Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 2: Club Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys training live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Tag Burger's here, that's got Tisi.
Speaker 1: Touchdown And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen of Talking Cowboys Nation. The trade deadline has now come and gone. It is now in the rearview mirror. And we asked the question, we really did. We asked it multiple times. Should the Cowboys be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline? Well, we have our answer, and it goes into the bye week. And now we've got two full weeks for some new additions to possibly make an impact on this football team. But since it's also the bye week, it's also our final episode of Talking Cowboys this week, which in turn means it's a say it with.
Speaker 5: You, chef. Here are Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 6: Welcome here and.
Speaker 2: Everybody from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: See Josh for in here from the family.
Speaker 6: God, if he keeps us up say it was a chess.
Speaker 7: I'm saying it with their chef.
Speaker 2: Following the Cowboys making a couple moves at the trade deadline, including acquiring quite possibly the best defensive tackle in all of the National Football League. Quinn Williams is now a Cowboy and we're gonna react to it here. Plus we're gonna take your calls because it's on the wire Wednesday too. Eight eight, five, five, two two nine seven will take those calls starting in the second segment. But we've got a break down what the heck just happened in Cowboys Nation with Patrick Josh, Isaiah Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans. You got your wish, Isaiah Stamba, I love it.
Speaker 5: You got your will.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nothing like a little black rifle to start the day after.
Speaker 6: Can you tell we've had it already? Azing trade? Get you something? I like those trades.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just gonna let you take it, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, No, this is your moment, this is your moment. You fought for this hook and I'm happy with it too. Let me get that very clear. I did want an address. No, no, no, both of you don't chose both of you don't you do this.
Speaker 8: I'm not hearing it, Isaiah. I'm going to stare longingly as you describe for you what Quinn Williams is going bring to this even I'm here for you.
Speaker 5: Listen, y'all.
Speaker 3: First of all, shout out to all of our Talking Cowboys fan Milie who reached out to me via DM and you know, on on X and everywhere else. I appreciate y'all keeping the receipts, you know the people listen. Yeah, a lot of people hit me up and said, you got your wish. You called this out. You've been beating the table for this all that stuff, and it's very true, and I appreciate y'all. I recognize y'all. This is exactly the move that I was hoping for. It was one of maybe three players that I was hoping that Dallas would go for. Obviously, on this platform, we can't say their names when they're associated with another team this year. We don't want those problems so we could lose draft pick. We love being here on Talking Cowboys and we love our organization here. But there was a handful of players in this individual in Quinn Williams, it was one of those individuals. That was in my mind that I would have loved for them to go and attain. I did not, however, believe that he was tangible because I didn't think that Dallas would give up the capitol to acquire him, and yet they did. What does that mean now, Well, it means that you have one of the most respected the interior defensive lineman that you acquired via Micaeh Parsons trade from Green Bay and Kenny Clark respected. You see his say it's dominant, but you see his impact weekend and week out right, he impacts the game. However, that's one guy. Everybody's going to say, well, what about osa Adigi Zoo. Ohso you just gave also a bunch of money. Olsa is still an impact player? Is he a dominant interior defensilignment He's not.
Speaker 6: He's not.
Speaker 3: He's an impactful defensive lineman, but he's not a dominant interior defensi lineman. So when you have a well respected guy who holds his own in Kenney Clark, and you have osa a Diggi Zoo that you paid, and you have a Solomon Thomas that is putting out effort out of this world, and then you're coming off a game in which you ran a five to one front right where you were able to finally look at your current defensive ends that I know some of us was beating the table for and they had success when they had one on one opportunities. That was in the form of Clowney and Ezaku. Those two had one one. Yeah, exactly, those guys had one on one opportunities, and you saw what they're capable of.
Speaker 6: So the confidence that they had.
Speaker 3: Within their roster to let Micah walk, you saw as to why they felt that way a little bit in this last game, like, Okay, these guys can get to the QB and some of them still are are getting baked. Some of them are still in the process of cooking. But there's there's there's there's an opportunity there. So how can we accelerate their opportunities and their growth. How about we add one of the most dominant interior defense alignment in the game. And I don't even think that he's he hasn't even hit his prime. Don't even hit his prime. So Quinn Williams is somebody who requires two. Try him with one. He requires too, But if you want to try him with one go ahead, right, will invite you to do that.
Speaker 6: We also invite you to try Kenny Clark with one.
Speaker 3: So when you put a one technique and you put a three technique, those guys are now in the gaps between each shoulder of your center. This is what I've been saying for some weeks. Now your center snaps the ball here that has to choose. I'm gonna help my right guard or I'm gonna help my left guard.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Either way, one of these guys has to get double teamed. But I can't double them both. You cannot.
Speaker 6: So two guys an interior, Clark and Williams.
Speaker 3: I need to double team both of them, but I can't double team both of them. So one of them always has a chance to win. And if those three offensive linemen guard, center, guard are taking responsibility for my interior two say I'm not great at math, I got my masters. But one on one with your dns. Yeah, And also not only do your dns get the benefits of having two dominant interior defensive linemen. So they have their one on one matches which they are literally doing backflips but naked with huggies on.
Speaker 6: Okay, these guys are these guys are excited.
Speaker 3: About those one on one matchups now, both in the run game and the past game. But now your linebackers, who you have been questioning their ability to choose the right hole their vision, they're being in the right spot on run plays, run fits, all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Now those guys who are very capable of.
Speaker 3: Running and hitting, every single one of them, Shamar James, Kenneth Murray, Maris lea foul demo's coming back. You have all these guys that are really good at running and hitting. If you take away they're a freaking roadblock that's in front of them, and now they can.
Speaker 6: Just see ball and go hit ball.
Speaker 3: Oh there's no lineman now left to go block them. So not only do your dns get better, but now your linebackers just what got better? So your run fits got better, So your overall rush defense got better. Not one position, but one position made a huge impact on an entire front seven. And if your front seven is better against the run, really good against the run now and they can get after the quarterback because they have one on one matchups, both interior pressure and exterior pressure. Because as a quarterback, if I can't step up, I'm in a world of trouble. So now you have two interior pressure guys. Your secondary automatically gets better automatically because there's less time for the quarterback to sit back and a lot of these receivers to get down the field. So, yes, there are other areas that you want to address, but this one move impacts everything on your defense.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting all night in morning for you to cook.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir, Josh you're next.
Speaker 2: You also bang the table for this one.
Speaker 8: I mean, Logan Wilson, we talked about it. He is a position upgrade. You know you upgraded that position.
Speaker 5: True, Mike linebacker.
Speaker 2: I watched a little bit of tape on him yesterday too. I think he can cover better than what people are giving him credit. I think I don't think he's I don't think he's completely a cover linebacker. Let's not get that question if we're talking about doing something that your linebackers don't have already.
Speaker 9: True, Mike, he can cover better than that. He was bumping out shot He then say he was bumping out all right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and let's just be clear. A position upgrade there, Yes, Quentin Williams makes your team better. Simply put, Yes, we're talking about it. We were talking about if you're able to stop the run, that is, you are able then to upgrade every position after that, the second level, the third, all of those things you can dictate get better. You can dictate what goes on. And like we just talked about this last game, five man front and you're seeing your defensive ends on one on ones, right, and you saw sacks. You saw improvement, five of them, five sacks, five of them things.
Speaker 5: Dude, great the way you looked at you, and I would.
Speaker 8: Urge you to look at the trade sort of outside looking in. If you frame it in. You traded Micah Parsons and a second round pick for this year or for this coming in for Kenny Clark, Quentin Williams and a first round pick.
Speaker 2: You basically took the strength of your team being your.
Speaker 5: Edge rushers, and you moved inside and.
Speaker 2: Correct one edge rusher, and you made it an unstoppable force on the inside, or I guess better word is an immovable object on the inside. That's what you've made your interior. We've talked about QB vision every week on this show, every week, and we talk about, man, this guy is really good on the interior. We talk about Jayleen Carter with the Philadelphia Eagles, right, talk about uh, Leonard Williams in the times that we've played him a boyfriend Denver big boy, Yeah, Jones, Chris Jones. Yeah. And then you've got Chris Jones with Kansas City, and then you've got Denver. You've got some of these massive fronts. Now teams are going to look at Dallas and be like, oh wow, they've got that guy Quinnin Williams, who's quite possibly the best nose tackle in football. Then you turn around, you've got Kenny Clark, who's a three time Pro Bowler and playing out of his mind at different times.
Speaker 8: The depth there who's behind them?
Speaker 2: So Digizua who just got like a massive contract that is going to be fresh and he'll be the He'll Solomon Solomon Thomas. Yeah, there's depth there in that position.
Speaker 8: But they got Smith, so no, that's gonna be what he was traded.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Mazzi.
Speaker 5: He has Gang Green though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up in New York. The The the biggest thing though that I like about this whole scenario, other than just making the interior of your defensive line such a high point, is they are both under contract Kenny Clark and Quinn and Williams until twenty twenty eight. Because man, my whole thing with this trade deadline, and you guys are very aware of where I've been. I was no trade, then I was trade, and like the last week and a half, I'm like, man, if there our offenses is human, then maybe we shouldn't be trade again. But I was okay with whatever ended up happening. Now that you look at it, you haven't wagered your future. If anything, you're building to win, you need to build two, which is twenty six, twenty seven and twenty twenty five. You're immediately better, So you take a step forward. Now, are you a contender right now? Probably not. We'll get into that too. You're still three five and one going into the bye week in one of the toughest schedules in football. But my god, in twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven, you have set yourself up for success, to be an elite team as long as you hit on a couple of those draft picks.
Speaker 6: That you have held on to.
Speaker 5: As I was always team trade. I never came off that.
Speaker 9: And not only was I always team trade, I said, come up off of one of those first round picks to do.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: I was afraid I was to get a dominant place.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with Quinn.
Speaker 9: Williams a monster those first rounder I will say this, it was It was funny because I had the thought on the way on the drive end to day and I was like, you know what that conversation d T versus d E, d T versus DT. We've all seen loony tombes. This felt like Daffy Duck and bugs Bunny by the tree. Duck seasons, duck season, it's rabid season.
Speaker 8: It's swapping season.
Speaker 5: That was good.
Speaker 9: The beauty of it is, although that side of the table got exactly what they wanted, we kind of got some spillover from that because not only can Quinn Williams stop the run, but you know what, he's.
Speaker 2: Also down can pass rush, passed rush.
Speaker 9: So it's like it's like the football gods looked at talking cowboys and said, you know what, let's just give him somebody that everybody.
Speaker 6: So it's a win win. The thing is when you.
Speaker 3: Have that presence on the interior, and I would I would urge everybody to go back and look and listen I don't know if you have your paper up at all, but you.
Speaker 5: Ready put it up please, yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, super Bowl. We can even replace that with playoffs.
Speaker 3: But when you have a dominant interior, it is a quarterback's worst nightmare. A dominant defensive end is not a worst not the worst nightmare for a quarter.
Speaker 2: No, you can schem around the whole conversation with Micah, I can scheme a d N and send help.
Speaker 3: I also can step up right and they can run him around the Hulu hou right. So d ns, yes they're dangerous, and yes they're impactful, and they have a tremendous impact on the game. But I can I can avoid a d N. I can't avoid an interior d lineman or two. It sucks. I can't step up. I can't even my center is the center of my offensive line. I can't get anything going. If he doesn't do his job, I can't go I can't get reach blocks, I can't go downhill, I can't get to my zone schemes. If my center can't get going, the play is blown up. That doesn't matter if it's a run play or a pass play. Now, if I have one good defensive lineman. Okay, we can scheme it up a little bit because my guard can come and help and we can try to combo and wash things out.
Speaker 6: Right, But two nah, two, two nah, and think about it. Look at the look at the remaining schedule.
Speaker 3: I know people are going to look at the schedule, right, said, Oh, well, the Cowboys out of it.
Speaker 6: What do those teams do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Run the ballton, But see what makes it even?
Speaker 2: Starting in the first game after the bye week, their number one weapon on offense is a rookie running back by the name.
Speaker 6: We call them number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, number two back right, you're right, number number two on offense?
Speaker 6: Who's number two?
Speaker 5: You're right? I forgot about hours, which you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, but Ashton Genty is coming to town or you know, we were playing in his town, I guess now, but playing against his hometown team where he wanted to get drafted, never got the chance to. And then now he's got a chance to do what Rico Daudell did, but in a different way.
Speaker 5: But it's also I can't stress this enough.
Speaker 9: As much as Kenny Clark and Quinn Williams provide you that wall, that unmovable.
Speaker 5: Object, they can push the pocket.
Speaker 9: Yes, when they just look, they can collapse it from the interior and force the quarterbacks to either be be dumb enough to number one, if you're if you're operating from under center as a quarterback and you're trying to get into a five step drop, you're not making it to five. You're not making it to five. That ball has to come out or you're sacked from the interior. Now you have to rush to the outside. And that's what's gonna take one on one coverages, at one on one matchups.
Speaker 2: That's gonna take that time clock down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from coverage.
Speaker 3: Even even in the cover standpoint, right, what what have we been seeing from the zone defense?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: People have had issues.
Speaker 3: I've had issues with Iberflus's defense in regards to the corners playing so far off and then bailing and then bailing right. So now right, people are like, well, what is this going to do? Your tacondary still sucks. That's what everybody's saying. Okay, when I have this defensive line now right, especially with the interior presence, I now can walk my corners up.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I'm still playing my zone right, I'm still I'm pretty sure he's still going to run zone right until the trademon comes back. But I can now walk my corners up, so I can still run those zones. But now I could take a second off. I can make you spend a second at the line of scrimmage trying to get off the ball as a receiver, and now you're running into what a zone versus me playing off right and trying to play downhill.
Speaker 6: I can now.
Speaker 3: Disrupt what you do at the line of scrimmage. I could disrupt your release. And while I'm disrupting you and you're trying to get into your route, your quarterback has to deal with pressure up the middle and outside because Jadavian Clowney is now reloaded.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and for the people I know there are a lot of fans on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Not a lot, but there are several fans on Twitter.
Speaker 9: I saw in my replies that were asking, you know, no seed, does this mean Cowboys can move to a three four? I think your numbers are going in the wrong direction. You're talking about a five to one, five to two. Okay, you talked about it just last game. The Cowboys showed five man four. They showed five man front twenty four times last game. They've only showed it thirty one times the entire season, and twenty four of those times came last last game before you added Quentin Williams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so no, they're not moving from.
Speaker 9: A four to three to a three four, keeping my nickelas always base anyway, yep, but just for the fun math, you're moving to a five, not a three, So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: You could for run stopping purposes, you could do that. But now if I am eber Flus, I am fully confident with four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't have to run five. Did say yesterday? He said he anticipates five man fronts, they're gonna run more of it.
Speaker 5: That makes me.
Speaker 2: Showed it and then made it happen, And it's one on ones across the board too.
Speaker 8: And now you have the personnel to prove it really truly. In four men front, you really have the personnel that you rely on and feel comfortable with that if it goes to five. That's the only thing I don't like about stuff.
Speaker 3: The only thing I don't like about five man fronts is there's a lot of space in the middle of the field. Yeah, a lot, which is why I highly discourage five man front unless it's a running situation.
Speaker 6: Four men work for me, now, right, four guys up front?
Speaker 3: Now with those two jokers, then you put freaking Osa Diggiezua to be between a guard and a tackle, and then you put one of your pass rushers right, one of your dedicated pass rushers. That to me works because now I can be in a dime package. Now I could be in a nig I'd be whatever to hang. I want to secondary wise, because I know my front four can get the job done. I don't think people understand if I can get home with four, what that frees me up to do coverage wise?
Speaker 9: Wait, let me say this real quick, because I know we got to go to the second Yes, on top of everything we're saying. Everything you say, it helps the linebackers because of course, tremendously who's coming back after the buck?
Speaker 8: I think it's number zero, Agent zero to Marvey on Overshown.
Speaker 9: So you mean to tell me Overshown gets added to a linebacker's core that now has Quinn Williams and Kenny Clark up front.
Speaker 8: But it's not like we're adding any other cornerbacks in the situation.
Speaker 9: Oh rookie third round picks vone revel he's going to make his debut.
Speaker 8: We've never seen him play though, what about that?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, the good thing about it is when you have a front like this, you got a little more He got a little bit more grace, a little bit more wiggle rule.
Speaker 2: I liked the reaction yesterday from Logan Wilson. We got to talk to him from the media side of things, and when he was asked about yeah, like when he got the news for Quinn Williams, he just kind of went, yeah, he was liked he was on the plane. He was on the plane. He was one of those guys that I saw the joking memes out there where he was like he went to bed three and six and he woke up three five and wah and he's like, wait, but I have a quinnin Williams, Now, like I can make this happen. So really, I know the linebackers are excited about it. You know, Kenny Clark's excited about it. Oh so excited about everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody day I'm bleeping pump two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta go a break, but everybody is excited about it. Congratulations, I congratulations, Josh, you guys got it. Done. You convince the front office. I'm convinced of it.
Speaker 3: They listen to talking cowboys. Yeah, I think that's the I'm convinced now. They definitely listen, and I mean there's no question about it.
Speaker 5: It's okay what happorn? All right? Wait?
Speaker 8: That means they heard me say.
Speaker 2: Eight five five to nine seven eight nine seven. I am going to ask in the third segment was it an overpaid to get Quinn Williams? And we'll talk about that conversation because there are multiple people that are saying that online. We'll give you our answers later, but we want to hear from the fans first because it's a on the wire Wednesday more Talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 10: Get you some every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you.
Speaker 6: Have relied on for Jens.
Speaker 10: To help you get the job done right.
Speaker 11: We're with you.
Speaker 10: That's our promise to you because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 5: We're with you. Where are you united?
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back. You need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 5: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 6: Nice. Hey can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine? Wow?
Speaker 5: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 6: We think so.
Speaker 4: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident pack ten more towers. The strictions and exclusions apply att dot Com Slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 6: How's it going.
Speaker 5: You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 6: Oh, I watched.
Speaker 9: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you, Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 6: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 5: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 3: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys Corpywright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back Here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Here from the start in Frisco, Chrispy black Let. We've got Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back. Guys, we got a present from all of the Cowboys Talking Cowboys fanily. Hey, I've got some swag for you. I'm gonna read the note first. Okay, this is from Kyle. Hi, Kyle, this is really cool. Hey, guys, long time hopium addict here, been writing the emotional roller coaster of this team for way too many seasons, and your show has become my weekly therapy session. You guys managed to sprinkle in just the right mix of realism, humor, science, and heartbreak to keep us all sane or at least semi functional, especially on Mondays. Yes Science. Isaiah put out a challenge a couple of weeks ago about hoodiecorn. For the Hoodie, I wanted to pay tribute to every legendary segment from the show, a full weekly lineup on the back, like the It's Greatest Hits tour that you see from your favorite rock bands. We're talking Victory, Mondays, Talking Tuesdays, QB Vision, lab Coat, say it with your chest, Fridays pick'em's, and of course get your popcorn ready. Basically the hoodie. This is the hoodie version of your podcast feed stylish, Cody cozy, dangerously full of confidence after a win. Hope these hoodies keep you warm, fly and repping hard through the fall season, keep the star shining bright, and continue running one of the best and realist Dallas Cowboys podcast out there. Much love and eternal optimism from Kyle h. We love you, Kyle, What a guy.
Speaker 5: Take a look at these.
Speaker 2: I showed Patrick yesterday just because I was so excited about it.
Speaker 6: So it's like a lighthood orman before. Take a look at this.
Speaker 2: It's got the you got the talking cowboys on one side. Here got the logo, there got like a star on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: But though no, no, that's check out the gum say with the chest chest.
Speaker 5: Tuesday, ro Kyle, you did the day. Yeah you showed that you.
Speaker 2: Isn't this super cool?
Speaker 5: You show like? Hey, like, seriously, it looks.
Speaker 2: Like a tourist almost. I know it's not lying, but it's it's the cycle of talking Tuesday. We're talking cowboys all week long.
Speaker 8: So pretty sweet us to you, buddy.
Speaker 5: That means is the man that's.
Speaker 8: Our fan, Kyle h you are my favorite?
Speaker 6: Kyle.
Speaker 2: I agree. I'm right there way by a large mark. Significant mark.
Speaker 5: Seems like a low barn across no arguments for me.
Speaker 2: All right, with that being said, we're gonna wear these on Monday. Is everybody cool with that? Everybody here Monday?
Speaker 6: Yeah you hear I'm not here Monday?
Speaker 5: When do you?
Speaker 2: When do you hear back?
Speaker 6: When are you back on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll were on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Should that's Friday?
Speaker 8: Because it's casual Friday.
Speaker 2: We should do that.
Speaker 3: That's a good You don't think we just say for the Monday after the next game, well, I mean the.
Speaker 6: Tuesday after, We'll wear it next Fridayriday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we can actually wear it all of our family.
Speaker 6: Like, seriously, this stuff means a lot to We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Sis. It's a super not.
Speaker 3: Only do you guys, you guys send us some cool stuff, but like the the meeting behind it, the note, like the depth.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time to get into we love Talking Tuesday. As we've got a couple of individuals on the line. Let's talk to Brian in Denver. Brian, what's going on? Welcome back to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's up, guys.
Speaker 11: I don't know how I'm gonna follow Kyle A.
Speaker 2: So he set the bar high and we believe in you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I'm the Brian who did the fans picks earlier in the year.
Speaker 7: Laugh.
Speaker 11: Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: I do remember that? Well done?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Uh obviously, Uh love the trade and the best the best thing about it, and in my opinion is that the front office, you know, they said, well, the defense derailed this season, but we're not going to allow it to derail us the next couple of seasons and so obviously gives hope for the future and a little bit of hope hoping for this year. I mean, looking at the schedule, they're they're probably gonna have to go seven to one to make the playoffs. And it's not worried about beating the Raiders of the Eagles deck owns on to the NFC East at home like eighteen straight or something crazy like that. It's really going to come down to that Thanksgiving Day game and if the defense can win us a couple of games down the stretch, they can beat the Chiefs, that allows them to lose to the Lines the next week, and then they can go four and oh the last four games. So a little bit of a little bit of hopeum, especially with all players coming back after the buy, the safety's overshown, the new linebacker, quint Williams. You know, list goes on and on. So a little bit of hope um for this year. But yeah, definitely looking forward to those two first round picks and Quintin Williams leading the lay next year.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, Brian, yeahciate you man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I love the fact that he pointed out. O reiterated what you pointed out earlier is these are particularly Quinn Williams. When you look at the Kenny Clark trade in addition to Quentin Williams trade. This is as much a move now to try to put a crowbar in that window and you know, take from and just try to just try to leverage that thing open as best you can. But if for whatever reason that just does not pan out, you still have them those two guys under contract through the twenty twenty seventh season.
Speaker 8: That's exactly what we wanted out of a trade like this. You have the ability to have them on the roster to build for the future, and Shot he has them to sort of plan around going forward, and Eberflus if he decides to say or if we decide to keep.
Speaker 5: Eberflu whatever that is.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, I think it's good for the future of the team, and obviously you have a lot to build on and for those cornerstones if you're willing.
Speaker 6: To the numbers.
Speaker 9: Because we're trying to take our calls we want to hear from our family today. But in about one minute, I'm going to hit publish on my impact piece, which is all the science of the whole thing, including salary camp implication implications. How can this impact George Pickens, so forth and so on and so check out?
Speaker 2: Can they still resign? George Pickens? Just give us a yes or no answer? Yes, okay?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 9: Can eat easily? Can I check out the dot com after the show?
Speaker 5: Said?
Speaker 3: Check out the dot dot show and it'll be there for you. All the numbers, answers, all your question. I just want to remind people, and he just brought it to our attention. A lot of people are remember talking about to talk about it. Was it worth giving up the first round in the second round? Yes, let me just remind you what you still have in the new shoddy right, just be the first draft other shot second? Well, yes, second second, undershoty first two first round picks in twenty six, Yes, kept them both. Reminder in twenty six after this season, you have two first round picks, a fourth, two fifths to sevens.
Speaker 2: And you'll get some comps. Probably you'll probably get two.
Speaker 8: Or three no Day two picks, Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Because that's been working out so well for you.
Speaker 3: But you get to first oh really, two first rounders get to come onto the roster end this coming year, this following season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the social team was laughing at my disparity yesterday because I was like, oh, we still get two first round picks for the draft show. And then I was like, wait, we don't have any Day two picks. And I was like, we're going to be up here all day on Day two without a pick. That's what it's gonna end up being. Yeah, yeah, if something ends up happening from a comps standpoint, or even in the options two first, but yeah two versus nice two first. Schottenheimer did allude to it yesterday that he could get back to you could use one of those first to get back into multiple picks in the day two scenario if you want absolutely but two first. Yeah, all right, Next caller. I've seen it a couple of times in the comments section. You guys have been missing this callar. He calls in pretty often. He's one of our favorites, and there were conversations previously of where is he is he gonna call again? Of course he's gonna call again because he's Nebbie in Silvery, Maryland.
Speaker 5: What's going on, Nebbe?
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling again?
Speaker 7: Uh uh uh, you're welcome, my pleasure as always, and thank you guys so much for taking my call. Listen. Uh, I have a comment and two questions. My two questions are one, how do you guys think uh my favorite player, Cooper bb uh I played this this past Monday night in his return from injury.
Speaker 12: Uh uh uh uh uh.
Speaker 7: Uh uh uh. My second question is, uh could you see Jerry Jones.
Speaker 12: Uh uh uh uh could you see Jerry Jones firing uh uh uh shaddy uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh after one year? Because I uh I don't think he will uh because I think he's gonna give him some uh uh sometime based on Jerry Jones's track record with coaches.
Speaker 7: And finally, my comment is h I samely admit that that I believe our season is now over huh but but but but that being said, uh, we still need to win games uh because we need to uhh we need to build build momentum and see where we are uh at the end of the season. Uh. Take care. Thanks for being patient with me uh uh uh. I love you guys and have a great week.
Speaker 2: But Lobby appreciate you. Nabby knows Ball. Two great questions and a statement that I think a lot of Cowboys fans do resonate with a little bit there. We'll start with Cooper BB. What did you think about his performance?
Speaker 3: From what I've seen on a film, Cooper BB had had a good showing. It wasn't nothing that was dominant, but I felt like the guys that were kind of, you know, in his hip pockets in terms of his guards. I don't think they had the greatest of games, and it probably impacted how some may perceive Coober Beebe's game.
Speaker 8: I would argue he didn't have a great game. I don't think the offensive line had a great game. They were getting pushed around quite a bit. They were out physical for sure against the Cardinals. My thing here is that, especially talking to Nate about yesterday, it's like this the offensive line that you started off with camp has not been together very much.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 8: I mean, you've seen a lot of injuries along the offensive line, so it's just like they don't have the groove necessarily or the chemistry together. They're not playing as a unit. They're playing sort of individuals right now. The more reps that they get together, the better they will be.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think that was just a really bad outing for them outside looking in. As far as Brian Schottenheimer, I had a lot of critics.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. I want to hear about Cooper.
Speaker 9: I don't think anybody on the offensive line had a good game, and that's just a fact. And now everything ties to the other thing. So, like Isaiah was saying, well, one of the reasons that Boebe struggled was because the guards on his left and right were struggling. And a lot of the reason they struggled was because the the edges were struggling right with the tackles. So nobody had a good game on the offensive line. Nobody escapes my blame when it comes to that. But I will also say that it was Boebe's first game back, and over a month it'll get better. We know it will because he's proving what he can.
Speaker 2: Be, and that that's my thing is it takes a little bit of time to get back into the fold and to be a starter up front. I don't think he had a Cooper B B type game. I don't think it was what it was. But he also didn't allow a pressure. He was one of the only guys on the front that did not allow a pressure in a game, like Josh said, where the offensive line just didn't play well as a whole. I don't think he played above anybody else, but he did his serviceable job good enough to be the only guy that didn't allow a pressure at one point in the ball game. Moving to coach Shottenheimer in the question there of moving on after one year, I'll let you start, but I certainly don't see that being the case.
Speaker 8: I don't think so either. I think he's building a culture that you're seeing in evidence. Trading Masie Smith to me is a big indicator of that, and having inactive him inactive for a lot of games this season for me as an indicator of that. I had it a lot of criticism criticism of him during the game. As far as the plague caller Brian Schottenheimer goes, I didn't love his red zone efficiency. I didn't love the plague calls that he was making at the red zone, especially that first drive when you get down to the four and you don't run it two times in a Rowisponte Williams, who was cooking on that drive.
Speaker 5: I was very critical of that.
Speaker 8: But all that to be said, I think those are tendencies that he has as far as the red zone goes. But like, there's no there's no guesswork on who the leader of the coaching staff is and if the guys are sort of following suit in the culture that he's building. There's no way that you move on from Brian scht Schottenheimer at this point. And that's not something that I would have said when he was first hired. I wasn't excited about that pick. It wasn't exciting for us. There were a lot of names being floated out there, and I was like, wait, really, Brian Schotteiner.
Speaker 2: Kind of felt like a wait and see ghire. Yeah, So to wait and not see is kind of a weird thing. Like to to everybody's point whenever he was even hired, is this is going to take some time. It's going to take a little bit. Yeah, and you've seen the good things through the off season. We talked about checking the boxes all the way through the off season. He did that, so why not give him a little bit of time to do that.
Speaker 8: I think a big part of it, too, is like you kind of understand why those conversations with the front office with the Jones, is why those lasted so long during the hiring process of Brian Schotner during the highing process of becoming the head coach.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, you just heard that.
Speaker 8: Those meetings were taking so long and just you could tell he was kind of trying to sell them on the idea. At this point, it's like, I don't know how you speak to that man and not be sold on his his leadership. Right, So, at least for me right now, that there's no change there, I was little concerned as the play calling goes last week, but it's just things weren't going well across the board. Your offensive line wasn't doing a great job.
Speaker 5: It just it was rough. Yeah, I'll say it this way. It's shotty perfect.
Speaker 9: No, he's getting his lumps, and that stands to reason because this is his first time ever as an NFL head coach, so you're gonna have to take your lumps.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 9: So, there are play calls that I know he wants back. There are some decisions I know he wants back, and I know that he wishes that he was more involved in the defensive side of the room earlier in the season instead of waiting for the wheels to start falling off. That being said, you got your guy. Yeah, you got your guy, Brian Schottenheimer. He has the business, he has the Kovorka and now it's just a matter of getting the defensive side to match serve with what the offense can be, and then getting the offensive side to stop the self inflicted wounds.
Speaker 5: It's less of.
Speaker 9: Their struggles are less on a play calling front, although they are there as well, but they're more so on the self inflicted wound front. Okay, the penalties and you know, just not executing like you're supposed to be executing. But all things considered, like Josh said, I don't know how you look at so far the total body of work, which is small. I don't know you look at the total body of work with this offense was doing when it was cooking. Look at the culture that he's establishing. Look at how he and guys like Aaron Whitecotton, who's only here because of Shoddy, by the way, have influenced the front office to change direction on how they attack a position like defensive tackle. Right, Aaron white Cotton three for three, like Shoddy said, but that's because Shoddy. You're listening to him. You brought him in and you're letting him sell to the front office shot.
Speaker 5: He's your guy, theckl Vorka, the isness.
Speaker 2: Gotta go to break. Yeah, I want to hear Isaiah's answer to that question, and then I'm also still going to ask the question, wasn't an overpay in the trade for Quinn Williams. More to come with more talking cowboys after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasty coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee asle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 5: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 13: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even taste here, it's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollar order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 6: Nice. Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow?
Speaker 5: Isn't it nice not having to ask.
Speaker 6: We think so.
Speaker 4: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions and in exclusion apply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 2: To the Talking Cowboys Back You're on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show brought to you by in Visiline, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back, Sir Patrick, Josh, Isaiah, Chris.
Speaker 5: We just found out that Isaiah's left handed.
Speaker 2: I'm going to continue pushing past this. We're going to continue talking football. Isaiah. You didn't get a chance to answer the question through out there about coach Schottenheimer building culture and having the conversation after one year on whether or not knew him all right, even though he's under contract.
Speaker 3: Shotty is your guy. He's a culture center, he's a culture creator. These guys are following along, The coaching staff is following along. There's no question as to where the where the dial is pointing, is pointing up for the Cowboys right now, so they are in good hands with Brian Schottenheimer. You brought up Aaron Whitecotton. Interesting, we gotten gone forty four minutes and hadn't brought up Aaron Whitecott. Aaron and Aaron Whitecotton came from where New York or New York where Jets Jets. He was the defensive line coach for whom Quinn will Solomon Thomas, Solomon Thomas and Quinn Williams and Perry and Winfrey and Perry on Winfrey, and he got all three of his guys.
Speaker 8: Josh, I like those words too.
Speaker 6: You're gonna ask a question.
Speaker 2: I was about the compensation. There's a lot of circle circulation, even like an ESPN artist. Yeah, I that is just so. The same guy hate Also, the same guy gave the Indianapolis Colts a D or a D minus or whatever for acquiring Sauce Gardener. And my brother in law is a Jets fan, huge Jets fan, and I messaged him because he put both of them on his story where it said a A for the Jets, and it was F and D for the Cowboys and the Colts. And I was like, the guy who wrote this has to be a Jets fan, and he was like, yeah, he definitely is, like one is, so I I don't agree with that one bet, But the question does bag it's a lot to give up a twenty twenty seven first round pick on twenty twenty six second round pick and Mazzie Smith, which I know Cowboys fans are saying that's a throw in, But what were your thoughts on the compensation that was allowed for Quinn Williams to get here?
Speaker 6: I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: It was you gave up a second round pick in twenty six, so this upcoming draft, you gave up your second day pick in twenty seven. You gave up your first round pick, so you're giving shoddy one thing I hate. I don't hate that at all. Mean, the reason why I don't hate this, I know we all got to blow through our answers. The reason why I don't hate that you use a first round pick to get players like this.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely so exactly.
Speaker 3: So people hold on to first round picks like they're freaking hoping, because you're hoping that you can acquire somebody that pans out to be what Quinn Williams is if you can just get that person, then why does everybody feel sold the type of way about giving up what you were going to hope for for what you.
Speaker 8: Know, because you're hoping that that first round pick is going to be something like it's it is at it's an unattainable goal. Seriously, you're putting a lot of emphasis on on something that is the NFL Draft, And what we know about the NFL draft is that it is not an exact science. Sorry Patrick, but exactly what you said, that is the argument. You're doing that so you can get a player like Quinn Williams. How about you just go get Quinn?
Speaker 2: Go get him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is two words, child, Please.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Seriously, I said, shift that ship one of those ones on the body, or put it in a box and put some tape on it and stamp that thing.
Speaker 6: You still have get it.
Speaker 8: On, you still have stamp on that thing.
Speaker 5: Put put a stamp on that thing. Stamp to the.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's that's funny. The one thing that I I did have a knock on was just the years. And it's more so because I believe the twenty twenty seven draft is going to be loaded. That's a big draft class where there's a lot of talent across the board. I would have flipped them, even though I know traditionally the more near sighted first round picks are more valuable because they're there.
Speaker 5: I give it.
Speaker 2: However, with the twenty twenty seven draft looking like what it's going to be like, I would have rather held on to that pick instead.
Speaker 3: I understand your sense one of there, but the reality is you have a head coach that you just brought in. You're trying to get him going in the right direction. You want to give him all the amo he can to get into the winning category.
Speaker 6: Now, you don't want to like this organization, you.
Speaker 3: Know, this is my opinion, has has put too much emphasis on hoping for the future down the road that never comes up. Right, It just never happens. It hasn't happened, and that's just being realistic. So stop right, stop and play for the now. Like you're watching other teams play for the now. You watch the Rams play for the now, you watch the Eagles play for the now, You're watching the Chiefs play for the everybody's playing for the now, but you right, so, like you, you have to get to some point, and mister Jones even said it, I don't he doesn't have the time. I've never heard him talk about timely product.
Speaker 6: Up the last few years. And obviously he's had some health scares. But like health and age and all that.
Speaker 3: Stuff that accompany with the fact that you're tired of people talking about the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you're.
Speaker 5: Tired of it.
Speaker 3: So like you did the documentary, let it like, you have to work on them now and you have to do things that are not If you keep doing the same things, you can expect the same dog on results. So I employee, I am so I'm relieved for what this organization has done over this past year. This organization has gone they complete one eight from what they traditionally do, which is always planned to the future. Your first round picks of the last few years haven't and they just wasn't amazing. Mozzi was a miss, right, you got rid of them, right, your offensive linement. You never miss an office alignment, right, So you're you're good there for the most part. But you can't draft them every year. You can't draft them every year, so like you have to use what you have. And I think that they're doing a heck of a job. I wish they had a better record right now. But what they're doing to position themselves for this coming year, it would shot his second year in the league.
Speaker 6: Oh bro, It's awesome.
Speaker 8: It's building for the future in the way that you haven't before. And it's not hoping on hope. It is getting guys that you know are going to contribute, aggressive in doing it and improving the personnel. It's not about coaches anymore.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Come on, enjoy the bye week everybody. We will not be here tomorrow. We will not be here Friday. We will be back Monday to start taking a look ahead at the Raiders game. Except for Isaiah unfortunately, but we will be back next week to break it down for you to stay safe out there, enjoy your weekend, get some resk, go hang out with the fam, have a fun time. Indeed, we'll be back for Patrick Nose, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. Enjoy the bye week. We'll see you next Monday.
Speaker 5: We got them.
Speaker 1: This has been a production Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club