Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Thursday, Dan and The Dante Dan Patrick Show. Lakers Nicks coming up tonight. That's spicy. Knicks are getting four and a half on the road. We say good morning to our radio affiliates. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. We'll come up with a final hour poll question. Jim Jackson one of our favorites. He is a Fox Sports analyst, former NBA guard. I'm gonna ask him if Lebron and Luca are the best duo in the NBA. Raiders are paying Max Crosby now the highest paid non quarterback in the NFL. Chargers say goodbye to Joey Bosa. Dk Metcalf wants out of Seattle, and the Bears get an offensive lineman Joe Tooney from the Chiefs. And that was a little bit surprising, but I think the Chiefs Joe Tooney was playing tackle and playing out a position. He's an offensive guard. Now he'll go to the Bears and hopefully help protect Kata Williams. Alexandrovechkin nine behind the Great One and Cavaliers have won twelve in a row. The Knicks at the Lakers coming up tonight. Whole question for the final hour is going to be what I'm populating this right now? Best best duo in the NBA right now? Okay, Lebron and Luca, Tatum and Brown would be the next one.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Do we put Jokic Murray in there? That's that's a solid duo right there, that's probably underrated.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, Let's see who else do we put in there?
Speaker 4: Uh, Johannis and Dame Okay, Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, Okay, maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: You know what I thought of it, I'm like, well, there has to be a duo that's better than Luca and Lebron. And I'm like, I don't think so. Now you can say Jalen Brown or Jason Tatum. Jalen Brown because of their a and what they've accomplished, but right now, and Luke and Lebron because Lebron is holding up his end of the bargain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paulie, the fact that we all paused with Giannis and Dame, it didn't really work out right off the bat.
Speaker 3: No, that cooled.
Speaker 5: They're above well about five hundred, but they're not they're a little off the radar lately.
Speaker 3: Paul George and Joe Ellipe.
Speaker 6: Oh that's not nice. Sorry, Sorry, he stopped doing his podcast to focus though Paul George.
Speaker 2: Now I want to hear from him. You know, it's like a reality show. When there's really stuff going on with people in a reality show, then they never show that. I want to hear from playoff p and how much of a mess it is right now. We also stumbled on deathbed sports confessionals and we'll continue that. Roco in Florida, Hey, Roco, what do you have for me?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: I saw Morning by the Way five nine, so I have sworn through out there with pulps tears. How hurt were you? Because you know most some of you are carried off and most some of your carted off and you're out for the game, you know, unless it's like a European like soccer or baseball. In Italy, they have that magical can of spray. I don't know if you've ever seen if they sprayed on their body wherever they're hurt and they just pop up. Other than that, were you really that hurt? Or was it for the momentum. Get the momentum back. You come out of the locker room.
Speaker 2: No, we had to go to the bathroom. I think you had to go to the bathroom. I mean that's the rumor. Got off the wheelchair. Yeah, yeah, I've had a few rough ones.
Speaker 3: Never need a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: Well, gotta go. Can you call a time out? And then all of a sudden run to the locker room. Darren in Bakersfield, Hi, Darren, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Love your show?
Speaker 8: I think well?
Speaker 7: I mean a cump the death confidential. The one quertion we all want to know from OJ is a true years a gun during the robbery of the property in the motel room.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, that wouldn't be the one that I would want to know, Darren.
Speaker 4: Darren, let me tell you something, Darren, he's playing his humor is four D.
Speaker 3: Chess right now? That is good job, Darren.
Speaker 4: Did you use the gun in the robbery?
Speaker 3: Fresh in Milwaukee, Ahi? Fresh? What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 3: DP?
Speaker 8: How about the death? Big confessional from referee Timothy Donahues.
Speaker 9: Oh I know he got something stinky to say.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim Donaghee, Tim Donaghee, Uh yeah, I'm sure he has some things to say. Anyway, he's already said some things. I would just like to know if there are other NBA officials involved in that. And there have been a couple of podcasts that talk about that, but uh, I don't know. We had tim on years ago, and I don't know. It always just sounded and it's not that he maybe wasn't telling the truth or kind of telling the truth, but it always just sounded a little back room shady stuff.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, this might be down the chart a little bit, but I got a couple of questions for jose al tu Bay, just a couple put at the bad you're in the clear?
Speaker 3: Nope, no pun? What do you mean in the clear? Pun?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying like when he was had his jersey ripped off and stuff like that, did he have a tattoo on his chest that was fresh? Did he have a signal there? Oh, there's a lot going on there that still want to know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you were talking about the cream and the clear or clear in the cream whatever it was. Joseph in California, Hi, Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Dan, First time, long time, six to fifteen. I had a deathbed concession. I'd like to ask Sho Tani was he the one betting? Even as a Dodger fan. I am a little bit curious, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's a fair question. It's a lot of money to not know where that money was going. But and the commissioner wrapped that up quickly. He was like, all right, we wrapped it up. Everything's good, Like wow, that was red. I admitted to.
Speaker 5: Everything after an exhausted four day investigation.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Julianne in San Diego, Hi, Julienne, Oh.
Speaker 11: Hey, DP, thanks staking my call. I got my car and I heard the DK metcalf body versus athleticism, and Polly asked win and care about that? So I thought i'd give my point of view there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: I am not an eight or nine, to be honest. At one point maybe I was, but I'm more like a solid seven now. But I'm pulling a ten. And I can tell you that if he wasn't at least as athletic as me or more, it wouldn't matter how good he looked. So you got to be at least on the same level, if not a little bit more.
Speaker 2: With that, all right, there you go, Unscientific but that's Julianne saying she's not an eight or nine. She's maybe a seven, but she could pull a ten. But would you like to look like Dk Metcalf but you're not athletic at all?
Speaker 3: The great question?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I didn't think I would be talking about that today, but then once again on this show, since it's scripted, I should have been able to have foretold that.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marv, do you know how bad people would judge you if you look like that you have no athletic ability at all? Like, wait, so what do you do? I would be asking what do you do?
Speaker 2: I would be okay with it. Why, well, because too texy for your shirt? But people look at me now and say, really you played and be like, well no, I just played a little bit growing up, so they.
Speaker 3: Don't you know, I don't look athletic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we would rather it be like you look like, you know, like a god, and then when you try to run, you look.
Speaker 3: Like like that's how you run. All I need to say is the following.
Speaker 2: If I was built like Dk Metcalf, I would go and if a woman said, oh my gosh, you must have played sports, No, I walked the runways of Paris. Oh that's it, game over, I think so yeah, Hell yeah, I'd love to try it. I don't know, yeah, walking on the beach all of a sudden, I don't think anybody's gonna care if I was athletic or not, or if I could throw a beach ball a beach ball, as Todd says, who throws a beach ball?
Speaker 3: To begin with? Yes, which would be werese.
Speaker 5: Th being jacked like DK Metcalf and not athletic, or being six or eight and having no basketball skills whatsoever? Like if you're imagine I knew this kid in college. He was six foot eight and he looked like a basketball player. He was the worst basketball player. People have to must ask you all the time, can you play? Would you want to play?
Speaker 2: I would be fine being DK Metcalf. I don't know why this is a big, you know, controversial. What about being six eight at age? Oh I don't want to be six eight and not be able to play. But if I'm DK Metcalf and I look like that, huh, I'm fine with that. Wait, you never played? No, you know, I'm I'm into academics. Oh, like you can steer this, however, you want to. I was a runway model.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I spent a lot of time with academics. That's very important to me and my mother. Oh he loves his mother. I mean, come on, I got this one ready. Yes, he his mother.
Speaker 3: It's weird. You know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is about this conversation is counbersation. You could look like DK Metcalf, thank you, you just chose not to.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't look like DK.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 4: Everybody here could have spent a ton of time in the gym and got themselves as ripped as humanly possible.
Speaker 3: Todd did actually for a little while.
Speaker 4: Uh and now, but everybody collectively chose to not do that.
Speaker 3: Todd.
Speaker 2: Did anybody say to you when you were jacked, hey, what sport do you play?
Speaker 12: They did not. They did accuse me of like taking steroids when I was at the gym, but that was more for like fodder and the gym and Brooklyn where looked like everybody was on the game.
Speaker 2: So that's a compliment I took that you somehow survived where they knew you weren't athletic, but you were jacked.
Speaker 12: Yes, they were complement on the physique and just see if you're taking something, but never like what sport you play or an Now.
Speaker 2: When it's guys who were probably saying, I don't know if the women were saying, are you Jeice Todd? That was guys, Yes, of course that's all you hung out with.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know why they didn't ask Jacked Todd if he played any sports? Why because he was so athletic you already knew, or was like so unathletic you already knew that he didn't play sports.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point.
Speaker 4: The guy looks shredded, but you can tell like this dude could barely put two feet in front of.
Speaker 2: The seat, and he played backup doubles tennis in high school and he was on the winning pickleball team at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 12: Two time all star in Little League. Yeah, Lincoln Savings Bank, Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: But I know I'd be the guy that I dropped a barber on my foot.
Speaker 12: Ah, and then they'd be like that klutchy guy that I hope no one would ask me to spot them. I'd be terrified if they had to like help them someone get a bar up their neck. Someone would ask me, here, you could have spopped me.
Speaker 3: This guy, he's like gigantic.
Speaker 12: I'm like, I don't want any pun of that.
Speaker 3: I regret this topic. I apologize. I'd like to apologize to DK Metcalf and our audience. Jim Jackson's fault. Really, yeah, where is Jim Jackson?
Speaker 8: It's not like him.
Speaker 12: He's always very punctual.
Speaker 3: Well, he'd put the jack into Jim Jackson.
Speaker 12: What you did there?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: I mean all Todd could be as jacked as he wants, right, and he could walk the runways of Milan and all.
Speaker 3: Of these things. And then the minute he starts using a pair.
Speaker 2: Of scissors, nobody, Well, okay, but that's a differentak.
Speaker 3: Out of broom, Like, hey, can you sweep this up real quick?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Like, there's that, but that's not that you're athletic. That just means that your mom didn't do any everything.
Speaker 5: For your function human.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like you picked up a broom around the house, and I.
Speaker 12: Would flex with that broom like nobody, I would just flex the bull.
Speaker 2: Remember, well, I know you guys remember when we cut down the nets the final show that we did at the Old Man Cave, and Todd was up there.
Speaker 3: So Todd because there was no lefty scissor.
Speaker 2: Let's just Tod did not Okay, what's more embarrassing, Todd didn't know how to use a broom or Todd didn't know how.
Speaker 3: To use it righty scissors.
Speaker 2: No, No, you didn't understand that. You pulled the net down, you create some tension and then you clip it. I did screw that, so you didn't understand that it's not the scissors, it's the scissor.
Speaker 12: I think they're both equally extremely safe.
Speaker 2: I think that you did not know how to broom use a broom is still one of the more remarkable things in the twenty years.
Speaker 12: It was just a vacuum cleaner. For the very few times that I did anything around the house when it was electric.
Speaker 3: Vacuum, I thought it's a broom.
Speaker 12: I take got the dustbuster and I pressed the button on hopefully it's charged, and then it was a broom.
Speaker 6: Rooms could be company.
Speaker 3: You thought it was a shuffle board. I did use it as a shuffle boardroom. It was amazing. Something you sweep with amazing.
Speaker 12: It just kind of pushing the crumbs into the corner, then gathering them.
Speaker 2: But we had confetti and and you were pushing it like it was a shuffle board.
Speaker 12: I know I could tell you the periodic table, the elements, but I couldn't do the broom of the scissors.
Speaker 3: Fil See that's why great point average is so overrated. It's booksmarts versus street smart. Yes, exactly, Yeah, it's me versus you.
Speaker 12: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would cheat off your paper, but I was covering the answers.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to come walk in.
Speaker 12: Here and get the same grade with me.
Speaker 6: I've been studying for this dust for a month, no way.
Speaker 2: I remember the basketball manager Greg Sliger straight a, and I basically was saying to Greg, you know, if you want to keep me eligible, you better let me cheat off your paper in chemistry. And then, but you gotta be careful you get around an eighty three. Ye Greg would get like a ninety eight, and then I'd be like, I got a hover in the eighty three. Don't want to go too crazy here, all right, So we'll see if Jim Jackson will join us. I had a great question there for him. Best duo in the NBA right now called Jamal Mashburn or anybody else who was on the Dallas Mavericks back.
Speaker 6: Then George McLoud. Let's if he's around.
Speaker 2: George McLeod, he could score, didn't have a fifty point game. George McCleod, Rando, Rando, Rando, fifty pointer rand Oh, by the way.
Speaker 3: Here's something for you.
Speaker 2: Let me see here. Here it is here it did. James Harden scored fifty points last night. He's got twenty four career games of fifty more points, so he's one behind Kobe. James Harden's fourth on the all time list. Then it's Kobe who is second on that list, because we know Wilt is first on that list. Is Michael on that list? Is he second? I'm going Mike, Okay, that's what I thought. I was like, Wait, I thought Kobe was second for some reason. But it's Wilt? Is it Michael?
Speaker 3: After that? Does that sound right, Marvin?
Speaker 6: I would assume so I'd be shocked if it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Mister great memory. This is when you're supposed to say, oh, yeah, it's Michael, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: I have Wilt with one hundred and eighteen fifty point games, Michael Jordan with thirty one, Kobe twenty five, hard and twenty four Okay, that's.
Speaker 6: What I said.
Speaker 3: All right, well done, Marvin.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, all right, we'll take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll see if fri Chieck and Lokate, Jim Jackson. We'll get to more of your phone calls coming up. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 14: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 15: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 14: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 15: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 14: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 15: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 14: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls chop it up.
Speaker 15: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 14: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kvin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Kind of a random performance last night with the Celtics. No Jason Tatum, no problem. Derek White and Peyton Pritchard. They were lighting up the night. Prichard had forty three, Derek White had forty one, both career highs, and Pritchard had ten threes. White had nine, So in the history of the Boston Celtics, they're the first duo in Celtic's history to score at least forty points. In the same game, Minnesota had twenty one three pointers as they beat the Hornets.
Speaker 3: Well, the Hornets are terrible.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 2: When they lose, they always lose by double digits. It feels like Shay gilgis Alexander MV. It should be SGAMVP let's get that started, because it's going to happen. He had forty one, so he's had thirty or more points ninety times since the start of last season. Next closest with that stat is Yannis with seventy two. Also Cabs beat the Heat. They're the first NBA team to qualify for a playoff spot. So far, they won twelve in a row. This is the third time this season they've had a winning streak of at least twelve games. I don't know if I like this song, this version of stat of the Day. I think if the vocals were a little stronger there, that would help. But Seaton, how about you? Are you picking up the ib off this stat of the Day song?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: So well that one I really like that one that we just played, and the other one that we played too, I think is really good. However, as I've said before, I'm down on all of these new stat of the day.
Speaker 3: Really I am. I am, I'm down on them.
Speaker 4: It's no offense to these submitters, but I'm down on the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I like to welcome our audience.
Speaker 4: In Yeah, I like to welcome them into it. Just in other areas, not in that one.
Speaker 3: But we were good with the Meat Friday.
Speaker 4: Songs, Yes, we were. Those were a lot of fun. They were Those were fun cover songs of things that we all knew and.
Speaker 3: We were like, oh my gosh, listen he's doing. You know your hamburgers are a wonderland. That's really. These are all originals. Well it's not. It's just stat of the day, staut of the day. Yeah, it's just not okay, it's just not for me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Didn't two days try to do a stat of the day? Do I have that correct? That two a day's recorded? Because to a Day's tried out for American Idol and it didn't go well.
Speaker 3: You know, he did a whose stats?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 3: Oh he did? Yeah, oh okay, yeah we had to meet Friday songs. We had whose stats? Do you want?
Speaker 4: Those are all listeners submitted. Those were a lot of fun. Those were great.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying to the audience, I want to welcome you in and if you want to contribute in any way, I'm happy for it. I'm open to that.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, I was thinking about a meat Friday song just the other day because it's been in my head on and off for years because it's so clever. Don't stop meat eating.
Speaker 17: Meat cooking and a smoke keeper and the smell of sauce and meat perfume. I can't wait to take another by the taskers.
Speaker 3: On and on and on and on.
Speaker 17: Working hard to get my film. I can taste that sweet meat. Still don't want pasta, don't won't rice meat, Just want more time? Stunt stump me, where's it? S tree?
Speaker 4: Really, Steve Perry, I can hear that. Yes, see, that's brilliant. That is fantastic coming content. I absolutely love that.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: Uh let's see how about Jasmine in Montana? Hi Jazz, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 13: Dan?
Speaker 2: I just was wondering.
Speaker 18: I we were asking about the basketball questions like the beast heuros.
Speaker 3: And what popped in my mind.
Speaker 18: Was, I know they didn't probably play a lot together, but what do you feel about like Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant when they were playing.
Speaker 2: Together, Steve was nowhere near MVP quality. But if I go down through history now Shock and Kobe, yeh, I'll take my chances against anybody with those two, you know, Pippin and Jordan. But if you say it's Kobe Shack versus Pippin and Jordan a two on two game. I'll take Shaq and Kobe, I will. And you know, I find this interesting how the media is trying to say nice things about Lebron without getting to the point where they say Lebron's the best player of all time because he's got all the stats and if he would win another title, you know, once again you're going against For some people your childhood or when you were first starting out your career, you hadn't seen anything like this. It's the first man on the moon. So everybody has this thought image opinion of Michael Jordan, and you have your opinion with Lebron James. And I also find this interesting. It feels like it's open warfare, open fire on Lebron. I don't remember any players being critical of Michael Jordan when he played, but you have players now, analysts now who have no problem being critical of Lebron James now. It could be for things. I don't know how you could be critical of him the way he's playing. There were analysts who were critical of him, saying, you know, about being the face of the NBA that Anthony Edwards didn't want to be the face.
Speaker 3: Lebron openly embraced it. He wanted.
Speaker 2: He grabbed twenty three like he wanted. He called himself the chosen one. He was King James. He wanted it. But it feels like you can criticize Lebron, but I don't remember anybody criticizing Michael Jordan. Now, they criticized things off the floor. You might have criticized him because of how he treated some of his teammates. You could criticize him for punching Steve Kerr, you could do all of those things. But I don't remember analysts being critical of Michael Jordan the player Lebron. Remember, he doesn't want to take the big Sean. He's afraid, you know, bouncing around all these teams can't win a title in Cleveland. He's going to go to my like all of these things. It just feels like it was you open season on Lebron. Yes, yes, Martin, But.
Speaker 6: Do you think Jordan would have been criticized more if we had as much sports content as we do now, because back then, how many outlets did you really have? You might may have had Peter Vessi come in on the NBA on NBC, but really that was it. It wasn't any daily sports shows saying, you know, is he better than Bird and Magic in you know, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But you usually have a contrarian a columnist. But nobody in Chicago was doing that. They weren't critical of Mike. I mean, there was a fascination with Michael. There's not that fascination with Lebron, which there should be. But you're right, no social media, but the social media would have been things about Michael the person, not the basketball player Lebron. It feels like it's about Lebron the basketball player. Yes, Paul, it does.
Speaker 5: Feel like the Michael Jordan was not a good guy stuff didn't really come out till at the end or after his career with documentaries and people comfortable talking about it because he was out of the.
Speaker 3: League's the same thing with Tiger.
Speaker 2: Nobody was critical of Tiger until you could be critical, and then all of a sudden people started to have opinions. Nobody's really critical of Michael. You're careful of doing that. I mean even now players who it's almost like they don't want to upset Mike.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, I think maybe the book that Jordan Rules came out, and it was never about Michael joined the basketball player because he felt invincible as a basketball player, maybe to eight year old Marvin, but other than that, it was really judging him as a person and how he treated other people in that book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Jordan Rules was a big that's a big deal. And when that came out, you're like, WHOA, okay, yeah, Paul, But you could make.
Speaker 5: The case even if Michael Jordan had all the media around him, there was no part of his game he didn't have at the time. I know he won Defensive Player the Year once. He was always in the top five scoring title, like eight of them.
Speaker 2: See, I don't I would just say his game. His game is critical of him as a defensive player. They knew if Mike wanted to shut you down, he'd be the best defensive player in the game. Like Steph Curry can't be the best defensive player in the game. Remember when you know they talked about Joker can't play defense, that that was a knock on him. When's the last time somebody said Steph Curry can't play defense? Like it's all silly, like you pick and choose. Frank Thomas won the MVP, and he was a terrible first baseman. I don't know if it mattered, But then you know, they'll pick and choose, and then all of a sudden, somebody's not a two way player, or oh he's not playing in the field, he's just a DH. Well, there are guys who were in the field who are detriment to their teams. But you know, we kind of just pick and choose what Michael could do whatever he wanted to do. If he wanted to be the best defensive player in the game, he would have been the best defensive player, no questions. But he was also asked to score thirty five at night. Nobody ever said does Iverson play defense?
Speaker 3: But you know what we hear.
Speaker 2: At Barkley says, as long as Larry Bird's in the NBA, I won't be the worst defensive player. I don't remember anybody saying anything about Allen Iverson's defense. Do you no, Steph Curry, No, But then you'll get a joker doesn't play defense. I don't know, he gets defensive rebounds, that's part of the defense.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yes, Bar In NBA circles, we fight eras like eras go against each other all the time, and a lot of times with Michael Jordan, people are holding on. Like you just said, nostalgia is the thing that's really keeping guys away from, you know, letting Lebron be you know, titled the Goat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the people don't there.
Speaker 2: They can be critical of Lebron and it doesn't feel like that's a big deal where they were never critical of Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: He is. Uh.
Speaker 2: Jim Jackson joining us on the program. Jim, thanks for joining us. How you doing today? You?
Speaker 3: I'm good man.
Speaker 16: Sorry about that, man, West Coast time got me all missed up.
Speaker 3: Man, No worry. Hey, we got a big we got a big.
Speaker 16: W last night with the clips. I will still celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: James Harden, James Harden goes for fifty. Yeah.
Speaker 16: You know it was one of those games, excuse me, where we didn't know what to expect coming off a tough loss against Phoenix up twenty two three. Kevin Durant Brooker kind of did that thing in the third fourth quarter and no Kawhi, but James Doug deep man, I mean thirty eight plus minutes again, and uh, the role players played well. Bogdanovich really started to fit into a role, and it's tough Dan as you know, trade deadline, integrating new faces kind of you know, Drew you Banks is in there, Patty Mills, It's it's just it's a little bit different. But it was a it was a great overall victory. Needed it for a team that wants to stay above that cut line at six for the upcoming playoffs.
Speaker 3: Best duo in the NBA right now is.
Speaker 16: Luca and Lebron, which is which is scary, I mean, because Luca is starting to fit in and trying to figure it out, and Lebron is acquiescing to allowing him to now initiate the offense, handle the ball, and it's only going to get better. And I think the biggest probably beneficiary probably is Jackson Hayes because now you have two playmakers that are able to attract defense, lobby to the rim, give you some other opportunities. So I think that team is in the West because of what's happened with Minnesota. I think Memphis is going to have some little bit of issues going down the stretch that the Lakers put themselves in primetime position to be a threat to Oka.
Speaker 2: See we were talking about it seems to be open season on Lebron. Analyst, Broadcasters have no problem being critical of Lebron, and I said, you know, granted, no social media with Michael Jordan. But let's say this was reversed. Let's say Lebron came before Michael Jordan. Would we be holding on to Lebron the way a lot of people hold on to Michael that Lebron all time leading scorer, like all the numbers that he has, and then Mike comes along and wins six titles in the first thirteen years. Would we be so quick to say Mike is now better than Lebron if it was reversed.
Speaker 16: That's a great question because you know the narrative around Lebron. It's very interesting because well, I'm gonna say this. I think we're critical in today's world on a lot of stuff depending on who we like and what we.
Speaker 3: Prefer. And it depends on too.
Speaker 16: It's I think it's it's not only Lebron, and the basketball side is other things outside of basketball. Okay, the whole Miami issue, when he chose to go down to Miami when it was to Cleeve, back to Cleveland now to La all that plays into more than just basketball. Mike did the same thing, and we judged on Lebron just being with Chicago. Then at the end of the year he un retired and came back and went to Washington. I think we would judge it the same kind of way. If Lebron had Jordan's mentality back in the day and Mike had Lebrons with regards to playing more like a magic I think we would do that. And that's the unfortunate part is that to me, greatness only comes along so often we've been blessed Tom Brady, a Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan. Now we see a Lebron, James and Steph Curry. Guys like this don't come along but when they do in today's world. But we did it with Mike. Though they did it with Mike early in his career. They really nitpicked that Mike a lot about he's not able to win a championship the way he plays. Let's not forget that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 16: It wasn't blasted across mainstream news as much because we we had newspapers, we had talk shows, but not a plethora of talk shows radio wise. Sports Center was kind of the main entity with regards to how we got our information and download of sports. So he was criticized, but it was all relative to that era. Lebron is criticized relative to his era, which is social media and all the other platforms individually, collectively and as a corporations. And that's why we get all of this I think backlash for or towards him.
Speaker 2: Talking to Jim Jackson, Fox Turner, NBA college basketball analyst, clips and the Knicks coming up tomorrow night, also usc UCLA coming up on Saturday. It's still hard to explain Steph Curry because you know, if you never saw him and I would say, all right, there's this guy. Mightbe six', three not necessarily, FAST i don't, know maybe, quick don a great, jumper but he's the greatest shooter in the history of the.
Speaker 3: Game like somebody would, go there's no, way no, way no, way no.
Speaker 2: Way it's what's the one thing that we should Really let's say you're a younger, player, right what should you focus on With Steph? Curry that if you want to be able to, shoot not like, him but you want to be able to be a really good shooter or get your shot off.
Speaker 16: His, footwork his footwork is phenomenal for how much he, moves because it's different when you have the ball in your. Hand you can, rhythm, dribble get your feet, set create some space and. Shoot but how much he, moves whether that's in transition and half court off of, picks so it's fundamental things to. Me, one his footwork in high squares his. Body, now he's gotten so good as a. Shooter sometimes he can turn his right shoulder and it's pointing towards the rim and a lot of times they don't teach you. That but as a, shooter he's become so much more comfortable with. That he can get away with it where a lot of players. Can now the form, release how he uses his, legs that's one. Thing but his basic fundamentals of his footwork is phenomenal of how he can run, fast gather his, feet get him squared, up and then explode into a. Shot to, me that's where the basis is. At and to your point, too About, steph think about. THIS i think the reason why he resonates so well is because he looks like anybody else can do. It A Caitlyn. Clark the reason Why caitlin And steph are so much alike is because here are smaller, individuals not as.
Speaker 3: Athletic they look.
Speaker 16: Like somebody walking down the street that just picks up a ball and goes play rect, League, okay but yet when they get on the, court they have this killer. Instinct they have something different about. Them and that's not saying that they're the. Best, okay that's not saying that they're the, best but that the best at what they, do and that residates with everyday people and it's a reason why they're so popular and they're really good people. Too So steph is again one of my favorites ever to, watch and had a chance to when we Play Golden state by The clippers at home to kind of just briefly talk to him before the game and just set as a basketball fan and a former, player how MUCH i appreciate what he's brought to the game just from a pure basketball, perspective the, fun the love that he has and he shows and to continue to do it as long as he, can Because i'm a big fan AND i love to watch.
Speaker 2: It final thirty. Seconds you can Have Steph curry's career Or Kevin.
Speaker 16: Durant's i'm taking, Steps, Oh, okay, YES i mean a little too quick, There, no, no because the SCORING i Mean Kevin durant is one of my favorite. PLAYERS i mean. Unbelievable but the Way steph has been able to get it done, again two different, people two different, situations two different organizations at the beginning. Out maybe if they were to kept oka see, together more, championships more, continuity that might be a different. Answer but, today What steph has been able to do and win with one, team that's what you want as a player because that's your legacy With Golden.
Speaker 3: State And i'll take that in a. Heartbeat good to talk to you is always thanks for making.
Speaker 16: Toys, ah you got, it.
Speaker 2: Brother That's Jim, Jackson Fox, TURNER nba college basketball analysts will take a. Break last goal for phone, Calls what we, Learn what's in store? Tomorrow right after, this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App last goal for phone, calls what we, Learn what's in store? Tomorrow and this day in sports. History, ALRIGHTY i THINK i got to everything THAT i was planning. On, Oh Travis kelcey on his New heights podcast talking about returning for one more.
Speaker 9: Season the big thing is THAT i love playing the game of. Football it's a good REASON i love. PLAYING i still feel LIKE i could play it at a high, level and possibly at a higher level THAN i did last. YEAR i don't think it was my best. OUTING i let my guys down in a lot more moments THAN i helped, Them especially if you look at my track record and How i've been in years, PAST i, just you, KNOW i want to give it a good. RUN i got a bad taste in my mouth on HOW i ended the year and how WELL i was, playing and you know how ACCOUNTABLE i was for the people around. Me AND i love so many people In Kansas, city both in that facility in the, community and it's home for.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: NOW i love it that he wants to come.
Speaker 2: Back nobody should tell you when to retire if you still have that desire and the, ability more, importantly the ability to be able to, play it's just you get into this dangerous. TRAP i thought that if he won The Super, bowl he would have. Retired so you don't win the Super. Bowl he didn't play well and was he injured was he under the weather and now you want to come back because left a bad taste in your?
Speaker 3: Mouth?
Speaker 2: Okay can you have a scenario where you don't win the Super bowl where you're satisfied and then you can walk.
Speaker 3: Away that would be my one.
Speaker 2: Question If Travis kelcey came, on give me the scenario you don't win The Super, bowl but you're you're okay with walking away from the.
Speaker 3: Game, yes, marmon what.
Speaker 6: If he has a great individual game and they lose just by a small, margin, like, say do you think it would have been easy for him to maybe consider retiring if he had ten CATCHES fo one hundred and fifty yards and two touchdowns against The eagles because he, SAID I i didn't play, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah well it was, we he sure. Was there's a whole lot of, we not just.
Speaker 2: You BUT i don't know if, HEY i had a great, game you, know because then you, go, man we were so. Close i'd like to come. BACK i know how this. Works it's really really difficult to walk. Away but we've seen guys who walk away and then come. BACK i, mean, LORD i was there For Sugar Ray leonard's first retirement In. Baltimore he retired six. Times final results of The pole Question. Seaton, yeah we got up there right.
Speaker 4: Now the best duo in THE nba right, now right now is, Well lebron And luca have about sixty one percent of that.
Speaker 3: Vote.
Speaker 4: Yeap second place Is Yokich, murray third, Place Tatum, brown fourth Place Joannis.
Speaker 3: Dame, okay those are all great, duos, Though, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it feels LIKE i would Put tatum And brown pretty close To luca And. Lebron you surprised that they're in third down not. Second, yeah, YEAH i Mean Jamal murray can be. GREAT i don't think he's a nightly. Great and if we're talking, duos you, know the consistency is not always. There and, Look murray's come back from a terrible knee injury played great in THE Nba. Finals BUT i wouldn't have them second on that. List that might be a tribute To, joker as good as he is this day in sports.
Speaker 5: History paul Just One dan nineteen eighty, Three The United States Football league began its first season with debut Games Quick, quiz who led the league in, rushing who led the league in. Passing the debut, season eighty three of THE usfl Herschel Walker herschwalker's correct four hundred and twelve carries for eighteen hundred. Yards he didn't WIN mvp. Though Kelvin, bryant the running back Of. Philadelphia i'll give you a. Hint this guy did play in THE. Nfl who was a? Quarterback BOBBY A. Bear BOBBY A bear is? Correct, boo nice. Job twenty seven touchdowns For BOBBY A. Bear he also played With New Orleans.
Speaker 2: SAINTS i was actually covering The New Jersey generals back.
Speaker 3: THEN i was living In New. York, todd would you learn?
Speaker 12: Today IF i asked you Which celtics teammates are the only ones to eat score least forty points in the same, game you likely would not have. Said Peyton pritchard And Derek white.
Speaker 3: Seton what did you learn? Today Mike florio's had some. Interactions, yeah it said That Dirk cutter and him had some words. Before, yeah maybe you're not doing your job if you don't have a run in with, somebody you know somewhere along the. Way, marvin what did you learn?
Speaker 6: TODAY a caller compared me To Sheldon cooper from The Big Bank.
Speaker 3: Theory, Yeah Jim parsons you're a. Brainiac got get?
Speaker 6: Gay only a sports?
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, paul would you learn? Today Bobby aber mentioned, Today, todd what DID i?
Speaker 3: Learn Jim jacksons Says katie is one of his favorite.
Speaker 12: Places but you'd rather Have Steph CURRY'S nba.
Speaker 2: Corewer, Yeah i'd rather be the greatest shooter of all. Time, no that's pretty good when you start out your resume with the, uh can you give me career? Accomplishments? Uh greatest shooter of all? Time, okay most cars on the road could use a LITTLE. Tlc At, maco we bring your car back to. Life affordable paint chomps like collision. Repairs get a free estimate. Today uh, oh better Get. Mako thanks for joining, us phone, calls, emails, tweets all around. Support do it again. Tomorrow Dan Patrick show