Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right.
Speaker 2: Week two of football was great.
Speaker 1: James Cook popped off with those rushing yards for Bill Mafia. For you already know, I'm pumped for week three of football season. It's September and we still have hope for some of our favorite teams.
Speaker 2: Kansas City they're one and two.
Speaker 1: It's all good, though, There's still lots of time to believe in my homeboy and guess what Right now, there's a match discount off of where projection lines are at a minimum.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks are simple and easy to use. All you need to do is pick.
Speaker 1: More on Patrick Mahons point five passing yards more more more. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Which players are going off, which ones aren't. Make your pick in less than sixty seconds, and turn your takes into.
Speaker 2: Cash all season long.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app. Use code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. Prize fixed is good to be right. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Atlanta Falcons run their record to one in one, go on the road and take down the Minnesota Vikings by the score of twenty two to six. The Falcons are one and one. The Minnesota Vikings are one and one. I am your favorite onunk. Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts. He's Liberty Cities owned. He's Matting's ratings adjuster, pro bowler, all pro ring of Fame, Hono Reed from the Bengals. He's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your support, your eyes, your ears, and word of mouth, because thanks to you, Nightcap of on places we only dreamed of, especially this early. Thank you guys, really really thank you for last night, because I don't think we came on until one thirty two o'clock in the morning, and you guys were right there for us, almost forty thousand in the chat at that time of night, so that time of morning excuse me, so thank you very much. Please make sure you check out my Cognac shave by Laportier. If you cannot find it in the city or state near you ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Just head over to the la Portier dot com and grab your special limited edition bottle of a commemority bottle of my brother did Something to dedicate to him for being selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He and I the first brother combinations elected inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So just head over to the Portier dot com to grab your bottle while supplies last. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is also in the chat.
Speaker 1: The new show that we've launched under the Sha Shan Media umbrella is Debo and Joe, James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to their YouTube page, Debo and Joe every Monday, Tuesdays and Fridays at eleven am. That's every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at eleven am, the Debo and Joe Show.
Speaker 2: All right, o, Joe, we just mentioned it.
Speaker 1: The Atlanta Falcons run their record till five hundred one one, thanks to going on the road and winning twenty two to six. They shook off a very disappointing loss. They switched kickers out. They brought a new kicker in. He was five or five and a pat so there's a great chance he's gonna be Special Teams Player of the Week. But might be the guy from Dallas who kicked the sixty four yarder to get it in the overtime and then the game winning field goals, so he might. You know, I'm sorry, Romo, I thought you might get it, but probably not. Aubrey. Aubrey is probably gonna get it. But the Falcons, you, oh yo, an outstanding running game, and they hounded McCarthy. They got after five sacks in the first half, six total for the game.
Speaker 2: They picked him off twice, forced the fumble once.
Speaker 1: So anytime you can press hound the quarterback six times, pressured him numerous other times, and turned him over three times, you're probably gonna win that game. What did you like about what you saw from the Falcons?
Speaker 3: Listen, but I like from the Falcons.
Speaker 4: I'm not even gonna talk about the running game and what they did offensively the beginning of the game. I really really enjoyed Pinnis in the chemistry him and Kyle Pitts have gotten going.
Speaker 3: It was a mismatch.
Speaker 4: They put Kyle Pitts in different positions in different places where the mismatches were. Had him out wide at ride receiver, had him in the slot, they had him at the tight end position.
Speaker 3: But defensively is where they made their hey.
Speaker 4: Obviously they did what they did on offense with the running game, but obviously it was somewhat I don't want to say if a snooze fest hunk, But they got in the rear zone, but they couldn't score most of the time. They couldn't score most of the time. Field goals to get you beat. But the fact that they played defensive well and the god damn Viking couldn't get anything going offensively, let alone getting the red zone two score points.
Speaker 3: They only kicked field goals as well. That's why they won. That's where they won the game in y yes six points.
Speaker 2: But Atlanta's defense was outstanding. We haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Look, Atlanta's been really really bad oho over the last five or six years at rushing the quarterback, and they made a concerted effort. They drafted early, they got Walker, they traded back in the first round, got Piers, they got brought in Leonard Floyd, who was with Raheem when he was at the Rams, so therefore he was very familiar with Leonard Floyd. And they attacked the quarterback. In order for you to win, your defense has to pressure the quarterback. You cannot leave him back there and let him have all day to pack the football. The Falcons did an outstanding job and this is what they needed. They needed to pass rush for a very very last long time. I think they say they finished last in the last five years they've been last, have the least amount of sacks, and nobody's within thirty of them.
Speaker 2: So and.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say that the one thing I like about the defensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcon.
Speaker 3: The last name is Ulbridge. They don't have it. Why they don't have a Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: But collectively as a group, running stunts stand different things with the with the with the demons, the line, with the linebackers, and adding pressure against you. You're going against the rookie quarterback even though he's in his second year, this is his first year Stars, but you're throwing stuff at him that's confusing him, because that's the one thing you want to do to a young quarterback. You want to put pressure on him, confuse him, force him the process information a little faster than you can and you get what you saw tonight. Interception fumbles, you get stuff like that. So they they played really well and I'm i'm I'm excited for the Falcons. Obviously, Penning Jr. Now Being the starter and the future is rank for Atlanta right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know why to keep Kirk Cousins looks Kirk Cousins. I don't know why to keep keep showing on Kirk Cousins. He ain't going in and nothing was wrong with Phoenix. I don't know why you ain't Nobody feeling no sympathy, freud, hell as he doesnet backed up to break truck and and.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, speaking of brings truck, do you know do you know how much Kirk Cousins has made?
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't think people understand.
Speaker 4: Hey he listen, he's he's a child of God and God has blessed him because it's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I ain't nobody feeling ain't nobody feeling sorry for cot Cousins. He's standing on the sideline like man, coach put me in. No, bro, that's over that shipself. Sit there, draw your thirty million dollars and be quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah they gave him one hundred million guaranteed. Mos he got it, so he got more money coming. But I really, I really really loved what I saw from the Falcons, their past rush. If they can keep this going, b John Robinson and here running the football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, schadeur calling me should do who it's only one should do her?
Speaker 2: Hold on? What's up?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Sitting here on the show was good? Yeah, we live right now.
Speaker 4: It's good. Talk to me as we want to come on? Huh, I mean yeah, I mean you yeah, you own? I mean they could hit me talking and I said, I said it was you.
Speaker 3: But they can't. They can't what you're saying. Why you need me?
Speaker 1: Atlanta's defense had six sacks, Harrison one and a half, Doris one and a half, Pierce Junior half a sack, Leonard Ford sacked.
Speaker 3: I ain't see it. I ain't see it. I ain't see it.
Speaker 1: So Atlanta got after JJ McCarthy comes back down to reality. After he played so well the open the week, I think, even if I'm not mistaken, I think he was Offensive player of the Week in the NFC had an outstanding game spot of the Chicago Bears seventeen to six, and then they scored twenty one unanswered points to take a twenty seven to seventeen lead, and the next thing you know, they end up holding on the winning JJ place really well. But that's just the ups and down that you're gonna have as a rookie quarterback. You shouldn't expect him.
Speaker 2: To be even keel especially really he's not a rookie, but as Ojo said, it's his first year starting.
Speaker 1: He's a second year player, but this is his first year starting. But uh, Falcons look good. Vikings back to the drawing board. Falcons, running their record to one and one with a twenty two to six win over the Minnesota Vikings thanks to a great running by.
Speaker 2: Hold B. John Robinson twenty two carries a buck forty three.
Speaker 1: Alger had sixteen rushings seventy six yards thirty nine Russians two hundred and eighteen yards. Pennis Junior was thirteen to twenty one, one five three sacks. But they win this ball game twenty two to six.
Speaker 4: Hey, I have a question for you. I'm curious to how you feel about it. Chat you can you can, you can chime into it and let me know. When we talk about the tier the tier one running backs in the NFL, Your king, Henry's, you're Christian mc caffrey's.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think Jonathan Taylor would be in that conversation as well. Is it time, yes, excuse me, I'm sorry. Is it time we put B. Jhon Robinson in that conversation? Is a Tier one running back? Or is he not there yet?
Speaker 3: Is he? Is he on the fringe of being Tier one? I'm just curious, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a he got he? I mean I need to see another year. I need to see.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Some awards I need I think, I think I need to see an All Pro or something. Yeah, right, because all those guys, I mean, you look at King Henry has basically been doing this since he's gotten too the league. Kuan was Offensive Rookie of the Year, he had another thousand, had an outstanding season, he got injured. Now he's went to the uh uh the Eagles Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: So Christian McCaffrey has been Offensive.
Speaker 1: Player of the Year, he's been a multiple time Pro Bowl rushed four thousand, received four thousand.
Speaker 2: I think I think bjon is on the CUSP.
Speaker 1: He would be he would be my next back to if you look at Jonathan Taylor, you look at it as you mentioned King Henry, Saquan and.
Speaker 3: And we can't forget Gibbs.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they're coming, They're coming, They're coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, it all depends because Gibbs and Montgomery don't get the workload that those other guys get.
Speaker 2: They split a lot of the carriages.
Speaker 1: King Henry gets the Lion share of the carry Saquan gets the Lion's share of the carriers. Christian McCaffrey gets the Lions share of the carriers. If you notice Robinson had twenty two rushes, but Algier had sixteen. So they do a great job. And and and you know, you can preserve your backs and you can. They'll be fresher longer where it on'll take the Lions share of the carriers. But yeah, they're right there. I mean, look, you can put Josh Jacobs in that groove. There are some guys that are that are that are right there, O Joe, that are right.
Speaker 3: There Aery Jones. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The Eagles beat the Super Bowl, beat the Chiefs again in the Super Bowl. Rematched the Chiefs and two for the first time since twenty fourteen. Patrick Mahomes starts the season oh and two for the first time since the South More year in high school. Jalen Hurts is now three and two against Patrick Mahomes, including the playoffs too, and what in the regular season. The broadcast caught an exchange between Chris Jones and Jalen Hurts. Jones said, you don't even have a hundred yards, Hurts. We want to have a game.
Speaker 2: Shut your leap up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, it was. It was a sloppy game. Yeah, it was. It was a sloppy game.
Speaker 4: I expected fireworks, you know, obviously, you think about you think about the Eagles as great as their adult their defensive line is the tush push dominated the game today.
Speaker 3: Sakwan was decent.
Speaker 4: I don't like the fact that, again aj Brown not getting involved into the game the way he should be, being a top when we talk about the top receiver in the NFL. But again it's the offense that they do run. They are winning, and a lot of people say, listen, numbers don't matter, stats don't matter as long as we are winning games. But one of the things that I don't like on is what teams do when it comes to business, when you command a certain set gallery. The first thing he's gonna do is they gonna tell you, well, what we're paying you doesn't match up to the production that you're giving us. You know, we're gonna need you to take a pecut. You know we're gonna need you to take a piccut.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 4: That's why I always complain about them not getting him the ball as much. But again, they are winning. That that that at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. I just understand the business side of things. Down the road, what they're going to try to pull outside of that on the chief side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh the receivers that they got guys, Oh Joe and no matter what you say, they have guys.
Speaker 2: Juju is a guy. Hollywood Brown has become a guy. They're guys. Kelsey has been lazy.
Speaker 1: He's getting lazy with his head, and he's getting lazy with his eyes. He knows in that area of the field, he has to snap his head. He knows. I don't know what he's looking. I don't know why he's so lazy with his head. There's nobody inside and and and and uh, what's thirty two's name? Blanket ship? He got your man? Why you're so lazy your head matter? You gotta snap it around. It's like he got it. And if no, bro, you got to snap that.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: And you took points off the board. So in other words, you don't get points. And they go down and they get points points. Yeah, yeah, big guy got oh Jo, they got guys. I don't care how great Mahomes is. He's not overcoming that big guy.
Speaker 2: Guys. They can't running back.
Speaker 1: And I keep telling you, Pachecko's a guy. They're thirty fifty guys. You can find fifty guys in the NFL that can do exactly what Isael Pachaco could do.
Speaker 2: Kareem Hunt is past this prime. He's a guy. They got guys, got guys.
Speaker 1: There's nothing special about anybody on that team right now offensively other than Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Offensively, they got guys.
Speaker 4: But but you heard what you just said that nobody on that team that is special outside of the quarterback, and that's the most important position.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chris Chris Jones.
Speaker 1: But I mean, look, that offensive line did an outstanding job today. They ran the ball. Yeah, thirty four rushes one hundred and twenty two yards. Look, oh, jo I ain't got probably with a touch push. But if you're gonna let him jump the count, can't nobody stop it? You remember last year they tried a couple of years ago, they tried to put an emphasis on those tackles were jump in the snap count, and they started calling it, if you're gonna let the offensive lineman jump the count, that start the guards and tackles start moving before the center starts the ball. But no, nobody's gonna be able to stop it. And you can see it they jump in the count. Yeah, but this, I mean, she look bad. I mean there's no where around it. The Chiefs just look bad on Joe.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: I mean Patrick Mahomes are leading Russia. I mean he taking and he's gonna have to be careful. Lord that lord on that shoulder. I know his his non throwing shoulders, but you're gonna be you gotta be careful with that. And but you throw caution to the win, oh Joe, because you get out there and you're a competitor and you you know you've lost your first you lost the first game, you lost the second game, and you just want to have some resemblance of something and offensively and try to stay on the field. But he's gonna need to be careful. But offensively they got guys, I mean Mahomes and Mahomes had Thornton wide open and he overshoots in bout fifteen yards. Now they come back and catch him again and he makes an outstanding play.
Speaker 4: But mat Yeah, they put they put that safety on it. They put that safety in the buy and had him make a choice either you stay with the safety and the.
Speaker 3: Mahomes and then dig safety. Dig It was too late. It was too late for Mitchell to get over.
Speaker 4: Yes, But listen, you have to think about when Tyreek left the Chiefs, they just had guys, and Mahomes was still able to get it done.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 4: As long as I have fifteen, I'm not a Chiefs fan, but as long as I have fifteen.
Speaker 3: I have a chance. But as long as I have eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Who knows you, oh, Jo, he's not that same guy that he was when when Tyreek first left. You know that you watch the game, You're watching it. I mean I'm not I'm not breaking news, and everybody knows. I love now. But he's not the same. It's not even closed. And when you lose, Rushie writes, who is he started at? If you go back and look that year that he got there, he had started to take over, like okay, they got something worthy, had started looking and now he's hurt. So now you got man. Look, Baltimore was willing to trade a Hollywood Brown. The Cardinals was willing to let him go. Come on now, oh yo, look at Juju. Pittsburgh says, okay, you can go. He goes to New England. They're like, nah, you good, go ahead. I think he went to New England first. Then he comes to Kansas City he goes somewhere else and he's back in Kansas City. Yeah, they're they're better off the I mean, if you take if you take those scramble yards out, you got Kareem Hunt got eight carries for thirty one yards along of eleven Isaaea Pacheco ten carries twenty two yards. Ten carries twenty two yards, running hard, going nowhere. It's got this kind like man. He basically running the place. Man, I've been I've been runing you running the place as you ain't with nowhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna be all right. I mean, listen, that's the that's the one team.
Speaker 2: I oh.
Speaker 4: I will always have a chance no matter what I have surrounded me, because what I lack offensively, the quarterback I have can overcome it. This is a bad game today, but as the season goes on and they make adjustments. It's the same conversation we had with the Chiefs at the beginning of the season last year. All the goddamn drops, we ain't got nobody to throw to. Kelsey can't get open. He's not the same Kelsey was, you know, no back back a few years ago. But but but again, for some reason, you know what they ended up last year and it got damn mess.
Speaker 1: Your question, do you think Buffalo is better last year than better this year than they were last year?
Speaker 2: You like the way Josh Allen is playing right now? Yes? Or no? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: What about Baltimore? You think they're better than what they were last year? What about the Chargers? Are they better than what they were last year?
Speaker 4: They are the most motherfucker they are the most improved. Matter of fact, speaking of this Charges, I'm still I'm still in Vegas. I ain't gon so I'm I'm I'm going to the game. I'm going to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No, I don't I do that. I got to I haven't been outside this time for me to come in.
Speaker 3: But I got two tickets for us.
Speaker 2: I take take your people.
Speaker 3: No, it was it was a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I gotta, I gotta, I gotta stay here in prep.
Speaker 3: But we could prep ge. We could prep at the same time and watch the game.
Speaker 4: We can talk about the game and take notes and when we're gonna talk about when we get do nightcap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I absolutely doubt want to go to the game.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, j J said, Man told he told Jalen hurts you don't even have a one hundred yards heard said, we.
Speaker 2: Wanted the f and game. Shut your shut up, And that's the ultimate thing school boards.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm at the end of the day. But how long can they play like this? How long can you how how long can you play throwing for less?
Speaker 1: They did it last year? You just told you, just told me about the Cat's see.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I said, I said it.
Speaker 4: But I'm just asking you how long are you going to be able to do that this year? This is a new year when you when you come against a team that's offer of the juggernaut, that can actually run the ball, that can actually throw the ball, that can actually play a little better defense than what the Chiefs played today.
Speaker 2: What happened? You play that bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, what did they give up? But that they didn't play well? Oh yo, think about it. They gave one hundred, They gave up one hundred and twenty two yards rushing on thirty four carries. They gave up one hundred and one passing yards on twenty two attempts. So they gave up. They gave up six one sixteen. They have two and sixteen total yards. If you give up doing sixteen total yards you're supposed to win if your defense gives a poll of opposing offense to two hundred and sixteen yards and they have points because they scored off Kelsey, a babble the ball and the go to pick at the Indian zone. Yeah, and Kan kudos to the left tackle. Sim is the number one draft pick because you win't got it?
Speaker 3: You were moving boy to be that.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they got they got to get better. They got Joe, They got a bunch of fans guys.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: They don't have anybody that can consistently get down the field and catch the ball.
Speaker 2: Hollywood. I mean they got the guys. Those guys are oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The thing is about Hollywood Brown is that wherever you catch is it, That's what they're gonna tackle it.
Speaker 2: Man, he breaking the tackles.
Speaker 4: But you gotta think everybody don't have a Jamar Chase. Everybody don't have a Justin Jefferson. Like that's not That hasn't been the makeup of their team offensively since Tyreek left, it hasn't.
Speaker 1: I think Scott Rice was coming in his own. You could tell he gonna be a player. He was that bossy saw him got get better and better and better.
Speaker 2: So those were the guys that they were counting on.
Speaker 1: Look, the chief knew that some kind of punishment was coming to Rashiet Wrights. The reports that they wanted to suspend him for the whole year. He wasn't going for that. They settled on six games. So the chiefs knew something was coming. They didn't expect Xavier work. They didn't expect their own guy to run into Xavier Worthy and dislocated shoulder.
Speaker 2: They weren't expecting that.
Speaker 1: Look Tae Kwan Thornton, Look, I didn't know anything about it, but he goes to the comboy. He runs four two seven. You're gonna get everybody's under boted attention. You run that fast and that's at that height, you're gonna get people's attention. And that's what he did. Juju is Look, he can make tough contests. Catch him on yo, but he ain't going Oh, he ain't going nowhere in a hurry. He's never been a speed merchant. Right, But you gotta think about it. This all comes down to office a coordinator. It's all about understanding the players you have and putting the players that you have in positions to make plays based on their strengths.
Speaker 2: You have a court, how many shallow cost you have me to run? Oo?
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, listen, if that's what they do, that's what that that that that's.
Speaker 1: What you got to do. But guess what oo. And because you don't have nobody that's great run after the catch. So guess what where they catch the ball? That's where they tackled at. In order to run shallows and all that pig stuff, you need guys that can run after catch.
Speaker 2: You need guys that can break tackles. O joe.
Speaker 3: But I know one thing. You keep moving the chains. You keep moving the chains if you don't have someone Oh wait a minute, oh whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: Let's think about this. Let's think about the Patriots. Think about the Patriots. They had no speed merchants, but it was shallows underneaths crosses, middle of the.
Speaker 3: Middle of that.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about, not not the Moss Patriots. I'm talking about the Edelman, the grom you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: Crossings.
Speaker 1: Is better than is better than any receiver. But they got right now on the cheese.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm not gonna I'm not comparing. I'm just saying the route. I'm about the ski.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that was their thing, and then they attack you.
Speaker 1: But in order to consistently run those you got to stay on You can't get behind the chains. And a lot of times the Chiefs will fall behind the chains, They'll get stuck at second and ten, they'll get second and twelve, they'll get a holding call. So now all of a sudden, they don't care if you run a shallow across. They just go tackle you and get off the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got to have some type of run a game.
Speaker 4: Yes, you got to have some type of run a game to keep the defense on, some type of running game to keep the defense honest. But the good thing for the Chiefs is it not playing the Eagles every goddamn week. They're not playing the Eagles every goddamn week, So other games are going to look much better than what they did.
Speaker 1: They realize, Oh, Jo, we saw the Chargers do this to them.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, at some point in time, I can only scheme so much when you start giving me gizzards and livers and lives, and I can only make such an I can only make a dish. I can only make so much out of it, Joe. At some point in time, if you want better dishes, you're gonna have to give me better ingredients. And right now these this is the ingredients that I have, and I can only do so much with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: We had these conversations about the Chiefs and their struggles at the beginning of the season, whether it's the officer line, whether it's the receivers getting open, whether it's receivers dropping the ball. In this case, now some of the some of some of their best players that you expect to step up to the plate with the with the the absence of worthy, with the absence of the she rights, and they're messing up the ones that you think you can count on.
Speaker 3: And and hey, they got to go back to the drum ball problem.
Speaker 2: They got to go back to the thangels.
Speaker 1: OJO is that when you're struggling offensively, the one thing that you can't do is what turn the ball over?
Speaker 2: Turn them all over.
Speaker 1: Yo, you you're about to get points because think about jo, there was a stretch there early in Mahone's career. You like seventeen points. He getting that in the first half. You took about for a game easy. Oh hein't gonna get bored of that and think about it. How late it was when they got that seventeen because of the longest time they had ten and here we are with three minutes left in the game they got ten points. So we're not used to seeing them struggle offensively, like they're struggling to make matters worse is that to turn the ball over and they don't need to turn it over four or five times because you're already struggling. One turnover could possibly doom you when you can only put up seventeen points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, The defensive, I mean defense held that team to. Like how they held that team to twenty points after they get excuse me, after they gave up what they gave up in the Super Bowl. Held them they held them to It was ten, ten aut a half. They gave up three in the third and both of them scored seven in the fourth. M You can't dang it's it's it's Look, they're in a very tough spot because of the absence of Rice and Xavier Worthy.
Speaker 2: But ain't nobody feeling sorry for the Chiefs?
Speaker 4: Nah, don't feel sorry for him because they had problems Every year we talk about their struggles we talk about their issues on offense, on defense, off the line, to talk about the receivers, the tight ends, and for some goddamn reason, now watch they end up backing goddamn San Francisco coming for we want.
Speaker 1: I don't feel as confident as I did it Bud beating Canelo. So if you ask me to put some money down, I ain't doing that. And if they do end up there, bless them. But I ain't putting no money. That means up to me. Ohto the Cowboys beat the Giants in ot Brandon Aubrey kicked the sixty four yard field goal as time expired, and then he kicked a forty six yard field goal to win the ball game forty to thirty seven. CD Lamb had one hundred and twelve yards on nine catches, George Pickens five catches sixty eight yards and a touchdown that put Dallads up by four with fifty two seconds in the regulation, but Russ came back found over the top.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I hate with this.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, that was that was a great game.
Speaker 4: That Cowboy Giants game might might have been might have been the best.
Speaker 2: Game of it was no question about it was the best game of the day.
Speaker 3: Oh there, they were nice. They were going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Giants defense let him down. Yeah, I mean, listen it.
Speaker 4: The Giants defense played well most of the day outside that that one play.
Speaker 1: What stretched left and he bound? You got it wrapped up and you and you let Yeah, you let Javonte. I mean you're third and fourteen and you let him pick up. Yeah, you can't do that. You got it wrapped up, You got it stopped at the line, and somehow you let him, You let him out.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: That was a good game, though, it was a very good game. As a as a Giants fan, you got to be optimistic. The way they look today, especially rusted to him. They didn't look as bad as they did previous week. And Elak neighbors doing what he got to do. I just the running game. Running game was decent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every basically four yards of care. You can live with that. The thing is, o, Joe, is that the turnover? And I know you guys.
Speaker 3: He had the press. He had the pressure.
Speaker 2: That's not what yo. You can't throw. You can't get thrown down in the middle of the field.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he was trying to throw to the corner, but he got hit. Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, today he was dealing thirty or forty one fifty three touchdowns. Uh, that was thirty eight to fifty two three sixty one, two touchdowns, one interception, a lot of offense, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of you know, five hundred yards from the Giant, almost five hundred yards for the Cowboys. But it just cut moments that come down to making plays.
Speaker 1: I mean, Malite Neighbors nine for a buck sixty seven, two tubs one, Dale Robinson eight for buck forty two, one tub, Darius Slayton two for sixty one.
Speaker 2: I mean, guys are playing well.
Speaker 1: Ceedee Lamb nine for a buck twelve, Jake Ferguson nine for seventy eight, George Figgins five for sixty eight, Cavonte Turpin four for forty seven. Man, if they let another defender cross their face, I mean offense, Oh Joe, on what route?
Speaker 2: What route? You don't let nobody inside of you on the gold line, that's the easiest throw. Yeah, I mean, dude, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was like, I was like, I just want to be I just want to be a fly on the wall because I would love to hear with deep with the coordinator and the position coach are teaching these guys, because it seemed like they just let guys just willing, nearly just just go across their face. I'm not letting you cross my face. It's just like an offensive player. Oho, you never let a defensive player across your face. So as a defender, the offensive player not let try to let you cross his face. As a defender, why would you let the offensive player across your face.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Ojoe.
Speaker 1: But give the Cowboys credit because these are games that we've seen the Cowboys fade in.
Speaker 2: Do you have the lead, Ojo?
Speaker 1: And then and then guess what, And in three plays they're backing the end zone and they got the lead.
Speaker 2: But you have to give all the credit.
Speaker 1: Sixty four yards, o Joe, that ball like it'd have been good for seventy four.
Speaker 3: It is, he said.
Speaker 4: He said, Obviously, are we having a soccer background as well. It's one thing to be able to kick far, but to be able to kick far and be accurate, is you that's the problem because the further out you go, with the goalpost being as narrow as they are, is being accurate from that far out and being able to control the trajectory of the ball and where you wanted to go. And he's really really good at that. And I know because he has a soccer background, he's that much more confident in doing so well.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure all of the guys got soccer backgrounds. There are no most straight on kickers anymore. There used to be, you know, the soccer you know, the straight on the square, the square toe guys. I mean, I don't think I've seen who was that.
Speaker 1: The last guy was probably Mark Moseley, but he was he was gone, But for I don't think I was in the league when I got there.
Speaker 2: He right, I think he retired. I don't think I played against Mosley. I don't.
Speaker 1: But he's the only kicker to win the MVP nineteen eighty two, if I'm not mistaken, kicker win the MVP of the NFL. Oh, Joe, yeah, yeah, but I like this is like I said, O, Joe, this is the type of game that the Cowboys would normally lose, have a lead and then give it up lad in the ball game and then Dack with either fumblot or strip sack or something like that. That did a heck of a job of getting out of harms way too, because they had him sacked one time and he got him out of that. But you see Jared saying there after the game that they signed your davy in clowning. After you see Russell Wilson grow for four hundred and fifty yards on you. Yeah, you better go get somebody you need youmpression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And alright, like.
Speaker 1: I said, and the thing is, Oh, Joe, he just he kicks so effortless and the ball just jumps off his foot. I mean, he don't try to kill it. I mean it's the same swing whether he's kicking a pat or he's kicking the ball sixty plus yards, it's the same. It's the same, it's the same motion, it's the same rhythm. And it was It was unbelievable. The Cowboys. Who the Cowboys play next? One in one the Giants fall zer and two. The Giants welcome in Kansas City on Sunday night, don't they?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's gonna be a good one. Wait, what are they playing at Kansas City or New York? Well, that's gonna be a good one. That's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: In Kansas City. Cowboy's play Bears in Chicago Dallas.
Speaker 2: Oh, they ain't much going on that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, first drive, Gianz left tackle, James Hudson fifteen yard pienoty five yard false start, fifteen yard Pillty five yard false start. Hustled with bitch the following drive and got into it on the sideline with Brian Dayball. We just saw last week, Molak neighbors bro. I just want you to know, what do you want them to do on the first possession of the game. You give up fifteen yards, twenty yards, thirty five yards, forty yards in penalties. Yeah, so I just try to figure out what does he want the what if you want the coaches to do?
Speaker 4: I don't think he understands that that affects the game in the long run.
Speaker 3: It affects the game in the long run. Every play counts, every play matters, even in the beginning of the game. You don't know what could have happened on that first drive, if that's that's all, that's all.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think players understand every play counts, every single one. Now that there might be one or two that changed the game itself. The two and in that first drive one of those players that would have changed that game.
Speaker 3: It could have been right there.
Speaker 4: Where you keep jumping off side or you're having you're costing your team. You're costing your team, which is why you're getting into it with the coach. Yeah, we got we gotta bench you.
Speaker 3: They did that. It literally, Yes, when you.
Speaker 4: Mess up consistently over and over, you gotta go down.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, either coaching or you're condoning it. Now, which one is it? O Joe, are you coaching this type of behavior? Are you condoning this type of behavior? When either case, you're wrong. And I wish this young, I wish this And like I said, oh Joe, sometimes you're so close to a situation you don't see it or you don't understand it. But I hope he got an opportunity to sit back and look at his actions. And sometimes it becomes when you become you can become reflected, when you can reflect, like, damn, that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the coach fault. That's on It's on me. It's on me, guys. I'm sorry. He should apologize to the team.
Speaker 1: The question that I have is that I've seen back to back weeks I've seen people, but blowing up at the coach.
Speaker 2: That's not a good sign on Joe. No, not at all, not at all, because I'm telling you what.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what the people upstairs that pay that pay day bass. Is he losing his team? Does he have control of this team? Can he coach this team? Those are the questions that they're asking, right, But I don't look at like I said, I hadn't had a whole lot of head coaches, oh, Joe, But I don't remember. I don't remember about doing at the Dan Reed. I don't remember anybody doing it in like Shanahan. I don't remember that doing that the way Phillips. I'm just like Brian.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Guy, like I said, I'm I'll show you know what. I guess this to be expected. I'm old school, I've been I'm so far removed for it, I removed from it. I guess this is the modern day behavior. This is how guys instead of accepting accountability that you know what, I messed up. I got the holding call, I got the false start. It's somebody else's fault. I guess that's where we are right now. So I guess this is why I couldn't coach, got I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't listen.
Speaker 4: It's a different era of football. It is a different era of player in general. The money is different that they are making.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it, it's okay to make it. Yes, thanks are going to happen.
Speaker 4: The point of pre is to practice, to get it perfect and do it as many times as you can the right way. Our mistake can happen, yes, but for him to happen back to back to back to back, and you cast your team affecting your team, now you got to sit down. You gotta sit down. So I'm not I'm even I'm.
Speaker 3: Not even sure how you even argue the fact. But I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that was.
Speaker 3: A left tack. So that's the money position.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't. I don't, Like I said, I don't, I don't know. Now is that guys?
Speaker 1: Like I said, Oh Joe, you know, and in today's the way it is now. But I think, guys, look, in this situation, I just don't know, you know. And I understand that Brian day Bard is gonna catch it flak because he's the head coach and he kind of bowed up.
Speaker 2: But where are the leaders? Where are your offensive leaders? Where are your leaders of the team?
Speaker 3: Brian, Brian Burns? What they was there? They wash? This was right on the sideline. That's Wilson.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, James, you just cost us one hundred yards impunities and so what you wanted to just leave you in there and just let you let's just keep going. They might have put him back in the game. But I can't after this kind of behavior, which I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Because the one thing I refuse to do is to talk, is to reinforce negative behavior. If your child acts up and you give them ice cream a cookie, what will they continue to do? You're reinforcing negative behavior. I'll never reinforce negative behavior. I refuse to.
Speaker 4: And I don't think he understand how important he is too. But you might be the most the most important offensive player for the offense.
Speaker 3: To even go to even be able to eat slaves. Boy, you got Russell Wilson's blind side? What do you what are you doing? And if you can't take accountability for going off sides and having holding penlolies, man, go sit your ad down somewhere. Man, you costing.
Speaker 1: Uh, he got an unnecessary roughness penalty, then he got a false start penalty. Then he got another unnecessary roughness piloty, and then he got a five yard then he got another false start. He did that and then he got mad.
Speaker 4: Hey, come on, come on sit over here with me, real quick, come on, come on think about this real quick. Get your mind together, get your mind together, and we'll put you back in. But now you want to bore up at the head coach after you messing up, you costing us, man, sit your ad down, man, But you know.
Speaker 3: What, you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't sit him down too long because obviously he's your started left tackle. He's just started left tackle for a reason, and your start left tackle is really the money position. So you're paying him with whatever you're paying him, so you ain't got no choice but the plane.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, oh Choe, you have to discipline a player because the other players are watching, and and and and and and you don't want the other players to think that's acceptable. Yeah, I've always I've always tried to, like when I played, Oh Joe, I've always tried to like stay within myself. Yeah, there were times I was seed, absolutely, but I know, I know, I know guys are watching me, and I know one day I'm gonna move on and I'm not gonna be there and they're gonna be in my position where they're gonna be one of the better players. And I never wanted players to think that was okay. There's a time and the place for everything. Yeah, the quarterback messed up. Yeah, guys wrong, ran wrong routes. Just pull them to the side, and we didn't have nearly the cameras that they got. Now, oh Joe, you can't do nothing. You can't say it. I mean, even you talking to somebody, I wonder what they're saying. I want to with there talking or you might have somebody got the book, got the got the mic, the big round bubble and picking up all the audio because think about you, cause you heard what Chris Jones said, that's on.
Speaker 2: The field, O Joe, and then picked that up.
Speaker 1: So I just I just I just I just hate this for the young man. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to get home and and and on the plane ride home if it didn't dawn on him, Ojoe when he was on the sideline. Hopefully on that long plane ride home to New York. He's sitting there and he's having a conversation with himself, like, you know what, I need to be better. I need to handle my emotions better so I don't put my team in the harm's way. Because at the end of the day, when you play a team sport, your behavior is reflective on the team.
Speaker 2: It ain't just you.
Speaker 1: John mckiroe can blow up and get all he wants to, but guess what, o, Joe, he's playing tingles. A golfer can get mad and break his club that Joe love Hell, that's one less club.
Speaker 2: In your bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know, I know. One thing is to blow up like that, understanding that.
Speaker 4: You're not even You're not even the starter. He's not even the starter. And I'm surprised somebody ain't say and see what you're doing right now? The mistakes you make it right now is why you're not the starting left tackle anyway, which is why you're coming off the bench, and the only reason you in the game is because the start is injured hurt.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he's wrong with Andrew Thomas, but here's the thing that how.
Speaker 4: You now you see why? That's what I if I was the Ball. I would have told him, now you see why your ass ain't starting.
Speaker 2: You better be careful because you're not starting that type of behavior. Get you cut.
Speaker 4: They showed, They show you that though faster faster than you could.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Uh, Andrew Andrew Thomas is out with Liz Frank.
Speaker 1: Do they expect him They expect him back at some point, right, because he had it last year.
Speaker 2: He didn't just do it. Yeah, so he's trying to come back.
Speaker 1: And that's that's that's a tough injury for a tackle because you know everything, everything's on your toes, you got to push.
Speaker 3: Off your toes, you got a kid, everything.
Speaker 2: So I hate that. Like I said, I don't know Brian dave Ball. I don't know Brian dave Ball from a candapaign.
Speaker 1: I just know what higher up thinks when they see this type of behavior and they see it reoccurring.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But the hard part is is the season's already started, so there's really nobody else to bring in and you have to rely on him no matter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, because any.
Speaker 4: Anybody that's available, they available for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But hey, you see my view and you see what's over my show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Jerry announced after the game the Cowboys have signed Ed Rutgers. Your baby in clowney o Joe. How much will that help the defense? They did sacks rust three times today.
Speaker 2: Uh, you got him Clark, Kenny Clark got him once.
Speaker 1: Uh, Houston got him once. Man, what others that come from? Am I am I blind or something?
Speaker 2: I see?
Speaker 1: Kenny Clark got one, Hudson got Houston got one. But they said he got three sacks?
Speaker 2: What other one? Who got the other sack? Am I missing something? Maybe my eyes are bad? I just baby baby? Hey.
Speaker 4: But addition to Jay Young, Jadavian is gonna be good. He destructive, he has a motor. He gonna get after the quarterback.
Speaker 3: He's he's okay.
Speaker 4: Against the run, they gonna they're gonna be alright. They're gonna be alright. Any any help they can get defensively, it's gonna be good. It's gonna be It's gonna be really good because they gonna need it.
Speaker 3: They gonna need it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Ravens beat the Browns by the score forty one to seventeen. Ravens linebacker Kyle van Oi told the Ravens told the reporters that the Baltimore defense had a team done a meeting in order to get beyond's.
Speaker 2: Last week for fourth quarter collapse. It worked. The Ravens are now thirteen and two following losses since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: It was a ten to three half at the half. Miles Garret Steed after the game. I mean, this issue is embarrassing. We've got to be better on defense. We've got to be better as a team. They slowly chipped away, and he did a solid job holding them to three when we could.
Speaker 2: But then eventually the damn broke.
Speaker 1: And we just whatever they wanted and we have to continue to play for sixty minutes. Kevin Stefanski said after the game that won't that he won't consider a QB change A Miles, enjoy that one hundred and sixty million, because this is what it's gonna be like in your future until y'all get until you get a quarterback. This is what you're going to be resigned to now. I look, maybe you know getting a million, a couple of two million, you know, two million dollars a month every game, check on Joe before a tax. Yeah, maybe that maybe that lessens it some this is your faith, this is your fate, this is oh yo, let's be real, this is what this is what's gonna happen in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Unless something miraculously happens. We do know that Joe Flacco can go on to run offensively.
Speaker 2: It's over. You watched them today, it's over.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah today, But you got to understand what they planning against. Now you're playing against the division opponent that knows.
Speaker 1: Your question to do. When he was in Cleveland the first time, why didn't they keep him? And he was the guy he went to ending Why didn't they keep him? If he was the guy he went to the gym direction? Why didn't they keep him?
Speaker 2: If he was the guy?
Speaker 3: You know why.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not saying he's the guy. I'm not saying he's a guy. But it's what you had to deal with right now. And they definitely don't want to they they definitely don't want to make a move that early the quarterback number two because basically, what you're telling your team is we're waving the white flag and were throwing it all in and we're gonna worry about starting our future right now.
Speaker 1: I ain't got I got a sheet. I got anything that's white, and I'm waving it.
Speaker 3: It's week two. You can't you can't wait.
Speaker 4: You can't wave the town till maybe week five, weeks six, and stuff still ain't going well.
Speaker 3: You said it yourself. What week you said they were gonna swisch quarter swisch quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh with the Giants eight?
Speaker 3: Oh you said the Giants?
Speaker 2: Well, hell, oh, Cleveland clean gonna be muer than that Week.
Speaker 3: Six, Week six, Week six, if anything.
Speaker 1: Well, week I can just imagine how Cleveland receivers feeling. It's tough to continuously run routes, try to get open, and you like, I give, I give, I give, you give Cleveland deep Russ defense twenty one rush is forty five yards, but Lamar had nineteen or twenty nine for two twenty five and four tubs passing.
Speaker 3: He did. They did say they were gonna stop Dereck Henry.
Speaker 4: They did did Grant Dell Pitt did say it's not hard to tackle Derrick Henry. They did a good job on Derrick Henry, not everybody everywhere else through the air.
Speaker 1: Zay Flyers had seven for seventy five. D hot was two for sixty four a touchdown. Walker two for twenty six two touchdowns, Wallace two for twenty five a touchdown. Oh Man ro Kwan Smith had himself a day fifteen total, fifteen total tackles and a fumber return for a touchdown. They got up to the quarterback, they got up the flat with look flac oh is a statue.
Speaker 3: You can't move you never could, that ain't never been and it's fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh go by you our special teams. I was, That's how I made the team. That's why I started. I cut my teeth on the special teams. But to sixty seven didn't go in there as a special team player. You are to check my resumes. Started playing with me. To sixty seven, There've been thirty thousand men that played this game, coach this game, own team, being a general manager, thirty thousand on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. No, I don't know what. To sixty seven what percent of thirty thousandars?
Speaker 1: But they're less than four hundred men that got a gold jacket A thirty thousands.
Speaker 3: I can tell you what. I can tell you what that is. You know I was a math major two.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just it's just Joe, it's tough, and I just I feel bad for the Browns fans because the one thing I know haven't played in Cleveland. No matter how bad they sucked, those fans still so came and sold out. Now a lot of times they might have had bags on their head, and they might have booed when things weren't going well, but they're out there tailgating knowing that their team gonna get the breaks beat off them.
Speaker 2: But they show up, they look bad.
Speaker 1: If any like you know, like certain fan bases on Joe just one time, Yeah, if Cleveland get an opportunity to say, man, we went to the super Bowl. I know everybody wants to win, but for those some of those fans to get an opportunity to see man, like I said, Brown's got some loyal ass fans.
Speaker 2: And I played them when I was in Denver.
Speaker 1: I went when they were at when they were old Cleveland, and I played them at Baltimore. Obviously they loved it Browns, man, they loved the Browns. But I ain't got no quarterback. I ain't got no quarterback. I don't care. I don't care how good your defense is not in today's game. Yeah, I know, everybody saying what y'all did, Yeah with the Ravens in two thousand, it's twenty twenty five. That's damn near quarter century ago. Nobody's playing football like they played a quarter century ago.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the rules, the rules don't permit it.
Speaker 1: And guess what, you're playing a quarterback all that money, you're not gonna pay him to turn around and hand the ball off. It's look, they're gonna have to find a quarterback. They thought they had a quarterback with Jay, with Deshaun for whatever reason, it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: He's been injured. He showed the injury, he got.
Speaker 1: A McKinley's injury, and it seems like he's working his way back. I don't know if he's gonna come back this year. We'll see. Don't show without a quarterback, they're not gonna do nothing.
Speaker 3: You don't have a chance.
Speaker 4: I don't care. And yeah, it ain't even it ain't even about the Browns. That goes for sure. Until you figure out your quarterback position, you're not going to have any type of success. Now, you can have flashes of brilliants, you could have success maybe for a game, maybe two, but it's all about being consistent weekend and week out and having a chance at winning each week.
Speaker 3: Right now, they just don't have that. They don't have it.
Speaker 4: But they're gonna they gon'n they're gonna have They're gonna have games where they go out there and win. They're gonna have games but they go out there and flag. We're gonna throw for three hundred three TD you. We're gonna have games like that at some point this season. I guarantee that that's just that's just the way that that's just the way the floor of the game works, just in general.
Speaker 1: Well, they might win them games on play it on a Tuesday or Friday, and we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't have night capital all those days. Ah uh.
Speaker 1: But Kenvin Stefanski said after the game that he won't consider quarterback change for Week three. Before the game, Adam Schefter dropped the bomb. The Ravens were planning to draft shaduor Sanders in the fifth round with the one hundred and forty first pick. But before the Ravens could turn the cart in, should Door let it be known to Baltimore that he didn't want to he didn't want to be on the roster with Lamar, where he wouldn't have a chance to play anytime soon. Shador did not want to be drafted by Baltimore and preferred to end up in a place where he might have a better chance to play sooner. The Ravens instead drafted an offensive lineman, Carson Vincent, with one hundred and forty first pick. I'm just go ahead. Schadul was asking about it after the game. My response says, I'm focused on the now. I don't really talk about anything in the past, and whatever happened in the past, it is, that's what it is. I'm more focused on it now. I'm more focused on how the game that we're just gonna have had and figuring out how to move forward from now. You wouldn't even believe my memory don't even go back that far. So, yeah, I don't even remember anything post draft. I remember I'm here, I go to practice every day, and it's a twenty four hour rule.
Speaker 2: It serves no purpose in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, we don't even have that kind of power coming into his draft though, as a player, you saying where you don't want to go, you don't have that kind of power.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't let me tell you something about the Ravens. I don't know should do a situation the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I can only speak to what I know. I know Ozzi, I know DaCosta, and I know the owner Steve Ashatti.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, when t O was supposed to go to the Ravens and he said he didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Go, he said he named Yeah.
Speaker 1: They said, you know what, don't worry about it, boo. The NFL and them, they worked out some type of agreement too.
Speaker 2: Ended up in feeling if he said this, they would have obliged him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I doubt it. Though I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what I would I would like to say more, but unfortunately, I think we should move on from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it serves no I'll leave it at that. It serves no purpose.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it at that. Shout y'all deduce whatever y'all wanted to deduce from it. Bingles Beat the Jaggar thirty one twenty seven. Joe Burrow Joe.
Speaker 3: Wait who who?
Speaker 2: The Bingles beat the Jags?
Speaker 1: Thirty one twenty seven. Joe Burrow is deal told injury that could require surgery. Image of the Burrow left toe injury is being sent to notice foot specialists doctor Robert Anderson uh to be reviewed. According to Adam Sheefter, it's surgery, it's deemed necessary. It is expected to sideline Burrow for approximately three months.
Speaker 4: If the key word was if they sent the photo to the doctor, the doctor ain't no way and hell, he made no goddamn diagnosis this, this, this, that quick.
Speaker 3: He ain't made no diagnosis that quick.
Speaker 2: The doctor like the ex ray.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I don't I don't like.
Speaker 4: The way Adam Scheff and I don't like the way they're reporting stuff and and they they they talk about it could be grade three and he might need surgery. He might be out, he might be out three months. Listen, it could be grade two. Grade two ain't number three. Four weeks and you back out there.
Speaker 3: Great hold on Loo can finished. It could be grade one, and it's day to day with today's technology as advanced it's as technology is, and the treatments and the ways to get players back healthy and getting them back on the field much faster than when we were playing. We don't know.
Speaker 4: And I don't like the fact that when they make these reports they say the worst case scenario.
Speaker 3: It ain't got to be What's what? Why you listen?
Speaker 2: Where you got this? Starting to ask you a question? Ojoe? Who reported this? Adam Schefter? Where you get from, Joe? Yell the chat? Where you get this from? That? It was even his toe? Where did you get this from? O? Joe?
Speaker 3: Hold on, wait, wait wait wait, let me let me before you before you go on. Can I say something real quick?
Speaker 4: When I saw Joe sit up on the sideline right, I mean on the field, when he turned over and the doctors came out and he got up, I knew his toe was hurt.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you why?
Speaker 4: When he got up to walk off, instead of walking normal, he was walking his left foot on his heel. So we didn't put no pressure on his to I say, you know what, man, he meet and mess no, no, no, because if it was arts, you wouldn't putt no pressure on the back of the hill.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm trying to say. When you walk like that, you don't let you push at the bottom. You don't let your toe your bottom.
Speaker 4: I said, God, damn, you know dislocated or jam? This told when he got tackled, he was he was facing front down right. Whoever let whatever lineman landed on him in the back, Jim the guy damn touring the goddamn ground.
Speaker 3: So I just I just.
Speaker 4: Don't like if you're gonna report something at least, so let me ask.
Speaker 1: You this, How did Adam Cheff to know they were sending it to not the foot special Robert Anderson?
Speaker 3: What I mean, obviously they let him know that, So what else did they know?
Speaker 2: What else did so they let him know that.
Speaker 3: No, listen, they did not know. They did not.
Speaker 4: There's no way that doctor, that foot specialist, gave him a diagnosis and god damn five six hours oo.
Speaker 2: No, but their doctors did.
Speaker 1: And that's why they send it to noted Robert Anderson for a second opinion.
Speaker 3: Second opinion. But I wait, let me let me finish, man, Let me let me text Joe, Let me text Burrow, Let me text Burrow. Listen, I can get it right from the horse's mouth. Hold on, let me do.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, Oh, Joe, is that Look my brother had that injury, and he had and look, I'm gonna tell you some guys that had that injury as time time had that injury in time. I've said he was never the same. Jonathan Ogden had that injury. He retired. Jack Youngblood had that injury. He retired. My brother had that injury. He shot that toe up every week. He ended up having to put a steel plate in there so wouldn't be in the toe, wouldn't be because you been as much.
Speaker 2: And he ended up.
Speaker 1: Having surgery after the season. And it was about three it was about three or four months.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, hold on, I'm texting Borough right now, and he gonna answer me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna answer me. But I see this. That's worst case scenario.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me, with what you're saying, what you're talking about, this is worst case scenario. And we talked about a quarterback. Were talking about a quarterback that is he he's somewhat of a dual threat. He has great, great pocket presence, he has great escapability. He's not Lamar Jackson, not Josh Allen, but he moved around the pocket. Now, I also want to know, and I want to add that Joe holds onto the ball too long.
Speaker 3: You got to know when the journey's over.
Speaker 4: I have to know when the journeys over, especially in that case, in that play right there, nobody's open. You know it's okay to go down it's okay to take that sack and live to see another down.
Speaker 1: It's hard because he wants to make he wants to make a play, Ojo.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: I know he wants to make a play. But again, now we're back on the table getting.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be oo. He gonna be injured. You resigned to that fact, Ojo. He's gonna be injured, Ojo. Every other year, he's gonna be injured. It's football. It's football. The game of football is a violent sport. Injuries happen.
Speaker 3: It's part. It's a part of the game.
Speaker 4: What you want to do is you want to minimize us the best way you can, the best way you can.
Speaker 3: And I would love for Joe to.
Speaker 4: Say, you know what, ain't nothing out there right now, I'm gonna go down. I'm gonna take this sack, live the player.
Speaker 3: Let's get back.
Speaker 1: To Oh Joe, I agree with you. I totally agree. But here's the thing with a quarterback. What does the quarterback do he dropped back? What else do you have to do? Shift this motion? And so when you start messing with that foot, now you start messing with your mechanics. Yeah, and the one thing you don't want to do is mess with those mechanics, because the one thing with quarterbacks try to try to prevent and stay out of.
Speaker 2: Is developing bad habits.
Speaker 1: And when you start having injury, then you guess what you do, Oh Joe, you develop bad habits.
Speaker 3: The bad habit to compensate for that area where it was hurt. I knew it's.
Speaker 1: Exactly I'm not. I'm not saying. I think you look at it like, Okay, how serious is the turf toe? They seem to think it's very serious. Now they probably X rayed. Okay, now they'll probably go get an them R. They'll send those images. They probably got most teams, most teams now stadiums are equipped with imaging.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we've got that. We got it right there.
Speaker 2: Right, guess what right there is?
Speaker 1: They said he got doctor doctor Anderson. I think, if I'm not mistaken, he's in Charlotte. If I'm not mistaken, he's in Charlotte. Right, he's in Charlotte, or is he he might be the team doctor for the Giants.
Speaker 2: I think he's in Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But anyway, listen, worst case scenario, I'm I'm optimistic.
Speaker 3: I'm optimistic. And let's say let's say let's say Joe.
Speaker 4: If anything, worst case scenario, not worst case, best case scenario, Joe missus three four weeks.
Speaker 3: I say, you come back Steelers October fifteen.
Speaker 1: Well, you said if he misses three or four weeks, he's not having the surgery.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that great. Listen.
Speaker 4: Worst case scenario is grade three. I need surgery. I'm out three months. But I don't have no problem with Browning coming in as my starter. I have no problem with that, Brownie. What can you do for us the next five weeks? Can you get us three? Can you get us the three and two? Can you get us the four and one? Make sure we're still in the hunt. Make sure we're still winning. Charlotte, Listen, you got all the talent around you. You got, you got all the pieces you need.
Speaker 1: That's what that's that's that's why I'm just talking about the turn toe. My brother had that turnte injury. If you uh that game, that his first playoff game. He ended up catching three touchdowns against Detroit at that turnte That's why he was running like he was running like he had a club foot. But all he did was shoot the toe up every week, and he went and played. Now you know, I don't know if they do that anymore, O Joe. Back then, that's what we did. That's what I did. And if I showed the injury, I'm shooting it up. Ain'tkle injury. I'm shooting it up. I'm playing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be all right, guys.
Speaker 2: Guys know that.
Speaker 1: Because I had a conversation with it. Emmy little that said, boy, you crazy. He said nah. He like, nah, sharp, I ain't. I don't do them needles. I said, brother, you're a seven round draft pick. If i'd have got first round money, I might have thought long and hard about doing the needle. But severn round draft pick. Hey, hey, were you were your first couple of years, you only made one hundred and thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah you hey, let me let me see it.
Speaker 3: Let me see a Joe checks.
Speaker 1: But y'all, I'm just I'm just trying to point out some guys that have had that Church toe injury. Jonathan Ogden, he was never the same. Jack Youngblood, just kid me. Let me tell me. Jack Lambert had that same injury. He ended up retiring time time will tell you he was never the same.
Speaker 5: Yea, he was, he was Charles Wilson, Charles Wolson had it too, had it he was?
Speaker 1: He was never he was never the same after that injury my brother had, like I said, he shot it up and he played. But it's gonna be very very interesting to see how that thing, how what plays out.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: Manam tripping. Man, you got me texting this. Man, it's twelve thirty at night in Cincinnati. I forgot. I'm way in Vegas. Man, I'm tripping.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: We got Brown in that quarterback back and.
Speaker 2: Jake Brown and keep it can break Jake Brown and keep the Bengals afloat. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonnaell you how you're gonna keephim flat right here? Watch this, I'm gonna tell you how. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: You can hear me, you, Hey, y'all can see me.
Speaker 4: Brownie gonna come to the line like this, right, come boom, say if you're gonna drop down in the boxer, Chase Brown, baller right now, Chase Brown balling right, Chack.
Speaker 3: Gonna come out? Alert alert alert check.
Speaker 4: Check nigga, they got they got goddamn chasing to you against man and man bump and run.
Speaker 3: Hey, BROWNI gonna hit his hip like this. That means god, touchdown. Were good?
Speaker 2: We good?
Speaker 3: Were good.
Speaker 4: When you hey, listen, when you have when you have them kind of weapons around you. At times, it doesn't matter who's at the quarterback position. But Browning is capable of running the offense. We saw what he did when he came in last time. Burrow was hurt, but he was like he was out that dishing dealer. He was at that dishing dealer. And I'm talking like a like a like a Vegas like a Vegas car dealer.
Speaker 3: That's what he gonna do. I'm telling you, we good. Were good.
Speaker 2: Social media was not kind to Brian Thomas Jr. Day. They said he looked disinterested.
Speaker 1: One week after catching one fans on seven targets, Thomas had four catches on the team high twelve targets. Had a big drop on fourth down late in the fourth quarter. Oh Joe, I didn't get an opportunity to see this game. I was kind of going back, I think in the box, and so you know, I was kind of like all over the place. I'm trying to really focus on Dallas and I'm trying to focus on you know, you know what I'm saying, O Joe, no doubt who's playing in that early that early window. That was okay, So what you think of Talk to me now.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's one of It's one of those games. It's one of those games. I want, I need to touch the ball, get me involved in the game. Brian Thomas Jr. Extreme success last year as a rookie.
Speaker 3: One of those games. He wasn't getting the target necessary. He felt like he wasn't being part of the game.
Speaker 4: That frustration, that anger and a ladd gets in the way, or when the ball does come your way, you get upset.
Speaker 1: Unk.
Speaker 4: It's happened to me before too. Uncle, you be wanting the ball, you get angry on the sideline saying thing with Kelsey. Today you saw Kelsey say I'm tired of this ship. And then when the balls came your way, you ain't ready drop them. You're angry, your mind, your mind ain't clear. That's what happened. That's what happened to be T today. That's what happened to be T today. Young bull. I know you're gonna see this lock back in and when the opportunities come, you make the most of them.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have games like this.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have games like this where the team is saying number seven ain't beating us.
Speaker 3: You not you not beating us, were not letting you get the ball.
Speaker 4: So when the opportunity do come, you got to make the most up, young bull. You're gonna have games like this. I know it's frustrating. I know you want to be a part of the offense. You're gonna have games like this. Get back to the drawing board. Lock in next week. Well, Trevor, gonna get to the ball. Don't worry about it. It's gonna happen. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I hate games like that, though, un I hate it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joey, And it happens that very way. You complain for the ball, and when they gave you the ball, the ball beat you up.
Speaker 3: Beat you right up, hey, like you never caught, like you never caught the ball.
Speaker 1: Today you're like boys so hard man. Hey, we've been there, We've been there. That's what always. I just kept my mind shut.
Speaker 3: Got I looved mm hmm. Did you see our defense today?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw that Trey Henderson like what first at Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Put the nail in the coffine. But the defense in general played well today. They weren't phenomenal, they weren't great. They were exactly what I said we need to be throughout the season.
Speaker 2: Just good what it had to.
Speaker 1: Be because your guys were you know, Brownie threw three picks, so they had the defense had to bow them back because he was turning the ball over Leftard, he was turning the ball over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna fix that. We're gonna fix that. You know what, We're gonna fix it.
Speaker 4: Listen, he don't get so many reps in practice. He only gets so many ughs in practice.
Speaker 3: The rep you do get is to prepare you for game situations.
Speaker 4: Like this, in case bur gets hurt. Boom, you're throwing picks. Okay, you know what I gotta get. I gotta I gotta get aclimated to game speed. I gotta get acclimated to tempo of the game, being back in the offense, getting in the swing of things.
Speaker 3: It's different. One thing is one thing to do it in practice, it's a different thing to do it in the game. I got my feet wet. Okay boom.
Speaker 4: Now next week I'm gonna dive in. I'm ready to get wet. I'm ready to get wet.
Speaker 3: Let's go. We got this.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you Joe gonna be back in four weeks, if anything, maybe five when we play the Jets of the Steelers.
Speaker 3: He'll be back then. Brian ay gonna get us about four and one, four on one of three and two.
Speaker 2: So at worst, calls for concern for Brian Thomas Jr. Not a soud boy slap. Oh no, oh no, he good, he good, he good.
Speaker 3: That's that boy. Now listen, understand his DNA, understand.
Speaker 4: His makeup, his skill set, the Jaguars, understand what they have and seth He good, he good, And he's an LSU tiger.
Speaker 2: You know he good? Hell?
Speaker 3: Malie Naples mad last week the same way, the.
Speaker 2: Same way, yeah.
Speaker 3: The same way.
Speaker 2: He was pissed.
Speaker 3: Look what he did today? One bad game?
Speaker 2: That m you good.
Speaker 1: There was a lot made of Trevor Lawrence's exchange with Liam Cohen. It was like it seemed like col would say, hit him in the chests at Lark right.
Speaker 2: That would have looked like I don't know, like I said I tried.
Speaker 1: I really try not to read lipso choke because I don't want to be I don't want to be wrong.
Speaker 2: But I did. I did see Trevor Lawrence do this, and I know what that means.
Speaker 3: Right right, come on with that.
Speaker 1: Either shut up, believe me a lord, I ain't paying you know, tention either one stop it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh dang? Hey, who the who the Bangals play are next week?
Speaker 2: On? Ask who they play next week? Play the Vikes in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we're finna wash them. Well, we're finna washed them.
Speaker 4: We're finla watch well, we're finna washed the Vikings, especially after the day expect with the way our defense is playing.
Speaker 3: Justin Jefferson, I know you're gonna see this boy.
Speaker 4: You ain't catching Nothaniel every playing in Minnesota, Every playing in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chase had himself a day fourteen for a buck sixty five in a tub on sixteen targets.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, come on.
Speaker 4: Now, you gotta feed the beast. We talking about the greatest bangling franchise here. Yeah, it don't matter who the quarterback is. That's why I say we're gonna be all right. T Higgins was cutting up to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a little while. I don't know what it was. He look, I don't know what they were doing. So y'all, y'all just gonna let y'all just gonna let Chase just catch all the ball T like if y'all.
Speaker 2: Double it, they throw me the ball?
Speaker 3: Hold on, how you gonna stop it?
Speaker 4: Because they put Chase all over the place. Oh you want to double chase wherever you go? Well, T gonna Okay, I take my chance with T. Which one wasn't a triple crown?
Speaker 1: Which one is this thought of as the best receiving in football. Okay, let me take him away.
Speaker 4: A nickel, ain't too far behind T? Too far behind? TI can do some nice stuff too. Man, Well, we ain't gonna do that. We ain't gonna downplay once.
Speaker 2: Stop it. Hey, T Higgin is phenomenal. He ain't one. Yeah, one and one has got a chance to be an all time great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm okay, I understand what you hey, I understand what you see.
Speaker 1: That's what he's not gonna do. Take him away, Okay, make T Higgins. I'm gonna make T. I'm not saying T can't, but I want to see it for a game with two. I know what Chase can do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know what ticket do. I'm telling you what he could do. I didn't see any with my own side. He gonna top you every time.
Speaker 1: So in other words, he's the equivalent. So another words, what you're telling me is that I didn't Yes, you did.
Speaker 3: No, I did not.
Speaker 2: I said I know what Chase can do. So you said T. Higgins can do what Chase can do. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, they two completely different skill sets.
Speaker 1: Come on, now his skill set is it the equivalent and his own skill set?
Speaker 2: Is he the equivalent of T Higgins? I mean of Chase? That's my point.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a guy that won the triple crown away enforced the No matter what you say, Higgins is the B side, just like Canelo last night was the A side and Bud was the B side.
Speaker 2: Higgins is the B side to Chase.
Speaker 4: No, receive it one A and receive a one B period and you know what we're gonna show you. I like what you're saying because you know, I'm a little nervous to him. You know what, let me let me I'm a little nervous. I'm gonna tell you why I'm nervous. I'm gonna tell you why I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: What's you're nervous about?
Speaker 4: Because we were planning the Viking Wait, I I know I didn't think about it. We plan against Brian Flore's defense, and you know what Brian floor is do. Hey, Brian Flores has all these exotic defenses, stunts, blitzes, people coming from everywhere and can it can be somewhat overwhelming and confusing for a quarterback that's.
Speaker 3: Not used to seeing it. Brother Browning has to deal with that.
Speaker 4: If I'm Zach Taylor, I want to put Brother Browning and I gotta stand up because I'm excited.
Speaker 3: If I'm back Zach, I'm Zach Taylor.
Speaker 4: I need to put Brother Browning in a in a great situation and getting him in rhythm.
Speaker 2: You gotta run the ball.
Speaker 4: With the run the ball, get Chase brown on, get Chase brown going. Once we get Chase going, Chase brown going, then we could go.
Speaker 3: To the passing game. A little small stuff under slants, quick throws, get Browning and rhythm.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 3: If if we get the if we get the we get the run game going, then we hit him with the play action like this.
Speaker 6: Boom Chase t Well, we talk about Mitchell, but and you seen Mitchell Tinsley. You saw Mitchell Tinsley one hand catching the ends all to day the highlight.
Speaker 3: Stop playing with the rookie. Man. Man, we're gonna we're gonna be all right. I'm telling you. I'm telling you man, we might sco we might put thirty five on the bikers.
Speaker 2: Man. Okay, stop playing what all right? Hey I was here.
Speaker 1: But another words. T Higgins is the A side along with Chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been that.
Speaker 4: I told you that. I told it a long time ago. There are very few teams in the NFL that have two number one receivers. The Bangles are one of them. The Eagles might be another team.
Speaker 2: I think Higgins is phenomenal, but he not the A side.
Speaker 4: Give me another team to have two number one. Give me another team, got to no more receivers?
Speaker 1: Come on that, don't do it. I guess you could say you can say Miami with Wadle in Tyreek. Okay, you could say you can say the Rams with pooking the cool and and and and Davante and.
Speaker 3: Cooking the night. Baby, you cooking the night.
Speaker 2: You're cooking cowboys. You want to say pickings and I like it. Yeah, it's a bull. Yes here