Speaker 1: While we hope couch Talks can be a tool that helps and supports wherever you are in life, couch Talks does not serve as a replacement or substitute for therapy or any mental health services.
Speaker 2: Good a right, break it down. If you ever have feelings that you just falls home, Amy and Cat gotcha covin like and now brother ladies and felas, do you just follow ann the spirit where it's all us go from and real stuff to the chaill stuff and the m but sway, sometimes the best thing you can do it just stop to feel things. This is Feeling Things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 3: Happy Thursday, Welcome to couch Talks, our Q and a episode of the Feeling Things podcast. I'm Amy and I'm Cat, And today we've got a voicemail from a listener and an email from a listener sort of y'all just engaging with the conversation. So while couch Talks is most of the times a Q and A, this is more of just a we're all involved, Like, we're all having this conversation.
Speaker 1: Together, yeah, back and forth.
Speaker 3: So we're just sitting on the couch tracking couch talks, and I'm going to open up something that Kat gave me. Was it four years ago?
Speaker 1: Do you think I think it was the first year?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: It just twenty twenty, No, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: How do you think twenty one?
Speaker 3: So it's called a blessings jar and there's lots of hidden things inside. We'll go over exactly what that is. But this is such an awesome gift idea for somebody in your life. So we're gonna get into the jar.
Speaker 1: I should have brought mine because I have one to pull out.
Speaker 3: Some gems see what people said. But speaking of what people have to say, I'll start with the email from Carrie or do you think it's Cary. I think it's Cary Cary, Okay.
Speaker 1: It could be Carrie. I do know somebody named Cary and she spells her name that right.
Speaker 3: Okay, that way ka r I. I just wanted to, out of respect, since she's probably listening to this right now, shout out. I don't think she wants to be an on this.
Speaker 1: I think this one's okay.
Speaker 3: I think this is the same. I appreciate the recommendation that she shares. So here we go. Hey, Amy and Kat, I just listened to your episode from a couple of weeks ago where Amy was feeling eager. Her reason put a smile on my face and I knew I had to share this bird house I just bought last weekend. It suction cups to a window and you can watch the nest. It comes with a film to put on the plexiglass of the birdhouse so the birds can't see you watching them and disturb them. I bought mine at wild Bird Store in Hendersonville, and the suite owner said it just needs to be on a window where a tree is nearby so that mama can watch the house and not be too far away. I love the podcast and have learned so many things from y'all and other listeners who have shared their questions and stories. One of my favorite lessons that really stuck with me is never suppress a generous thought. Thanks for letting me in on your conversations. It truly feels like listening to Why's curious and really fun? Friends?
Speaker 1: Nice shut out.
Speaker 3: I hope you'll have the day you need to have your friend on the north side of town carry so even the blessings jar would be in alignment with like, never suppress the generous thought, because this is the blessing jar is sort of a gift that keeps on giving because not only is it a kind, thoughtful, generous gift, but anytime the receiver of the jar needs to dip into the jar to pull out a card or something that was written nice about them, it's like you're giving the opportunity of all the friends and loved ones in their lives to not suppress a generous, thoughtful, kind thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I opened mine up the other day and I was having a bad day.
Speaker 3: He dips into the cook in the jar, into the blessings jar. So I feel like this is an alignment of this email. We could do the voicemail, but we'll go ahead and talk about the Blessing's jar, which this is something that you put together for me, and I know we've mentioned it before on the podcast, but I feel like it's still the beginning of the year where people might have several birthdays coming up this year of people that are in their life and they're like, what in the world do I get this person? They have everything?
Speaker 1: Well, it's good for a milestone.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to take credit for this idea because somebody had given me a blessing jar. First before I gave one to you, so it's kind of passing it on. My sister gave me one. I was going through a really bad time and so she gave it to me. It was just like I needed to hear all of those things that people were saying about me, and a lot of the things, like the little snippets that you guys will will hear, are things that you would not think other people thought, or they could be like little memories or stories that you might not have remembered. And so it helped me.
Speaker 3: Well, so you put it on whole cards that came with those cards. Oh, I thought you did. Where did you get the cards though, because they have quotes already printed on them, like it.
Speaker 1: Came with the jar.
Speaker 3: Oh, it came with the jar. But like do Etsy or Amazon or.
Speaker 4: What that came from? Altered state oddly enough. But I think you can just buy it on like Etsy, Amazon. I'm sure there's a million places you can get it. It also can just be a jar. And my sister when she made mine, she just got different color card stock and wrote the things on it, like you could make your own.
Speaker 3: And that's what I was thinking, like, oh, maybe you could print these out and cut them up. But okay, so kath came already put together as a blessing jar, and then people hand wrote notes on the cards. But you could do one hundred percent diy, yeah, and keep it simple. This is from Bobby. You're an extremely hard worker, Bobby, which I think you did you just like I wrote that. Yeah, but he wrote he said, he said it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just like I think Bobby would say this about you.
Speaker 3: You are an.
Speaker 1: Extremely how do your friend send me things? And then I wrote them all.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like Gracie, you are a deep well of wisdom that overflows as a fountain of life for those around you Proverbs sixteen twenty two. And then Gracie also did another one, so people can do multiple You are kind, generous, and there is nothing you wouldn't do for your friends and family. That's really sweet. I'm not going to read all right now, so weird. Oh my gosh, Keaton wrote like so like such a long so many let's see, let me try to find a short one from Oh, there's nother one from Bobby. You're always genuinely kind to all people you interact with. Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 4: This is not hard I feel like I should be reading it, not you.
Speaker 3: You make others feel less alone in their own struggles, which is very healing. Brittany the shout out Brittany Spencer, Right, Oh, Lisa, Yeah this is weird.
Speaker 1: I bet Lisa's was really deep.
Speaker 3: You're the strongest soft hearted person I know. Thanks for being you, which that's I love that she used the words strong and soft in the same sentence. So this is just yeah, it is. I'm not going to read all of these, go and do one more from you.
Speaker 1: No, no doubt. Yes, I don't know what I say.
Speaker 3: This one is from you.
Speaker 1: It looks long.
Speaker 3: What I said. I know you don't think you're famous. Lol. However, that is one of the ways you bless us all.
Speaker 1: You're like a real deal.
Speaker 3: You are you all the time, even when it's hard and scary. Thanks Cat. Yeah, okay, so blessings jar like this is something I already am thinking of someone this year that I want to do this for that I And I'm known about the blessing jar because obviously you gave it to me. Oh, you just wrote me something about Delilah. That's probably why you made the famous comment too. It's because you had had a thing about you said you will bless us all over when you take over Delilah and speak wisdom into the radio waves every night, cat and you labeled it a future blessing that you're speaking into existence. Oh, Delilah, if you know.
Speaker 1: You know, and you shall know.
Speaker 3: You said you are changing lives every day with the vulnerability you share. Okay, we're done this. I can't do this.
Speaker 1: You can say that serious is this.
Speaker 3: Is such a good idea and it's I could see how I felt was by myself having a moment where if I pulled one of these out that would be very helpful. And so that is if you're wondering, like, because some people may live far away, how do you get them to write the card, We'll just text them or find a way to get word that you're doing this, and they can send you what to put on the card, and like you did, you fill it out for them and that way, because I could see how taking on a task like this would feel overwhelming if you're like, oh, I need to get this person to write it and get that. But if you send out like text and then wait for the reply and you fill it out yourself, then bam, bam, yeah, bam bam.
Speaker 4: And then you can get people from yeah all over because Lisa is in New York and she was able to have blessings in your jar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, show notes, Oh, Shannon, Shannon found a blessings jar on Amazon, and she said she's gonna link it, so I will I when I do the show notes.
Speaker 3: She was letting me know that I can link it in the show notes. Show lie, if people were here behind the scenes show, Shannon's sitting here with her computer while we're working in case like we have a question about something or we want to look it up, or we're about to play a voicemail from a listener, and Shannon's got the voicemail queued up on her phone ready to play through our road caster, which is like our little I call it our little podcaster box. The soundboards soundboard, Yeah, with buttons and life. It's so cute, right colorful. I like it. And so she's got it hooked up so it'll play through there sub way. The audio sounds good because like I don't know, back in the day, like if I was running the show, I'd be like I just hold up my phone to the microphone. But it sounds better when we run it through Shannon's. So that's what we're going to do for the voicemail coming up in just a minute. But before we get to that, I want to talk about like going out in your thirties and forties and how a lot of times we just turn into hermits and don't want to go out anymore. And I saw a geriatric psychologist.
Speaker 1: Like, you're targeting me.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not, I'm targeting myself, Took. It's not just to you, I think it's anybody. Like when you hit that thirty five to forty to forty five range, it's like you go out less and less and it's harder to get together because you just want to stay home. But obviously you know what a geriatric psychologist is.
Speaker 1: Psychologists for older people.
Speaker 6: Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna pull it up because he talked about how basically it's the music for the post. But he was talking about how if you're we need to stop waiting to feel social, because you don't wait to feel inspired to brush your teeth. Socializing after forty is no longer entertainment. It's cognitive maintenance, sort of like you wake up every day and brush your teeth, to take care of your hygiene health. We need to take care of our brain health. And the older you get, like the more isolated we get because we just don't want to go out. But he was saying that we need to force interactions with the same discipline that we use for like our monthly mortgage payment, Like you do that every month no matter what, because you don't want to fall behind. Well, you need to plan a gathering with friends no matter what because you don't want to fall behind. Which Gracie, she's one of the people that you had in my Blessings jar. You know, she has emergency confetti and something else that she's organized in our town. I guess with moms in our area is a monthly mom's club and it's all on email. I receive the emails. I've yet to go, but I want to every time, and then when they come around, I mean, I'm not able, But I'm also not forcing myself to go because I could make it a priority of like okay, I just need to get there and cancel whatever it else I has, or like I can't stay home because I'm tired, Like I need to go because the truth is such a good way to gather with other women and other moms that are in similar situations, and you get to talk about all kinds of things. And they do an activity at every single one, Like they put a lot of thought into it, and you maybe have to venmo like ten bucks, twenty bucks to contribute towards whatever the activity is. And I think it's so cool that Gracie is doing that, and you can tell she's putting a lot of thought and love and care into it, her and a couple of other girls. And I'm like, that could be my monthly activity, my monthly cognitive maintenance.
Speaker 4: Do you want to challenge yourself? Do you want to challenge yourself to go to.
Speaker 3: The next one? Sure, I don't know if I'm available. Okay, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. I think I am. I think I am, And yeah I might.
Speaker 1: What's the activity next time?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: I'll have to check the email let me see if one has gone out. I think it's like the first They kind of keep it consistent. Maybe it's the first Thursday of every month. Okay, So like for Valentine's Day they did, like for the month of February, they did like a Gallantine's and then they had little actvities where they had I think they had candles, and then they decorated the candles. Oh.
Speaker 1: I saw her post about that. That looked really cute.
Speaker 3: And you wore like fun pajamas and it was real casual and then they had cute little Valentine snacks and whatnot. But March, I know there's a Bunco.
Speaker 4: Okay, waiting for you to say bunco because I think of her when I hear bunco, because didn't you do that for her birthday or something?
Speaker 3: That's what she did for her birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my parents when I was younger had Bunco club or like group or whatever, and once a month they would go to one person in their group's houses and do like a party.
Speaker 1: And I would like to do that. I don't know how to.
Speaker 4: Play bunko, but when you were talking about this, you said the words like going out, but it could be just gathering with friends inside. It doesn't have to be like, yes, go out. It could be like go to somebody's house and have a game night. I would love to have like a whether it's bunco or another game, like a group like that that feels very middle aged, like, and.
Speaker 3: I think even in your like or if you have a boyfriend or a husband or whatever, like, are y'all like my boyfriend and I have talked about this, like we need to go on more double dates, Like we need to get out and like be intentional of socializing with other couples. So it could be that that's your like every two weeks or once a month, I get it with kids and work and we fall into that pattern of like, Okay, well we're just tired. Do we really want to get dressed and go out? And we could just so something that we've talked about is like we need to be intentional of going out with other couples and doing that, because it's easy to be tired and want to just get cozy and order food and watch a TV show. And then that's isolation even though you're even with someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just no.
Speaker 3: I think that as we think his point of being a geriatric psychologist is like the forties, thirties, forties, that's when you start seeing it show up, and then you train yourself to just stay home. So then in your fifties your sixties, you're kind of doing the same, and it just progressively gets worse. So treat it as maintenance. You are in that routine and it's just part of your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean that you can't wear comfy clothes and order take out and watch movies. It's you're saying, like a sprinkle in some social interaction into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm not going to take away comfy clothes and ordering food and watching TV. Heck no, I love that. It's just that if that's your default every single time, I think that's yeah, I can relate to that, and we need to do better. I just checked Gracie's name in my email and they haven't sent out details yet for the Oh they did give a teaser in the Gallantines one. They said, yeah, the March hang will be a Bunco night, So I guess that's what it is. That's where I had that in my head. In January they did a vision board night.
Speaker 1: But you don't know. You still don't know when. Right.
Speaker 3: It says March fifth, which is I think the first Thursday of the month.
Speaker 1: Are you a builble Thursday nights?
Speaker 3: I have to go check. Let me see. We have a Bobby Bone Show cruise that week, so I will try to go if I can. Okay, it's on the upcoming ones because obviously now I know that it'll be April second, okay, and then yeah, May seventh, so I can start putting that on my calendar as my monthly maintenance with my Mom's Club, which I don't know if everybody has that, but maybe you could be the person in your town that starts it, because I'm like, Gracie's put a lot of work into this, but once you get like the template of it, it could be fun and you can I think she's got it on social media. I don't know if it's even the handle monthly Mom's Club, but you could look to it for inspo or like just take this and be like, Okay, the first month, we're going to do a girl's night where we decorate something, We're going to do a bunco night, or we're going to do what's it that everybody does?
Speaker 1: That's that sounds to me, that's too complicated.
Speaker 3: That's like I don't know how to play.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of it feels like rules and stuff.
Speaker 4: I keep getting like videos on Instagram and TikTok of like Majong rules, and I don't know why that's in my algorithm.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's telling me, it is.
Speaker 3: Telling you something for your cognitive health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll play Bunko Majong is I just feel like a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my friends that play it though, they love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll start Majong listeners.
Speaker 3: If y'all play, send us encouragement. Yeah, and do you think Kat and I would like it? Like, really think about us and who we are.
Speaker 1: I love games, but well I love that game.
Speaker 3: Right, and I would say I like games.
Speaker 4: You're so fun when you play them. You was the star of my birthday that one year because you were so good at the what were the poetry for N'anserthal's Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, that game is fun. Yeah, I love, I love. I guess it just depends on the game. If I'm going to.
Speaker 1: You like Bunko when you play it.
Speaker 3: I wasn't very good at it, but it's also doesn't take.
Speaker 1: It like a dice game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not skill, it's luck. It's luck. So I guess I just wasn't very lucky with it. So anyway, I just wanted to offer that encouragement since we had the email of never suppress a generous thought. Maybe never suppress a moment to go out. Sometimes suppress it. Once a month you need to go out. Let's just set the goal of, like once a month you need to do something with friends.
Speaker 1: I can even do twice a month.
Speaker 3: The months are flying by.
Speaker 1: You could do twice a month. I could.
Speaker 3: But also there's kids and sports.
Speaker 1: But does that not count?
Speaker 3: Going to like and work functions.
Speaker 4: Going to a sporting event with your partner counts. Are you sure that's getting out in your social and you're talking to other people, you're getting dressed barely.
Speaker 3: I told you there was that one game I got dressed for and I showed up and my boyfriend was like, where are you going? And I was like here and it did feel fun to get dressed up. So maybe that was my once a month. But I got to say, like, when I told you, I've told you. When I think of like how often I feel really awesome in a month, there aren't that.
Speaker 4: Many days because maybe you aren't having the experiences that you.
Speaker 3: Know, just like I think it's hormones. But I finally booked an appointment to get my blood work done with a hormone doctor, like I combined it with my yearly appointment, like I started to realize I didn't like my gynecologists that I was going to. Oh and so my friend had asked me for a guid in collegist's recommendation and she was like, do you have someone that you've gone to you? I said, yeah, I have someone I'm going to for years, but I don't think I recommend them. And then I was like, well that's weird. Yeah, Like why why wouldn't I just schedule somewhere else, because well, they already have on my paperwork, I've already been going. She knows my family history, and there's she's not terrible, but she's just not and sometimes it's hard to get into people.
Speaker 1: So it's and.
Speaker 3: My sister and I were talking about this, because there is the doctor that I just got in with. I assumed that she would be difficult to get into and it might take a long time. So therefore I just kept putting off calling because I didn't want to deal with the wait list, when in actuality, if I just picked up the phone and called, even if it was a three month four month waitlist, by the time that three or four months came along, i'd have the appointment, but the way I roll, the three or four months would pass and I haven't made an appointment with anybody, so it doesn't matter. And my sister was like, why are we this way? I'm like, I don't know, I said, but knew me because I I had a guide acologist appointment last week and it was the day with the old one. It was the day before the appointment, and I was like, why am I going to someone that again? I wouldn't even recommend to my friends that are asking me. So I called the new place and they were like, we can see you on February twenty fourth, stop and I was like, of twenty twenty six, like this year, February twenty fourth like coming up and they're like yeah, and I was like, okay, put me down. So she's going to do my yearly check up and my blood work for hormones because she's also the hormone specialists that I've heard other people rave about, and she's going to help get me on some hormone replacement therapy, which I know that I need one hundred percent know that I need, and I can't wait to see where my levels are and what I need and how we're going to supplement it and even talking about new me coming up.
Speaker 1: So if very combined with.
Speaker 4: Going out my social maintenance, Yeah, I'm not even going to recognize you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I mean that's just gonna help us combat loneliness in the future and isolation, yeah, which is an epidemic.
Speaker 4: Well, and like I think i'd like to see you out of the house more. Yeah, when I see you, it's at your house.
Speaker 3: Maybe the hormones will help, because yes, to your point, that is a huge reason why so many women im perimido pouse.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 3: Feel like themselves. They're like, I have no joy. I'm not like a miserable person to be around, but I don't like I'm not like excited. I just feel kind of like nah, but I'm not sad. It's just a me feeling. You said no joy, So that, yeah, I think, Well, you know how we want to have whimsy all the time. In practice, like I'm even telling myself be whimsy, and it's like where's the way. I can't find it. It's not coming to me as easily as it once did. And I don't feel like it was that long ago that I was able to tap into the whimsy with ease. It's like you can't. It's difficult to get there, you know. It's like you want to be playful and be like, okay, dishes, time to take a bath, but you're just like dishes.
Speaker 4: Was it last year when you like wanted this to be a cat or you were talking about yes, whimsy for you? Sure, Maggie's the model on the cover of her cat food. Maggie was sad and depressed because that's her sister who's a model in New York now, And I had this whole narrative of hell, yeah, yeah, I know, she got to go to live in New York and chase her dreams and you're stuck here in Nashville, inside the house with no claws. And I know you're beautiful and you could have made it as a model too, but I'm like, you could do be on my Instagram. How's Maggie's health journey. How's Maggie's health journey?
Speaker 3: I think she's good. She seems smaller to me. I put her on my kitchen scale and she's like a accurate Yeah, it's a little digital scale. I have to put her in a box and then put measure away the box and then put her in the box. And then anyway, thanks for asking about her overweight cat. Uh, no, we're not.
Speaker 1: Are you still hiding her food?
Speaker 3: No, I have it on the treadmill, though she does. You're not making your cat walk on the tread It's just ironic because it's like her food's on the treadmill. So that's her workout. She seems to have a good life. Let's just say that. Wait, what else was I going to say? I was talking about, Oh, my appointment, I just did it, so I canceled, And then now I'm going I did did the dang thing. So like, if that's you and you are going to a doctor that you feel about and you know there's maybe somebody else out there that could be more beneficial to your life, make the call and maybe it will take three or four months, but that too shall pass and then you'll get there. Yeah. Yeah, that's normal, I know, but look in my in my case, it was like, oh, this is right around the corner, like literally, yeah, so I'm going to be able to go in no time. And good for you, Yeah, thank you? Have you done anything awesome for yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a new doctor, but it was Morgan, so because I had to, because I moved in My doctor moved to California.
Speaker 3: But good for you for finding one, because I they're a part of me. Would be like, oh, I just want my doctor move. Yes, yeah, well and they could. I actually could.
Speaker 4: I've stayed at that place I was at and they would have just assigned somebody else to me. I really liked my doctor though. That's the difference. Is how sad that she moved. But then I was like, why am I going to drive to Nashville now that I live in Franklin to go to this doctor when this is a perfect opportunity to not. But I will say I didn't go to the doctor for many years because my doctor were tired at one point and like a lot, that's our eighth sh And then but then they gave me a new person. He read the wrong chart the first time I saw him, and I was like what. And then he asked me how my flangy was doing, and I was like my what. He was like your finger and I was like I broke it in second grade, Like why are you checking in on that?
Speaker 1: It was just very weird and then he made me cry. Yeah, I think I told.
Speaker 3: You this, Well, probably I forgot years ago.
Speaker 4: Because my primary doctor was prescribing my ADHD medication just because she could. She's like, you don't need to go to the psychiatrist every three months. We can just check in everything three months and do whatever. And so then he was taking that over and he was like, so, I don't know how to describe it, like accusatory instead of like trying to understand me, he was very much like, well, how do you know you have this? And like was like asking, He's like, oh, so you graduated from Vanderbilt, but you weren't taking medication, Like how are you?
Speaker 1: How'd that happen? I was like it was really hard. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And so I just felt very now that I didn't feel seen because I guess he was seeing me.
Speaker 3: He dismissed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I felt judged and I felt like I was having to like defend myself and that's not you should never feel like that with a medical provider. So I sat in my car and I cried. And then my friend has a doctor that she loves, so I just got in with her and they were the same, like different places but same company, so.
Speaker 1: They're able to switch me.
Speaker 3: Oh perfect.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you have a doctor like that that you dread seen, then you're not going to go when you have a problem, or if you have a problem and you don't feel like they're really hearing you, then you're not going to get the care you deserve. So I just don't think he was the doctor for me. But I had the same doctor from second grade till I was thirty years.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about because second grade so now you're just talking about actual regular doctor.
Speaker 1: Well, my doctor was my family doctor, was my guynocologist.
Speaker 3: She did it all, Oh is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She original my first doctor when I moved to Tennessee. Our family doctor, doctor Langston, my mom.
Speaker 3: So she met with you when you were in second grade, but then when you were of age to get pap smears.
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 4: She was also a gynecologist, so then when she retired, that was a big deal because I had to get another regular doctor, and I had to get another gynecologist, and I had never had different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only.
Speaker 1: Knew that, and I knew her so well, and she knew me so well.
Speaker 3: Have you ever gone to a male gynocologist?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I would ever choose that. I did once. How was that experience?
Speaker 3: And then so he was recommended by my friend and college roommate's dad. He was a doctor and they had this guy they recommended. So they were all friends, right, and we were all family friends. So they had a barbecue once and the gynecologist was invited. And I went to the barbecue and I'm like this, I can't do this. Wait, you're this is weird because I went to him and he's like, hey, how are you? And I'm like, mine, you, this is weird. I don't like that you. I have come to you for a perhaps yes, and other things and other things, and now I'm we're just like in the food line together.
Speaker 1: This is it's weird.
Speaker 4: I will say, I lied, I do have This isn't my like gynecologists. But I went to a fertility doctor that's a male.
Speaker 3: But did they see your parts?
Speaker 4: They have to do vaginal ultrasounds. I'd got many, so yeah, but that didn't feel weird to me. He was so like professional, and I think if I saw him in a social setting, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, I had a barbecue, Yeah, that would feel different.
Speaker 1: But it was like very routine very.
Speaker 4: So when you're doing that kind of stuff, you have to do it so often that I'm like, Okay, here we go again. Hmm, So you kind of get used to it. But I don't think for my long term care, I would. I think having I personally like having a woman, just because I feel like I can open up and be more honest with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: I tell you a more one time that I went to my new gynecologist and I panics.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how to put the robe on. How do you put well done?
Speaker 3: Right? I do feel like I'm doing it wrong as well at times, but then they I'll ask the nurse again, like I'll do that same thing too. If I'm going in for a mammogram, I'm like, wait, did I put this on right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I put it on.
Speaker 4: Were the front open? So okay, that's the correct way. Yeah, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know, but I put it on the other way. I get what you're saying, Yeah, make that put it on because that feels normal. But in order to have because they have to check your chest, yeah, and then open it up put your leg.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is just like those videos that people make where they're like they put the camera inside of a paper bag and that's supposed to be like the inside of your body, and then it's okay, it's like reels. There are reels that people make that are funny of like this is if you want to know what it's like to go to the gynecologist, Like, here's your body's point of view. So the camera's in the bag and then they put their head in the bag and they're like and then it's like hands with gloves and then you know, tongs and like a scraper thing and like in the bag you can just see and you're like, oh my gosh. Yes, Like if guys want to understand like what we have to go through when we go there, it's like it's tough.
Speaker 4: It's tough, especially if you have to figure out how to put on an whole outfit and they don't tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well we can do the voicemail. Okay, now Shannon has that queued up and ready to go, which we love hearing from y'all. Y'all can call us eight seven seven two oh seven two seven seven, Hi.
Speaker 5: Amy and Kat, This is Tracy. I live in Denver, Colorado. I just listened to the episode about things to say when you don't want to say it's going to be okay if you don't know what it's going to be okay, which was also really helpful, But I wanted to add the question of what do you need is helpful for all kinds of situations. I wound up using that with my daughter when she was in college and then a young adult, and you know, you transition into the days of life of they're making their own decisions. Sometimes they still want advice, but don't give it if they're not asking for it. So we had a couple of not great interactions where she would call and I'd do the wrong thing, and finally we just established that I would ask are you calling for advice? Or are you calling this event? And straight up I would ask that and we still do that to this day. And it was so great because then she got what she needed and I was able to give her what she needed without you know, stepping on her toes or upsetting her or whatever. So anyway, I think it's just can be really useful in other situations as well. So thank you for all you do. Love it, and I hope you have the day you need to have by bye.
Speaker 3: Love that, Tracy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just got a nice good for all times anybody, because we've all been there when we like call somebody and we're trying to get something out and then they give you like this, well.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about that?
Speaker 4: And you're like, that's not what I needed, Like I feel like you're lecturing me now, so good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we appreciate y'all sharing your nuggets of wisdom, like after you've listened to something we've said, and I think that's what you know the emailer was saying. Which is why I loved that we picked this email in this voicemail to go together, is because the emailer even referred to like things that we've said and she's learned from us and other listeners, and that's what helps us feel like connected, feel like our little feeling things.
Speaker 5: Community.
Speaker 3: But I just don't know that I love that word.
Speaker 1: What would you like to call it? I don't know, circle.
Speaker 4: Group?
Speaker 1: Does community? Feel too?
Speaker 3: Like? Oh, I think there's something I love this giving me. Just maybe I hear people say it online a lot and then I'm like, Okay, I don't know. Maybe I'm kind of over it because I know I've said it before.
Speaker 1: It is a community.
Speaker 3: It is a community. I know you feel like cult. No, I mean, now that I think about it, community sounds, our flock, our flock, our feelers, feelings how like you know, Beyonce has her bees or beehive like behive, or Lady Gaga has little monsters we could have.
Speaker 1: Our expert has armchairries. That's cute.
Speaker 3: What about feelers our little Yeah, it's just not as cool. Thingies are our things are saying?
Speaker 1: Are thingies?
Speaker 4: Okay, We're not okay, are trying to like our club club?
Speaker 3: I hate you hate it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say community thing our club. I love our little club. If you have ideas, let us.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, share with us. You can email us. Hey, they're at feelingthingspodcast dot com. We will be back on Tuesday with another Feeling Things episode, but don't forget on Saturdays. Other episodes load up on the feed from other people in my network, different content that maybe you haven't heard before, from really awesome women. So make sure you check out those downloads on Saturdays and see if there's anything that tickles your fancy. Maybe you want to join their club, their community, their tribe, their Yeah. So until then or until we see you next. Here you next, you see us next, you hear us next.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it sounded like you just skipped half the day. You need to have bye.