Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. The Elon Trump romance is over, and as we get more and more from both sides on this one starting to get a little heated at little nasty. Some people are saying, a little nasty, little ugly, what is going on here? The most powerful man in the world, the richest man in the world. They were totally united on the agenda and it lasted less than six months before things have gotten a little nasty. Our friend Katie Zachariah is with us now. She's a political strategist out of California. Of course she's with the good guys. She's GOP Katie, let's just start with this. Are how surprised should we be that this is where, this is where this has.
Speaker 2: Gone well with as pertains to President Trump and Elon Musk. What I go back to is the fact that Elon took a poll on x I'm sure everyone remembers this as to whether or not we should bring back President Trump because he had been deplatformed right in twenty twenty by Jack Dorsey, and so instead.
Speaker 3: Of making the decision on his own.
Speaker 2: He takes this poll and then he brings President Trump back onto X or allows him to come back on. Then after the first assassination attempt, Elon Musk voices his support for President Trump and for all of us. For me, I've been a big fan of President Trump before twenty sixteen, So for all of us that have been in the trenches with him through his first term through twenty twenty and then in the term of the you know, the four years where he wasn't president. Elon's support was great, and it came a little bit late in the game. I called him a Johnny cum Lately or Johnny cum late as they like to say. So the rift, I didn't know how long it would take. But everybody serves at the pleasure of the president. You serve at the pleasure of the president. And he was there to serve President Donald J. Trump without his own agenda. And so if this rift is happening now because he had his own agenda, well better now than later.
Speaker 1: I would say, what do you think his agenda was? Though, because it seemed like he was saying all the right things when he came on board. He bought X which was super helpful for just getting just free speech out there more online. I mean, I'm a big believer, and that was really just it was useful, not just for the election. I think it was useful for American discourse. He gave hundreds of millions of dollars to Trump. What do you think we'll get? Okay, let's just get into some of this what's being said? Okay, Elon. Elon tweeted this out on or you know, posted this on X time to drop the really big bomb real Donald Trump. Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. That is the reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, Donald J. Trump. I couldn't believe that was real. I couldn't believe that was real when I read it. It's it's real, it's real.
Speaker 3: And it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Uh, whether it's defamation, slander, er, you could go down the list that is. It's so terrible that after the work that they've done together that he would come out and write something like that. It's disturbing and it's wholly inaccurate. And I find it to be detestable that Elon in their division would stoop so low as to take that kind of blow.
Speaker 3: At our sitting President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, who took a bullet for us, who you know, avoided another assassination attempt and went up against an entire weaponized judicial system for US, And now Elon's coming out from his high horse making these kind of accusations.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's really gross.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, I mean, as a guy, there there are I mean, you're not a guy, but I'm a guy. And I'll just say from the male, from the male perspective, speaking from the male perspective. Although you're in California, so I am making assumptions Katie, just based on your appearance that you know, definitely I'm assuming, lady. I know California people could do crazy things and they can win state championships and you know, they're like, I'm a girl and you're like, no, you're not. But anyway, I feel like I'm on safe ground with you. So but as a guy, there are things that you can say to you know, I've had I have friends and we've we've like, you know, cursed at each other. You know, my brothers and I I would say, have curt you know, I try not to do that now that I'm older and wiser. But when I was younger, you know, I've had friends where we've actually laid hands on each other. I mean you've actually you know, gotten to shoving or whatever. He got an argument and like you, you know, you squash it, you know, figure it out whatever later you call a guy, uh basically or you insinuate in any way that a guy is like a pedophile or some kind of like a sex deviant. That's I don't think you come back from that in there in that relationship. I think that you know, I think that that crosses a line. And I I'm actually surprised that Elon would go there that I am surprised by.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's unfortunately the term applies is very much below the belt. It's somewhere that you don't go to friendship and otherwise. And to be clear, I am a female. I've birthed four children, and you.
Speaker 1: Have signed properly at birth female and you accept your female.
Speaker 4: Designation, and I identify as a female out here in California. But yes, no, it's one of those moments where those are that's a line you don't cross if you want to go into any kind of metaphysical that's like the event horizon.
Speaker 3: Now you've crossed over into the black hole.
Speaker 2: Since Elon is the space guy, you just don't come back. You're absolutely right, and it's offensive personally to me.
Speaker 3: It's offensive as a supporter of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, who has, as I said, put his life on the line in every way possible so that my republic, our republic, could be preserved for the next generation. He literally in the pathway against a Marxist totalitarian takeover that was certainly happening beneath Elon's nose under.
Speaker 3: The four years of Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: And I didn't see him come out at Joe Biden the way he's come out at President Trump online in the last what twenty four hours. I never saw the vitriol coming from Elon to Joe or Kamala or anyone else. So this to me looks very much turncoat. That could we have trusted Elon from the beginning. You know, he's heavily invested in China. A lot of people were questioning his allegiance to begin with, so a lot of President Trump's longtime supporters, Steve Bannon, was very outspoken against Elon Musk and I think took a lot of heat for it, but there were things to question, like his gigafactory in Shanghai and China, like where is his allegiance completely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I am I am rarely. I knew that Trump and Elon would part ways and that was open. But that was always going to happen, right because the special government employee. I thought there would be a little bit of friction before they did, or I would say I knew that there would be I didn't think it would be like this and for it to be overspending bill. I mean, if Trump had just ordered a nuclear strike on you know, some defenseless country, I feel like I would understand a little more Elon's outrage. I still wouldn't say what Elon had said, but I would understand him being so upset. But he did the work of Doge. It's not just up to Trump. There's Congress, there's politics, There's a lot going on here, and to attack Trump in this personal way, I'm surprised that Elon. I will say that, I am actually surprised that Elon. I don't know him, never met him, but I followed his career pretty closely, and I would have expected more a more judicious parting from him.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I also think Elon underestimates how beloved President Trump is. That he's not just the president of the United States, that people who support him and people who have come to support him and would attend his rallies at what thirty five thousand people at these rallies in the dead heat of summer, and like Nevada, they genuinely love President Trump. So for his supporters this feels personal. This is personal towards President Trump, but it's also personal to the millions of people that elected President Trump.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: What he's doing right now, what President Trump is doing with this bill and what the House is doing, is delivering on the promises that he made. I will build and finish the border wall. I will deport illegal immigrants that are violent criminals. I will restore our strategic petroleum.
Speaker 3: Reserves that have been lost.
Speaker 2: Right, these are things that Biden drained, that Biden didn't do, and that President Trump is having to come back and fund through this House bill. So for Elon be so critical, like over the last four years, for instance, our strategic patrol au reserves are at an all time low. That is a very very serious national security risk for the United States and guess what. It takes money to refill this and so if people dig into this bill, it's going to be able to repair a lot of the damage, not bring us to whole, but prepare a lot of the damage of the Biden administration. And Elon should be supporting this, and I don't see him saying, well, why don't we come up with the solution where I pay for the border wall so the American people don't have to or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's really gross. Let's take a moment here just for our sponsor. We'll talk more about the big beautiful bill in a second and what you think should happen with it. But Birch Gold is our sponsor. And as we're seeing from the news this week, things could change in a hurry, and things can change in the economy quickly. You just want to be prepared. The debt is not going to be taken taken down by this bill, and there's going to be inflation and there's going to be challenges ahead financially. The long term view is what I've always taken when it comes to gold, and that's why I've been a gold investor for over a decade now, and I've done very well buying and holding real, actual physical gold. But you can also have an IRA or four oh one k an existing IRA or four oh one k turned into an IRA in physical gold. Birch Gold Group is who I trust. That's who you should go to to help you with this, whether it's buying physical gold or transitioning that iray or four one k into a gold IRA. Text buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. That's Text my name buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight and you'll receive a free no obligation info kit again. Text my name buck do ninety eight, ninety eight ninety eight. A plus rating from the Better Business Bureau countless five star reviews. Text buck do ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Today. All right, kitty, you're following this big beautiful bill pretty closely. I get the sense that you think this absolutely should go through. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it's going to go to the Senate. There can be some tweaks and adjustments, and then.
Speaker 3: It should pass.
Speaker 2: This is a bill that delivers on President Trump's tax cuts and makes them permanent.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It raises Americans take home pay as much as thirteen to fourteen thousand dollars. He's delivering on exactly what he campaigned on, finishing in the wall, refilling the strategic petroleum reserves. The list goes on and on and for us, this takes money. But he's also delivering tax cuts. He's not just saying we're going to spend all this money. We're also going to deliver tax cuts to the middle class. A contrary to what all the mainstream media is saying is he's giving big breaks to his oligarch friends. As you know, NBC likes to say, this is really going to benefit the middle class. And we saw today with the tariffs. Wow, the tariffs are actually working and helping our economy. The Democrats had to come out and say this. So I think the two working in hand in hand is going to be very beneficial for the United States.
Speaker 1: Something else that I'm wondering about, I just want to ask, because I know you're California based, You're one of those behind enemy lines conservatives in California. This stuff with Gavin Newsom refusing to basically refusing to enforce Title nine or go against Title nine. They had this track and Field championship with a guy ab Hernandez saying that he's a woman. And now, what do you think the numbers are? I mean, you've probably seen the polling. Do most Californians actually support that madness? I know nationwide it's an eighty twenty issue. Eighty eighty percent think that's insane. Twenty percent are either okay with it or think it's really important that we have trans competitors. But in California do they not see that this is nuts? A majority of Californians, including all those Democrats. What do you think California?
Speaker 2: I know it will come to surprise so many listeners, but I do, in my experience, see that California is pretty on track with the rest of the nation on this issue. And in general, I think our vote situation without voter ID and these week long voting opportunities has thwarted the will of Californians. But it is an eighty twenty issue in California. And Aby Hernandez was competing in the male sport twenty three and twenty twenty four, and then competed in the girls version this year and then got a championship first place medal and had a deviation similar to that of what male Olympic athletes to female and Olympic athletes had right, which is always the male is generally going to be outperforming the female, even in that high.
Speaker 3: Triple jump category. So this is actually really sad to watch.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsom had voiced, oh, this is it's deeply unfair for girls to have to compete against biological males in their sports. But then, in typical Gavin Newsomb fashion, didn't do anything about it and gave it a lot of time and got, you know, got the quotes out there that he wanted so he could run for potential president in twenty twenty eight. But President Trump did the right thing. He has threatened to withhold federal funding. We are a bankrupt state right now, and his withholding a federal funding I hope brings Gavin Newsom to at least understand and act in this sport or in for females in general in California, because it is deeply unfair and girls should not be sharing a first place podium with a biological male. It's just it is just inherently unfair.
Speaker 1: Katie Zachariah, appreciate you being with us as always. We'll talk to you soon. Thank you, Israel's allies need to stand with Israel now as much as ever because there are so many enemies and Israel is doing what it can itself, but it does need its friends and allies around the world to stand with the people of the Jewish State. The next attack can happen at any moment. The terrorists are still targeting our brothers and sisters in Israel. That's why I'm partnered with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. They are asking you to help them with urgently needed items, and your gift today will provide security essentials like bomb shelters, flack jackets and bulletproof vests for first responders, armored security vehicles, ambulances and more. Join me in standing with Israel. Call to make your gift eight A eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight at eight four eight eight four three two five are online at SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. Thanks for hanging Team shield Hime