Speaker 1: So I am so excited for this next guest. You know, I love bringing truth tellers on this show, people who are fearless, standing up for what is right in the country, exposing corruption, exposing lies, and I don't know if anyone does it better than this guy. Peter Schweizer is going to be on the show, author of the new book red Handed. He's written multiple New York Times best selling books. But he goes out there and exposes the lies and the corruption of our public officials, and it's in abundance. So we're going to talk to him about what motivated him to step up, to dig in and to investigate these people. Why is it so important to him to expose corruption. We're also, of course going to get into the Biden family. What you need to know about their corruption, How involved is Joe Biden and has it influenced his decision making. So a lot to get to into DC's corruption, we'll get into the swamp and everything else. Stay tuned for the great Peter Schweizer. Peter, it's such an honor to have you on the show. I'm a huge fan of yours. You've done such great work trying to bring to light a lot of corruption that happens, which is an abundance sadly.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate you taking the time to join the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Lisa, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks so much for having me. This will be fun.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of conversations about the Bidens and corruption. What do you think they get wrong? What isn't being discussed?
Speaker 3: That should the fact that the Bidens have received tens of millions of dollars. We believe it's thirty one million based on the emails from four Chinese businessmen, and those four Chinese businessmen we know their names because again they're on the laptop. Those four businessmen have ties to the highest levels of Chinese intelligence, meaning that they are business partners with the Vice Minister of State Security. So this is not a oh, I'm going to steer a little bit of money to my nephew as part of a you know, only paving contract type of corruption. This is international global corruption from our chief adversary. The Bidens have received this money. There is zero evidence, zip not evidence that they performed any kind of legitimate business service for any of this money. And yet they receive the money and the intelligence connections of the people that sent them the money should make us all deeply, deeply concerned.
Speaker 1: And what's Joe Biden's role in it? Because I think there's some deference for Hunter Biden just because he's such a mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a guy who thought parmesan cheese was I can't remember for those crack or cocaine. So you know, like he's got some issues. But what's Joe Biden's role and all of it?
Speaker 3: Well, Joe Biden is the planet around which all the moons in the Biden family rotate. You know, Hunter Biden certainly gets the most attention for his deals. But you know, a couple of books ago, I did a book called Profiles and Corruption, and we looked at the entire business family of the Bidens, and we found that there were at least five members of the Biden family who are cashing in on the name. So it's not just Hunter. I think the you know, people will say, well, you know, he has the drug addiction and all of that, which I think is true, but people are still shoveling money at him, and they are also shoveling money at other members of the Biden family. And then the question becomes why How is it that these these individuals with last Nam Biden are able to take in money when they're not really doing much discernible in return. How are they able to pull this off? And the answer, in my mind, no doubt, is the fact that they provide access to Joe Biden, that Joe Biden is willing to talk to people, meet people, listen to people in which his family is engaged in commercial activities, and that is worth the price of admission. That's what it seems like these foreign actors are essentially saying.
Speaker 1: Well, that's also to your point, and you've talked about this. I mean when Joe Biden was Vice president, you know, quite literally flying Hunter Biden around on Air Force two, greasing the wheels, shaking the hands of business individuals like he did in China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he flew several times with his father and Air Force two. The famous one was the twenty thirteen December flight where his father's going to meet with Chinese officials. He's been anointed by Barack Obama, President of the United States, as the point person on China policy, and Hunter Biden flies to China with him and about a week after that trip is when Hunter gets juiced in he's given a ten percent ownership of this private investment fund that the Chinese government is funding. He had no background in finance, he had no background in China, and that timing is certainly suspect. But there are other examples, Lisa of it as well. We know from the emails that in twenty fourteen, Hunter Biden flew with his father when his father was meeting the president of Mexico, and that email by talk about it in Profiles and Corruption is particularly surprising and shocking because Hunter Biden is berating a Mexican businessman, and he's quite explicit. He says, look, I've given you what you wanted. I got you meetings in the White House. I got you a private meeting at the vice presidential mansion, which courses his dad. I've given you all those things. Now, where are the deals that you promised me? Which is to me a clear admission that this is paid to play, that this is access, that this is corruption. So Air Force one is certainly one example of that. There are, you know, numerous other examples. Frank Biden, who's Joe Biden's brother, got a special commendation to set up a solar energy company in Costa Rica, shortly after his brother had visited Costa Rica, and again, Frank Biden had no background in solar power or development or whatever. So when you have a powerful figure like Joe Biden and the word gets out on the street that you know there will to do deals and play ball, the opportunities are endless, and it can mean taking a phone call, taking a meeting, flying somewhere, or simply greasing the skids for a family member with a foreign leader.
Speaker 1: How long has corruption influenced Joe Biden's career. I mean, you know, obviously he's president. Now he's a vice president, but he also served as you know, head of the Judiciary Committee. It was pretty influential on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always hard to know what is day one in corruption. I think a lot of times the way this works, people go into office, maybe they're idealistic, you know, Joe Biden probably was, I think, and then over time they come to believe that they are entitled to certain things because they don't get paid as much as they think they're worth. They work hard, they're doing things for the country, and it has this sort of corrosive effect. The early at signs to me with Joe Biden came in the nineteen nineties when he got special breaks on a mortgage. He is a US senator, he doesn't have a lot of money. He's not generating a huge amount of income. But he was able to afford the purchase of one of the DuPont mansions in Delaware because a bank MBNA, which is a big bank in Delaware, gave him a real sweetheart mortgage deal, you know, well below market rates. NBNA of course had business matters before the Senate. Joe Biden was helpful to them. Then if you go to the two thousands, Hunter Biden, you know, is out of law school. He's now looking for business ventures. He immediately goes into the lobbying business and he works for a lobbying firm that is lobbying his father on behalf of Delaware based entities. Then Hunter gets involved with an online gambling company lobbying for them with the Department of Justice. There are all kinds of criminal charges against them. His dad is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary committees you pointed out, So it starts to take hold. But I think the big step for the Bidens was when Joe became vice president because they were able to globalize corruption, meaning they could now really find international players that are willing to, you know, give them money that could be in Ukraine, Russia, China, you know, wherever you might want it to be. So this's the globalization of corruption that I think created really big opportunities for the Bidens. And it's kind of similar pattern to what the Clintons had. The Clintons went in Arkansas with sort of low rent corruption, but once Bill was out of the White House and his wife was in the Senate and she became Secretary of State, the level of corruption just exploded because there was so much they could do for so many foreign actors.
Speaker 1: Do you think anyone can spend that much time in Washington, d c. And not become corrupt?
Speaker 3: Very hardly. So it's a great question. I think it's very hard. It's very hard.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, Bobby Jendall, who I worked on a book with years ago, served in Congress, and you know, he said, you get there and you have the right principles and you have the right commitment, and then what happens is like everybody thinks you're brilliant, everybody thinks you're good looking, everybody thinks you're going to be president, and your ego starts to inflate. And his point was after about three terms, it becomes really really hard. Now are there people there that are longer that are not corrupt. Absolutely, but I would argue they're probably the exception to the rule. And that's one of the reasons why Lisa I was usually not in favor of term limits. I think, let the voters decide. But I've come to the conclusion that the level of corruption is so great it accumulates the longer you stay there that term limits are really one of the most effective ways to deal with it. It doesn't eliminate the problem by any means, but it gets rid of people who are there for twenty thirty years to where the corruption becomes systematic, It becomes endemic and embedded in almost everything that they do. And it happens on both sides of the Aisle.
Speaker 1: We know money and power corrupt. You had mentioned Ukraine. I mean we have just sending tens of billions of dollars, just a continual flow of money to Ukraine is there without really accountability either, without really transparency of where it's going, what it's being spent on. Should Americans be concerned that there's a corruptive nature to the money, considering the Biden family has made money off of Ukraine in the past.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, I think there should be. I mean, look, my view is I think what Russia's doing is terrible. I stand with the Ukrainian people. I think they should fight, and they are fighting for their own independence and we should support them. The problem is they have a very corrupt government in Kiev that is running things, and there are some sort of interesting connections that don't always get pointed out. I mean, you look at President Zelenski of Ukraine, who's been kind of rallying the Ukrainian people. Well, who was the one that effectively put Zelenski in power. It's a Ukrainian old guard named Kolomoyski. Kolomoyski is highly corrupt. In fact, he owned a bank called Prevot Bank that received money from the IMF and basically eight billion dollars just disappeared, and everybody assumes Kolomoyski took it. Kolomoyski was also believed to be a silent partner in a Ukrainian energy company called Barisma, which is the energy company that employed Hunter Biden. So Kolomoyski is the guy that by most accounts financed the campaign for Zelensky and put him in power. So Zolensky has ties, he has obligations. And my view is I'm not an expert in foreign aid, but my view is, you know, let's give the Ukrainians weapons, let's send them food. But this notion that we should send them large blocks of cash, I think is a really stupid idea and it's an invitation to mass corruption. And the notion that you know, the Biden administration says, well, we're going to account for it all and we're going to you know, do audits. How are you going to audit Ukrainian banks when eight billion dollars just disappears, So that that should be a real concern. And the tragedy here, of course, is that it's the Ukrainian people are going to suffer because they've got this corrupt political class that rules over them.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick commercial break back with the great Peter Schweizer. I mean, we know that Joe Biden fired the prosecutor general who was looking into Tubarisma HOLDINGGGS.
Speaker 2: He you know, he bragged about it.
Speaker 1: Are there any examples to point two of how the money did influence decisions from Joe Biden, whether it be you know, as vice president or his time in the Senate or maybe even now.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, and I think it really depends on what type of corrupt arrangement is taking place between the Bidens and the Ukrainians or the Bidens and the Chinese. One could be basically a quid pro quo, which is, you know, we're going to give you this in return, we're going to expect that. I don't think, particularly with China, that's the way the relationship works. I think it's more of a retainer. I think it's more we're going to provide funding and we want you to, you know, generally, not press us too hard. And there's lots of examples of that. The Chinese use a term called elite capture. It's a strategy they employ and it's kind of genius if you think about it, because Lisa, what it basically says is, rather than going toe to toe with the United States, we're just going to buy off elements of their leadership class, whether it's in Washington or Silicon Valley or Wall Street and the Bidens, I think are a prime example of that. Having received this money, and China's very sophisticated in terms of what they're expecting from elites they capture. They don't expect them to be sort of you know robots that are spouting now is great and we love the CCP. They use an expression, and the expression is they're looking for big help with a little bad mouth. So, in other words, the things that matter most to them, which is, you know, essentially unfettered access to our financial markets, unfettered access to our technology, and unfettered access to our business market, you know, not tariffs on goods where they can sell goods and dominate the market in the United States. If you give them those three things and you want to ding them on the wigers, or you want to criticize them for human rights, or you want to say we stand with Taiwan, they don't really care. They're getting what they want from you. And that's I think the way in which we need to look at at the sort of behavior that the Bidens are engaged in. And there's no doubt there are numerous examples of how the Bidens have walked back and in the face of clear threat proposed by China in their conduct, the Biden camp has absolutely done nothing, and I think it speaks to this commercial relationship that exists.
Speaker 1: You'd mentioned Taiwan. How does Joe Biden deter China from invading Taiwan when they are looking at him is probably compromised and already bought and paid for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good question. I think that what China wants from Taiwan is not war but the fruits of war, to paraphrase Winston Churchill. I think we will know more what mainland China is going to do after the January election next year. In Taiwan. There is the KMT party I believe it is, which is pro Beijing, pro Mainlan China is running pretty close in the polls with the ruling party, which is you know, Taiwan is an independent country, so I think they want to play out that election and see how it goes. They don't want a war with China because there is uncertainty associated with it, and all they have to do is look at what Russia is doing in Ukraine. Think about all the modeling that was done by the United States military, the UK NATO, the expectation was within seven days the Russians would effectively take over Ukraine. That's not been the case. Russian military far less effective than expected. The Ukrainian has a lot more fierce in their opposition than expected, and that has to be playing into the calculation of Xi, which is, yes, we've got this big military, but are we going to be bogged down fighting a war with Taiwan that is going to embarrass us? And I think that's part of the calculation. So to me, Taiwan is not a central issue for China. The central issue for China is their power position relative the United States. They believe that if the current trends continue, meaning they get access to our capital markets, they get access to our technology, they get access to our markets to sell their goods, they're going to win and they will be the superior power very soon. So they don't want to change that. They don't want to disrupt that. Going to Taiwan could unify Asian countries in the United States and Europe in a way that could be detrimental to their larger goals. So I think that the you know, the strong focus that so many people have on Ukraine, I understand it, and the threat is real, But I don't think that is the chief objective of China. Their ambitions are much bigger than simply reuniting with Taiwan.
Speaker 1: Interesting, you talked about how you know China wants access and obviously they've already infiltrated a lot of our institutions, including Eric S.
Speaker 2: Welwell.
Speaker 1: But and Ian Feinstein by that matter, in Employega, you know which you know Trump was compromised. But Democrats literally either Datham or employees bise. But talk about the Penn Biden Center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Pen Biden Center to me is an classic example of elite capture. So you know, Joe Biden leaves the Vice presidency sets up the pen Biden Center with the University of Pennsylvania. And I talk about this in my book if you look at the website when he set it up. Now this is twenty seventeen. He's served in the administration. Barack Obama did a pivot to Asia because of the rising threat from China, and in fact, Barack Obama said China had replaced Russia as the main strategic threat to the United States. Joe Biden sets up the Biden Penn Center, and they say, our goal is to protect Western values, and the three largest threats we face are Russia, terrorism, and climate change, no mention of China. China is not a threat according to the Biden Pen Center when it's set up. You know, that's kind of astonishing when you think about it. There is a picture of Joe Biden with President g Though on the website when they set it up as an example of kind of the international diplomacy he's engaged in. What raises a lot of concerns with people is the Biden Penn Center was set up. It kind of co mingles finances with the University of Pennsylvania. But when the Biden Penn Center was set up, you saw an explosion in donations from China. They dramatically increased to the University of Pennsylvania. And in fact, some of those donations, several multimillion dollar donations to the Biden Pen Center, actually came from entities that were connected to Hunter Biden's activities in China, so they're not random. And the Biden Pen Center really became a sort of a depository for members of the Biden team. So Tony Blincoln was there, who's now Secretary of State. He was collecting a paycheck. You know, Joe Biden's counselor in the White House was there for a while. There were multiple people, including Joe Biden, that were collecting large salaries there. And there's a lot of evidence that China was financing those activities in China in the Biden Penn Center. And on top of that, of course, you have this sort of weird discovery that classified documents were being stored at this academic institution in Washington, d c. So the Biden Penn Center is a problem, but you also have the University of Delaware set up a Biden Center. There's actually two centers. The one in Delaware doesn't get nearly the attention, but when he set up the Delaware operation, they took in six million dollars in Chinese donations. There had never been a single donation to the University of Delaware before Joe Biden's Policy Center was set up in China. So the Bidens have personally profited from their financial ties to China and the institutions that they have built in the University of Delaware and Penn, I would argue, you have also benefited from this Chinese large s and it's a huge problem. Again, These are not charities. They are doing this for a reason, and I think one of the things these Congressional committees need to get to the bottom of, Lisa, is what were they getting in return for this flow of money to the Biden family.
Speaker 1: You know, you had mentioned Blinken and some of the other members of the Biden administration. How many of our public officials, elected officials are similarly compromised as Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, and it's always hard to know the extent to which they're compromised. But if you look at the last four US ambassadors to China, including the one appointed by Donald Trump. Sadly, the last four US ambassadors, they all when they left the embassy and quit serving as a US ambassador, either they or their family members became consultants for Chinese companies. Timmy, That's just ridiculous and atrocious and has no place. So we have a problem with diplomats. We have a problem on Capitol Hill. By the account of registered lobbyists in Washington, DC, we found twenty three former senators and congressmen who right now are lobbying not just for Chinese companies, Lisa, but for Chinese companies dire directly tied to the Chinese military intelligence industrial complex. Twenty three former senators and congressmen are lobbying for those entities in Capitol Hill and someone are making a million dollars a year. So it's a huge problem. It's a problem with business leaders in Wall Street in Silicon Valley. So we have to do this reassessment in the country because we have, I think naively believed for decades that by engaging in commerce with China, China would become more like us. I think there's a lot of evidence that we've actually become more like China, and far from becoming more liberal. Over thirty years, I would argue that China today is far more repressive than it was twenty years ago. So this grand experiment of engagement has failed. All that succeeded in doing is strengthening China and enriching American political elites to the detriments of ordinary Americans.
Speaker 1: I mean, it begs the question who side are these people on?
Speaker 3: It does, and you know, it's funny because part of the motivation clearly is money. For people like I think the bidens. You could look at Mitch mcconnlin, his family there's certainly a story to tell there. But then you get to some of the others that have kind of honestly very weird, praiseworthy things to say about the CCP in China, people like Elon Musk or people like Bill Gates. I mean, these are people who have hundreds of billions of dollars, so I don't really think the motivation here is money. The motivation here seems to be ego. It seems to be hubris. You know, you take Bill Gates, who is praised the Chinese government for how efficient they are. Of course, it's very easy to be efficient when you have no property rights or an independent judicial system or free elections. But Bill Gates has praised that government, and he's done considerable business with that government. He doesn't necessarily need the money, but they stroke their egos. So you know, a few years ago, China, you know, announced it was the you know, the the one hundred years of the founding of the Chinese Communist Party, and they listed the thee hundred most influential people in world history. So this is everybody. Now, Jesus was not on the list, but Bill Gates was. Bill Gates was next to Marx and Lenin and Mao and and you know, for some of these guys, that sense of feeling important. You know, Bill Gates talks about going and meeting with President G and sharing ideas with him and discussing with him how to deal with health issues, and you know, G is very appreciative, and you know, Bill Gates says, you know, G works so hard for the Chinese people. Those motivations are harder to unpack. And I don't think they're financial, but I would argue that some of those individuals, very wealthy individuals, are also compromised, if if in a slightly different way.
Speaker 1: How much influence does China have on our industries and or institutions. I mean, we've seen it with the NBA, and you know obviously with the Bidens, But to what extent it's a huge.
Speaker 3: Huge problem, particularly Silicon Valley and Wall Street. You know, flashback to twenty seventeen when when President Trump put tariffs on Chinese goods, Beijing was apoplectic. So where did they do, they say, did they send a bunch of diplomats to Washington? No, they actually send government officials to Wall Street, and they went to the big firms Blackstone, Black Rock, Morgan Stanley, and they said, hey, guys, look, you need to fix this because if you don't fix this, we're shutting you down in China. And you literally had American financial institutions going to Washington lobbying the Trump White House, lobbying Capitol Hill on behalf of the Chinese government. That's a huge problem. And what China does is they dangle access to the market in front of these people, and they are literally willing to sell their I mean, I'll just give you one brief example. There's a guy named Ray Dalyo who is a head of Bridgewater Associates. It's the biggest private hedge fund in the world, well known Wall Street figure. In twenty seventeen, he wrote a book called Principles, which describe the people that have affected his life and influenced him the most. And he goes on and on and on and on in this book about this guy named won Ki Shan in China, and he talks about him in sort of prophetic terms, that this man is a profoundly wise man, profoundly influential, a remarkable force for good. And I've learned so much from won Ki Shan, and I thought, okay, who's won Ky Sean. Well, it turns out he's the second most powerful man in China and he's President J's enforcer. In fact, the Economist magazine calls him the most feared man in China, because if you get disappeared in China, chances are Wyan Kishan the guy that's arranged it. So I thought to myself, what on earth is prompting a smart guy like Ray Dalyio to say something like this. Well the answer came about a year year and a half after he released this glowing book talking about Wonky Sean. That's when Bridgewater Associates became the first hedge fund in the world to be allowed to sell its products to people in mainland China. And I think it's that simple. I mean, that is what selling your soul looks like. And unfortunately, there's a lot of people in finance and in Silicon Valley that are prepared to do that. And it's an enormous problem. I don't know exactly what the solution is, but we've got to address it in some way because these individuals are literally building up our chief competitor at our expense.
Speaker 1: It kind of makes you question if it's possible to untangle ourselves from China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there are areas that we can, and we must. It's going to be painful. My view is, I don't know if if China even sells potato chips in the United States, but if it's somebody like potato chips or soybeans, I don't really have a problem with it, because the ordinary, ordinary Chinese people are in a sense, the main victims of the CCP, and they've got to make a living. What I have a problem with is the technology and the medical supplies and their ability to manipulate and control us through it. Let's remember during COVID, President Trump raised the issue of you know what he called the Kung flu or the you know, the China virus and its origins from a Chinese lab, and what do the Chinese governments say? The Chinese government issued a statement saying, you know, if this continues, we may shut off the export of antibiotics to your country and you will be living in a sea of COVID. That's what they said, and I think they meant it, And actually the rhetoric in Washington did kind of ratchet down. That's a problem. And so when we have this economic tie to them, and it's in critical strategic industries I would say, like green energy technologies. I mean, Biden's plan for expanding green energy is a giveaway to Beijing. Eighty percent of solar panels and of battery technologies are made in China, so we need to decouple that. Other strategic industries, certainly in electronics and medicals, those areas we need to decouple. If people are buying blue jeans or T shirts that are made in China, I have less of a problem with that, and I think we can allow that commerce to continue. But in these strategic industries we absolutely must decouple ourselves.
Speaker 1: I think Trump is really right about bringing back manufacturing here in the United States. Particularly to your point, I mean, we should not be relying on China for eighty to ninety percent of our antibiotics. That's absurd and dangerous too. To your point when they threaten to withhold them, Yeah, you know, you look at the Biden fami.
Speaker 2: Have crimes been committed.
Speaker 3: I believe they have. It's you know, I always preface things by saying I'm not a lawyer, and you know it's also the challenge in Washington is that, you know, political families are very, very smart. They do a lot of corrupt things, and our laws are written in such a way that unless you can demonstrate an explicit quid pro quo, you know you are. Let's say, Senator Booth from the great state of Florida, if I come in to see you, I know you would never do this, but I'm just giving you this scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, I always, I always people give scenarios.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, exactly, I'm just just for just completely illustrative purposes, hypothetical exactly. But you know, if you're the senator from the state of Florida and I came in and I gave you a shoe box of money and said, Senator Booth, I need you to vote for this bill, and you voted for that bill, that is absolutely a crime because it's a quid pro quo. I said, I'm going to give you money, and you took that action. Now, if I came to you as a senator and I said, you know, Senator Booth, I know you've got this adult child. Let's say I'd love to hire them as a quote unquote consultant for my business. And you're like, oh, that's great. And I'm going to pay them two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. They don't really have to show up all that much, you know. I'll let them know when we need them. Oh and by the way, there's this legislation I'm really concerned about, you know. And here's why I'm concerned about it. If I don't ask you, but you end up voting for that bill, I've accomplished the same thing. But is that illegal. It's not an explicit quid pro quo, and our laws are more fuzzy. So part of the problem we have is, you know, these people are not dumb when people say, you know, Hunter Biden is this drug addict, and Hunter Biden went to Yale Law School when he has personal problems, but he's smart in the way that he communicates what he says and what he did doesn't say, in the manner in which they conduct their business. The Bidens are that way, the Clintons were that way. Certainly Republicans who have engaged in the smart way. So the question of whether something is illegal is hard to answer, but I think it evades the larger point, which is I think in either scenario fictional scenario, that I laid out. I think anybody would look at that and said, either one of those is just wrong. The fact that you go to jail for the first one and then the second one, I hire your kid and I accomplish the same thing. People think that's terrible too, and want that to stop. The problem is our laws. It's hard to create laws that deal with very, very clever, corrupt behavior.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean you've got the Pelosis killing it in the finance. What their investments, you know, it's like they seem to you know, obviously he seems to always be ahead the curve her husband there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pelosis have been very smart about this. I did a segment years ago with sixteen minutes on how the Pelosis would get initial public offerings of stock. I mean, this is just genius. Where you know, Visa, for example, wanted some legislation killed when Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House. Her husband was given access to five thousand IPO shares of stock before the public listing, and they made one hundred thousand dollars in a single day. Well, the only people that were really I think rightfully given access to those IPO shares of stock were investors, board members, etc. But suddenly you have Paul Pelosi that's given access to the ice these IPO shares of stock, and Nancy Pelosi kills the visa legislation. Is that illegal? I think it's highly unethical, and I think it ought to be investigated. But to the point we're making earlier, if she had taken one hundred thousand dollars cash and they told her don't vote this, you know, don't vote for this, and she took their advice, that would be an explicity legal act. And the Pelosis have been masters, masters at manipulating the system, enriching themselves in massive ways, and doing so in a way that kind of obscures the legality of it. It's kind of a gray area.
Speaker 1: When it's pretty infuriating as they vote and perpetuate policies that harm, you know, the financials of everyday Americans, whether it's driving up gas prices or you know, inflation or whatever it is. It's pretty infuriating when they're obviously leveraging their positions to get rich.
Speaker 2: You know, you look at the Department.
Speaker 1: Of Justices investigation and to Hunter Biden, do you think that we'll bring them to Joe Biden. Do they even care? Is that going anywhere as the classified documents into Joe Biden going anywhere?
Speaker 2: Is it all just a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a good question. I don't really know the answer of it. I was more optimistic early on. So I wrote a book called Secret Empires in twenty eighteen, which was the first book that exposed the Biden's China deals and you know the extent of the Barisma deal and all of that. And I was contacted by the FBI at that time, who said, we're interested in this, we want to talk to you. I had a line of communication that was all good, and literally four months after my book was published, this grand jury was convened to look at the deals in China. So I was very optimistic. I was very excited. And then a year went by and I said, okay, well, you know these things take time. Two years went by. We're now five years into this investigation. And I think the revelations of this whistleblower from the IRS who's come forward are very very interesting because if you simply look at the issue of tax evasion hunter Biden, there's just in mind clearly has committed felony level tax evasion. He owed millions of dollars in taxes, he never paid money, and a lot of his earnings from overseas. They can be in the grand jury in twenty eighteen, and then in twenty twenty two, years after they're investigating it, he gets this California lawyer to pay two million dollars of what he owes the irs. That doesn't matter, I mean in similar cases, people are prosecuted almost immediately. In these circumstances, there were even emails on the laptop where his accountant is saying have you paid taxes on any of this money? And Hunter Biden blows him off, and he didn't pay taxes on it. So you look at that, you look at the fair of violations. These are the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Clearly Hunter Biden was representing foreign entities before the US government. There are multitude of examples in the emails and meetings that he set up with people that met with his father when he was vice president. There are emails where people say do we need to register under Pharah because we're setting up these meetings and hunter Biden doesn't respond. And yet the Justice depart and has gone after Republicans for fear of vir relations, I would argue rightfully so, by the way, but there's this massive inconsistency. So we are five years into this grand jury and I've pretty much had it. I'm an optimist by nature, but the fact that this continues to drag on and now you've got the luxury granted of a meeting Hunter Biden's lawyers apparently meeting with DOJ officials a few days ago to discuss this. I just don't think they would lend this kind of soft treatment to anyone else politically in the business world. And it speaks to a huge problem because Lisa, if you look at the decline of civilizations in world history, the sign of decline that is the most troublesome. It's not elections, although elections are really important. It's when the judicial system serves the interests of certain powerful people and it treats other people differently. That's when a civilization is in trouble and is in decline. And that's what we see, I think in spades with the Bidens right now.
Speaker 2: Sadly, that's what we have. I'm in with you unfair.
Speaker 1: I think it should be in force, but it's being selectively enforced.
Speaker 2: To your point.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the problem with our society today, just like you know, you look at the Clinton's team getting immunity and talking to the FBI, where you know they don't grant that to Michael Flynn for instance.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Great point, great point, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's where we are today in this really sad state. You know, you've written multiple New York Times best selling books on corruption, bringing truth to light, exposing all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: How'd you get into that? You know why? Corruption? You know what, what about.
Speaker 1: It gets you up in the morning and you just have that perseverance and desire to get to the truth and investigate.
Speaker 3: Well, part of it least is it just kind of pisses me off. That's part of it. But I mean, more to the point, I think, you know, we have a obviously a big philosophical ideological debate taking place in our country today between progressives and additional conservatives, America Firsters, whatever you want to call them. There's this ideological debate going on, But I think there's more driving the debate than that. I do believe corruption is driving a lot of what we're seeing in Washington, DC. And it's a reason why you see Republicans that get elected being traditional fiscal conservatives, we're going to hold spending, and then suddenly two years later they're spending money like drunken sailors. Because there's a business model. And the business model is when you grow government, you create opportunities for enrichment. You're creating more demand for your services, you have more power, you have more influence, you can pick more winners and losers. So that motivates and incentivizes our elected and unelected officials to engage in growing the size and scope of our government because they can self enrich and corrupt. And I think that's a huge problem. Once you make something not just a policy goal, but a selfish, self and Richmond goal, you are going to have a group of motivated people that are aggressively going to cling to power. And I think one of the sort of issues you see on this issue of you know, the intelligence communities and the FBI and they're sort of butting heads with Donald Trump and their opposition to Trump. Part of it is they don't want, you know, some things necessarily revealed, or they don't want their powers restricted some of the things Donald Trump is. But part of it is they've got a great business model going. I mean, you leave the FBI, you immediately become a consultant to all these companies, to all these overseas actors. It really looks pretty greasy, but nobody inside the Beltway talks about it. So I think a lot of what we see happening in Washington is being driven by corruption. And I figure that, you know, there are a lot of great people fighting the philosophical battle. I felt like the corruption part was unrepresented, so I dove right in.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick commercial break. Please stay with us. Are Republicans doing a good job digging into this stuff in the House?
Speaker 3: I think yes and no. I think the Oversight Committee is doing some good work. But I think the mistake that's made is we need to be thinking like prosecutors. They're not prosecutors on the committee. They're part of a congressional committee. But you need to be smart about it. And I think every time something comes out, you hold a press conference, you hold an announcement, here's three other Biden family members that have made money. It soon becomes white noise. I mean, if you're doing it every other day, it's like white noise. Okay, Yeah, well this isn't a big deal, because I heard sixteen more of them, like over the last two months. So I'm more in favor of thinking like a prosecutor, collecting the information, holding it tight, and then bringing people before the committee and really asking them specific questions, saying, you know, you know, to Hunter Biden or to the business partner, did you did Joe Biden help you in any way? And when they say no, say, well, you know that's interesting because I've got this email where it says that Hunter talked to his dad about this very deal. So I want them to be smart in that way. I feel like part of the challenges people on that committee, they have other assignments, they have other responsibilities. There's a whole debt ceiling debate going on. It's very very hard to focus on this one singular thing. But I do think like you have to have at least three or four members of that committee who are laser focused on this issue. It can be complicated, it's easy to obscure, and if you don't know the details, it's going to be very very easy for Team Biden to spin this.
Speaker 1: That's a really good point, Peter Schwizer, anything you want to leave us with before we go.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of things I'm discouraged and frustrated about, but I am optimistic about my country because I know the principles it was founded on. I know what ordinary people want and need. I think those values are still bedrock. So don't get discouraged. If you get discouraged when you hear this kind of stuff, or you get discouraged when Lisa is talking about the crazier things going on in Washington, don't get discouraged. That's exactly what they want you to do. To get discouraged, unplugged, and go away. And if they accomplish that, it's going to make their win a lot easier. I think we're going to win, but even if we're going to lose, I want to make it as hard as possible for them for them to be victorious. So my message would be, don't lose heart, you know, be informed, know that this is happening, and then engage and fight for your country.
Speaker 2: I love that, you know.
Speaker 1: I keep being like, this is the hill I die, and then there's just so many hills.
Speaker 3: Well, and the thing is pretty soon there won't be any other hills. You know, this is it, and you know the old joke about there's no other country to escape to. There isn't. I mean, this is it, so so you know, let's stand and fight.
Speaker 1: I I agree, Peter, appreciate what you do. I've always been a huge fan, so it's an honor to have you on the show. I thank you so much for taking the time.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. Great questions, Lisa, and thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: That was the great Peter Schweizer.
Speaker 1: Had actually had emailed him before to try to get him on the show, but couldn't get him, and then i ran into someone who works for him, and so I'm so glad to have him on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Truly a fan of his. He does such a good.
Speaker 1: Job at taking all these really complicated issues and making it digestible with explaining why it matters. So just appreciate what he does and just cool to have him on the show. So thank you at home for listening every Monday and Thursday. But of course you can listen to it whatever you want because it's a podcast. I want to think Drew Steele, who stepped in for John Cassio today, for putting the show together. You can find us on Apple Podcasts. Love reading your reviews and ratings until next time.