Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And yes it is Wednesday on the show, and you know what that means. Tonight is aw Dynamite and we have a lot of announced for the show. They added a couple of segments overnight this morning today and they also announced that later on today. Man, I thought we were done with it, but apparently not, the rankings will be updated. So for those of you that love to tear apart or analyze or whatever make your own stories about the rankings, well, today's your lucky day. We got the lineup for the show. We'll talk about that as well as last night's an XT, which second week in a row, big improvement over what it had been the last couple of months, and one of those shows where they did something that just it was so good that it made me so mad. So we'll talk about that here. Today got the lineup for Stand and Deliver. We have got a bunch of other news as well, including the announcement of Double or Nothing. I thought we might have to wait until the next pay per view wrapped up for them to announce double or Nothing, but they did, and as I pretty much had told everybody, well, it is going to be taking place on this same weekend as the Observer f for w Convention, so I think that you should go and I'll tell you about that, as well as more info when the aw show is going to be taking place. We got raw notes the ratings from Monday night, which nothing particularly special about the ratings until you look at the quarter hours. We'll tell you about that. We have the stipulation for the new Japan King of Pro Wrestling provisional title match coming up. Fans have voted, Thank you fans. I'll tell you about that and so much more back in the moment, Observer Live. The good folks at Wendy's have a revolutionary new product for you, introducing the new range Dreamsicle Frosty.
Speaker 3: It's like a time machine that takes you all the way back to now, the year twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: It's the classic creamy orangey flavor you remember. Dare I say it's new timing, It's the flavor you grew up with.
Speaker 2: Just all grown up.
Speaker 1: Head over to your local Wendy's establishment and get yours by supplies last the new orange Dreamsicle Frosty here for the now, for now.
Speaker 4: Live at a time only in participating Wendy's.
Speaker 5: Hey there, fellow travelers, it's me the Hotel Whiz. Before you go anywhere, call me day or night for hotel rates too low to publish. I'll save you up to seventy five percent on over five hundred thousand hotels across the globe. You see, I've already done the research, so you don't have to spend time online trying to find the best deal that's up to seventy five percent off. Just call me the Hotel Whiz. It's a free call and you get instant access to rates too low to publish with no cancelation.
Speaker 6: Fees, make up free call now and save up the seventy five percent off your hotel rooms. The next time you're going somewhere for business or pleasure. Call the Hotel Whiz now and get instant access to rates two load up published eight hundred five eight six seven one one two. Eight hundred five eight six seven one one two eight hundred five eight six seven one one two. Call the Hotel Whiz right now for rates two load up published at eight hundred five eight six seven one one two.
Speaker 7: Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who'll offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plat fee instead of an expensive commission.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: Soul dot com services are free, so if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven, eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 8: The Angie's List you know and trust is now Angie, and we're so much more than just a list. We still connect you with top local pros and show you readings and reviews, but now we also let you compare upfront prices on hundreds of projects and book a service instantly. We can even handle the rest of your project from start to finish. So remember, Angie's List is now Angie, and we're here to get your job done right. Get started at Angie dot com, that's Angi or down the app.
Speaker 2: Today you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SIMBERVB also Wrestling Observer dot com, and we got a lot to talk about here today, But I want to make a note about the raw ratings before we go any further, because apparently it's been the subject of much debate. Raw Show Monday one point seven to three million viewers and a point five to seven in eighteen to forty nine, Bachelor on ABC four point one four million and a point eight which is very high. And Iowa versus West Virginia n CLA Women's basketball Tournament four point nine million viewers, which would be the third largest viewing audience for a women's NCAA tournament game in the past twenty years. And while i was up two percent in total viewers, rating was up from last week. The eighteen to forty nine which did a point five to five last week, and the hours one point seven to six million, one point eight three million. Second hour is now consistently higher because of the daylight savings time switch, and the third hour did one point six to zero million. And as a guy who I got to hear it all the time, Oh yeah, hey, cm punk, Well, I'm here to defend cmpunk from a bunch of stupid stuff written on the internet in the usual Ah, they couldn't get two million with cmpunk. The quarter hours for the show. This was one of those shows where it's kind of just sort of going like this and then it goes tram straight up in the air. That's CM punk, seth Rawlins and Drew McIntyre. Segment did a whopping two point two million viewers for RAW. I'm not even sure the last time the show did two point two million viewers for a quarter, but man, etting shot straight up, and next week when they have the Rock and Roman reigns advertised for the show, I think we're going to have another one of those. I think, if I recall correctly, the last time it shot straight up, I think was when they did that Cody Rhads deal last week on the show. If I can find it here, that would have been what's today, March twentieth. Yeah, So the Cody Roads segment also shot straight up last week, which I was very very impressed by. It was like the highest rated show or highest rated quarter on the show by far one point ninety six million, So it shot even higher than that for cmpunk in Chicago with seth Rawlins and Drew McIntyre and man, whatever the heck that segment was, you know, that was that was a promo train wreck is what that was. And somebody in the chat here says, what are you kidding me? Rack, Oh my god, we have had.
Speaker 3: Train wreck segments and professional wrestling and on the microphone. Look that may have gone on for way too long, but three guys all hit their points at all score points.
Speaker 1: They did, they did. I was, I was, I was greatly compelled. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. But you know, listen, I don't want this to go out on the internet saying that I'm saying this is true. I'm just saying this is a fan Okay. I watched that segment, and someone in the chat here goes, pretty sure all three of those guys actually hate each other, and uh, as a fan watching it. As a fan watching it, I thought, I'm pretty sure those three guys hate each other. And even Seth goes, are you guys done trolling each other yet? Because Drew and Punk going back and forth. Listen, everybody there was there were some you know, anytime you do anything like you know, everyone's kind of pretty much on the same page mostly but not always. And I don't care what anyone tells me. You cannot convince me for any amount of money that it was scripted for Drew MacIntyre to say I'm the chosen one or whatever it was he said, and for see him Punk to respond with who named you the chosen one? Say his name? Because everyone knows who it was, Vince, And that was Punk's little checkmate right there. And you know, Drew laughed it off and everything. But there is no way that they are scripting a Vince McMahon line into television. That was one where they decided to, uh, you know, and that happens sometimes. So but anyway, I couldn't. I couldn't take my eyes off it, and either could anybody else. Two point two million for that quarter.
Speaker 3: People complaining about that, don't be silly. Look at your boy. Lenny in the Chat nineteen ninety seven called and wanted its segment back.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, Yeah, you know, you know, it was really popular in nineteen ninety seven wrestling. It was called a boom period and it was insanely successful. And so I don't know how that's some sort of knock on anything.
Speaker 3: Look, there were a lot of people who seemingly are going out of their way to try to tear down that raw on Monday, which you know, hey to each of their own. If people hated it, they hated it. I think it's been the best one of this new regime. Certainly the best raw in quite some time, but certainly under TKO auspices, this has been the best one. I thought it was a well balanced show. I thought they hit on everything they needed to hit and even the stuff that went too long, it was actually as you said, it was compelling, whether you thought that went too long or whether you thought the rock stuff with Cody at the beginning went too long.
Speaker 1: Now, the other thing I got to talk about at the top of the show here is, I know people like to say that I never can admit that I'm wrong, but that's that's just a lie. I have many times Wait a second, but I will, I will double down. I will die on this hill. Do you understand?
Speaker 3: All right? What is it?
Speaker 1: I watched NXT last night and they did Prime Target Carmelo Hayes and Trick williams Man and oh my god, they went back to like who did they have on here with? With There was a segment with Trick which was like the greatest segment I've ever seen. It was they went back to Philadelphia. They actually went to Philadelphia, and Trick is introducing us to Sweet Baby James, his uncle who took him in and is the reason that he is in NXT today death Sweet Baby James is going to stand and deliver. They had an interview with Gary Cobb. It was a former NFL player. I don't even know why they interviewed him. I mean, did Trick, was he coaching Trick?
Speaker 9: And some.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but this guy, I swear to god, he cut the best promo of anyone in NXT by miles. I was dying, dying to see Jerry Cobb and the Rock go back and forth in a promo battle or Curtis ayakaia it doesn't matter to me and uh. And then they talked to William Davis, a family friend who cut the second greatest and anyway, this freakin' prime target. When this was over, why in the name of the good Lord above is this not Trick going for the title and WrestleMania dude? Why and then stop, Mike, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 3: I'll meet you.
Speaker 1: Then then it's the world title feud. You guys know what they're doing for the World Championship feud. Well, first, staff. Eliot gets in the ring with freaking Stacks. Okay, I like Stacks, Okay, I like the guy. He keeps this guy ninety percent of the match. Stax just beats him and and the crowd's dead because the crowd singing the exact same thing I am. I want to see Eli Dragonov kill some bloke, but he just sells, and he sells. It's like a Randy Savage match. I'm gonna sell the entire match from the opening bell and then I'm gonna hit one flying elbow at the end, or an Elia's case, one torpedo escaped by the skin of my teeth. And then the follow up is Tony wants to meet him for dinner next week.
Speaker 3: One should not have to do with the other.
Speaker 1: One going to dinner. This is the bill to the world title. Broke Target was like Mayweather Pachio back in two thousand and eight when they did that series on HBO. Bro I was just aghast. I'm like, why in God's sake, bro Mike, Mike what, there's not even a stip. I know, it's not Loser Leaves Town, it's not Last Man Standing, it's not lights out. It's hey, guys, we're gonna do the best prime target I've probably ever seen at ed XT.
Speaker 3: It was for a wrestling match. I mean, come on, look it, Brian, You're exactly right, and if you wanted to do the title, you could have done that, but they decided to go with Ilia draggon off if this is the champion, and I'm fine with that as long as we get Trick Williams and Carmelo one on one with some sort of definitive finish. And I would rather be a stip match. But you keep dragging up the title. Don't worry, they'll have it soon.
Speaker 1: I don't want him to have the title after WrestleMania weekend. I want Sweet Baby James to be sitting there over WrestleMania weekend watching Trick win the title. Back in a moment, Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper vv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live like simpervb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. So yes, they did announce it. Double or Nothing is going to be taking place on Memorial Day weekend. As we expected that it would be, and uh, can I find it already here? This Sunday, May twenty sixth of the date MGM Grand Garden Arena those of you just to go to those big UFC events there. Tickets will go on sale to the general public this Saturday. This is the first time hosting Double or Nothing since twenty nineteen. The MGM past two years it was at T Mobile and Daily's place in Jacksonville most of the show during the pandemic twenty twenty and at twenty twenty one. So they will also be presenting Dynasty Saint Louis on Sunday, April twenty. First, just hit me, that was the old soap opera. Finally, guys are gonna get a new soap opera review coming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, will wait. Dallas Falcon Crest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should do aw Falcon Crest. I think should be their next pay per.
Speaker 3: View AEW nine two one zero.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that one.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that would be rough under the circumstances.
Speaker 1: Jungle Boys on the outs.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they are going to be back. They did announced too. They're going to be back in Cali again too, as part of that Double or Nothing weekend. They're going back to the Key of Forum in Inglewood on the twenty ninth for that Dynamite So there you go. Also in Palm Springs, California, Big Wrestling there.
Speaker 1: Well, now that you know about double or nothing, now you can start grabbing some tickets for the convention.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: So we will be there that weekend, going to the pay per view, and we got a lot of events. I mean, there's so much fun stuff to do in Vegas, so there's plenty of time for you to do fun stuff but also hang out with us. Annual all you can eat dinner at Texas Day Brazil. I think that'll be Friday night. Vinnie and I will be doing a live Q and a live Branon Vinnie show. You can ask questions, we'll do a meet and greet. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Ed's got a pro wrestling show Sweet Party with details of Hey take a look at that on the screen if you're watching on video, there's the graphic Las Vegas Convention twenty twenty four. Yeah, ford w online dot com, Slash Vegas. Sweet Party is noted annual brunch at the Wicked Spoon and you can buy tickets for any of this by going to FW online dot com slash of Vegas F four W online dot com slash Vegas. Don't know about uh group tickets, but we should know imminently and so we will let you know when we know. So that is the.
Speaker 3: Plan Byobu No at the Sweet Party, So Sweet parties there, there'll be plenty fear.
Speaker 1: I mean you can, I mean John and Memphis brings moonshine. Yeah, all right, The Rock and John Sena are both going to be appearing on the Tonight Show on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: April third, The Rock and John Cena, The.
Speaker 1: Rock and Roman Reigns. Thank you, may say, John Cena.
Speaker 3: You know, is it already Friday for you?
Speaker 1: Well know, hey, listen, you know he talking about The Rock and Roman Reigns and John Cena. Okay, so when they were brawling on Monday night in the rain, covered in blood, they just happened to brawl in front of a giant truck with John Cena's massive face. All you could see in the background was John Cena's massive face. Okay. So John Cena has made it clear he wishes he could have a road to WrestleMania. Well, have I got a road? To WrestleMania for John Cena.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be watching Cody's Dog.
Speaker 1: And that is you know, Cody's probably gonna need some people to watch his back on Sunday when all hell breaks loose in that Bloodlin's Rules match, if that is the direction they're going, or Seena could maybe do Saturday Night. If they're gonna have Cody Pinrock. I mean, there's a lot of different ways you can go here, and I don't know which way they're gonna go. Everyone seems to think the rock Is is gonna beat Cody, and my argument is, here's the thing. So sometimes you want to have a match where the fans don't know who's going to win, and sometimes you have a match or the fans know exactly who's going to win, and you essentially tell them and they pay for it because they want to see it and they get it and everybody's happy. This has happened throughout the history of wrestling in promotions all over the world. You're essentially telling people to finish. It's it's not a mystery at all, a flair for the go, and they are doing that here. I mean literally, the storyline is that if Cody doesn't win the title. This is the exact same thing they did in aw except Cody's idnaw was he just never wanted to challenge for the title, which I think he'd double. You know, he thought twice about it later but it was too late. But they're saying if he doesn't beat Roman reigns, he never gets to challenge for the title again. And they did not say against Roman. It's like this is it, you win or you don't get to try again. So they're essentially telling you that he's winning. So what are they gonna do on Sunday? Well, you could have Seth rawlins his team lose Seth and Cody and then they got Bloodline Rules on Sunday. But my problem with that, and maybe they know what they're doing, is that, you know, they've announces Bloodline rules the Rock and Roman can do anything, and I hate that because it's exactly like House Rules matches. Okay, well, if the Rock and Roman can do anything, then the finish needs to be Cody can only win with a six thirty splash. That's it. That's the only way we can win because we can do anything. Rock's gonna be the referee. You know, if he's a referee. Roman can win with a one count, Cody has to get a six hundred count to win. If they can do anything, the whole thing just gets stupid. So I don't like Bloodline rules. I just don't like it. If they had a specific set of rules as I try not to sneeze, then that's fine. But bloodline rules, meaning we can do whatever we want, it makes it stupid. Maybe they got an idea, but you could do some wild bloodline rules and everybody runs in and Seth is there and John Cena shows up as the big surprise and whatever, or Cody pins the Rock in front of his mama gets his revenge on the Rock. Rock, of course, is very upset. Cody goes on to bea at Roman. Cody's gonna be your guy. He's gonna be the top guy in the company, so he should pin the Rock and Roman reigns on the same weekend. Pin the Rock. Rock's angry at Roman. Maybe Romans screwed up leading to it. This leads to your Rock and Roman match. Rock is going to do. This is his plan, and this could all change. He's gonna do one more match and it's with the Roman. Reigns. So what's the point of Rock pinning Cody If Cody in the Rock is not on the books, it doesn't make any sense. I guess you could pin Seth or whatever. But I think that Cody should pin the Rock. That starts to split between Rock and Roman. Now, Roman screwed. I gotta do this with nobody running in, You're further informing the fans, you know, get the show if you're not already, because Cody's winning that title tonight, and you know, you could always have Roman lie, you know, and out comes you know whoever, and then Johnsena makes the save and you do the finish. I mean, you could do that if you wanted to. But that's that's what I would do. But you know what, not my company.
Speaker 3: Or because of the numbers game, you have John Cen out there to offset Solo Socoa on Saturday. Because I think your scenario is the one that makes the most sense, which is Roman in the Rock. There is some sort of miscommunication that happens which leads to Cody getting the pin on the Rock. Now, I guess what you could also do, depending on when you're going to have Seth Rawlins defend that title against Drew, even though it's not I don't think they'll do this and it's not the best idea, but you could take Rawlins out of that match if you decide you're going to do that match on Saturday. You could do that, I guess, if you wanted to, and then have John Cena fill that position, because it's not a downgrade. I don't think for people. They kind of Again, you get the Rock and John Cena in the ring at the same time. You know, you get a huge star. So you could do that that way if you wanted. But I think John Cena's presence out there to offset maybe Solo Socoa as Jay offsets Jimmy, I think that might be the way to go. Now. Is Paul Hayman going to be allowed to be out there with Roman on Sunday?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be interesting as well too. Does he is he well? Is he the advisor? But you know? Or is he part of the bloodline where he if they lose on Saturday he can't be there. That's gonna be interesting as well too.
Speaker 1: I will say that there is a way that I could see the Rock pinning Cody, and that is that Saudi Arabia wants the Rock, and Saudi Arabia has got a lot of money, and perhaps Rock has agreed I will put over Cody in Saudi Arabia, and I will put over the Rock at next year's WrestleMania. Or the Rock can beat Roman reigns, it doesn't matter. Actually, if it were me, I would have Cody beat the Rock in Saudi Arabia if Rock is gonna pin him at the pay per view, and then I would have the Rock do the full babyface turn Rock and Roman reigns just like stings last match, rockets the win, everybody goes home happy. It's not gonna hurt Roman reigns. He's he's a made man. But the thing with the thing with the pinning Cody is, dude, they have put so much heat on him and his mother and the weight belt. I mean, it just feels like you can't do all that and then beat the guy unless you're gonna put him over a month later in Saudi Arabia or something.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't well, it does not now, it doesn't work to me. It just doesn't work that way. And we'll see. Maybe the Rock does do that because Saudi Arabia has thrown so much money at him, But what are the odds? And I know they're slim, but what do you think the odds would be if they posted them in Vegas on Rawlins getting to win over the.
Speaker 1: Rock minus a million back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 10: You get the one and done you want for your dog's monthly protection. Next Guard plus a foxhel Honor, Moxidectin and Pyrantal chewable tablets for tax against fleas tics, heartworm disease, roundworms and hookworms all in one delicious be flavored soft chew. Use with caution and dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders. Dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infection prior to starting a preventive Ask your vet about Next Guard plus chows.
Speaker 9: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill? That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more irs agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand and call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your past tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing.
Speaker 7: Call now eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine. Eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine. That's eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the Tax Helpline.
Speaker 4: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family, call eight ten now have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home.
Speaker 6: Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 7: Call right now, paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four ninety one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 8: Find what you love, Love what you find, a total wine and more the soul.
Speaker 9: Much waiting for you.
Speaker 2: All kinds of thiers and thousands of lines walk right through the door. It's all here to explore with guys in the know.
Speaker 9: And price is so it does my jory your mind.
Speaker 3: You're gonna find.
Speaker 7: What you love and love what you find responsibly.
Speaker 1: Be twenty one.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I just want to make it clear, yeah, that I did not make a mistake at the end of the last segment.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I purposely said minus one million so that I could come here after the break and prove that when I say something wrong, I will correct it. The ode is actually plus one million. Yes, no chance, yes, good thing. I'm going to double or nothing. Maybe I'll do some gambling.
Speaker 3: Be putting some uh some prompt bets down on the aw show. You can be parlaying some things together.
Speaker 1: I don't bet, but I actually I will bet. I bet. This next match is going to be the greatest all right, fans have voted yes yes. Great o'con and Tangaloa will be battling in a Rural Rural Rural Revitalization in Hamamatsu match Rural Revitalization in Hamamatsu match. It will be best of three falls. The first fall ten minute most covers match. Every pinfall attempt results in one point, so we are guaranteed a second round. Second round is a five minute eel eating contest. Whoever can eat the most eel will win that round, and presumably, I mean it could be over at that point, right, Great o'con gets the most pins and then eats more eel, it's over. He is he is the Rural Revitalization in Hamamatsu Champion. But if it goes to a third fall, it will be a strap match. Competitors join with a strap and must touch all four corners. Consecutively.
Speaker 3: Yes, have you ever had eel before? No, I've had it with sushi. It's fine that way in small doses, when you have a bunch of other sushi ins shashimi laid out on your plate. But I don't know about cooked eel. And well, great o'conn is it possible to use the eel as a weapon? These are questions.
Speaker 1: It is an eating contest.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: A travel guide for Hammamatsu reads.
Speaker 3: They've had pie eating contests, and we've seen pies going. Well, what did you do with that?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: This ain't no joke, all right, serious business. A travel guide for Hamamatsu reads, If you hear Hamamatsu, you think of eel.
Speaker 3: You think of garbage, think aboukeem.
Speaker 1: It should be noted that fourteen thousand, seven hundred and four fans fourteen thousand, seven hundred and four great fans. Well, well, actually that's not true. Fourteen thousand, seven hundred four voted, But ten thousand, six hundred and twenty four were great fans who voted for the rural revitalization rules. Approximately four thousand and seventy fans wanted that other stupid stip. What was it like? Last man standing Texas Death match, just death. Yes, it would ask for idiotic. It was a landslide. It was a landslide. So there you go. I'm excited for that match.
Speaker 3: Now if o'conn wins that does he automatically get a shot at the winner of Nito and Sushi.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's it's Nito and Suji, not Sushi. That's why you were confused.
Speaker 3: Suji.
Speaker 1: You definitely said sushi.
Speaker 3: That's what I could have some sushi right now. Maybe I'll go get some after the show.
Speaker 1: Tonight is Dynamite Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Montreal. I do like video where every now and then I roll my rs.
Speaker 3: Incorrectly.
Speaker 1: Let's see how the show's doing. According to wrestle Tics, they've been doing better of late. All right, Montreal, I don't know where it's at. How come there's no update back?
Speaker 3: Is where it's at in Canada?
Speaker 1: I know that, but it's not in Montreal? Yes, well, I googled Montreal and it didn't come up.
Speaker 3: Not the Coca Cola Arena. What do they call it now?
Speaker 1: Over there? All right?
Speaker 3: Telepoint arena something like.
Speaker 1: Quebec Center Videotron is where it is at seventeen tickets. Not bad. They got three hundred and twelve left. And this is the lineup. Chris Statlander, Willow Nightingale, Sky Blue and Anna j Number one Contenders match with Mercedes on commentary. Yes, Swerve Strickland versus Takeshta in what is now being billed as a Number one Contenders match. Good thing we're doing this before these rankings come out. Will Ospray will be facing Katsiori Shibata. We have got the Tag Team Tournament quarterfinal matches with The Best Friends versus Undisputed Kingdom and The Young Bucks versus Private Party. That is the lineup for the show. Should mention that WWE is doing a very very good job in terms of advertising matches lineups in advance. We've already got two segments for Raw Monday, Rock and Roman appearing in di Y versus The New Day or Dy and The New Day versus The Judgment Day. And they've already advised five matches for next week's NXT six days from now. We've got Anderson and Gallows Versusaxim and Nathan Fraser versus Joaquem Wilde and Cruz del Toro. That match sounds awesome. Yeah, for the number one contender ship at the pay per view, Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams will have their final face off Supernova sessions with Lyra and Roxan Soul, Ruka versus Blair Davenport, and Fallon Henley versus j C. Jane. That is the lineup for next week.
Speaker 3: Well, let's be real about this too. If you've been dotting your eyes and crossing your t's and you're booking towards a certain date, which they are with Stand and Deliver, they should have this stuff laid out and ready to go in an idea on what they want to do, and be able to advertise things. Any wrestling promotion should be able to do that only a couple weeks out. So yes, we should give them credit for it because it has been so slapdash in the past, and it is often the case with AEW the same exact thing. But these are things that it's like, Okay, we'll give you a little gold star, but that's all you're really going to get for doing what you should be doing.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm working on a business deal right now that you'll be all pleased to hear about.
Speaker 3: Ooh does it benefit me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: All right, got that handled? All right?
Speaker 3: This is one. This is an all timer right here, brother.
Speaker 1: This show not even close. Have you listened to this show before?
Speaker 3: I try not?
Speaker 1: Isn't even in the top fifty percent of all timer's on this show. All right? Yeah, Tony is just not that Tony Leader texting me repeatedly.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So a couple of notes from the NXT show. Besides that awesome, there was actually a lot of really good stuff I thought on the show, and one of them obviously was the prime target. That was by far the highlight. And the other thing that I loved and I encourage people to watch it is the main event, Alpha Academy versus Bron Breaker and Baron Corbin.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Bron, Dude, this match was great and I've said it before. I proved myself right every time I watch NXT. Bron and Baron are an incredible team. They are being wasted in NXT right now. I know when they call Braun up and start pushing after Mania, it's gonna be as a singles guy. But it makes me sad because.
Speaker 3: Goll Lee don't be Brian. There's a chance that Baron Corbin comes up right there with him. Man, hey, are not partners, they can be associated together.
Speaker 1: I would be totally fine with that. And they they were wrestling Tozawa and Otis, and the story is that if to Otis won, they would end up in the tag match at Stand and Deliver. They did not win. But dude, I'm telling you this.
Speaker 3: This Otis, he stands out so much.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. He is great at being American super porky. Okay, he's fantastic at it. Comedy, silliness, crying over a ham whatever. But there was no comedy from Otis in this match. This was a match where Otis is fighting for a shot at the tag team titles. He's facing Brown Breaker and Baron Corbin and he's decided today I shall be Vader and God when this guy is serious monster. He is great and like bron Breaker and Baron Corban, they're a big powerhouse team and they do all this cool stuff. But then they run into this walking brick wall of pain and then of course, you know Tazawa's you know, he's great, you guys, some of you don't remember Tozawa, this guy used to be two hundred twenty pounds he was a big fat guy. Well maybe two hundred, but like he was a big fat guy, and and I guess like one day, you know, he wanted some motivation to lose weight, right, and then he did like some sort of series where he was gonna lose x amount of weight by the end of the series or whatever. And now he's like one hundred and fifty five pounds and he shredded. So anyway, look up fat Tozawa on the internet you'll be like wow, wow.
Speaker 3: But anyway, didn't have most motivation there for a while.
Speaker 1: So the finish of this match was just like to zau Like. First off, they gave Otis a double power bomb through the announced table and it was like a seismic event when he went through that table. So he's out. And then Portizza was alone in the ring with these two monsters, and he hits this awesome superkick on Baron Corbin and he goes for the pop up Hurricane Rana, but Baron stops him upside down. He power bombs him to death. He hoists him up into the backward role that Wardlow does, but instead of going for another power bomb, he hoists him into the back roll and all of a sudden, Braun comes in and mowed this guy. I mean he sliced him in two with his spear and he pinned him. This match was awesome, absolutely awesome, and when it was over, it's like there's a lot of you know, the match next week, it's gonna be Braun and Baron against either the LWL SO the OC or Nathan Fraser and Axiom. Any of these matches would be good, but it's got to be Nathan Fraser an Axiom.
Speaker 3: I hope so.
Speaker 1: Bron Breaker and Baron KORbin versus Nathan Fraser Axiom. I'm not kidding. That could be the match of the weekend. I mean that would be amazing. So I'm praying, like I prayed for the Rural Revitalization match, I am praying Axiom and Nathan Fraser win this match and they don't do some schmas and end up doing a four way. It's got to be two unto man all the love it part.
Speaker 3: The party afterwards with Carl Anderson, Luke Gallows, bron Breaker and Baron KORbin. That cookout and party afterwards, that could be more fun than anything that takes place with the match. But yeah, I would like to see Axiom and Nathan Fraser just because I think they're a great team. Nathan Fraser can be so perfectly annoying and such a prick because we've seen him obviously be the baby face who can pull off all the moves and get one over on the bad guys. But he's also in this incarnation come across as being able to be very slimy. So it works, and I'd like to see them roll with them some more.
Speaker 1: Chat is just flabbergasted by Fatzawa. Yeah, he learned something.
Speaker 3: New every day.
Speaker 1: Huh. And this person says FW all about rural revitalization, Yeah, we are. What do you think Whale Scout is? Although Whale Scout does something a little bit different, I guess you could consider it rural revital They take stuff that is now, you know, they make it rural again. Is that rural revitalization?
Speaker 3: Yes, this show it is.
Speaker 1: Anyway back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Whale Scout and rural revitalization. To go to my Twitter at Brian albarez x whatever it's called, or you go to Facebook dot com slash whale scout. We're doing a special fundraiser right now to build a rainwater harvesting system. I don't know that is, but seems very important. So all the details are on the Facebook page Facebook dot com slash whale scout, and I'll actually edit that with the exact link here in a moment. But you got any spare change laying around you want to make a donation. It's a tax write off five oh one C three registered five oh one C three whale Scout, much.
Speaker 3: More moral than your organ harvest campaign that you had that one time. But we don't want to talk about that right now.
Speaker 1: I am so disgusted by you. But you can check it out Facebook dot com slash whale scout. It's linked on my Twitter at Brian Albarez. We appreciate everybody's everybody's donations if you have any spare change. And I should note a couple of changes to the schedule this week. The Lancestorm show will not be taking place this afternoon. No lance storm today, but he is he is going to be doing a He's gonna replace Vinnie tomorrow some f forw Rural Revitalization. Vinnie is not around for the Bran and Vinie show where we review a w NXT, so Lance will be doing it tomorrow night, nine Pacific, midnight Eastern. All of this only for subscribers Wrestling Observer dot com, video dot fw onel dot com, so check it out everybody, And that's it one. I think Mike is always callers and listeners ever to the studio back tonight for subscribers Dave Meltzer Wrestling Observer Radio late tonight. Also Wrestlingobserver dot com or video dot fw online dot com. Check it out. Sign up. Fourteen thousand Archive podcasts can't go wrong. Talk to you next time, Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network