Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Shore Trenders. Oh oh, buddy, god, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure his other son canned. Can Dion to be like, you're not mom, bro, I'm not having the same thing that happened to Shador for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah you like, do you mean cand Like.
Speaker 2: I think like he's not represented, Like I think Dion was sort of like representing all of his kids, okay, And he was like, yeah, nah, there.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know. Deon Sanders one of the best NFL football players of our lifetime. Uh played wide receiver and uh was a defensive player, which like never happens, but he was awesome at that and also played baseball. Yeah and uh, but like one of the best defensive players, like one of the best at his position of all time, and has gone on to become was like a big, larger than life personality, kind of like Charles Barkley adjacent, I guess, like kind of controversial character at the time and then big media personality and has gone on to coach the University of Colorado. They are a really fun team. They've had more success than a lot of people expected them to. And his son was his starting quarterback for his two years at Colorado and they had a lot of success, and he looked pretty good and via his you know, he was a big like hype guy. He you know earned it with his career. But he told everybody that his son was going to go like top five, and his son went to top hundred and fifty five. Yeah, and so it was, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it was a bummer for his son five rounds when I said five, when I said top within the first five rounds.
Speaker 1: And like there was also a really shitty thing where like the son of one of the assistant coach for the Atlanta Falcons, the defensive coordinator, like got his hands on the phone number for like their draft room, for for the Sam draft room, and like called him. We're like, hey, it's the Saints, We're about to pick you. So like congratulations because the Saints were on the clock. And then you know, he didn't go for another couple of rounds. So it's real fucked up and yeah, sad story. But also I'm excited to see him prove the haters wrong in the.
Speaker 2: To for like a team that Deon Sanders played for also and just you know, coming from someone from that organization whatever I mean, everyone's like shitting on that kid now, and I think he said sorry, but like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we are shador YouTube prank generation, These dang kids with their YouTube pranks.
Speaker 2: Good luck, good luck in Cleveland. Fam.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's in Cleveland who definitely need a quarterback, but he was the second quarterback that they drafted. So yeah, but I think I think he'll be better than people expect, and he obviously.
Speaker 2: Has a lot to prove. It's more about his mental Like if I can totally see how you'd be defeated by that go falling so far down in the draft when you have such high expectation for yourself. But you we see this a lot with certain players, like that low draft number or that low position in the draft can maybe spark a fire to put yourself.
Speaker 1: And Tom Brady can name every player that was drafted before him, which is like over a hundred.
Speaker 2: Like fucking Aria Stark or some ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exact list. Yeah, but that that fuels the greats. Uh they have personality disordered?
Speaker 2: Yeah, completely unwell men, yes, fuel who just happened to have a very high functioning athletic corpse to act out their egos with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of unwell, men, I do just have to We're not going to talk about it at length, because Miles still hasn't seen episode two of season two of the rehearsal, but this headline blew my fucking mind. So I'm just gonna say the headline. We're not going to talk about it anymore. But Paramount reportedly had no idea Nathan Fielder was going to do that in episode two. If you've seen episode you see the Yeah, that's still it's so funny. I'm this It is a detail that like I wish I knew because that that was my question. I was like, wo how did they get them to fucking sign off on this? And the answer is they did not. But I mean he's always been able to like fuck with corporations at a level that the Democratic Party isn't even willing to do, you know, never what they.
Speaker 2: Even them famously fucking with the corporate with the corporations in a different way.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, they have a lot of power though this is he is but one man and he dumb dumb Starbucks. Yeah, maybe that's it. He just has that escape hatch where he's like, I don't know, I could go to Canada. And make good ship and the government there just like pays you to make.
Speaker 2: Art right right. They helped finance my early work.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: Speaking of art, a Minecraft movie, Miles is a sensation. Uh and with with the youngers, I've even I've talked to you know that this is a thing. A conversation that's always happened in the background among parents is like Jesus, did you see Inside Out too? That that thing was a piece of shit? You know, that that sort of thing. But like also like when there's a good one, you're like, hey, the Sonic movies actually pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going without my kids tonight.
Speaker 1: That a Minecraft movie is supposedly I've heard and I have not seen it yet, but my kids loved it, which they love most movies they've ever seen, but they fucking love a Minecraft movie. They see Minecraft movie with Who did they see with their friend?
Speaker 2: Like they did they sit? Did they behave?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I don't want to don't I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Were they okay? Yeah, I think they behaved? They think there are more the type of people are just like you can't get their attention while they're watching a movie let alone, like them trying to like do something else.
Speaker 2: They're just like a little kit So yeah, the warming glow of the screen. Yes, yes, take all the attention.
Speaker 1: But they loved it, Like it was to the point that they had an extra day off school and like all of they were like all of our friends have seen this shit, like we need to see this movie or else we can't talk to people anymore. So yeah, but they loved it. And now Warner Brothers is trying to get another round of people to watch the movie or rewatch the movie by doing a special block party screening series of screenings in which people are encouraged to sing and talk along with the movie because the movie's very heavily memed and like, the screenings have been notoriously loud and full of people throwing popcorn at the screen and shit like that, which sucks for theater employees. Yeah, I guess they're baking that in to the into the price of admission. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they are probably not still the same.
Speaker 1: I don't know, y'all, you guys will figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe this does feel like an opportunity for a group outing to just go if the shows are actually filled out with kids, because I'm wondering at that point, is this going to actually like re energize the box office for them?
Speaker 1: Do we bring the kids or are we going as adults surrounded by streaking.
Speaker 2: Adults to really upset the parents that are there with their kids. To when it's always weird and adults just came in and why are they filming everyone?
Speaker 1: When the Lego movie first came out, I went and saw that and I was like, the only it was before I had kids, And I was like, God, damn, I either need to like have kids or just like shielding your eyes, like walking into the ocean with rocks in my pockets, Like this is like, don't to just be here by myself as an adult with like a bunch of parents and there.
Speaker 2: It does suck, Like in that context, immediately, who's this guy, who's this guy? Who's this guy? Who's the guy who's he with? What you doing here with all these kids?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know. Uh. The writer Charles Romesco suggested that this was basically the popcorn throwing equivalent of a safe injection site. He responded to the article, announcing it by saying looking deep within and concluding that that that my belief in safe injection sites means I must support this on principle as well. That's roscot into the crevasse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, and what's the equivalent of having narcan too?
Speaker 1: Just having a parent there to just yank yourself yank your ass out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: This is also I mean, this is happening with all the you know, Wicked and the concert movies where it's just like everybody's singing at the top their lungs, so you have to like create special screenings for you Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like it's like then they realized, like, oh right, people are gonna sing in this, all right? What if we do as singing? Like I remember, like, was it the Greatest Showman Too? Did that? Oh yeah? And I was so I didn't realize how big.
Speaker 3: That movie was.
Speaker 2: I'm like, is this justified? And then cut to people loving it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, Hugh Jack butt up, bah bah bah. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some shocking news about the Biden administration. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back we're back.
Speaker 1: And yeah, So for over a year, Biden and his administration repeatedly claimed working tirelessly, despite the fact that not being tired isn't the characteristic anybody associates.
Speaker 3: With Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, true, They just.
Speaker 1: Had to they had to come up with like they were like this kills two birds with one stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked like that because he's running himself ragged trying to get a ceasefire deal in place. And I think anybody who was present and observed the news over the course of the you know, from October seventh on, and you're like, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like seem like it not like Israel is indicating any sort of intention to stop. Or you know, either you're like behind the scenes and they're just fucking ignoring you while pretending that they're listening to you, or you're lying, and it turns out it is the latter. They were lying. Because so there's this new article from drop site News that is translating a bombshell investigation by Israel's Channel thirteen that is revealing that the Biden administration was just completely apathetic on the whole genocide issue, and we're completely just like lying to our faces. The wildest part of this report for me is a former Israeli ambassador claimed that quote, God did the State of Israel a favor that Biden was the president during this period because Israel fought in Gaza for over a year and the administration never came to us and said cease fire. Now, it never did, and that's not to be taken for granted.
Speaker 2: To have that worded as some kind of like gratitude journaling sentence is so vile.
Speaker 4: To hear, so disgusting, like they're even like, whoae, I thank god that it was Joe Biden, who is so indifferent to genocide.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Yeah, I mean again every time, and it continues to this day that there's still non stop military operations happening regardless for any any consideration for innocent human life. And yeah, I think the closest thing we got was when we heard Biden might pause certain weaponshipments and then kept other ones going. That was like the closest we got. Everything else was like, oh, he talked to BBNN and Yahoo, and yeah, he talked to him and agreed with everything that was happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were reportedly talks about Biden giving a speech to quote pressure Israel politically, which might trigger quote elections there, and then Biden ultimately quote backed off, back off Joe. The Biden administration also shielded Israel from allegations of war crime he saw that, prompting a major backlash from staffers in the State Department. This was actually reported on already, but lawyer Stacey Gilbert resigned in protests because she was like, they're basically covering up war crime times for Israel at a time when the world is crying out for somebody to fucking do something. And according to Biden's own officials, NETNA who deliberately tanked hostage negotiations fearing a deal would force him to end the war. And just at one point, guys, Biden, Biden hung up on it. He said, he called him full of s H I M during a phone call ship and hung up on him full of sugar, And he hung up on him, and he then just continued to support him and resumed weapons.
Speaker 2: This is such a this is such a fucking stain on the country and such a stain on the Democrats.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable that they're I mean, it's not unbelievable. The easiest thing right now is to be like, Okay, let's listen to the working class. Okay, clearly like there's some sugar energy there, but like we can get over the working class part and maybe bring some equity to like working people. But like when it comes to like imperial and the brutalization of no, no, no no, that's just something we're not going to be able to do. However, they don't realize how many people look at what's happening, are intelligent enough to connect the dots, and how deflating that is to see. Yeah, and will not. I'm sure they are not going there. This is going to this is just going to be this thing that they continue to are.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean this is a great opportunity for AOC because I mean, like AOC during her d NC speech, basically parroted all all this shit. You know that working tirelessly. I think she specifically said the line working tirelessly like Harris and Biden are working tirelessly to get a ceasefire. The Harris campaign then used that in promotional TikTok posts in order to quote when over younger left leaning voters concerned about Gaza. Let's a lie that with this talking point. So a lot of people like Matt Lek wrote A good a time any for AOC to apologize for the ceasefire lie and throw Biden and Harris into the past where they belong. It just seems very straightforward. Just coming out and saying I was wrong, they lied is truly feels like the least she could do, and anything less than that, it really does start to feel like the same old DNC bullshit status quo.
Speaker 2: This is the thing too, there's polling that shows even Democratic voters want the opposite of the status quo. And I think largely the status quo is to still fear outside spending against you if you take a position that goes against an interest group or lobby like APAK or something, you know what I mean, Like kat Abu Gazola, who's running in Illinois again, I mean like formally against Crows the show. She Nope, doubt she's Palestinian. She's very outspoken about what her positions are, and she even like in talking to her about like what the campaign was, She's like, yeah, APAX probably is gonna throw a ton of money trying to like get like knock me out of this race. But again, all of these people who are coming as outsiders. There's even another guy in New York who's running for mayor who's also very outspoken. He's completely unshook by being like, I'm going to stand on the fact that I believe, you know, like Palestinian people deserve to not be indiscriminately killed and have you know, a shot to live a normal life. This is like, these are the sort of things that I think make someone different, is to be able to speak without the fear of what outside spending is going to do if you if you preemptively cave to outside spending, you've already compromised any beliefs you have. That's the guy zorin mom Danni is the guy who's running for mayor who's also just just just saying it, just being like, this is why are we doing this? It doesn't even have to be an argument as specific broadly just to appeal to people's sense that, you know, we really shouldn't be having a hand and just arming a state that is just hell bent on killing innocent people. That's just like a bad as a waste of money. Yeah, no for real, like, and then they can use all the other talking points they want to paint you as some kind of like weird sympathizer with terrorism. But again, you're just talking about broadly.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: I think this is the other thing when somebody like progressive ideas, we're just talking about human rights, right, you know, and not fearing interest groups coming to you know, spend you into the ground because you say universal health care these other things, or Palestinians deserve rights. That's the kind of upending of the status quo we desperately need. And to have people still straddling I get that that's just how the machine works. And you are looking at it like, yeah, because I'm sure Apak would spend every dollar they had to just completely vaporize AOC if she said something like that. But you also have to trust that maybe saying that we'll bring more interest to your campaign from people who have you know, who are looking for something that seems like it's going to be something different than what we've been offered every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of people fighting for the status quo, Canada has elected I mean, so they didn't elect the most conservative option, so that's good for them. They they elected their new prime minister, who is Mark Carney, who was already he was just like Trudeau's successor, and it's a pretty shocking turn of events. When Trudeau resigned, the election was basically like he resigned because his party was like they were getting smoked and the election seemed like a layup for the Conservatives. But as we've covered before, Trump basically changed everything, and the Conservative leader, Pierre Paulyiever, whatever, how are the fuck you? I'm never gonna have to pronounce Median listeners we are, That's how American we are. Sometimes we're Pierre Pouliver. He just didn't push back on trump Ism the way that Carney did. H He also like trump Ism was so toxic that we talked about how the Liberal Party actually was putting out fake Trumpish buttons at the Conservative events to make it seem like they were more trumpy than they actually were, just because that's how like fucking toxic Trump's brand is inside Canada. The Conservative guy who was running for prime minister lost his own seat to the Liberals, which is pretty humiliating.
Speaker 2: He even tweeted on the day of the election, like Donald Trump, stay out of our elections and it's like, yeah, you're cook it.
Speaker 1: Tell already, Tell him, buddy, tell him, Steve Dave. But so the bad news is that the election was also catastrophic for the more progressive NDP party. So they're basically doing what the US did when you know, twenty twenty very scared of Trump and just trying to get the fuck away from him and being like, well, we've got to go with the safer option. And so even though they have a NDP party that is like progressive and actually left leaning, basically NDP voters were so scared about Trump and what would happen with a conservative government and power that they just caved and voted liberal. And the liberal or the actual like kind of left leaning party is projected to lose seventeen of their twenty four seats, which will cost they won't even be an official party because that's so bad. The guy yag Meet Singh, who we've talked about before, was like a guy was like, boo, you're a loser, dude, And he was like, would you say say that to my face? And the guy like was like, I didn't say it, dude, I would never lie about this. I did not say anything even that, like got uh, he got truce and lost his seat and resigned as a leader on election night. So it just feels like, I don't know. Trump's power is like this version of Americanism that is like spreading like a virus where like everybody's like Jesus christ Man, well we can't can't have that. But like it's also people keep making the mistake of trying to fight Trumpism with neoliberalism. And Trumpism is a response to neoliberalism.
Speaker 2: Right, but then but neoliberalism takes Trump as a gift to be like, oh great, but you kick the can down the road because we'll go. You don't want it to be like this. We don't want this guy here. I mean, just the historical lessons are so clear, you know, like when you talk about how you get into fascism, Like even though our current like form of American fascia, quasi fascism, whatever you want to call it, isn't really like anything else before it, the road to it mirrors the others pretty perfectly, you know what I mean. Terrible economic conditions lead to hyperinflation, Banking systems start getting strained or collapse. You have fucking food shortages, terrible unemployment, and then that rolls the red carpet out for fascism. And this was the case in both Germany and Italy after the First World War. I mean, and in those instances too, you had a bunch of unemployed soldiers who are just kind of being like, I need something to do.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: So again, the lesson I think is it's in America, we do a.
Speaker 1: Great job of taking care of our soldiers so.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, and they're not up to anything once they get out either. But I mean, I think again it's the ignoring of the inequality that leads you straight there, just straight there. Like I said, I think we were saying this the last time when the polls started to shift after Trump to Canada. Don't just kick the can down the road. I mean, I now know that maybe the wrong people are empowered to really change the status quo. But you like, we're we're losing our soul here because we didn't address inequality in a way that was tangible. And that's really that's it's just right, it's right there, it's right there, Canada.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking Canada is four years behind the US in terms of like the political reaction to all this shit. And I'm hoping Mexico is like eight years ahead because they've they've had a actual reaction that deals with neoliberalism head on that you know, not perfect, but definitely.
Speaker 2: At least acknowledges.
Speaker 1: Yeah that maybe definitely complex, says, but yeah, they at least are acknowledging what the problem is, which is good. All Right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, April twenty ninth. We're back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines way still can, get your flu shots still can. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite Bite,