Speaker 1: Bustin fans, Houston Texans fans, Thank you guys for joining us. If you were not already subscribed to the podcast. We went to the Houston Texas training camp.
Speaker 2: Taylor take it away, listen me and Tennessee Titans guy. Myself, I was hurt every single moment I was in that building. They had a clean operation there. They had a good, solid practice. We had Will Anderson, Nico Collins and Tank Dell on Nico Collins Tank Dell brought those two together on the same episode. A great time. They set us up right behind the fans. There was loud, obnoxious Mitch in the back, who's actually filming this right now told us that actually the audio came in pretty good and that fires us all up. We hope you enjoy this. If you're a Houston fan coming here for the first time, do us a favorite subscriber five stars right now, and then I'm gonna tell you also tightened up, have a great day, big hugs, tiny kisses. We hope he has enjoyed this episode. Roan, all right, here's the deal. Usually we're in a small studio where the music is not playing behind us, fans are not behind us, so I'm gonna need you to put that Mike is close to your mouth apostle when you're talking about it. But we have Will Anderson and on the podcast pause real quick around appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having starting starting as a freshman at Alabama, National champion.
Speaker 2: During the saban Era.
Speaker 1: Drafted third overall in last year's draft, Defensive Rookie of the Year for defensive players, the hammer, the terminator in college?
Speaker 3: What do we call you?
Speaker 1: What's your nickname? Now in the NFL they calling me the same thing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I don't know if you know anything about us. We both played for the Titans at one point in our lives.
Speaker 4: I think I seen you going back and forward with somebody was on my team.
Speaker 2: Maybe probably there was. Honestly, Bill O'Brien and I had a couple of runnings with each other. He's an old coach here. But there's always the talk of the Houston Oiler uniforms. I want to talk about your stance on who should be able to wear the Oilers uniforms.
Speaker 4: I think we should. I mean they started here in Houston. I mean we we should be wearing them.
Speaker 5: Man, we we we we the what do you think of this?
Speaker 1: What do you think about this? Because you guys played twice a year. Game one, the stakes are whoever wins earns the right to wear the retros in game two.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: Would you be against that?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't beast that at all.
Speaker 2: I would I would change one thing to that. And it's just like a trophy game in college. So the previous season, whoever won the last meeting, the first meeting to whoever won keeps the uniforms on. So it's just always every single game.
Speaker 1: So if you're if you're wearing the UNI, you can't wear it until you beat them.
Speaker 4: Basically, once you beat them, then you get Yes, you like that, let's propose that.
Speaker 1: To the NFL right now. Yeah, I know you got to say it up for Houston. But growing up, I heard you're a mad man. Your old man was hard on you in football. I heard you got pranked a lot by your family, like throw us back to the young and days and give us a story or two. I also heard your old man would pull you out of the game.
Speaker 4: But from the stands, I didn't have the typical game to where like there's some something was going on. You'd like keep my son in the game. It is like, why my son not playing? He'll be right here in the States said, get his ass out of their coach, he don't want to play right now? Sit is that come up? You could come up here next week. We could go home.
Speaker 5: That type of dad I have, Man, my dad was tough on me.
Speaker 4: He didn't play like all the winding and pouting and all that man he was.
Speaker 1: He was only hard on the Friday night lights.
Speaker 5: Dad.
Speaker 1: Of course a hole on the ball. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I stopped paying my dad once I got to college.
Speaker 4: But going all the way up into high school, I heard him every game, and once I got to college, I was like, yes, I can't hear his Boy, did you ever.
Speaker 1: Get pulled out of a game in high school because you said.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no A. By the time I tuned him out and I was doing my thing back then.
Speaker 2: You know he's balling out too. The coach is like, I don't know what his dad's talking about. Will out of the Yeah, Alabama, what made you want to go to Alabama?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I always tell people it was a gamble. I was like, I just want to see why they're so great, Like I want to see what they do and earlier to road. And I remember my first fourth quarter when we broke it up. I literally took a knee in the hut and I was like, damn, this is why they're so great.
Speaker 1: And I was really thinking over my whole life decision.
Speaker 4: But I really just wanted to go to to compete for real, for real, like just to go against the best and like really like make a name for myself.
Speaker 1: Any fights, any fight stories back in the college days, because you guys have a lot of dogs on your guys' team, I would assume it gets pretty heated in those in those saving practices, a.
Speaker 5: Lot of fights.
Speaker 4: Man. My last year there, I remember it was like a whole like Scout team. It was so crazy because the Scout team offense and defense, we used to fight all the time. And we was like, man, I know today they're not gonna try us. And it was just one day it was super hot outside and when the Oldlaman had pushed one of the dv's in the back and it was just an all out brow for like two periods straight and Coach Fable was cussing everybody off and saying.
Speaker 1: Get your ass's back to the salt line, and.
Speaker 4: I think he pushed somebody too, So I don't know, but that's just between us. Yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: It seems like every day I practice, you guys had something going on out here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How why are temper so high?
Speaker 4: And he's man, I think it's just the competition, the competitive nature now like everybody's competing at a high level.
Speaker 5: The energy to high is positive. I think it's just brotherly love. Man. I think that's what makes really great teams great.
Speaker 1: When you and CJ get drafted last year, you know, recently before that, Houston was like a dumpster fire. I mean, honestly though it was. Yeah, but a lot of expectation on you guys coming in. You got coach Ryans too. What do you feel like was the biggest shift last year with you guys coming in that first year?
Speaker 5: I think it was just the culture shift.
Speaker 4: Getting the guys, you know, they they were they played in a lot of close games. But I think getting the right type of people in here, the right type of culture, hardworking, all that type of stuff in here was like the best thing that could have happened to this place.
Speaker 5: Just the shift wise of mindset and mentality.
Speaker 1: Is there a play or a moment that you identify where you feel like you earn your respect to the fellas.
Speaker 4: I would say every snap, man, It's not just one particular player. I feel like every snap I'm continuing to giving it off of my teammates, trying to be a good leader, man, just trying to fly around. It's warm every play man, and just beat there for my team and show up.
Speaker 2: When do you talk about leadership? You obviously being at Alabama your top on top of the food chain. You're taking third overall, so you were in a big leadership role there going into your rookie year. How did you try to demonstrate more leadership capabilities at such a young age when you have these like ten year vets, three kids, a couple of mortgages, and they're like, man, what are you talking to me about leadership?
Speaker 4: It's so crazy, man, because I actually got voted as a captain my rookie year and it wasn't a soccer but it was just like I was nervous because I'm like, just like you said, like, I'm a young dog coming here with these team. You're they grown men, Like, look, I'm new to the league. Like, but I think the biggest thing for me. I just wanted to keep my head down and just work hard and show them like I'm not all talked. I'm not going to just try to like talk to you guys. I'm just gonna show you through my actions and then we can build up to it. So like this year, I try to be more vocal, just because, like I know why if I'm wrong, I know how a coach is supposed to go, and I know how to set the tone.
Speaker 1: Are you more of a vocal guy? We got to go to during our spring to where we went to Bama and that staff, like everybody in the building talked insanely high about you. Are you a big vocal guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I brun the defense up last week man to talk to him man, And I think that's what you have to have is some type of leadership and camaraderie with the team man, just to know that, like, we gotta keep this thing going.
Speaker 5: And what happened last year was last year. We got to focus on this year with I.
Speaker 2: Lost my train of thought. I have a fun go ahead.
Speaker 1: So I was I was our producer shout at the boy. Shirroom was telling me that your family, like you had a lot of pranks happen. You guys are a big pranks your family. Can you give a couple couple of pranks that are most most memorable.
Speaker 4: So one time, so my dad used to breathe pit bulls. So we used to have a whole bunch of pick bulls in the backyard screening. Two of them roam around and I was little at the time, and we had this giraft suit.
Speaker 5: I don't know why we had it.
Speaker 4: But my sisters dressed me up and I think we just been a playing around the house and you know all that they put me in the draft suit. All I know is all five of them, Like they picked me up, took me to the screen and door, opened the screen and door like this why and just let the dogs start like drowning at me and trying to bite me and like trying to like attack me or whatever like that.
Speaker 5: And I was screaming and crying.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, how old are you?
Speaker 2: I've ever heard four years old at the time, it's just five bitches, and you have either the sault thing was bad.
Speaker 1: Hey he kind of stops and just kind of staring flashing back. Man.
Speaker 5: I was like I was literally crying, like nobody.
Speaker 4: And then the biggest thing, Like my parents used to work during the day, so I just used to be at home with them by myself.
Speaker 5: And I mean I was crying.
Speaker 4: I think I ain't even gonna bearance myself like that, but I almost peed on myself.
Speaker 1: I No, that would be terrifying.
Speaker 4: Bro, the Worstern brothers, I'm telling you their Worstern brothers.
Speaker 2: How many pippoles were there?
Speaker 4: A lot, A lot, a lot. We had a backdrop. My mom made my dad. Another situation happened and we had to get rid of all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so you're not You're not the point of contact for all the fellas when they want a dog. You're not like, hey, I got you.
Speaker 4: We breed them, now we bring We just started. My dad just started breeding them again. So trying to get get the bins out there again.
Speaker 5: But it's cool.
Speaker 2: Hey, on defense, you guys got some studs out there. I was just looking at the guys, is it ou sheer? Yes, he came home from the Titans. Tell me about him because he looks like in.
Speaker 1: The archery right archer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, infectious personality once once he brought to the table.
Speaker 4: Here, man, he's he's incredible, the energy that he has, the way he can bring the defense up. Man. And I remember one situation in practice. I had jumped off sides and like, I've never had anybody like get on me before, like I correct myself and I had got mad at myself.
Speaker 5: He says, stop fucking pouting, and it kind of like you don't know who I am.
Speaker 4: And it was just that respect level because I'm like, okay, he challenged me. I like that shit, that's what we need. And ever since then, like the defense has just been on one. Like he gets everybody going, man. He fights around, he has fun, and he does it the right way.
Speaker 1: What uh, what traits do you enjoy the most? Like watching Coach Ryan's being his first said coaching job, being a defensive guy, like you, what have you liked the most about Coach Ryan?
Speaker 5: I just love that he's a players coach.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: He actually coaches, and he actually loves players, man, And he actually gets the time to know his players and actually coach them and get them.
Speaker 5: To know ball and just more than ball, Like.
Speaker 1: Can you can you talk about can you talk about like an example of what that means, like players coach because obviously we throw it around a lot. But I feel like we know in our minds, like when somebody walks in a room and then they feel like you feel like they're connecting with you more one on one and teaching these games versus, hey, you have to do it this way, you have to do it that way. Is there like a certain example that you're able to speak to when talking about him being a player's coach?
Speaker 4: So, for instance, when I first got here, you know, mostly the coaches when you draft the rookie, they could have just been like, man, just go out there and do what you normally do, like whatever you're going in Alabama. And I came up to him one day and I was like, coach, like, how can I get better on this and that? And he stopped me. He said, will I just want you to get better at one thing. I just I don't want you to do no other move the rest of camp. He said, I just want you to work along form a work a ball. That's it. That's the only move I want you to work. And I want you to just keep perfecting that move every day. And he got them to show clips for me, He got them to make a real for me and everything and every day he was just on me about that and for him to like just say, I want you to work on this one thing, and he showed me clips and then follow up with it with me and just showed my progress and my prog.
Speaker 5: That's what made me even respect him even more.
Speaker 1: I love that, Yeah, I love that about working on one thing every day.
Speaker 2: Talk about going against a guy like lambry Tunssel every man.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I think benma kind of burying me, like being there, like they have great guys, you know what I'm saying. But then you get here, you go against an elite guy, like a really elite guy, and he gets me better for sure. Like going against him, it's hard to beat him because he's so technically sound.
Speaker 2: Man, his feet are beautiful feet.
Speaker 4: I mean I watched it and I'll just watch how he does everything and it's still liked.
Speaker 5: I can't beat him, but he's great.
Speaker 1: Man there he is stout, casual. Yeah he's massive too.
Speaker 2: Like energy is so casual, but his feet are like typewriters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he stays.
Speaker 4: Square for so long. He's that what makes him really great. He can stay square in his stamps. He has to open up the gate in our division.
Speaker 2: Who have you had the most difficulty with Colts Jaggs because Titans. I hate saying this. He kind of went on you kind of a crazy.
Speaker 1: And would say the coat is number seventy two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just guess he's like I was.
Speaker 4: A rookie though, but he's just very strong handed, wants to like just grab your hold onto you.
Speaker 1: The other side was a good side. But other than that, that's the only Parson. It's seventy two the one you're most looking forward to seeing this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to going on against the teams. I think this second year just been a confident boost and just going back and watch the film and being so embarrassed, like what were you even thinking? Like what were you even doing? Yeah, coming out here trying to get better at those things.
Speaker 1: On the go ahead, I was gonna say, on the flip side of Coach Ryan, you mentioned the things you love about him. What is what is what is a pet peeve of his? Yeah? Pet peeves that you have that he doesn't like, that you don't like, not that you don't like, but it's like a pet peeve of him. That kind of shows the human side of it, because not everybody you know, you don't just love everybody all the time.
Speaker 5: Honestly, man, I don't really have one. Man he's great, and I've had some coaches.
Speaker 4: W I did have Pet Peeve, But like man, he's I'm I'm I respectful so much because we have the same personality. We have the same mindset and mentality, so it's easy for me to play for him and understand him.
Speaker 1: So how about Pet Peeve of a coach saving ah, let's see. I mean it prepared us for it, but we will literally do.
Speaker 4: Like team run versus scouts, and then we do team run versus ones back to back like we're going right back. And I was just like, bro, why couldn't we just do team run versus the one and get it out the way?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Right question?
Speaker 2: You're all tired now, bro? Oh, I know we gotta get you here. We're gona do twisted question real quick. The twisted question, sirman, Yeah, twist question.
Speaker 4: You can eat me.
Speaker 2: Salary for a year. So the question is, you can eat meat for a year, but it's gotta you have a fish and hunt for it, or you can eat me in a He's like salary for a year.
Speaker 5: Y'all don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm a fishing. Oh we read up on you fishing and say, yeah, damn it, shermy, sorry about that question. Let's yeah, he's an outdoor he's saying. He's saying he's gonna he's gonna eat what he kills, what he catches. Can you hunt?
Speaker 2: Oh no, See that's a whole different thing. You're going up was Presbyterian? The rest of your life?
Speaker 1: Why you're scared of? Honey man?
Speaker 5: What are we hunted?
Speaker 1: First? Let's just say, deers, what are you? What are you scared of?
Speaker 5: What are we in Africa?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But y'all do y'all on South? Love that ship, guys, guys ever taking up shore? You guys your team that would go hunting? Boys with knives, only dog to get out there. Hey, that ship looks crazy, right.
Speaker 5: I take my chances on the lake man. What would you do?
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm killing. I'm a hunter. I'm a hunter. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Once a year?
Speaker 1: And just to tell you that one hundred year could feed me for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Just f y, I I just know I know what I am. I will die. I will literally die. I'm a domesticated Cat, I would, and it's just it's about living. Give it to that next year.
Speaker 1: Hey, will Bro, we appreciate you for coming on. Man, we know we guys get you out of here. We appreciate you, but good luck, stay healthy.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you all for having me man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, and.
Speaker 2: Go Titans, ladies and gentlemen. We are back at our training camp tour right now. It is loud gentlemen, uh, Nathaniel Jasper Dell and Nico Collins.
Speaker 1: The government don't by the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got the boys with us just to finish the practice. If you're listening and you're frustrated because it's loud as as fun outside, it's because the fans are going hard for Houston right now. These kids are running up. What is it like having fans here?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 3: Yes, love it man, It's amazing. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: It's the reason why we're here, man, the energy they bring, you know, they're the reason why we come out here every day and just have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They bring the injury to the season. So like I feel like for us, man's really going out there having fun for them.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: Where would you guys rank? Where would you guys rank your receiving core in the league. Right now, I'm coming in.
Speaker 6: I'm coming in so me personally, I mean, we got to go out there and put out the put in the work and show everybody else. But you know, I feel like our confidence in the receiving room. I feel like we're gonna say first, you're gonna say we talk top to or not too.
Speaker 1: But what other teams out there do you kind of have you do? You do you keep your eye on or you think would be in that list.
Speaker 6: With y'all, Man, it's some great receivers you got. I feel like you got Chicago, Chicago one of them. They got a great receiver room. I still feel like Tennessee you got cap Red Hopkins, you got a Sneaky It's some great It's some great receivers all over. So man, it's a lot. You got Vikings doing that. Yeah, you got JJ.
Speaker 3: I feel like with us, man, we're just all different. We're different.
Speaker 6: I feel like everybody game here is different. You know you got it's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we gotta don't be scared your list no pause, no ho. Hey, but let I'll tell you before man, congratulate your contracted sessions. Always master when you get that next contract extension.
Speaker 2: And bro for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have such a crazy story starting out at Alabama A and M. I was reading up a little bit of your high school, like trying to get your first offer, they pull it. You go to community college, then you go to Houston with Coach Carrier, and I think that is an awesome story. Can you talk about can you try to put that your story in a nuts yell and talk about like what Coach Carrier meant to you when he bet on you going to Houston when everybody else was saying he is not the right build at all to kind of get on a wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, Coach Carreery, I love him. I still talk to him to this day. Man, he did everything for me. I feel like without him, I wouldn't be one man today for sure.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because he.
Speaker 6: Told me like, once I got to Houston, I wasn't I wasn't gonna want to leave, and now that I'm here, I don't want to leave. But man, I say, like back in Juco, you know I didn't have Back in Juco, I didn't have like no offers. I had three offers. Central Michigan Accorate in Houston, and he came. He actually flew all the way to Kansas for me and sat in there. We met for like an hour thirty two hours, and he was just he just looked me in my eyes like he can saw that I was hunger, He saw the dog and men like After that, they gave me the offer I earned offering.
Speaker 3: It was, it was wrapped up.
Speaker 2: There was there ever a point in that process where you were thinking of yourself, maybe football is not for me, Maybe these people are right.
Speaker 3: Nah nah.
Speaker 6: I felt like either way, however it went, I was gonna get here regardless. I was gonna just keep my head down, keep working. I was gonna find a way for sure. So so I never felt like that.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like you learned from from take coming in when he gets drafted, or when he gets drafted, comes in the league being an undersized cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's really it's really about the dog in him, the heart.
Speaker 6: You know. It's not about the size. You know, it's not about you know what you bring to the table, man, It's really about your heart, your mindset.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: And since day when he came in, he came in on the mission, and it showed every day Man, the off season, during the season practice. Man, like the boy hunger you know what I'm saying, Like he want the rock, you want to shine. Man, it felt like the ground had been putting in ever since he got here. In the off season and season it's showing. You know, it's the reason why he's special, you know. So I feel like Man for us and like his wide out this whole offense. Man, we're gonna be dangerous.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Once you start clicking, getting in the rhythm, getting our swat bat man, it's gonna be in trouble, Lena, be in trouble for sure.
Speaker 2: You talk about swag dude. And obviously the Tennessee Titans have probably the best alternative uniforms of the NFL. I feel like hours hours five your thinkers are better than the Oiler ones.
Speaker 1: Would you rather? Who do you lie? That's the baby?
Speaker 2: Was just basically just trying to copy the oilers? Crazy? They will? Who do you think should be able to wear the O. G. Houston Oiler uniforms.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 2: About copy right laws. You guys know about owner Bud Adams?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you feel about this?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Like trophy games College, like Paul Bundy and trophy. Whoever wins that game, they bring the trophy to the next game. Whoever wins takes it. So he Houston plays Tennessee twice a year that whoever win the last game gets to wear the oiler uniforms, and every time y'all playing, it's oilers.
Speaker 3: I like that decision.
Speaker 5: The best one, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's changed that rule in the league because we wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be able to wear when we played him.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you cannot wear those uniforms. But I'm saying the O. G. Houston Oiler, like if y'all beat the Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the proposal is it's up for grabs by y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, essentially the trophy game. Okay, you know that y'all be able to wear it.
Speaker 1: I like that, Like I you have a fun recruiting store with Coach charboll is true that he his fries.
Speaker 3: He ate your fries, man, my fries. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: But I came in man from lunch, right, So he came in him and Coach Pell.
Speaker 3: So it was in the fieldhouse.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You know, he sat down, you know, eat my lunch. You know, he s sign he said, what's up? Jim Harbor. I'm not how you're doing colors fool, the kind of good grab the fry right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, ahead, you know, I just have it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: But in that night, Man, he came over to the crib. You know, he stayed over and yeah, he slept over. It was crazy cause I want to spect him.
Speaker 1: Want camp for outside of Man, I'm talking.
Speaker 3: He came in. He was in Liverool. He was a living room on the floor, so he came on the floor. Yeah, so he came in. He came in the city.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: So he was there the whole entire day, him and Pelped Hamilton and we was there just killing him.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: He said he was gonna stay the night. I really didn't believe it until he really didn't leave. It's like nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was real, you know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so he was.
Speaker 3: One and I'm like, yeah, Harball, he's locked in with me.
Speaker 6: Man. I feel like ever since then, he stood out to me in my whole recruiting process. So I feel like, Man, Harbor always been that guy for me.
Speaker 2: When you in Michigan, did everybody have similar stories? He was the craziest thing, craziest recruiting shore. You heard about Jim Harbor crazy.
Speaker 5: Recruiting.
Speaker 6: I think the recruiting one, just staying at the recruit house. But one day after camp, he he jumped in the swimming pool like the clothes Khaki's collar shirt cleaks.
Speaker 3: You know, he went over to the real real talk.
Speaker 6: He went over to the swimming the dive thing and to him come over there, and he jumped off the highest thing like cannon ball, grabbing one leg full of Khaki's belt, had on glasses, all that like different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it great.
Speaker 1: We had a chance to go out to Oregon and interview some cast. Teds Johnson was one of them. Are you familiar with Tesz? Yeah? So Tz claims that you are the swaggiest drill drilled for sure. Who you think is competing with you?
Speaker 6: You know what I do, I'm like Dion, like all out before the game. I feel good playing, I have to get I have to picture.
Speaker 3: Myself in there, like put the sleeve by the arm.
Speaker 1: Everything was talking about like if they'd be like if they're like gold on the on the on the on the green cleats he wear like a gold mouth.
Speaker 3: Small What's what's more.
Speaker 2: Important to you? The pre game fit or the game fit game.
Speaker 6: I say the game fit. I don't care about the pre game. I come in there with some black and force one, some shorts in the jacket. I don't care about it, like dressing up before the games. Yeah, you don't care about.
Speaker 1: Is there another receiver around the league that you you peep his game? You peep his fit every week?
Speaker 6: Nico Nico be swagging with the tooth sleeve gigs, be swagging.
Speaker 3: I sweat too much. I get hot, come that come hard.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 2: You're changing the game of fashion in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ain't chasing, you said changing.
Speaker 1: So what should we hit a segment with him?
Speaker 2: I want to talk. I want to talk about the off season. Man, that the shooting that took place. You had a had a fib all that stuff, Like how how was that turbulent process for you? Like what was that night like, say that night like when you when you got shot at when.
Speaker 3: I got shot?
Speaker 1: How was it like a little yeah, a little bit. I can't hear them. You said, how was it that the shooting happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how was it?
Speaker 2: No, like just like the how like how it all went down the process of coming back from that.
Speaker 6: It went down just at a pool party. You know, a fight broke out, people did what they do. You know in Florida, you know, it's no gun laws, so everybody just carrying guns now, and a fight broke out. Somebody pulled out a gun, shots went off. I ran, I got hit. I didn't even realize I was hit until like when I was running, I jumped the fence and when I came down, I felt like a sharp pain go through my leg. I was like, oh ship, That's when I figured I got hit. But I mean after, you know, after I got out of the hospital. Like once when I was in the hospital, when they told me, they was like it was a throw and through and told me that I'd be good and I could play football again, and like it wasn't It'd be like a week or two for a cli, a week to three weeks for recovery.
Speaker 3: Man, I feel fine. I was like that's all I needed to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like the next day I was jogging, like I went down to like the basketball courts where I was staying at. I was like jogging on the basketball court. Get in my mind right, I'm like I gotta get back fast as possible. So that was my whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's my whole made you guys playing many men. When he came back in the wide.
Speaker 3: Receive my Dog.
Speaker 2: We got a segment on bushing the boys called tear talk, and the whole idea is to rank your top three of these things. Our tear talk segment today is going to be a white guy saying the things you hear white dudes.
Speaker 1: Take a minute, white boy.
Speaker 7: Saying, Okay, let's let's talk to you. Let's talk, he said, let's talk to each other.
Speaker 1: He got your three. I got to.
Speaker 5: What up that boy?
Speaker 1: Nah? I think my here, I'll start it off as being a Caucasian myself. I think, what's up bros? And State Bro.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, man, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: But I think number one, my tier one is the Man, the.
Speaker 1: Myth, the legend. There is the man, the myth, the legend, like all white dude said, especially when you get a little older, you become a dad. I think the whole the Man the legends starts to enter your bucking.
Speaker 3: Man, the mill, the legend. Yeah, I need I need you being over here with me. Yeah, goes man, he got all. I have no slogans uh see, let me see.
Speaker 2: Hey dude, dude, what's up?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: Is probably my Tier three?
Speaker 3: Yeah see ie, coach be like, no, no way, He's like you guss up in film. Noo what the free?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What the what the free?
Speaker 2: Just your casual Nice to meet you, always a firm nice to meet you. That't know what the freak?
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 2: Guys. Need to diversify yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, we got a lot.
Speaker 3: We got a lot at the same.
Speaker 6: I got around somebody for so long they started to pick up on a slaying and leg and something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The white boys in our room, they talk like us. Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: You know, football is a different world because you know.
Speaker 1: In the locker room that everybody's making fun of each other. Like you really get get a real white voice. Oh what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 5: Do today? That's brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got anything else with the boys?
Speaker 1: I don't, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we appreciate especially during the dog days, this humidity, the rain, all that. I hope for the best for you guys. Have a great career, have a great for two games.
Speaker 1: Got you guys have a pet peeve of coach.
Speaker 3: Ryan because Ryan Ryan's yeah, the biggest pet pee.
Speaker 1: Because obviously everybody loves he's always got all the best things said about him, the.
Speaker 5: Biggest pet pee.
Speaker 6: Everybody looks the biggest pet peep will coach me and he gonna laugh. Is he always wanted the defense to win, to win, no matter what. That's the pet pee and he'd be like, a.
Speaker 5: Great days, great day.
Speaker 1: The brittle it's gotta be better won the rep.
Speaker 6: No, that's what that what you expect from a defensive coach, a defensive player who played in the league.
Speaker 1: But the pet peeple with the offensive side is when the defensive successful, the offenser is like, oh, you know what's on the script?
Speaker 3: Real script watching script that's true.
Speaker 1: No, that's yes, not script watching.
Speaker 6: Yes, the whole Like we had all the run players the night before on the players we're gonna run tomorrow next day, so they know, you feel like.
Speaker 1: And that's a tip walk through the night before.
Speaker 2: That's and also when they do, they they they'll script everything. But like when we when it's all scripted, defense does really well. As soon as the scrimmage takes place, all of a sudden, the office as going all crazy, you know, going crazy, because then hey, we're just going to call it today's.
Speaker 6: Off script off script, just call it yes, it's done, it's done great, don't go big red and make sure you're subscribed to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you for Joe