Speaker 1: The WNBA and baseball are heating up, and with tennis Slams and major golf tournaments on the horizon, you can make all your picks with all these events and more all summer long on Prize Picks, America's number one sports SAPs pick. We got soccer going on too, the entire summer of soccers on Prize Picks, all forty eight countries in every matchup, and if you rep your side during the tournament on Prize Picks, you can win a trip to the final in New York. It's the biggest tournament ever, which means there's more opportunities for you to cash in while you root for your favorite national side and global soccer stars. Download the app today and use the code Debo Joe to get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That code is Debo Joe for fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Welcome back to this episode, Devoy Joe. I'm your host, Dame Debo Harrison, and I'm here with my co host Joe Hayden. Please make sure you like, subscribe and download where you get your show.
Speaker 2: How you're doing.
Speaker 3: Today, Joe doing great, brother Deebo.
Speaker 2: Another beautiful day that the Lord has made.
Speaker 3: I am going to rejoice and be glad in it with my good brother.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, sir, I am doing extremely well. Another day, blessed to be here. I'm on this podcast. Yes, my brother showing love, you know, love, receiving love. You know love, all love, all love, Joe, all love, all love.
Speaker 2: Brother. Look here.
Speaker 1: Later on we have a we have hottie and uncle coming on to rap with us.
Speaker 2: Talk a little bit.
Speaker 1: We'll go over some of the stuff we did in the gym and uh, a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: Get to know him a little better, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna jump into right now is a little bit of Stiller information, Yes, sir information, let's pop off.
Speaker 3: That's I ain't gonna let me. That's a fire steal his hat you got on right there?
Speaker 2: My brother?
Speaker 3: The hell that hat that never seen it, never seen it before?
Speaker 2: Is that right there?
Speaker 3: That's that's the one on one that right there is that right there is who those you d bo?
Speaker 2: You coming through?
Speaker 1: What the hat you said you was that hat is very impressive. Joe with the shirt, Yeah, you did that. What I told you, man, My hat game is impeccable.
Speaker 2: Respectfully, respectful. Now this one. If you like this one, yes, I love that. I know. No, no, you love this one. Yes. Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what's a stronger word for love. You're just gonna be infatuated with you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a one on one two baby. Okay, Okay, we ain't gonna be on.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday. Right, I'm looking forward to So I'm looking forward to it because you've been stepping with the hats.
Speaker 2: You ain't lied about its stepping.
Speaker 3: Step step step, big step, big step up respectfully, respectfully.
Speaker 1: Joe, Still is that have themselves a grounded, god fearing man over there?
Speaker 2: And Jeremy Binard, Yes, just right here, man, you pull it up.
Speaker 3: With a Bible in your hand, so I keep I keep minds on me too.
Speaker 2: So how important is it to dive into the word every day? What advice would you give to the young people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like I said, you know, go to him to get your daily bread. So like every single day, I'm making sure that I'm opening up my word, that I'm praying, I'm giving him the time because you know, he has blessed me beyond measures, and you know, he gives me Grayson Mercy's every single day to wake up. And so I just know it's a blessing to wake up and I have to give him, you know, my life, like he says, like when when when we when Christ died, we died with him, so and we we we got a new life. And so that's the way I try to live. And I just continue to try to bring the young generation along with that. You know, I never try to be you know, forceful with it, but I always just try to plant those seas and let God do the rest and pray for people.
Speaker 2: That's good. Some plant some water, but God gets the increase. Yes, sir, yes, sir, yes, sir listen.
Speaker 1: Man, since this got into the league, man, he has got the pistoberg Man. Since he has become a stealer. The only thing that has been said about him has been one hundred percent positive talk about his work ethic, how he's a quick learner. Why because he has work ethic, his willingness to take advice from.
Speaker 2: His leader, his better leadership.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, The guys that are his o jeez, the guys that are going to give him that information. You know his professional mindset and you know his confidence without irrigance. You know what I'm saying, Yes, sir, And it makes one hundred percent now since now, because he is a well grounded young man and he is grounded in his Lord and saved Jesus Christ, I would see getting no better than that, Joe.
Speaker 3: It don't get no better than that, Debo. It's a priority thing. It's a faith family football. I would call him the f's and then it's just the You know when you're grounded, you know where your butter is bred. So you're not gonna let people's waver your emotions. You're not gonna let Twitter and how people feel about you really impressed you because they don't know who you are. So the work's gonna work. The work's gonna speak out for yourself. You're gonna go out there, you're gonna grind, You're gonna put the work in. You're gonna speak to your Lord and save because you know, you know what I'm saying, you know that what's gonna happen for me is gonna happen for me.
Speaker 2: So I just love that the.
Speaker 3: Way that he's gonna be able to get through his trial and errors. He may not be like, it's not gonna say he's gonna be the best football player of all time, but I'm just loving that, you know that end of the day, he's gonna work and he's gonna be able to have his his priorities are in order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but just from his college career, I mean, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be a productive member of this year's squad, especially in that you know, in that in that slot position. I just that's that's the way I see it. That's the way I feel about it, just from his previous work. And this is one of those things where hey, he can play the game. And then it's the character part of it. That's a lot of things. That's that that's something that a lot of uh gms and and and and owners don't really dive into.
Speaker 2: It's the character part.
Speaker 1: You gotta have somebody that has character that that that's that is built on something that has a a grounding an understanding that it's not me. I need to do this, it's not all me, because now you don't have that person that's in that locker room like I need this, I need that. This is this, this is that like simple, and he is grounding. He knows that everything starts with his Lord and saving ends with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I love it. I love it. Brother.
Speaker 3: You need more players like this in the locker room because a lot of dudes they I mean just the football, his faith and everything. Because you know, like when we talk about character issues and we talk about not having to worry about him, you know, the end of the day, he's going to be out of the way. He's worried about football. The main thing is gonna be the main thing. So when he's balling out, when this contract time, there's no reasons not to pay him. You know that this dude is gonna be on time. He's gonna be in the meetings, he's gonna be doing what he gotta do. Great teammate, great locker room guy. Here you go, no question brother that listen. Bro, the more the more the.
Speaker 1: More I hear about him, especially you know this, this right here, this is not something that a lot of guys actually push out there at the beginning this special yeah, especially like I wasn't one of them. You know, I really, just like I said, it started really getting into it over the last you know, two three years when I accept Board and Saviors. So I'm not as vocal as some, but I don't. I don't sit and slide it up under. The First thing I do I get into my word good forty five minutes if not an hour, spend time meditate on it.
Speaker 2: Yep. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I shared it with people on my story just from one of my my daily devotional that I do story every morning as soon as that's that's that's one of the things I do. And to be honest with you, man, like I started to stop doing it at one point in time, and I'm like, you know what I can't stop doing Someone's like you can't stop doing it? And you know the thing that everyone is supposed to do is make more disciples. I'm not saying I'm a holy worler, but I know I've got plenty of messages from people that are like James, I read your story and I got the book, and now I'm in that process of walking my journey with my Lord and Savior and make a uh you know, a change in my life and become a save you know man.
Speaker 2: So you know I love it. Man. It's all in the way that you do it too, d Bo.
Speaker 3: Like you said, you don't want to feel like you're walking around more holier than thou because.
Speaker 2: You know you want to.
Speaker 3: I'm saying you want to welcome disciples, because it's like that's the thing. Some people get worried about Christianity because if you're a Christian they feel like, oh no, you can't do nothing bad. It's like, no, end of the day, we know I'm a sinner that needs a save you. So I'm not not here just to push it on everybody. But you are a walking you know what I'm saying. You know who you are and you believe in it. So that's when I listened to him and he said, I'm not going out and just forcing my religion Navas, but I'm gracefully like I'm here.
Speaker 2: You can follow me.
Speaker 3: I know I am. You know what I'm saying, but it is what it is. I'm here to reach good, you know what I'm saying. So the way that you deliver it is. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. But I want to go over here to Cleveland. Yes, come on, oh listen, bro, you got IYO, Yes, and that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Yes, sir, you got the old h Io. That's what I was saying to you when I mind my mic was off. I didn't know what mica was off. Yeah, you got the Ohio had on. Yeah you lebron over everything. You used to have a PA hat on.
Speaker 2: Right now. I love what they do. They just give me no, no, no Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Look, they not playing right now is still when they don't play they have I'm rocking with the Calves always, bron always. Cleveland is not going nowhere. They're not playing that. They're not playing Philly right now. So over in the Bronos they're not playing each other when they play each other. Like I said, it is what it is. But right now I'm always old.
Speaker 2: As you go to what what school did you go to? The university? Look, I went to the University of Florida. I was a Gator.
Speaker 3: My coach Urban Meyer, Urban Meyer coach, University of Florida, the University, the Ohio State University.
Speaker 2: So my college. I got ties in both schools.
Speaker 3: My strengthens and conditioning coach, the Great Mickey Muradi.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, and now you know I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I just got through the Lord. You got me cussing already. See That's what I'm saying. We know and you but look, you know you know right from wrong. That's what you know you're doing wrong. You can repent debo. I need somebody language. Listen, I need somebody. I need uh.
Speaker 1: The Ohio State University. One player that will come out here wearing a Florida hat. Y'all find me one.
Speaker 2: Urban Meyer would do it. Urban Meyer would do it. I said a player brot.
Speaker 1: He ain't never played, man, It's really about listen, man.
Speaker 2: The Gata Nation is.
Speaker 3: Over Ohio State because my college they played Data Data Nation. I rock with Ohio State because because it's it's on everything Cleveland, everything Cleveland.
Speaker 2: So I look out for Ohio State. But the University of.
Speaker 3: Florida, I'm I'm a mater while I went to the Hall of Fame for It's number.
Speaker 2: One is that because lebron do their shoes.
Speaker 3: No responsored by Jordan's exact Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: Are Jordan's talking about Old State Ohio State? Are they are there? Are they Lebron School? Are they Nike School?
Speaker 3: I don't know because that's not my that's not my university. I know the Gators, our team, Jordan's and that's my squad, Ohio State.
Speaker 2: I'm not going o h il because it's in Ohio. I rock with anything that anything at the land, Rod played the game basketball, Joe.
Speaker 1: Lebron, James, you rock with Jordan's, Jordan's.
Speaker 3: I love Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan's, Michael Jordan's. It was Michael Lebron just passed Michael Jordan's and me finally being able to say he finally let me be able to vocalize it because of his long devity depot for me, him doing this this long.
Speaker 2: Like let me ask you a question, Let me ask you a question, Let me get to.
Speaker 1: What you say with the Jerry Rice. This is Jerry Rice a fact. I understand that. But Jerry Rice was still a damn good receiver.
Speaker 2: Cut it down, cut it down.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody still catching uh uh uh?
Speaker 2: Jerry Rice?
Speaker 1: In that time frame? Are you go to running backs? Go to running backs? Look at Barry got the highest right yes, burying in the same time frames. Barry's off the chart, but Emmett had the longevity because he had to go catching.
Speaker 2: He needed to go those extra years to catch him. Okay, okay, you're telling me who you who? Are you picking Barry? I like Barry Sanders, no question, me too.
Speaker 1: I was scared coming in the league. I thought I was about play against him. I'm like, I can't have out there tearing up my A C L or something. He would have bruh, bait stop on the dome like and do all the No. I'm like, no, I didn't. I'm like, Yo, that.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about. I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, we're good and we're going to Detroit. That was my first game I played the mother like preseason Detroit two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and three. I'm like, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Joe bro I just I'm just I'm just baffled that how I can't like how how if Lebron I think it's a little bit just just passed him from the longevity?
Speaker 2: Why am I crazy? Is that crazy?
Speaker 1: Because because you're saying, you're saying the longevity is what made him better not the actual play itself.
Speaker 3: You got from eye test too when I seen young when I see young Bron, Jordan went and.
Speaker 2: Played baseball, came back and got three more.
Speaker 3: The only reason why I'm saying this too is the champion. When I look for my eye test and I see young Broun out there with the cass when he came out there from high school seven eight years into the league, I thought that was the best player I had ever seen play like more athletic, like when Kobe came out of high school. He was behind Eddie Jones. He didn't start initially like he's still. If Lebron would have went to the Lakers, he would have started off rip. He wouldn't have been behind anybody. So just me looking at Lebron with my eyes, I thought he was the best basketball player out of anybody. Then he started winning the championships, went back to Cleveland, did all of that stuff. Then I'm like, okay, he's for eye tests. Look, Jordan won six ships in the row, was best like immortalized. I thought nobody was ever going to touch Jordan. But then you see Lebron stay out the way Lebron got Lebron, it gots four has four ships. But it's like, I understand that. But if you have more ships, isn't what I would think makes me makes you the best player for my eye? Test, If you just want to say ships, then who what's my man that got eleven ships?
Speaker 2: Bill Russell? He should be somebody said test dunk Conny Way? I mean how many? I mean, I mean how many dunk contests? Brown? Do? He didn't do any dunk contests? Why not? Joe? I don't, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like Bron, I give him the two, No question about giving me. Look, I mean, I'm still kind of fighting with Kobe for the two, but I ain't go I ain't gonna go over there for I give him two, two, three, whatever whatever, But over Jordan Jordan played defense too, Bro, Bron plays defense?
Speaker 2: How many defensives?
Speaker 1: How many defenses awards did did he win versus Jordan?
Speaker 2: Jordan? Got like nine or ten of them things? Right? Man? I mean Bron got he ain't got one, dude.
Speaker 3: Look at Lebron. How many times? How many blocks he has? All them chase downs? Lebron, Nobody's just chas, Nobody's you. Nobody nobody's taking advantage of b Up. Nobody's taking up, nobody's taking advantage of Bron.
Speaker 1: I'm not, dude, I'm not listen. You think somebody was taking advantage at Jordan's.
Speaker 3: I mean, pipping was, but you can't say it was pipping better at defensive Jordan.
Speaker 2: I would say, so mm hmmm, all right. That's the other thing. That this other thing they started starting one spot. I'm not trying to talk. That's the other part.
Speaker 3: It gotta make me starting looking like I gotta talk bad about Jordan's up Broun. I have nothing bad to say about Jordan. Jordan is immortalized. Jordan did nothing wrong. So that's why I want. I want to listen.
Speaker 1: I need Jordan to give me the shoot deal that he gave you see yep, listen, that was.
Speaker 3: A great, great, great, great, great great deal.
Speaker 2: Thank you, m j.
Speaker 3: Broan ain't give you ban an't give me no deal. He didn't, he didn't, he didn't. But that's why you know, I'm this is non this is non uh bias, Yes it is, but wow, I did from I got to deal from Jordan. If it was bias, I would be like man Jordan's way more. I think Jordan is sure he can't bron can't pass him. It's my opinion. I think Jordan's number just right. It's one, one, A, one B. That's what I can say.
Speaker 2: That, okay, So what would have made Jordan just straight one? If he would have played longer, if.
Speaker 1: He would have played longer, what else did he have to accomplish?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Nothing, there's nothing. That's that's all. Okay.
Speaker 1: So here so a D when the coldest D lineman we're done seeing and I don't know how long because he didn't play longer, and somebody else comes and plays longer and takes up that time to beat his numbers or get to his numbers. Now they're greater than him exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what would look this, This is my question. Though.
Speaker 3: I think Randy Moss his career was shorter than Jerry Rice's, but Randy Moss, I feel like, if you want to say long time best receiver of all time, I think it's Randy Moss, but Jerry Rice's numbers because he plays so long and was so consistent, then that's really like how you can't say nobody was better than Jerry Rice because he did it for so long and was so consistent and so great for that long like him and Randy Moss's peak greatness of seasons was probably.
Speaker 2: Around the same.
Speaker 3: But then Jerry Rice just did it for so much longer, because literally.
Speaker 1: When I see it, okay, so do you have an idea of what their numbers look like in their peaks?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: But then that's when it comes like you're taking apples oranges. It's like who you your perfinal present doesn't have to be because his numbers were a little bit better, like the eye test would say if he has this Montana like, no, I will say, Jefferson's.
Speaker 2: Got today's thing.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Moss even though I think Rice there's number one, I'm still taking on.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm saying Gordon and Lebron thing. It's like I understand the only way he could have passed it. It was Jerry Rice just played this long.
Speaker 2: Anybody ever catch Rice's receiving numbers, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think nobody's ever catching nobody's ever catching a Lebron James scoring record. And he's not even a real and they say he's not even.
Speaker 2: A score.
Speaker 3: He's not, he's not, but he's the all time leading scorer of all times and he's going to.
Speaker 2: Be never twenty three years. Bro, you gotta be, you gotta be. See that's what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: Right, So if somebody played twenty you mean you gotta be. You gotta be. If you're considered, if you're going to be considered the greatest of all time, you played twenty three years, you gotta be.
Speaker 2: You gotta have all records.
Speaker 1: You gotta have every record, especially if it comes to over accumulation of like you know whatever. But like again, I told you, but the eye test tells me when I see Jordan Brown primed up, I'm Jordan's.
Speaker 2: It's Jordan's. Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we will go over here. This USA Today writer goes off on the Browns. He said, what are the Cleveland Browns doing? Seriously, we have no idea, he said. Both Watson and hasn't paid lip service to the notion that the locally I hate, locally Despies quarterback could be back with the team next year when he's current and fully guaranteed and widely deroyed contract expires. The notion that the notion that he'd return is almost as ridiculous as the notion that he could potentially start over Sanders, a second year player who needs a lengthy look at some point, as burying company assists to assess their options ahead of what's expected to be a rich quarterback draft next year, when the Browns own two first round picks thanks to the good trade, he goes on to.
Speaker 2: Say, and given.
Speaker 1: Cleveland's fans, and giving Cleveland fans seem to embrace Sanders to a degree perhaps approximate.
Speaker 2: To that.
Speaker 1: To their animus loom, why not just give the young man a long leash and park the very wow dude, this dude's tripping the very lame duck on the bench and Sanders dude?
Speaker 2: Who is this dude? Man?
Speaker 1: If Sanders plays well, maybe your quarterback question is answered. If he doesn't, then you're primarily positioned to get your to get his replacement at the top of the next year's board, maybe without having to invest further capital.
Speaker 2: ALIAS. This is Cleveland at last, This is Cleveland. Hey, bro, Yes, who is this cap oh Usa tripping? Tripping? He went hard? He tripping trip? What did Nate Nate Davis man?
Speaker 3: Hey, he went in on y'all, bro, he went in.
Speaker 2: I think they know why you going in like that, Joe.
Speaker 1: I said that, I said that yesterday. I'm like, why are you even saying that's a possibility, Joe. Possibility as what I'm saying, it's a possibility that yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Could come back.
Speaker 1: What they just want to lie to y'all now, I think see they told y'all what they we ain't trade Miles, Miles gonna be here, he gonna be here forever, and then boom, he gets traded. Yes, like every storyline y'all get this year, it comes out as this and then it ends up being opposite.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's going on, Joe?
Speaker 3: This is blatantly but he's telling us at the end of the day debo that I and you were saying the same thing. The owners, we see GMS, we see people, they gonna say something and next thing you know, they're gonna do another because they've been working on things behind the scenes. Stuff is going on, and they don't have to tell you the truth. They literally don't. So with the USA Today writer right here saying is when they're saying that they want to sign Deshaun Watson after the season, that's crazy. And he's saying what I'm saying, and what other people are saying, No matter what, you got to bite the bullet. You've already signed the two hundred and thirty million dollars. You know you did what you did. But end of the day, when you're saying this, you want the shan We want DeShawn Watson to play well. You have him under contract, obviously, you don't want him to not be looking good. So for outside, for everybody on the outside, you're just pushing Deshaun Watson as much.
Speaker 2: As you can.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, you're not going to sign him on this who contract, I would think not.
Speaker 2: You already gave him this bread.
Speaker 3: What we need to do is what he's basically saying is we need to play Chador Sanders, the young quarterback that we have that is thriving that everybody loves that the locker room is winning over that he's actually playing pretty well.
Speaker 2: He has weapons around him. Let's give him a chance with this team.
Speaker 3: Because if you don't find out what's your door, then you get rid of Deshaun obviously because you already pay them that bread. You can move on now, or you have options where you have two first round picks, so stop like you're just out here just saying stuff. You know what I'm saying, just trying to make sure your team looks good because if you have to move on because owners and gms behind the scenes, they're not saying this.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would hope.
Speaker 3: Not well unless like because in today, you already made the money and it is what it is, so you got to live with that. But as an owner, you're trying to make sure that your team and everybody looks as good as they possibly can.
Speaker 2: When when so the value doesn't go down.
Speaker 3: You're not going to deplinish the value of a player on your team if you can.
Speaker 1: So last ditch effort is what y'all doing to hopefully think that somebody thinks or somebody is willing to possibly make a trader for this man before the season starts. I think that's the only reason y'all saying this stuff right now. That can be the only reason, because all y'all do is tell stories and feed everybody bs and then gonna do something else, like they gonna feed this say he could do this and do that, and then if somebody was to say, hey man, hey we want to trade for him, let us.
Speaker 2: Get Cloud he had been off like a rocket.
Speaker 1: Joe, your browns, it is browns many browning man.
Speaker 3: Look, this is all I'm telling you everything you you we got actions that is going to speak louder than words. We're gonna have to watch and see what's going on during the preseason. We're seeing Shador and Deshaun Watson are in a battle.
Speaker 2: Chador is playing well.
Speaker 3: So hopefully when the season comes, when these games start coming, we're gonna have to announce the starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: This is we're in flux the boat.
Speaker 3: We're getting everybody's other information, all these insiders, right, and.
Speaker 1: You think you'll get your starting quarterback that's going to be your started game one or the preseason.
Speaker 3: No, no, I said after after the joint practices, after we play the Buffalo Buffalo Bill's joint practices.
Speaker 2: Coming out of that, we'll have a starting quarterback before the preseason game. The second preseason game.
Speaker 3: Oh, the second preseason second game, Yeah, first preseason game the fifteenth. Then we go to joint practices the twentieth, and then we play the Bills of twenty second, the second preseason game.
Speaker 1: Joe, I don't see them having their starting quarterback to after the third preseason game. Joe, I don't see him naming one till then, Joe, that's just me. I feel you like, as much as they doesn't win, back and forth on this and that and everything else, and then you see the quarter that they tracking all this man the young boy, the young boy doing better than all of them. I mean, he got less reps. He's going against you know, lower competition. But I'm just saying, like it, look it looked better. You know, he ain't got I'm just saying, ain't got no interception.
Speaker 2: No, no, for sure. He let the young boys keep running it.
Speaker 3: I mean, Dylan and Dylan and Jalen Green are looking bad either, So keep letting them throw the ball.
Speaker 2: See what's going on? Who's going to make the thing? It's crazy them saying, yeah, that's out of control.
Speaker 1: Look here, man, that boy Bjon Robinson with the Falcons.
Speaker 2: He just broke the bank.
Speaker 1: A three year, seventy five million now makes him the highest paid running back in NFL history. He will receive a record fifty one million guaranteed. And oh my goodness, this boy got thirty seven million dollars signing monster.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Joe, yep, yep, yep. That's twenty five.
Speaker 3: Year, twenty five year brody thirty seven to sign the paper reseat. He getting all that, he resigned that good market for s up, he gets thirty sevens off the rip in seventy five.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's seeing all that all three, oh for sure, all that for sure.
Speaker 2: Now what they gonna do over there in Detroit with Goobbs, that's why you want to hit the hell is? Look at you see what they coach say it, says Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Cryptic comments on how long Lions hold in will continue, he said, only time will tell. Running Back Jamier Gribbs has now missed five straight practices and still no deal in sight with the Detroit Lions. Joe yep, I guess currently he is the NFL woo thirty fifth highest paid running back, thirty first, sorry, thirty first highest paid running back. That's like almost dead last. If you're talking all starting running backs, like four point four six, that boy getting four point four six. Say Kwan had twenty point six, he just got twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, what see that's what that's what happened.
Speaker 5: They got rid of and they got rid of Dad Montgomery. They even got a leg of stand on what y'all gonna do. Man, when Joe they need to do something. They're gonna have to make him happy. Bro, They're gonna have to do something. And if it's gonna be what he's looking for to guarantee. But like I said, the nothing but the salary cap is not going nowhere but up.
Speaker 3: And when these dudes are bawling b Jhon Robinson deservingly. So even when your team isn't doing exactly what it has to do as far as wins and losses, you are doing what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Stand out the way, not making no noise.
Speaker 3: Same thing with Gibbs, he's putting up the numbers and then Montgomery, you got rid of him, you know what I'm saying. So now you knowing that you got to make sure that you take care of Gibs. So he's sitting in a position where he knows that he's out played his contract. So everybody knows that Gibbs deserves a signament.
Speaker 2: When you're seeing B.
Speaker 3: John Robinson signed for twenty five million dollars a year, it's like, okay, you know what time it is for Gibbs?
Speaker 1: For sure, they asked I guess they Dan Campbell his reaction to uh, Robinson's contract, and he said, uh, for Gibbs's deal, he said, it's certainly not going to hurt, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's man. He he wants some out there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The coach he don't got too much to say. If he could give, if it was his money, he give us the Gibbs. Ah what what who? They ain't got no.
Speaker 2: Real big paid players over there.
Speaker 3: They got they got, they got, they got Jalen my Man, Williams, J dou they got golf, golf. Yeah, you know, those three three nice bags. But they got they got, they got room.
Speaker 2: Man with us looking at them.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, Ryan is the president of the stuff over there and uh in Atlanta. Man, he getting new boys paid over there. Man, I got to get paid by him, make money.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Look here, man, go ahead, cut this down a little bit, baby, Jump on in over here. We go jump on in over here. Man, Cut this down, man, because right now we have we have our guests.
Speaker 3: They have they have finally arrived.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome a hot end. We have two of the driving forces behind Diamond Jim and the extreme I'll say extreme workouts that have led to a lot of viral content that you guys have been seeing over the past three years or so. Often considered the most dangerous gem in America. They have athlete, celebrities, influences, entertainers, regular people.
Speaker 2: You know, they just come to Jim and Jim and uh.
Speaker 1: To try and prove their self to do what they do and see what they could do. But we'll getting a little deeper into that. Yes we go through the interview, but uh what these uh, the these two men right here, they.
Speaker 2: They they shape they shape men and and it's it's it's through five. You know.
Speaker 1: I think when I first met him, here's a crazy thing, Joe.
Speaker 2: Look here.
Speaker 1: So my sons was like before this even got started, like before this ever even happened, shout out to NFL, NFL network in rob and and uh out digital in the NFL just digital they put they they ended up putting all this together, but at the league officer. But my kids sent me a thing and they like, Dad, how do you know I want you to go to Diamond Gym. They said, they said he was one of the people they want. They want you to get there. And I ain't gonna lie at the time, I didn't even know who it was. So I'm like, what are you talking about? They like here, look they showing me right, and I'm bruh, look at me in my eyes sho. I looked at that ship and I said, hey, Dad ain't built like that. No more, I ain't even I don't even got that desire, I said, So I need, I said, I said. I said the boys over there doing fifty thousand reuss bro I said, you're trying to kill what you're trying to do, right, So yeah, long story short, it comes together and they're trying to get to me.
Speaker 2: The NFL is trying to get there. I'm trying to get to them.
Speaker 1: And we ended up getting together and I'm like, you know, what, the hell with it, I'm gonna do it. So they ended up wanting to put us at some little gym somewhere or whatever it was. I'm like, no, let me talk to the Stillers. So I made a call. So we got down there.
Speaker 2: We got to the Stellers facility. Joe. Now, listen, this is the day before the drive, right Joe.
Speaker 1: I then did my little warm up, you know, I do my do my forty five minutes do all my stretching and stuff. They come in. I'm soaking wet. Whatever, Yeah, start we start, we start doing the thing. Hey, this nigga gonna tell me ay first set? Two hundred huh, two hundred, two hundred. Yeah, I say what I made like.
Speaker 2: It wasn't nothing, though, you know? Yeah, Early, Oh, what is the what is the what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What's that all about? Joe Man? Bring these boys on here, man, welcome to the show. Uncin hottie. Let's go. What's good man? I see you back there, boys sitting off in the corner. We here we here, Ja, James, I really like the introduction. I was very introduction. Yeah, appreciate it, preced appreciate, appreciate it. Yeah. I trying to do what I can when I can.
Speaker 6: Hey, James, he's up. He's scared to ask you about your acupuncture picture.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, what about it? You're as.
Speaker 6: I want you to be sexy?
Speaker 2: James? Whoa, whoa? You're talking about that body word and look through that. What is talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm in the National geographic Healthcare maintenance bodycare Middle easterns.
Speaker 2: Well, it's actually a picture that's way worse than that. I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: It's the whole in the national geography, it's the whole spread. Like, I ain't gonna lie. They made that thing to where they ain't covering nothing. It's a full backshot. They ain't covering hing.
Speaker 2: But I ain't gonna lie to you by that. Like that one. Yeah, they I ain't even know they was up over top of the Chamberlain.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh nice, I'm not here.
Speaker 2: I'm not here, yeah bright, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was wild. It was wild.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie, but I'm just showing the people the body work, the processes that you go through that to get where you need to be.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. They improved, but daring his caring. But to answer your question about the two hundred reps, we like to do things that not only exhaust the body, but exhaust the mind. So we try to make everything a challenge. And then on top of that, it's like we don't want to jump in the heavy weight because people will get hurt. So our way of preventative care, as they would say, is if we're gonna do chess that day, we probably do two thousand reps of just triceps extents and then we go into our chest press. We might do five hundred warm upsets they'll will go heavy, so that way we can just prevent injury, get the muscles flair or not, get them fast swished muscle fibers. And then it's also a challenge because if I do two hundred, how do you gotta do two hundred? The next kid gotta do two hundred. And then after every set we do thirty five pushups just to keep it. So it's like for us, is the harder the workout is, the more satisfied we become, because it's letting us know that the body is limitless, so to speak, and that your mind and your body are kind of in a sink. So when the kids come in and they see it on social media, they think it's a game today. Fucked excuse me to they messed up.
Speaker 2: You gotta know.
Speaker 6: Then they're throwing up and then oh, and no, we're gonna do the workout with you. So and that's another thing, and they say, well, unk, you don't do this because we have certain rules. If I don't break the rules, I don't pay the toll. But if you break the you close your eyes on the set, you're gonna do push ups. You drink water doing the set. You're gonna do push ups. You don't pay attention with the exercises what we're doing. You're gonna do push ups. And now was to the point that how he didn't understand it at first, and now he's the ultimate ruling for us.
Speaker 7: Now because I had to pay the price, James, I had to pay the price bro I got. I was getting beat off of, actually beat up for three years over the look I closed my eyes fifty push ups. Uh, my chote was an inrue short of Hunter burbys. It was punishment. So now I pay the same price.
Speaker 2: I that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think, I think when you look at it, it's a it's a it's a it's a physiological and a psychological you know, aspect to you know, this kind of training or environment because you know you're gonna meet people that are like you, and not only that, they're gonna be people that are going through the same sort of difficulties that you're going through. And now you sit down there with him, and you work out with them, and you go through the same training and at some point the pain comes, dude, all right, and that's something I'm gonna tell you right now, Joe. At some point the pain comes, and everybody's going to feel that pain. It's just going to be at a different level. Since they've been doing it long enough, they threshold for the pain. It's gonna be higher than what mine was. Okay, And when it comes down to it, man, and you're going through that, like, it gives you that knowledge that, all right, I already had it that I could go through hard things.
Speaker 2: I know I can make it through, you know.
Speaker 1: And I knew that it wasn't something that would kill me, but I hadn't went through what they did do the massive number of reps do it. At some point in time, your body is like I'm done.
Speaker 2: My body told me. It was like I'm done.
Speaker 1: And that's when I had to go into the you know what's the past failure. It was like, I can't be done. I'm fucking five minutes into this workout, bro, I can't be done for really it's impossible, and I'm like, they're still doing it. So it was like, as much as I didn't want to dig back into that bag, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, it's the only way through.
Speaker 1: It was the only way and the biggest thing is like the exercise that a lot of people don't understand, like it changes it changes your brain. Like it's plenty of studies out there that show that it increases, you know, just everything from mood to learning. And when you put your brain through things like that, you put your body through things like that, and your brain learns that this stress doesn't mean danger.
Speaker 2: It learns that it's something I can overcome.
Speaker 1: And that's something that not just for workouts that stress that you be able to overcome, but in life, in situations where you're stressed as a man, where you're stressed as an individual, and you learned that, you know what, this stress is not gonna break me.
Speaker 2: I can. I can work on this, I can overcome this. I can I can make it through this.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I think that's something that you guys have really got into now.
Speaker 2: Just over the stretch of you doing what you have been done.
Speaker 1: When did you guys start basically having this whole thing with Diamond gym platform where you were you know, building all this up.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty one, Okay, it's been almost five years now. Yeah, a little little in the middle of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, okay, okay in a filming.
Speaker 6: But the funny thing is I've been a Diamond since ninety six, so I think that's a that's a thirty ball. And then I met Hotty, but Hatty was training HoTT He's always been the athlete's always been in shape. So I would always leave Diamond and go to different gyms and just meet people and like, yo, if you really want to come train, meet me at Diamond because it's different from these commercial gyms. And here you exercise that Diamond, you train, not just mentally and physically. Like, so what happened was I used to i'd met. I used to bully Hottie around, call him pretty boy.
Speaker 2: And everything that man I got to.
Speaker 6: Go by and hit him with a body shot for no reason and he'll like this, and I'm like, yo, like do the workout. And then one day he was like the third party friend of ours reached out like we're doing YouTube videos, we want to come in Diamond, and me being me, I'm like, I don't like cameras. I don't want to be a part of no cameras. I don't want to do none of that. I didn't know anything about social media, with the gravity of social media, TikTok, none of that. I had an Instagram page, but I was already working out on it, Like I didn't know about YouTube and filming, like, yo, we come in a film.
Speaker 2: You all ahead?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm all ahead. I'm still man. I was before Instagram, Twitter, any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah came that day.
Speaker 6: I didn't work out with them that first day. I just walked them through the gym. We did a crazy workout, and the buzz went crazy because it was two different I'll just say it's two different eras, like meeting at the younger generation. I'm a little bit older, so my style is different from this new generation. And when we meshed it went crazy because we brought two different age demographics together. So then I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna jump in the next workout because I don't want to be like I'm telling y'all to do something I'm gonna do. But when I jump in, now we all gonna die, right right, Yep. It just kept it just kept getting bigger, stronger, and faster, and then the more we did it, it was like it was meant to happen because more kids wanted to join and now it's like we went from three of us filming, so now we got a whole family of kids. We got two kids playing football next year. They actually go to football camp August August eleventh. A lot of kids in college, we help them go to their proms, We help them go like to they graduation. We build the family off of pain. Basically pain. Everybody has their own little emotional structure, whether it's dad not being home, them have a low self esteem, and everybody has their own finger. When they come to Diamond, they get to let it out the right way and not the wrong way. Yes, you can discipline yourself in the gym, you can discipline yourself in.
Speaker 2: The real world.
Speaker 6: So what happens is a lot of these kids don't know it's okay to be angry, it's okay to have emotions, it's not okay to lose those emotions. What happens is these kids can't tame their emotions outside of the gym, so they end up doing drugs, go to jail, beating up people, hitting women, all types of stuff. So we give them structure in the gym. It bru it's nothing to talk about. Put your phone down or you so we let that dictate how they take care of themselves outside and it creates a sort of disciplined structure outside of the And with HATTI the great thing about HoTT he is people look at Hotti like, oh, he's a walk in the park, and he is a behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: He's a monster.
Speaker 6: He's a workaholic doing the YouTube videos, editing. He's a self made businessman.
Speaker 2: But in that.
Speaker 6: Gym, to see him going to gym. To be honest with you, and I hate to say it, when I look at certain influencers and this is just me being me. I see the still shots, I see the black and white photos. I see all this. I don't see the work.
Speaker 2: I don't see when the Jim's sweating.
Speaker 6: I don't see you when the gym crying. I don't see you when the gym about the pass out, because you get I just see your pictures on Instagram. I see the filters, I see the magazine photo shoots. So from him going to that world to really being a dog in the gym, it changed the landscape because now you got to back up what you put on social media. We don't care about the pictures you post. Come walk that motherfucking walk with him. All of social media influences his age. They come and try to get a test to that shit and they get dropped off. And it's not as being arrogant or us not being humble. It's his reality. This is how he trains every day now and then he models for a certain company. So a lot of those kids started training with us and they're like, Yo, this ain't no facade. This is really him busy. Like it's just like you, Debo, It's just like you and Joe. You guys performed on the field, but I was always taught champions have made when no one is watching.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir Joe, Joe tell him Joe.
Speaker 6: Are on the field. It's the ship that he doing the gym and behind closed doors that makes him a success story because he works hard. It's not giving some him. Oh he's Arabic, he must come from rich parents. No, he works his ass off and he believes in him.
Speaker 2: I know he got some money. The niceness, I know he got some money. Now money over the