Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Saless Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your load glasses, Malone.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not the mic, right. What it is is.
Speaker 1: So the whole point is your interface. Don't do nothing but convert your microphone to like a language that your computer can read. That's all your interface does. It's not the microphone. It's really just the interface, right.
Speaker 3: So the interface doesn't need a need a device to plug into like, so it works like mic interface computer. It can just be computer interface computer, well.
Speaker 1: Like minees right, like at home, Like right now, I'm using the zoom Age six and it's an interface, but it has MIC inputs only.
Speaker 2: So in theory, I don't need nothing. I could plug a.
Speaker 1: I could put a flash drive inside of it, right, and then plug mics into it and just do my podcast with just this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two mics and a and a flash drive.
Speaker 3: But but he needs a mic, like he can't just have an interface sitting by itself, right, No.
Speaker 2: We got a mic. His mic is plugged into his interface, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But what happens is when he changed the audio, when he puts his idio, you know what I mean from stream Yard onto his interface that automatically disposal the fact that his the fact Streamyard is picking up his interface.
Speaker 2: Says a lot.
Speaker 1: So it's really something simple between a microphone and the interface.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he said he might need a podcast mic, I thought he didn't have a mic. He just had a computer and an interface.
Speaker 2: Now you're my microphone over here, gotcha? When you were just talking, was you talking into your microphone?
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking into the computer mic.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. When you were just checking your interface? Now because I said snap, it was.
Speaker 2: You snapping in front of it? Nope? Nope. So then yeah, it could be working, but you just try one more time, like, but bring your mic to you and see if that helps, because you gotta talk to the microphone.
Speaker 4: Oh see if that.
Speaker 1: Helped, because if very if you if stream Yard cousins picking up your interface, you know what I'm saying, then at that point it's really the conversation between your microphone and your interface. Yeah, so that should really work.
Speaker 3: Is there something where like the channel the interfaces on it might not be matching the input where the MIC's plugged into.
Speaker 2: It could be that it could be that it could be that. I don't really know. But what I do is because I'm gonna just come over there, Joey one, like in the next like six days and really just make it to where you can actually where you could.
Speaker 1: Actually just do this from here on now, because you could do way like. I think this is the future for any person looking to be in any level of entertainment, you know, having setups at home that you could use and do all your interviews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you got it. Yeah today, yeah't.
Speaker 2: Be out there. I think people finna get rid of brick and mortars altogether. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Happening So right now, I got I got Atlanta coming up right December. In December, and I'm stopping at all these places with radio, podcasts, TV shows, video shows.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe some meetings.
Speaker 1: But thinking about five years that should have been done, I think technology or chets up and you'll be able to have visuals so fucking crisp on your computer and on your phone that people won't just invest in productions like that for this type of medium, you know, I mean to deliver this type of content.
Speaker 4: Don't think that will take away from it though, I mean I mean, it's just what it is at this point.
Speaker 2: It's just evolved.
Speaker 3: If you don't know.
Speaker 1: About We use the term evolution because evolution kind of signifies Evolution signifies a necessary need to survive, like a change that is made in regards to survive.
Speaker 2: I think convenience because becomes the uh.
Speaker 1: It, convenience becomes Convenience is also the killer of quality for sure. So but again I think as the world that just as a standard becomes lower quality, it just won't matter like that, just won't matter like that. So but I know that just like any feeling, because that the centerpiece of you know, even cinematography to me is audio. That's where you get the professional quality because cinematography itself, the way films look be all different. You can look at Traffic, the movie Traffic, or look at certain films they'll have all kind of looks and ideas the way you see them. But the most professional films, the sound is what's really the most professional part. I mean, there's a level of editing that happens, but even in that's more style. Sound is probably the one thing I don't think you could really fuck with, you know what I mean, motherfuckers need to hear some shit correctly.
Speaker 3: And I think honestly, like the way that you'll be able to digitally store and observe sound through which is just the case now. I mean, like if you were a crack open the code on, like what's really going on with the audio that's gonna get streamlined and edited and really really perfected quite efficiently with AI stuff. The ai'll be able to pick up like what's background versus what's for a ground, what's static first? Not like and it'll just just clean all that right out.
Speaker 2: For sure, but but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but even now it'll take echoes just right on out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got that now.
Speaker 1: Like if you look at some of the options and stream yards, because they have echo cancelation, they got background cancelation, they got a grip of dope ass shit, it ain't no plump, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, so shut out the stream yard. Cuse.
Speaker 1: But because this is a real podcast, I don't really do a visual component for the most part till we get, you know, better, Like we've been talking about doing more stuff visual.
Speaker 2: We just got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: The right way to where to me is as creative as the ship were talking about, Like we can't have this.
Speaker 4: Kind of.
Speaker 2: Lame standard. Look you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Can I set my stuff out on the balcony and and and have a cigar with this?
Speaker 2: It has to be like that. Yeah, I think we got that would be excellent.
Speaker 3: I would be doing podcasts all day long.
Speaker 1: But what's Crainy is right, is like we're working on a film, right, so counsel these nothing now that it's like and we sixty days in, like we're going into like we're in the second quarter of the marketing level right up the whole life of it, as far as the marketing from our perspective as a label. And we're working on this film called fed Up Righting Me and still been writing on it, like.
Speaker 3: The role of every white character in the in the feature, like I just keep popping up the new outfits throughout.
Speaker 1: That would be good, but no, we was working on it. And it's funny because like we can shoot the dead movie on our phone, and we was talking about like we could literally get two fucking iPhones with a steady cam and a couple jims and a couple zooms and shoot the film. But the problem is, like I gotta talk to Sega because like to me, that's the catch. You gotta have the right sound guy, and that's gonna determine if your film comes across profession.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because was Redd was gonna make a cell phone.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: They did make a cell phone, but they outsourced the camera, so everybody was like, well, what the fuck is this? So like, okay, okay, okay, you caught us, We're gonna make a new one with our own fully vertically integrated camera in the phone. And right before it's suposed to like finally be done, they switched CEOs and he canceled the whole project.
Speaker 2: He was more stupid ass ship stupid ass.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I just I just think.
Speaker 1: I mean, I fucked with the whole cameras and fine things. I just don't believe it's the smartest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: We'll probably not.
Speaker 1: As far as the chasing eyes from people got to stop chasing eyePhone, people got to stop chasing but her.
Speaker 2: But side note, cud, did you see the ship?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You see t I got that new apartment show that you see that?
Speaker 4: Is it a show or a movie? It's like a movie. I think it is, Yes, it's a movie called The Apartments. Yeah, I haven't watched it yet. It looked like the previews kind of made me feel like it was probably funny.
Speaker 2: It gotta be good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really didn't get into ATL like that. I didn't get to ATM like that. I really didn't watch that anytime. I knew that, and it was kind of corny.
Speaker 3: It was that well, it was interestingly.
Speaker 4: I'm cet I skating that shit is crazy?
Speaker 2: Can you skate? I mean, all the land of the niggas?
Speaker 4: I'm like, is this nigga grown or is he a kid?
Speaker 3: All the other actors that were corny in it, like all of his friends were corny as shit.
Speaker 1: I didn't every time I try to sit down and watch it, it just be corny as fuck because I cannot.
Speaker 3: Fuck with a lot of people watched it and they love anything. Oh I think people, I was the best actor of the film. Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 2: Kidding me?
Speaker 3: Have pro actors?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: As to the actors looked like fucking idiots other than that girl's dad, who was an actual actor who did a good job. All the dress always mean yeah, yeah, I mean I like that mean mean sells with me, No syllis gl.
Speaker 1: On timing with my brother, Peter, Pete whatever, my man Joey Westside from the La Giants.
Speaker 2: Ironically, we got you.
Speaker 1: I always thought this would be a good conversation because me and Pete don't got no kids.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know about t I and this a little.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing about the thing about is we don't never talk specifically about one thing because we don't like, we don't this ain't the uh, this ain't the view.
Speaker 2: We don't talk.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, So we have to wrap a lot of the ideas we want to talk about into greater conversations, like about period in general. Right, And we just happened to start with King and TV. They just they kind of start where we're going into conversation. But that's not really what this podcast about. It's about just parenting in general. And I think it's dope that me and Pete got pure takes on paring, like we have honest and logical takes because there's no emotion. But obviously having a kid makes you feel different about parenting for sure, So we can ask your opinion.
Speaker 2: Come to kids, you do, yeah, because you you really start selling out all that.
Speaker 4: Man, you start doing shit that's probably you think that's good for you. And then but I feel like I should do this like Christmas gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you all were you like at a point like coming up where you were like, man, I don't never have much. By the time he was six, it was just right there, just to.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a daughter, so okayhead, I wouldn't know, but I'm pretty sure. I mean I watched my brother say certain ship that he would never do, and he you know, he can look like a liar at this point, but he just didn't know.
Speaker 2: He just didn't know no better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he thought he thought he would do things or not do things because he was speaking from a place of ignorance.
Speaker 2: You know about that.
Speaker 4: So but you know, when you're young and you rebellious, see your dad or your your uncles or your OG's be said things like this is gonna happen, This's gonna happen because they didn't already experience it and seeing it. But she'd be like, I ain't gonna be like that, like I'm gonna do it this way.
Speaker 2: It's like you don't know what you're gonna do until you live in it. Then you start living it.
Speaker 4: It's like damn and.
Speaker 2: That wasna, Yeah you did on what I'm talking about. He was just saying, like, was I ever?
Speaker 4: Was I ever the person that was like I never do this with my son or in front of my son or whatever. But I don't have a son. But I watch my brother say things to my pops and like, upples, you know what I'm saying, Like I never do that.
Speaker 2: I never do that.
Speaker 3: And it's like you're.
Speaker 4: Doing what you said you would never do, my nigga, but he didn't know no better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but y'all, y'all got a river. Also, like y'all were parents. Hella young, I mean not not crazy young, you know, not not project young. I'm like, yeah, you know what I mean, that is pretty young to have a kid. Yeah, so a lot of things.
Speaker 2: That you know, like your kids to some degree.
Speaker 1: I guess if you had a kid at eighteen nineteen twenty, your kids was raised.
Speaker 2: With you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds crazy because like I'll be thinking about twenty today, Like I look at kids twenty today and I'd be like, they act like little.
Speaker 2: Kids at twenty today. But then I think about kennots that was twenty.
Speaker 1: When I was twenty, you seemed to be growner and more dope. Huh Yeah, But nigga, let's go back to the sixties. Like, if you was twenty in the sixties, you probably had already worked for five years.
Speaker 2: You built up some pension your life. You're sure you probably was married.
Speaker 3: You was making on a housing on your.
Speaker 2: House, yummy goates and shit. Yes, say I was receiving already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd already been to Warren back seeing the world.
Speaker 2: That's why I was saying.
Speaker 1: I was tripping off this conversation we was having yesterday on the Clubhouse with the Homi Trap Brash Show.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Trap in the whole ady HD room.
Speaker 1: But it was funny to me because we were talking about they were talking about Luke and they were talking about Gloria Valez, Right, was it that z? Yeah, And you know, Joey, people hate when I talk about this, right, But like, I can't help but be logical in approach, and it's people be like, well, that's because you're not a parent. It's like, look, I'm not saying something is right or wrong. I'm just saying right. So the whole thing.
Speaker 2: With Luke and Gloria. But les is Gloria is coming out now, Minu.
Speaker 1: She had a baby with Aaron halwhen she was like seventeen or eighteen or something, and.
Speaker 3: You're talking like like Uncle Luke.
Speaker 2: Who knew?
Speaker 1: She said Ouncle Luke was grooming her at sixteen, and so I seen Luke respond to that. He was like, I just figured out what grooming was, and everybody he knew what it was. And I was thinking, like man nigga from Florida, that nigga, he's probably he probably did not know with groomy.
Speaker 3: And I also at to borrow with him at she five, and I wanted to go say what's up to him? But I didn't want to be that like corny ass stude.
Speaker 2: To go by the big guy Lucas a card and less. So I don't know who you is. I know who you so Luke so Lucas mad.
Speaker 1: But it was funny because I was having room and you know, obviously today is this real stanch moral positioning right about you know, how they feel about me and dealing with underage minors.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying to them.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, in the United States, like thirty plus states the legal age of consented sixteen. They're like, goss, come on with all that smart shit, and I'm like, Bro, you have to care about because you're right, you don't understand. Like this has always been my conversation, Bro, morality only comes from religion, underworld or laws. That creates morality for most people, except a couple of intelligent people.
Speaker 2: Who come up with their own morality.
Speaker 1: But for the sheet the herd itself religion, street life, or laws. So I was trying to tell them, I'm like, well, in the nineties, the legal age of consent in Florida and some of those southern states was like thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 4: That shit out.
Speaker 1: It sounds crazy because only because we in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds crazy. In twenty twenty three growing up.
Speaker 3: I heard an interesting observation by this guy who was talking about well, anyway, always cut to the chase. In previous generations, like parents now are very very very risk averse with how they let their kids like go around town and all that kind of stuff, you know what I mean, particularly like in the suburbs and stuff. Whereas in previous generation we had six, seven, eight kids, you lose one Eh, sucks, but eh, you lose you got one kid, you lose one. That's a bigger l man.
Speaker 4: You know what you know what's crazy is uh, I find myself being I remember growing up in you know, moms at work, pops doing what he's doing. He at work, you know, not there sometimes or whatever. But they never they never worried about us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they we.
Speaker 4: Stayed at home. That's what it was like. She didn't worry.
Speaker 1: You know, you just you was staying on your ass state outside. You been not bringing your fucking ass in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like when she at work, she like we we at When I'm saying at home, I mean the outside in the house, she ain't calling and check all this and it's like I'm at work. My kids is straight. But we also grew up in a neighborhoodhood where your where your homies was like your family. So they know the neighbors. We know the neighbors. Everybody know each other. So they didn't worry about that. My dad didn't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I be man, My daughter go to her friend house and I'm calling, texting, I'm checking her location.
Speaker 2: All means all.
Speaker 4: These things that they gave us to make sure they're safe or whatever that you could use to make yourself feel like they safe, and I'd be I'd be worried, man, I just be over worried, Like damn, I can't even allow her to just you know, I don't want her to do that dumb but like she make a mistake or be responsible so I can trust it.
Speaker 2: I'm just own it. Yeah, wait, did you get there yet? Alright?
Speaker 4: For shure, I'm gonna call you in a minute. And my mind and dad to do none of that shit.
Speaker 1: Parents today is we scared it hella puss a fine and I don't forgive me for y'all.
Speaker 2: And I got kid y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all, y'all trying to like today is worse than we nigga when we grew up.
Speaker 2: It was way worse. It was way, way worse.
Speaker 1: Like everything about our childhood was really dangerous, Like you really might get shot in the drive outside, you really might get kidnapped by somebody in the van, like these were normal things that was happening, and that shit never Like guess what if you went outside at the nine o'clock in the morning, not bring your back, had your ass back in here before the street guys come on. But nigga, don't be in and about this mother fucker stay outside.
Speaker 4: You're in and out the house. Get your ass with me.
Speaker 2: That's great. Way here.
Speaker 1: I wish you want to be laying on the couch all day talking about Oh you on the phone.
Speaker 2: First off, you're blocking the phone line? Part two? Why the fuck is you in here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true too. I feel like they're and I was kind of thinking about it as we were talking. There's an interesting, like almost paradox with parents now. It's like, Hey, a lot of parents that I watch, they don't want to do any parenting. They want to be the kid's best friend. And then on the flip side, they don't have any trust to let the kid go be out and about or whatever the hell and learn a lesson on their own. And I feel like, subconsciously, you don't saying you, Joe, I'm just saying like, yo, a lot of people in general, if you know you're doing a shitty job at parenting because all you want to do is be your kid's best friend, then you don't trust your kid because you don't trust the parenting that you did for your kid in real time passability.
Speaker 4: That could be true, I would not true.
Speaker 3: For a lot of girls I know, or at least I don't think now just to post them, yeah, just just to dress them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why you look in there and you be looking at niggas biyo and women biio.
Speaker 2: They be like, like.
Speaker 1: The greatest accomplishment is like mother of todd I'm like, how' gonna turn around.
Speaker 2: To be a serial killer?
Speaker 1: That's just your too in the case, And I don't forgive me, Like, ladies, I'm not talking about y'all. I'm just saying that shouldn't be the crowning achievement of your life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That's not to say your kids shouldn't be important or or focused, but that shouldn't define your existence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Wrong, I'm not sure for a long time that kind of was. At least, if you're gonna say that the greatest accomplishment is your kids, at least your greatest accomplishment needs to be your kid's accomplishment, that not just their existence.
Speaker 1: That also, this is the thing, right, It is like back in the day, women would be proud to be somebody's wife.
Speaker 2: That was the crowning achievement. It wasn't the kids. The family set up was the crowning achievement.
Speaker 1: Socially, it wasn't just the two kids or three kids, mother of four that just don't look attractive, like wife of blah blah blah, not mother mother of ford.
Speaker 4: Looked like I seen the wife in the bio, you know, but a lot of them mad wives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that that would be the greatest accom that used to be women's accomplishment.
Speaker 2: You mean wife of Robert Jr. M. You know what I'm saying. So it's just changed.
Speaker 1: But I was looking at the TS shit and it was crazy, right because like I'm watching this nigga and it looks like he's pushing his mom because and he talking about telling his mom he's standing on business. And I'm thinking to myself, like, Cluz, I wish I would have used slang in my mom. My mom would have knocked my motherfucking head off, Like I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mom washed up with that. She didn't even like nigga, what.
Speaker 4: She's gonna barn you out and put all your business because your mom know everything about you. First off, it wasn't no more there all the little boy shit you do around the crab. She's about to say it and let you know how much of a whole ass nigga.
Speaker 1: You Olivia six foot three hundred fans nigga. First off, it had been no right hand. First off, before she took my phone off the ground to drop me, she'd have took the phone like this little bitch ass nigga.
Speaker 2: Did you all to grab cloaths up right?
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I saw you on today, cousin on Instagram, Me like, yeah, you know these niggas better. You know, I stand on bidding nigga better stay out of my business. And I'm just thinking to myself, like for him to be saying, like what happened to where people are just ungrateful about their parents.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't, I don't know where that. I don't know what come from, man.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: I think it comes from the fact, Like I'll go back to it. Parents have. There's been a slow linear decline in the degree to which parents adequately equip their kids with the tools to be upstanding and productive. So as they get older, they understand that there's a void of skills and tools and ship so they get rebellious because they're arnering and they feel like they're ill prepared for the world. So what can you do? You can just bitch and then the kids are gonna bitch at a certain age what they.
Speaker 2: Do well, I'm not Do you believe in hitting your kids? Pete? If you hide a key?
Speaker 3: Am I allowed to say? Yeah? I don't have a problem with that. I think there's there's there's a there's a real I think I don't even think it's a fin line. I think there's a pretty big gap between like disciplining your kid and physically abusing and beating a ship out of your kid and turning your kid into dysfunction a socially dysfunctional, violent person. Those two things in the world apart.
Speaker 2: That's like those are a world apart.
Speaker 1: It's like who your kid asked the coffee hot? That's not what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on home because you got rough day of work and take it out of your kid.
Speaker 2: In the same shit, your kids stole your car? Whoop? Be your kid.
Speaker 3: At if your kids stole the car, whoop your kids asked?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Might their kids old enough to you have to earn that one? Maybe how old it is but well a ten year old. Yeah, no, no, that depends on how fourteen if you can. I had a kid next year when he's fourteen, I'll be fifty five.
Speaker 2: You don't think you've been a whooping kid ass at fifty five?
Speaker 3: Man, I barely you heard me earlier. I could barely drink that PEPSI man, I'm falling apart. I almost got I almost got an outsource open and soda canns nowadays also opened up just trying to whoop ass on my kid.
Speaker 2: That came.
Speaker 1: Let me, Joey, you the only one that got a kid on this the podcast? And what age would you not whoop?
Speaker 2: Yah? Y'all?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Now, y'all fourteen? Now? So where what age would you not whoop? Yah? Yall? You're actually too big for me whooping on her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, now it's now. I don't I ain't whooped y'all y'all that many times, you know what I'm saying. I remember one time though she like she had said something slick out of her boud. She was younger though, like basically called me like annoying or something, But the way she said it was almost like she didn't even say it though. I just like what was you about to say? What I think he was about to say? Like, and I popped her in the fore as so goddamn all man, and I and I felt bad as soon as I did it. Damn, I got turned into her. Man. I gotta melted soon as I did it. Man, but it was reflected mouth mouth was just too much of a god. But right now I can't see myself whooping her.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I just try to talk to her every now and then. I got to get a little loud, you know what I'm saying to let her know I'm not playing like I'm serious about what I'm saying, But she don't really do anything, and where I have to go that route? And she beg now like she know she a young lady.
Speaker 2: And how old was you the last time you got your ass whooping?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man, I can't even remember, man, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and I'm gonna talk about what a belt? I mean, you got disciplined?
Speaker 4: Oh I remember Pop's like probably high school, like ninth tenth grade. Pops took off on me in the chest a couple of times before you let me out the car.
Speaker 2: What about you, Pete.
Speaker 1: I'm just I can't imagine when's the last time you got disciplined Pete physically, are you're hearing as as.
Speaker 3: A kid, probably six or seven, something like that, nigga.
Speaker 1: The last time I got disciplined, nigga was my mom. I was eighteen years old out of high school. Nigga, she damn to knocked my teeth to nigga about whole marvels bleed for about.
Speaker 2: Fifteen minutes when you said they the time she called me selling drugs. Oh, and she asked me. She was like, are you hustling?
Speaker 1: And I'm like looking away, like you know, you know how you look away you think you get two girls.
Speaker 2: I'm looking away like She's like, are you hustling?
Speaker 1: I know you hear me talking to you. I look and I'm like I gotta get my Yeah, the whole damn nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my daughter.
Speaker 4: She had to like I would have to catch my daughter doing some shit like like tworking on TikTok or something.
Speaker 2: I probably should like to shoot out of it.
Speaker 4: She gotta be tough because because that I and that probably because I just and it might be selfish, like I'm embarrassed, so I'm about to.
Speaker 2: That is abused. You can't whoop your you can't. But you know what, I could relate to it, but you can't do that.
Speaker 1: But I really think as black people, we got in trouble with our parents because we embarrassed. It probably wouldn't even worse the ash whild it, but they're so embarrassed. He was like, you, motherfucker, you got me looking crap. That's how my mother was to talk to my brother when.
Speaker 2: We got in trouble at school. Like he get in trouble to school.
Speaker 3: She's like, you got me coming up here.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed, and ship like.
Speaker 1: She gotta walk up and it's your kid causing all them. Yeah, my mom, nigga eighteen nigga. I was already hustling at that point for three years. She just didn't know because she got in trouble. She came home and I did never say nothing. I have my own place, and I was at my dad house chilling. I was on the seventh and.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: She she pulled up and I was sitting in the car with her, and she knew it already. I don't know who told her, maybe probably my little brother.
Speaker 2: Told her, But this all fucking I'm telling that she are you hustling? And I was like ignoring her.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, she said, are you hustling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta get She busted my whole mouth right second time she called me that and she tried to hit me with her her car. I was walking away from a cell in the streets like a seal, like somebody came. I thank bought like a twenty dollars four or something, and I gave it to him and got the money. Was walking back to the curve to put the money around the fold the other You know, when you're a young hustler, you just put the fold. You put out your whole wives put the fold folding on the otherwise. When I was walking, not playing chitch and all her I looked it was her car and I had to dive on the curve and I died.
Speaker 4: Man, Moss wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: Oh she's sacrifice all this shit. That's what it be.
Speaker 4: They feel like they they put all that work in and stop you from doing.
Speaker 2: Is it what you're doing with that sacrifice? This is what you do with my sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the worst time you ever let your parents down? Like the greatest letdown you had for ham for playing hand. He was like you like this, this was gonna be the monumentist letdown where you let them down.
Speaker 4: I can't, I can't think. I can't think of a situation right now. Ain't nothing popping.
Speaker 2: Up, Pete. You remember the greatest letdown you add.
Speaker 3: For your pearents, like single action, like happened at once?
Speaker 2: Single action?
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably was. It was accumulation of the snowball of a bunch of stuff, but it was. It would have been like what I didn't uh re enrolled to finish off of the least few classes for my degree, which I still not bothered by that at all, but I think at the time my dad was kind of pissed, like quite.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For my mom, it was when I was hustling that day. She the way she hit me in my mouth, She hit me hard, like she tried to really knock me out, like I can tell her not. My mom puts hard, I said. And she was a squabbling like a big lady. She was a nice, large woman to be punching on the motherfucker. You felt that pressure, niggie. And my mom was reading for like fifteen minutes. I jumped out the car. I was spinning up bluff for about fifteen minutes. For a long time, I thought my teeth was fucked up. She fucked me up good.
Speaker 2: And my dad.
Speaker 1: The biggest let down for my What's crazy is my dad called me? My dad called me? When uh, my dad called me? When uh the biggest let damn? When did I let my dad damn?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: The angriest I ever had him?
Speaker 1: I called him a nickname that his friends used to call him that got on his nerves and I didn't know. And I chased me around the field next to the house, nigga and wi. He chased me around the field with a tire with a spare tire, trying to hit me with the tire.
Speaker 2: His nigga chased me in a field with a tire, calling over his one.
Speaker 1: Of his best friends right, His name was Ellis. Rest in peace, please your Ellen. And Ellis and my dad had been friends for a long time. Ellis is a little older than my dad and they worked on race cars. One day we were sitting in the front yard and he was like, hey, you know what your daddy nickname was? And I had to be about twelve or thirteen he said, you know, he said, you know what your daddy nick name he said his nickname used to be Skeik, call him Skeep.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, Like I didn't know. I was like, what up Skee?
Speaker 1: That nigga looked and fletched up and start chasing after me. I felt like homers sensin at bart because I was digging. I ain't even picked up but tire off of Noah is his mother's all nover. He picked up a tire and chased me with the fucking tire.
Speaker 2: Tires ain't light like that either. It's a tired.
Speaker 4: Why did they call that man? It's a backstory to skip.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I've never said that name since that day. That's how much that ship.
Speaker 3: You don't just walk back into the house and ask where'd that come from?
Speaker 2: Like why did they call you that? Listen? I almost blurted it.
Speaker 1: I want to blurt it out in the podcast. That's how frightened I was ever since that date.
Speaker 4: I remember one time me and my brother was getting the too it. We was young enough and I was mad and when I like when I get mad, I just I guess I would smelling my pists. At this point, I start cussing that nigga out in front of Lamark like I didn't care, nigga, But I didn't. The way I'm cussing him out, you would have thought my mama wouldn't even right there, nigga. When I tell you my whole shirt. She pulled me from my shirt and pulled me back in the crayer while I was walking out, and she just you could tell how her she was, how I was talking to my brother. I was you thinking you could just talk like that? Like what you think this is? You feel me like? She she was mad. She was mad that she heard me talk to my brother like that. And that's at the time when you cuss outside with me, you ain't. You ain't cussing in front of your parents like that's a no note. Outside were cussing up a store coming to ours you but you ain't doing nothing. You couldn't even you couldn't even answer my mama with what. You couldn't say she lying, don't use the word liar or say what who you what? That's how I asked what because.
Speaker 1: I wish I would tell my mom she called me CD what she would have looked across that motherfucking rab Yeah, look.
Speaker 2: At that ship. Shud hit me with a lamp.
Speaker 1: You that's back because with parents threw anything to you that was close to them, a fist, tailed, a lamp, a shoe, tag, remote, remote used to be your mom Grandy's well, but she had throw that motherfucker remote.
Speaker 2: Fuck the remote. I'm trying to eat you.
Speaker 1: Name me.
Speaker 2: Break this motherfucking remote.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if your kid came out like Lorie Hardy, what do you do as a parent?
Speaker 4: Then I wouldn't know, man, I would I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 3: I know how I would handle that. Would I would legally change my last name and say, I don't know who she is. You've turned on the morning radio show and it would be like the Steve Peterson Show, all that Laurie Harvey. I don't know. That's a strange lady. She popped up out of nowhere. Weird bitch.
Speaker 2: Are you embarrassed if that's your kid? Like a Steve Harvey and Bears?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean, like RV.
Speaker 4: Is Steve Rvy? Man, I don't know if you know.
Speaker 2: Even game?
Speaker 3: What's she really? What she really do? It just kind of like worse with skimpy outfits and dates some high profile people. I mean it depends, like I guess a hell of a lot worse than that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she just dated a lot of men we know, and see.
Speaker 3: How a few high profile you know, Laurie wors some short dresses.
Speaker 4: Right dashing, and somebody that's a little different.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if you was what's who if he was robbed? What's the pop's name? Robert Gardashian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will be, I will be like, I will be hurt. I'll start taking the blame, like, damn.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 4: What? What did I do or didn't do? Why would she make a decision, especially.
Speaker 3: Like like the Hilton, Dad, that's a brand name guy with a brand name family you don't really know. I mean like Karrent Ashley and yeah he was in good Lawyer whatnot. But that's not a name like Pow you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You see held everywhere right next to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she she damn near rebranded that whole hotel empire, like they might have well just changed the name of Snoopy Fox at that point.
Speaker 4: And you know what's crazy because I used to That's funny because I when I was young, I thought of the Hilton as being like this real luxurious hotel.
Speaker 2: Saying what it kind of was though, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like, yeah, I feel like they're working.
Speaker 4: That ship is in days and now that's like the best resting they.
Speaker 3: Got, like the Hilton Gardens. Now they have like all sorts of tears.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: Courtyard by Marriott.
Speaker 4: Then she tried to give me pull to a bye him, and.
Speaker 2: She didn't rebranded the Hill, which of the snowy fots I'm crying. She didn't rebranded the Hill into the Motel six.
Speaker 3: Shit. Man, I takes.
Speaker 2: Loud ass vents. Mm hmm, that's crazy. Yeah, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: I would be because you know what, as a parent, man, you kind of you pride yourself for your kids accomplishments. Like you know what I'm saying, Like, I remember my mom just always wanted us. She all she talked about was walking the stage. Walking the stage. You better walk that motherfucking stage. That's all I know, both of middle school or high school. You know what I'm saying, like, you better walk that stage. And I was I wasn't even worried about what I'm gonna do after school. I'm worried about just walking the stage and not embarrassing her more so than anything else.
Speaker 2: With a black community.
Speaker 1: Man and me and Pete talking about this all the time, I'd be telling him it'd be all about keeping your kids alive, out of jail and get them through high school. There's no thought of anything else after that. In the darkest parts of the culture and the darkest parts of that existed because college don't even seem like a real thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They don't even seem like a real thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I find myself sometimes like, yeah, the college thing, like Man's I'll be telling my daughter, if you want to go, you know, just figure out what it is you want to do and do it. I'll be like, go for the bread, go for something that you know you're probably gonna enjoy, that's gonna pay you. If you're gonna go to school, get some money, Well, I think I go into business for yourself.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not that person acting like entrepreneurship is just what everybody does now, you know what I'm saying, Like you could just do it, be an entrepreneur. It's like it's that's a lot more tougher than what people believe because they looking at scammers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of ebentreneurs out there. Would you say I said there's a lot of e B treneurs out there.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get your ass.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: It is though, it is they scamming selling classes. Yeah, this nigga selling the classes. The nigga selling the class right now. Probably if you show you how to set up a stream yard?
Speaker 2: Is that really robbing day?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What college do? We ain't saying, Robin, I was just talking about.
Speaker 4: It's just everybody like just talking about as far as my daughter, you know, trying to you know, encourage her to go to college or even if she want to just figure out her own business owner, you know, our own business. But I don't be preaching entrepreneurship like it's like it's just the grandest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, You do me about to be the kind of person making choice? Yeah, that got to be your thie.
Speaker 4: Because there's a boss. There's a false narrative about entrepreneurship out there because of scammers and he entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: You know. But what's crazy is what Peter saying makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like when you're talking about the disappointment, the greatest disappointment for his parents was him not taking those last little classes getting that degree.
Speaker 2: It didn't matter where he ended up after that. It was like they felt like that was for them.
Speaker 3: Noah, No that I don't know. I think they just thought like there was a lot of contexts to that, Like I had been a giant disappointment like forever and then kind of had a brief window of redemption because I like.
Speaker 2: Why the hell did you become a how was you that? Forever?
Speaker 3: I always was a disappointment, So what you mean? I mean I've alway like not even landed with an earshot of expectations, you know. So the thing like with that that it was kind of one of those deals where I had like a little window of like redemption so to speak, after school because like I left call so that got hired for like a really good job that was probably on paper. I got that shit because I clobbered an interview, like I just like went through a series of interviews and just like ripped them up. So I got like a slew of job offers all at once. And it was a strong job market also, and I didn't really appreciate that aspect of it. And then the position got nixed from the company I was at the other positions that offered me before, those availables weren't there anymore. So I went from like having it all together to having it not all together. And I had gone online and spent money to enroll online, but I was working. I forgot like when schooled even started, Like I would figure out like two weeks in next thing, you know, it's like, oh, I'm guaranteed a D because I missed the whole first fucking everything for this class, and I'm just like, I'm just not gonna do this. I'm on academic probation now because I enrolled in school, paid for it twice, and it just like and forgot when school started because I'm like worried about other shit, right. So it was kind of one of those things where like you I was like twenty four and they were just like I think it was one of those deals when my dad just kind of looked at it like he just isn't isn't shit, isn't gonna be shit. It was more emblematic then they wanted me to have a degree.
Speaker 2: I wonder it was like white people not being shit.
Speaker 3: You're looking at it.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a hide.
Speaker 3: Not shit, No, it's not. You just have a very narrow scope on this computer screen.
Speaker 4: Say we gotta follow him around with a camera one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we fish eye lens this thing right here at the top of this laptop. He's real bad outside of this square, and I mean real bad. There's not even walls beyond this square. I'm still going a park.
Speaker 2: That's how FEV five got on street. There was so much shit all on the couch. I said, nigga, that ship, get o camera right he got clean up.
Speaker 3: Old man, I ain't ship. I'm old, and I ain't got ship to show for it. That's truth. I'm not gonna lie if.
Speaker 2: You have this show for it.
Speaker 3: I mean, for christ I got turned forty years old this year. I mean, like everybody else that I grew up with, got a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot.
Speaker 4: A lot, like kids, every financial.
Speaker 3: Kids, families, wives, careers, how homes, retirement, all this shit. They got a lot, a lot, a lot. So it's not even close. It's not even close at all. So I don't disagree with them.
Speaker 2: Do you not look at light though? Do you not think life is supposed to run your own race.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, so what's up?
Speaker 2: And like, do you not think we're supposed to run your own race?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are, but you can run it fucked up, slow blow amstring and finished last, or you can win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're not really competing.
Speaker 3: Always competing, You're always competing. You're never not the market, your expectations, every people around you. You're always competing to such, not competing is probably not good. M hm.
Speaker 2: So you got it all right. Let's take my parents for example. Right, everybody felt that I was supposed to go to college, my older sister's family, mother. It didn't work out that way, right. I had being this pretty popular drug dealer that was a gang member, low ride and blah blah blah. So that was my first thing. I would have lost right that that w we Right.
Speaker 1: I started rapping. Everybody didn't think I was gonna be able to pull it off. I still pulled it off. Parents didn't even think I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna pull it off. Yeah, pulled it off. Did I win? No? Right?
Speaker 1: Then I started looking at other rapids right now, mind you, When I first get.
Speaker 2: In the game, I'm with game right facing g ride face.
Speaker 1: Put me on g ride. My brother pulled all these people. Game sells half a million records in the first week. Right, I barely get a record deal?
Speaker 2: Did I win?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I get a record deal. Right, I'm signing cash money records.
Speaker 1: Lil Wayne comes out, sells and million records in the first week I put out my first single.
Speaker 2: It does welp for me? Did I win?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you compete?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How do I really measure myself.
Speaker 1: Up against people that don't have the exact experiences like mine? Like the only time, like even as a rapper, Right, you know why I never felt like I was losing behind Game or behind Wayne or behind Kendrick is because.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a rapper. Where we started at was completely different.
Speaker 3: Sure, but it's like you're competing against the games on your schedule, right, So you're competing it like, let's say, because this start at the genesis of the of the diagram was not going to college and doing going from hustling to rapping, right, so you didn't have to surrender like twenty years time. So that's a when you made more money in the interim. That's a when you exceeded media and income for that path in rapping and hustling. So that's the when So compared to that starting point for week one of the schedule, you win.
Speaker 1: But if you had an older sisters, they felt I lost because I was hustling, but you didn't lose it hustling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hustling was the lass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fact that you just choose to do something illegal.
Speaker 3: But again, it's like you're down in the second quarter, but you're up out of fourth quarter because by the time you get your path manifested, now you're ahead of where you you have money and security, ahead of where you otherwise would have had had you done that path. So that's a win.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like even though the the expectations are peers put on us cannot be real, right, paroding, like because they don't tell them who we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's true. But yeah, but I think they're trying to. I think their expectation is for it is just for kind of a blanket standard typically, so you either exceed meat or fall short of that kind of blanket standard. It is kind of about pay. Some some parents are really like myself has to be specifically a doctor or specifically a lawyer. Sometimes it's very narrow. I think by a large it's just a certain a standard. You know, you're either there or you're not.
Speaker 1: What did you think your parents? What would you think your parents would have been happy if you did?
Speaker 2: What exactly? Had?
Speaker 3: What kind of career, kind of anything, just like anything that was buildable and anything that was a stable, secure career that was buildable, that was growth trajectory oriented and it was security oriented. Mm. So they were happy, like our first year at a school, were very happy with that. But I never was able to recreate that opportunity. I mean, like God, let go in a downward slump of the like a downward slump of the entire economy. Two thousand and eight was not a great year to find yourself to being newly unemployed.
Speaker 2: All right, death from the LEA. Look at my life right now?
Speaker 4: She she, she will be proud. She is proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your mom probably look at Joe. What's crazy is Joey? How hard you are on yourself? Your parents are hell of proud because they're like, man, my boy graduate high school, he take care of his kid, he got a job that got security, this, that and the third.
Speaker 4: But Joe, yeah, I made it, especially my mama.
Speaker 2: You can't you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Right to a degree, right, But the only it's like I tell you, like I tell still all the time, y'all. Problem is gonna be your intellect is a little too vast for you, like you try to take a sheep opportunity when you're a shepherd or what. And that's Peter's problem. Peter is not a fucking sheep, like the life he even compared would never work is. And I'm not saying some of his friends he grew up with are not smart or not even educated. But Pete is an intellectual, so his idea of creating is vast. His ability to listen is bad. To take in information and make it work and be his that's you, mout fuck man. Like we talk about your job, motherfucker, be at your job, motherfuckers be that's.
Speaker 2: The greatest thing in the world to them. You sitting around this mouf fucker Like, man, I was supposed to be doing so much more with my life.
Speaker 3: I felt that way one day I'll be going through that. But like I didn't have a thought in my head till I was probably thirty dead.
Speaker 2: As serious, I'm sure, Yeah, fucking bitch.
Speaker 3: I didn't. That didn't cross my mind till I was probably twenty. I don't fuck it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this time passed you by.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the fuck, but.
Speaker 2: You all remember what you was thinking about?
Speaker 3: Different? Everything was a different. My brain was was like the White House. Every few years, there was somebody else in it.
Speaker 2: So you don't know who you was.
Speaker 3: I know who I was. I didn't know what the fuck I wanted to do what I was interested in even to this day, like people like, if I meet some woman, she is, what do you like to do? Nothing? I don't know. You don't know what you like to do comedy. I don't like to do comedy. I hate doing comedy. That's why I don't do it, because I hate it. I hate doing comedy.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know that it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I hate that you going to the comedy clubs. Christ that's why I stop going. I hate I hate that ship more than I hate a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you hate doing comedy or you hate what the things?
Speaker 2: You gotta do?
Speaker 3: All of it, all of it. That's why I about.
Speaker 4: This business that I don't like, but I still enjoy doing it.
Speaker 3: I hate all of it. That's why the only way I ever wanted to do it was one very particular way. I need to write out an ace out of a special film it and sell the content and be done. I don't want to go perform it. I don't want to go to the clubs and test it. I don't want to do any of that shit you like doing. No, I don't know what I like doing just socially. There's nothing that I enjoy doing in life.
Speaker 4: How often you hit the bar and be chilling like I know you already said I was at these barbable.
Speaker 3: Not often, not off num more last like seven eight years, very rare.
Speaker 4: So you you would you be considered an introvert?
Speaker 3: I am now. I didn't used to be, but I am now.
Speaker 2: What the fuck what? You don't know what you like?
Speaker 4: No, you know a lot of shit too, That's what you got something so much shit?
Speaker 1: Fucking women for that fucking a field day with your motherfucking ass right there, like you motherfuck.
Speaker 2: I hope they be like cahol, See that's what's roll and pet like. He always asked me what happened to pee?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 3: The only the like I went from? I think when I was younger you kind of have, like your pursuing happiness. You know, I went, I had a paradigm shift probably six years ago, seven maybe maybe not even that long ago, A few years ago. I had a paradigm shift five or six years ago. I'm just it's it's just misery mitigation. At this point, all I want to do is go sit out on that balcony, smoke a cigar and just not think about it. For it now, that's all I do. Think about other things. I want to read it. I want to read an article about technology or markets. Well, I smoke a cigar for about ninety minutes, So that's all. That's not what I like. It's what I it's what I dislike.
Speaker 4: Least man, Wait the fuck, Pete, I ain't even acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Your ass is crazy, so you just truth. You gotta write that special man.
Speaker 4: All this is if this right here we're talking about all this is good for the special dog.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm putting junk bond junk bond pussy from last week. That's going in if if I ever do anything junk bond pussies.
Speaker 2: In Bill Bird is like your You're like elder twin.
Speaker 4: Mind out and Bill Burdon made it to my top five.
Speaker 3: Really, Bill Burr's a happier man than me. Bill Burr is a comedian, he's a happier guy than me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Bill Burr is happy than you.
Speaker 3: You know how I knew because Bill Burr sat down opposite Jerry Seinfeld on Comedians and Cars getting coffee and look Jerry dead in the eye and he goes, you're a real you are an angry man to Jerry Slidefeld said you you're he's a You're you do comedy a lot angrier than me, and like you can just kind of tell Bill rant but he's a happy guy. He rants, but he's a happy guy.
Speaker 2: So you he's in character.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's a caricature. He's a caricature of Pete.
Speaker 3: No, he's a caricature of his dad. Be honest. I mean you look at that TV show he did the cartoon.
Speaker 2: You need to just have uh fucking ship where you just talk about shit. You don't like.
Speaker 3: That's all I do.
Speaker 2: The kid Pete.
Speaker 3: That would be god man. If if I had a kid, you know what happened, you know what I would do every day? I would call that fucking department at the county and tell them to take this kid away. If I had a kid, I'd be calling what's a child Protective Services on myself three four times a day. They blocked my number.
Speaker 2: How did you get to this space, bro to where you're just so unhappy with existing.
Speaker 3: Years of practice or hurt.
Speaker 2: Yourself and nothing?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: You ain't that saying I don't like everybody?
Speaker 3: Drive home?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that's not you don't like yourself. You just don't like everything else.
Speaker 3: That's both. But I mean you don't like You don't.
Speaker 2: Dislike yourself enough to hurt yourself.
Speaker 3: I can't afford it.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: See there's the thing. I got really bad luck, right, like you acknowledge that I got notoriously unlucky. Right. Here's why I can't hurt myself because I fuck up too much. Shit. If I tried to hurt myself, I would you know what I would end up hurt? I didn't. I would just be like long term injured. I'd be like what now. Look, I'd be like, well now I can't even get my ass out there to smoke my cigar.
Speaker 4: I was stuck over there.
Speaker 2: We get a wheelchair at the patio door with a I'd.
Speaker 3: Have half my face missing and I'd be sitting there just like for the next forty years, with better medication, probably fifty years, just be like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck, Yeah, we gotta get you. You need a therapist. Call no.
Speaker 3: Remember remember those two girls who did the podcast and then they yeah, and they had the therapist come on like a few episodes and they.
Speaker 4: Can try to like get the therapist on me.
Speaker 3: And all me and all me and on me, and the therapist was like, no, this guy hate the need no therapy. You knows exactly who he is, exactly what's around him. That's just how the fuck he feels. She conceded it pretty quickly, crying. She was like, there's no asymmetry, there's no disconnect here that could be fixed with therapy. It's just what it is. And I was like, thank you. It was very vindicating. I enjoyed it very much.
Speaker 2: We had her mad. You like it, you liked it. I don't know if you might just I don't know, you know what, I'll preak, I'll break for the bath. That's your ass is crazy. Your ass.
Speaker 3: It's called worse.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning into the note Sellers Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by my homeboys A King for the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.