Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, Rory, we are back for another fun episode of Don't Know Ball because we absolutely do not know ball now whatsoever. And today we are joined by a friend of the show, w NBA World Champion and somebody who I think is going to have a great career in podcasting when she decides to hang the shoes up for good.
Speaker 3: Lexi Browny welcome, Thank you. Well, I have to ask you a question. So, but how does this start with asking?
Speaker 2: Is here? No, I see you everybody.
Speaker 3: What I'm about to ask you has to do with Lexi. Okay, So I want to say maybe two years ago I went to one of Lexi's games. Yep, I brought Reason as my plus one.
Speaker 2: Reese, Okay, shout out for Reason.
Speaker 3: We sat courts out of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got to come on.
Speaker 3: After the game, I went with Lexi to highlight room with her teammates. They had a section shut down the whole club. Am I a basketball groupie? If I drank out of their bottles?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, in a nasty I was with the squad drinking off the bottles in the corner.
Speaker 3: They had highlight rooms shut down. I was like, I mean, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Free groopy, my first groupie.
Speaker 3: I stayed after the game.
Speaker 2: Oh you are nasty. He was in the family room like you want to go eat?
Speaker 3: No, No, LEXI put me in the side check session, treated like a groupie.
Speaker 1: I brought, made fun of him for coming to the game. I remember that episode.
Speaker 2: I kidding me, you have to No. No, I had two tickets, but it was more so because one he didn't take me and you didn't invite me. I had that on the whole situation. I was and I've never been. Actually i've been to I've been to two w NBA games. I've been the two games, but I've never been to a Sparks game.
Speaker 1: So I was kind of, don't go, don't start now.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you're not there, no more so we're not You're not You're not allowed Seattle or nothing.
Speaker 3: The Sparks. We don't even have a lighter in here. You don't want to see a flame anyway.
Speaker 2: It's Seattle, Spark, Starbucks, it's you know, the fish market. That's what we already.
Speaker 3: Maclamore deserves that exactly as far as I'm concerned. Only on that Seattle show.
Speaker 2: So, Lexi, you came in early and we were talking about you know, just women hooping with guys. And you said that you recently played in the little pickup game just to kind of see where your win was at, and you decided like not even halfway through, like Okay, I can't do this because the guys were just absolutely terrible. Yeah, how often does that happen?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't play pick up with guys often anymore, unless it's like an organized run, which again I don't. I don't do those. I do a lot of like two on two, three on three, one on one in my workouts, like guys that come in and train with me and rebounding stuff just to like get game reps in. But yeah, that game my trainer, Like, I guess these random groups of older guys just come in that night time and play just for fun. So I was like, I was nervous going into my athletes's a limited season because I hadn't played a real game since June of last year. So I was like, because we tried on a half court, so I was like, let me see what my win looks like just in a full court just pushits and gigs, and it was a lot of just nonsense. So did get to the point where, like I would score a few points and then like they would stop giving me the ball, like okay, like.
Speaker 2: I'm the pro.
Speaker 1: This is about me right now, It's not about y'all. I know, I jumped into y'all's pickup game. Y'all probably who is this? And then always when I start playing, like they look at me and they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that has to be fun though, because the w NBA, unless, like you know, you're one of the faces of the league, You're one of the five faces of the w NBA, it has to be kind of fun walking into like an open gym LA fitness with all the guys, I don't say as a former, as a real athlete, a real basketball player, and walking into the gym and guys don't know, they just they hold this girl just trying to get a work out and kind of sweat whatever whatever, Like does she know what the travel is? Meanwhile, you're a world champion basketball player and you just go in there and just start toasting everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely like put on my extra girly behavior when I go. If I do happen like this.
Speaker 3: One thing, what you're doing, it's a whole TikTok series. We need to start hustling.
Speaker 1: I know though I've thought about it, thought about it, especially in a shooting contest like maybe pick up one on one. Guys probably could beat me because just physicality. I'm not going to argue that I would still have to be a guy that can really play it. Yeah, but like shooting, no chance, never happening. You're no, not many people are going to out shoot me over.
Speaker 2: That's all your challenge? Are you staring at me while you're saying.
Speaker 4: That it's not a challenge?
Speaker 3: Who challenging? She's not going to be challenging.
Speaker 1: I'm the best shooter. I don't know shoot me. And I was like you talking to me, no, no, because you was.
Speaker 2: Absolute too. But she was like Lexie was stayed at me like not happening, And I'm like, I didn't say anything, number one, but if you called me out, let's go out there and do make some happen.
Speaker 1: Go find a hoop?
Speaker 2: You loving food now, I don't want I don't want no problems with X. I don't want no problems. So lex in the w NBA, in the locker room, I'm sure as far as pre game, you know, it's it's kind of similar to some of the guys as far as like, you know, the routine getting ready mentally preparing for a game. Because sports are sports, what is the mood like in the locker room with women? Like what are y'all listening to? Like what is the vibe in the women's locker room?
Speaker 1: It really depends on the people on the team. So, like my first season with the Sparks, so then I'll just say, like my most recent experiences, we had like a few more older players, so we like having like R and B Nekaumakay She's Nigerian, so it was like a lot of afrobeats like that, so like it was good vibes. And then this past year we had a whole bunch of little babies, so we were listening to Sexy Red and Gunna, which I love them, but like for me, I am like very R and B chill vibes for a pre game, So I would just put my headphones on. But you got to get to the arena like three hours early, so like everybody has like their time slots to do their things, so everybody kind of is like doing their own thing. I personally hate that I don't need three hours to get ready for a game.
Speaker 2: And no matter who you playing.
Speaker 1: No, like even in athletes unlimited, Like I was getting to the gym maybe hour hour fifteen before the game, like getting getting my mind right, get some shots up, and I'm ready to go. For me, the less I think, the better I play. I'm gonna go over the scout I'm I'm gonna know the scouting report. I know all these players like the back of my hand because I'm like truly a student. But like getting to the arena at like four point thirty, I hate it. Okay, we're on the court for like two hours before the game. Yeah, Like and then you're like in a full sweat, whole work out before the game, which is amazing, especially for me earlier in my crew when I was not playing. Okay, when you start playing though those two hour warm ups.
Speaker 2: You're like it kind of like takes the moment like we just play already, Yeah, I feel you.
Speaker 3: Okay, When when does it get the fit off photo happen? Is that before?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Hours always laugh at all athletes that do that. You know that they're wearing a fit to go change immediately. You know, it's funny going through a tunnel with your fit park.
Speaker 1: You're going through a parking garage the loading dock with your best clothes on, and you're going home after the game. Usually, like for me, especially in LA, like if I have a really cute outfit on, I'm probably going to go do something get But like this season, I don't know, because my new teammates in Seattle, they be like putting on like really nice outfits for games. I'm trying to decide, like what my energy is going to be this season, Like I kind of feel like I want to just show up, like I'm about to go play basketball, Like I don't know if I'm gonna be in this tunnel fit conversation anyway. Yeah, and they'd be like Skyler Necka Gabby, like they have some really nice outfits. I remember seeing them last season. I don't know, this might be my vibes.
Speaker 2: I want to say, like I think that's kind of dope though, to do like just the sweats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, I don't really have.
Speaker 2: I think Asia had did that a few times.
Speaker 1: She looked started dropping like forty on people.
Speaker 2: I like that because I'm the best player in the league. I don't care like I'm coming in here with flip flops. T shirt and some shorts and I'm getting right to the business. I like that type.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe certain games, like if we have like a tea nationally televised game, maybe I'll put a cute outfit on. But I really don't think I'm going to go to Seattle and be like super focused on total fits.
Speaker 2: I really want to know what might be fire. Seattle a lot of rain. You can get a lot of raincoats off.
Speaker 1: Rain coats in the summer.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, I'm sure it rings.
Speaker 1: And it's not. Have you guys been to Seattle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Seattle.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite places.
Speaker 2: I've heard so much. Like we went a couple of years ago to Seattle. And it's funny when we go to different cities, like we sometimes hang out, but then most of the days that if we're there on the ground, like maybe two days, we do like a lot of different things. And then like when we finally meet before the show, me and Rory, we start talking about like what we did. And in Seattle, we were sitting in the group chat like yo, I love this city, Like this is a dope city, like we've heard like, oh it's depressing, the weather, it's gloomy old year. I was like, I don't care. This is my vibet. Like I literally walked around Seattle like a true tourist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's going to be fun too because we're the only basketball professional basketball team there and then they have the Seahawks obviously, but they're not in season. But like when we're playing, like we have the Rams, the Chargers, the Clippers, the Lakers. Now UCLA and USC girls are really good, so like we're kind of like we've been like the bottom of the totem pole for years, so I was excited to like kind of get the sparks back like the top of that totem pole. But now I'm in Seattle and.
Speaker 2: Seattle, have you had a chance to connect with superb.
Speaker 1: Actually is the person that got me my podcast? Really he reached out to me. Yeah. So deep Blue is her?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she has her podcast with her wife, yep, and they do it under the Deep Blue umbrella, which is with iHeart. So my teammate Jordan Canada, old teammate played in Seattle with Sue. So one day she texted me and was like, super Bird asked for your number. I don't know why, and I was like, oh, I thought it was about some basketball. Thanks me. Would you be interested in doing a women's basketball podcast? I think you would be perfect for it, And like that's how that started. That was a year ago, a little bit over a year ago. So yeah, she's been awesome. And you know the fact that someone like Sue Bird recognized my voice and presence in the league despite the ups and downs of it, like they like meant the world to me, Like it was amazing. I'm like, I got super Bird's the number my phone now.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's sup Bird. When you talk about just basketball, she's basketball royalty, Like every level she dominated, Yeah, the game. So that's kind of dope to connect with that, especially being in Seattle. Seattle legend she is. So you went to high school in Atlanta. Yeah, what was your musical influence, Like, what were some of your earliest memories of like your favorite artists in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: In Atlanta, I mean Future Obviously the high school I went to was predominantly Caucasian, so I was around a lot of white people.
Speaker 3: We love Future, right, Roy.
Speaker 1: I feel like you don't count though, with these white people that I was living in Atlanta, Like it was like it was like country suburban, wealthy white people like they were awesome.
Speaker 3: They were I'm glad you don't think of me as a wealthy white man. I really appreciate that. The worst backhanded You're not like one of the elites.
Speaker 1: The country suburban? Are you a country or suburban? I'm not okay then, but my wealthy Oh my gosh, it was a question my music, yeah, future, I mean, I know Drake's not from Atlanta, but artist that was like the first you need to check tenth grade. I remember listening to Find Your Love? Is that the song? It was on the radio like all It's time, and I remember that was the first song with Drake I ever heard.
Speaker 2: God Damn making Me feel old and I Love Your Love by Drake was the first Drake song you heard.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I've been a super fan ever since. You know, crazy I was fifteen.
Speaker 3: I get it with age difference, Yeah, I can see that being the first one. Man I'm old, No best I ever had or anything that was Damn. Find Your Love was the first album.
Speaker 1: Right, that was Yeah, that was like his first like mainstream song, I want to say, And then I went on my little Drake deep Dive and I've been like a super fan ever since.
Speaker 3: What were your parents listening to at that time?
Speaker 1: A lot of Christian music. My mom, it's funny, she likes like the the white people Christian music. She doesn't really like gossipgh school. Yeah, so my mom is mixed, so she's half white. My twenty five percent comes out from time to time. I listened to a lot of Backstreet Boys and Sync. My dad likes, you know, older R and B music. My mom loves Luther Van Draws. So we have like a very different type of like.
Speaker 2: The word I founded music in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Who are some of your teammates that you absolutely love their musical taste? Like you would absolutely let them control the music.
Speaker 1: And the lot for me personally, because my taste of music is so all over the place. Nobody like you don't want none of your Like like I said, I like I have a Drake song, then Future will come on, then Justin Zerlate will come on, and like Britney Speers will come on. Okay, so it's like all over the place. Yeah, And I've kind of like stopped listening to a lot of rap music lately because it doesn't like make me happy, like the energy of rap music for me, just in the time of my life that I'm in right now, it doesn't align.
Speaker 2: Is you more R and B right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And pop?
Speaker 2: That's funny because I was watching I was watching the Jordan documentary Last Dance. I watched that probably like every other month just to just to watch it. That was so much fun incredible documentary. And it's always funny to me when I think they were in Utah up in the finals and Jordan is getting on the bus and he's walking through the tunnel and he had his headphones on it. He's like jamming right, So I'm laughing because we already know what he's listening to. But the first time watching it, I remember when somebody asked him, like, yo, Mike, what you're listening to? He's like Kenny Lattimore, Mike, Ain't nobody ever bought their head that hard to Kenny Lattimer. But this is straight R and B music.
Speaker 3: I don't know what song from Kenny makes you.
Speaker 2: He was doing this and like playing the air drums, and I'm like, Kenny Latimore doesn't have any music like that. But it's just funny that the most dominant player in the world is listening to like smooth R and B on his way to like the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to chill out, you need to calm down, like getting too high. I'm just not a super hyphe person anyway, So that music like it's funnel listen to it's fun of like Gus locker room before the game is you do need to get like a little bit of energy. But as far as like locking in and getting my mind right for a game, I need R and B or have something happy, like I don't need all that cussing.
Speaker 3: And not try to.
Speaker 4: Drill on the courtland Nah sexy drill, cool sexy drill, cashco band.
Speaker 1: M hmm, okay, love me some cash bang. But even his lyrics are a little like okay, it's a little it gets a little aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tune out the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Just listen to the music. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When your dad was in the league, did you like hang in the locker room at all? Or it was family completely?
Speaker 1: I mean I was so little. Yeah, I don't think I didn't spend much time with him, like in the locker room and behind like we had the family room. But I was with my mom and my siblings.
Speaker 2: I'm so fucking old though. I had a post of your dad on my wall. Love that. Like I think I got the poster basketball rupe too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but you and I for the Browns.
Speaker 2: But I think that I think the poster was the you know, the dunk contest when he won.
Speaker 3: The reblock pump moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it didn't the post didn't come come with rebox. I think I got that poster with like some Jordan. They gave me that postage.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: It didn't make sense, but I was happy to have it. But just you saying that I'm like shit, like I'm old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was like a baby when he was in Boston, so I don't even remember him playing in Boston. The only time I remember him playing was in Orlando at the very end of his career. I was a little bit older. So yeah, I got to like go to their practices. They had like little dance camps with the magic. I wanted to be a magic I saw I was gonna be a magic dancer. Really, I still want to be a dance like deep down, Like I took a dance class when I was in Nashville hip hop class and it was so.
Speaker 2: Much fun hop dance class in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like with my white friend named Joy. Yes, we went to hip hop class together and it was to.
Speaker 3: These terms like urban during it.
Speaker 1: No, the strugler was black, so it was a black guy and he was like he was really cool. But the way it was so funny being in the dance class because the way he was like talking to everybody was like a coach. He was like locking, like don't do this. He was like yelling at us.
Speaker 2: I was on this two step okay.
Speaker 1: Like he was like barking at us. And then he was like just field of music, don't dance and then people were moving. He's like what I say? I said don't dance, And I was like, okay, this is the beginner class.
Speaker 2: This is the beginning.
Speaker 1: It was in the beginner class. I'm a video of it on TikTok if anybody wants to go look at it.
Speaker 2: Videos of you dancing and class. Oh my god, I have to get it.
Speaker 1: It was to Travis Porterner, so natural bring it back. Bringing it back naturally would.
Speaker 3: Be Travis, Yeah, have you a dance podcasting? Or is it going to be dancing. I don't know the retirement plan.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm like podcast side quest queen right now.
Speaker 2: Actually you might be maybe teach a dance class.
Speaker 1: I know I can't do that. I can't do that. I can dance, okay, I can't.
Speaker 2: You at the club with them, like were they you vib with the w n B A players day.
Speaker 3: They were standing on the chairs, man going on. But it was like inappropriate work, like like a friendly fun twerk.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like that in l A. They don't get rowdy like that in l A. Not a highlight room.
Speaker 2: Well, no girls in the highlight room. I've seen some girls dance in highlight room because christ.
Speaker 1: R and B Wednesdays. I know it wasn't then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was. Yeah, that's the only time I've ever been to highlight I love.
Speaker 1: I'm going to miss that in the summer.
Speaker 2: They're moving it though, they're moving it to I think Shawnson didn't moving it to Zuke. It's another club opening up. Really, they're moving it. The last the last highlight room party was I think last week, and then they'll be doing a highlight room in Zuke.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So it's still the party is still going to be around.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. I'm not gonna feel as bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, an Era, I left out a part of that story. After the game, I took her to some ratchet hookahs.
Speaker 1: But you sure did that?
Speaker 3: No, No, that that would have been like compared to what the we went reason like my people, my people throwing a little something that is who spot and he was talking about his people from Carson like it was a hole in the wall, like it was the hood in there, and here I am with two women, like you know, we could leave, don't worry.
Speaker 1: I was like, can we go to highlight room please? I didn't even want to go, like.
Speaker 3: Rory has been a highlight ro one one thousands, and it wasn't because it wasn't Wednesday, right, I don't remember. I think it was like regular night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I lasted maybe thirty minutes. Yeah, Ory was out of there and she stayed. You stayed till like four am.
Speaker 1: I stayed.
Speaker 3: You was in the mix.
Speaker 1: I tell you when we because it was so funny. My teammate or not my teammate, my friend came out with us on Sunday. It was like our wrap party for Athletes Unlimited. So like the season's over, right, everyone's been like playing for five straight weeks, stressed out, everyone's tired, blah blah blah blah. So this was like kind of everyone's like let loose moment. So like we was going crazy and she's like, it's literally Sunday. Are you guys insane? I'm like, we don't pay attention to the days of the week. Do we have an off day the next day? Yeah, we're going out or we're doing something, Like we don't care what day of the week it is. We got to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Is it less strict in the league than it probably was at Duke? Oh for sure, I feel like more strict than we had a time.
Speaker 1: I had a great time at Duke and Durham, Like we had so much fun. My teammates and I. We were always out doing something. They weren't super strict at Duke, but like obviously like everyone is watching. But Duke is such a small school, so there was only one bar that everybody went to. It was eating and up. It's called Shooters naturally, it's like in this big bar, so like that's where everybody was at Wednesdays and Saturdays, and if you weren't at shooters, you were at home.
Speaker 2: Coach Coach K lives on. I heard he lives on like in like the woods near campus. Like he has this crazy house in the woods.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Coach K's house, but I could believe that there's some mansion in the durham Ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he has like a it's like in the forest, has this crazy I think Dante Jones was telling me that a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Like I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe razy house in the forest, like I believe it in trees. And then you just see Coach K's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like this big trail like in the back of Duke. The boys team used to have to like run some of their conditioning tests back there. They're like this big mile, Like.
Speaker 3: Zion needs to go back.
Speaker 4: I don't believe he's he's he looks he looks a lot healthier. He does look he looks better now, Yeah, he does.
Speaker 1: Were you weird?
Speaker 3: Were you there at the same time as I left?
Speaker 1: When they got there they got got there.
Speaker 3: Did you have much interaction with Coach K at all?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, he was always in the weight room so I always used to see him around the gym, very nice. He was really cool. We shared it. He scared me at first, but like, so we have the big facility, the practice facility, so we shared the weight room with the men's team. We shared the courts, and then we shared the training room. But like obviously we had different practice times, but we would like our locker rooms were like right next to each other, so like we would see them and all the coaches, like all the time.
Speaker 2: Have you ever thought about uh any doing anything music related after you're done playing sports.
Speaker 1: I want to learn how to DJ. Really, yes, I just love music. I love the process of making a song. It's been so interesting to me. I watched those videos on YouTube with the producers when they break down how they created a beat. I love those videos, but I have no idea what any I don't know what any of them are talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean with AI now, you can just tell it what you want.
Speaker 1: I would love to learn how to be a producer, and I want to rap on a song, but someone would have to write a rap for me.
Speaker 2: Chat GVT. Yeah, Eli Jello just did it, like you couldn't do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Were you a fan? Of that song.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I just wanted to do Were you a fan of the song? Yes?
Speaker 1: I loved it?
Speaker 2: No you did, Lex, Don't.
Speaker 3: You need to accept that we like that.
Speaker 1: I root everything Ball family.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that's that's totally different, because I do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I support you, clearly do not.
Speaker 2: We got to.
Speaker 3: Direct email from the Ball family that it's not coming on.
Speaker 2: When it comes to I just feel like it's certain things. I just feel like it's certain things we just should stay out of. Just stay out of it. I support I think LaVar ball Is. He should have a statue in California. I think the Ball family. I think that what they represent hard work and all of that getting their family to a certain level. Yeah, I think that's great. I salute that when they were doing the sneakers, I thought that was a bold move. I respected the move. I think they just weren't ready for that, you know, that monster of the sneaker industry. But that's okay. I love the fact that they tried it. But now when you start talking about rapping and making music, why they just used.
Speaker 1: A little bit of song, went crazy like that, Like what because anything in the music than I am for me like when things go viral, I try to like deep deep dive into like what's going on. Like that's a sociologist in me. That's what went to school for what is going on in the world that makes this particular moment like go crazy.
Speaker 2: See, I think people what's going on. I think people don't understand of just having a like a viral moment. If we understood exactly how many people just are not engaged in our world and our algorithm on social media, like you would realize that in the grand scheme of the world, that record is not what you think it is just because of what you follow on your social media. It's not that. So I'm just listening to it, like just the music of it, and I'm like, first of all, he's rapping like he's from the South, he's from Chino Hills, California. This sounds like early cash money, Yeah, hot boys. Like so that's why I say chat GBT because to me, it feels like somebody just went to the studio and said, let's try to get as close to hot Boys cash Money era as we possibly can. And I heard it and I'm just like, it just doesn't feel it doesn't feel like an authentic, real song to me at all.
Speaker 1: No, it definitely felt like a viral moment type situation. It worked, but he performed it right.
Speaker 2: Terrible.
Speaker 1: Is it he going to like Coachell or something now too or something festival?
Speaker 3: Let me, but he'll fitting it Rolling Loud for sure with shitty performers.
Speaker 1: I've never been to a Rolling Loud.
Speaker 3: I respect what Rolling Loud has John and like, I would go if we were interviewing people, but it's just too overwhelming of young people on drugs many and I would my social anxiety. I would have a panic attack.
Speaker 2: There's too much.
Speaker 1: At some point I would just be mad all the time. I can't believe people stand that close to other people in the heat outdoors.
Speaker 2: Everybody's on drug the bathroom, yourself, you just let let it happen.
Speaker 1: Disgust nothing, There's nothing about a music festival that is appealing.
Speaker 2: It's it's probably one of the most overrated experiences ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I've heard.
Speaker 3: I mean, some festivals aren't, but that one in particular, I think it's just too overwhelmed. It's I think it's the only excuse that like sixteen year old white kids can take Molly without their parents knowing and use the N word all in one event. Yeah, a couple of everything that they've wanted to do. They can stream with impunity in a long hair and no.
Speaker 1: One will say that seems insane but tweaker.
Speaker 3: This was as of an hour ago. The Billboard has made over six hunder grand and just streaming. It's only been a few weeks. He's gonna recoup that deal.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, and that's what out the performances.
Speaker 1: So now you are you're Jello. What direction are you now going with your music? Are you leaning into this or you're like gonna chiy and make like normal music.
Speaker 3: I think that's normal music.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like, is he gonna try and embody this of course early two thousands era, Like he's just gonna he's just gonna lean into that, Yeah, baggy, Yeah, he gotta lean in right, So you just gotta.
Speaker 2: Malibles Most Wanted. Yeah, it feels like.
Speaker 3: He red had like some parts.
Speaker 1: To sneak and watch that movie.
Speaker 2: My mama, let me watch Most Wanted. Why you couldn't watch that?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things I could have watched growing up. You act like it was a Casino or something I could have watched that I couldn't watch. None of the shows on MTV like Next Room, Raiders.
Speaker 2: That classic show, class Classics.
Speaker 1: Just I just snuck and watched all the shows on MTV.
Speaker 3: And so you were in a really strict household.
Speaker 1: It was like, yes, it was pretty Yeah, it was pretty strict. But it was like I never like needed anything, and then everything that I got like had like an achievement attached to it, So like, oh, you want to go hang out with your friends, you have to have these grades. Oh you want a car, you need to do this. So like I was to get in my car. I got my first car my sophomore year of college. But the only way I got the car was if I finished my senior year was straight a's and I committed to a top twenty five program I respected.
Speaker 3: I got that great and I mean it clearly worked at w NBA.
Speaker 2: So yeah, your strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like they programmed my mind like just my life is just like a never ending checklists and if I do something, then I'm gonna go reward myself.
Speaker 2: So now as an adult, do you like.
Speaker 1: That's what I did this morning? So I finished the athletes Unlimited. I finished top ten and I went and bout a Van Cleef necklace for myself.
Speaker 3: This morning, like this is why I made her pay for the bottle.
Speaker 1: Like that, I like that you got a little tree.
Speaker 3: It's Do you feel like you were pressured into basketball or no?
Speaker 1: Honestly, my dad did not. He was not very impressed by me when I was a kid. He was like, you sure you want.
Speaker 2: To That was more are you sure you are terrible?
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, Dad, I want to just hang out with you and be in the gym with you. And then I got a little older and the work ethic was there and the athleticism wasn't quite there yet. So that's why he created me to be a really good shooter, because he was like, if you grow a little bit, if you don't grow, if you get faster, you don't get faster, you're gonna be able to shoot or you're gonna be fine. Then I ended up leaning out a little bit. I got taller, I have long arms, and the work ethic was already there. So once I got eighth ninth grade, we were like, okay, like this is something I want to do. He coached in the WNBA for a few years, and then that's the first time I was up close and personal with the w and I was like, oh, no, I want to this is what I want to do, Like, this is my dream to be a WNBA player.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite player growing up?
Speaker 1: So he coached the Orlando Miracle, which no longer exists. They had a point guard. Her name was Shannon Johnson, but her nickname was pee Wee, and she was my favorite player growing up. And then Christy Tolliver was my next favorite player. She went to Maryland. She's the reason why I went to Maryland. We were teammates for a year in LA, which was ridiculous, and I was like, yeah, yeah, like the name of my podcast, but yeah, I know a lot of shooters, a lot of point guards are people that I enjoy watching and model my game after.
Speaker 2: Are you a better shooter than your dad?
Speaker 1: Now, yes, I am.
Speaker 2: You said that with Coyle like you didn't even think about it.
Speaker 1: I told you there's not very many people.
Speaker 2: I just said with Your dad is a pro Bowl player too, so it's kind of like, you know, it's like, all right, he got a bad hit, now he got a yeah, because he's a little, you catch him on the tail, and.
Speaker 3: I exactly when was the first time you beat him in one on one?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see to that.
Speaker 1: We played one on one once when I was a little younger and I could have beat him and I missed my layup and I freaked out because I was a kid like and then he went and scoring and we never played again after that.
Speaker 2: Did he have a dunk on you?
Speaker 1: Probably, but probably like fun not like tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Like I do that to tomorrow now with my with my nerve food, you have to she can stand.
Speaker 2: Bill's character.
Speaker 1: To stand so you can dunk on them. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sarious.
Speaker 2: So you had your career high against Phoenix a few years ago. What were you listening to before that game?
Speaker 1: What was I listening to? You know what's crazy? That was right when I was really sick, So I don't know if I was even listening to him. I was like struggling to be prepared for that game, like physically, so the fact that I had the game that I had that at that time, the way I was feeling was insane. So I don't even think I was listening to music. I think I was just trying to like get through really get through the day.
Speaker 3: So the flu game aka hungover now it.
Speaker 1: Was Yeah, and like probably like two weeks after that was when I was out for the season. So battling through, pushing through how to go out on a high note. At least I was like, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Let it go.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know what's going on. I don't know if I'm to be able to play again, so let me at least like play until I physically can't. And that's actually what happened. But in hindsight, that was not a very smart thing to do for me.
Speaker 2: Which one of your teammates can you remember? I know you said you wear your headphones a lot when you're around your teammates, But from what you can remember, who has the worst taste in music?
Speaker 1: They would probably say me, they as amazing as I love, like, as amazing as my playlist is to me. If I were to play in the locker room, they'd be like, turn this ship off.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm going to you have the worst.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say that I'm listening to Backstreet Boys over sexy read anything. So he's not even close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean sexy red definitely in sing I just went to justin Timulate concert a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, so you're more of an in sync girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm also going to go watch the Backstreet Boys in Vegas in their residency. Okay, I'm in there.
Speaker 3: Something tells me your your favorite JT album is The Man in the Woods Ones?
Speaker 1: Was that his most recent one?
Speaker 3: That whatever? That whatever? The worst one was for suburban, white, wealthy people.
Speaker 1: That I was like, go back, yeah, go back to Timberland days. And that's really what he leaned in too. On his tour. I was very happy with his set list because I was a little concerned with his recent releases. I was like, what kind of music are we going to hear?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He he was with the old reliables. He was smart.
Speaker 3: When you were in Vegas, did you ever go to any residencies?
Speaker 1: No, but I went to Ussher when he went on tour, So he came to La So I got to see.
Speaker 2: Usher incredible show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good, but it was like compared to the residency, it kind of was like here, damn, You're like, y'all want to see this here? Cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vegas all come to you.
Speaker 1: Right, So I do wish I went to Vegas, But yeah, I'm going to that Backs Boys one and it's in the Sphere. I think I've never been in.
Speaker 3: So oh wait they have a residency.
Speaker 1: Know they just announced it.
Speaker 3: Oh they have the Backs.
Speaker 2: You always have a residency in the sphere, I think.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it's sphere crazy. Yeah, they just announced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'm in there.
Speaker 2: I would have to go see that. That just that, that's a moment, like you have to see that. Being on Gills Arena, How has it prepared you for your for function? But yeah, for podcasting, Like how is it with the guys sitting down every week?
Speaker 1: I mean the my like journey within Gils has been so funny because you know, we have the live chat, so I'm getting like active feedback on my presence in real time. So Yo looks at the chat during the show. So I don't know if people like realize that, like he's he says things on purpose because he's reading the chat. So it's like, yeah, exactly, he reads the chat. Just they're all reading the chat in real time. I stopped reading the chat. I stopped reading the comments because men are mean. But when I first got on the show, they hated me, like hate him.
Speaker 3: I mean, who is this girl?
Speaker 1: She was like who is she? Like she's a player, Like we didn't know. And we had a shootout and I would beat everybody with.
Speaker 3: Gill you have to be specific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a basketball shootout.
Speaker 2: A little bit of both, like we just did.
Speaker 1: To be clear funny as we had a basketball shootout and I beat all the guys. I made it the farthest. And then after that the chat was like, we love Lexi. She's actually good at basketball. We don't care that she's been in the w BA for six years. She beat retired NBA players at.
Speaker 3: Mid range jump shot here to defend the in cell chat, but beating Gilbert at a shootout is it? But say gil could shoot?
Speaker 1: And I'm like they had higher lowers on the game. I'm like, y'all think that. Y'all really think gil is going to go ten for twenty five?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, Gilbert Arenas is a I mean, if you my over under was low.
Speaker 1: It was so disrespectful. They were like mine was like less than fifty percent. Really, Yeah, I was like, y'all are rude. Yeah, I made it to like the almost the final round and then two of our two of other people like went for the last round. But it was fun. But yeah, I literally won the chat over in the shootings.
Speaker 2: Just just want to do They just want to see that you you know what.
Speaker 1: You like all these videos of me, all these accolades. They're like, fuck that you outshot a bunch of forty year old retired NBA guys.
Speaker 2: You're her, Yeah, you're her.
Speaker 1: You're her now we respect you. But it's been fun and being around those guys has just been amazing.
Speaker 2: Who has the worst music take on the show.
Speaker 1: We don't even talk about music that more tastes or taste m I don't know. I don't really know the music that they all listened to, honestly, but I remember when the Kendrick Drake stuff was going on, they all had like a lot of opinions about that, and ultimately we were like, we play sports, we don't care about rap beef.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know music. Yeah, it's one thing to.
Speaker 1: Say, right, but they never get worried.
Speaker 3: Sitting next to Gill, he's one of my favorite personalities. Like, even before he started podcasting, anything he would do on the internet was the ridiculous and anytime there was an interview, anytime he just spoke, I'm stopping what I'm doing to see ye Giel was about to do, especially if it has to do with Nick Young.
Speaker 1: Those two together have been hilarious. When they brought Nick on, I was like, is he just going to be on sometimes? But he sat on that couch the first time I was there. When he was there, I was like, I wanted to cure. Every day they're back and forth, their bands are, their stories like it has like change, like the cadence of the show. I think having them two.
Speaker 3: On, I thought when I became a father, I'd be a little more gentle with certain things. I still watch the clips of Gil abusing Nick Young's kids, and I still think it's the flash thing on fucking need that.
Speaker 1: The way they talk about playing the kids Madden video games, I'm like, do y'all ever grow up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, they don't never don't grow up? Like I'm just with a bunch of grown ass kids all the time. I would say, Kenyan is probably the only one that is not.
Speaker 2: Seems to be the most and yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why we always sit next to each other. Like here there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kenyan from a lot of games. Nah, he ain't got a lot of play playing Kenyani if you know him from playing? No, no, he never did, Yeah, never do.
Speaker 1: They've been great, it's been really fun.
Speaker 3: What's what's been the wildest off mic take in pre production or when you guys wrap it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, to be honest, I don't. I'm not really in any of like those conversations in pre production. I'm like their little like angel baby, so like they keep me out of like all the nonsense. Like they have a group chat. I'm not in it. I don't want to be in it. I just show up, I'm myself and I leave. And I think that's what makes our chemistry so good. It's like I literally just like drop in. I drop out, Like when they go to games, when they go to All Star, like, I don't go talk, stay out, I stay out of it. When they have the strip club conversations on the couch, I'm just like they gave me a bullhorn. That's my contribution to those conversations. All right, too much? Not too much.
Speaker 3: I do think it would be great content for you to go to the Strip club with Gil.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I would tune in.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the conversation that they had about competing with other men for bottles? What do y'all think about that? So basically it was studying, like that's what can you It's a pretty gay what can you? Said? But Gil was on that, he was dying on that hill, like I go to the club to make everybody else in the club look broke, and I don't care what else is going on. So if he buys ten bottles, I'm buying twenty bottles. If you bout thirty bollles, I'm buying four.
Speaker 3: Only one that is the club owner, right, like.
Speaker 1: The the only one. And it was like, you guys are all losers, And I was like, I don't buy bottles in the club, so I don't. I don't have anything to do.
Speaker 2: I mean for athletes especially somebody. But it's it's hillars because I remember the story Gil was saying about, uh, he go to the strip club, spend all this money and then the next day reporters cards stolen, and then it ends up getting all the money back. Like definitely, I thought that was incredible for him to say that. But I mean, you know, as athletes, it is a it's a lot of ego. Yeah, with athletes, especially if you know we're playing in the city and let's say Lebron and the Lakers come to town and then they're in the club, and it's like, okay, they're visiting, but we're in the city every week. Like if the Lakers are in the club and you know we're in the club as well, I could see how it's like, yeah, y'all not gonna come to our city and just go crazy, turn it upside down and fly out to more Like now we like, we got we got to make sure we So I understand it from an athlete competitition, that's still really no, I get it, but it's like it's one million attached to a man's ego.
Speaker 1: The first time I personally experienced that is the year U n C boys basketball won the championship and they came to Shooters to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So.
Speaker 1: Obviously our men's team were like, what the hell y'all doing here? We were like, whoa, you wouldn't see we was partying. We just wanted to party, don't y'all can't you don't care that might be the right here.
Speaker 3: While he was at Duke, you were saying, go un se.
Speaker 1: We was partying. Congratulations guys. Where the party at y'all? Y'all in Duam they pulled up. We didn't invite them, they showed up. It's I'm actually surprised that they let them inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was asking how did they even let that happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know because they won.
Speaker 2: And nothing and nothing popped off because that's the Duke is a real like.
Speaker 1: Right, no, literally, they wouldn't even let the Duke guys go to Chapel Hill.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like the UNC guys was always in Durham at Shooters, So shooters a like don't get a free for all, like I told you eighteen and up, so like everybody was in there.
Speaker 3: To me, what it sounds like, Duke is pussy? Yeah, just what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I remember that because we were like, what are y'all doing here? Like go back to Chapel Hill. But like Chapel Hill was like definitely more I would have say upscale, but they're like more strict because they had like actual bars and clubs and restaurants and Chapel Hill, and then we just had the barn dirty.
Speaker 3: Ass to leave Chapel Hill. And like Durham is not hood per se, but there's some nasty.
Speaker 2: Duke is like.
Speaker 1: Parked in the middle of the hood. I had no idea, just drop right in the middle.
Speaker 2: Who are your Give me your top five players whose dad played in the NBA?
Speaker 1: Oh can I think of five?
Speaker 2: Well, you got to you know who the number one is? Obviously you of course.
Speaker 1: Oh is it? Men and women? Yeah? Can be okay, but me no, Steph Curry, I think one?
Speaker 3: Nah over Kobe.
Speaker 1: Kobe's that plays in the NBA. Yeah, oh yeah, then Kobe steph Uh Clay This Clay's Thompson's dad playing the NBA. I put Clay up there.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that.
Speaker 1: In the league.
Speaker 2: I'll help you out with Duke alumni Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's now podcasting. Yeah, I wish he played. I wish she play. I remember him in high school because he.
Speaker 2: Went to Austin Park. I think high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might have the best mixtape high school mixtape ever.
Speaker 2: He's one of your one of your coach, Brandon Jennings, He's his high school mixtape is is one of the legendary high.
Speaker 1: School remember those like everybody got but everybody got one now, so it's not the same. You got to be like one of them once to get a mixtape. Now everybody got a damn.
Speaker 3: There's a camera right here video everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone got one.
Speaker 2: That was like it. But Austin's all in Rivers his high school mixtape. I remember watching it crazy and I was like, damn, like he's he's a problem.
Speaker 3: For Brandons is probably the first one I remember when I was in.
Speaker 2: His his Probably he's probably the first one that kind of like everybody was like. That was like as far as I can remember, first high school mixtape where everybody saw it and was like, oh, that's great that tape was in That was nuts.
Speaker 1: The fifth one, I want to say, Bronnie. Okay, I love Bronnie. I don't know why everyone got to smoke with Bronnie, but.
Speaker 3: He loved Bronnie for for what? Because like, as a human.
Speaker 1: I just love that he's been able to just be successful.
Speaker 3: I think he was deserving of the fifty fifth pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a fifty fifth pick, and that's why I stand we we who else? Whose who would have you had, who did you want?
Speaker 1: History of NBA has made a team money.
Speaker 3: I am all the way with Nepple babies. I think it's amazing the owners are doing it. Why can't Brown? But he's not the fifty fifth that it was.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm fine with it. Yes it was. He was at NEPO pick.
Speaker 1: We know that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not if the Lakers would have had this third pick and they picked like, all right, man, that's a little different that what we're doing, Like we had a chance to go get you know what I'm saying, like maybe somebody who's gonna diffranchised.
Speaker 1: It is literally almost not drafted.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he shouldn't.
Speaker 2: And and and here's here's the other reason why to me, that pick doesn't really matter. They ended up getting Luca in the same.
Speaker 1: Year, right, good karma.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even it doesn't matter who first of all, like who.
Speaker 1: All the time they knew Luca was coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, it doesn't matter who you pick. We know we got Luca coming in joy.
Speaker 3: Wait, Bronni was the chess piece for Lucas.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know I'm saying. You do know what I'm saying, is it doesn't matter who they did not draft at fifty five.
Speaker 1: They have Luca.
Speaker 2: Now they have Lucas. Doesn't matter who the fifty fifth pick is.
Speaker 3: I mean, according to y'all, theydn't need him because they got Brownie.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't say that. I think that the Luca pick was legendary. We needed that. But yeah, now the fifty fifth pick really doesn't matter when you're getting Luca in the same year.
Speaker 1: About it, Like, but why again, why not let Bronnie and bron play together. They're making history, they were making money. It was they dragged it, not Bronnie and bron I think that they have handled it well, but I think the media drag. I think they all dragged it.
Speaker 2: Like he had to be sure they got that moment on tape. They had to. That's the documentary, Yeah for sure, Yeah, absolute definitely going to them having the Griffies court side and that whole thing. It was a Nike.
Speaker 3: Documentary and listen, I don't want to sound like a hater because I think what Bronnie is doing is way better than what Michael Jordan's son is doing.
Speaker 1: So I just recently when it comes to that, how old is Michael Jordan's son right now acting acting the Damn.
Speaker 2: For He gives thirty something right? Yeah, I mean I love the Trophy Room collect w A. I think the Trophy Room collection isn't credible. He had such promise in space, Jim. I thought he was going places like he found the Short Sea, did everything right? Can't even snitch on the Looney Tunes and tell her didn't tell his mom nothing?
Speaker 1: Sure, did it?
Speaker 2: So? Lex? What's some of your music predictions for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Music prediction?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, like.
Speaker 2: Who was some of the artists is looking forward to hearing that?
Speaker 1: WOLB Drake. I think Drake has started.
Speaker 2: His sexy songs for you.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, okay anything Drake puts out, I love. Everybody knows that about me.
Speaker 3: Did you feel disrespected as a woman when you were listening to the songs.
Speaker 1: Drake is like, he's just different. I just enjoy his music. I didn't initially like the album that much first listen, but after I listened to it a few more times, it grew on me. Which Drake albums. That's typically how yeah people consume Drake. They hate it and then they're like, yeah, it's not that bad and then now everybody's seen.
Speaker 2: It fircially coming out of last year. Like I think people were listening to this with more of a critical ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like, odd, let's see, I'm gonna go I'm gonna shift to my pop side, you know. In sync backshe Boys, all of them, christanguelera, I feel like maybe a Britney Spears re emergence might happen somewhere.
Speaker 2: Imagine they would have gone to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, she a resurgence will happen. I'm not saying I.
Speaker 2: Don't know in what way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Brittany popped out every now and then.
Speaker 1: Because Christiangele looks amazing, is performing again and one of the best voices of all. Yeah, justin Timberlake. In sync Backs boys are all coming out the word works. I feel like this little that whatever era you would call that, they're like all kind of like creeping back.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love I hope. I hope Brittany gets to a good mental space where she's able to do that.
Speaker 1: I've read her book. It was really sad. I hope that she's able to like, yeah, the stuff that.
Speaker 2: She went through with her you know, finances, business and her dad and everything control and everything that.
Speaker 1: Was that was really sad.
Speaker 3: I agree with y'all, But is it finally okay to say maybe her dad had a point?
Speaker 2: I mean, I see why you say that, because obviously the videos Brittany's been posting, people kind of questioned her mental health and things like that. But I'm also on the side of I think somewhere in there maybe Brittany's playing into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I mean listening to the book, because we.
Speaker 2: Don't hear nothing about Brittany, like in real life, Like if right now something breaks, like Britney Spears was here and did that, we don't hear.
Speaker 1: I mean, the last thing we heard about Brittany was when Wenby's people smacked her in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Security guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was insane. I was like, this is this is how we're doing Britney Spears right now. Listening to the book, it was like it broke my heart. Was sad because she was thrown into this lifestyle so young and so early, and people just were constantly taking advantage of her over and over and over. But it got to a point like me and my best friendly listened to it on audio book together, like we were on a road trip kind of going to Palm Springs one day. We really, let's just listen to the Britney Spears at something like we had to stop sometimes and be like, girl, you're like grown, like you're going to keep letting people mistreat you and use and abuse you. But again, like she didn't know anything else. He really had no friends, her family was trash, So I'm just like, was just I don't really know how. I didn't really have an opinion after because I was like a little bit more confused after listening to the book. I didn't like really understand her at all because she's still obviously not okay. The situation is still really messed up. So I'm like, they let this book come out and made everybody on her opposing side look crazy, but she's still in the same situation she's in kind of, So I'm like, yeah, where do you want us to go from here to like support Britney Spears or like help her, because I'm like, Okay, she released the book and everyone was like.
Speaker 3: My gay, yeah cool. Was it a Netflix, stock or Hulu? It was maybe during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: I think it was Whulu that was very sad. But it's like they've been like putting all these things out there for like people to like help her, and everyone's just kind of like, hmmm, we're gonna just stay away from that. And I I don't know why I should go to the.
Speaker 2: We should go to the the Sphere the Backsy Boys concert together, Oh my god, I was so filling hertby. I just want to see Lex like go crazy like over like her all your childhood.
Speaker 3: But you have to sing along with us, like we'll be hitting every note. You can't just be sitting Wait.
Speaker 1: So I met a j at a RAMS game. I actually have a picture with him. I'm going to hit him up, like can we go backstage? Can we meet y'all? Like he was so he was so cool, but I like I freaked out when I saw him at the game, was like, oh my god, it's a backstory boy. He was like, yeah, it's me. Yeah, you deserve to act like that, act just like that. This is how you deserve to act. You're so cool. He was so nice. So yeah, I told him I already I already hit him up. I said, I'm pulling up to that Yeah, we got to see that for sure.
Speaker 3: I randomly saw Joey Fotone in Brooklyn like two years ago. They just walking like Joey Fort.
Speaker 2: Joey and Brooklyn. What else wuld Joey Fotone?
Speaker 3: He has to be he's from Brooklyn. Yeah, if you gave in the background of Joey Fatone, how the fuck did he end up like Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: It's like there's a documentary on Netflix called Dirty Pop I Think, and it's about like their manager and they kind of like touch on how he like he was like a boy band like Factory just this one dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fat guy, yeah said but didn't he end up being like a creepy pedophile or some ship too.
Speaker 1: No, He's just like he was like running like a boy band Ponzi scheme, That's what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was crazy taking a lot of money, Yeah, and like just moving it around.
Speaker 2: See how you thought that that ended him? How to feel you.
Speaker 1: Framed it?
Speaker 2: And then at the end it was like he just was Yeah, it just whatever, grimy dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they said he was like one of the nicest guys ever, but he just like couldn't get out of his own way when it came to like stealing money from people.
Speaker 3: And like look at the groups, like you didn't need to steal money. No, they were generating hundreds of minions.
Speaker 2: Which money was coming in. You did not have to play that, not have to do that ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Why do we think boy bands just died because I still.
Speaker 1: I've always everyone thinks everything is gay. Now that's why.
Speaker 3: No, Because I feel like these young kids are way gayer than we were, Like even the goons are. It's like gay gooons.
Speaker 1: I saw a video yesterday on Twitter of a group of boys walk up to two girls with balloons and pop them. Walk up to the girls, pop.
Speaker 2: Them and told the girls playing the balloon challenge, but like walked.
Speaker 1: Up on the girls and played the game and the girls like.
Speaker 2: The girls weren't even playing.
Speaker 1: The girls were like what are you doing? And they just basically were like I don't like your shoes, your hair is ugly. And it was on the camera like that's loser behavior.
Speaker 3: Doing for content.
Speaker 1: They just walked up and just popping their balloons and the girls were like, what the hell are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair as kids, we we we did some mean things we said some mean things the girls growing up, Like we didn't have balloons.
Speaker 3: That's because we didn't have like any type of game, like yeah, that was your way of flirting when you Yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Know how to be me to the girl like say something you know, hurtful and didn't walk away. Then you didn't record it, and ye no, no, no we didn't. That's that's the we didn't make content of it. Yo.
Speaker 3: My friends pointed out, like when I was I don't know, maybe like thirteen or fourteen, my friends pointed out something that I'll never get over. Anytime I was like trying to talk to a girl, I would start like stretching, like I didn't know.
Speaker 1: What to do.
Speaker 3: So I like like, I like, I just sitting there stretching with my leg up, and they let it happen and didn't say shit, only to amongst themselves, and then by like the fourth time, fat they're like I was a calisthetics Like I was mortified and in my head for the rest of high school.
Speaker 2: Just any time I was a nervous thing to do, like I didn't know what to do. Absolutely, that's just nerves.
Speaker 1: Walking back and forth.
Speaker 3: That was like the scariest thing in the world when you were going through puberty to talk to a girl.
Speaker 1: I will say, when I do get approached in person by men, I'm always so nice to them because it's not easy.
Speaker 2: How do guys approach you? Like, what do they say when they like approach you?
Speaker 1: It depends because it depends on the setting. But even like I'll say, my most recent encounter with a very he was very sweet, but it was after one of our games, and we do autograph sessions. Like there's like a line of people when you do autographs, and we walked down and everybody gets an autograph way.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this is actually a story about me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We were like we had like a separate area for like season ticket holders to do pictures or whatever. It was me and another player and we were standing there and this guy like walks up like a gate. He's not a season ticket holder, so he's just walking up astral autograph whatever. Da da da, And then he like SA, He's like, oh, I got an event coming up. I want you to like come. I thought he was like talking like a party or something to bring all the girls to whatever. It was like a speaking engagement and I was like, oh, that's cool. When is it? It was like weeks from that day, I'm not going to be Nashville anymore. Okay, I'll fly hip hop class. You got a class's hip hop class to get to. Oh, I'll fly you to the event. I was like to your speaking engagement.
Speaker 2: I was like, trying to book you, pay you for this?
Speaker 1: No, but then like no, I said, I'm gonna be busy at that time, but like, good luck, I hope it goes really good. And then he was like oh yeah, Like well, can I get your number? And I was like no, sorry, and I was like, ye, that's.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's terrible. He shot his shot. You're supposed give him a burner.
Speaker 1: At least I don't even have a burner. I have one phone, one phone, one phone.
Speaker 3: What's your Facebook?
Speaker 1: Because even now, because I even thought about this, because like sometimes giving your number is the better choice, because if you give him your Instagram not now, they can just just like keep up with you. Like with the phone number, I can.
Speaker 3: Just like lock you yeah or just not reply reply.
Speaker 1: But obviously they will know who I am at some point and they can follow me on their own. But me like being like, oh, here's my gram. Now they're gonna like you're gonna start keeping tabs and see what I'm doing, And I'm like, yeah, maybe I should just give So I just started giving my phone number out more.
Speaker 3: Do y'all have like as a as a w BA player, Like think youre about to ask a question I was gonna ask.
Speaker 2: Do y'all have like groupies? Is it like a like is it the thing for y'all? Like y'all be laughing in the locker room like like girl this do he keep coming to the game trying to like give you?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know because the thing that's the thing about the WNBA, like obviously we have like all different like sexualities and preferences, and it's like very I.
Speaker 2: Don't want you to just make that. I don't want you to make that WNBA exclusive the NBA.
Speaker 1: You know, like when everyone's like in the industry like, oh it's the same girls like yeah, we don't we don't have that. Yeah see the same dudes.
Speaker 2: I think so, man, I think I'll just keep them yet I think they out.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like like you said, it's an ego thing. Like women like we can put ourselves out there and like just go hang out.
Speaker 2: Okay do you do? Is it a conversation amongst wn b A players that y'all kind of wish that you had, like guys that were like coming too the games trying to like talk to y'all, like, so how does that work? Like y'all don't want guys to like come to the game we.
Speaker 1: Do and be fairs and yeah, I have fun, but like stay over there. I mean some girls might like it. I personally I would enjoy it, like in the confines of a basketball game. And yeah, I feel like it was like some just fine dudes on the baseline, Like, oh I would love that, but like that's it.
Speaker 2: It was just stay on the basis. Yeah, I don't say nothing.
Speaker 1: I will say like a game in Nashville that Titans are there, I think.
Speaker 2: Like you were crazy that game. How many jump as you?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I like I peeped, like there was like for them on the base. I peeped them.
Speaker 3: I was like, who it is you're going crazy on the court because there's dude, the screen on.
Speaker 2: The left on the floor, like you set the screen over here.
Speaker 1: But that was it, Like I was like, oh, that's nice that they're here. Nice to look at your in the game.
Speaker 3: And she was lights out when I was there. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, because.
Speaker 3: Y'all got smoked.
Speaker 2: Game, you can't go to no more games.
Speaker 3: I was not their shoe.
Speaker 2: No, who did y'all play?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't remember either. You had like three or four threes though he was cooking. Yes, the rest of the team was it? We we.
Speaker 2: That is so funny. I thought that I kind of figured that women would like kind of want like guys.
Speaker 3: I feel like the young as of the league definitely run through them, like I think they got them. Yeah, that probably, Yeah, that is it's more of a they have their like I think they were the strap under the shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game with the strap that again, Yeah, I get it. I mean it checks out. It kind of makes it. I get it. The All Star Weekend last year, for the three point shootout, they had Steph and Sabrina Sabrina shooting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's something that they should implement moving forward into All Star? Wee can having a w NBA player versus an NBA player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was fun. It was was just the wrong guy to go against, but she was close, Like that was like the best outcome we could have had being close.
Speaker 2: We think Steph went full throughout.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, that was like the best outcome that we could have had. That's not go crazy. Brina is still holding her own but ultimately winning, because if Sabrina ended up winning, just the discourse would have been insufferable. The fact that she like almost won and was still very impressive, that was like best case scenario. So I don't know if like that's just like a one time moment and we just got to like remember that as being a good moment. If they do move forward with it, I think they should alternate, so like one year they'll do it NBA All Star and then not do WB All Star, and then the next year they'll do an NBA All Stark, just alternated. If they really give a fun about, you know, increasing viewership and partnership between the w NBA, Like they need to be very intentional with how they do it.
Speaker 3: What do you think the WNBA is missing as far as I don't want to say marketing per se, but getting more eyes.
Speaker 2: On the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think and I think they've did a better job this past year, especially with this fork, as they're like showing more of us and more of our personalities are able to shine through on the court off the court, with our marketing stuff, our brand deals. It's not really frowned upon anymore. Because I remember when I first got into the league. I've always loved social media. I've always loved taking pictures, and it was like a problem when I got into the league. She's not focused, doesn't care about basketball. She cares about is social media and taking pictures by the pool and all this weird stuff.
Speaker 3: It takes one second to take a photus in one second second second to post like it was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Hat a YouTube channel that they made fun of when I came in, Like it was just a lot. So kind of just letting players be who they are, I think has been the biggest change. And then yeah, allowing these rookies that come in with all this college energy and hype. They have to be on the they have to be on the floor. So this is obviously that was like the most hype of rookie class has ever had. But we've had very talented rookie classes in the past, but like you get to your team and you right on the bench, and now your college fans are now tapped back into the college because they don't know where you are, where you're playing, and you jet off overseas. Now it's like all momentum you had is gone. So I think now we're bridging that gap between like college fandom to the pros, and I think that's been like the missing link, I think so. I think this year was a really good example of.
Speaker 2: I think Caitlyn, Kaitlyn and Angel Rees coming in together, everything that happened obviously between them on the collegiate level, yeah, and then coming into the w NBA together, I think a lot of that parlayed over into the league. I thought it was great for the league for sure. How how did you feel about the criticism if you felt like it was criticism that Kaitlyn Clark was receiving throughout the season. You know a lot of people were saying that teams were kind of targeting her and kind of like, you know, being more physical with her. Yeah, I thought it was a sign of respect. I think they only do that when they respect you as a player and know that you're a threat on the floor. But how did you feel like just playing and then looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when I know when I when we played her, she was like number one on the scouting report, Like you're not going to deny how talented she is. And I think people did underrate like her overall play making ability and they just hyper focused on her scoring, which she's a very elite scorer, but the way she makes everybody around her better is like the best part of her game. So like she's literally the head of the snake. So I think that everybody received a lot of weird criticism this year. I only played fourteen games, so like I kind of and I wasn't really doing much because I was still kind of so I was like, kind of I kind of avoided all of that weird this course going on because I wasn't playing, so I really just was watching it and looking at it from a very like objective point of view because I was kind of out of it. I think now that we just have more eyes, it just comes with more criticisms from people that don't know what they're talking about. We see it on and other leagues with other athletes, So I think us as wn BA players just have to like we have to ignore it. We have to rise above it. And that's easier said than done. But that's what happens when you have more eyes, you have more viewers, you have more opinions. People are betting on our games and like that. It's a whole different conversation of how that has shifted sports culture and stuff. So I think everybody handled it well though, because I think everybody elevated their level of play and we retained you know, a lot of those new fans, and I know a lot of players now are getting their flowers and they have you know, a new fan bases that they didn't have prior to this rookie class because they came ready to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think after going to your game, I think we had a conversation on the next episode after that. Where the experience is great. Where I think it does lack a bit is in some brand partnership with a female rapper, like I think, because female rap is where it is in dominating right men, right now, Why a Meg or Glarilla or somebody isn't like the brand ambassador or creative director of the WNBA is beyond me. No pun That's a layup to get people like sort of what Hove does with the halftime show, but somebody when it comes to nationally televised games, they can focus on halftime show entertainment, bringing certain rappers to the game. Like I think, just with where hip hop is with women, I don't get why the WNBA is not just.
Speaker 1: Like us even consulting or anything like using that. Again, that's probably expensive, so I think that's probably part of it. But I think the w is heading in the right direction. We're in the middle of our negotiations with our new collective bargaining agreement, and we had a meeting in Nashville with all the W players that were playing in Athletes Unlimited and the things that we're fighting for like higher salaries, pensions for retired players, health benefits for retired players, like just things that we weren't able to get to in the last CBA because the one before that was so messed up. So I think, you know, the WNBA, obviously it's going to be a battle. Hopefully we can find a happy medium. But I think it's like heatted in the right direction for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I promise I'm not trying to get you to shit on the WNBA I'm really just asking this as a professional athlete. Do you feel like the league takes care of its players? Because I feel like the NFL does a horrible job. I think now players active and retired players.
Speaker 1: We have work to do with retired players, and I think that's why it's been one of our focus in these new CBA negotiations is how can we take care of players that laid the foundation for us moving forward because there's actually nothing in place that offer retired players right now. But I think my ad was part of the lockout in his season that was like for that kind of stuff. Yeah, retired players, pension, all that kind of stuff, So that's definitely important to us. You know, we have I don't know if all teams have like mental health specialists on staff, but I know we had some in LA. We had two in LA. Do we have one in Chicago? Like I think LA might have been my first team that had mental health specialists for us, just for our team, So that wasn't a thing. The way they take care of mothers definitely has room for improvement, but it's much better than it was like when my dad was coaching. So again, like being a woman in this field, like, there's just so many things that we have to think about that men simply don't have to worry about, like getting pregnant and having kids and how you're going to manage that, and how's it going to affect your contract. It's going to affect a roster spot because now you get pregnant, you got to be out. You're out, but your salaries protected now, So like that's a spot. Yeah, So it's like you got to consider that when you're trying to have a kid, and it's like, man, that's just something men just don't have to think about it.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a lot of different things when you talk about just what players have to worry about the NBA versus the w NBA.
Speaker 1: Who are.
Speaker 2: Because I just saw that Asia Wilson got a signature shoe and I think the last person to have one was Sheryl Swoops.
Speaker 1: I think Sabrina has one.
Speaker 2: She has one now.
Speaker 1: It's like the highest selling basketball shoe right now, behind Kobe's Sabrina shoe fire.
Speaker 2: Really, I might have to look into Asia shoe is dope. Who are some of the players that you think deserve a signature shoe in the league?
Speaker 1: I mean, Asia was the biggest one for me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Stewie has one, Sabrina has one. I don't know. To me, Asia was like the one for me. So I think that's it's really amazing that she got one. I think Caitlyn Clark is going to have one, and I think ju Ju might be the next one that absolutely she might get one while she still she might have one. Now, yeah, she might have one already in the work well deserved.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Arica Arikae.
Speaker 2: I love her game.
Speaker 1: I think she would sell some sneakers.
Speaker 2: I love her game. I love watching her play. She she's like I would play. I would pay to watch her.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, yea to one and I think yeah, And I think again back to the marketing thing, Like I think arik now she is able to like show more of her personality on and off the court, and I hope Dallas like pours into that, like markets that because she is like outside of being like just a dope person, Like the way she plays basketball is like super entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's fun, incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, lex one quick sneaker question before we leave. You and Iverson are the only people I've ever seen ball In questions, how did you possibly do that? One of my favorite shoes of all time. I would never play full court basketball.
Speaker 1: Well, I get paid to, so I figured it.
Speaker 2: I figured it out. In other words, you ain't got game, Lexi. We appreciate you for coming by. We obviously don't know ball, but we do know that you are one of the dopest and one of the Illis in the league. So we all supporting you and we hope to catch up with you Soon's the Spheres in the building. Yeah, yeah, we got to come to the game Seattle. I definitely want to come to Seattle Storm game. Definitely got to come. All right. That's Rory and Maul with Lexi Brown. We do not know ball, Rory, but we know that Lexi is one of the Illis.