Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody here we go. It is time for the Players Lounge up in here.
Speaker 3: Here it lot back up in here, up in here, everybody here, get right here.
Speaker 2: Nah, we got we got BC back, so we in this dang baby. Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: He is very church back back from you know, doing very church things that you need, very church ty Barcelona.
Speaker 2: Glad you're here and you follow Burial on Instagram. You know. All right, this is the travel experience again.
Speaker 3: Stamp on, Maherrison in the house with fresh Jays, Walmart, Danny mccraee here fresh from Nike Town.
Speaker 2: Ye walk out with your boy neither, Sorry man, man, I knew I'm not even entertaining.
Speaker 4: Look out for your boy.
Speaker 5: Sorry, this man takes me two hours after I texted the back.
Speaker 2: But hold on the man talking about the pictures. Ain't going through everything else go through.
Speaker 3: Ain't going through the crazy Church a little upset because he didn't get the nikes.
Speaker 2: Someone, you're shot, con get all you want, got stocking.
Speaker 3: Another way, you're good. Quite a liquor this morning, because keep guessing it happened.
Speaker 2: It happened.
Speaker 3: It's just like I said, Like I said, I was right on. I was right all the year along on Tyring h had a good year. Saddy was coming back and not coming back. He's now remember the New York Jets for him? Good for him. You guys know I love Tyron, but this was the right move in terms of at some point in time you had to move on.
Speaker 2: Danny. You've been talking about this for two years three.
Speaker 5: And yeah I wasn't on the show, but I know you were talking about that this season. Okay, right off that training this season, because you know, some things changed.
Speaker 2: I want to know this was that really his Twitter? No, I was wanting to be real.
Speaker 5: I see one point eight thousand follows. I was like, no, way, no, no, but listen, shout out to Tyrant. I think listen, if he's healthy, he is one of the best left tackles in the game, second team All Pro. It's just hard to keep him healthy. This year they figured it out with him going to the New York Jets. You got Aaron Rodgers coming off of injury. Depending on how they work with Tyrant, then it may be a little little you know, you're really not sure, but I do. I hope he stays healthy because I think he deserves an opportunity to try to win the Super Bowl. Maybe maybe that's where they rod who knows. I mean he tried. He went Romo Maccastle and.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so he got close. But not shout out the tower, man. I think he got some decent moneys in center in center base. But if he's healthy, yeah, hey, they got them a star. Yeah, talk, you don't drink. He got a bottle something. He got a bottle of something something.
Speaker 3: You think about when they drafted Tyron Smith to replace Flozel, Adams started the right tackle, ended up going to the left. You cannot ask for more from a top ten draft pick than what you got out of Tyron Smith, and for it to end this way rarely ins perfectly.
Speaker 2: I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is one of those where you tip your cat to the organization and the player. Everybody did their part. Man, he lived up to what he needed to be the organization used him properly. Give Mike McCarthy credit for figuring out how to use him properly this year.
Speaker 2: I just think the Jets are going.
Speaker 3: To be in for a real tough time because unless they called Mike McCarthy and Britt Brown about how do you use this player, They're gonna be in trouble. He can't practice every day, but you gotta learn a new offense with the Jets. They're gonna have to have him out there. Left guard, gotta know you, quarterback, gotta know you. That's gonna be a tough thing for him.
Speaker 2: Cold weather two.
Speaker 5: Do you think that cole An effect on those old injuries and ball all that stuff?
Speaker 2: You feel all that stuff.
Speaker 5: As soon as the temperature dropped about forty five, You're like, oh, man, that high ankle sprain I had six years ago.
Speaker 2: He hitting every down on every down agains.
Speaker 3: And so then the whole thing, how many games do you play? I mean, you can make up a contract all day long like they did here, it is you don't. He's going to miss games. He's going to miss games. And so I just think of it. If the Cowboys, I think they exted it at the proper time, and unfortunately, with Cowboy fans on social media, anytime somebody leaves the building, it's a.
Speaker 2: Catastrophe in their minds.
Speaker 3: My gosh, you gotta left tackle something and I saw somebody, Well you have left a rookie left tackle protecting Dak Prescott. Guys, do you not know who's out of your roster? Do you not know what they were doing? Gotta left tackle and Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: No respectfully for Tyron Smith, I say, I echo what you said.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: They let him go at the right time, they did it the right way. A lot of times he's all in MESSI this one doesn't the twenty million dollar contract from the Jets to me, I'm looking at this incentive base. I wonder how much of it he will see while he's there, But if he can be a percentage of what he's been here for the Jets, I mean they've needed that last year just looking at their team, the way their roster was built last year. Even if Aaron Rodgers had played through the season, he would have got beat up because of the way that that offensive line was and obviously second team All Pro last year for Tyron I bet they made the call to McCarthy and Britt Brown to find out, you know, how do you practice this guy. What's the best rhythm to put him into? Because man, with all the injuries that he's had, you know, come on, guys, he had he had to go through a lot just to get ready on Sunday. And I'm telling y'all, I knew that it was over when we saw him standing on the sideline and it was that was it. That was It was like the death of a dynasty right there. You know, It's like, man, he's been good all these years and you don't want to see a guy go out like that. So, man, kudos to him some seven baby, it's seven man, sal baby.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll give him flowers to beget with because you know, like you all said, this guy is I think, in my opinion, a first team or a first ballot Hall of Famer out there. I mean, he came in I think twenty eleven, the year after we came in, and from then on, I mean, he's been a continent pro. You know, he goes in and he's not the guy that you know, I played with him for six years. I might have heard him speak maybe ten times like he's not gonna say too much out there.
Speaker 2: He's an ultimate lead by example guy. You know, follow my lead.
Speaker 4: You know, if you want to do it this way, if you want to be all pro, this is how it's done. So, I mean, he's a constonment pro out there, and I think he's gonna be a first team you know, hall of Famer, all that great stuff. But when it comes to the contract in New York with the New York Jets, was it six and a half like fully guaranteed?
Speaker 2: Right, and then the rest was incentive incentive based. They couldn't make that happen here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now once again, what was what is guaranteed? And that's what you gotta find out because last year he was basically playing on a per game basis. Remember Chris being was talking to us about that, you know. So I don't know how much of the guarantees they were trying to get. And I also don't know if they felt we got all the juice out this. There's no more juice to squeeze out of this. It squaws, It squaws. And also also knowing what you had to do the last couple of years, and Danny's talked about and it's been legitimate.
Speaker 2: How many games? How many games you get? Yeah, but I feel like so so so now what's all ended? We don't well, don't forget this as well.
Speaker 5: Sometimes if Tyler Smith is gonna be your left tackle, you gotta put them out there to play like you know, so you're here, you can't like all of a sudden time and he wanted to retire to Tyler's in his last year and you're like, hold on, Letten, well let's see what we got exactly like you gotta figure out a way. Progress stopper is what we talked about. I am, I am, I am, this is me, So go ahead about it.
Speaker 4: To me, I'm thinking, all right, so we're gonna, you know, bump him out the left tackle can see what he can do. But is that you know, you're really thinking, all right that this is gonna be our statement, we're gonna be able to go to this is our best roster.
Speaker 2: To be able to get to the championship. That's what that to me, that's what all in progress stop.
Speaker 5: If Tyler Tyler for years, they have got they've seen this kid at guard and he is Pro Bowl material at guard. Bump this guy out, the left tackle he's always been the heir apparent that that couldn't have been any other plan but to make him your left tackle of the future. Now you get an opportunity to do that. You got you still have guys on your roster right now. I know what you show me, dog. If they're resigning him, making him a guard, there's still holes that you have to feel. But I feel better no that they're going into the future with Tyler Smith at left tackle. And look, you got some holes that you got to come on now we talked about I would like to address his all in comment because the Tyron Smith thing is the least of our worries. For all in, thank you. When you talk about what happened their free agency, what's going on with Dak Prescott's contract, Kendrick is Kendricks is the only person you've been able to really get you signed, your your loan snapper is your first real sign of the free agency. Yeah, this was a week later. A week later and they owed to c J. They've been cutting them for the first week and for the last two years. But as far as all in, when you talk about, okay, you're running back, you got running backs. You got receivers, so you got to figure out. You got linebackers, you got defensive lineman all in they way off.
Speaker 4: I just don't know what's the biggest impact that we've seen Tyron Smith missing games or you know, wide receiver not being there, aligned by could not be in there, you know guys, you know, maybe not performing away. I feel like we've seen this team without Tyron Smith and it's night and day compared to when they do have them. Now, I don't know the logistics about it, you know, the six and a half and all, I guaranteed, I don't know if they could have made it work CatWISE, but if they.
Speaker 2: Could have, I feel like, man, that's you know.
Speaker 4: You've got you got the formula form you know, the practice maybe once here, once there in game where he's gonna be ready.
Speaker 2: So you got the formula for all pro. Can we get off the hope though? That's and that's that's been. We can hope. Okay, Now I'm in peace. I don't want to hope no more.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of coming on this show because, believe me, I left the show later.
Speaker 2: I hope be out there on the field. Look at the time, something I really don't want to hear it on this show.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's time you've got you as Will McClay told me at at and T stating, we drafted Tyler Smith to be our left tackle. Put him over there, put him over there, and get yourself ready to go and then start filling out the rest of this thing. So you know you need to get a center because Tyler Battish is now with Washington. So you've got two spots that you know you've got to feel. Go fill the spots. But you've already got one in your left tackle. You can now, in my opinion, you're sitting here in the draft with the ability in the second and third round to look at at center.
Speaker 2: You could possibly get yourself a guard in free agency. Ain't go beat it.
Speaker 3: You ain't asking for no pro bowler, but somebody who can man the spot. You can do those things. But it's time to move on. And where I don't think fans give Mike McCarthy enough credit for you go back to his time at Green Bay because of the way they used the draft with Ted Thompson, they developed guys. Mike's done a really good job of developing. Look at Tyler Smith. Remember everybody was killing him coming out of Tulsa. They've done a good job. Go ahead, you rip the band aid off, you move on. They went with Tyron Smith about they got about maybe two years more than they probably should have, the same thing they did with flows l Adams, move on.
Speaker 5: Well. The other thing the issue that you got with Tyron Smith is which made it worse is the person you had backing him up was never really capable of being that type of player. So the drop off was so huge versus Tyron Smith to a Tyler Smith, I think it'll be a lot less obvious that that Tyron is gone, especially gonna give him now the whole off season to we're all assuming that Tyler Smith is going out the left tackle, but you give him the whole off season to get in there and do what he needs to do. I think it'll look a lot different than Tyron Smith goes down, Oh what the hell are we gonna do now? And then let's go all the way back, and then I think I'll show you limit your playbook. Then, when you were asking a question about what happens when he was out, how did it impact you? I think it just limited what you could do offensively because then it impacted your running game as well, but just changing you know which in gears to the other side of the ball. When we got Eric Hendricks, and I've said several times on the show that he's one of my favorite linebackers.
Speaker 2: To watch.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 5: And you made a point a couple of weeks ago about getting a linebacker can be that that green dot guy, and I see Kendricks as being able to do that and it frees up everybody else. And as far as this defense is concerned, whatever Zimmer steps in and does to be more creative when you have that piece in the middle, we still have pieces missing in this defensive line.
Speaker 2: We know it to be true.
Speaker 5: I mean that, and you still probably probably need another linebacker as well. I don't know what Overshan is as far as coming from the a cl injury, but we we're gonna have to use some grace even in that for him at linebacker.
Speaker 2: So look, there are.
Speaker 5: Still so many holes that are missing and pieces that need to be added, not only through draft, but still through free agency.
Speaker 3: Let us talk more about these potential moves and missing pieces.
Speaker 2: With that more.
Speaker 3: Looking Tony Potmer, good luck going back home, will get to right here on the play Sage Boy by Tostitos, A Berry, Church Check, Maharrison, Damian Kraft News Crunch.
Speaker 2: This is Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Isai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeerenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks.
Speaker 2: And good folks home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loude.
Speaker 5: The Country Music's Party of the Year is back like never before. The Academy of Country Music Awards returns to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco May sixteenth. See the biggest stars in country music and watch unforgettable live performances. Tickets are available now at seek geek dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck Maherrison, You players, not by you by Tostito's got Barry Church, you got Danny Kraam New He scrugs, all right, Tyrn Smith Gune. We've discussed that Tony Pollard has exited the building, less starting running back who played on a ten million dollar franchise tag. He's now at Tennessee. They've given him eight million dollars a year for three years. I think we were all surprised at that number.
Speaker 5: Shall I go first, listen, listen. I think maybe Tennessee came in. They must have talked to some folks, or talk to Tony, and Tony must have told me, hey, man, I wasn't one hundred percent healthy all last season, and based off the film that you saw last year, if I'm just a little bit better, then maybe I'm maybe I'm.
Speaker 2: Worth what you what you're trying to pay for.
Speaker 5: But I would assume they have a very very specific plan for Tony Pollock because you have to want two punch. They have to have seen what we've all seen about not being able to be the guy who can get who needs to get twenty carries per game. But at the end of the day, I'm a former player, so happy for Tony Poller.
Speaker 2: Man got ten last year.
Speaker 5: Ain't got him an extra twenty four that thirty four million for a fourth round draft pick, So shout out to him.
Speaker 2: Buy a lot of brisket, a lot of brisket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, franchising, Yeah, no, it's just look in the situation with Tony Poller, we came off of I mean basically saw this guy snap his leg and half in the playoff game, and he came back from that and you know, still rush for a thousand yards, which means nothing these days because the seventeen game schedule. But man, I wish him the best. I think Tennessee has a guy that's going to be that change of pace. Now, when your change of pays guy loses a step, which we saw last season, it kind of minimizes the ability that he has. Tennessee already has a guy in their stable that kind of pushed Derrick Henry out in Tennessee's eyes. So seeing those two guys work together, And also I want to see more from Tony Pollard as a wide receiver. Also, I thought that he was a viable weapon when he had the ball out in the flat and you could pass the ball and allow him to create on his own. But you know, look, he got broke off. Stop it. I mean that run you could throw it up there with the you know what you know, I know I didn't that man.
Speaker 4: No man, he went out there and did this thing. And what I think may have happened, I don't know. But he could have had a bidding war. I mean we see it having all the time with with Hitchins went to Kansas City. It was between Dallas and and the bidding war, and the money just went up and up and up, and that could have happened with TP. But like you said, I think Tennessee could have an explosive office. If the quarterback can get things together. You got Hopkins on the outside, really from Jacksonville on the outside, Tony Pollard hopefully they use them kind of like a Christian McCaffrey, like you just said, catching the ball in the backfield as well. So good to see, good to see money from uh from Tony Pollitt going out there doing this thing.
Speaker 2: AFC South.
Speaker 3: What do we know about the first week of free We know the first week of the first days it's crazy money.
Speaker 2: Spent most people every year because you've got teams. You've got teams who have money. Money. We got a whole lot of money. Let's go spend it.
Speaker 3: So they went out there and they we saw running backs who did not paid last year, go get overpaid. People who thought Josh Jacobs had to play on a franchise, tack Green Bay Coos and give him all to your deal.
Speaker 2: So hey, fine, happy for Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: I don't have an issue with him going because when I saw the eight I'm like, it's Tony Pollard at eight million dollars a year running back.
Speaker 2: We didn't see that here.
Speaker 3: Eight million dollars a year, and you talk about the who else is with him eight million dollars for a guy who's not the guy. I mean, if I would pay eight million dollars, I want you to be the guy. Say one, three down back. That's what I'm looking for from you, Josh Jakes, three down back. So good luck to Tony. I'm happy he gets to go home. I'm not mad at the player, but to me, this is just what free agency is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: A Cowboy fan is upset because Dereck Henry went out there said cowboys never called me.
Speaker 5: Now, we talked about that a little bit last week, and how much of this offensive line philosophy would have had to change with Derrick Henry. They would They should have called him at least just they kicked.
Speaker 3: The time the Okay, what don't you hate when people come up lying to you, Hey man, hey bear, are you interested at this way little discount rate? At least you don't shop it ross? And that's where the Cowboys at right now.
Speaker 5: He got on Esperanza, right Donald, little running Moss, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Okay, they could have called them, they called anybody. Do you want to be insulted? Don't you hate when people insult you?
Speaker 5: Look, it depends on how much they insult me with not is like you know that.
Speaker 3: So you that coach from Lamar in the portal trying to get somebody from l That's right, Hey, you want to come on down here like lam Like Lamar was gonna call Joe Burrow from Ohio State, Lamar University.
Speaker 2: So they should have called nobody.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you they know they didn't have any money for and but most often I said about this on the podcast, coach, don't use twenty he don't use the guy. You need twenty two carries from this guy if you want to get the most out of him.
Speaker 2: Baltimore is the fit. If I'm him, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: To six times every year that they think they ran about six times they't it again. Called the guy just to show him some love, just in case something happened. Who knows man, who knows people?
Speaker 2: He call anybody? Did we call any other runner back?
Speaker 5: Cause I think they all landed in great places that made each one of those teams better.
Speaker 2: I think all of them did.
Speaker 5: I think even Tony Poler, I think the team that he's on now is better with having them because they got a one two buck look in Philly great fit, great fit, and you're not dead to me. Wait wait, I'm sorry, sidebar. Another old school, old school guy getting out here. Don't know how to talk about it. This is why the current players can't stand when they hear a thing from a former player, because a guy like Tiki Barber go go out here talking like he's playing back and remember the Titan days, Bro, you did.
Speaker 2: To me, you turned your back on the under what this man? We got?
Speaker 3: Pai dollarsk been saying bad since he left the league and bat Mount Eli and they want the Super Bowl without it.
Speaker 5: He's just another guy, just another old thirty six I feel like one of the old here watched when when you like that, I'm gonna remind you I ain't talking. That's something one.
Speaker 3: Jones the better Dak Prescott that he did somebody else. I can't take you.
Speaker 2: You know it's coming. I was Tiky just talking. I don't listen to what Tiky what Tiky barbs.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, but look he landed in a spot where you know, Philly is going to definitely use him the way that obviously New York could never use him.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. Really, You'll think you think the offense.
Speaker 3: The offensive coordinator hasn't shown me that he likes to run the ball like that.
Speaker 2: He and Philly, Now what's it?
Speaker 5: And I mean, look, if you want to have some success in the in the city of brotherly Love, you better run the ball because that's that's their identity.
Speaker 2: You want the man to do something he doesn't see.
Speaker 5: That's the argument. I don't like Church because you wasn't here last week. If we had a gutten Derrick Henry, do you think we would have ran the ball twenty times a game? Do you think he would have got twenty twos a yain, no matter what coach McCarthy used to do or don't do. I think when you get a player like that, you say, because we all know, okay, he's a value guy, all right. You know when you got into the situations in those big time games that you ended up losing because you couldn't figure out a way to hold on to the ball or stop the bleed. Tony Pobul was getting seventeen carris in some games. I can see Derreck Herery getting three more, and then he would have been even more of an impact for you in the red zone, which.
Speaker 2: Because we're tarting to go with Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to be fair, to be fair, Yeah, he went to Baltimore, didn't he did? He They ran about six times. I'm saying that I'm talking about last year. It was all yeah, ran about six times. That won't happen again. He with the New York couldn't make it, and then he couldn't touch the ball in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Then he's now on that that clearance clear.
Speaker 5: Clears racket ross. Hey, you get socks might be, don't worry about. I'm just tell you taking up virtual too.
Speaker 3: So he's now he's truly and he's never been a better Dalvin Cook has never been a bad eye a guy. You're bringing the camp at this point, James cooking your brother, that's what killed his stock? Stop who's the brother's.
Speaker 2: You related to? This is where this.
Speaker 3: Is where we are at. Hate to say I'm I'm not dying over Dereck Henry because I just don't believe that they were going to use the guy.
Speaker 2: That's just me. Uh. Dan Quinn went and got somebody else, so I took noogamy. So he left. So that's four guys here.
Speaker 5: Dan Quinn got a lot of money to play with over there. You know he's got pie and I don't. And I don't blame him. I mean the bed deal. Look that he needed a center. He has plenty experence, he knows beyond. Let me come on now, ten Look, I'm gonna say, look, we never appreciated the guy, the guy here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Tyler, win got past week. Money is wild money with thorns. Get over there. Thorns got paid too, Yeah forty five didn't he? So you go pay? This is just all right, Tyler.
Speaker 3: First off, good for you at your ten million, But I'm not paying ten million for a guy that I saw. Connor Williams went down there to Miami and became a better center than beyond all.
Speaker 5: You're also saying that because he's the great under. When Connor Williams was here new and you didn't like Connor Williams, it's a guard.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the guy could play center. So somewhere along the way there was a misevaluation because the guy can play center.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: They tried in there a little bit, but clearly yes and and and there the fired offensive line coach that you fired. Clearly he didn't see it, but they figured it out. How to use the player properly. But he didn't cost him ten million dollars.
Speaker 5: He's a free agent also, so it also hurt. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: I just said he hurts. But I just I just would not And this is just me. Some of these guys who got paid.
Speaker 3: I look at the money, and I know the teams were desperate they had to cash in their paid. I just would not pay him ten million dollars. I don't think they were ever bringing it back, especially at a ten million dollars right now. I would go to the draft because the Cowboys, I give them credit. They have shown us the ability they know how to draft that centers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: We got a lot of draft them to do. I'll tell you that because every time we talk about a whole week of man, the draft butt off.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 5: If things stayed away they are, which we don't expect that they will rebuild.
Speaker 3: This is believe, this is this is we win twelve games three years in a row. People's contracts up. It's a problem when we come back here. Uh we we had talked about the defensive line and we we we should dive into uh Eric Kendrick who was coming here as a linebacker who knows Mike Zimmer's systems diving to that next right here, players not to you buy tostedos on dallascawboards dot com.
Speaker 8: Ready to kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash you Go Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 5: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast lunch or anytime you want a munch, and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 7: Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the ode Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The press scout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Right to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Registered now for the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Youth Camp presented by Invisi Ligne. Athletes of all skill levels at ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the best this summer at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Football camps are led by former NFL players, and Dan's camps are taught by current Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Registered before May seventeenth to save twenty five dollars visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash camps. You said the price going up at the May seventeenth. That's right, Yeah, that's right. You'd be paying an extra twenty five So going up there there so you ain't got no money or you kept today, better signed up before before the seventeen.
Speaker 3: Playslams brought to you by Toasts Barry Church's return. He got Heck Maharris got Danny Mcrowe new he Scruggs. So Cowboy fans are frustrated across the leak though there's more frustration. There's people looking around here saying wow, people people are mad about Trey Lance being traded for a fourth round pick and saying, well, waiter Bill's got a six mac Jones is traded for low cash and a low cash And I defend the organization from this standpoint, and this this is it.
Speaker 2: It's about timing before the season.
Speaker 3: Justin Fields would not have been available for a six round pick before the season. Matc Jones either. Then they played. Then everybody's like, oh right, so now.
Speaker 2: So what happened with with Trey Lances. It was before the season. That's that's what it was.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not mad at the Cowboys about the fourth round pick. You took a shot at it and let's see where it goes. And right now the quarterback has not gotten a new deal, So see what happened. Trey Lance needs to be getting a whole lot of snaps this offseason and this preseason need to be Trey Lance show.
Speaker 2: You need to see what we got it.
Speaker 3: But people, I just think people taking some cheap shots at the Cowboys because it's not a cheap shot time. But to y'all, we paid we paid a four, those guys got a six. How would you know those guys would not have been available for.
Speaker 2: That, Cooper, we are still on our roster, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, there's no there's no there's no way that if there is a dire situation that I'm putting Trey Lancy in over Cooper Rush, like, because we've seen him do it on the field, in real game time situations when the person was on that you needed to get wins. The film is there and usually these guys go off film, the scouts go off film. Hey have we seen the guy be able to make the throws and control the game and control the line of scrimmage and he was able to do it. So I think, like you said, he does need to get a lot of reps. But I don't care how many reps he gets. He's still to me, would not be starting over Cooper Rush unless you really just trying to force it because you put yourself in the position to where you did give up a fourth. Now you have to see what it's worth you got.
Speaker 3: You have got to, in my opinion, see what he has. That's why you got to develop him.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy has done an outstanding job developing Cooper Rush. I mean, there was a point in time when we were wondering about Cooper Rush versus Garrett Guilty had a lot of that. Mike McCarthy did that. From what we're told, we don't really get to see it a whole lot, but from what we're told, Trey Lance has a higher skill set than Cooper Rush. You're paying this head coach a lot of money. You're paying the quarterback coach, Scott Tolzen. Let's see if you can develop a guy who was taking number three in the draft, and if he can become a good player, then you got something. Mike McCarthy once developed a dude named Aaron Rodgers. He sat on the bench. I ain't saying anything, Oh thank you for saying that, But what I'm saying is he's shown you he can take a player and develop him from an Aaron Rodgers who's going to be a first bout Hall of Famer to a Cooper Rush to a guy who they cut several times and we didn't even think was gonna make the team to being a legitimate backup quarterback that could win you four games.
Speaker 2: I do believe that's something you should invest in.
Speaker 5: The most popular guy in Dallas is the second string quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, because you don't get to see him play, and y'all, I hope that he's gonna get in and give you some magic that the first guy that your starter.
Speaker 2: Isn't giving you.
Speaker 5: And I've already seen enough, all right, Nobody wanted to see Cooper rush for another five games.
Speaker 2: We made it through fingers crossed. He went four to one.
Speaker 5: Please get out of that, come on back, all right, Trey Lance. Whatever it was development, My whole thing from the beginning was we developed this guy. Us him as a peace draft night this year and we start to try and make some trades here.
Speaker 2: We already have our guy.
Speaker 5: The elephant in the room is the fact that we haven't been able to get that Dak's deal restructure. We can talk about Trey Lance all we want to, but if we ever see him on the field this year, it's because disaster struck.
Speaker 2: That's the same reason we saw Cooper Rush.
Speaker 5: So getting that deal done is paramount to being able to re sign CD Lamb, being able to get some of these other guys in our defensive secondary done, bringing in maybe your defensive lineman that we're talking about, because we have those holes talking about Trey Lance. To me, look, man, I turn fifty on Thursday. Man, I need that. I need I'm gonna need that win. I need that because it's the way I mean. Come on, man, we need we need the restructured decks deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Even if you restruct your DAK and you're getting back in here, what have we seen across this league, especially with number four. You gotta have a backup ready to go who has had a backup come in and been successful. There's a drop off from every time you go from your first guy to your second guy. You don't want to have this guy played for a whole season. Well that's fine, but what we saw with Cooper Rush is you better have somebody who can come in here.
Speaker 2: We need some games, and Cooper Rush I trusty.
Speaker 5: And there's nothing against Trey Lance. We just haven't seen him be able to do it. And I'm sitting here on the one year deal and I'm like, I gotta put all my chips in on a certain guy. If something does happen, I'm putting it on the guy who I've seen go out there and with me football games versus like, let's go see what straight Lance got. I'm just I'm too nervous to do it, but I know you have to as an organization because you did invest.
Speaker 3: Oh today, I need to see I need to see fifteen out here getting it done training camp. I need to see a whole lot of reps preseason and then see what happens. McCarthy came from that Green Bay system where they kept taking guys and I was like, really Aaron Rodgers boom, and McCarthy had him in New Orleans where he goes from being a backup quarterback in Green Bay to being a starter who wins New Orleans at first.
Speaker 2: Every playoff game.
Speaker 3: Matt Hasselback goes from being was a fifth or sixth round pick in Green Bay to being a starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: In a Super Bowl. That's a great point.
Speaker 3: So the ability for what he's come from and what I've seen him do here, I want to see what he could do with Trey Lance. What the Cowboys saved themselves from and it don't sound like I'm being a Homer guy. But if you didn't take Trey Lance, you didn't needed to spend this off season looking forward to another quarterback, be it draft or you you know, signing one training for Kenny Pickett or or or a Justin Field. You done needed to have done that because they are going to eighteen games and we know these quarterbacks. Look how many great teams, what great quarterbacks had to go to? Easton sticks out there when your boy Justin Herbert goes down, Joe Burrow went down. This shit, Aaron Rodgers went down. You need to be developing people. And yes, you've got Cooper Rush, and Cooper Rush has earned a right to get out here and go play, but you've also got someone else.
Speaker 2: Let's see what you got, because if the guy shows you.
Speaker 3: Something, maybe you can trade him. If Dad gets hurt again, let's see where it goes. I just don't think this is bad. This to me is this isn't bad business.
Speaker 2: No, it isn't.
Speaker 5: And I like the point that you just made about Aaron Rodgers. Also, the thing that needs to be noted is who he was sitting behind and how long he got an opportunity to sit behind that guy and learn. And I'm with you on the Cooper rush stamp Cooper rushes come in and shows you play some clutch minutes and got you some quality wins out of the season. I'm not saying that you don't need a quality second round. I mean a second guy. I just I'm looking at Trey Lance from as he's our third quarterback period.
Speaker 3: And once again, this this to me, we need to see a major jump from this guy, the Terrence Steel jump. We need to see uh, the Jayalen Tobert. We need to see this. I mean, if it's two guys and I'm looking at man, you really need to you need to be better next year.
Speaker 2: It's Mazie Smith about to leave him off. I'm here at the top and.
Speaker 3: And Trey Lance of hey, you there. Oh by the way, there's an opportunity for you. That's I mean, these guys should be in here, you know, working this thing all like crazy. There is a true opportunity for they want you to try.
Speaker 2: To give you.
Speaker 5: Hey, one thing I know about you knew if Trey Lance throws a ball and hits the sideline reporter in the head, you're gonna go Ooh, it's gonna be you that's gonna come right out and saying okay, we do know that, so it's.
Speaker 3: Good, but we need to see you know, we need and this it's things going to eighteen games?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 3: When they when they when they went to seventeen, we knew they were going eighteen.
Speaker 2: Crusis stops college.
Speaker 5: They seemed like they had games at a quicker pace to get seven much as.
Speaker 2: Much money as people are willing to pay.
Speaker 3: But but we just know the Raiders, I mean, we just know you have to get out here and have another quarterback, and you you know, this day and age, you you probably need three. Look how many Cleveland, Look how many years I got they went through. Raiders went through a bunch of guys.
Speaker 5: I mean with the especially with the way they're doing concussions now because you've seen Houston Stroud have the Miss Games tour, you just see that stuff continue to happen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I mean, you do have a backup.
Speaker 3: You're not You're not going to be off base by having you know, two good backups. And personally, I'm surprised Cooper Rush came back because I thought there would be smart teams out there that were paying go get a Cooper Rush. They said that the Raiders out here giving Jimmy Garoppolo all that money in the Saints giving Derek Carl Like, Man, you could have got Cooper Rush and got got You could have got the same production out there for a lot less money.
Speaker 2: But this is the NFL. Jimmy g back on somebody wrolse there.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Kirk Cousins was the guy, but you're taking all the attention off Jimmy because Kirk Cousins went out there the Atlanta got the money.
Speaker 2: But Jimmy g sitting there like got him again. Keep on doing it, you know, Jimmy, who's spotty. Carson Wentz, he's still case.
Speaker 5: I ain't seen somebody set the organization back like Carson, the Colts, Goodness and the I mean the Eagles, the Colts, the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Everywhere he goes. He's just leave a stick everything Indy and the command that's your own fun.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 3: I don't know why believing band right, guy Carson Wisz was gonna turn somebody around. But that's your own fault for not using common sense here. But uh, the Cowboys Eric Kendricks, linebacker.
Speaker 4: Good with this, No, we need some more. I think we definitely Colfly can't be done. But that's a good, that's a good. I think he's a three down linebacker. He can he can he can cover, he can support in the run system. And he's a green dot guy, smart guy, understands defenses. So he's he could be your one piece, but.
Speaker 2: You gotta have more.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know we got Carks sitting there, you know, over shawna. Hopefully he can bash for his injury. But we've all seen those a cls that that year after that. It is kind of tough. But I wouldn't be surprised if they get a linebacker pretty early in the.
Speaker 2: Draft this year.
Speaker 5: I just want to know, you know, Marquise Bell making his transition out from linebacker to safety, how that's going to look for him, because that's, you know, another skill set we've we've taken guys and used the miss tweeners over the years. I mean, look no further than my guy can't think of his name now should he went there? Uh line No from Iowa that we drafted can't think of his name mark anyway, Number ninety seven, number ninety nine, whatever his number is. No defensive lineman. He was a defensive end. Chauncey what I was talking about guys being tweiners that we've moved from being a defensive end now making him a defensive tackle. We did the same thing with Marquise Bell, taking him from safety and moving him to linebacker. I think now the idea is to move him back to safety. I don't know if you resigned, Curse, and so curse is still out there. But you know, again, if you don't resign, and then I think the heir apparent to that is one Ye Thomas R. Marquise Bell, So again, I want to know how that impacts him as well. But being able to have Eric Kendricks kind of hold down the middle, we've needed it, we've needed it, and especially with how we're gonna use Michael Parsons, I don't see Coach Zim were trying to use him.
Speaker 2: As an off ball linebacker. I just don't.
Speaker 5: So you said, you see Marquis Bell finn to be playing special teams. Yeah, because I mean he's gonna move back to be a backup safety. I see Zimmer running three safeties. So I'm okay with the with the Kendricks move, like we need linebackers. He need depth at linebackers. And I think Damon Clark will be better off with having a guy who's a veteran leader showing him, hey man, this is what you're doing wrong, Like we need you to be able to do X, and then have that example of being able to do it. That's the importance of having a guy like Sean Lee. And then now Kendricks is like, hey man, this defensive coordinator knows me, he trusts me, and then that means you can trust what I'm telling you to do because I've been in the system, so I like to move. You need more depth, depth at the position. But I got faith there Overshawn to come back and be some type of mid season uh, be back to where he can can help us Damon Clark and then Kendricks, I think you're looking okay.
Speaker 2: It's just the depth that that words me.
Speaker 3: Uh shout out to late van career Cowboys had to let him go for a guy who came to the league had they knew he had the next issue. Guy got himself a pinching, had some good years, got to make a Pro Bowl. Good for Laateon Van der USh. I wish him well, especially with the new baby daughter.
Speaker 5: So you know, congratulations, he better go straight to the NFL disability to.
Speaker 2: All of that, get all that because he did tough it out.
Speaker 5: And that's that's the example of like, man, I put it out there for the team, and I want to make sure that I get took every chance that I could to do what I love.
Speaker 2: So shout out to him and you know, a lifetime. Yeah, he'll get that. He deserves it when you you put your body on the line out here.
Speaker 5: In the NFL, I think they do a fairly fairly good job of taking taking care of guys who've been through stuff like that. So shout out the Lake Vander tip to him. We brought Jay Lou back. What does that say about Gilly?
Speaker 2: Once again it is which price. Keep in mind, you know this is not trying to be.
Speaker 3: Snarky at all, but at the end of the day, he was the oldest starting corner of the league last year.
Speaker 2: This is a young na game.
Speaker 3: It's a young man's game, period, But then the deposition it's even a younger man's game.
Speaker 2: Good luck to Michael Gallup. He's gonna get out here. And Michael Gallup's.
Speaker 3: Gonna go visit some teams and somebody's gonna sign Michael Gallup and to a fair contract, and good luck to them. I think Michael Gallup can help someone. I mean, to me, Michael Gallup is a guy to be perfect, and I don't think he's gonna go there. But like Kansas Hity, place like that, you got a quarterback, man, you just get to your spot quarterbacks and go get you the ball. Michael Gallup's gonna help someone. But I'm just saying for what he is, right, he's not going to be here. But if I'm him, I go to a place like that. Now I'm talking about the quarterback. I mean, you got to you definitely got a guy like Mahomes that can get it done. For If Mahomes can go out there and when with them dudes, Michael Gallup would be an upgrade they signed. They signed Hollywood Brown. But I'm just saying a guy like that that's you may take a lower contract because of their salary cap, there's a place to go.
Speaker 2: He can help somebody.
Speaker 3: I mean if for him, it's all about the right team, man, It's about the right team. You got your Jordan's up here. But I just by Max took care of me. Man, don't care you're looking out.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, right. There know nothing blood about this. It's just just absolutely nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have waves in the bad, can't waiting, man, when I get hooked up, y'a.
Speaker 2: Don't say nothing about Prime. Prime got ways.
Speaker 5: I don't know Prime personally, but if he was sitting here, I would to say what you said today.
Speaker 2: Man, it sounds like it's gonna be a rebuild. I'm just going about what I'm hearing.
Speaker 5: Man, That's what I'm hearing. So what's what's your record? Your prediction right now? Sitting here, and don't do it. Don't do it. Don't say that. Don't say I don't do it. Don't do it because hey, we go. Hey, we're gonna hold you to it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying from what y'all tell me, that's what it sound like to me. All right, gentlemen, this was fun. It was good fun fun. What happens with the cowboys? What they do next?
Speaker 3: By the way, that prescott five million dollars and it turns into a signing BoatUS to give a cowboy like four million dollars on the salary capsule that she get about eight, so you know, maybe they maybe they upgrade to you know, TJ Max.
Speaker 2: Right now. Spent a lot of money teachers in the middle of the store was used to be forty, you know, off those retail prices. So hey, look like bar don't know nothing about that. Bro had the food boo back in the day at all. To Sho.
Speaker 10: H Bat we had the boys on the back, five on the front. Must have had the load. It was my god brother.
Speaker 2: They had one. To Harris, thank you very church. So much fun when you come to tell you man, we'd love to see you next week. It was a gift. It was trying to get out today last leading. Anybody want to join me?
Speaker 3: Last Cleek I New Scrubs thanks to Chris being Jazz Josh, everybody else players Lounge Talk.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Yay