Speaker 1: Times, Joy Cracker, bring we will see you.
Speaker 2: To's the Gunner. Welcome one, hang out, Welcome to the Just Baseball Show. It is Friday, July thirty first, and that's Jack McMullan. I'm Peter Rapple and today trade deadline predictions. Jack's got three, I've got three, and we got five bangers their user submitted from our discord. A lot of mock trades. We're gonna dive in do all of them, and then we'll end it with a preview of the best games of the weekend. And it's all brought to you by bet MGM. Did your home run bet? Home run bet come up short? What's wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 2: Thanks to this MLB No Sweat home run token, you don't have to worry if your bet didn't clear the fences. Just activate your token when you bet on any player to at home run in any MLB game, and if that player fails to go yard, you're gonna get your stake back in bonus bets. Keep the action in scoring position with bet MGM, the King of the Big Swing, and remember to use promo code Just Baseball to unlock that new player offer, because if your first pick loses after you use promo code just Baseball, you'll get it all back in bonus up to fifteen hundred bucks. Jack hopefully slurring over my words twice in the intro is the end of me slurring my words? And we could just have smooth trade deadline predictions.
Speaker 1: What do you thinks? It's okay?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Heck of a start from you. I look forward to seeing how you can make it even better from a great start. I like that.
Speaker 2: And you even you enunciated some of your words though. That sounded good. That sounded a much more professional than my intron jab. Yeah, just a little jab your way, mumble man. So we can start with the AJ Mintor trade. But I kind of have a trade deadline prediction on the Mets me too. I prefer to talk about it there, and you do too, So we're definitely going to cover that trade. But just first reaction, AJ Mintor to the New York Mets, did you jump off your couch and excitement that my Minnesota twins are officially hashtag buyers?
Speaker 1: No, my first reaction was, well, Jeffers isn't going anywhere. Catcher market gets even lighter. That was my honestly real reaction to it mintor this is the start of a fire sale for the New York Mets and the Minnesota Twins capitalized in Benny Agbayani's son. I believe Bruin Agbayani he is. He's part of that trade return, which is really interesting. Uh. And then the other guy involved in the deal is like a serious power threat Amy Billy Amick and swing it. So I don't know, it's an interesting return for aj Mintern. You feel like David Stearns could be looking at an entirely revamped top twenty prospects in the met system.
Speaker 2: I agree, and we'll talk about that later with my trade deadline predictions. And when I mean later, I mean right now. Let's get to my three trade deadline predictions. Unless you got something off the.
Speaker 1: Top, No, are we doing your discord first?
Speaker 2: Oh what do you think?
Speaker 1: You know? What do you and then let's do discord and then let's do me.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that idea too. So I have three Discord's got five, and then you have three. All right, let's start with the most obvious trade deadline prediction in the history of trade deadline predictions. But the reason I bring it up is when you hear the name Trek Scooble, you assume he's going to the Dodgers. But everyone else has their take. They think Milwaukee has the system. We were talking a bus are only yesterday and he said the Dodgers of the favorites, and the Brewers are number two. What about the Tampa Bay Rays they got a new owner. We've talked about that at length. We've also heard the Cubs getting mixed in the Braves, the Phillies, potentially even the Yankees. Trek's scoople is heading to the Los Angeles Dodgers, folks, and it comes down to this. I know it's very boring to start off, but it is Tarek'scooble, and it is my prediction. I'm trying to be right, not just trying to do mega galaxy brain thinking. I want to get one right. And I feel good about this one because I think the Dodgers are up against it when they think to themselves, we got a three pet and what does bringing Terrek Scooble in do for you? Doesn't guarantee anything, but it brings you a lot closer to three peeting before the lockout. Because with this impending lockout, we're likely going to it's going to lock out on December first. Now I don't know if we're going to miss games, but it seems increasingly likely. So if they're worried at all about twenty twenty seven, if they're worried at all about a salary cap or any of that type of stuff, make the move now. Trade from your glut of top outfield prospects. Trade an MLB ready starter, and you're taking him away from some other contenders, because if the Brewers go get Trek Scouoble, you might be in trouble. And reason number three, they actually need a starter they do. Snell, you have no idea what he's gonna look like when he comes back. You assume he's gonna look good, but you have no idea. Tyler glasnow you have no idea. Shoheo Tani is still dealing with anything. He was out of the lineup yesterday. For the Dodgers. They need a starter, Trek Scooble. They can. They could pay him the ten million dollars remaining. They have the prospects to do it. Jeff Passen came out and said, I think a few days ago that Ryan Jeffers is preordained to the New York Yankees. I think the actual only preordained guy at this deadline is Trek scoobl to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can get behind that thought. I think that there are other teams that will. You know, it's almost like matching an offer sheet in the NBA. That's the way that I want to describe this. There is no such thing as restricted free agency in Major League Baseball, but restricted free agency the way it works in the NBA is you have this offer sheet where the I don't know how many NBA teams are there, thirty or thirty two? Do you know, uh, thirty, I think whatever, like every other NBA team doesn't matter, every other NBA team and like, offer this contract to a restricted free agent, and the team that currently employs them has a right to match it and just hold them so like a couple of years ago, as DeAndre Ayton like. There are way better examples of that where it's like, okay, submitting an offer sheet and the team that has you as the right to match it. I almost view this trade market for school ball as like restricted free agency in favor of the Dodgers, where like Okay, the Brewers are offering X, Y and Z and the Rays are offering X Y. Dodgers, you want to do better And if they say yes, then they get them. If they say no, then the other team gets them. So I do feel like they will have veto power because of the package they can put together and frankly may want to put together for rental school.
Speaker 2: And one thing that we heard today, First of all, I love that comparison number two. The Rays came out and said that they're not willing to part with THEO Gillen, their top prospect, and the Brewers came out and they said that we're not willing to part with heyesus midey. It makes sense. I'm not saying that those two would have to be in a deal for Trek schoobl I think they're too good at prospects, even for a rental school.
Speaker 1: It's just a little bitt its no sense.
Speaker 2: However, I do feel like if there was a team to pry Schooble away from the Dodgers, it would be the Rays of the Brewers, and that would be the piece that they dangle where it's like, well, now we have to do it. So taking those two off the table. It's just so lined up for the Dodgers to make a deal here.
Speaker 1: The other thing is Detroit is ready to compete again next year. Yep. And in terms of in terms of like proximity, the Dodgers can put together the best package. Emit Shean could be in that package, and she and could be a mid rotation guy for the Detroit Tigers next year. They can also, Like you're telling me that they present an offer of Shean and Mike Serota, who could be in the Tiger outfield next year. You don't think they're saying yes to that? Like, I think it's abundantly clear that they have the proximity and the talent to win out in any rental Schooble package.
Speaker 2: Thousand percent agree. And I would even take it a step further if the Tiger said, no, we need Robleski instead of Shean. Do you think that's gonna stop the Dodgers from ultimately making that deal? Of course not, so they can keep inching up and get the best out of the Dodgers. Like, I think the Tigers are going to make a killing on this trade. You're gonna have to overpay if you want Trek Scooble, and you have the Dodgers not only interested, but we're bordering on they need a starter. It's I think it's the biggest lock of the deadline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can get behind that.
Speaker 2: Which means it ain't gonna happen because there are no locks at the deadline. But if I were to call one, that would be number one. Let's get to my second trade deadline prediction. Here's where we can start talking about the aj Minter deal. Trade deadline prediction. Number two. The New York Mets have the best overall deadline. So I think about this for a few reasons. Number One, I look around Major League Baseball right now, and I ask myself, who are the solidified sellers who has been consistent with their language the entire time? Because other teams have flip flopped. They want to buy, they want to sell. We aren't totally sure. I guess I would throw that question over to you. When you think of teams that you have known are going to sell for at least the last month, let's say.
Speaker 1: Name them the Giants their god awful assets. Yeah, the Angels and their god awful assets.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, they have some good assets. But I also wouldn't really.
Speaker 1: Because Logan o'happy and a big league pitcher were moved for a guy that is opsing like seven to twenty in High A. But apparently Mozeylac thinks he's a top thirty prospect in the organization.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you, because Mozaeylock is at the Helm, I don't think that he's gonna get returns. And like three weeks ago, Perry Bassi was at the Helm saying they kind of want to buy, or at least they're not giving up debt merges or Soriano, And now you have front office turnover. I can't imagine John Mozaylock is in the best spot in the world in order to nail all of these deadline moves. Like I already think he's over one. So I would agree with you the Giants, but a lot of their assets are either Luisa Ryan.
Speaker 1: One hundred and eighty million dollars devs.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So the Giants would be one, but the Mets have better assets. I'm not even counting the Angels. Name me another one.
Speaker 1: I mean the Rockies and their subpar assets. The Mets were built to compete this year and they just stink. So like I, it is set up in a way for them to win the deadline. I hear you.
Speaker 2: So that's reason number one. Reason number two. I don't think Mets fans want to hear this, but I think this is where David Stearns might be at his best is identifying prospects, identifying young talent using his model enable in order to trade away players to get prospects. Because he's gonna have a lot of model wins. I almost guarantee, whatever your thoughts are about about aj Mintor, the Mets feel that they are one to zero on trades already because you look at the return two offensive pieces that slot into their minor league system for aj Mintor, who's only thrown twenty three innings this year, albeit to a fantastic low two s ERA. However, he's not the aj Mintor that we saw in twenty twenty two with the night Shift that aj Mincher was humming ninety seven miles an hour at the top of this this Ajmncher throws ninety three with a really good cutter, and that cutter is his bread and butter. But he doesn't have a lot of other pitches to go to. He's not an eighth inning guy. He might not even be a seventh inning guy. I think he's just a really solid middle of the bullpen type guy. And the Mets already got two offensive pieces. So I think David Sterns like this is the deadline where he can really really capitalize on all of these different pieces. And then reason number three almost goes back to number one, where they've had now this plan for a long time, Like you gave David Sterns enough time to basically gear his model in order to get the most value out of all of these different assets. You combine all of those different things, and the Mets are already active, like, we know what we're doing. I think the Mets are going to crush this deadline. Well, there's a ton of buyers and some sellers, but you don't really know what they're doing. When you call David Searns, you know what you're doing, and those phone calls can go quickly, which I think is going to help gms make moves quickly, which again then will help David Sterns get more value.
Speaker 1: So you have a quality of deadline prediction. I have a quantity of deadline prediction for the New York Mets, But I will make you sit and wait, what's your third?
Speaker 2: But do you agree with that? Like, who would you say if you had to predict your winner of the deadline, would you agree?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think winners of the deadline are guys that get big league pieces or teams that get big league pieces. So I like, I can't sit here unless it's the White Sox and Rick Han's parting gift to that organization a few years ago. Like, I can't sit here and say they won the deadline if they're moving so many guys like oh, yeah, you traded your entire bullpen you won the deadline. That's really hard. I guess we can have that conversation in the off season, or if it just blows you away, we can revisit this conversation next Tuesday after the deadline happens. But I view deadline winners as teams that got better at the deadline. So in terms of the sellers, I think the Mets are in a position to win among the sellers at the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: You kind of put me in my place there. I'm with you. Yeah, no, I totally.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know what, the Rays got a rise in school but the Mets got so many assets.
Speaker 2: What I will say is, because we dive into both sides on this podcast, this podcast is going to be very pro Mets once the deadline is over, because we're going to talk about all the prospect value that they got.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I think, So there we go.
Speaker 2: Let's move over to my third deadline prediction, and this is a gut feeling. I think the Atlanta Braves are going to have a really disappointing deadline. And here's what I mean by that. So the Brave system is better than it has been. Right when we talked to Buster yesterday, he said that the system has been better over the last couple of seasons. Arm has uttered the same sentiment. They have the most young talent in their minor leagues that they've had in a good while. And I think people are starting to push a lot of players to the Braves considering they have needs. But I look at the roster and I say, I don't know if they have desperate needs, which makes me think Alexanthopolis is going to be very measured at the deadline, which he is already. Typically, and typically the Braves don't do a lot. So here's my thinking the Braves might get a dust in May, and that's the deadline. Even Buster said yesterday the Braves are going to get somebody. I don't think it's going to be anybody crazy because I look at their rotation and it's just enough. It's just good enough for alex Anthopolis to say, all right, we don't have to overpay for a starter. Their corner aulefield situation is just good enough where we don't have to pay for a corner aulefield bat like a Taylor Ward or something, because they say, well, Kunya will be able to play right field more consistently instead of Dahing, which moves Mike Yastremsky to the bench. And then we like Mauricio Dubon and left or Yastremsky and left, and that can be a pretty good platoon. And we're good on offense. We got Haste and Kim coming back at shortstop. We're good, our catcher situation taken care of. We have Matt Olson. And this is almost a testament to the Braves team. I think the Braves have a really good team. My issue is that if they don't overpay, if they don't really go for it, I just don't think you're going to beat the Dodgers. And I think you're putting a lot of pressure on a pitcher like Spencer Schwellenbach coming back from injury, or you're putting a lot of pressure on some really young pitchers who are also coming back from injury, like an aj Smith Schauver, like a Hurston Waldrop, And I think it's going to be pretty disappointing for Braves fans. So I have my perceived winner, even though you kind of put me in a blender. Is a winner a seller, No, But I couldn't pick a buyer that's going to be a winner because you know, it's all too complicated. Yeah, I think you're right there here, though it is a gut feeling the Braves, and it's also just based on historical trends with Atlanta, Braves have a very disappointing deadline.
Speaker 1: So not one of my predictions, but I will offer a pushback and I will kind of give you a fourth celeb shot prediction here. I actually think the Braves go big swinging, and I think they do it in a pretty unorthodox way. And this is my outa left field tinfoil hat one. A lot of people want to talk about the Red Sox and the Yankees being in the shortstop market, but I think Atlanta would be an awesome spot for zach Netto to go. I think zach Netto with the Braves and a rental starter, maybe Gosman making his return to Atlanta. If they go and get Kevin Gosman and zach Netto, they could win the deadline for sure. Netto in that lineup would be disgusting, and they have the prospect capital to do it. They're not going to move Eric Hartman, There's no doubt about that. But how many Tight South the Scene included Max have we seen? How many Owen Murphy included mocks have we seen? I wonder what Mozaelac would want for Netto. It would probably have to start with Tate South the Scene. I think that Netto and Atlanta would solve a lot of problems because it has been impossible for them to find a short stop since Dansby, Swanson and Neto. I know the defense has taken a massive downturn this year, but it seems like there's a level of stability that they haven't had since Dansby that could be there at shortstop for the Atlanta Braves. They tried it with Arcia, they tried it with Von Grissom, they're trying with Hasung Kim. Now Jim Jarvis is playing short every day for them. Nick Allen played short every day for them last year. This is the curbing of all of the issues that Atlanta has had for the last five years. I think that they should swing big and go for a guy like Netto.
Speaker 2: Do you think in order to get Zach Netto they'll have to quote unquote overpay.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because the Angels are clearly signaling that they're open for business, and they're already moving o'hapi, and they're already listening on Solaer and Adell. And I understand that Neto is three times the asset that any of those guys are, But Neto seems like the easier one to pry away based on the dialogue and the reporting over the last few days, then a Debtmers or a Sorana. For some reason, it seems like they're hugging them tighter than Netto, which is crazy because you have a franchise shortstop.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think the dialogue is kind of saying that I'm with you. I just think, and you know this is a guess at the end of the day, that to really pry away a twenty five year old shortstop from a team that doesn't have a lot of good young assets, you will have to overpay. And that brings me back to my original point, where I think the Braves are in a situation where they don't want to overpay and they don't have to. I think they should, and I think it's the best direction for this team to go and compete and win a World Series this year. But I just stand firm thinking that they won't and I do think Nedo will require a quote unquote overpay. I think that these big time players, you always kind of have to overpay for him at the deadline kind of, no matter what the dialogue is out of the teams, Like, we talk about that all the time, but we just don't freak out because the player headed in return is always awesome, so we want to focus on that. Yeah, I just don't see Alex Vandopolos going away from it if he doesn't need a short stop because Kim is coming back. Yeah, they would want a short stop, not need The Braves have no needs therefore, I stick to my original point.
Speaker 1: Let's just acknowledge that Kim was very bad before he got hurt. Oh, I agree with you very bad. I agree with you better than Kim. At this point, we are not disagreed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing we disagree on is whether the Braves are going to swig big or not. Everything else you've said, I'm totally with you. So those are my trade deadline predictions.
Speaker 1: Cool rank them, rank him? All right, let's see. Uh, I can't put the Mets one three because I just I disagree with the Braves one. I disagree with the idea that they can win the deadline, So I go Mets it too. And then your first one Schooble Dodger like Chucky. So it's got to go in the top spot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe a bwhelming performance from you today. I know, I'm used to Galaxy braining it. Yeah, but we've done these trade deadline prediction show for maybe what five years running. I think I'm ozerover forty. Yeah. I tried to nail one.
Speaker 1: You wanted to see one go through. You took a mid range jumper today.
Speaker 2: I did, and I yelled bank and it hit the bank. But it didn't go in, but like I hit the backboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like that doesn't count because you need to make the freaking shot.
Speaker 2: All right, we get a shot. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we doing discord questions?
Speaker 2: Next, let's do discord, but let's hear a quick word from our friends at Hampton Farms Peanuts. First, imagine you take your seat at the ballpark, the smell of fresh cut grass and ice, cold beer, peanuts, and the promise of three hours of un interrupted baseball. What if you could bring the ballpark home to you with Hampton Farms Peanuts. You can, America's number one in shell brand can be found in your local produce aisle, or twenty five percent off at Hamptonfarms dot com with code just Baseball. Bring the ballpark home to you with Hampton Farms Peanuts. I'm self conscious now because of my lack of explosives for my trade deadline predictions.
Speaker 1: Elie de la Cruz to the Guardians and it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: I could have been better than that. Thankfully, our discord was better than that. Five mocks, and all of them are pretty damn cool, and I want to start at the top with one of the crazier ones.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: This comes to us from our friend Sean donnahue and Discord, and also shout out our Discord, the best baseball group chat in the world. If you want to join it, talk Deadline with us, talking mocks, talking possibilities. After every trade we break them down on the Discord in order to find it. The link is in the episode description. Discord Prediction Number one one Texas Rangers trade for Mason Miller with a package built around Sebastian Walcott. So the Rangers have basically came out and said Walcott is off the table. Makes sense. He's their top prospect. You look at Arm's top one hundred prospects. He's one of the better ones in baseball, the heemuth of a man shortstop their basement. He's the future for the Texas Rangers. The only reason why I wanted to include this one is number one. It utters the same sentiment that I've been saying for a while. Do not forget about the Texas Rangers. This team has always been the oh. The Rangers made that move for Mackenzie Gore, the Rangers made that move for de Grom, the Rangers made that deal for who, and they just do it all the time, and we just forget about them. For whatever reason. They're leading the division and they need a reliever. So I like the Texas being aggressive and taking a big swing. Thesis number two, they need a reliever. Number three, You dangle a prospect that good. The Padres will at least have to listen. Now, everything that basically we've heard, though, is Mason Miller is off the table, and they would have to get wowed. I saw a report earlier today that they need two top one hundred guys and another top two in a player's team system. Two top ten guys and two top one hundred guys. It's a ridiculous package for a reliever. Yeah, rate this one one to five stars.
Speaker 1: One to five stars. I will go I'll go three stars because I'm out on the half star thing, Like I could give it a two and a half and just say it's right down the middle. But I'm gonna say three because I love the idea, and I love the big swinging idea, and I love closing my eyes and seeing Lats throw the eighth to a Mason Miller nine thing. But the problem is if they're tied one one and you burn Lats and Miller and you go to the tenth tied at one. Then all of a sudden, who you go into at this Junus the man he could cover the next sexy? All right, fine, and then you go to the fifteenth and you're still tied at one. They can't really score. To be honest with you, like that, offense is not very good. You got pushback, I do a pushback.
Speaker 2: The Rangers are getting back Corey Seeker today. Why Langford's having a good season, Brandon Nemo is having a good season, isekil Durant is having a good season. Jake Berger is having a good season. Josh Peterson is having a good season. It's not about offense. I'm not saying it's great. It's not bad, though.
Speaker 1: It ain't that I think. I don't think it's playoff caliber. I don't think it's CS caliber. I really don't.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about the winner of the Gauntlet American League West right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's coughing baby. That in the AL Central are two coughing babies and it's unbelievable. But I don't know. I think that they have bigger fish to fry than going to get another closer to pair with an All Star closer in Jacob Latt, So I think that they could use that hoss in Walcott to go in a different direction. But I don't think they want to give up Walcott because we're looking at a Rangers offense that could use an injection of Walcott next year. I think that guy's a huge piece of what they want to do moving forward. And I don't know, like I think that they can do it in rental ways. I think that there are other really good relievers that are available at the deadline, and they're going to go grab guys like Brooks Raley and it's like, wow, Yeah, that Ranger bullpen got way better. And I don't think you need to go do the top ten prospect in baseball for a Mason Miller thing to get an objectively better bullpen because you already have a bullpen Aceen Lats back there.
Speaker 2: How good is the Rangers system compared to others? Like could they even do this theoretically?
Speaker 1: I mean, they traded five guys for Gore like that kind of torpedoed their system coming into this year. Like they could do a Mason Miller thing, but it would need to be a quantity thing. And Walcott would be so far and away the best prospect that would be moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just doesn't seem if the Padrez were to trade Miller, it would probably be to a team with a better system, unless the Rangers are willing to overpay. But do they even have a system where they can overpay? That's I guess my question.
Speaker 1: So I don't think so. I don't think that they have that caliber system.
Speaker 2: I think it's almost it's got like probably a half percent chance of happening. But I'm bumping it up to two stars just because I love the idea of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was too nice, you know, it's Shawn two stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be a little mean to our awesome, awesome discord people. All right, Discord prediction number two. And I think this is going to get more than two stars because it was from three hundred block White Sox send Billy Carlson, George Walcow, and Pierce George in exchange for Clay Holmes and Luke Weaver on the New York Mets. And I think someone saw that report that was posted. What was it, I think it was today. I sent it to both you and Hayton. Yes, podcast p would you mind flashing that report. I think I texted it to you and we're looking at something about Freddie Peralta. Yeah, do you remember that report off the top of your head, Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it. The initial report was ba ba bah. Yeah it was yeah. Here, let me pull it up. It was like George Walcow and maybe Boston Smith for Luke Weaver. Wasn't that It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me let me find out who actually tweeted that and we'll give proper credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Perfect. So basically this comes to us from a report that the Mets in the White Sox have stalled because and here it is for Michael Marino. Sources say Mets in the White Sox discussed the trade that would send Freddy Peralta to the White Sox for a package that included George Walcow and Boston Smith and Moore. But those talks have stalled, with the Mets discussing Freddy with it additional clubs today. So you see on Michael Marino's tweet that George Walcow is the White sox eleventh ranked prospect, Boston Smith is number fifteen. However, the White Sox ever really solid systems. So those two reasonably would be top ten prospects in a lot of people's systems. Were you surprised to see that the Mets could still get that much for Freddy Peralta.
Speaker 1: No, because Peralta is a sleeping giant, frontline guy, like he's going to make his last start as a Met tonight, and I think that's going to tell you a lot. Frankly, I think you could throw the ball very well tonight because he knows he's auditioning for a caliber of contender like this start will change what the pursuit is of Freddy Peralta, I think, and for the White Sox, Like I'm I'm not surprised by that report. It seems like a lot for ten starts of Freddy Parolta and a guy that has a five RA so far this year. But it's tough to see Billy Carlson and Wolcow and another top twenty prospect go for two effective rentals Like the Weaver thing is interesting because you get the additional year of control, But how long is the year?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: We keep on coming back to the elephant in the room. What does twenty twenty seven control actually mean? Buster only said that could be a big time, hang up, Joe, Ryan, Luke Weaver kind of the poster boys of that right now. So I don't I don't know. I think that may make a lot of sense. And if Billy Carlson goes for two rentals. Yesterday was the five year anniversary of Baias and Trevor Williams to the Mets for Pete Crow Armstrong. Like, I'm not saying that Billy Carlson's PCA because PCA was a better prospect than Carlson is. There's no doubt about that. But it seems like that could be one of those where we look back in five years and it's like, Billy Carlson is really good, and you got Pardi per Alta for ten stars and Luke Weaver for a lockout shortened season.
Speaker 2: I think you make a lot of really good points. My next question to you is would you rather have Clay Holmes or Freddy parlto because I think you know, if you look at the eras, it's clear who you'd.
Speaker 1: Rather have, Yeah, And if you're looking at the il currently, yeah, I think it's Nudd's it big time. Yes.
Speaker 2: So that's my question to you, who would you rather have Clay Holmes or Freddy Pralta, because in this deal, it'd be Clay Holmes instead of Freddy, and you get Luke Weaver on top of it, sweetening the deal. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Holmes look good on his rehab and I don't know what Holmes did on his rehab, but if you look good on his rehab assignment, I guess the answer would probably be Holmes. But frankly, I'm waiting until after Freddy starts tonight. I want to see Freddy Pearl to make one more start.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, so podcast P could you mind pulling up this deal again? And Jack will rate it on a scale of one to five stars. The White Sox send Billy Carlson, George Walcow and Pierce George, and the Mets send Clay Holmes and Luke Weaver. I think we're both alive. It's a little rich on the White Sox side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm gonna give this a three for effort.
Speaker 2: I agree too, because I like, I don't know whether three hundred block if he's a fan of either team or if he's a fan of neither team and he's just trying to find a good trade. But I think it would just be a little bit too much for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: But a white Sox fan he might be he's a White Sox fan that that's a reference three hundred blocks.
Speaker 2: Oh well, there you go. I haven't lived in Chicago long enough. But as a White Sox fan, he's willing to give up that type of package in order to get Clay Holmes and Luke Weaver. Does that say something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: M all right, let's get to discord question number two or number three? Excuse me, another one from our discord. The Cubs get Casey Maize and Kyle Finnegan, and the Tigers get Matt Shaw. Now, Matt Shaw is not exactly having a great year and he hasn't really shown a ton, but he does come with years of control. He is a former top prospect. You can play a bunch of different positions, and you're hoping that he can be the hitter that a lot of people thought would be at least near an all star level when he first came up with the Cubs on the And then the Cubs would be getting Casey Mice who can slot directly into their rotation, and Kyle Finnigan, which actually comes with one and a half years of control. The thing is with Kyle Finnigan is the underlying numbers aren't great because he's only striking out seven per nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: You look at all of the era predictors that are all in the mid to high fours, even though he's still rocking a low three zzra. But he does provide some stability in that bullpen. A guy who's been around the block, has closing experience, and you get him for more than just the rest of the season. You get him for at least another year. He's got a mutual option in twenty twenty eight. You can deal with that. Then Casey Mies is going to be a free agent after the season.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Finnegan because not only is he not striking dudes out, but he's walked twenty six guys in forty six innings Like that concerns me. When I look at relievers right now, I'm looking at punchouts and walks, and usually I'm looking at k to bb and it's awful for Kyle Finnegan, mas is I think one of the more underrated rental starters available at this deadline.
Speaker 2: I think he is I think he's number one most underrated. I think any team that gets Casey Maies is getting a really solid pitcher right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Mes is a fascinating piece to me. Shaw is interesting because he's so clearly surplus for the Chicago Cubs, but the way that their contracts are kind of quickly expiring, daw could be a piece for the Cubs moving forward. I don't know how good of a piece moving forward, but I do think Shaw is danglable. I think there are ways around the rental idea, like I think Shaw an Emerson Hancock is a perfect match where you know it's probably Shaw and another player for Hancock, or it's Hancock and another player for Shaw. I don't really know the concrete value there may's I really like in Chicago. I wonder if Detroit would entertain the idea of, instead of Finnegan, somebody else in that bullpen in a package, a round shot and maybe a prospect. Like I know it's been a not great year, but wouldn't Kenley Jansen feel better? And he's a rental like Maes and Kenley Janssen at a steeper price for Mattshaw.
Speaker 2: Is it crazy that I'd rather have Kyle Finnigan. I've been watching a lot of Kenley this season, and I whenever he comes into the ballgame, I'm thinking about live betting the other team. I mean it's his cutter is I mean, he's floating some in there at this point. And I love Kenley. I think he's a Hall of Famer. I think he's one of the best closers of all time. But he's just at the end of his career. I would because then, also with Kenley, if you're acquiring Kenley, what is he going to be your sixth inning guy, Like you would have quire Kenley theoretically to be your closer, your eighth inning guy. I do not.
Speaker 1: I think you're acquiring Kenley Jansen to just be a part of the bullpen. Like I don't. I think we're at the stage of his career where he doesn't have to throw the ninth inning. We got there with Kimberle I hope.
Speaker 2: So I would just rather have Kyle finn again, like I would not want to bring in Kenley Jansen personally. Maybe we disagree, Yeah, interesting, Yeah, I think Matt Shaw's a little bit too much for these two. I think you would need a better reliever than Kyle Finn again. But I don't think they're going to dangle like a Tyler Holton or anything like that. Then I think you could get the Cubs talking about Matt Shaw and maybe even more. But that's how I see kind of that ending up. I don't think I think Matt Shaw's too much. I'm gonna give you this one two stars because I like the creativity. But you and also, Ir is a Tigers fan, so he wants Matt Shaw. By the way, Freddy Perolt to scratched from his Matt star. Oh, Trey Dead.
Speaker 1: My book is smart, I already wrote in my book, and Pen I'm smoked.
Speaker 2: You're smoked. All right. Let's get to discord question number four prediction. Excuse me. The Angel sends zach Netto to the Yankees and they get back. Elmer Rodriguez, Cruz and Dax Kilby comes to us from Jets fan seventy eight. I know that Jets fans seventy eight and an other discord do a lot of betting stuff together. He's a Mets fan, he is not a Yankees fan, so he's trying to find a fair deal on both sides. First, before you even think about the fit in New York with the Yankees. I don't want to be biased. What do you think about Elma Rodriguez and Dax Kilby in exchange for zach Netto?
Speaker 1: Is that enough? I kind of love it. I think maybe there's one more piece that needs to be added, But I really dig what the thought process is there. And Rodriguez has been very good with scramting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he's already been called up. He'll turn twenty three after the trade deadline. I dig this trade a lot. Yeah, he's the top one hundred guy. Dax Kilby is a top one hundred guy, you know, the Yankee. The Yankees' best prospect is George Lombard, but arguably their second best prospect is Dax Kilby. He's just kind of a younger version of George Lombard that says that he's a really good shortstop prospect. Yeah, and I know he's I know, Arms a big fan of him as well. I think I would do this trade if I'm the Yankees. I guess my thinking goes to, is zach Neto then your short stop moving forward? Because I will hand it to Volpi. Volpi is a better defender than Zach Netto is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, So for the sake of the exercise, Neto would pivot where second and Jazz would pivot to third.
Speaker 2: Or maybe Neto to third. Yeah, not that he hates third, It's just Jazz is a fantastic defensive second baseman, but he also hates third. Yeah, you're just he might hate there. You're just moving too many guys out of position. So if you move Jazz, then you're losing his defense second. Then you're also moving Netto over to second. And he might be a fine defensive second baseman, but it's not like he's playing second base. I think I would rather just put him at third base if I'm the Yankees, keep Vulpia short almost and then is this kind of like Jeter and a rod Folpia Netto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is very Alex Rodriguez kard. Yeah, this is the sleepy version of that. Yeah. No, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: And I would like to see what Netto looks like in a playoff race. Is he going to continue to sell out for power and just not give a shit that he's striking out thirty one percent of the time? Because I think Neto is supremely talented, and I want to see him with a different organization. And I think that's another reason why we're kind of pushing the Angels to send him off and get a good prospect Hall And I think this is one. This is my favorite deal that's been proposed of the ones we've gotten so far.
Speaker 1: I'm giving this five big booms. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Not only are you upgrading from five stars, you're also giving a big booms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you. How are the Costco guys doing?
Speaker 2: Are they still around?
Speaker 1: I don't know what? What was it? The chicken? It was like a sandwich. What was it called.
Speaker 2: The chicken bake?
Speaker 1: From the Chicken Bake? The chicken bake? Yeah, okay, because I remember the double chunk chocolate cookie. But then I was like, is it a chicken wrap? Is it a chicken? Did you lock it? But it's a chicken bake.
Speaker 2: Did you see that recent clip from the Rizzler? I think he's cooling on the Costco guys?
Speaker 1: Is he? So? The Costco guys they didn't have the staying power the Rizzler did.
Speaker 2: All right, enough of this brain Rodcat, let's go over to the final prediction comes to us from Panthers, touchdown gibzillaol George Springer to the Mariners, and the Jays will get a better player than people think. So, first of all, I do like the fit because have you seen Luke Raley hit in the second half. He's rocking a sixty two WRC plus and I know that he can still hit right handed pitching relatively well over a longer sample. But right now it's been bad. It's been real bad. And right now you have dominic Canzone mostly in your DH spot. I'd rather just put dominic Canzone out there in an outfield position and let George Springer be my DH. I would really like another right handed bat in this lineup for Seattle. I would like a guy who's post he's improven. And I would also like to just give a jolt to this Mariners offense that couldn't hit water if they fell off a boat. They've lost five out of their last six series, got bum rushed by the Dodgers yesterday and it felt like it took their best game of the season to beat him in Game one, and they barely beat him. I would love an injection of offense, and George Springer is having an excellent second half so far, especially you know post All Star Break, he's sitting close to three point fifty last time I checked, Like, I really love this piece. So my question to you would be, because I assume you like to fit as well, what would it take in order to get George Springer again free each and after the season. He's just a rental, but it is George Springer, and.
Speaker 1: He's a designated hitter slash part time corner outfielder. So I don't think it's gonna take much, but to the to the point of better player than people would think, Like it could be a number ten prospect in the system, It could be a number twelve prospect in the system.
Speaker 2: Can I say something, Yeah, I think it's gonna be worse than people think.
Speaker 1: How much brand value does George Springer carry with his name? I don't think as much as people would think. But I also don't want people to think that he's washed, or that I think that he's washed. Like I think Springer for the number twelve prospect in the Mariners system. Whichever way you slice it could make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it can make some sense too. I just don't know who the Mariners would be willing to part here. And I think that's the question. Can I answer this quick and you can both answer this as well. It comes to us from our YouTube live chat section. First of all, thank you everybody listening on YouTube. Smash a light button and subscribe button if you're enjoyed the show. Yeah, Brett Jet five to five. Just catching up. And I'm a little confused as to why you guys think the Mets have better assets than the Giants. Forget Chapman, Adamas, Devers, Ariahs, Ray Ramos, Eric Miller, bru Baker and Hentag's Jack.
Speaker 1: Can we go player by player? Too expensive, too expensive, too expensive, rental rental, probably not moving, Maybe not that believer they have.
Speaker 2: I like Eric Miller, but he's the best reliever that they have. If they tradeing, they're trading literally everybody. Would be the fifth best reliever in the met bullpen, would be the sixth best reliever in the met bullpen, would be the seventh best reliever in the met bullpen. Yeah, I'm with you, Like Chapman is also hurt and expensive, Adamas is not having a good season and very expensive. Devers is expensive. And maybe I'm biased because I've always loved Rafael Devers. I think he'd be worth it. But at the same time, you're bringing in an enormous contract for a pretty much DH first baseman, So how many teams really want to take that on? With an impending lockout? Ariahs again rental rob Ray rental. The Giants even came out and said that they're willing to eat down some of Ray's contract on a rental. That goes to show kind of what the market is thinking about Robbie Ray right now. And I actually think Eric Miller is a very good asset, but the Mets have three or four very good assets, so I think we stand by our takes here.
Speaker 1: I don't think Miller is as good an asset as people would expect. Eric Miller. Yeah, he's been a strikeout artist this year, but this is like last year was very weird, thirty innings, twenty two punch outs, twenty walks, but this year, like he's still walking six hitters per nine innings, Like that's not good at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good at all. Like people were yelling at me on the episode with Fink when I was saying, Chase Silseeth, I think is a really solid six inning reliever, and they we're calling him mid because he's walking five per nine. What is Eric Miller?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, So that's where we're at on that. So we still have Jack's predictions and we have a weekend preview. Let's hear our last word from our friends at Hampton.
Speaker 3: Just Baseball's number one ranked peanut prospect is none other than the Hampton Farms in shell peanut hit tool plus plus that crack of the shell is elite power easy plus seven grams of protein per serving makeup great source of fiber in America's number one in shell brand.
Speaker 2: This is a five tool snack future value eighty grade.
Speaker 3: Get the top peanut prospect in the produce aisle or twenty five percent off at Hamptonfarms dot com with code just Baseball. That's one word, just Baseball for twenty five percent off at Hamptonfarms dot Com.
Speaker 2: Lay them on me, Jack, Yay. Headline predictions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to be much I don't think bolder. I think I'm just going to be much more correct than Peter. I like that first one. You had a quality take on the Mets. I have a quantity take on the Mets. I think the Mets trade ten players this year. They have a all right, I'm already counting David Peterson who went to the Cups. Is that a fair count?
Speaker 2: That's a fair count.
Speaker 1: Okay Peterson one. Number two AJ Minter already in Minnesota, Twin, you're off to a great start. Yeah. Number three Freddy Parolta just got scratched from his final start.
Speaker 2: Yes. Number four, Wastcar bras Abon definitely on the move. Number five, Luke Weaver definitely on the move. Number six Brooks Raley definitely on the move. Number seven Clay Holmes probably on the move. Yeah, they're they're not extending him. He's going to get traded. I just I worry if he's actually injured. That's my only hang up. Yeah, yeah, I'm counting him.
Speaker 1: Number eight Tyrone Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people need right handed hitting outfield.
Speaker 1: And he's a rental yep. Number nine Luis Robert Jr. I'm gonna say no, no, he's got a club option at.
Speaker 2: Twenty million dollars next year. I know nobody's picking that up. He's a rental, I know, and he's a right handed bat. Like it's just if you're the Mets, like you just traded for Luis Roberts. It's like you're gonna give away for nothing? Yeah nothing, Sure, I'll prospect. And then the other one that I guess is the boldest one is Terrentz. The catching market is so so light. I think Terrenz could be on the move. I think they trade a catcher, might be Alvarez, So I think could they go any higher? Who else could we push? You could trade like a Biento's gone.
Speaker 1: Like Viento's Ronnie Mauricio Batty, like those guys jump out.
Speaker 2: That's why I like this take because I don't think you have to nail all ten of those guys.
Speaker 1: I think just ten guys get traded.
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you coming back around? They might have such a successful cell deadline, and that was my thought that they actually do win the deadline. Yeah, coming back around. That was a good take.
Speaker 1: I don't maybe maybe you know what, give me thirty minutes after the show and let me just stew on it. The Twins traded what eight guys last year?
Speaker 2: Year?
Speaker 1: I think the Mets beat that. I think they trade ten.
Speaker 2: Can we get to fifteen?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think we could got.
Speaker 1: More than half the roster.
Speaker 2: We already had four. You already had four audible mentions. You know what, Jerry, what do you want to go to? Soto? Gone?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I like this, I like this. I I think you're gonna be one for one.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? You ready for my next one?
Speaker 2: Let's go two for two?
Speaker 1: H two for two? Is the Brewers acquire two starting pitchers? Mm hmm? I think yeah. I think that they are in the mix for Terrek schoobl And you laid it out. If it's not the Dodgers, it could be Milwaukee, could be Tampa. I also think they could possibly do a reunion with Freddy Peralta. I think they could be in the mix for Kevin Gosman. I think they could be in the mix for Casey Miz. I think they could be in the mix for Dustin May. Within the division, I think that they go and get two starters to help them get through the rest of the regular season. They're currently running with a six man rotation right now, but it's mis Rowski, sprote Logan Henderson, Thomas Pinon, Shane drow and Robert Gasser. They need Harrison's gonna come back. But I don't feel good about five of the four of those guys. I really like Logan Henderson, but like they need help. And if you can push two of those guys back to triple A, or one or two of those guys in the bullpen, and you add a Mize and a Gosman, I mean, all of a sudden, you're looking at like miss Harrison Miz Gosman is a playoff rotation, and I feel pretty good about that. Like they didn't go get the frontline guy like Schooble and Miz to go beat the Dodgers, but they have an NLCS rotation there, and you don't know what happens when you get in and you've got four tried and true starters and then Drowan is the five for the rest of the year. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love it in theory, and I think it could still happen. I just don't and see the Brewers trading for rentals.
Speaker 1: I just think they could based on the price. The Brewers twenty fifth best prospect is a lot of team's twelve best prospect.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I know, but they've had great systems before and they've still never traded for rentals. I could see you being right, but it's almost none of the guys that you named, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They're If they're not pushing the chips in right now, when are they ever going to push the chips in to.
Speaker 2: Be I don't want the corpse of Kevin Goswin.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I think Gosmin's going to make some quality starts for a good team.
Speaker 2: I would love Kevin Gosmin in my playoff rotation like that fastball and splitter, Like been there done That? Claim a corpse is crisy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think Hancock could be the guy because I think the Brewers are always going to be attracted to arms that they want to get their hands on and fiddle with a little bit, and I think Hancock is a perfect example of that. Young guy comes with years of control. I think the Brewers and the Mariners could make a trade for a Kirby for a Bryce Miller. Even with how good the Brewers farm system is, I think they could go buck wild there. I just think it's like I'm just I gotta believe it. I gotta believe it. I gotta see it to believe it. With the Brewers and rentals. I just I can't picture it. I get it.
Speaker 1: I just think the price of a rental starter is not going to be that bad because there are so many available. And I'm not talking quality rental starter like top five. I just think that there's a world that they go and get two starting pitchers to help them get through the rest of the regular season.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's any MLB for MLB type trades out there? Like I'm thinking about the Emerson Hancock, Like, who else comes to the top of your mind of a Connolly early type on a team where they're trading a big league or for a big leaguer That also makes sense to me from Milwaukee. Is there anybody out there that you could see besides Emerson Hancock?
Speaker 1: Not really like they would never take on the money of a Brian Bayo, but I'd be curious if they saw.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you know my favorite thing said in this podcast. That's why except for the money, if the Red Sox like paid all of it down and they got their hands on that sinker slider guy, it just turned him into a beast for no reason.
Speaker 1: That's perfect. That is that's the Brewers move. You found it, Okay, there you go. Yeah, Brian Bayo for like, I just got a bench back and you.
Speaker 2: And he turns into a monster, A monster Bao and Emerson Hancock.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Look Bao would eat there. People are started. Our YouTube comment section would be like, hell yeah, all right, next your final one. I got one more, Adlee Rdchman gets traded ooh toho.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but there are like six teams that need to catch her, and he would immediately be the best catching asset available. Goodman's not available, like, I think the Rockies have made that abundantly clear that Hunter Goodman's not going anywhere. Langaliers is hurt.
Speaker 2: Did you see what the Rockies asked for for Goodman? They asked the Red Sox for Arius. I was like, oh shit, no way he's getting traded then?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're asking for a top three prospect for Goodman, like which I respect from Colorado, of course I don't trade him if you're not going to get of course overblown, but yeah, no one's going to do that.
Speaker 1: I just think this this catching market dissolved almost entirely with Goodman being a non starter for them, it seemed, and Langoleier's getting hurt. Like again, I just floated the idea of EN's getting traded. I don't think Alvarez is getting traded. I think the Mets would be silly to trade Franciscuavaras, so then all of a sudden, Adli Ruchman becomes the best possible catching asset available the deadline. I think that he's a good fit and a lot of teams. I think he's a good fit for a lot of teams in the American League East. And I wonder who would be willing to pay the Inner Division tax for Adlie Rutchman, Like, you know, what he would do for the race is catching situation. They haven't had a good catcher since like the Reagan administration. I don't think they were a team in the Reagan administration. Yankees, Yeah, sure, I mean, like they're gonna have to pay a tax, but Adlie Rutchman is the Yankee catcher? Would be really juicy.
Speaker 2: What prospect would I have to attach on top of a Ryan Weathers or Will Warren in order to get Adley? How do I make that happen right here right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Ben Hess, I like, you need more, you need more.
Speaker 2: Basically, I'm kind of I would. Yeah, they can have and they can have Ryan Weathers, and we will take Adlie Rutchman. Thank you podcast. You give me a thumbs up or thumbs down? Would you do that if you're the Yankees, you just give me two hands up? I don't know. Yeah. Cool. So let's say it wasn't to the American League East. Let's say they don't want to trade in division. Where would you think Adley would be headed? Because this white friction, you gotta nail it white. Even with Kyle Tiele still there or is Kiel coming back.
Speaker 1: I mean, Teal's got injury issues at this point, but Teal can absolutely be the catcher. Adlee can't catch every day at this point, so we can DH too. I love the idea of to switch hitting catchers.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Edgar Carrow just rides the pine.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got like a negative point five war like he's not good this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So the White Sox, I think Adlie in Chicago could make a lot of sense. I like that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: Those are mine, those are your deadline predictions. I'll rank him. I just don't think Adley's going to get traded. Even though I love the idea of it, I just think at this point, like, I don't think Besiah is good enough defensively to be your full time catcher, and I think you get more out of Besio's offense by basically making him your DH, and you really, if the Oils want to compete at all, the only reason they traded Adley is if they are in full blown cell mode, because the Orioles just don't have the luxury to trade away bats unless I guess it's like a Taylor Ward who hasn't had the greatest season for him and he's a rental. They got to add, like they gotta add bats if they're going to buy. So it would be Orioles full blown cell and I just don't see that happening. The Brewers one is interesting because I could see them getting two pitchers. I just don't think the rental thing. I still gotta believe it to see it, see it to believe it. I've now messed that up twice in a row. Okay, you might have undersold how many guys the met cell that is my favorite. So that is a crazy number, Yeah, Ted is an enormous number. Yeah, and they might blow past it. Yeah, those are our deadline predictions. Hopefully everybody enjoyed. But we're not quite done yet. Let's get into a preview of the best games of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, hold on, big voice, Peyton, do you have a prediction for us or no?
Speaker 2: He's holding up his arms again. He doesn't got nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh good, before the recording he needed a prediction, He's like, all right, so he didn't do his homework. That's fine.
Speaker 2: We dropped too many bars. He couldn't come up with one. He didn't even give me any feedback on my on my question either. It's just a classic. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a shame he's mailing it in. It's a Friday. He's probably wearing jeans of the office. Yeah, we're already were already getting for the visual Friday. He's not produced what twelve straight trade deadline episodes. He's probably like, let us get through it and let's breview the best games of the weekend. Brought to you by the Picket Sports app and Pickett. I'm telling you it is the best free bet tracker. Free emphasis on free because a lot of these different apps they don't load correctly. They don't give you the best lines on any particular sportsbook, so you can always get the best price, and they don't go nearly as in depth as the Picket Sports app. Another reason I love Picket number one it tells you which teams you're really good at betting, right, So you might be betting a bunch of football games, a bunch of baseball games, a bunch of basketball games, and they'll tell you your stats are not only teams, but specific players, so you can find out I might have a real edge on this player, I might have a real edge on this team. So it does it all for you, tracks all of your picks, and you can even make a little bit of money for yourself if you download the Picket Sports app and use promo Coach just Baseball. When you sink your sports book, you'll win anywhere from three to one hundred bucks. Absolute no brainer.
Speaker 2: Even if you aren't much of a better you just sink your sports book and they'll pay you a little bit of money. It's a roulette system. You could win three, you could win eight, you could win ninety, you could win one hundred, you could win seventeen. Absolute no brainer to get involved with the best pick tracking app, and that is the Picket Sports app. Also, i'llbe a picket at the park August eighth for the Yankee game. I think they're taking on the braves if I'm not mistaken. So if you're gonna be there, come over to Billy Sports Bar at noon and I'll be there hanging out. Let's go over games for the weekend. You want to introduce them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. Let's start tonight. We've got a fun pictures. Dual Skis has been ticking up, Green has been ticking down. All those schemes. People are like slandering skins right now. I think that's malpractice. The Skeen slander needs to stop, folks. Paul Skeen's Hunter Green Pirates Reds at six' ten Pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: Time so The reds played against The pirates yesterday and took a hard fought. Game both bullpens are not necessarily in a great, spot SO i know the pitching matchup on the surface is, awesome But i'm actually going to lean towards the over on this. Game best price seven and a half at minus one point. FIFTEEN i think that you're going to get solid starts From skiens In Hunter, green BUT i don't think they should be. Slandered but at the same, time they aren't pitching at the top of their game right, now SO i think runs are going to be a, Plenty so that would be my best bet from the. Game but on the weekend, preview we like to pick a, winner AND i do think that The pirates end up bouncing. BACK i just Don't Hunter green's down a tick in velocity Right he's normally he's sitting ninety nine and a. Half he's sitting ninety eight to three right, now with his sinker and his fastballs like ninety eight, five his sliders down a full miles an. Hour it's not the Same Hunter green that we are used, to AND i think that's just enough for The pirates offense to get to. Him AND i Think skeens pitches pretty, well but The pirates bullpen does him no. Favors and we're talking about like a four to four game going into the eighth where The pirates. Win, okay winner gets to keep the state Of texas tonight between The astros and The.
Speaker 1: Rangers Nathan iavaldi gets the ball Opposite Hunter green at eight point fifteen P era seven fifteen Pm Eastern. Time this is a massive.
Speaker 2: SERIES i, mean The astros are only a half game back of The, rangers and they're really only separated by one. Loss because The rangers have just played one fewer game than The. Astros The ashros can take control of this. Division but at the same, Time i'm gonna stick to my. GUNS i still believe that The Texas rangers are the best team in this. Division when we were going over the weekend, preview remember that huge series against The, MARINERS i, SAID i think The rangers are going to win that. Series they ended up winning three or. FOUR i think the same thing. HERE i think The rangers declare themselves as the best team in this, division AND i think they Win game. One.
Speaker 1: Tonight someone Said Hunter green instead Of Hunter. BROWN i think that might have been. Me But Hunter brown Against Nathan valdi In Astros. Rangers last TIME i, Checked Hunter great is still A red And Hunter brown is still An, astro.
Speaker 2: Still same first, name and still both of them are not looking quite as good as they did last year off an. Injury so it's a very understandable mix. Up brown had a good start last. Time, no, yeah he's still. Good, again these guys are still? Good are they as good as they were last? Year? THOUGH i would say, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Understand. Okay two On saturday seven oh five Pm Eastern time On saturday, Night Christopher sanchez in The Philadelphia phillies In baltimore to take On Shane boz and The.
Speaker 2: Orioles so this isn't the greatest game in the, world even though it's a really solid. Game you Got Christopher, sanchez you, know going for The, phillies you Got Shane boz going for The. Orioles but our friends at Ballpark pal gave us these pers, again one of the best models out. There make sure to go check them. Out. Jack they're making The orioles the favorites, here which shocked. Me and BECAUSE i respect our friends at Ballpark pal so, much give me the. Upset give me the. Upset they did the same thing Ballpark pal did saying that The orioles should be favorites in That Brandon Young Raynaldo lopez game ended up being different, starters but it was still The orioles against The. Braves they made the oriole slight. Favorites orioles won that game three to. Two i'm trusting her friends At Ballpark. PALLE i think The orioles give The phillies the. Business and it's also understandable considering The. Phillies you're playing terrible baseball right. NOW i think you got upset them this weekend and maybe started to kick The phillies down the wild card.
Speaker 1: Standings philly can't do much at all over the course of or offensively over the course of the last few. Weeks all, right only other game On saturday that we get to talk about nine to ten Pm Eastern time In La Red sox And Dodgers Peyton totley Against Yoshi Nobu, yamamoto.
Speaker 2: Some starting pitching. Matchup i'm really excited to see what a good fastball hitting team and The dodgers does Against Peyton, toley who has a dominant, fastball and then you Got yamamoto on the other. Side but another reason WHY i wanted to bring this game is look at how low the run projection is for this. Game if you're looking at the model on ballpark pal they make the total closer to, six which is extremely low for a baseball, game and extremely low for A dodger game At Dodger, stadium which has played more like a hitters park this, year which is telling The Yoshinoba yamamoto might spin something disgusting and. Dominate and if you're telling me, THAT i have to go with The. Dodgers but this is one THAT i will have eyes glued to the, television LIKE i love this. Matchup this Whole Red Sox dodgers series is like the series of the weekend because you do have a Hot Red sox team who has been even when they were, bad they were still really good on the. Road and you have A dodger team that is not playing their best baseball right now per their. Standards SO i wouldn't be surprised if The Red sox go in there and make some noise or this is one where The dodgers go all, right you had your fun with the Freaking La. Dodgers can't wait to watch All.
Speaker 1: Right three On sunday to wrap us up at one thirty five Pm Eastern, Times Zach wheeler and The phillies Against Kyle bradish and The Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Orioles maybe the best pitching matchup of the. Weekend this one is. Awesome and now they're reverting back to making The phillies slight, favorites AND i do think that The orioles are going to steal that game With bos Against. Sanchez. SOMEHOW i trust our friends At ballpark Pal philly bounces, Back Zach wheeler bounces. Back he just had his like worst start of the season in his last. START i think The phillies take care of business. Here but, again just a great starting pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup how About Brewers angels In. Anaheim the only reason you're highlighting this one is because it's miss Against Walbert, urania And urania has been.
Speaker 2: Good upset, Alert upset Alert, Wahbert why boy Shows brewers, fans you don't got the best young pitcher In Major League? Baseball we, do my, Boy? Walbert you know what made me? Sad our friends At Ballpark pala give The brewers this basically seventy percent chance of winning this. Game AND i was, like could they Respect walbert a little? Bit BUT i understand we got the mis on the other. Side it's hard to give them a high run. Projection But i'm telling, you, like this is another good UNDER i Think walbert is gonna give The brewers. Problems they're gonna be grounding out all. Day they're gonna take them, lightly and you can't take my Boy walbert. Lightly you know? What fuck?
Speaker 1: It angel's that mel, cool, cool, last but not least four to ten On sunday AFTERNOON. Todj, bradley who has been ridiculous as of late Against George kirby And.
Speaker 2: Seattle So i'm not gonna ask you for a winner of this. GAME i want to ask you who has been more impressive to you this, SEASON. Todj bradley Or George. Kirby just in a Vacuum.
Speaker 1: Bradley is that?
Speaker 2: Wild imagine if we said that before the season, Started LIKE i also Said bradley, definitely and like that's. Crazy that's a crazy thing that has developed this.
Speaker 1: Year the stuff has always been in. There and the month Of july For Todd bradley has been. Ridiculous this game thirty seven, innings has forty eight case in six.
Speaker 2: STARTS i just think that's. Awesome AND i think sometimes we overlook and we not anoint these guys based on what we've, seen but we don't talk about the evolution of these. Pitchers Like TODs bradley when he was on the, race he was having major. Problems he was up and, Down he couldn't locate. Anything and he has landed with The twins and developed into a really strong number two starter with a fastball that lives up on the, zone with good breaking balls like he's starting to do a really good. Pitcher AND i think The twins give The mariners the business this. Weekend i'm going to pick The twins to not only win the, series but win this. Game AND i think this will be the. Decider and this week three's that's what we.
Speaker 1: GOT i got a subway to catch to Watch Freddy pearl to not.
Speaker 2: Pitch go check it, out all, right, folks the best way to support THE Jb Show like and subscribe on. YouTube make sure to rate five stars whether it be On, Spotify apple, podcasts if you're listening to us on, audio and make sure to join the. Discord it is so much. Fun you could find the link in the episode. Description even if you just joined for a, Week it's only five bucks just for the. Deadline it's going to be a ton of. Fun in their special shout out for brilliant producing once again to podcast P thank you to our audience watching us live here on. YouTube thank you To jack. McMullen I'm Peter, rapple we will see You sunday at seven thirty pm meter not sure if it's going to be a round, up might be trade, deadline we'll go over the. Moves not sure, yet but we'll see you then
Speaker 1: Regardless and with, that thank, you