Speaker 1: So you know, on our Sammy walk, Susan and I often throw questions at each other and then sometimes the questions are really fun and I bring them here and most of the time they're not. You don't hear them. But we had a good one the other day, just because, unlike most people in the world.
Speaker 2: The three of us are getting younger exactly.
Speaker 1: But if we were getting older and the world around us was changing, if you had the option to look back and bring one restaurant or store that has since closed from your youth back, what would it be? And I'll answer to give you guys a chance to think.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, because question yeah Blockbuster, oh boy, you do.
Speaker 4: That's so easy for you, you're.
Speaker 2: It was so easy for me.
Speaker 1: I want Blockbuster back. I miss walking through the aisles. I miss picking up videos, well they were videos at the time, now that then they became blue raisins and flipping them over and looking at the cover. I missed the whole action of the new movies came out on Tuesday. I get to go see what's out there. I get you know, it was a whole thing for me, and it was a ritual. So that was mine easy bar Nunn Susan. Apparently when she was growing up, there was a store near her where all they did was sell.
Speaker 2: Jeans, a whole store.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well different types, like not like a leaf ice, No.
Speaker 2: Apparently, all different types of jeans.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well were their shirts that She's like, Nope, it was a store full of jeens.
Speaker 2: It was like, okay, weird.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking you, is there something that you remember from your youth that you're like, I want that back, bringing you back absolutely actually weirdly enough, it came up this weekend.
Speaker 5: It was a horror convent.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I was at a horror convention and reconnected with Eli Roth, who directed count Here, because were all there with the cast and we were talking about, you know, what we're up to or where we're living. And he's like, you know, I mentioned that I live in Highland Park and he goes, did you move to Highland Park? Just so you were hoping they would reopen Highland Grounds.
Speaker 2: I was like, how do you remember and he's like, I.
Speaker 7: Remember Highland Grounds. That was the best place in all of LA they had.
Speaker 5: I've talked about it on the show.
Speaker 7: I feel like, yeah, Highland and Melrose it's now changed to like it's been three different restaurants, but it'll never be what it was, which was coffee shop slash bar slash performance space with an outdoor area with fire pits. I would go at least once a week. I knew everybody that worked there. I knew the owner. He's the owner is a guy. He still owns Hugos. Yeah, Hugo's Tacos.
Speaker 5: And then Hugoes in the Valley is.
Speaker 7: A pretty good restaurant, but they don't serve what they had Highland Grounds, which was the Black Bean.
Speaker 5: It was my burger I.
Speaker 7: It was like, oh so it was like sour dough bread, some kind of pepper, and then black bean, like their homemade black bean patty. Oh god, it was so good guys, and they had their fries, their handcut fries.
Speaker 2: You used to do poetry there, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did a couple of shows there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it.
Speaker 7: Was also just you'd go anytime of day day, or if you went at night, it would be packed and there'd be live music or live poetry or something.
Speaker 5: And it was always cool and a cool like bar.
Speaker 7: Like space that you could be in as somebody who wasn't old enough to drink. It was like it was like the equivalent of going to a bar for me at seventeen or sixteen, because it would be like act, you know, people milling about and art everywhere and conversation. And then I would go during the in the mornings or during the day by myself and just sit and write on the outside outdoor area. I remember Tarantino apparently wrote like a couple of his scripts there, because apparently he writes like long hand, like or used to write his scripts by hand, and like I remember being out there and the Highland grounds like thing, and Tarantino's over in the corner writing.
Speaker 5: It was like it was just like the coolest spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like that.
Speaker 3: That place sounds good. Both of you guys had answers that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I really like that.
Speaker 3: I don't even like movies, you know how I feel about art in general.
Speaker 4: But I the idea of because one of the things.
Speaker 3: I don't love about movie watching is the fact that I have to look on my phone to figure something out what is there to watch. I like the idea, and I miss the blockbuster nights where you do go, we're gonna watch a movie tonight, and you walk into a place and you've got all the covers. I remember the VHS covers all lined up and you get to look at all of them and then pick oh, let's go over here. Let's say that you carry a few of them around with you. Then you narrow it down. I loved that. That that is very fun. And then hearing writer talk about Highland Grounds reminded me of my place when I was eighteen nineteen twenty twenty one and going out, was called the Coffee House and it was started. You remember the Coffee House.
Speaker 5: It's still I mean the place is still there. Now it's something else, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Something else, but the location is still there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was started by Brent Boldhouse, who was one of the most famous club promoters at the time, and he had been sober for a very long time. And one of the things that he remembers being hard for him about his sobriety is that people would always want to go to the clubs that were nearby, and then when the clubs would end, everyone would go to after parties and he's everything if you weren't going to go drink or do anything like that. He wanted a place that where you could go as a sober person and still have community and still hang out that bar vibe and so it had indoor outdoor space. They used to do some events there where people could do, you know, spoken words. If you wanted to see Leonardo DiCaprio playing backgam and that was a good spot to find him.
Speaker 4: And it was just a.
Speaker 3: Similar writer to hearing you talk about Highland Grounds. I knew everyone there. I felt at home there. They had great food. So they were also open during the day. It's not like you had to go there after you know, two am, but they were opened super late. They were open until you know, four or five o'clock in the morning for people who used to go to clubs and.
Speaker 4: Then want somewhere to go on the Sunset Strip.
Speaker 3: Right right on the Sunset Strip gives me like when I think back to it's like one of my warm, fuzzy places is is the coffee House.
Speaker 5: The space is still the same. Yeah, it's now it's just a bar with food.
Speaker 7: I mean it's actually not bad, it's but so it's much more of a bar traditional but the space still what they've redesigned. How they redesigned that space with the outdoor area it's still there. I just went there a couple of months ago after a friend's movie premiere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's still.
Speaker 6: A cool space.
Speaker 4: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: I love how both of your places. Oh I was gonna say, I just left.
Speaker 1: How both your places are designed for socialization and mine is designed to stay by myself.
Speaker 5: So that's so accurate if you want to go.
Speaker 8: On record as saying, well, this is a question that I think about probably every forty to fifty minutes. Are you serious which Danielle, Oh yeah, Danielle knows that when we drive down the street, she can tell you what I do.
Speaker 4: Jensen's.
Speaker 3: One of Jensen's favorite things to do is when he has time, randomly get off on an exit ten to fifteen minutes away from our house and take Ventura just to comment on what's closed.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a great way place they had to be that.
Speaker 4: Wow, look at that. That's out of business now. Huh, Yes, that was the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Jens and I are start carpooling. It'll be fine. We'll get to everywhere a half hour late, but it'll be great. I figured you were going to say rudies, because any.
Speaker 7: Ruby sadness is it sadness and regret or is it kind of joyful?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm just business reporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no emotion attached to it at all. It's mostly just the way he said, the way he will let you know everyone who's died.
Speaker 4: That's how he does with businesses dead.
Speaker 1: That business dad, I will get I will get rip inserted name here from Jensen And then ten minutes later, Apple News announces the person's dead, just walking from from from a convalescent room to convent just holding people's hands.
Speaker 2: And that's like star and.
Speaker 5: Like it's like putting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's putting a mirror in front of him. Be like, Okay, Robert Deval's dead.
Speaker 8: Okay, I will say I will say this started as a bit with you guys, like obviously it was funny that I would do it. And I'm not going to say who the celebrities are, but Danielle can tell you that in the last two or three months, I have known about celebrity deaths before they publicly were announced, which is one.
Speaker 2: Of they even know they we're dead. I know in five minutes.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I just hope that when I die, he lets you guys know the same way Danielle.
Speaker 5: Alright, daniel Fisher, your world.
Speaker 4: Text, our friend, your wife. Yeah, it just happened, just happened.
Speaker 8: There no other place in the middle of the night when I wake up at two am from you know, the boys yelling our name or something where I can just lean over and write rest in peace. Robert Carodine.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a tough one. Revenge Nerds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, God, it's so it's so much just like being and I see Gents's name, like somebody died.
Speaker 2: Here we go, who is it? Somebody died or we've got an ad read which.
Speaker 1: It's just a beor exactly either Robert duvallis died or we have a better health ad.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Pod meets World.
Speaker 2: I'm Danielle Fischel, I'm right or Strong, and I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 3: There was absolutely no universe where the three of us could close out the Boy Meets World episode recaps without welcoming back, one of the only faces we saw through the shows in tire run, or at least a face we were always happy to see. He joined the show in season one, a childhood friend of Michael Jacobs, who had already made a career out of writing about TV and movies. Boy Meets World finally gave him the opportunity to start making some himself. Why don't you just move to la and try it out? Turned into seven seasons over eleven scripts, with his name on the cover, a producing title, and an eventual Emmy nomination for his work on Girl Meets World. It doesn't matter who we asked to do the podcast. If you worked behind the scenes on Boy Meets World and we mentioned Jeff Manel, you smile. This teddy bear not only contributed countless legendary moments to the show, including the quintessential and then there was sean episode, but he was also a crucial addition to the spirit and well being of the writer's room, and he continues to spearhead the camaraderie of the show even thirty years later. He's always a phone call away, not only to us, but to anyone who shares the IMDb credit of our cult classic TV GIF sitcom. I hate to think this term downgrades his importance to the creativity of the show, because he was vital to its heartbeat. But if Boy Meets World had a mascot, it's Jeff Manel. So to talk to us about the end of the show and hopefully answer some questions we have about season seven, a time when he wrote two episodes, the already recapped Angela's Men and the soon to be broken down The Provider. It's a rare lifer who worked on more Boy Meets World episodes than Wilfredell or Danielle Fischel. It's Jeff Manel.
Speaker 6: No, hey, guys, how you doing?
Speaker 2: How you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: You guys look great?
Speaker 2: So do you are? You got that?
Speaker 1: The season three Boy Meets World framed behind you have got mine too?
Speaker 2: Very important?
Speaker 3: Cute?
Speaker 6: That's season three?
Speaker 2: Isn't that the one where Alex is with us?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Wasn't didn't Alex Jewison season three?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It was only in one season one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Season oh yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 6: I feel like he was there much longer than that.
Speaker 4: I know his presence was. It felt like he was there for longer. But no, he was.
Speaker 3: I think we've all decided he was definitely the most underutilized. Yeah, waste, wasted potential for a character on our show. We just didn't really know what to do with him.
Speaker 6: We brought him in to add a little cool factor, and we did. But maybe everyone else looked less cool because of him. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It is true that between him and Tony together they had like a real cool twenties guy vibe, you know.
Speaker 7: And there was like the one episode where they were double dating or whatever. It's like a story with just them.
Speaker 4: It's only one, yeah, one, and it was a good one.
Speaker 6: It was. He was a great guy. Hey, I still is a great guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, writer and Will. We all just actually saw him not that long ago. He came to one of my Dancing with the Stars episodes.
Speaker 2: Really, so yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: That was very sweet of him. He came and we got to spend some time with him. It was great to see him.
Speaker 6: You were amazing, by the way.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I told you via.
Speaker 3: Email you always you always send me sweet, wonderful, supportive emails.
Speaker 7: I don't get yeah, my.
Speaker 2: God, I don't need anything. I got that one letter you sent me.
Speaker 1: That was a handwritten letter that just said, hey, Will, then you'd spit and then you just put it in the thing.
Speaker 2: And that was it. I I've been better with leaving my house.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 2: I know that's true.
Speaker 3: So Jeff, thank you so much for coming back on the podcast The Streets have been talking and they wanted to Menel visit before we wrapped up the show recaps.
Speaker 4: So here we are giving the people what they want.
Speaker 6: You could just replay my last visit.
Speaker 2: We're gonna let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: We always love seeing you. We actually we are due to have a lunch.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, okay, I mean you guys are busy.
Speaker 3: I'm busy now, but you know, not like you, So tell us about your busyness.
Speaker 4: Grandkids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a granddaughter. They live with us. Oh yeah, so that's been an event and but it's yeah, I won't I won't go too long. Your wedding doesn't care about this. But it's great here every morning. She's so much fun. She's she's really.
Speaker 4: How old does she know?
Speaker 6: Eight months?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so yeah, my my grandson's nine months, so they'd be besties.
Speaker 6: Oh man, yeah, right, that.
Speaker 2: Same Ageah right around there? Is she crawling yet?
Speaker 6: Uh? You know army crawling?
Speaker 1: Yes, he started that and then two days later he now you can't stop him.
Speaker 2: He's all over the place.
Speaker 6: She can get across the floor, but now she doesn't know how to use her knees yet.
Speaker 2: She's skittery, she's scarty climb up on.
Speaker 6: Me and she's yeah, she's very cute. It's it's uh n. It has elevated our lives, so it's.
Speaker 3: Nice, not so fun. I want to talk to you. What do you remember about season you have?
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for coming. We've been old, Jensten.
Speaker 6: I go, my memory isn't as sharp as it was the last time, and it wasn't that sharp. No, I mean I remember, you know. I mean we knew it was gonna be our last season. Yeah, I believe a couple of seasons prior to that we were worried that was gonna be our last season because we're sure Ben wanted to do it anymore. I think it was had a moment of thinking, I don't know, well, he was going.
Speaker 1: To college, he got into college, and then he deferred for a year for Stanford.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was going to leave season six.
Speaker 6: And and you know, he knew, and we all wanted to wrap it up, you know, in a in a nice way because a lot of shows don't get a chance to do that. So so, I mean, I think we knew early on. I think we knew probably in the season two, you guys are gonna get married Coreyan Panga and the show this season, you know, I mean there was a lot more serious. I just watched a bunch of episodes because I have not seen it in thirty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: The wedding one, I have to say, the winning one is just great. Yes, the yeah, you know Sean and Corey's fight. Will you know You're you're lying? You know, poor funny in that episode, that tense, serious moment. It was just that. That's great. That was great to see Willy up there. You know, I watched a lot of my watch and I go, boy, I don't remember any of that, but this one I I of course remember, and uh, but there were some of them that I go, oh, that's so serious, which is why we then did like Will in the Couch you want me to count? Yeah, right, And thank God for that, you know, because that one was I mean, that was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's that.
Speaker 1: It was fun though, that was that was like a fun, kind of rompy episode. But you said that you knew, we all knew going in that it was going to be our last season, but we also only got picked up for thirteen, So was.
Speaker 6: That for the last season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, originally were picked up for thirteen, and then we got picked up for our back nine, like calthway through the season?
Speaker 6: Is that, I believe you? Why would they only had this up for thirteen episodes for last season when we were doing so well.
Speaker 1: Because we thought we were done. Yeah, they said that we were only going to do thirteen. And then because Ryder and I started to do our our fake documentary for the party, and then we got picked up for our back nine, we got to put it on the kind of the back burner and we.
Speaker 2: Got to hold off for a while.
Speaker 1: So then I guess my next question is going to matter which was the last up of the very last episode of the season.
Speaker 2: Was that originally supposed to be episode thirteen?
Speaker 1: I guess was, Well, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming when do we get the bag nine order, because we would have moved everything up if we know that. I mean, because the wedding was what episode seven? I guess, right, so maybe I wonder if that was going to be the end. I mean that that would have been a pretty good finale if that was if that's what we had going. But yeah, well I feel bad you should be the guest today, will because I don't remember that at all. I believe you again, you know, I have no one I can really chill. I could check with Mike Glicoos, But yeah, I don't remember when we got the word for the back nine, but I'm glad we did because the money was great. But the finale, finale, the last two partner was you know, so necessary, and I thought perfect, especially you know last scene. I mean, oh yeah, we all got to see you guys say goodbye. I remember, you know, starting to cheer up a little bit at the memory of just watching you guys saying goodbye to Feeni and we're saying about the show. I mean, that's a big, big, big chunk of my life and obviously your guys life. So I'm glad ABC was smart enough to give us the full season.
Speaker 3: Yes, you had taken a really big risk moving out to Los Angeles and you know, hoping the show takes off, and then it does and then you know, seven seasons is obviously what showrunners and producers dream of.
Speaker 4: Were you still having fun at this point, Like, do.
Speaker 3: You remember every day going into the office and just even though you knew it was going to be the end and you were ready to wrap it up.
Speaker 4: Were you having fun every.
Speaker 6: Day, every day overall over once in a while. You know, the hours, I don't remember the hours so much, like like you know, growing twel our hours were horrible. Well, we would have a lot of late nights, but I don't remember ever working like on on weekends on Sundays. But we wait, we might have listen, Yeah, it was a lot, it was. We always had fun the writer's room. In the writer's room were the most fun. But also it can get really intense and when you're there late trying to fix the script that wasn't quite working or whatever, that's not so much fun. But the dynamic at the writer's table is there's someone's always being made fun of a horrible humiliating way. That's you know, I'm not gonna say it was mostly again me, but it was a pretty easy target. So that part was fun. And you know, I mean, these are some of my closest you know, that was my closest friend at the time, Michael and Tishlar and all these people and Barry. Yeah, you have to name everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, the better name everyone is you don't want to get angry texts.
Speaker 6: I love them all. Patty, Laura Alis, Barbie and Erica. Yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 5: You got.
Speaker 6: You know, the crack and directing and Rusty directing and Jerry Levie that that season there was a lot of directors I think, you know, yeah, yeah, I think Kevin Tracy one which I was so happy about.
Speaker 2: Steve Steve as well, Steve.
Speaker 6: I think you know it was I think I think the season was like, all right, let's you know, spread the wealth. And yeah, there were some great episodes and there's you know, I did like the stylize one where you guys were talking about the wedding to we don't know you were talking to and at the end of review everybody, but what was that look?
Speaker 4: No, the I that I do in the episode?
Speaker 7: Remember that, Yeah, there was there was a scream.
Speaker 6: So it felt very satisfying, and you know, it did feel like it was time for the show and to be honest, you know what I mean, obviously what I've taken another season. Sure, I had nowhere else to go. You know, I liked the job. I loved you guys, and it was great. But it didn't feel like, oh man, they're pulling the plug on us. This was like they gave us the opportunity to do a great full season and it could not have ended better, I mean iconic, So.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I always feel like we weren't canceled, the show ended. Yeah, and those are two very different things in television.
Speaker 1: I were like, it got to so few shows, first of all, in the history of television get to go seven seasons and then to have an actual last episode where you get to say goodbye to the audience. That's really rarefied air in television. So yeah, that's something that was that I always look back.
Speaker 2: Is very special too.
Speaker 6: I can think of like five or six shows, mostly dramas, but a couple of comedies like a Marrittalin Worshow where the ending was it was just it was just perfect. It just really felt right for the audience in front.
Speaker 1: And it's big show too, it's Seinfeld cheers friends. I mean, these are the shows that got the actual chance to say goodbye to their audience, and it is something that's yeah, really special.
Speaker 6: You know, I won't tell the size, but there's one show when they got canceled. I think it was called something like A Married Dora. They were canceled and like in the first season, but they came in and they basically said on air, we've just been canceled, and I've seen that. Yeah, I thought that was really nice in the network to let them do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have them that worked since.
Speaker 3: But season six ends with a cliffhanger, will they or won't they get married? Do you remember was that a specific ploy to try.
Speaker 4: And get a season seven?
Speaker 3: Or was did you already know we had a season seven and we just wanted the audience to be in the cliffhanger.
Speaker 6: That's a good question. Was it a ploy? You know? It's funny. As far as I remember, I don't ever remember us being renewed more than one season at a time, never one. And I don't think it was ever a quick pickup, Okay, I mean after we were nervous. I felt a lot of times we were confident it was coming, but they would wait and wait, I guess to see if anything else was doing better, even though we were doing great. Was that a ploy? I think we just always liked to have sort of a bit of a cliffhanger, especially when we became more you know, the art was built, you know, we want you guys to be together to get married. So I think that was just a natural end for a season. I mean, it's a good way to end the season. I love you know, if people were thinking of coming back, they're going to come back, you know. And I also didn't remember, but I just rewatched that the one were maybe was the one before the wedding where you guys had Corey tipanga dot com and you guys talk to the audience. I forgot about that. That was great.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe now is a really good time to tell you we have purchased Corey into panga dot com.
Speaker 6: We yeah, I'm just going to try to go on and see what happened.
Speaker 3: It'll take you to pod meets World.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When we got to the episode we saw Corey intopanga dot com, Jensen was like, what does that do?
Speaker 4: And it was available for sale.
Speaker 3: So Jensen reached reached out to him and got a price.
Speaker 4: And came back to us.
Speaker 3: We did a little negotiation and we are now the proud owners of coreyantopanga dot com.
Speaker 2: We should do that.
Speaker 6: Whole purpose of this podcast was to get that.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly what happened.
Speaker 6: When we went on back then, I mean.
Speaker 1: Straight hardcore pornography Okay, yeah, yeah, No, isn't that where supposedly the poll was about to vote, to vote on whether or not Coreyan to Pega should.
Speaker 2: Get married married. Yeah, and I think it was there.
Speaker 1: It was awhelmingly that we should, he should. And I think it was their wedding invitation too, right. It was like the invitation popped up and then you got to vote on whether or not.
Speaker 3: And it had cut it had all the details like accommodations and registry like it had It was like a full wedding website before wedding websites even existed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just started, you know. So Yeah, I think when your show started is where I first got I remember getting aol.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, still have it, still have It's just us and my mom.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that we often talk about that we're seeing quite a bit. And I'm curious if this there was a reason for this, if there's any discussion about it. But season seven, essentially everybody's characters are different to Panga is not a hippie at all anymore. There's nothing hippiash about her. Ben is you know, kind of like playing an old Jewish man. Eric is out of his tree, So there's it seems kind of like the characters were a little bit thrown just to pasture and it was kind of let's just go have fun. Was that an actual discussion you remember having or was that just kind of what happened in season seven.
Speaker 6: I think that's kind of what happened. I think it had something to do with, uh, you guys, your maturity in human form. You know, you got a little old other, little more mature, the characters developed. There was a little more serious tone to the whole season, except for some silliness you thank god, but I mean, I know you didn't like being that dumb it's early in like season four or five, but having that element to rely on, like I mean, thank god for some best stories that were just so ridiculous, you know, Lucky Penny and jumping out of the picture and yeah, you know, and and but no, there was nothing. There was nothing like, hey, let's make them all different. Oh, there was none of that. It's also this is how you guys prefer I mean, you know, it's what you brought to the table. Was you you were a little more mature as performers and as actress, and your characters were so well developed. I think you can maybe go a little further than you used to. Also know it's the last season. Maybe it's just a natural thing, just right, you know, Yeah, yeah, have fun.
Speaker 2: But I mean, was there ever any pushback?
Speaker 1: Did anybody in the room ever say, like Tipenga would never have a Southern Plantation wedding.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that was said, you know, I'm sure there's a Listen, there's always dissension and discussion. You know, Michael always wins, you know what I mean. Whatever it was, whatever happened on there meant that at some point Michael goes, this is what I want, you know what I mean, or someone did talk into it and maybe he regretted it afterwards. But yeah, the Southern Plantations thing, I don't know what that was about. That was just to have ugly something stupid and that everyone will hate the dresses. But it's a little bit in wedding craziness time. So yeah, you know, you guys always asked me about the discussions we had. I don't remember many discussions. You know, I'm thinking about one most of the day honestly. And then to get to run through and what time are we if we ordered dinner, that means it's gonna be a horrible night. You know these.
Speaker 4: No did you okay?
Speaker 2: So then did you know during run through whether or not you'd be ordering dinner?
Speaker 6: Well, we would have a little side bet. A lot of times we would say, we're in great shape. I mean, you know, the network love that none of us are taking a lot of notes, even Michael's acting notes. You guys didn't take an hour. It was only half hour. So we'd go, we're in good shape. And then if we go up and he goes, all right, let's get let's see the menu as we were all going come, then we'd order something good and then the cuck you can tell, you know, and if Michael had something to do. Here's the one beauty, beautiful thing about season seven that the other writers are grateful to me and Barry and me, Michael and Barry and and Bob Tishler start playing tennis doubles tennis, and he would want to go during the week, and so in halfway good shape, we'd come back to do a half hour rewright, Oh, I love play tennis. The other writers kept saying, wow, look at the beautiful tennis weather out there, you know, And.
Speaker 5: That's why our characters were thrown out the window.
Speaker 2: Will the answer there is tennis.
Speaker 5: It was just like, do we need to figure out why this character is doing that.
Speaker 2: Let's go play a game the cloud.
Speaker 5: In the sky.
Speaker 2: Let's go dinner here, we could go play tennis.
Speaker 5: Got that.
Speaker 6: I lost a few pounds.
Speaker 4: For your health, your mental health, just.
Speaker 6: The show.
Speaker 4: The show was off.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Let's just go play some tennis.
Speaker 4: Final season. We have six brilliant seasons.
Speaker 7: I just see you guys all wearing like those little sweat bands on your and it's just like getting well, let's let's go.
Speaker 4: Oh I love tennis man now, Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well yeah, I didn't look too good, but you know, they it was fun.
Speaker 4: I bet you did. I love tennis manow wow, oh I love that.
Speaker 3: Did you ever write a full length horror movie script? I feel like that would have been something you had your eyes set on every hiatus.
Speaker 6: Uh, well, thank you because the scream you mean the stream episode. Well, actually, before I came out to Wimby's World, I wrote a it was a serial killer movie that was really, really, really dark, and I said it to Michael. I was I was never trying to get a job on one of the shows. I just he was someone I knew in Hollywood and.
Speaker 4: Could give you constructive feedback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he but he that one. I remember he liked that one. But he tried to turn into a weird comedy and I said, no, no, this guy has to kill that baby.
Speaker 1: You know, it was very very dark killing the baby nice.
Speaker 6: Progression. But since then, I've written a couple of dark comedies, but nothing, nothing really hard. I know, it is funny that episode. I told you. I think I wrote it in the day. I pretend it took me two weeks. Michael got mad and he goes, how far are you I I'm almost done. He goes, will you better not be? I go, no, I'm kidding, haha. I was done that one. Just that was fun and easy to write. But we're not gonna talk about that one right now. I read another. I've been working ten years on one movie. Well knows what that's like. Writers, So I mean, I keep tweaking it, but nothing's going to happen. It's it's more for me at this point. Wow, I'm retired. I'm happy. I expect nothing to happen.
Speaker 4: Writer wants to read it, I do, what is it a comedy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's dark coming. We'll talk off the off they.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: We could do a podcast live read. We could all take apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, we could.
Speaker 6: We could do it, you guys, I would be That would be kind of cool because you guys are real actress. But I told you the writers used to read the parts in the room and that I was horrible, except you know, Matt was a good actor.
Speaker 5: Mike, which part were you? Did you have a part?
Speaker 6: It was never the same. It's like, whoever the writer said they do the cast, you played this part? You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You were Lily's Morgan, but not Lindsay's.
Speaker 6: It was whoever wasn't in the script that week. That's the right, but yeah, yeah, right, if you want to read it, yes, it's a takeoff and it's a wonderful life. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: You mentioned killing a baby in the script, which.
Speaker 4: A question about the baby on our show.
Speaker 6: Until they brought up a fourth kid on the one of the episodes watching I forgot.
Speaker 2: Yes, so did we?
Speaker 3: Why did we spend so much of season six focused on the pregnancy, the baby, the birth, the emotions, the growing family, the changes, And then season seven it was like everyone was like, that was a terrible idea. Why do we throw a baby into the mix? Why is the baby just gone gone?
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm assuming the writers are begged to get okay, I mean it was very serious, you know, you know, I'm sure that was Michael. Michael. Michael has a lot of it, uh replicate life, you know, my kids, and they had an issue. Remember we had the baby was in ICU, right and y Yeah, Michael had that situation. So you know, I mean sometimes you also just maybe to come up with some new storylines and Amy and Betsy having a baby, maybe that's interesting. We probably thought that could be interesting, and it really wasn't.
Speaker 7: I also just think, you know, having a baby on set, you either have a doll, right, it looks so big and you're dealing with that, or you're dealing with really specific hours and you know on set, like you know.
Speaker 2: Regarding yeah, Eminem rattles all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Although we just watch an episode where we did have another baby. Yes, the neighbor woman shows up with a baby and that was a real baby.
Speaker 5: And then Michael's kid came in. All of Michael's kids were in.
Speaker 1: The season's Yeah, that's why they all existed, so they yes, all of them.
Speaker 6: Well, who's got Danny? Danny wasn't I think he was too young or maybe Danny was in the final season, right, he came.
Speaker 3: Out, But uh, who plays the kid in the hallway who says I see dead people?
Speaker 5: That's Danny And then he also is Joshua.
Speaker 4: He's Joshua at the end at the end, which is very.
Speaker 7: Confusing for our viewers, I think, because they're like, why is the kid who is.
Speaker 5: Seeing dead people come back as the baby?
Speaker 2: B Why is the baby five a year?
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know, just be grateful we didn't focus on that and season seven because it didn't lead to a lot of comedy.
Speaker 3: You're right, having a baby is yeah, agreed, and you're right, it is funny. I didn't even think about the fact that like Michael wanting the Matthews family to have four kids because his family had four kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, then was Michael, you know what I mean? So there's you know, it just it lent itself to some stories, I suppose. But I'm glad we got rid of the baby. Yeah, except for mentioning it, you know, correct.
Speaker 4: Four children?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were so happy and you mentioned him as well. To see Willie Garson in the wedding episode. We were wondering if you just had any fun stories or anecdotes about Willie or his relationship with Michael or you know. We we love him, and every time we've seen him on the show, it's been joyous to see so we we love Willie stories.
Speaker 6: I love Willie. Anytime I see him on anything, I just I always go, ah, will you know? Me and Matt saw him. We were at a Me and Matt went to see a movie and uh, all of a sudden, we see Willie and his son come out, and we just we just talked for about an hour, you know, I mean, just so Willie. It was just a great presence, you know. I mean, he was such a great character. He was not unlike the characters he played. He's just such a nice, lovable guy. I knew him. I think I told you this. It's weird. My my parents but his parents house in Jersey just before Willy was even born, So I knew his parents before WILLI was born. I didn't know Willie so much as a kid until he came out here. But but he's been friends with Michael forever, you know, and when he came out here and he had such a he had such a great career. Just it was so sad he was I didn't even know he was sick when when I got the word, Matt texted me, you know, Willie passed away. What we and we just seen him. I had no idea he was sick. So it's just this guy. I mean on Sex and the City and just so many other things.
Speaker 4: Uh, he was just great's special. He feels like a little bit of a good luck charm for Boy Meets World.
Speaker 6: You know, he was yeh mean, you loved having him on the show. And he directed an episode two I don't know a boy, but he did a girl.
Speaker 2: He did a girl. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know when he worked for Alan at the story, it was just he's just funny. He's just he's just and he would come up to the writer's room a lot because he was just so comfortable, you know, which is sort of saint or sank, you know, but Willie being in there was like, I don't know if you pitched, but he would just sit there and bring a good energy. So, yeah, I love the guy. Miss him.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, at this point in season seven. You had seen many writers come and go. The core originals are even long gone, but manel remains. Was it like a prison yard? Did people have to bring you cigarettes to survive?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what what was what was the feeling like in the room?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I mean well some of us were there for a long time. Yeah yeah, I was there right from day one. But mostly, and you know this is gonna sound self deprecating, I just had no aspirations. I mean I never wanted to. I don't know if people did. Honestly, you know, when I came out of here, it always like to be a TV writer. I was just so happy to have the job. And every time we got picked up, you know, like you said, I fund every day. Now. There was a lot of misery and a lot of dysfunction and a lot of you know, just weird stuff that it will never be disclosed. But I coach you in the writers room. The writers know more about you than my wife does. Honestly. They know certain stories they would never get revealed to your your mates, just because that's the way it is. So new people came in and it was always kind of like, I wonder what this is gonna be like but it was never like we don't like that writer. It was people left mostly on their own accord. Occasionally some people just weren't brought back. But every year the writer's room was like this is a great right, you know, I'm like, this is a great writers I mean, obviously the original for me was I was so new and everyone was like so experienced, and I was just happy to have to be accepted. And the final writers room, I meant, you know, Matt was there a titslar I'm going to rename everyone. But that group was a great group and everyone they were all good writers, and we all we were all in a groove by that point. Everyone knew what to do with the characters, and we had dynamics and you know, you know, whenever we want to, you know, Mike, we had a role going and then Michael goes, I'm going to go take this call. We go, oh no, there goes all momentum. It was. There was all the you know, shared misery and joy and love and yeah, but there was a real probably more bonding on the final season, just because knowing well, this is really it, you know, and so I'm not going to see these people every day for a while, and it was a long while before I saw any of them.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, I know you loved everybody.
Speaker 1: But over the years, since you were there for the entire time, who was the writer you were satist to see leave?
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good question. Well, I mean obviously when my you know, I was close friends, you know, with Howard and Mark, you know, But I mean I knew they were. I knew they were going to leave at some point, just because they were. They were really they were on the train, right, We're doing well. This guy was, I guess maybe not brought back after it. And he was such a funny, interesting guy, and I really liked him and he he had he was an experienced writer. I forget what he had been on. He brought. He brought a really unique quirky did not fit in so well with the whole rest of the room, but for me, that was a charm, and he he was really so nice. We tried to make me vegetarian one day and I got sick.
Speaker 5: He got sick.
Speaker 6: To a vegetarian restaurant, me, him and Howard and I actually got sick. But anyway, vegetarian. I think we thought he was dressed up as a chicken because the people from Cuckaroo were coming to visit us because we ordered from them so much. The president of cuck Creo came Glenna's walking down behind us on the lot with a sign saying, you know, save chickens, and this outrage. We were sort of an awe. He had such nerve. Oh, this is another story. This is Glenn Burd's the story. So we're writing and we were just used to be in Bob Young's office this year for whatever we were writing Bob Young. We come back, we go out. I think we had lunch at the conversay. We come back and Glenn is in there and he just has like a girl sitting with him on the couch. Doesn't explain it like a he want a date to the writer's room. It was like no one knew what to do with it.
Speaker 1: He's pitching and we're all going, really she.
Speaker 6: Left for an hour, but he was that he was really.
Speaker 4: Did she say goodbye?
Speaker 3: I want to imagine, like did she go all right, guys by it was good.
Speaker 6: Which is bye? And we all look at Glenn. I don't think anyone really addressed when like what was that? He He was just really funny. So I feel bad and sad that that he was gone. I haven't really spoken to him since. But he was great.
Speaker 2: He was he only there for one season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean obviously the chicken costume sealed the deal with Michael.
Speaker 4: Michael was like, how dare you.
Speaker 3: Ruined my chances with the president of Cuckaroo.
Speaker 6: Three times a week? Honestly?
Speaker 3: Oh, we know, we remember. Cuckaroo is forever boy meets world memory. For me, I hear they're bringing it back.
Speaker 6: Do they still exist?
Speaker 2: That no here for.
Speaker 4: A long time?
Speaker 2: Is it just in your dreams? Or where did you?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I did? I heard, I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't have to prove it, Okay, I do, I do, Okay, I'm waiting for Jensen to tell me, because I know Jensen was one of the Jensen was one of the people I think who had read it. Actually, Jensen said, Glenn Mercer looks like he did two seasons.
Speaker 8: He did seasons two and three. He had two in season two and one in season three.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, late in season two and came, okay, that's.
Speaker 8: Right, and Cuckoo announced, get clucking.
Speaker 2: Ready, What the cluck? Does that mean?
Speaker 4: It's the year. So I'm I've been clucking ready this entire time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be clucking pissed if this doesn't happen. Come on.
Speaker 5: Glenn Mercer wrote a book all about food. Food is Climbing. Yes so, and he's written like a health books. We should have him on our show.
Speaker 2: Already working on it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm curious what his take on bolos, especially you know.
Speaker 4: Money, We will will, we will.
Speaker 1: Clucking ready though, that was a year ago, and all the comments are like, I've been waiting a year and now I'm crushed.
Speaker 2: When are you guys opening already? Any updates? So it's been it was twenty twenty four when they announced.
Speaker 5: I distinctly remember the flavor of cuckaroo.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was amazing.
Speaker 5: I can remember it like in a way that I don't think of other foods.
Speaker 4: Completely agree. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: I can taste it, and I'm not normally one of those people where like smells or tastes bring me back necessarily to a moment.
Speaker 4: I can taste it and it's it's spectacular.
Speaker 6: Yes, the rest of this podcast talking about food because.
Speaker 3: I have Are you hungry, Let's order, Let's get let's get dinner. Let's I know Jensen talked to you about this while prepping this show, and we wanted to know what the couch scene, the tag, what the couching was supposed to be, had we not all ruined it, and like us, you had no idea.
Speaker 6: I should have looked up the old script. I'm sure I have it somewhere, but obviously I knew we were. You know, well, that was the crazy episode with Eric, yeah, jumping out of the painting, and you know, it just kept building and building building. We had to do some I just assume it was going to be just to scare the hell out of those guys and them jumping off and and that was going to be it. But we'll having trouble getting off the couch.
Speaker 2: I think just led to I couldn't couldn' get my legs out. That's what everybody always asked me, Like what started it?
Speaker 1: And you see me just trying to get up and it was velcrode. Yes, So I'm like in this thing in the bottom half from like waist down his velcrode And I don't think we obviously didn't rehearse with it throughout the week.
Speaker 4: Can I also say something.
Speaker 3: Your arms are inside the couch, you can't lift, you can't use anything for leverage to.
Speaker 2: Help yourself up. That's all core strength and I got none of that.
Speaker 1: So it was like trying to kick my legs out and then as I'm trying to get up, I almost fall into everybody. You can see me like rider like takes a step back, and so because of that, then by the time I stood up, I was done.
Speaker 2: It was just getting up with such a chore getting through it.
Speaker 6: As you were getting off the count right was going to break right there, but then it came back, but then broke, and then I think there was So I don't think we ever got to whatever was originally en.
Speaker 5: Scene.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 6: I don't think we did. I mean, I honestly that there's no way of knowing that, right. I just remember ever seeing what the finale was. I'll find the original Strip'll see what it was supposed.
Speaker 1: To well, And that was our question is do you think Michael would have let us leave without at least getting one take all the way through?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say when was the decision made? You know what, this is better than any trying to piece because.
Speaker 6: You know, when you go to anything you know, let's see every take. And then of course probably was only one take without you guys laughing. That sucked. Probably, It's just I think it's the only show where we ever did outtakes.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually know there was one other with with with Michael Michael's kid.
Speaker 3: So yeah, in the Honeymoon is Over with Danny outtakes, the tag is outtakes of him saying I see dead people and then looking out and going I did it.
Speaker 6: I remember that you guys laughing out there. I was. I was just laughing because it was just it was just so much fun to see. I just love I love break with people up. I love we do too.
Speaker 4: It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: But do you remember it being fun on the night or was it was always tape day.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that was a pre tape day and.
Speaker 2: It was not. That was the audience wanted to leave.
Speaker 1: Trina, she had a flight and she was ready to go, and she was not happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's the only one who doesn't laugh through the.
Speaker 2: Whole blowers because she's true.
Speaker 3: We had somewhere to go and a plane to catch, and she was like, guys, get it.
Speaker 5: Together, going to make it. Yeah, but then that.
Speaker 4: Pressure only made it harder for us.
Speaker 2: Oh good, exactly.
Speaker 6: Laugh of course you could laugh. I mean that was great. I love I love I love that. Now I don't remember. I'm sure we loved it. I don't care at that point on tape night, you're there until it's done, you know. Yeah, that's I never once fell off, took forever. That's a fun night. The energy of the audience, and and and when you guys laughed the audience, that's just the greatest thing. So now I'm sure we loved every moment of except for Trina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trina was like, I need to get on this plane, please please, actual places to be exactly. Do you remember the season seven wrap party?
Speaker 6: I remember if I'm trying to remember where where was? Do you remember where it was? You remember where it was?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. Remember it Wasn't and Diamonds.
Speaker 2: No, that was season two.
Speaker 6: Okay, now I remember that one. Wait, let me think where the hell it was. I do remember we all took so many photos together and it was it was good. I don't I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Where it was rider and I showed our video so there was a giant video screen there. But I can't remember where, Like what the actual venue was.
Speaker 6: We went to something that was on Third Street Promenade, because I remember I went to see a movie before then. It was Goodwill Hunting. That's the fine. If Goodwill Hunting came out the here we wrapped. It was somewhere down there.
Speaker 2: You went to a movie right before the rap party?
Speaker 9: Yeah, awesome, But I think I think that might have been the final I feel like it would have been a big to do, right, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't know. I have zero memory of any aspect of it.
Speaker 1: So I remember pre party because I remember Rider and I specifically going to Barney's because there were two people who didn't spend a lot of money on clothes. So we went to Barney's and like, did it right? We each bought two Armani suits really and yeah we were like we styled it for the party. Oh yeah, like fly suits too. One of them was so math rid and I think I threw it away last year.
Speaker 6: And it was.
Speaker 1: There you go, So I remember that, and I remember us showing our video there, but I don't remember that where we went.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I could find out, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: There was a big outdoor driveway thing going up to it because Michael then open the trunk of his car at the end.
Speaker 2: And had watches for everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh and I remember me had he enlisted me to help hand out and they were like he opened the back of his car and they were he had like one hundred watches or whatever it was.
Speaker 6: Did you charge you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were very nice. I still have mine, of course, I still.
Speaker 6: Have mine too. I haven't born in thirty years with me either. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and it has for a good time. Michael on the back and he was so I remember handing up. So I don't think it was the promenade because his car was parked like right.
Speaker 2: In front of the venue, right.
Speaker 6: But I will go back to you.
Speaker 5: I know there was one year where we did it at an arcade.
Speaker 7: We had a wrap party at like uh we did one of the Yeah, it was like one of those places that has like go karts and an arcade and batting cages.
Speaker 5: It was one of those places in.
Speaker 3: The valley castle not magic.
Speaker 1: It's a camel is that the one that's on yeah center or whatever, there's a castle and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember one. I hope this was the rap party. This was either rap party or a Christmas party? Was at like Hollywood Billiards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: We have pictures of Adam Scott at the Adam Billiard's party.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like the case of hiccups that wouldn't go away, I had to go to the R so I missed.
Speaker 4: That from the hiccups.
Speaker 6: What it was a twenty four hour in case of the hiccups to just go away?
Speaker 4: Did you eat vegetarian food?
Speaker 2: That's what it was?
Speaker 6: No meat? I don't know what it was murder. I went to the R and I just kept hiccup. It gave me a shot of thoro zine which cured it immediately, and then I went home and they started up again. So I missed that part. Oh God, anyway, sorry shout for that size stuck.
Speaker 2: So many questions.
Speaker 10: I have so many questions Eric storyline, this does sound like an air, so many questions. I couldn't make it to the Cory to peg his wedding because of hiccups.
Speaker 1: Didn't go away at the Thorsen and then it started and when you got home.
Speaker 6: Soon as I got home, they started started. It stopped immediately. Is like antipsychotic. The nurse goes, we don't know why this works, but it does, and she goes, it's gonna hurt, and it did. But it stopped immediately. I went home, and as soon as I got home, they start up again. But I slept. It's all rights. Wow, I know that's what Okay, No.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's one of the greatest inspective.
Speaker 5: Cuckaroo.
Speaker 7: Actually that's why for.
Speaker 5: The last.
Speaker 2: You got the cluck.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is a question that I think is you're the first person we're asking of this, and I am excited for your answer. If you had told out the behind the scenes Mount Rushmore for Boy Meets World, whose heads do you put on it?
Speaker 6: Oh? Come on, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Come on, Michael Jacobs, Michael, Michael Jacobs, the cast.
Speaker 6: No, not the face, thank you? No, not us a man, Well, of course, Michael Jacobs.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: Well it's gonna I mean, it's gonna sound like you know, I don't want to be more of it, but you know, put Arlen raising because she was, you know, the very first producer got us going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Ray Colecord, you know the music I mean, and now you're gonna make me want to put Willie up there too, because it's just great homage that, you know. But I mean there's so many people behind the scenes, you know. I mean I love all our camera you know, Ray Lou, I love all our camera guys. And yeah, but but Karen McCain was such a great p U. We had russelled. You know, can we can we do two mount Rushmorts because there's so many people, uh you know, I mean I'll be a mockery and say all the craft service people.
Speaker 2: I mean that was Hayfer would have to be up there.
Speaker 6: I think, of course Hayfer. I mean, you know, uh, you know Ded. I mean, there's just good Russ I mean because Russell was in front of the camera, who's also behind the scenes. But that was a little bit more I guess on Groomy's world. But yeah, howbout we just put four of Michael's making Michael and his kids. That'll make him for.
Speaker 2: That's a great answer. You still talk to Michael, right, you still talk to Michael.
Speaker 1: He has he listened to you on our show and has he come at you with any like no, no, no, this is what actually happened.
Speaker 2: That next time you go on and talk to him about this.
Speaker 6: He turned he's hurted me on the show, and I think he was pretty happy with that. And I don't think he said I said anything wrong historically, because honestly, I think, you know, what if I said if I don't know something, I don't pretend if my memory is not you know, I don't have the Bloodman memory or Michael memory of everything. I remember, you know a lot of great moments. But yeah, I don't think you said you know, you know you're an idiot that no notes?
Speaker 2: You got no notes.
Speaker 4: It's impressive.
Speaker 6: That's impressive, I know, I think, which is good because that's rare. I get nervous on these things, as.
Speaker 4: You know, I know, and you're so good. You're so so good.
Speaker 3: Maybe not a mount Rushmore name, but can you think of any unsung heroes like you mentioned ray Leu, which we've talked about our camera guys, but like someone like that, We have never interviewed one of our camera people. We tried Brian Mackenzie, I who is was one of our I think Season one camera operators who I work a lot with now as a director. But that's great, even you mentioning Glenn Mercer like that's you know, are there any other names that we haven't shined a light on yet that you think we should someone an unsung hero from the BTS of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's a good question. There's just so many people. I know Carlos would have. First of all, Carlos is interesting. You know, he was I think he started as McCracken's assistant. I mean, so he really he's been on all different sides and they wrote like a freelance episode and they came in the room. Carlos is a real character, but he's he's the coolest dude. But when I first started there, I was a little afraid of it because he had he was like so confident, like you know, he was so sick of writers. But he was really so when you won Carlos over, you felt like you were in. He was there from the beginning. Yeah, in different in different capacities. Uh, you know, there's just a lot of a lot of people. Everybody that came through you you know another there's another who passed away. But Judy tole she was fun.
Speaker 2: And you know, what was your favorite season of the show.
Speaker 6: That's a great question. I mean probably the first just because it was my first TV writing job. I couldn't. I never lost the thrill the whole season, even even with horrible moments and getting yelled at and having scripts thrown out and this and that. The novelty for me growing up loving TV and movies so much. Being on the sound stage where Mary Poppins was shot, Yeah, sharing an office with Jeff Sherman whose father and uncle Sherman brothers. I mean, I was like throwing into this world and just being on the Disney lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a magic.
Speaker 6: It really, it was. It was. It was unbelievably magical for me, you know, with William Daniels, who you know, I can't believe I'm even talking to that guy. So that that was as far as fun goes, as far as quality goes, I don't I have picked one season. There's certainly episodes that you know, we had great fun, you know, like you know, Corey Wolf, you know, and stuff like that, and that's a bloom and a bus ganting episode, and you know, and the final two and the last season and just you know, I happened to my name is on this one. But I love when Eric was the weather man, you know, that was y just like There's just a lot of great moments every every season. There was never like a season I go, I know, you guys, I think someone said, oh, this is when the show went off the rails, but I don't. I don't have that feeling. Sometimes it got more serious than it used to be. But I think John Strauss called me in season four, so when did the show become a drama? I go, I don't know. That had been the ICU stuff. But every season just holds a special place, you know, my heart. Even though I don't remember a lot, I remember just loving it. But yeah, the first season was so novel. Nothing could ever capture that for me again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, One last question I want to ask you before we say goodbye. What are some fun movies or just great movie recommendations that you have for us right now?
Speaker 4: What do you think are so yeah, yeah, what do you think are some? I mean they could be older movies too.
Speaker 3: Just why don't you give me some movie recommendations that you think we should see?
Speaker 6: Well? I mean, you know I love movies. I mean my favorite movie of all time is Raging Bull.
Speaker 4: Yep, there it is right behind you.
Speaker 2: Funny movie.
Speaker 6: Hey, we just watched song Sung Blue. I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 4: No, that's Kate Hudson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was so good. Okay, that story is amazing, She's amazing. You know, I've seen some I think I've seen every movie now I'm missing too that were nominated this year, Love Party, Supreme. But I mean, if you want me to go all timing, you know, I'm gonna tell you The Godfather and Meet Yeah, yeah, Goodfellas in the We saw what's that one with Rachel mccanas right now? Oh, send help. See that's a brutal. It's not fair. It's pretty much fun. You know. I try to see everything.
Speaker 3: So maybe what about some less known movies like something you think people didn't get enough shine?
Speaker 5: Underrated?
Speaker 6: Oh, from the past, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or recent?
Speaker 3: Just any movies you think were like, you know, more people should have seen this.
Speaker 4: And they didn't.
Speaker 6: All right, Well here's one. It's called The Life of Chuck with Tom Hitdleston and an actor whose name I can't pronounce. I came. It's a really beautiful film. I saw, actually saw it on a plane. I had heard of it. It didn't it wasn't in the theaters long. I think it's a beautiful movie. It's based on a Stephen King short story and I can't describe it because I don't want to ruin it for you. But it's sort of told in three different time segments and it's just a sort of It really captures a lot of elements of movies movie them that I love. He is great in it. But that's why I say the Life of Chuck. If you look it up, you'll go, oh, I may have heard of this one Ryder, you know.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it, but I've never heard of it, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: Have you seen Nirvana the band?
Speaker 1: The show?
Speaker 6: Not yet? What is that? What is that?
Speaker 5: Just go just see it?
Speaker 2: Just yeah, yeah, just got It's.
Speaker 6: On my list. I have make a list every week of what movies I want to see. That's that's big up there, but okay, you.
Speaker 4: See it, go see it.
Speaker 3: And it's it's also a Little Boy meets World inspired so inspired inspired by.
Speaker 2: Eric Oh for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for real.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Did you see sentimental value? That's also for a beautiful, beautiful movie with Stella's stars Guard and el Fanning. And there's one Norwegian actress who I'm in love with. I don't know her name, but beautiful beautiful movie Runaway Train, Train Dreams, Train dre so beautiful. Was that beautiful?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yeah, it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Actually, that that is incredible.
Speaker 5: I've read it like four times. You can't trick make this into a movie. And then I saw the movie. I was like, oh my god, you did.
Speaker 4: They did it so every.
Speaker 6: Shot of it, it's just it's it's a cinematographers should study.
Speaker 2: We're so different.
Speaker 1: I had a chance to watch a movie the other night and I watched Under Siege two with student Off. I saw that, so that for like the first time, by the way, was great, first unwatchable.
Speaker 6: And watched time. You find out he's such an unlikable guy in life.
Speaker 2: He's an awful person.
Speaker 6: But you can't run.
Speaker 2: You seen the movie, Oh yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jeff, we love you so much. We are so happy that the podcast has given people an opportunity to get to know you a little bit the.
Speaker 4: Way we know you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And on our route Mount Rushmore, Jeff Manel.
Speaker 5: Is there well in a black T shirt.
Speaker 7: I hope, Michael, it's just Jeff Manell and Michaels kids.
Speaker 3: It's cuckoo Jeff and Michael skids hickups and Michaels kidds.
Speaker 6: That's all right, I'll be email you guys will get together. Yeah, I believe that script if you really want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, and if you could, if you could, honestly, if you could find the script where at the end, we'd love to see how the scene was supposed.
Speaker 4: To We would love to know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd like to post that for people to see what how the scene was supposed to go, because we don't remember at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's the name of that episode? I'll look it up.
Speaker 4: That Angela's men came to visit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, I have that somewhere. Okay, I'll find it. I'll find it.
Speaker 1: Perfect cooling it, bring it to you, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: By he's just the greatest.
Speaker 1: I get inklings of what it must be like with him in the writer's room because it's probably like, you know, he's throwing out some good jokes and fun and then he'll just go off on a tangent about something that is just and then it's like, well that has to be a story.
Speaker 2: Ye understand.
Speaker 3: How was Eric being having the hiccups for twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Not a story that's so funny, Got yeah.
Speaker 4: I was dying so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets World Show at gmail dot com, and we've got merch.
Speaker 2: Go pick up some clucking.
Speaker 3: March Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer, send us out.
Speaker 5: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 7: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddie Moore engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Allen.
Speaker 5: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 7: Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show, or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com