Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty arm Strong, and Jetty and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: In honor of Jimmy Carter's hundredth birthday, more than four thousand children around the country sent him hand drawn cards bearing messages like who are you? And my mom made me do this?
Speaker 3: That was a well crafted joke because the setup led everybody's mind to would these little kids and even know who Jimmy Carter is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is perfect? Who are you? And my mom made me do this?
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny? Well, yeah, and I thought this joke was a striking from Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: President Biden made a surprise appearance at a White House press briefing on Friday, And it's not a great sign when you're at the White House and people are like, whoa, what's the president doing here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is going to grow toward election day and certainly towards January twentieth.
Speaker 1: Of what the hell?
Speaker 4: So we just sounds awful and incoherent and is on the decline by December January. I think the president may be hospitalized.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just thought of this.
Speaker 3: So if Trump wins, you know, a pretty good move for kamalas she should be angling for this would be Biden stepped down. I am the first woman president. I am the first woman president. Get it, you know, I get it notched, it goes down in history. I'm the first female president of American history for the final two months, three months or whatever until Trump takes over.
Speaker 1: Because Biden shouldn't be president.
Speaker 4: I'd throw an asterisk up there next to her name of the Wikipedia, but I guess it's legit. It's like Cayu who served for three weeks while McKinley was recovering from a sprained ankle or something. Is there have been a couple of guys like that who've officially been president for a cup of mead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she could have a good couple month run though. Sure. Yeah, declare war on Australia or something. Who knows. We have some breaking news here.
Speaker 3: Hurricane Milton is now a category five after strengthening it at an exceptional pace as CNN, and is expected to hit Florida in less than two weeks, less than two weeks after Helene, but it's expected to hit Wednesday so you know, they've been My whole life had been terrible at predicting how strong hurricanes are gonna be and where they're gonna hit one going to hit. They're wrong so often, So who knows what's going to happen. But if this hits Florida and it's really powerful, with FEMA stretched as thin as it is, this could really explode. I mean, it's already a big political story on the right.
Speaker 4: Holy con and again with the caveat that frightening you about weather is a mainstay of modern media. According to the National Hurricane Center, Milton's mind boggling rapid intensification is nearly without precedent.
Speaker 3: It's a superstorm because a climate change and Donald Trump said climate change is a hoax.
Speaker 1: Is what you'll hear for a while.
Speaker 4: According to more than forty years of data from the National Hurricane Center, Milton's wind speeds have increased by ninety miles per hour in less than twenty four hours. The storm has nearly tripled the rapid intensification criteria. Bab bah Bah intensified faster than any other storm in the Gulf of Mexico. Only two hurricanes strengthened more than Milton in a twenty four hour period, two thousand and five's Wilma in two thousand and seven's Felix.
Speaker 3: Now Ron DeSantis, the incredibly competent governor of Florida has done a fantastic job with a couple of these storms in his tenure, so he'll be on top of it as much as anybody can be. But in terms of the federal response, this could you really ramp up what is already a huge political story, some of it true, some of it not true. But as we played earlier, Tom Cotton on Meat the Press yesterday explaining, how wait a second, that whole we don't have money for the hurricane, but we've got money for illegal immigration. We got money anytime you need to bail out college students. We got money for all kinds of different things. If you need it, you find it somewhere. But for this, you don't have money. What are you talking about.
Speaker 4: We'll be diving back into that very topic in a few minutes. Stay two and if you.
Speaker 1: Can wow you know, I was thinking about this.
Speaker 3: When I was reading about rond de Santis being so competent handling the hurricane. What you want out of an executive you see, the president of the United States is the leader of the executive branch. They're an executive, like the executive that runs your company, and you shouldn't care whether you want to have a beer with them, or whether they.
Speaker 1: Stand correctly or smile.
Speaker 3: The right way, or have a pleasing voice, or any of the other things that we choose our chief executive of the whole freaking country on. You don't care about that for your business. You just want them to be really, really damn smart and competent. And that's what Ron de Santis is. But he couldn't smile naturally for some reason, and he didn't know where to put his hands, and so he can't be president.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that. He's an idiot. Get right of him.
Speaker 4: Ustream the minute Trump announced he was coming back. But yeah, you're right, you're right. Yes, it's it's beyond frustrating. It's it's practically it's borderline insane. I mean, it's like as somebody opting for a meal that looks really good even they know it's even though they know it's riddled with tomain, just go ahead and shout out on that instead of the more humble looking meal that will nourish their bodies.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's insane.
Speaker 3: It's similar to picking your mate based on how hot they are. That will that will, that will reveal itself fairly quickly, and I think we do that with our presidents.
Speaker 4: Also, uh yeah, certainly hotness can factor in sexual attraction.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if.
Speaker 4: You put all other concerns aside in favor of that, you are going to be unhappy.
Speaker 3: So I want to do this. Just briefly, I thought this was damn interesting. I read this last night when I was at a restaurant waiting for my giant Fudge Sunday to show up.
Speaker 1: I ordered a Fudge Sunday as a g a grown man.
Speaker 3: How's by myself. It's not like I was with my kids and we're doing something as a family. I was by myself in ordered a giant, not even the small one, a giant fudge Sunday.
Speaker 1: You were a child.
Speaker 4: I believe this is an expression of your desire to return to the simplicity of childhood.
Speaker 3: And it's funny. I wasn't high, which this story is about marijuana. I was reading this.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 3: I was reading about marijuana, not high, reading about marijuana while I wait for an.
Speaker 1: Ice cream Sunday.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I got a contact high from reading about it.
Speaker 3: Article in the New York Times. As America's marijuana use grows, so do the harms. The drug, legal in most of the country now, is widely seen as non addictive and safe for some users. These assumptions are dangerously wrong, and a couple of the points in this article that I thought were interesting.
Speaker 1: They focused on.
Speaker 3: Mid Coast main a pediatrician who sees teenagers so dependent on that they consume it practically all day, every day. A remarkably scary amount, said this doctor, and from Washington State to West Virginia, psychiatrists are treating a rising number of people who use the drug that have brought on delusions, paranoia, and other symptoms of psychosis. In the emergency departments of small community hospitals and large academic medical centers alike, physicians encounter patients with severe vomiting induced by the drug marijuana, a potentially devastating condition that was once rare but now common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here come the inevitable emails.
Speaker 1: I've been smoking pot for years. I've never had a problem. All right, look, let me read this paragraph.
Speaker 4: Smoked cigarettes for sixty five years, and he didn't get lung cancer.
Speaker 1: That proves nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's different. Now read this paragraph. This is the really the main reason I want to bring you this story. A thirty three billion dollar industry has taken root, and I'm sure it's growing, turning out an ever expanding range of cannabis products so intoxicating.
Speaker 1: They bear little resemblance to.
Speaker 3: The marijuana available a generation ago, a generation, a generation ago. So we're not even talking about hippies from the sixties what they were smoking. We're talking about what you were smoking in the eighties. Yeah, bears little resemblance. So if you think you have in your mind what pot is based on your smoking it in the early nineties in college, you don't. That's whatever. That to me, that was the key to the article. I wish that had been the headline. That's what everybody should realize. They should give it a different name. We're talking about something different than what you were doing, and that would be helpful for pot, Yes, that would be helpful for talking about, you know, what the youth are doing today. Many users believe, for instance, they couldnt become addicted to cannabis, but millions do.
Speaker 1: Sains the new York Times.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's one psychological addiction that may be a physical addiction, and the other thing is And I realized this later life than I should have, but I tell everybody who wants to talk about it. It finally dawned on me as a guy who was I mean, I was never like out of control or anything like that, but I've definitely enjoyed walking on the wild side at various points in my youth. The idea that I will mess with my brain chemistry, then it will go back to normal, and then I'm gonna mess with my brain chemistry again, and it'll go back to normal, and over and over and over again. Eventually, your brain chemistry does not go back to normal. You've changed it forever. Sometimes you damaged it terribly, sometimes somewhat. The idea that you can just mess with your brain without end and it'll be fine is a strange notion.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, I'll say it for the fifth time.
Speaker 3: The pot, the marijuana products that your high schooler's take is using now bears little resemblance to what you were doing.
Speaker 1: So throw all that out the window. This is a new thing.
Speaker 3: That is that is troubling, and and I and I hope, I hope society catches up to talking about it in a different way or whatever instead of it just being kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Haha. Yeah, whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're right, and that is disturbing, but it's you know, if you if dope is super intense, you don't smoke as much of it.
Speaker 3: Well, these kids that they were you're using as example in the newspaper apparently were all day every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get what you're saying. You just you don't take as many hits of it because you don't need to. You're already wasted. So there's kind of a counterbalancing thing. But yeah, there were not emergency rooms full of psychosis cases back when it was illegal. Why part of its societal but part of it's legal too. It's just the whole decriminalizing drugs thing has been a really interesting experiment to watch play out, whether it's in Oregon, which is reeling from thousands and thousands of overdose deaths and a tragedy, a human tragedy, to the problem with psychosis from too much marijuana smoking. I think we've all learned something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a devastating condition that was once rare but now common, say physicians all across the country. That ain't good an Oregon hippiest place you can come up with, they tried it and thought it is ain't working, and change the laws back again. You think there's any chance we do anything around marijuana or have like limitations on its, how powerful can be or something like that.
Speaker 4: Those tens of billions of dollars you're talking about the industry is worth now and growing.
Speaker 1: Are going to be arguing against that excellent point. We got a lot more in the way. Stay here. Played this audio earlier.
Speaker 4: It's a mob ransacking a seven to eleven in beautiful Anaheim, California. Kelly Unicorney have beset with lawlessness more or less from one end to the other, although in the Red counties it's not nearly as bad.
Speaker 1: That's highly troubling.
Speaker 3: And as executive producer Hanson just said, in my ear these mobs are almost always kids on se bikes, which my son has, when they're expensive bicycles, and so what are you doing riding around one thousand dollars bikes then smashing the guy in the convenience store and robin and so it's probably not out of you know what the left would claim they're hungry, they need baby medicine.
Speaker 1: They're just vandals.
Speaker 4: Please a bunch of seventeen year olds. These se bikes, I'm not hip to that. Are they electric type bikes.
Speaker 3: Or just a bike, like a particular kind of bike, and like they'refore tricks and stuff. Like my son Wheeli's everywhere he goes. He does not ride with what both ways on the ground ever, just as back and go around corners and stuff like that. Some but they've become kind of a cultural thing. Like some old guy yelled at him at the other day, he said, get your effing wheel down, dropped an F bomb on him. So I don't know if it's like the people have a view that the people in the se bikes are.
Speaker 1: Thugs or what that is.
Speaker 3: I kind of got mobbed by a group of se bikes one time and it scared the crap out of me.
Speaker 1: They're riding straight at me doing wheelies.
Speaker 3: And I thought, oh my god, I'm gonna hit him, and then they turn at the last second.
Speaker 1: That's a trick. It's got a name. I forget what it's called.
Speaker 3: Scaring old guys, Scaring old people, Yeah, scaring.
Speaker 1: People who don't want to run over you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to hang on a second. I'm going to edit my list of things to worry about. I've got to insert bicyclists having both tires down right behind people who have too many white flowers in their landscaping and not enough color.
Speaker 3: I think the I think maybe I could be wrong. I could have just been a crazy old guy. But the whole se bike craze thing has gotten attached to like this mob mentality violence that we were just playing for you. Yeah, attacking convenience store. They ride those bikes. So speaking of that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Peter Helmsley or Hemsley is a hell of a chef. Apparently he's also a good writer.
Speaker 4: He is closing down a restaurant in San Francisco and the crime ridden downtown just two years after opening it. This restaurant won like all of the global honors in its first year of operation. It was getting Michelin stars and stuff. I haven't said it yet, apa tic or a photic. I'm not sure how you pronounced it exactly, but it was mostly fish seafood focused menu. But I mean just amazing acclaim and he's shutting it down because of the state of the city. He cites being and I quote, at the ugly butt end of a desolate convention center suckhole in post pany apocalypse as being a key factor in the restaurants demise. Again, great chef, better writer, You're gonna have to say that again. At the ugly butt end of a desolated convention center suck hole in the post pany apocalypse.
Speaker 1: What's the panny is in pandemic?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, okay, that's where I was confused. Butt end of good freeze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's see.
Speaker 4: And he talked about some of the accomplishments even in the right part of town. These these would be huge accomplishments in that timeframe for any operation. But the fact that we did this at the ugly butt end of a desolation convenor center suck hole in the convention post panty apocalypse is nothing short of a small miracle. Yeah, unbelievable. And then they get into in the Daily Mail. It happens to be the list of closures in downtown San Francisco, including the gigantic Macy's that's been a been a fixture in Union Square since nineteen forty seven. They just revealed sixteen percent of their stock was stolen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, almost.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent of everything in the store was closing. So they're going to be shutting their doors. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. What does the states the storm zone need, mister president? What are the states and the storm zone?
Speaker 2: What do they need?
Speaker 1: What you saw today going the storm zone?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I'm learning what storm you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's.
Speaker 6: Everything they need.
Speaker 1: They're very happy about the board.
Speaker 3: It's a national security issue, as you've pointed out many times. That's why the cover up is going on. It's kind of a weird thing in a democracy of how to handle this. But the current president is a brain is shot, like really shot, and oh how do you handle that without putting the country at risk? And it's going to be interesting to read the book someday. I'll tell you that what storm. I didn't know what storm you're talking about. You just went and flew in a helicopter to look at the storm damage that storm.
Speaker 4: Well, and with all the death and destruction, so many people still waiting to be rescued from Helene, never mind the incoming what's the Milton to say? Everybody's happy across the board. Yeah, and it's so astonishingly inappropriate. It's a measure of how bad his brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, from a gifted super you know, good at the whole empathy thing politician. That's not the way he would have handled it ten years ago.
Speaker 4: So one of the controversies emerging from the FEMA response to the last hurricane is the slowness of their response. Some of it might be fair criticism, some of it not. A disaster response always becomes politicized, but there is absolutely a legitimate question about FEMA and its resources. You may remember the world's most miserable waste of skin, Olihandra New Yorkis saying recently that FEMA was out of money. They couldn't take another hurricane, and several people have pointed out, well, you've had tens of million, hundreds of millions of dollars going to illegal immigrants now for a couple of years, and you're out of money. Those stories are closely related, but the reporting on that varies depending on who you ask. Let's go with thirty five here, Michael. This is from NBC Nightly News.
Speaker 7: Like many disaster responses, the recovery from Helene is proving to be complicated. And at times slow. Nine days after the storm, many residents here they may not have running water for weeks. Crews are still doing search and rescue missions, and the remote mountainous communities are still struggling with connectivity.
Speaker 1: In the last two.
Speaker 7: Years, FEMA has distributed more than one billion dollars in taxpayer money to shelter migrants in cities across the US, but the White House and FEMA say that's from a separate government program, not for disaster relief, and there's no evidence funds have been diverted.
Speaker 4: Okay, so money being fungible everything, honey, that's yeah. I spend a million dollars on motorcycles, but I'm out.
Speaker 1: Of golf money. I need golf money, right, Come on.
Speaker 4: So here is KJP the delightful Little White House paid liar. The first eight seconds or so of this are from last week, and then the next section is from October of twenty two.
Speaker 1: Note to the contrast in what she says.
Speaker 8: It's just categorically before No, Biden did not take FEMA relief money to use to use on migrants. So FEMA regional administrators have been meeting with city officials on site to coordinate to coordinate available federal support from FEMA and other federal agencies. Funding is also available through FEMA's Emergency Food and Shelter Program to eligible local governments and not non for profit organizations upon requests to support humanitarian relief for migrants.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they've spent a billion dollars supporting quote unquote migrants, and it comes to rescuing Americans, they say, we're out of money.
Speaker 1: That was a different fund.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things that I have trouble grasping because it seems so obvious to me that it doesn't even require explanation, but apparently it does. I mean, how does everybody not understand fungible the whole concept, but it comes up all the time in politics. No, no, no, no, Aram's not going to use that money for nuclear weapons.
Speaker 1: We gave it to him for food. What. Yeah. Yeah, And I'm willing to.
Speaker 4: Explain that sort of thing and not be too hip for the room, because not everybody that's as much time.
Speaker 3: You're stupid. If you don't understand it, you're just bone stupid. Oh if you don't get it, you're stick. How can you not understand that if you spend your money on a fancy vacation and don't have money for rent. You could have used the vacation money for your rent.
Speaker 1: How do you not get that? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm willing to call people bone stupid, but that argument is pretty strong. Speaking of strong arguers, none other than Tom Cotton, let's jump down, turn around, and pick a bail of Tom Cotton arguing with d NC spokeswoman Kristin Welker on Meet the Press. It's clip number eighty one, Michael hit It.
Speaker 9: My broader question to you, I think is about this misinformation.
Speaker 5: Do you think this is a time to put falsehoods aside? Like the idea that FEMA funds are being redirected to migrants, which is.
Speaker 1: Just not true.
Speaker 5: It is true that FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security have been spending billions of dollars on migrants. I understand some people say they're separate fines, but we just passed a short term spending bill. It's very common for the administration to come and ask for permission to move money between fines, especially to prepare for emergencies. And second, I would note that this administration seems to have no problem finding money when they want to spend it on their priorities. When they need hundreds of billions of dollars to pay off student loans for graduate students and gender studies programs, they somehow find it. When it's trying to get helicopters to deliver food and water and cellular service and life saving medicine into these mountain valleys, they somehow can't seem to find the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's really two different issues. There's the fungibility issue of well, you spend a ton of money from your department on illegals, so if you're out of money, But then also the whenever you're out of money actually legitimately out of money or don't have money, you find it somewhere, even if it's illegal, but not in this case.
Speaker 4: I think this is a governmental example of what we've talked about in the context of living your personal life. What you do, how you spend your time, those are your priorities. You work seventy five hours a week, but you say my priority is my kid and your kids like I haven't seen in a week, your priority is work. Well, the administration has made clear what its priority is.
Speaker 1: In that whole.
Speaker 4: Well, that's from a different fund, Well, you spent a billion dollars on that, and now you're saying we don't have money for this and we can't get enough helicopters there.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you have told us what your priorities are. Right.
Speaker 3: And Hurricane Milton, which is the least threatening name I can possibly imagine, How could Milton hurt me? Hurricane Milton that's bearing down on Florida is now a Category five. Who knows what it'll be when it finally hits land Wednesday, but man, if it does much damage and FEMA gets stretched even thinner, and there are you know, people standing on roofs or any of those images happening, this is a growing political issue for a presidential campaign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and most days I've given up on any hope for the government being rained in and.
Speaker 1: It's made me happy here.
Speaker 4: But today is one of those those awful days where I feel like maybe we the people can do some good. And I will point out again, and I say this especially to my more progressive friends, but everybody, really, if you join with us in being a fiscal conservative, a real budget hawk, and just squeeze out the waste, the fraud, the abuse, the redundancy, the unnecessary departments, the giant, bloated bureaucracy join with us and doing that, we will have scads of money to accomplish what you want to accomplish. We will have all sorts of money for mental health care, for disaster relief.
Speaker 1: For the downtrodden, for.
Speaker 4: Tutors, for our underprivileged kids in cities, you name it. We'll have more money than we can spend. Don't let the guver be the most powerful lobbyist of the government anymore.
Speaker 1: And there's a way out of this. Scads is a good word. I haven't used scads much lately.
Speaker 3: It felt good, So right before we go to break, I want to mention this because I thought it was interesting. Political had quite a story over the weekend, with nearly two dozen Democrats describing Kamala Harris as running a do no harm risk averse race in which she's not really campaigning, complaining to political behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Now, the whole do.
Speaker 3: No harm risk averse is clearly a strategy, and it might work for she might get elected. But the not working very hard part that's a little hard to explain. Political writing of the remaining days blah blah blah, oh, get back to here. She has spent more than half of the day since the convention in Washington, d C. Not doing anything, and a lot of people in the Democratic Party can't understand why Democratic operatives, including some in Kamala Harris's own staffers, tell Political they're growing increasingly concerned about our relatively light campaign schedule, which has her holding fewer events than Donald Trump and avoiding unscripted interactions. But just the fact that she's not doing much at all in a tied race. People are bitching to political behind her back about it.
Speaker 1: And I get that.
Speaker 4: I just think, and this is obvious, but in twenty twenty, they had a weak candidate who they hid in the basement and they won barely.
Speaker 1: They have a weak candidate, they're hiding her in the basement. But how do you handle the candidate on that?
Speaker 3: Does she say, okay, so where we're going today and you say, we've decided to take the day off, give you a little rest.
Speaker 1: But shouldn't I be out campaigning?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, we think it's best because you.
Speaker 3: Can't say to her, yeah, we're keeping your events light because you're kind of a dunderpat and every time you talk it does this more.
Speaker 1: M than yeah. Well, and she's actually.
Speaker 4: Decent enough on this campaign stage reading her stump speech.
Speaker 3: Well, it should be great on Kimmel tomorrow night or whenever she's on. I'm sure, Yeah, she'll be good on our stern. She'll be good on a view tomorrow. She's doing a bunch of that sort of stuff this week. Well, and it's the luxury of being the Democrat. If she's not good, you won't hear about it except on conservative media. To the sixty Minutes Interview tonight with Kamala Harris. I love sixty Minutes. I've been watching it since I was a little kid. I've hardly ever missed an episode in like forty years. But I don't have much confidence that if she did one of her you know roundabout weird doesn't say anything circular, non nail silence, right, I don't. I don't believe they'd are it, don't. I don't break.
Speaker 4: Now we can do a little preview and see what we think of the clips they've released so far.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's on the way.
Speaker 6: If the entire sixty minutes Interview with Kamala Harris tonight has no negative moments for Kamala Harris, then you know, it was.
Speaker 3: A a hack effort at journalism, because there's no way she could sit for a long interview and not have a negative moment.
Speaker 4: Let's see how we liked the clips they've released thus far.
Speaker 1: Start with sixty seven, Michael.
Speaker 9: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 10: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she said there. I don't know what she said. She is it was really hard. That was also not the clip on my list. I mean it was fine. Uh, what's the next clip you got?
Speaker 1: Michael?
Speaker 9: Do we have a real close ally in Prime Minister of net and Yahoo?
Speaker 10: I think, with all due respect, the better question is do we have an important alliance between the American people and the Israeli people?
Speaker 1: And the answer to.
Speaker 10: That question is yes.
Speaker 4: That was actually a pretty good answer that clearly this one was sad.
Speaker 1: That one was clearly one.
Speaker 3: She was ready to go on how to answer that, and she brought that she's good at remembering those things. The other one she was on her own, and I don't know what.
Speaker 1: She said, Michael, do you have sixty six handy?
Speaker 9: We supply Israel with billions of dollars in military aid, and yet Prime Minister of net and Yahoo seems to be charting his own course. The Biden Harris administration has pressed him to agree to cease fire, He's resisted. You urged him not to go into Lebanon.
Speaker 1: He went in. Anyway, he has.
Speaker 9: Promised to make Iran pay for the missile attack, and that has the potential of expanding the war.
Speaker 1: Does the US.
Speaker 9: Have no sway over Prime Minister net and Yahoo.
Speaker 10: The aid that we have given Israel allowed Israel to defend itself against two hundred ballistic missiles that were just meant to attack the Israelis and the people of Israel. And when we think about the threat that Hamas Hezbela presents Iran, I think that it is without any question, are imperative to do what we can to allow Israel to defend itself against those kinds of attacks. Now, the work that we do diplomatically with the leadership of Israel is an ongoing pursuit around making clear our principles, which include the need for humanitarian aid, the need for this war to end, the need for a deal to be done which would release the hostages and create a ceasefire. And we're not going to stop in terms of putting that pressure on Israel and in the region, including Arab leaders.
Speaker 4: Okay, And then then he presses her and she gets into that whole rambling nonsense. The last part of that was actually pretty decent. The first two thirds, though, really struck me as a reasonably bright eighth grader who'd read the first chapter of a book and was giving an oral report on the entire book.
Speaker 3: Right because he had just asked, or he just pointed out that you've said, don't do this, don't do that, don't do this, don't do that, and they went ahead and did all of them. So do we have no ability to influenced them? And then she went into a long why they have a right to do what they want? Well, okay, but then why do you keep telling them not to do things?
Speaker 4: It would be so much easier if she could just say, look, Bill, we're pretending to pressure them because it's important to us in our electoral prospects, because people have no realistic grasp with the way the world works. But beyond the scenes worth telling, I'm gonna go ahead and whoop some ass.
Speaker 3: Which is the only thing that really makes sense is that all our statements of don't do this, don't do that are for Muslims in Michigan.
Speaker 1: They're not for Benjamin.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 10: Now, Jack and Joe just had a very robust and productive conversation this morning, working together to discuss very important issues together in this moment in time, and now together in this moment they will have final thoughts with Armstrong and Getty. This is the most final thoughts of our lifetime, and it is time to share the final thoughts they have been thinking. And that time is every day.
Speaker 1: Unburdened by what has been There you go. Here's our host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 4: Our technical director will lead the way, Michael Final thought.
Speaker 2: B Favioli's Oreo ice cream sandwiches, hot pretzel snacks and maple cake.
Speaker 4: Yesterday was the greatest day ever in my costco free samples.
Speaker 1: Oh that is a good one. Yeah, maple cake. Yeah, it's delicious. From the bakery. Oh jeez, well.
Speaker 4: Katie Green are esteemed newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 6: It's been years since I've had an ice cream Sunday, but Jack said that now I want one, but no whip cream because I don't like whip cream.
Speaker 3: Now I don't either, whip cream disgusting? What's wrong with whipped creams? That delightful accompaniment?
Speaker 1: Gross? Jack?
Speaker 3: Final thought for us, Yes, Monday night, Monday Night football at one of the great venues for the NFL Arrowhead Stadium.
Speaker 1: But here's the breaking news.
Speaker 3: After two games of not being there, it looks like Taylor Swift will be in the house tonight for Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: Oh what will she be wearing?
Speaker 4: My final thought on this anniversary of the horrors of October seventh of last year, the new Israeli peace plan is to defeat their enemies, go get them.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you have to do that?
Speaker 3: I talk about Taylor Swift and you do the one year anniversary of Israel and make me look like a Puttz?
Speaker 1: Did you have to do that? Armstrong and Getty? I enjoyed it. Wrap pick up another grueling for our work day. So anything sinkle to Putts?
Speaker 4: So little time good Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hotlings. Pick up an AG T shirt for your favorite AG fan. They'll be thrilled.
Speaker 3: Yep, we'll see you tomorrow with highlights from the Kamala Harris interview, a bunch of other stuff. God bless America.
Speaker 1: As I was saying, I'm Strong and Getty, this is a pivotal moment for our country. You know what, everyone knows that it's ild with me.
Speaker 7: See say one way, oh girl, baby girl.
Speaker 1: By bye. So let's go out with the Barnes. You can get away with knocking up your granny, Nanny. He didn't did not knocked it. I'd say granny Yes, big difference And.
Speaker 7: On that possibly nightmare inducing notes, makes all
Speaker 1: Very much Armstrong and Getty