Speaker 1: Look may oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, lost culture, dang it, dumb lout calling. Let's work it out on the remix. It's work it out on the remix. Do we have any events work on the remix? No, But that doesn't change the fact that Bo's so so confusing. Sometimes I don't know why. I I've sort of put on even more of a British accent when I think that's interesting, even though she's not that British in her sing songiness, like you got to kind of give it that. I feel like, tell me if I'm wrong, Oh, I will. I feel like you were.
Speaker 2: Not in your anglophile bag for a little bit, and then now you're you're really back in it now. I feel like Matt is really going British. You know, I literally bailed on the trip. I was gonna go by myself.
Speaker 1: It was very well, there, won't they will Matt go to Glastow And then I clearly figure it out because like, you cannot get tickets if you don't have them, and it's not like Coachella where you can take someone's ticket. They're like running security and want your passport at the Gate, like it's a whole fucking thing. But I really could have pushed myself even further in that direction by going to Glass though and then London Pride by myself, but I just I couldn't pull the trigger. I'm not somewhere that like, I'm not someone rather that likes to go places alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's okay. I'm not confusing at all. That's not confusing at all. Wow, we did just work it out on the remix. Yeah, well, we didn't work anything out, but we worked out. I worked it out with the UK on the remix, the remix being the podcast Lost Culturistas.
Speaker 1: Everyone, please forgive me. I am First of all, I'm up early and thirty am, so you can judge at home whether or not that's early for you, But that's a has been early. That's early for me, especially considering whatever we wrapped late at night last night. Now that happens, but.
Speaker 2: I've been fasting for blood work. I guess that includes no caffeine, and that's really hard.
Speaker 1: That is tough. You always forget that that Oh, so that's its caffe But can I just use this opportunity to announce something that I think we should all consider as a community. And I think Matt and I talked about this the other day on our other podcast, two Guys by Rings out Now out Now wherever you find your podcasts, I want us to adopt this. Okay, okay, does this ever happen to you? You, by the way, because everyone's involved, does this ever happen to you? Like here, we all know. Our next thing is to try and answer this question for ourselves. Go on.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it might be a long sort of post amble. Okay, but this is this is this is you want to say the words, you want to say the letters. See I'm already fumbling. You want to say the letters LGBTQ plus or lgbt Q I A or even just plane on LGBTQ. Well, you stumble, You get nervous, You have to push your tongue forward and then up, and then it just on a lingual level, it is bad. And you have also been on the other side of this, where you see, like a well meaning aunt or uncle or parent try to get through all of those letters, those clumsy, unwieldy letters. Yes, and then you gotta say, oh, it's okay. You can just say queer, or you can just say gay whatever. However you assuage that person, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Here's when I'm pitching, and I know where this is headed, and you're gonna love it. Everyone, You're gonna love this. Instead of LGBTQ, we all say legibatique, lesia batique, lysia batique, leisure bautique, and that's spelled l E g E b A t i q u E. And I am literally on board with you ninety eight percent of the way until you spell it, and then I think that's spelling. Is okay? The more I've thought about it, because okay, so this came up on two guys five rings, and by came up on two guys five rings, I mean that in two months you'll hear an episode where we discussed this on that podcast, because we've backlogged the hell out of that podcast as a little peak behind the curtain, and Bowen has stumbled on this unbelievably great idea, which is to eliminate all that bullshit you talked about and just be leisure batique. Because even the people who really know what they're doing and really know the letters watching lgbtqia A plus community, it's just like it's it's getting to the point where it's just like you guys, we have to be a bigger umbrella leisure batique. That's everyone.
Speaker 2: And by bullshit, by all the bullshit, we mean like just the sort of anxiety around watching other people or being the person who has to just make sure all the letters are included, and that is very important. Yes, I think we are putting forward leizabatique as a by default inclusive term. It is a new word as as we are sort of debuting in this way and we are able to define that word as being something that is im perpetuity inclusive.
Speaker 1: And what better time than now when all eyes are on Paris to create this French word leisure batique. I just think it is perfect. It's just easier on the tongue.
Speaker 2: It literally it's like it just kind of it really does flow off and you kind of want to keep saying it lzipbatique.
Speaker 1: Well, when you say LGBTQ plus and you add more to that, you have to stop after every letter to really get it across LGBTQ plus, Like it's like you have to open and close your mouth so many times as it were, Whereas leisure boutique, it flows, it has presence. It also elevates us as a community, you know what I mean, because we're not beholden to LGBTQ. Now you know what, We're actually not trying to be We're not trying to spell it out. We are. We are. That's what I like most about it. Leisure Bautique. We are Batique. And I'm really well, I'm really interested in it's not feeling like you have a sniper dot on your head every time you see someone try to make everyone feel included in LGBTQ. Plus bah bah bah bah bah. I'm like, you know what, it's a given everyone isn't going to say Batique. We are trying sending Okay, so that's Elizabetique. I think this is a very interesting time. We're in cancer season and that is the missing water sign between us. Yeah, and I think we I think we are really experiencing a water signed season right now in many ways. Well here's my water sign season. I've decided to deal with summer by being in what I would call what would you call this an STX fleece with sort of when you touch the shoulder, it makes this noise? Would you call it? Huh? I just here. It's not really registering on the mic, but imagine scratchy. It's like it's like Windbreaker, but only on the shoulder. Anyway, I'm in a full blown like polo in the air conditioning and really trying to make outside as small of an issue, yes as it possibly can be, because it's it is so fucking hot. Not to say I'm not going out there and enjoying myself. I'm very happy with the goldening of my skin. I can say I'm participating in summer, but certainly inside calls you're not wearing this at I will describe it as and I mean this only as a compliment. You are giving gay Jabberwakie. I'll take it as gay jaberwaki for sure. That makes me feel really sexy actually to know that I'm giving my gay jabberwaukee. Yes. I don't know why I think of them as people who fuck, but certainly they are.
Speaker 2: Remember when Taylor Swift danced with the Jabberwakis when she's saying twenty two live. I think it was at the AMA's, but it was the Billboard Music Awards and she sang twenty two with the Jabuwakee's. She would never do that now, miss I missed the old tailor just kidding. No, No, I think she would do that now. I think she's still got tricks supper sleeve. Should we reveal July fourth, we're going to be in Amsterdam. We're saying, Taylor Swift errors tour. This public knowledge. Sometimes people know stuff about us, And I go, who told you? Well, that's because we have big fucking mouths.
Speaker 1: And I would, I would one one hundred percent bet that it's just because we've said it before and forgot we said it and forgot that does happen? I mean, Matt Whitaker just texted me and goes, oh my god, love the Two Guys Five Rings podcast. This is instant cannon. Your Guys' Shannon Miller bit is making me crack up. And I said two things, One what is the bit? And two? Who is Shannon Miller? I come, I don't remember? For good?
Speaker 2: Oh I remember Shandon Miller. It's Simone Biles is set to break her record for number of medals.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, great, great, great, well, then yes, down with Shannon Miller and up with Simone Biles. For those of you who don't know, it is not a bit. We are hosting a Two Guys, Five Rings Olympics themed real NBC Peacock iHeartMedia podcast. They came to us to do it. And if you thought you were going to hear anything about the Olympics or sports on this podcast during the Olympic season, no, you have to go to the Two Guys Five Rings podcasts, which spoiler alert is really just thirty extra minutes of Lost Coach under the lens of Olympics kind of.
Speaker 2: But we get a soundboard, we get like fun little transitions with scoring, and they've done a fabulous job of that is making it seem a little different.
Speaker 1: I really like. I was like, this is a chic little podcast. Look at what we're a part of. I was like with their little musical transitions, and shit, couldn't bees on here. No, I always did want a soundboard though. I always wanted a soundboard because it just takes me back to FM culture. Like I've talked about it before, But the best use of a soundboard I've ever heard was when I was a little, little little kid. I was on vacation with my family, and I remember me and my grandmother and my mom and my dad watched the season finale of Joe Millionaire. And at the end of Joe Millionaire, they it was that terrible male Fox of voiceover who actually was an icon. But the last like four commercial breaks ended with him being like, it's not over yet. And someone on the radio the next day just like was talking about it and just kept playing the It's not over yet and it made me laugh so much. You know who's so good with the soundboards, Danny Pellogreenow, he's so good. Danny Pellergreen is really Yeah, it is a tool that really can elevate the podcasting medium and radio medium.
Speaker 2: Well, it gives it an identity because I don't know like FM radio is so you know it when you hear it. It's one of those things podcasts haven't really been able to reproduce that magic. I don't think if anyone is gonna be up for the challenge, I think it would be us. Like I'm thinking, did you ever listen to Danny Bonaducci And I forget what his co host's name was in the mornings?
Speaker 1: It was on Kiss FM. This was like he Danny like like Danny from is he from from a Partridge Family?
Speaker 2: He like hosted a radio show with this woman who had the the raspiest, coolest boice. That's all I remember, I think was Danny and Kelly. Danny and Kelly are.
Speaker 1: Sotose sound like great great radio host names, Danny and Kelly. Live in the morning with Danny and Kelly. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't pay me to get up and see. Clearly I'm operating at zero right now, this early in the morning. But there's just something about rolling up to work, clocking in at four thirty am or whatever, and then doing the radio show gig and then leaving and then having a fabulous day at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the thing is, like those radio DJs are not fasting in the morning like you are. I've seen you get up early, and I don't like you talking about yourself like this. So you are more than capable of getting up early and getting after it. I guess what I'm saying is cut yourself some slack. Those people are caffeinated to hell, yeah, and unburdened at least by the expectation of a blood test, so they they're able to really pile on the energy in the morning and then bowen. The thing about them is that's their job. So a radio DJ like, someone who's active in the morning can just fuck off the rest of the day, unless they're Ryan Seacrest. Unless they're Ryan Seacrest and they have an empire. Busiest man in Hollywood. Ryan would love to talk to you. Come on last Cult, would we know? I don't know that Ryan Seacrest is able to be candid. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you ever dated Terry Hatcher, do you have darkness and an enclosure of the soul and you will never be an authentic person.
Speaker 1: That is a real drag on Terry.
Speaker 2: It's not a drag on Terry, It's a dragon people who take Terry. I'm gonna say, I feel like Terry was the big perpetrator on the set of Housewives.
Speaker 1: I feel like, Terry, you really believe the hype. You believe the hype. You know these gays, here's what they'll do. And this is just me talking to y'all the listener. The sas what these gays will do. Gays will lift you up and tear you down. These gays love it when you play Susan Meyer. They love when you fall in the bush naked. They love it. They root for you when you win the Golden Globe you give your little I used to be a has been speech. They cheer. Then you know you're around for a few years, started dating hot guys and Seacrest stuff like that. They want to tear you down, they want to see you fall, and they won't stop. And gays run the media, okay, And when the gays get to their shenanigans on the media and Terry, you pissed them off because you dated the hottest guy. They all want Ryan s You're up with the rest of the cast down with Terry and it's sad to see. Sad to see it bleed all the way into this podcast, which I thought was a pro Terry Hatter space. That's why I joined eight years ago. Joined joined this podcast.
Speaker 2: I want us to We're here to renounce a third podcast, Holy Shit, which is going to be an investigative journalism kind of not quite true crime, but adjacent, like we need to find out who was a fault? I want I want to start, no joke, I want to start a podcast called gay Mysteries or something where we find out who was a fault? Who is the person behind the zombie mask on Wendy Williams for the Halloween episode that made her say, what was that? What other gay mysteries?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's called what was that? Oh, maybe it's called what what was that? With Matt and Bowen? Where we go? What was that about? Any years? About any little fucking thing that traps our ass? Like, yeah, I'll tell you an episode that I want to do. What was that? Is the episode of out whenever Lavine won Best New Artist at the VMAs in the Year of Our Lord two thousand and two, and Kelly Clarkson gave her the award and Avril snubbed her and it was really bad. What was that? That's the kind of thing I need to dive into.
Speaker 2: Is your only regret of the Kelly Clarkson episode where we had her on our show not asking her about that moment?
Speaker 1: You know what? It was such a positive time with Kelly. There were so many things I could have asked her, like I could have asked her about like Doctor Luke, which, by the way, we could talk about that. So the Doctor Luke of it all was something years ago. When Kesha had her lawsuit against Doctor Luke, a lot of pop girlies like testified against him as character what witnesses like I guess for Kesha just being like, what's the deal with this guy? What is he? Like, Like the allegation of sexual assault was Kesha's and hers alone, but like we want to know from other people that have worked with him, Like what's the deal? And she flat out with like, he is not a good guy. Nothing ever happened to me like that. But I literally, she said in another interview, she told her record label she'll work with anyone but Doctor Luke, and they made her work with him on All I Ever wanted, and they did. My life would suck without you together, and she claims she actually wrote enough of that song to get songwriting credit. She like worked on it enough where she could have been as the artist, like put my name on this, Yeah, but she says, I didn't want my name anywhere near his, and so I said forget it. I'll just not take the credit. And that song was a number one hit, So she missed out on dollars because of that because she was just not down to be that standing on principle absolutely, But you know one Katy Perry has just announced turn new music, and I root for Katie, but she makes it hard sometimes because she doesn't have to work with Doctor Luke. She's someone that is famously a singer songwriter who can create her own stuff and can work with any producer in the business. Because yeah, I mean, she might not be the most relevant pop star of our time, but she gets streams on streams, on streams on streams, and for her to put Doctor Luke on this record again has my side, I personally, because she's not one of the new young POC or queer women who are trying to make it in the business who he then goes to and says, I'll help you, and they're like, of course, I'm going to take this opportunity. It's not the same thing. This is Katie Perry, who's established and can work with anyone, and yes, she still makes this choice, so it's actually totally different.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to make of these rumors about this being gorilla marketing, her releasing a purposely bad snippet of her single that is not even the snippet from the song it's supposed to like enough enough.
Speaker 1: Of the I thought that was funny, I guess, I mean, but I don't. And now I'm already I'm already like this is what Katie tends to like get me to do is I just can you describe what's going on to the listeners. It's a slight eye roll, and it's like, I'm already a little bit exhausted. Let's just kind of get to the music, because ultimately the music is probably gonna be pretty good if she snaps in and really is as galvanized as she seem when she was like quitting American Idol and stuff. But the thing is, like, I don't know, it's like what when you're Katie Perry and you're bringing doctor Luke into it, it is a completely different thing. And then you see Kesha just tweeted lol.
Speaker 2: Well I thank God for that because I think that really did it was able to like be a funnel for like all of our thoughts around, like wait, doctor lu Like, I think the credits, well, here's what happened. I think the order of events was Tessha replied lol, and then the song writing credits came out, and I don't know if one was spurred. I think I think the songwriting credits where we're spurred by the Kesha comment, which is interesting, like why make it so damning after suspicion has already been raised. I think people didn't know that Doctor Luke had worked on the record publicly. I think Kesha might have known, but I don't think people were like, oh, what is this about. I think Kasha commenting that made people go, wait a minute, is this the Doctor Luke thing? And then sure enough days later they released the credits.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. I am grateful that she did that well, just in terms of how both of the snippets of the song sounded like. There was one that was like, actually horrible, and I thought that it was so horrible that it actually was funny. I was like, Oh, this is so clearly not it. And she's doing this weird TikTok where she's singing it, and there's times when Katie Perry jumps out and I'm like, oh, yes, like you get it. You're like, you know this self aware like almost like comedy forward whatever that means for a pop star. Like it's like you're like like fun, like self aware, like a bimbo of pop. And what I like that Sabrina Carpenter is kind of filling those shoes because your lyrics are really clever and like cheeky and fun, and they fill their aesthetic with it. They both kind of. I mean, like the Espresso video kind of like is California Girls without all the candy and stuff. Like it's more just like straightforward in a fluina cello. But you see where there's a blueprint for what Sabrina Carpenter is doing in recent pop. But it's like it's not like the second clip of what we assume is the real woman's world is that much better where we're like, oh my god, gag, she really released that horrible first song and now this one is such a moment.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, no, it's a better song, but the gulf the canyon of quality is not that big.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am really digging the way Sabrina is going about the shall we say you, I think she's very like you who like coded you know.
Speaker 1: I mean just like I knew she was my girl. I knew she was sort of my little sister. In the Espresso video when she's getting arrested and she sort of like lit her head is like flailing around and she's like ooh, I was just like, yeah, no, I'm into her. I really like her. She's actually forever for me, etcetera. And now she I mean, she's very much here to stay number one hit Please Please Please, Please Please Please is fucking great. Well, I love love that. She kind of got a little petty with it when she hit number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred o and she posted that gay being like no one's ever fly do it some gay was like no one's ever flopped this hard on a second single, OMFG or whatever the fuck, and like literally on her official Instagram, it's just her number one on the chart, a piece of the article, and then that gay guy's tweet, and it's like, yeah, and I get it. It's like, sometimes I can see being a person who receives tweets like that and receives commentary like that and is like, okay, well, just so you know, if you engage in a conversation, someone might respond, and that is a conversation you engaged in.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of the best way to go about it. It's the bird watching equivalent of responding to a fucking reply guy or a reply day. It's like, talk to us about how it's like bird watching. It's that you are kind of from afar, acknowledging its existence without actually engaging in it until let's say, you hit number one on billboard and then you can post a picture of the bird.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm losing the thread, but I just find it refreshing.
Speaker 2: But speaking of tweets, was it someone in our group chat who like unearthed these old Katie Perry tweets where she just fucking bullies Sky Ferreira And that is unforgivable to me. I do this on your behalf because you have worked with Katie in the past.
Speaker 1: She's given you job opportunities and you Oh, first of all, she did not give me a job opportunity. She was kind about an opportunity I got in her video, which, by the way, if you haven't seen it, not at the end of the real music video. I'm basically one of the leads of it. You are the lead. I think you are the star of it. She wasn't on set. Zoey Deschanel was on set. Love her, Love Zoe, Love Zoe. Can I say you weren't there but because you had to work. But I went to go see Katie in Vegas for my birthday, like I love Katy Perry, Like I mean, I'm a fucking thirty four year old gay man, like California girls in teenage Dream hit when we were what twenty two, Like, come on, we love Katy Perry twenty twenty. Yeah exactly. It's like, I don't want to be on here, fucking like, oh it sucks as she worked with doctor Luke when she doesn't have to at all. She just doesn't have to do at all. She just doesn't think it sucks, as she wrote it for Rick Caruso. I think some of the shit that she does sucks. And that doesn't mean I don't think she's a great fucking pop star. But if you what are we supposed to do? Not talk about the fact that she's working with doctor Luke, don't do it, then I think Katie is like not in.
Speaker 2: That window of unproblematic fave person. She's got all of Brazil, so she's fine, you know what I mean. They want her to come to Brazil so bad, and they don't care about Rick Caruso and Brazil.
Speaker 1: You know right, she did it then come to Brazil. That's amazing. I didn't invent it, but she like she helped originate it. I'm ready to give her all the credit that she deserves, one hundred percent, including the credit for including doctor Luke in the credit. Yeah, no, nothing's a mistake. It's just like, okay, so great. Can you imagine in the Uni of Our Lord twenty twenty four being her and being like, guess what you guys are gonna gag? Guess who I'm working with doctor Luke. Here's a big announcement. Here's an official announcement about it. It's like, huh, Like, how is that supposed to make people feel exactly? Like excited? What excited? For the bops? You're Katie Perry. You can do them without him, you know? And then I guess that's another thing to compare it to, like this generation of pop girly and this moment where everyone's like supporting each other and like being there for each other, and like all those collabs that came out the other day, and now you, in the same moment, are out here with a track list that includes doctor Luke, who you know allegedly raped one of your peers on a track called Women's World, on a track called Woman's World. And also like, notwithstanding even the sexual assault, but someone that many of your other peers are on the record as being like this guy's not a good guy. Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson and Kesha included. Like I said, this is not Kim Petris working with Doctor Luke. This is not Doja Cat working with Doctor Luke, who were young artists who maybe didn't have producers throwing themselves at them. You know what I mean. These are young queer POC people who do not have the same opportunities as someone like these other older, established white girls have. So I never really liked when people were like, oh, fuck them for working with Doctor Luke. It's like they're they're taking an opportunity. Maybe it's the only one that they had. I'm not saying that I think it's a great idea for people to work with him because of who he is. I'm just saying there is a big difference between Katy Perry at her big age coming out here with Doctor Luke on the track. Oh, I'm at a big age too. We're all at a big age. We're at a big age. We're all old enough to know better about this, And I fucking love Katie Perry. I just want I want better choices.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say I brought up this guy for a thing because I am convinced that she more than some pop girlies. We know, and we might ascribe this quality too, is like has had a history of bully Sky?
Speaker 1: Has not Sky? Katie? Oh no, I think even Sky had a history of being bullied. I was like, well, we have to help her. We have to get Kundans counselors in it. We need mediators. Why is everyone picking on Sky but you mean Katie bullying other people? Yeah, sure, Katie, we know stories of Katie at Club thirty three. Okay. The alleged beginning of the beef with her and Taylor was that they both were a Club thirty three, which is the secret the secret Disney restaurant, and Katie I guess to break the ice because of like there was like some John Mayer bullshit. Katie sent over a glass of milk and Taylor like didn't like that or didn't get it, and so that was the start of the feud. It wasn't actually the backup dancers. This is one of my favorite conspiracy theories. It's a great conspiracy theory. It's it's funny, but it's also like, well if that if I were Taylor, I'd be like, yeah, fuck that girl. It's the kind of okay, So again, we don't know that this happened. Pretend let's pretend it did. Let's say it's someone that is a peer of yours, you've been friendly with, but now there's this weird thing because they're dating your ex and you're already in a combative situation because of what the industry does to women in that field. Someone says, you know what, as a bit, I'm gonna do this thing, and they send over a glass of milk, which is I don't know how to describe anything other than very sixth grade humor. It's so sixth grade. So you get the milk, and it's like, whether you get it or not, you have to be ready to have the joke happen to you, and she obviously just wasn't. Who's ready for that joke? Though? Like you have to have such low self esteem to be like, oh my god, you got me girl, or like that was so funny that you sent over milk? Why is it funny? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It's nasty. Have you ever done that yet? No? I would never fucking do that. Wait, what do you mean? I just mean, have you ever done the bit of or the thing of like hey to the waiter, like can you send this person over a drink as a bit. I've done it as a bit. I've done it as a bit because I thought it was funny when I was again, when I was in middle school, I was an Applebee's and I was with a bunch of my friends and one of my teachers was across the like across the restaurant, and I said, oh my god, I have the funniest bit. So I said to my waitress. I was like, go bring a cherry coke over to him and say, it's from the gentleman. It's from the gentleman over there across the across the way, and I'll be there waiting. And when they brought over the cherry coke, the waitress dropped it and it went everywhere Queen queen, and I think she had been midway. I think maybe she was excited about doing the bit, and so she was like midway through. I could see her mouth being like, this is from the gentleman all and then like my poor teacher like had like his covered in cherry coke, which is you know, God, be a little bit more involved than the regular coke to get out because you got that sweet sweet grenadine in there. Though, the grenadine be sticky. But there's nothing more I want than for this to have been a real story. And the Club thirty three waiter brought the milk over. This is from the girl Dylan dropped the milk all over tailor and swift at Disneyland, where you don't want to be covered in milk at all.
Speaker 2: Oh No, that's a fate worse than death. I just that makes my fucking skin crawl. I'm sorry, there's something about that. First of all, just period. I don't know how you would answer this. Would you send buy anyone a drink? Now at a restaurant, Let's say, like you saw someone who was hot, Like, I'm gonna buy that person a drink.
Speaker 1: I have no idea how to engage in those situations anymore I have. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to be, how to be on the receiving end of that, Not that it happens all the time, but I'm just like what, I don't know. Dating is way weirder now than it used to be, for a litany of reasons. But I would rather just someone. I would rather just be pursued than like be out like trying to like be cute about it, you know what I mean. I think that like, ultimately me as a person, as a romantic partner, I think I respond better to initially someone else expressing interest anyway. Yeah, but also like I don't want to be weird and then like someone someone gets a drink from me and they're like, that's from that guy over there, and they like in some way maybe know.
Speaker 1: Who I am, and they're like, oh, ew, Matt Rogers sent me a drink at a bar. Gross. Oh We're never doing that. Yeah, I mean, it would never happen, But like, I don't know, I'm just trying to negotiate, like being out there interacting with eligible gay men, if you're out there, if you're out there, and I just like, I thought about sending a drink, and I'm like, that can't be the move.
Speaker 2: No, Like, if I tap a guy on Grinder, I feel immediate shame. Even today, is that the equivalent? I'm like, oh, why did I do that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say, tapping on grinder, you know, people really don't like it. You ever see the profiles on Grinder that are like no taps, absolutely no taps. I'm like, what the fuck is the big idea, Like what is the big fucking deal? Like, is Grinder just the kind of place where people go to say things like that? Or do they actually care? Are you just trying to project a thing of like I have an era of exclusivity around me, Like I don't do taps. I don't do this? Is it because you can't be like even more restrictive than that? And what your quote unquote preferences are? So you do this weird flex on taps? I just don't get it. So you got tapped, someone thought you were hot whatever, you are status minded in a way that is like pathological at that point, I just would love to interview someone for two minutes on this podcast and you can do the voice the voice things you dropped so no one knows who you are about what it is you have against taps? Is it just that you think it's flaky and you'd rather be messaged directly? Like what is it? Who? For the kdies out there? Do you want to explain taps? Oh? Yeah, it's it's a way to get someone's attention on Grinder. Basically, it's a way to like not saying anything without saying anything. I saw at Flirt, which kind of a great UI thing. Right, it's like a great like next evolution of like it's like a Facebook poke. Yes ahead of content. Hauns is saying, yes, it is exactly like a Facebook poke exactly. Anyway, that's that I think us interviewing this person is going to fall into oh what was that episode? Oh? That's really good. The thing is like, I don't understand how we could do another podcast, but that would be it. We also what was that? Can just be a new segment on this podcast, because you know how good we are about keeping up with all the new segments. That is it over? It's not well, let's see producer Beckett made us a dog? Should we look at nineteen cents? I don't and can I tell you something of this? This is how I I know it might be over. I don't want to do that. Okay, that is over. Sister.
Speaker 2: I am in lockstep with you. Whatever do you. This is our partnership, this is friendship. It's gotta be a hell yes from both of us. We are working it out on the remix. We are working Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm wucking remix. You know what. Here's the thing about the excavation of years. We tried it, and it was also a truly collaborative attempt at creating something new for the podcast. But if we're really gonna work it out on the remix, I think we started doing that because of this idea that we like didn't want to pick on like new culture that much because we are like in like the training wheels phase of a new era.
Speaker 2: Of the podcast. But like, I don't fucking care that much. I just fucking talked match about Katie Perry for fifteen minutes Deserve though. You know what I'm saying is it's like we're not even talking shit. We're saying she's a great fucking pop star, she's formative. We expect more from her than a continuation of working with Doctor Luke, because she's literally talented enough to not that's not really talking shit. And she announced that she was voting the way she was voting in LA So it's like, Okay, well, if you're gonna do that, then understand that you're it's a hot button issue.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot about her vote. Oh my god. Kay. But they don't know who Rick Caruso is in Brazil. It's actually a rule of culture number nineteen. They don't know know Rick Caru in Brazil, hil and until Rick Caruso gets the come to Brazil Lee, no one's checking for him in La so that would be great.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, but Katie, I feel like it's Katie and everyone else on the coin.
Speaker 1: The industry loves to spend to quote Ella Lord, the Legend the voice. Can I say she ate that? What is six plus two? Because she ate? Because she crushed it and I was so emotional, oh throughout and then with every line, and then because I ride for you, Charlie, if you wanted to know, now you know, I was just like and also the way that she wrote it, the way she brought back the they say they had we have this same hat. I was just like everything about this is a great moment in pop and I think, if there's any justice, it should be nominated for Pop Duo Group.
Speaker 2: Vocals at the Grammys. It is a moment and they deserve it. What I find remarkable about the Lord verse is that it is not like retaliatory like I think Charlie would have been down for like, yeah Lord, do the verse and like come for me, like because I feel like if you go back and read Charlie's verse, it is like a little bit like accusatory of like you, yeah, what's the problem, what's the problem? You've like bailed on me. I can't tell if you're being genuine like you girl, so confusing. Sometimes it makes me insecure the way that you treat me.
Speaker 1: Because low kei, like Lord, is a much much, much more commercially successful artist. She had been lauded in a way that Charlie had it, and then everyone said to her, like, you know, you guys are a natural pair, like it's a level up, like the two of you together. But low Key on the other side of it, Charlie is the coolest bitch in the game, and she's the one who truly moves things forward. And probably everyone's low Key in some way chasing what she does. Of course, So there's insecurity and the dynamic and then literally it just comes down to when we are together, it's weird, so what the fuck? And then for the Lord to respond with just vulnerability, just vulnerable. I love it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like, well here's what you've done. It's like, oh no, I was so insecure myself. I canceled last Mandy because I didn't feel worthy of your company. I hated my body, Like all these things I love, it's just self defense until you're building a weapon.
Speaker 1: Mm h, that is wow. There was a line about like I was at war with my body, like your life seemed awesome. I didn't want to be in your pictures. Like, I think that's pretty relatable to everyone. Like you know, when someone you don't really necessarily feel super comfortable with because you think they're super hot or really admire them their talent, or you think they're really smart, or you feel small in some way around them. Their intentions can be one hundred yes, but you don't feel good enough to show up in that as yourself compete with whatever it is. Because of everything going on internally, I have certainly canceled on people who I just didn't really know either what the intention was or why I would be, why they'd benefit from having me around, et cetera. So like I'm supposed to hang out with guys sometimes and just like completely took myself out of it because I didn't feel good enough. Yeah, I feel like Benny Drama is my Lord, No, just kidding. I was like, like, who's the gay equivalent? My jaw just dropped. I was like, no, can you imagine poking the sweetest person on my old planet Earth? No, I was going to say.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like, who's the game main equivalent to Charlie XCX, and I think it's Benny Drama.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, oh, I love that for him.
Speaker 2: But meanwhile, Benny Drama is the coolest, the funniest, the sweetest.
Speaker 1: We love Betty No, but that's why he is a good example. It out there and he'd be like, Bowen, what the fuck? And it would be a fun thing because because one of the scariest things in the world is doing that with someone that you actually have those feelings about, which is why I respect Charlie and Lord so much, just because they fully just aired this out and like, in so many words, maximize their joint sleigh, because that would be scary. I can speak for myself. I'm sure you feel this is a way to do that with our own peers in our own industry. Yeah, the idea of like.
Speaker 2: A girly beef is hopefully like this is a huge moment in the perennial concept of like a beef between pop girls, Like this is the way to do it, Like God blessed Taylor Swift getting Katie Perry out in the Hamburger costume, which I think is its own sort of like retaliation.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you so much for coming. Here's your costume. You have to wear this.
Speaker 2: You have to wear this for the way you've treated me. But this is like, this is a huge watershed moment. Don't worry, I'll look stupid too. She comes out in a super schemy hot dog costume. Don't worry me too. I'll be a food too, like tiny food, slim food, slim food. That's healthy.
Speaker 1: Oh stop, But.
Speaker 2: I just think also confusing is like someone said, it's the rate on me for people who do ketamine and period.
Speaker 1: Y'all are y'all are on too much powders. Relax every stop like every okay, cool, we all do ketamine. Like stop talking about is what I want to put out there as sort of a corollary to Elisiabatique. Let's take a break from powders. And that's fine if you want to do powders. I'm just like this whole thing of like, yes, community, we're addressing you. We all know that everyone does ketamine. Okay, now we can we can sort of just like it doesn't have to become your personality. I get that it's the summer and the summer is starting and it's probabe like ketamine yay, Like K is not in leisure batique, Like it might be a part, it might be a part of what goes down, but like that's cute a K. Yeah, it's becoming that thing of like when you're you know, when you like just get into high school and you start smoking weed or whenever you start smoking weed, it's like you can talk about you started thinking all you can talk about. It's just like I don't think the it's not cool that we all do ketamine, you know what I mean? Maybe it is all right. I mean you are way cooler than me. So it's like, no, no, that is We're not having this discussion. Let's walk it out on the real remix. You know, I saw the other night I did the monologues at Rap Scraps, which is the New Asscat, and a couple things happened, so I want to talk about. But you know who was performing was Tammy Seger. Oh my god, Tammy, and she says hello, And I remember that night we went to Joyantretoria and worked it out on the remix where we worked at and Kat and Pat and BSJ. And also her episode of Lost Coach Miss Sadie Cohen was a moment when we really worked it out on the remix. We walked through like a lot of hard feelings we did that and that episode. But it was just funny to see her there because like I was like, you know, you're dangerous because you open up the floodgates emotionally. Oh yeah, she got us to work it out in the remix. Actually, very easy to talk to, you know what I mean, like and so sometimes it's just like you you start talking and then you've said things, but the other part I wanted to say, and this was emotional. Actually, so did the monologues at Rat Scraps, which was the old ascat you've done it before, we know, like from you know, coming of age and comedy and a time when you see it was Julie King in New York that, like Askat, was like the hot to show. It's like such a super big honor to do monologues for either that show or Rat Scraps, which is all the classics from UCB where they're improvising and just such a fun show. So I did my monologues and they improvised scenes off them. It was a really fun night. And then at the end some kids came up who are Hammercats and danger Box and they do reality show now at NYU, and they were twenty one years old and they were literally little versions of us, and they were so sweet and they were like, they were like, we're so inspired by like, you know, you guys doing so well and we know it started here, so we work really hard. And you can just tell how inspired by they are by like you and Stephanie Schu and Rachel Bloom and Shana taw you know, shout Out two. The first time someone has ever won for book nd score at the Tony's that is Shana Talb. That is one hundred percent one of the original girlies. And you know, it was just really amazing, like and I realized, you know, they're coming up there in that group. Now, these are our sketuled and improv groups at NYU, everybody which were like stuff we cared so deeply about, and you know, they're looking at a world where like so many other people that went through that like really succeeded I mean a hammercant fucking headline Coachella. Okay, so like anything can happen. Yeah, But like what I mean is it was really cool to see them so obviously galvanized to be doing what they're doing. This one girl was in Hammercats Danger Box reality show and was a double major in drama and dramatic writing. I was like, you are really going for it, but like they're really going for it, and it made me so proud and I should I knew it would make you proud too. I'm so I'm beaming. I'm like I'm doing like a like a little like an emotional frown bottomized emoji. Oh. I just.
Speaker 2: That is like setting the groundwork for so much of everything. It'll be a lot of disappointment and a lot of like triumph.
Speaker 1: And also like it is if you're yeah, you're really centering the work early on, and that's like something that like I kind of like have like thoughts about it. I'm like I should have.
Speaker 2: I'm like, could I have done more back in the day to like throw myself into things, But like it doesn't matter, Like I mean, the.
Speaker 1: Answer is clearly if you could have, you wouldn't have needed to because look how everything has worked out. But I too was a war course back then. It was never enough.
Speaker 2: I lived and breathed it like it was what I thought about every day. Shout out to chemistry and my Bachelor of Arts in chemistry at NYU.
Speaker 1: But that was not the thing that was keeping me going, Oh my god, I forgot to tell you. We did Game Show the other night, and we do celebrity essences. Oh, and the answer to them was was you. We're the answer to what was you? Do you want to know your celebrity essences? Yes? I have to know. Okay they did? The people guess right or no, everyone knew it was you. It was easy. That was my note for us with game show this time. I was like, it was a little too easy. But guys, whenever we do a Bellhouse game show, you got a comment it's so fun, it's so fun. So it was Louren Michaels, Oh god, three dollars Bill, uh huh, there you go. Who's that going to be? Mikey Day? Okay, the periodic table, This is so easy, Matt Rogers and oh my god, what was the fifth one? Uh? Oh, tomato? I thought about tomato, but then I was like, people don't really know that. Yeah, okay, okay, sure there was a fifth one. I'll think of it. Okay, well I'm honored. Oh my god, that's a huge honor to be in celebrity essence, Well, it was just gonna be a twofer and it was gonna be Louren Michael's in three dollars Bill. I mean, there we go. But then I was like I was having too much fun thinking of them. Uh, we had a really fun time. It was really fun. But anyway, like seeing those kids and I just want to look at them and say, listen, you're pop girllies right now. They might disappoint you in the future. Don't for example, you know teenage dream change my life now. Crusale Voter who works with doctor Luke still listen to me. I know you love Sabrina Carpenter, I know you love Chapelon. They're humans. They might disappoint you one day. I never forget what good luck they meant to you. Now I'm just kidding. She'll now. I think Chaperon will never disappoint anyone that's not putting any pressure on her at all. No, And can I say I feel very conscious of the fact that like watching her blow up so fucking fast has of course been thrilling, But you have been a big You've been a champion for her since the beginning. I can't say I was first, because that's insane, No, but like I was early a straight man told me about Chapelane. Matthew Vaughn, my producer of Have You Heard of Christmas? We were literally shooting have you Heard a Christmas Dispecial? And he was like, you have no idea this new girly chapelone and I was like, yeah, yeah, whatever, And then I listened to casual and I was like, oh wait, do you have a major point?
Speaker 2: Matthew von deserves some kind of Elizabethigue Award. I mean he produced Have You Heard of Christmas?
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. But but I mean, like that is like a straight man with that kind of taste specificity. It was fucking wild to watch her perform live. After that, I'm like, oh my god. I went with him study and I went with him to the show at the Fonda, that famed Fonda show I talked about, and then I was like, oh my god, this is going to be so major, And now it's so major like last night at the Jimmy's, the girl who won the Jimmies like shouted out chapelone, Oh my god, talk about the Jimmy's. Oh the Jimmies were great, the winners were excellent. The girl who won sang the Music that Make Me Dance from Funny Girl Original Broadway. Oh wow, it was. It was really amazing. And oh my god, the kid who won, the guy who won sang make Them Hear You. And also his medley had been Seymour, and he sort of held back on his Seymour. But I'm like, I hope he makes the finals because he's going to open up and really show everyone something. And then he delivered a performance that was Jimmy's lore. This was so great. And you know I love the Jimmy's. I cry the whole time watching how happy they are for each other. And again, like I had just seen the kid the Hammercat's danger Box reality show kids, and then I saw these kids because they are so unjaded, you know what I mean. They're just trying so hard. They wanted so bad and it makes me happy and they were so gifted. Yet again, duh. But chapelone did get mentioned and well, I guess what I was saying is I do feel like her letting everyone know that she's uncomfortable with the amount of fame right now and that she's walking through it is something that like is a really important thing for her to say, because it means it's what she needs. And so therefore I'm like, you know, while I'm so excited about what's happening with her and what will happen with her, I nervous is the wrong word. I'm just kind of like, let everyone be cool, you know, healthily concerned. Yeah, like be cool, because I mean, if it reminds everyone of Gaga, I feel like when Gaga exploded, like her way of coping was to pretend she was an authority on fame and that it was her assignment. That was like essentially a millennial coping mechanism, I think totally, whereas Chapel's coping mechanism is very, very gen z. It seems where she's just like gonna be authentically a little depressed about it, like like you are losing something, you know, you get on the mic now everyone listens to what you say, whereas just six months ago you could see her at skokey pride, and she could say whatever the fuck and it would be whatever. But now it's you know, she's like, she's probably gonna win Best New Artists at the Grammys. A skokey pride. Real, it should be Every city should have a pride, including skokey. I agree. I got to talk to her for Interview magazine and she is just working through it. And what she kept saying was she good, and which I think is like, so, this is what's got out of me is that she kept saying, I am just doing what I've always done, and I'm like, yes, yes, you have. And I think I think she knows the roadmap for her, which is just to like extrapolate based on the way she's done things, which has been so gradually like magnetizing, and now it's like this ground swell where everyone kind of is obsessed with her. And I just remember like the days before A Hot to Go came out and she was just posting tiktoks from her little bedroom and it was like just like just so like I don't give a shit, like this is like this is like not anything a pop star I would have done ten years ago. And I love that there's new model and like the proxy war between Sabrina and Chapel is done. Like everyone like stand down, like Sabrina carpeting good luck Babe is so good. It was so good. I'm obsessed with that. I was so good. I mean, Sabrina is a really talented singer, and I mean it's a totally different sound than Chapel, but really just she has a great technique. She's a great communicator. I love her lyrics. I mean, all her stuff reminds me like Dolly Parton. If I feel like I keeps saying that I said, that's to do it too, but it's please please please, like really throws it back from me in a in a way that I'm like, I bet you know Dolly would be interested and proud of.
Speaker 2: To me, it's giving Judy sill the way she's sayings, motherfucker is Judy sil like from motherfuckertherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a moment in history right there. That's a moment in culture. Motherfucker is a moment in culture. And you know this, I see she's kind of uniting gays too. I'm gonna say it. I see some people hedging on Chapel in a way where I'm like, why A, you're hedging on Chapel. You love Chapel, Put your hands up. It's a roller coaster, babe. Well, she's reached to the point now where she will invite contrarianism. That's it. God, can you imagine that's gotta do what fucks her up? Of course, because it's like, Wow, she's gotten to the point now where they're gonna start talking about me like I'm not a person.
Speaker 3: So confusing sometimes so confusing. Sometimes should we do?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. I don't think so, honey, because mine is actually Chapel related. Oh this is our sixty second segment where we you sort of, you know, pop off something in culture. I'm actually gonna turn this inward. Okay, it's Chapel related, but it's introspective. Am easy. Well, this is Matt Rodgers's I don't think so, honey. And as time starts now, I don't think so, honey. The collaborative decision to not give Chapel Rohan's good luck Babe, best bridge of the Year the last Cultu Racos Culture Awards. We gave it to Treacherous by Taylor Swift, a bridge that has been celebrated now for years and years and years and years, and I do have to say, while I love that bridge and I think it's a deserving winner in any other year, good Luck Babe is the Bridge of the Year period, point blank. There is no better bridge that it's been released than good Luck Babe. And I feel like maybe we thought we were giving Chapel a little too much and naming all these categories after her. She won Album of the Year for the second year in a row. Last year she won, we didn't even know what the album was called. It didn't exist yet, and she's still won Album of the Year. So she's an Album of the Year twice for the same thing. Maybe we thought we couldn't also give her Bridge of the Year for good Luck Babe. Well, what I want to say is at the time, I thought, am I going to regret this later? And I wish I could say back to me as because there is no better bridge and Chapel it's an apology from us, because I don't think so hunt and that's one minute.
Speaker 2: I co signed that apology. And I also want to put out there that good Luck Babe has is gonna be nominated for Best pre chorus.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is. That is a fucking great pre chorus. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: It's the perfect thing that launches you into the It's so propelling, it's so like it's exactly what a pre chorus should do, should be, which is to just fucking.
Speaker 1: Drive you step up. Yep, it's the launch of the roller coaster. That's what it is. By the way, I know you have to leave soon, but tell them you're gonna be late because I have to touch. I have to touch on Dark Universe. Do you want to do it? I don't think twenty first, let's touch on Dark Well, yeah, I'll do my I don't think so many on Dark Universe.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it on Dark Universe. It's about Dark Universe. But it's so stupid. But I you've given me something, You've given me fodder here.
Speaker 1: But I'm doing I'm doing the gen Z hand. Wait, beck I get a picture of this? Did you get it? Did you get Okay, got it? That's gonna be. This actually was a little bit of a titillating episode. Okay, wait, I'm so shook. This is Bowen Yang's I don't think so, honey about something that's been really saving my life, and I'm looking forward to I don't know what this is gonna be. Bowen Yang's time starts now, I don't think so, Honey. Me thinking that the steakhouse in Dark Universe was called a Dark Steakhouse, but it's called dost Stickhouse. I thought that these fucking creative geniuses at Universal who are putting together Dark Universe, who are rolling this out like a fucking like nothing we've ever seen before.
Speaker 2: The hype is unlike anything I've ever felt before. But I did have to go record scratch when they talked about the restaurant called Dos Steakhouse. But I thought I thought it was going to be called Dark Steakhouse, and they went, if that's what it's called, then I am.
Speaker 1: I posted up at.
Speaker 2: Dark Steakhouse every fucking night, because that's the funniest shit I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I petitioning for them to change it to please call it Dark Steakhouse for me, please. I will, I will, I will go in, I will, I will invest money. I want to go. I want to eat at a restaurant called Dark Steakhouse. Yes, they will be serving steaks on steaks because there will be what vampires who someone invited in. Oh that's the one minute. Oh my god. So the restaurant is called Dost Steakhouse and it's not called Dark Steakhouse, but I do. It would be so funny if Epic Universe opened Dark Universe with Dark Steakak, like that would be so slay imagination on two? What are they some June month fags, unbelievable month, unimaginative June month. And then like they'd be like, oh sorry when we named it, we were all I'm kettymine, like what do you Okay, it's called Dos Steakhouse. It will be run by the Familiars of Vampires. Okay, so the Familiars, I see. If you're not like me watching all this content and passing it on to Bowen Yang literally And do you watch the stuff that I send you? Of course I do.
Speaker 2: I watch.
Speaker 1: I watch a bit. Don't even I watched the entire Jenny Nicholson Star Wars Hotel Takedown, so good right, I'm obsessed with her. Yeah, she's terrific. She's Chapel roonish of She's chapelone of YouTube because it's like drag. She'll show up in like so many different looks, like and I'm just like, oh, I love so many looks. She has a giant plushes just in the background, sitting there while she's fucked, while she's in a fucking first order costume, like talking about how this hotel fucking sucks. I was like, Yeah, this is my girl. I really want to know, like what she feels about the rollout of the Epic Universe stuff, because Okay, so basically my most anticipated land and this will shock people because I'm not a horror for person, but I am like a classic movie person, and these kinds of horror movies I can do. So this is classic Monsters, It's the Dark Universe. This is your wolf Man, You're Frankenstein, your Dracula, You're a bride of Frankenstein, your Bride's of Dracula, your Mummy, your creature from the Black Lagoon, et cetera. So basically, this is gonna be a whole land in Epic Universe, and it is going to tear.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 1: It is gonna down. They're basically elevating the concept of the Haunted House and blowing it the fuck out. So people have been on the Forbidden Journey ride the Harry Potter Forbidden journey ride. You know, you sit in those chairs and they're like floating chairs. The benches they're they're giving that, but there's gonna be no note ceiling, so it's gonna be like there's gonna be like three sixty wrap around screens end up to fifteen state of the art animatronic figures that tell this story, which is that Victoria Frankenstein, who's the great great granddaughter of mister Frankenstein by the way, go off. Doctor Frankenstein has decided to resume the family name, capture the monsters, and do a demo of how she's able to control them. Villain, wouldn't you know it? Something goes wrong? Okay, we did not learn from the original Frankenstein that, you know, we are not meant to control all nature. Man is not meant to control nature, and Havoc is going to ensue. And basically what they're describing this as is so so so in a word, county, because not only is a Victi, it's so Julia, and not only is Victoria Frankenstein popping off, but then across the way there's a Curse of the Werewolf roller coaster with a mystic named Malerva who warns us that we she warns us that we bear the curse of the werewolf. No, and then we speed off into the woods and the werewolf tries to you guess that eat get us to eat us. And so this is just this is women slaying or flopping with sleigh results all over this land, and that's like, I love it. There is dust steakhouse, there's a little makeup parlor where you can have monster makeup put on, and you can go back out into the park, not for me, but for someone else. And then finally there is a Burning Blade tavern, which, if you're fans of the original Frankenstein, you know of the windmill that burst into flame. That's going to be in the park and it's a full on bar. Okay. So this is sort of where I completely shut the rest of my life off and just only focus on this on YouTube. My landing page is so embarrassing. I'm really nerdy about it, but it is making my life better on a day to day basis. While I sit here in my stx S winter breaker in my air conditioning, happy for you and I gleefully pass it on to you too. I get so excited about showing you this stuff and I receive it. This is this is a thing that people are talking about now, sunlike guilt. Oh yeah, go in, go into this. I implicitly know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like, and people in Vancouver feel it all the time because they only get a small window of sunny days here and they really make the most out of it. And I really love that culture. Like these these are people who are go getters. We're active activated. But sunshine guilt, sunlike guilt.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, the days so nice outside, I guess we have to go and like gallivants, Well you don't. You don't have to do anything because the weather is a certain way. I mean, I I completely understand. And it's it's it's a form of fomo. I guess right, it's a form of fomo. But like, here's how I know that.
Speaker 2: I'm like not, I'm not like other girls go on all these gays posting from Central Park from like Sheep's Meadow or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, couldn't be me. Yeah, I ah, you know, it's hard for me to imagine going out and laying out in the park and.
Speaker 2: The words Vanessa Hudgens. I respect it, but I don't know that I would ever engage in that, and maybe something's wrong with me, but that is like Sheep's Meadow is Sunshine guilt Central. Well, I just feel like there's nowhere to get relief from how hot it's going to be, you know what I mean. Like it's not going to the beach, hanging out by the pool or something where you can kind of dip in, dip out whatever. It's like if you're going to the park or like something like that. It's like you're laying on that towel and I hope you're able to adjust to whatever the situation presents itself, because that is the situation. But here's what I'm doing, and I'm dead ass about this. I'm going to the library this summer because guess what they have cooling stations. They literally is room in the budget which is being slashed too fucking nothing by Eric Adams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fucking awful and has been fucking awful. And I'm so happy that there's like to see the uprising against them because it's been time. It's God, this guy sucks. Like the libraries have cooling stations. I just got my Brooklyn Public Library card. There's a new one in Brooklyn Heights, not a new one, but it's just it just they renovated it. It's an old church. It is chic as hell.
Speaker 2: I'm going there. I'm browsing all the DVDs. Oh my god, I need to talk to you about James Seamus, who go with the original Wedding Bank but with Angley Is also has also co written the remake with Andrew On. He finally came to set this week and so lovely and we went to dinner and he has this whole treatise on how streamers are basically ruining culture, all culture. It's like, I just I have to get into this with you, like in person, and I will bring this to lost culture. But this is like our culture is ruined because all of our culture is like browsing below the fold, right, It's like you go on the landing page, you see the title and if that doesn't appeal to you, you go, let me go down. And the further down you go, the more this feeling s that's in of well, fuck, I don't like any of this shit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is really astute observation. I think about that all the time.
Speaker 2: That's all of our culture. It's when you shop online. It's that exact experience of the further down you go, you're like, well, none of this, none of this is good. It's when you're on Grinder, It's when you're on dating apps. It's when you're on any kind of thing where something is Spotify, Spotify, it's like, well, something must be wrong with me because I don't like any of this. And then it is almost had a breakdown the other day on Spotify for this very reason because I was like, I need to find a new song.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh. Then I was like, oh my god, I can't. I can't because it's like literally, it's like everyone's going through it. And I say this with all love, but like I sometimes I feel like I go on YouTube and I see what they give me and it's all just like clips of Bravo, like what happened with Lindsay and Carl or the Dark Universe thing, and then I'm like I'm looking at it and I'm like, think aboutmy and then yes, missel so you gaining baby, I know, goodlock babe. And it's just like it's like a it becomes like a soup circle. And this the same little micro culture work. I'm like, who am I? And then I read a book and I actually have been reading a book that you suggested, Mean Boys, Mean Boys by Jeffrey Mack. I'm reading Martyr by kave Akbar so good. You would love it. I think you would really love this book too. Actually, you know what, I have that book. They sent it to us, didn't they? Yeah? I think they did. Somebody sent that to us. Somebody sent it to me. I was like, who who sent me this?
Speaker 2: And then like I let the galley set on my shelf flop flop behavior on my part, and then it came out and everyone is obsessed with that seth Meyers loves this book best five pans down and I read it and I was just like, Oh, this fucking rules.
Speaker 1: This is exactly my shit. You would love it.
Speaker 2: Reading is what find an endom. The library is where it's at. The vibes are immaculate.
Speaker 1: I go there. I'm like, this was college for me. Speaking of college, would wake up, go I was talking to Jared about this. He would go to the library Columbia. I would just go wake up, auto walk, walk to Bobs, spend nine hours there. I am all for the library. No cuts to libraries. Please donate to any library in your area. You won't regret it. Like Sarah Disca Parker did this whole like PSA on it that I really found cool. Like she was like, it's amazing, like that honor system, Like you have all these books, they're free, they're all yours as long as you bring them back. There's something beautiful about that whole idea. I'm like, yeah, she's right. Anyway, I know there are some books I took out when I was a little kid that never got returned. I know it too. We've all don't think I'll ever get over it. No, no, not for me. Let it go. That's hot sun like guilt. That's it's not at all. But I feel similar shame, similar shame, Like I just tapped someone on Grinder. I feel so ashamed. What's the title of app? I don't think we landed on one. Whack it out? Yes? Period, Okay, I do have to go, he has to go. So guys, we end every episode with the song go so confusing sometimes to be good. Whenever anyone is messing with you, just say go. It feels so good, just amazing. We're ending this episode feeling so good. Bye Bye Last Culture. Reactis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Many Players in My Heart radio podcasts. Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and Hans Sani, Produced by Becca Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Bab and Moniquela Board and our music is by Edmini Komerski