Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, it's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here in for Dan and the guys. And this hour is brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the Tired Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. So that's that's one way to start this show here on this Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: How are we everybody?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Bad news beardness travels. It travels from Tom apparently, so apparently, you know bad news bears had knows no limits or no boundaries. You know, it just shows up where it shows up.
Speaker 6: It was Lee's birthday a couple of days ago, and I think that extended into the next stuff forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just interesting that it's always the usual, like our voices are connected to it, our back end is connected, like where.
Speaker 3: The bad News? But what are you getting at?
Speaker 5: I mean, I just told you and you gotta you can't. It can't be anything other than what you are.
Speaker 3: Are you saying? We are the playing games Fox Sports?
Speaker 5: In my mind, I was sitting there like it's a great segue into playing games.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: In the end, the Bad News Beers did end up winning, so there's that, you know, But god, dang, they was the Bad News Beers all the way up to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of whiffs before then, a lot of strikeout.
Speaker 5: Shouts out the Dallas they won something. Huh, they did some thing.
Speaker 6: Hey, they look good, man, I mean, I know people are maybe sleeping on them, but they look good. I could see them being sneakly kind of going on a little bit of a run.
Speaker 3: You think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the West, Yeah, yeah, Anthony Davis can play. The problem is how for how long?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It's just look, That's what I'm saying. If he's healthy and Clay some of the other pieces they have.
Speaker 7: On that team, man, legs.
Speaker 6: They've got some guys who've been able to navigate through the playoffs and have won championships before. Man, I'm telling you that could be a dangerous combination.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I doubt it that one. Ain't going that that's going to be a short lived you know. It's because it's short lived. Story is because it's Dallas. No, it's because the West is pretty loaded, man, and they're just not going to be able to run that one. I don't see it. I mean it's possible, clearly, I'm not I'm not. I'm not an expert. So Q could come out being you know, correct on it. But I don't see it though. I just think that if you're going to look at one of the playing teams out of the West again, I'm I'm mistaking my I'm putting my ten toes down on the mountain, on the hill of the Golden State Warriors. That's That's what I'm gonna do out of the play in teams.
Speaker 7: But they would have to play each other for a while.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well, I don't see that being a hit to hit. I'm not saying that way. I'm just saying the team that I could see making a run out of the playing games would be Golden State.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to get excited about playing playing tournaments and it just look to me the NBA playoffs. For the most part, we've had a couple of you know, lower seeded eight and seven teams that have that have beaten a one or a two seed a few times in the history of the postseason. It feels like the playoffs, outside of a four or five matchup and occasional six', three doesn't start until the second.
Speaker 3: ROUND i, mean these seven.
Speaker 2: Game series with your one eights and your two, Sevens it's, like, dude can we speed this up or at least make it more, intriguing make them a three game, series so at least if the lower seed gets, one you put everybody else on high alart that there could be an, Upset BUT i just. CAN'T i can't get excited about it until the second. Round for the most, part is what it. Is that's the way it.
Speaker 3: Goes so.
Speaker 2: Congratulations we'll find out what the final matchups are going to be after these next couple of games get, going and then we can all look forward, to you, know hopefully getting past this first round quick get to the second, round and then we can get to the teams that are actual title contenders as opposed to some of these playing.
Speaker 3: Teams but.
Speaker 2: There is the discussion that is still going, on but apparently it's coming to an. End in the world of. Sports nico has made a. Decision Not Nico, harrison all, right not. Him every Time i'm going to try this out, Again, NIKO i stop saying. It avaam has apparently according to rename, Him i'm leaving. You and for some strange, REASON i could say that way easier than what the real way of.
Speaker 3: Saying he is reportedly is going to be A Ucla.
Speaker 2: Bruin and apparently this according To Colin, cowherd who sent this tweet out, yesterday that the family is still saying this is not about. Money it had nothing to do with. Money it was all about The Tennessee volunteers. Offense and so he finds himself reportedly In. Westwood he will be A Ucla. Bruin but again it's got nothing to do with money at all, whatsoever and definitely not the four million dollars that was reported they were asking for when he was making two million a change already With tennessee set for this upcoming, Year so he's.
Speaker 7: Going to play for? Free is that what you're? Saying it's going to go there and be closer to home and all.
Speaker 3: That that's not.
Speaker 5: Money just so everybody, knows ye playing for, free but he is playing for less money and the taxes are.
Speaker 3: Higher here's. That, yeah it.
Speaker 6: Was it was a losing proposition all the way. Around not only would he made more money to your point too at the, taxes but now he's in a different, system not on a team that's as. TALENTED i, mean if you look At tennessee last, year which qualified for the college Football, playoff and by the, way mind, you and then this is not to be a slight On Niko, iamaliava but there's been a string of quarterbacks who have got, drafted who've been put up big numbers.
Speaker 7: There he did not play that.
Speaker 6: Well that was a defensive led, team that was a team that could tote the rock. TOO i would, say if you're looking at one of the weaker parts of their, team it was the inconsistency in the passing. Game so not only are there those kind of struggles from, that but now he goes to a lesser, Team he's not getting paid as, much and he's gonna be playing having an uphill, battle playing in a conference where you, know at least they were one of the top teams in THE. Sec that's not the case FOR. Ucla you, know they kind of feel at times.
Speaker 7: Like they're a bit of a.
Speaker 6: Doormat now they turn things around second half of last, season but it's going to be an uphill battle in so many different ways for, him and it's. Unfortunate and whether or not his his, team whether it's his, family whether it's his, agent wants to admit. It this was an absolute disaster and it's probably a good thing for a lot of other players out there in college football that can hopefully appreciate the opportunities they've, gotten understand that the grass is not always, greener and try to you, know what's the saying that, levars you, know be where your feet are or stand where your fet a or.
Speaker 5: Whatever something to that. Effect, yeah be. Present being present is being where your feet. Are, yeah that's. YEAH i, mean why try to be somewhere where you're not.
Speaker 3: Be at where your feet. At be at where your feet.
Speaker 5: At, see that's what happens when you take time, off you know WHAT i, mean you get rusty with your. Delivery talking about how is? Smooth then they sound a little bit. Capta that's not a real.
Speaker 3: Thing all.
Speaker 5: Right, no All i'm gonna say Is i'm happy for Coach foster because while people may rain down on The Nico i'm leaving you, parade you, know on his, camp the kid can play, ball and people can have their opinions about him and how good and how well he can play, Ball but the guy can play Some he can play, football and he was dealing at times last year For tennessee and probably would have had another good, year good season under them this season if he were still to be. There, now you go into a program where they they have needed to be able to get a break in order to have the opportunity to get a player of his, caliber you, know wanting to come there and play a position of such the magnitude of what the quarterback's position.
Speaker 3: Is, so you, know.
Speaker 5: Opportunity created or circumstance that's created an opportunity for u c L. A u C L a is not a major player in the NI l. Space you're not going to get u c L a for academic, purposes just as well as just available funding for NI l for. Football you're just not going to get elite level, offers elite level. Money in, fact even prior to, Nil you're not going to get A you're you're only going to get a certain level of player because of the academic requirements that they place on the guys that they bring in. There so it's like kind of like guys go TO usc that don't go to u c L. A and if you understand like the politics of what goes on at u c L, a you'd understand like it's kind of like they run things almost like A Ivy league type level school. Academically SO i think it's a great gift For Deshaun. WATSON i don't Know, foster excuse, me this Is Deshaun, geez he's where AM i right?
Speaker 3: Now thank you for that save q.
Speaker 5: UH i think it's a great gift for Coach foster and.
Speaker 3: Damn keep him away from the TOWNS i think.
Speaker 7: To worry.
Speaker 3: About, yeah, yeah it does H BUT i think this is a great gift FOR u c L.
Speaker 5: A and if they were going to be a pretty good team going into this, SEASON i think you can actually, say based upon the circumstances that That Nico i'm leaving you is is living under. NOW i think they're gonna get his best version because he's going to be on you, know he's going to be on guard to everything that's taking. Place there's gonna be a lot of, criticism a lot of, scrutiny a lot of coverage that comes his way because what he did kind of transcends just playing the. Game it has open in the conversation two larger pieces of what's going on in college football and sports all. Together SO i think that it's a it's an advantageous opportunity For nico to try to redeem himself and maybe repair his image with what's taking place as of. Late and it's a great opportunity FOR ucla to be a better program with what would be considered to be a top elite type of quarterback on their on their. Roster and it's not going to cost him a whole. Lot, apparently, well they got. It they got him on the. Cheap they got it was like two hundred and fifty less or something like.
Speaker 3: That they got him on a discount. Level what was it like.
Speaker 6: Almost, well the number of the FIGURE i saw was one point seventy five and he was scheduled to make two point, Six so he's almost a million sure of what he would have. Made and that's not including to your earlier point. Taxes by the, Way nico was like maybe top ten in THE sec last, year like as far as yards and all. That again going back to the, point you really didn't play. Overly, well now he's joining in an offense IN ucla that was one hundred and twenty sixth in scoring last.
Speaker 7: Year there are one hundred.
Speaker 6: And seventh in the country in sacks. Allowed so the protection AND i know that was like an. ISSUE i think that came up in some of these reports, too is, that, hey it's not AN nfl, Systems, like, well you knew that on your way. In Joe milton got, Drafted Hendon hooker got. Drafted there's been other quarterbacks who've gone To tennessee and gotten. Drafted so it's not like that's held against those. Quarterbacks if that was your concern or that's part of the rationale for why you, Left you've gotten guys to THE nfl level and they've put up good. Stats and mind, you there's plenty of other quarterbacks that have played in systems that AREN'T nfl systems and have also gotten. Drafted so if that was part of the, rationale it doesn't make any. Sense and, again going back to the initial, point he hasn't even performed to a point where you felt confident about him to be able to go somewhere, else learn a new, system learn new, chemistry develop all those, things and now he's doing it with lesser pieces around him in a league that arguably you'd say they're at at the bottom of the, league or one of the teams at the. Bottom SO i just FEEL i feel bad for the young man because at some point you've got to make your own decisions in, life and this is one WHERE i don't know who was in his, ear AND i know that someone made some anonymous report or someone close to the family WHATEVER i believe On Front Office, sports which if that's even, Credible but the truth of the matter is he should have stood up and Said i'm, good like my payday is coming after this year WHEN i go to THE. Nfl and unfortunately now it's, like we'll see how this year. Goes but maybe he's a couple of years now from leaving and be able to go to get draft in THE. Nfl who knows how this whole thing's gonna.
Speaker 2: Shakeout so he's in a worse, situation and he took what like a seven hundred thousand dollars pay cut in less than a, week and now he's, yeah now he's just got to kind of it feels like with anything, new there's got to be something that's the example of what not to, do and he's the example of what not to.
Speaker 3: Do like he's the one that all right, now everybody kind of has an.
Speaker 2: Understanding AND i do wonder if there's probably coaches and programs that are that are pointing to, this going, hey, guys just so you, know like this is how things could turn really badly for. You you could go from AN sec quarterback and at a great program who was a playoff team a year ago.
Speaker 3: TO ucla like.
Speaker 5: That this is limited to such a small minute number of players for this to even apply. To this is not going to apply to anyone else but qbs at major major universities and. Receivers that's about. It that's about. It that's who this is limited. To you're not going to see it take place with anybody. Else you could be as gifted a football player on the defensive side of the, ball not going to. Happen you could be as gifted as you'd like to be on the offensive. Line it's not going to happen running. Back same, thing tight, end forget about. It if you're a quarterback at AN sec, school A big ten, school maybe in some instances AN acc, school you have the ability to possibly push the envelope on these types of. Conversations not saying that negotiations don't exist for the other.
Speaker 3: Positions it's just not the.
Speaker 5: Same AND i think one thing that we got to make sure we're clear on in this, scenario AND i was listening To kurt Herb street and what he had to say ABOUT nil With pat, McAfee AND i thought it was very very well put in thought, out is that this is turning into negotiations against schools and. Players in this, instance you're looking At nico getting into a a negotiation Between tennessee and himself when in, REALITY nil is in place for you to benefit with your, name your, image and your. Likeness that's that's getting money through your. Collective that's that's doing, appearances that's that's MAKING i, Mean i'm just saying that's that's what it.
Speaker 6: Was, well this is WHY i wouldn't include the collectives is part of. IT i think the collectives are part of the issue because the, collectives by and large how they've operated are groups of boosters who are essentially taking private money and being able, to you, know help compensate and create opportunities for players and that in that, fashion and they're doing it for the university because there wasn't pay for plash sure or pay to, play which the truth is is, like that's what it's always been since it's been, enacted and even before, that when teams and boosters are paying kids under the, table it's all aways been paid to. Play, like if we want to take anil step, further what's always bothered me about it is if you're not, playing you're not getting. Paid so even if you want to try to, say, well, oh it's really about marketing, dollars, Right it's really about those opportunities to promote brands or do, commercials or do social media postings and do appearances and all. That does anyone care about you if you're not, playing if you're not out there, performing if you're not one of the best. Players, No, so in, essence it's always really been about getting paid because you. Play but we we created this world in which we had to create loopholes and other ways in which we could find ways of you, know getting players money that was within the rules of you know what was passed by The Supreme.
Speaker 7: Court i've said this and will always say, THIS nil has never been.
Speaker 6: Sustainable the way it was created and the way it's been implemented wasn't the initial. Purpose but the problem with the initial purposes you're kind of putting the cart before the. Horse it always should have been a rev. Share it always should have been THE tv money that these conferences and schools were getting were shared with those student athletes who are the ones actually earning. It and then you could have IMPLEMENTED nil and you could have said these marketing dollars from name your apparel, company under, Armor, nike whoever it's, created or name, whatever a sports, dring whatever else it, is then that comes as part of, it because that's the professional. Model look at THE, nfl look at THE, nba look at all these other professional. Leagues you are paid by your, organization and then you have all that as kind of your ancillary income that comes off of. That but don't get it. Twisted it is about your ability to. Play and that's one of the reasons, why like it's it's always been. Backwards it's never made, sense and it's why it's been a little bit of a chaotic mess. Too is the essence of why we're compensating student athletes in the first. Place it's all about their. Performance it's all about their. Play, well if that's the, case then make it a structure that actually makes sense and it's. Lasting and you have examples of that at every professional.
Speaker 5: LEVEL i just, THINK i, mean it's. Funny, coincidentally we were going over Man man's you know situation just.
Speaker 3: Yesterday What Man.
Speaker 5: Man it's like three, contracts bro three contracts that you got to go, through three separate entities of contracts that you have to go through as it applies to these nil well not even just an, il but just the way the kids are. Compensated there's like three different agreements and one is the, collective you, know another is this, entity another is the school. Entity and it's interesting to, me like looking at how all of it is. Structured are you really suppor to point and aim your frustration or YOUR i guess what your demands, are what your expectations are to be compensated at the team, itself at the head, coach at at you, know At tennessee or wherever it is that you're. At because to, me again it comes back down to with these blurred lines of what this is all representation of what does nil really? Represent because at the end of the, day if we're talking, apples if it's an apples the apples, conversation then you got to talk about compensating the. Player like you just, said you're paying based off of what you're generating at off of THE tv deals and stuff like. That there's no there's nothing that comes out that like in a pro contract that talks about, name image and. Likeness you do that with The Players. Association you sign a group license and agreement with The Players. Association that's how you leverage your, name image and. Likeness it's a different entity. Altogether so the blurred lines that have been created AND i think that are exposed here in this situation in, particular there's no reason for them for him to have taken a hard line stance Like i'm not, Practicing i'm not coming unless y'all pay me more. Money, sure the collectives are in contact with the, university and the universities are in contact with the, collectives and this is a way for them to be able to compensate the. Players but, ultimately if we're looking at it for the true essence of WHAT nil has created as it applies to today right, now you're you're monetizing your the value of your, name your, image and your. Likeness so even if it's coming from a collective in the sense of we're able to pay them to be a part of our, team but you're going to DO x amount of, Appearances you're going to do, signings you're going to do things that support what we're doing to build this. Program bottom line is is that there needs to be a separation and there needs to be an understanding of what the business of what you are as a player to the university and what you are as an entity and a. Brand all of it's all on its own as in a, name your, image and your. Likeness there needs to be a very clear understanding and determination of OR i guess not, determination but description of what each one of those. Represent BECAUSE i think this right, here this clearly shows that there is not a separation and and and there's how do you how do you read in between the lines of where the collectives and how you're getting compensated for your, name image and likeness runs and bleeds into who you are as an athlete and a student at the university that you're.
Speaker 6: At it's such the lion's, share by the, way will come from the revenue. Share that's where most of the kids will make the majority of the. Money, now if the collectives exist and they really feel like they want a high star kid or you, know a big performer that transfers or, something they might be able, to you, know come in there with some sort of whatever package and marketing or whatever else they want to. Do but the reality is it should be that they're getting compensated the most from their school based on the revenue. Share like that's the. Setup that's how this should work moving. Forward any other model is not really sustainable and it doesn't really make sense either when you're thinking about. It you, know is any other athlete getting paid more from their marketing deal as opposed to what they're making to actually play their?
Speaker 7: Sport?
Speaker 5: No Maybe Travis. Hunter Maybe Travis. Hunter, maybe well he, won't he won't once he's the number two. Overall pick, right, correct, right, right right. Correct, yeah it's it's, sad. MAN i think it's. Sad there's a, lot a lot of moving parts to. It but, hey he found a place to go play and he's still.
Speaker 3: Going to get some some cash out of the.
Speaker 5: SITUATION i don't you know, Which it's not about the, cash Right Enjoy Westwood.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows at Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 8: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and Together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports. Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 8: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships.
Speaker 3: What's going on in the.
Speaker 8: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 3: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right so check us.
Speaker 8: Out we like to get you, involved to take your phone, calls shop it. Up as they, Say i'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on. Plan be sure to check Out covino And Rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search kovino On rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social.
Speaker 2: Media That's covino And. RICH Nfl draft is coming up. Soon can't get here fast enough with all the make belief stories that are out. There one guy who, was, yeah just some of this stuff just sounds like. Garbage Joe, shane, though the general manager for The New York, giants who seems to be having a much better offseason this year as opposed to last year when it was played out on hard.
Speaker 3: Knocks But Joe.
Speaker 2: Shane spoke with the media yesterday and not only talked about the quarterback position as they sit at number, three but also apparently they're getting some interest from other teams as well too when it comes to their.
Speaker 9: Pick with the signing of those two, PLAYERS i think we put our position ourselves in a position where you, KNOW i don't think that's mandatory or something that we're in our feet of the we have to. Do you, KNOW i think the two guys we signed have played a lot of, Ball they've got a lot of skins on the, wall AND i do think we've upgraded that, room you, know compared to where it was a year. AGO i like the two guys that we, have and you, Know tommy's still in there and he's won games for us, too and we're happy with the makeup of the room right.
Speaker 7: Now we'll be open to all.
Speaker 9: OPTIONS i, mean those those strategy sessions have been ongoing and you, know talking through different. Scenarios so, yeah well we're always going to be open to you, know eat or those.
Speaker 3: SCENARIOS a lot of interests around teams looking to train.
Speaker 9: Up we we've received some.
Speaker 7: Calls, yeah we've received.
Speaker 3: Calls all.
Speaker 2: Right Abdull, carter we Call Abdull carter is a three to one favorite to be selected number three overall to The.
Speaker 6: Giants so, well that doesn't mean he'll be selected by The. Giants it just means he's going to go number three.
Speaker 5: Overall, YEAH i think what you said While jonas was off that he can't respond to because he wasn't here to hear what you, said.
Speaker 3: Certainly.
Speaker 5: Certainly is more relevant and in today's conversation than it was. Yesterday, boy professional co signing is always the, best especially.
Speaker 3: When you have, supporters you, know the. League then you GET q doing what he's doing with your.
Speaker 6: Laughing at it BECAUSE i didn't think he was gonna go. There and if we really want to be, honest get out of. There Central cubs really struggled only one of two versus the.
Speaker 3: Poject you know, what let.
Speaker 7: Me tell you.
Speaker 5: Something you worry, about staying out a way of those dolphin statues that you walk by that you.
Speaker 3: See all, right, Buddy i'm, Married thank you.
Speaker 5: Exactly, yeah, yeah avoid avoid them breathing, holes them blow.
Speaker 3: Holes.
Speaker 5: Anyway so the Point i'm making here you asked the question on the, SHOW. Q does this mean they're trying to drive up the value Of Shador sanders to entice a team to want won him at three where they can trade down because they could still possibly get the player that they will want without using that three.
Speaker 3: PICK i, think IF i.
Speaker 7: Sit it, CORRECT i actually don't THINK i said any Of.
Speaker 3: Okay, well trade back at least right trade.
Speaker 6: Now my thing was is there might be someone interested In Abdull carter because they don't have a need For Abdull.
Speaker 7: Carter they've Got Kevon, thibadeau they've Got Brian.
Speaker 3: Burrce so.
Speaker 7: We want to trade back because we feel.
Speaker 6: Like we could still get a quarterback or get someone else in an, exchange get more draft.
Speaker 5: Cap The, giants that being The giants in this, situation, Right, Okay SO i think that's more relevant now after hearing that explanation from THE gm than it ever has. Been, honestly If i'm If I'm i'm being, Realistic i'm Calling cap on some of this stuff that's Coming Shadoor sanders, Way i'm Calling cap on. THAT i think people know his talent. LEVEL i think they know what he brings to the. Table but in order to keep people off balance on what it is that you would really like to, DO i think things like this happen, sometimes and it just happens to be a little bit more coverage Towards Shador sanders than what it would be maybe possibly for other prospects in years. Past but as it applies to The New York giants looking at that number three, picky if they had no other, recourse nobody wants to offer them what they. Want they can't miss on this. Pick they really can't miss on this. Pick AND i think it's just based upon the conversation that we had With prisco is that they're facing losing their, jobs whether it's THE, gm whether it's the head, coach and whether they're able to save themselves or. Not it still seems to be a pick that may give them some type of ammunition to be able to make maybe a legitimate argument that they should be able to retain their jobs and continue to build this team. OUT i don't know how realistic that, is but in listening to, this it might be way better for The New York giants to trade out of that number three pick and hope that they can get more draft capital and still be able to get a player that they would really want with one of the high draft picks that they would swap out with with the team that would take that number three.
Speaker 2: Overall because if you got if we're looking at the top prospects and everyone, says well It's Travis hunter And Abdul carter and you can swap either one of, those there's going to be a team who's going to look at The. Giants If the point, is, listen they don't Need Abdul. Carter they've already got that position. Addressed that's going to be willing to give up a significant amount for one of the top overall prospects in the. Draft so if You're Joe, shane The giants, like why would you, like why would you take a? Quarterback why would you Go if it's too high to take An ashton gent maybe you could drop back.
Speaker 7: And and and but is?
Speaker 3: It is it too? HIGH i, mean didn't they Take saquan at number?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 3: Yeah but it was it was a. Hit clearly they weren't fans of.
Speaker 5: His clearly they made a tremendous, mistake is what they did That the draft pick was, good.
Speaker 6: Different general, manager, right that Was David. Gettleman and then you Had Joe shader came in and you know he didn't prioritize paying that position.
Speaker 7: The same way The eagles.
Speaker 3: DID i, guess, well that didn't look. Good doesn't look.
Speaker 5: Good but it was a. Hit the pick was a. Hit SO i don't. THINK i don't Feel Ashton genty should be talked about. More i've said, IT i feel. It you, Know i've talked about. Him i've been talking About ashton for at least two or three years.
Speaker 3: Now you know WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Mean i've been really committed to talking about how really talented this dude. Is i've said to, people we haven't seen a back like this since you, Know Barry sanders And Eric dickerson and The Pony. Express and you know, what and now people want to get on the bandwagon With Ashton. Genty he's not being. Discussed you, know say it enough people will think it's. True, right, YEAH i mean that's what that's the. Point and now WHAT i said media is for you could shoot it out there like you really meant. It oh, Yeah i'm shooting this LIKE i really mean. IT i, MEAN i didn't hear this from One Braden. QUINN i JUST i just figured that this is people are starting to catch on To Ashton genty And i'm here to tell, you seriously, though that isn't. MINE i am a fan after seeing him, play AND i do think that it would be interesting to see him, go you, know in top five picks top, six.
Speaker 3: Which is very. REALISTIC i don't think he gets Past Las. VEGAS i.
Speaker 5: Don't now the question becomes who would want to make that trade With New. York who do we think are the teams that have shown interest that would possibly Want if It's Abdul carter or if It's Travis hunter that happened to fall to number, three who would Those do we have bet notts on who those teams would.
Speaker 3: Be, no But i've got you, Know i've got one that can make some. Sense oh he's got. One what do you got The? Bears oh, god it does make sense now because here's. Why is that because?
Speaker 6: Long is that because the new head coach, made you, know not Like DeAndre swift quite as? Much, WELL i MEAN i, think, yeah he doesn't appear to be a huge. Fan but if it's a deep running back draft class and you think you could get a running back that could be quality at the next level later, on maybe The bears called The. Giants i'm talking from the standpoint Of Abdul. Carter maybe they call up and, say you can take the tenth, pick and we've got the thirty ninth and the forty first pick as well. TOO i, mean those are three picks in the top forty. Plus why not if you're that interested or you believe that you need.
Speaker 2: Help from a pass rushing, standpoint they haven't gotten great production From Montes, sweat especially last, year and they gave them a whole bunch of. Money you, know maybe they could hit up the giants and be, like would you be willing to drop back to ten or is that too far to fall out to still get a quality? Player that's what is?
Speaker 5: It what does it look like if you're in the top ten to trade a, pick like, say for, instance the news surfacing on.
Speaker 3: Verybel WANTING.
Speaker 5: Tj watt In New, england that means you want to edge. Rusher and if you're trying to get A. Tj watt at the type of dollar that you were trying to you're going to have to pay to get.
Speaker 3: Them it makes sense to.
Speaker 5: Try to swap out with swap out With New york at that at that four pick and get somebody.
Speaker 3: Else that, way you'd only drop one pick back and and then you get you, know you get the.
Speaker 6: Differences the difference is about four hunderd, points which would essentially be a second round pick if you're looking at the traffic value. Chart so that's typically what you would look at and, say it's about fair compensation to be able to move up or move back one pick that's that's what you're looking.
Speaker 3: For so what that makes sense or not makes?
Speaker 5: Sense if you're if You're New, england does that make sense to ensure that, like, say for, instance there's another team that's like in IN i guess range that wants to try to slip into that third. Space if If Travis hunter or more specifically in this particular, moment based Upon New england showing interest IN Tj, watt would you try to get that number three pick so that somebody doesn't swipe it from you if if it were to fall through WITH Tj watt and trying to get this trade, done, POSSIBLY i, mean it just seems like it would make. Sense IF i want a defensive and the edge rusher of the caliber OR Tj, watt and there's somebody that could possibly trade up and Take Abdul carter before we get, them maybe it's, like, okay let's swap this pick so we can make sure we get Abdul carter at? Three does that make?
Speaker 3: Sense?
Speaker 5: Yes when was the last time you heard anything about? Vrabel AND i THINK i read that? Yesterday i'm If i'm not, mistaken?
Speaker 6: Dude is that fake? NEWS i BELIEVE i read that though that there was. INTEREST i remember seeing it a while. BACK i don't remember seeing it. RECENTLY i read it.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, actually that's that's WHY i even brought it up just, now BECAUSE i WAS i saw a headline where it was Like vrabel is interested The New England patriots are interested in possibly BECAUSE i guess it doesn't seem like the negotiations are going well and Pitts burg. DOESN'T i, mean from WHAT i, read it doesn't sound like it's maybe going to get. Done this draft really needs something to.
Speaker 7: Happen we need an.
Speaker 2: Event, well what does it? NEED i don't, LOOK i don't condone. This i've never personally done. It but if we could get, somebody like a top pick to smoke, weed to get out of a gas, MASK.
Speaker 3: I think it would help everybody in. There it make it that much more.
Speaker 2: Interesting there's not enough, trades there's not enough trade, scenarios there's not enough positive feedback on. Quarterbacks so and so is moving uh soaring up the draft. Charts everything's just negative doom and. Gloom if we could really put a smile on everybody's face and just get somebody, to you, know hit the hippie lettuce out of a gas mask on. Videoymore, okay that's. Fine, listen it worked out well for. Him he's made one hundred million dollars plus in his. CAREER i don't even think he has an, Agent Laromie. TONZEL i think he's represented himself.
Speaker 4: For what is.
Speaker 3: WORTH i, mean we went guy helping him.
Speaker 5: Out we had one of the most, sadly insanely bad happenings take place based upon the draft this. YEAR i mean, bad super. BAD i, mean that's, polarizing sad as hell that it. Happened BUT i mean we did have something crazy that that is being talked.
Speaker 3: About, yeah, NO i.
Speaker 5: WAS i was kind of hoping we, could, uh you, know not as deep as, that because that's super deep, real that's like all the way. Submerged, yeah, Okay i'm just, saying don't don't you know you're gonna pick and choose where we're supposed to stop on the.
Speaker 3: SPECTRUM i, mean.
Speaker 2: There's just not a lot Of i'm telling, You, Mat i've mentioned this. Before brady made the best point a couple of weeks ago when we talked about it on our. Show this draft really has no buzz outside of.
Speaker 6: It That's the thing, is it's one of the reasons why That Sdor sanders is getting so much. BUZZ i, mean he's a bit of a polarizing. Figure but there's also the element of this nothing really else around. It and outside of these, THREE i would say four prospects outside Of Abdul, Carter Travis, Hunter Will, campbell And Ashton gent if you're looking at like top overall, prospects there's a bit of a drop. Off and even With Will, campbell people have you, know questioned his arm. LENGTH i, mean outside of Maybe, booker for a lot of the tackles or at least guys who played tackle in college in this draft, class a lot of these guys might get moved inside the guard because of arm. Length i'm not sure why that. Is i'm not sure if guys are just popping out being three hundred plus pounds with short arms, now but something's. Happening but, anyway the general point is there's just not as much buzz around, it surrounding. IT i actually think the most fascinating thing to, me AND i don't know WHY i didn't know, this And i'm a little disappointed in you two for not knowing. This do you guys know that The La rams never invite any of the top thirty prospects in for a.
Speaker 5: VISIT i don't know how you would be disappointed in me not knowing, that AND i don't because you guys are out IN la and you guys are a little bit of like.
Speaker 6: The, Like, hey what's, up, Man let's go TO nobu over there In malibu do our whole like trendy thing here in The west?
Speaker 7: Coast what's?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 6: BROLL i learned this because the new general, Manager James gladstone with The Jacksonville, jaguars who's you know?
Speaker 3: Him and.
Speaker 7: You know the rest of the scouting.
Speaker 6: Staff they've implemented the same exact strategies that The rams would.
Speaker 7: Use and the reason why they.
Speaker 6: Don't invite in, prospects at least the top thirties because they don't want to tip their hand to any of their team what they're going to do in the first. Round, now they still are able to meet with the teams or, me excuse, me the prospects via. Zoom but that's all, confidential, Right there's no one really is saying like who The Jacksonville jaguars are zooming?
Speaker 7: With and when you do those.
Speaker 6: Visits when you bring players, in you know your medical staff is going to take another look at them after the, combine for, Example but the combines pretty thorough physical, evaluation so you don't really need much more unless there might be a medical, checkup which again THE nfl is going to handle with a follow up checkup from the combine for those guys who are still. Injured so they basically you go in on these, visits you meet some of the, coaches you sit, down talk, more they test you on, something you meet maybe some of.
Speaker 7: The, players other people who are out, there but that's really. It they can't work you.
Speaker 6: Out so the strategy that they're implementing In, jacksonville the saying that they have with The, rams is something that kind of fascinates me about this draft THAT i don't recall ever hearing about in regards to THE, Rams LIKE i was not aware of, That and, look maybe it doesn't. MATTER i would feel like from the prospect, perspective not that you get a choice and who drafts. You BUT i don't want to go see like the. Facility i'd want to go meet some of the. Players i'd want to go get a vibe for the locker room and the organization and getting a sense of all, that, Right, like it's kind of weird that from The jaguars perspective it might be good for them at least in regards to how they see the first round maybe the top end of the, Second but for the prospects it doesn't, help you. KNOW i, mean you're literally getting drafted and shipped off to a place you've maybe never been to. Before it's kind of crazy when you think about.
Speaker 2: It maybe they, think if these guys see this, place they won't want to be, here so let's just keep it, quiet you, know like if they don't know how messy the situation.
Speaker 7: Is AND i think The rams isn't The rams stuff? Nice? NOW i, MEAN i.
Speaker 2: Guess The rams get most of their attention because they were doing that thing That Cliff kingsbury had that real nice. House, yeah The, RAMS i guess rent like some beach house to where they.
Speaker 7: Do is Their manhattan beach or.
Speaker 10: WHATEVER i.
Speaker 2: THINK i think it was In, Malibu And i'm almost positive there was like A covid outbreak one year and so they couldn't even like really partake in.
Speaker 3: It it Was Hermosa beachley at Whatever. Malibu, Heumros so there's water.
Speaker 6: NEARBY i thought it was more of A South, bay you, know like down were Like lighter And, robstone those boys are At South bay. BROS i thought it was more of that area only because they had like a public area.
Speaker 7: To where there's like the fans were. Involved they could bring through.
Speaker 3: Something ye, yeah.
Speaker 6: Which again you you could do that In, jacksonville like you could remember that lady you.
Speaker 3: Know oh they interviewed and oh, yeah we we have that that. Lady uh she should have The iHeart jags.
Speaker 6: Fan H, yeah we're we are. Exforting were going to take it to the. Limit, yeah she talked about her beach house that well it's not quite a beach. House it's well walk from the.
Speaker 3: Beach but, yeah she she's a big Diehard jags.
Speaker 2: Fan we're efforting that that sound by uh, so let's see we're working behind the scenes, here a little, vamped little, vamped little.
Speaker 6: Vamp lee's work and don't have it to dance, Dance jonas we Got john Being i'm being shook. Off we've got an. OUTDANCE i was calling for fast this And lisa can just just give thirty. Seconds i'll send it to.
Speaker 7: Him they can turn this.
Speaker 2: Out well, listen ALL i know is this is somebody's got to do something to spice up this, draft all.
Speaker 3: Right AND i don't know what it's gonna.
Speaker 2: TAKE i don't know if it's gonna, be uh some sort of, drama some sort of you, know maybe A CD lamb moment where you, know the girl he's sitting with tries to grab his phone and he rips it out of her hand because he looks check your text message says maybe maybe that wouldn't be a great thing to have happen here on national. Television but we just need something here because there's just not a whole lot of interesting storylines heading into. This So jacksonville not holding top thirty. VISITS i, mean some would argue they're not a top thirty.
Speaker 6: Team So i'm just, saying isn't it, Interesting like wouldn't you wudn't you want to look, at you, know some of those, prospects like have them come into your, facility sale they interact with, players maybe take him out to a, meal see how, that see how that.
Speaker 7: Goes that's going to put the, process like a.
Speaker 6: Zoom interview is drastically different than what it's going to be like when you actually have to have them in your.
Speaker 2: Facility oh, yeah, listen anybody who's been ahead a dating app knows, that, like you know what.
Speaker 3: What they what they present filters and. Everything oh, yeah what they present to. You have you've been single long enough to have used dating?
Speaker 7: Apps, yeah there was a time of, case it's a.
Speaker 3: Genus there was a time really, yeah you, know and, yeah, yeah are you sure about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: POSITIVE i ain't going? Asked, okay, yeah, positive leave you where you're, at you, know. Positive there there was a time but that you, know it's a long time. Ago but, yeah you, know somebody, says all, right uh, OH i saw a thumb go? Up all, Right, lee what's the thumb?
Speaker 11: Up?
Speaker 3: Mean what does that?
Speaker 7: Mean on?
Speaker 3: Radio we got?
Speaker 7: Her all?
Speaker 2: Right we got to, say this is A jags fan who last brush your teeth or last brush tooth.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty?
Speaker 2: Eight who's Diehards jags. Fan let's let's take a. Listen furst.
Speaker 3: Picks they say they have the best draft in the ENTIRE.
Speaker 1: Nfl are you surprised to hear?
Speaker 11: That certainly not the First we took it to the, limit AND i was In miami with my new beach. House, well it was a couple of minutes from the.
Speaker 1: Beach it's been twenty years since. Then we haven't been too strong in the last few.
Speaker 7: Years, oh we've been.
Speaker 11: Strong we're just playing by the. Rules you can't have a newcomer come in and steal a.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks, honestly sounded like a.
Speaker 7: Cigarettes, yeah sounded like a.
Speaker 3: Yeah white paper, surgery just have a cart In. Hurst these as funny as, hell. THOUGH i loved.
Speaker 5: It, well you can't have someone new the rules steal the, show all, Right, well clearly this draft is not very. Interesting there aren't very many interesting.
Speaker 2: Storyline, yes so you're saying that's why they don't have Any top thirty.
Speaker 3: Visits they don't want to see her at the. FACILITY i.
Speaker 6: See one of THE pff guys was saying on one of their, podcasts he would take Arch manning right now as the As he'd rather take him right, now and he's only played about hundred snaps and had a couple of.
Speaker 7: Starts he would take him right now over any quarterback in this.
Speaker 6: Draft which it sheds a little bit of light on the fact that the quarterbacks typically drive the interest in.
Speaker 7: Drafts it's just the reality of. It and this year is not, viewed as you, know as deep of.
Speaker 6: A draft class at the quarterback. Position next year will be an entirely different. Story next year will be a draft class that is gonna be set up with again probably four guys taking the first, round maybe five, more similar to last.
Speaker 2: Year and then it was this, year, well, listen we can only, hope we can only hope we get something.
Speaker 3: Spicy but until, then at least we got our. Jacks what would that be?
Speaker 2: THOUGH i don't, know, man, LISTEN i through. That, look we've already had somebody do, it you, know gas mask whatever you. Want that was, like by the, way wasn't that gas mask before?
Speaker 3: VAPES i think it was really ahead of his time if you think about.
Speaker 1: It, hey be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp LaVar, Arrington Brady, Quinn Jonas knox in For dan and the. Guys coming up in a little over twenty minutes from now here from The tyraq Dot com, studios we are going to have another edition Of Lee's leftovers for those of you that are not, Familiar it's where our executive, producer lead To lap has stories both, personal both, public and he just releases them all on the. Air so The shenanigans will ensue in about twenty minutes from now here ON. Fsr right, now, though it is time to welcome in the star Of Amazon Primes thursday night football, coverage SENIOR nfl, reporter lead content strategist at THE mmqb and our. Buddy you can get him on x At Albert BREER, ab what's.
Speaker 3: Happening good morning to, You? Albert what's?
Speaker 4: Up? Guys how we doing all?
Speaker 2: Right have you gotten any pushback or flak regarding your article that you wrote about in your piece about your Door sanders from earlier this?
Speaker 4: Week not?
Speaker 10: Much, NO i MEAN i, think, uh you, KNOW i think when you write the truth, it you, KNOW i think you're. Okay SO i haven't gotten any major pushback on WHAT i wrote about him.
Speaker 3: Now so The sanders camp hasn't come after, you and, uh.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, NO i MEAN i think BUT i THINK i think they're starting to, realize like they're starting to realize what is real.
Speaker 4: And what's not.
Speaker 10: Here AND i do Think like, AGAIN i said this to you guys for over a. MONTH i think right like, THAT I i don't think LIKE i don't think.
Speaker 4: That a lot of the league views him as a first round.
Speaker 10: Talent And i'm not telling you that that that means he's not gonna wind up having a GREAT nfl career and be a top ten quarterback all.
Speaker 4: That LIKE, I i don't, know you, KNOW i don't know what this is going to. Become WHAT i can tell you is what is right.
Speaker 10: Now and what is right now is a lot of these teams look at it and SAY i WOULDN'T i wouldn't take them.
Speaker 4: In the first round even IF i needed a.
Speaker 10: Quarterback so a lot like Bon nick's last, YEAR i think this is going to come down to some team seeing them as a fit more so than other teams.
Speaker 6: Would, okay that being, said, though and you've done this for a long, time how many, prospects, though get pushed up into the first? Round LIKE i find it hilarious that there's always like fifty guys who are going to be first round, picks at least based on what the agents are telling, them, Right and in, reality most teams probably don't have thirty two first round grades on all the prospects they end up drafting them the first round that they don't have a first round grade on. Them so If Shador sanders has looked at in some people's minds as the number two, quarterback you know how many quarterbacks then at this point even have a first round? Right is it Just Cam woard at this? Point and then how many players in general are do you think are really have first round grades that teams are, saying, yeah but you know they don't have round game we're take.
Speaker 3: In the first.
Speaker 10: Round, no it's a good, Point, Brady LIKE i think this is this year that numbers, low you know WHAT i? Mean like and even in a great, year you guys know, this like the the number might be twenty twenty, two twenty, four, Right LIKE i think this year that number is probably closer to like twelve or thirteen for some teams like where and look like some of it is like you, know like they're gonna different teams go to look at different guys different, ways so they're not going to come off to see the board the same. Way there's not the consensus that people think there. Is like after you get past the first couple of. Guys you, know like there's going to be disagreement from team to team based on, fit based on like what your doctors, say based.
Speaker 4: On all of those. Things, Right so.
Speaker 10: So, yeah like that, number that number is, low and quarterbacks get pushed in the first round more than any other. Positions so that's definitely something you have to take into account, here is that teams get desperate and it's the most important position on the. Field and you, know like in some cases owners can get involved saying like we have to come away with a, quarterback come hell or high, water you, know and it's how you, know it's How Christian ponder winds up going twelfth, overall let's pick on.
Speaker 4: Him it's HOW.
Speaker 10: Ej manuel winds up going sixteenth.
Speaker 4: Overall you, KNOW i think you'd argue it is.
Speaker 10: How Kenny pickett went in the first round a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Ago you.
Speaker 10: Know it's, like if you're pre determining that we have to take a quarterback in a certain, year, well that doesn't automatically mean there's going to be one worthy of going where you're, picking you, know but sometimes sometimes teams will look at it and, say you know, what like we need to take care of this once and for all, now And i'd argue that's often when the mistakes are.
Speaker 5: Made with all that being, Said, abe they did bring in three quarterbacks to work out In New?
Speaker 3: York is THAT i? Mean is that? Posturing is?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay let me.
Speaker 10: Know SO i would tell, You, LeVar i think this goes back to the, fall, right, like and one THING i think that was very very, clear like starting in the fall was how much work.
Speaker 4: The giants were going to do on. Quarterbacks and they did.
Speaker 10: A, ton and so they got you, KNOW i, know people, said, oh they were around you do her a lot in the. Fall they were around all these guys a lot in the. Fall SO i mean there are even a few guys that didn't come out that were in that. Category Drew aller At Penn state And Garrett nusmeyer you know AT, lsu And Carson beck At georgia.
Speaker 4: And now At.
Speaker 10: Miami like they were around those guys a ton during the fall because they knew quarterback was going to be need for them and they wanted to really dive in and get to know the class really. Well so like this is the last piece of. That AND i think they will take a quarterback, somewhere BUT i don't think that the likelihood right now is they take a third. Overall they did work Out Jackson dart about a month. Ago they worked them out in Mid, march so like that was the first the private workhouse they. Did and you, know now they're getting these three done here at the end and being what to do her, Today Jalen Miller roe tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And Tyler shuck On.
Speaker 10: Saturday SO i mean they've run the gamut with all of these, guys and you, KNOW i think reading into it is like this is like a new level of interest or this is like some sort of renewed, interest LIKE i think as much as anything.
Speaker 4: Else and this is you, know SOMETHING i wrote the other.
Speaker 10: Day this Is John mara basically saying to this, guys, like if we're going to pass on the quarterback at, three, like let's make sure we know what we're passing. ON i, mean you may remember seven years ago they didn't make a mistake Taking Saquon barkley second, overall But Josh allen was under consideration, there you, know and and so you know they wind up passing.
Speaker 4: On On Josh allen at that.
Speaker 10: Point and you, KNOW i think part of it for the for the for the maras you know, again is, well you, know if we're if we're not taking a quarterback of three with this crying need we have with this pick that we, have then we need to be damn sure we know these guys inside now before we do.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: Albert as far as The giants, go because we were talking about that, earlier is what's the potential of, them you, know maybe moving back out of the pick if they don't have a need for an edge rusher like An Abdull, carter maybe there's a team that desperately wants him or is interested in that as being their. Pick so have you heard any teams specifically that have, called or any teams to keep an eye on that could potentially be.
Speaker 4: Moving, YEAH i don't know that anybody's.
Speaker 10: COMING i, MEAN i think IT'S i think it's hard logistically this year because you can take the draft value chart and throw it out this. Year the reason why at leayst at the very top of the. Draft the reason why is because After hunter And, carter there's this feeling.
Speaker 4: That the picks you've been making.
Speaker 10: There whether It's Will campbell Or Jalen walker Or Mason graham or any of these, Guys Tyler, Warren ashton gent like a lot of those guys would probably be picked fifteenth or twentieth last, year right, Like so, like if you're the giants Are, Browns you're looking at it and you're there two and three with two guys on the board that are legitimate blue chip, guys and you're, saying all, right, well if we're gonna move out here, year going.
Speaker 4: Down to six this year would be like going down to twenty last.
Speaker 10: Year and if that's the, case, well then, like aren't you gonna ask for more from those? Teams and are those teams willing to pay that premium to come and move? OFF i think that complication thing is quite a BAD.
Speaker 5: I would Ask. MOTT i guess maybe not my final, question But i'm curious ABOUT i made the point, Earlier, abea you know The New England patriots are and let me know If i'm accurate or. OFF i didn't know IF i was off or. Not but it sounds Like Mike vrabel was interested IN. Tj watt because negotiations aren't going very well In. Pittsburgh if that is the, case well what does this mean for possibly making a move and you're at, Four but would you think that there's the possibility that they would try to maybe swap out with The giants to maybe get out dual car if they don't get a T j ON i mean hearing that they WANT tj what would come across to me as you are placing a very very high priority on the idea of that, position, correct?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 10: Right, so LIKE i Think Jalen walker is somebody to be in the mix for them to at, for you, Know and and it's you're juxtaposing that against like what they the crying need they have for a, tackle right like an help protect their young. Quarterbacks so you, know whether that's you, Know Will campbell or Arm On menbu.
Speaker 4: Or Kelvin banks, whatever you.
Speaker 10: Know LIKE I i think that that's sort of the internal debate you're talking about that's probably happening there. NOW i don't know they would give. UP i mean they JUST i think the problem for them is they just have too many needs to be giving up a ton of capital to go up a.
Speaker 4: Spot and you, know.
Speaker 10: If they were to, say give up both their third round picks to go up a, spot well then you know that's where the strength of this year's draft is AND i think that complicated a little bit. Too is like most teams look at it and, say, okay like you, know one to twenty isn't as strong as it usually, is but like twenty to seventy is pretty, good you.
Speaker 4: Know and so if you have if you have a good amount of, capital you.
Speaker 10: Know there on on On friday the draft they're in around two and, three feel pretty good about. That so do you want to give up that capital to fill you, know the number of means that you have on the roster to jump one? SPOT i think it's a fair question to, ask you.
Speaker 4: Know and then like what, again what does it take The giants to move.
Speaker 10: Down from from from you, know taking from Taking Abdul carter at three to maybe take like Save Mason graham at?
Speaker 4: Four like how do they view? THAT i think all of that's part of the, Equation.
Speaker 7: ALBERT i want to ask you About Tyler.
Speaker 6: Shuck it seems like he's gotten a lot of positive momentum Since dinnersina came out and says she had ONE nfl head coach who said he they like him best of any of these. Quarterbacks is he that surprise guy that could end up going in the first round What i'm.
Speaker 10: Talking, About, YEAH i MEAN i think HE'S i don't think it's crazy to think like he could like somebody could trade into the bottom of the first. Round LIKE i, think like all these, guys like there's just like a wide range of outcomes for all of. Them like WHERE i could See shuck going into the first, ROUND i could see him sliding.
Speaker 4: A little in the second, round you, know LIKE I and he's he's.
Speaker 10: A fascinating one because he's got a lot of things some of these other, guys, don't you know WHAT i. Mean he's got the, size he's got a big, arm you, know he's a he's a good. Athlete he ran four, SIX i, believe, Right like, so like he's got a lot of the things you, like but he's going to be twenty. Six he's got the classical. Injury you, know he's had trouble staying in the.
Speaker 4: Field over the.
Speaker 10: Years so LIKE i think with each of these, guys there's something you got to kind of wrap your head, around you, know and like, okay like what AM i okay working? With and the medical is going to be a big piece of it for For Tyler, shuck AND i think the the fact that he's a little older is something you have to you have to be comfortable with. Too, ULTIMATELY i THINK i Think cleveland would be an interesting team for. Him and they're picking right there at the top of the second, round so you, know we'll see where that. Goes BUT i think he'd probably be right in that, range LIKE, i you, know i'd Be i'd be surprised to me if he goes in the first, round BUT i certainly you, THINK i don't think that's off the, table AND i think he's you, know, LIKE i think he probably goes somewhere in the second.
Speaker 2: Round Albert brier joining us here on The Dan Patrick. Show you can get him on x At Albert. Brier what's the real story Behind Derek carr's.
Speaker 4: Injury, yeah there's a lot.
Speaker 10: THERE i, mean the injury is two years, old so that's something to consider, certainly.
Speaker 4: You, know so like you have that and then you know on top of, it LIKE i you, know there was.
Speaker 10: One point in the off season when he was looking for a market correction to this. Contract you, know then then you, know does he want to be? Traded that words sort of circul editor around the league in Early.
Speaker 4: March then.
Speaker 10: You, know like then they do the conversion on his, contract WHICH i mean they didn't have they didn't need to seek permission for, That like they had the automatic conversion in the, contract so they weren't able to do that. Unilaterally but they still they didn't really work with him on, it and so like they just go and do, that which basically locks him into.
Speaker 4: The team for this.
Speaker 10: Year and now you hear like this injury thing all of a, sudden there is an. Issue there's just there's a lot going on, THERE i would, say and there's a lot to sort through for for for For Derek carr and The. Saints AND i don't know the way this, ends but it certainly had a layer to to where they're at going into the, draft what they might do with the nine overall, tick what they might do on The friday of the.
Speaker 4: Draft, YEAH i think they.
Speaker 10: Were they were they were looking pretty heavily at quarterbacks to begin. With it'll be interesting to see if it affects their approach when they get to the actual.
Speaker 5: Draft you mention early are going at the draft And i'm passing On, alan what what's your. Take i've been telling the whole entire world for so, long and And i've just been ringing the bell and and just trying to holler from every mountaintop THAT i can About Ashton genty and and his his.
Speaker 3: Talent and, No i'm. JOKING i take it up up to messing With. Brady.
Speaker 5: Uh brady has actually been telling people how Great Ashton genty has been before he became maybe more so of a household, name how should we be looking at you, know where he's, at and how set up for this year's.
Speaker 10: Draft i've ACTUALLY i tried to ask people my, conversations like how does he match up with the guys that have gone in that range at that position in recent? Years so say Kwan Zeke, elliott you, Know Leonard, Fournette christian, McCaffrey there are very many of, them you, Know Jon, robber and so there are.
Speaker 4: Very many guys that have gone in that.
Speaker 10: Range AND i the Feedback i've got is like he's maybe like a slight notch below that group of, guys you, know but he's a really really good.
Speaker 4: Player and because he's so clean.
Speaker 10: Character, wise like you have like a really good idea of what you're going to get with, him, Right so is it gonna be the best back in? FOOTBALL i don't, know you, know BECAUSE i think all those GUYS i, mentioned like we're seeing as, like, okay like there's got a potential to be the best player. Disposition but he's a damn good, player AND i think like where he goes just sort of depends on how you approach that position in. GENERAL i think this this relates To Tyler warren to some, degree to where you, know just a really good player and you, know like it's it's kind of you, know going to come down to team's comfort level with you, know spending top ten picks on those.
Speaker 2: Positions maybe does it feel like this draft is lacking a little uh little.
Speaker 10: Buzz i'll tell you what if she do or starts, sliding.
Speaker 3: It Won't, okay that's what we're holding.
Speaker 10: On, YEAH i, mean LIKE i think you're, Right like last, year if you, remember like the sexy positions were all were, loaded, right like you had, quarterbacks you had, RECEIVERS i mean it was it was and and and even if like you're talking about just premium positions in, general with the offensive tackles that were, THERE i mean last year was one of those years where it was, like if you need help at a premium.
Speaker 4: Spot you can get.
Speaker 10: It it was a GOOD tv, DRAFT i would, say you, know like with the three quarterbacks of the top six in the top twelve and then you Know Marvin, Harrison Elik neighbors And Roma dunze there in the top. Ten this draft is not that. Way so this draft.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have that sort of star.
Speaker 10: Power you're gonna have offensive line and you're gonna, have you, know defensive, line AND i think pretty heavy in the first twenty picks or. So so, LOOK i think this draft's going to be about. Storylines and one of the storylines is what happens was Shad OR i think IT'S i think one thing that is cool about is Because i'd say it flattens out after the first two, guys like After hunter And, carter you're going to kind of get to a point WHERE i think it's gonna be pretty, unpredictable and so there could be some curve balls and certain guys going ahead of other guys BECAUSE i think it is sort of, flat like once you.
Speaker 4: Get past those two.
Speaker 10: Guys So i'll enjoy, it But i'll enjoy, it BUT i can understand where it would be lacking a little bit like the drive by.
Speaker 6: Fans, albert did you say you felt like there was gonna be a lot of trades or maybe not a lot of.
Speaker 7: TRADES i couldn't remember when we talked to you a couple weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago, YEAH i don't think there'll be a lot at the. TOP i think you get in the back half of the first.
Speaker 10: ROUND i think that DYNAMIC i had Mentioned brady about how like if you're, again if you're valuing this year's fifteenth tick like you would last year's fifth, pick or the other way, around if you if you if you value this year since the pick like you would last year's fifteen, sick THEN i think that logistically makes it difficult to move in the first. Round AND i do think it's like you like view say you view Like Will campbell and Arm on Membo, is or you View Jalen walker And Michael williams And Shamar stewart like there's not a huge, difference like Or Will johnson And Jai. Baron, well then, like what's going to motivate you to move?
Speaker 4: Up LIKE i think the motivation to move up is like when the.
Speaker 10: Supply in those spots maybe starts to throw and dry a, little and that's later in the first. Round So i'd, say like the first half of the first ROUND i think will be relatively, static and then we get the back half of the, round things.
Speaker 4: Change a little.
Speaker 6: Bit so so real quick on that, Note, typically when there's these different draft, classes you've always, said and this used to be around the, combine we'd bump into each. Other teams would be like salivating over a guy in like the next year's, draft sometimes at a certain. Position and obviously this quarterback class is viewed as one that's that's weaker in compared to last. Year is there a sense of that With Arch? Manning like is there a sense around THE nfl in league that, like if he does what everyone thinks he's going to do this, year that he would leave and he, would without a doubt be one of those generational prospects because THE nfl has seen the store twice before or maybe three, times including the, brothers but through generations of The manning's working.
Speaker 10: Out, YEAH i, MEAN i can't wait to see what. HAPPENED i don't know that anybody can speak to it with a lot of like certainty at this point, me gause hee, talent, Right, like BUT i don't, Know, brady what do you? Think LIKE i look at it like he had his two starts were against inferior, opponents wasn't? It it was against like a directional school and like a or was?
Speaker 4: IT i can't, remember but it was against the.
Speaker 10: Directional SCHOOL i think in The Mississippi state who was we didn't want a game in THE. Sec, so, Like i'm not saying that to knock, him but it's, just you, know like you still haven't seen.
Speaker 4: Enough like and if if his name.
Speaker 10: Were you, know if his last name Were, smith, LIKE i think we'd probably be looking at him And texas fans would be super excited because of what he is. Physically BUT i don't think we'd be talking about him like he's gonna be the first tick in the, draft you.
Speaker 4: Know so so two.
Speaker 6: Things he obviously bigger than quin you weres and obviously yours was dealing with some sort of injury what have. You but even when yours was, healthy stronger, arm better. Athlete AND i think that's going to translate In sarkisian system of a big year in, particular what week one they played some some Big. SCHOOL i think if it shows out week, one this upcoming season will set the time for the rest of.
Speaker 4: It, Right, well, yeah AND i agree with. That like here's WHERE i would say, though like just looking.
Speaker 6: At the, Fan so you're, saying if he beats down who they play week one like it like here comes the hype.
Speaker 7: Train is that what you're?
Speaker 10: Saying, yeah if he if he shows out in week, One, yeah that the hype train can leave the.
Speaker 4: STATION i would say.
Speaker 10: This SO i THINK i Think Cooper manning has done an incredible, job like from WHAT i can see at least managing like his helping helping to manage his, sons like like you, know his playing. CAREER i don't, Know LIKE i don't know why anybody gets will get the idea that it's automatic that that he's going to come out if he has a great.
Speaker 4: YEAR i, mean if you look at, It.
Speaker 10: Peyton, Stayed eli stayed.
Speaker 4: When they were in, school you, Know Arch manning in a spot when a lot.
Speaker 10: Of guys would have Left, texas he stayed and stuck it out and sat for two. Years and then there's a lot like there's a lot of evidence that what is the MARKET.
Speaker 4: I think it's like twenty five starts in.
Speaker 10: College like there's a big difference when you're talking about it being a predictor for success in the. Pros like generally guys who start a lot of games in college have a bit of have an advantage over guys that. Don't so LIKE i would just look at, it LIKE i, mean like everything we know about The manning, family it tells us like they're not Gonna they're not going to just chase money or a certain draft position if it's there for, Them LIKE I i don't, know it just it feels to me like it's a lot more likely that he's going to spend at least two years as the starting quarterback At.
Speaker 4: TEXAS i might be, wrong but but but it just it at least feels that way to me.
Speaker 10: Now and you, KNOW i, again LIKE i, mean we talked about next year's.
Speaker 4: CLASS i think there are.
Speaker 10: Some guys look at throughout Or Kent, State Garrett nathmeyer AT, Lsu Leonora's sellers At South. CAROLINA i JUST i don't. KNOW i don't know that it'd be so fast About Arch manning and that class base and what we know about how his family's handled these into the.
Speaker 7: Past but again week.
Speaker 6: One if he if he just blows out that upon A week, one especially on the, road you know you have a good good.
Speaker 10: Sense that you're willing your willingness to.
Speaker 4: Happen, now, hu you really just do you?
Speaker 7: Know do you happen to know Who texas Plays week one next?
Speaker 3: YEAR i?
Speaker 4: DO i? DO i MEAN i heard there's another.
Speaker 10: Highly scouted quarterback that might be playing that by the name Of julian saying you might.
Speaker 3: Want To i'm just on the same page, Here i'm sar, sure, Huh i'm sure on the same.
Speaker 10: Page, yeah you might want to shut you up on him for picking and.
Speaker 4: Kickoff you guys might be talking about.
Speaker 7: Buddy here and here's how little you. Know then here's how little you.
Speaker 6: Know last spring, game when everyone was drooling About Jeremi, SMITH i sat there instead on the, BROADCAST i said joy and saying has the higher upside Like Ohio, STATE i think could have done what they did last, year even with.
Speaker 10: Saying, starting, wow well you made me feel a lot.
Speaker 4: BETTER i appreciate, That, brady thank.
Speaker 3: You it all comes, here it is ab weppreciate.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 3: Man we'll do it again next.
Speaker 4: Week thanks, guys