Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part one behind a scene with a member of the show What's Up, Everybody? Happy weekend.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox is joining the star of Price Is Right from this week.
Speaker 1: Thank you for taking the time to join us, Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: You're welcoming once again. You miss an opportunity to say come on down, like you didn't say it. But that's okay, that's.
Speaker 1: It feels too iconic for me to just blatantly say it.
Speaker 3: No, you should have said, oh, you know who our guest is, we're gonna tell him to come on down or something, you know something You could have, you know, easily done that, but instead you just went with the boring old Hey man, this guy was on Prices right, and he's here on a Saturday, and that's what I'm doing again.
Speaker 1: But it's so special, come on down. It's a special moment.
Speaker 2: If you would have heard that all the time, it would not be the same as the moment or you did actually come on down.
Speaker 3: You're right. And what's still crazy is I still never heard come on down because you didn't hear I didn't hear it. In the thing, I didn't hear my name called it was bu nanas. It was so loud that I still don't remember them calling my name.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't remember them calling your name to come on down, But do you remember when you got it right and you heard things or it was still loud then too, like when you got to come on down to Drew Carrey.
Speaker 3: Oh, when I got to go up there and all the contestants row, I didn't I'll be honest. I didn't remember what I bid, and I didn't know what everybody else bid. So when he says the actual retail price is and he tells you, I don't know who won.
Speaker 1: So that's why you looked a little lost, like, oh oh wait, that's me.
Speaker 3: And again it starts dinging. Your little thing starts dinging. And that's how you know, because there's no way I kept up with those other people's bids. Like I was just like, all right, uh did I win? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you were just so hype the whole time.
Speaker 3: Listen and people, I love it. I mean that is so I didn't realize when I watched it back like this was first you know, actually I lived it and then I watched it, right, I did not realize that I jumped up and down that much.
Speaker 1: You were like a jumping bean.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't think I've ever even seen you jump to that extent out of excitement, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I didn't even remember that I jumped that much, Like, I had no recollection of jumping that much. I knew that I was like, oh my gosh, like this is crazy, and I was moving my body around, but the jumping. Don't know where that came from. Didn't realize I did it, and I do not remember. I have no recollection of my girl Marilyn grabbing my hand and telling me to calm down. I had no recollection of that. I don't remember that happening. Ever, that was never part of the thing.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like you blacked out a little bit throughout the whole process?
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit, Yeah, like you knew it happened, and then watching it back is when it kind of reminded you of what happened. Yes, Yeah, you definitely blacked out a little bit. Yeah, what do you think that was from adrenaline? Because it wasn't from you weren't nervous.
Speaker 3: I wasn't nervous. It was straight it was straight adrenaline.
Speaker 1: Just like pumping veins.
Speaker 3: Nervous because I was. I was nervous, Like when we got in the studio and we sat in, when they put you in your seat, I was like, man, what if they don't call me? What if they don't call me? That's when I was nervous. But I was like, they gotta call me. But then I was like, man, I'm right here, like I can see the little dingers, like get me up there, like come on. And Marilyn sat right in front of me, and she was on a road where there's only two people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I was a row with three people me and then it was a mom and daughter that were there for a birthday trip from northern California. They had driven down. I just met them as we after I sat down, they came and sat by me, and I was like, Ah, this is weird. I don't know them. And the girl that I was with all day that I met in the parking lot, the blonde from Dallas. She was she was on a mom caasion because she was divorced and it was her her husband had taken her son to somewhere. So she's like, you know what, I'm gonna go on a vacation for myself. And so she came to Californ and she's visiting friends and she came to the Prices writing on Sundays. She works at Cowboys Stadium and she is a bartender in the suite, a suite on the fifty yard line, and so we had walked up together, and so people thought we were a couple.
Speaker 1: That's funny, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, I don't know that girl, Like I don't know where were So we talked all day and she was in the group and everything. But when we went into the stage like to go sit, she was in front of me and they walked up and they said, what's your name? She tells them and they look on their little iPad. Okay, you're gonna sit. O, go see Barbara over there. And so she went on the opposite side of me, and I went and saw Samantha on the right side. So I thought that was interesting. I was like, why wouldn't they Well.
Speaker 2: Did she get called up the No, that's how they were separating you guys from the beginning.
Speaker 3: But why separate it is even though she's not getting called up. We were together all day. It felt like we would have sat next to each other. But I understand they have to put people in different spots so people get called from every section, so everybody can be excited and the camera can pay and all that. So that was an interesting little tidbit. I was just like, huh, I wonder why they didn't want me to sit next to her or they have their reasons, you know, maybe they wanted me next to uh, you know, a younger person or an older person. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, splitting you guys all up in different ways.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is interesting if you if the Valentine's Day plot would have been truthful in what you were telling us. They like you needed a partner, You did have one. You technically did find somebody.
Speaker 3: I did, but it was on a different day.
Speaker 1: I know. So what did you do?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, how did you even decide that this was going to be a secret and you were going to do what you were going to do?
Speaker 1: Like, at what moment did you have that thought?
Speaker 3: Uh? The moment after the taping ended, I was just like, I'm not telling anybody. I'm not gonna tell soul was.
Speaker 2: That because you obviously you weren't allowed to There is an NDA you have to sign.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I could have told you guys off air, like no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just telling would have been the problem?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want it. Really it was more of a It was also a man, I'm gonna shove it in a lot of people's faces because I knew a lot of the listeners would call and be like, oh, you're such a loser. Of course they wouldn't want you. You're such a bum. Why why would the game show pick you? You suck? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Did that ever happen?
Speaker 3: It did happen?
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry, everything's been a blur.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know why karma because you're not a good person. Well, I wanted it to them. I wanted everybody to pile on and then to feel so stupid when March thirty first came around and your boy was on the freaking show.
Speaker 1: I think listen. At one point, I think I said, I think.
Speaker 2: You're capable of it. When we were discussing if it was a possibility, Like I knew you were capable of it, I just didn't know if it actually like logistically would have happened that way, right, But then also I was thinking back to the cruise. I was like we were hanging out the whole cruise. How did you not tell me the entire time.
Speaker 1: On the cruise.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell anybody. My brother and sister didn't even know no.
Speaker 2: But like we were together so much on the cruise, that's right, And you know you didn't slip up even in some short way.
Speaker 3: Or for you know what's funny is Ray and I we do the Sore Losers podcast. Never slipped up with him. Never and we were in that when we're in that room and we talked before the podcast or after the podcast or never. Never, not even a mention.
Speaker 2: Okay, so why well, why did you want it to be a serier besides the listeners?
Speaker 3: And I know what shock, the shock of it happening, Like if you know, then it's already like okay, you know what I mean. Like it's not as you don't anticipate it as much. If you are in the unknown, you don't know what's going to happen. That's when the anticipation builds and you're just like what what what if you knew, you'd be like I already knew that was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's all about the shock and anticipation.
Speaker 1: You just really wanted that back, Okay, I wanted that moment.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I wanted the the icing on the top. It was fantastic.
Speaker 1: So are you like just on a high from now? Everybody knows that you can talk about it on a high, on a high because you obviously did news stories.
Speaker 3: I did news I did. I mean, I've done a lot of you know, press tour. And what's funny is like my friend Andrea that I went to college with, I had taken a station visit down to San Antonio and I had like two hours before my plane left, and I was just like, she didn't know I was in San Antonio. And I was like, hey, you work from home, right, And she's like yeah. And I was like all right, I'll be right there. And I went to her house and she's like what are you doing? And then we talked about prices, right, and I was like, yeah, man, I didn't get on, you know, I just sucked. And so then I texted her the night before I was like, hey, tomorrow, you know, you can look for me on the price is right in the crowd and she goes, but you didn't get up, right. This is the same when you told me about and I was like, yeah, she goes, I'm not watching.
Speaker 1: So did she text you after?
Speaker 3: No, she didn't watch.
Speaker 2: Know, it is hard unless you listen to the show and we've talked about it.
Speaker 1: No, or you just watched Prices right as a normal viewer. Yeah, you'd have no idea.
Speaker 3: And I told her, I said, well, at least your husband, Earl wants to see my face. And she's like, oh my gosh, the lies you tell yourself.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she didn't. She didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Did your phone blow up after the episode or after it was on social.
Speaker 3: It blew up like people like, oh my god, you lied to us, you sneaky little Oh my gosh, Like why didn't you tell me like you could at least just said like wink wink. I didn't get on like your friend. Yeah, And I'm like, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: What about your wife and kids?
Speaker 3: Oh they knew.
Speaker 2: I assume they knew, but like your kids knew. Yeah, and they were keeping that secret that day.
Speaker 3: They didn't understand it. They don't know what's going on. They don't really get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I will say that one of the dads at the watch party, he came up to me and he goes, man, because my son, my oldest son, is seven, He goes, my kid told me that you made it to the end. And I said, oh, did he win? And he goes, oh, I didn't ask that. So I guess my son had been telling some of his friends at school about the watch party, like, oh, my dad makes it to the end, and he told him I win some shiny shoes.
Speaker 2: Wait. So, but he didn't even say anything up until the watch party was happening, because it was out of.
Speaker 3: Their mind by then, like you know what I mean, It comes and goes like they they I told him about the experience, and then they didn't understand. They didn't get it because it was never on TV. But then when we started planning the watch party, they're like what And I was like, remember when I went to California and I did this thing? And they're like, oh, yeah, you were. You're gonna be on that TV show. And so I think they start telling everybody. And they have a running club at school and I went to pick up my boy and my oldest one, baby box one, and the running coach is like, so I hear your own price is right? I'm like, I don't know, he goes. I mean, that's what a bunch of seven eight year olds are saying, so I don't know if I should believe them.
Speaker 1: So how did you manage that? Were you just like, well, that was the.
Speaker 3: Day it aired?
Speaker 1: Oh so really?
Speaker 3: God, I was like, yeah, that's the rumor, man, that's the rumor that I was on there this morning.
Speaker 1: You know that's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I lied to everybody, people on the cruise corner and people at Coaches convention for the Sore Losers Nation cornering me. I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Everybody, did you almost give it up?
Speaker 3: Never? Never?
Speaker 1: Just really committed to the bit never? That's impressive.
Speaker 3: Like, there wasn't a moment in time that I was gonna be like, oh, you know what, guys, I want to come clean. Heck no, because every time we talked about it, my tummy was smiling like, oh, these fools and have no idea.
Speaker 1: You're just hold hold on to it.
Speaker 3: It was great. It was so fun to lie to everybody.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like this is potentially your greatest bit you've ever done?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, uh oof, that's tough because back in Austin, before we were here, I ran a marathon without training, Yeah, on four days. Notice, that's pretty freaking unbelievable. Like I like that is like heart, soul, spirit, like that is I don't know, that is perseverance. That's tough. So I think the marathon might be might be bigger.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to debate this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come back, and I want you to kind of rank where Prices Right might fall in maybe your top five bits of all time?
Speaker 1: Oh it's one or two, no matter what I know, But let's talk about it. We'll talk it out. Okay, we'll take a break, we'll be our back, all right.
Speaker 2: So what would even be on your top five bits of all time?
Speaker 1: You've been on the show for how long?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: What year is it?
Speaker 1: Twenty six?
Speaker 3: So twenty years October this October, it will be twenty three years.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's wild.
Speaker 2: So in twenty three years, you got the marathon that you ran it in four days, and they'll notice, Yeah, you've got now the price is right, Price is right, You've got going to jail, which you mentioned on Price is Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else do you feel like we would hit the top five?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: We did an April Fool's joke. When we were early on and we had a co host of the Sime named Jill, and she had just gotten a new puppy, and so we were like, oh, let's see how many balloons it'll take to, you know, get the puppy to float off the ground. So we tied a bunch of balloons and sent it up and we were like, I was like, oh my god, it's getting away from me. Oh my gosh, I can't reach it. Oh the puppy's gone.
Speaker 1: Was she not around you while this is happening. Oh no, she was in the studio and you were like, out somewhere do Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was out in the parking lot and we had tied the stuffed animal to it and set it up.
Speaker 1: So she had no idea. She thought it was whole time, not her.
Speaker 3: The entire city started calling nine one one, and we started getting people calling, Hey man, I'm out here in Maynor and I can shoot that sucker down. I got a gun, I see it. I see it from the farm. And nine one one was getting so many calls that we had to like, alright, guys like Aprilvols, Arivols, Aprivools.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I've never heard of that vet was on.
Speaker 3: I mean it was like an hour and a half. We just went on and on about how the puppy call us if you see the balloons, like, let us know where the dog is.
Speaker 1: At what point did Jill start having suspicions she knew that well, oh yeah, yeah, I have to say I would be shocked that she committed her puppy to that bit.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, it was all about because we talked, just prank the whole city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one was pretty good. Now, that was pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: So that's up there. One more, one more spot.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I don't even know. I mean, that's tough. I I really, there's so many good ones that I don't even know. I don't know what something I would like to hear what other people think, like if they have one that sticks out, but another one that stuck out. In Austin, we gave away free gas because gas prices were up really high, and so we we were doing free gas at a gas station right there at one eighty three and uh breaker, and so people were pulling up and they were I mean, the line was miles long, and we gave my candle refried.
Speaker 1: Beans instead of gas.
Speaker 3: That's free gas. Beans, give you gas, and then we put our picture on it, and that was it. We were handing out cans of beans.
Speaker 2: Were you guys all there or were you the only I was the only one there and you were handing them out?
Speaker 1: So you were dealing with the fallout. Oh yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm trying to think what else those are?
Speaker 2: Those are pretty top Okay, so are pretty good? Would you put them in those that order?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: So you'd say marathon at one prices right at two?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, probably didn't. Yeah, I think that's about right. I mean it was. We've done a lot of solid bits and I can't even remember all of them. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just didn't know if there were any that come to mind, especially with this hap because I do feel like it really takes one of those top spots.
Speaker 3: Oh it has to. I mean, it was phenomenal, like it was just so great, like just the whole execution of everything and not knowing that unknown of going out there and it could have been a complete failure, could have been a complete failure, absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't. And that was just like, I cannot believe it.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like any part of you that really wishes you would have won the showcase to like for the cherry on Top?
Speaker 3: Oh, for sure. I mean I wish I'd won the showcase no matter what. I mean. The Cherry on Top would have been amazing. But in the grand scheme of things, it sucks to lose. Like that sucked. It did suck. It hit me right in the gut, like dang, I was that close, but the thing would.
Speaker 1: Be as close as you were.
Speaker 3: Right. It's not like I was off by thousands of dollars. I mean, I was right on it, But I still I still don't understand it. Because earlier in the show, a lady, the lady that won the thing, she won a trip to Vamp Canada.
Speaker 1: Jealous yes, And the.
Speaker 3: Price was like twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bamp's pretty expensive. So is Grease and Thailand, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I looked at that, and I'm like, Greace, Thailand, New Orleans, I mean twelve twelve, eight thirty two thousand. Yeah, you know, I thought New Orleans is probably maybe about eight thousand, because it's cheaper, because it's in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably would have been more like five.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's where I messed up. Yeah, you know, I don't know, And so that's what I'm saying. It was. Yes, I wish I would have won, absolutely, of course you wish you would have won. But the fact that I got to play the whole game.
Speaker 1: Spin the wheel, spin the wheel, and then be there.
Speaker 3: And I mean because in the little green room or whatever, the waiting room, they have a mockx set up and you take a picture of the showcase showdown, and only two people out of two hundred and twenty people get to stand at those shows showed the real one two and I was one of those two. That's unfreaking believable.
Speaker 2: Like, you gotta have written that better, because you you got to not only come on down, be on contestant road, then you got to further go.
Speaker 1: And be Drew Carrey.
Speaker 2: Play a game, you win the game, then you get to spin the wheel, you win the wheel, Like, really.
Speaker 1: So many things had to happen for all of that to go.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of things had to happen for you to get to the end. Like the spinning of the wheel is absolutely pure luck. Pure luck. You have no control over that wheel. Yeah, like nothing you do.
Speaker 2: And the wheel still confuses me a little bit, like, I don't know how many times did you spin two?
Speaker 1: You only spend two.
Speaker 2: I swore I saw one of those ladies spind like eight times.
Speaker 3: No, you were drunk.
Speaker 1: It was at your watch party where I was watching it, I know, but.
Speaker 2: Because there were so many children, I needed to be sober.
Speaker 1: But the the it seemed like she spent it, and maybe I just didn't because I was kind of watching from well, one lady, one lady.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, the first you're talking about the first set. Yeah, that's because she got one dollar. When you get an equal to one dollar, you get one thousand dollars. Then you get a bonus spin. So she did spend it a third time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she did spend more than I thought. And I was but I was trying to watch the calculations because it was like sixty sixty and then it'd be like eighty would show up.
Speaker 1: I'm like what.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I just wasn't watching close enough to actually keep the mouth going, but it was confusing me.
Speaker 1: The will the wheelspin confused me a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when those two ladies set it off and they had eighty each, Marylyn another lady, I was like, oh my gosh, I'm in deep trouble. I was like, this is a very slim.
Speaker 1: What did you end up getting on the wheel?
Speaker 3: Ninety cents? Yeah, I got thirty and sixty and my first spin was almost eighty five, like it was right there, and then clicked over to thirty. I'm like, oh my gosh, now I need a perfect spin, and I got the perfect spin.
Speaker 2: And so when they hit one dollar, that's bad or that's good good because.
Speaker 3: You want the closest of one dollar without going over, okay, and when you get one dollar, you get a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So that was the first groups. How many people ultimately spun the wheel?
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 1: But so the person that won one thousand, is that the one you were competing?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: Yes, got it. I never watched her, so I didn't see her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she was the one that won. So they do it in groups of three, yeah, three, the first three and then they spend the wheel, and then the next three they spin the wheel and the two people that out of those three go and meet in the finals.
Speaker 2: So then there was four of you guys, and then you and that girl are the were the two finalists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of that crazy.
Speaker 3: It is crazy. And what's crazy is how many people around me in line? Are the ones that got called down in contestant Row?
Speaker 1: Well, Marylyn Marylynd, the lady that won it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the girl won the first game. She was doing the punch game. She was like number two or three in line. Who else was it? The guy that he got called up right at the beginning, he never got off Contestants Row. He was around us in line. I mean, so it was like a lot of us right there.
Speaker 1: And you were sitting by each other in the audience or no, no.
Speaker 3: No, we weren't sitting but in line. Just all day we had been around each other like that was our group.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think maybe because we all talked to each other or.
Speaker 2: Imposialities like that, I feel like attract to each other in that type of setting. You guys are all excited, you all want to talk about.
Speaker 1: It, You want it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like maybe all of you as actively wanting to be on just kind of gravitated your and.
Speaker 3: I think maybe they And this is total speculation is we were all the ones that got there early, like real early, so they know, oh my gosh, these people are hyped. But it could be that could have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: How early were you?
Speaker 3: I mean it was supposed to well, I wanted to get there at ten thirty. No, I wanted to get there at ten. But then I found out the tuxedo placed it in and open un till ten.
Speaker 1: So you had to go get the textual.
Speaker 3: Then I had to go to the TUXI I had to go get the tuxedo like I was like, oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, and I was stressed out. Or was that they won't open eleven? You had to look it up Burbank. You have to look up the mall see what time the tuxedo shop open. So I got in got there like thirty minutes after the hour whatever if it was ten thirty or eleven thirty. And we were supposed to film at one thirty, and we did in film till like three.
Speaker 1: So how are we standing in line for before all of that?
Speaker 3: I got there whatever eleven thirty. So by the time I got into the and I didn't bring a snack, water anything. Yeah, you're I'm outside talking.
Speaker 2: So basically you fasted. Maybe that was like thing you fasted while you were winning.
Speaker 3: And then once we got in the break room, it's exhausted Saturday man Saturdays. Once we got into the room, I had water and snacks or whatever, and then you go over to the set and there's no water. You're not allowed to have water. And so we were in there for like an hour and a half because you know, they're getting everybody seated, and then I'm jumping around and going crazy once I get called up and then there's no water.
Speaker 2: It's probably a good thing you didn't have to have water, though, because I don't know that you could have held your pea for an hour and a half. It's a great point, like I think you would have had to pee that whole time, and then you might not have made it on the show.
Speaker 3: And that's why they probably don't want you to have drinks, because then someone has to get up and go to the bathroom and they get up out of the audience. It looks weird on TV. You spill, Oh no, it's slippery, someone slips some balls. There's probably they got all sorts of reasons they don't want someone in the background and drinking a coke, you know what I mean, like in the back of the camera. I get it. I'm not saying it's bad. It was just like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So pro tip for anybody who chooses to go, make sure you eat before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and bring snacks because you're gonna wait outside for a little while before you get in the room with actual snacks. Yeah, that's crazy, man. I still can't believe it, and I can't believe it was six months ago. Like when it first happened, I was like, ow, man, that is so far way. This is gonna be ridiculous. Smash cut here, we are already there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I probably felt like time was moving really slow. But then now that it's here, it's like, oh, that happened really quickly. But as each day was passing, our moments would happen where maybe you'd want to share it. Yeah, it was probably when it felt really slow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I never wanted to share it. I wanted to wait till March thirty fourth so bad. And then I didn't even realize April second. When I said April second, I mean I wasn't even thinking it was Bobby's birthday. I was just like, oh yeah, and then the other one's April second, guys, April seconds the next one just because it was a couple days.
Speaker 2: Later, and just to clarify, you weren't on another one. Because once you're on one, you can't be on here.
Speaker 3: You can't be on for ten years.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 1: Is that any games that are around there or is it just prices right?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know that its price is right. That's just what they were telling us, Like, if you get on, you can't come back for ten years. You can go sit in the audience, but you can't get called down.
Speaker 1: Oh so you still can go and watch and be a part of the audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can be a part of the crowd.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I assumed you just gonna go.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they don't mind your face being in there to fill up the seats and you know, bring the energy, but you cannot.
Speaker 1: Would you go back to just hang out in the crowd.
Speaker 3: I'll go back and then whoever's with me, I'll get them on.
Speaker 1: That would be your plan.
Speaker 2: What was your story that you told them, because you know, you told us a bunch of stories. Yeah, like and at one point it was talking about making up a lie to try and get on, Like, what was your story?
Speaker 3: Oh? My story was easy? What's up? I'm from Nashville, Tennessee, and Man, I raised three boys. That's what I do for a living. But how do I make money. I'm on a morning radio show and I entertain America every morning, and I'm here to entertain you today.
Speaker 1: That's all you have to say.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Did you mention the going to jail thing? No, until the moment that you met Drew Carry. No, that's funny.
Speaker 3: No. No, literally, they only talked to you for like ten seconds. They asked you your name, where you're from, blah blah blah, why are you here?
Speaker 1: Did you have your high energy that you had in the show?
Speaker 3: I hadn't from the day the moment I got out of the uber.
Speaker 1: You're just hype.
Speaker 3: I talked to every single person I saw. I didn't know who they were, didn't care. Did Maybe they were a producer because this dude was directing traffic. I'm like, what if he seeing how people? Ack? I got out of that uber started talking to him, Hey man, what book you're reading? He's reading some book? Oh man, sounds very interesting. Dude. Oh, man, well you have a great day. Man. He's like, you know your uber can take you up there. Oh, don't worry about it, man, I'll just walk. I'm in here. Just enjoy the experience.
Speaker 2: Oh then you just anticipated cameras being on you from the moment I got.
Speaker 1: Out Luber okay.
Speaker 3: And I was just in a random parking lot and there was a daycare, so I don't think there was cameras out there. And that's where I met the chick. When I was walking, I met the girl from Dallas. She lost and bewildered, and I'm like, oh, you tried to buy a price? Is right? Come on, let's go. We'll find it together, you know. Just I'll put you under my wing. I talked to everybody, every single person.
Speaker 1: You were thriving. Yes, I feel like that day you were thriving.
Speaker 3: I have I'm telling you. I did not get back to the hotel till like six thirty, and I was exhausted.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have more questions.
Speaker 3: It was like a day on the cruise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could, you know what I mean, Like you're.
Speaker 3: Just you're You're on the whole day trying to talk and like make sure whoever is picking people, you don't know who they are, because I don't know who a producer is. I don't know who's what. Make sure they see you as someone they want on that show. And I was working it.
Speaker 1: I was a pro tip. I have more questions. We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: Good, I'm gonna get the water.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 2: Of course I have to ask was it worth it that your name is now out there?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're fine.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Was it worth it? Did you see what I got to do?
Speaker 1: I I do?
Speaker 2: But also you've been very protective over your name for so many years.
Speaker 3: No, I really haven't. All you do is to hit at Google. It's not hard, but people bring it up.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, don't say.
Speaker 3: It so it feels weird. It feels weird. But look, to get on that show, I had to do certain things. Sometimes you had to compromise your morals.
Speaker 2: Did you try and say no, there's no chance, like just hand your idea.
Speaker 3: Hand your idea and they write it down.
Speaker 2: It's not like, hey, actually I'm lunchbox, like Lisa can't be like, actually I go by Bertie.
Speaker 3: No, that's not how it works Bertie, you're you're Lisa today. I'm sorry, and so yeah, you just you write your name down, like put my name down, and we'll be good to go.
Speaker 1: Completely worth it, completely worth it.
Speaker 3: Let's go put the name dag on. I mean, whoa.
Speaker 1: Will you go buy your real name now or stay with lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Don't be stupid, I'm not. That's the dumbest question. No, No, that's the dumbest question you've ever asked.
Speaker 1: I'm asking questions.
Speaker 3: If people want to know, that's the dumbest question anybody's ever asked. It will be Lunchbox forever.
Speaker 2: A lot of listeners assumed you just never wanted your name out there, so now that it's out there, they're like, oh.
Speaker 3: Well maybe no, we ain't an we didn't build this name for the last twenty three years. Is just exit out. No, we don't do that.
Speaker 1: And people do want to know too, like do we call you by that?
Speaker 2: I have not called him that name the entire time that I've known, and you never will.
Speaker 3: No one does. That's why we will co by lunchbox. That's it, period. Endo story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody at the studio, everybody at work, nobody calls you by your real name.
Speaker 3: No, A lot of people don't even know my real name. Some of the salespeople don't.
Speaker 1: But your friends in real life and stuff, they call you by your real name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or they call me idiot and dumbass.
Speaker 2: That's different terminology. Your kids obviously know your name too, do you imagine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that they called dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say dad, and your wife called you by.
Speaker 3: Your name me stud.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just how I'm making up nicknames.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm guys speaking of kids though, and your wife. The watch party was wild.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: The ratio of chill for into adults was insane.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you have to understand there was only about twenty to twenty five couples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was gonna say ratio was sixty kids forty adults.
Speaker 3: And every couple has at least two or three kids. So, I mean, you just gotta imagine. My wife invited anybody that she had said high to since we've moved to Nashville. Like it was like, oh, I invited these people on my what we haven't seen them in ten years? I know, but I felt like they should be here.
Speaker 1: I did talk to your neighbor. She loves you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the older lady. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She loves you. She's very excited to be there.
Speaker 3: She's great.
Speaker 2: It's just pretty funny at one point because she was like, I love I love kids.
Speaker 1: This is so awesome. But then the show started playing, right like the we started to play.
Speaker 3: But she got mad.
Speaker 1: I got mad, and the kids are so loud. Mind you, the kids.
Speaker 3: I didn't think the kids.
Speaker 1: Understand to watch part I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think kids would be that interestdn't want to watch it. I thought they would be there for about ten seconds and give up, go back outside. But a lot of them stayed, and a lot of them didn't shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they did it, but some did start to micrate outside and she's like, yeah, go go keep it's just kissing gone.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know where any of these children's parents are. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why they're just going outside. It's not like they're going out in the middle of the road.
Speaker 1: No, But it was just funny. She was like, yes, all of you leave, like it was first she loved him, and then yeah, get out.
Speaker 3: She wanted to hear. Yeah, everybody wanted to hear she wanted to hear the drama.
Speaker 2: It was fun to watch your kids because they were very much like, very invested. Your kids didn't leave.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't leave for a second.
Speaker 2: And I think if I heard correctly, the oldest was like, hey, why are we fast forward?
Speaker 1: I want to watch the whole thing. Yeah, he was very mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was not understand. I was like, Bud, because this doesn't matter. This, this is just fluff. We don't need to see these other people, and these people need to get home and get to bed because you guys have school in the morning. And so yes, we did fast forward the other people's games so we could just get to the meats and potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was fun to watch. It was fun to watch you in your element.
Speaker 2: Dad, contestant man now kind of famous person.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was. I almost kind of famous person, you know, but nothing. My life hasn't changed much. I haven't got any deals or anything. I don't know when the sponsorships start rolling in, but hopefully soon.
Speaker 2: Are you going to try and capitalize on this moment now and get on another game shows?
Speaker 3: I would love to. I would love to get on another game show, but I would I mean it depends what it is.
Speaker 1: Like I was gonna say, what would you try and go?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'd had to look at all the game shows because I don't want to be on one that's just like weird and no one cares about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like top ones, Yeah, which ones would you be good at?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you'd be really good at?
Speaker 3: There's not a lot left that i'd be good at.
Speaker 1: Prices right? Was you were life?
Speaker 3: The price is right? Was my I mean? And that's what's funny is it was like, did you study? I'm like, what are you gonna study? Like, how would I study that stuff? Well, am, because you have no idea what game you're gonna play. You have no idea what I'd say?
Speaker 1: How many games are there?
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 1: Cause you only see five or six of them really in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would go going to watch old episodes and stuff, and I kept telling, yeah, I'm going to watch them episodes leading into that and watch crap.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like too, if you overstudy, you overthink, yeah, it makes it worse.
Speaker 3: Gosh, if i'd have just bed thirty one three hundred, I think both showcases.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's some of the top ones. You've already been on Family Feud, so now you've been on two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but i'd go on Family Feud again.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you've been on too, You've been on Prices Riting, Family Feud. Which is the top four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The top four?
Speaker 3: I mean another one's Wheel of Fortune obviously, another one's Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 3: I would never go on Jeopardy in my life.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't get it. I would just stay. I wouldn't get a single.
Speaker 1: Question is Jeopardy?
Speaker 3: It's impossible?
Speaker 1: What is Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What is Jeopardy? That?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You have for a lot of these getting Like the only game show that I really watched growing up was how To How.
Speaker 1: To be a Millionaire? Who wants to be a million.
Speaker 3: Jeopardy is the most impossible thing you have ever witnessed in your life. I don't know where they find enough smart people to go on that game, okay, because they are the most random subjects and they are like, oh yeah, uh, names in the dictionary with the letter Q that were born on a Wednesday. Oh my favorite subject.
Speaker 2: And it's like what, yeah, into a random trivia night. People have all kinds of interesting information in their brains, so crazy. I don't personally have terrible trivia.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what. It's really funny when they do that on Jeopardy and then they do a sports gatry and they don't get a single one, right, That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: That is so you don't have time to watch sports if you're intaking all.
Speaker 3: The rest of That's what I'm saying, guys, why it's so funny. It's like, oh my gosh, these are the ones that you know you don't get right, you're crazy. But you name mountain ranges that have one bowel in it that are on the eastern coast that gets snow three percent of the year. Oh yeah, I love those mountains.
Speaker 1: What so, no Jeopardy, no fortune.
Speaker 3: I'd go on that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's your next one. Other popular ones include Survivor.
Speaker 3: It's not a game show.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you winning something at the end of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, But yeah, I'd go on Survivor tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That would be your that would be your real.
Speaker 3: That'd be my number one, that'd be my.
Speaker 2: Number one mass singer. I don't feel like that one is your lane Press your luck.
Speaker 3: I'd go on that.
Speaker 1: The one hundred thousand dollars pyramids, I.
Speaker 3: Would go on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I know.
Speaker 3: That's where you give clues and you can't say certain words they got to get it. Then you work your way at the pyramid to get a hundred thousand dollars. Okay, it's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: And then the chase I don't know that. I don't know that one.
Speaker 3: I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Then you have the high stakes trivia against experts.
Speaker 3: Is what that one was?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: Back to trivia, back to trivia the floor. We've seen how that goes. Friday morning trivia or whatever it's called. What is it called easy.
Speaker 1: Trivia all the time? You can't remember that name.
Speaker 3: Well, it was Friday morning dance party, Friday morning trivia, and I can't get them right. Uh yeah, So I wouldn't do trivia is not really my strong suit. I don't pay attention to the world, so I don't think that would be where I need to be. Yeah, yeah, man, that's great. Well what a week man. I'm just glad it's out there now.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else that you're like, I really want to share about this and you haven't.
Speaker 1: I feel like I asked you all the.
Speaker 3: Questions, but oh, man, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: What did you?
Speaker 2: How did you make up the storylines the next following days because you were still calling us. Yeah, obviously you get in on the first time the first day, and then you had two more days out there. Yeah, so how are you making up stories?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just had to come up with something rolling with it. Yeah. I was just like less and try to make something that sounds believable. Yeah, Like I had to rack my brain, like how am I going to do this? How am I going to show them that? Oh, yeah, I'm here and it's not going well? Like what what stories can I tell?
Speaker 2: Were you consulting with your wife at all? Because obviously she knew, No, she didn't, she's not the she. No, she's just like nah.
Speaker 1: But Scuba New Scuba New. So did you console with him to try and figure out how to navigate it? Or were you just buy yourself?
Speaker 3: I think I was just flying by the seat of my pants. Really, just like talk a little bit, because if you talk too much then you poke holes in stories.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: And so I was just like, man, I went to the Valentine's Day and I got to the ID place and like, oh, who's which one's your plus one? I was like, I didn't have one. So they told me they end up radio. We got one that I wanted to see a lot. No, okay, sorry sir, you're not gonna better go in today.
Speaker 1: So that took care of one day.
Speaker 3: I took a work care one day.
Speaker 1: What was your storyline? The other day that I was.
Speaker 3: Going to be a little bit more calm. The first day I was up in people's faces. So I'm not going to be taking as many pictures. I'm just gonna, you know, have a few.
Speaker 1: Did you wear the tucks that day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, I don't know. I don't remember if I said I wore the tucks that day, but I said, you know, so I'm not going to be I'm gonna be a little bit more reserved, just kind of chill, talk to the people around me, not work the room as much because maybe my phone in their faces was too much. Guys that didn't work either, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was them. Oh crazy pretty good acting?
Speaker 2: Yeah it feels good, my god, And I shouldn't say pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's good acting to pulled it over on everybody I know.
Speaker 3: And that's why it feels good. Like that's what I'm saying. It was a great It was a just overall amazing win for me.
Speaker 1: Ten out of ten. I give you a ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to give me a ten out of ten because I pulled it off.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what, You're number one this week? Oh wow, surprising.
Speaker 3: I thought we'd do it number one where Morgan went to the washer and dryer, you know what I mean, Like, wow, Oh.
Speaker 2: I went to the dentist. That's the number two. No, you're a number one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I should be a number one, number two, number three, number four, and number five. I don't think we did anything else good this week.
Speaker 2: It never typically falls on the week that you're here, and it just so happened to line up this way. This was not planned, Like it was planned in advance as far as we always do for best bits.
Speaker 1: But I had no idea that it was going to line up.
Speaker 3: I was on the schedule this week already. I mean, I should have talked to my agent. He should have got me some more money for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for talking about it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being here, and if you if there wasn't anything covered in this, you can go to the Sore Losers podcast. We did a recap on Wednesday. Ray gave his feelings and thoughts and his view from the outside as someone looking in clues that He was like, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that, you know, because we do a crime pod. And he was like, as a detective, I should have been better. So you can go listen to that.
Speaker 1: You do a crime pod within Sore Losers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than number ten crime pod in America, and you're heads or not in the rankings or we're about to be.
Speaker 1: We're about sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, So and you can watch your episodes of Prices, right, Paramount Plus is that where they're at? Yeah, okay, I'll have to go back and watch.
Speaker 1: I was trying.
Speaker 2: People were hitting up trying to watch it and they're like, win, did is it air? I was like, well, it already aired. Yeah, now it's up there forever and maybe CBS.
Speaker 1: Can you watch it on CBS?
Speaker 3: Oh I assume, I wo'd assume. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I've never checked, but Paramount you for sure, for sure, Paramount Okay, of course, I'm like googling it and that's the one thing that doesn't show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah for some reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, well go watch it, Lunchbox. Thanks for being here and all your newfound fame.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to know a little tidbit of course that I found out, Yeah, that I was going to be the thumbnail. But then I would have given it away.
Speaker 2: Oh on the recording or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have given it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So did you were You like, no, no, I didn't.
Speaker 3: They did that. I didn't know that until after hmm.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, well I want to be the thumbnail now.
Speaker 3: No, no, I let Marylynd have it. It's great, Marilyn's it. I like it. I'm happy for her because she's my girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she loves that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She did comment at one of the posts like, can you be my son?
Speaker 1: You guys basically are related in some way. I would believe it.
Speaker 3: And one guy, the guy that I jumped in his lap, he commented on something. He was like, oh my gosh, I finally get to say congratulations. Been waiting to say congrat So you did it. I was like, thanks for not letting me fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you out on him hard.
Speaker 2: I was rewatching that to pull like a screenshot from it and sat on him.
Speaker 3: So when you say you pull a screenshot, how do people pull screenshots from the TV? I've always wondered that, Well, TV, you take a picture. But if I wat, they like pull videos like you're watching something, then they boom, they have a highlight for it on.
Speaker 2: Well, they suld probably watch it on their laptop and you can screen shot, screen chair, screen everything on your lap. Oh ay, I will say I did try and grab a screen chair from my laptop via paramount I think is what it was, and uh, it didn't. It turned black, so they didn't like that. I think he actually was from CBS and that's why they didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I had to I mean I had to go into my Instagram and figure something out because all my like notifications that kept saying message hidden, message hidden. I'm like, why are my messages hidden? I don't understand why that happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll help you, but I figured it out. I think I'm proud of you. I didn't even call me.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I'm out Morgan in the morning.
Speaker 1: You didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you all right, We're gonna go answer some more listener questions and that's all for us lunch.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you. Good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and follow ed
Speaker 4: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.