Speaker 1: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here, the Fred Smoot, the Mouth of the South, and Santana Moss maybe the.
Speaker 2: Coolest guy though, Oh that superla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think I I was thinking about it earlier today. I was like, who's the coolest guy I know? And it's probably Santana.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's dunk, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, college, he was already know he got old.
Speaker 1: Because he's old day. He's an old old time you do. Yeah, you do have like an old old vibe to you though, like you like, uh, you know, like what's that thing like where you just kind of like get the stories and the vibe and the chill.
Speaker 3: But this is when we was like twenty.
Speaker 5: Like he wasn't supposed to raise by a lot of older folks my grandma right, me too. Now, Yeah, I was I was that guy to I mean, you know, I was that kid that when I was in I was at home, all the older kids would come get me to the play ball.
Speaker 2: Eighteen years old, I mean eleven, Hey, come on here and play ball.
Speaker 6: Say so, you know, I was always an a lot of the older guys when I was able to be would be a leader amongst my level headed want you to be that guy amongst the guys my age always led because I did a good job of like breaking us up from fighting at to play for all Americans.
Speaker 3: You know you did a good job.
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened? You know how?
Speaker 2: You know how things is?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know how you get heated with words and.
Speaker 4: You get twenty five of the best college the top college players, and you take him, move, you put him in one wound.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be some some burbal sparring right there.
Speaker 2: Smooth Smooth just talked so much trash. I ain't never really want to fight nobody.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 6: You want to fight Smooth, and you can't fight him because it's like you just laughing.
Speaker 2: Inside you hurt because you might to say somethingody.
Speaker 1: But the truth hurts.
Speaker 4: I'm only gonna say the truth. Me and Freddy Millings always had this thing.
Speaker 1: Freddie he was he was.
Speaker 4: He was a popular football player ed Alabama, but even from Mississippi, and he played wide receiver and they were giving him all the Heisman love and stuff like that. So he came in there with this swag and I'm like, man, you stink alright, last time I played you, you had as many catches as it dead man. Then indeed, I got telling him there like, nah, that's the WHI receiver, that's the wire receiver. You can't even run routes. You're glorified running back, Oh my god, because slip screens. He would take him to the house. But I was like, man, when the last time you ran a fifteen yard comeback, we ain't ran a dead I like.
Speaker 1: How he said that, Like you said, you were trying to get him man all under his smooth.
Speaker 6: Was playing mind game with him before he you knew what time.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's so crazy about the situation, Like.
Speaker 6: You hear names Freddie Miller's back like he was. They probably had me like he was reward for you. No, no, they used to put him at quarterback and just run. So when So when I got amongst all those guys and started hearing that, he just broke down everybody.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like, I gotta watch certain dudes.
Speaker 6: Because the other guy who was good too, he was a cornerback, Fletcher, Jabari Fletcher. He was so good and he went in and everything that they said about him while he was at Playball American.
Speaker 2: When you watched everybody play, they kind of, you know.
Speaker 1: Live up to the to the hype.
Speaker 2: Fred did this thing again.
Speaker 6: I had knew about Fred coming in because he was so he was talked about Hoghy. So I went back and watched buildings. I'm like, I'm listening to what Fred said, and the year wasn't the same. I'm like, damn, Fred in his head that it went from like people picked and you ain't about they played for.
Speaker 4: The Pittsburgh Still yeah, but it never never caught on like now in today's he would be like, yes.
Speaker 6: But Fred kind of actually too made a guy like myself and I know, you know, I want to be too long on it. Just made sure you come with your a game because like he knows everything about everybody I'm gonna study. I knew he was gonna be watching. I'm like, I gotta go out here.
Speaker 1: Think it's like, how are you studying people? Like there was no internet? You were like going it was the birth of the Inn. We ain't that Damn. It was two thousand, two thousand and one. So the reason I thought this was like eighty and.
Speaker 4: I did a good job of using my college college offices to get into. I want it like I was very much studious, like like I want to know everything about this job so I can really unleash on them.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, let's I can't wait to hear what you gotta say about the bills, because we have the bills this week. Bill. That's exciting. Bill. First and most important thing we got to talk about is what is this environment gonna be? Like crazy? I think so right that crop I.
Speaker 6: Wanted to be sold. I wanted to be crazy. I want the atmosphere to be That's what you got to expect. Also, now, you know, I think the one thing we can say to just you know, just to add to what we're gonna have the bills travel you know, they they got will be there before we even had the change of ownership and all that. I'm pretty sure they tickets was already there. Yeah, you know what I mean, So we have to deal with a lot of them gonna be there too. But I think it's gonna be a great atmosphere, just knowing both teams are capable of going out there to have, you know, put on a good game. You know we're gonna we're gonna come Wait, with the du that's gonna speaking to exist or not.
Speaker 4: You know, the whole feel advantage we haven't had for twenty years is back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's worth three points in the inny game.
Speaker 4: Like, so at the end of the day, if the fans can start that ruck. Its talking about a guy like Josh Allen. Now he need is one or two bad players to try to start to push and start to make them be a hero. Like the one thing about Josh Allen, he'll go and start a drive.
Speaker 1: And wanted to be a fourteen point drive like that don't happen, Like I like you said that.
Speaker 3: No, so he would try to get it all back.
Speaker 4: And I think the fans don't know how much they can impose their wheel on a quarterback that thinks like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny you mentioned that because I was watching watch a little bit of film and obviously the Giant the Jets game was not great for him. Yeah, struggle big time. They came out against the Las Vegas Raiders and they were so conservative early they were almost like trying to take the ball out of his hands, like slow the game down a little bit, like let him get settled in, you know. And so for a guy like that, how do you contain him? Is my question? Because, like you watch him, he's got highest completion percentage of the I felt, it's like seventy seven percent, which is crazy high. He's uber talented. Like you watch him make throws, bro, and you're just like, like, no one hears the gifted. Yeah, no one on earth can do that. But then he also goes through fits like what you're talking about. My question is how do you get him into that state of mind or he's he's having those.
Speaker 6: You got to take away who is comfortable guy? Yes, you know, everybody have somebody that there, Higgs Diggs. I mean, I think he's what Josh Allen has probably watch seventy completions I say roughly seventy from what I was looking up, and sixteen to seventeen them Diggs, Diggs, Giggs and everybody else just fall in line.
Speaker 2: Somebody got eight somebody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So take away that guy and then say, okay, what now, now beat us with these other guys. And that's what you have to do with guys like Josh. Also, you take away somebody that he's comfortable with. Now you might get that, you know, Josh Allen that's out there. He's itching to do something and he goes out there and throw you one or two of them. You know what I'm saying. So that's what I've seen from just watching the guy. And it's gonna be a sloppy game too, to make their relationship hard.
Speaker 4: Like one thing we know about Josh Allen, he's combustible when it comes to turnovers, but his receiver is combustible when it comes to personality and attitude.
Speaker 1: So if I'm playing him on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Over there, Josh talking to him, turning back, listen to me if.
Speaker 1: I can get you there.
Speaker 4: And I know one thing about step Fun he gonna want to put on a show on his home time.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna want to put out. So I'm telling the DV right now, we're gonna take him out of here.
Speaker 4: If you backside with Gabriel Davis, you got him, you got him. But we're finna take him out this game. And by halftime we need to have them bickery.
Speaker 3: We need to have them.
Speaker 6: You gotta have you gotta have Digs two roundy, because Digg's gonna he Digs can put on the show on anybody so you want to get a guy like his head early and often you know what I mean, just to get him going back and forth with you to get mad at jo Josh and now we go now you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, it's crazy because when you watch the Jets game for example, like obviously they have a great format rush the New York Jet student created a lot of pressure. But what I did, like is they what Robert Slow was very aggressive in certain situations with like tight coverages man match and then also he kind of bounced back and his own plays plays on and you could see you could see Josh wanting to make a play yep, and he was trying so hard, but it's a soft zone and he didn't want to check the ball dout.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to be patient, you meant him like two years ago, everybody used to play homes like that, like I give you this five yards, but if you're not willing to take this five yards, we get you. We gonna pick the ball up, We're gonna turn it over. That's how you had to play, Josh. And if you get closer to the red zone, how you got to play tough, hard, cup of tools, hard cover foolah.
Speaker 3: And make him wait it out.
Speaker 1: And with this D line, yeah, I think that's a big thing. That's the thing that I think changes this. Yeah, like let's talk about the D line real quick. Obviously we know our guys, but you know they've got Spencer Brown playing right tackle, who is a guy that is a third year player out of a small school and is not super consistent as a past projector. He's like one of those guys is like hyper athletic, but like never it's not technically sad. Yeah, it doesn't have a good feel for like past pro like where my angle is, how my it should be, and so like Max Crosby, just put that man at the bladder, you know what I'm saying. And then with Huff, the backup rotational guy for the Jets, also did a good job. So I'm saying, how does he handle my test sweat? Osirius Torreans is a rookie from Florida who's playing pretty good, but he hasn't played anybody.
Speaker 4: Like Josh h Yeah, so they got holes on that offensive line, and don't forget that it's also an offensive line that's proven itself to be spotty.
Speaker 1: When you watch him, Like even Dion Dawkins, who's their left tackle, maybe their best player. He's super inconsistent.
Speaker 3: Spotty, like that's what you get from this outfense.
Speaker 4: And that's why I say number one thing, take step fun Digs out.
Speaker 2: Of the game.
Speaker 1: Now, let's see who y'all are. I think that's the key.
Speaker 2: And just just looking at what they did in game one.
Speaker 6: In game two, game two, they threw the ball to James Cook a lot out the backfield.
Speaker 2: That's how they moved the ball.
Speaker 6: A lot besides Digg's doing his thing. And then game two they got into I guess you caught it because you know the person that thirteen when he got two or three tight ends.
Speaker 1: So twelve would be uh two tight ends.
Speaker 2: So they had three tight ends, so thirteen they had.
Speaker 6: Thirteen three tight ends and they rant the ball with James Cook and he's not a guy, you know.
Speaker 1: He got a big, yep guy.
Speaker 2: He's an outside guy.
Speaker 6: So with that being said that they're going to have to you know, add to when we see those packages, we should already think okay, you know, but with that being said too, I'm sure they got in their head showed them pass out of this.
Speaker 1: Well. They also have Latavious Murray and he had a really good game, and so what I'm saying, he's a little bit different stylistically, didn't didn't cook.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, he's between the.
Speaker 1: Tackles, so they gave him Like one of the runs I watched earlier today was thirteen personnel Latavius Murray just bag talking about Deaton face last dude, he is running.
Speaker 4: Down him and Rodriguez run very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah to that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, they changed faces on our fits and that's what they try to do.
Speaker 3: They try to go.
Speaker 4: From spreading you out three four, five y to condensing you in to attack him.
Speaker 6: So so I say all that to say this, I'm wondering how this game is gonna be, just knowing it's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Little slight especially Yeah, it's a great point it's.
Speaker 6: Supposed to be, and you would think both teams are going to lean on the run game now to try to you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, get it plays into our hand. Yeah, because the run game does two things. It gives you defense time to rest, but it also makes sure Josh Allen is on the sideline watching the game the list plays he played. The more it goes up with our chances to win the game. That's what I call weaponizing the run game. You repronize the one game and literally get twenty five to twenty eight rushes. That mean you literally got probably gonna have twenty more plays than the other offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so the other thing about Josh Allen wanted to bring up is he's a guy that seems to excel when he's off schedule. You know what I'm saying, he seems to play breakdown. So as a defender Tanna or smooth like, are you trying to keep him in the pocket? You know what I'm saying, Are you try to keep in the pocket and play those soft coverages or you try to get after him with the past rush Because I feel like it's it's this weird balance because you want him to be uncomfortable, but if you get him off the spot, he's running around doing this thing. He can put the ball anywhere, man like being a.
Speaker 2: Great thing, Big Ben.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 4: The great thing about it is we we we're bestially we're not a pressure team. We have four man rushed, so that allows us the four men rushing back up into zones and still have seven people to play on the place.
Speaker 1: So we're finding that way.
Speaker 4: But I am telling my defensive ends this week, we're rushing up only to a certain depth.
Speaker 3: Then you need to stop and get your hands up.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be we need.
Speaker 4: To knock down in between three or five balls. Yeah, if you do that, we win this game.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think the plan looks like what they did versus Russell Wilson? You know they had a couple with the spy, they had a couple with they had like it was a it was a it was a for bad rush. But they're blitzing the back or they're dropping a defense like they had some different kind.
Speaker 6: Of And I'm and I'm one of those guys that don't pay too close attention to, you know, the different schemes when its coming guys. But just from what he was talking about, I watched that against Russell, especially in the second half when I say, when when our ends got feel too much, he picked that.
Speaker 2: Lane and his ran.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't think that their offense looking at that saying this is what we can do on them with a quarterback like you know, Josh Allen. So I'm sure I guys, you know they're really on those guys telling them guys, hey, we get a feel and not condense that pocket like you.
Speaker 2: Want to push them in.
Speaker 6: So it's interesting you said that because I never knew that about us just watching it and your defensive guys still watching that differently. But when you have a guy like that that can be a spy in Jamie Davis and all those guys.
Speaker 2: You kind of want them.
Speaker 6: You want them to escape because I got a guy run you down and force you to do something stupid with the ball.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I've been watching ja like Chase sat Russell Will said, like his something.
Speaker 4: Man, you gotta watch out for a play like simply them going four wide, five wide, tight end and there and then running quarterback draws. Like when you do that, you make it to where you paralyze the coaching from calling different things. And this is what he want to do. Even if they don't want no yards at the quarterback draw, they won't let you know. This is a hot play today and this is we're gonna use this plus screen l to slow down this pass. Rush y'all got it home.
Speaker 1: And they did. They did against U Las Vegas. They did run some really cool draws. You know, like kind of sprint draws where the front side guards hooking the three technique and they're making these huge creechures and I will say, like they have really wide splits on offense right, which is sometimes beneficial for guys like paid who can win one on ones, but it creates a lot of air, especially in those four wide receiver sets, So that'll be really interesting. Another instring matchup is Dalton Kinkaid. That's their first round pick from Utah. Interesting guy there who who batches up with them?
Speaker 4: You brought up I was gonna say Jamie Day, but then you made me think of something. He's gonna probably be spying most of the day. So it'll be Cameron Currol. And this's a guy that you could say, this is your job all week. We ain't thinking about you. You go, you worry about the tight end position, make sure they get nothing there.
Speaker 1: I'm Philly. I I could go in with a game.
Speaker 4: Plan like that and know that it's gonna be okay because Jim Curll playing high level football right now, so in then I could also do a lot of run robber I could do also, like Saint Juice could match up with him. Sat Juice couldn't match up. But also if you do that with Saint Juice, where's Cameron Curle in their play?
Speaker 1: Cause you know, I mean I think he's That's the thing about it is he's been great in the post or that like kind of lurk role. You know, he almost says an interception against Arizona kind of player that look bracket position. So I think that's something that they have flexibility with that. And so to me, then you mentioned this too. Cook. Cook is the other guy that like, how do you account for him? Because he he was very explosive and productive against Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: He's one of the guys that you almost think that we would use somebody that can you know, you know, have the speed to keep up with him. You know, I don't want to see a linebackers sometimes we end up having our linebackers on guys like that. But I would hope that we have uh, either that kind of play that we play what it's called again y'all y'all know so well we have the safeties on the field.
Speaker 1: Oh like the like the dying packages.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hope hopefully we have one of those guys that's picking him upbout the backfield because.
Speaker 1: He is receiver.
Speaker 6: We're not sure, you know, how how much of a dose they gonna give him out the backfield. But I think he's more of that kind of running back.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not going back. You brought it up.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be wet in the screen game, you know what this lead They go through the ball regard.
Speaker 3: You don't catch the ball.
Speaker 4: But if I'm looking at James Cook versus this defensive line, who's gonna wear down first, It's gonna be James.
Speaker 1: Because they don't use him like that. Though. It's like they find ways to get him. Touches in space, touches to the perimeter, like we talked about. You know obviously uh uh Denver did the same thing, right, Touches to the perimeter. I think he's a guy that could do that and also touches catch the ball out of the backfield. Yeah, So that's why I think Taylor brings up a good point. It's like he's not like a receiver. They don't use him like light it up out there like that. But he does run choices, he does run angles, he does run slants. So you gotta have somebody who could match that skill set.
Speaker 4: No, No, most definitely, you got to have somebody, but you do it as a collective because, like I told you, Josh Allen has dictated for the coordinated which you cannot run.
Speaker 3: Forget what you can run.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be in more zone than we are man and man.
Speaker 4: It's gonna simply because we cannot turn our back to the Josh ally so debt paralyzed you in your call plays.
Speaker 1: You can't run two man, so you can't run two man under.
Speaker 4: You can only run if you're gonna run man, it has to be legit streate man to man with the two hole guys, the safety being able to come down. Other than that, it's gonna be his own blitzes Cover two and cover four.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's a pretty good breakdown of what the Bills bring offensively. Let's talk about what our offense is gonna see versus their defense. Okay, so first off, they've got a lot of draft capital invested in their defensive line. That Oliver Rousseau jf Ands is a second round pick. Floyd is hurt, at least he was hurt earlier this week. You know, we don't know if he's gonna play or not. He's a former first round pick. How do you feel about that matchup with regards to our offensive line versus that defensive front.
Speaker 4: It's all about the speed that Buffalo got. The speed on the edge is give us problems. And I think the great part about it because we have played two games, we know where our weaknesses are, right, so we know where their screens are.
Speaker 1: Our weaknesses are.
Speaker 4: So if I and Coach ban mean, I come out and I run at these defensive beings, I run off tackle at these defensive beings, I wear them down.
Speaker 1: So when we get to third down, past rushing won't.
Speaker 4: Be a one hundred percent And because they get up the field so much, I would not be shocked that we saw a lot of tidy end screens, a lot of quick bubble screens against this team.
Speaker 6: Yea to say, but their strength that they want to pass rush. When they had your boy playing Miller, he's not around, So now their strength is being mostly in the inside.
Speaker 1: All right, So yeah, at Oliver's an interior defensive player. Yeah, but he's not the biggest so yeah, he's a small guy. He's he When he came out, everyone compared him to Aaron Donald because of the body type. But again I think he's he's not He's not that player. You can run at him, Yeah, you can run at him. But then like Greg Russo is a big man, he's from Miami, you're six six, but uh yeah, I think Teddy, you bring up an excellent point there, like they want to rush the passer, but they don't have All those guys are relatively young, they're relatively raw. The haven't really developed the way I think they were hoping.
Speaker 4: And far was that guy this past rush we got ten sacks, they pass rush got three. They got as many as Montes. So they're having problem to get to the passer. So what do you do as a coordinator? When you do that, you start to panic and start the call blitz is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think that's who they want to be because obviously the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: When but when you have safety, defense coordinator is the hit coach the hit Also he used to coach under coach Rivera, but now we got coach at B enemy, which he don't know this offense like he would have been on the Scott Turner offense. So the thing about it is, if I got I got Michael Hyde, is safety I got your Davis White out there. I'm saying, we can handle these guys man the man, but if we don't add somebody to the rush, we will not get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always think of that that Carolina defense as being like that more conservative cover three. Obviously they've they've changed. Yeah, it's got some more man principles, but they do want to When I look at the defense of the way it's built, I feel like they want to play with the lead, right they and they want to play with the lead there. They've got really good coverage guys who aren't necessarily like the best tacklers. They've got Mike Bolano in the middle, who's an excellent he's.
Speaker 2: Having phenomen Yeah, I think they linebacker's got the day lead. The team with picts right now.
Speaker 4: Stays around about He's the guy I'm worried about because he's the guy they cannot only get out to the pass when he's a to B. He's the guy that can actually get out there and take out tight end away by himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they want to do that. So I think that's an interesting philosophy there is. If you were to run at them, they're a little bit undersized, they're fast, but like, can you put in the phone booth a little bit and kind of make it sloppy and make it can the dB keep hitting b Rod because you know you mentioned what's his name, Michael Hyde, Jordan Michael Hides on the injury report, Jordan Poyer. But like they're not they're good tacklers, but they're not like big guys, they're not hitters tackle. Yeah, so what if you were to just kind of lead on them a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to. I mean, you got to have one of those games.
Speaker 6: You gotta have one of those games too, man, you gotta, you know, we gotta, we gotta make a statement and say this is how we're going to play it home, you know what I mean? And I think when you watch how those guys flew around at our first home game, that's what they showed.
Speaker 2: They end up saying that this is this is who we're gonna be.
Speaker 6: And they took that it carried it carried over and went to Denver and they didn't play that the first half but did in the second half. So we got to set the tone early as a defense.
Speaker 2: To show those guys.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking about our defense but offensively too offensively, I don't think we really show who our identity.
Speaker 2: We don't have an identity right now.
Speaker 6: Whatever we need to be, we we we, we predict, we dictate whatever. I mean, whatever you guys are showing us, we're gonna basically say this is how we're gonna run our offense because of what you're giving to us. We're gonna we want to be the dictators on both sides. But I think offensively, you know these guys, I like the reason I like, you know this offense that came from Kansas City is because you can actually just be somebody different every week.
Speaker 2: You can. You can go out there and say it's a different stile.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be heavy with my tight ends or I'm gonna be heavy in the passing and the receivers. Well, you know what, matter of fact, we're gonna screen game you because you're giving us, you know.
Speaker 4: Because we can't block you up. Like it's whatever you have to give us right now. And when you play a good team with a good offense, I'm telling you, the run game is your best friend.
Speaker 1: The run game shortens the game.
Speaker 4: Think about when we beat Philly last year, we shorten that game, Jalen.
Speaker 3: Hurt, he have his stats because he didn't play enough.
Speaker 4: You want to beat these guys, be rob We'll be Antonio Gibson, Rodriguez. We will be the reason we beat them. This won't be one on the outside. This will be one in three yards and a cloud of dust.
Speaker 1: I'm wann to push back on that a little bit because I do think you have to run the football, but you also have to get first downs. Like so when I was in San Francisco, Kyle Shanahan, he wants to run the ball. That's like a big part of that offense. It's a big part of the play action. Keepers all that stuff kind of usually get to set stuff up. One of the things he said is like, you know, you get these statistics where it's like, oh, if we rush the ball for twenty five times a game, we win the game. He's like, that's a nonsense statistic. It is because we've possessed the football enough to run that many offensive plays. Does that make sense? What A yeah? Yeah. So I think like as much as people say, oh, we got to run the football, we need to do something to have offensive efficiency. And I think I think in the second half of that game against Denver, running the football screens was the answer. But in this game, it might be quick game, it might be whatever.
Speaker 6: So do you think it's more of a should we find a way to be balanced? Because if you think about what coaches spoke on last week, he said that's what he thought that helped that offense beficient. I don't care about the race yet I stood out in that game to me, just like we may play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's kind of what I'm saying about race. Yet it's not so much we got to run the ball. It's like we got to convert on first down or on third down? Right, you got to be affiicient on first down? What does that look like? Because like, for example, I was watching uh the the uh the Bills Vegas game and they come out the Bills doing that. You can tell they're really worried. They run the ball twice. It's third and eight, third and nine, and they got to throw the ball at everybody in the stadium knows what's happening to get exotic blist packets. That's not setting the quarterback up. It's not send the offense up to be successful. Like if you can get to second and five, we get to third and one, we get a first down on second down. That's what I think, that's what people need to understand. It's like the running game becomes synonymous with possessing the football, But you can possess like you can't possess the football just running the ball.
Speaker 4: You're right, And I should have used another word for that and just said we need to win the time of position. Whoever wins the time of possession wins these game, especially with the weather, mother nature having something.
Speaker 1: And so that's where I'm kind of curious to cut you off, like, is do you have to throw the ball because of the weather.
Speaker 4: Well, sometime mother nature dictates what we have to do, especially when I consider us. If I had to look at these two teams and say who's the better running team, we would be the better running team. Plus we're at home and we understand our turf better than they understand our turf. And like you said, quick passing game, but that's what I want the defense to think. I'm finna go quick passing game. Now I'm in the double move like everything plays off.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, were saying the same thing, and I think the tennis point like Ultimately it comes down to making plays. Can he be put the guys in position to make plays and that is running and pass it. And I think it's what we're saying. It's like, it's not just go out here, let's put the middle bar down, the face mask and put the neck.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, like if I look at this game and the nuts and I'm like, well, we defeated him. Why did we defeat because Josh Allen had to sit on the side And.
Speaker 1: Again, like you bring up the Philly game and like they were pretty consistent, run run, but the thing that made that offensive performance excellent was third down. They were incredibly especially in the first half. So I just wanted to just wanted to bring that up. So another one that's interesting is logan Thomas may or may not play. We don't know yet who steps up and fills his shoes and what can we expect from that back.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a duo.
Speaker 6: I think Turn has been doing, you know, a fabous job with the little reps and he's been but Baits actually stood up and showed last week that we can trust in him. So I think that's only going to bring more opportunity for baits. You know what I mean, Like that pass down phield one I know he want back is he did a little sit down and try to go too fast. We all had those problems. If you're a pass catcher, you done been in those shoes before. When he tried to get head and turn up the ball, I know he's probably kicking this UF man. That is the easiest catch I probably would have had all games. But he still showed us that he's a guy that you can lean on.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Bas is base fifty to fifty. When he's in the game, we could be running, could be passed. Does he does a great job of not undressing the deef I mean the outfense. Like the one thing we do know when certain people come in, certain things finna happen.
Speaker 1: Now Cole, he needs to get better at his run.
Speaker 4: Blocking, so when he does come in, it ain't all pass pass pass alert, pass alert, pass alert. But no, I'm looking for him to go make This is a tight end game. If it started raining and it's nasty, it becomes a running back offensive line tight end game.
Speaker 1: You think Curtis is up this week? If flowgan and stop playing, Curtis yeah, he has to be up. He has not a choice. I forgot. He has to be up if Logan is not there. So it's one thing. Like I said, it becomes a phone booth game. All right, all right, so this is this is a good question by the producer. What are our advantages in this cave in your opinion, offensively and defensively?
Speaker 2: Home field is one?
Speaker 4: Okay, all we finally got a home field home feeling.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Two, I would say we're not We're not. We're not a team that, like I just spoke about, I don't know about Wordy're right. We don't have something that the defense can come and say, we're gonna hang o.
Speaker 1: Hair got to need to take them away. The defense from.
Speaker 6: Bills can't come in and say, well, they gonna run the ball on this. You don't know what we're gonna do. You don't know because because the ability is one of the things that I've noticed and just just from I said, I get a kick out of watching these guys a little more than say just talking off some of you read or something you saw, you know, live. It's hard to really you know, dictate what's going on when you watch him. Now, it seems to me that E B is putting our young quarterback in great spots, great situations where he's he's moving the ball to the point that's getting them in short, uh, second and long, I mean second and short, third and short.
Speaker 2: So we how we got there.
Speaker 6: We were in a situation now to where I don't have to sit I don't have to worry about dropping him back, trying to find trying to heave his ball down the field and make a first down. You're putting them in in those areas where whatever player I designed up, whether we run the ball, where we give a dump off, we're gonna accomplish them a couple of yards that we need. So I just think it's it's about how he's calling the players on first and second down. That's getting a quarterback in a comfortable state where he don't have to be a hero, you know what I mean. And so I think that's gonna be vital for what we do this week. Knowing it's gonna be sloppy, how we you know, out there and say should we should we scream them knowing not, you know, knowing we could throw a scream in wet wet grass. Those guys gotta run and try to stop those linemen and all that stuff. It's gonna be hard for the defense to know what's going on all the time. So that's why I'm saying, I'm gonna be watching to see how we go about that bitute. But I think those two about advantage.
Speaker 4: I think we got the advantage in a couple of spots, especially.
Speaker 1: When you go positional.
Speaker 4: Oh right, you go positional. You know they got us at quarterback. You know that ain't one of those things out quarterbacks just too young, you know, to go ahead to head with this guy. Fire the stats and stuff like that. I think we got the best. We got the better running backs, both of old lines. I could see being comfortable to each other. But maybe we'll tag bit better tight ends. I think that's the wash right there.
Speaker 1: Uh DB's linebackers.
Speaker 4: I think they're very talented, like we're very talented on there. But I might get them a linebacker. I get them, not lineback, but I give us the now defensive back. I think we got a deeper group. I think they got your Davuts White. They got their number one, We got our number one, called it. They got their safeties and we got safety de fro ain't like. But then you bring in a person butler, and then you bring in the same juice and then like we keep we keep running them out of there, liked. I truly don't know if they secure. Opposite of tra Davy is white. I think whoever that corner is on that other side, you know how y'all get that corner and say we're gonna put that work in and y'all run like new our receivers out there every other play. I think it'll be that type of warfare over there. Then with it being at home, I think we have unique advantages in that. I think the coaches watch each other out, but the unpredictability of our offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Not enough film on them yet.
Speaker 4: Not enough habits giving out yet. That's the advantage. And I have to say special teams gives the nod to us. Spent trestway, it gives the the nod to us because we have those minute on paper victories. I think it gives a chance to edge this one.
Speaker 1: Now it's a defensive line, like, I mean, that's that's our that's our bell cow right, Yeah, And they gotta play well. If they play well, it gives us a shot if they don't play well, it's gonna be all the day for us. I think I think we are very talented at the back in our linebackers are talented. But when you look at Josh Allen to what he does, like, you got to unsettle him. The best way, I don't how to do that is with a format of rush, dropping a coverage, give him some different looks, but get those coverage players back out there so you're not these one on one matchups offensively, ten, I think you bring up a great point, like what's the tool? Like that? That flexibility is nice because as much as you want to say the the Buffalo offense is really dynamic. It's a very it's very specific. It's got we got to throw the ball. We want to spread it out. We can't really bring it in tight. I think we could do both right now, and so I think that flexibility is something that's gonna be really dangerous for US. Okay, So I think that's a good good recap of that. All right, So let's see this. What are the matchups to watch? We're gonna do a w W style. Okay, already, Fred, you requested this, So let's see there going all right, So table match? What is the table match? Right?
Speaker 4: I think table? You know ta break the table? You know I jumped on the table without a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, matches.
Speaker 4: Somebody come in with a chair, somebody come in with a table.
Speaker 1: That means it's going to get real and run called Jimmy's super Fly snooker for them from right.
Speaker 3: Here, y'all, don't junk.
Speaker 4: Y'all about to get dirty. I mightna get my knees dirty in here. So I'm gonna say, you just brought it up trench worldfare.
Speaker 1: So if I I got got something for you, though, we say so Sam, howel versus Buffalo's DB's at a table match? Who's what of that? Who's getting the slammed through the table? Who's standing up on the top of hands up in there? Well, he're gonna think about it, Sam. If he start to match off, he can always.
Speaker 3: Tag Terry in.
Speaker 4: And then if he can't tag Terry in there because maybe today is white on him.
Speaker 1: He gonna go tag John Dotcy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's all about the options, like how how long can they keep matching up?
Speaker 1: Because once we go past Dowson, we still got Curtis Samuels.
Speaker 4: Once we go to Curtis Salmon, we still got gifts at the backfield, we rob out the backfield, we still got tight.
Speaker 1: Ends, got a lot of weapons. I'm going with Sam and his at his group, Yeah, because yeah, when you look at the group right, it feels different right.
Speaker 2: Here when they we go Yeah, I mean just obvious. I think you ain't talking about Pringle, ain't talking about Yummy, you know. Yeah, so deep we can put in.
Speaker 6: There and trinkle and just to say, just to add, you know, they do have a pretty deep core to in their secondary. But I think we have more names that can you know what I mean, Like our names against theirs are they probably have two or three guys and we have their.
Speaker 4: Top heat about everything heavy on their defensive side with one of these safeties might miss the game, don't know what he's gonna play.
Speaker 1: So I love when guys limp into the game.
Speaker 4: Like That's why I knew Jerry Judie wasn't gonna be have no effect on the game.
Speaker 1: Last week practice.
Speaker 4: You ain't playing like so it's one of them things where who can outlast who?
Speaker 3: I'm putting my money on Sam and our guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so next one.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think Sam, you know, he's done a great job. He's got a lot stay clean. Yeah. I think that's the other thing. It's like in this matchup and we're tagging our buddies in, like what if what if the Buffalo DB's taggering that defensive line, defensive line gets after our offensive line. Like that's something I got to kick, got to keep an eye on, right, because I do think I think the Old Light has played better than people think, you know, because but I also think like that, like we've seen like if they're not on, they can get out there, especially around the edges. Yeah, yeah, all right, so let's go cage match. All right, cage match? Do you want to start this one off? Case just to bother Fred a little? Forbes versus Diggs, And I don't know if it's gonna be a straight one on water matchup. Obviously it's Forbes, but I think that's gonna be something interesting to see because Diggs is exceptional.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and I'm a receive and I gotta I gotta tell how it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Forbes is a guy that I feel like up and coming that couldn't be.
Speaker 2: Be that dude. But I don't want to see him in a cage mess with Digg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to see us.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see us leaving our young buck out deal just by get ready for that.
Speaker 2: He's gonna need all this help that he can get. But I do believe when you.
Speaker 6: Try him and think that you know he's gonna be sweet, that's that's where you bite you, you know what I mean. I've seen him play last week the week before when they tried him and thought it was sweet. He has one of those things we just talked about this certain dbs have. They just have a knack for the ball, you know, And you talked about d Hall, you talked about some other guys. Drake Bly he seems to be that guy. I've seen him touch the ball now four or five times on one pick. So you keep throwing the ball in this area, I get it. I'll get it, not dicks, But I don't want to see them just leaving Forbes out there on him.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be one of those things.
Speaker 6: Where we try to match him up, this guy some coverages, you know, and just have some help over the top here and there.
Speaker 2: But like I said, Forbes a bait you now, and you can.
Speaker 4: Break it one side whatever, it's still just the brackets side. You have nobody else on the outside that causes me. Any threat that Gabriel Gabriel Davis can make, he can make plays. He's just not consistent. He's just not consistent with his route running and that causes him. But my throne booth battle goes to James Cook and Murray versus Bardon and David Like because I believe if we can make them one dimensional, take the run away and put the game in Josh Allen Hans.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds crazy to know.
Speaker 4: If you want to do that, I do, because it's about this with Josh Allen volume what they did last I mean we was cut his volume down. The more he the ball is in his hands in throwing things, the more its gonna get to the point where he's going to make a mistake, He's going to turn the ball over, trying to change the game in one play, because he has the ability to do that. If James Davis can do two things, beat that spy. Also take James Cook out of this game, make it one dimension, especially with nasty weather.
Speaker 1: I want it in.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen hands, and I think between this d line mother nature and just his nature of being wild with the ball, we're gonna get turnovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And I think, like to your point with Forbes digs, like that's interesting to me because like what if you tagger the defensive line of that matchup? You know, like how does that positively aff actimpt and for the linebackers, what if you tag at the defensive life Because I really think that is the ultimate trump card for this defense. Right when you got four dudes plus James in case, plus plus Ridgeway who's playing good football, Like when all those guys are cooking, Like, I don't care how good your quarterback is. If you can get pressure on their quarterback and limit the exposure of some of these other positions, I think you're gonna be a very very good spince.
Speaker 6: That's why we need those guys that come out the starring Gate, like you know what I mean, they got a staring blusa.
Speaker 1: They did start a little slow.
Speaker 4: That's what you want because you win in games with stuff to correct.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 6: Just were saying saying that that's that's a valid point. He means those guys up front doing anything. You know, we talked bottle time. You don't have to be a phenomenal dB cot to got to come out.
Speaker 4: I got to come out seeing if the quarterback is uncomfortable, quarterbacks makes mistakes.
Speaker 1: Comfortable quarterbacks make the playoffs. We talked about it, like when you look at the Jets what they did to the Bills Quinn Williams, and they got a ton of pressure and they were able to kind of insulate that secondary at a really high level. And again the solid a good job of change yourself up, which I think Jack does anyway, but it really starts, at my opinion, with the defensive front, you know, and if those guys are playing well, I think it elevates Forbes, Fuller, cam Curl, all those guys in the back end Jaymn. Everyone gets elevated by that being the guy. Which is interesting is like, is there a position on offense that does that same thing that just elevates everybody? Is the skill guys or the skill guys just the running backs in wide receiver group.
Speaker 4: I think they are group. And what I do love about the group they are rotten, a danger feeld. Nobody respects them even as good as terror is played nobody still be putting Tarry in the top ten wide receiver. All he goes out and do is get a thousand years old with with Jack Rabbit John's and their quarterback. So at the end of the day, what I'm saying is, as long as you disrespecting them when we.
Speaker 1: Come out, you ain't gonna be ready for them.
Speaker 4: Like you can't prepare for a storm that's coming from all different places. But if this is just a ter mclawn storm, I can take we can take you. We can figure out how to do that and take you out the game. But when it's all of y'all, when it's games on bread, it make it hard for people.
Speaker 6: And they, like I said before, the running backs nor the receiver cor having scratched the surface yet on because everybody is getting a chance.
Speaker 3: So nobody's blowing up stackwise.
Speaker 6: So it's like one of those things like we're gonna keep cutting you, like you know, with a paper cuts, million paper cuts, a million paper cut We got so many so that we can that we can lean on you with to where you ain't gonna know you're gonna have a solution.
Speaker 4: For not especially situational like football is situational.
Speaker 3: Like you don't know where we're going.
Speaker 1: Situational. Yeah, that's a good point. It goes back to your same thing tools or the toolbox. Right, yes, right, So Fred, are you doing a barbecue this weekend?
Speaker 4: Yes, We're doing the Alumni barbecue tail gate. I'm gonna be out there in every.
Speaker 1: Are you cooking? First of all?
Speaker 2: You know, I bet not see the touch of liok of me without no good.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: I am gonna be out there working the store like young Z.
Speaker 4: He's out there, like every generation gonna have up Like let's just say the nineties, they'll have two three people working the grill, plus a little bit be miss gonna be out there chopping it up. So you know, like every generation gonna have they guys out there.
Speaker 1: It should be good.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a lot of fun out there. It's the first one in the parking lot. I got you out of information, don't you worry about it. And it's gonna be fun through a wheelers too, So it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be fun. All right. So are you gonna jump through a table? I already jumped through a table this week and my back hurts, back hurts, But I'm saying like if if Bill Spoffi is out there, they're jumping through tables, You're like, we donna jump through a table if we win this game. You don't even put that out there, fred In, Then I want you to put a joke glib coughed on it.
Speaker 3: I'm just jumping all through it.
Speaker 1: I'm within it. We go through and know I'm jumping through the table, fred fred and here on Tuesday, just like with a back break.
Speaker 2: I'm one seventy.
Speaker 1: No, you're probably like two hundred.
Speaker 4: Actually look like a football player that I did not look like it. I look like the punk god for the wheel.
Speaker 1: All right, So before we leave, we got to do gay predictions scores Gay predictions. You wanna start, Tayta, Yeah, I started.
Speaker 2: I say commands win. Okay, sloppy game nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: I actually like that score, Actually a pretty good score. I'm going with the oddity too. I like where he's going. I'm going step lord than that. I'm going seventeen to twelve. Gets to win the score gotty seventeen to twelve because I feel like they're gonna end up kicking four field goals for the Bills. We're gonna have a defensive touchdown, I eat a special team touchdown that breaks this game. Ride open Fred FedExField explodes and we run Josh Allen Keista right out of the field.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I heard that way to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I kind of think the Bills are the better team because they got the better quarterback.
Speaker 4: I just say they got the better quarterback. They are not, for position, the better team.
Speaker 1: I guess that's a good point. So I would just go, shoot, I want to go Buffalo, but I don't want to go what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Hey, do what if this is who you are?
Speaker 2: You do it?
Speaker 1: You feel you called out?
Speaker 3: How you feel like gonna say it?
Speaker 1: Twenty to fifteen?
Speaker 3: You going for the Bills?
Speaker 1: You think, No, you're not going what I would say. I'm gonna say it's gonna be, uh twenty seven to twenty four of the Bills with That's what I'm saying. All Right, all right, you want to bet there a lunch.
Speaker 4: I'll bet your lunch straight up there points no points straight And I ain't talking about McDonald's.
Speaker 1: What do you want for lunch? We're going to We're going to have a lunch at DC Prime.
Speaker 2: Boy, cow. If you if you ain't getting McDonald logan, gonna buy your jersey.
Speaker 7: Long, We're gonna go into DC Prime. Buy me a U stay two dollars. Were bringing my belt. We'll put that belt up on the grill. Oh man, all right, let's go do it for us for today. Really appreciate it makes you.
Speaker 1: Guys. Tune in to all of our flagship programming on the YouTube page, and make sure you continue to subscribe to this podcast. Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Wait to play Injury.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.