Speaker 1: Come mom transmitting there, Liza, Welcome to Friday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 2: Morning coming up, Luke Bryan in studio. That's next hour. I do it like on Fridays, just to go around the room and check in with everybody. Amy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: I've been new morning ritual.
Speaker 4: Journaling has always been something I try to do in the morning, but I have been slacking lately and not doing it, and so now I sleep with my journal in my bed and it's right there when I wake up, and I'm not allowed to get out of bed until I've journaled a page.
Speaker 3: So now that's my new.
Speaker 2: How long have you been doing this journaling?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, oh, this week? It's a new ritual, Like so okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm rooting for it to last. Anything that I plan to do that's constructive, that's not about work, and I'm like I'm gonna do this. I always end up not doing it because I'm like, man, I could use this time to really get ready for work. I hope that you're not like that.
Speaker 3: I hope it's just my thing.
Speaker 4: Like journaling in the morning is something that I do, but since I've been slacking, now this is getting me back in so maybe I'll eventually get back to doing it at the kitchen table. But now it's like you want to get out of bed.
Speaker 2: You do that before work though, too, could share Yeah, yeah's three minutes as my eyes open. I am like anxious that everything's got to get done. It needs to be gone over twice for the show. I mean, maybe you should journal. Good for you. I did it for a while. Send an emails in that journaling. You know, pretty close I'll go. So I'm not mister anxiety guy that doesn't feel like it, and I have friends that suffer from anxiety. But I was like, I don't have anxiety. It's a daytime. I never have anxiety. I feel great. I come, I started, Uh, I can't. I don't sleep ever, And my doctor's like, yeah, that's anxiety at night for no reason. Your heart just starts pounding. Then you can't sleep. But there are reasons. But it feels to me like there's no reason because I'm slowing down and then who knows why, Maybe it's tomorrow I want to oversleep. You know, in twenty something years, I've never been like to work, never slept so or at least never been late to work. Like I've gotten here right before, and maybe that's part of it. I just don't want to miss work. And there are other factors, and we've tried things like even the small that a little weighted bank blanket. My wife gets to put it on me, I'm like, oh, thank you. But we bought a twenty five pounds full weighted blanket, full comforter. It's twenty five pounds.
Speaker 6: So you don't sweat under that thing. That sounds like a huddle of water for me.
Speaker 2: Here's why we don't sweat. I have two things that's a great question. Are sleep number bed we can we can change the temperature, so we turnt it cooler. So we took if the bed's cooler and the air is cool and it counters whatever's on top of you. That actually works for us. But it's it's pretty heavy. Can you roll over in the Yeah you can, but it's pretty heavy. I think I like it. We've done it for like three nights. But when you get it, it's a little of twenty five pounds in a bag and it's a comforter and you put it inside of your do vet to day. Thank you. So that was a little something. We have a twenty five pound blanket type thing that I'm testing.
Speaker 3: I hope it helps.
Speaker 2: It's a little heavy for my wife, thought she. I think, She's like, I feel like I might ask it, I think, says yea.
Speaker 4: If you fold it the one half on top of you and then take it off of her and fold it back on top.
Speaker 3: Of you, does that make it fifty.
Speaker 2: No, the whole thing is twenty pounds, okay, because if you do have four fold of.
Speaker 3: One hundred, you're like, okay, we have discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's for me, Eddie. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: I got a text from a buddy yesterday and all I said was just thinking about you, and it felt nice.
Speaker 2: Remember we were talking about that's your thing, right, You're just sending people text to say, just thinking about you. But I hadn't talked.
Speaker 5: I hadn't sent him with a text he sent me, do you think.
Speaker 2: On the show? Yeah that's okay though, but still, I mean, that's that and he was thinking about you because he was listening to you.
Speaker 5: And I told you guys that I am the one sending to people. I hadn't gotten one yet. It feels real nice, and I had no problem responding to it. I said, thanks, man, hope you're well.
Speaker 2: I just never know how to respond and I feel like they're up just no good when people send me that you.
Speaker 3: Think it's always what if you assume the best?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, just thinking about jew reply back, Okay, do you want some money?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: What do you want? Yeah? I just what do you need from me? Lunchbox?
Speaker 6: We have, man, Listen, I watched a lot of TV and nothing gives me nightmares. But something popped on my TV the other night that gave me nightmares has me freaked out. In CIS Sydney is back that terrible TV show.
Speaker 7: You guys made me watch.
Speaker 6: I guess my DVR is still set to record it.
Speaker 7: And there it is, it.
Speaker 6: Says in Cis Sydney record like three episodes recorded.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, if you hate it, why are they get in the second season? It is bad, so bad, And I believe your reviews on shows. I think our taste except for the reality part. I think we like a lot of the same stuff. You hated this show. But they don't usually bring shows back there are bad or not rated.
Speaker 6: Well, oh, I don't know how it's rated. Well, it is so awful. That acting is terrible. The storylines are terrible. It is brutally bad.
Speaker 2: I notice they don't want advertise it to promote season two. They heard of this anonymous sin by anonymous sin bar.
Speaker 7: Here's a question to.
Speaker 2: Be Hello, Bobby Bones. I have a problem with my husband's meat, specifically the one he grills every weekend. He loves to grill Burger's hot dogs, but he his chicken, you name it. The problem is he's a terrible griller, but he insists on doing it and won't let us make anything else for dinner on these nights because quote I got it covered, it's either burnt or flavorless. But the last straw was a piece of meat he gave me that was completely undercooked. He takes pride in his grilling, loves to do it, but I can't stomach it. How do I tell him without hurting his feelings or worse, make him feel like less of a man? Sign wife of a grill amateur. I do not get offended when my wife says this wasn't done right. I grill. If we grill eighty percent of the time, I'll handle all the grilling. I'm not great at it. I've gotten a little better at it because she's very She's vocal about what's good, what's not, what's overcooked, undercooked. I've also learned you have to clean the griller. It burns quickly. Yeah, I've burned the crap out of some meat, and I'm like, I don't know why. She's like, did you clean? Oh? Science. So I'm not someone that will be affected by this because I know I'm not good at it. It sounds like he thinks he is good at it. Now, Edie, you're a great griller. I will say it. I am the grilled king. You are the best griller that I know. What advice would you give her into making him better? Because he's not gonna take the criticism right, So how can what can she do to allow him to be better overall as a father, as a man, and a load of questions.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think it's important that he still feels like he's the grill king, So I think deflating that feeling is bad.
Speaker 2: So take his dish if it's undercooked, throwing in the microwave when he goes to the restroom or something. My wife will have a pan ready and warm to put it on in case I mess it up, Like we're get ready to go. She has it on the stove so she can take the stake and if she needs to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then get your favorite little spices, you're seasoning whatever, put something better on.
Speaker 2: What if he sees that not the spices, but it's super offended by that. Yeah, Like, how do you get him better? What if you get him like a little online course, like, hey, could I just take those classes? I forget what they were called? Class? Yeah, master class. I got your masterclass and grilling because I know you've gotten pretty good at this, but I think you can go next level, like your competitions, Like you can build them up and see the potential in him and go like, hey, you're getting pretty good at this.
Speaker 4: And then he enters the competition and loses, and that's how you realizes.
Speaker 2: He's not good. So he didn't go same place I went. He never actually entered the competition, but he does take the class. I think you have two ways to do it. You have you have to build him up to the point where he wants to get better. Yeah that's funny. Or you just have to say it's not good and deal with how uncomfortable it is that's not good. I know, but that's what that's the only two options, or you're just gonna sit here and eventually get like some kind of undercook meat worm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, the master class is good that way, he just learns to be better.
Speaker 2: An I learned magic. I'm a masterclass you did? Uh huh? Yeah. I watched Pentateller do one. When I was just dating my wife.
Speaker 3: She walked in, you did a dating master class.
Speaker 2: No, when I was dating her, she walked in and I was taking a magic one and she was like, who am I dating?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 2: That was later. That was later. But I had like a cup and like a paper wade and I was like learning how to make it disappear. And she's like, what are you doing? And I was like magic and I was like proud of it, and she was like, oh god. So but the master classes are really good. That's cool. So do something. Get him some really good girl tools. You go like, build him. So I'm gonna say build him up because it doesn't feel like he wants to be taken down. Build him up like crazy. And as you build him up, encourage him to watch some extra stuff to do to learn even more tricks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what would you do with your kid?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: You wouldn't slam what they're trying to do. It's really excited about a hobby and into it.
Speaker 3: You would try to, Yeah, do this, build them up? I love it.
Speaker 2: That's the only way unless you just want it, unless you just want to like you suck. But the he's never gonna grow again. Right. This is Meg from Wichita.
Speaker 6: Hey, I was just calling.
Speaker 5: I wanted to tell you guys a funny story.
Speaker 3: My son, who was four years old, got a.
Speaker 5: Car today after school and started seeing a melody of When I Grow Up And I.
Speaker 2: Listened to him singing it for a while and I was like, ah, that's Bobby and Eddie's song When I Grow.
Speaker 5: Up anyways, still.
Speaker 2: Inspiring kids to do whatever they want to do when they grow up. So thank you for those that are new to the show. Eddie and I we have a comedy duo called The Raging Idiots. We did a kids record called The Raging k Idiots, and there was a song that we did called when I Grow Up, I Want You.
Speaker 1: I Can be.
Speaker 2: When I go Man. That song single handle It changed lives of tens of.
Speaker 5: It's oh yeah, yeah, yeah, tens of maybe eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah it's still if you want to, you know, stream it raging idiots and you can look up when I grow up, and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: The Planet songs on that album, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Kind of walked a line. Even the adult ones are kind of dope. You know.
Speaker 3: I need to listen to that one. I feel like it could help me with easy trivia.
Speaker 2: The Planet song, Yes it does. Pile of stories.
Speaker 4: Scientists may have found an elixir that is the fountain of youth and it's pond scum.
Speaker 2: Then then tell me something I unbelief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a colorless compound. It's found in micro algae, and it could have amazing anti aging properties.
Speaker 2: They tell those words. Okay, but punscum when you say that, I don't know that. If you said algae and microscopic and be like, oh, I'm listening.
Speaker 4: They tested it on tiny worms and found that it helped them live longer and resist like oxidative stress, and it even showed protection against Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: All that I believe. It's just when you lead with pun scum, I'm like, no chance. I'm sure there are all these micro organisms, all these biological ABCD that we have no idea that exists that are right around us that are going to be able to fix a lot of things that hopefully we get very lucky and think it's for something, we learn it for something else. That's all most of the good medicine happens anyway. But I'm sure it's all around us. We just have to find it. But one's come. I'm gonna pass on. But microsopokes whatever you said, I'm in for micro algae. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the exact time of day to eat dinner is in and experts are saying it's definitely.
Speaker 3: Between five Yeah, I mean you're you're in the wheelhouse. There's a two hour window.
Speaker 2: Oh already, I way earlier than that. I was just going late because I hit around four forty five fifteen. I wake up even earlier than you do. That's crazy. So I have to have to eat go ahead.
Speaker 4: If you want to align with your body's natural circadian rhythm, you need to be eating dinner between five pm and seven pm.
Speaker 2: That's too big a block. That's like going you when it's dark.
Speaker 4: No, because everybody's that's like a good window for everybody to me.
Speaker 3: But it's just like seven pms, you're cut off.
Speaker 4: If you want to improve your sleep and aid in digestion and stay on track eat.
Speaker 2: Your ponds come between five and seven. But also that windows a little too large, Like give me a time and my natural body. I'd probably dinner at eight thirty pm because I would go to bed at four am, my natural body clock, and then wake up around noon. God, that'd be the life that sounds perfect to me. Someday, Man, go to bed at four am, wake up at noon? Are you kidding? My body is just like please, yeah, yeah, go ahead. Okay.
Speaker 4: If I know we're a weekend too. October, but have you heard of sober October?
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I'm in it. I'm in it right now. I'm sober and up.
Speaker 4: Well it's happening right now. It's not too late to join in. And it's all in honor of breast cancer awareness. And now, whether or not you're gonna drink or not, if you are a woman or you know a woman in your life, if she could go get a screening, encourage her to do it, because that's what this is all about. Because early detection is everything for women. And I recently sat down with Amy Roeboch and she was talking about her journey and you know when she was on Good Morning America.
Speaker 2: That's how I recognize the name. I don't know that was the first year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure, Yeah, yes, it Amy and TJ.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they were really doing it. I don't think they was overknocked over.
Speaker 4: Wow Okay, so ay, well now she said she's in a really great place in her life and she's loving it and she's grateful to be alive. But she was doing it as part of a live segment, like they were bringing it in for breast cancer awareness and.
Speaker 2: That's where they found that she had a tumor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she was one of the anchors and it's like, hey, we need you to do this, and she said she was a little hesitant doing it on air. And she went and sat down with Robin Roberts and said, hey, Robin, like should I be doing this? And Robin said, look, if you can bring awareness and one other person goes to get tested because you got tested, you.
Speaker 3: Got a mammogram live on TV.
Speaker 4: Uh And little did she know that they found breast cancer. She got a phone call after they did all the looked at her results and she had breast cancer and got a double mistectomy and did key and all that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if a doctor while doing that on television would be like, oh, we got bad news here, or if they would just let it finish, the segment, finish, and then do it all afterward.
Speaker 4: They let it finish, because even as a person that's not doing it live on TV.
Speaker 3: When I go in for a mammogram, they.
Speaker 4: Don't say anything anything not in the room to alarm you, because I don't think they want to cause any They.
Speaker 2: Don't go like this is not natural, like there's a.
Speaker 4: Freak out that they will. They'll they'll say, go in the waiting room and we'll call you in. Then they call you in and give you a same day or they call you later.
Speaker 3: It just depends.
Speaker 4: Like I've had to go back in and get like an ultrasound same day, which was very nerve wracking because they thought they saw something and then you wait for the results. But yeah, I don't they try not to do anything to alarming right to your face in that moment.
Speaker 2: So our culture's priorities are off. We've known that forever. But the fact that I only know her for cooking up with TJ and then getting fired from the.
Speaker 3: Show when she's a brilliant journalist.
Speaker 2: No, not even that whenever she got breast cancer. I don't remember that. I don't know that at all. No, I do, and so what I do know? So is that first thing? And that's like that, that's that's so not important. We make jokes about it, like who cares make your own life decisions? Yeah, but the fact that that happened to her and I didn't even know it, that's crazy. Yeah, it's a good sort and I'm so I'm gonna stay sober for October then, yes, good job. If you have inspired men, do it. Yes, I'm gonna do sober November two. I bet you can do it.
Speaker 3: I'm hating. That's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of story. It's time for the good news. Ready.
Speaker 5: Seventeen year old Matthew Wilson is in his apartment with his mom and they're just hanging out there and the mom goes, what is that beeping sound? Do you hear like a beeping? So Matthew goes, let me go outside and check it out. He hears smoke alarmsoo poo going off. He smells smoke. He goes around the corner of the apartment complex. The whole apartment complex is on fire.
Speaker 2: So what does he do. He goes door to door, get out, there's a fire. Get out, there's a fire.
Speaker 5: He even goes to one unit it's loft, no one's answering, kicks the door down, get the apartment's on fire. He saved everyone in the apartment complex from getting burned or dined because the apartment was polly engulfed and they lost everything.
Speaker 2: The great job, kid, that's awesome. Let me tell you what I would have done. Number one, grabbed my PlayStation, on my dogs and tell my wife. And then once I got everything down, I've been like, let me go save something. He didn't do that this kid. Yes, I don't know why I said that. Yeah, I didn't even worry about his own crap. Like he just went and started knocking on doors. No.
Speaker 5: Oh, and I did forget he did go back to tell his mom. I made it seem like he just went and started knocking the door. See went back to tho his mom. First, mom, get out, Then he went door to door too.
Speaker 2: I'd love to kick it door in, Yeah, I'd love to kick it door in. I've never had a door to kick in. That'd be awesome. I feel like it's a little harder than we think. I don't know. I've been told by some law enforcement officers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you wear exactly to kick about right by the door, right by the handle.
Speaker 2: I'm not even telling you. I would think right by the handle, even tell him where the lock is. I'm not even telling you, but I would love to kick in the door. I don't need you kicking doors down.
Speaker 3: Our studio has like that swing door. You could kick it easy, just go kick it, but that'll give.
Speaker 2: You the thing. I want a door that's locked, like an apartment complex, like kick it in like we're doing roll boom, kick it in. I would love to do that. Just try it, you know, see what happens. That would be awesome. Good job, kid, save some people's lives. Matthew Wilson, didn't think about yourself first, thought about them. That is amazing. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. You're fully in character. Friday morning conversation with all Right, Luke, it's good to see a buddy. I haven't seen you in person in a few months.
Speaker 8: Have you been been a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you been doing, Like, what's your life been like the last few months?
Speaker 8: Well, I had the worst asthma, broncottas Nashville drought stuff. So I finally have started singing at the level that I enjoyed too. But it was a rough one.
Speaker 2: I don't know about allergies.
Speaker 8: I always have. I was the kid that you know, the mother I was drinking the pink stuff myxas So what was all that stuff? Yeah, I was just always snotty nosed. But and I had childhood asthma as a kid, and I'd never had it really come back and flare up until like the first of August to where it was. I had to move some shows and there's about three shows I probably should have moved. If you want to go look at those Instagram comments. You cannot really, Yeah, I have you address that be like I'm well, when when I'm having See the problem with my voice is when I sing it it has to it's all gotta work, like it's like everything's got to be working, and when it's not, it looks like I'm passing the kidney stone. So I don't really hide it, you know, And you can tell that I'm struggling. So in Chicago, I postponed desnoying in Oklahoma City to just try to get better and get better. And it was weird this thing. I would my talking voice would be good, but the more I sing, it was like my lungs would get mad, and then oh my gosh, I couldn't breathe, and I had Bailey was on the show, Tracy Lawrence and Chase Beckham. They came out and we made the most of it. But on a show like Wrigly, you don't want to get up there and feel bad. You want to have fun. So I thought about doing like a Wriggly redo and just going up there and maybe redoing it or something.
Speaker 2: But we'll see and spell redo with a w Wriggly wr redo wr redo. So and again you have to factor in this because as a fan of music yourself and you've been to tons of concerts, it's like, what's more annoying the artist canceling or the artist being a little bit sick, And probably it's more annoying with they cancel.
Speaker 8: It's awful because people, especially a town like Wrigly. I mean, it's one thing if you're playing like a standard Amphitheater in that people probably have bought the season tickets and all that. But you know a lot of people when they come to Wrigley, they probably come in on the Friday night destination for sure, grab a room, enjoy Chicago, And man, it's just a it's just a terrible scenario to get in the middle of. And then through all this, you don't know if you're kind of like maybe fighting little COVID strains and stuff like that. And I never had like fevers or where I was like I need to go get a COVID test, So it gets a little tricky. I've never had to move shows until the past two years. And god, I hate it because there's no there's You're always gonna really you're always going to really have people that are like, how could you do this to us? We've been waiting, we flew in from you know. But but no, but nothing is worse than being out there and not being able to sing.
Speaker 2: It's like having a terrible sore throat and you're second guessing everything you're doing because.
Speaker 8: I told somebody, I was like, I would rather tell avise of a sectomy than do that, right, Yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 2: Well you can sing with it a second. It may hurt. It may hurt on the high notes. What is your hardest song to sing? Anyway? Let's imagine you're not a roller coaster?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because it's is a high.
Speaker 8: It's the whole. It's when you start the chorus. But when my when everything's clicking, it's easy. But when it is not, it is Uh do the.
Speaker 2: Melody of the you have to sing at hardback. I can't. I can't get there. Hold on.
Speaker 8: I did not come and feeling would last long and warmed up you.
Speaker 2: Hey, your back right now? Not gone?
Speaker 8: If I can't hit that, see that I got a little.
Speaker 2: Made me want to do that. I'll do that for you.
Speaker 8: I did not kind of feeling would last long, longer than I mean. If it ain't clicking, you know, it's just h Yeah, we've had to skip roller Coaster a couple times.
Speaker 2: Well, I was reading, now you have thirty number one songs, and so you can actually not do some songs right.
Speaker 8: Well, we've gotten to where we move. We can move some stuff around, like if I get on the piano. One thing is when I'm having vocal trouble, the reason why I'm having it is I'm I'm like pushing above the band. So we've learned if I just get up there with my guitar piano and really like just settle down and sing a little softer, that helps. But when you saw when I just sang roller Coaster, I mean, when I'm a loud singer, it's not And I think, like now, Gary Lavaux, in my opinion, is one of the best singers of all time, but saying thing he has to like let it rip to make it happen?
Speaker 2: Can you take it? Can you change keys?
Speaker 8: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, that was the long time.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't think, you know, I don't. I think when I'm when I'm sixty five and I'm out there, it's probably not gonna be a bad idea to to change keys and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I watched Elton John change keys on about every song because again he's older now, right, and he'd be like, hold me closer, tiny dancer, because that's really all he could and it was still it worked. But you're also like, that's on John seventy and it's really hard.
Speaker 8: Oh me, oh, I mean, and it's a real deal. I think naturally yeah, I think you're gonna and they I've heard all these stories like the human voice, the male voice like hits full like maturity at like forty one to forty three. But then and I feel like when when I don't have, like I said, when I'm in a great non allergy situation. One thing too is I started playing a lot.
Speaker 2: Of golf, and that made it worse because I think that's not helping.
Speaker 3: What what's golf different than fishing and hunting?
Speaker 8: Well, because they're out there cutting grass and mowing.
Speaker 2: And you're on water when you're fishing, and allergies aren't terrible.
Speaker 8: Water well, but I'm allergic to fish, which we probably we've talked about before.
Speaker 2: It's a weird thing to love fishing and be allergic fish. Yeah, I am like a NFL player. I'm allergic to face if you.
Speaker 8: Them, if I touch them, Like so if I go fishing, I take an allegra. It's like all right, now I can go fish.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 8: But I mean I'm pretty I got bad allergies and I take you know, like I'm on singular every day all the So that's what sucks too, is the fans, Like I I want the fans to know like I'm not out like you know, raking a hay Barn and and you know when I got sick, when I start to feel it coming on, like I'm going to the doctor. We're talking thirty minutes a day. When you do all that and you load up on premison and all the antibotics and you still suck, You're like, I hate my life.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you about music. You have Mind of a country Boy, just came out the full album and you're obviously still writing. How often are you writing now?
Speaker 8: I would say I'm writing three four songs a month.
Speaker 2: Once a week. Possibly you couldn't.
Speaker 8: Say that much. I mean I would say, uh, I tell you what I am doing. I'm constantly logging ideas and I'm constantly waking up at night and like typing in ideas. I have tons of ideas, and I'm just kind of I wait for those ideas to meet the right co writer. And I think I want to start doing some uh maybe some songwriter retreats and really knock out a lot more. But I enjoy like when I sit down and write one of mine, it's like God, it's probably gonna be me again. Like I love to hear like the song Closing Time in California, Like, that's such a different approach on this album. And I just like kind of trying new stuff out too, And I think some of the younger writers can really make that happen.
Speaker 2: You didn't write that, but you found it and you were drawing. Why's it feels a bit different.
Speaker 8: It's just a different approach and it's kind of got that. Uh yeah, it's just like a fresher approach than maybe something that I've always done historically. And using the falsetto was something that I've never really done a lot in any of my albums prior.
Speaker 2: And do you feel weird recording that when you don't do it often? Are you? Like? How do I sound?
Speaker 8: What's funny is I typically do pretty well singing falsetto. I mean it's like I've been tried. Well now, oh my god, I can't do any of this now. But you know, I think, you know, my main thing is is this something I can I can make happen live? You know? And and you don't ever wanna, Like I said, I don't want to get out there and start adding, you know, gain vocals and all that stuff. I mean I don't know who does that, but I've I've never done that, and uh so, and I still want to. I still want to grow as a singer and a guitar player and a piano player, but uh, this one kind of will push me to kind of stay on the game.
Speaker 2: About to have another number one. Love You Miss You Mean It? Why why'd you pick that song?
Speaker 8: You know, love you Miss You Mean? It's one of those titles You're like, why is that? And I've been written and uh, the first time I heard it, it was just that perfect amount of like something that I felt like it was a song kind of tailor made for me. And you hear that story, I means I think Caroline and I are our college relationship. We dated a little in college, kind of got away each from each other for quite a few years, and then got back together. And that's kind of mirrors what's going on. And I think a lot of people out there have had that deal where they kind of go their separate ways after high school or college and get back together. And it feels like a pretty relatable song.
Speaker 2: So, well, congratulations on everything. You're back on idle. Have you guys started recording taping yet?
Speaker 8: We'll start very soon, like in the next couple at that time. But you know, auditions are typically October is like my hell month. It's like where the kids are like, yeah, Dad, we'll see you, We'll see you here in a little while, so.
Speaker 2: Which I'm meaning what like that you're gone, and so they're like see any other side.
Speaker 8: Well, historically I have always been maintained being a full speed tour through October, and this year I took Friday nights off in October, so I'm kind of I'm kind of joking a little bit. I'm gonna be home on Friday nights for for Bow's football, and then I'm doing a makeup some makeup shows. But then October's pretty chill, other than what I would used to do is four days of auditions from like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or three days and then go straight to a Thursday tour and then leave Saturday back to auditions. So it used to get pretty Uh, October used to get pretty hairy.
Speaker 2: How early did you know they were talking to carry about coming on the show.
Speaker 8: Well, there were a lot of names getting thrown around. Her name was always in the mix. I think it's probably you could google the names that were talked about from Megan Trainer and maybe like Miley and some other peace and so we were hearing all of the names that were circulating. And so then they said, well Carrie signed on, and and I had seen Carrie at the Toby Keith tribute and I was like, what's up there, you know, coworker or whatever. I guess that's how you say it, but.
Speaker 2: Or co judge.
Speaker 8: And she's like, yeah, I'm announcing on Wednesday. So we were kind of keeping it quiet.
Speaker 2: That's like a Carrie and Kelly would have been the A plus best absolute ones to get those have been the two best. I don't hit it, I don't hit a home run. Carrie and Kelly Clarkson would have been the two ape.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: When you look at Carrie's ability to relate with the kids, it'll be uh. I mean obviously me and Lionel we relate as best we can, but I mean Carrie will do great in that role. And the fact that Carrie has always really come back and uplifted the show. She never was like, well the show did this, and you know, she's always like this show is why, you know. So she's been a champion with that, and I mean I remember like her first time back when I was a judge. I was like, thank you for coming back and singing your new single. She was like, shut up, what are you talking about? Of course I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She never ran from it to be like I'm bigger than that or I'm better than that.
Speaker 8: No shit, it's very in my story. Yeah, it's very, very important that she's done that. Great to see you, I love you, I love you. Luke's got a record out called Mind of a Country Boy. I Love You, Miss you mean it about to be number one. He's back on Idol. He's going to do some makeup shows all over. October is a very time. I'm gonna yell at history.
Speaker 2: Historically. I look. Good to see you, Buddy, Good to see you, Brian, Thank you.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good news, Bobby.
Speaker 2: When you graduate college, for the most part, you're how old.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd say you're probably about twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, twenty two, maybe twenty three. So Cam McCormick's twenty six years old. He's still playing football for the Miami Hurricanes.
Speaker 3: Did he start college league?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, it's his ninth season. What so you only get four seasons. Those are your four years of eligibility. Now you can red shirt that's five. That's one. That's only one time though, right, you can red shirt one time. Everybody got an extra COVID year. That's six. Dan he's been medically red shirted seven eight. He's in his ninth year, so he's had two medical red shirts. Who's been injured different than a regular red shirt, a red shirt year, the COVID year, and now he says senior year. He's been playing college. Well, not only that he has his bachelors, but also his master's. Yeah, we were nine years like he should be doctor, right, but no, he's still playing football and he wants to go play at the next level. He said, listen, if you're most likely, if you're going to play in the NFL, he could have probably already jumped out if they were going to draft him, and they haven't. But he said, if he doesn't make it pro, he knows that he's loved playing at Miami and he'll use all those college degrees to fall back on. Nine years. That's a long time to have a job. Yeah, much, let's be in school. I wonder if be sick of college though, like college have fun, but done with all. It had like three hours now at this point. Anyway, I like that he's committed. He's staying in Camiccormick, That's what it's all about.
Speaker 7: That was telling me something good like that.
Speaker 2: Rascal Flat said this yesterday on the show. That was kind of blown away. So they're coming up in just a second. By the way, tickets on sale today ten am Eastern, nine Central for their Life as a Highway tour. Just go to Rascal Flats dot com. But what they said they kind of shook me. That's coming up in a second. But first let's go to Amy and do the Morning Corny.
Speaker 8: The Morning Corny.
Speaker 3: Why was the zombie so good? It took her treating?
Speaker 2: Why dead?
Speaker 3: Dication dead?
Speaker 2: That was the Morning Corny. I guess it could have been anything. I don't know, anything like college. Why is the zombie be the CEO of his company?
Speaker 3: Because education?
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Racal Flats did you miss it?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Wow? What's your miss? Well? I means I miss playing music.
Speaker 9: I miss some of my most favorite memories in my life my adult life is being on stage with these guys. So yes, when it was yanked away, from us in twenty twenty pandemic hit and everybody was kind of at a loss. Not to be able to put a proper exclamation point on our career really hurt. And so, you know, I've said it my entire life. Gary's one of the best singers I've ever heard, and it's really sucks not to be standing next to that every night. So I think it was a perfect opportunity for us to go out and celebrate twenty five wonderful years together. And this is the first time the three of us have been together in the same room in five years.
Speaker 2: Wait, so together at the same time.
Speaker 10: No, Gary wasn't there actually classics kicking things a right perfectly classic area. Yeah, yeah, he couldn't make it, But working through musically is really what we need to do and hire those new band guys and it worked out great, But uh it, I mean, I've got a lot of cobwebs in these hands.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a while.
Speaker 10: I've kind of gotten away from music for you know, a lot of different reasons. But I'm back and I'm definitely trying to practice as much as i can at the house. And my son Jagger is sixteen. He's eaten alive with music, and he's actually gotten me back into you know, jamming with him, which has been fabulous.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna blow your minds. Ready, Ready. Generally PG thirteen movies are allowed to use the F word once, only if it's used in anger, and only if it doesn't refer sex. Okay, so you can say the F word one time in a PG thirteen movie as long as it meets a certain requirements. Okay, that's weird that there was certain words that went different ways in different times.
Speaker 4: But yeah, because the anger is very different than the other way, and so is the sex way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: No, but those two can't be used anger or sex. That would be like, I guess we're just blanket having a good time. It has to be used like that. That's mine, Good Amy, what do you have?
Speaker 4: So earlier this week, you know when I told y'all cows have best friends and y'all didn't believe me.
Speaker 2: It's not that we didn't believe you. It was just a weird thing to say, and then we were like what okay, the we didn't fight it, but okay, well.
Speaker 3: Now I have the facts.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Cows are surprisingly social animals, and they form close bonds with certain members of their herd, and research has shown that cows have quote best friends and can get stressed when they are separated from them.
Speaker 2: I love that boom. They have buddies out Yes, cows have buddies. That's interesting. But don't all dog even dogs. Like when we take our dogs Stanley and Eller two, if we're gonna put them up for the day, I like, there's somebody's doing work at the house. We're would take them to the dog place. They'll always stay together, aren't they best friends? Like we see like the cows.
Speaker 5: They have hundreds of cows out there, and they find their one buddy to hang out with.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm not I feel you. I like that. I like that. Hey good for cows and we eat them. We're like we love cows. Eat it lunchbox. Before a funeral, you go to the wake. It's where you it's like a visitation.
Speaker 7: But you know where the term weight comes from.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, they didn't bury the dead right away because they left them in their house, laid them there to see if they'd wake up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, So that means somebody had to wake up at least once for this thing to even for sure, like somebody had to.
Speaker 3: Be like, what the crap Lazarus.
Speaker 2: Yes, in order for that to happen, that had to happen once.
Speaker 3: Oh that is crazy.
Speaker 2: So do we still do that in hopes that they do wake up?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I think now it's just.
Speaker 6: What it's just the term there for two to three days to see if they would have wake up.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. That's weird, Eddie.
Speaker 5: You know the little pocket, the not the main pocket in your jeans, but the little little pocket that was originally made for pocket watches and that cool, but they just kept it because I mean, why not the.
Speaker 2: Little pockets that I have the mine are too small in front pocket watch because pocket watches I would see it to be like those big ones. What do you ever use the little pocket?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: If I do, I'm like, I can't find my quarter, It's not in my pocket anywhere. And then I'm like, oh is in that stupid little pocket? Up put in their backcident and you're like, why is that pocket there? Well, let's pro pocket watchet watch it. I didn't get a pocket watch.
Speaker 4: Then, Morgan, all right, so your ear is super fragile it only takes about an average of seven pounds of forest to rip your ear off.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, let's not try that. Yeah, I see that in some of those spy movies. But they talk about that like you could rip somebody's you're off with a good tug down. I think slow Horses the show we've been watching, I think they bring up how easy to rip your off? It's a good show there too. Okay, spin the wheel. Somebody's gonna do it. Spind the wheel. Martha Stewart once stayed at Anthony Hopkins, but she broke up with him because she couldn't stop associating him with Hannibal Lecter. He didn't do anything wrong, he's just animal. And then, finally, the reason baseball and basketball teams were dark jerseys for road games is because originally they didn't have access to washing machines. So you're on the road, you wear dark so dirt or stains can't be seen. How fun is that? That's pretty good? I like that. I like that. Yeah. There's a voicemail from Katrina in Wichita, Kansas.
Speaker 5: I was just curious what I should do.
Speaker 8: My husband and I went out to dinner and the waiters completely.
Speaker 4: Forgot about us, never brought us any water.
Speaker 2: Or civilware for over ten minutes.
Speaker 4: They never offered us the discount, and I didn't ask for one.
Speaker 3: Either, because I wasn't sure what I should do the.
Speaker 2: Next time of this happened. Should I ask for a discount or what do I do? That stinks when they forget about you after a few minutes. I would just be like, hey, because sometimes that happens. Again. I did work in the service industry as a bus boy ana waiter. That's terrible, and yes, that's service. That's bad service for just a second, give them the benefit of the doubt that they're super busy or something's going on in the life that's got them distracted. But if the attitude is not good once that happens, and the service continues to be bad, I think then that can be reflected. I don't know if this is discount worthy to go like do I get a discount? But I think you can then tip based on how you feel your overall satisfaction is with the service you got. So man, there were times where people would seat somebody in my section and not tell me, so I'm just gonna tell you. As wait, they would see something in my section not tell me. They would get ignored. It wasn't my fault. It's because the hostess.
Speaker 3: I definitely, yeah, sometimes it happened.
Speaker 2: She would get she I mean I didn't work together, but she was the hostess. But Amy would get so busy that sometimes she would forget to tell me, so they'd just be forgotten about. But don't you guys have zones like we Yeah, but it doesn't mean And sometimes you'll have a table like it's not in your zone, and for some reason, I'd use one of your tables for something else.
Speaker 4: Right, Like right when you're like this is what would happen to me, it'd be like, oh, I'm going to section twenty three because that's my next section to seat. And as we're walking to section twenty three, the people I'm seating are like.
Speaker 3: Oh, hey, is that table right there available?
Speaker 4: And then you tried to be accommodating the customer and that's section sixteen.
Speaker 2: You have to give that to it.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, oh, you said them down.
Speaker 4: And then you get back to your host's stand and there's another family already there and they're waiting to get seated. And then yeah, next thing you know, you forget to tell server at section sixteen they have someone's sitting there, makes.
Speaker 2: Sense, And sometimes it's not even the server of section sixteen because it's not there. So let's say I'm the next person to get a table and they don't. They're like, no, we want this table instead. I'll still get the table that's not on my section, but it's on the other side because I was do that table. Oh that's confusing. Yeah, so it's I don't know that this happened. But give them the benefit of the doubt. You can ask anybody that works so, hey, so I we sit down, we don't needy waters or anything. He has that cool. If their attitude is like, oh sorry, and then they're now giving good service, give them the benefit of the doubt. Show them grace because you would want grace and whatever the situation is in your life that is similar to this. But service is bad the rest of the time, then I think you can reflect that in your tip, or.
Speaker 6: You can say, can I speak to the manager and the manager come serve back. I don't understand how I was here for over ten minutes with no silverware and no water.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. If the attitude is bad. How you're going to say it, That's exactly how he said that, you know.
Speaker 3: It, So I understand how. And it's like, well, I can tell you how.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it happens generally in life, and I try to do this. I'm not perfect at it, but when something happens that is for me not advantageous to the execution of my day, slows me down, upsets me. I really try to go. I wonder why this was happening to me and what was going on with the person doing it, because I'm sure I've done it, even at times I didn't even know where. I've done the same thing to people in different ways and I didn't know, and luckily they showed me grace. And sometimes they have a bad attitude. It's different. Somebody cuts in line, I want to kill them. I want to chop their head off with the day you just got into life. Line cutters. Like we were in Vegas for ir Festival and there's this long line because there's the coffee line. Oh yeah, is really long, and there's these two there's a couple and like their friend comes up and just gets in line with them. After we've been in line for like ten minutes. Now, I've had no sleep, I'm grumpy. That's not a grace given you're a freaking loser, dude, don't why did you do that? Now? I didn't feel like confrontation say anything. I didn't because there were a lot of people around me who had said hi to me, who listened to the show, and I don't want to ge out here. Go and get people grace. Also, I'm a screaming match with some lady. That's a good point. That was it. I hate a line cutter. I'll put you in prison a week. A week in jail. You cut line. That's so disrespectful. But try to give try to give grace because you want it as well. We have a similar thing with Eddie coming up in a second. Okay, what is this crap? This segment that Eddie came up with, Go what is this crap?
Speaker 5: We went to a restaurant and we ate, and at the end we get our bill. I look at the bill and it's got all the food charged up and an extra twenty percent charge and it was called an employee wellness charge. And under that was the tip line, Like, what you're gonna do? A twenty percent employment wellness charge and then expect us to tip on top of that.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm such an advocate of like, yeah, tipping and being conscious of out the people's needs.
Speaker 5: But that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Have you ever heard of an employment You get a therapy?
Speaker 2: No, you get there? That's all I like? Play wellness. Yeah, that's about the only place I'm trying to like tips for my wellness. Right. That's weird because the tip, if that was the tip, I go, okay, that's what they've that's what they've labeled their tip, and they're building it in and you know that now that that's what they do. But that's bizarre that they add twenty percent and it doesn't say tip. They probably just most people, it's just snuck on there.
Speaker 5: Is that just the restaurant trying to make a little extra money here?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it, but I would say, yeah, that feels wet. What kind of place?
Speaker 4: Why don't they just like increase their dishes by a certain amount all the dishes.
Speaker 2: Well, you're speaking with logic now.
Speaker 6: But I also think that probably is the tip, and they're just trying to sneak in extra money for their servers.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, no, it wants you to fall for the trick, like.
Speaker 6: Oh, I agree, Now I need a tip on top of that, so then you're tipping really forty percent.
Speaker 2: But I would say that was that's the restaurant doing that for the tip. I would say that's them trying to spike the tip. And I think most people wouldn't even see that charge and then tip on top of that. I don't play well as charge is a man of toy fee added to a bill to cover employee health and wellness costs well.
Speaker 3: Restaurants so like their health.
Speaker 2: Just then just mark up the food, you know, just mark up the food. That would be like, uh, would you are twenty percent for lights and power and you're like what, well, you know we have to power and put lights in a restaurant, so we need you to do a.
Speaker 4: Utility tip, right, we don't need to itemize that.
Speaker 2: No, we don't need that thing. Yeah no, outside, No, that's that's dumb, dude. That sounds crazy.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Did you tip outside of that? Well?
Speaker 5: I felt like like that's what I said, Like I felt like it was the company or the restaurant owners trying to make more money. So I'm not going to take this out of the server, So I tipped on top of it. But I didn't feel good doing that, And.
Speaker 2: You also conld choose not to go back, or you also could ask a question about it. But yeah, they should bake that in with the food. I'm reading about these health and wellness charges, and you said it was twenty restaurants. A lot of them do three percent on checks and it goes to health care benefits. But still they could make that into the costs and you wouldn't know. But that's bizarre.
Speaker 6: Why do we have to pay for their health care benefits? Well, it's getting insane. Well with their bills paid the benefits health care benefits.
Speaker 2: Yes, me. Here's here's the thing. Anything you buy, it's just not labeled, is that. But anything you buy is money that goes back to that company and they decide what to do with it, and if they have to pay for health care benefits, that money goes there. So you are paying people's health care benefits. It's just where they label it out separately like this. Yeah, hey, dude, what is this crap? I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're just like.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 5: You're right, though, What are we gonna see next electricity bill, water bill, air conditioner.
Speaker 2: Bill, trash pick up on Tuesdays? We need we need our eight percent. Wake up, Wake up in the.
Speaker 11: Radio archbox, Morgan, it's trying to put you through fack. He's running this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this is, the Bobby ball.
Speaker 2: Easy Trivia. The category is famous balls balls? Yeah? What ball is used in America's most popular sport, known for its distinctive oval shape. Yeah, that's a football, correct. Eddie's our champion's roe the tiara Morgan? What small white ball is hit with clubs and one of the world's most popular outdoor sports, golf golf ball? Is correct?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Moving over to Abbey, Abby, What black and white checkered ball is used in the world's most popular sport. It's also kicked into goals SoC soccer ball is correct? She looks so confused and lunchbox. Easy trivia. What round orange ball is dribbled and shot into a hoop basketball? Basketball? Correct? As you can see, it's very easy. It's why it's called easy trivia. Amy's not playing She's been eliminated, sadly. Yes, yes, scores Eddie three lunchbocks to everybody else zero. If you miss a question, you hear this sound you've been ready ready. Famous actors is the category Eddie What? Former w w E wrestler turned action star, has known for roles in Fast and the Furious in Molana. Oh, that's the Rock, correct, Dwayne John said? Correct? Morgan What? Actor became famous for his role as Wolverine in the X Men series, a character he's played for nearly twenty years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, hold on, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh don't you know a murderer? Oh yeah, you Jackman? Sorry, don't you know? That's correct? Abby What? Comedic actor rose to fame on Saturday Night Live and has since starred in films like Anchorman and Elf.
Speaker 3: Oh, Will Ferrell?
Speaker 2: Correct? And finally lunchbox What? Actor wont An Oscar for his role in Dallas Buyer's Club, and it's known for his all right, all right, all right catch phrase Matthew McConaughey, that's correct, good job. The category now is famous glasses wearers Eddie What. Musician is known as the lead singer of Weezer and often wears his thick black glasses on stage. Rivers Cuomo, Correct Morgan, what nerdy suspenders wearing character from the nineties is in a sitcom? It is known for his high pitched voice, clumsiness, and oversized glasses.
Speaker 7: I do that, guys?
Speaker 2: A Steve verrcle correct? Abby? What legendary music legend wore round glasses and is known for hits like Imagine All the People? John Lennon Correct whoa, Oh my gosh, I had no idea Lunchbox. What fictional boy wizard is instantly recognizable by his round glasses and lightning shaped scar.
Speaker 7: Harry Potter correct?
Speaker 2: Oh who else? That's the category? Second grade science, Eddie? What part of the plant holds it in the ground and absorbs water? That's the root? Correct Morgan. What do you call animals that are active at night nocturnal? Correct? Abby? What do you call an animal that only eats plants.
Speaker 3: Herbivore?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Lunchbox. What did fish used to breathe underwater?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 7: Those are the gills?
Speaker 2: Correct? All fours? That would take a break. Let's go last song. We'll come back on the other side of this break, All right, back at it. The category is American history, Eddie? And what year do the US celebrate it's two hundredth birthday. What in what year did the US celebrate It's two hundred birthday also known as the Bisonennial. Here, I don't know this year. This is this dumb year is going to get me every time? Twenty two what I don't know, dude, I don't even know when we were. I don't know when the declaration was signed. So nineteen seventy six the answer, Eddie has been eliminated. They're gonna get me every time.
Speaker 7: Wow, I was impressed you fifty year we haven't even had yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like yet, Morgan, where did the Boston tea party take place?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: This is a drink question in Boston, Massachusetts? Correct? Abby, The Watergate scandal involved what US president?
Speaker 3: Okay, that is water gate.
Speaker 2: The Watergate scandal involved what US president scandal?
Speaker 3: Watergate scandal? Hold on one second? More than five seconds?
Speaker 2: His name is, we're just walking about you've been boo. When she sees the clock, she can't from she had way more than five seconds. Richard Nixon, I love what use our guy? Now?
Speaker 6: She she started telling those fingers.
Speaker 7: She's like, no, no, don't do that to me.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox, which famous founding father was also a scientist and made major contributions to the field of physics through his study of electricity.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's a founding father.
Speaker 2: Which famous founding father was a scientist and made contributions to the field of physics through his study of electricity.
Speaker 6: He made light bulb. Thomas Edison, You idiot, you've been my day.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Franklin, Morgan, you're the only one the last day. You're the one. Morgan. I think it's the first tribute. What what what do you mean, Benjamin Franklin. He did the kite. Yeah, the kite got struck by lightning. Do you remember the song Ray?
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox has a question about some male here in our building. We all get mail. It goes into like a little box over there. What is your question?
Speaker 6: Is it illegal to open mail? If someone doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Here anymore, it's illegal to open mail. It's not yours here because there.
Speaker 6: Is a box that's been sitting in there for maybe a month, three weeks. Person's name is no longer with this company. We wish them well in their future endeavors.
Speaker 2: Why do you want to open their box though? Do you know what's in the box? I don't know what's in the box.
Speaker 6: Why do you care about what's in the box because it's never going to get to that person because they have no way to get that box.
Speaker 2: So that box is gonna sit there forever. What if you like DM the person and go, hey, you have a box here, I'm not going down that road. Why not?
Speaker 3: You'll be ridiculous.
Speaker 7: That would be awkward.
Speaker 2: So if we don't get the box to him, I didn't say him, I said them, we.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 2: I know, we don't know. We don't know. Okay, but you want to open this box. I think it's illegal to open mail that's not yours. It is just generally speaking work.
Speaker 5: Though you're talking about mailboxes, and then out in the world at work.
Speaker 2: Anywhere, it's just on a table.
Speaker 7: It's not even in a.
Speaker 2: Mailbox because they're because.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I understand walking down the street open someone in's mailbox.
Speaker 12: That's a federal offense. That's different. I mean, not yet, not yet, just on that point. Okay, here it is sitting on a table. It's not even in a mailbox. Well, we don't have mailboxes that are big enough. I just don't know what to do, know what's telling you.
Speaker 2: But what's wrong with just opening the box? He was in there? It's legal, Okay, listen to this, who hold on? It's legal for an employer to open personal mail addressed to a former employee at the organization's address if it's delivered to the organization. However, get the box. However, employers should be aware of common law privacy claims that could be made against them, such as intrusion upon seclusion or public disclosure of a private fact. You don't want to mess with that. So if you open it and it's something private they didn't want to be seen, you could be in trouble. Right. But if it's like promotional gear, what do you think it is? I don't know what. You don't know who it's from? Did I thought maybe you look Jack Daniels or something? No?
Speaker 7: I just who was from?
Speaker 6: I just saw to this person and I was like, oh this.
Speaker 2: Person, ohpen the box. I'm not the employer, though, the company has to say that. You guys think I pay you? Who can we call? They're gonna say, no, what do you think? You just said it right there? It's illegal to do it. And now we're on our radio show that everyone can hear and see right.
Speaker 13: I think now if we open the box, it's gonna be on social Nobody knows who it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we have an idea.
Speaker 7: Who about you know?
Speaker 2: You know who it is? I know it is. I was thinking broken broken foot guy, he didn't get mail down here. God, there's a lot of mail that's been sitting there for years. I don't want to do all of it right.
Speaker 13: We should, yeah, but but not on the show. Great, So what's the answer officially? Officially, the answer is we should leave it alone? Hey did quote? He did a finger?
Speaker 2: Quote? No he didn't, winking. Okay, we can't open somebody else's mail. Dang, we can't open somebody else's moth. I kind of want to know what's in there too, now, but we can't open somebody else's mill. What do you hope to be in there? What will be the best guest case scenario? I mean, like a liquor free cruise in the box. How does that put a whole boat in there, like a plastic boat.
Speaker 6: Like maybe they send them a promotional boat, say hey.
Speaker 7: You're going on this cruise.
Speaker 2: My official statement is we cannot open that box, and I'm going to stand by that official statement. What you doing your personal times up to you? Oh no, no my statement of opening the box. No opening the box officially. But I can't always see where you are. Oh good, that's all I think. Bobby Bone Show today.
Speaker 7: This story comes us from New Jersey.
Speaker 6: We all love Facebook, post your kids, post your meals.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Facebook guy. Just for the record, I don't all love Facebook.
Speaker 7: Not you don't love it at all?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm on it once.
Speaker 3: I like Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't want to be known as the group that loves Facebook. Once a week maybe I look on it.
Speaker 6: I do love events to Okay, Well, this guy thirty five year old decided he loves Facebook. He might as well show off his new gun.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 7: The only problem is he has previous charges. So he posts this new gun.
Speaker 2: But that's the kind of people on Facebook. I would say. There's not a lot of those on Instagram. There's more of those on Facebook. Would you guys agree with that? Yeah, the I'm gonna show my new gun crowd. But I shouldn't have a gun crowd.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So police raided his house. They found rifles, handguns, dozens of knives, ninja Stars, Brass knuckles Man, and one hundred and twenty nine fully loaded illegal magazines full of bullets?
Speaker 2: Was he selling?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Was he a gun's deal a dealer? Like? Why you'd have all that and not be like profiting a bounty hunter? I don't know, but an illegal bounty hunter? You gotta have a license to do that?
Speaker 9: Was that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that really? Yeah, I'm almost positive you have to have a license to be a I don't know if bounty hunter is a real word anymore, like dog dog was a bounty hunt. Yeah, I think you need to be licensed to do that. Maybe I'm thinking about driving a car, but either way, I know you need a license or something.
Speaker 7: I'm lunchbox. That's your Bonehead story of the Day.
Speaker 2: We're talking about bounty hunters earlier in the Bonehead, and I was like, how do you get to be a bounty hunter? Some states no license needed. You just go and bounty hunt people. That's awesome, that's crazy. You can just go I'm a bounty hunter. I'm looking for criminals. I'm on the way. To date, twenty two states require bounty hunters to be licensed. How many states are there? Fifty? So a majority does not require so.
Speaker 6: Something random do with it, just whatever can arm himself and go start arresting people.
Speaker 2: You do it without arms, but you're looking for a reward, right like you look first, Yeah, I mean, you're not just doing it for a hobby. I mean, I guess you could. But some states, including California, have specific statutes and plates that regulate the practice of bounty hunting. So but they don't require a license, so do it a certain way. But bail enforcement is now a recognize profession, which would be what bounty hunting is. Oh yeah, bail enhancement. It's the custodian to the janitor. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Bail enforcement is now recognized profession across most of the United States. It's a line of work you can expect to get into without going into a bounty hunter school first. I can imagine the classrooms of that. So yeah, four states Oregon, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Illinois ban bounty hunting. Oregon, Kentucky, Wisconsin. Oh, for sure, they have shotguns. They're doing it with shotguns out.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe some states just know that the most successful bounty hunters aren't going to take time to get a bounty hunter license.
Speaker 3: They just want to go.
Speaker 2: The requirements to become a bounty hunter very by state, with some states requiring license or registration, others do not. Licenses are in California, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio has a certain weird thing. Sometimes you got to be eighteen. Sometimes yeah, what in the world, I'm a thirteen year old bunie hunter. Get in the car. Dog was Hawaii in Hawaii. Yeah, he was in Hawaii a lot, so he was licensed. Where we live, there is no license required to operate as a bounty hunter. Let's go. But you mustubmit a background checked and provide eight continuing education credits per year. You have to learn about it.
Speaker 7: I gotta do is watch bounty Hunter.
Speaker 2: That's it. Eight episodes is eight credits. Who knew that was like a thing that was ruled regulated, has a registration. You had to take classes as Wow. But I remember, I think I thought you'd be a compert. Honestly, I thought to actually be that, you'd have to be in law enforcement at some point, maybe you retire just right, like there'd be something to it, not just I've decided to be it.
Speaker 6: Because dogs a bounty hunter always wore something like like like a badge on his like a necklace. And I think he got in trouble because he went to Mexico and got someone and he wasn't licensed to go to Mexico.
Speaker 2: That did happen something like that happened, but he found the guy. Yeah, he was just in Mexico. My question though, is is that badge real? Like can you make your own badge like Bounty Hunt badge? Well, if the badge just as Bounty Hunter, I think that's okay.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a friend that was like a boob enforced the spring Break boot patrol whatever wastrol. Yeah, a lot of those patrols, you know. So anyway, I love Bounty Hunter. There's Dog. Chapman was arrested in Mexico in two thousand and three after capturing Andrew Luster, a serial rapist and fugitive whoa they were arrested.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, doesn't that cancel it out? He caught a bad guy, so like, don't arrest him.
Speaker 2: I think it's like you killed a bad guy, so don't arrest it, no, because you can't just go to vigilanti justice. And then also you're in another country and their roles are different. Yeah. Yeah, I think so jurisdictions. But it's like during the vice presidential debate when I think it was Waltz kept saying adjudicated, and I was like, bro, I had to google that word, like I know what it means, but we're watching this, we don't know what that means. Like general people have they're like, you can't adjudicate, please use words it What does that mean that? What do you think it means? Judge? Something about judging someone has to do with the law.
Speaker 7: Oh, you can't. You're not above the law.
Speaker 2: It's a huge You can't judge a process.
Speaker 7: I think you said something to do with it.
Speaker 2: To judicate the definition to make a formal judgment or decision about a problem or dispute. For example, a judge would judicate a case to determine who is at fault. Oh, I was kind of right then, yeahsh But he was using that like that was a word everybody uses and we don't like they should go to class and be like, Okay, here are normal people words, and you guys are elevated in your education, but here are words you shouldn't use when you need normal people to pay attention when you're in your rooms you're voting on bills and stuff. Used the big words. But that I was like, bro, you guys stop. That vice presidential debate was they were were so cordial. It was very boring and I liked it, but I didn't watch much of it because of that. His counterintuitive was like I liked it. They were kind of nice to each other, but then I was like, I'm bored. When was that? One happened three nights ago and they both had a really bad moment. They had one, but they both had a really bad moment which was like clippable because on this show or like podcasts, I'll be like something happens, I'll be clip that, Yeah, clip it. They both had on each other clip that moment. Or Walls, the governor of Minnesota. There was one point where he was like talking about going to China and he was like, I'm a knucklehead. I messed up and he's awkward and saying and he just didn't know how to respond and it looked really bad. And it's a meme because his face like this. The other one was when JD. Vance was like you promised you wouldn't fact check us. I laughed out loud. I laughed out loud.
Speaker 4: He said it to the moderator, Yes, you promised you wouldn't fact check.
Speaker 2: Yes, because in the last debate there was arguments about that Jack and the fact that he said that. You could have said it different, like, hey, you guys, promise you wouldn't jump in and cloud. But he goes, you promise you wouldn't fact check us, and I was like, that's hilarious. Both were hilarious. Fact checking is but also I bet you know nobody really watched it. And also that doesn't just the vice presial digital debate whatever never really decides anything. But there were two clippable moments in that. I was like, as a person, that's clippable. I'd have been if I were Walts that I'd have been like, clip that JD Vans clip. If I were JD, I'd be like clip that clip and put it on.
Speaker 4: So JL that, yeah, Jadmans could use the knucklehead one on himself.
Speaker 3: You promise you and you know, whatever, what do you say?
Speaker 2: You promise you wouldn't check us.
Speaker 4: That's good, but he was being a knucklehead by saying that they can beat each other.
Speaker 7: That's what Amy said to NPR when the fact checked.
Speaker 2: Her a sorry, I gotta go. Thank you guys. It's The Bobby Bones Show. The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve Executive producer, Ray Mundo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.