Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yo, yo, yeah, yeah, where's the music? I don't hear the music.
Speaker 2: Music's not gonna be ready for you. I can't hear myself.
Speaker 1: Gotta plug in your headphones. Got it there?
Speaker 2: You go? Now try it again, yo yo?
Speaker 1: Is it working? No, it's frozen for the minute. Okay, Well, how are we going to do the intro without the music?
Speaker 2: We never do it right away anyways, I know, but.
Speaker 1: This time I wanted to do it right away. I want to switch things up on you. Since it's Friday, I was like, do something different.
Speaker 3: And guys check out the Instagram. Actually won't be posted anymore, but I did a picture of when Lunchbox and Arnold signed his internship deal for two hundred dollars. I put a picture up there on our Instagram. But it'll already have been deleted in eras.
Speaker 1: You can always repost it, true, so we'll repost it.
Speaker 3: We'll throw it up there again. It's a phenomenal picture. I'm glad that we're able to capture it. People do engagement photos. This was the moment he signed his deal. It's pretty cool, pretty cool thing.
Speaker 1: Would you like me to tell you about how happy I am right now?
Speaker 2: Is it about Kansas.
Speaker 1: No, it's no. Kansas is like they're done, like they they got taken out bat they're dead, like it's over, Like we'll be back next year. We'll see in the fall when college basketball starts again. They're not any any longer a factory. We don't need to talk about them. Let's do the intro, and I'm gonna tell you about my frustration.
Speaker 3: Are you a San Antonio Spurs fan because Popovich coached at Kansas.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a San Antonio Spurs fan because everybody liked Jordan and the Bulls in the nineties when they were a kid. But then I also I worked for the San Antonio Spurs when I was in college at the University of Texas at San Antonio, and once I was around the organization, it was first class, and I was like, this is where my heart lies.
Speaker 2: How's it going? Man new Hey, mister Janobili, Hello, mister dunk.
Speaker 1: Man the Twin Towers. Hey Parker, how you doing man? You're a rookie. I'm a rookie too. My first game? Your first game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Cool? You want to play one on one? Cool? Eva Longoria, would you like to play this game? Pin the tail? On the Coyote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was when we moved to the AT and T Center. That was not at the Alamo Dome, just so you know, that's when it all went down.
Speaker 3: So Boomer was wanting to go to the sweet sixteen or is it just the final fourth in San Antonio?
Speaker 2: Final four?
Speaker 3: So Boomer's going to go to the arena. How far is the arena from the river walk?
Speaker 1: About a block?
Speaker 2: Two blocks, three blocks.
Speaker 1: It's right down there, it is. Yeah, it depends on where on the riverwalk you are, but there's different excess points, but it's right by it.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell him to walk to it.
Speaker 1: He's really going to the final four.
Speaker 2: No, oh, they're coming back here.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you would say the sweet sixteens in San Antonio.
Speaker 1: No, no, gotcha, Nope, just final four man, final four, National Championship. And you can sit way up there where you can't even see if you want to sit go to the final four.
Speaker 3: It My seventeen year old nephew is going to a final four. Before me, I would go jump off that bridge.
Speaker 2: That would suck. Uh. Do I know anybody?
Speaker 1: I know some people have been to the final four, but I can't think of anybody off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: I had buddies one time in college.
Speaker 3: They go, hey, you want to go to the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden And I was like, no, man, I'm not a Big East fan. Dude, Why did I go to that? Twenty years later? Probably should have gone to that.
Speaker 1: That'd been pretty cool. I'm an idiot, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Grandma and Grandpa went to Kimper Arena a lot to watch the Big Twelve Championship.
Speaker 2: I think it was Kimper Arena.
Speaker 1: I don't know where they played, but they went to the Big Twelve title a lot and I never went. That's pretty cool, good story. Let's start it all.
Speaker 2: Right, We're gonna do it live.
Speaker 1: Arnold.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Thank you my friend. How have you been?
Speaker 1: How was spring break? Oh?
Speaker 2: Bunny Blue was as advertised?
Speaker 1: Did you do some plumbing for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you guys heard about those one thousand guys. I was one thousand and one. Wow.
Speaker 1: Way to make those plumbers proud man.
Speaker 2: You guys stated that can kuon resort right. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty cool man. Good thing you didn't go to Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: They're still investigating that.
Speaker 1: I know that one's weird. I still don't understand. Are you gonna start it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do it, Livenold.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you look at me like I was crazy?
Speaker 3: Because I was thinking about if I was gonna mention anything about the Costa Rica stuff. But I'm just not going to thank you, cuz three days before the fourteen year old died, Brett Gardner's son, they ate at a restaurant. It was the exact restaurant that I was trying to get Basier to stay at the hotel this summer. Oh, but that's not necessarily the restaurant that made him sick. That restaurant has come out, Lot Mary Posa the Butterfly. They have come out and said they ate three days before the kid fell ill at our restaurant. Get off us. The food poisoning came from another restaurant. They already came out in the public and said that get our name out your mouth. Lot Mary Posa is five star, beautiful views and monkeys.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Arnold, Are you ready all right?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: The one? Two? Three sore losers?
Speaker 2: What up? Everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 1: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much.
Speaker 3: A sports genius, y'all, it says. And I'm from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the North side of Nashville with baser, a Broadway girl, my wife. We have two point two acres. Die of a heart attack when I'm seventy two white picket fence. It is golf, Susan. It's seventy degrees, coach. It's been phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's been awesome. It's a great time to go golfing, dude. It's so beautiful outside and it's gonna beautiful except for this weekend where it's supposed to rain tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to rain.
Speaker 1: Sunday, so don't try to go golfing on Saturday or Sunday. But that's okay. But you know we do have tomorrow Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, March Madness.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have March Madness Tomorrow Ray. But we have something even bigger, better, more important.
Speaker 2: Day four Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: I would be day well, it'd be day five because you had two days over in Japan. Then they came back and they've played and you know what's stupid is that today, after all the teams played yesterday. They give ninety percent of the teams the day off today, So dumb and.
Speaker 3: I just want to say this so it's on record, the Dodgers will be the greatest team in the history of Major League Baseball. The record is one hundred and seventeen wins I believe, set by the Seattle Mariners in two thousand and three. The Dodgers will win over one hundred and seventeen games per the statistical season. They can lose two games a week. Do the math forty weeks. It's less than that thirty five weeks. Even less than that, they would have to go one hundred. It's one hundred and seventeen and forty five, so they can lose forty five games, So there must be twenty something weeks. They can lose two games a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might want to look out because Mookie Betts is sick. He has not He's been losing weight rapidly, so I don't know what is wrong with him. So that already hurts them. They're pitching. They seem to always get hurt, so you might want to watch out for that. Kershaw's go for about three starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yamamota just called He'll be fine and you'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: Great point.
Speaker 3: And also they have Tescar Hernandez, Max Muncy Do, Freddie Freeman, Choey Betts, Bets hurt with a hurt that doesn't matter, Will Kirby Roll, Will Smith?
Speaker 1: Would you like me to tell you what's going on tomorrow? Tomorrow's a big day, man.
Speaker 2: Ray, I'm getting a divorce Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At nine am. Baby Box three will take the field for the first time in the history of his life for his soccer game.
Speaker 2: Kid, run out there with your wingspread.
Speaker 1: For the last three years he's been throwing fits on the sidelines because he could never get in the game because he wasn't old enough. He watched brothers play baseball, basketball, soccer, and he.
Speaker 2: Wanted to do all of them.
Speaker 1: And it is now come to the point in his life where he is three years old and that is old enough to kick the old soccer ball around.
Speaker 2: Kid, go on the pitch, don't be Keith. Was he a soccer coach or just baseball?
Speaker 1: Baseball? Basketball?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Specialized, Yeah, specialized. I knew him as a baseball coach, but he used to coach basketball.
Speaker 3: Did he dabble in the running. How did you become a runner? I was just a runner naturally. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kids don't want to see those legs. Flies start running.
Speaker 1: I became a runner because in fifth grade they were having a city wide competition and it was a mile race, and my buddy, Russell Valdez was in sixth grade and he was doing it, and the sixth graders ran before the fifth graders and he ran and he didn't get a He didn't get a trophy. And I was like, dude, why didn't you get a trophy? And he goes, it's harder than you think. Gotta be top ten. I was like, well, I'm gonna get a trophy.
Speaker 2: Kid. I'll train you on the trails.
Speaker 1: And so I went out, got top ten, got a trophy.
Speaker 2: Can I tell a top ten running story? Goes quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In middle school I never ran with a school before, but sixth grade I said I'll do track that I don't have to work on the weekends with my dad, And so I ran and they said the first top ten made me think of it. Get the best jumpsuits. Get the very brand new Saratoga Middle School jumpsuits.
Speaker 2: They just got them they only got ten Saratoga. Those were legit back in the day.
Speaker 3: Some women, some men, they're gonna be purple. They got just baggy dope. It's like what is Drew brand Bieber? These are just like those and so for they told us months before, and I thought, why don't I just train for it? I could easily finish top ten, But nobody knew I was a runner because I hadn't run younger, and so I was like, why don't I just train? So for months I trained for this, And this is when I first learned how to what is it.
Speaker 2: Called when you? Is it? When you you groundhog? What's the animal? Start? Bag it? I don't know that.
Speaker 3: This is when I learned to sand bag it. So we'd be at school with kids, would say, hey, you guys been getting ready for a track?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, not getting ready?
Speaker 3: Oh did you hear top ten gets a jumpsuit? Oh that's nuts. Yeah, I ain't training. What do you think I'm crazy? So the whole two months I acted like I hadn't been training. I'd been narrowing my time down. I got it from it was a mile, so I got it from ten minutes to nine to eight.
Speaker 1: To really moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I improved four minutes over two months.
Speaker 3: Day came, we did the mile run and it was through the city, so it wasn't exact miles like one point five. Finished up top ten, probably number eight, and all the teachers blown away, Oh my gosh, how did you finish top ten? Everybody in school since what are you a runner? And that's when I learned, guys work in silence. The stuff you put on Instagram. You don't always got to put out your workouts on Instagram. Nobody knew that I was.
Speaker 1: Working out for two months and I easily finished top ten.
Speaker 2: When were you a runner?
Speaker 1: I had been the past two months, dumbass. I wanted like none of y'all trained for a brand new suit.
Speaker 2: Dude. It was simple. I would crush to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you're doing behind closed doors, that's when you're gonna getting better. Going to practice with your team, that's just that's surface level stuff. If you want to get better, you got to go in the backyard and practice. So anyway, tomorrow morning we will be out there, and as the coach, you know, I'm not gonna let him go out on his first soccer game and not be the coach, and so he will be getting the start. I mean, I may be a little biased, but I will be playing him in the starting lineup.
Speaker 2: Go get him, Rinaldo.
Speaker 1: And so I decided, Hey, we should have a team meet up, you know, get to know the team. Hey, introduce each other. Hey, nice to meet you. It's good to see what's your name? Because these kids, I don't know if they know each other. They'll go to the same little school, but do they really know each other. I don't know who the parents are. Just so they know who I am.
Speaker 2: Guys want to grab a drink Germantown.
Speaker 1: So Tuesday night, I said five point thirty at the park the pub, and I told them a week in advance, and everybody's all on board. We're gonna get pizzas. We'll bring pizzas. It'll be a great time. Four o'clock Tuesday, the texts start rolling in, see you next Tuesday. Sarah, Charlie can't make it, Malcolm can't make it, Billy can't make it, Samantha's not gonna be able to make it tonight.
Speaker 2: Don't like pizza.
Speaker 1: We ended up we have eleven kids on the roster. We had eight cancelations.
Speaker 2: It was you in the boxes.
Speaker 1: It was me and one two other kids on the team, and.
Speaker 2: A homeless guy.
Speaker 3: Hey, brother, you spare uslize I always liked the squares then crust, please brother.
Speaker 1: But my whole thing is you knew all week you weren't coming. We waited until four o'clock, an hour and a half before saying, oh, we're not gonna be able to make it. We could have just canceled it. If you didn't want to do it in the first place, just say hey, I don't want to do it. I don't want to do the team meet up. I think it's a waste of time. And I would have totally understood. So that's fine. But we still had pizza. We were still at the park having a good time. And that's when the weird guy shows up.
Speaker 2: I beat you to the punch.
Speaker 1: You stole my story. Man, if it's a park in Nashville, trust me, you're not alone. We got the pizza over there, and this guy comes over.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, I'd.
Speaker 1: Really like a piece of pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh, this kid meet up couldn't have gotten better.
Speaker 1: And we're like, yeah, man, you want to come?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind you got? We got pepperoni and cheese. I'll take pepperoni, all right.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: He's like, what do you guys doing. What's the celebration? You kids stay in school, brother, don't end up like me. And we said, oh, you know, it's uh this soccer team meet up. And he was like, oh, I'm not a fan of soccer.
Speaker 2: Oh buddy, you got to play the part. You're eating their pizza.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, I just I never I never let my kid and his kids with him.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa. There was a kid at the park with his dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were both very strange.
Speaker 2: Oh I assumed he was a vagrant. Well they may have been. It was a kid vagrant with his papa. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he was like, I never let my son play soccer.
Speaker 2: And we're like, oh, that's too bad.
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, I'm just I just don't uh, I don't agree with violence against women.
Speaker 2: Well got a point there, what's the point. I don't get it?
Speaker 1: How am I what he's talking about rugby? I'm like, what's he talking about?
Speaker 2: Domestic abuse?
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, we haven't play soccer too, and he goes, yeah, I'm not going to do it though, I'm not going to socker.
Speaker 2: Well it's not used like that, right, No, he.
Speaker 1: Goes sock her violence against women. I'm like, oh my god, wow, dude, he went with a domestic of violence joke. I had no idea what he was talking about. And we were all just like, oh, and your wife there, My wife's there, and then you give him a courtesy laugh. Wife gave him the courtesy laugh, and that's when he was like, I'm in and cousin Andrew, and I said no, oh, he was there. And we went other side of the playground. How's Andrew's tickets been looking? Are you able to get him some tickets to the kids game? And I give him tickets that game, but the Reds game yesterday that was all on his own.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so Andrew and I we go to the other side of the playground and I see the wife stuck there and she comes up to me later she's like, oh my god, he gave me five more dad jokes after that, because I gave him the courtesy laughed on the soccer and she doesn't remember the jokes. She's like, I didn't try to try not to pay attention. I was just trying to get out of there, and you and Andrew just left me. I'm like, yeah, we saw it out. You were cornered. We're gone. Then he's over at the monkey bars and he's helping his kid with the monkey bars.
Speaker 3: Here's where I got asked the question. Let me butt in. Are you allowed to play on the equipment with your kids?
Speaker 2: You can? Okay? Do parents do that? Some? All? Right?
Speaker 1: You played Chase, play tag, you know, run up, and I allowed with baby Boomer Buddha Boomer to get on the monkey.
Speaker 3: Bars with him. Okay, so it's not weird. They guy, vagrant and vagrant kid are on the monkey bar, right.
Speaker 1: They're just having a good time. Here's where it gets really awkward. And I don't understand that this guy is like social.
Speaker 2: Etiquette, ray slap my wife.
Speaker 1: But he's helping his kid get on the monkey bars and baby box too goes, oh, you have a he had a boot on. He goes, oh, you broke your foot and he goes, no, I didn't. He goes, yeah, you got you got a cast on your foot. He goes, no, it's a boot and he goes, oh, but then what happened to your You know, if it's not broken, why do you wear a boot? And he goes, oh, I got to cut on my toe and it got infected and I had to have a toe amputated.
Speaker 2: Whoa, this guy's had a bad run of it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, just say you have broken foot, Like, there's no need to let the kid like go into detail about you chopping off your toe.
Speaker 3: To the kid, he doesn't need to learn about the anatomy, right, he doesn't need to know.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, so they had to cut off my toe, and so then my son's freaking out.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, save the aids.
Speaker 1: Talk Hey, man, like, I understand that you didn't actually break your foot, but for a five year old, just say you broke your damn foot.
Speaker 3: Hey, would you not mind breaking down the COVID novel Coronavirus.
Speaker 2: I'll explain that in five years.
Speaker 1: I don't need my son worried because now he's like, Dad, look, I have a cut on my arm. Does that mean I got to cut my arm off? What are you gonna break down?
Speaker 3: Justin's job do an electro physiology, not today vagrant.
Speaker 1: And after he told him he had to cut off his toes, Like, guys, we get hey, this team meet up. Hey, it was a pleasure, guys, it was nice seeing another two kids. We gotta go. Let's pack up the Should we leave the pizza for that guy? No, let's get the hell out of here. And so we packed up the pizza and we went home. That was the team meet up. So it was bad to start, and then it got worse by the awkward dude. Why do people have to be so weird and awkward?
Speaker 2: They are?
Speaker 3: And that must be his tool belt. He has dad jokes and then he goes hardcore serious talk about a foot injury.
Speaker 1: Now, just gloss over it. Say you're wounded, Hey, kid, let's play. I said, I mean, hey, you got a broken foot. You don't really have a broken but just say broken foot. Don't say they had to chop off a toe.
Speaker 3: Man. Well, I lost a toe drunk on Broadway. I was thrown in the drunk tank and they said I was gonna lose my whole.
Speaker 2: Foot or a toe. I chose the toe. Yeady, he lost his toe.
Speaker 1: Just say you like boots, who cares, it's a kid, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, end it. Morgan looked in but oh, she wasn't saying that.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo, listen before we go on, I forgot to do something.
Speaker 2: Hold on, are you hearing yourself? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You gotta plug it into that headphone jack right there? You see it, Yop. We are in a studio we've never been in. It's really weird. It's two microphones and you face the wall, so I'm not even looking at Ray Like it's so strange.
Speaker 2: He's still my left. We don't have any music or anything.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is really weird. Like should we keep going or should we just wait?
Speaker 2: Oh? It's rocket ed. Man.
Speaker 1: I just want to say I should have started the show with this, but I gotta say Happy seventieth birthday to my father today. He came into this world seventy years ago and he has been kicking butt ever since. So happy birthday, Dad. I don't like the number seventy. It's a little weird, but uh, you are seventy years old and that's freaking crazy.
Speaker 3: So happy birthday, Happy bday, Pops. Thanks so much for coming doing the podcast. Times you've done it. You always give us those awkward stares. I don't know if you approve of what we're saying. You disagree with us a lot. You come in with good points though, and that you've carried the podcast at times or in vacation because you do the Box Family pod.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you just look at us, probably because you can't hear us because his hearing is not the best. But you say something, you look at him and he's just like, is he looking at me because he can't hear me? Is he not saying anything because he doesn't have anything to say, or he's just an idiot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And also some people that aren't in the radio industry. That's why I don't think my dad. I think my dad would do a lot of pauses as well because he doesn't understand you always have to fill the dead air. You can do good thoughts, but you have to have filler sentences like at the end of the day, would you ever.
Speaker 2: Say that in real life?
Speaker 3: No, but you say it on a podcast because it gives you time to say your next thing. You can also say, well, lunch, the reality of it is and you're basically saying nothing, but that gives you two seconds to think of what your next reality is that you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: When I look at it this way, that gives you time to come up with what way you're gonna look at it. I look at it. From that point of view. I can see your point. I mean, it makes no sense, it's just hogwash. But you're just it's sort of like when you have an essay for when you had a test and it was essays. If you just restate the question, you are basically getting some kind of points because you're restating what they said. So it's obviously something to do with that. So just restate the question. You already got these five points on the essay test. South Beach told me the exact same thing. We had a was it a physics? Not physics?
Speaker 3: It was when you it's a psychology and he goes, Hey, one of my buddies back in the day told me that you just ask yourself questions when you're doing what did I say? Psychology? Yeah, yeah, psychology. So it was I believe it was Eric Stottle and stuff. So he goes, if you ever just run out of something to say, go is that really what it is?
Speaker 2: Is that what he was thinking?
Speaker 3: You just ask a question and he goes, it makes you think that you're deep and you're pondering it, and it usually did Well, I have a question, I can't say it was a guarantee, but I didn't fail.
Speaker 1: Is Aristotle philosophy or psychology throw it out there. I don't know. I don't know which one is. I think it's philosophy. Is that, well, you hear.
Speaker 2: Something the event is cooking.
Speaker 1: You can hear I don't hear anything.
Speaker 2: I heard it moaning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, I mean, I think it might be philosophy on that psychology because my roommate John in call it is it is. He changed his major from criminal justice to philosophy just because he found out criminal justice was going to take four and a half years, so he got a philosophy degree. And he would come home and have the stupidest arguments I've ever had in my life. He'd be like, hey, dude, how do you know you're not asleep right now? That's deep chess day and no, not not chess day. We'll get to chess day in a minute. I'm disappointed in his behavior. No, he would be like, how do you know you're not dreaming right now? I'm like, that's just stupid, and he goes, no, oh, well, argue, tell me how you know you're awake. He was trying to debate he was trying to debate because he was that's what he had just learned in his philosophy class. And I was like, I don't care about your philosophy class. I don't want to sit here and argue about it. He's like, yeah, you would pass philosophy.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Reminded me of my debate class in college. I only did one because I was going to be on Big Brother and I thought I got to be better at debate. And one of the guys on Big Brother, Eric Barry, his name was Eric. He said he took debate, and I go, well, I got to take debate and Calle that.
Speaker 1: Young kid Corey that was on a couple of seasons ago. He went to Bandy. He was a debate dude.
Speaker 3: So that's what it is. And I learned a lot in debate. But the one thing I didn't do great at debate. One of my final debates, some kids in school taught me about adderall. I'd gone my entire college car without.
Speaker 1: Doing adderall, and the day before the debate, they said, hey, it'll really help you think, concentrate, and you'll be really intense and focused.
Speaker 2: So I just took, like we.
Speaker 3: Call it a note Jay, just a portion of an adderall. At the time, my ex girlfriend had a subscription whatever you call it, prescription, and so I took the half adderall. Debate went well, we won ace the class. Everything was great, except for after the class. I stayed after and talked to the professor for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Bro. I never even talked to the guy in an entire semester.
Speaker 3: Oh look at the time, man, Uh, that's why you never take an adderall.
Speaker 2: Bro. I debated with Bro for forty five straight minutes.
Speaker 1: I gotta be bro with you. I've never had an adderall.
Speaker 2: I've never had it.
Speaker 1: I've never needed it. I don't think I needed.
Speaker 2: It, dude.
Speaker 3: It's you're You're fine. The thing that adderall does. You have conversations that in the moment are great, and you're great it. Actually you come up with words. You're doing all these filler words. Man, you're you're just a genius. But the next day I probably shouldn't have that conversation. You're open to having conversations and going really in depth in conversations that really have no business even really going into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just want to make sure we said happy birthday to my dad. And then I just got a real text that's gonna really it's really stupid, and I don't even know how to respond because I told you baby Box three has this first soccer game tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: We already covered that well.
Speaker 1: We have a group text for all the parents on the team, and one of the parents just texted, Hey, coach, can you text me the address of where the game is valid? No, it's not valid. You went to the website to sign up for the league. Just go to that website and look at what the address is.
Speaker 3: Do you not realize what a coach is. A coach is a conduit to make these parents lives easier. Can you give my kid a ride?
Speaker 2: Hey? Two hours of childcare for free? Go to practice?
Speaker 3: Great, you're just making parents lives easier, that's them. You're being used.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I can't believe you can't look up where the game is at when it's at the same spot every week. It's the same place you signed up.
Speaker 3: You ever think back if you had a parent if no teeth, keith, kid, I'll take care of all the time parents use no teeth, Keith, What do you mean, kid? I love doing it. The rides, the quick meals, the three hours of childcare homework, making them do it in the vehicle while they were driving. Dude, all the times you were basically just a glorified babysitter.
Speaker 2: If you're a coach, Ray, are you serious? I thought I was a good coach.
Speaker 1: I don't think that I am considered a glorified babysitter. I do see your point, though, but I don't think the parents used no teeth. Keith, my dad hundreds of thousands of dollars he easily did for kids with gas money. Because here's the deal. Keith didn't have any money, so he wasn't buying us meals.
Speaker 2: Kid, I'm gonna bet five dollars password Willie May.
Speaker 1: It's like the one time he was like, oh kid, we gotta get to the gas station. We're gonna run out of gas. Oh kid. And we pull into the gas station and he goes, put two dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: In mist even get an ounce?
Speaker 1: Kid, I said, two dollars and fifty cents. He goes, yeah, I need the other three twenty five for a can of Copenhagen.
Speaker 3: Hey, those are the days you remember when you're counting pennies. You remember the exact stuff you bought at a gas station.
Speaker 1: That was the funniest thing to me because I'm like, what do you mean you're only getting two fifty? You have like five dollars? He goes, yeah, kid, I gotta get a can of Copenhagen. And the other time, hey, Keith picks me up, where are we going? Don't worry about it? I'm like, well, what time we're gonna be back? Quit living so white?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: He goes, don't live so white? All concerned about the time and where we're going? Can we just not go somewhere.
Speaker 2: Your sharp edge? Kid? Be smooth?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, yeah, I'll just be relaxed. Thirty minutes are all right? Keith like really, like, where are we going? Kid?
Speaker 2: Just relax and.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the beautiful sunshine and the wind blowing. We got the windows down and I'm like, what are we doing? Kid?
Speaker 2: Listen to Bob Marley. Don't worry kid, be happy?
Speaker 1: Kid, Hey, kid, don't be so white. I'll never forget him saying don't be so white? Like, is that a white person thing that we worry about? Time could be a white knuckle. It means you're one of those. I don't know, but we went and had apple pie. We sat down at the restaurant in Huddo and he was like, They were like, oh, do you know what you want? I was like no, and he goes, yes, we do, and I was like, I haven't even looked at the menu. He goes, We'll take two pieces of your warm apple pie.
Speaker 3: You always remember those exact money things, though, when it comes to change in sense and getting gas and not having that much. Do you remember the last time you spent how much you.
Speaker 2: Spent on gas?
Speaker 3: God, it was like fifty six dollars. Not that one the time before specifically, No, I about the time before that one. No, okay, but you remember it, dude. I remember distinctly my change cup. I had no money when we first moved here, and I went to the gas station. I randomly had six dollars in change. The lady bless her counted it all out and let me get six dollars in straight change of gas at that gas station below our building. Right now that I'm in a high rise and I look over on If that isn't full circle, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what is.
Speaker 1: That's pretty dope, Ray, that's a hell of a story.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember the last time I got gas, or the time before that or the time before that. Actually I do, because now if I don't get a discount, we do the Kroger thing. Oh so we use the Kroger card all the time. Only get groceries at Kroger and then a discount shell gas. So if I don't get the other day, I got a dollar off every gallon stop.
Speaker 2: Do the math. Twenty gallons, I save twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 3: So if I don't get fifty cents or a dollar, I don't, I'll do it for thirty cents too, because you end up saving seven dollars there.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: So if it says no discount, I'll just get two dollars worth a gas. I'm just like kid, just like hey, waiting for that discount.
Speaker 2: That's like I mean, I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you we're driving with no TEQ one time and the gas light's on. I'm like, kid, we gotta get gas.
Speaker 2: That's a beacon kid to tell you, don't worry. Be happy, kid, Oh kid, just relax, we got plenty of gas.
Speaker 1: Keith, the gas light is on, Dude, the ga kid just I mean, why are you so dressed? You can drive so far on the gaslight.
Speaker 2: You can go as far as the fumes take you. And then after you start to huffing.
Speaker 1: Kid, Uh, Keith, you gotta worry like the gas light. Kid, there is nothing to worry about. I do this all the time. Smash cut. Ten minutes later, run out of gas and he gets out of the car. God damn it. Kid slams the door, shatters the window.
Speaker 2: Oh he did it was a double whammy, dude, Hey, rains ports, it comes well.
Speaker 1: I mean, kid, don't stress out about it strained on the side of the road. And this is before cell phones.
Speaker 2: They can't start stressing yet.
Speaker 1: Hey kid, you still that guy's like we're still good Man, Like, don't do I need to relax now? I mean, what's going on? I mean, huh hilarious. Uh, And I don't know where else is it gonna go? But yeah, So should I reply to this mom? Do I respond to be like it's easy, just go to the website? Or do I just be nice and send the address because I don't know that so that means I would have to go look it up. She can google it just as easy as I can google it right.
Speaker 2: Now in the world that we all google.
Speaker 3: You can tell the people that are just being lazy when they say specifically that, yeah, then.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, you're not googling it.
Speaker 1: I get it, Like, I mean the games tomorrow. You have twenty four hours to go ahead and look it up and see where it is.
Speaker 3: The other day Abby had to deal with the same thing. She has people hit her up. Hey, not for work purposes.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get too much in the weeds, but they'll say, hey, where is this? And she goes, we're both googling it? Why couldn't you google it?
Speaker 1: So I just I don't even understand it. I'm like, I don't know, like and I want to text my wife and be like are these people serious? Like are they really serious? And I understand I may do that sometimes with my wife, like hey, do you know what this is? And she'll look it up. But I thought maybe she would know ahead of time, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, where are we going?
Speaker 1: But this is infuriating. It's three and four year old soccer.
Speaker 2: I am not here.
Speaker 3: Just look it up, look at and it's so easy. Is it known that the website is the Bible?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing when they the league emails you like, hey, you've been registered, or here's the you know whatever, your first game, your game schedule. The email has the name of the place we play. Just click on the link. It has a link to their website. It's not that hard because when.
Speaker 3: We did Cares team, people didn't know the importance of the app. You download the app, everything's there for you. The hours of the gym, hours of the pool, when the pool opens, when the events are, what time the events are, if there's alcohol, if there is an alcohol.
Speaker 2: Who's allowed, our dogs allowed? Can you bring kids?
Speaker 3: It was all there, But the people that didn't know the app, typically the fifty and sixty year olds, we would have to explain to them it's very simple, make sure you download it, because then they would seem very ignorant, whereas they just were ignorant about the app, not in life in general.
Speaker 1: Well good, I don't want to be ignorant in life in general.
Speaker 2: I'm saying they're probably fifty or sixty. That's gonna be me when I have kids.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you think they're fifty or sixty with a three year old? Yeah.
Speaker 3: By not knowing the Bible for whatever event or part of it. That means that they're older anybody our age and younger gen zers if you have any, I mean they would have had kids like sixteen. But what I'm saying is we all know that that's a sign him an older person.
Speaker 1: Or a lazy person. So yeah, happy birthday Dad, once again, Happy seventieth birthday. Your present is in the mail. Oh yeah, I got your president this year. Congratulations to me. It's really from the kids. They wanted to buy it for you, so hopefully you enjoy it. Do you still buy your parents' birthday presence?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We do.
Speaker 1: Baser's good about that, Like we I never really do, and I realize, you know, it's kind of roote to me not to buy my parents something.
Speaker 2: It's so easy.
Speaker 3: What's you know? Your dad barely know your dad? He would love something construction related. Get him a hammer engraved Dad of the year, Grandpa the year a year, or how many times he has to hammer something.
Speaker 1: Thank you for not making that. I thought you were about to say, when's the last time he hammered your mom? And I was like, god stop, I was about to just like die the base.
Speaker 3: You can take any basic gift, engrave it any simple thing, put a picture on it a moment in time. Hey, I took this picture of you and you were working on the toilet. Do you know what I did do one time one Christmas, And this was a few years ago. I bought them a clock, and I took pictures of all their grandkids and cut them up.
Speaker 1: And put them all over the clock. Money only problem is you can't tell what damn time it is, because it's like all the kids are covering the numbers in the spot and you're just kind of guessing, like I think it's about five twenty, Maybe it's six twenty. I it's just kids' faces everywhere, and it looked. And the bad part is I did before they had all their grandkids, so some of the grandkids aren't on there.
Speaker 2: And gifts money wise don't make a bit of damn difference. Baser.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell her any prices of any of her Christmas gifts. I always just keep it. I just want to know what ends up doing the best, most expensive gifts.
Speaker 2: She never uses it.
Speaker 3: I never told her the price of it, but it just it just tells me guy's priced on anything, no matter if the heartfelt stuff, the stuff that's practical she can put in her office and actually use on a daily basis. Sixty seventy doll that's stuff she used. The five hundred one she's used twice. And when was Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's like, kids, man, you think you got them this badass gift. You think you got them the Krim day la Krim. You think, oh my gosh, they're gonna open this and be like, oh my gosh, this is the coolest toy I've ever seen. They are more interested in the box. They are more interested in the box that you put it in that's a cat, then the actual toy, and they'll sit in the freaking box. Look, Dad, i'm driving. Dad pull me around. Dad pushed me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm on the train, dude, dude.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what about the toy that I thought was the Krim de la Creme? Like there was the top of the line cool toy, and you care about the box.
Speaker 3: I've been getting on Boomer for gifts of mine that I gave him that he doesn't use. So I went back up nor surprise Christmas real quick, yeah, and I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I realized there's a handful of hats I've given him, he just has hanging on the wall.
Speaker 1: And I go, wait, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I would have worn these hats. I was being generous. I gave him a Ryan Hurd Buffalo hat.
Speaker 2: Dope.
Speaker 3: I gave him a when I had the great One Company that went under the isn't Raymond Roth in peace?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I told him, here you go, I would love this stuff, but I think of you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I found out he's just hanging him on the wall. Bro.
Speaker 1: I went up there, I took some of them. I brought him back down here. I was like, you don't wear it, you don't get to keep it. And so then now when he came down and visited, I go, I'm giving you this hat.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you this hoodie.
Speaker 3: If I don't see you posting pictures and wearing it, I'm coming and snatching it back.
Speaker 1: How does he hang them on the wall? Does he have just like a wall of hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I go, no, no, no, I didn't give you this to just work as some decor. Bro.
Speaker 3: I wore this hat every day, taking it. I grabbed it, took it right back.
Speaker 1: So this time he came down with the Ryan Herd hat on and I was like, I knew you didn't wear that thing, and now he's got to show you that he wears it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Boomer, I hope you're doing well man. Happy birthday Dad once again. Hopefully we'll see you soon. We'll probably FaceTime tonight, maybe before the games, because there's this thing called March Madness. MLB started yesterday and boy, March madness. I know, Ray, you were asleep. Oh my gosh. We're gonna talk all about it right after this. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Don't just roll as well, I mean, because I think it will rock. Yeah as well.
Speaker 3: I can talk about whatever because I watched it all. What Yeah, it highlights.
Speaker 2: I saw a thirteen minute package on Texas Tech Arkansas.
Speaker 1: That is not good enough.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: I saw when Arkansas was up sixteen, I saw when it tied. I saw the overtime. How did they lose that game? Ten minutes left they were up sixteen?
Speaker 1: Uhh I no, no, like four minutes left, they were up.
Speaker 2: Big team twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. This like here's the thing. I'm watching that game just going. Arkansas was unconscious from three in the first half. They're not a very good shooting team.
Speaker 2: And I have a theory on how a team can come back but continue, and.
Speaker 1: They just kept shooting threes even though they're not good at shooting threes. In the second half, they weren't going in. The threes, weren't falling, They're turning the ball over, they're taking bad shots. In Texas Tech, that coach he out, coach John Kyle Pari. He said, man, we're not getting rebounds. We need to get some size in there. Their size is bothering us top. So instead of having just one big man on the floor top, they brought in their other big man and they had them on the court at the same time, which they never do, and they started getting offensive rebounds. They started dominating, and it was just like, oh my god. In this it reminded me watching that game was exactly like Memphis versus Kansas in the National title game. When was that two thousand and eight, I believe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was in college. I saw that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Memphis had this huge lead Chalmers, Yes, huge lead, and then all of a sudden, Memphis couldn't hit free throws. They start turning the ball over and Kansas has this miracle comeback, and that's exactly what happened last night.
Speaker 2: And here's my theory on it.
Speaker 3: Guys, if you really think about it, a team's up sixteen, so that's five possessions. The three point line has changed and evolutionized the game of basketball. So if you get a three, then you're down four possessions. You get one stop and you're able to make it again, then you're only down three possessions. That's a minute if it's you know again, if they're gonna try and run the clock if it's at one minute, but if it's still at about three, you've got two possessions in a row where you score a three, So then you're down nine.
Speaker 1: And you have three. All you need is five consecutive possessions. And in gambling, five rolls, five blackjack cans, that's how you win it big.
Speaker 2: Is it rare? Not rare? But is it hard to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All you need is five straight blackjack cans and you're gonna have a hell of a time.
Speaker 2: Same with craps. Five in a row possessions and you can overcome fifteen points.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot, No, it's a hell of a lot, and it was unbelievable. And as you're watching it, going this isn't really gonna happen. And they come down, they're down by three. They shoot the three and they break it. Arkansas gets the rebound and they foul a do and this dude against Kansas good miss sixty percent free throw shooter sank them. Both goes the line one in one brick Texas deck grabs the rebounds, starts dribbling, dribbling, tweet what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Clock issue, clock issue got to review the clock. It didn't start in time. That wasn't in my highlight package exactly. You didn't see they missed the first three and then the guy missed the free throws. That's what was huge. They had a chance to ice it.
Speaker 3: They could only include so many things in a thirteen minute highlight package.
Speaker 1: And so they go over there and they get the clock right, they draw up a play boom boom three but bananas, but bananas. It was pure pandemonium. And then overtime.
Speaker 3: Before overtime, you don't think nerves get to a guy. I always love really analyzing the final shot as the buzzers going up. I mean, the guy shot it so flat and so short. I don't know who their guard is.
Speaker 1: Is it Williams or Thomas or Henry or Jimmy or Davis. I know it's not Adu or the other guys.
Speaker 2: Wagner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the third and he shot it up and I always love to analyze it, dude. I mean, he just got alligator arms and just shortened it and it wasn't even close. I mean it hit the front. You're right, the final shot. You don't think nerves play a factory. That guy was straight nervous. That had no arc on it. And then overtime was great, back and forth. They go up by three, they come down hit a three.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic tech scores with like five seconds to go and or eight seconds ago.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. And then Wagner thinks he's a hero. Dude. I hate to tell you. John L.
Speaker 1: Davis was their best player, and I don't know why they weren't giving him the ball when it was crunch time when the you know you gotta have a shot to tie it, to go to double ot, or to win it in the regulation, they gave it to Wagner both times. Davis was their best player. Wagner dribbled straight down, didn't look for a single pass, right hand side, dribble, drible dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, and a bad shot and a bad shot, and Arkansas goes home. And then it was a fantastic game.
Speaker 2: What was with the nine thirty start? Tiking?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: But what are we doing? What are we doing? How is it possible? And we're not even on the East Coast. That game didn't get over until two am if you're in New York.
Speaker 1: But if you're in New York, he did not see the end of that game.
Speaker 2: You got up. Hey, let's do McDonald's and go take the kids to school. I gotta go to work.
Speaker 1: I mean I texted chess Day a proud Texas Tech graduate, and I said.
Speaker 3: Billy went their a year really yeah, just a year? Yeah, and then he transferred to t State.
Speaker 1: Okay, I said earlier yesterday, I said, uh, good luck tonight, Hope there is a tech Watch party and it's a celebration for you boys. He said, thank you. Circus him and Scott are big. They both went to Tech Elite. He said, thank you, sir. We are going to need it. I'm nervous playing against John Cali party whatever, calliflower.
Speaker 2: Eleven forty PM.
Speaker 1: I texted him, holy as nothing back.
Speaker 2: I woke Yeah, I woke up to this, So I texted him again.
Speaker 1: I said, if you went to bed thinking it was over, I'm going to have words for you this morning. Seven fourteen am. Painful. Joy, dude. I know I lost a stripe, and I know it.
Speaker 2: That was Aristotle. That was deep.
Speaker 1: I watched three fourths of the game. It wasn't going our way. We were down by twelve, and I went to bed.
Speaker 2: He was a lucky charm.
Speaker 1: He goes, I was so tired. I'm happy we won, but my stomach hurts right now. F reck them, I said, hey, man, sleep is more important. It just proves to you that Texas Tech doesn't need you to win. I said. It also reminds me of that one faithful Saturday when we were down in Austin, Texas, and we went to that bar at burnt In one eighty three, and I approached you to watch Texas Tech versus Texas and Football, and Texas scores a touchdown with like thirty seconds to go, Crabtree. You went crying in the bathroom, only to come out five minutes later to realize Texas Tech had won because Crabtree had caught a ball on the right hand side and snuck into the end zone.
Speaker 2: And he said, thanks man.
Speaker 1: Plus, when I woke up this morning, what exactly crossed my mind was Crabtree all over again.
Speaker 2: But he's not on the team.
Speaker 1: But he went to Tech. It's the same scenario. He thought the game was over, so he left. Guy didn't watch the end. I'm in and then boom they win. And how close we were, guys, I root for my friends teams.
Speaker 3: You guys all know that, just kidding, But how close we were to Arkansas going to the national championship. Because next game they're gonna play Auburn's dog crap in in Florida, Right, I'm talking about this side of the bracket, So they'll play Florida. Florida's got a guy hurt, their big guy, and Clayton's the stud.
Speaker 2: Maybe other than that, Florida ain't great. So I honestly think I.
Speaker 1: Will say this love about Florida. I've been watching them. They have not impressed me at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks ESPN saying, oh Florida the most popular pick why the tall dude. I don't think he's very good, but Clayton is their most efficient player. He's damn good, gonna play in the league. I think Arkansas could have beat Florida, and then with Michigan State and Ole Miss say oh Miss wins Michigan State, Donzo, and then Auburn hasn't been very that impressive. Maserati might be hurt.
Speaker 1: I hope mazzarati hip is okay. I don't know hip pointer.
Speaker 3: So you're talking in Auburn Arkansas. I think Arkansas could have gone the national championship.
Speaker 1: We dodged a bullet. I gotta go, man, really well, I think we might. But I'm just saying if we're looking ahead, I'm gonna tell you what, though Bones almost had a national championship. You know what I'm ready for Alabama. Duke is gonna be unbun freaking oh thirteen points, dude, whin did I don't bet win?
Speaker 2: Did the overhead at halftime? Ue hey? Or this sappening?
Speaker 1: Here's my thing? Not only them. Duke put up one hundred, Arizona put up ninety four. I mean there were points out the wazoo. I warned my.
Speaker 2: Dad about this.
Speaker 3: I said, I know you've just been watching Big ten Michigan State putting up sixty a game, but there's teams out there that are rocking one hundred. Now, just FYI, when you put on one of these games, it's gonna looked like a track meet.
Speaker 1: Dude. Alabama they said they didn't we have to make a two pointer and they'd have won the game.
Speaker 3: Well, and look at because of all the threes, look at the stats. The only efficient guy was Sears. He played a damn good game. He was high twenties, which efficiency wise is through the roof.
Speaker 1: And Nelson, can you please shave the mustache, dude, you look like a Creepers looks like an absolute pedal.
Speaker 2: Guys, look at the numbers.
Speaker 3: ESPN's not going to tell you the only efficient player was Sears, which is caused for concern.
Speaker 2: I think Duke rolls. I don't know the line, but ducal.
Speaker 1: Win, I'm gonna tell you this right now though, Sorry Browne, Duke looks awesome. They are. I didn't realize canopple cannople nipple canipple car nipple. I didn't realize how big he was. I should have paid more attention. I thought he was like six'. Two the dudes like six eight and they have the. Maker james is huge. Proctologist, uh the good big guy down low is seven to. Twelve he is a.
Speaker 2: Monster And Cooper flag is next. Level He's. Luca he's a Skinny. Luca.
Speaker 1: Dude that is so. Crazy it is So Cooper flag is really. Good glad he's back to the league right after, this, supposedly what if he comes? Back this is WHAT i want to. SEE i would love for this. Dude maybe they don't win the national. Title hopefully they don't win the national. Title, please, No duke win the national. Title, Now, oh their side of the, bracket they got it.
Speaker 3: Covered houston ain't stopping, Them, perdue ain't stopping. Them the other stuff is. CRAP i mean, SORRY i love the, balls but you can.
Speaker 2: Balls.
Speaker 3: Please here's my. Thing, duke go's the national. Championship do they Beat auburn or?
Speaker 2: Not is the. QUESTION i would.
Speaker 1: Love unless The spurs get the number one, pick THEN i don't want any of this to. Happen then we will All. Wimby then we Will wimby And. Cooper but WHAT i am saying IS i would love For duke to. Lose and this freshman who's the overall number one, pick no, doubt like he's gonna be number one to, say you know, WHAT.
Speaker 3: I don't, know bite your tongue when you're talking to. Me watch out for that kid out Of, Wisconsin Tan Jay. Stop he threw an out.
Speaker 2: There he's good, though but he's. Not what About Jace, Richardson Jason richardson's, Son?
Speaker 1: Stop? Stop what About Hunter? Dickinson?
Speaker 2: Ah what is he? Doing is he?
Speaker 1: Done because he's? Dead like he signed With costco and he is he? Is he. Is he is a manager in. Training, okay he's in THE mit, program not NOT. MI i t the SCHOOL mit manager in. TRAINING i don't care what he.
Speaker 2: Said he played. Good finally games, stop he did not.
Speaker 1: Fishing. Game you can't have an efficient. Game if you don't score a point in the second, half you can't be. Efficient if you give up five offensive, rebounds you are not. Efficient you're a. Bum you're an absolute freaking. Bum but, anyway what's your point about the? DRAFT i would Love Cooper flag to be, like you know, WHAT i want to win a. SHIP i didn't win a. Ship i'm coming. Back he has that hunger that, desire that losing doesn't sit well with. Him that the money can. Wait he's gonna make plenty of money in, college so wait a hear and come back and play college. Basketball that would be. Phenomenal but to.
Speaker 3: Worry Is arizona just got some big. Guys duke won't be the best to. Stop they just got the browny kid and they got another. Stuff let me talk About. Arizona i'm never gonna Trust. Arizona they Never every YEAR i picked, him they never do.
Speaker 2: It who's the stud they? Kid they just got out of high?
Speaker 1: School pete or pote pote. PETIT i don't. KNOW i have no, idea but phenomenal, Game. Duke alabama is gonna be. FANTASTIC i love Watching alabama because they just run non. Stop they do not slowly dribbled up the. Court it doesn't. Matter they just come. Out, run, run, run run. Run duke better be in shape because they're gonna be. Running thanks for, That Auburn.
Speaker 2: Duke that's ALL i need to, Know. Bak we'll take a, Break we'll be right. Back this has got to be our last.
Speaker 1: SEGMENT i don't like things dying, ray But i'm gonna tell you something, well do you have any death?
Speaker 2: Music, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Playing, no you have to have some kind of death, music, dude because.
Speaker 2: None of it's.
Speaker 1: Approved there has to be some any music crime. Pod oh that's all you, need.
Speaker 2: Dude this remote doesn't. Work here we. Go i'm dead, serious it doesn't. Work do you want me to take this remote?
Speaker 1: Batteries, no because then how are you Gonna, well you're gonna have to do something to.
Speaker 2: End it just will never. End oh my.
Speaker 1: GOSH i don't even know if you need the death, music But i'm just gonna tell you it's the end Of. Wow all, right you're taking the. Battery this is. Awesome you are taking the battery out of one mouse putting in another. Mouse so when you need to end the, show you're gonna have to take the battery out of that mouse to put in the other. MOUTH i don't even know if this death music and What i'm about to say my prediction even is worth this, Much But i'm just gonna tell you that we have seen the. Death the end of something that we all love is now, gone and it, sucks but it's the absolute.
Speaker 2: Truth, okay we're ready for, it, MAN i uh got? It, YEAH i just have one. BUTTON i got a click.
Speaker 1: It, Work ladies and, gentlemen boys and. Girls, children.
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 1: It that's a great, idea children of all.
Speaker 2: Ages As.
Speaker 1: I'm here to announce that we're leaving.
Speaker 2: Radio i'm not.
Speaker 1: Leaving, radio but the death the end Of. Cinderella we are never gonna See cinderella In march madness.
Speaker 2: Again thanks to.
Speaker 1: Nil there is going to be no team at the mid major level that stays together four years and has that one shining moment where they upset three teams in the. Tournament nil money is too lucrative for them to stay At, hofstra At, colgate At San Jose. State those times are.
Speaker 2: Gone Or.
Speaker 1: Roberts they will not have the power to go three rounds. Deep, yes they may win a game Like.
Speaker 3: Roberts just give me a heads up when you're gonna Say.
Speaker 1: Roberts, yeah, sorry uh. Maken These state they won a game this, year but then they got annihilated the second. Game Aura, Roberts.
Speaker 2: No the boombox. Guy his Name's. Aura, Oh, AURA i like.
Speaker 1: Him he's Going he's going TO Nc state With Will. Wade but the reason is that these teams usually could upset the big guys two three games in a. Row it's because they've been together for four years and they have that chemistry and they maintained it in the tournament where these other teams are thrown together one, year a bunch of, freshmen and they get. Hot now at the end of every, year those mid major, guys they're leaving their. Program they're going to big. Schools the guy that was On, OAKLAND i don't even know his, name but He's. Townshend he was On arizona this. YEAR I, iona they're going somewhere. Else if you look At iona went to another.
Speaker 3: School and then that guy played the school that he used to play On.
Speaker 2: Clayton For florida is From, iona is?
Speaker 1: He that's WHAT i? Mean the, guy the guy for The auburn The Miles, Kelly i'm From George.
Speaker 2: Mason, no Not Miles, kelly the other. Guy, No George. Mason kelly From George.
Speaker 1: Mason where was?
Speaker 2: FROM i don't.
Speaker 1: Know Broom school Where Jehi, Broom Johann, Broom, Auburn.
Speaker 3: Auburn you really should pull up The facebook post That brownlee did because it shows all the schools of the starting five in the sweet sixteen where they started.
Speaker 1: At broom played At Morehead. State, hey look it up on Our.
Speaker 3: Facebook it's all the schools of The sweet sixteen teams where they started. At and one of the only, Ones perdue that has a starting five that all starts to That. Purdue that's Pretty interestuke was as, well was pretty high up.
Speaker 1: There, yeah they have to have some, transfers.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, some but some of the schools you didn't even know which school it was in The sweet sixteen because they had that many.
Speaker 1: Guys And i'd be, honest WHEN i looked at the, GRAPHIC i didn't understand.
Speaker 2: IT i took me a. Minute that's Why i'm statistical.
Speaker 1: Seison but that's What i'm. SAYING i watch like this has been the most chalk Boring march madness that we've. Seen and it's. ALL i really. Believe it's all because In il and when you go look at the transfer portal right, now everybody from a small school is in the transfer. Portal not saying that major guys aren't, leaving but it's, like, OH i had nineteen points a game At, Towson i'm. Transferring i'm out of.
Speaker 2: Here the only Portal i'm checking out is the dentist. Portal you, Know, oh you got a dentist. Appointment, NO i already. Did did my mouthguard come? In check the?
Speaker 1: Portal nice old people log on check your your, portal. Dude, YEAH i got an appointment AT cbs today because my sore throat will not go away the freaking allergies or whatever it.
Speaker 2: Is i'm getting in the.
Speaker 3: Portal oh, dad you're going to another school radio. Station no, kids just a hospital. Appointment getting in the portal for old. People portals are.
Speaker 1: GREAT i.
Speaker 3: DO i did have baser. Hurts s used to be delayed weeks. Months now after an, Appointment, boom she gets. In she can see her tumor, markers she can see her, pressures white blood, cells red blood, cells all of it instantaneously because of the.
Speaker 2: Portal so the portal is good for.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i MEAN i got in a text, like, hey your your results will be available on the portal, portal, dude And i'm, like check out the.
Speaker 2: Portal check the.
Speaker 1: Portal So i'm gonna go portaling, too. Man but, yeah it's amazing that The cinderella is. Dead that is my prediction after watching this season On March. Madness we will no longer See, cinderella it's, over, goodbye have.
Speaker 3: Fun and there's no facts on any of this or ANYTHING i can source or quote or give you my. Bibliography but they've been saying these nil. Deals there's really NO i mean some have, documentation they, do but it's it's IT'S i guess there's a gray area where some of these kids aren't getting the total amount they were promised from an Nil.
Speaker 1: Well that's why the guy the quarterback left you AT.
Speaker 2: Lv he.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't he wasn't getting his. Money it's who these kids aren't getting all their money because it's some guy to car dealership with a greasy snake oil salesman shaking a hand and he's not paying all the.
Speaker 2: Way it's. Wild it is.
Speaker 3: Wild and they said they're gonna start a bunch of different. Stuff they're gonna be regulations in. Parameter show me how it is the Wildld? West how are you gonna rein it? In you got to have the rules in place before it. Started now it is just Boom but IF i am a, coach if You aura can get hold in the boom, box get to deal WITH bw three's and make three hundred thousand dollars quarter of.
Speaker 2: A million more than the. Players, yeah it's a gross world we live, in, Guys but you know, What i'm all in it.
Speaker 1: TOGETHER i would do this IF i am the head coach At, kansas if my name Was Bill, self And i'm talking to someone That i'm gonna in the transfer, portal Whatever i'm gonna. Say, look i'm gonna make them they need to have. Contracts well they do in THE, nba.
Speaker 3: They, do but there's other Stuff i'm sure outside of. It oh, yeah, hey that that amounts only seven hundred. Thousand we'll get you a. Car, no, NO i mean you don't specifically say the. Car then you get down, there it's a rav. Four What i'm saying is you are locked in here for two, years just like THE. Nba you sign a two year. Deal did we have a contract for this podcast for? Years and then you got you shouting from the. Rooftops, hey first Thing i'm gonna do is sign a.
Speaker 2: Contract didn't even like people thisstuff all the time without a. Contract just shake a couple of. Hands.
Speaker 1: Right But i'm, saying if you don't want them to all transfer, out if you want to keep your team, together they all sign a two year. Deal when they come to your, school.
Speaker 2: Genius that's my.
Speaker 1: Philosophy cinderella's. Dead marsh mandis this, Weekend Baby box three takes to soccer field tomorrow for the first time. Ever tell you all about. It happy, Birthday. Dad have a great, weekend. Guys, glad so start all that over.
Speaker 2: Again. Glad Major League baseball is. Back it is truly.
Speaker 3: Fascinating i've said it, Once i'll say it. Again The dodgers are gonna set the all time win record of one hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 2: Wins they'll tie, it they'll beat. It are they three and?
Speaker 3: Zero, Yeah they're gonna have over one hundred and eighteen wins this. Year it's gonna be the greatest team on. Turf enjoy. That March madness is. Phenomenal gonna be some wacky games. Tonight you're probably gonna see A kentucky outdo the, balls weird stuff like. That auburn and a huge Favorite, PERDUE a huge Favorite, HOUSTON a huge Favorite houston.
Speaker 2: Place.
Speaker 1: PERDUE i, SAID i don't know how to produce a huge. Favorite there's gonna there's gonna be some weird stuff because thank yesterday it was all forty point. Wins It's march forty point wins Aub alabama won by thirty. Five what's CRAZY byu didn't even play bad and they got blowed Out alabama fin to win. It that is The alabama squad THAT i picked to go to The final. FOUR i don't know if they can shoot that well Against. Duke duke is a bunch of long. Dudes all their arms are about the length of a. Car i'm like shocked how big they. ARE i did not Realize copple was so. Big didn't Realize james Was. Canipple whatever his name, is it literally is, CANIPLE i, know, okay AND i literally didn't. UNDERSTAND i keep saying it.
Speaker 2: Wrong it's the best name.
Speaker 1: Ever WHEN i heard the announcer, SAID i, said, hell are you ever gonna forget That?
Speaker 2: Canipple the guy's great car. Nipple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SO i don't know it's gonna be. GREAT i thought you last. Week Texas tech was. Great arizona made it a game at the. End it was back in the edge of your seat. Drama it's, great great. Basketball this is high level. Stuff Alabama duke's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be the game of the tournament so, far and nobody's talking about THE nba is winding. Down you got a couple of weeks. LEFT nhl is winding, Down you got a Couple no one. CARES i DO i do.
Speaker 2: You been WATCHING? Nhl?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh who's. Good we have a vested.
Speaker 3: Interest we had The Golden. Knights we had them when they were like in third. Place they're now in. First they're fighting for, first and we have the capitals to be the best team in. Hockey they're up by a, game so it's all coming down to these final two weeks or else these future.
Speaker 2: Stuff you can throw it out the window over to, you, Man i'm out of.
Speaker 1: Here, Man happy, Birthday, DAD i love, you and, uh we'll probably FaceTime you, tonight LIKE i said, Earlier, eh, dude it is big, weekend big, weekend but looking like rain coming in, tomorrow isn't.
Speaker 2: It. Dude i've been just chipping off the back. Patio how's it looking?
Speaker 3: Good BUT i just haven't taken my game to the. Course you did that one, day But i'm Saying i'm snake bit from. That that Was, hey that course was a little rough on.
Speaker 2: You i'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry AND i saw some dude tweet the other DAY i WISH i knew who it, was WISH i knew his, name WISH i knew the exact, source bibliography and quoting in, citation guy, said when you play golf in the, wind it. Sucks it totally is a misrepresentation of your golf. Game, well, obviously then why did we? Play, well you don't think the pros play when it's windy. Outside they just stopped playing because the. Wind, no you got to learn to, Adapt you got to learn Your you gotta just your. Game he hit a different. Shot but here we gotta invited to a bachelor. Party why don't we to read it?
Speaker 2: Early? YEAH i just switched the remote over. THERE i have a. Battery what's, Up?
Speaker 1: Coacheres me and my boys are coming To nashville For Saint patty's weekend and was wondering if we could do a podcast with y'all on the seventeenth or.
Speaker 2: Nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah i've been A day one listener SINCE i was seventeen years. Old i'm now twenty, three married and about to be a. Lawyer you guys have gotten me through many long nights of studying through. School if not a, podcast a shoutout would be Amazing i'll hang up the phone and. Listen she see The Batch, Daddy John. BACHELOR i Just, sawaddy we will see You Saint patty's? Day what is it twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: SIX i think he meant this? Year, man how DID i miss? This?
Speaker 1: Oh, man my, Bad Batch. Daddy we should have had you come in on the. Pod let me, see he, said the. Seventeenth what would they that have? Been that'd have been A. Monday he could have come, in.
Speaker 2: Dude mondays are our worst. Days what are you talking?
Speaker 1: About or the nineteenth And? Wednesday he was here Till. Wednesday he could have come on A.
Speaker 2: Wednesday oh, man when did The australian? COME i don't.
Speaker 3: Know, friday, Sorry Batch, Daddy Man, Mackers, hey we went and we did mac on A. Friday that's the best day for us As. Fridays, yeah but we never know our, schedule so there's literally no way that we could even give you a window of wind to come. In And i'm pretty sure that we have to let you in at the garage and then we have to let you in.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah Batch, Battie Batch, Daddy sorry about. That but, hey, Congratulates i'm getting married and being a. Lawyer, Dude i'll let you know WHEN i need to sue. Someone all, right have a good.
Speaker 2: Weekend