Speaker 1: He is drink Chants, Motherfucky podcast man. He's a legendary Queens rapper. He's agreed as your boy.
Speaker 2: In O r E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop lioneer put up as DJ E f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans mother.
Speaker 1: Every day is New Years.
Speaker 2: Listen, It's time for drink Champs. Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it gonna be hoping to winter? Should be to your boy in O r E. What's going on as dj E f N?
Speaker 1: And this is mindle tam crazy for a radio drink chests.
Speaker 2: Have you ever made something that?
Speaker 1: Now, when we started this show, we said we wanted to give it to icons, We wanted to give it up to legends, the people that came before us, the people that came right with us. And when we talk about the brother that's here, man, this guy has changed the game. He literally could say I changed the game from people going to whatever to people actually thinking about their raps and being skillful. I went through this. I believe when we go through these people, I've went through this brother, music just kept going through, kept going through, kept going through them. I'm like, damn, he could drop this music now and it works. In case you don't know what we're talking about, mother one only motherfucker see us.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna go off top. I don't give me a drink. Listen, now you order the white Hennie. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 2: I was so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Because let me just tell you something. You know, yah know, because let me just tell you something. You are so unique, right, and we've been doing this for eight years on nine years, right, and this is the first time anybody ever ordered white handed.
Speaker 2: So say white hen.
Speaker 1: That's That's exactly what I expected from him to be.
Speaker 2: To be shocked.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: But let's let's let's take this from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Man. I've enjoyed researching you, knowing that you was coming up here. I just enjoyed because you're truly a class act man. You know what I'm saying. You're truly one of those people that that at the highest of your career, you didn't let it get to your head and I could. I mean, this is what outside of looking at you know, you know, I always seen you with a stable mind. How do you maintain that that that type of aura.
Speaker 5: I just think it comes from the people who raised you, your upbringing, how they treated you in life. And I always felt that you get more being humble, get more being graceful and treating people the way you want to be treated.
Speaker 2: That's how you get it right.
Speaker 1: You know. My friend of mine, he always tells me this buster rides local.
Speaker 2: You ever get that a problem? Not really, because perceptions are different.
Speaker 5: A lot of times people think you're unapproachable, your mean, and a lot of times I am right. I think it takes humility to treat people like you want to be treated. I think it takes a little bit of mindset to put yourself in other people's spaces instead of yours, and always thinking about you, you you, and think about somebody else, and then your atmosphere and your surroundings begin to change.
Speaker 1: Right, And a lot of people don't know being from Mount Vernon, right, Mount Vernon is almost closer to the Bronx than even Manhattan is so by hip hop. By hip hop being the birthplace of the Bronx, I believe that Mount Vernon was just as affected almost around the same time is that.
Speaker 2: That's a fact? Yeah, so how is that?
Speaker 1: Because I remember go Mount Vernon, I remember that just being hip hop everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a small town with a lot of talent in it.
Speaker 5: And a town like that, so small with a lot of talent in it, it just stands out. When you get into the Bronx, it may be, you know, there's a lot more. It's a deeper water. You get to the in Manhattan, it's a deeper water. Brooklyn Queens deeper waters. But Mount Vernon is like a big lake, you know what I mean, Just a big lake of talent, from basketball to entertainment, to streetcats to philosophers, from people who are spiritually inclined to people who are on demon time.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of everything in that town.
Speaker 1: Let's flip around and bounce around a little bit. Because I heard you say something, and when I met have, I did it. I didn't know the word to describe Havelf, but I think you called him the heart of the heart of the crew, and they need to be I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that's right, that's right, And I believe you could describe him as a Don he was like, he's like a Don and that's the word I always wanted to use when I see like a lot of people, Pun was one of my closest friends in hip hop. But it wouldn't have been no Pun without Heavy D's. It wouldn't have been no Big without Heavy D. So for those for those that don't know, can you describe Heavy D?
Speaker 5: Heavy D was to me a class salute. I look, that's right. My birthday, we were talking about a class act, talking about somebody who was almost three hundred pounds. He knows how to dress immaculately, holds itself in high regard, knows how to conduct himself, and everybody on the planet's mama loved Heavy D.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I mean? You know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Before Heavy D, I didn't see like obese people be proud to be obese or even.
Speaker 2: Like hold it like that. The facts fato damn, you're right, but.
Speaker 1: No, no fad boys first.
Speaker 2: Fat boys is first. Nobody moved like head.
Speaker 5: Oh no, nobody was as graceful as Heavy Deal.
Speaker 2: And it really dancing.
Speaker 5: He was really like feathery feet dances and everything dances.
Speaker 3: He was dancing keeping up with them right right and breadth control and you were spitting times.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, we're talking about man close to three hundred pounds if he wasn't three hundred, right.
Speaker 1: And I just want to describe that era in hip hop because I feel like I believe you discussed this other day. I feel like that eighty eight early ninety ninety one era and nineteen ninety eight is like one of the greatest years of hip hop, and you played in both you had. I think obum dropped in ninety one, and I believe you came back out of the ninety eight with running up right? Is that is that the golden Here is a hip hop for you as well?
Speaker 5: I think it was anytime you can get into a genre of music and be a part of it or I have something to contribute to it. Like my first song was Johnny Gill Rubb You the Right Way, the remix.
Speaker 2: That was your first song. That was my first song.
Speaker 5: That was the first official remix of hip hop being on a record, remixed on the radio.
Speaker 2: I was the first.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm not noting. I'm not gonna lie to you. You might have the number one most requested song or hip hop song of all life. If I'm at a barbecue and they reminisced over you doesn't come on I leave the barbecue.
Speaker 3: That it's such an importance. It's like, not just to hip hop, I think, And you know what I limited to hip hop? Hip hop is it is the song.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: At a time, I wanted to contribute so something that was authentic, that wasn't an image that I'm trying to project, but I wanted to give them an inside close feel to what the plight of a black family is like with nothing on it but an anthem, but a song that a lot of people thought wasn't real, but every part of the song is real. When they say when these artists say I live my music, I definitely live all of my music. It's nothing fake about my music. It's all paying homage to the people who don't are not stars, but they're stars to me because they allowed me to have a life and a career.
Speaker 2: And that came across from the music. And you know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: That record is so familiar right that like young kids know it, but a lot of people don't actually get that you're paying tribute to your man, Troy. Like this morning, I was playing it and then I go to the director rise and I go, you know what this is about? And he looked at me and I was like, you know what it stands for?
Speaker 2: Right, Troy? They reminisce over you.
Speaker 1: And you know he's young, he's young, he's a director, so I like, I felt like I was like discovering.
Speaker 2: Like he was like what he like? He didn't know?
Speaker 1: So that's how famous the record is that people couldn't hear it, And like, did you know did you know this record? Well? Because for lack of a better term, that shit is going to outlive you. Yeah, it's gonna be here even when when you were about around, did you know there's gonna be a classic record like that?
Speaker 5: I didn't know, but I knew I was writing something special because I haven't heard it from nobody.
Speaker 2: You know who writes something special?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And you know you didn't hear it anywhere else? Right, So you know you tapped into something. I just don't know what it's going to do. You can't foresee, but you know that you tapped into something that no other artist is doing right now. It can come close, dear, Mama's close, right, but it ain't dead, mom. Dang.
Speaker 2: If you looked.
Speaker 1: At it like that and you were eighteen when you made this record on twenty one, twenty one, twenty one, You motherfucker's making this crash ass music as twenty one Steve.
Speaker 2: Listen to reminisce over you. This is it lasting for three decades and it's gonna last lor.
Speaker 1: You ain't get no excuse, you the twenty one trash you old rabbits.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no excuse. He just said it. I said it for him. Yeah, my bad.
Speaker 5: We were listening to different music normally we were listening to We were listening the crates and crates of old music. Man that was educating us, to force us to put out different music. You gotta understand what was out there, right, Big Daddy came, Hoogi Wrapped, Heavy d Public Enemy. You have all these groups. What do you have to contribute to all of this? And to me, we're not really the Golden era. To me, I feel like the Golden era was a little bit before the eighties when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Get you part of go To.
Speaker 5: But that's such a but what makes you a great artist as being a fan too, it's understanding.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like it's like.
Speaker 5: You're Floyd, but you don't recognize Muhammad Ali. You got to re recognize Muhammad Ali to be a Floyd. To be something in this game, you have to be sparked by something. So with all that originality, did they know they were original? Like nobody was copying nobody's slang, nobody's music.
Speaker 2: They had the same producing it ain't sound the same?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Good point? How does that work? Good point?
Speaker 3: And what you this is the thing though, late eighties is definitely the golden era. But I think what you guys did with this record and the whole project is you allow the golden era to extend into the nineties.
Speaker 5: You guys, we wouldn't know if we didn't if Big Daddy came. But it didn't help me with He didn't helped me with CEO smooth name and being around and being able.
Speaker 2: To talk to them.
Speaker 5: They were accessible where where you couldn't catch a map. But if you was with Have Have gravitated every type of artist to his house. He was the godfather. It was the godfather of what we were doing. It's just that we were all young. We didn't recognize how it was formulating. But Have was beyond his years in being an artist and teaching you how to dress and talk and articulate and conduct yourself because you wanted what he had?
Speaker 1: What were life would have been like? Had have kind of signed like y'all all been signed to have what were life would have been like?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I think he was.
Speaker 5: Being rich a lot quicker like that, we would have been rich a lot quicker. It would have been more catalog to pick from. Because now you have all this wide open space of creativity, and he was a creator. He was a super creator, the songwriter, a rap artist, a director. What didn't he do? You know what I'm saying. So all you want to do is be like that. If you're in that lane and he was life, you're a super actor. So with those type of examples, how could you go wrong? All you got to do is listen, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Play the record has I just wanted to. I just want to let people know how contagious this record is. So will you my god, hold on? I always wanted to know that part when you're Queen's wis in the chapter You're not talking about the queens.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a queen.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about a queen.
Speaker 1: Always claim queen, but.
Speaker 2: I always queens. I know I was wrong. But I always claim, But your mother's from Queens.
Speaker 5: That's where we first. She's from Newroschelle. But when she got married, we moved from New Roschelle to Queens. Wow, which is a big, big, big, gigantic step.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, From New k to Queens. I didn't know that far. I did read your mom's living in Queens.
Speaker 2: She still does. Wow, that's what. So how damn so you got?
Speaker 1: You got Queens in you, you got newll and you and Mount Vernon and you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So let's take it from the beginning. How did what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What made you start rhyming? What was your inspiration at the beginning?
Speaker 5: My inspiration was when I was fifteen sixteen, huh and crack at first came out. I mean, I didn't really know the extensive of how the streets had changed, right because, like I said, I'm a humble brother. But I've always been around good and bad. You know what I'm saying. It's never been all good. It's always been good and bad, mixture of real. But the bad ones, the bad ones, they changed the whole perception of how I see people on the outside, you know, Because I was going to school with kids who didn't get their hair comb snotty nose, brust their teeth close, wrinkled, but they switched up with their brother. You know what I'm saying, just sharing just that whole plight of her, of the black plaque, that black plight. Right, And then when that crack came out, you've seen them same snotty nose, little nappier kids with a ragtop, volver drop top bends, big jewelry, gold teeth.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: So it changed the perception of me of how I saw the street. And they always used to say, Yo, you need to come with us, You need to come with us. But I always felt that my destiny was different. I wanted what you.
Speaker 2: Had, I just didn't want to get it.
Speaker 5: How you got your fun, but I know it ain't fun. Another one day, I had a bunch of cracks in my pocket, maybe fifteen sixteen of them at Jamaica Park and I'm talking to black Rock and Ron it's another wrapped roop. So I'm talking to them and run drives by and that smoke great tenth BMW, and I knew that's me. Let me get my ass back to make it happen. Because that's me And when I saw that, that influenced me that and let me know that hip hop is a major influence on kids, man, you know what I mean, It's a major, major influence on kids and how they see themselves and how you don't know, just you driving by can spark a person to be something and inspire something, you know what I'm saying. So that was incredible for me to see that.
Speaker 1: Now I want to talk about I'm sure this group inspired you. And in ninet ninety eight, I believe ninety seven ninety eight, you got a chance to do something back for them, which is Run DMC. Right, But Run DMC themselves claim that y'all saved their career.
Speaker 2: Do you understand how much of a compliment that is?
Speaker 1: Like Run DMC said, if it wasn't for y'all to do that record with them, that they record label was going to drop them, and like y'all.
Speaker 2: Literally saved them, talking about Down with the King. Of course we're talking about down with the King? Did you know that?
Speaker 5: I heard them keep saying it. But when you're doing it, you're not paying no attention.
Speaker 2: Or whatever at the time.
Speaker 5: You're just doing this because I'm just doing it because I'm in love with them.
Speaker 2: Come on to me, Nori felt.
Speaker 5: When I make a record with them, I'm official.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You're not even helping save your heroes.
Speaker 2: Like I don't care about helping. Just let's make a good night, yo.
Speaker 5: That's what what make surprise me That it's sold more than Sucking Seas. I couldn't believe it. Wow, it's sold more than that. How is that possible? Because use the ship, sir? I felt like that was so crazy. So you know, I just want you to know.
Speaker 1: See I shows about giving people they flowers leave ready or at least out there? Okay, all right, cool, I show and we wanted to give your flowers. My dude. It's the very beginning of us starting this show. You know what I'm saying, And we wanted to face the face man Snoop Dogg, Sir, is better than the ground, because you know what I'm saying, if you want to give you your flowers, my brother, because.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's not just us.
Speaker 1: I'm just and I said this on your intro, but I want to reiterate that. I want to say it before you dropped. It changed the whole rap game. You would you were your floor was on point. It made people, for lack of a better term, it made people want to be smarter because like shit is just like I can sincerely say this as one of my friends. I know that if it wasn't for you, it probably wouldn't be a nas you know what I'm saying, Like with that, with that smart bars, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like And.
Speaker 1: Was that something that you was trying to do, like like, you know, educate people through the.
Speaker 2: Music or was it indicative to the era?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it was. I think it was a little of both.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, because what I was trying to do is certainly be different, but be articulate at what I'm doing. I want you to understand my parents was for a better term, they didn't understand the music, how simple it was, I think because they weren't interested in the music. But as they understood and they still didn't understand it, but they understood what I was trying to present to them, then they would put a whole different look on how this young hip hop thing is. It's not just a street thing, it's a culture thing. And that's what I wanted to contribute something to the culture, not to the street, but to the culture.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be here.
Speaker 1: I change the subject a little bit. I love to see, you know, artists who stood the test of time. Yeah, I can still go out there because you know, you know, it's a crazy, fucked up shit about our culture. And I'm gonna say it, there's no such thing as called washed up and rock and roll. There's no such thing called washed up and jazz. Mick Jagen can fucking tour to the rest of his life at eighty you know what I'm saying. What is that at eighty years old's sniffing, cocing and biting a back, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, So I love I love when I see I think Buster said it on stage again, Sorry to keep mentioning you bust it, but Buster said, you know, I love when our OG's played the part because a lot of times we are telling these young young children this, this and that, but we're not doing it. So I love the fact that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, we're still out here and tribute into the hip hop like how we're doing. But what is your favorite part? Is it making the record or is it performing the record? Performing it performing it for some reason, I just gonna say that.
Speaker 5: But what I break it down, Well, because as you as you perform more and more you grow, you get better. You know what I'm saying. It's a one shot deal in the studio. Either you're gonna get it right. Is it like that to Okay? Yeah, because I always wanted to continue. So yeah, like you got one shot to get it right, yep. And then when you get it right, you got to get it right every night. So every night you're preparing yourself to get it right. It's like like when you perform, it's like a boxer.
Speaker 2: You I take it seriously.
Speaker 5: I don't know what other artists do, but I take my performances seriously like a fight. I don't want my head, rub my feet rub I know it's war, I know, right, So I step into this zone of performance and then when I get off, it's over. I'm back to me. I'm back to my regular self. Are we ready for Quick Time Slide?
Speaker 2: Come on? She's Luisa's real.
Speaker 3: I mean. The one thing about being on stage, though, it's it's an exchange of energy with the audience, the same for an artist for a DJ, and that's something you like, not everybody could do that.
Speaker 5: I want to give them my energy. A lot of times, most times I don't get their energy. I don't because I don't see them. They're just things.
Speaker 2: They're not I don't even see them. They're just things.
Speaker 5: You have to really do something for me to stop what I'm doing and look at you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You gotta really yeah, you gotta really do something for me to just check out of what I'm doing and look at what this ship is doing.
Speaker 2: You know, So I just see blur. I don't see people.
Speaker 5: I just see me giving you what I'm giving you, and whatever you're doing, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, what more do I mean?
Speaker 6: This is?
Speaker 1: This is me. This is my personal question. Do you enjoy being in the group more or being a solo artist more?
Speaker 2: I like, I like.
Speaker 5: I like a little bit of both, you know, because I struggle with it because my heyday was the group, right.
Speaker 2: But now I don't have to check in with nobody.
Speaker 5: I don't have to worry about how the other person feel no more, because it's all about me and how I feel.
Speaker 2: So if I don't want to stay, I don't have to stay.
Speaker 5: I can move and come and go and move how I want, and talk how I want and display the things that I want to do. When you with another boss, it's like a marriage. You know what I'm saying. You gotta worry about what they do before you do what you want to do, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And they'll always be in question if you don't ask them.
Speaker 5: So I like a little bit of both because I like the successes with the group. But then I like me because I write my own ticket. I can go home when I want to.
Speaker 1: It's like I heard you say, he was like, He's like, I knew. That's why I knew he's gonna be on time today.
Speaker 2: I knew he was.
Speaker 1: Gonna be on top. I was like, I knew it he was. I was just watching mad interviews on you, and I said, this motherfucker is not playing no games because you look you do look at life like a boxer.
Speaker 2: I do. I do, I really do. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I was watching certain interviews of you and I was like, because it's not a lot, it's not a lot.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn it.
Speaker 1: And a couple of them I was sa, he's super serious. I was like, yo, Dad, and then I was like, you said, y'all, don't play with no one's time.
Speaker 2: I was like fuck and I was stream and by the way, I take pride on me early.
Speaker 1: But the person that he was wrapping up and he just couldn't stop, so I couldn't stop him. But that's the difference between me too, See me, I can relate to you because I'm so obviously I did solo thing and I did a group And one thing that I started to notice when I was with capone like I couldn't change him to be like me.
Speaker 2: I can't change him to be on time.
Speaker 1: And the more the more that I tried to make him like me, the more that he couldn't be couldn't be at all. So and I'm saying that in a good way because what I know I had to do was kind of like let him be him. Did you ever feel like that and being in a part of the group, Oh yeah, okay, yeah, I know the answer, But IM asking the world.
Speaker 5: Here, yeah, because you're looking at you're looking at a top five producer, right, you know what I'm saying, And you're looking at somebody who wants to come late you on time, he's going to be late because he's going to be over here and doing what he loved.
Speaker 2: And my love is on time. You know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you know it's crazy people, people who's not in the group body can't relate to what you what.
Speaker 5: You just said.
Speaker 2: It's so complicated.
Speaker 1: It's so simply bad complicated because like you literally when you're in a group, even though it's two men, yeah, it could be eight different personalities.
Speaker 5: It's the Iley Brothers out there, motherfuckers, just tool y'all.
Speaker 1: But it's trust me, I know I've been through it. We got quick, Thomas Slime Ready, hold.
Speaker 3: The hold up before we go into that, because we started to talk about how you got aspired to be an MC. But let's let's track back actually getting to the beginning of the groups, like how do you guys connect?
Speaker 2: We connected in high school.
Speaker 5: It was all about these two young kids loving this old ass music, like old ass music means like the sad. None of none of our peers are listening to this. They're not. They're they're looking at us like we are crazy, Like what's wrong with you? Are you? Are you stuck in the time warp or Are you Are you chasing something? Yes, we are, we're chasing something.
Speaker 2: Are these your parents records that you're discovering these? Or this is just on your own? This is our parents raise their parents' records.
Speaker 5: We're doing We're doing things that teenagers are not doing and not doing it. That's like, that's like somebody saying, Okay, we're not going to the car veil because I got to watch my waistline in the nineties sun heard of.
Speaker 1: But for those that don't know, Carvel's ice.
Speaker 2: A mat of what you're eating.
Speaker 5: It's a matter of how you are disciplined in what you're doing. And we were discipline and what we were doing, and nobody was with it. Nobody could understand that concept of making music listening to these old records. They could listen to the finished product, but not the old product. And I think that's what we had in common, that we loved this old music and we wanted to create something with it, and that's what we were doing with the We started with pause buttoning and pausing in the music and looping it and we started from that here. We started from that and it became a bonding. It was three of us. It was like three of us before then they came to because the other one went to jail and he didn't see the vision. So you gotta see the vision. It's a vision. You gotta see it. It's not just about putting yourself there and sign me and I got half with me. No, it's a vision I want. I actually wanted to be better than that. I wanted his spot, you know what I'm saying. I wanted his spot because I saw it was so comfortable, was so natural, and I was a student of the game. In order for you to be a master, you gotta be a student. Very true.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to quick time with life?
Speaker 1: To him? The rules?
Speaker 3: This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you. Please, please, We're gonna give you two choices. Now, it's not to this is not a negative thing. We we just want to bring up people's names. Any stories you got, but you pick one. If you pick one, nobody drinks. If you say both or neither, which would be the piece the answer you just don't want to answer.
Speaker 1: It not good. But you ain't taking the PC roud I can tell you, But give us any stories.
Speaker 3: It's really about talking about the people and the places that we're bringing.
Speaker 1: Up you know, I'll bring it up later. Okay, Heavy D or DMX.
Speaker 5: Heavy D because he taught me everything and I wanted to beat him. DMX that was my brother, that was my old geez, that was his baby boy. So I really fond sentimental value for him personally. Like, yeah, we go deeper, we go into the dogs, like my dog and his dog were.
Speaker 2: Brothers and like that. They don't know that. They don't know.
Speaker 5: They don't know about that because there's certain things that he has that I don't bring out, and this certain things that I have that he doesn't bring out. But we have things in common. We talk about dogs. We had the same dog, We had the same This is you know what I mean. This is how it is that dogs are related. Dogs were related.
Speaker 1: That's some that's hard that I ain't gonna lie. I was not ready for that. Okay, Tupac or Biggie, and you got stories of both of them, right, I like.
Speaker 2: I like Tupac because it get all the bitches.
Speaker 5: Yeah you roll with Tupac. Yeah, Tupac used to be the weed man. Tupac used to That's the we got me and super Cat. That's where we got our weed.
Speaker 1: From like he was buying it off for him or he was giving he was giving it to he was giving it to me.
Speaker 2: I would have bought it, get it twisted, but he gave it to Did you say super Cat?
Speaker 5: You and supercan super Cat with sweatiness?
Speaker 2: Dude for some mo By the way, I want to see this nicture so bad.
Speaker 1: See how Supercat getting to weave from Tubac. That's a documentary in itself. Said god, you know, so this is on tour. This is just hanging with heav When with have you can see the whole world.
Speaker 5: That's right, You're gonna see everybody, because he's a gravitator.
Speaker 2: Yes, he gravitates energy towards him.
Speaker 5: Some humans they have that talent where he people come to him. They they man and woman, old, young baby. I don't know what he had, but I wanted it. I was trying to rub off on him any chance.
Speaker 1: I did you did you get the did you get to meet I know you got meet. Did you do underground Tupac? If you ever got to meet death Row Tupac? Because wasn't the room where y'all was gonna sat to death Row at one point?
Speaker 2: I mean there was a lot of rumors, but that's what it was. The rumors. Yeah, yeah, I just love La. I didn't even care about he was smoking.
Speaker 1: Here I was.
Speaker 2: I was just cared about my weed in La.
Speaker 5: Okay, But did you bet Tupac? I'm defro Tupac. I met the death ro Tupop. But at that time, everybody was scared of him. So I remember taking a cab ride.
Speaker 2: With Tracy Waple's one time. Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Tracy Claverty from Tracy Ware Racy from a bad Boy.
Speaker 5: Here you go. So we I jumped out the cab. I see pop. This is when all the drama is supposed to be. Hit him up right, all the drama. And I see him out in front of the hotel and he got a crowd around him and he's smoking weed. So I said, I'm fiend and I just got out together. So I said, you know, and I'm going over there. So Tracy said, don't go. I was like, I'm going over there. So I went over there and he's talking, and he's talking. I just take the weed out of his hands right here you go, and then go about my business.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 5: He was that type of guy. He was that type of guy. Jesus, he was that type of guy I met Biggie, not Tupac. Biggie was just he was just too smooth. He was just a smooth guy. He was just he was. He was actually more humble than I was, you know what I mean. He was he was, he was. He was a you could just tell he was a special type of guy. And the type of stuff that Jay Black used to tell me. I used to be like, yo, Jay Black, because you know Jay Blacks from Mount Vernon, Belly j So we all grew up together. Yeah, we all grew up together. So you know, he always used to tell me about Biggie and I used to be like, but damn, he don't act like that. He's like, Yo, you don't know Biggie like I do. I was like, Wow, that's.
Speaker 2: A bad man.
Speaker 1: Was when it happened to him. Yes I was. I believe, Yes, I was. Yeah I was.
Speaker 5: And you saw him out there that I saw him out there, and you know, you kind of knew what what was going to happen when he got up there on the podium, and I was like, damn, when he got up there, I think I don't know what it was I think it was the the No, it was the awards and he said, what's up at.
Speaker 1: The Golden Globe? Or what was it?
Speaker 2: I think it was BT or something like that. It was already said from that point. From that point when he said what up l A, I was like, I'm leaving. Why I'm leaving?
Speaker 5: Because you felt I just felt like he shouldn't have said nothing. You shouldn't even acknowledge them be in and out like NAS did, be in and out like cl did.
Speaker 2: Just be in and out. Yo, what up? You good?
Speaker 5: I'm out in the next plane smoking. I think he stayed too long, you know. Damn, they don't get it twisted. I don't know why they don't think New Yorkers love LA. We love that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know see, let me, I'm gonna say something, right. I remember us going to the source of wars, and this is the source of wards. I don't know if you remember that. Everybody got robbed in California. Everybody got robbed. I didn't get robbed, but but the fuck that part about it was I dropped that album that week similar to how Big did, and they forced me to stay because I went number one. Damn there everywhere but what place l A l A. I did not go. I don't even got cracked the top twenty. So they were like you you you need to stay there and you need to put in work. So the record label did actually make me stay there. Now had something happened to me? Is that the record label for? Or is that my fall fall? Because I could have said, fuck them, I don't have to be number one here. I could get out of here. But I didn't. I still not and I and I listened to them. But that was like the same type of thing that Biggie I think went through. It's like like he was number one in LA is that exactly once?
Speaker 5: He was not one there? So he had to be there, like he didn't have to be there that long. He could have hit and run, okay, and he's done it before. He's a professional, so he's done it before. He Hi, how you doing? See you later?
Speaker 1: And you saying from the time you've seen him.
Speaker 2: And I've seen that. Me and my girlfriend left.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: When I saw that, I said, something going to happen. Man, we you know we're gonna mess up our time here. I think we need to cut this short and go back to New York. Because I'm so used to having a good time in LA, Like I'm ready died with the I'm with the I'm with the criminals. So how am I get robbed? I'm with the I'm with the robbers? How am I get robbed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: People were telling them supposedly before he even went out there. I think J Prince said that he gave him my heads up. He said it on Drink Show. A couple of people give him heads up.
Speaker 5: How we Tea made me leave? How we how we Tea? You look rocks DJM Wow. Wow, it's it's too In LA, you could feel when something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Damn, you can't see in New York. I'm from there. I don't feel nothing. You have it right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But in LA you could just tell something going to happen, Like I know the difference between partying having a good time.
Speaker 2: And then not having a good time and something's going to happen right, And And to this day it's like it's like La.
Speaker 1: It's like a ghost of rappers now, like so many things happen to rappers and it's like it's not it doesn't even get solved.
Speaker 5: I just think they'd be in how could you had a pocket?
Speaker 2: It's such thing as you had a pocket.
Speaker 3: But it's not just l a because Vegas Park happened in Vegas and there's but.
Speaker 5: I was late business l a business business. Let's not let's go nas or j.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. I have to drink. I don't. I don't think I need to drink.
Speaker 5: I just think that you know, it depends on what what type of what type of.
Speaker 1: Energy and moved you want? It sounds like a drink to me. Man, mm hmm. The o g and you ain't supposed to pick that one. Now, this one you're definitely gonna drink for. In my opinion, run DMC or the locks. That's your lawyer to you that, Yeah, I ain't. You gotta take it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know you.
Speaker 1: Now, I know I know you. I need both. Yes, Joe Button or Gilly the Kid, I like the next one.
Speaker 2: You guys are funny. I like I like Gilly because Gilly's gonna make me laugh. And Joe. Butden, that's my man. But I'm gonna buy him.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna buy him something, something, something different to put on his feet. I wasn't ready wasn't something different because he got a lot of money. So they need to give need to switch it up. I like Gilly because Gilly gonna make me laugh. I'm gonna smoke my ship. He what's the name? Might you know? Joe Button might find out? Hey, man, I don't like I don't like you today, you know what I mean? Gilly gonna like you just because just because, Okay, I respect a million dollars worth a game.
Speaker 1: That's right, big both fuck shut up? Pete Rock or Primo. I like these questions, by the way, not me.
Speaker 5: I like I like both. I like both because they're both the same ship. But Pete Rock gave me everything, so I'm gonna go with pr I like that.
Speaker 2: I like k Capri or funk Flex.
Speaker 5: I love kid Capri, but funk Flex is my brother. Wow, so I'm gonna have to go with my brother, all right. You know we like the muscle cars. That's that's what we funk with. Yeah, that's right, that's the muscle cars.
Speaker 2: You see that green joint.
Speaker 5: He gave me serious that to Reno for to Reno five hundred, I just put everything new on that joint.
Speaker 1: I forgot you into the cars, into the Yeah I forgot, I totally forgot you the Duke Boys and Loop Duke that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brand Nubian or trick quest A brand Nubian.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 5: I love tribe because my brother's Fife Diddy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, gotta go rite it or baby Okay? Podcast or radio.
Speaker 5: I would go podcast now because that's where it's at and I like to be fashion forward.
Speaker 1: Wu tang or n w a.
Speaker 2: Wu tang because I'm a New Yorker.
Speaker 1: I respect that. Only built for Cuban links, a reasonable.
Speaker 5: Doubt, only built for Cuban links, because that's the workout ship.
Speaker 2: Let's connect politic deb.
Speaker 5: There you go, Juice or New Jack City, New Jack City Act?
Speaker 2: Come on now, Gang Star or Eric B and rock him?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Where the Hennessy White act?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Another shot here? I got. I love that. I love that. Rest in peace Guru?
Speaker 1: Yeah cool. You know what I thought about recently was asked this. There was like, yo, Who's who's one of your favorite rappers to drink with? I always forgot to mention Guru. You know he was a drinker. He was a super drink. Yeah who he was to drink? The symphony or don't curse. Don't curse because I was on it. That's right.
Speaker 2: God damn, I would have picked that too.
Speaker 3: That's a classic, man, little madic are ready to die?
Speaker 5: We can took a shot? Yeah, way too. You know you got I was trying to pull it out. I was trying to get get out of come analog or digital digital, this this. I'm very curious to see. Where're gonna go with your own TV raps or video music box. Damn, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with video music box because because Ralph is my guy, and that was that was a little bit selective. You had to be a little bit on a certain plane. They be on MTV raps commercial with Ralph, he serviced everybody way big from the beginning.
Speaker 2: He serviced me when I was big the same way I was small. Wow.
Speaker 5: Truly covered. He covered it, and he gave me. He's the He's the reason why I was in their faces. He kept it playing.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Video Music Box documentary? Yes, I yo, that's it is hard is meant to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you said you're doing your own. I would love to do that. I would I would love to do that. I would love that.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ice cubeball scar Face, I would do scar Face, Okay, yeah, like I love ice cube, man, both, I love ice cube. I mean, if you want me to drink the ice.
Speaker 3: He's he burns out to Scarface. I hope he gets better. Oh yes, man, I did. I didn't love scar Face man.
Speaker 1: I mean when they say he was sick again, I thought they are sick. I thought they meant from before. So he's proud enough again the.
Speaker 3: Hospital and then obviously resting pizzat Man Scoop.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, fat a first promo. Coonaega a first promo. That's for fat Man Scoop. He was the first time anybody ever heard of Copona Noriega because we were.
Speaker 2: And he was at Tommy Boy.
Speaker 1: I believe that's one. Yeah, I believe. I'm not sure, okay man, that deep? Thank you man. House of Pain or Cypress.
Speaker 2: Hills, Cypress Hill.
Speaker 5: Okay, I love House of Pain, but Cypress Hill Man, I smoke with him. They smoke them in Red Man's session is the session.
Speaker 2: To be at? Mm hmm, that's the session.
Speaker 1: Hell, red Man don't smoke no more?
Speaker 2: No, that's is that true?
Speaker 1: With him? He don't smoke? Yeah, unless he's fucking with me, he's with you. I think no, I think I think he's bungee jumping.
Speaker 2: Now, No, that doesn't mean he doesn't smoke.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's a bungee jumping.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, that's surprised him. Yeah, I think he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I think he doesn't. Let's look it up. I think that that's why he's doing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have this smoke meth smokes. Oh yeah, yeah, you g care out cast.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 5: I love outcasts. I would have picked out casts. But that UGK, that pimpcy Man. I don't know, man, I just feel like sometimes I'm PIMPC you know what I mean. I just feel like walking around my house and doing certain things. I take his cadence, his voice, his the way he would deliver it.
Speaker 2: I'm PIMPC Man. He said. I would have never thought you would have said that like that felt like three thousand.
Speaker 5: I'd have told you how if I felt like big boy, I would have told you I love them. They're my They're actually as good as my group. I put them up there with Michael. But that PIMPC Man is He actually said somebody left too soon and then give you a chance to get to the finale of who they are, the point of why they're here.
Speaker 2: He didn't get a chance to get to that part. His impact would it would have been serious.
Speaker 1: What do you think about he said that Atlanta is not the South. I still don't understand that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He's his name would be pimp if he didn't talk like that. He said whatever he felt. It wasn't tough. It was just to the point. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't tough. It was just it was tough, but it was. It wasn't tough. It was just a point. He was actually a good person to you know what I mean. Yeah, deep, yeah, peace penc common or most death.
Speaker 2: I like comment, okay, but most death.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: His answers are not answers.
Speaker 3: It's like answered.
Speaker 2: But you know I got that. I got that from Terrence Crawl into nothing. I learned that. I said, this is a skill, this is a.
Speaker 5: I don't really have to answer.
Speaker 7: He just got to people, I'm trying to hurt you.
Speaker 2: Finish you were saying. I don't know what I was saying. Death.
Speaker 5: Good guy. I just like the way he moves. You know what it is not to get off base, but I'm gonna take a ride. Okay, if you see these new rappers, I don't know any of their music.
Speaker 2: They gotta have.
Speaker 5: They could have good music, but I'm more interested in their life than their music. Like what kind of cases you got, what kind of broad you got, how you spend your money. I'm more interested in your life than your music. And the way things are now it's displayed like that. Now, fast forward back to.
Speaker 2: The brother.
Speaker 5: Being trapped in another country and not being able to come back. And I don't know how true it is, but that shit scared the ship.
Speaker 2: Out of me.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn man, how you gonna get back to your kids or how you going to get back to your life? And he masterminded his way through that live in Spain. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if he live on another planet.
Speaker 2: He could get away from anybody he got.
Speaker 1: Past, for.
Speaker 2: He's for real. I was scared to death.
Speaker 1: I thought he was.
Speaker 5: I didn't think he was gonna come back. I said, damn man, that's a hostage situation, man.
Speaker 1: But he did. He did it, man, so big him up, red man or method man that's the same ship taking a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the same ship shot.
Speaker 5: You can't even you know, Come on, baby shoppy birthday, man, that's right, happy birth Yeah, wish that the saki Mama Juana. See, that's what happens when you're when you're when you're moving up in the world thinking different.
Speaker 2: He's gonna tell you it's moving down.
Speaker 1: And they make that.
Speaker 2: They make that in all it's a it's a humbrew.
Speaker 1: We make that in a tough with person. It's not in a tough person's feet and kindle. Don't you don't want none of that?
Speaker 2: Great? Yeah? Yeah, literally literally literally next one the far sider does effects.
Speaker 5: I like that, dos man me to. I tour with them, you know what I mean. I toured with them little motherfuckers with them dreads. Man. Come on, man, they don't got dreads no more, though they got seesus. I see them, see see, I'm it's like going to somebody's funeral and but you don't want to go because you want to remember them.
Speaker 2: Like that's my motivation them dreads.
Speaker 1: You know what. Wow, coming out the sewer, we get deep that we always wanted to be facts hold on all of us yes, no, no, no, and they still tear looking on the sidelines, like, what the what we got a problem? Okay, the last one for quick time, it was lived. Do you get back into the interview? Loyalty or respect?
Speaker 5: I like respect because respect comes with loyalty.
Speaker 1: That's real. I ain't gonna lie. We don't have to take a shot. But that was so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm taking serious. That was so that queen ship. That's that you make left right.
Speaker 1: Now? This is this is this question. I probably know you probably know what's going to come out. Can you and Pepe rock straight in it out?
Speaker 2: I think we could, Okay if you keep it business because.
Speaker 1: I heard you say that. I mean he said the same thing. He's keeping business. We don't have to have any feeling anymore. You just have to have that feeling of wanting to win. You're like, plus, yo, man, you brought him up.
Speaker 2: They talked about me last week.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, because you know why. You know why, and you know why because me as part of being a group, right, A lot of people don't know what it comes with, right. So you took care of our whole childhood, you guys together, right, right.
Speaker 2: So we don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is me as a fan, This is not me as a businessman. As a fan, I feel like both of y'all can put it to the side for the sake of the fans. But I don't know really what it was. Was it a business thing? What was like? The was the was it? They say, the camera on the straw off? Because outside looking at I see y'all. I'm looking at the videos. I'm sorry to be along with it, but I'm looking at the videos and I'm like, I can't.
Speaker 3: See where it written wrong. It was such a good matchup, it so perfect.
Speaker 1: Now I'm naive now because I don't know the ins and outs of this. All I know is how great y'all are together.
Speaker 5: But don't we look at every group like that, like why would it be a problem?
Speaker 2: Like why would it be a problem?
Speaker 5: That's that's capone and that's nor Riegle, Right, what's the problem? If it works, it works. It's a problem when it don't work. But if it works, shouldn't it be easier if it worked? Okay, That's how I look at it. But I also look at it as we were very young men and we came into this game nutty together right, So when we came up together, maybe other business pulled him in other directions and pulled me in other directions. You know what I'm saying. So at that time, what one point I could pick out of it? Instead of being picky, one point I could pick at it as he can be paid to stay home. I can't. I gotta go on the road and get my money as the producer. But you're going to pay him to stay home. Now, how do I get my money? That's the question, that's the million dollar question. How do cl get his money if you're keeping him home? And then, on a bonus clip, if you got my producer producing other artists while my shit is working, then I'm competing against me.
Speaker 2: And my man is helping. Let's soak that in.
Speaker 5: Let's soak it in because at the end of the day, it's not personal, bro, it's business. I want him to have what he has. This is his moment. Now what about my moment. I'm gonna have to go find my moment. I'm gonna have to go find it. So it's a different chemistry now set than what it was. What's playing with it the whole time. Now it's a different chemistry set now I gotta come with something else. Why I gotta come with something else? When I came in with the original shit, I wrote all my shit? Where's my peg? I ain't gonna get my shit from James Brown and Author Price all and all these other guys. Ohio plays. I'm talking about the records I paid for, Sam. How do I get my money back? Wow, it's a business. I love you, but it's a business. They love you, right, but you my business, So I love you different. It's my business. I'm gonna feed my man's in there now. They's six three and six two, So it don't matter no more. I'm free. But at twenty two, twenty four, these were my questions, right, So that's what it was. Back then, it looked beautiful on the outside.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, it looks so sweet.
Speaker 5: On the outside, it looked, it looked it was a sweetheart. It was a it was a cream puff. And on the inside it wasn't no butterfly. It was bats.
Speaker 3: Jesus, it was creatures.
Speaker 2: Jewish creepers. Because I'm not gonna lie to you as a hip hop.
Speaker 1: Fan, to hear like I'm gonna be this is one million percent telling them the truth. I was on the internet searching and it said Pete Rock. It goes at see Smooth and it says this is Pete Rock and I would not click on it. I did not want to see it. That's how much y'all.
Speaker 5: It took a long time for me to even respond because I'm not. I'm not. I don't like I didn't want to click on it, like I don't like drama. But see, I know how he is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know how he is now. I'm gonna be respectful. I don't know how he is now. But yeah, eight years something like that. But before that, you could be around a person and don't know that. Nigga, Right, you know what I'm saying. Every if you're not evolving, then you're not living, You're not gaining, You not, you're not earn ain't nothing because you staying the same.
Speaker 2: All my friends that stayed the same, ain't with me?
Speaker 1: Right about that?
Speaker 5: Or you change cel sure enough? You into guns and broads. I'm into flowers and curtains. I heard you be guarded it. We don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 2: We won't talk.
Speaker 5: And if and if and if it ain't nothing growing around you, if ain't nothing that I said, flowers. If ain't nothing growing around you, watch his ass, because ain't you ain't watering nothing, but you ain't cultivating nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing's growing around you. Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you because other than me seeing those two skits online, I don't feel like y'all went too far at each other.
Speaker 5: This is a long time ago now it was at I don't even feel that way no more because I got it out right. I let it build up and build up and build up and build up, and then I released it. So I don't feel that way about him no more. I don't feel that way about anybody. I want people to respect me like I respect them. But a man can't make you angry. A man is gonna make you angry. But how long is he gonna make you angry?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 5: I get that, how long you're gonna hold that four hundred pound gorell on your back till you release? And then are you gonna regret it? Or are you gonna stand on it? I like to stand on what I believe in, Like my music, you don't have to fake it, So why fake it now because you're angry or you happy? If i'm happy, I'm gonna show you my happiness. If I'm angry, I'm gonna show you I'm angry. But what is the solution? Though I'm a solution based nigga, I don't deal on emotion. I deal on solution. Do you have an answer for it? If you don't have an answer for it, then ridiculing me is not going make me do the right thing. It's gonna make me question your ability to lead me to the bag.
Speaker 2: What do you think have would say?
Speaker 1: Knowing?
Speaker 2: Would I know this is a what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that? You know?
Speaker 2: Heaf is a philosopher.
Speaker 5: He was something that have said, God damn, nigga, you never got your payday.
Speaker 2: Yes, it seemed like he would have been a fix he's a fixer.
Speaker 5: But he gave me. He did fix me with that line. Sometimes, in order for you to get money, somebody got to tell you something. He told me something. God damn, you never got your payday.
Speaker 2: So what was you supposed to do? Sit there and wallow.
Speaker 5: No, you're supposed to take whatever money you got and go make it your payday, put it into something else, Go buy something, flip it, go get some land and sit on it. Nobody got to know what you're doing as long as you ain't out here searching for the answers.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you talking about you never got your payday and going back to what you said about the samples.
Speaker 2: It has to do with the samples, the sample clearance, that's all.
Speaker 5: A part of what I'm saying is it has nothing to do with my payday.
Speaker 2: It has to do with business.
Speaker 5: If I'm paying for samples and I'm sitting home still, why am I paying for samples?
Speaker 2: So it does have to do with paying for No, No.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it again, if I'm paying for samples, like we're partners in this. Oh, I get it, now, we're partners in this. We got a bill here, right, I don't come with that bill. If I came with that bill, it would say, and they see, why OG cush my car, my new car because I gotta go to this studio with a new car.
Speaker 2: That's right, God damn yeah, How am I gonna feel this? If I don't have a new car, you gotta buy two of me?
Speaker 5: I gotta, yes, come on, So so we got a budget, worked like you got a budget. So now nothing else matters, but this project nothing else. So I know when I pay this, I'm gonna go on the road and get my money back. That's like when a nigga go re up, he going out on the block to get his money back. I'm not paying for nothing and I can't get my money back. Come on, how am I gonna be a good partner you there? How am I going to be a good businessman for you if I don't get my money back? So, no, we never got our paydaby, because we never worked it out.
Speaker 1: So what have said? That's you?
Speaker 5: He meant you, And before he died he said, Yo, I'm just so hurt that you never y'all niggas never worked it out to get your payday. You know, y'r niggas never worked it out to say, Hey, fuck all that right, let's get work, let's go, you know, work. I'm not asking for you to be my brother, no more. I'm not asking you to be my friend. I'm asking you to work, right, just work, just just work. And I'm not asking you to necessarily do it for me Because now I understand. I understand that the fans gave us a lot. We owe him. They bought a couple of houses, a couple of cars for us they bought. They gave us a few budgets, like, so can't you just give them something back, like just.
Speaker 1: Getting something.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking you to say. Yo.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna have tea together every Tuesday. Let me love you from afar. Now, I love in the space you at will come and I love it because that means you in a good mood. You're in a good space. Okay, take my good space and come to your good space. And let's give something back to the to the culture. Not because I'm pleasing you and you're pleasing me, because the fans want that, right they do.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, coming from from an era that I'm a part of, right, meaning like almost analogue, right where the records have to be made together. Right, let'spost peak tomorrow, says Yeah, I'm gonna send you ten beats. Right. Would you want to record those beats with him in the studio or would you want to stay in the confinement of your own.
Speaker 5: Place, whatever makes him comfortable, Because I'm prepared to.
Speaker 2: Do what's better. It's the project done.
Speaker 5: Whatever I'm flipping you, I'm telling you, I'm telling you I'm gonna do what needs to be done. Because I told you my ego was out the door. I'm ready to be strong. Fine ego and tough don't mean strong. It don't equite strong. Bad association spoils useful habits. So I'm not coming with a bunch of niggas to prove to you I'm strong. I'm coming to you by myself to prove that you am intelligent enough to get it the job done. That's the only thing that matter, because you ain't gonna be looking at me if the job don't get done. You ain't gonna look at me. You're gonna look at me when it gets done. And you say, yo, where you get that drill from? Where you get that hammer from? Where you get that nail? From here? Because I put it together because there's no simple clearance.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just being honest, even me hearing your voice, like I could just say, I'm just a fan of it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just sounds just like the records I love to add.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a very naive person. I realized that, like I realized that, like Reby Mad laughed at me when I told her, I was like, yo, I think I want a Terror Squad Reunion.
Speaker 2: She was like, you mean the Terror Squad and.
Speaker 1: I was like yeah.
Speaker 2: She laughed so hard. I was like, I didn't realize how gullible I was. But I want that. I wanted the last album by you and Pete.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And again I tried to not get into, you know, the personals because I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get into them. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be personal because I got my own personal business, right, so I don't want to be personal. I just want to do business if if it's healthy. If it's not healthy for him, then okay, I can understand that.
Speaker 2: Then you's telling me I'm not ready for it.
Speaker 5: I'm ready for anything that's going to close the chapter that's going, that's going keep it, taking off this question mark and put it on a closure.
Speaker 2: We close that book with yeah, no more underline.
Speaker 1: So in your opinion, what do you think it's stopping him from doing that? In your opinion, like I said, we can't speak for him, but.
Speaker 2: Certain things you can't have an opinion on.
Speaker 5: Certain things you can't think about if you're going to do it, if you're really gonna do it, nor you can't think about him, you gotta think about it. I'm gonna think about you when you come to me with it. When you don't come to me with it, I'm not thinking about you. I'm happy for you because you in a good space, because I don't want you coming into my space messing it up. When you when you trail blaze, that makes my road easier. When you don't trail blaze, then that makes my road harder. So you don't have to be together in life. You together in life, spiritually you together. You might not be down with each other or like each other, but in the fans' eyes you together.
Speaker 2: You one thing. Y'all just doing your own thing.
Speaker 5: But I was always taught in business, give them your best sell give them, give them your best product. Don't hold it five years from now and think they're gonna it's gonna be worth that. Don't give it me ten years from now and think that I could jump like that. Nah, there's only a certain space you could jump like that and work like that and real realistically in the book of life, it's closing because we in a black culture with the door closes quick.
Speaker 2: Do you understand only the only the smart.
Speaker 5: See, you can be tough halfway, but then how do you get to the finish line? Being smart? You understand. So if your life ain't good, how your career gonna be good. Your life gotta be good now for you to make your career good. So anything you do, you loving it. But when you when you got a nagging wife and your kids is hungry and your grandkid don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: Then you don't.
Speaker 5: You ain't got you ain't you ain't part. You don't got the wheel. I got the wheel, bro, I got the table. I got the table right now. So in my world, in my life, I feel like my private life is way more to resting in my career because I'm into it because that's what's going to hold up my career. If I got to look at my career to feed it then And no, you need your moves, bro, your moves to love him and respect him for what he gave you. Because you're different. Why you're gonna be mad at him? Because he different? Everybody different? You know what I'm saying, Treat people like you want to be treated, though, I'm serious, because it's too too many people dying for nothing, too many people getting hurt for nothing, and I'm saying, you got a bag and you still hanging with homie who wants you to die, who wants you.
Speaker 2: To not live.
Speaker 5: He want to unlive you unless you pay him. You know what I'm saying. See, my life is pure, my life. I didn't get to these age lucky. I got to this age strategically because I don't put myself around good and bad.
Speaker 2: It wasn't all good and what isn't all bad?
Speaker 1: That's real? So let me ask, right, because I don't know if I heard this recently. It was a rumor that, like you know, Eric Being rock Him Rock the first album that they dropped Eric Being Rock Him. I believe all of the monies went to Eric and then it was supposed to some shit like that, right where like that's the reason why you don't have no more Eric Being Rock Him albums because one budget went to one and when it came time for the other time to be to get the budget, there wasn't to be found. That's just the rumor. I have no facts of that. It was was that the part of the breakup was it my money. Never had problem with money?
Speaker 5: Wow, yo, Never one time did I have problem with money with him. Wow, I could, I could think of something, and I could think of one thing, but it ain't. It's petty. Wow, it's petty, and it's only going to open up a door. No, no, no, no, no, no, it's never been because we're on different levels of things when it comes to these women.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He was married a majority of the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, he was out there. I was strategic with so it was going to take a certain type of woman to bring me to where I want to go as a man, and that's what I got. But you know what I'm saying, right, So, yeah, we were living two different lives, but parallel to where we gotta go to get to where we need to get to get peace and tranquility, because a lot of times money is not the happiness.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's good to have when you want.
Speaker 5: To get problems out the way and fight wars. That's the only thing it's for. It's not for nothing else. It's not to dress up and be cute. It's to fight wars and make sure my family and my table and my wheel is turning.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: I don't need nothing else because I'm at a level where I just want to create. I just want to ride my muscle car. I'm an introvert. I don't really need a lot of company, you know what I'm saying. I don't need a lot of validation. I just want everybody to be good. When I see you eating, when I see your button eating, when I see Gilly the Kid eating, when I see these people eating, I'm happy because that's one less nigga with a gun.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: We don't need it because there's so much violence in this culture now.
Speaker 2: And that Biggie poc ship is like.
Speaker 5: A acorn, and this ship is like a boulder, and our ship is like a little acorn. Now, I'm talking about how the culture is nor where death is a part part of the culture now of it. Now what I don't know none of your music, but I know you're in Rikers Island, right, I know you got seven eight million dollars and you on Rikers Island.
Speaker 2: That is blowing my mind.
Speaker 1: I thought we were doing it to get out, get out, make the money, and get out. They make the money, run it in. Yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: I don't but somebody is making the money.
Speaker 3: Do you ever buy into the concept of the theory that Ice Cuban. A couple of people have said about the private prisons and the record labels being in kohoops with each other.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't listen. It seems like what.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't doubt it when I know that these millionaires, most of their investments are a prison. If I'm a billionaire, I got a prison. How am I not going to have a militia in an army and don't have a prison.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, Even even Pablo had a prison.
Speaker 3: That he can imprisoned himself and he got out of himself.
Speaker 2: Iblo had a prison.
Speaker 5: Bro. Money could do a lot of things. That don't mean you're gonna do the right thing with it. Well, you could have a lot of money and do the wrong thing with it and sustain it because that's your thing, that's your mentality, that's your mind.
Speaker 2: My thing is peace on earth because my people need it.
Speaker 5: Like they just had a meeting in la which got nothing to do with a New Yorker, but I respect it because it's black business.
Speaker 1: Y g.
Speaker 2: He did the peace walk. After that, they did the crypts did the.
Speaker 5: Sixties and all the way from the forties year because I'm a historian of black people.
Speaker 2: I'm a historian of black culture.
Speaker 5: Like one of my idols is a cryp from when I was a young kid, og Turtle. But I don't say anything because I get what I get out of it, and that's his hustle, his vision, his mentality, his swag. I'm a New Yorker. I love swag that attracts me. So I love this cause I loved his being. I loved his the way he functioned. He was a high function in person. So a lot of people don't know. I'm a world I think for the world. I don't think like a hood nigga no more. I think like the world. In all the world, there's hood niggas in it. Absolutely, you know what I'm saying. There's nothing but hood niggas in it. I learned that in Paris.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's hood niggas everywhere. This hood is speaking all types of shit.
Speaker 1: Take hood.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, And you'll calm down by force or by relation, it's however you want to do it. But in my heart, I love I know how important it is for the black man to have peace in his life, have some direction, and purpose, because it's ten times harder for us, it's ten times harder for a Spanish man. It's ten times harder. If I was white, I'd be in the stratosphere with what I wrote. I thought about that a year ago. I said, if a white man wrote Reminisce, Wow, Wow, what.
Speaker 2: Would he have?
Speaker 5: He'd have ten times more than what Corey pingut. How it's big. It's big. What the plight of a man has to go through when he's colored? And it's all over the world. I didn't listen. I grew up in New York, the Old New York, the New New York. I'm not a fan of the only thing I'm a fan of is everything is right there. I don't got to walk nowhere. Everything when I go outside is right there. The Jordan's is right there, the underwears is right there, the T shirts is right there, the socks is right there.
Speaker 2: In the restaurant might be a mile away, but I could walk. Can you walk? Can you walk?
Speaker 5: I done got all types of money, and niggas can't walk. I don't understand it. You mean you can't walk in this jungle?
Speaker 2: No more? Then you don't need to be in this jungle. No more.
Speaker 5: That's why I got money to walk into jungle, not to have some dude will hold my hand in it or need security to walk in the shit that I walked in when I was nutted. No, it should be the opposite. I'm more powerful now with money. Why can't I walk in it. I'm gonna walk in it with nothing. If I gotta wear the same clothes, they gotta wear it too. I'm a blending it, but I'm gonna be walking. I'm not paying nobody to check in and do this and do that.
Speaker 2: That's not my culture. That's not how I grew up.
Speaker 5: I don't go by rules. I go buy morals and standard.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna ask you a question. It's gonna sound cliche, but did you ever think that hip hop would go this far?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, I now say, And now that it's far, it's dangerous. Now that it's far, and with making the money that we always wanted to make you die you, how is it possible for you to win?
Speaker 2: Now? They made it impossible for you to win? Hold on? You mean, first I get the deal.
Speaker 5: Then when I get the deal, the first thing I'm gonna do in this climate is I'm gonna pay no allitment twenty thirty grand criminal attorney. So when I go to I get right out right, I get right out. You know that queen shit, get right out. That's how you know you got money, right, Because if it's sitting in the shoe box.
Speaker 2: The lawyer can't get that.
Speaker 5: When I got money, the one hundred thousand dollars check, thirty of that is going towards the criminal lawyer, because I know hanging with criminals.
Speaker 2: I'm not hanging with nothing else. I'm hanging with criminals.
Speaker 5: So criminals gonna do with now when I give him that, when I hit him off, I'm gonna be blamed for them guns. I'm gonna be blamed for them drugs. I'm gonna be blamed for that. Why because I gave it to him. They can't do what I do, but they gotta make a living. But I supply them. Now I'm in trouble. Now, if it's more than three or four of them they got.
Speaker 2: I'm in the soup. I'm in the rico.
Speaker 5: Because now I didn't take my mom and daddy and me and sell drugs. No, I took three or four of my friends and I stayed out of it.
Speaker 2: But I'm the I'm the I'm the financier.
Speaker 5: Come on, bro, now I'm going to jail again now to keep that ship, I gotta kill you, yep, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I gotta kill you. And to protect him, I gotta kill you too, because he ain't killing nothing. He too busy rapping, be too busy getting the bag. He is heavy. Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Yest's heavy because so let me Uh. The rap game has been beautiful to me, very right, but it's also been harsh, right because it's like life, right, yes, very much like life. And I remember me entering rap game and I do this to this day. Like a lot of people say, I don't work for free, right, but if it's something I.
Speaker 2: Love, I'll do it. Right.
Speaker 1: When was the moment that you was like, damn, because I heard you say earlier you said, this is business. Yeah, because we all love the rap. If you're a rapper, you just love the rap, right, it's just in you. You love to be artistic, right, right. But then there's a point where you're like, yo, this is a business. Like for me, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I was running around doing features and just doing it and Pun was like, do you know that people pay for this? I didn't know that you get paid for a feature and Pun told me that. So that was kind of like my moment where business struck me and I was like, you know what, Holy shit, I'm not here to make friends with these people. I'm here to do business. So that was my moment. When was your moment when you was like, yo, this like this is this is this is my art, this is my job, this is my career, like Whoenmen's that moment where you had because you know, we were all young. And then so women's the moment where.
Speaker 5: When I sat in the meeting and it wasn't talking about me in my future, oh elaborate, when they were talking about what my producers producing and not what I'm producing and not where I'm going. Oh wow, so it's a record label. Yeah, okay, we label electric Electric.
Speaker 1: Wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sitting there with having a meeting with her, but we're not talking about me, We're talking about him.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So just to make sense of it, You're you're in a meeting about Pete Rock and steals food, but I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: About mecking a soul brother. Yeah, okay, the group.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because now we're getting into we're not with Bob Cras now, no more.
Speaker 2: We with Sylvia wrong wrong, a black woman, yeah, strong black woman.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: And she needed all that strength and then get it. I needed it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Listen, I got a mom, I got I got a grandma. I told you about it. I got great aunts, all right, I got cousins that are like aunts.
Speaker 2: And you say you're looking at Sylvia.
Speaker 5: You're like looking at her like, okay, if this white man is gonna give me all this money, imagine.
Speaker 2: What she gonna give me.
Speaker 5: Good point. Now we're human. Now you can be wrong. You could be blocking up the wrong tree. You understand, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: So you were wrong. You said it was wrong.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 5: I was totally out of the loop and I was expendable.
Speaker 2: Because you gotta work.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Let me just say something because right now we're going to the president. Would think and yes, so you're saying your voting for con.
Speaker 2: Saying I should have been shot, and let me get a set. My god, I don't know what's going on. Your here's your talking.
Speaker 1: You will talk.
Speaker 2: I ain't come here.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving, okay, I got no thing against them because I'm self made.
Speaker 2: You didn't give it to me like he was supposed to.
Speaker 1: But you're saying, when Sylvia Room, you got this, they get no money.
Speaker 5: I got let loose. I was expendable because I felt I could be wrong. Like I said, I came in all wrong. I came in with the wrong attitude because I was a young nigga expecting this. And then when I came in here and expect that, why am I here? So listen, as a young man, I acted that way. Do I blame him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Because you're only twenty five for a little bit, right, Okay, now I'm this way. I'm gonna handle it different because I'm wiser, I'm older. But back then, I wasn't trying to hear that, Like, what do you mean I'm expendable?
Speaker 2: How does this?
Speaker 5: So you're taking his groups and you're saying that's more important than his group?
Speaker 2: So with my shit. See, we don't know that they literally told you that.
Speaker 5: Listen, we're only here to talk to inside of shit, not the outside of shit.
Speaker 2: But did they tell you that that you were expendable like that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: They showed me in this game. They don't tell you.
Speaker 5: They show you you expendable, you don't mean nothing because they feel if I gave him.
Speaker 2: Listen, you ain't give me no money.
Speaker 5: If you gave him some money, then you expect him to do what you want him to do. But you didn't give me no money, and you didn't ask him when you gave him that money. Do I have anything to do with the success of what he's doing? So where's my money? That's business. That's not thinking like a person that money hungry. Why am I here in this building when I could be on the corner smoking reefer in shooting dice. Why am I here when I could be in front of my business smoking reefer and shooting dice over there too. Come on, give me something that I don't have. That's business.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, right because I had Leo Cohn's here and I had to ask Leo Cohns straight up. I was like, do you think you are the reason why Rockefeller broke up? Do you think the reason you and Pete is going through whatever y'are going through is because of the record label and not be it's not a director.
Speaker 5: It's partly the blame because if you're going to give somebody some money on the side to stay home, to do my money is to go on the roll. If he's not going to duck, yeah, then it's a duck. Come on, Why we gotta go there? I just want some money and get out of this building, right right. Let me fulfill six whatever you got on the table, and I'm out because I asked Bob kras Now for this and he gave it till he was select records. Who is Bob Bob kras Now? And what's the Spanish dude's name? Ruben?
Speaker 1: Not Rick Rubin. Obviously you're not talking about jelly Bean.
Speaker 5: There's another Spanish dude, and I feel embarrassed that I forgot his name. I almost think he took me to dinner with Teddy Pendergrass. Yeah, man, he took me to dinner with Teddy Pendergrass. And I can't remember his name because I'm drinking on drinking. Who is after Bob kras Now at Electra?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but no, it was a Spanisher. He learned English, some guy he blamed learning English, right, and gave ship some money?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, so damn gave me a lot of money, man, damn.
Speaker 5: And and Daunte Ross got some checks. Daunte Ross cuts some checks and I love Dante. We needn't shell Be need Shelby, need big publicists. That ship is so strong I can smell it here. Ship yees, come on, I'll be on my porch with the Hennessy.
Speaker 1: But this is how I know you're a Caribbean nigga, because you're drinking Hennessy Wright.
Speaker 2: That's that's the only Caribbean on vacation every day. I'm alive.
Speaker 1: That was the correct Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So God comes down right right and God said, see, I want you to make one record, and you got one producer to pick to save humanity, any type of record you're gonna make, and you get one feature.
Speaker 1: God asked you that, and what producer would you pick? And what artists would you pick?
Speaker 2: All time?
Speaker 1: They could be dead alive anything producing an artists.
Speaker 5: Me and Nas is going to Primo House, you and Nas. Me and Nas are going to Primo the Premier House. Yeah, we're going to Premiers. Holy shit, we're going to write over there and make some of that walk that big ball. I can see like that's like run DMC. That's like changing your life. See, I want to do things that change your life. You know what I'm saying, old, young, middle to change your life. Make a move because we're only here on earth for a little while, so why not make the move because we're gonna be up there shining.
Speaker 2: Make the move.
Speaker 1: I can hear this record, make the move here, last record I would have loved. You know.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I'm mad at Pete Rock about is that we didn't make a record with Nas.
Speaker 2: And he was willing to do that.
Speaker 5: Nas was willing to He was willing to do that on one condition that you get back together.
Speaker 1: Nah, don't say this, No, no, say what I told you first.
Speaker 2: Please look look there's the book.
Speaker 3: That business model right here, the business model for you, the documentary Mass Appeal produces it. All that sim we'll get back together and do a record on Mass Appeal.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so dope. That's so dope. I like business like that. That's so dope. Doesn't even take.
Speaker 5: Me out of mind, my ship, because you know what's so dope about this is we had Nas on here, right And I asked Nas a question, have anybody ever fronted on you?
Speaker 2: And now I said, yes, Prince fronted on me.
Speaker 1: Because Prince said he wouldn't do a record with me because he didn't own He didn't own his own mask. This is, by the way, I have no facts on this other than what I said the importance of these records. So you know, let me tell you something that is so dope up now to go in his inner childhood and say, I'll do the record with y'all like this, but.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get back again, gotta get back together.
Speaker 1: That's dope, bro.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be a part of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know he really want to do and I respect that what I really want to do, yes, Like I know that's your business, yes, but I know what I really want to do, right, So I respected that and that's I do too, and me I do too that that was bigger than just doing the record showing me something, Yeah, because I mean because I just literally love you. I love it like this though, you know what I mean. Don't give me the don't give me the burger without the bun, just give me the pun.
Speaker 1: He low call died. He ain't on a low call die. Let me just tell you something just in case you don't know. And I try to tell it to Pete. And I'm gonna tell it to you. Your brother's really changed probably everybody in this room life. And sometimes you know when a thing is outdone, I know how it is. You don't want to revisit certain certain things sometimes. But to people in this room, fans, people that support your movement, that's something that we really really, really really really want. And I, like I said, I've been searching you so much, and I can see your militant your militant mind statements like Yo, we don't even gotta be in Like whatever, you can send me the beat, let's get this guest, let's give it to the fans. Yeah, what makes you comfortable? And I like that whatever you love, I can adapt to see. It's all about adaptation.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: If if I can't adapt and I can't see, I'm a firm believer in being uncomfortable to get comfortable. I'm a firm believer in that because if you're not ready to work under hostile conditions, then you can't work period. So you just delay in the process of failure. Because you can't work under hostile conditions. You can't work when it ain't in your favor, when when the when the percentages are tilted, you ain't showing. Oh, I could work around that, because little small things make big things.
Speaker 2: Little small things add up to big things.
Speaker 5: But if you're not willing to only do big and not do small, then you ain't gonna have nothing. I know that in business because it's a chemistry set. In business, it's a chemistry set. But it's also based on who you are and what you want are you Are you a functioning, high quality function in person or are you low functioning?
Speaker 2: It depends on what you want to do.
Speaker 1: So the friendship stopped? What was the point where or did it? Did the friend What was the point where you and peace friendship stopped?
Speaker 2: Because like I feel like I feel like.
Speaker 5: I feel like our friendship is it's a friendship that's fractured but keeps going.
Speaker 2: It's it's something that like.
Speaker 5: I can get rid of any other friend, but you you know what I'm saying, Like like I could get rid of any other friend, but you you my friend.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like like that, but I could get rid of anybody, but you, And I know I know for sure one thing for certain, two things you.
Speaker 2: Can't get rid of me. I understand you so much.
Speaker 5: You listen, I understand we got We always will have a common knowlogy, even though we think different. We're gonna have a common knowlogy because in life's plight, you are my brother.
Speaker 2: I could see all day.
Speaker 5: You ain't my brother, You ain't my friend. You ain't nothing to me. I got my own money. You ain't buy my house, you ain't buy my cars? What bank account? I'm a hunt. I'm well over with the what you gave me. But that's not what the people feel. Fuck you, that's not what the people feel. The people feel. You guys are brothers. You how much money do you got because you came in here? Nutty? So what you mean you bigger with the money or without the money? You make right decisions with money or without money? No, I make the right decision period because I'm a man, not because I got money. Because I'm a man and I done set it up to be a man. Look, many motherfuckers ain't no man. I mean they ain't no man.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of not man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm paying the penalty for being a man, a man's man.
Speaker 2: How much that cost?
Speaker 5: You got to go through something to make the money stay right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yo, that's it is.
Speaker 5: So it's like because we twins, and in life, they're not gonna get what a person thinks. There's always gonna be people that got more money than me, as much money than me, and less money than me. As long as I'm breathing, I'm not keeping the that I'm keeping account of my moves. Do you understand, because when the pandemic was here, I was living in my shoe box. Hip hop wasn't earning nothing, and I was just having things that I already paid for that wasn't struggling. My house is done, my shit is done. All I gotta do is maintain. I'm past the stage of struggling. It's about your moves now. If you make the wrong move, you're gonna struggle, You're gonna be hurt. But if you got the right foundation and you got the wheel, you know what it is. You know what it is to move that wheel and how what the results are going to be. Because the love gotta be there. The love gotta be there. Man, You gotta love what you do. You can't fake what you do. You can't be fake because at some point you're gonna explode.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do this now more. I'm sick of Yeah, yeah, you're you're losing it. You're out of your character.
Speaker 1: So you got the whole album dropping with Peter Guns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my man, The Odd Couple, ain't it odd?
Speaker 1: I always wanted, by the way, I'm jealous of you because I always wanted to use that. That ain't all because I know, you know, I've seen The Odd Couple, the actual TV show. I've seen it, So I always wanted to use that for a title, and y'all beat me to it. So you're like, skin, it's a volume. You know, I'm gonna get on the hour, right, y'all. I'm gonna save him birth. But how did this come about?
Speaker 5: Just hanging out with him and and and vibing off him? Because when you see the TV you get another version of him. That's just it's just, sweetheart. He's my brother. He's my brother, you know what I'm saying. And for me, I always tease him. I say, yeah, damn man, another Peter huh.
Speaker 2: You the motherfuckers? Don't you just pop up? You know what I mean? Dude. But I'm gonna try it out because.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a gambler, just.
Speaker 2: Make sure it works.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't strike out twice, right, right, So yeah, we had this this project called the Odd Couple. Man, it's like an EP and we got all different songs of just complimenting each other. He's like more like a Oscar and I more like a Felix and compliment each other. Man. Okay, we got an album it's just me and him. And we got Primo. Oh no, pardon me. We got large Professor Professor. We got large Professor on two joints, and then we got Terminology Terminologies. We got Terminology and we got static Selector Selector.
Speaker 2: Which is it the same person?
Speaker 5: Terminogy, Instatus, Terminology and with their crew. What I want to thank them for is that I made a record with Paul Wall and that was a dope joint. Yes, I mean that was a dope joint. So I really love that they are on their grind. What did you get your ship? Professionally wrote, I mean, yeah, it's Borus. He's from Peru.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's yeah, he wrestles alligators.
Speaker 2: I like to say that, yeah, but she won.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to personally thank you.
Speaker 2: You heard.
Speaker 1: I want to personally thank you because what you did to hip hop, we all owe you, all of us oh all of us. When I say you changed the game, I'm dead serious. Like, you changed the way people rhyme, you change the way people walk, you change.
Speaker 2: The way people made it classic too, and you made it classy and you made it classic.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to thank you to your face, besides the flowers, besides everything, because.
Speaker 2: You are truly a legend. You're truly an icon.
Speaker 1: And I loved when I was just you know, you know, I'm searching you, and I'm like, damn, from that point of the game, the game has changed and it changed for the better, and that's because of you.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to thank you to your face.
Speaker 1: Because that's real, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 1: And we wanted to give your flowers from the beginning of us starting the show right absolutely, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no no, we've been talking you on the loft.
Speaker 5: Let me get my lighter back. I'll tell you, I'm always taking it about you.
Speaker 1: Whenever you know that light, that light of that that's when you know, take your lighter for you.
Speaker 2: You don't smoke, you don't know that.
Speaker 5: I heard.
Speaker 1: You talk about one time you had a fight and Heavy D pulled up on you and told you to get in the car, and you and and you got you got mad or haven't got mad because you didn't get in the car at first.
Speaker 2: You still wanted to get it in. That was some fight, some some fight. Wow.
Speaker 5: That was over a girl and she was really my friend. You ain't smash no, okay because she was really my friend.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: See I had a lot of female friends like I had a lot of male friends, and we had that same mutual respect for each other. Like I have some friends. You have some friends that you can smash. Then you have some friends that y'all just make fried hot dogs, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just y'all just flip uh you say, yeah, never heard of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, hot dogs, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah you fry the bun. You you toast the bun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you slice the hot in the middle, slice it down the middle when you.
Speaker 1: This conversation.
Speaker 5: Anyway anyway, Yeah, so yeah, you know, you just have some friends that you bond with, you do things with other than when you're with your male friends. So our younger cousins were together, they was they was kicking it, and you told your home his friends is the female friend that I had that was going with Troy that's wow, that's his girl. But it was my friend not knowing. I didn't know Troy back then, but our little cousins were together, so we were chaperoning.
Speaker 1: So you're basically saying that you and Troy had beef.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Troy eventually.
Speaker 5: Long story short, yes, long story short, Yes he's my brother, but you have beef at first, absolutely over this girl, over this girl. But it was really my little cousin going with her little cousin and we were chaperoning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's how we were together.
Speaker 5: I couldn't leave him in Mount Vernon to go there by itself, so I went with him, you know what I'm saying. So that's how we were doing it. And it wasn't appreciated at first. He pulled up half No, no, no, it wasn't heavy. It was just him and his goons, right, okay. And then she talked to him and they worked it out. And then one day, like maybe a year later, when they were up, when they were really up, and I wasn't nothing had to be like I don't know, I know, I had night school and I had to make up some classes to graduate, and they were already up.
Speaker 2: It was the eighties.
Speaker 5: They were already up, and they came on the block and they asked, can we get a.
Speaker 2: Fair one with me?
Speaker 5: But I was I didn't know what they were talking about, really, but that's what they were talking about. So they were asking my friends could they get a fair one? They thought you were smashing the homie, yeah, but I thought it was over. I thought it was over. Evidently it wasn't. So they came on the block and a few dudes lined up in front of me.
Speaker 2: But you know, I wasn't. I heard you say the block was bumping at it.
Speaker 5: It was bangingeah, the buses was moving, it was traffic, and long story short, once they got the co sign, it was like five or six dudes jumping on me right. So once they pulled everybody off of me, then that's when the fight started. But I was really messed up, you know what I mean. And I had taken a like a like a somebody had a spike ring right now. From that spike ring and punched me where I could put my lip through my my tongue through my lip, I could put my tongue through my lip, and I was swallowing all that blood I could just taste it. But see when I when I taste that blood, it does something to me. But I was still messed up, mind you. But when we got out in the street and I got my head together, we performed, well, perform well, you know what I'm saying. And you see what they don't understand is it's hard to fight a left handed person.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, I heard you said the dude.
Speaker 5: Was south for it's hard to fight a lit left handed person. Because I'm left handed, it's hard to fight me. Oh, it's hard. It's hard to fight me because you don't know where it's coming from. It's the blind side of whatever you're doing. Everybody, So when you throw the right hand, when you throw the right hand, I'm coming over the right hand, so you're not seeing You're seeing your punch, but you're not seeing my punch. If I was right handed, you could see my punches. But I'm left handed, so you can't see my punches. So nine times out of ten, every time I had to fight, you either try to scoop me. After a while, you try to scoop me, and that's when you lose. That's when you lose. When you try to scoop me.
Speaker 2: You really did like a boxer.
Speaker 5: But I studied all the boxing. Yeah, I'm telling you, I thought I was going to be a boxer. I studied all the boxing. I used to run jog with my dog. I used to jog with my dog. I used to think, Lo, listen. I can't take losses. I can't take beatens. That's the only thing I can't take. I can't take beatens from my mom, my dad, and the niggas on the street. I can't take the beat So what are you gonna do about it? I gotta figure it out, you know what I'm saying. I never at fifteen. I never hung with a kid fifteen. My friends was like thirty thirty two.
Speaker 3: Damn fifteen thirty fifteen to thirty Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Because the streets were different back then. It was you gotta think the streets. A dude with a third grade education could have can have a multi millionaire business on the corner. So how is he not gonna mess with a fifteen year old or a fourteen year old or twelve year old.
Speaker 2: That's how we learned.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 3: The other thing you said that I think is lost is chaperoning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chaperone. That's not happening anymore.
Speaker 3: Noah, people ain't ain't taking they siblings or their cousins.
Speaker 5: What I cared about my cousin, and I kid what happened to him, and I knew the climate, So I wanted him to have a good time, not get hurt. Not figure out that this girl is not who you should be with. But figure it out yourself. But I'm here. When it messes up.
Speaker 2: We'll hear about it. Nobody's taking care of their.
Speaker 5: It's all about family, you know what I'm saying. You're gonna look out for family. If it's your family and it's your close friend and it's somebody that means something that you're gonna look out for them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna let them go into something that could hurt them, you know, so especially when they're a couple of years younger than you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: But that was a that was a real famous fight in the town. I was a heavy fight in the town and we became best friends. Have picked us up and I didn't want to get in the car. He picked both of y'all up. He had him in the car already in the back seat. Oh, that's why you didn't want to get in. I didn't want to get in because his brother.
Speaker 2: Hit you in the back of the head.
Speaker 5: His brother kept hitting me in the back of the head. But then my friend hit his brother. And when his brother, his brother didn't just when my friend hit him, he felt like this not crumbled. We felt like he was already knocked out. And hit his head and bust his head like timber and hit his head the back of his head and the blood start coming out of him. So when we saw that, we figured, now the fight is really on. Because they kept saying, you came up here to fight him. Now you you keep jumping in. It's when when you're losing, you keep jumping in. And I already knew how to concussion. He was giving me two or three concussions. I already knew how to concussion. When they jumped on me the first time, I knew how to concussion. So that's how it was really a real, real fight. But through all of that, heav was mad at Troy for going up there and challenging the whole thing. And after that, God is good. We became brothers. We became tight. And you know when it happened. When he died, I felt something. I felt bad because I knew when we had that fight he transferred all his riches over to me. I knew it when he did that because I was nutted and he was up. But when he did that, he changed my life for the better. That one fight changed my life, and it put me on a path to work with Eddie f to work with v Ed, to work with Pete Rock, to work with I'll be sure, to work with Jeff Red.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of groups that when.
Speaker 3: You say that elevated like it brought you in, Like, how did you mean because you messing like fighting him or having before him brought you in.
Speaker 5: That I was a nobody. He fought a nobody, net him somebody. Wow, he should have avoided that nobody. Wow, he made them somebody.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 5: See, these are the lessons you learn in life when you are intelligent enough to sit back in your easy chair and see the vision of it and how you could teach your grandson and your sons how this thing go.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's stop me for one second. That's why I know you're thinking like a boxer. Let me just take you something because it's a boxer that night, and when you fight, you are on that same boxers level. It does not matter if you Muhammad Ali and you fucking this blunt right here, Bahama, it's on the same level. That's how I know you're thinking like a box I just didn't want to lose. I just didn't want to lose.
Speaker 5: And I know how horrific it was in those days to lose, because it wasn't like getting shot. You're getting your ass walked, you know what I'm saying, so that when they ask you for that five minutes, it's really your ass getting war So it's like drowning. It's like drowning. You can't control what another person's doing to you. And that was always my deep dark fear that I can't have that at all. And I know you're better than me, but I got tricks, and when I don't use them tricks, that's when I'm gonna lose. But I'm gonna got tricks for you, because all my old friends, by the time they got finished with me, nobody in junior high school could deal with me unless you were one hundred pounds bigger. That's the only time I lost, and when I was one hundred. You were one hundred pounds bigger than me. So you can move me, you can rag doll me, you can smother my stuff, and next thing I know, my head is being slammed into a park call. That's how it was back in them days. You could get a fair that one. Yeah, for real, I wish they bring that back. There'll be a lot more people, a lot and there'll be a lot more men being formed, because that's what made men. When you could get that five minutes win to lose, I didn't win them. All was you don't want to fight again. You know what I'm saying, You don't want to fight again.
Speaker 2: It's like and do you know they end up respecting you.
Speaker 5: Your enemies become your friends, and your friends become your enemies when you get money.
Speaker 1: That's what happened with you enjoyed I became friends that.
Speaker 2: It became friends.
Speaker 5: And when you become friends and you have those type of friends, then you change.
Speaker 2: Your outlook on friendship.
Speaker 5: The friends you had before are not your friends anymore because they can't relate to you anymore. They don't see your growth, they don't see your maturity, they don't see your elevation. They don't see your God. They on demon time? And you you, you like, what are you talking about? Everything I got from God? What you got from the devil? Everything I got is from God. I thought it was me. I was telling you it was me, but I didn't know it wasn't me. It was God giving me everything. I'm telling you cross over so you can get what I get. But you on demon time. You keep professing it. So it has to come true. So don't get mad when I have more than you.
Speaker 1: So how did y'all? How did y'all? Because how did y'all actually go from being foes to friends?
Speaker 5: He connected it because heav was the one that brought He brought the reality to it.
Speaker 2: He brought the facts to it.
Speaker 5: Like you you are on the job, You are in the spotlight. No, no, I wasn't in the spotlight. Troy was in the spotlight. Troy was on the album covers. Troy was that guy. I was never that guy. Troy made that guy at that night. He made that night. Nobody knew it, but he made Corey that night. See, certain things have to happen in order for you to be you. It don't take you to be you sometime it take another person to be you, then another person introduces you when you get bigger. You know what I'm saying. It's about networking. We didn't have all that other stuff back then, but the networking. If you official, you official. If you are lame, you are lame. If you unproductive, you unproductive. But even the unproductive dudes got some love because they knew he might be unproductive. But when Homie get off that porch, he's gonna fire away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he's not a thinker, he's a deer. You know what I mean. Let me do the thinking, you do the doing. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Real talk, real talk, man, Jesus, we had fun in those days. Yes, those were like I'm an old New Yorker. I always tell everybody this New New York I'm not from. I'm from the town, but I'm from the old New York. You know what I mean, down to the blackouts and the serial killers. I'm from the old New York. I'm from the old New York. I remember when, and it's not the negative part is that when everybody was alive.
Speaker 1: I remember when everybody with Disney wasn't there. There you go and everybody was alive. Shows.
Speaker 5: Everybody was alive, everybody was out of jail, everybody wasn't literally in the graveyard.
Speaker 1: And none of us sound like each other as artists.
Speaker 5: No, you wanted to be different in the stick of kids who you wanted to be like, yes, that's real because they had it all.
Speaker 1: That's real. I remember I used to get pulled over and tell the people I'm a rapper. That was cool. Now i'll get pulled over, I'll tell them I'm a drug dealer. Loog it. It's safer to be a drug dealer and a rapper right now, like this city is crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you realize.
Speaker 1: The drug dealer and a rapper kind of like switch sides, Because at one point, it.
Speaker 2: Was so cool to be a drug dealer, right, that's all.
Speaker 1: We had, And then we realized their fate was two different things. Right, it was either jail or whatever. But then the rapper took over. Right, But now the rapper is becoming a drug dealer. It's the fate's the same. Did you ever think that you would see that.
Speaker 5: I would never think it because we were always trying to get out, like we're talking about it out the ghetto.
Speaker 2: We wasn't trying to come.
Speaker 5: The only reason why the dealers were in the ghetto with their money is because.
Speaker 2: Their business was there.
Speaker 1: That's real.
Speaker 5: Their business was there, so in order to do their business, they got to be there. If they're not there, they ain't doing no business.
Speaker 1: That's real.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So when I became a rapper, my thing was to get out too. I don't want to I don't want a house next to you. I don't want to live next to the stick up kid. I don't want to live next to the drug dealer. I don't want to live next to the dude that extorting somebody or or he's a mugger.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to jail all the time I go visit over there.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to stay over there because I know it's just a matter of time. When I elevate, they coming to my spot. When I want something, they coming. You're never too big to get robbed. It's you never too big to get robbed. Come on, I just can't live with it. That's the only thing difference with me is that you could take a little change from me, and I'm willing to die for it because I'm not built like that. You gotta rob the dead body. I'm not conditioned to give you my stuff. I'm conditioned to die because this is what I'm willing to wear.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's what you could live with. Some people could live with giving it up.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could live with that because once I do that, you gotta keep giving it up.
Speaker 2: And I'm not with that.
Speaker 5: So let's go in our range of what we do and how we do it, and not over extend ourselves. That's why I said I like to live under my means, but in a better neighborhood than you, right, Because how we're going to survive if we don't got no good base. Even al Qaeda got a good base, Sure to blow up ship. You gotta have a good base.
Speaker 2: Your ship. Land.
Speaker 5: You ain't got a good base that ship, come right back and blow up your ship.
Speaker 10: Come on, bro.
Speaker 5: No, it takes the base for you. Your foundation, right, that's what it is. The basis a foundation that you build off of. And if you if on that foundation, if you build straw, you know you could burn it down. If you build it with bricks, it's gonna be sturdy. So that's a good foundation. As long as your foundation is good, anything is possible. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Let me I know I asked you this a little bit earlier in a different way. But again for me, I love the rap I had, you know, as at least at one point that was that was my craftmanship. But when I had to turn it into business, I kind of like hated it because I had to look at every look, every fast, every fast of here. When I looked at and by the way, God bless me for everybody else in this room, I know that this question might be just for me, because when I did look at every facet of it, I was disgusted fast as far as hell, like as far as to like.
Speaker 2: Like I'm actually.
Speaker 1: I'm actually like when let me just say it to myself, like I was actually a pawn in this when I looked at it, like this was a high loan that I accepted that I signed for.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this a lot.
Speaker 1: I signed for, I accepted I signed for, and I always like I was like the dumb kid that said, you know what, I know this this deal is bad, but the next one is going to be greater. Right, So that's and then I realized doing this show that everyone else thought like me too.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's how you flip it after that? No, yes, of course.
Speaker 1: When it was your first deal, did you read it and know that this might have not been the right thing to sign, but you still did it?
Speaker 2: Just like I did? You know what? You're asking me a question? I don't know shit about? What do you mean? Because it's like, I don't remember if it was good or not. There's an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't remember if it was Like who says, Oh, I know about that deal?
Speaker 2: I know especially came from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have nothing I know about that. I needed Eddie, I needed have I needed?
Speaker 2: I need it?
Speaker 1: Shit?
Speaker 2: Like, what do I know? How Listen, I ain't going to school for that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How do I know what good?
Speaker 1: It is bad?
Speaker 5: How do I know unless he told me? If he told me it is good, then it must be good. If it ain't good, he gonna get his neck broke.
Speaker 1: And who he's saying when you say here here is whoever?
Speaker 5: Because isn't that what was going on back there? You're right, how are you going to tell these little kids you robbing them?
Speaker 2: You can't. That's why I said it's predatory lending.
Speaker 5: Right, So so I'm thinking as I get older and get twenty five, your foot is in the door, make it work.
Speaker 2: Get the other foot in. That's exactly how Yeah, I don't care what you're robbing me. That's the right of passage.
Speaker 1: Robbing me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now once you're finished robbing me, can I plug the whole? Do I know how to plug it? Do I know how to make it to where they're not robbing me no more? And plug the hole? And then now the oiling leaking, now the air rain coming out of the balloon.
Speaker 2: Now can I get money now? Because I know you rob me here?
Speaker 5: So now you can't rob me because as I'm going on, I'm educating myself to what I'm getting into. It's like I ain't know what Rykers Island was about till I got there, bro, And then when I got there, there's certain things you gotta do when you get there.
Speaker 2: It's not viola, it's not val Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, so two different things, right, So you have to know how to adapt to whatever you're doing. If you don't know you're getting robbed because you're getting money and it's nutted, So you don't know you're getting robbed till you get educated.
Speaker 2: Then you start fixing yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm sure every drug dealer that's a kingpin, they got robbed first before they knew how toy, before they knew how to whip that motherfucking shit, like right, so they was getting robbed till he knew how to risk that joint and stretch that motherfucking thing and make it what it is. Now he don't need you no more because now he know what to do. You can't rob him no more. So he gonna take his show on the road. And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: That was. That was a write of passage back then to get robbed.
Speaker 5: Now, when you get robbed, it's so many variables to the reclabels I'm talking about right now. Back then you could get robbed and nobody ever know it till you die, right yes, Now when you get robbed, they know it right away. Yeah, yeah, they know or right away yeah, well it ain't no delay as soon as you wake up. He took this, He took that, yo. Like I told you, I'm so in all their real life, not their music business. Their music business just introduced me to their real life. Like you really go through those problems with seven million dollars I ain't going to that problem with seven hundred thousand. You really paying them niggas and they acting like that when you're in jail and they coming yo.
Speaker 2: That shit is like a movie. To me, I'm like a YouTube junkie to it. Listen.
Speaker 5: How I keep myself hip is not being some old man around young niggas.
Speaker 2: It's outside looking in for the spectrum.
Speaker 5: And social media allows you to look into people's lives without even fucking with them, without even knowing them you did, without even having no stakes in what they doing. Just now, if it was my job to bust you, Lord, have mercy. How are you surviving. I'll be a church boy. I'll be a choir boy. How are you surviving with the cameras on the street? You bringing the camera every time you do a murder? Can stick up?
Speaker 2: Come on, bro?
Speaker 5: What we doing man? I thought the whole objective is to get away with it. Now your shit is to take ownership of it and do thirty forty years with fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: To slut your ops.
Speaker 5: Know you didn't with fifteen million dollars in the bank doing that.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, this world is different.
Speaker 5: I'm supposed to be an old man, because I don't want to grow up with them making those mistakes. Now I could see you. You shot up four people that try to rob your drug spot. That's my error, you know what I mean? You're a serial killer. You got busted. You're doing one hundred and fifty years. Yeah, that's my error.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: This getting fifteen million and coming back to fire away at niggas who don't got three hundred dollars getting killed.
Speaker 2: In an uber?
Speaker 5: No, come on, and you driving may back and you're killing a nigga in an uber? Come on, man, dancing on grades. You needed money for that. I'm gonna say it again. You needed money for that. You should have no money and you got fifteen million. You can find something else to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, and the music, the music predicates that you do that. What kind of music is that? And everything sound the same? Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill. I love you? Wait that killing shit make me not trust you. So when you say you're a rapper, now, what do you mean? That's like saying I go to Iraq and I shoot people. You're a soldier? You getting ready to die? Any Why you buying watches?
Speaker 2: You're gonna be here, but let's be honest here.
Speaker 3: There's there's a lot of there's a lot of dope artists out there, young artists, oh that are doing dope shit that are not that.
Speaker 5: Hold on, why do they take the best artists and kill them?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 5: You leave us with shit you ain't yo the ones coming after them? Come on, let's be keeping one hundred dang like that. You're killing the best shit. You just killed the best shit. I know the difference when apple is bruised or it's pure.
Speaker 2: I know the difference.
Speaker 5: Bro. Wh Why are you killing the best shit and you're leaving us with the alternatives? The twelve nigga off the bench. That nigga ain't Jordan, that nigga ain't Kobe. You just killed them. How how is this a business? It's beyond business. It's monkey business. Without trees to swing on, you're just slamming your head on the concrete. You're just swinging in the air and your head hit the concrete.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, how we doing this? Man?
Speaker 5: I love for in order for us young people to win and win big people. How young people gotta win. I don't see no white kids with those type of problems. I don't see no air Arab kids with those type of problems. I don't see it. While we got that problem, why we can't love you and cherish you? Why you got to kill your own good shit? You just killed pop smoke man, and then you come behind them with what he's the best? What are you coming with? He's the best and you killed him, right? You killed them, and you want us to settle for you. I don't really feel that. I don't really feel I remember when you ain't even know our mothers. Now you know everybody? Mother, I told you, oh you they everybody's in their business. Everybody's in everybody's business. Man, that's some punk shit. I don't I don't get it. They know your mom, they know they know who you ain't supposed to know my mom my dad. Let's keep it on this, you know what I mean? Like, nobody know who Aaron Judge parents is.
Speaker 2: Nobody care Derek jetera cool, they're in the box.
Speaker 1: No, we know Jerry Jedda Well parents is white and black.
Speaker 5: But see that's the point. There's a place for it, there's a there's a position for it. Nobody want to see a black mother in a Spanish mother crying over you killed they kid with seven eight twenty million with the potential to have a hundred million.
Speaker 2: So what does that say for our culture? It's a destructive culture.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 5: Who somebody has to win from this destructive culture?
Speaker 2: Who wins? There's a winner, God, who wins?
Speaker 5: Dan you when you find out who wins, aren't you fucking disgusted? We was disgusted when we got robbed. It's bigger than that, now, bigger than that. Yeah, we end up getting that money.
Speaker 2: We end up getting that money back.
Speaker 3: But hold hold, hold up, because when I was when I was saying there's dope artists, there's dope artists beyond the artists that are talking because some of the artists were.
Speaker 2: Mentioned we're talking the street shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of young dope artists that aren't talking the street shit that are lyrical mcs that that are in this.
Speaker 2: Whole youth culture.
Speaker 3: Digzel Curry, Denzel Curry or Coast Contra.
Speaker 2: What is a contract with colost Contra?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Those guys with those guys off the chain, No, those guys off the chain. There's a bunch of dope young art The thing is the difference between our era and this era is it's so many artists it's hard to keep track. There could be an artist that does festivals and has millions of fans that we would never even know if they ask us.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like our brother Russ. I love Russ, You would never know Russ, and I love what Russ is doing. But I look and I see and no one like, you know what I mean, like that kind of co science for us, But I do. But but but my point is this, I mean, it's this fan base, right, but but this is my point. My point is this is that we concentrate on the negative because the negative shines the most. The controversy shines the most, the negativity.
Speaker 2: We're all we're all attracted. We're all attracted to negative.
Speaker 5: Death doesn't come with the element then it gris by the way, you have.
Speaker 3: This dope ass artist over here that's killing the game. But this person does this or gets killed, and we're all here. We're not here with this guy who has a million or girl who has a million plus fan base that's positive.
Speaker 11: And as a true MC and is of the culture. We're not here. We're over here. It was one net at one time. Right now, it's pockets of wrap. But we need to we need to pocket open ourselves to this pocket.
Speaker 5: This pocket might have drill, this pocket might have trap, this pocket might have conscious, and this pocket might have.
Speaker 2: Ratchet. Let me ask, let me change the subject. No, no, no, we shouldn't change the subject.
Speaker 3: Okay, we should stay on the subject, stay on it because I think this is important for us to speak about, because I think that there's there's a lot of positivity in the culture that we just don't shine a light on.
Speaker 2: That's this not a hole.
Speaker 5: See, you can't shine light on something that pockets of things override. You're right, it overrides it because you're saying, Okay, now, if I come in with ratchet, you ain't selling.
Speaker 2: If I come in with drill, you ain't selling. Now.
Speaker 5: The only thing that I positive I give to the whole concept of when it was a hole is that the insurance was lower. You can get somewhere now you insurance is high for these artists, these young artists. Yeah, they're getting a lot of money, but you you gotta be on the tour, you can't spot date, you can't do all of these things because the insurance is so enormous. Because somebody's gonna get shot.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that this artist over here on the negative tip is making more bread than this artists over here?
Speaker 2: Is it's not It's actually not true. I don't say no, that's what I know. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Is because we're living in a time fortunately for these artists that they find their fan base and they're playing festivals, and they're they've got direct to consumer and they're they're making millions of dollars. But if you ask you me or you hey, do you know MC song, so it'll be like I heard of them because they're not directly in our gram feed.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, but I also agree that he's not getting in trouble. So he's banking all his money minus of what his business consists of. But that same guy is getting in trouble. Not only does he have to spend the money to stay out to get out of trouble, but he has to keep up with the god that's not getting in trouble.
Speaker 2: So he has to make more right. No, that has to make more right.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that guy is not going to be in demand like this serial killer.
Speaker 3: No way, the serial killers and themand serial killers, the man with the serial killer, which which corn flakes or listen.
Speaker 5: When that insurance is high, that's a high demand because in order for you to even consider it, it has to be in demand. So that nice guy, he's gonna go steady. I love the nice guy. That's like my dad. He's the nice guy. Everybody had way more money than them, and they went to jail. But he kept on along, kept his house and queens paid it off. But these guys have millions of dollars and ran queens. He stayed the course, He stayed the course. He never went to jail. He stayed the course. His house is paid off. These guys with millions of dollars have just come out of jail or getting ready to come out of jail. And what did my dad do. He kept that little engine that could running. These guys had big Boeing setting forty seven. My dad never been on no private jet. And these dudes go to jail. But still, this is what I'm saying, they're not nice guys. Of what I'm trying to say, who's not nice guys?
Speaker 3: The guys that I'm talking about, That doesn't necessarily mean they're nice guys In the sense of the type of music they make. For example, we Tech who's Tech nine, is already a OG. His background is that he was a blood you know what I'm saying it. But he made his chops and he made his millions, an independent and he did his thing. Denzel Curry, he comes from Raider Klan now originally.
Speaker 2: Cool with Asap, Rocky and them. He's doing his thing.
Speaker 3: It's just these artists, they they're deciding not to go there. They're smarter, Let's put it that way. These guys are smarter.
Speaker 5: But you just answered it because you're saying it's a choice. You can't do both, realists, you cannot do both. So you're gonna have to make a choice, which we call an executive decision, which a lot of people can't make in life, executive decision making. Why because they're afraid of people not liking them. They're afraid of people criticizing them. But it's for the long run when you make executive decisions that it works out and it's not popular until later on. Then that mean when it becomes popular that you made that executive decision, everybody hated you till five years from them.
Speaker 2: Now they see your vision these young boys out here.
Speaker 5: It's a choice either you're gonna carry something or feed that or not.
Speaker 2: It's a choice.
Speaker 5: If you get out here and you know that what culture you come from, and you know that you came from the streets in a violent back, then that's all you're gonna be doing is feeding that violent background till you find a solution to your problem. And that's what you need in order for you to have longevity and be a great artist with something to contribute to the culture. Such as myself, I even had to make choices. You can't hang with the same dudes that's killing up shit and you not go to jail.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 2: You gotta make a choice.
Speaker 3: You guys don't think that there's also a culture because of technology and a lot of other things around technology, but a culture of artists that aren't really truly invested in hip hop culture.
Speaker 2: They just see, oh, this is.
Speaker 3: A means to getting a bag, and I do not give a fuck about hip hop.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at them because you.
Speaker 5: I'm not mad at them because you're doing You're doing what an executive is doing.
Speaker 2: So how can I be mad at you?
Speaker 5: You can for thinking like, yeah, do I expect you to love what you do. That's asking too much of you. No, you're doing what an executive does. I don't like it. But this is a means to feed my family. This is a means to get where I gotta go. It's called stepping stones to get where you gotta go. But this is a means. I might sell drugs to own that building, but I don't want to sell drugs. I don't want to be known as a drug dealer. But I had to sell drugs to buy that building. Now I don't have to. I'm a landlord. I'm into owning buildings. So they change the perception of what's initially happening, and they're doing it more and more because technology is allowing you to do it.
Speaker 2: They're allowing you to change your perception overnight of a nigga.
Speaker 1: That's so deep. That's deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know the demand is pockets in. Rap is not a hole. Rap is a fan base of yo. You got artists that nobody knowing they got a bigger fan base than a mainstream artist. You don't understand what this game of technology has done to the music business. Is destroyed it and made.
Speaker 2: I ain't I'm gonna keep it a hundred.
Speaker 5: We used to be like, we used to look at all these little hick towns and be.
Speaker 2: Like, what's he talking about?
Speaker 5: That shit is like the rapping dokeo most But then now you're starting to see how you live in that little ass town and you got more money than us in New York niggas because and your economy is little to nothing.
Speaker 2: So do you know how you look? You look like fucking Trump. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when things are bad, it's always a good too. It's a weird, morbid perception of what this music business has turned into.
Speaker 2: When we was little babies, we always heard.
Speaker 5: About the music business being this, that and the third and it's bad and it's until we got in it, and we say, you listen, it gave us everything. But now you see it morphed back into a self destructive thing. When we have music called self destruction. Self destruction, you know what I mean? We have made We made music, We prophesized this shit.
Speaker 3: But we cannot forget that the modern music industry was built by the mob.
Speaker 2: But we prophesized.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying that we can never forget that when we talk about.
Speaker 5: Everything was built from the mob. But it took it was a racket. It took it. It's everything was a racket till it became a business. And then once it became a business, we were ten steps behind because they made it a business. We didn't make it a business. So that's where we're coming from. When it comes to the economic of this product and how you have rock and roll being celebrated, you have other genres of music being celebrated. People are even to be celebrated. They're crossing over the country music to be celebrated. Rap is the phenomenon across all It does not celebrate.
Speaker 2: You, but it could go over there and be celebrated.
Speaker 5: Your peers celebrate you. Just keep it one hundred. Your peers celebrate you. The people who love the music celebrate you. You just said it's somebody who just they don't care. It's an ends. It's an ends to a means. It's about I'm gonna get the bag and I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to do this. I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to paint sculptures with my rap money. I want to do this with my rap money. Come on, I want to cook you food. I want to. I want you to buy my shoe. I want you to wear my time you dig I want you to wear my shirt because it's always been a you created it. Were the only ones that said, yeah, we're gonna get rich off this shit. Ill at boy, what are you talking about. I'm different from y'all. I don't do what y'all do. Y'all do what each other do. But now look how they flipped it. They said, Aha, I'm gonna make everybody sound the same, and they gonna get paid, and you're gonna sound different than not get paid.
Speaker 2: Wow, how you like that?
Speaker 5: Then you're gonna have to really go off of what you invested in over here with your clay thing and your your land and your this and there that here they put you to the tests. But God makes a way for everything. God don't make no mistakes. He put you here for a purpose. When they think we wasn't gonna make no money, we're still making money. I wouldn't think I would make money now. But guess what, it's not me. It's God's plan. It's not me no more. I'm just an old man enjoying the ride.
Speaker 2: Is it? That's it? That's it?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: What's that? Some titos?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: You're switching it up. Happy Birthday, it's the birthday week. Yes, let's go, mister anniversary. Yes, a drink Champ. That's right, goddamn anything. Champs is official. Yeah, see you a Champ. You official.
Speaker 3: As many of y'all know, Drink Champs wants to give flowers that people are here to receive them, giving flowers and celebrating our legends while they can still smell us. We have partnered with What the Flowers to create the movement. Everyone can give flowers to the legends in their life. You can now order a custom flower box because someone you want.
Speaker 4: To show appreciation to by visiting w w W dot w T flower dot com.
Speaker 1: I beat Joe, got a key to the city. I saw a flex very briefly, but I very very much love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love, I love. I like the man he's become.
Speaker 5: I like the man he is, and I and and when you disagree with him, do you know you can always sit down with him and talk to him. Yeah, even if y'all got super duper hectic, heavy hot beef, he can talk. He got a wheel, he can spin it. You got a wheel meaning a table. When I say a wheel, your table is your wheel, your round table. Who you got at your table, that's your wheel. So he got a wheel man, and he's he's a loving brother and who who doesn't understand him because he's kind of harsh. You gotta get to understand him because it's not what he says, it's the way he says it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you also, when you know we keep googling you, flex went at Peak Rock?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think he went at Peak Rock because of you and your relationship? I'm asking this, is it?
Speaker 2: Could?
Speaker 5: It could be a possibility, Yes, because I like the brothers are gonna take up for brothers like that, and brothers are gonna remind you who your brother is.
Speaker 2: I love you, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Brothers are gonna always put it in the perspective of asking you and loving you and understanding where you're coming from before they go to war. Understand. So I looked at it like this. When I finally listened to it, I said, Yo, if I would have said that, I does sounded like a fucking hater.
Speaker 2: But if he said.
Speaker 5: That's his lane, he's a he's a that's he's not taking itself out of his zone. So I'm with forty eight laws of power. I'm a master thinker. I'm with placing the game the way it's supposed to be and playing there is.
Speaker 2: A game to be played, Okay.
Speaker 5: So however you come up with your shit is how you come up with it.
Speaker 2: It don't mean I'm a writer. It don't mean I'm a writ it.
Speaker 5: But I got a brother's nigga that love me too, like they love you, and they still love you.
Speaker 2: They just that did the same thing for me.
Speaker 5: If I interrupted his ship checking another nigga.
Speaker 2: Yo, nigga yo, nor re. Fuck you what I'm talking to this nigga? What you mean? What you mean? See what you mean? I'm talking to him?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying? So I love him, man, I love Pete too. I ain't gonna lie. I don't gotta like you to love you. I love you. You know, yeah, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you. I love what you gave me. I appreciative.
Speaker 5: I think that's the most important thing you can be, is appreciative to what somebody give you from their heart and from their creativity and their soul because they wanted to win like you.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that, you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I'll always give him as props for we made I didn't make it, you didn't make it. We can argue like that, but it's we, But it's we. We don't have to acknowledge it all the time in the argument. It's fire, but it's we. That's fire.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean without acknowledgment. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's fire. That's fine, man. I ain't gonna see y'all.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of your growth. I'm so proud of how you you take life.
Speaker 5: Life is meant to be lived. You could have one dollar and a million dollars and that. I'm tired of seeing poor people be happy and I'm not happy. I'm tired of it. I ain't catch that part. I'm tired of seeing poor people happy with what they have, what they don't expect, nothing and they happy. Why can't you be happy? Why can't you with simple things? You've accomplished things. Don't think that everything is about you. It's about what you have accomplished, what you have earned, and what you're doing with it. That says more volumes than what you are talking about.
Speaker 2: You want people to know about you. It ain't you.
Speaker 5: I'm just a vessel. I'm just a vessel now, man. It ain't about me no more. It's about my higher power. It's about my God. You know what I'm saying. But it ain't in the church. It's about what I do every day. You know what I'm saying, Because I know for sure I ain't get all this shit with my smart somebody had to give it to me. And that's what people are feeling to real acknowledge somebody had to give it to them. Did you appreciate it? Did you do the right thing with it? You know what I'm saying. But somebody had to give bless you. It's called blessings like nobody thought drink champs bang noorri.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't talking to you like that. He wasn't he want He was like what what?
Speaker 1: What? Love it?
Speaker 2: He wasn't. Well, let me hear what you gotta say.
Speaker 5: So you see that evolution of a man growing and blossoming and his wife water and the plant and allowing him to be have a wider territory.
Speaker 2: You dig.
Speaker 5: Yeah, niggas don't accomplish that ship with gangs. Niggas don't accomplish that ship with the best five on the block. It takes a strong woman to make a strong man. It takes that. So all you need, man, it's a great partner. That's what made my music right, a great partner. So why wouldn't you take that same formula and put it into real life and say, Yo, cool, I need a great partner.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't that be my goal?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Great partner?
Speaker 5: Nurture it, water it, make sure the soil right, make sure she happy. Ultimately, when she happy, I could do a whole lot more. Right, I could do a whole lot more when she happy, you know what I'm saying. And I could be around a whole lot more, even the shit I'm not supposed to be around, because she give me that grace, She give me that position. And do believe I'm like a running back. I take all of the yards.
Speaker 1: This guy's a sports guy. Question because I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Did you watch him in comment on here?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And he seemed very open to you guys doing stuff I felt.
Speaker 5: What do you think see now that I'm on the platform, Yes, I see how easy it is to be nice. You know what I'm saying I can see how easy it is to be nor makes it so like, you know what I mean, he trust me. He just he puts it right there and you just you just eat it up, you know what I mean. So I wasn't planning to say ship, but here you could just flow, you know what I mean, You could just flow and you can drink. Champs is like, yeah, you're having drinks. Yeah, Because I think when artists get here sometimes in their fear of being around you guys and being asked questions, they feel vulnerable of drinking, you know, of smoking.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 5: With you, And that was my fear initially to say, well, maybe we can do it next year.
Speaker 2: But no, I said, you know what, I think, I'm gonna be me.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I'm being me, And to restrict myself and think about what he's saying would not be given to me. He would only be given them my representative, you know what I mean. So I think in this platform of who you are and really who you are, because you're introducing yourself to people who don't really don't know you, people who really don't fuck with you, people who really don't who are just being put on to you or reminded of you and didn't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's you.
Speaker 5: Now you can get it on a platform where they can understand it, and they give you a platform to express yourself the way you want to express it.
Speaker 2: And that was here.
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't have any expectations to pick this up.
Speaker 2: You know, no moreing me get one of.
Speaker 1: Those problem hold on, hold on, I'm gonna give you my last one with hash.
Speaker 2: This is European hass as. If you want you.
Speaker 1: Want me to talk, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no listen listen.
Speaker 5: But by the way it looks, it was gonna tell me it looks big.
Speaker 2: Listen to me. But you set out eighty joints, but this has got no hash.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, see how smooth. I would like to give you my last but it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna suck you up.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is my last one hash europe.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: What is making a good sale for that show? No, no, no, but I'm gonna give it to you. It's gonna see.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something, man, go ahead. I said this whole time. We changed the rap game, and let me just say something and you know. I know you're gonna say something stupid, but you changed my life as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I heard you, and I wanted to be EMC. I wanted to be not only an MC, I wanted to be a better EMC. And I felt like, you know, you helped nas Nas help me. I helped I mean, no, excuse me, you helped nas Nas help more deep, more deep help me.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I owe you.
Speaker 1: So I held this blunt because I knew he was going to ask, but this is this is it.
Speaker 3: He rolled it in nineteen ninety eight and he held it for you.
Speaker 5: By the way, why do I feel like Krris wont don't really feel like.
Speaker 1: Just because I'm handing you the scrolls of hip hop? Please scrolls scrolls. But see how smooth I swear to you, man, I really really we were so excited, all of the drink Champs crew right here, we were so excited. And by the way, by the way, you know, we make bets of like what time the artist is gonna come, and like who's going to be late or not, And I immediately said, ms diego, it's going to be no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: That that's some good ship.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 5: You might be on your flip ship. If I could bring this whole ship, so we actually who would produce the the Holy Grail?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Who would you produce the Holy Grail? If God came to you said produce this record, You're not on it. Quincy Jones, Yeah, Christy Jones, Damn, I like that, Quincy Jones.
Speaker 5: I would do another record of Lenny Kravitz and Jay z mm hmm.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker I don't like, like like I think I know him, and then he just soole some other ship out this Lenny one of that, and who's producing, Lenny Cravis producing.
Speaker 2: Whoever want to produce it, whoever's going, whoever's going? Who would you? Who I want?
Speaker 5: I would pick A. I would pick either. I would pick either R Kelly or I would pick either R Kelly or I was like, I like that or l A and babyface.
Speaker 2: Lenny Cravis and Jay Z is see that and I can.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell they dreads might look the same, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Very R and B with that production.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I wanted, I wanted to wear it could be a tweener. I don't need definitive, I need I need. I need range, I need everywhere. I don't need here, I need everywhere.
Speaker 2: You're out of control.
Speaker 3: This is what I actually wanted to know when you guys did these records, right, how much did you tour outside of the country internationally a lot? What were the countries that that you remember that that really you enjoyed?
Speaker 2: All of zuo?
Speaker 5: Italy is my favorite, really, yeah, because I could see myself living there, so I could.
Speaker 2: See, you know, they're selling cribs for like a dollar over ye.
Speaker 5: I could see myself living there and have my own community, right, you know, so, and I would pick I like London is a nice five. I like Japan is the ultimate. Japan is out of this world. You have to be back to normal after you leave Japan. When I come back to Japan, American, my family they don't like the way I love.
Speaker 2: They say I'm too skinny.
Speaker 5: Because I'm not eating I'm eating good where their nutrition is one hundred. I'm eating good, so I don't have fat on me, right, So when I come back from Japan, I don't have any fat on me, and then they're pinching me. The women are pinching to see how many inches I'm losing. So now I'm losing and losing. When I come back. My grandmother's mortified because she's one of those grandmothers to say, oh you're not eating, Oh you look too skinny, But that's really healthy in this day and time.
Speaker 2: That's healthy. So Japan.
Speaker 3: So you see, I bet you the seeds you guys sold in those early shows. Imagine what would happen if you guys were to.
Speaker 2: Do it again.
Speaker 5: If we did it again, it would be a surreal because we're not around each other. It would be like a new thing. Everything would be brand new.
Speaker 2: And a good word.
Speaker 1: The best album is nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: One, right, the first album was nineteen ninety one, nineteen one? How many years is that for anybody smart here?
Speaker 2: Thirty three? Thirty yeah, thirty three? Yeah, oh hpiece is thirty and ninety three, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what would my step son was born first, my.
Speaker 2: Second son was born in nineteen ninety one. What would I like to see that reunion? I think I'm telling you the massive appeal strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna sit this.
Speaker 3: Make me documentary about this, and then do the album documentary.
Speaker 2: Album. You need to do a documentary about this fucking.
Speaker 5: Joint you gave me yes documentary you going around the queens Aws and.
Speaker 2: I gotta drink water to gas you know, Na, Man, I just want to personally thank you, man.
Speaker 1: For your contribution to hip hop, contribution to what you're doing, continue to do. I'm gonna be honest with you. Uh you know, I said nas earlier and you know, you know, but if it wasn't for you, it wouldn't be no me. Like it's like, you know, I'm inspired by you and what you guys did and what you did, and I love I love the fact that I was so honored and I'm so happy to give you your flowers face to face man and man because I want you to know how important you are to hip hop, how important you are to us, how important you are to the community, how you're important you are to the fucking culture. Thank you, Yes, And I was I was like so happy, like man, me us we got group chatting, We gotta yeah, we gotta go, yeah feeling.
Speaker 2: Somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeh know, that's that's that's it. But yeah, thank you, my man, Like, thank you, bro, thank you for what you did, because in a lot of ways, if you didn't do what you did, drink chance wouldn't exist because we're all fans of you, all.
Speaker 2: People that follow you, We're all people that you got me feeling like Karres one see saying see you that you.
Speaker 1: Yo know you that guy.
Speaker 5: I went around car Ris one right, I was around kress one man, and I just said, listen, don't talk to me, just let me look at you. Just let me feel what you are first, don't say nothing. And he and we just stared at each other like mm hmm. So you're the blast mask, I said, God, damn you the blast mask.
Speaker 2: Care listen. I grew up in the right era.
Speaker 5: I know. I know these young boys, they're young I love. But I was meant to be an old man because I seen a lot more. I seen what I had to see in those days, because you would have never acknowledged it because you wasn't born right you did. Y'all was born. Y'all was born when it was over, when I was in power. So I don't count me. I count the ones before me because they are. They were so charismatic and beautiful and enlightening.
Speaker 2: That's why I told you.
Speaker 5: Even some of the worst motherfuckers inspired me. Bad evil motherfuckers inspired me, not to be evil and not to be them. And they told me you could be better than me. Dude, be you. You is better than me. And I loved them for that fire. These are niggas who they kill at will fuck caller duty. These niggas was the duty, all.
Speaker 2: Right, These niggas with the duty.
Speaker 1: Right. You know, I'm older than you. Just know what that ship is about, right Because them boys is, yeah, they're not here, but they need their flowers too because they got us to where we need to be.
Speaker 5: How you're gonna beat Kane and rock Him? How you gonna beat Fat Boys and Public Enemy? How you gonna beat run DMC and ll cool J if you ain't coming with nothing different?
Speaker 2: How you gonna beat Houdini? Nigga? You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't come on them boys? Was come on, milk d come on every time he do what yo?
Speaker 2: Come on man?
Speaker 5: That's why we got what we got, That's why we live where we live.
Speaker 1: So how would you end if you if it was all up to you and Mecca and a soul brother? How would you end that legacy? If you can, if it's up to you.
Speaker 5: See, that's the beautiful part of it is that I couldn't tell you how we we're in. That's a great you, dig I couldn't tell you how we're in because it's not.
Speaker 2: It's so, it's so like it's it's in space, and.
Speaker 5: I gotta come and pull it out of space somewhere, and then the nigga gotta like me too.
Speaker 2: I think. Keep going. It was written, and it was written to be liked. We gotta be respected, because I keep hearing you say that.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing you say, and for lack of a better term, I keep hearing you say you ain't never had to like me right to.
Speaker 5: Him and to everybody, to everybody, not just here, okay, because we don't want to isolate him.
Speaker 2: This is the format. This is how it is with everybody. When you want.
Speaker 5: Respect, you don't gotta like me, Just respect me. Nigga, don't gotta like my shit.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I didn't buy the shirt for you to like. I bought the shirt because I like it. But you're gonna respect it because you ain't gonna take it from me.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. It's nothing, it's.
Speaker 5: Nothing complicated, it ain't it ain't rocket science.
Speaker 2: It's just where you're from.
Speaker 5: Because I know where I'm from, and I go all over the place, and I know how to conduct myself. We don't got to fake it to make it. We made it in life. We're talking about making a record in the music business, but I made it in life. Come on, you know that I made it in life. Look this one hundred and fifty dollars dollars ship. Come on, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got all type of diamonds. Hash that diamonds hash that should tastes like Jesus. Say.
Speaker 2: Listen, I didn't know Jesus had a person. Wow, I mean that. I don't even think I ever said that. That'symmetric.
Speaker 5: I never said that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, See, I'm a found I never said that. I mean I never said that.
Speaker 1: I said it.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 5: Listen my spirituality and how this night has went. I've learned something, you know, I've learned something. Okay, what we love that there's levels to this, you know. And Noriega is real. Yes, I mean, Noriega is real, man, Thank you so much. Norriega is real.
Speaker 1: What But today I'm gonna be honest with you. Me and E f M, my partner, We are so happy to have you here because there was a rumor. Now, let let's get this out there about.
Speaker 2: It, y'all.
Speaker 1: To when he came in the room, were close. I was so mad. Were close. I was so mad because they was like yo oh that that CEO wasn't wasn't allowed on.
Speaker 2: It was like a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: And I thought it was your fans because your fans is very relentless niggas like they the.
Speaker 2: Niggas as they should be. But I heard that before.
Speaker 1: Your fans who started this room now, but they shouldn't start that. But by the way, I've respected the room.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was like just oh ship because because Pete came on here twice and your fans was on our ass.
Speaker 2: I'm telling pause, oh funk.
Speaker 3: You were like no, pause pause, so seek.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, your fans is.
Speaker 5: On foul. But it was like, what what the fuck is going on? They want everything? Even I like that they fill in my love when my love isn't warranted or welcome, they fill it in. You're gonna love you know that though. I know because that's how I learned to say. Listen, you're gonna respect Peter. You're gonna respect what he did for you. You're gonna respect what y'all did together, and you're gonna love it, you understand, And then you're gonna go about your business. And you got your business. Nobody's nobody's stopping that.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 5: But when it's time you go back and you go see him, you don't have to be your brother. You don't have to put that expectation on him. You don't have to be your friend. You don't have to put that expectation on him, but you better respect him. You better be serious about your business so you could respect you and then.
Speaker 2: Do it for the fans.
Speaker 5: It's not about your bitch ass, it's about the fans.
Speaker 2: Corey, It's about the fans. He's who he is.
Speaker 5: Yourself, Yeah, okay, yeah, because you could talk about everybody on this platform. But then you gotta hold yourself accountable too. You know what I'm saying. You gotta look at yourself too. When you don't look at yourself in the mirror, that's a that's a conversation all in itself, right, that's yeah. So you have to be honest, and when you're honest with yourself, anything is possible. For a solution. I think solution based. I think it I vision it, I live it. Sometimes I sit in one place for a week, but I'm I'm thinking of a solution.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking of a solution. Fix and then I'm here to fix it. You ain't moving. And sometimes you could put it on the back burner. It ain't back burners ship. It's about yeah, fix it, because then it'll fix you.
Speaker 2: Heard, yes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you my fantastic idea in my mind? My dream, my story is so bad. Let's go that both you and Pete Rock have grown to a place. We're coming together makes the best music that you would have ever possibly made. And like I already said before, with the business strategy, Massive Field or a company like mass a Field comes in because does the documentary document produces the album and tours it around the world, and it's a phenomena and it's and it changes.
Speaker 2: It does what this does today?
Speaker 1: Massa Bill just signed our soul as well, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, believe so yes, So.
Speaker 5: If that happened, I would just put my hat on's say yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We need making the Soul brothers together. I'm gonna be on the plane.
Speaker 3: Nice You're don't be flying before the plane flies.
Speaker 2: That's what you want, That's what I want.
Speaker 1: And see, let me just speak on behalf of hip hop again. I know I said to you earlier, but I'm gonna say it to you again because to me, that must to me, and it means that must of this room, and it means much of the hip hop.
Speaker 2: Thank you again, man, thank you like thank you, thank you for.
Speaker 1: You know, changing the game, thank you for making the game what it's supposed to be. Thank you for you know, continuing to do your motherfucking thing, and thank you for being motherfucking modest like and.
Speaker 2: And I can't lie to you like you do.
Speaker 1: You and Pete, I don't ever really want to know really what it is.
Speaker 2: If it is something, I told you what it is and we talked about all of it.
Speaker 5: I told you what it is. Okay, there's two men that are doing business and got to do business a certain way. Alls we gotta do is be in the same room. And that's it, right, you understand. But I like the space he's in. I like what he's doing. I love that you say that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: I don't want him in a dark space coming back to me, thinking he's settling. I want him at the top of his shit. I want him with new money. I want him with all the vision in the world to say I bought new glasses for you, baby. Everything you guys do, because I know I need inspiration too, because I don't know you and you don't know me no more.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Let me reduce, let me reintroduce, because I'm like yellow Stone. I just got this peace and the other big boys want to eat it. And I've been too busy protecting that yellow stone for you to come in and tell me, nigga, how.
Speaker 2: To keep it.
Speaker 5: Break it off more and give me another yellow Stone, nigga, and we don't gotta talk again.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna.
Speaker 5: Real that yellow stone.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone. That shit is so beautiful, man, But I can't afford the love.
Speaker 5: Can't you afford the love? Yes, I can afford the love. Can't you afford the love? Absolutely? What are you talking about? When we gotta fight for the cow, that's when it's serious.
Speaker 1: M M.
Speaker 5: When we when we gotta fight for vegetation, that's when it's serious. What you mean you can't talk to me? Sip some of this white Hennessey and do what you.
Speaker 1: Do awesome green tea because I heard your green tea.
Speaker 2: I love green tea. You're like, you got a private eye. Yeah he does. You got you, You got your ship. You like that ship? What's that ship? Whack one hundred? Was that another? Yes? You you do your homework.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know you're a gardener too. Man.
Speaker 5: You like the Supreme Team Supreme team bro.
Speaker 1: So you're drinking green tea and then you a gardener.
Speaker 2: I love God, I love flowers.
Speaker 5: How I love that ship because if you know what it's all in the woman, you picked two.
Speaker 2: But if ain't nothing growing around.
Speaker 1: You, you are suspecting this.
Speaker 2: Ship gotta be growing around you. Ship gotta be like.
Speaker 5: I used to have a dog, So you gotta feed it, you gotta walk it, you gotta train it.
Speaker 2: Ship gotta be elevating around you for you to be.
Speaker 5: Something like, fuck you mean I used to only have a dog in a gym card when I lost all my money. A dog, a dog a gym card, come up from there. The dog protects you and then you go to the gym and bill your ship. Yeah it was yeah, not only one, two of them, because I.
Speaker 2: Had black was the first one, then Rocker was the second one unrelated to DMX dog the second one. Both both come on, but the second one is specially.
Speaker 5: But listen, yeah, because listen, you're getting it from Yonkers right, then you're getting it from his litter. Then you're picking from the same litter. How am I not gonna get a dog from him? How is he not gonna give me a dog?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I'm serious. How is DMX not gonna give me a dog? How is DMX friend not gonna give me a dog? How was the one DMX look up to not gonna give me a dog?
Speaker 2: Especially?
Speaker 5: You know my cachet is heavy because I don't talk about it, don't mean it ain't happy.
Speaker 3: Shure, not for nothing. The way you just said dog every time I felt.
Speaker 2: Like you could tell felt.
Speaker 5: The dog was the one that had kept me from walking around the hood.
Speaker 2: The dog.
Speaker 5: When you lose your money, you're limited, so the dog keeps you from everybody talking to you till you.
Speaker 2: Get your shit together because the dog is keeping them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you got your gym card, so get your body in your mind together and then something will happened. So see how all things fall into place? You know what I'm saying when I read the Book of Job, that's how I see my life a little bit like, oh shit, not that drastic, but just about there. Lose all your shit to get more and learn more and rock bottom. You can have a lot of shit, but can you keep it? You can have a lot of shit, but can you keep it? Do you know how to keep it? Do you know how to nurture it and water it? Like a flower? And that's what you want, man. You want that flower to grow. You want that tree to grow. So twenty years from now or thirty years from now, when you dead, they say, yo, remember he used to water that spot over there. Yeah, that ship is a big ass tree. Now, punk ass nigga.
Speaker 2: You'll see.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I gotta thank you again, man for being exactly who you are exactly.
Speaker 5: I just love it up here because I didn't know it was like that. I used to always watch it on my phone. This is your house though, yeah you don't really know it's your house, but just like you.
Speaker 2: Got to come through the house and take off these.
Speaker 5: Guys, like these guys, it's the professionalism. It's who you are organically and how you have a platform. And you say, how do these guys do that. They're organic. They're where they are thank.
Speaker 1: You, not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but because they worked so hard a game.
Speaker 5: That thing like when you see them, when you see these announcers, when you see people on that.
Speaker 1: And your legend brother and just say something, you are a person that deserve you know, like like I kid you not. I feel like you raised everyone in this fucking room, like we all owe you. Like if you want some fried ticket, we gonna get you. Gotcha made this platform for for you. We made this platform for you. Listen.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it because I've never got I've never had to being around brothers like yourself and really chop it up, yes, and really be organic around the camera that I can say, I didn't even know it was there. I was just giving them a piece of me. Like you know, I wasn't out to hurt nobody. I was just I just love everybody, you know what I mean. But at the same time, I'm to be taken seriously. I want I want, I want you to understand that I'm a man like you are. Yes, and sometimes when you say it, it's not to be said.
Speaker 2: I'm never saying it.
Speaker 5: I just want you to acknowledge it, and even if you don't be on the path to do it, you know, because there's so much shit out here. I didn't know that these young kids was making all this money and then they're dying. I didn't know like it was like that, and I have to acknowledge it. I can easily ignore it because it's not a part of me. But that's not charity. Charity is something that got nothing to do with you, and you you want to help it, but it got nothing to do with your life. But you see millionaires dying as little kids, and you're saying that, ain't fuck it un fear when I see a young white kid and a young European kid, and even a young African kid have something in my American young black kid can't have nothing, and my Spanish kid can't have nothing, you know, because they're destroying them and they're having all what they want and they're still dying and taking their lives away from them.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what to I wouldn't know what.
Speaker 5: It's like to spend time in jail like that with with any type of money I have right now, unless you hurt my family, you know what I'm saying. But the stories it's like you're taking us a thousand steps back to be a slave to what this is a music, So it's a lose lose. I don't understand it. I want somebody to teach me this finally in hip hop, I don't know about. I want to just be.
Speaker 2: Taught, Like how does that work?
Speaker 5: I'm not criticizing no more because I know you took the best shit out of you. You know what I'm saying. When you took pop smoke, you took the best shit ever. That was that Tupac shit. So I agree with you, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Sometimes these young niggas feel they're so young they don't know what's happening, like like they just it dies and that's it.
Speaker 2: But to an older nigga, you like, you know that's it for real? Do you know?
Speaker 1: That's it for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like you think you took pop.
Speaker 5: Smoking that that's and I'm not even on it like that, but I know what it means when you did that. I know what it means when you did that, So I'm I just want to learn, like, like how do you how do you like get past that and go to him and say I want to protect you Are you protecting him?
Speaker 2: Are you protecting him so he won't die? Like you kill King Vaughan?
Speaker 5: Like you kill ship that I don't I don't understand, Like why are you killing them?
Speaker 6: Aren't they your ship? Aren't they our ship? You know what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Like what are you doing? What do you what do you want? Are you doing it for?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 2: How much money do you want?
Speaker 1: To?
Speaker 2: Not kill that?
Speaker 5: They're destroying the families of these guys they have kids? What I don't understand what you want. I just want to learn, Like I'm out of it. Just let me learn what you're doing and then were good? Like let me learn why you gotta die? Why you got to think about why you got to think about when it's important to like let people see you, travel around the world, see your options. Why are you and rykers Island? Who can talk to you? Okay? You getting millions and you still go to jail? Why you and that doesn't affect nothing? You not doing shows you in prison, that doesn't affect nothing.
Speaker 2: For what.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking, is a gang more important than your family? I just want to know, Like who's your true gang? Like like my true gang is my grandpa? Like I killed for that like me, I killed for it. Would you see you in a chain? You had a chain on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: With my grandpa, your grandfather? Because that's CEO Smooth. That's where I got it from. What do you kill for? You killed to impress this man? Or do you kill to put food on your table? If I got seven eight million, I'm not killing nothing. Let me just be honest with you, because you teach me why you got to hurt somebody that got nothing, that's in the Bronx or Brooklyn or Queens. You could be anywhere in the world, but they here, and they might be special, and you killing them?
Speaker 2: Why so me?
Speaker 5: I guess life is valuable when you when you look like this, when you act like this, I feel like life is valuable. Is that important to you? Do you feel me or you don't feel me? I need a gun to make you feel me. I'm showing you how to get away from it. You want to go to them niggas, Like I don't even fuck with niggas?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: When we growing that out of it? We want to live around neighbors. Dad, ain't trying to shoot us, ain't trying to rob us. Don't want to know how much money we got in our house. Why can't we work like that? What kind of president are we getting? I'm never in the politics, but the way is working. They're forcing you to think about politics, Like what do you want from me?
Speaker 2: I don't care. I grew up in the old New York.
Speaker 5: I don't care like New Yorkers be everywhere, to be everywhere, But.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want to think about things that you forced me to think about in this society.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm an introvert.
Speaker 5: That's why I think soaking up family is more important. Is somebody who just wants likes their own company and not the company of others.
Speaker 2: I could be somewhere by.
Speaker 5: Myself on my compound, not where I gotta be entertained by something. So when I come out, I understand when a person is in sahu, a person is in the box. A person can spend a pandemic in a room and don't come out the house. But you stay in the room in the house. You don't just roam the house. You stay in the room. You gotta be conditioned for that, and I'm crazy for that. I'm intrigued by that because my life is based on that how society is going where you're gonna have to box yourself in and it ain't gonna be no choice because you see, it's that they're breaking you into something that we.
Speaker 2: Never heard of. Sure, you know what I'm saying, We never heard of that.
Speaker 5: And the music is what comes to say, savage beast, that that's what makes things operate and move in a life that is dormant, and then you have some rhythm to it and then we move in.
Speaker 2: He loves it.
Speaker 5: But you know I'm serious because I'm I think if I sit here and sip and smoke and not give something to the youth, it's you know what I'm saying, It's not they have to connect like a trainer, you know what I'm saying. Even Creed needed a rocky, you know what I'm saying. So it's who's teaching you, not what you know. It's who's teaching you what you know to make you a success. Not every teacher know how to bring you to the home run, but experience will. But experience will, and knowing rhythm and sound and adaptation. When you can adapt, when you can be uncomfortable to get comfortable, you're a bad man, you're a bad man.
Speaker 2: You're a bad man.
Speaker 1: So anything else letter you want to say it to your fans, I.
Speaker 5: Gave it to them because you can come up here and you can be anything you want to be. But authentic is what you want to be. You wanna, you wanna, you want to show that you love people's at the end of the day, you love people.
Speaker 2: You love their progress.
Speaker 5: You love when they upgrade, You love when they come home to the house they love. You love when they progress and do what they want to do in life and be proud of themselves. So that's what you want other people to be grater than you when you are no way your life is and how it's going in you know, and you say, hey, baby, my greatest things I lost they up there. When I do shows, it's not about the people down here, it's about the people up there. And that's what makes that song so crazy, is that I could feel my ancestors they dancing, they going all year that African shit, and they going that Cape Verdean shit, and they going through those islands of the Cape Verdians and they're going, yeah, do it because they used to live to one hundred and something.
Speaker 2: Could you believe they used to live to one hundred and something.
Speaker 5: I had a great grandfather that lived one hundred and something years.
Speaker 2: I just want to touch one hundred. Give it to me.
Speaker 5: If they said, hey, you could see your grandfather, but you got to give up all your shit and you could see him for fifteen minutes, I would give up all my shit and start all over again.
Speaker 2: I know it. You gotta know your limitations. See your grandfather.
Speaker 5: To see my grandfather one more time and touch him for fifteen minutes, I give up everything and talk to money don't mean nothing, and I'd spend ten minutes crying, but five minutes talking that.
Speaker 6: Shit baby fire, talking that shit baby like, Hey, did they think we was going to do that?
Speaker 5: Did they think we was going do what we did or whatever? How they think we live in Pop when we live with nothing? How they think we living? Oh baby, what you ain't telling them?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: I kept in this secret? Yeah shit, because I love you. I love you, and you said come around there with that bullshit car, but leave with that new ship. Don't tell them what. Don't let them know what your left hand and your right hand is doing. I'm saying, Pop, it don't work like that pop. It don't work like that, and he's saying, Nigga, you see what I told you, right? You see what I told you right, And you would have picked better friends. Five you to pick better friends, Champ, But I love y'all, and it's a session. It's a session. Yeah, it's a session because that sweet You're gonna make it what it is. You know you're gonna make it what it is.
Speaker 1: Fucking yo, yo, thank you, take a picture, Thank you, Thank you man so much. Man love.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, ig at noriag on Twitter, mine is at.
Speaker 2: Who's Crazy on ig at.
Speaker 3: Dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot.
Speaker 8: Com, Hazardy Sounds, Rising the Machines Cast Your Mentals, Volume one, Available.
Speaker 2: Now on all platforms. Download today,