Speaker 1: Hig and everybody on dan Hord and thanks for downloading the Bengals Booth podcast. The all the players came from far and wide. Addition, as we learn all about the two players selected by the Bengals on Day two of the draft, Demetrius Knight and Dylan Fairchild. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Corp, Proud to be the Bengals official hr software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Now here's a quick reminder that you can have the latest edition of this podcast delivered right to your phone, tablet, or computer by subscribing wherever you get your podcasts. It's the greatest thing since Greg co Sell's tape Notebook. If you've listened to this podcast over the years, you know how much I enjoy talking to Greg co Sell from NFL Films and the ESPN Matchup Show. In my opinion, nobody has been better over the years at studying the tape and making a complicated game a little bit easier for the rest of us to understand. Greg's pre draft scouting reports are always excellent, and this year you can find them all in one place, the thirty third team dot com. If you go there and search for Greg Cosell, you'll see where you can purchase his tape notebook. It features detailed scouting reports on one hundred and eighty six players in this year's draft and only costs four dollars in ninety nine cents. Here's some of what Greg had to say about the Bengals first round draft pick Shamar Stewart. Quote. He's a big man with a chiseled frame who does not look or move like two hundred and eighty pounds, and there were times watching his tape, especially when he was in pursuit suit, that he could have passed for a linebacker or even a big safety. Stewart possesses a high level combination of sudden and explosive athleticism and strength and power that not many at his position have, and there are reps in which he looks like as good of a defensive end prospect as you have seen in recent memory. Greg obviously addresses Schamar's strengths and weaknesses, and adds that the keys to Stuart's NFL success will be his defensive line coach and how he's deployed. If you would like to read Greg's reports on other players the Bengals select once again, go to the thirty third team dot com and search for Greg Cosel. The tape notebook is a steal at four ninety nine. Now let's take a look at the two newest Bengals, beginning with linebacker Demetrius Knight, selected in the second round out of South Carolina. Knight is a twenty five year old married father of two and spent the last six years playing college football for at Georgia Tech, one at Charlotte, and last year with the game Cocks, where he was a captain on one of the stingiest defenses in the country. Is South Carolina finished twelfth in points allowed. The former high school quarterback has excellent size at six two two thirty five, flash sideline to sideline speed, and is known for his physicality and toughness. He was projected to go later the number forty nine overall, but Al Golden and Zach Taylor say they were sweating it out that he would still be there when the Bengals were on the clock.
Speaker 2: It was stressful. It was stressful. Again he was he was the guy.
Speaker 3: Uh And again it could have went a number of positions, you guys, you know, you know all the positions that we're looking at. It could have went, you know, one way or another with another position. But in terms of that position, that was the guy. When we woke up this morning and I'm I'm glad he's here.
Speaker 4: You know, Alan and I were just talking walking down here. It felt a lot like waiting for Logan a couple of years ago and just letting all those picks take off. But he's a tremendous fit for us, someone that we had an extremely high opinion of, Very thankful that he was there when we picked walks in the door, A mature leader. You know, so many people we talked to this is one of their favorite people that they've been around. And just the leadership qualities, the football and tangibles, the football makeup, the talent that he's got. He's gonna walk in the door and and fight for a way to contribute immediately. And I fired up to watch that happen.
Speaker 3: The first thing that jumps out is his characters make up his ability to become a captain in a short time frame. He's the MVP of the best one of the best defenses in the country. And again, just like yesterday's piece, is really really hard to find, uh, you know, a combo de end if you will, a guy that can play inside or outside. This guy is hard to find. They just don't make him this long. He's played at two forty five. He's got enough length to go to the edge when you want to go to a five down look or or play some outside back or for you. So that's a pivotal piece for us. His pro day was excellent, you know, just a just a competitor. Loved his movement in space, sudden Blitzer could spy a quarterback on third down, gifted and coverage, you know, and again you're talking about you know, just shy of six to two thirty three inch arms, you know, two hundred and forty pounds and just love, love where he is as a player right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we want to make sure it's the right guy, you know, just not any guy. And this is one that we feel like can come in and compete to contribute immediately. And of course we're not We're not designing anybody any jobs right now, but he's a gut we think has to make up to walk in the door and compete immediately.
Speaker 2: We feel like we.
Speaker 3: Got a clean character kid. He's healthy, hasn't been playing linebacker all too long, so from that standpoint, although you know he's twenty five, he is a sending. I feel like we got him right at the right spot in his career, and I'm not concerned at all about the age. I think what we have is a guy who's got his priorities right. He's gonna be ready to come in and fight for a job.
Speaker 1: Night will be in the mix with free agent acquisition Owen Burks to potentially started linebacker next to Logan Wilson, and he could also contribute immediately on special teams. Jermaine Pratt has been a solid starter for six seasons, and his playoff ist of Las Vegas quarterback Derek Carr ranks among the most memorable moments in team history. But Jermaine is coming off an inconsistent year and has requested a trade amid speculation that he could be a cap casualty. Night looks like his eventual successor. He spoke by phone with Cincinnati reporters after the pick, and here are a few of his comments.
Speaker 5: I'll describe my game as nasty. I like to say when I'm going out there on the field that I like to hunt because if I don't hunt any you know, my family doesn't eat. So I've become the hunter out there. Whether what I say about my family and put the helmet on, I switched to that mean tell you, Okay, now I have to go hunt, and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make sure we come back with a wing. To make sure my family and everybody else, which this didn'taty family, now make sure that we all eat.
Speaker 1: From your pre draft contact with the Bengals, could you sense their interest?
Speaker 5: I could had a meeting with those guys previously here close to pro day, so I had a food. Maybe there was interest. I didn't didn't hear too much from you other than that, but I knew that when it comes to the draft, anything and everything is possible, especially after watching you know guys go Mett and right the first night with you know, different things different from my draft that I was seeing. So that's what I just told myself the first night. You know, anything happens. So they're keeping the options open and You'm glad we got we ended up in positioning that.
Speaker 6: We are a lot of players. Demetrius in your position, are twenty one two coming into the NFL. You're twenty five with as you just admitted, acknowledged a lot of different life experiences. How do you think that affects you coming into the NFL?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I don't think it affects me pretty too much. I believe it gives it gives me an edge telling a lot of guys that's my edge on team. That's my edge because I have I.
Speaker 2: Have a wife.
Speaker 5: I'm the other guys and young guys have wives as well, but my family is my wife. The why get up and go do what I do? And then you know, being able to play in college for that as I did, I've seen I've seen the good bear football. So I'm not a guy that team's gonna have to bates it hold hands with.
Speaker 1: One of the Bengals starting linebackers has requested a trade. Are you aware of the Jermaine Pratt situation and what opportunity do you think is going to be waiting for you in Cincinnati?
Speaker 5: I was not aware of that. I've just been trying to stay out of the media as much as possible and let the lower handleware wherever you're gonna place me, and uh, I believe that an opportunity, there's always a mentality of makes man up, but also embraced the opportunity. If you got one seven teens and that started, that's backup and that thirst. You got an opportunity to play, you gotta go to be your best moment. You have to the best of my ability, wherever they whatever, whatever they tell me, if I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: In the third round, with pick number eighty one overall, the Bengals selected Georgia offensive lineman Dylan Fairchild. He was the second team All American last year and the bulldogs starting left guard for the past two seasons. He's six' five three twenty five with a brawling wrestler's, mentality, and according To Pro Football, focus did not allow a single sack in more than seven hundred pass blocking snaps in his college. Career, ironically a lot of mock drafts had The bengals taking His georgia Teammate Tate, ratledge wound up going To detroit in round, two offensive Coordinator Dan pitcher traveled To george's pro day to take a first hand look at.
Speaker 7: Both we went down there with an open. Mind there's Other they got other guys too that we went down there to, see, Right so it's definitely a worthwhile visit for a. Coordinator but we just came away super impressed With dylan, again enjoyed our time in the classroom with. Him we felt like he was able to really articulate his role within their, offense what he was asked to. Do he was able to point, out you, know some of the errors that he, made how he would correct them moving. Forward and then, again the physical component of his play style just really fits.
Speaker 2: Us he's.
Speaker 7: Tough the intangibles are through the. Roof you, know we're talking about like an undefeated high school. Wrestler you really feel that, strength you feel that the will to move. People it's all there With. Dylan so we're super excited to have.
Speaker 4: They'll come in and compete to startup left guard right. Away, again just the, intangibles we. Like his skill set fits, us fits our, division fits our. Scheme so again we're really excited At dylan to the.
Speaker 7: Decks he's a guy who battled and played through an, injury who played less than one hundred percent but just toughed it, out was able to show that he could correct in areas maybe early in the year where he struggled a little. Bit and he's a guy with tremendous. Upset he's twenty two years, old he's got two years of starting football under his. Belt he's got a great physical skill, set and we think all the again intangibles to realize that.
Speaker 4: Potential there's a lot of scenarios out. There, obviously we want to take the best players that are. Available and we're very thankful of that linebacker that we really coveted in a guard that we really cover. It we're both there and so again that's a good day for.
Speaker 7: Us you, KNOW i think he's a player that can compete right. Away as we mentioned, before he's immediately thrown right in the mix at left, guard and he's a player with a lot of upsize upside yet to. Realize so you, know, well we're going to demand it out of them. Early we're Not we're not. Waiting you, know he's he's going to show up and the demands are going to be, clear and and we're going to ask him to go do it right, now but we know that there's there's a process there too for him to grow and ultimately become an excellent player in this.
Speaker 1: League it clearly appears that the starting spotted left guard is Fair child's to lose as a, rookie and The bengals invested a third round pick on an interior offensive lineman in hopes of landing a reliable building block that will help Protect Joe burrow for years to. Come here are some Of fairchild's comments when we caught up with him by.
Speaker 5: Phone oh, Man i'm just so honored to be taken WHERE i, was and you, know just super super excited to be next to guy as you Know i'm familiar, with super excited to be with Men's Chas, peters all the guys in this. Organization it's just a blessed to be taken by this.
Speaker 1: Franchise offensive Coordinator Dan pitcher just, said left guard is yours to. Win have they communicated.
Speaker 2: That to, You?
Speaker 5: Uh, no no so or not. Yet but you, Know i'm going to go in there and you, know do What i'm do It i'm called to, do you, know and just compete and do What i'm supposed to do every single day and give it my all day in and day.
Speaker 1: Out how would you describe the responsibility of trying to Protect Joe.
Speaker 5: Burrow, oh it's an. Honor you, Know it's an honor and it's something That i'm going to live and die by every single. Day you, Know it's the biggest honor of my. Life and you, Know i'm just super excited to do.
Speaker 8: It stealing The bengals throw the ball and Drop joe back more than any other team in THE. Nfl how comfortable are you in an offense that's heavily predicated on the passing.
Speaker 5: Game, YEAH i, MEAN i think it's just my play. Style, well you, know kind of in these previous. Questions you, know it's something THAT i want to improve, on as that run, blocking you, know but just being a pass every TEAM i think is just my play, style you. Know, SO i, MEAN i think that this is going to be a great. MATCH i JUST i just went went into it with a with a with an open. Mindset you. KNOW i, wasn't you, know leaning towards any. TEAM i wasn't going to try and fall in love with, anybody you. Know but now, now, now felling in love And i'm married.
Speaker 2: Now so.
Speaker 1: With The friday's, picks we'll travel To cincinnati On saturday to meet with the local media and the draft rezooms at noon with rounds, four, five, six and. Seven as of, now The bengals only have three more. Picks, safety running back and more help in the. Trenches all seem like strong. Possibilities coming up next analysis From Dave. Lapham but first a quick reminder that The Bengals booth podcast is brought to you by Pay, corps proud to be The Bengals OFFICIAL hr software, provider By Alta fiber future Proof Fiber internet designed to elevate your, home business and community to a new, level and By Kettering health the best care for the best. Fans Kettering health is the official healthcare provider of The. Bengals now Here's Dave lapham beginning with his thoughts on third round Selection Demetrius.
Speaker 2: Night i'm a sure, guy married a couple of.
Speaker 9: Kids you, know anybody that has related To Gladys knight is okay by, me and yeah, YEAH I Anaretha, franklin no doubt about. That he's you, know older. PLAYER i think he's twenty five years. OLD a downhill, player to say the, least comes downhill and hits with a lot of. Power he's very. Intense he can. Blitz he was a high school, quarterback so you know.
Speaker 2: He's got an.
Speaker 9: Athleticism he runs a four to five eight forty or one point five eight ten yards.
Speaker 2: Split pretty good numbers, there eighty one inch. WINGSPAN i, mean he is. Long he's one of.
Speaker 9: Those guys that can tie his shoelaces without bending. Over it's it's. Incredible he's he's a. LEADER i think he's got some nastiness to. Him the way he seems to comport himself on the football. Field bit all, legal of, course very passionate about the game of.
Speaker 2: Football looks like he's.
Speaker 9: A pretty fluid, athlete and he's got good football.
Speaker 2: Instincts there's no question about. That he sees.
Speaker 9: Things he's got good, eyes he, diagnoses he almost sees things before they. Happen and he's one of those guys that sometimes he comes downhill and hit you right in the, mouth and other times he'll he'll slip the block on. You so he'll he'll change things, up and he's got different techniques and how he attacks linemen and other blockers in the right, game and on top of his, physicality he's, got you, know ability to to run from sideline to.
Speaker 2: Sideline.
Speaker 9: UH i think he's A i think he's a you, know he's he's a good. Fit Al golden talked about solidifying the middle of the.
Speaker 2: Defense.
Speaker 9: Uh they Signed slayton uh in free, agency and then they Draft stewart with the first, pick And stewart can play outside or, inside and, uh HE'S i think he plays the run pretty darn. EFFECTIVELY i think that's, uh that's definitely a a plus on on his his side of. Things AND i JUST i just think, that, uh That Demetrius knight is going to be a guy That Al GOLDEN i think is identified as somebody that loves the game of football and somebody that understands the game of football and will be able to communicate, uh everything That Al golden is trying to get across to his football. Team i'm not saying he's going to be another assistant, coach BUT i think he's got the, leadership the, maturity all those kind of things where his teammates are going to really respect him and trust. Him AND i think Probably Al golden was sold on him after sitting down with him and finding out what this young man is all.
Speaker 1: About you brought UP. Tj. Slayton so they signed a massive noseguard as a free, agent their first round draft, Pick Shamar stewart six.' five he'll play somewhere between two seventy and two eighty And Now demetrius knight is a big man, at linebacker somewhere between two hundred and thirty five and two hundred and forty. Five pounds is there a? Message there Have the bengals gotten away from like speed speed speed in recent years and decided they needed to be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, BEFIER yeah i mean THAT'S The.
Speaker 9: AARC north i mean the physicality OF The. AFC north i mean you look at you look at what everybody did in the first round On. Draft day everybody chose defensive players and you know there were, you know they're only like.
Speaker 2: Sixteen and a half defensive.
Speaker 9: Players chosen as one, YOUNG man i, you know basically count him as. Both sides the way he is able to get.
Speaker 2: To get things done as as.
Speaker 9: A wide receiver. IN cornerback, i mean he's just he's a different breed. A cat there's no question. About that but, YOU know i think obviously you have to be able to handle that aspect, of things and you have to have, the physicality you have to have, the size you have to have, the ATHLETICISM and I think i think that's. The thing these are all, big people but with that size comes pretty good ability.
Speaker 2: To move and, YOU.
Speaker 9: Know I Think demetrious knight is a is a guy who he basically is a sideline the, sideline guy and he's a, you know he can he can come downhill and.
Speaker 2: Thump. You uh he can also play, you, know.
Speaker 9: LATERALLY and I just i think when you have a guy that size that one snap is. A lineman you come out on him and he just takes your right down the middle of. Your snout and so now you come out and you're you're ready to brace to that big hit and he pulls the slip.
Speaker 2: On you those guys drive.
Speaker 9: You NUTS and i think he does a pretty good job of mixing, it up giving people. Different looks and, YOU know i think when you when you look, At It al golden said before the draft wants to get better defensively and starts up. The middle and he in, free agency, of course he like we talked about he signed a big horse in free agency up, the middle and now he compounds that or adds to that was do it and now back that up with a, you know a two hundred and thirty five and forty pounds, you know middle linebacker who is the quarterback of. THE defense, i MEAN that's i think that's the other thing To Probably al golden Liked About demetrius knight as HIS. Football iq and, You know i'm sure when they had their interview and any testing that was done that that probably came out very.
Speaker 2: VERY forcefully.
Speaker 9: I think i think, this guy, you know, understands scheme understands what an offense is trying to do to to take a part, of defense understands what a defense needs.
Speaker 2: To do to. Counter that and, you know he's a guy he's the quarterback of.
Speaker 9: The defense, you know the quarterback obviously quarterback of. The offense but a guy Like This, DEMETRIUS knight, i mean he's a guy that's going to take control of the huddle and he's going to be the, unquestioned Leader And al golden's going to be, you know stay going verbally or in students or whatever on the sideline and To meeteus knight is going to take that take that information and imparted to his teammates in a very, confident manner and then he's going to make any necessary adjustments that he has to make based on what the offense does at the line.
Speaker 2: Of SCRIMMAGE so i think.
Speaker 9: A guy of his age has got a lot of experience, football experience. Life experience AND like, i said the dude's married with a couple. OF kids i mean that's a that's a different dynamic a lot of these. YOUNG bucks, i mean some of these his teammates are going, to be, you know barely twenty. Years OLD so i think they're going to look at him as somebody that commands respect and they're going to trust him because, you know he's the world league guy, as such both on and off the.
Speaker 1: FOOTBALL field i Thought the bengals were going to take a guard in the. Second round that, didn't happen but they got one in, Round Three dylan fairchild Out of georgia. Six' five depending on what roster, you look at somewhere between three point fifteen and, Three twenty five what do You Think? Of, DYLAN fairchild.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think i, think this one this one's. An intriguing.
Speaker 9: Pick You, know the BENGALS like like, I Mentioned, earlier al, golden you know wanted to improve the Defense. And the bengals the first two picks were defensive picks at the defensive line and then at the at. The linebacker position so it was time to address the area that didn't needed to be addressed, the most offensive and that was the interior of. The Offensive Line and dylan fairchild is.
Speaker 2: He's he's, a football. PLAYER you, know i mean.
Speaker 9: This guy is a, is a passionate passionate guy about the. Game, of football wrestler highly acclaimed, High schoo wrestler Every wrestler that i've seen and played against on, the football field they all have unbelievable balance and a lot of them are. FREE damn NASTY i think i think he's got. Both of those and they also part of the balance is the. Ability, TO recover, So I mean tim crumrie is. A great, example i mean you Could Not get tim krumrie. Off his, feet it's, like you know he dug holes and buried his feet and planted his feet.
Speaker 2: In the dirt it was amazing trying to get.
Speaker 9: Him off balance and when he did get a little, bit off balance he's. RECOVERING a, heartbeat i mean his, recovery was instantaneous and they just. Have an understanding wrestlers have an understanding of leverage and body mechanics and what to do to counter something.
Speaker 2: That you're doing.
Speaker 9: And he is that's that's extremely valuable as a result of the balance and the body mechanics and recovery abilities.
Speaker 2: And all that he's a.
Speaker 9: HALACIOUS pass Protector I Mean pro football focus gives him a great at eighty nine point two since twenty twenty three. THIS past season i think you get a rating and hide like ninety. Seven or something and you know what he does is, as ar wrestling he is not going to allow the. Pocket to collapse he's gonna firm. That pocket up he's going to keep the depth. Of the pocket quarterbacks appreciate, the offensive tackles keeping the width, of the pocket keeping those edge rushers as, wide as possible and then the center, and the, guards you know making sure that the. Pocket is firm they, take people on they use hands and lock. Their arms out he's not the longest in, terms of arms but he's got very quick hands and. He's very, comfortable you know, if in fact a guy you know snuggles up his pass rush a little bit, of defensive linemen he gets pretty close and tight to his body because of.
Speaker 2: His wrestling, background you know. Wrestlers like that wrestlers like to. Grapple like that it.
Speaker 9: Doesn't it doesn't bother him if he. Doesn't have separation but he does. Have quick hands, he will strike will he, will you know separate when when. WHEN he CAN i just i just think that it's not that he's a, terrible RUN blocker but i think he's such a. Superior pass protector you know that that's what. Gets Talked About and joe burrow was stacked forty eight, times last year, so you know firming up that pocket is going to be.
Speaker 2: A big deal the other thing that that is of some Intrigue Is a marius, wms his teammate.
Speaker 9: And you know he had some of his staffs at that, right guard position which would be Right Next. To Marius memes and i'm sure you know they have a good feeling. About each other i'm sure there's a. Respect level there there's a trust level there from, not only games but practices and getting to know your teammate not only as, a football player but, as a, person you, know over time so that's that can't be anything but a.
Speaker 1: Plus As well, dan pitcher said left Guard is fair. Child's to win what your reaction to a third round draft pick being penciled in is the likely starting left guard In Front. Of, JOE burrow.
Speaker 9: Yeah i, Think You know cordell wilson obviously had issues last year and he was removed from. That starting lineup, and you, know the thing THE thing That I think dylan fairchild does pretty well is from the. Wrestling as well understands leverage and understands his pad level.
Speaker 2: And getting his pad.
Speaker 9: Level underneath people and that was An area, where volson, struggled you know.
Speaker 2: Last, YEAR mightily actually i mean it.
Speaker 9: Was a, problem for him and the problem grew is the, season one along, and you know you have to be able to bend at the knees and not. At the waist and one thing that wrestlers normally are is they've. Got body Flexibility And watching dylan fairchild, a little bit looks.
Speaker 2: Like he does have a lot.
Speaker 9: Of body, FLEXIBILITY so YEAH i think i don't think that that challenge will be too. Big FOR him and i Do Think that joe burrow will appreciate his talents as a past protector if in fact he does.
Speaker 2: Win the, job you know.
Speaker 9: Quarterbacks love a firm Pocket, man and, joe you know, As we know joe loves to climb in the pocket late and have his eyes downfield.
Speaker 2: The whole time as he's.
Speaker 9: Climbing the pocket, when he's climbing he's not necessarily. Looking to run more, times than not he's got his eyes down the football field and he'll, deliver a, strike you know from a platform that's, that's not, uh you, know defensive players it's not conduced to accurate.
Speaker 2: Delivery with a.
Speaker 9: GREAT follow, Through, i mean joel he's thrown off, his front, foot you know his balance will look.
Speaker 2: Awkward or whatever man he's he's. Accurate as hell he does it as well or.
Speaker 9: Better than anybody and he can climb that pocket and he can find a lane to take advantage of and. Run if necessary but a lot of times he's just trying to find that lane to buy a little bit extra time and have those eyes down the field.
Speaker 2: The whole time and uh and and and put.
Speaker 9: The ball right on the, money with, that you know drop a din accuracy, that he HAS and SO i think.
Speaker 2: I THINK it's a i think it's.
Speaker 9: A good fit i Think that the bengals obviously like, throwing the football and they put a lot of money into their quarterback and two receivers, and tight end and you know they intend on throwing football and hurting people. Through THE air and i think. That's Right Up Dylan.
Speaker 2: Sia charles alley there's.
Speaker 1: One Day left the bengals have picks, in, round four. Five and six here are some of the names that are. Still Out there ohio, State Edge, Rusher Jack sawyer south, Carolina Edge, rusher kyle Kinnard Running backs cam Scataboo Out, Of Arizona state corey KINER out of uc. And Many, others Jack Kaiser, Linebacker, notre dames kentucky three hundred and forty, Pound Defensive, tackle dion, Walker Offensive lineman Jared, Wilson From georgia Luke, Candra from cincinnati Marcus Bow from Purdue Oklahoma. Safety billy bowman do any names or position groups rise to the top of your list for something you'd like To see the bengals Get, DONE on saturday i.
Speaker 2: Would go back to the defensive.
Speaker 9: Side of football the, football you know they did the, first two picks and now they addressed the interior of, the defensive line they addressed the. Inside linebacker position they went to the interior or the offensive line with. THEIR third pick i would continue that trend and and solidify the middle of the defense with the best safety. On the board if they're you don't like what is out there at, the safety, position you know maybe. YOU go corner, i, do Think though that i'm a firm believer in being strong, up the middle both. Offensively, and defensively uh you haven't been involved with the game of baseball for a good part.
Speaker 2: OF your life, i, mean catcher, shortstop second.
Speaker 9: Base center field when you've get those positions in control in the middle of, your defenses sound you're going to have pretty good numbers on the defensive.
Speaker 2: Side of things it's it's like. THAT in, football i mean.
Speaker 9: If you've, got you know, interior defensive linemen then they can win at the, line of scrimmage a linebacker that they can come downhill, and wreck plays and you know safeties that. Are just headhunters it's it's that that's that's the makings of. A GOOD defense so i would have no problem with them going back on the to the defensive, side OF it and uh and going.
Speaker 2: With, the you know with. The safety, Position you know scat, was an.
Speaker 9: Interesting interesting. Guy you know the one thing at the running back POSITION at the uh, at the combine there were more. QUALITY running backs i think it was thirty one running backs showed up, at the combine and really they're looking at him. A little bit i mean there were ten or, eleven of them, and, that's like eh you've can take a second or third, look at. This You know and i'm not saying that they're going to take a running back with, the next pick but it would not surprise me before the drafts over that running.
Speaker 2: Back is selected and then if for some.
Speaker 9: Reason it's not college free agency in the in the second phase of, unrestricted free agency there there may be somebody that that would peak. Peak the interest so there's still miles to go before they rest in, assembling a roster and there's still a couple of a, couple of areas and you've got to finish, the draft obviously and then, unrestricted free agency, and you know after you finish the draft on a round, by round basis there's college free, agency as, well and honestly you Look At, the cincinnati bengals it is a it's, A destination now i mean around the league, in college football, it's you Know You heard schuman, stewart.
Speaker 2: Talking about yeah you.
Speaker 9: Know You met joe burrow and how how excited he Was About.
Speaker 2: Meeting joe burrow, and you know people want To Play. With joe burrow it's no.
Speaker 9: No shot there and everybody that follows football knows That They resigned joe burrow's top two targets at, The Receiver, position jason higgins and They resigned to sickie at the. Tight end position, who's you know a dynamic receiver at the tight end position and basically lines up in.
Speaker 2: SPOTS like, receivers, i mean so.
Speaker 9: If you're a, college football player you want to be Drafted By.
Speaker 2: The cincinnati bengals.
Speaker 9: If you're an umber, restricted free agent you'd love to be Contacted By, the cincinnati bengals and you'd love to Visit With the cincinnati bengals, because you know number nine is. The real deal he's proven it and He's got the bengals has done a good job of making sure that he's got weapons to throw.
Speaker 2: The football too and now they're making.
Speaker 9: Sure That with dylan fairchild being selected in, the third round adding to the interior of, the offensive line and they want to make sure they. Protect those investments and, then you know the offensively do.
Speaker 2: Every thing they possibly can to take care of that side of the.
Speaker 9: Football and don't get caught, in the, shootouts you know don't don't be in, these.
Speaker 2: Forty, one you know.
Speaker 9: THIRTY eight contests I, mean the bengals what they have five games where they scored thirty points or more and certainly didn't, live them, all you know so it.
Speaker 2: Might have been.
Speaker 9: More than that they might have lost some games where they, scored thirty more. That's for sure, so you know it takes both sides of the football to be a. Championship football team And And with al golden and new members of the defensive coaching staff and what they're what they're. Looking to INSTALL that's why I Think these notre dame players have a little bit of intrigue because obviously they come in there with.
Speaker 2: A leg Up they.
Speaker 9: Understand al, gold and system they understand his language that is communicated, within that system.
Speaker 2: AND that's big i mean that.
Speaker 9: That gives you a head start, against you know other players that are coming in off the street and have not had any kind. Of exposure whatsoever now not saying they can't, catch off quickly, But You know al golda not only that, aspect of it but he knows what they're like under fire in the. Heat of battle they know what he's like under fire in the, heat of battle.
Speaker 2: And all of that, Stuff has value. There's no question and you.
Speaker 9: Know those those those relationships and the dynamic of those relationships are what football.
Speaker 2: Is all.
Speaker 1: About don't forget i'll have another podcast wrapping up the final day of the draft ready when you Wake up, on sunday morning And, Then on monday i'll have a one on one Conversation With the Bengals Director, Of College, scouting Mike potts and i'm sure we'll get some good Nuggets from the. Bengals war room that's going to do it for this Episode Of the, bengals booth podcast brought To You, By paid corps proud To be THE bengals official hr Software Provider by alta fiber Future proof fiber internet designed to, elevate, your home business and community to a new level and by kettering health the best care for. The Best fans kettering health is the official healthcare Provider. Of the bengals if you haven't, done so already please subscribe to this podcast and if you, have a minute give it a rating or share a comment That helps more bengals. Fans Find Us i'm dan hord and thanks for Listening To the bengals booth podcast