Speaker 1: What we call anger is the memory of trauma. Hostility is the desire to get even guilt and shame is blaming yourself. And the depletion of energy that happens with those emotions is actually what we call depression.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the one you feed Throughout time, great thinkers have recognized the importance of the thoughts we have. Quotes like garbage in, garbage out, or you are what you think ring true. And yet for many of us, our thoughts don't strengthen or empower us. We tend toward negativity, self pity, jealousy, or fear. We see what we don't have instead of what we do. We think things that hold us back and dampen our spirit. But it's not just about thinking. Our actions matter. It takes conscious, consistent and creative effort to make a life worth living. This podcast is about how other people keep them themselves moving in the right direction, how they feed their good wealth. Thanks for joining us. Our guest on this episode is returning for the second time on the podcast. It's Deepak Chopra. He is the founder of the Chopra Foundation, a nonprofit entity for research on well being and humanitarianism, and Chopra Global, a modern day health company at the intersection of science and spirituality. Doctor Chopra is Board certified in internal medicine, endocrinology, and metabolism. He's a Fellow at the American College of Physicians and a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. He serves as Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego. He's also the host of the podcast Daily Breath and the author of over nine books, including the one discussed here, Digital Dharma, How Ai Can Elevate Spiritual Intelligence and Personal well Being.
Speaker 3: Hi Deepak, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me again.
Speaker 3: Eddie, Yes, pleasure to have you back on. We're going to be discussing a couple of different things here. We're going to be discussing a new book you wrote called Digital Dharma, How Ai Can Elevate Spiritual Intelligence and Personal well Being. We're also going to talk about a new initiative you have called the Never Alone Initiative. But before we get into all that, we'll start like we always do, which is with the parable. In the parable, there's a grandparent who's talking with their grandchild and they say in life, there are two wolves inside of us that are always at battle. One is a good wolf, which represents things like kindness and bravery and love, and the other is a bad wolf, which represents things like greed and hatred and fear. And the grandchild stops and they think about it for a second. They look up at their grandparent and they say, well, which one wins? And the grandparent says, the one you feed. So I'd like to start off by asking you what that parable means to you in your life and in the work that you do.
Speaker 1: My life is about two things, freedom from suffering and how can you live the best life possible? As in the phrase follow your bliss Joseph Campbell. So when I talk about digital hehrma herma in general, which is a difficult concept for most people. Herma is how do you fit into the order of the universe? Ultimately who you are beyond all the labels and definitions and stories about you, And ultimately who you are is a field of infinite potential. You are immeasurable, you're infinite, you are timeless, you're eternal, and only your story are in the realm of the finite. So how do you get to that place which is independent of the good and bad opinions of the world. How do you get to that place which is fearless? How do you get to the place where you feel beneath no one and not necessarily superior to anyone either. How do you get to that place of ultimate freedom to follow your bliss the best life possible.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful answer. And I'm going to dive in for a second on this word dharma just a little bit for a second, because dharma, as you said, is sort of our path or the path. Yes, and you're talking about this timeless awareness that is inside of us that is bigger than our personal stories. Would that be an accurate way of saying it.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: So given that is my dharma different than your dharma?
Speaker 1: Well, if you understand dharma also as life purpose, then therma exists at several levels, and you could all muscay. It's an extension of Abram Maslow's idea of the hierarchy of needs. So your therma is to be secure, safety and survival for yourself. Your therma is also to seek personal pleasure, whether you know personal pleasure through the five senses, because the essential beings your therma is also about changing adversity into opportunity. But those are very basic levels survival, safety, transformation, power, self esteem, those are very basic. Beyond that, your therma starts to move in a direction which is more spiritual love and belongingness, creative expression and insight, intuition and imagination, higher consciousness, and transcendence, which is inlightenment. So yes, along the way we choose different pots, but ultimately the peak of the mountain is total freedom and unleashing your infinite potential that is common to you and me. Along the way, you know, many pots leading to the peak of the mountain.
Speaker 3: That's a great way of summarizing. I really like that that we're all going to have our different paths up to the mountain, but at a certain level there is this timeless, infinite thing that is the same in me as it is in you. But on our way to that we are actually very different and our paths will reflect and should reflect that difference.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: So, before we get into your latest book, Digital Dharma, I want to spend a little bit of time and talk about something called the Never Alone initiative. Can you share with me what the never Alone it is?
Speaker 1: I'll share with you how it started. So it started during COVID or just when COVID came, and I and some of the people in our foundation, we learned that suicide was the second most common cause of death among teens. We also learned that every forty second, somebody in the world was dying from suicide. And even when they say second most common cause of death among scenes, the first common cause is accidents and drugs, which is also linked to depression. So depression, anxiety, anger, hostility, shame, humiliation seems to be actually the pandemic right now. The teens were saying that it's difficult to get through a day without crying. So we launched Never Alone as a community platform with four basic ideas Attention, deep listening, affection, deep caring, and love appreciation, noticing the uniqueness of everyone, and acceptance, accepting everyone just as they are because they're so unique. And then we actually used an emotional chat pot and AI chatpot to talk to the teens and we were able to intervene in six thousand suicide ideations, and there were twenty million conversations happening geneously. But over the years, what we've also realized is that there are superior AI platforms in dealing with depression proteins, and that probably was not our expertise. So what we have moved in the direction of Never Alone is a whole program called freedom from Suffering, where you're never alone. Because it's obvious that people are hyper connected and still lonely. So you know, now we're creating programs on never Alone for people to actually be educated on how they can lead a life which maximizes their potential but also connects them. You know, the spiritual relations of the East. They say, if you have maximum diversity, shared vision, emotional and spiritual bonding and complementing each other's strength, no problem is unsolvable. So Never Alone has become a platform not only for young people but people of all demographics to create online and offline communities just based on the forays that I mentioned attention, affection, appreciation, acceptance, but also to educate them on how service, community and some kind of reflection or spiritual inquiry or introspection practice can help elevate their lives and create freedom from suffering for them and for others. So community, spiritual discipline, and selfless service.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful idea. So along with the Never initiative, the healing practices that you talked about attention, appreciation, acceptance, and affection. You also talk about sort of four toxic beliefs that are leading many of our young people to these states of despair. No one cares about me, I don't matter. I'm weak and powerless, and I'm destined to be a victim. Talk to me about why those four beliefs felt like the key toxic beliefs you guys wanted to focus on.
Speaker 1: It's basically eric social conditioning and cultural conditioning and parental conditioning. And we keep recycling those ideas, you know, so generation after generation we recycle those ideas that ultimately lead to trauma. And every distress in any person can be traced to trauma, either in their childhood years or maybe even before that. You know, what we call intergenerational trauma. So what we call anger is the men of trauma. Hostility is the desire to get even guilt and shame is blaming yourself. And the depletion of energy that happens with those emotions is actually what we call depression. They're all related. Ultimately, everything can be traced back to trauma. You look at the putins of the world, or you look at you know, the tyrants of the world. They're the ultimate final expression of a traumatic experience that they had when they were children. So this is very important to understand that mainly emotionals listen even not talk about spiritual intelligence, but our emotional intelligence is shaped by our childhood experiences, and those who have been traumatized inflict trauma. Only hurt people, hurt other people. This is a deep understanding, which then tells us there's a more compassionate way to understand people who we think are toxic, and the first responsibilities get over our own toxic limiting beliefs.
Speaker 3: Another question I have related to this, and I'm curious what you think about this. We have, on one hand, seen an unprecedented amount over the last let's call it decade of discussion about mental health. The stigma has certainly lessened to a great degree, maybe not around all mental disorders, and maybe not around suicide specifically, but around anxiety depression. We talk about these things in a way we never did. The stigma isn't there in the way that it once was, and yet by most measures, things are getting worse in young people's mental health and So I'm just curious how you think about the role of lessening stigma and worsening mental health and is there a connection. Is there a way in which the way that we're talking about about these things isn't helpful. Are we talking about them too much? Are we missing the boat, or is this just sort of a lagging indicator so to.
Speaker 1: Speak when we talk about the stigma. I think the only way to remove the stigma is that there's no one that has not had at some point their life mental distress. Right if somebody says I've never had any mental distress, then you know they're either lying or they're in denial. The range though, of mental distress starts with mild anxiety, and then deeper degrees of sadness, and then the psychosis, schizophrenia, and ultimately even suicidal ideation. So it's a broad spectrum of people who feel sad basically broad spectrum. We all have to first of all, when we remove the sigma. We can say one way to handle the stigma is everyone has had something for the other within this range of what we call depression or sadness. That's how we handle the stigma. Why we are not so successful as we are trying old methodologies. Okay. We try psychotherapy, we try medication, and they work, but in a very limited way. And treating depression is not just above the neck, you know. We think we have to treat something here in the brain. Okay, Treating depression is a total body experience. It includes good sleep, It includes exercise, It includes healthy relationships, includes a good diet, it includes mindfulness practices. How do you breathe, how do you relate? So it's a total body mind experience. All at the same time, there's a lot of new research on our autonomic nervous system, which is the part of our nervous system which is below our conscious awareness, and yet it dominates us. Okay. So there are two parts of the autonomic NERVs system. One is in the survival mode, which is called the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the fight of light response, and right now the world is on sympathetic overdrive, means stress. There's another part of the nervous system called the parasympathetic nervous system, which is getting prominence now, is called the rest, rejuvenate, and digest system. It basically is the healing system of the body. There's one dominant nerve. There's called the vagus nerve. And now we are recognizing that the vagus nerve can be activated through eye exercises, through facial expressions, through tone of voice, through singing, through chanting, through deep breathing, through heart awareness, through introceptive awareness, which means, how do we practice awareness of what's happening inside the body? Through love after through social engagement, and activating the biggest nerve is probably the healthiest way to get rid of depression because it enhances us social interactions, but it also makes us feel healthier and joyful, and anything we can do to improve that will be helpful in tackling this pandemic rather than focusing just above the head.
Speaker 3: Later in the book, you're talking about wholeness in general, and you talk about that a real picture of depression is many causes, many cures. That's it type thing, right, And I've certainly had depression at different points throughout my adult life, and that's been my experience. Is lots of different things cause it. It's hard to tweeze apart what they are, but it's multi causal and it has taken a variety of really just sort of trying everything from lots of different approaches as what's turned out to be the most robust sort of ongoing support for it. That also not only by taking that approach lessens depression, but just increases overall well being in so many categories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's so many new disciplines now, like nutrition and psychiatry. You know, some people will respond to just changes in their diet, and there's no universal way of predicting which diet has work for you. But now with the advent of AI and the ability to measure biomarkers and even things like hartrid vasiability and other things you know, sleep patterns, activity levels, breathing patterns, looking at metabolic rate, and using AI to actually correlate biological parameters with moods, we can have very specific intervention now since you mentioned that. By the way, in addition to digital dharma, which I'm holding in my hand right now, I have a new project called digitaldepok dot AI. It's not an app. You can go on your browser anytime and you can ask me a question in either Arabic or English or Spanish, and you'll get my voice answering your question, and you won't know the difference between me and my voice, but research ninety five of my books, thirty five thousand questions that I've answered over four decades, and everything I've done on YouTube or social media and give you a very precise answer. Try it to yourself afterwards, Eric digitallypod dot ai and see if you have a question about men, health, well being held in general and spirituality and tested out to yourself. It is a companion to digital Dolma.
Speaker 3: This better not be digital dp pok I'm talking to right now. I expect real deepak for these interviews. Well, question, it's crazy what these things can do. I just I mean, I don't have ninety three books, but I have hundreds of hours of podcast interviews and me talking, and I fed them to a similar thing and ask this clone of me questions and it answers like me, but even more coherent. It's stunning, it's frightening and amazing. It's not publicly available like digital depok. I keep him walled off. I think we.
Speaker 1: Should have a digital Eric publicly available based on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, maybe the digital Eric needs to interview the digital dpok and we need to see what kind of craziness comes exactly So let's talk about AI. That's your latest book, Digital Dharma, How AI can elevate spiritual intelligence and personal wellbeing. You say early in the book that the reason that this idea of AI being able to help with well being and spiritual awareness is that few of us would link the two words consciousness and machine together. Why do you feel that AI is a tool that can help us become more spiritually aware, can help our spiritual development and our personal wellbeing.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people are very savvy and to what AI is, and because they're interested, but the general public in large does not understand what PEO call. Hey, the general public, And I would say, in one word, anybody who understands, yeah, will say it's not sentient, it's not even intelligent, it's not certainly not conscious. What it is is a large language model. And this is very important to understand because our entire experience of the human universe is based on language. About forty thousand years ago, the human species Homo sapiens took a different road than all other species, including other hormonyms or hominids as they're called. There were eight different kinds of humans up to say, forty thousand years ago, when historians deep historians tell us something happened called the cognitive revolution, and that is Homo sapiens. You and I our ancestors. They took a different road than even the other horminids. We created a language for telling stories. All the other species and biological organisms have language, but the language is only for three things. Mating calls, mitchell reproduction, food calls, and danger calls. That's how the species survives, mating, reproduction, food, and avoiding danger. Then this particular species, which is us, we created the language of telling stories. There's a phrase. To be human is to have a story. And the first stories were gossip. And the most common stories today are gossip that never went away. But then there was another story. It was called money, another story called latitude longitude colonialism empires. The entire human experience is built on stories, which then became other stories, which we call models. The models of physics, the models of fat mathematics, the model of biology, the models of philosophy, the model of science, the model of technology. There's no human being who has access to all these stories. AI gives us access to the greatest minds of humanity. From the beginning of the hunter gatherer age, through the Greek Enlightenment, in the European Enlightenment, and the Eastern stages of the Upnishads. So there's no human being who can have access to this kind of knowledge base, and this gives us a direction for wisdom. So there's data, there's information, there's knowledge, and there's wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge that can uplift us, that can improve our lives, that can even ultimately create a more peaceful, just sustainable, healthier and joyful world. And AI is a tool. It's giving us all these roadmaps, but we have to remember that the map is not the territory, just in the same way as the menu is not the meal. You have to eat the meal, you can't eat the menu, and you have to throw travel these different paths that AI is pointing too. So AI is a tool for everything that you can possibly do to improve your well being and spiritual INTELI is there's a dark side to it, because that's a dark side is there with any technology, even the invention of fire, and then automobiles and then jet planes and the internet. You know, the divine and diabolical is the human story they go together. You started this conversation with that, you know, you can live a good life or you can live a bad life. They go together. You can't have one, just like you can't have up without down, hot without coal, you know, plus without minus, et cetera. All experiences. By contrast, it's your choice, which path do you want to travel? And you know, so far, the spiritual path has been the path less traveled. When we think of spiritual people, we think of luminaries, Jesus, Christ, Buddha, you know, Socrates, the stages of the nitials or of the Bible. But now that path is available to all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's one of the things that people often miss about AI is the It is, in a very real sense us us right. I mean, it is the collective human knowledge, both in its great degree of profoundness and uh, you know nonsense. You know, AI has been trained on all of that.
Speaker 1: I think you'd pointed something very important. It's only been called it artificial intelligence, as stands for augmented human intelligence.
Speaker 3: And so what you've made an attempt to do is to use AI for good, which I think is wonderful. I've been actually, you and I are involved in another project. You don't know this, but Rebind dot Ai, of course I did a book for them on the dowdy ching.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's wonderful. Yeah, yes, Rebind I did a book on Buddhist thought, so yeah, it goes together with your yeah, cudging.
Speaker 3: You know what I loved about that project is that it was a chance to use this technology, like you said, for good. I'm a pretty big believer that the horse doesn't go back in the barn once it's out right, and so then the question is what can I do with a horse that's good and trying to figure that out. I think that most of us are just experimenting right now, trying to figure out like what is good, what is helpful, what works.
Speaker 1: I believe that technology is part of the evolution of the human species, and once the technology comes, it can't go back. Just like a child that's born. You can't return to the womb. It's there. You can't unlearn language once you've learned it. You can't unlearn how to walk once you learned how to walk. So the same thing was true for technology. Either you adapt and use it to the best, or you become irrelevant. That's a Diamondian principle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one of the things that we do know about AI, and I think maybe people make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is, and yet it's real. It happens, is this tendency of AI to sort of hallucinate things. When you were working on Digital Dharma, you know, to what extent did you find AI things that turned out not to be useful? Obviously in the book you've put in the prompts and the things that worked and that were useful were you as you were going through that also discarding things where you were like, wait a minute, that's you know, that isn't quite right or that isn't useful.
Speaker 1: Large language models that are out there, whether it's chatchpt or it's whatever the other one is being, et cetera, and I use all of them. When you pose a question that has never been asked before, or a question that's not familiar even though it's coached and language that is not familiar, then the AI makes up the answer. And that's what hallucination is. And you know, there are many times that happens. It's not that common, by the way, but it's something that will improve over time. But that's why I created my digital Twin. I would not access any other material right now other than the material that I have created over four or five decades. There's no possibility of hallucination if you go to say digitallypakt ai. That is what differentiates our AI from other AIS right now. So, yes, hallucination is a problem, but it's being understood and it will ultimately be solved. But if you restrict the search engines to just a particular domain, then hallucination is unlikely. And as we speak now, there are things being developed called small language models instead of large language models. So you have AI just for say genetics, AI just for neuroscience, just for mathematics, where the chance of illucination will be much less.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's where a lot of really interesting things yet to come are is exactly in that area where we say, instead of you being trained on everything that it can suck up, we're going to train you on like you did, I'm going to train you on my books, which means if you're going to say something, it is going to be something I have already said, because I've sort of hemmed you in here to a certain degree. Yeah, So you talk about that the guru role can be renovated for our times, using AI say more about that.
Speaker 1: Traditionally in India, the guru was a spiritual guide and also embodied the wisdom that the guru imparted. Today the whole realm of gurus has become more cultish. It's more about the guru than about the wisdom. And sometimes the guru and the wizdom important. You know, I can recycle ancient wisdom, there's no problem with that. I can speak the language am I embodying it is the traditional guru. So what AI does now, because it has access to all the wisdom, it gets the cultish, you know, guru worship out of the way, which I think is more German for our times, you know. And I've always felt that even when I took it that. You know, people who practice say religion like Christianity or Buddhism, you know, and they think of Jesus as the Messiah, which is very appropriate to their religion. But if I was a follower of Jesus and Jesus was pointing to the moon, I would look at the moon instead of worshiping the finger. Okay, so this is what happens with us. We like the experience and the wisdom that is being important to us, and then we make the person who's the messenger the divine entity, which that messenger may or may not be a divine entity. That's fine. But if Jesus had an experience, I want to learn how to have that experience, Okay, rather than just you know, believing his experience. Buddha had an experience, I want to know what that experience is. How can I get that experience rather than being a worshiper or Buddha. Now that's your choice. You can do that too. You can worship the messenger, but can you actually get the message and can you embody it in your own life? And I think, heyah, it helps us do that. Hi.
Speaker 3: Everyone. One of the things that I know many of you struggle with is anxiety, and very recently I shared some tips on managing anxiety in our newsletter. Specifically, I shared a practice on clarifying your values. In the practice, you write down one or two of your core values and then identify one action step that aligns with them. I find that taking one positive action towards things that matter to me really helps reduce anxiety. Also, I have a reflection question, what positive experiences have you had today that you could focus on instead of your anxiety. Every Wednesday, I send out a newsletter called a Weekly Bye to Wisdom for a wiser, happier You, And in it I give tips and reflections like you just got and it's an opportunity for you to pause, reflect, and practice. It's a way to stay focused on what's important and meaningful to you. Each month we focus on a theme. This month's theme is anxiety, and next month we'll be focusing on acceptance. To sign up for these bits of weekly wisdom, go to Goodwolf dot org me slash newsletter. In essence, what you're saying is that AI allows us, in this case, to separate the message from the messenger. Would that be a way of saying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. It does, and not only to separate the message, to embody the message if it resonates with us. Now, in spiritual traditions, the message is actually very simple. It's wisdom, courage and embodying that and compassion. Wisdom, courage, compassion embodying that. And you know, if you look at the spiritual experience these days, that it's very fashionable for people to say I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual. It's kind of sounds cool, But it's the religious experience and the spiritual experience are identical. It's finding an identity, which is transcend space and time, your true identity outside of space and time, timeless, eternal soul or whatever. Number one. Number two spontaneous ethical morality, truth, goodness, beauty, harmony, love, compassion, joy, equanimity. That's the second, and third is loss of the fear of death. This is common to all the religions. So, okay, the experience. Now people forget that that's the experience. They just like the message, so they love the messenger, which is appropriate too, you know, because the message sounds amazing. But how can I have that same experience? How can I find my true self? How can I have spontaneous ethical behavior, not imposed I don't have to follow the ten commandments, but spontaneous ethical behavior. And thirdly, how can I lose the fear of death? Because that's another part of the whole journey, spiritual journey, something called the dark Knight of the soul. So you know, you and I are anyone out there is ultimately going to get old, considered old already because I'm seventy eight chronologically not biologically old. You have infirmity, and then there's death that will never go away. No matter how healthy you are, no matter how much money you have, no matter what kind of relationships you have, you will get old, you will get infirmity, and you will die. That's where spirituality comes in.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take as a slightly different direction for a second, but this is a question that's been on my mind lately as somebody who is chronologically also getting older. Everybody's yes, I guess that's true all of us. I think there are different points in our lives where it becomes a little bit more kind of in your face, so to speak. And I was the sort of person that thought that I didn't have much fear of death. Something has happened in the last couple years where the fact that I'm going to get old, I am getting old, am going to die has become more salient. Do you feel like sometimes that the only way to truly get through that fee is to actually encounter it for real?
Speaker 1: Yes? And somehow I was lucky enough to have that important to me in my childhood. You know, my mother would say that since everybody is headed in the direction of dusty death, to be in denial of it is actually to create more fear, but to be aware that death is stalking you every moment of your life. You look behind and the Prince of death is behind you. Then you look behind again and he's closer. You know. There was some French filoss when he said, I forget the name right now. He said, we're all on death throw. The only uncertainty is the method of execution and the length of reprief So I'm very conscious of the Prince of Death behind me and getting closer. That makes every moment absolutely very precious, because when I die, particular storyline will die, but not the consciousness that weaves infinite stories for itself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's the sort of thing that I've thought a lot about, and if maybe it's just looking over my shoulder and saying like he's gaining grounds caused me to be a little bit less nonchalant about it than I was before. But I have also been sort of framing it in the sense of like, Okay, well, now is a new chance to reckon with it yet again, right, because it's going to keep.
Speaker 1: Coming, and it's to ask yourself, who am I? You know? Am I that wirtlised egg, or am I that baby or toddler or teenager, young adult, mature dot all the way to dusty dead. In fact, if you identified with any one of those stories, then you are actually denying something much more profound. Who you are is not your current storyline. In fact, we worry about children that don't develop right. If your child didn't develop into teenage years, you would worry. If you were stuck at teenage years, you would worry. Also, So evolution is part of our journey, and change is part of our experience. And actually change and flow is what consciousness does. And we want to get stuck at a particular stage of development, which would be very wontersome. We would all be frozen mummies in a universe that would be a museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about something else you talk about in the new book, where you talk about two companions. I am it explain that for us.
Speaker 1: That analogy is taken from an ancient aphorism in the Vedantic tradition, where you have the metaphor of two birds and they're identical. The birds are identical. One bird is enjoying the fruits of pleasure and pain. So you see one bird pecking it fruit and basically going through life pleasure of pain. Both you can't have one with it and the other is watching silently, not participating, and there so we have these roles. One is we are totally immersed in the role, and that's our ego, identity or personality or whatever we think our self images created by social constructs. But there's a deeper awareness that is the background against which this change occurs. Right now, people may be listening to us or watching us on the screen, okay, but what is really here that is not changing. This program is changing, our conversation is changing. After you finish with me, you'll have another program. There could be infinite number of programs on this screen. These days, it's easier to understand that you know you have Netflix, and you have Amazon, you have this, that you can have an infinite number of programs that are all changing. But this screen is a constant. So it is the constant non change in the midst of the changing scenery. You are not the scenery. You are the seer in which the scenery appears. That's a profound spiritual insight that the more you identified with the scenery, you'd be overwhelmed by it, which is the common condition in the world right now. But if you actually identified with the seer, which is the non changing factor in the midst of the changing scenery, you would have peace, equanimity. You would recognize that it's your destiny to play an infinity of roles, but you're not the roles you play.
Speaker 3: And so the eye is the bird that's pecking at the pleasure and pain, and then it is the bird that's watching. What that phrase, It is a strange phrase to try and identify with.
Speaker 1: I know, but it is that non local being or spirit that you are are you know John Wheeler, one of the greatest modern scientists, He said, we are the bit of the it. The it is not changing, and we are the bits of the it that constantly change and transform.
Speaker 3: So we are nearly out of time. But I wanted to give you a second to just tell us briefly about something called the Sages and Scientists Symposium that you have coming up.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking that question. So September thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth, at Sanders Theater, which houses one thousand people, we are bringing together for three days thought leaders in the field of wellbeing, in the field of humanity, arianism, and in the field of astrobiology. So it's about the future of wellbeing, the future of humanity, and the future of the cosmos. You may or may not know the current astrobiology, which is a new discipline. There are departments of astrobiology many universities, Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge, Arizona that are now positing that there are sixty billion habitable planets in the Milky Way galaxy in the same way as you and I are advanced civilizations and there are two trillion galaxies. So this is actually current science. You can look it up, go to AI and whatever CHARGEBD and look it up. So this is a very surprising thing right now that you know we are part of our past tapestry of life that seeds the entire universe. That's the finale of the conference, but it starts with the future of well being, genetics, epigenetics, crisper, gene editing, messenger, RNA, all of that. Then it goes into you know, how can we create peace and social and economic justice, How can we tackle climate change? How can we create health and well being? That's the future of humanity and finding the future of the was so we invite anyone who wants to attend Sages and Scientists dot org.
Speaker 3: If I were not going to be in Europe at that time, I would I would be seeing you there. But it sounds like a wonderful conference. We'll have links in the show notes and if you just search Sages and Scientists and Deepak, I'm sure you'll find it. Deepak, thank you so much for coming on. It's a pleasure to see you again, job to talk to you. Thanks, And in about eight minutes from now, when you release your next book, we will maybe do it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's coming the next book.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure it.
Speaker 1: Is tricks unmailing the matrix.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, take care of Deepak. Thank you bite.
Speaker 2: If what you just heard was helpful to you, please consider making a monthly donation to support the One You Feed podcast. When you join our membership community with this monthly pledge, you get lots of exclusive members only benefits. It's our way of saying thank you for your support.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We are so grateful for the members of our community. We wouldn't be able to do what we do without their support. And we don't take a single dollar for granted. To learn more, make a donation at any level, and become a member of the one You Feed community. Go to oneufeed dot net slash join. The One You Feed podcast would like to sincerely thank our sponsors for supporting the show.