Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Brody Randall, Tony Maggie, Max, Sarah Lake Pickle, and Caitlin Los Binozo Lake. What are you doing in town? First time on Trivia?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, A longtime listener, first time participant. Yeah, I'm working on a new podcast that's gonna go on the bear Grease feed. M pretty excited about that. It's gonna be called Backwoods University.
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna do bear Grease Trivia. I thought that's what you were gonna do.
Speaker 3: I thought it might be more embarrassing if I didn't know some of that. I don't know. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: What's the show about.
Speaker 4: We're focusing in on like wildlife biology, but also like really focusing on the influence that humans can have on wildlife and the habitat. Because me and Clay when we were working on some of the first episodes and just kind of storyboard and stuff out, I was like, man, I can't hardly mention a species of wildlife or a wildlife process or anything that is not somehow heavily influenced by humans. Could be positive, could be negative, but it's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me some examples of episodes that are on the docket, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So we've got one coming out on bison, but it's about a history on bison in the eastern United States.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: They man, Yeah, I got to I got to go to a spot in northern Tennessee. It's actually Dwayne Estes who was on the podcast. Here is a guy that worked with him. Went to a property where they were restoring prairie and they had digitized some of the buffalo trails from the Cumberland settlements, and there's a spot on that property where there's still a like visible bison trail, like trees still cleared out, still a visible trail.
Speaker 3: Is super cool.
Speaker 4: So doing that, doing bob whack quail kind of what happened to them? Why did we used to have a lot of them and now we seemingly don't. So those are some of the big ones.
Speaker 2: On the Bear Grease feed. When do these come out Monday? Monday? Like this coming Monday?
Speaker 4: No, ill be on Monday's first one is June ninth.
Speaker 2: All right, pretty soon then, Yeah, what's going to be your strength and your weakness and Meat Eater Trivia.
Speaker 4: My strength is going to be a lot of confidence. My weekness is going to be I'm probably not really going to know a lot of the answers.
Speaker 2: All right. I think that's backwards from Randall. Randall's strength is he knows a lot of the answers, and his weakness sometimes he's leaking confidence.
Speaker 5: I have no faith in myself.
Speaker 2: Caitlin, how do you feel about your chances of media trivia?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just here for the experience, Spencer, Strength and weakness. Strength is going to be anything trapping related or uh weird wildlife, science questions, science plants.
Speaker 2: I'm on top of it, all right. You Andke have that category down, all right. This is a ten round quick show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there's a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. Here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line I faq. Amber Langley says, would love for you to feature more female trappers if you can find them. Well, Amber, we have Kaitlin with us today. Caitlyn, how's your trapping season?
Speaker 7: Ben?
Speaker 6: Well over now? But I had a really awesome winner. It's kind of a record year for me. Bobcats, coyotes, beaver.
Speaker 2: Give us some numbers on them.
Speaker 6: Let's see thirteen beaver, nine coyotes, eight bobcats, couple raccoons, a couple possums.
Speaker 2: Okay, this was in Kansas.
Speaker 6: In Kansas predominantly public land. I had a nuisance beaver job that pulled a bunch of them off at the end there, But yeah, mostly public So I run a super small line. So yeah, numbers are not going to be like you would get with like a long line or anything like that. But it's it's a lot of work. I really enjoy it, and every catches, every catch is like a big deal for me.
Speaker 2: What was the most exciting thing you trapped?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I got two doubles on bobcats, which was incredible because oh no, no, just like yeah, just like same same area, really small areas and I can't run more than like a dozen traps at a time, like working full time and and packing in on public land. So yeah, but having having those two doubles, two of them were like twin cage sets. I was after actually one cat. I didn't know there were I didn't know there were that many in there, and uh yeah. Went checked the first cage and I had the cat and I was like, oh, that must be the one because it was you know, it was a big cat.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then I went in to check the second trap and I saw the door was closed, and I was like, no way, And sure enough if there was another one day, same day.
Speaker 2: Great. And Kate works with a lot of the furs herself. She made the biaber pillows that were in our auction house of audities. I think those sold for like a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: It was eight hundred five.
Speaker 2: What are you working on any interesting projects right now with your furs from this last trapping?
Speaker 6: So I still have to get everything off to the tannery. Fell a little behind on that, but once everything is back, probably end of the summer early fall, I might have enough beaver to start working on a blanket. I would really love to have a blanket that would stay with me, but I might start, you know, working on more to put in my shop. Definitely pillows. I love making those.
Speaker 2: There you go, Amber a female trapper here on Mediater Trivia, and she's going to be on an upcoming episode of the Mediater podcast.
Speaker 8: Hey Spencer, I know how you like to promote the website. Uh huh, she's been writing some trapping articles for meg on the website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to give us an example, what kind of articles we.
Speaker 6: Got, Well, my first one was, uh, how running a trap line made me a better public land deer hunter. Oh so yeah kind of yeah, yeah, kind of meshing both worlds there. But then also some like coyote trapping as uh, everybody's well almost everybody in the hunting world like has some kind of interaction with coyotes, whether it's just like thinking of it as a as a predator of you know, the prey that you're hunting, or just kind of an interest in them because they're so prevalent on the landscape. So there'll be a coyote trapping article and then uh kind of like a nest nest predator. A lot of it's hard to hard to talk to anybody who hunts any kind of game burden without getting a comment about You know, predators and a lot of people are interested in trying to get into predator management.
Speaker 2: So Caitlyn's articles over on the medeater dot com or we have some housekeeping today. On a previous episode of Trivia, we had a question about the duck that's named after after its long tail feathers that make up twenty five percent of a drake's body length. The correct answer was what max do you want the What was the answer?
Speaker 1: Old squad?
Speaker 2: The correct answer was a northern pintail, but a few listeners wrote in to point out that long tailed duck should also be a correct answer. They do satisfy all parts of the question. They're named after their long tail, which makes up twenty seven to thirty nine percent of their body length. So if you said long tailed duck, which is formerly known as the old squad duck, then you got that one correct. Well done. Did that change that Nobody in the room said long tailed duck, so it would only changed the outcome for our listeners at HATCHA, So go back, give yourself a point for that question. I didn't think pintel Yeah, all right. The Shelby index for today is a three point five, so our winners should get seven correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop pill light.
Speaker 3: It's not working.
Speaker 2: It's okay, use your imagination. Usually the light flickers. Everything failed us right. When we have guests in town. It's on far of my day's going, you know, suckers. Question one, the topic is hunting. This will be multiple choice, and this first great question is via Matthew Stilver. Which of these states harvest the most deer? Is it Georgia, Kansas, Ohio or South Carolina? Of these states, which one harvests the most deer? Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, South Carolina. The room is thinking hard about this one. No quick answers, but Brody now has one. Brody, how do you feel about your answer? Okay? Of these states, which one harvests the most deer? Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, South Carolina? Maxwell, do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're waiting on.
Speaker 3: Are you right?
Speaker 2: Brody is observing?
Speaker 3: I like that answer.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 2: Maggie, do you have an answer? Is it because I got it ready?
Speaker 5: Because I got it wrong?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying Georgia. Kate says South Carolina, Lake, South Carolina, Tony, South Carolina, Maggie, Kansas, Randall, Ohio, Max, Ohio, Brody, Ohio. Every state was represented in our room. The correct answer is Georgia. Only Sarah got that one right. According to Oddex data from twenty twenty two, Georgia harvest one point two million deer each year. It's followed by Ohio at eight hundred thousand, South Carolina at seven hundred thousand, and Kansas at six hundred thousand. So je harvest almost as many deer as South Carolina and Kansas combined. Question two, the topic is fishing. Rapaula says, this medical instrument is quote an indispensable tool to have at your side on the water. It's a quote from Rapaula. They say, this medical instrument is an indispensable tool to have at your side on the water. Brody, do you have this one right? Tony looks confident as well. Tony. Do you have one of these in your boat?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have one of these in your boat? Brody? Boat bag boat bag? Okay, post there's one in there somewhere, all right, Rpaula says, this medical instrument is an indispensable tool to have at your side on the water. The room looks confident on this one. Maybe not so much, Randal Randall, do you have this one right? I don't know, Okay, just whatever?
Speaker 9: Four hot dogs before noon today.
Speaker 1: In like five minutes.
Speaker 3: It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Alex Jones, when he was at court, he gave an excuse about not remembering one of his children's birthday because he said he ate a big old bowl of chili that day. His brain was in a chili fog, which Randal is experiencing the hot dog fog.
Speaker 5: Had two ideas for an answer on this.
Speaker 2: One, not sweat the spelling and just get something downs, wrote something down, and he raced twice. Now Mencer's very lenient. We are pretty leanient, Paula says. This medical instrument is an indispensable tool to have at your side on the water. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying four SEPs. Kate says he mistat uh Lake and Tony say four SAPs. Maggie says he mustats Randall, and Max and Brody say four steps. They got it. The correct answer is fourceps. Is there a different has curved I think they have curved blades?
Speaker 1: Come on, give them.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I was gonna write down needle nose.
Speaker 1: Would you.
Speaker 2: We'll give you, We'll give you.
Speaker 7: I call them hemus steps.
Speaker 2: Does it have a curved end?
Speaker 3: Ones?
Speaker 2: Is the manufacturer to call it that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I don't have brand.
Speaker 2: Shot and they were labeled hemos. Did they have a curved blade on them? We'll take either answer. Four steps have hinged handles that control two blades or tongs. They are used in the medical field to grasp and hold objects. Anglers use them to remove hooks from fish and sometimes themselves. Question three. The topic is wildlife. This next great question. This is our Listener Question the Week, which was won by Brendan for sending this great question. Brendan is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our Listener Question the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. Often used to display taxidermy in museums, this seven letter word is defined as a life size exhibit with realistic natural surroundings and a painted background. Oh my God, says question three. The topic is wildlife. Often used to display taxidermy in museums, this seven letter word is defined as quote, a life size exhibit with realistic natural surroundings and a painted background. Randal our only player with an answer, Sarah as well, Sarah, you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I believe so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randal, you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I believe so.
Speaker 2: God. It's seven letter word, defined as a life size exhibit with realistic natural surroundings and a painted background. Mm hmmm, Lake, you have an answer? Do you like your answer?
Speaker 3: The letter count matches up. But that's the thing. I'm confident that's.
Speaker 5: Where I'm at.
Speaker 7: Buddy, I've heard I've heard.
Speaker 4: It called that before, but I'm like that dude, that was not technical when he called it that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see his question three. Often used to display taxidermy in museums, this seven letter word is defined as a life size exhibit with realistic natural surroundings and a painted background. Brody is stumped. He thinks it's his humunculous knows it.
Speaker 5: I can think of as the last three letters.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: If if it's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I have an answer.
Speaker 7: I have an answer, and I'm pretty sure it's wrong where I'm.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying diorama, Case says diorama, Lake says habitat, Tony says diama, Maggie display Randal diroma, Max says aquarium. Brody without an answer, The correct answer is Dima, well done room. The first diorama depicting a natural habitat was made by painter and taxidermist Carl Aickley in eighteen eighty nine. It was featured in New York's American Museum of Natural History. Blending artistic skill with scientific accuracy. His goal was to captivate audiences and raise awareness about the importance of habitat conservation Question four. The topic is conservation. A blank cascade is the indirect species interaction that originates with predators and spreads downward through food webs.
Speaker 4: I told you.
Speaker 2: Brody and Randall already have their answer. A blank cascade is the indirect species interaction that originates with predators and spreads downward through food webs.
Speaker 5: Spencer, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that last two weeks ago, I was at the Wonders of Wildlife Museum, Springfield, Missouri. Incredible dioramas.
Speaker 2: Do they incredible diarbe that they do them?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Was it all? Was it all game animals? What did they have?
Speaker 5: Give me some examples, I mean all types. Like there's one room that just has every sheep and goat species from around the world on this big mountain background up on the rocks, and it progresses through like morning light, daylight, sunset, dark. Really just a breath taking museum.
Speaker 2: Denver's Museum, their Museum of Natural History, I think that's what all is called. They have some great dioramas as well. They have some Easter eggs in theirs they painted in their background, some trolls that you're supposed to look for. I think each one of them has a troll somewhere painted there. So if you're at the Denver Museum in natural history, keep your eyes peeled for those. A blank cascade is the indirect species interaction that originates with predators and spreads downward through food webs. This is question four. Is everybody ready, Max go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying subsidence, Kate says trophic lake, says trophic, Tony says trophic, Maggie and Randall say trophic, Max says common, Brody says trophic. The correct answer is trophic. Trophic cascades can occur when you add or remove a top predator from the food chain. Some examples include sea otters and kelp forests, vultures and rabies, and most famously, wolves and beavers in Yellowstone National Park.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that one debunk though?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think there's some disagreement, and I think the modern take is that it's it's not necessarily that cute and simple that wolves show up, and then willows grow, and then beaver's return. Run to question five. The topic is hunting. This next great question is via Heather Booth.
Speaker 3: I need to pick it up.
Speaker 2: According to quail Forever, this species of quail has the largest distribution in North America.
Speaker 1: This feels like a trick.
Speaker 2: It could. According to quail forever, this species of quail has the largest distribution in North America. Tony has declared it to be a trick. It's Brodie, you get to write down an.
Speaker 8: Answer, Caitlin, I have never seen somebody write down in answer as quickly as you did for that last question. I thought that white was gonna fly out of your hand. You brought it to your face so fast.
Speaker 2: I think it is a trick. According to quail Forever, for this species of quail has the largest distribution in North America, and it feels like a trick. We will get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after you. I don't want to talk two players. I'm not worried. It's a trip. Randall. Do you have an answered?
Speaker 5: I have an answer, but I don't think it's a good one. Okay, I only have so many quail in my brain.
Speaker 2: Also, is this like as of now historically or it's according to quail forever.
Speaker 7: I think that's that's a leading question, right.
Speaker 2: According to quail forever, this species of quail has the largest distribution in North America. Is everybody ready turns out?
Speaker 7: I don't know many species.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah and Kit and Lake and Tony and Maggie and Randall saying Bob white Man, it says California. Brody says Merns. The correct answer is Bob white quail. Their room did very well. I was Bob White quail are found in thirty nine states, ranging from New England to Mexico. They're classified as a non migratory bird, although there is one population in the Smoky Mountains that moves from low elevation wintering habitats to high elevation breeding habitats each year.
Speaker 3: That was a I could not afford to miss that one.
Speaker 2: There scaled scale blue gambles, I think all of Mexico. In our pre show banter we had Lake talk about the Bob white quail, so that was just a coincidence.
Speaker 3: Would have been real missed that one.
Speaker 5: I hope it was.
Speaker 1: Phil.
Speaker 2: We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: It's been a pretty good game, geez Max.
Speaker 9: Despite your declaration that Spencer invites you every week for comic relief, that's just not true. But you do at one point last place. Brody's coming out next with two points, but he is.
Speaker 2: Handsome, trying really hard, classic looking, well dressed, nice voice.
Speaker 9: Lake and Maggie are with three points, and we've got a four way tie for first currently between Sarah, Tony Randall, and Old Trapper Kate.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Question six. The topic is biology Hatch is a synonym for this word, which is defined as quote, a group of young birds that were all born at the same time. Okay, Brody lake Tony all quick answer this one. This is question six. The topic is biology. Hatch is a synonym for this word, which is defined as a group of young birds that were all born at the same time. Randall has now joined them with an answer, Randall, do you have this one right? Geez?
Speaker 5: I hope so, given how type this game.
Speaker 2: Is spencer four players with four points. Hatch is a synonym for this word, which is defined as a group of young birds that were all born at the same time. Handsome Maximus is struggling, though, Maximus, it looks good doing it. Word collar truth today.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call you Handsome Maximus from here on out.
Speaker 2: I'm ask you this all the time, Max, and I always forget the answer. Is it Maxwell? Maximus, Maximilian? What's the full name? Max? Just Max? Okay, but I wish it was like Maximus previous promise to catch is a synonym for this word, which is defined as a group of young birds that were all born at the same time. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah, I had, Kate says brood. Lake says clutch, Tony says brood, Maggie Brood, Randall Brood, Max Yearling, Brody says clutch. The correct answer is brewed. Look up, we'll see if that's if that's his defined as young bird.
Speaker 1: Clutch right away, and then I thought about it and I clutched.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look this up and see the.
Speaker 6: Problem is the clutches the eggs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was so confident that's the distinction.
Speaker 2: I think a group of eggs fertilized at the same time. Yeah, Nope, that's a clutch. That's what it says, clutches. We're gonna go Look.
Speaker 5: That's why I have a brood of chickens in my garage right now, not a clutch of chickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're probably not a clutch anymore once they're born again. This was a group of the young birds that were all born at the same time. I don't think we're going to give it to you, you said clutch. Animals that produce broods include birds, insects, reptiles, and amphibians. There are brood parasites, which are animals that trick other animals into raising their young. Some species that use this strategy include cowbirds, black headed ducks, mocho kid catfish, and cuckoo bumblebees. What's a black headed duck? Don't know? I think it's a South American thing. Question seven, the topic is gear. Next great question is via Frank Boda. This elk Call shares its name with a two Live Crew song. This elk Call shares its name with a two Live Crew song.
Speaker 3: Have no idea, right, I don't even know who two Live Crew is? Is it hip hop?
Speaker 2: Act? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What genre of music are we talking to?
Speaker 2: That's your only hint?
Speaker 5: Country in the West Miami Hurricanes teams, right, and they run around.
Speaker 4: With the.
Speaker 3: Know on this one.
Speaker 2: This elk Call shares its name with a two live Crew song.
Speaker 1: I'm weirdly confident of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tony knows it. Brody, you know this one? I only know one elk call that could it could? Okay, how much? Two Live Crew? What's what's your rolodex on their music?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm aware that they existed back in the day, all right.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you the name.
Speaker 5: I think they were one of the groups that, like Congress held here.
Speaker 2: Who's whose wife Senior's wife, George Senior's wife was She's.
Speaker 5: The one that Barbara was she the one that was possibly I think it was her. Yeah, that'd be right. It's because it's like the aren't these guys weren't they running around with like Michael Irvin and.
Speaker 2: The the You. I don't know that. You're probably right.
Speaker 3: You're encouraging my answer with your comments.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. They were the main fixture in the Miami hip hop scene. It says, is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah Kate saying bugle, Tony and Tony say Hoochie Mama. Maggie says bugle, Randall says Hoochie Mama, Max says ye, and Brody says mama. The correct answer is the primos Uchi Mama has been on the market for over twenty years. It's so popular that I found a Hunting Forum post from two thousand and five that declared, elk are getting used to its sound now. Normally, when I reference a song on the show, we play it. But Clay Nucomb would quit if I put that out over our airwaves, So you'll have to go listen to the nineteen ninety five hit Huci Mama on your Own.
Speaker 9: On the live tour, I witnessed Randall play some Chief Keith for Clay. I've never seen a look in Alan's eyes and then Clay Clay turns to Randall and goes, you actually listen to this like you enjoy it, Like I remember whenever.
Speaker 1: I hear that song.
Speaker 5: Whenever I hear that song, I.
Speaker 1: Remember a song love Sosa.
Speaker 5: Okay, I remember just Clay looking at me and thing. So you you listen to this shock Chief Keith.
Speaker 2: He was he was busted for pot in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota airport. Oh yeah, recently. What was he doing in this Falls South?
Speaker 7: The coat?
Speaker 2: We're on to question eight. The topic is cooking. This seven letter word is defined to ask quote a piece of fruit, vegetable or meat that is coated in batter and deep fried. This is question eight. We'll get another scoreboard update from Phil after this. This seven letter word is defined as a piece of fruit, vegetable, or meat that is coated in batter and deep fried. Sarah, you have this one right, very quick to answer, pretty confident. Randal, you have this one right.
Speaker 5: Seven letters Can they do describe what this question asked.
Speaker 2: For A piece of fruit, vegetable or meat that is coated in batter and deep fried. What do you got? Max?
Speaker 5: You're is this question?
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 2: This is question a Mississippi bro.
Speaker 3: They don't call it stuff.
Speaker 2: We just cry. I'm really curious she's doing this to fruit.
Speaker 6: That is a good question.
Speaker 2: Seven letters were talking. Define it as a piece of fruit vegetables.
Speaker 8: I think it is not worth just about any Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's out there deep frying like.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Seven letter words, as I spelt it is defined as a piece of fruit, vegetable or meat that is coated in battery and deep.
Speaker 3: This is whatever is not right.
Speaker 2: Our Southern representative Lake is struggling on. He's too close to the subject matter. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: They're gonna you're gonna say what the answer is. I'm gonna be like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I like my answer anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: Seven. A piece of fruit, vegetable or meat that is coated in batter and deep fried. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answer. We have Sarah saying tempura, Kate says breaded nuggets, Tony says breaded. Maggie says tempura, Randall same answer, Max says chis lick, and Brody without an answer. Nobody got it. The correct answer is fritter. Oh, a fritter. I've got a.
Speaker 7: Typically like multiple pieces bound together. Yeah, it's not like one chunk.
Speaker 5: Spencer has a source for this very specific.
Speaker 1: Nobody got it, No one got it.
Speaker 2: Fritters can feature almost anything from apples to clams, to corn to ham. For a fishy preparation, check out our recipes on the meat eater dot com called fish fritters or smoked trout fritters.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's little pieces of fish rolled into balls. It's not a piece of fish that would be a fish temper.
Speaker 2: We're not going to give it a look up a definition.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying I think your definition of fritter is incorrect.
Speaker 2: Bill is going to give us a scoreboard.
Speaker 7: I just don't agree.
Speaker 9: Here we are, we have some people have pulled ahead one of but one of those people is not Max. Brody Uh has three points, Sarah mag four points a piece, Caitlin has five, and tied up in first place are Tony Peterson and Randall Williams with six points.
Speaker 2: The tempura definition is a Japanese dish of fish, shellfish, or vegetables fried in batter. They do not include fruit in there. No one got it right.
Speaker 5: Also wondering if temper is technically deep fried it is okay, christ I never worked at it.
Speaker 2: In the definition it was deed. Question nine the topic is woodsmanship. Name two of the three months with the most tornadoes in the United States according to the Weather Channel. Name two of the three months with the most tornadoes in the United States according to the Weather Channel. Ron question nine, quick answers in the room.
Speaker 7: At least I know my months.
Speaker 2: Find out if you do know how many of them?
Speaker 1: How many last time I checked?
Speaker 7: Ten?
Speaker 2: Name two of the three months with the most tornadoes in the United States according to the Weather Channel.
Speaker 6: Anything you write down to one and twelve?
Speaker 2: Chance, I know she has a point.
Speaker 8: Well, I can't read down the same month though.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 8: I mean you could, Maggie, Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Sarah saying August and September. Kate says April, May, Lake says October, November, Tony says April May, Maggie says July, August, Randall says April, May, Max says July, August, Brody says May June. The three months are April, May, and June, so the room did fairly well. According to data from two thousand and four to twenty twenty three, May is the most dangerous month for tornadoes, followed by April and June. Fifty two percent of the country's tornadoes occur in this stretch. The least dangerous months are December, January, and February. Get another scoreboard update before question ten.
Speaker 9: It's still tied up. Tony and Randall have seven points a piece, and the only other players still left in the game is Caitlin.
Speaker 5: With six questions, Tony and I both get this right, we'll go to overtime.
Speaker 2: If we get this wrong, we'll both go to overtime. Good yes, my good job, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Question ten.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to build the suspense for listeners at home.
Speaker 2: The topic is public lands. The nineteen sixty seven Patterson Gimlin film that depicts a bigfoot was shot on the Six Rivers National Forest in this state. The nineteen sixty seven Patterson Gimlin film that depicts a bigfoot was shot on the Six Rivers National Forest in this state, Randall and Tony are tied. Caitlyn is one point behind.
Speaker 1: M A. L.
Speaker 2: Mary nineteen sixty seven. Patterson Gimlin film that depicts a Bigfoot was shot on the Six Rivers National Forest in this state. Yeah, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 1: Randall?
Speaker 3: Feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm entirely confident, right. How about you, Tony?
Speaker 8: I feel regionally confident in state specific not confident, okay.
Speaker 2: Nineteen sixty seven, Patterson Gimlin film that depicts a Bigfoot was shot on the Six Rivers National Forest in this state. How about you, Kate? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I'm in the same boat as Tony.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's everybody ready. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying Washington. Kate says Washington. Oh No, Lake says Maine. Tony says Orgon. Maggie says Washington, Randall says Oregon. Max says Washington, Brody says Washington. Oh boy, the correct answer is California.
Speaker 4: No one.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh geez. The Patterson Gimlin film is considered the most famous footage of Bigfoot that exists. It supposedly shows a female Sasquatch walking along Bluff Creek that's located thirty eight miles south of Oregon in eighteen miles east of the Pacific Ocean. In nineteen ninety eight, a man came forward and confessed he was the person in the Bigfoot costume, and in two thousand and two another man went public saying he created the gorilla suit, but Bob Gimlin denies that the film was a hoax. Here is a remastered version of that footage. Take it away film. That is the Paterson Gimlin footage from nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 3: It straight up, just a dude, it's I don't know what you're talking about. Man, it looks legit.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to overtime, play the drop phill.
Speaker 9: Time I got the lights now.
Speaker 5: This is one of those two scenarios I mentioned.
Speaker 4: If you ain't last and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I never liked it a phil off Man.
Speaker 2: The tie breaking topic is hunting, and this will be a numerical question. However, is closest between Tony and Randall will be declared the winner. But the rest of the room is going to play along as well, because if somebody gets it right on the nose meat eater will add an extra one hundred dollars to the donation at the end of the game. What is the average grain weight of thirty odd six Springfield AMMO? That's available at best pro shops. Average average this. I looked at sixty three offerings that they have and I took the average grain weight.
Speaker 5: So you're not looking for a specific bullet weight. You're looking for just if you add all those up.
Speaker 2: And then divided by sixty three.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, Yes, that's a weird way of doing it.
Speaker 2: What is the average the mode of thirty odd six Springfield ammo?
Speaker 3: This is more fun.
Speaker 2: It's available at bass pro shops. Getting down to Tony and Randall, who both have seven correct answers, they nailed the Shelby index, but the rest of the room is playing along as well. Tony doesn't kill a lot of things with a rifle. What what cartridge do you use when you do?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Uh, you seem like a thirty odd six man.
Speaker 1: I don't have a thirty odd six.
Speaker 8: I have a three to eight and a two forty three, and I am very light on rifle kills.
Speaker 2: It's so so your daughters can shoot those guns as well.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's right right.
Speaker 2: Randall, on the other hand, I imagine he owns just a full gun case of thirty odd sixes.
Speaker 5: I've actually never owned a thirty odds.
Speaker 2: One now, okay, shame on, yeah, un american. What is the average grain weight of thirty on six springfield animal that's available at bass pro shops? And this was looking at sixty three of their offerings. Tony very quick to answer, he's not going to revisit his wife board and he's going with his gut on this one.
Speaker 1: And math is really my strong suit. So I think I got this, okay.
Speaker 6: I like how Randall was like, are we talking mean media or mode? And Tony's like, I don't even know what those words are.
Speaker 8: I just thought it was the smallest one I could think of and the biggest.
Speaker 2: And here you go, fricking okay with the difference, And now Randall has gone back to his Then I.
Speaker 1: Added five, right, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sarah saying two oh five, Kate says one to seventy, Lake says one thirty, Tony says one fifty five, Maggie says one forty three. Randall says one sixty six. Max says one twenty three. Brody says one seventy. Somebody has it right on the nose.
Speaker 3: Wait for it to be me.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is one hundred sixty six grain. After disliking the question and never owning a thirty odd six, somehow put it right on the money to be specific, one sixty six point three.
Speaker 5: My goodness, an.
Speaker 2: Extra one hundred dollars donation at the end of the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There are sixty three offerings of thirty odd six AMO at bass Pro. The most common are one hundred and fifty grain, one hundred eighty grain, and one hundred sixty five grain. The lightest is one hundred twenty five grain, and the heaviest is two hundred twenty grain. Randa, what are you gonna do with your six hundred dollars donation today? One sixty six? That's that's very impressive. How would you arrive at that number?
Speaker 5: Well, I went from one sixty three to one sixty six there, uh figure at the high we're looking at one eighties. Low end, we're looking at like a one to fifty one fifty five grain. I figured the actual the mode was probably round one sixty five, and then I just I'm sure there's a one seventy eight grain mixed in there. I think Quaranty's Precision Hunters loaded one sixty eight grain in the thirty at six.
Speaker 2: So anyway, six hundred dollars donators, I like my six.
Speaker 5: Hundred dollars donation to go towards backcountry hunters and anglers because, as we all know, there's a lot of really stupid, stupid things being proposed by stupid, bad people when it comes to our public lands. And I know Cal has been beating the drum and he hasn't been sleeping well lately.
Speaker 3: So maybe with.
Speaker 5: Another six hundred dollars in the war chest at BHA can ease his mind. He can ease his mind a little bit.
Speaker 2: Six hundred dollars. H fight in the good fight. Thanks for joining us, Like thanks for joining us, Caitlin. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 2: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks and he's an avid amateur lockhouse