Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: Alexis christoffers, well, let's try to live up to that and talk a little AT and T. That's it's hard to get that went wrong. So the ticker symbol there simply T, as in Tom.
Speaker 4: What you do in a trading desk is, yeah, Sweeney, buy me three hundred thousand shares of telephone.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. That's how I love very old fashioned yep. Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 3: Telephone up four and a half percent, a down ten percent year to date, so it could it could use the bump.
Speaker 1: Quarterly revenue ticked up.
Speaker 3: More customers signed up for its post paid phone and internet services. That's a big metric for these telecom companies. AT and T added four hundred and thirty two thousand net subscribers for its post paid phone service. That's about one hundred thousand more than estimates. And its postpaid aid phone churn, another big metric, was below one percent. It's also accelerating its planned share buyback program to about ten billion dollars, maintained its forward guidance, and still plans to return forty five billion at least to shareholders through twenty twenty eight through dividends.
Speaker 1: That was my last deal.
Speaker 4: With First Boston was the IPO of Google, My last deal on Wall Street. That was a pretty good one.
Speaker 3: That was a pretty nice one to be a part of. All right, good for you, Paul Sweeney. Let's move on to super Micro Computer shall we ticker symbol SMCI up thirteen percent here in the pre market after the company announced a record backlog with new orders surpassing sixty billion dollars. This is an AI server company, so again getting a boost from the big AI trade and you know, having to fire up all of those data centers that are being built around the country. The surprise margin expansion put super Micro's fourth quarter earnings on share to top or on track rather to top Wall Streets estimates.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, can I just say other companies like Dell, like Ulett Packard sort of in the same space as super Micro there rising as well.
Speaker 1: But IBM is out with learnings today after the debacle of x number of days quot right.
Speaker 3: You know it already warns, so I wonder how much lower might it go. I mean, I think it's sort of set wall straight up for what it's going to say after the bell.
Speaker 1: But we'll see. In a headline twenty minutes ago, Julian Emmanuel over evercore Isi, the moment of truth has arrived. I mean he's out of control, speaking on a control continue st Reddit.
Speaker 3: We know, Reddit, the social platform down seven percent today, down nearly twenty percent year to date. This is following reports that the social platform is threatening to block Google from using its content to train AI models. You know what, this is a growing trend, Politico saying this, yep. The economists USA Today, Reuters, they're all reevaluating their deals, their partnerships here with Google. According to the Wall Street Journal, Reddit executives are considering pulling the plug on Alphabet's access as the two companies negotiate a renewal of their data licensing agreement, which they inked about two years ago.
Speaker 1: It's not a small manner. I mean, now, somebody at some point's got to get paid, right for all that? Exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: I have read it on my phone now, the kids read it. Kids are forcing me don't use it. I'm starting missing something I do it for, like just weird stuff that I search for and I find that's not you know, just kind of off theat It sort.
Speaker 3: Of gives you the sort of the zeitgeist, like your finger on the pulse of what people are thinking.
Speaker 1: I don't take it too much to heart, but it's part of my overall search. If you will, Okay, you're mosaic. One more you want to sell.
Speaker 3: I actually want to about advanced nuclear reactor suppliers because we don't talk about them nearly as much as we should. Oklo and x Energy, both those stocks are up today. They are joining tech giants in a Trump administration led program here to speed the development of new power plants for AI data centers. This steel also includes the big ones, Microsoft and Nvidia as well, but Ochlo and.
Speaker 1: X Energy having a nice pre market today.
Speaker 2: This Domover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app