Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stenevik and we're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent nour Melinda Noura. A lot of stocks making big moves in the after hours. What are you watching?
Speaker 3: Keeping eyes on Oracle Shares it's ticker o RCL, as well as Dell Technologies that's ticker d e LL. We saw a lot of activity today as it relates to the headlines that we saw coming through toward the end of the day. Both stocks were lower at the closing belt today on Thursday, but a little bit of activity in the after hours trade pointing a little bit higher. Oracle up about one point two percent, Dell up about two tens of a percent here in the after hours trade. This of course comes after the news that we've been hearing about TikTok. I mean, we had jd Vance saying that the US version of TikTok will be valued at four teen billion dollars. Here Trump saying that TikTok investors will include the likes of Dell and also Rupert Murdoch here, So I mean, of course that's going to bring some welcome support here as you're seeing this play out here in the after hours trade. We'll have to see how all this trickles out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you said that, because we did hear from the vice president Jad Evans who said the US operations of TikTok would be valued at around fourteen billion dollars, but also said stay tuned, we'll get more details on this. And you know Bloomberg has done some reporting too today about who's actually going to make up the investment consortium that what that would look like. But still the devil's in the details. We'll have to wait and see what that looks absolutely.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: Let's also take a look at Jabill. This is j b L. My pronunciation's correct there.
Speaker 3: You know, we all got to hope so here, but we did see shares down as much as six percent at the closing bell here, and this after vital knowledge. Of course, the analyst came out there's flagging AI, the AI segment margin miss here for the company. The manufacturer reporter results that of course, they said that the headline numbers remained strong, but they think that this is a net negative given the miss on intelligent infrastructure margins as well as the full year twenty twenty six guidance here, So a little bit of activity here, pressure on the shares at the closing bell today.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about Tesla. This one's been down all day.
Speaker 4: Tesla has been down all day.
Speaker 3: It is the worst performing stock in terms of all the Meg seven names that we saw play out today. And of course this comes after the fact that they had a twenty two percent decline in sales in Europe last month in August. And the funny part here is the fact that European consumers actually were buying electric vehicles last month. We did see a rise there, but it seems as though they're not a fan of Tesla at least according to the data that we saw last month.
Speaker 1: A rising car sales in the region, arising EV sales hybrids were a particularly bright spot. But a twenty two percent decline for Tesla not a.
Speaker 4: Good look here for the company.
Speaker 3: I mean, they've been dealing with a lot of struggles if you look at the year to date, though they're up about four.
Speaker 4: Point eight percent.
Speaker 1: And what did shares do today?
Speaker 3: Shares today, they did end at down four percent, four point four percent at the closing bell.
Speaker 1: Okay, Costco reporting earnings after the bell today, stock moving around in the after hours. What's going on with Costco.
Speaker 3: Well, we did see them shed just a little bit of shares down a little bit, about two tens of percent lower at the closing bell today and a little bit lower right now as we speak. But their erniees did beat expectations. They're really citing steady consumer demand. I mean, if you think about Costco, it's really a bulk place. If you think about Walmart, you know, you might get one or two items there, but you go to Costco and maybe Sam's Club when you want to see things in bulk.
Speaker 4: So they are seeing consumer demand.
Speaker 3: Despite the uncertain time period right now, especially if you think about finances right now for the average US consumer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you got to think about this in the context of not living in New York City where we don't have room to put stuff that you get at Costco. But growing up, I don't know if you went to Costco when you were growing up, but it was like a family affair and we would bring, you know, the coolers to keep everything cool.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, it was. It was an era for sure. And yeah, they've just been firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 4: I mean I used to always go to Sam's Club. I think you really did.
Speaker 3: Tends regionally about which one you have. Southwest Virginia. We were a Sam Club crew, but costco very very similar.
Speaker 2: Here the Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.