Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Norrie back with Kim Dennis on a Sunday night as we get your week underway. Kim, what does a ghost mean to you?
Speaker 3: Well, a ghost, I just I think it's a spirit or a soul. You know, if you are actually if you see them with your not in your sleep, like you can get visits of your loved ones when you're sleeping. I don't call them dreams or visits. But if you're like wide awake and you see them in your room or at the foot of your bed or anything like that, I guess you could call that a ghost. That's probably my best interpretation. What did they want you, like with your physical eyes?
Speaker 2: What do ghosts want from us?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I just think they just want to let us know that they're there with us. Well, I don't know two things. Like, I mean, if it's somebody that you know, if it's somebody they know, probably let just an obvious one that they want you to know that they're there with you. But sometimes you can see random ones as well too, And I don't really know why. And sometimes like I live in a house built in eighteen eighty eight, and I do see a little girl and sometimes a man who I believe lived here. And they always seemed a little surprised that I can see them, and I'm like, I'm surprised I can see you do but they seem quite surprised that I can see them. So sometimes so I don't. I don't really know for sure. So well, I think if it's somebody that we know, but ones that we don't, maybe they just come down to it, they drop down to a lower place and without realizing it. I'm not really sure why. I've seen a few sorry that I have nothing to do with a reading or nothing.
Speaker 4: To do with me.
Speaker 2: Why do sometimes they haunt?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I've never experienced a haunting. I would imagine there's probably restless spirits. And I think a lot of people just get frightened and get caught off guard if they come in too close. If they come in too close, maybe there are some restless spirits.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I've gone to different houses that are to be haunted, that are supposedly haunted or whatever, and I do pick up on the people that live there and some of the spirits there, and I don't know, they don't seem in distress, but they just seem really close. I've never had a spirit that scared me or anything. They've caught me off guard or startled. I've never scared me.
Speaker 2: Have you been lucky?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I believe in lucky.
Speaker 3: You know, I think everything happens for a reason. I think I'm well protected, you know, Like I said that, there's got to be a negative side to it, because I think that's just how the universe works, right, I do. But I've just I've never experienced it, and I would have to shut her down if I did, because this can only add to my life at which it does, which it does.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: But I have heard a lot of people who who have experienced you know, you know, freaky things happening and stuff like that. But it just that scary stuff hasn't happened to me.
Speaker 2: Who assigns the guardian angel to us?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, all I all I believe is that if we have an accident or in a situation where we're by ourselves and we need to reassurance, protecting or whatever. To me, I think it's kind of random. I'm not exactly convinced that we're assigned one because we have to experience life. We come here to learn, right, and some people of accidents, some people survived them, some people they cross over. You know, we have to have life experience. It's the whole point of being here. She'll never learn anything. You know, you do through your challenges. So I think guardian angels are just sent out, I believe when we need them, because if you're going to cross over in an accident or have a heart attack or something, then no, that's just part of that's your time to go. It may not be the time for you to lose these people, but everybody goes when they're supposed to. So so, but if you're not like my friend who was in an accent, I'd think that they come to stay with us to reassure us. Because he felt reassured. Actually that's the big part. He felt reassured, like a calmness. It was just like that he was going to be okay. Because if an angel comes and tells you that kind of you know, believe them. So yes, And then all of a sudden, the ambulance was there and he pretty much walked away.
Speaker 2: Can a dead friend or family member be your guardian angel?
Speaker 3: I don't believe so. I don't believe so. My spin is that angels have never been here before in physical form.
Speaker 4: I think they're above that.
Speaker 3: How I don't know. I don't know, but it's been my experience or insight that they have never been here in physical form. Now, can our loved ones be with us?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can they guide us? Yes? Absolutely? Do we listen up to us? It's almost like your parent trying to guide you when you're here. I think it's stronger indifferent on the other side, but kind of the same idea, either a listener or you don't you know, but I think your true guidance comes from inside of you. But it's just like it's like saying to your teenager, well, you know, how does it feel to you? You know, you kind of take them there, does it? And you know, either they listen to it or they don't.
Speaker 2: What seems to be, in your opinion, in your experience, the easiest way to connect with the spirit world.
Speaker 3: Other than come to see me quiet yourself. You know, sometimes you can, sometimes you can bring it on. Sometimes it'll just happen sporadically, But I think talk to your loved ones, or talk to your loved ones, or even just talk to the universe sort of say it depends on what you're asking. If you're trying to connect with your mom or your dad, just say you know what dad, You know, if you kind of get a sense that you might get a little memory or something to indicate that they're there to say, you know, give me a sign that you're with me. I believe in not telling them what to do, like don't flicker the lights or whatever. Let them figure out the sign. But just say, give me a sign that you're with me, and let that thought go. And it usually doesn't take very long, and something will happen. Sometimes often more than one thing will happen. They got to buy into it when it happens, because you can talk to yourself out of anything. And sometimes they're just kind of they happen without you really all of a sudden, it'll just take you there and you're like, oh, that makes me think them. You know, my dad's crossed over. And sometimes I'll think of him and start the car and there's Johnny Cash right, and I'm like walk the line.
Speaker 4: And so I can do two things.
Speaker 3: I can go hey, dad, or I can talk myself out of it and just oh, you know, I was just looking for it and showed up. Well, by the way, that's how everything works, right.
Speaker 2: What if a dearly departed one does not visit you ever, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, you know, that's a good question. I'm not really sure. A lot of this stuff is still a mystery to me, you know. And sometimes that happens. You know, I'll have because most people come back to me.
Speaker 4: For a reading.
Speaker 3: I don't remember my readings or anything, but they'll come back and they'll say, you know what, I've always wanted this cousin to come through, and he's never shown up. And I'm like, gee, I don't know, you know, I'm not sure. I'm not sure why. Most of the time, who we want to show up does show up. There's no guarantees, of course, most of the time. But there is the odd time that they'll come and say, you know, I've always wanted my good friend to come through and they don't.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know. I'm just a medium.
Speaker 3: I'm the Dirk in the middle, you know, between this world and that world. The person in the middle just receiving the messages.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why some people some souls don't show up.
Speaker 2: Are they always there for us when we pass on? Yeah, our loved ones?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I truly believe that. I truly believe that that somebody comes for us. It's usually our mother, obviously, if she's crossed over first, usually our mother. I think there's an obvious symmetry. She brings us into this world, so she helps us out. And plus, if your mom comes for her, you know that you can go with her.
Speaker 4: You don't have to tay.
Speaker 3: Although I do believe if you're going to passing slowly, that the veil between this world and that world starts to sin out, and then you reconnect with everybody, the obvious ones and even though not so obvious ones. You know, maybe you had a wonderful coach or a neighbor, or a teacher or something like that. You know, I think everybody kind of comes out just to welcome you.
Speaker 4: Agree, you reconnect.
Speaker 3: They've missed you too, even though they can be with us in a different way. They I believe that they miss us as well too. That's like going back home.
Speaker 2: When a soul passes over when when they die, is there like a review for them? How does that work?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And that's what I saw in that room when I visited Heaven. It was like it was literally like a classroom and it had all these like TV tray looking tables and they had screens in them. And the idea is that kind of like you're filmed here everything you do. And then part of the process of crossing over is that you do life review. You watch it all and I believe that somebody must have experienced it. And that's where my life flashed before my eyes came from. You know, every time you have an air mess here and you review everything you did here because you're learning, right, this is what you came here to learn. And not only do you feel, what you made other people feel as well too, And that's part of the learning process.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: When I was a young mom in the nineties, when the Oprah was on, she had Betty Edie on. She had a near death experience. I remember surgery, Yeah, during a surgery, and she talked about that room as well too. I remember I was half listening to her and she talked about that, and I was like what And it was such validation. Not that I had any doubt about what I saw, but it was such validations. I saw that same that same room, and she almost almost exactly described what I saw as well too.
Speaker 2: How do we know that the dying process, Kim, doesn't do something to our brains before that happens.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, like like.
Speaker 2: Sud creates weird stuff, lights, things like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, and the process of crossing over? You mean, well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think you know. I haven't.
Speaker 3: I don't remember dying previous lives, but I do believe in like there's a white light, and you know that's natural.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of the process of crossing over.
Speaker 4: You go through the light.
Speaker 3: I hear it's a bright light that doesn't hurt your eyes.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't experience that because I wasn't crossing over.
Speaker 4: I was just visiting.
Speaker 3: So I've never seen like the white light because I'm still here. I guess that's why. But I believe that it's true. I believe that it's true. What about your death, sorry, sir, what do you having your death? But people who did like that, I can't remember. But she may have talked about that.
Speaker 2: What about the concept of evil.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's evil in the world. I don't know about on the on the other side, probably, I like I said, I haven't experienced it. But in the world absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you do with the evil person who has died and gone to the other side. Surely he can't be mixed in with the good people?
Speaker 3: Right well, I think, but his experience of crossing over and life review and all that kind of stuff is going to be a whole lot different than somebody like yourself, right that they are. And I think in this world here, you don't get away with anything. It's not like it's not like you have to wait to cross over for God to repay his debts or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know. What goes around comes around.
Speaker 3: So everything that you make other people feel will come back to you. It may not come from this is just my belief. It may not come from that person, but it's coming. It's coming, And that's what karma.
Speaker 4: That's ok.
Speaker 3: That's it always sounds like a bad thing, but that's why old our souls get into the business of helping others, because everything that make other people feel comes back. I have a great life snocause on psychics because I help people.
Speaker 4: All day, I could be doing anything. Do we change versus.
Speaker 2: Do we change Guardian Angels in our lives?
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, I don't believe we're assigned one. So if it depends on how if you have more than one, or you know, trauma, tragedy or something in your life where you require It's like if you need to call an ambulance more than once throughout your life, then yeah, I don't. I don't really get that you're just as finned one one. I just think it's on a need on a need basis. I've never needed one that I have been aware of. I had a visit of an angel. I wasn't sure there was a guardian angel. Like I said, I was an emostionally low time, but I wasn't an accident or anything like my life wasn't at risk.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your twenty year old book What's Above.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, I wrote about a few experiences like I was talking about, like when I visited Heaven and you know, sort of my out of body experiences. And it's a collection of different stories from a long time ago, just of different people, just to help different people. You know, understand in different ways. You know why our loved ones come around, And I mean and how I can get information as well too, you know, on maybe crimes, missing people, and I don't even have to like I can get information about a situation. Or I have a girl who's a genealogist and she's always looking for She's got lots of loved ones were in the Civil War and they couldn't find one gentleman hurt. I don't think he was a third cousin or second cousin. Want to her body in the cemetery, and I said, oh, he's in the children's cemetery because he was seventeen part and they found him. They found him, So I'm not convinced he was telling me that information. I just think all the information about everything is out there, right and if I can tap into some of it, So I'm not I didn't really feel like I was connecting with that young soldier, but I was connecting with the.
Speaker 2: Information by healing a soul.
Speaker 3: Healing like when once the soul's crossed over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you get healed when he crossed over. That's why I try to reassure people.
Speaker 2: You know who does the healing well.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of it, like you coming here to the healing, and I think the crossing over, crossing over it that you leave your emotional stuff behind because you learn from it, you understand. I think we forget everything at birst and when you cross over, it's like all the lights ones. You understand that you were here to learn. You know, some of us have more to learn, you know, some of us go through bigger things, Like nobody comes here to have a challenge for your life. I just think the perspective is different. You don't get away with anything, but I think the perspective is different, you know. So I think just they're always aware, Like lots of times they'll apologize for how they were, you know, to try it, and they get that that was part of their their learning experience here. But they also are very aware of what it did to their loved ones as well too, you know, when they were here. But they also understand that that was just part of their process of learning.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Lessons are repeated till we get them, and maybe some people aren't as evolved or it takes them longer to learn, you know.
Speaker 2: Kim, what are your recommendations for tapping into the universe to make things comfortable for us while we're still here.
Speaker 3: Always quiet yourself. That's how you're going to hear all the information about you and your guidance. You know, first understand that all the answers about you are inside you. So if you're looking externally, you know for what you should do next in your life, whether you should take this job, marry this person, whether you should whatever. If you're looking externally, I mean, you can get information, but at the end of the day, you take all that information and how does it feel. You process it through your soul, through yourself, and that's where the answers are. And like I said, if you can't if people say it's not there, it's always there. It is. And if you're thinking is so much louder, all the noise of the world in that mind shatter will drown out the voice of God, your soul, that inner voice, or whatever you want to call it. So it's just understanding that it's there, that it's there, and if you calm yourself, you know, you go for a walk, separate yourself from people, do whatever it takes. That's that's when you're either going to feel your loved ones around or you're going to feel the answers about yourself, and it might not always. The feeling might not be always what you want. It's like, oh, I really wanted this to work out what the feeling doesn't feel right? I know, but the feeling is still right. And that's the blessing is that it's the universe has your back. So if you go through life and everything seems where you're thinking and feeling is the same thing, keep doing what you're doing. But as soon as you start creating a different feeling, the other vers is going hang on, hang on. It's it's like your feelings. You know, people feel guilty, they're mad at themselves. You know, if you're so, you know your feelings are always you're always guying if it feels right. Everything carries a vibration right every carry. You can even walk into a room, you're like, this doesn't feel good. But what doesn't feel good? It's the energy. It's the people, It's the it's the vibe or the opposite. It's like, oh, or you meet somebody and you're like, you're right away their energy feels good. Or you'll know somebody for a long time and then see them in you're like something's changed, right, like the energy like it's shifted.
Speaker 4: It's shifted.
Speaker 3: So if you if you stay in that more in that place of feeling and stuff like that will make it much easier for you.
Speaker 4: To have a life here.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more