Speaker 1: What are you guys doing back there? I love.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: How's your left knee doing? What do you when do you do that? Turf?
Speaker 2: Last week in Minnesota got me those terf snakes man, goodness, gracious, that's slit turf.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure.
Speaker 2: It's like one of four slit turf fields left and uh, statistically the most dangerous turf to play on.
Speaker 1: So it's right though, I'll be all right.
Speaker 2: What's your uh your thumkern on?
Speaker 1: What what's going on with this offense? Seven seventeen points three games in a row.
Speaker 2: Is there a common element why you're not scoring more points turnovers?
Speaker 1: I would say I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like, I don't read the stats every single week. I don't feel like as an offense we're running the ball a lot or very much or very well. I think is one number one thing just doesn't feel like it.
Speaker 1: You know, we might. I don't know what the stats are.
Speaker 2: I know that ever since I've been a forty nine er, uh, you know, outside zone has been like our umber one thing, and I just don't know. We know we've penalties the last three weeks, so it's kind of hard to run the ball when it's first and twenty second and fifteen, Like, it's hard to run the ball in those situations, so we have to rely on the pass. And when you have to rely on the pass, it makes you one dimensional. And one of the best things that we do is run the football, and we just put ourselves in situation where we can't run the football, and whether that's turnovers, whether that's penalties, whether it's getting down in the fourth quarter, there's no.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, what are is going to fix this? Right?
Speaker 2: We have a very good, talented football team, we have good coaches, and we're just not winning the game right now. And to me, you know, just being you know, a tight end that usually like tip the spear, we had to run the football outside zone. I just hopefully we've been able to do that because of penalties and turnovers and us being a one dimensional football team isn't very good. Well several of those turnovers. What do you seek for Brock?
Speaker 1: What do you see for Broc today?
Speaker 2: I mean, broxs the reason we're in every single game. Brocks a reason we win football games. He's our quarterb. He's a very skilled football player. I think Kyle probably said it his first interception, that's a shovel place, so it's either pitch it to me or hand it off. And you know, I think he might have predetermined it and tried to, you know, give me a you know, give me a shot at the shovel, but it wasn't there, and then you try to make a play and hey, they made a better play. I mean, I I don't sit back there. Quarterbacks. There's two positions of football I would never want to play, and that's quarterback and cornerback. So you know those are uh, you know, two tough positions and I don't want you know, the only thing I'd ask for Ick to do is, hey man.
Speaker 1: Trying to throw interceptions. I don't know. Turnovers are hard, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna put myself back in that in his shoes and say, oh, I wouldn't have made that throw.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it takes to play quarterback. I don't play that position.
Speaker 2: All I know is that it's hard to win football games when you lose a turnover battle, which we've done two weeks in a row. And we obviously just have to play better, and we had to put our seven situations where we can run the football more and we don't throw the ball so many times. Rock after the game. You know, one thing I love about Brock is he's very hard on himself and he's very like he can look in the mirror and say, hey, I know I need to play better. I'm not gonna say that he needs to play better. We needed to turn the ball over less, and you know he was. He's gonna be fine. I'm not worried about Brock. He's the reason that we win football games as an offense. You see the thirty points the game in the first five weeks, that's Brock purty and that's it's Kyle Shanean scheming us up and doing a bunch of stuff. But that's Brock making plays. I mean, then you see Brock, was that the drive to get us you know, get it kind of close?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: He makes all these awesome rollout plays and he's throwing it back across his body, giving us an opportunity to win.
Speaker 1: You know, That's that's what Brock does.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna get better from this. I think we're gonna get better from this. I know we're gonna get better from it. And you look back, Hey, last year, I think we're sitting at three and four we had. Christian McCaffrey added that we still lost and we're like, oh, what do we need to fix? We just seem to play better. And that's the overall theme. We just seem to play better. And I also, losing your third game going into a bye week, Ah, that's not really fun. But the good news is is it kind of you sit on that. It's kind of faster and it's going to be really annoying. And am I gonna be able to enjoy.
Speaker 1: My bye week?
Speaker 2: I will, but the back of my head is just going to be like, let's stop stop losing, and how am I going to be better? What can I do better? And there's like three or four plays that I probably could have been better in that football game. And you know, we'll come back and we'll look at the film and I'm gonna play better.
Speaker 1: Over Confident Dallas thirty two. No, I don't think it's a confidence thing.
Speaker 2: You look at the like we going to Cleveland, and you know, I wouldn't say overconfident. We should be confident because of the players and the staff that we have. Like, I'm not worried about that. I think it's a you look at Cleveland what do we have fifteen penalties? You can't win a football game with fifteen penalties and multiple turnovers, like, I mean, you can. It's just really, you know, we had an opportuny to win at the end, we didn't. And I don't think it's an overconfidence thing. I think it's a grant. I can't give you an answer on why we're losing sides turnovers. I don't think we're running the ball enough, and situationally, I don't think we can run the ball because of where the situation we're putting ourselves in. And well, I mean also I think you know, we have an offense with explosive players all over the football field, and you know we can win these games. And we had an opportunity down there. We're seventeen to ten and hey, we have a turnover. Turnovers really hurt you. And you know, I'm not gonna there's no point of fingers like that. Like there's players that the players that we made all over the football field. But it's hard to win football games when you have three turnovers.
Speaker 1: Usually this is uh, when you when this team is rolling, keep it going.
Speaker 2: Is it weird to start so well and didn't have this it's supposed to maybe start slow.
Speaker 1: And finish withrow. I mean, Losy is weird in general. I hate it. It sucks.
Speaker 2: I'd much rather win. But you know, years past, like you, we backed ourselves into a corner, you know, backs against the wall, whatever it was, and you know, we dug down and we went on runs and we're able to put ourselves in positions to get into the playoffs. And you know, what's football without a little adversity. And you don't want it to be easy all the time. You want to go through these grimy games, these crappy games. I guess you know you'd prefer to win them. But I think we have the team. We have the man on this team that are gonna respond well to adversity. We're gonna do our best and we're gonna out there and we're gonna play at a high level. We wanna play better the outside zone. Our team, you know, our defense is selling out to stop that more so than they have in the past. I mean, first play the game is outside zone with eight yards, you can sell out against it. There's certain plays that we run, we run better than anybody else. It's a copycat league. You see people run them all over the league, and they don't run them nearly as well as us. You don't have the offensive line, the tight ends, the full back, the running back that runs like we do, the wide receivers a block downfield like we do. Like I said, it's I love running outside zone because when you have outside zone, you get to run play action, boot legs, keepers all off of it. And when you have turnovers and you have penalties and you're playing behind sticks and you're playing down on, it's hard to run the football and get access to all those plays. And so we need to be cleaner up front early on, so then we can continue to run the football, run outside zone, run some gap scheme, and be the physical four nine ers offense that you know we know in love.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, no, thank you