Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 3: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot Com, here's your host, Paulian.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchi and co hosts today are Scott Fish and Brian Johnson. Hope you had great holidays, respectively.
Speaker 4: What's up, fellows?
Speaker 5: I did, I did, I got. I just got back from my annual trip to the Theater Children's Theater production of The Grinch.
Speaker 4: Dude every year, it's great to have.
Speaker 5: Every year.
Speaker 4: Does he stay evil this time?
Speaker 6: I just want the remake one time where he's like, yeah, he's it's gonna be the Grnch forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that figure with that? Just one one time out of all?
Speaker 1: You know, they're gonna play at like fifty different times between now and Christmas. One time it doesn't really work out for what's the little girl's name, Sidney Lho, right, it does not work out for Sidney lu who she gets eaten?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, oh.
Speaker 4: Boy, that took a dark twist it really did. This show will not take it dark.
Speaker 1: It's all positivity on this show, well at least until we get to Patriots Giants. Then it's not so much prop positivity. But we will break down all the games.
Speaker 6: Or if we recap the games from Thanksgiving, Black Friday.
Speaker 4: Brutal, all of them one sided affairs.
Speaker 6: The first one was all right, the Packers Lions are somewhat entertaining.
Speaker 4: Give us points.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 4: We will break down all the games. We'll have three tough questions.
Speaker 1: We'll have nine players upon whom you can take a chance, and for one of the final weeks premature speculation as well. Let's jump right into the matchup. Scott, You've got a particularly thorny one here with Jaguars Texans. Yeah, a lot of a lot of players that are sort of in the middle.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, I have almost exclusively b's and c's in this matchup except for C. J. Stile. It's going to get any yes at this point. But Trevor Lawrence, I'm giving a C two. Texans have allowed the fifth highest pressure rate, which might force Trevor Lawrence to run around a little bit more like he did last week when he scored two rushing touchdowns. We urged you to start Lawrence last week. That was Matt's take a chance on me player, and he scored four touchdowns last week. By the way, nice job, yeah, nice peacock there. The Jags have allowed Texans, Yes, the Texans have allowed multiple scores in each of the last three two hund and sixty flush five plus yards in each. I think Trevor Lawrence can do okay here, but it's a it's a week with a lot of quarterbacks available, So just a C grade.
Speaker 4: They're not chasing last week's box score.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, we've.
Speaker 4: All been battle scarred. You don't think he's gonna run for two touchdowns?
Speaker 5: No, not pass for two and run for no. I'm thinking two sixty five and one to two scores, which is a new low C level. Calvin Ridley, I got a B grade on If Zay Jones plays, he's questionable. Matt Harmon was talking about this week, how uh the charting on it is. When Zay out there, teams cannot man press on. Kelvin Ridley. So that's where his three big games have come. He's had three huge days with a Jones out there.
Speaker 4: I think that is a statistical coincidence.
Speaker 5: It might be, but if you think about it, Kirk is a slot guy and their fourth guy is a gadgety Jamal Agnew. They don't really have a guy on the other side to take any coverage. So B grade on Ridley if he goes C grade. If he doesn't go, Christian Kirk is gonna get a C grade as well. The last four slot guys against the Texans eight for seventy two, three for fifty one, eight for one seventeen, and six for seventy six. And these are like Boyd Dorch Trey Palmer like, these are not like studs tearing them up there. Christian Kirk can do well here. B grade on Evan Ingram four plus catches in every single game this year, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 4: That's and how many touchdowns the show for Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's the problem right there. That'd be zero, yes, exactly. He had seven for sixty seven in the first game. But the Texans have been nice for tight ends, allowing the most receptions and fourth most yards. Trafsey TM is gonna get a C grade here. A couple tougher days in a row for him, against better run defenses. And last week we saw Denis Johnson and Tank Bigsby each get eight to nine touches each. Not good, but that was one hundred and thirty yards total, and if Etn gets a little bit more work, we can count on fifteen plus touches. He's gonna get the volume c here, especially because he gets most of the pass game work over to the Texan side. CJ. Stroud I already talked about gotten A is getting an A. But I mean, three hundred and eighty seven yards and three touchdowns per game were less three.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: That's that's insane level of production.
Speaker 1: I believe last weekend's three interception game for CJ. Stroud was his first in his life.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, yeah, that doesn't That really doesn't actually surprise me that much. JAG's allowing twelfth to twelfth most fantasy points to quarterbacks. It's a good spot for him in general. Over the wide receivers, Tank Dell and Nico Collins are both getting B grades with no Brown on the bench. I'm gonna give the slide edge to Dell if you have to choose between them. For some reason, he gets the deeper plays when Nico's on the field with him. Their wide receiver thirteen and wide receiver sixteen on the season. Tank has scored four times in the last three games, but the big perimeter guy has scored in four straight on the Jags. That's kind of where the scorings go, and the Jags have actually allowed a wide receiver touchdown in every single game this season. I think he's the more likely one to score. Fifth in yards after the catch is Nico Collins B grades on both of them. No Brown is out in case he didn't know. Dalton Schultz is going to get a C grade. He's scored in five of his last seven. He just keeps scoring. No Brown being out can only help that a little bit more. He did need to score last week, but Kittle went for four for one hundred and thirteen last week. On this Jags team, they're allowing the seventh most yards to tight ends. It's a good spot C grade for Dalton Schultz end Damian Pierce does return, I'm not gonna trust it. I'm not gonna trust it.
Speaker 4: Why we gotta see it first.
Speaker 5: We gotta see it. Even though the coach said they're still gonna split. I gotta see it first, and he did practice in fall. But Devin Singletary is gonna gonna get the sea here. The Jags allowed the most receptions for most receiving yards to backs. That's not really either of their games, but if it's one of their games, it's probably more Devin Singletaries. He's probably gonna get a little bit more workflow, probably twelve to fifteen touch volume. See there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go over to the Saints and Falcons interdivisional matchup that could have some playoff ramifications for one of these teams.
Speaker 4: Let's start on the Saints side.
Speaker 6: Brian, Yeah, it shouldn't have playoff ramifications. The whole division needs to be nuked, the NFC South. But yeah, first meeting of the season for these division rivals, both teams coming off their bye as well. But starting with the Saints and the running game Alvin Kamara, just to see from him going back to last season, Kamara has not scored against the Falcons in three eight games and he might have trouble ending that drought because the Falcons have surrendered three total touchdowns running backs all season, zero rushing and three receiving. Of course, Cameric can catch the ball so there's some hope, but overall it's a bad matchup on paper. Opposing running backs or averaging just one hundred and nine combo yards per game against against Atlanta, those aren't great numbers. But you're not gonna sit Kamara in this one. Not gonna sit Chris Olave either, But I'm close. But I'm gonna give a love. Ac total just six catches for ninety four scoreless yards in two games against the Falcons last year, and it remains a tough matchup for him as well. Especially with AJ Terrell at corner for the Falcons, He'll probably be following Olave a Lotterrell is one of the better corners in the league. The Falcons are allowing less than eleven catches one hundred and thirty yards per game to opposing wide receivers, but they have surrendered eleven touchdowns of the position, so Olave remains startable even in a tough matchup. But I do have Rashid Shahed on the bench charge.
Speaker 4: Make him this. I do as well. I just like him. Don't like this. If you're in a pinch, starts you heating.
Speaker 6: He probably won't see a whole lot of Aj Terrell he feels like more of a DFS dark to me, not like a trustable option in a standard fantasy. Even with Michael Thomas on i R. There is a really intriguing rookie receiver for the Saints. So we'll talk about him a little later. I won't mention him now, but I got sat on the bench, so charge charge gives him a sea though, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll leave it.
Speaker 6: Up to you out there to decide to start you heat or not. You have to pick your spots, but well I picked mine, You pick yours?
Speaker 4: That fair enough.
Speaker 6: Over to the tight ends. Taysom Hill, Yeah, tight end. I guess it depends where you play most sites. He's a tight end. And Jawan Johnson. I'm giving both of them a see. We all know the story with Hill. He is a lotto ticket. But he's hit in each of his last three games against Atlanta, passing touchdown, rushing touchdown, passing touchdown for Taysom Hill his last three.
Speaker 4: So you never know what you want to get, all or nothing. Guy, You got to pick your spots, right, and Taysom Hill is a definite.
Speaker 6: And that again, that's last three against the Falcons.
Speaker 4: Not in general, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: You throw throw a dart every week with Taysom mill Jawan Johnson.
Speaker 4: I like the matchup for him.
Speaker 6: The Falcons are allowing more than six catches and sixty yards per game to opposing tight ends, tight ends that actually play tight end. So a sea for Johnson and a sea for Derek Carr. Alano is allowing just sorry, just over one hundred, two hundred and fifteen passing yards per game, but they have surrendered seventeen passing touchdowns. That's the third most among teams that have played ten games, So a see for Derek Carr. Over to the Falcon side, We'll start with Jon Robinson.
Speaker 4: He gets a see.
Speaker 6: Handled twenty two carries in his last game played in Week ten, seventy five percent of that the snaps as well, both season highs for Robinson, so hopefully that trend continues after the bye.
Speaker 5: No, no, Arthur Smith lost that game. He's gonna go right back.
Speaker 4: Probably right either way.
Speaker 6: A brutal matchup for the Falcons running backs. The Saints are allowed less than four yards per carry. They've allowed us four total touchdowns all season, zero receiving. Only two opposing backs have managed to crack eighty rushing yards against New Orleans, and since Week three, no opposing back has cleared twenty five receiving yards. So for those reasons, Tyler Algier is on the bench. Even if Arthur Smith reverts back to his same old Shenanigans. He did look like a true backup in Week ten and again hopefully that trend continues for the Bejon managers. But a bad matchup for Bejon ce for him Alger on the bench. See for Drake London had two decent games against New Orleans last year, seven catches for seventy yards and five catches for seventy four, but that's likely his ceiling against standout corner Marshawn Lattimore and the same secondary allowing less than twelve catches and one hundred and forty yards per game to wide receivers. They've also also streandered just seven scores to wide receivers all year. So the softest of softest of seas for Drake London, but a solid B for Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I know he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Play on tight end technically, but the Saints have allowed at least one tight end touchdown five of.
Speaker 1: The last time you were right, or on Kyle Pits, or on your grade for Kyle Pits where he either hit your grade, or the last time the last.
Speaker 4: Time I said started me sort of touchdown.
Speaker 6: And speaking of touchdowns, the Saint se have allowed at least one tight end touchdown in five of the last seven games. Opposing tight ends are also averaging nearly five catches and fifty.
Speaker 4: Yards per game.
Speaker 6: So a seed for Pits sounds like, no, it's not well again. Whoever listeners out there, pick whatever side you want there. But I got to see on Pits Smith on the bench and Desmond Ritter got his job back.
Speaker 4: But he's back on the bench.
Speaker 5: Church. I purposely give Brian the Falcons matchup.
Speaker 4: Oh I know you did.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think you do that on purpose every time you dole these out, no doubt.
Speaker 6: At least Gott just sits there and laughs rather than charging Matt ganging up on me.
Speaker 4: But I can handle it. It's all good.
Speaker 1: I don't know's to listen by now, Listeners know to take anything you say about Kyle Pitts with the grain asilums. At least Brown's taking on Broncos. Let's start with Jerome Ford with a great, big, best matchup on paper of his season. Right here, Bronco's allowing a league worst one hundred and eighty two total yards per game to opposing running backs. That's forty more than the next worst defense.
Speaker 4: Holy cow.
Speaker 1: They also allow one point three touchdowns per game to opposing running backs, third worst. So now Ford should be an A grade here, But last week Kareem Hunt got as many carries as Ford did, and so Ford and fortably managed two point six yards per carry last week. So I'm hedging a little bit on Ford with the B grade here, but Kareem Hunt also C grade because of the extremely positive matchup Ford gets should get more work.
Speaker 4: But Kareem Hunt.
Speaker 1: Absolutely startable here as well. The only two parts of the passing game you're gonna start in this DTR led passing offense David and Joku. By the way, five drops for David and Joku in the past three sorry, two games. It's been a disaster, but a staggering number of targets with DTR. Get this, David and Joku the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Twenty four targets. Jesus unbelievable.
Speaker 1: We see this all the time. Rookie quarterbacks love their tight ends. The Broncos allow the most yards per game, the fourth most receptions, and the fifth most touchdowns the tight end. So David and Joku with a B grade. Amari Cooper comes in with a C grade. Tricky matchup has will almost certainly see shadow coverage from excellent cornerback.
Speaker 4: Patrick's certain.
Speaker 1: And here's what opposing number ones have done to Denver lately. Jordan Addison forty four scoreless yards, Stefan Diggs thirty four scoreless yards, Romeo Dobbs thirty scoreless yards. Over the past five weeks, Denvers allowing the fifth fewest wide receiver yards the third fewest wide receiver touchdowns. Two of Cooper's three lowest yardage outputs of the season have come in DTR's two starts. I had a C grade in Cooper. I just tucked myself out of it. I'm going bench grade on Amari Cooper. And then let's go over to the Denver side. Let's start with the running backs there, Devonte Williams. I see a lot of carries coming in this game. Browns are easier to run upon than throw, and mostly that's how Sean Payton's been winning games for this past month has been by running Williams, who's had a ton of catches over Denver's four game winning stretches as well.
Speaker 4: He had.
Speaker 1: Eighteen touches, thirty touches, twenty five touches just thirteen last week, suggesting he's resty and he's ready for another high volume game. Cleveland allows the seventh most yards per carry, and the and the Browns do have the best run stop win rate, but through sheer volume, I think Williams remains bankable here and he comes in with a B grade.
Speaker 4: I do like the volume.
Speaker 5: In fairness to that thirteen. They were behind all game and they were having p Ryan in the pass game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: That's a good point why he had thirteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so man, JP Ryan third among running backs and receiving yards.
Speaker 4: It is wow.
Speaker 5: Truth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would never have guessed that that's a it's McCaffrey or with Shad White and then some a JP run.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, I you'd have given me. I don't know, thirty guesses. I don't think I would have gotten to that conclusion.
Speaker 4: Zero receiving touchdowns but thirty yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about the passing game for the Broncos, and we'll wrap up this segment. Courtland Sutton, I love the touchdowns and I'm not ruling one out here, but Cleveland is a very tough matchup. They've surrendered the fewest receptions the third fewest yards to opposing wide receivers. Sutton matchup most often with Denzel Ward. Ward is allowing just three scores in his coverage, none in the last four games, and just a catch rate of just fifty one percent. That's very low by cornerback standards C grade for Courtland Sutton, Jerry Judy, I was ready to get put on the bench, but I think you can attack slot cornerback Greg News him a little bit. He allows a passer rating of one hundred and five and he's been beaten for two scores in the last four games. Judy doesn't score very often, but if you're looking for five catches for fifty yards, Judy's your guy, and you can start him here with a segrat And that really only leaves Russell Wilson to discuss here. Get this, guys, he's averaging twenty completions per game.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: They just aren't passing and they don't need to and Cleveland allows.
Speaker 4: How about this. You want a.
Speaker 1: Crazy stats samaj p Rand level crazy stat. Brown's allowing fourteen completions per game.
Speaker 4: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I don't like the receiver matchups very much for Wilson, as I mentioned, and he's going to face tremendous pressure. Cleveland ranks fourth in pass rush win rate and Cleveland allows the fewest passing yards the fewest passing touchdowns. So Russ is on the bench when we come back. Oh, nine players upon whom you can take a chance. We got four games already in the books, so these are going to be a little deeper dives than normal. That means a lot of these p lawyers are going to be available on your waiver wire. Find out who they are when we come back for the second segment of Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 4: Take a chance on me.
Speaker 1: Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Let's find out who they are. Beginning with Scott Fish your quarterback this week.
Speaker 5: Yes, my quarterback for the week is Gardner Minshew. Yeah. He's playing a matchup against the Bucks who have allowed a lot of really really good games but to really good quarterbacks. But they allow the sixth highest pass right. Teams are always throwing on the Bucks. Multiple scores and three hundred plus and three the last five for Gardner Minshew. The two he didn't were the two games he barely had Josh downs. He need his will be out there. His Woodby is going to be out there for this one. I really like him in this one.
Speaker 1: You mean Jelanie Woods is coming back? No ham string in the history of mankind?
Speaker 4: What happened? They're big ham strings? Yeah, big ham strings. Good happens. You take a chance on me, quarterback, Brian.
Speaker 6: Have you got Matt Stafford at Arizona? Now, initially I was gonna take this like snarky angle, assuming Cooper Cupp was going to miss this game, because Matt Stafford averages like fifty more passing yards per game when Cooper Cupp is inactive. But Cooper Cup is going to play in this game. But I'm still gonna roll with Matt Staffe. Matt Stafford at Arizona. These teams met in Week six, Stafford only at two hundred and twenty six passing yards and one passing touchdown because Cooper Cup played in that game. But also Kyler Murray did not play in that game, and we love Josh Dobbs and in Minnesota, of course, but Kyler Murray is an upgrade over Josh Dobbs at quarterback for the Cardinals. So I see this game being a little more competitive, and the Cardinals are allowing more than one and a half passing touchdowns per game.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with Matt Stafford at Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a perfect lead into my take a chance to me quarterback? Who is Kyler Murray? Through two games? I think his passing has looked pretty good, not great, pretty good, and his runnings looked really good, totally unaffected by the AC album. It's shocking, including rushing touchdowns in both his games back, averaging forty one ground yards. I did not, I absolutely did not see the running coming from Kyler mur Murray off the ages.
Speaker 5: That one scrambled in his first game back. I'm like, oh, he's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked.
Speaker 4: He looked completely like his old self.
Speaker 1: The Rams allowed four quarterback rushing touchdowns already, and every mobile quarterback they face is feasted on the Rams. Anthony Richardson, Jalen Hurts, Josh Dobbs all topped forty seven yards and two of the three scored rushing touchdowns against the Rams. Kyler's arms is just icing on the cake here. The Rams secondary pretty good, but every quarterback except Kenny Pickett and the then very hobbl Joe Burrow have thrown touchdowns against the Rams. Kyler, Murray, you taking chance on me quarterback to go to the running back positions?
Speaker 5: Yes, charge game him a secrete in the last segment, but he didn't go into depth because he knew I was about to about how Kareem Hunch be in your lineups this week. The Broncos allowing a league high one eighty two total yards per game to the opposing running backs, nearly forty yards per game more than the second worst team. They also allow one point three touchdowns per game to opposing running backs. That's good for third most, and the Broncos have the worst run stop win rate in per ESPN Analytics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice job.
Speaker 1: Totally agree with that because our previously mentioned yes, Brian, you take a chance from your running back.
Speaker 6: I've got backup Steelers running back Najie Harris at Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Yes, offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
Speaker 6: Canada fired to everyone's the light except Matt Canada's probably hopefully benefits the entire offense. But again, at this point, Harris should be considered the backup to Jalen Warren. We'll talk more.
Speaker 4: About that a little later. Back he's I think that he's still considered the starter. Well in terms of touches, it's like equal and just. But anyway back to Harris.
Speaker 6: There still should be enough meat on the bone for Harris against the Bengals, who are allowing nearly one hundred and twenty conbo yards any touchdown per game to opposing running backs. And of course those stats came with Joe Burrow at quarterback, and no, Burrow was not good at stopping the run, but he did help keep the Bengals offense on the field, which I'm not convinced Jake Browning will do. So I think we're going to see a very run heavy game script from the Steelers. So I got Najie Harris. Most people are very scared to start at this point, and they should be.
Speaker 1: If you give me a reason to start, ty J. Spears, I will do that in Carolinas that reason. Now, normally this is the time of year when Derek Henry starts battering tired defenses, but not now. He's fading hard with back to back massive dud games totaling twenty eight yards and forty four yards and barely three yards per carry. Now over the past three weeks, Taj Spears has more more snaps than Derrick Henry, only about half the volume but half the touches, but more snaps. Spears is averaging five and a half yards per carry, a full yard more than Henry, and maybe, just maybe, a desperate Titan staff is gonna start looking for some jews from a failing running game that to support a failing rookie quarterback. Caroline has allowed the most rushing touchdowns, the second most rushing yards, and Spears also, by the way, he's just really good.
Speaker 5: Jus let's start him.
Speaker 4: Let's go to our take a chance on me.
Speaker 5: Receivers, Scott, Yeah, I'm going over to New England. Gonna get Pop Douglas in the lineups this week. Giants allowing the third most receptions and second most receiving yards to opposing wide receivers. Pop Douglas himself has had a twenty four percent target share over the last four for New England, five plus catches in three straight. His snaps targets catches, yards, everything have increased each week for the last month.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, all right, Brian, your take a chance on me, receiver.
Speaker 6: I was gonna go to to at Well again. I was assuming that Cooper Cup was gonna sit, but he is not. So two to two is out. So I'm going back to the Steelers, and I got tight end Pat Fryermuth Mouth. He's might take a chance on me receiver. Just one catch in his return last week, but that was against Cleveland. He was needed as a blocker as with the other Pittsburgh tight ends, but I think he sees more work as a receiver in this one. Mouth has had at least seventy five yards or a touchdown catch in each of his four career games against the Bengals, who are allowing nearly six catches and sixty five yards per game to tight end. So I think Mouth comes in this week and shine some light on the tight end wasteland.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Likely is your new starting tight end for Baltimore. Mark Andrews leaves behind seven targets per game, and I think most of those seven go right to Isaiah Likely, who's got the innate athleticism to run. Andrews routes, and the Baltimore starting wide receivers are all dealing with injury right now, so this feels like a likely game coming up here against Los Angeles. Likely started two games last year. One of them he had thirteen targets at one hundred yards. The other one he scored a touchdown. Likely will face off against the Chargers team that's allowed the third most tight end receptions, the second most tight end yards, and they've allowed at least sixty yards to the position in five straight games.
Speaker 4: So I like Isac spot a lot in this one.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the matchups, and that begins with this dud New England taking on the Giants. Scott on the New England side. Oh, they're being all secretive about the quarterback. We don't want to tell you who it is so that they can't game plan. It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna make this real easy. I'm benching the passing game for the New England Patriots, except for Pop Douglas, who I gave it to take a chance on me. Player the running game. I'm only starting Romandre Stevenson. It's a B grade. The Giants are allowing a whopping four point six yards per carry, good for fourth war worst which is allowing, which has led to them allowing the second most yards and the fourth most rushing touchdowns. After a slower start. Over the last five Stevenson has taken a hold of the backfield, averaging fifteen point six touches, four of those being receptions, and eighty seven yards. He's firmly in volume C territory, but given the matchup, he'll get the B. In eleven games, a rusher has topped one hundred yards nine times. You don't say how many, nine times, nine times, nine times over. On the other side, the entire New York Giants passing game is on the bench. I know Tommy DeVito had three touchdowns last week, somehow two of went to Barkley. Though that's the guy you want to start. By the way, it's not a good matchup anyway for opposing passers against New England. Sequon Barkley is getting an A grade here. Weirdly, even with DeVito's big day, it was Barkley scoring points through the air and on the ground over one hundred yards in four of the last five cut at least three passes in all but one Pats are kind of middle of the pack against the run, but similar volume backs have done well and five of the six last five of six lead backs, five backs of last six weeks, whatever the lead backs have scored against the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Steelers taking on the Bengals, Brian, I like, how tidy that one was not a lot to talk about there, Steelers taking on the Bengals. Brian, you already told us you like Pat Fryer mooth. So does that mean you like Kenny Pickett as a starter in this game?
Speaker 4: No, he's on the bench.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about the running backs a little more. And by the way, another divisional matchup here at another first meeting of the season for the Steelers and Bengals. So we will talk some recent recent history. But first let's talk about Jalen Warren. Easy B for Warren, borderline A. Here's where Warren ranks among running backs with fifty plus carries per Pro Football Focus, which is a lot, not a lot of carries, but a lot of running backs, but Warren more than a lot.
Speaker 4: One fifty plus carries.
Speaker 6: He's first in yards per rush six point two first and ten plus yards ten plus yard runs per rush first and miss tackles forced per rush first, in yards after contact per rush all first for Jalen Warren in those metrics insane again. The Bengals are allowing nearly one hundred and twenty convo yards and a touchdown per game to opposing running backs. To a B for Warren, there will be some meat on the bone. Like I said for Naji Harris, so he used might take a chance with me. Running back over to the passing game, Pat fairemouth was might take a chance with me receiver. I do have a C grade also on wide receivers George Pickens and Deontay Johnson. Without doing any research, I can tell you Deontay Johnson did not score against the Bengals last year or anyone else for those who for good, he had zero touchdowns. Pickens did have four catches eighty three yards and a touchdown in the most recent meeting.
Speaker 4: But I like them both the same.
Speaker 6: Here the Bengals are allowing more than one hundred and seventy yards per game to wide receivers, and they've surrendered four scores to the position over their last three games. And Bengals cornerback cam Taylor Britz should miss this game. Actually, has been ruled out with the quad injury, so a safety for Pickens and Deontay Johnson, but again Pickett is on the bench. Over to the bengalside, of course, missing Joe Burrow, but we will start with Joe Mixon just to see for him. Mixon has only scored in two of ten career games against the Steelers wow, most recent game coming in twenty twenty one. But Pittsburgh is allowing one hundred and thirty five conbo yards per game to opposing running backs and Mixon virtually has no competition for touches out of the backfield. So this is a volume based play with Jake Browning at quarterback, but just to see for Mixan Mixon, and just to see sadly for Jamar Chase. The Steelers have surrendered big numbers to wide receivers this year one hundred and eighty five yards and a touchdown per game. But again, Jake Browning is now the quarterback for the Bengals, so just a see for Chase T.
Speaker 4: Higgins.
Speaker 6: I'm likely to play with the hamstring. He's on the bench either way, even if he does suit up. Tyler Boyd on the bench.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Chargie and Scott Fish and Brian Johnson with you. If you missed a new part of the show and you want all of my player rankings, they're available for free keyteen leagues dot com.
Speaker 6: What about your pie rankings? Where do you have pumpkin? I'm just kidding. Don't get me going on pumping.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Chiefs at Raiders. Next up, Patrick Mahomes Travis Kelsey. Usually I just go wilder obvious as well. Them played like it lately, right, so let's dive in a little bit. Both of them have slumped for three games, and Las Vegas is not the slump buster that you might think. The Las Vegas secondary rank sixteenth by Pro Football Focus. That's not bad. Max Crosby's fantastic. Now, the Chiefs to have the league's top rated run sorry pass block win rates, so you know, Max Crosby might be neutralized to some degree here, but he's terrific. Cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Nate Hobbs for Las Vegas both rank and the top third amongst starting cornerbacks in coverage by Pro Football Focus. The Raiders have been solid against tight ends this year, although they did a lot of big games recently to Tyler Conklin and Sam Laporta. But it's still Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelsey against the Raiders, and I can't give myself to not give them a grades. Even though that offense doesn't look right, that defense is kind of carrying the team.
Speaker 5: Which is honestly scary. Once it starts to look right, man, then.
Speaker 4: What because the defense has been really good.
Speaker 1: It's jerious sneer gonna talk about in a minute, Holy cow, let's talk about Isaiah Pacheco. Man, did I love the way he ran a Monday night oh so hard against a great Eagles to run defense. Compared to the Eagles, this game is gonna feel very easy for Pacheco. Raiders allow one hundred and forty six total yards per game to opposing running backs. That is the second most in the league, and the Raiders allow four and a half yards per carry to opposing.
Speaker 4: Running backs, six the most.
Speaker 1: The only reason I can't give Pacheco in a grade here his receiving is completely dried up. We loved that earlier in the year, were like, hey, we didn't think we're going to any receptions out of pa Checko and there they were not lately over the past three games. Pachecko has past three games, Pacheco has one receiving yard.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: So I can only go B grade and Isaiah Pajack McKinnon. Maybe that will give him a couple of receptions. If you think that's the case, move him to an A grade at your own discretion. We can't do anything with these wide receivers. I lament this many weeks, and it's an old story that you already know. Really had hoped that Rashid Rice at this stage, middle of his rookie year, would start taking command. Not happening, So there's really no receiver.
Speaker 4: You can know all the metrics.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: It's it's like the Kyle Pitts of wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Except he's good. Let's go to Las Vegas side.
Speaker 1: Josh Jacobs averaging a whopping twenty two rushes in the last three games under Antonio Pierce, which you love, but Pierce has also dried up Jacob's targets. He had been averaging four catches for thirty yards per game under Josh McDaniels. Now it's like free. That's a free seven Fantasy points right there out of your running back. But under Pierce he's averaging one catch for seven yards. That's wow, one point seven fantasy points. The Chiefs pass defense is becoming smothering and the path of least resistance is on the ground, So I think we're gonna get a lot of running from Jacob's. Four straight opponents have had a runner top seventy six yards against the Chiefs, and three of those four have scored touchdowns. We've got a B grade on Jacobs again, can't go A because he's not catching the ball, but we'll go with the B grade on Josh Jacobs. Here in the passing game, there's only two guys you care about, and they're both really almost long shot starts. Here DeVante Adams thirteen targets in back to back games, which you love, eighty or more yards in both of those and a score. Kansas City secondary surrendered the sixth fewest receptions and the seventh fewest yards opposing receivers. But here's where it gets really Harry Adam's going to get a law look at Lagarius Snead and he might be the best cornerback in the league right now. It's unbelievable he has yet to allow a touchdown. He gives up a fifty two passer rating in his coverage. He just shut down AJ Brown on Monday, holding AJ Brown to one catch for eight yards. In fact, over the last five games, he's averaging in his coverage one catch for twelve yards. It's unbelievable that a starting cornerback can do that. I can only get you to a B grade on Adams, and really it should be a C grade, but I'm giving him a B just on volume. Jacoby Myers won't see Lagarius Snead, but Antonio Pierce is just killing him. All those runs for Myers, all those targets for Adams have come at the expense of Jacoby Myers since Pierce took over Meyers averaging two catches for thirty two yps. But because he won't see Lagerius Snead and instead he's gonna see cornerback Jalen Watson, He's given up five touchdowns in his coverage along with a pass rating one hundred and twenty three. So I still have a C grade on Jacoby Myers. And there's no other Raiders that you would consider starting.
Speaker 4: I've got a league. I want to ask you guys about Okay, Brian's in this league.
Speaker 1: This is an Empire league, and for those that don't know, it's a dynasty league where half of the money gets paid out every year and half of it's in a rolling pot waiting for some team to win back to back years and then they get the rolling pot and the league dissolves.
Speaker 4: Don't tell him how much money is in the pot in case the irs.
Speaker 1: No kidding, because it's been going for I think like eleven years now or something. I don't know, something like that, So it's been going a long time. I am well who I am? Is my role in this is not important. You've got a team in this league, Scott, that is not a very good team.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, owner in this team started a bye week player no no, not cool no, and then last week started instead of benched Joe Mixon for Jeff Wilson.
Speaker 4: In just the clear of the air, it's not me, I'm not that. You're not that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is the appropriate spot response for a commissioner here?
Speaker 5: I feel like if it's if it's reported in time to do so, you you fix the lineup. I believe leagues need to have valid starting lineups unless otherwise stated. I have run leagues and had leagues that tanking is one hundred percent allowed. We're like, tank if you want to. It's understood if everybody knows going in. But like we've been, we've both been playing for over thirty years. Setting valid lineups and not tanking, not intentionally tanking, has been a rule forever. It's the one of the most known unwritten rules in fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Correct and in this case, we've got a lot of money degine that. The integrity of wins and loss is a very big deal.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to lose. You're giving wins to somebody who.
Speaker 5: Are giving free win. I get the tanking to help your team, and that's why I have leagues where you're allowed to tank. But if it's not stated, you can't be allowing that.
Speaker 4: No, I don't. So what do you do in retrospec?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's Hopefully it's reported in time that the commissioner can fix it. In leagues that I have that don't allow tanking, if it's reported before that Thursday morning stack correction, we're able to fix it.
Speaker 1: All right, But what about it's one thing if a player is just on buy right, you put a bye week player in, that's pretty easy. What about benching Joe Mixon for Jeff Wilson.
Speaker 5: Yes, so my rules have bye week injured or obviously inferior players right in my by laws. I don't know your by laws for that league, but yeah, we we generally fix a lot of those. One way, it doesn't happen too often because I vet my owners really well. But you got you get, you get a person like that. Sometimes.
Speaker 6: One way to mitigate this in this league, in any league, whether it's Empire Dynasty, redraft, is you have the last place penalty, whether it's you go to Pie Hop and Death by Waffles or or waffle House whatever, or it's a monetary penalty for coming in last place, like you gotta pay the first place team's entry fee or something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that helps. I have a lot of leagues that do uh draft order by potential points instead of your starting lineup points or your win loss, and that way, when someone benches the stud it does nothing for their draft orders.
Speaker 4: So they don't really interesting. It has really interesting.
Speaker 5: That's that's what one company does, and it is completely removed tanking from the situation. Nobody tanks because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: All right. That's I had never heard that suggestion. That's a really good one. I will say.
Speaker 6: I am playing this team this week and he's been a big boy and he has a big boy lineup. Good for you. You know who you are out there if you're listening, Oh boy, but there's a there's a compliant lineup.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that that's the case. What do you do We're roll into this week and we've already had four games played. What do you do if you're way up like you you know, if you're way up because you started you know, Dak Presscott or you started Christian mccaff or you started Jordan Love. Or what if you're way down because you started Zach Charbonay or Brian Robinson or A. J. Dillond, DK metcalf for TJ. Lockett or Gino Smith? What do you do if when either of those scenarios as you head into this weekend's play?
Speaker 5: I feel like we talk about this every year that we do right at this very at this very day.
Speaker 4: Every year we talked.
Speaker 5: About Yeah, every year it's you go for the higher upside plays even though even though the floor isn't there, you switch it up and go for the guys you think. They never up or down if you're down. Okay, I think it's that you know, it's just the reverse for both of them. You play it safe. If you're up, you do you do the best upside play if you're down. But mostly I think people don't have a lot of those bench options. You just play your best players regardless most of the time.
Speaker 4: Most of the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're down big, you got to try and stack players from the same team, Yes, you can, or you remove correlation from your opponents. Say I have the quarterback and you're beating me. Charging you've got their number one wide receiver. I gotta go another quarterback because I'm not I'm not going to catch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, vice versa. If you're ahead, you look for that Cortlage.
Speaker 1: Uh is Geno Smith going to finish the year? Will he play out all of the games as Seattle starting quarterback?
Speaker 6: I think if healthy and they're still in the playoff on I think I think one of the other. Yeah, but they fall out of the playoff hunt, which would be hard in the NFC, even though I think if they do, then they maybe give Locke a look. But I'm gonna I'm gonna say yes for now.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 1: It's tricky, isn't it. Yeah, I mean, right now if with Geno Smith it does not look particularly good at the moment, I don't think. No, I don't think I don't think so either. There's a there's a lot of questions around that that let's go to Jake brown how.
Speaker 5: About they catch from and jig By the other day?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, that was fantastic. He's one hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little shades of Odell Beckham, don't you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought so too.
Speaker 1: Jake Browning's effect on this Bengals offense looks like it's going to be potentially severe. What are your feelings on Bengals going forward?
Speaker 4: And you know you're probably were going to.
Speaker 5: Start ja March, but everybody else is the one you trust and for mix in for for everybody else in that offense. I think the best thing you can possibly do is tune into Fantasy Football weekly every week to get our grades on those players. Like that idea, I think that's the best you can do.
Speaker 1: Browning's got a little mobility to him, the passing looks pretty suspect. So I'm I know, I'm pretty I'm pretty nervous about the rest of that group, and even Chase, I think is going to have some dud games get mixed in that are going to frustrate a lot of owners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a question for you, since we're just randomly asking questions at the end of the.
Speaker 4: Segment, Who's this isn't even three tough questions kind of who's.
Speaker 5: The rookie wide receiver you want most next year? Jane Reid, Pukka, Tank Dell, There's Jordan Addison, Tank Del Is it Tanked Dell?
Speaker 4: Quarterback?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I mean you think he'll be the highest ranked rookie in Dynasty, you know, for Dynasty leagues next year?
Speaker 4: For yeah, I do, Okay, I do.
Speaker 1: Has a chance to be awesome. Like you know, if we roll the clock ahead one or two years, he might be the best quarterback. That's right, It's possible. By the way, c J. Stroud, this is an embtting show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud to an MVP rookie the year has already done. Yea MVP plus eighteen hundred eighteen to one. Yep, and who's in his way? I mean, sure, Jalen Hurts, his team is nine and one, but Hurts hasn't played that well honestly, and or Patrick Mahomes, he hasn't played that well.
Speaker 4: The AFC is like it's up for grabs.
Speaker 1: Houston's one game out of first place with a tie breaker one.
Speaker 4: You know, they're one win out of first place in the AFC.
Speaker 1: So to win MVP, you've got to be a really good quarterback on a highly seeded team that could.
Speaker 5: Be stroud it absolutely, I like it eighteen to one.
Speaker 1: I like it now where if you are an illegal, you're in an area where you can bet legally. That is something you could you could give some thought to if you wanted to as a possibility. All right, so let me get you with a couple other time killers year before three. Well, I know I know this get three tough. I know it is incredible've I don't think we've ever had ever had a segment with so much free available timing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we only did one one matchup in this segment.
Speaker 1: I know we never have a one matchup segment, but that's just how it worked. I blame the Patriots and the Giants by the way for that. Yeah, and then well we'll roll right back into the matchups in just a few minutes. Uh, But let's talk Browns for for just just a splash for a second here on Browns. Yeah, Jerome Ford is a power, you know, as a lead back on a team that now almost has to run the ball.
Speaker 4: It could be a sneaky league winner, could be.
Speaker 5: He could be And people don't see him that way.
Speaker 1: At all, not at all, But I think there's a chance Jerome Ford one of those guys where you look back and go, yeah, he powered me through into and through the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Well, they're going to run and play defense in Cleveland. That's that's the game plan.
Speaker 4: That's about all they can no shaker there, That's about it, all right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, three tough questions, you'll want to see if you can go three and zero against our co hosts, Scott and Brian. Also later on in the show, a segment we love premature speculation. Guys, you can pick up now that the rest is can be trying to pick up. But they'll already be on your team when we come back for our number two Fantasy Football Weekly Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly our number two Paul Charchi and Scott Fish and Brian Johnson. You can follow us on the site formerly known as Twitter. I am at Paul Charchian, Scott Fish is at Scott Fish twenty four and Brian is at b t x J.
Speaker 4: This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 3: Off question number one.
Speaker 4: For the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Baltimore tight end Isaiah Likely will most commonly get what letter grade on this show, A B, C or bench. Now you already know he got to B grade for me earlier in the show.
Speaker 4: Do we do that one yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might take a chance. When we played all we didn't break it down yet.
Speaker 5: Oh we didn't break down the beach.
Speaker 4: All right. So let's be in with Scott.
Speaker 5: Fish all right. So I think it's going to be between A being a C for most of the matchups. Here I put C though. My thoughts here are the Ravens went heavy to Beckham after Andrews left. That's where the ball started going. Once Andrews is down. They didn't immediately shove Likely into that role. And you talked about the two games last year. One of them there is one catch one touchdown, that's all was. The other one was a Week seventeen game where Anthony Brown started. They're two top wide receivers and their top tight end. We're out and the Kane Corpse of Kenyan Drake was in it running back. Because all their running backs were injured, they had to go to Isaiah likely thirteen times. I do like that they went to him, but I'm not as confident as if those two were two normal games in the middle of the season with Lamar Jackson. I feel like there's there's something to be said for the fact that they went to Beckham so much right after he went out. So I'm gonna go C grade. He's gonna get some bes though. There are some matchups, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Brian.
Speaker 1: Rest of the season, Baltimore tight end Isaiah likely will most commonly get what letter grade from this show.
Speaker 6: Definitely no worse than the Sea. We wouldn't be giving Mark Andrews a see in any matchup if you were healthy, and we know Andrews is gonna miss most of the regular season, at least through Week seventeen. Yeah, this is what we started presuming, and Fantasy just wanted to hammer that home. But so likely will be the starting tight end. But you know what, they have other tight ends in Baltimore. Charlie Kohler, I believe is one. I say it likely might be needed to play wide receiver and he can do that. Obj is banged up, Zay Flowers banged up, even though he's looking likely to play on Monday Night. Rashad Bateman just not very good. So there's some shootout potential on the horizons starting this week at the Chargers. The forty nine ers on the docket, that is actually someone of the favorable matchup for opposing pass attacks. So I got to be on the majority of the games remaining for Isaiah Likely.
Speaker 1: Five games left, including this weekend, only one difficult matchup San Francisco on the schedule. The other four are somewhere between neutral and easy. And I've already gave you a bunch of key points about Isaiah Likely earlier in the show during take a chance on Me now if you don't know, Isaiah Likely is not a blocker. He is a pure receiving tight end and athletic enough to replace Andrews routes. He can run those routes. Andrews to this point has six touchdowns. All of the rest of the receivers on the team have six touchdowns. Yeah, this is an offense that offensive coordinator Todd Moncodon.
Speaker 5: Oh there's their thing.
Speaker 4: Don't ball me, thank you.
Speaker 1: Art Monkin schemes his tight ends for scores, and I don't think he's got to change it for Isaacah likely most commonly B grade.
Speaker 3: Okay, tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Rest of season Chicago quarterback Justin Fields will most commonly get what letter grade from this show?
Speaker 4: We begin with Brian Johnson.
Speaker 6: All right, looking at his last five games from a fantasy perspective again ending in week seventeen, starting this week, And this is just from a purely passing perspective in my mind.
Speaker 4: At Minnesota, I got a C. Then by then.
Speaker 6: Home against Detroit that's a bee. At Cleveland that's a C. Maybe bench, maybe bench Arizona be Atlanta C. But Justin Fields doesn't.
Speaker 4: Just rely on his arm. No, He's got legs, of course.
Speaker 6: So I'm bumping all those grades up a notch based on his legs. And if you do that, I got mostly bees for Justin Fields.
Speaker 4: Scott.
Speaker 1: Rest of season Chicago quarterback Justin Fields will most commonly get what letter grade on this show.
Speaker 5: It's almost exactly word for word what I had. I went through, but I did not split it up. I have him with four b's and one see the Browns, one being really the only tough spot where I don't feel I can, you know, confidently start justin fields.
Speaker 1: Four of the five remaining games are against teams that are in the bottom half of quarterback rushing yards allowed, and only Cleveland looks like the stopper. Even then because of the rushing he said couldn't get a C grade in that game coming into it. He might finish, might finish better than that offensive coordinator Luke Getzi. God bless him, and I haven't said that often this year. I love the fact that last week, the first game off of him missing you know, a month of service, they ran him fourteen times right off the bat too.
Speaker 5: By the way, I think the three games, if you don't count the Minnesota game where he got injured, I believe that his last three games he's had like thirty Fantasy points each.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably just last three play's average sixty five rushing yards in his last since Week four, I think that is three games he's been a top ten quarterback in every full game he's played since Week four, already B grade this week. I think he's going to finish with A grades against Detroit and Arizona, C grade against Cleveland, and a B grade against Atlanta. You mix all that together, it's almost an A, but it's almost an It's going to be a B grade as the most common grade for justin fields.
Speaker 3: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: All right, let's fast forward to Tuesday. Should I sabotage drop Garrett Wilson? He ended up with a garbage time touchdown in the end of Friday's game, obviously, well, and again we clarified last week you weren't here for this, Scott. We clarified exactly what constitutes the seminotage drop.
Speaker 4: You know all about it.
Speaker 1: It's got to be somebody good enough that your opponents will pick them up, start them, and they'll hurt your.
Speaker 5: Opponent and also waste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hopefully waste bab money or roster positioning or whatever.
Speaker 4: So yes, So fast forward to Tuesday. Should I sabotage drop Garrett Wilson?
Speaker 5: Scott, I am going to lean no, and I'm not even that strong on it, but he's seen twenty five to thirty percent of Tim Boyle's targets in the game in a quarter or whatever. He had ten targets in that Friday game as well. The garbage time touched on the yard is is going to be low, but it's a lot of usage. And my thought process is you're probably replacing someone's wide receiver three or four in their lineup, and Garrett Wilson, what he's going to do going ford is probably actually helping, you know, a little bit better than what that person probably has on their team. So I'm gonna go with no. But I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: Brian, fast forward to Tuesday. Should I sabotage drop Garrett Wilson?
Speaker 6: Initially I was going to say no too, because all season, from the moment Aaron Rodgers went down which was the first drive of the season for the Jets, Garrett Wilson has managed essentially put up wide receiver two numbers before last week.
Speaker 4: That's not the Black Friday game. He total dud last week.
Speaker 6: As we mentioned, he had the garbage time touchdown on the black the Black Friday game against the Dolphins. They have the Dolphins again in Week fifteen, but looking at the two games before that, versus Atlanta versus Houston. Those are bad matchups where I might give Wilson to see if Aaron Rodgers was healthy. Then they get Miami again, where you only at the twenty nine yards in the garbage time touchdown. You can't bank on that again. Then Washington week sixteen, the only good matchup Week seventeen at Cleveland. You're not touching that. That's a Thursday night game. Two gross, So sabotage drop him. Listen to y'all, y'all, Okay, it's a sabotage.
Speaker 1: So we're at a point in the season where I think we can start talking about the playoffs and ask yourself this, can I win my league starting a Jets wide receiver three straight times?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Huh, No, no way.
Speaker 1: And that's why we're gonna sabotage drop Okay, Garrett Wilson, unless you want to roll the dice. Maybe on like Aaron Rodgers coming back, you know, way earlier.
Speaker 5: So Tannehill gain released and something like that have to be.
Speaker 4: A change of quarterback, which it's not. I don't think it's coming.
Speaker 1: It seems very unlikely anyway, And as Brian mentioned, I had to this my notes too. The Washington start is the only one where you feel like I can put him in my lineup and feel good about Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: All the rest are bad.
Speaker 1: And then the week seventeen, and I'd like to believe I'm playing in Week seventeen. Total stopper for Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: Let's sabotage, drop him and see what happens. And again, don't do it just to do it. It has to benefit you.
Speaker 6: Maybe you improve your waiver position, or you're gonna knock out the fab leader in the league or anything.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hurt mine. It's gonna hurt the guy that my opponent that picks him up. That's how it benefits me. I think Bucks taking on the Colts Scott Baker Mayfield something we've talked about many times in this show because he keeps popping up with these positive matchups, and we're gonna take a chance on me Staple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not even allowed to. You choose them chance.
Speaker 4: We're done with Baker.
Speaker 5: We're done, We're done.
Speaker 4: What do you think about him this week?
Speaker 5: It's another okay spot. I got a secret on him. Four of the last five QBS to face the Colts were hauled under one hundred and eighty five yards. The last five quarterbacks combined for five touchdowns and eight pecks. It hasn't been stellar, but Baker's getting two undred thirty to two hundred and eighty yards one to two touchdowns. Those quarterbacks that face the Colts, I would say at Baker's level or worse. And the Colts have given up the eighth most touchdowns. Yeah, I got a C grade, don't. I don't love it, but I'm gonna guess you might have a better matchup with nobody on buy so I can see Benjamin Mike Evans. I got a B grade on he's still seeing forty percent of the team's episode targets, which is he's scored in seven different games, scored in four of the last five. Lead receivers against the Colts are averaging seven for ninety eight yards on ten targets. I can see Mike Evans doing that. I got a B grade there, C grade on Chris Godwin. He scored just once this year because Mike Evans's gayed all that. Yeah yeah, and hasn't topped sixty yards in a month, but he's still getting six plus targets. He's getting four plus catches in almost every single game, and that four to six catches forties to seventy yards with no scores. That's like that Sea level. Yeah. Yeah, you're getting barely over double digit points from him bench grade on Kaitot and he's seen better matchups and despite playing ninety five percent of the time, he's averaging like three to thirty and you need to enough. Yeah, Rashad White B grade there. I love the usage recently, especially in the past game. Over the last five weeks, White has turned into a bell cow, averaging nineteen touches, five of them being receptions. Five receptions a game, like you had thirty yards, you're getting like eight eight points minimum, nine points minimum through the pass game. He's also scored four times the last three weeks. He converted four his four of his five attempts inside the five. I know Charch loves that. The Colts' eighth easiest matchup for opposing runners. We just watched Zeke and Ramandre Stevenson go for one hundred ninety total on this team last in the last matchup over to the other side. Gardner Minshew was my take a chance on me player and a big part of that is because he's got his wood Bee Josh downs coming back, right. I have a B grade on Josh downs. No team allows more fantasy points to the slot than the Bucks. In fact, they allow twice as many fantasy points to the slot as they do to the perimeter. The only other team in that category is the Steelers, which they don't. They're not really playing a great slot guy this week anyway. Last two weeks were not good, not good slot mach slot matchups. But this one is the two previous that he had where there was a good slot matchup. He went seven for seventy two and then he had one hundred plus yard in a score day. Bucks allowed the second most touchdowns to the slot. Just they're bad all round against the slot. Alec Pierce cardio boy running ninety percent of the route, seeing ten percent of the targets. Is on the bench, Jonathan cardio Boy. Jonathan Taylor B grade. Moss dropped from fifteen touch to eight to one touch.
Speaker 4: You know, Moss have played pretty pretty well this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but since getting that full work well workload from Jonathan Taylor over the last three weeks, he's averaging over twenty touches ninety yards, scoring three of those four Tampa Bay. It's a good defense against backs. It's mostly because they don't run. Teams do not run a lot on them. It's fourth hardest, but only four backs have had more than fifteen touches against the Bucks. Those backs averaged about one hundred and ten yards. So I have a B grade on Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, Panthers take on the Titans. We'll see if there's any Panther other than Adam Thielen that you dare try in this matchup. Bryan's tempted to answer that, Now, don't you got to make people wait for an exciting.
Speaker 5: Pants just drop all the Panthers except for Adam at this point.
Speaker 4: Might be the case. We'll find out when we come back.
Speaker 1: More Fantasy Football Weekly, Stay tuned, Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 4: A big block oh matchups for you.
Speaker 1: Beginning with Panthers Titans. Doesn't feel like there's a lot of meat on this bone. But Adam Thelon's been really good, so I mean there's.
Speaker 4: That, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if there was a vegan matchup, this would probably be it. So yeah, Adam Feeling will start with him, he gets a be with head coach Frank Reich, back to calling plays, feeling his money in the bank again. He's double digit targets and back to back games and in five of his last six. The Titans are allowing fifteen catches, one hundred and eighty two yards and one touchdown per game to wide receivers. And honestly, that whole line could go to Adam Thielen in this game. It's not going to Jonathan Mingo, who's on the bench. Through nine games, Mingo has totaled twenty four catches for two hundred and twenty six scoreless yards. We're talking about the fifth wide receiver taken the thirty ninth overall pick. Wow, I mean Tank Dell who can Like the list goes on and on it. Carolina Brick to this draft bad. So that speaks to Bryce Young. He is on the bench tight end, Tommy Tremble on the bench, and Miles Sanders and Miles Sanders and Cuba Hubbard on the bench as well. Just when looked like Hubbard was going to take over a full time role, he and Sanders both touched the ball twelve times last week and played an almost equal number of snaps twenty nine to twenty seven. Tennessee's one stout run defense has somewhat eroded. But you can't trust Hubbard or Sanders against anyone at this point.
Speaker 1: I thought Sanders ran as well oh last week as I've seen him all year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look, you look good. But it's still not a great matchup on paper.
Speaker 1: I'm not advocating starting him. I'm just noting I thought he looked. He looked kind of spry.
Speaker 6: And worth mentioning the Panthers if anyone is still contemplating starting either of these backs lost starting right guard Austin Corbett to ir so bad all around for Carolina over to the Titan side. A great fantasy fantasy bonzie for Derrick Henry. This should be a vintage King Henry game, and sadly it might.
Speaker 4: Be his last of his career.
Speaker 6: But this is a smash spot for Henry, who faces the Panthers defense allowing one hundred and fifteen rushing yards per game to running backs.
Speaker 4: That's on the ground alone.
Speaker 6: That is the fifth most opposing backs also averaging nearly five catches per game against Carolina, who have surrendered sixteen total touchdowns to the running back position that is the most and that is why TYJ. Spears was your take a chance on me running back charts. He will certainly have a role in this game.
Speaker 4: Hmmm as well.
Speaker 6: And the last Titan that I will give a starting grade to is DeAndre Hopkins. But just to see, Hopkins has seen a twenty six percent target share with Will Levis as his quarterback. That is good, but Levis is not. And this is also not a great matchup. Teams just do not throw on Carolina.
Speaker 4: I don't have to. Carolina has yielded the.
Speaker 6: Third fewest targets to wide receivers who are averaging im easily eleven catches and one hundred and thirty yards per game as a whole against Carolina. And that's why Chris Moore, Nick Westbrook, a Kine Kylo Phillips on the bench. Treylon Burks has been ruled out again, and then Jigoconquo, Trevon Westco and Josh Wiley, the tight ends all played.
Speaker 4: Exactly sixteen snaps last week. Why they're on the bench.
Speaker 6: At because I look, I want we all wanted Jigoconquo to be something, but he's sadly not at least this year.
Speaker 1: Derek Henry got me chopped in two guillotine leagues last week, and now he comes back this week with like the Primo app Tours, He's going to rub salt in that way. Unfortunately, Ravens taking on the Chargers. Let's talk this one through. Speaking of guys that have been underperforming, Lamar Jackson actually playing pretty well, but it hasn't equated to Fantasy box scores, but it will this week.
Speaker 4: Chargers.
Speaker 1: Of the opponent, they allow the most passing yards and it's not close by the way, three hundred and eleven per game. The only quarterbacks who have failed to score multiple touchdowns against the Chargers are backups. Jackson's got an elite matchup all over the field, including even at the tight end right Isaiah Likely, who we like. Chargers are decent run defense, so there's less likelihood of Gus Edwards dominating the touchdowns like he has of lately. Chargers lost Joey Bosa to a foot injury, so Jackson's gonna have time in the pocket. There's just so much to like about Lamar here. This is an easy a grade for him. Let's go to the receivers. Let's sart as a Flowers, who says he's going to play. Chargers have allowed the fourth most yards to wide receiver, second most scores to the position. Flowers runs from all over the field and as a particularly primo matchup against cornerback Michael Davis, who's allowed six scores, the second most.
Speaker 4: Among all play. Flowers problem though, is touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He's got one on the season, and because of his diminutive stature, I just think he's not an end zone target.
Speaker 5: He has had two called back annoyingly.
Speaker 4: Ah, that is frustrating.
Speaker 6: And if you're banking on Zay Flowers, he says he's gonna play, but this is the Sunday night game, you might want to grab Nelson Aguilar just.
Speaker 4: In the event your backup. Yeah great, cough a late scratch or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Beckham's also a game time decision, so he's got the shoulder injury. So another reason you could go get Nelson Aguilar, who's actually been fantasy startable in a couple of these spots over the course of the season. For Beckham, who's scored and or top one hundred yards and three straight. This has been an impressive run that he's on. But he's constantly dinged up like Flowers, he runs on the outside, so he's got all the same advantages that I just talked about with Zay Flowers, who, by the way, if I didn't mention it comes out with a B grade. I've got a C grade on Beckham. It would have been a bee if he were fully healthy, but only the sea because he's not. Let's go to the running backs. Gus Edwards totally touchdown dependent, but those scores have certainly been coming. Nine touchdowns in his last five halfs, all coming within the ten yard line. I can only give him a C grade here because.
Speaker 5: The day in his last five halfs he has scored nine times.
Speaker 4: It's a great one. Why wouldn't I do that? What's wrong with me? Right right there?
Speaker 1: I can only give him a C grade because the usage and yardage is shrinking. Keaton Mitchell's emergence is real. He only had a thirty eight percent snap count snap right last week for Gus Edwards, C grade for him, and then the aforementioned Keaton Mitchell also a C grade, coming up a career high third twenty four snaps last week still only got him to eight harries.
Speaker 4: So but we got a figure he's trending in.
Speaker 1: The right general direction here startable with the hopes for a sizzling highlight play Chargers allowing the eleventh most yards per game to opposing running backs, to the opportunities there, I'm gonna go see grade on Keaton Mitchell.
Speaker 4: Wow, he brings in a long one.
Speaker 6: How big of a season would JK. Dobbins be having right now if he had stayed hell the planet right?
Speaker 5: Brutal we called that though? Which part of it we called JK Dobbins? Like this other multiversal world Jack Dobbins. That's a great one.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Chargers side of this game, beginning with Austin Eckler, a rare B grade in a tough matchup for him, and you got a factor in some recent dud games for Eckler too, Coming off a season low twelve touches. Eckler surprisingly has the eighth worst running grade by Pro Football Focus, and the Chargers offensive line is the second worst run block grade Ravensari middle of the pack run defense by most metrics, but they do give up four and a half yards per carry that's ninth most. So you've got an angle here on Eckler he's still obviously you're gonna start him, but I just don't have the usual optimism I normally have on Eckler in this game. All Right, let's go to the let's go to the passing game, and I want to start with Justin air Bear. Baltimore's allowed the fewest passing touchdowns point eight per game. Only one quarterback has topped one touchdown against Baltimore all season long. Your tiny window of optimism is that the Ravens haven't played any top tier quarterbacks aside from Joe Burrow, who has hurt in both of the Ravens games. And then the Keenan Allen matchups tricky too, and normally that's your go to guy.
Speaker 4: I just I don't love it all here. I can only give you a C.
Speaker 1: Grade on Justin air Bear Herbert Keenan Allen B grade in the last two weeks. He leads the league in targets, receptions, yards, and touchdowns. So you'd think it'd be an automatic A for Keenan Allen. You gotta start him, but tough matchup. Allen lines up in the slot sixty percent of the time. That means he's gonna have his hands full with Kyle Hamilton and Arthur Mallett. Hamilton gives up just a fifty seven passer rating and Mallett hasn't allowed a touchdown all year, So I mean, there's just it's a tough spot. Since Week two, Baltimore has only allowed four touchdowns to wide receivers and that brings us to the tight end position. Donald parrm If Gerald Everett is out and it looks like he's going to be out for this game, I think Parm's startable with everet out. Last week, Parm ran thirty routes. In games where Parm has run twenty three or more routes, he averages five targets, four catches, fifty yards, and half a touchdown.
Speaker 4: We'll take that. That's a win for a tight end.
Speaker 1: Over the last five weeks, Baltimore's allowed the fifth most tight end reception. So yeah, let's let's give Parm a shot with us C grade.
Speaker 4: And then what about Quinton Johnson.
Speaker 5: You wait, you're totally you're totally skipping over stone Cole Smart.
Speaker 4: I know, I was like, who is this guy? Apparently he's got a pedigree.
Speaker 1: As a OWT, as a quarterback, a running back, a receiver, a tight end something like that in his history.
Speaker 5: He's apparently he's a great ass six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Palm's even bigger than that. Let me get he played basketball. That's no point in list. Probably Quinton Johnson.
Speaker 1: It's we're only half a season into his rookie year, so we're not I'm not calling anybody a bust.
Speaker 4: But he might be a bust.
Speaker 1: Maybe had a game changing drop last week. This is like the prem you know, he said, so many great opportunities for Quinton Johnson to be, to Pat Johnston to make it, to be a big part of this offense hasn't happened yet, and it's not probably yet.
Speaker 4: But that's all.
Speaker 5: That's the problem When sometimes I see people being like, oh, Julio Jones only did this in his first you know, nine to ten games. There are players who only did so much in their first nine or ten games. I'm like, but Johnson's had the opportunities and hit him in the chest and dropped right. You know.
Speaker 1: That's the worry Rams taking on the cards. Brian on the Rams side, you already told us about Matthew Stafford, who you liked.
Speaker 4: In this matchup. Cooper Cup's gonna play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cooper, Cup is gonna play. I had an A on Pooka Nakua assuming Cup was gonna sit. I thought they might rest them in this game, but again they're not, so I got a B on both Cup and Nikua, and I mentioned this earlier. The Rams and Cardinals did meet in week six for the first meeting of the seasons. We'll reference that Pukah only had four for twenty six scoreless yards in the first meeting. Cuple went off for seven catches one hundred and forty eight yards in a touchdown, but that could easily be flip flop. You're not gonna sit either one when they're healthy, So just a be though for Cup and Nakua to two. At Well was going to be might take a chance with me wide receiver of Cup sat. The Cup is playing, so at Well is on the bench, and Tyler Higbee was going to get a C if Cup sat because Higbee is averaged six and a half targets and fifty yards per game with Cup on the sideline. But again, Cup playing, so he could be on the bench. But guess who's not on the bench and who is back? Kyron Williams, Kyron Williams, my boy.
Speaker 4: I wanted to give him an a.
Speaker 6: I thought he was going to walk into a full time the full time you know workload. Sean McVay is kind of hinted they'll ease him back in. I don't totally buy it. I still think he leads the Rams backfield in touches. He had one hundred and fifty eight rushing yards and a score in the first meeting. He didn't need to catch a pass because the Rams kind of rolled the Cardinals in this one. Arizona has surrendered the third most PPR points. He running back, so a safe be for Kyron Williams in his return and Royce Freeman back to the bench. He did beat out Darryl Henderson, though, which I didn't see it coming. I mean, if you're in a super deep league, Royce Freeman might be playable in a pinch, but for the most part he is on the bench. Over the Arizona side. James Connor forever gets to see. Basically did not play in the first meeting, so no recent history there, but he has touched the ball at least sixteen times in the two games since returning from ir but not the best matchup for Connor. The Rams are allowing just one hundred and nine combo yards per game, so again per usual, just a volume C for James Connor and over to the passing game. It's a little messy here. Michael Wilson ruled out again he will not play. So we got Marquise Brown, Rondell Moore, and Greg Dortsch. I kind to give all of them a cee. Brown was targeted eleven times in the first meeting but only caught four balls for thirty thirty four scoreless yards.
Speaker 4: But again, Josh Dobbs was the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Then they have a quote unquote new quarterback now that is Kyler Murray, so Hollywood would still be Murray's preferred option at wide receiver. Moore caught a long touchdown last year on his only target, but Greg Dortch he led the Cardinals in receiving. So I like Brown, then Dorsch, then more with C grades in that order, and lastly, Kyler Murray.
Speaker 4: Was your take a chance on me quarterback chart.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry not lastly Trey McBride last week didn't come through with that A grade last year, but still commands a ton of targets when Murray's the quarterback. He had four catches for sixty two yards in the first game, Trey McBride, and that was with Zach Ertz playing. Yeah, ERT's not playing in this game. The Rams allowing nearly five catches and sixty yards per game to tight ends, So a safe b for Trey McBride.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, a segment we like to call premature speculation. We'll give you guys you can pick up this week that would normally not be available or people try to pick up.
Speaker 4: You know how this works. Premature speculation coming up next. Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Final segment Fantasy Football Weekly for this week, number twelve and the playoffs rooms here unbelievable close. I think it's the Galaga defender something like that.
Speaker 4: I'm not positive.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is a segment we call premature speculation. Players you want to pick up now that other people will be trying to pick up next.
Speaker 4: Week, Scott, who you got?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with a T. Perry with Michael Thomas sideline for a bit here at Perry is the next man up? Six five, two, ten, four, four seven, forty. I know, I know. Which is the type of guy that loves those metrics? Yes, Alave and Shaheed are out there. But Perry got four four targets and a score after Thomas went down. Not just that, he led the team in snaps after Thomas went down, so he was out there. There's there's a non zero chance he becomes something.
Speaker 1: Right, right, Okay, at Perry kind of interested in that angle, Brian, who's your premature speculation player.
Speaker 6: Not super exciting, but you might just have yourself a starting running back down the stretch, and that is Cincinnati's Travion Williams. And it's this simple. The Bengals are in last place in their division right now. They're done. They're not making the playoffs, they're not What is the point of continually running Joe Mixon into the ground, who's really done nothing anyway? Why not at some point and Trayvon Williams is the only running back who's been getting touches, granted it's a change of pace other than Mixon. So Travon Williams, they might just run him out there and he'll get fifteen to twenty touches the game. And not that you're gonna he's an auto start, but he's a nice player to have on your bench at the very least Travion Williams.
Speaker 1: All right, my premature speculation is also a backup running back Kenneth Gainwell from Philadelphia. Now, do you guys remember back in August when we all he was gonna be the starter. Well, we didn't know for sure, right, you know, but we were like, there's too many guys, and most of us passed on DeAndre Swift many many times in the draft, right, so he went off the board in like round six of most fantasy drafts. I'm estimating much of our hesitation was because of Swift's history of injury, which is very real, spanning all three of US Detroit seasons. He missed significant time in all those seasons despite never even being a work horse. Fast forward to today, Swift's logging twenty touches per game since Week two, a pace that puts him behind only Josh Jacobs, Christian McCaffrey, and Travis Etn. That's it, then, DeAndre Swift. Now it's hard to guess right on when a player's going to be injured, right, but we can look at a player who had a three year track record of injury and go, okay, now, touching the ball twenty times a game.
Speaker 5: Or or a Philly team that might realize, oh, we're in it to win the super Bowl and not these last games of the season.
Speaker 4: That was my other point.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm glad I jumped in this, Stealers.
Speaker 4: I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Then the Eagles are nine and one, so at some point they might start playoff planning and want to keep Swift healthy. So there's two different scenarios where Kenneth game well can end up being a meaningful participant in the for your team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fantasy managers who are relying on Eagles, you we want them to lose at least one game because they went out.
Speaker 4: They're sitting there.
Speaker 1: I think Dallas is so close though, right, and Dallas playing great ball right now.
Speaker 6: Eight and three, but they still need the Eagles to lose a game, which they could this week.
Speaker 4: What a great segue. Oh kick it the church just really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's Bills versus Eagles. Scott, Let's let's go to you for this game. Yeah, let's start. I want to start Bill's side of this. Okay, shout all. A lot of inconsistent performances. From a fantasy standpoint, it's all been good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't matter from a fantasy standpoint. In fact, he's got multiple scores in ten straight. In fact, he's got multiple scores in thirteen of the last fourteen games dating back to last year, so he's I was getting those for you. Yes, the Eagles have allowed multiple scores to passers in three straight and they allowed the third most touchdowns six months passing yards. It's an A grade for Josh Allen. I really didn't need to go for all of that. Stefan Diggs is going to get an A grade. He's he's Although Kincaid has been outproducing digs since Knox went down, he still digs. And this Eagles defense is allowing the most receptions, fifth most yards, second most touchdown to wide receiver, which is a little surprising because they got Bradbury and Sleigh on the outsides there, but they're allowing The part of it is game scripts are forcing teams to pass to catch up to the Eagles when they get ahead, So that's a lot. That's a big part of that. But I do have an A grade on Diggs. I have Gabe Davis on the bench despite I believe Joe Brady's the OC there now for the Bills. Yes, yes, something like Gabe Davis, who didn't have a catch, had the best game of the wide receivers last week three. The block eat he did and the rud Gabriel that's sweet.
Speaker 4: That does not help us.
Speaker 5: I know bench grade on Gabe Davis, two goose eggs in the last three weeks. I just can't trust that. Khalil Shakira, I actually have a C grade on Eagles fourth worst against the slot. He's outproduced Gabriel Davis since Knox went out and they started playing more eleven personnel. Putting Shakir in the slot, he also gets to avoid Bradbury and Slay and stay inside, and of course they're bad against the slot. So a gray Dalton Kincaid third among tight ends in separation Dawson Knox went down. Kincaid out produced digs. Since I mentioned all of that, but three straight tight ends have scored on the Eagles, Travis Kelce, Jake Ferguson, Logan Thomas. They've allowed six tight end touchdowns in the last ten games, and in those last three games, each lead tight end top sixteen pprs. I got an A grade there, James Cook, This is where it gets a little tougher. I have a C grade on James Cook's He's his rushing yards over expectation is one of the tops in the league. But the Eagles allow the fewest combo yards touchdowns and fewest touchdown touches to backs because teams try to pass on them. Cook does have one hundred plus total yards in back to back games. He's finally seen a little bit more goal line work. We saw the five yard touchdown reception last week. But what does worry me? It's a tough matchup and Ty Johnson started playing ahead of Latavius Murray last week and taking like he caught four balls. If he starts taking the those and Latavius and Cook even split the goal line work, that's rough spot for James Cook. I'm only giving him the sea hoping he gets twelve to fifteen touches, maybe a couple of catches. Yeah, it's gonna be a pretty much a volume ce for James Cook in this one. It'd be much different if time Montcomery didn't jump in for catches. Yeah. Over on the Philly side, I have a grades on Jalen Hurts and aj Brown. I don't really know how much I have to talk about it, but in the last nine games, Jalen Hurts has multiple scores nine times. He just keeps doing it. Aj Brown he does not get Lugaria Sneid this week, so he should go back closer to the one hundred plus and a touchdown streak of five games he had before that. DeVonta Smith, I'm only giving with a C grade here. He's gonna get Rozuel Douglas, who's been really stingy since he came to Buffalo. Since he came to Buffalo, he's allowing a thirteen eight point eight passer rating against. That's really good since he's been since he switched teams. Three straight A level days for DeVonta Smith, but I don't love the matchup middle pack there. I'm giving him a ceat DeAndre Swift B grade. Bill's allowing the third most targets, fifth most receptions, third most receiving yards, six most yards per reception to running backs. They don't do well against pass catching running backs, and that is something DeAndre Swift can do pretty well well. Over the last two weeks. DeVonta Williams had his best pass catching day against them last week. Breeze Hall had a great past catching day against them. Swift himself has handled over seventy five percent of the touches in the last three games. Over the last three games, each game we just kind of talked about that he's getting all that work. Maybe it tones down, but I don't think it tones down just yet. So B grade and DeAndre Swift makes sense.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Monday nighter Bears Vikings. These teams were so bad against the run last year. Bears ranked thirty first, Vikings ranked twenty six against the run.
Speaker 4: Get this.
Speaker 1: Over the last five weeks, which is a pretty big sample size in the NFL, the Vikings and Bears ranked number one and number two in run defense.
Speaker 4: That's an amazing turnaround. Amazing, it really is.
Speaker 1: I let to start the Chicago side. Let's go since we're talking about the running game. They're all on the bench unless and you may not know. You may not know Sunday when you need to set your lineup. If Don de Foreman's ruled out, then Khalil Herbert moves up to a C grade. But if he goes, then we've got just it's just split back do then we can't do it. Herbert got the majority of the work last week in part because Foreman got knocked out of the game. But then he did nothing. He only had two yards per carry over the last five games. Minnesota allowing just fifty three rushing yards per game, and non DeAndre Swift runners are averaging three point one yards per carry against Minnesota. It's a virtually nothing.
Speaker 5: That is. And that DeAndre Swift game was way beginning of the season.
Speaker 1: It was that was week two. Let's go to the passing game justin Fields B grade. It's, oh, this guy right here in his first game off that month layoff, he got dialed up for fourteen runs, one hundred and four rushing yards.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 1: If that rushing even close to that's going to keep happening. I don't even care if he passes. Doesn't he just go back there and run the whole time. He faced Minnesota for about one half of week six, and he had already rolled.
Speaker 4: Up forty eight rushing yards.
Speaker 1: So you extrapolate that and that would be ninety six on a full game. We'll Vikings are ant above average pass defense, allowing exactly one touchdown pass per game over the last six weeks. Down's about right for justin Fields. One touchdown pass and a bunch of rushing yardage B grade for justin fields, leaning towards A grade Dj Moore again, Vikings maybe without their starting cornerback at Caleb Evans, but don't know. It's a Monday nighter. You'll want to, you know, try to watch that if you can. But I think either way you're gonna start DJ Moore because he's so much more fantasy viable with justin fields than he was with Tyson Bagen. Minnesota leans zone heavy, and DJ Moore leads all Bears wide outs in targets and receptions against zone coverage, and he's tenth over all in the league against the zone. If if Evans misses, I could I could see moving up to an A grade because that puts Mackay Blackman on the field, and in that situation last week, Blackman allowed receptions on all six of his targets. I'd move him up to an A grade. You may not know in time before about whether or not Evans is enter out though.
Speaker 4: On Sunday, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's talk talk about Cole Comett, the only other player for the Bears who probably care about much better. In the Tyson bagent games, almost exactly half of the stats in field starts. So that's the bad news, averaging just four catches thirty seven yards in the field starts. But good tight ends have fared well against Minnesota. But do you guys think is Cole Commet a good tight end?
Speaker 5: I mean edge of top twelve, he's probably twelve to fourteen range, ten to fourteen range.
Speaker 1: He has this fun yeah, like top six tight ends have done well against Minnesota and the rest really haven't.
Speaker 4: I've got a C grade on Cole Comet. Let's go to the Viking side. TJ.
Speaker 1: Hockinson a little less used last week, likely because he continues to play through a serious rib injury, and I worry a bit that it'll be less used this week too with the bye week coming.
Speaker 4: Maybe they just rest him up here.
Speaker 1: Countering that concern, Josh Dobbs averaging eleven targets to his tight end per game since coming to Minnesota, most of that going to Hockinson. Bears defense has seen the ninth most targets the tight ends, six most receptions the tight ends in a total of five touchdown the position.
Speaker 4: So a grade TJ.
Speaker 5: Hockinson.
Speaker 1: I feel pretty confident about him. Feel pretty confident justin Jefferson's not going to play in this game. They're going to have him get right for through the bye week next week. Jordan Addison has the top five receptions or scored in the Josh Dobbs era. Over the last five weeks, Chicago's allowed the fourth fewest yards to opposing wide receivers, and that's thanks mostly to emerging star cornerback Jalen Johnson, who basically just shuts down half the field. Over the last five weeks, He's allowing two receptions for thirteen yards in his coverage.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 1: So it is a tough matchup for Jordan Addison. I can only get you to a C grade on him, and that brings us to this.
Speaker 3: Guy, Toby.
Speaker 4: Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 1: The Broncos exposed some of Dobbs's passing weaknesses last week, and if you had to rely entirely on his arm I'd give Dobbs a C or a bench grade against an improving Chicago secondary. But fortunately he can run. The Bears held Kirk Cousins to just one hundred and eighty one yards and one touchdown in the earlier matchup, and Cousins is obviously a lot better passer than Josh Dobbs. But Dobbs has scored rushing touchdowns in five straight games, and he's averaging forty four rushing yards and Vikings games, and the Bears haven't seen any mobile quarterbacks yet and haven't allowed a quarterback rushing touchdown this season. So Dobbs comes in with a B grade thanks mostly to the legs. I think he gets like one passing touchdown if he runs for a touchdown and one passing touchdown. Yeah, we'll take that. What about the running game for the Vikings?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: What a frustrating experience this has been. You know, got plenty of things wrong this year. The one thing we got right Alexander Madison. No rushing touchdowns and negative five yards on runs originating from inside the ten yard line. Well, frustrating. A lot of it's been bad blocking, but that's just the reality of it. Apparently he can fumble an unlimited number of times without losing his starter status to ty Chandler, and is rushed for the third worst yards over expectation at negative eighty yards.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 6: So I saw you tweet that stat and then someone accused you of cherry picking those stats. By cherry picking highlights of bad blocking, but there were highlights that he omitted that were bad vision from Alexander Madison. So it's a never ending, i know, cherry picking festival of whatever he's been bad, he's been awful.
Speaker 1: And as I mentioned at the outset of this matchup, over the past five games, Chicago ranks number one in rushing yards allowed, just fifty two per game. So the entire Minnesota running game is on the bench. I would love to see ty Chandler get a bunch of work, but apparently that's just not gonna happen in my lifetime, he says bitterly. We've got a couple of minutes before the end of the show. I was thinking about this earlier this week. First round running backs next year. We saw the running back This past draft cycle. We saw running backs fall out of the first round more than ever before, and only Christian McCaffrey of those that were drafted in the first round last year, only Christian McCaffrey has lived up to his draft status. If you look ahead to next year, other than Christian McCaffrey, which running backs are going to go in the first round.
Speaker 5: I thought you're gonna phrase it by which one. If there's one other one, which one, it would well.
Speaker 6: Find another one as of right now, not be John Robinson, but if he closes as a bell cow if Smith gets fired, or if Smith gets fired, but two other guys that I think could jump in, and they're both coming off major knee injury this year and getting a lot more work than I thought. Or Brestall and Javonte Williams. I think they closed strong.
Speaker 4: We can see the founders though, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think the other two candidates are Travis CTN and potentially Jimior Gibbs.
Speaker 1: But pro Gibbs it I think the problem on Gibbs is always going to be touchdowns. He's not going to get the ball to goal line and that's not changing, I think. I think, and so many people got I think just finally the world has figured out to the opposite they're gonna.
Speaker 5: That was That was me saying, these are the only ones I can think of. Yeah, maybe Jonathan Taylor, if he really just is cowish at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Season again he goes electric down the stretch, I can see that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that's probably what it would take. Thanks for listening, everybody, If you miss any part of the show and you want to figure out who to ben true to start. All my play rankings available for free at Guillotine leagues dot com or on the Guillotine Leagues app for those of you that have have got that going. And also, if you're listening to this over the air, know that it's a podcast, Fantasy Football Weekly, you can subscribe to that. And if you're listening to the podcasts and know it's over the air and in many cities around the country, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Dallas among them, we encourage you to check that out as well. Best of like in week twelve, talk to you next week, everybody. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.