Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to.
Speaker 2: There's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 3: Boosmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The color Guard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk for col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of co erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives can occur.
Speaker 2: Colordgard is available by prescription only.
Speaker 3: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot Com to join their nationwide five G network.
Speaker 2: Today, y'all know who I am.
Speaker 3: I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, that guy at the bottom, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Honoree Pro boler Allpro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button. Tell family, friends and loved ones to do likewise and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to personally thank you again for your continued and loyal support, because without you, there can be no unkin Oho Nightcap. So thank you again for your continued support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock twenty twenty five. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Now, if you cannot FI an a city or a state near you, trust me, we are coming to a city or a state near you, but ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. And one more thing. On two more things, please drink responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Everything is restocked. We just dropped our Super Bowl show shirt and hat. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please order yours now. Thank you again for your support. We've got two guests joining us a little later, O Joe. We got Lamart Rose Junior who had a majority draw with Jamonte Tank Davis and o si A Diggazua. He's gonna join us. Just signed a big contract with the Dallas Cowboys, so he's staying for another four years. Got great money up and comer. But first I got a hold on all On. I got a question. I got a question before we get into the show.
Speaker 5: And you think Lamar roach right, you think he'll fight me if I asked him like I'm just before before he comes on.
Speaker 2: I just want to know for you mean, will he beat you? Yes? Be who? Hey?
Speaker 1: You don't have no belief in in your co host.
Speaker 3: The homie, the homie Max Max Maxwell got you right?
Speaker 5: No, he got a knock down. There's a difference, that's what that's.
Speaker 3: He ain't he touching Lamar gon put them punches. You see, Lamar, how you putting them punches together?
Speaker 2: On take? You're not used to seeing punches?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am you.
Speaker 5: Sam. You're saying I've been fighting the past six years. So I'm gonna ask him. I'm gonna ask him.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no no. Sparring is different than fighting. It's just like somebody else. It's like with somebody a receiver and they go out there and they're not used that ball gets up on him quick and hit them all them side the head. That ain't gonna happen to men hit you all the side your head.
Speaker 2: But you know what, who do you come to the show? We'll ask him.
Speaker 3: Lebron James became the first player to score fifty thousand career points when you combine regular season and postseason. He has forty one thousand, eight hundred and seventy one points in the regular season. He has eighty one hundred and sixty two points in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: He also became the oldest player to ever be named conference player of the month. He was named Western Conference Player of the Month. He has he averaged twenty nine point three points a game, ten point five rebounds a game and seven assists, and the Lakers went twelve to two. In that span, Lebron James fifty thousand career points, the most Conference players of the month, most Conference players of the week. That's what Lebron James done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he's done. And he's also done a great thing for me. I know you've been a huge fan. You've you've been highly respectful of Yeah, complimentary of what he's done about Yeah, complimentary of what he's done throughout his twenty two year career. And listen, I asked a request. I sent a Twitter and this is this is the power of Twitter. This is how great Twitter is. I said, listen, Lebron, can I get that fifty thousand point ball when you hit when you hit that milestone. He didn't respond to me, but he got in touch with Doug. He got in touch with Doug, Doug sending the address and Lebron sent me.
Speaker 1: The fifth the ball. Did he send me the ball?
Speaker 2: Right? But hold on? Not only.
Speaker 5: Huh, yeah, he signed it. Let me finish, Let me finish. Not only did he send me the ball? Listen, chat, listen, I'm trying not to get more ship. I'm trying not to get emotional, right because something like this. He sent a note with it, and this is what really touched me. This is what it really touched me. Chat Listen to me real quick. This this means a lot to me. On the note along with the ball, he said, o Jo, I'm passing my fifty K fifty K point ball to you. You've been a legend in your own right, and your energy, passion and love for the game has always inspired me. This ball represents everything I worked for, and I want you to have it as a token of respect for your grind and the way you've embrace everything you do because nothing is given, everything is earned.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. I appreciate you, bro, Keep being great.
Speaker 6: Love Lebron, and he signed it for me. You see can you see you? He said, you put Kenny days.
Speaker 3: It seems like when he spelled James he almost forgot how to spell his last name.
Speaker 7: Or that that's because he left handed so right, a little different. But I just try to figure out how you get all these mouths done. You got the forty K ball, got fifty K.
Speaker 1: I got both, y'all. I got Hey, Lebron, I know you don't see this Blake.
Speaker 5: Listen, I appreciate you, and I promise I won't get emotional, but it's hard to hold back tiers man, especially for for you to reach your milestone like this and want to give me the ball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That means a lot to me, to my.
Speaker 5: Family, and if at any point in life, I doubt it's gonna happen, if I'm ever on hard times, this will definitely come in handy.
Speaker 2: I love you. If you have a hard time, you go, you go give it up.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna have no choice.
Speaker 5: Sure, I ain't gonna choice, like like like a chick on like a chick on prom night that senior year. Get it right up, you get it up, giving it up? Hey but lebron, Hey, real talk boy. I love you, I appreciate you, and this is going. This is going in the case fifty K baby, King James.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people really understand what it's like to be great for that length of time. Yeah, man, I mean basically since he set foot in the NBA, since he was eighteen years old. Yes he's forty now he's been great. Yeah, he's been great. I mean you can have all the criticism you can want. I mean, you can nitpick. You want to say if there's a game he should have shot instead of passed, or if you want to say where he should have did this instead of that, Right, but there's no denying his greatness for such an extended period of time. You can book in, you can say, oh, he was great here, he was great there, But you color all in between eighteen and forty, and it's colored with greatness.
Speaker 2: Right, he's been.
Speaker 3: It's remarkable and I'm not sure we'll ever see it again. Somebody play at this level, I mean, yeah, they're gonna be player that. I mean, you can look at Luca. Luca can average what Lebron average can get you rebounds and assist. But do we believe Luca's gonna be doing this and you're fifteen year twenty?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 3: Are we sure somebody else is gonna be able to come along, oh Joe and play this long? They might have a stretch, a eight year, a ten year, or even a fifteen year stretch. Right, but when you extrapolate what he's been able to do for such a long period of time, at the level in which he's been able to do it, man, it's a beautiful thing to watch. Like I said, I got an opportunity to watch Jordan his entire career. I watched Kobe his entire career. But this is this is remarkable. This is remarkable what Lebron has been able to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's why I'm getting emotional because it means so much to me, especially for a miles to achieve a milestone like this and to be willing to give that up, you know, so I could have it. I mean, I don't really never get you know, I really get gifts people really give me. I'm normally no, I'm normally to give us. So to get something like this, Man, Lebron, I know you probably watching. I appreciate you, bro were You're a real one.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: I don't care what they say about you.
Speaker 2: It just goes to show you.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if Lebron, because Luca is really the only guy that Lebron is truly trusted to have the ball exclusively in his hands. Yes, sir, Now we go back and says, you know what, if Lebron had somebody he trusted and he didn't have to have the rock in his hand, and he can do what he's doing now, spot up, he can get to the high. He can get to the high point the high pick and roll, or he can do whatever.
Speaker 2: He can flash, he can cut. You see what he's doing at forty.
Speaker 3: So imagine Lebron at twenty five and thirty and he has a Luca that he doesn't have to worry about sitting him up, He doesn't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: Running the offense.
Speaker 3: Luca can do everything that Lebron does, and Lebron gets to focus on just this. Yes, what do you think his numbers would have been? So now he doesn't have to worry about facilitating. Now his assist total might be a little lower because he's not going to have the ball in his hand.
Speaker 2: Primarily that's gonna go to Luca.
Speaker 3: Right, but you see scoring and the and the percentage in which he's shooting. Go back and look at since Lucas arrived. Look at his three point field goal percentage, Look at his field goal percentage, look at his point total. Everything is increased because you know what a lot has been taken off. If it's plate o Joe, he doesn't have to worry about facilitating for everybody, He doesn't have to worry about all that other stuff. He can just say Lukah you have that. Let me say, let me get like three runouts of game. Let me give a couple of dives to the baskets. I hit a couple of threes. Hell that damn near twenty right there. But it's it's been unbelievable to watch. And like I said, I'm old enough to remember a lot of the great players. I saw magic, never saw I saw magic in person one. But most of the times I mean to see bird and magic and a cheam and all these great players and now the step curves, the kd's and all that stuff. To see these guys play Lebron Kobe shot. I don't think we see somebody else get fifty thousand, Oh, Joe, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Oh your Here is what we're saying.
Speaker 3: We're under the assumption, huh, we're under the assumption that he stops playing. Who's to say this thing is not gonna be fifty two fifty three thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he can keep going, especially when Luke ad to him. Now you know, Luca could take it, take a play another two three oh yeah, easily. He could easily play another two to three years. The question is, he says, keeping his mind sharp because he's been sold to that routine, and I don't believe Savannah is putting the pressure on, like hey baby, you need to come home.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like no, because you're like, hey, bro, I know what you like when you when you home, he gonna be moody as hell. So I can see Lebron legitimately, Oh Joe. I can see him playing another two to three years, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen. But at the level that he's playing at, he played at extremely high level. It's great to see, Oh Joe. Jennie Buss says, Anthony Davis wasn't happy. We have we we have lost the last three years in a road to the Denver Nuggets in the playoffs, and we really didn't have anything that was going to look different going into the playoffs. Again, Anthony Davis was complaining about where he's being played and he wasn't happy. So I think this was a positive for both teams. They got what they were looking for and we got what we were looking for.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. Do you believe that was fair for Jeanie to say, I mean no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean well kind of kind of to give him a reason.
Speaker 3: Remember, you like for people to be honest, You like for people to say that.
Speaker 5: I like for him to be honest, and that that was very transparent. That is why, that's why the deal was made. Listen, eight eighty wasn't happy. Obviously, he didn't show any type of emotion. He didn't he didn't show that any signs of him being unhappy, especially on the courting what I didn't did what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 1: But if you if you're not happy and you.
Speaker 5: Keep thinking behind closed doors internally, this is what you get.
Speaker 1: They ain't give you your wish. Now you got your wish.
Speaker 5: Just so happened that Luca became available and it worked in the Lakers favor.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not happy.
Speaker 5: Look, we're gonna do your We're gonna we're gonna do your solid young boy, we're gonna see you over the Dallas and Luke we're gonna come over here and both parties happy. I'm sure I'm sure he's happy now. Well, I mean outside of being injured. Outside of being injured.
Speaker 3: Me and I'm try to be like eighty, wasn't asking you to go get enjoyl and be the cold yo kicch Yes, just giving him an able bodied person so he could slide to the four a little bit. And then the last five minutes of the game, y'all play the five. Okay, you don't like being best years he had it with Bugi. Yeah, Boogie was at the five, AD was at the four. If you're about to look at JaVale McGee at the five, Dwight Howard at the five, a d at the four. But when it came down the crunch time, Ad slid to the five A lot of times. Lebron was the four man, but he played the point that was okay, but here's the kicker, o Joe. In order for this deal to get consummated, a D had to waive there's no trade clause. Yeah, yeah, everything, she's everything Jeannie Buss said. Could be true, yes, sir, but considering the man could have held this thing up and Nico probably takes this deal to somebody else, just keep that behind.
Speaker 5: Closed doors, okay, okay, okay, well, well and listen at this point, this is good. Maybe maybe we get more owners being transparent and being honest and coming out and saying, well, this individual wasn't happy, So we granted them exactly what they wanted, and ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: It probably it's hard for me now, it's hard for me to see a scenario, O Joe where this wasn't conveyed to them at some point in time in the process.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come. When he was at the Pelicans, yes for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay for sure, because if you go back, if you go back to look at it, they had the JaVale McGee and Dwight Howard. AD's first year there, they won the championship, and you blow that up? Why would you not? And I get it. I mean, like I said, I don't think a d was asking for a I need a top five center. He just means somebody that could eat up the minutes so he doesn't wear himself down trying to bang with yo, trying to bang with him, be trying to bang with those big bodies. Let those guys now the last five minutes I got you. Don't even worry about it. I got you the last five.
Speaker 2: Let me add it.
Speaker 3: I don't really think I don't really think that's a bad thing to say. Yeah, he said it on several occasions. He's last interview. I don't know if it was Dave Mcmanhamon or Sham's, but he said, you know, hey, I would like to have a five.
Speaker 2: I think that's all we missing five.
Speaker 3: Let me slide to four the last five minutes of the game at Yeah, I just think the thing is for me me personally, Like I said, Hey, everybody's entirely toward their opinion. I think, but Ad being as class as he was, because he could have held it up and said, now I ain't waiting for my trade clause I came to La. I'm gonna stay in La and then now Luca's maybe somewhere, so the trade doesn't happen. Now you get a bona fide superstar for the next ten years in Luca. So, like I said, I just some situations. Oho, it is okay. It is okay for you to just sit on the truth. It doesn't hurt anybody if she keeps this. Ohoe is anybody harmed if she keeps this? Because the way she says that, it makes it seem like, well, we were kind of looking to trade Ad because he was starting to complain and came started to become an issue.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, I just think of a situation like that.
Speaker 3: Just sit on that information, you know it, and that's a that's how you feel. Got no problem with that. But it's okay if everything is not is not brought up, everything is not mentioned because a D's played, well, yeah he's.
Speaker 2: Been he nicked a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I mean, but and uh, it ain't no harm and losing to you talking about one of the great players, and we're gonna it's gonna all see what it's all said done. We'll see what NICOLEA Yoak is drank. But y'all make it seem who the hell y'all think. I mean, the Lakers puts put somebody out every year. The Celtics were putting people out every year. George was putting people every year. When it's all said and done, Yoak, it's gonna be gonna be up there. He has three m vps in a four years. Fan he's probably gonna finish second this year. Who have to say he doesn't win another one or another two or wins another championship. So losing to nicolea Jokic bad, right, That's like Toronto said, man, every year, man, we lost to Lebron.
Speaker 2: Really do what y'all feel bad about? Lose to Lebron every year, right.
Speaker 3: A lot of people lost to Lebron or losing the staff, or losing to one of these other great players over a stending period of time. There is nothing wrong with that. Joining us now fought to a majority draw Saturday night. It doesn't look like he's too pleased with that. And there are a lot of people on social media that actually thought he won that fight. Joining us Lamart Roach, Junior Lamont, How you doing, bro?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm good man. Thanks for having me. I feel real good.
Speaker 3: No, thanks for having thanks for joining us. Take us through Saturday and you go into that fight. You move up five files, you're one to thirty five, and you move up and you feeling I mean, everybody's that man. Ain't No, he got no chance. Tank told you a couple of days earlier. He goes, hey, you're not going the distance, y'all shake very little, two fifty.
Speaker 2: Whatever the case may be. You going to that fight.
Speaker 3: You know, tanks the slow starter builds up as the fight progresses. Know he's trying to land, hook to the body, come up top with it. What was your process, What were going into that fight, how did you want to fight? And did the fight turn out the way you thought it would?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Honestly, yeah, the fight, the fight when exactly how we planned it to go.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you know, Uh, we're familiar with him. We've been familiar with him.
Speaker 5: Uh. We just knew it was a matter of time for everything to fall into play. And back to the whole everybody not giving me a shot saying I'm gonna get knocked out and all this and all that. I know what I'm cabble with and I know what I could do. Like they just in the nut show they have, they had me totally messed up, and especially when he bet me saying he's gonna stop me, what do it do?
Speaker 1: I told him himself, I said, you tripping. I said, I don't know what got into your head these last couple of minutes, few day, whatever the case on you tripping. You know you're not gonna do that, dude. I don't know why I told him that. I know you know you're not gonna do that. Cut it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, listen, when you talk about you're very familiar with him, and I understand you and your team.
Speaker 1: You went into the fight with a game plan. Is it familiarity the.
Speaker 5: Fact that you guys probably trained together in the past, or you've been in camp together in the past, you spared together.
Speaker 1: Is that why you were so familiar And whatever.
Speaker 5: Game plan your team did have and we're able to execute, is that why it went so well?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's one of the many reasons why I went so well. Even though we were kids. You know, some of them traits, characteristics and just ways of a man who like grew with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, uh, you know some of the some of the like some of the dirty tactics. I knew that he'd you know, revert to that when that pressure built up, when somebody that was there that wasn't scared of, when somebody was there that was there to return firing. And you know what I'm saying, he ain't been in the ring in his professional career. He hasn't been in the ring, or something like that or something like accountable what I got back, So what I thought, obviously watching the fight, and when I look at all his tape fights, most of us happened.
Speaker 1: Obviously. He starts slow, and then round five six he started to pick it up.
Speaker 5: A little bit, and by the time as he's picking it up normally his opponent is deteriorating, thinkingdition ain't we're supposed to be. But I'm looking at you. They get to a round six and seven and he coming forward and you ain't even you not even moving.
Speaker 1: So at that point, y'all men range and you sitting in the pocket.
Speaker 5: And most of the time when he hit somebody, they retreat, but you get you took one to give one.
Speaker 1: I'm like what he boy?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, so did the power not affect you in any way where you didn't really care? We just sat in the pocket with him in exchange because most of the time, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Got to be cautious.
Speaker 5: You gotta be cautious because when throwing punches, you know you got a chance to get hit, you know, when you're letting go.
Speaker 1: Did you not care at all? Or did you feel his power early? And really one world.
Speaker 5: About it, So it wasn't that I wasn't I wasn't caring. Uh, I was cautious, Like you said, I was cautious. But but the defense, the defense is there, and the confidence was was through the roof h and I got a change, you keep a spade to spade, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I see why he knocked people out. I'm not gonna say the power is overrated. But I've been in there with guys who could punch. I mean, like with guys who can punch. So it's like it's it's nothing. It was nothing new to me. I've been in there with middleweight champions. I've been in there with junior middleweight champions, I mean like as they were champion in their prime and stuff like that. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like I was confident and what I could do defensively, and if I get hit, I.
Speaker 1: Know I know I was gonna give it right back.
Speaker 5: Right, So listen, in the ninth round, I'm sorry, you know, I you know, I get excited about but listen, hey, young boy. And in the ninth round, you know, Jamonte took a knee. Obviously there's some controversy behind that. It wasn't rule to knockdown by the referee. I've never seen that ever. And then my years of watching a you know, watching boxing, andy and joying the sport of combat sports in general, did that moment impact your strategy for the remainder of the fight. I'm gonna say no, and let me tell you why. Yeah, the simple fact that he took the knee is is it was really a boost because it's like, all right, it's okay, all right, what we're doing is working. We know that he looking for some It should have been a knock down one.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm yelling at the referee, like, keep counting, like you tripping, keep counting.
Speaker 5: That's a knocking because if y'all didn't notice he started the count, he started the count.
Speaker 2: He did cut it, and then he stopped.
Speaker 5: Yes, he started, okay, So so when we resumed the action, I'm like, what you doing?
Speaker 1: Keep counting? Like you can't do that?
Speaker 5: Right, So and then it wasn't even registering or processing through my mind. The other rules to the simple fact that he could have got disqualified for having his.
Speaker 1: Corner come up to the ring and assystem doing around, or.
Speaker 5: You can't do that, or he can't turn his back on the like doing the that's cause for it.
Speaker 1: That's that's the wave it all. He took a knee and then turned around and went to the corner breadthord usually turning turn stop the fight. Oh I ain't, I ain't. I ain't know that.
Speaker 3: I'm watching you a lot of times when when people hit Tank, like was saying they retreat, But it seemed like you had a strategy like if he hit me, I'm gonna hit his ass back just just as many times as he hit me. And I don't think he expected you to return to kind of five that you returned.
Speaker 2: Because you wabbled him a couple of times.
Speaker 3: And I'm not so sure that I've seen Tank wobble, like when you called him a couple of times and you were getting through the guard. I mean, hey, normally a south Fall fighter that lead right is a home run right down and right down Broad Street. And you kept touching him with.
Speaker 1: It, for sure. Uh, it was one of the it was one of the many things that we trained for. Uh. Obviously he happy.
Speaker 5: Go lucky with his left and and been working for his whole career. He's been knocking these dudes out, so you know, we've been training. We were just sitting on the left being able to working on counter and working on you know, being able to block and come back. And we had some pretty fast guys and then we had some pretty strong guys that I had to, you know, uh, switch rounds with every like you know, every sponse, just so you know we was ready. We was prepared. And like you said, them dudes wasn't really really cracking him back, and I was really throwing that fire at him, and the accuracy was really probably pissed them off to Yeah, and the fact that I was busy, it's like this ain't stopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you did an unbelievable job of keeping the pace up. Like Ochre said, he's a guy that likes to start slow so he have some energy reserved.
Speaker 2: So when he.
Speaker 3: Comes out from five through twelve, he's like, I got a lot left. I know, I ain't really spent no gas. Hey, I've just been coos and now I've been on electric goal. Now I got this fire, got this gas in the tank. I'm in the unleashed. But it meant you met fire with fire. And I've heard Floyd say that like when he went into a fight, he never watched tape on the guy that he was fighting. He left that up to his corner to watch the fight and then tell him instructions. He would take all that information and then once he got into the ring.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Do you watch fight?
Speaker 3: Do you when you going against a fighter, do you watch them or you leave that up to your corner to watch and then give you an instruction of what you should do.
Speaker 5: I don't watch them a lot. I'm just so, I just so happened to be a boxing fan. That the fact that I do watch him fight, You know what I'm saying, Like I really like boxing, he is, uh, he's just somebody to watch the inspected creed knockout all this skilled guy, like one of the one and better powerful pound fighters. I like watching good fights, so I do know some of his tendencies. But to study him, uh not really. I left it up to my dad. But one time, one day, like one day in camp, we did sit down and watch a few of his fights back to back. Mm hmm, hey, listen, Tank Tank. His publicly express interests obviously in a rematch. I'm you want to rematch as well? Are you open to immediate rematch or do you have a you don't need a tune up? Do you have a tune up fight just to just to keep yourself going, y'all? Running right back, immediate, immediate and just to let y'all know, like in my contract, immediate rematch was signed. I signed for the immediate rematch when I signed for the first fight, just in case. He so, just in case it was a draw, so I put that close in there. They put the rematch clause in this, so I already signed the rematch close.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So when you got a rematch clause? How long we taken? How long is the break before you start training again?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it six months from now? Is?
Speaker 5: It's up to the E side and when they want to fight. So I'm thinking it's gonna be soon. I'm hoping it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: So let's say that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm saying from a boxing standpoint, is a boxer, what is soon to you? I mean when you say soon to me, I'm thinking the month. I know that.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking. I'm thinking of your life, yourly for sure, okay.
Speaker 3: But if I'm not, if I'm not mistaken, Lamar, I think I read something that he reached out to the Lima Chico side and.
Speaker 2: See if they were interested. Did you did you read that?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 2: Did you see that?
Speaker 1: I did see that?
Speaker 5: But you can't he got he can't believe everything you see and if it is, if it is true, then you know that would be funny. But I'm pretty sure the rematch happens, and I'm I'm pretty sure that's the next fight.
Speaker 3: For both bus But let me ask you this, would you be interested? Go ahead, I'm just would you be interested in fighting lom or to your female low.
Speaker 2: Pays for me?
Speaker 5: Hold up chair chair, Hey Chad, Hey, if I don't know if you're seeing me fight Saturday, I really think yeah, I was there, I would there. Listen. I've been studying you for years.
Speaker 2: You hear me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can listen.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I don't have the time, but I could tell your tendencies right now, round one through seven. Okay, So if we was getting there as spar right now, I can tell you what you're gonna do by looking at your feet when you when you when you got your hand down by your hip already and you step forward, you're gonna fink No, it ain't gonna keys.
Speaker 1: Listen. I've been studying you.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 5: So if you want to spa at any point, if you get ready for the next I think I seen you work your south yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got hands.
Speaker 3: I'm like, come on, listen, they.
Speaker 5: Lamon where I'm from, they call me Hella hands. Yeah, they called me Helans.
Speaker 1: But listen.
Speaker 5: I reflecting on your performance right in that fight, Bro, I don't know, your game plan was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Everything you did you executed from round one all the way to twelve.
Speaker 5: After you have a fight like that and you put on a show like that, what aspects?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, what's how many? How do you improve off of that?
Speaker 5: Because they if you would have grade your performance that night, you get an A plus. So when you go back, what do you go back and work on after putting on a goddamn show like that? Man, just just just going on. See my thing is I always want to get better all the time, no matter if I do have a good performance or not. I just go out and I watched the tape and see what what he do. Obviously, if whatever he come with the next one that we just gotta capitalize. We're gonna add to what worse. If it ain't if it ain't broke, don't fix. But we're gonna just we're gonna add to it. We're gonna build. We're gonna build, We're gonna build. Might try to you know, pick it up so we can see if we can get that stop at jill. Now you know what I'm saying. Never No, that's how you capitalize. That's yeah, boy, your condition was on point, broy.
Speaker 2: It was those point.
Speaker 1: Fighter man fifteen round fighter over here man for real? For sure they can't on thirteen fourteen rounds?
Speaker 2: Wait with time and no time? No what time?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 5: With ok ok ok ok o k k ok okay okay, cause you know I did twenty two rounds no clock, right.
Speaker 1: Chall We're gonna get you a camp. Maybe you can get me ready for there. Ay, matter of fact, bring me the camp. I ain't gonna charge you. I ain't gonna ain't gonna charge you.
Speaker 5: I you are you four rounds unless somebody else go fall and not come back for another fold forre exchange, no robbery. I like that all right, bet man, Lamar, will you put man?
Speaker 3: Don't beat him up too bad because I need it, but I need it for nightcap. I don't wanted to come back and talk about slurry. I don't want him to come back talk to like it' gonna be all right. It's gonna be I think I think gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Cause your getting body blows. Don't don't getting body blows. I'm good, good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: My defense, my defense is my offense. I ain't gonna get hit.
Speaker 3: I'm like a lot of times when guys win and they get a rematch, they're like, well, I don't have anything to improve a pun and that they run into a problem because you had a draw. Do you can you go back and say, you know what, in this situation here, I should have did this instead of that, and I might have been able to land something. Is that how you go back and approach the fight because you didn't get to win, and so you're like, well, I didn't get to win. I didn't lose technically, but I didn't win either. And I think of a fighter, you know, draws and times that ain't what we do it for. We want to be winning. We want to be on the top spot. And because you didn't land on the top spot, you feel that, you know what, go back and watch this fight through twelve rounds. Maybe if I pick it up through the first three or four rounds, maybe that's a round of two that I win. And we don't even have this discussion at the end because it looked like they gave you round twelve.
Speaker 2: Had you not won round twelve, he.
Speaker 5: Would have wanted to fight, which is sad. Honestly, So to me, I thought I wanted to fight. Clearly, I thought I want to close fight. I thought I want a very competitive fight. I'm not saying I steamrolled them or whatever, but to me, I think I want to fight now. Granted, ninth round should have been called a knockdown. Two judges on the official score cards gave him the round ten to nine. If that was a knockdown, I went around ten eight. That's a three point swing. I would win a unanimous decision, correct. So you gotta take all of that into account. It's three ways that. It's three things that could have happened in that ninth round alone with that knee, it could have been a ten round scored. A knockdown, could have been a disqualification, or I could have won by TKL.
Speaker 1: So, honestly, when you look.
Speaker 5: At that and you say I gotta draw against the number one spectacle in America, a poundful pound talent and a guy with a ninety knock our ratio, you look at it and like, okay, if you got to draw more than likely use for us to win that night. So even though I didn't get to win, I'm not a moral victory guy. I'm pissed that I didn't win, honestly, right, exactly, I'm pissed that I didn't win.
Speaker 1: But I really think that that I should have.
Speaker 5: A lot of people think that I should have, and the rematch is just gonna make it worse for him because I gotta rip it up. Like you said, I gotta do something. I gotta do something. I got to pick it up somewhere to turn this around and make it a victory for me.
Speaker 3: Lamt, you're moving up from super featherweight to lightweight. Were you afraid that moving up might rob you or some of the pot, because that's you know, normally guys that move up they lose some of the steam.
Speaker 2: Were you concerned about that? Are you going to stay?
Speaker 3: Are you going to stand super feather or are you looking to move up to maybe go one thirty five one for even higher?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, One thing that one thirty five gave me is a lot more stinging. I ain't okay. Five less pounds I had to lose.
Speaker 5: So uh so what do you do when you walk around at Lamont normally, uh I want to say, especially especially if I'm in the gymnah No, No, I walk around like one fifty uh gerin around one fifty one forty nine on a good day.
Speaker 1: If I'm on vacation, I don't get no higher than fifty five.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, so you so I think that works.
Speaker 3: I think that's one of the things that helped Floyd Mayweather because Florida is not a naturally big man. So it was easy for him to stay at one forty seven because Florida only walking the rocket like what fifty five to begin with, So he's doing for six eight weeks, he lose five piles.
Speaker 2: That's his sweet spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for and that.
Speaker 2: Was another thing with you.
Speaker 3: It's not like you're walking around one sixty five fifty five and you got.
Speaker 2: To strip down thirty five thirty pounds.
Speaker 3: You only having to come down ten, maybe even fifteen pounds out of max. So that's a lot, that's not that's not that drastic where you see these guys have to go through this, this this massive dehydration in order to make weight, because man, you keep doing that fluctu weight in your body.
Speaker 2: Man, it takes something out of you.
Speaker 1: Man, It definitely takes a toll on you, for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, after a fight like this, how much time do y'all take off, Like I mean before you get back in and gradually just start building yourself back, not only in the shape, but just making sure you don't lose that rhythm and consistency.
Speaker 1: That's tough, man, especially how boxing is today.
Speaker 5: That's more so like a personal So me personally, I don't like being out the gym too long. I get I get cussed out by my doctor because he tells me to take a break, you know what I'm saying. So and I understand, because your body need to heal rest. I've been through an eight week training camp and then went through a hard twelve round fight, so you know, uh, you know, gotta get your body together, take some time off because when you peak, when you peak, and you peak.
Speaker 1: At the right time.
Speaker 5: I think I peaked at this alf the time Saturday night, it's you know, it deplete you. So I get a little rest. I get a little rest, probably like two weeks. Then I want to be back in the gym one because I probably get you heavy, and I'm like, I don't feel I don't feel right right, you don't feel right now, and I'll be bored. I normally be in the gym, so like what we we live at?
Speaker 2: What state?
Speaker 1: I live in?
Speaker 5: D C.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I make a little trip down there.
Speaker 5: Man, whenever you be back in the gym and you want to start a sparring, I'm gonna come down there.
Speaker 1: And I got I gotta look.
Speaker 2: I gotta know.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad man, Chad, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know, I know I'm a bad man too. Got some my teacher called me when a last Well, listen, I got a look bad for you. Right, we're gonna eight rounds, right, we're gonna do Yeah, we're gonna do eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can, if you can beat me.
Speaker 1: At least four rounds.
Speaker 5: Now, you know Lebron James, he just scored fifty thousand points, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: He said, he sent me the ball.
Speaker 5: If you can beat me, if you can win more rounds than me, I send you this ball he gave me to put up.
Speaker 4: Dad.
Speaker 1: Right now, set up, you're gonna send that up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take that ball right the trophy case, Okay, okay, okay, right on top of the.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, I'm gonna make it easy for you. I'm only using my jab hand on you. Oh man, you're giving me, you're giving, You're giving it away.
Speaker 1: Nah, I mean, listen, I can. I can take her to my door and still win. That's what I do. I told you they called me. Hell hen, I'm telling you you're geting the prize away. Lebron ain't gonna like that. Oh no, you ain't gonna get that. You think I'm you think I'm gonna lose to you and lose that ball for sure? It is a love.
Speaker 3: Let me let me after this little bit. After the tank fight, who would you like to fight out? To fight out the tank? Are you gonna stay at are you gonna go? Are you gonna stay? If you if you go back, if you rematch, you beat tank at one thirty five? Are you gonna stay at one thirty five or slide back down to one thirty or go up even to one forty.
Speaker 1: It depends on what's available.
Speaker 5: If the champions at thirty five are available, I'm gonna fight them. I'm gonna unify. Obviously, that's good for my career. It's like legacy fights. And on top of that they big money fights. If they're not if they're not available, I will go definitely defend my title at thirty and probably try to unify there because I can make thirty comfortably, and I feel like I run that division like I probably can even go undisputed it they let me.
Speaker 3: That's like, I'm not like Lama being a student of the game. I know you heard your dad. You weren't around there, but I know your dad has told you of whomever in your corner about the fourteen hearns Hagler, Durant, Leonard and how they fought each other and all the top contenders, and that they fought him. You go back to the seventies, you look at the heavyweights. They fought Norton fought all Lee, he fought Fraser, he fought for He fought Shavers, he fought.
Speaker 2: Our Lee, Nobody Duck.
Speaker 3: Why is it now, Lamont that we have guys and they want a cherry pick and don't want to take it. Seemed like and I love Floyd, but Floyd that fifty and oh, because nobody wants to take an ass whipping now because now they feel like my legacy is ruined.
Speaker 2: I lost the fight some of the great fighters.
Speaker 3: We don't look at our Lee because he lost three or four times, even when he looked bad fighting Trevor Burbick, Colarir Holmes. We don't hold that against him. We don't hold against Leonard. We don't hold against Hagli, we don't hold against Hearns. We don't hold against nobody. I don't know, and I hate that. I love Floyd and I'm glad he's undefeated. But everybody thinks, now, if I be undefeated, I'm gonna be revered like Floyd.
Speaker 2: And it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It ain't. It ain't.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Floyda's one of a kind of fighter man, kind of his own. Even if a lot of people do go undefeated and retired undefeated, it's not gonna be the same.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it's not gonna be the same because Floyd put it in his work, Floyd Floyd fought them guys.
Speaker 9: When when he was able to everybody that he fought them guys, and he earned the right to fight who he wanted to, when he wanted to, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: He that's that's just a once in a lifetime fighter.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know why the guys are not, well, maybe I do.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you a little scoop. These guys are worried about the money that they can make. If they told you if they still have an O on their record, they think that a blemish would knock down the value uh theirn whatever they have in their contract or whatever they have presented to them, which is you know, crazy to me, I think, if you put on a good enough fight, no matter if you win or lose, the performances will matters. It's really what matters. So people gonna pay the scene fight. If you fight the good fights, that's what that's Yeah, that's that they're gonna pay to see it. That's why people U numbers used to be so high, because people are gonna pay.
Speaker 1: They want to see certain fights. They want to see them fights.
Speaker 3: Look at Mickey, look at Mickey Warden turo Gotti, that was jam Pack law didn't matter. People still pay big money to see that because they know they were gonna get action for sure. But now guys like you know what, Yeah, if I fault Lamont, I can make fifteen mil. But if I fight this guy that I know I can whip, I can make ten. So Why take the chance for extra five when I can get this can over here and I can whip him for ten, So hit me a couple, I get me five or ten, give me five to ten D ten million dollar fight.
Speaker 2: Why would I need to take a risk for two of those big fights?
Speaker 5: No, then do that, But then you got to think about that, Lama I told on other night. We talked about this too, Right, Not only do certain people not want to take risks, but you want to build it up until you get to the really, really good fights. So if you got like you talk about the folk kings back then, back in the day, right and today's, if you got the best boxes right, and if all the best boxes fight each other right now and not have fight out the fight out the fight, and.
Speaker 1: Actually you build it so people want.
Speaker 5: To actually actually want to watch, and you can maximize your your pay. That's a little different. Think about how long before Early and Bud actually fought. Look how long it took, Look how many fights they had because they was a build up to it. So from that standpoint, I kind of get it and understand you want to maximize your pay. You also nobody wants to lose, But at some point they ain't gonna have no choice but to fight each other.
Speaker 2: You got to be right, But.
Speaker 3: Thanks about it and Lama you know this. Sugar Ray went to one sixty to play Hadler went up. They then had'd come down. They went to him and the thirty five they went up to cl Sugar Ray was one forty seven, went to one sixty.
Speaker 2: Packler Herd with one forty seven went to one sixty.
Speaker 1: You're definitely right about that.
Speaker 5: That's middle Waight and Ray, Ray and Durant started at thirty five.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, one of the best light rights to have a Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of guys started, Yes, a lot of those guys started there O Joe thirty thirty five, fort Floyd thirty thirty five, forty forty seven, and for h De la.
Speaker 2: Hoya at fifty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, a lot of them got yeah and had Pop pacya the novel they pack yas of that that one one o six.
Speaker 2: He blew through and blew through everything.
Speaker 1: Division eight, Division Champions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna see that. Even even when you look at Armstrong, you look at all those guys, nobody's doing this again. Nobody gonna do that. Yeah, I mean, basically you'd have to start and saying you'd have to start in like one forty and go to heavyweight to try to clean try to clean out of everything that that ain't not happening all.
Speaker 1: Roy wasn't a boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah ten years straight away, Roy.
Speaker 3: Wait, if Roy had had Roy just stayed there and not script the muscle that he put on to go to heavy because I think that took a lot out of it, That took too much out of him. He probably should have stayed. He probably should have never come back down or just took his time. Roy won the title, couldn't get nobody else to fight, gave the title look and came back down, and he wasn't the same after Tarboro beat him that one time. He was never the same because he got started getting beat by fighters that Roy. Roy would have marked the flu inside of five rounds with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's next, tank?
Speaker 3: I mean, excuse me, what's next to all of my what's next after after this tank?
Speaker 2: After this tank? You said you want to fight whoever the big money fighter is, who.
Speaker 3: Ate Lomo hell Femo hate whoever the champions?
Speaker 1: At one thirty five right now, Keishan Davis And Yeah, chicken.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, that's what that's that's who we're gonna be looking at after you know what I'm saying, After after I be tanked, after I be tanking and rematch.
Speaker 1: Uh we want you know, if.
Speaker 5: Them guys ain't available, then we gonna go to thirty and defend my one hundred thirty pound championship. So listen, out of those three you just named, who would you prefer to fight first if you can't get all three, If if you had a preference, if I had a preference, I don't really got a preference. I want I would. I would put a blindfold on the pick whichever one.
Speaker 1: It don't matter.
Speaker 3: Whoever, Hey, whoever owned this ass whipping, I won't whip for sure. Half about a fight. I'll tell you what. I tell you what, Lomo, you gonna get it first, So you're gonna get it after I get tanked. When I get tanked, I'm gonna get you at the first of the year. Hey, Core, I'm gonna come see you in July, Keith Sean David, Hey, at the end of the year or twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I got your I got you ass whipping too.
Speaker 1: Hey sound good to me?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 1: Sound real good.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I appreciate it. Congratulations, great fight.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the outcome that you had hoped for because you trained for eight weeks, had a great camp and you put the time in to win. It didn't go his way, but who knows what's gonna happen July August when the next fight come around. Wish you the best and guess what, come back and join us again when the fight happened, and off we'll see what happens after that.
Speaker 2: Lamar, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate well, do thank you, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see in DC. Had no doubt.
Speaker 1: Give my contact. We'll bring you out for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, body, cause you need to talk, so I don't want him to Yeah, that's what I want you to do. Yeah, yeah, I want to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure I recorded to We have it all what I need to do. All right, all right, all right, appreciate a good.
Speaker 2: One by you too.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, bro Lamar rode Julia. Bad, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Bad.
Speaker 3: It was great talking to Oh Joe, you have your that's that's your thing, box of your things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun. That was fun.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that. That was It's always great to get these guys.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm gonna reach out to Roy because I want to hear what Roy gotta think on this Roy John, I'm gonna here. I'm gonna here row up tomorrow. See if I can get Roy to come on and talk about this fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, matter of fact, that'll be that know, that'd be good. You get wrong here Roy to tell you the stories about why.
Speaker 2: We're so smart. Man. You ain't want nothing, Roy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, we come on now.
Speaker 2: You know boy from Downhill now yeah.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and Roy's to spot when I was in high school. I just to spake with him some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He from Uh, he from the same place Brooks from mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Hey man, boy, he quick than the mother fucker boy. Yes, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Oh he from Pensacola.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he from deep Brooks and uh. I played with another guy named Omit from Pennsacola too, Emmy Smith from Pensacola. Yeah, image from Pensacola. Yes, yes, that Himmy, that's Roy homeboy, Roy Emmitt They homeboy from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I ain't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeahn from Penstacola.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, boy, I.
Speaker 2: Just learned something. Yeah yeah, yeah boy.
Speaker 1: I used to be piece of Royals up from Daies.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 1: We gotta get roy on here, man. We told him we got it.
Speaker 2: We'll get it.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Kevin Durant and Coach Bud got into it last night. Check this interaction out, Oh Joe. During the time early in the game, Coach Budden holds a grab KT's arm in an apparent attempt to pull him in for a conversation, but KD pulled his arm away. Then they engaged in a brief animated conversation before party Ways. Kat spoke about it after the game. Let's take a listen to what Katie had to say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what usually happens when you don't know the dynamics of a relationship.
Speaker 2: You know, you catch something on.
Speaker 8: TV, you did a quote and now even pushing that narrative as if me and Blood don't do that shit all the time. Were competitive as two individuals who want to see things done the right way, and sometimes my way ain't the way that Bud want to do it, and vice versa, and he allows me as a player on the team, vetter than on the team or voice my team. If I if we both didn't care, we would never have stuff like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, and I'm glad that the win is sweep all that stupid.
Speaker 8: Stuff under the road because they couldn't People couldn't wait, even some people with Phoenix ain't here, couldn't wait to run with that, you know. And so this is this is the reason why the team ain't playing well because it's that specific thing. But come on, now, that shows that me and Budd really cared about trying to break this ship and trying to win basketball game. So if he understands one coming from, don't understand exactly where he's coming from. This is people on the outside don't know the dynamics of the relationship. So you know, in order for them to get some attention, they're gonna run with stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You heard it, Yes, he says, Hey, sometimes I see things one way, but don't see it that way. Times Buzz see things one way, I don't see it that way. We have a difference of agree, we have a different opinions, And hey, he cares, I care. We trying to get this ship righted and and he right. I mean, look, that makes it seem like that's never happened before. I've seen coaching the players. They shove each other at all, curse all that kind of stuff. It happens. You get two anime testosterone driven men that I believe what I'm saying is right. He believes what he's saying is right. Two people can't be right. Maybe hey, two things can be true. Maybe you're right and maybe he's right, But at that point in time, we don't see it that way. I want you to see my point of view, bro, I need you to see my point of view.
Speaker 2: Right, But I don't know what happens.
Speaker 3: But I know KD went crazy in the fourth quarter and they were down twenty three and they won the game.
Speaker 2: That's what I do know.
Speaker 5: Listen, the funny thing about it with the Suns. Listen, when you're losing everything and magnified, Yep, when you're losing the way they are, even though they won that specific game, everything is magnified. Unless you played organized sports and instruction environment, you'll never understand that dynamic. You'll never understand it that goes on all the time, especially when it comes to a player of that magnitude, that's great, and you have a coach and the coach wants to see you and do your best or if you're not playing to your full potential, they.
Speaker 1: Gonna get on you just like that.
Speaker 2: Yep, that had been not.
Speaker 5: Just at the at the at the at the elite level with NBA players, NFL players.
Speaker 1: It starts even when you're young.
Speaker 5: The problem that you gotta worry about is when you have a coach that cares about you and he stops talking to you and he doesn't try to correct you. He said he's knock on your head and trying to get you to do things the right way. That means he doesn't care. So what I see as a former athlete, stuff like that happened. It resonates with me because I've been in that situation before with Hugh Jackson getting on me on the sideline. Of course, because I'm trying my hardest, I fire back. No, I'm talking. I talked back a little bit. But you know you man, he will. He will grab me by the neck. Man, don't play me, Yeah not today.
Speaker 3: You're from Carton, Hey, you don't play food good people, but you good people.
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 3: But you're right, You're absolutely right. With a lot of times, like you know, and the heat of the battle, you forget. Man, Man, I shouldn't this front of all these people because there's seventy eighty thousand people watching and these cameras everywhere. You forget sometime though you do forget, you, you absolutely forget. I always try to be mindful, you know, A let's get this behind closed door. I'm just gonna give you a look.
Speaker 5: You mean, like that look you gave me and you thought I was late on first day like that, Hey hey, hey, now that was that?
Speaker 3: Would like like coaches like, hey, bro, look here, I won't allow you to say anything to me.
Speaker 2: Mayor Porter didn't say right that.
Speaker 3: Port ain't never called me no more for she ain't never called me no so ob So now if you think you can call me that, now you know what, I'm gonna take this uniform off. I'm gonna whoop your ass because I know I ain't gonna be here. But all that, all that, all that stupid you know what. I don't play that mm hmm, now give me that, because no, I don't play like that, O Joe, I don't. So we have a we just had. I had a great understanding. Hey, bro, don't hey, come on now, I ain't your kids. I got kids. You got kids, I got kids. You just can't talk to me any kind of way. Understand, trust me, tell me what I did wrong. I'm not gonna make that same mistake twice. But you're not finna call me dumb. You know you stupid? No, No, get that like that.
Speaker 2: I ain't. I ain't finna hold you.
Speaker 3: You're always talk about sensity of all you want to But I'm big. I'm huge respect respect.
Speaker 2: I give it to everybody. I give.
Speaker 3: I believe every man or woman deserves a certain level of respect. Now, when that level of respect dissipates, it's best that you and I go our separate ways. That's okay, we don't look we and then sometimes Joe like we you on the team. You ain't gonna get along with everybody. Yeah, hey, you do your thing. I'm gonna do my thing on this field.
Speaker 1: What what what?
Speaker 2: Hey? When the whistle blow is trying to go out certain ways?
Speaker 3: Yeah about the locker room, aid, like I don't even know you?
Speaker 2: There it is it is, yeah there, it is all this man? You bro, he was a teammate.
Speaker 1: You not.
Speaker 3: You not buddy buddy with everybody that's on your team. You buddy buddy with everybody.
Speaker 2: In your workouts.
Speaker 3: Y'all go out to lunch and do happy hour, go to each other's crib.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I mean. Some guys are close like that, O Joe. They are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, some guys not. This ain't college where you see it. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna pass the guy in the hallway and the going to class or he might be in the same class.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: A lot of these guys they got families, they got kids, and y'all. You know, we were on different wavelengths, and that's okay. We just try to do the same when we at work. Hopefully we got the same goal, Ojo, to try to win as many game as we possibly can once you go home.
Speaker 2: Done deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not making too I'm not making too much out of it with that KD interaction has happened. Like I said, I've seen coaches, hey, coaching and player. Man, I see the college. I've seen basketball player beat the basketball coach. So now we had to go pull him up off it. I ain't oh yo, when I say he beat him down. Oh yo, When I say he beat him.
Speaker 1: Down, right, he must have said something slicker.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he said. And because you know, hey, you know, I'm looking at the bathroom. Whether I see him argue I'm right, because I ain't never seen the look. Oh I've seen players and coaches argue in that setting on the football field, on the basket. Okay, that's one thing, but bro, we're not We're not in that environment. We're not on the football field, We're not on the basketball court. Now you you argue with me like we just two ninjas in the street, right, So I'm like.
Speaker 2: What that is?
Speaker 3: I said, May let me go on down there for something pop off? So I go down there. I'm just you know, I'm I ain't got nothing to do with me, so I really shouldn't be the next thing.
Speaker 2: I know, whoa who what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Joe, I'd be like, okay, you probably add for him, because first of all, you don't live on campus, but you bring your ass back on campus after practice is over to come back up here in front of this man, you probably was getting what you deserve.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Where I intervene when he started kicking and putting feet on him, get to get him up off here, and they're like, bro, now look you coach, go ahead on now, cause if I turn this man loose after I done got him, apopia, that's on you.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 3: Hey, I call mother, Hey man, manet get coach up out of here. Oh Joe, when I say he whipped it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 5: So if that was a coach that the player was part of the team, yes, hold on, was a player allowed to remain on the team after that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he. I think he ended up leaving on his own, but he didn't kick him off. If I'm not mistaken, I think what the coach fought. Okay, so he must have been a star player.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He wasn't a start player, but he was a good player. He was a decent player.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But my thing is, if I'm a coach, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you let a puppy licky in the mind, you better be careful because he's gonna grow up to be a dog and he'll bite you.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Boy as a good one. Now, why why you know I don't. I don't go nowhere without it.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, if you let it, if you let let a puppy licky in the mouth, he'll grow up and bite you when he become a dog.
Speaker 2: See, if you put yourself on that level.
Speaker 3: See the problem that the coach had is that he put himself on that level to be with the player. So the player no longer looked at him as the coach. He looked at him as like a calm, like another player.
Speaker 1: Let a puppy licky in the mouth.
Speaker 3: And so that's why that's O joe. That's why with kids you stay up here.
Speaker 2: O joe.
Speaker 3: You don't say, oh, that's my friend. Oh that's my best friend. Me and my daughter, me and my son. We like freek we like best friends. Ain't no way, not no, no, we not. I'll tell your ass up. I'm dead.