Speaker 1: What's up everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to season five of The Freddy and Jeffrey Show. Wrestling with Friends is back. It's not the Freddie and Jeffrey Show. And we don't have any jingle there, like, yeah, look, I got a raise, so I paid for a new jingle and that's where all the money went.
Speaker 3: And now your main event introducing the hosts are Wrestling Win Freddy chefde and Freddy Friends tune.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. Thanks for supporting us for five years now. We really really appreciate that this weekend. Last weekend was WrestleMania weekend.
Speaker 4: We get two nights of it now and half for a few years now. I think three. Is this the third year they've done it like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're go ahead SummerSlam two nights, is what I'm hearing. Do you think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: I don't think More wrestling is a bad thing, And they're in a position where they can afford to make mistakes, so even if it is a mistake, they just won't do it again, and they're not gonna go out of business, so they can afford to experiment and try things out, which is always good for wrestling. But Jeff, We're gonna talk about the whole show, but before we do, you got to be in Las Vegas, the city where I have many friends, where I have some family, A lot of people that I love are in Las Vegas, and I wanted to be there. I almost went with an actor buddy of mine, but he wasn't able to go, and my wife booked a movie, so I have to stay and watch the kids while she goes and kicks ass on that. And I can't even say it yet because it's not announced yet, but yeah, you got to be on our man on the scene, our man in the streets, and you got to not just be there, but you got to freaking hang out too, and just be a dude with other dudes that happen to wrestle in a professional ring. So tell everybody about your experience, and I don't care how long it takes.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I'll keep it short. Night one and Night two wrestling in Las Vegas is was pretty awesome. Wrestling fans are great. I'm just like, every time I go to one of those things, I'm just like, I love wrestling fans so much, just like, even when they're doing something that makes me like roll my eyes and chuckle like it's constant. Like it's just constant. I'm like, I love these people. It's such a funny fan base and a great fan base and a loyal fan base, and they'll buy everything and anything like they're just the greatest fans. And I had a great time just being a fan. Night one, I was like eight rows back when and when you're not on the floor, eight roses kind of far, so it was kind of hard to see. And I always go like, let's say you guys didn't get a chance to go to WrestleMania. Let's say like you weren't one of the sixty three thousand people in attendance. If those numbers are real, you did it right. You know you watched it on pay per view or you watched it on Peacock Like that that guts. I think that's the way to do it, because I want to hear Michael Cole, I want to hear hear Pat McAfee, I want to hear way Beart, And so you know, when you're there, you don't get the commentary. You just hear the real loud Matt slamming, and you get to brag that you're there and you do get to be with the other great wrestling fans. But I think you did it right if you stay at home. Night one I was like in Row eight, but not on the floor, but just in the one hundred level. And then a night two I was in Stone called Steve Austin's suite. Now another part you might go, well, that's fun, right, Jeff, the suite. But here's the problem with wrestling or like WWE or TKO or whoever's in charge. When me and you went to WrestleMania, Freddy and we had a suite, and when we when I went to Steve Austin's suite on night two, WW for some reason won't let them put the feed of the of the program in into any of the monitors. So if you get a suite for a sporting event, you have all these TVs also playing the thing, but wrestling doesn't do that. So when you go wait in line for a hot dog or a sandwich or a pizza, you don't even get to see the action of what's going on because wrestling doesn't have it on any of the TVs. So that's also terrible in my opinion. So if you stayed home and watched it for on Peacock. You did it right. You did the right thing this. I was at both nights of WrestleMania, and I still came home and watched all the matches on my iPath because I wanted to hear the commentary. I wanted those great shots that wrestling does. I wanted to see all the things I missed because someone's talking to me or people are making jokes around me. So if you could do both experiences like I did, I would recommend that. But I think you did it right if you watched it on Peacock.
Speaker 2: The commentary was so great and all three men were Wade Barrett, Pat McAfee and Michael Cole did such a great job in helping tell the stories that the wrestlers were trying to tell in there. I love commentary so much, whether it's the UFC, regardless of the crew they put together. I really enjoy all the all the different crews they have there. When it's WWE, I love it. Sometimes in WW they get it wrong right, like they've done the Mike Adamleys of the world when he came in and like didn't know people's names and didn't know the moves.
Speaker 4: Tough, and it was It was tough.
Speaker 2: I was the guy that had to basically fire him or let him know he was getting read when I worked there. Yeah, I had to give him the segment where he slapped Randy across the face and he goes, well, wait a minute, if I strike a wrestler, I would wouldn't I be like fired? And I was like, oh, well, yeah, I'm just the guy bringing you the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're also allowed to flirt with anyone at work you want now, because you're not going to be here tomorrow, so go ahead and just break all the rule.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I did not advise him to do that, but yeah, man, the commentary was phenomenal. They've got such a great thing going with McAfee and Michael Cole, and their chemistry and their kind of mutual respect and love for one another is so evident, and they just let it flow. And this was never This was never a thing when I worked there, Jeff, It just didn't. Vince had handcuffs on people, and Vince sometimes he had good notes too, but with commentary, they were handcuffed and they had to just call the match and use only the words that he allows them to use. As far as describing the match and the moves and the wrestlers that are in the ring, and on top of that, he would then tell them what to say on there, and you could just feel how tight it was. So often and people go, Michael Cole sucks and talk trash. Michael Cole doesn't suck. He didn't, then he doesn't now. But now to see with Triple H back there and you can really kind of just tell they're doing their thing like it is awesome and the commentary is them fantastic? Yeah, dude, yes, let them cook. So they did a great job. But we're not here just to talk about the commentators. We're here to talk about professional wrestling, major news, Jeff. It means one less indie promotion available to purchase.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, de has purchased or acquired Triple A Luta Libre. They're going to do a great job with it. They've got Vi Kingo, who is the friggin' man. Yeah, they're gonna crush. They've got a lot.
Speaker 1: To explain to our listeners and to your co host, Jeff Dye. What does it mean that they've bought this? Does that mean Triple A which I'm a member, by the way, shout out to that. Does that mean that they're that's not going to be the name anymore? And now those people are just in WWE or like what like what does it mean?
Speaker 2: So legally they could change it if they wanted to. I don't believe they will. I think they'll keep it under the same banner the way they kind of let evolve standard It's banner with their TV deal on tob and well, this one of.
Speaker 4: Triple A will probably go to eventually. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They'll probably just pull from it and allow it to be a farm system, like a Ring of Honor type thing. But they have some really interesting characters in Triple A, much more like old school Carnie type characters, like Origin of Wrestling. It's great for that company, for Dorian and all of them down there. I wish them nothing but but tons of success, and their wrestlers are going to have an opportunity to get seen all over the freaking world now on a grand scale. And like I said, they got some interesting characters. I was taking a peek at them last year when I had aspirations of doing this, and they've got a really cool roster man, and they're they're funky, and it's really old school and and they've got some some living legends right now. Like if you haven't seen the King Goo wrestle, go check out. He did some AEW matches and was phenomenal. But check out his triple A stuff. It's it's freaking If you like lucha libre, it's next level.
Speaker 4: And his look is gangster.
Speaker 2: He looks like one of the Vikings from the Viking Show, but a little one because he's a little dude who can flip all over the place.
Speaker 1: If you know me, you know that I love Mexican wrestling. Yeah, that's like my favorite thing. There's the Big Five, right, I don't know what the big four of the Big five wrestling is America, Pacific, Islanders, Hawaii, Japan because that's a huge part of wrestling, the Canadians, and then there's Mexico. And in Mexico is by far my favorite style of wrestling. Our producer said that it's probably there's a chance it could be rebranded as like NXT Mexico, which I would be such a fan of. But any more luchadors in WB, I say, sign them all, sign them all up.
Speaker 4: Let's get in some matches.
Speaker 2: Night one World Heavyweight Championship Goonther the Champ versus jay Uso the Challenger. A long time ago, over a year ago, I was on I think it was Bully Ray's podcast maybe what was that called Busted Open Radio, and they were asking me of the like the upcoming next gen who I thought was gonna be like the next star, and I said jay Uso. And this was still like when he was in the Bloodline and you and I were talking about his acting, and I thought his acting was getting really good, and the way he was sort of having a hard time choosing between what was right and wrong and his own morality within the morality of the Bloodline, I thought was super interesting. And to see him sort of go from that to literally changing the what chant to a yeat chant and making a negative thing a positive thing. I don't know how he did it. I don't know if he knows how he did it, but he fucking did it. And that's a powerful thing to have that kind of manipulation over an entire crowd, and it's all come to fruition. He is the champ, he gets the singles run, the crowd loves his promos. They love being a part of the show. That's what wrestling fans love. They love being a part of the show that they can actually affect what's going on. That's a powerful thing. It doesn't exist in Broadway as much, right, Like you're expected to sort of sit there, shut up and enjoy the show, right, But in wrestling, it's a different experience. It's like going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and throwing toast at the screen when they say a toast. Or now at the Minecraft movie where the kids are going bananas. Yeah, right, like that that's the wrestling interaction. They crave that, they want that. And this was such a payoff in the same way that like Jeff Hardy was such a payoff to the fans.
Speaker 4: This is such a payoff to the fans.
Speaker 2: For believing in this dude, for buying his merch, for getting behind his promos, getting behind his matches. And I was just so happy to see this win. And Gunther's the frigging man. Like all his matches just look brutal. By the way, almost all the matches that we saw looked like real fights. I thought like they were, like, yo, we're going hard today.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow. We're gonna hurt, but we're going.
Speaker 2: Hard today because it was like beast Mode times ten out there. But that match was so good. It was a great way to open the show. And I friggin loved jay Us, so I hope that you love this too. I don't know if you like Jay as much as I do, but I love this match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I will say, and this could be just you know, this is just me speaking freely here. I feel like they did a terrible job of leading up to this. I wasn't crazy excited for jay Usso versus Gunther. I think that they could have given it a lot more. Just that's my personal opinion. I also am just not on the Jay usso as as the guy, like I'm not like, I don't see him as the guy I love him with these talents. No shame on Jay usso big big fan. But you know, you can't just give yourself the Moniker main event Jay. I mean, also, you're opening, you're the opener. We made main event Jay open the thing that open Jays So I wasn't crazy into it, but the actual match opening up the thing. Everyone excited. There is there is a real buzz when he came out, like as far as like, there's just an energy that he brought. So it was a really good way to start the show. And I didn't care about the match till the match started, you know what I'm saying, Like, usually you care leading all the way up to WrestleMania, and then when I did, I didn't care at all. But then when the match started, it was a good match, and I actually really enjoyed it when I was watching it, and I liked it, but a little too little too late for me.
Speaker 2: I like when they look like fight scenes in movies, and they had like a lot of parts in there that look that looked like fight scenes, and that's that's Those are my favorite types of matches.
Speaker 1: What's next for Gunther?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Not everyone can be pushed at the same time, right, And I think now more than ever, these guys and girls understand and know that. And there's less ego than back in the old days, right when you could kind of like hold hold Vince hostage at a pay per view and say no, I want an extra hundred grand or I'm not wrestling. Like those days are done. People's egos have to be more in check and balance. Now, I'm not saying everyone's is, but they they have to be more tempered than what they once were. So I think people understand and can do business much more easily now than before. Although I'm sure there's still you know, issues out there, but this, this wasn't one of them.
Speaker 4: Gunther just that guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's next for him, but I don't care, Like I'll watch he's super he's super good. And yeah it's funny, like my great grandma was from Austria, right, I don't know if Gunther's actually from Austria, if he's just built there. Well, I have a family that's German and Austria. My dad was half Puerto Rican, half German Austrian and her name was Marie Prutzel and she was a famous opera singer and her name is on the opera house in wherever it is in Vienna, and I went there when I was filming this movie that nobody like called Wing Commander.
Speaker 4: Nobody liked it, and.
Speaker 2: We would rent these motorcycles, me and this other actor, this German dude named Jurgen Prac.
Speaker 4: Now he's got a.
Speaker 2: Great name, Yeah, great freaking name, for sure, it'd be a great wrestler name too. He goes, do you know how to ride the motorcycle? And I was like, oh, yeah, dude, and he was like, oh, you should come for a ride with me. And so we would go on cruises from Luxembourg all throughout like Europe and just like cruise of the city. And I told him, I was like, Yo, my great grandma lives up here, or lives up here, formed up here. We should go check it out. And we did, and her name was on the little plaque. Dude, I didn't have like a phone that took pictures back then, because this is the old days. I wish I would have. I wish I would have. I didn't take a picture. It just has to stay in my brain. But anyway, shout out to Gunther. I want us to have time to have talk about like the greatest WrestleMania match I've seen and I don't know how long, and that was seth Rollins versus Cmpunk versus Roman Reigns for the no championship just for pride, respect, what else conquest.
Speaker 1: They were fighting for. Paul E. Haymone, that was the prize.
Speaker 2: They should have put him in a shark cage above the ring like Dominic Mysterio. And we'll get into Dominic later, I promise, because this podcast loved him first. But the triple threat, all right, look, I don't know how to wrestle, and I don't know how to be an agent and go. You know what you should do around the tenth minute is a flying Like I don't pretend to know any that I never have this match, just the wrestling. If there was no story, if Paul Hayman wasn't even in the match, I was like, Yo, where are my kids right now?
Speaker 4: How are they not seeing this?
Speaker 2: Like it was so good and every dude looked great, and every dude got the crap kicked out of him, and every dude made saves, and every dude took the best shots from guys. I mean, Roman Reigns literally landed on top of seth rollins outside the ring at one point, and I was just like, oh my god, Like these guys are just like fighting for real, and they like each other and they're fighting for real.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 2: And then you add the story of Paul Hayman and you have to take this story way the heck back all the way to Bloodline wise man Paul Hayman, or you could say, Freddy, that's not true. You have to take it back further than that, because the story started with Cempunk and Paul Hayman at ECW and and the whole video package that they put together, and you would be right. But I'm just for sakes of this argument just recent history. What he and Roman created was awesome. But he had to be the whipping boy, right, like he has to play the sucker for Roman. He has to play the bitch, so to speak, and that sucks, right, Like you don't want that, and he's had to take that weight for years of being Romans like Lackey instead of being an advocate like he was for brock Lesner. So you get the double betrayal, right, because like Siamponky tells you why you made me shoes, which is such a great line that only Paul Hayman could deliver, you made me shoes, And he doesn't need a writer. He's one of those guys like like Sina, they can kind of write for their own promo and you're gonna be like, yeah, that's better than whatever. And the fact that he cut that in the middle of the ring for the television audience to hear at home, like really sends that home. You made me choes like best line of the night, better than anything. Michael Cole cutting. Michael Cole cuts great lines, and he punches, he punches Sea I'm punk.
Speaker 4: In the balls.
Speaker 2: And then Roman has a great moment where he's like almost crying.
Speaker 4: Like my man, the wise Man is back, holy shit.
Speaker 2: And he gets up and Paul Hayman hands in the chair and he's like.
Speaker 5: Remember what Seth Rollins fucking did to you back in the day when you guys are in the shield. Now you're gonna fucking do it to him, fucking do it right now. In Roman rains is like, yeah, I am gonna do it here. Back up, Paul Hayman. Let me put you behind me where you're safe. And Paul Hayman's like, yeah, put me behind you were safe. He set up a bitch what pa pow and hit him with to all you can from Street Fighter Too and got him in the.
Speaker 1: Balls, got in the Crown jewels.
Speaker 2: He did get him into jewels, and then he goes to Seth Rollins and who he owed the favor to, but it felt like much more than a favor. It felt like, no, this is the direction the company's moving in, and I'm going back to being an advocate. I'm not your best friend and I'm not your wise man. I'm a fucking player in the wrestling business and this guy's going to be the top player and I'm rolling with him. And it was such a great He's so smart at getting himself over without taking away from the talent that he's trying to help put over. And I don't know anybody in my lifetime that's done it better than him. Like you could say Bobby the Brain was as good, but I wouldn't say he was better. And for my money, Paul Hayman was better at it than Bobby. And I love Bobby Heenan, but Paul Hayman was just so sick with it and it was so perfect, and the commentators were shitting on him the whole match man and just make it, letting him have it, and he could hear him and he's reacting to it. You just feel the weight of the world on his shoulders. And then he gets the double middle finger, which was just awesome.
Speaker 4: And I love this.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I can't think of a better match. And he was a big reason for it being so extra special. I know this is your favorite match of the whole weekend, and I'm crazy if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Besides El Grande Americano, this was my favorite match, so second favorite match. What a fun position to put Paul Hayman in as far as he has some storyline with each member involved in a three way match that is, I don't I don't remember ever seeing a match in this way where like they all have this loyalty to this guy, but he has kind of these other loyalties. So I love that. I love that you said that he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. That's what it felt like. You could feel like, man, he's in such an icky position, you know, like he can't he can't be all what I was hoping. What I was hoping he would do was low blow seth rawlins after he low blowed them, so low blow each all three and then brock Lessener's music hits and I and He's and like now he's like I'm with rock Gosh. I was like, just I know, yeah, I I know that that's all k fabe and and whatever, like in the real world of all the bad things that are happening in real life, that that's never a possibility or it wasn't going to be a possibility. But I was like that had been so good, or maybe he low blows Punk, he low blows Roman, then he low brows Seth and he just leaves and we're all like that was strange. He has loyalty to nobody's going in the business for himself, and then they moved him to like the women's division where he can help out those ladies and make the make all the women's they're going to pick a girl to represent that. He just would love.
Speaker 2: For him to a female wrestler, right because he would crush that.
Speaker 1: I think Bobby Heenan isn't even in the same universe as Paul Hammon, really, and that is not a slander on Bobby Heenan, because I think there isn't anybody in Paul Hayman's universe. I think his mic work, pound for pound, is better than any wrestler we've ever seen, better than any manager we've ever seen, better than any politician we've ever seen. I've never heard anyone be able to pause the timing. I mean, he is like his sensibilities for that are off the charts. He's one of a kind. And also what a great story he's had, going from competing against Vince to working with Vince to now seceding and outlasting Vince as he's there should be a second hall of Fame for guys like Paul Hayman.
Speaker 2: All Right, dude, Tiffany Stratton, she earned her stripes at WrestleMania, and I don't mean because she won, but she bled for her art. And it always felt like to me after the Attitude era, once a wrestler gets cut and you see real blood coming out of their mouth or real blood coming out of their head, the crowd kind of goes, hey, respect and they kind of give you that nod, right, and until you've bled, they can love you, but they don't really give you that like, holy shit it And that's.
Speaker 1: Why we respect death matches so much. You go, wow, every one of these guys is bleeding for that bro.
Speaker 2: That's literally like blood, sweat and tears. But in the actually all they got is blood. But she bled, she took some some. This was another one that looked like a real fight, man, Like some of the punches looked so good, and when they're beating on each other's backs.
Speaker 4: I was just like, you know what, that would.
Speaker 1: Hurt so bad if we want to believe, Yeah, it might be because it might be real.
Speaker 4: You know they were talking ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were talking ship and their promos back and forth. So it felt good. It felt real. Charlotte's WrestleMania matches always kind of feel real, like the one with Becky did, the one with Rhea did. This one totally did. And we said on this podcast along time, well we everyone kind of knew that she had a rocket ship strapped to her back. So now this now she's a made woman, and now it's gonna be sink or swim. And the WW does this a lot with with young new talent. They kind of feed you to the fish and they see if you're a shark or if you're one of the fish that's going to get eaten by the next potential shark. And they're going to give her a big swing here and see if she can handle the pressures, the weight, the matches and the promos that are necessary to be the champion. And time will tell you know, she's super young, so she's got a lot of not well, I don't know how much time she has. Hopefully they're patient and they give her time to learn and develop her craft. I try to equivalent wrestlers evolving to Jalen Rose in commentary, like when he first started on ESPN, he was not he didn't have it. It just you could see that something was there, but it just it was kind of all over the place. And he went from being one of their weaker options to one of their stronger, if not one of their strongest options, in the time frame of about a year and a half two years. And that type of growth is you can kind of see it happening on a week to week basis, and I think we'll start I have to look now as she's a champ to see the kind of growth and developments that that's there. You can You're only going to be as good as your writers, right, Like they have to write for her and to her strengths and keep it in the verbiage that she's going to use. If they're able to pull it off, then they've got physically the kind of champ that I think they're looking for. And not even though she is like the Barbie Doll, she's like a buff Barbie Doll kind of so it's kind of like a more modern champion as opposed to some of the smaller ones that they've had in the past.
Speaker 4: What did you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say they disrespected Tiffany Stratton. You know, she's she's the female main event of Night one of WrestleMania, and they introduced her first.
Speaker 4: They do that from time to time.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. I didn't like the idea. And Charlotte comes up in some sort of rolls Royce and gets like this crazy pyro and all this different stuff. But anyway, so so when it came to the match, it was it was good and I was very invested in it. Once again, once they got in the ring, it kind of felt like the Jay Ussa thing. So it was fine. I like it. My prediction is this is a Wrestling with Freddie prediction. I think there's going to be a time on this podcast where we're gonna say whoa, Jeff, You're right, they are gonna just bring in Mariah May to replace Tiffany Stratton's universe of where I think Mariah May eventually comes over to WWE and they phase out this Tiffany Stratton push.
Speaker 4: You think she'll be the new face.
Speaker 2: She can she can certainly talk when written well for, and she wrestles like the Japanese wrestlers, which is exactly stiff and tough, so fans like her a lot.
Speaker 1: She's so easy to get behind, like she's like she just like Maria May is like a very very in my opinion, just a more sharp in every single wrestling category than Tiffany Stritten.
Speaker 4: My prediction, very interesting, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Jacob Fatu is the new United States Champion. I know fans of La Night are like, what now, what now? I'll say this, I said it earlier, I'll say it again. Not everyone can get pushed at the same time. La Night's super over. Losing the title isn't gonna stop one person from going yeah. When he goes oh hey, like, everyone's still gonna cheer. He's he's bigger than a belt, so he's he's way over.
Speaker 4: And it was an earned overship.
Speaker 2: It wasn't I'm forced upon the WWE you will like me, you will like me that he earned it the old fashioned way, and so that's not going anywhere. So La and I fans fret not, do not worry. He'll have plenty of cool storylines. He's gonna still cut his cool promos, He's still gonna drop the sweet elbow.
Speaker 4: Everything's gonna be cool.
Speaker 2: The BFT still exists and will be hit, and he'll still win, and eventually he'll be in another title picture, just not right now. But Freddy's getting older. He's look at the freaking shape that dude's in. He's gonna be fine. This is not the UFC. He doesn't have to be twenty six years old and in the prime of his life. It's all it's all good. But Jacob Fatu is the friggin' man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's over too. I mean the mask is number two guys that are just super over, so it's not really that shocking.
Speaker 2: And his mic work like, look, he's not Marlon Brando, but he stays true to his style and his style's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Man like.
Speaker 2: I dig Jacob fut too, Yeah, I dig him a lot man. So, yeah, so that match happened and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Jacob Putt, I have a question for you and Alex, our producer, and for the Federation. So if there's an answer to this, I'd like you to leave it for us, comment or send it to us or tweet it or whatever you do. And if there isn't an answer, you can just say I agree, Jeff, because that sucks. Jacob fuck To comes out of gorilla as they call it in our industry, right, and he's got this amazing mask. He's got this really cool mask. Then he takes the mask off right at the top of this nine hundred mile ramp and then goes down the ramp, then goes into the ring, does the thing to the hardcam without the cool mask that he just wore. And then but my question is why is this always the case? Andrade wears this cool mask out but then takes it off at the top of the ramp and then goes down The Bludgeon brothers take their masks off at the top of the ramp. Like even Cody Rhoades wore this like Iron Man kind of skull. He took it off at the top of the ramp. Like, what are we doing. We've got all these great cool masks, wear them into the ring. I get, don't wrestle with it. You don't have to wrestle with the mask on, but like, why are we leaving them at the top of the ramp? I want to see the mask let's do it to the hardcam. Wear it in the ring. You you paid for it. Wrestlers, let's see the mask.
Speaker 2: In Jeff's defense, we are both huge masks. Love masks. We love them, all right. I just gave a bunch away because I ran out of room. Not wrestling masks. Don't worry some of the other ones, like the superhero mask, the ones you wouldn't care about. We're big mask dudes. We really like masks. I don't like when the mask comes off either. But I never even thought of that until you said it, and then I was like, oh yeah. I was like, Andria takes this mask off too early, too, before you even said it.
Speaker 4: And then you're like, and Andrde, why are you taking your mask?
Speaker 1: I want to get a good look at the mask, and also like it kind of like I don't know, you have a perfect opportunity when you're in the ring to like kind of sell it to the hardcam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then take it off and present your pretty face.
Speaker 1: And if someone is going to argue Jeff, no, that's not true. They some people do wear it to the ring. You're just playing too many video games because the developers don't want to have to to have him take his mask. Trust me, I did my homework on this, and they're all leaving their mask at the top of the ramp.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of mask men, let's get to your favorite match of the night. El Grande Americano, the Greatest, the greatest luch adorable times right, us versus versus Ray Phoenix, who was subbing in for an injured Raimi Stadio. Jeff, We're getting to watch the greatest Lucidor that's ever lived, in the prime of his career with one of the most jacked bodies of Lucidor has ever had. He's willing to cheat, which is awesome. He puts steel plates in his head and then does a flying headbut off the top rope, which is cheat. You ain't trying, baby, I love cheating, bro, I'm with it, man, cheaters in wrestling rule. Eddie was the best for that. So he's the cheats. He's got the moves, he's got the grassers.
Speaker 1: To make a Mariachi band wear American Mexican wrestling masks is the funniest thing I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen, and such a heeled move of all heel moves, and he's got the commentary team fully behind this as far as helping push the story together. They call him El Grande, they call him a medicano. Sometimes they just call him Jack Gable. They'll give a fuck, and they have so much fun with it. You can see them all enjoying it. It's such a great gimmick. I don't know who came up with it, but shout out to the creative team if it was them, If it was Chad, it was like, Yo, I got an idea. Shout out to Chad, if it was both of them. You guys are doing great stuff. And I still think Chad Gable is one of the most underrated dudes. Yeah, he's not undervalue. They paid him to stay there. His contract was up and they paid us, so he's not undervalue. WW knows what they have with him, but he's so underrated, and I think he's so good and talented, and he's one of your favorite dudes. So please wax poetic about this match and your love of Elkoronde Americano.
Speaker 1: I will. I don't know if I've ever said this on this podcast before, but I have an anecdote that when things get so good they're not yours anymore, they become the worlds right, somebody invented pizza, whether it was in New York or Italy, no one cares anymore because pizza is just world food now, right, Oh, a hamburger, that's American. Shut up. It is such a good idea that now it's world food. You can have a burger anywhere in the world because it's that good. Sushi is so good, we don't go oh as a Japan it's world food. Things just become so good that they're for the world now. Lucha door wrestling, in my opinion, has always been the most supeller and the best. I am a huge fan of it and with a very big tip of the hat and respect to Mexican culture and the luchidor culture. But that don't mean that we don't love the luchadors in America, my favorite country in the world. So to just spin a story that you're the American luchador is so beautiful. I kind of wish that it wasn't a negative thing that we were like booing America for doing it. Yeah, I would love it's wrestling.
Speaker 4: I think it is people cheering too.
Speaker 2: I think there's people that are doing the a's a heel I'm booing thing and there's people that are like, nah, fuck that.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's naughty and it's it's like it is. But I would love to maybe someday in the future see an American luchador who's just an American who loves being a luchador, who loves Luca wrestling, who loves the mask, who loves the culture like a like a Ricochet wearing like you know, like who can do all the luchador things as a respect to it. But he's like, I'm American. I would love to see that. That's my point. But loving this story and the story is so good, folks that it's it's going past WrestleMania. They didn't tie up that story, they didn't demask him to It's Chad Gable. They said, no, no, no, this story is not ending here. We're gonna keep this cooking. And so it was really great way to do it. Unfortunate the Ray Masterio got injured, but we still got to see Ray Phoenix, which was awesome and awesome. He was just literally lights out and I think that that match was by far one of the highlights for me. I also got to be like a little troll in the audience. I kept chanting USA, and we were like, we were like, this guy, he doesn't Anyways, I loved it and I'm a big fan of the story.
Speaker 2: All Right, you guys, please don't forget to subscribe to this podcast, share and give us those five star ratings.
Speaker 4: Our bosses like that stuff.
Speaker 2: Make sure you follow the show on our official Instagram account, Wrestling with Freddy and from the team here at Wrestling with Freddie. We'll see you Thursday on unsanctioned Thursdays on behalf of Jeff Dye, our man in the field, I'm Freddie Prince Junior, your man in the sheets.
Speaker 4: What whoa? And then we'll see you guys Thursday. A piece