Speaker 1: It's your boy. Ken Floor is check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo, Bootleg cav podcast. Man, we got a special guest in here, the very funny Ken Floor is welcome, sir.
Speaker 1: What up? Man, appreciate you having me, man, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yere. You know I've noticed about you. You have a pretty stellar fitted hat collection.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I know. I've loved hats ever since I was growing up. I worked at Lids for a good minute.
Speaker 2: You got the Lids discount?
Speaker 1: Nah, No, I mean I got yeah, well, I got yeah. Well, I mean I used to steal from that motherfucker so they fired my eyes. But I was working there during high school and ship that my coworker started sucking the manager, so we started stealing because we was blackmailing her. Nice all all kinds of shit. But anyways, all that to say that, yeah, I got into hats around that time. And now when people see it on the videos online, every time I go to their city, they got one ready for me. Gott to get it for you. Yeah, this is the best.
Speaker 2: What's uh the most you pay for a fitting?
Speaker 1: Man? I mean usually the nice ones that I got are are the ones that are gifts. I was just in San Diego and I went into like just the lids and bought like a regular I think it was maybe like a spring training in San Diego Padres had and that was sixty dollars, and I don't kind of hurt.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, nah, they're fucking dude, They're they're up there. Especially if you go to like you know, like shots to Cap City. You go over there, they got like the variants, Like shit, you might spend like seventy dollars on the fitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. And then like when me when I went on to perform, so usually I'm sweating on stage, so I could only usually wear it once and after that has got like a yellow stain on it or like ass.
Speaker 2: That shit is crazy. Ah. So you said you were just in Reno this past weekend and you flooded your hotel room.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, I was in Reno. It was my first time there. I heard about it, but I ain't a real methy town, real mad you know, it's crazy because it's like it's a weird combo. It's like some of the richest, wealthy as nice as white people, and then just some of like the most trashiest fucking.
Speaker 2: People's kind of like Vegas. Yeah, it's just like much smaller and much more rednecky.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but but it was fun. Man. It was my first time there. But they put me in like a nice, a nice suite at the at the comedy club was inside the casino and they put me in a suite up there and they had a nice like dracuzie with a big view. And usually I've got jacuzzies before, but like at the Super eight, so I don't even think about getting them, because.
Speaker 2: They got jacuzzies at the Super eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get like the they give you like the deluxe sweet. Oh yeah, I mean I wouldn't get in. They probably get something like STD or some shit. But uh yeah, this this hotel was a little bit nicer. So I ran the water. I let it fill up all the way. I was drunk as hell, was me and my girl. It's like five in the morning. We had already we were down like fifteen hundred at the casino. So I was like, you know, what's in the night, the nice like jacuzzie, you know, So I filled it up all away. I ain't realize that, you know, I ain't never took this nice class or science class when you put they talking about it was water distribution or something like that. When you jump in that motherfucker the water elevator. So me and my girl both got in that motherfucker. And I'm a big motherfucker already, so that shit, it was just like a tsunami. Bro Like, I just looked at the water like flood the whole apartment. And crazy thing is that we I had just traveled from Chicago to Reno, and I was doing laundry because I stopped to visit my parents and my I was gonna miss my flight, so I didn't let my clothes dry all the way. So as soon as I got to the suite, I laid everything out on the floor air dry, and now everything's on the floor. So it's the fucking sweetest flood and everything's just getting soaked all over again. So we're it's just me and my girl. We're literally fighting to get out this dracuzie. But of course the dracuzie is like like he's got like a little slant, so we're slipping. It's like some cartoon shit flint Stone ship, like we're running and play Scooby Douch shit. You know, finally we get to jump out the goddamn uh CHACUZI we put everything away, But I mean at this point, like we're walking around the whole weekend, uh, and here's all the water and the goddamn fucking carpet. It's just by the third day, it just smelled like it.
Speaker 2: Was like mold.
Speaker 1: It was mold. I was like, we either gonna go through this motherfucking ceiling down to the next floor or the next motherfucker will no deposit. No, not the bozigone. We just started smoking in that moment. At that point, we just started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once you fled the room, you just got to kind of like, I don't know, just do whatever you want in there. At that point, for real, You're like, I'm gonna smoke weed.
Speaker 1: Might as well sub least demo for Yeah, my Airbnb's bitch out for a day, you know, shit shot.
Speaker 2: What's it? So you're originally from Chicago, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I grew up in the North side of Chicago, Hombo Park neighborhood, and then I moved out right around like middle school, middle school, high school. I moved moved out to Aurora, which is a suburb of Chicago about forty miles west of downtown. Wayne's World was actually shot there.
Speaker 2: Waynswood was shot in your hometown.
Speaker 1: Yep, a ruraland north fire.
Speaker 2: I'm curious because, like, I don't think a lot of people give like the city of Chicago, like like enough credit as it being like a real Mexican city. Oh yeah, because like when we think of Mexicans, we think of like Texas the West Coast, like, but Chicago's like I would always say the furthest East. You can get real dope Mexican food is Chicago. Anything after that, shit's fucked up.
Speaker 1: No, man, man, there's actually an argument going on online. I've actually gotten gone viral a few times. Bread is argument of saying that just Chicago has got better in Mexican food than the whole country, even California. Yeah, some people. Yeah, I've lived here a little bit longer now in l A, and I've i come to realize that it's just that you guys got a lot of options.
Speaker 2: What's also a home for you?
Speaker 1: So like I get it, Yeah, but but we do got good food though.
Speaker 2: For sure, I heard it. I heard it's amazing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean yeah, but when I started touring and traveling. I tell people I'm from Chicago, and the first reaction is there's Mexicans there, which to me is like insane, because I mean I'm from there, so I'm like, what the fuck, Like everybody, we're all Mexican up there. What are you talking about? But but yeah, it was crazy, but it's also a culture shock to go to New York or like my first time I was ever on the road, I went to DC and I realized that there's their majority of Latino was Salvadorian. It wasn't Mexican. So that was kind of weird to me. I was like, whoa, That's like when I moved.
Speaker 2: I lived in Florida for three years, and you know, if I met a Mexican, I was excited. All from the West Coast. Where can I get good food? And they're like.
Speaker 1: They're not, say yeah, yeah, it is a culture, especially if you frequent only the West coast, you know, Texas or Chicago, and then you go out easier like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You go to Florida. It's that cool Cubano food man, which is fire. It's fire, for sure, but it's different. It's it's totally different.
Speaker 1: In Chicago, we actually got a we actually got. We got Puerto Ricans in Hombo Parking neighborhood, and we got Puerto Rican Chicago food that's not even available in Puerto Rico. It's only in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Puerto Rican Chicago, a style of Puerto Rican food in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Only specific specifically, they created this like text mes yeah, yeah, like text mex but they got this thing. It's called the head Etho. I always found it out. It's it's it's basically like a state sandwich when instead of bread they use planteens. And it's just I mean a one shout out to Heids and Mons in Chicago and Humble Park. It's gas bro. I recommend you guys to go there. But that's why Chicago is different, Like the food is just I think we got the best food in the world. Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I've heard. I've heard it's amazing. My friend is radio out there. Uh so, north side of Chicago's Cubs yep, south side obviously white sox So did you grow up a Cubs fin? You know what?
Speaker 1: The people we used to live in a basement, me and my family and the people that the landlord that lived above us, which is kind of like our family now that we consider them. But they were like huge coach fans, so I just I just remember like Sammy Sosa during his prime and all that, and they were They never took me to a game, and I still to this day have never been to a Cubs game. But they grew up liking the Cubs. You know, as I got older, I kind of fell off of baseball and I started wearing a lot of black. So I'll just buy a whole bunch of socks gear.
Speaker 2: I mean, white Sox, the cleanest hat in all sports. Yeah, definitely, Like I think I probably owned three hundred white Sox fitted in the last ten weeks.
Speaker 1: They go with everything.
Speaker 2: You can wear white Sox fitted with anything, yep.
Speaker 1: And then but I've been to white Sox games, but I've actually been to more Dodgers games and then anything. So I guess I consider myself with Dodgers right now. But but yeah, yeah, I grew up a Cubs fan.
Speaker 2: Uh when you were growing up, because obviously, you know, when we think of Chicago from like the hip hop perspective, at least in the last decade, we think like the shy Iraq quote unquote, the drill scene. Obviously the North Side is a lot not near that where you were at and obviously moved out, But did you did you like, were you like being in your hometown during that era of like drill and everything that was happening out of Chicago, Like what would like? Was that like dope just to kind of be around for Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm like, Bro, it's it's like, you know what this is? How inspiring that shit is. This weekend, Chief Keith was back in.
Speaker 2: Chicago first time in twelve years for Summer Smash.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was literally considering canceling my show to fly back to Chicago because I got I'm friends with the people that own speaker Box, So I was shout out my homie, even Caronza so he always looks me up with tickets and like it was such a monumental movement for s like I'm watching the goddamn tiktoks. My eyes are watery and shit, my fucking I'm getting goosebumps. If you follow me on Instagram, it's Ken Flores's three zero zero, It's three hundred because we were so like it just inspired Chief keefs just I'm not a beady I'm not a black disciple, right, but but we all, like all he had the Mexicans, the Blacks, the white everybody was beaty around that time twenty twelve when like Back from the Dead came out Fredo Santana and me one time. One time, me and Fredo Santana. He had a concert and I was up there just game banging. I'm not evenna say what I was saying, but I was game banging and he saw me, so we started game banging on each other. It was it was like like I was a huge fan of the whole glow, like the Glory Boys and all that little dirt when he came up, I mean, and then like following g Herbel Baby right after all that, Like that whole time was like they made it seem like even me as a comedian because like Kanye made it out of Chicago, you know. But I was too young at the time. I was born ninety six for sure, Like I wasn't even like into hip hop around that time, like because you know, my parents Mexican, I didn't even know hip hop was a thing or whatever. So when I got into hip hop it was a little bit later. But just being able to witness that whole era of love foe, you know, like these guys like for a long time, they made their whole their friends famous, like like Fredo Santana had like the Savage Squad, Little Dirt and his OTF crew. You know, it's sad. Obviously, they also ignited a war in Chicago, and you know a lot of people lost their life. Yeah, but I mean just like the as far as the motivation too, Like it made me feel like, oh shit, this dude is from here, like the same place I'm from. Not necessarily the same place, right because it's a completely different world the South Side compared to the North Side or the suburbs, but just just like him, Like damn, he lived like out here, he walked these streets and he fucking made it. He blew up. He's a multi millionaire, huge innerscope deal. Sixteen years old. I'm sixteen years old, you know, like at the time, and it just motivated me to be like, oh, I could make it, and what I want to do if he can do it, you know, and then I ain't gonna lie. Like it was really inspirational, like and a lot of people started rapping. Has a lot of rappers from Chicago came up.
Speaker 2: He's probably I mean, I mean, look when you break it down, like the last you know, ten to fifteen years, it's like him future.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As far as the most influential influencing other artists, sound like, it's probably those two, like you know, because.
Speaker 1: It was I mean, it was just completely like yeah, I mean, I don't know, man to.
Speaker 2: Me, it was I was dope. It was dope. I was at I was at Rolling Loud, uh and I was on stage while he was performing because Sexy Red cave out. We were up there were that ship was a free for all on stage. They had the whole goddamn everybody from Rolling Loud was was just wanted to come and see him perform because like he don't perform like like that, you know, like for for and you know, like to see him go back to Chicago was dope. I didn't even realize that they're like your first time in twelve years somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so there are songs like, for example, like like Fernido who you know you put it at a club at any concert, it's gonna play and people crazy. So it's the first time he gets to perform that, which is crazy. I mean, it's insane, Like I mean, I mean, like I said, I just wish I was there. It's definitely a crazy moment.
Speaker 2: So how did you kind of break it down?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Like? Obviously you know you're you're obviously killing it, You're you're torn, you've you've been killing it as a comedian, But how did all all this start for you?
Speaker 1: I mean, shout out to the internet. You know, Internet definitely changing a lot of people's eyes right now if you're a content creator. But as far as I put me in the game, you actually just had my big one, Rene Baka here not too long ago. The way the way I kind of started getting on the road was I I came across some of his videos. He was actually one of the first people to start like with those with those viral stand up clips. Now I know that they're all over the internet. You know, most of them are trashed, but he was like, everybody's doing them, everybody's doing them, but they don't. Everybody don't.
Speaker 2: And also they're forcing crowd work to try to get one of those moments as opposed to just focusing on the comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks to see a comedian performed looking for a clip or chasing the clip.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like it's like, dude, just do do as it gets set, that'll happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it happens. It happens. If it don't, it don't is way more organic, you feel me. But Renee was one of those guys that like he was never looking for the clip. He's just a fucking crazy motherfucker on stage. His energy is insane, so his videos would automatically go viral, you know. And I remember me and my homeboy Chin's at the time were watching them and we're like, dude, whenever this kid, I don't know who this kid is, but we need to go see him whenever it comes to Chicago, And he had booked a show at the Laugh Factory out there. At this point, Rene only had like forty thousand followers, So I messaged him. I was like, hey man, you know, I'm a comedian in Chicago. At that point, I was had like a thousand followers or something. I was I would love to open for you, We would love to work with you. You know, you're from San Fernando Valley, I got families, you know. I was trying to like relate to hev you feeling like so he give me a spot, but he was like, bro, I already got people coming with me. You know, I'm sorry, I can't really give you a spot. And I understand him because now I get people that message me that, and you're like, what, I put you up everybody? You know, So I get him now. But at that time, and I was like, damn, Luckily I had a relationship with the club. So then the club ended up hitting me up there like you know what, somebody dropped out so he'd come through five minutes open for him. I was like, all right, fuck it. So I went up first before all his openers, and I look, he killed that shit. And it was only like forty people there. Like he wasn't that big at the time, so we could. We didn't really sell tickets. It was kind of empty, but we rocked the show that night. We drank and then and then he started telling me like, bro, put your content out. Put your content out, like it's gonna start to blow up. People follow you, you know. I was like, all right, fucking I'm gonna do it. So we started me in my roommate at the time. I told him, I was like, I'm gonna pay for your half of the rent. Just do me a favor, like, just cut out clips for me, and that's all I needed to do. He was my video guy at the time. He was like, all right, fuck it, I'll do it. So we started putting out clips every week and I started growing when they started blowing up like Max, like to the Max. Then he was gonna come back to Chicago. The time he came back to Chicago, he actually hit me up. He's like, hey, man, I see you've been doing your thing. I'm about to go back. Help me promote the show. Let's sell it out. I'll let your feature for me and you'll give you twenty minutes instead of fine. I was like, all right, fucking we announced the show. It sold out like in two days. There's like three hundred people. So I was like, oh shit, like we got something going here. So then we did the show, rocked that well. He actually his feature. Something had happened. We had overbooked the show, so they had to have me host instead, which hosting kind of sucks because then you got to go first.
Speaker 2: And in the middle of everybody, in the middle of everybody.
Speaker 1: But I was like, you know what, I'm instead of looking at it like fuck you know, I got the mooted. I'm gonna look at it like opportunity. I get to go up there multiple times, so I'm gonna make them love me. So I went up there. I fucking rocked that shit, and they got to a point where the people were waiting for the comedians to hurry up and finish just so they can see me again. So then Renee obviously went up there and rocked that shit. And then from there he told me, he's like, hey, bro, call off work tomorrow and let's go to Detroit. I got another tour stuff up there. Shit. I was like, shit, say lez I call working.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was doing leasing for an apartment complex that over there and back home, and I was like fuck it. So I called off work and we went up to Detroit. We drove all the way up to Detroit. We did the show, and from there we went out to drink to a buffalo Wowings. I remember, this is the relationship somebody ever did for me in comedy. We were drinking at the be Doves and he's like, bro, you need to come to La. Have you ever performed in La? And at that time, I already was kind of building a following and people would tell me like, are you from La, You need to come to La. I was like, I don't know nobody in Labor, so I've never performed out there, but I know I got people that's waiting on me. So he's like, how about this, you and me go to the Haja Comedy Club. Well co headline, so you will go fifty fifty on the door. You can have fifty, I'll keep fifty. And he didn't have to do that. He could have just been like, you could open for me.
Speaker 2: And you'd been like, I'm in hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck, I don't give a shit if I would have been negative, like I'm coming so, but instead he did that for me, And before we left the be Duves, he had already got on the phone with the owner of ha haa comedy club, shot out to Terry and we already had the link up before we left. Ken Flores and Renee Vaka like co headline in Haha Comedy Club, North Hollywood. So that to me was like, oh shit, Like he's he's like he like he's doing it. You know, he's not just talking out his ass because in this business, motherfuckers be talking out the ass. So I was like, fucking we gone. Then. So from there he went back home and we didn't really speak until like the week of the shows the show started selling out. We started with one show, ended up with four total. And I remember that weekend we did the show and this motherfucker pulled out. He did on purpose, but it was cool of him. He pulled. He got the money in cash and he gave me. You know, it was like like six seventh grand, big old stacker cash and I had never had that much bread, like legal money like like that. I was like, damn, Like this motherfucker just changed my life literally, like this seven thousand, I'm able to quit my job and move out here. And then he's like, and I got Boston, New York and he gave me a list of like eight cities. Following weeks, he's like, let me know. So I fucking I didn't even call my boss. I just went back home. I dropped my keys off in the office. I got a one way back to LA and I never went back. This is last year. At the beginning of the year twenty twenty three, January, fuck yeah, and I was Janet and that was what June twenty twenty four I'm on my own tour, I got my own agents, my own management is because every time he was in the room, that's my dope. Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like people don't be putting on like that like they like they should. Man, I feel like, obviously you always hear guys like Joe Rogan bringing people up, but like you know, I feel like I feel like there's the other side of comedy where people are very like stingy with the yeah you like.
Speaker 1: The thing about Renee, the way he moves, He's very confident, but he doesn't just appear to be confident. He is confident in his material, in his work, so he don't mind putting me up before him a lot. There is a lot of times where I would do shows in Chicago and people be like, oh, I'm not gonna go after Cans because he can's gonna rip it up right, and then I'm gonna have to go fucking suck so so, and he don't. He's not scared of having to follow somebody. Funny. Now, I feel like you want somebody to kill it. Hell yeah, that should be the mindset, but it isn't for a lot of people, you know, so he they.
Speaker 2: Want to be the funniest person of the night no matter what.
Speaker 1: Of course, even if it means booking people, that's sucking having the crowd have to sit through the bullshit, right, But yeah, he did that for me, and because he is confident in his material, he don't mind me getting a piece of the pine. And then you realize in this game is fucking money everywhere.
Speaker 2: Now when I saw you, guys, I saw you and him and Concrete pulled up that ship was dog. That was one of the funnier nights. And you were roasting this dude in the front row you. The whole crowd was chating Frank is gay. Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, Frank sucks, Dick Frank sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, that you gotta be careful about because you never know.
Speaker 2: Now you're like, who do you want to do? I was like, damn, I was like ship but being ben bother, like what the fuck.
Speaker 1: You have to say? It's like a new age of comedy, you know, like it was cool though.
Speaker 2: It's so funny dude, Yeah it was, it was, It was. It was a good night. So before you met Renee, how long was your comedic journey before that? Like, were you just doing open mics.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, so my license got revoked because I was driving. Yeah, okay, So and I was already living on in the in the Aura, so it's about like a thirty five minute drive into the city, so I didn't really have rides to go into the city. So I couldn't really do open mics like that I was. I was only doing open mics in my hometown, which only be like once a month. I did comedy about five years before I've ember day. Wow, so I was five years in.
Speaker 2: But it was very much like a hobby. Were you super like in it? Like, Yo, this shit's gonna work.
Speaker 1: It had to work, Like I was. I was like, it's it has to work because I know I ain't. I don't want to go work at a factory. No more warehouse. I'm done with that ship. I was into drugs.
Speaker 2: Really bad too, doing them or selling them?
Speaker 1: Doing them? No, I was not selling nothing. I was doing all my products.
Speaker 2: But what drugs were you doing?
Speaker 1: Cocaine? Man? Oh? Yeah, yeah, that's the one to fuck you up?
Speaker 2: Explain why your friends with our good buddy Alexis.
Speaker 1: But uh but anyway, so yeah, that and and I ended up doing I was doing open mics or whatever, but I was I kind of had to make sure I killed every show I was on to be able to leave with another booking from that show because I didn't have time to hang out or the politics hang out exactly. I just couldn't do it because I didn't have to ride it. I was fucked, so I had to work with what I had. So only in my whole life is kind of weird to say, and people don't believe me when I say it, but I've only ever done like eight or nine open mics ever. From there, it was just shows that I was booking, shows that I was booking, and then the Internet just put the Internet and they just took everything off. But luckily, like I was ready and I you know, it also takes talent. It's not hard work is hard work, but there's also got to.
Speaker 2: Be a little you can do. You could work really hard at putting out shitty music. No one's gonna like it. Yeah, but like if you suck, you suck, like you know, it is where it is now. If you have a little bit of talent, you know, maybe you know, like you know, we see some subpar comedians doing well but they have great fucking work ethics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, so you will get better. And that's what I've been doing on the road because I definitely wasn't ready because a lot of comedians, especially like the Ogs, like the burg Christis Thompson girls, like most of them, they got to feature for years before they started headlining, So they walked into a lot of these venues already. So when you walk it somewhere that you've already been to before, it's different. It's a completely different confidence. Even if the status you know it, you know the player, you know where the backstage is, where the back.
Speaker 2: Peop kind of have an idea about the people who come to the shows in those cities.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, and you're not iffy about like you know, if you're about ship you know. But yeah, and then with me, it's like a lot of these places I'm going to is I'm going there for the first time, so I don't know I'm gonna get treated right, but so so it kind of like the first night's always kind of like uh, kind of rubbing the dust stuff or whatever. But but yeah, man, I mean sure, fuck it. We live in a time where it's like it's either now or never. So I'm not gonna be like, oh no, I can't do it because I'm I'm fucking you. Gotta learn as we go.
Speaker 2: I saw you on the on the Cooking Show with with Burt Kreischer, have any of those those kind of like that kind of gang of comedians. Uh, embraced you, looked out for you because I know you say you you go to Austin, your girls from Austin, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I'm not. I'm not. I haven't got into that circuit though. The way the Burt Chrisier thing came about was because Filippe was supposed to do that show with I believe it was a actor or Latino actor, uh, and he actually got a part last minute, so he had to fly out. So Bert just I'm not I don't even know, I mean sorry, Philippe hit me up. I don't know if I was the second option, third fourth, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Better hit you and you were like I'm there.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm in la and where they shot it, and there seven minutes from the house. I was like, I'll be there, so I show I showed up and luckily man I knocked that out the park and me and Bert. You know, we built a relationship from there a little bit. We exchanged info. Yeah, I got I got his number and everything. But I'm not one of those guys that like reaches out to people just because I don't want to. I don't know, I just I'm not.
Speaker 2: That I say, they just how hard Like some of those guys work with like so many show ideas like that damn motherfucker's does so much. I'm like brown, Yeah, man, he drinks so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, I dude, I'd be like, I'll be so goddamn tired just flying to the damn shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get off that plane, like, yeah, well I need a nap.
Speaker 1: No, they get off planes and they go do podcasts and then they go do performances. I'm like, hey, I want something. If it's a travel day, it's a travel day. That's it. All I'm gonna do is travel.
Speaker 2: You said it on that So you are still with the girl who moved out with you immediately after pretty much knowing her.
Speaker 1: Correct Yeah, yeah, we broke up, but she came back.
Speaker 2: Okay, So was it you they got a tattoo or she got a tattoo or we both got a tattoo, So each of you got a tattoo. How how soon after initial penetration where the tattoos tattooed?
Speaker 1: The tattoos came before the penetration.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait wait, So before you had sex with your girl, you got her name tattooed on you. Yep, and she got your name tattooed on her.
Speaker 1: She got my initials.
Speaker 2: Actually, you got the full name. So she had like a nice out you're all. I mean it's small so you could get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you know what, Like I was, we're supposed to get the initials, but I was, I don't know, I feel like if I get the initials kind of gay like, And she was like, got to go get the name. Like, as a guy, we're gonna be the decision.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, how about they you guys hadn't fucked yet. Yeah, both of you tattooed. How how long from Hi? I'm ken Hi? Whats your girls? Name? Starts with the T? I C Talia Taliah, It's nice to meet you to the tattoos? Was it was it a week? Was it four days? Was it two weeks?
Speaker 1: Man? Bro, there's like a Nicholas sparking story because I had met her. Her homegirl was fucking my homie Renee and oh shit, but anyway, it was a long time.
Speaker 2: Ago, long time ago, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it was last year, the first time I was in the first time I was in Austin around May. Her homegirl came to see my boy, and I kind of was just like the oh, well, you're like ages. You know, there's the two man machine feel me. So anyway, so I'm talking to O girl whatever, and we just talked the whole night. But I'm trying to be cool, so I keep buying drinks and shit, Like I'm buying drinks and we're still on Sixth Street, so like people are there from the show, so they're asking me for pictures. She didn't even get to see my comedy because she had to late, but she's seen the people take pictures and shit. So I'm feeling like I'm on one. You know, I'm buying her drinks. I end up overdoing it. Bro she ends up getting like fucked up. I ended up getting fucked up. So we get into like a petty cab those like bike cabs or whatever, and we went to our Airbnb that was right there because her homegirl was going with my boy. So we get to the BnB and she's getting off the off the petty cab. She busts her ship like she fell off. So I'm picking her up and I got it like over my shoulder. The dude just looking at me, like.
Speaker 2: What's happening, dude?
Speaker 1: Want to commit a crime like dolf of.
Speaker 2: Mine to scroll?
Speaker 1: She saying like she passed out bro right. So I'm like, so I didn't realize I looked.
Speaker 2: I was just like whatever, it looks real crapy, yeah right.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck my career, she hasn't even started yet. So I ended up taking it too. The BnB, I put her in my room actually, who was right in the entrance, and I just, you know, I just I was like all right, I closed the door. I went and partied all night, knocked out. You know, I'm not no weird shit or whatever. So from there, we finally I found her on Instagram and I kind of just clowned her a little bit, like damn, like you knocked the hell out whatever, and we kind of kept talking. I was like, well, I'll be back next time. Next time, I'm back, like I'm gonna, uh, I'm gonna just bring you with me to LA and I just kind of I was like the running joker or whatever. Then I did end up going back. I did a sold out show in Austin at Catch City Comedy Club, and the whole time like I'm performing, I'm killing it, but I'm looking for her, you know, I'm like, I'm looking for because she had like red hair at the time. And then I end up finishing the show, I never find her. I do the meet and greet, I don't see her. Then I go look at my phone and she's like, yo, they won't let me in, like I got here late. So she missed my ship again. Bro missed my whole show again, so she still hadn't seen me do comedy and h But we kicked it that night after the show, and from that night she was we just kicked it. But she ended up like I said, she didn't. We didn't even fuck before the tattoo. So she went home and then she's like, if you push your flight back, we'll hang out again tomorrow. So I'll push my flight back. Then I was Friday. We kicked it again, so we kicked it twice after we after I went back, and then when I was gonna come back to LA, I was like, fuck it, just come with me, and I got her a ticket and she came and she never went back.
Speaker 2: Did you guys get the tattoo in La.
Speaker 1: Night? One the reason I had to fly back to La was because I had a spot at the comedy store and I'm like barely trying to work my way into the comedy store was one of the best stories in the world, of course, so so so I was like, I can't misto the spot, Like I gotta go back. But I was like, if you come with me, like I'll make sure I got enough time to pick you up and then we'll go through the spa and then i'll show you lay. So sure enough, I got there first that morning, then she got there that afternoon. I picked her up, went straight to the comedy store, rocked my set. Then from there we went to the Boulevard Hollywood Bulevard.
Speaker 2: All the tattoo shops are open all night, yep.
Speaker 1: And like I just said it as a joke, like I'm like, I'll get your name ted and she's like I would do it, and I was like hell no. She's like yeah, I'll put I'll put your inities toxics. Fuck yeah, I was for real. So we go to the first tattoo shop, bro, and then at the first tattoo shop. At the first tattoo shop, they're like, now we're busy, like and I was like, oh, that's a sign, like let's not do it. Let's not do it. And then she's like, noah, there's another one right there. So we had to walk all the way up there. And then I was walking at the time. I had like health issues and shit, so I was I ain't gonna walk that far. So I got an uber and then the uber we got like an suv because I'm trying to like show off and I put on Blame Me by o GZ and he's got a line in there and he's like, uh somethingbout tying your name on me or some ship. So she was like, oh, see it is a sign we gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Did you do that on purpose? Did you play that song?
Speaker 1: Really? No? I just liked the song. But anyway, so we walked in and sure enough, the dude had time. So I was like, well, if you go first, and I'll do it. If you go first and get my initials. I'll do your whole name on my hand if you go first, though, but I'm not going first. So she did it. She laid down, put my initials on her back ofver ear, and then I went and got this. And it was a lot thinner because they know, like you know, it's boulevard tattoos, like they're gonna regret this ship. Yeah, so the tattoo was very thin. I feel like I feel like I would have washed my hand enough times.
Speaker 2: When it came out, it had already been gone.
Speaker 1: So my dumb ass got drunk. Is fucking Saffron the valley with the homies one time and one of them is like practicing how to do tattoos and thiking my ship up. Yeah, he thinking my ship up. My ship was all swollen for a minute and now it looked like a prison tab. But fucking had to go big or go home.
Speaker 2: So did The first was the I mean with the tattoos, the first time you guys have in text or so much, it's like it's like it's like the detox, Like it's like so much anticipation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't that. It wasn't nah, man, we were drunk as fuck. We knocked out halfway through it. We didn't even finish, I swear god. We both passed the work out, woke up pants around our ankles, and ship. Yeah. It wasn't good, but we made up for it.
Speaker 2: And she's still with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, we had broken up for like a month.
Speaker 2: Bro. She went back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you went back home. We just got into it one time because they pulled a gun on us in Raleigh, North Carolina, and and she was like, I don't care why you ain't taxt me all day. I'm like, they pulled the gun on us. So we got into a big argument. But but anyway, we got back together.
Speaker 2: To you, man, that's I wish you luck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now it's cool. I'm telling you, bro, she saved my life. I was I was doing. I was. I was like I was in La by myself, you know, when I moved out here. Me and they were supposed to get a place together, but he actually had got with his wife. So obviously I'm not working man, I'm your roommate, you know. So I was like, all right, now it was cool, man. Let me. I was runting a room for my uncle and sian Fernando Valley and then when I got my apartment, I was by myself, so I would just be drinking the whole time, getting fuck the cold, getting faded, and it was just like I was just going to like spiral out of control.
Speaker 2: Sounds like somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ended up going to the hospital. It was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 2: You were a fucking on one, yeah, Bro, it was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I didn't give my body a break. I'll go to the hospital for cocaine and then I'll come down from the cocaine, but then I'll eat a whole pizza so that my heart would be like having to digestive pizza. Like it was just I was just killing.
Speaker 2: My wasting away, committing slow suicide in an apartment in the valley.
Speaker 1: I was on my Chris Farley, Shit, I ain't gonna lie, bro. But yeah, now that she's there, you know, it's not even like just having somebody in the apartment.
Speaker 2: It kind of keeps you in chest, somebody that can give you, hold you accountable exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm not gonna eat the who pizza because she right here.
Speaker 2: You know, have you cut down on the cocaine use?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent, I mean not one hundred percent. That would be a lie. But yes, a lot, but a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only thing is like there was those comedians who uh it was it last year? There was like two or three of them that died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't remember in LA I forget. I don't want to, you know, obviously I don't. I don't remember their names. But yeah, that ship that it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, that ship does you.
Speaker 2: Never know what you're fucking putting up your nose, dude. Like that's the thing that sucks about doing drugs in twenty twenty four is that shits is cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, But you know the crazy thing is too, Like I'm not sure if you ever that, but like that like that. But the thing is, like I canna say that right now because I'm sober, like right now, I'm sober at this moment, Like I'm sober this week. But uh, I'll be like, yeah, man, I could tell you I can sit right here and bullshit be like, yeah, I ain't never know what they put in there, but if I get four beers in me, bro, I won't give a fuck you feel me, like, like, just give me that ship, like what you got, We'll figure it. Out, yeah, like it doesn't matter, like fucking you feeling like like it's so crazy how fast the mind.
Speaker 2: Changes changes and not just with that decision.
Speaker 1: It could be like with like cheating on your wife, and it could be anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be like, oh shit, I was in the moment. Fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People kill people like that, you know, like oh I saw red and you know or whatever.
Speaker 2: Eveen like getting into a car, Like we had a homemad of ours who went on a sick ass bender last week and this fool was like black the fuck out and got all like emotional, jumped in his car, drove to Runyon Canyon and went for a fucking hike at like eleven pm at night. Fell fucked himself up, survived, thank god, but I was like, bro, I talked to him the next day. I was like, bro, you could have died, Like you couldn't killed somebody dog Like he was like blacked out, Like why would you go to hike?
Speaker 1: And the pitch black Like, but why would you go to hike at all?
Speaker 2: You should probably you try going to hike, So talk to me, like for you, like obviously, I feel like comedy is like you know, it's like with anything, you know, like DJing, wrapping. With technology, it's made it a lot easier for people to label themselves as something that they might not necessarily fully respect or be. Does that make sense? Like I've been seeing so many people pop up doing like quote unquote comedy and they well, I could put a reel up, I could put an Instagram clip up or whatever. For you, Like, is it when you blow up on the internet? Is it harder to get like peer respects when it comes to like some of these guys, has it been doing it for like twenty years? Do they look at you a little different or do you think that that has kind of like passed because I feel like there was a time or that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, bro, I think that right now we live in a time where people are like the Internet has made a soul self centered. We only think about ourselves right as comedians. We comedians are people that need reassurance. We need instant gratification. That's why we do what we do. And whether it was because of trauma or whatever the fuck it is, you need that validation, you know. And I feel like back then, you weren't on the internet all day, so all you have to do is look at other motherfuckers when you wasn't looking at yourself. So yeah, there would be more peer I guess peer comments or you know, it'd be other people will talk about you more than anything. Nowadays, we live in a time where people are more like they respect art more and they realize like everybody's a little bit different, So we're not gonna talk shit about it, you know, and if they do, it's not gonna be as I.
Speaker 2: Would just say it, like, yo, funny, it's funny. I don't care if it's a skit. I don't care if it's the stand up. If I laugh, I laugh, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but but yeah, like right now, we don't, I mean, And then me, it's like I definitely don't give a fuck because it's like shit, I'm making money, I'm selling tickets, like my life.
Speaker 2: Was life shame.
Speaker 1: I had my car repossessed, I got kicked out of my house, like I was doing drugs, like I was in the hospital about to die from heart failure, like like, bro, I'm not even supposed to be here now. Like so being the fact that I'm able to go to Reno and do six shows Denver, Detroit and have a whole tour. Yeah, I'm already. I live in l A. Like I used to come out here broken ship. I used to save up five hundred dollars, used to come out here and sleep on my uncle's couch and just like look at like the houses down my hole and drive and shit. Now should I live out here? You know? I live right over the hill. I work the clothes that like the Club of my dreams, Hollywood. Uh, you know, the comedy Store, the improv.
Speaker 2: Hot like like for people. I don't think people understand, like the how legendary the comedy Store is. So are you like a regular there now?
Speaker 1: Like I'm not a regular, but I am in the development programmers what they call it. So basically you just go, do you do your spots as they give you spots, and eventually, you know, once you I'm not sure there's like a chart or of how many you gotta do or what you gotta do, but eventually they make you paid regular. Your name goes on the wall, which to me, I was a comedy nerd before I was a comic anyway, So just to have that on there it does mean a lot to me.
Speaker 2: So that's a big deal. Yeah, it's such a big deal, and I feel like it's such a cool place just to hang out in network.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I'm still one of those guys like every time I walk into any of these comedy clubs here, like I take it in, you know, and I still get stars strict. I don't give I'll ask a comedian for a picture. I give, like because I'm like, dude, I could not be here tomorrow. You feel like I'm a fan of the funk out. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: Who's your who's your like Mount Rushmore, who's your favorites all time?
Speaker 1: I mean of all time that are alive, the dead or live Patrise O'Neil, Patrise O'Neil, Cat Williams Chronicles Part one like Earlie Cat Williams. Yeah, banger Philippe Sparsa I I I you know, I'm definitely influenced by him a lot. I mean, Reneve, I can change my life. So that's for right there, my Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to uh. I feel like Patresea O'Neills one of the more influential guys nowadays, Like how crazy how big would he be right now? Like with the Internet.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's I mean shit, he would be the biggest because because he would be like he's like the father I guess of like what the Shane Gillis is now, right, you know, because he's like the guy of being himself and that's something that I aspire to be. That's why I like Shane Gillis is fucking hilarious, one of my favorites, you know. But yeah, you know, it's about being yourself and that's what I want. Like, I never want to have to go on stage and pretend. I never want to have to turn it on. I want to be myself. And I feel like Patrisa's that person. And Philippe was the first person to talk about, like I feel like dark stuff on stage as a Mexican, you know, because most Latinos were just doing like Mexican moms be like you know, you can hear with the Chandola. Philippe was ok there talking about I was addicted to cocaine, you know, so that also like inspired me a lot related Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but that's that's that's what I like.
Speaker 2: That's fire man. Have you been working on a YouTube special or anything like that?
Speaker 1: No? Not.
Speaker 2: That kind of feels like the you know the new thing guys are doing, dropping you specials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the thing is right now again with the whole, with the whole jumping getting in the game and like kind of getting catapulted into headlining and touring the country. It's not that's not the normal pass exactly. So I don't have years of material that I've been working, right, I was barely You're like, yo, I gotta get through next weekend, right. I was developing my Hour as all this happened. So I'm still doing my Hour. I'm touring a lot of these places for the first time, so I'm barely using that material. So I don't want to have to like put it out already because I still got like a year left of tours.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, I can't be out everywhere. I need people to be able to come and see that hour, and I'd be like the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I and I am writing on the road and putting stuff to the side and everything. Now that I know that it's it's it came so fast, and I gotta be ready because obviously I still got to eat next year, so I still got a tour, so a lot of these cities I'm gonna go back to and I can't go back with the same shit exactly. So I am I am trying. It is a little bit more pressure on me now, but but it keeps my pen hot. You feel me, and I don't get to be lazy. How do you write?
Speaker 2: Like when you have an idea, you're writing it down? Is it in your notes?
Speaker 1: Like? How do you the good The good thing about headlining is that you get like an hour to perform. So in that hour, you're not gonna You're not gonna just do. There's gonna be especially like somebody who just started like me, you might have a different cadence one day where you're like, oh shit, I got an extra five minutes with the try some shit out, yeah, or I forgot some shit so yeah. I Usually I usually try to do all the new stuff up top, just to kind of see if I can get something, or usually i'll do local stuff first, which is new stuff because I just learned that in the city as I got there that day. But I'll do that and if it's working, then I'll throw in some new ship and then I'll go into my and if the new shit don't work, then I'll go into my material, which I know is gonna work, you know, so I always try to hide it in the middle somewhere or or towards the beginning, right before I know I'm gonna have a good one right after that. But yeah, yeah, I use That's how I kind of write on stage. As far as like not being on stage, I don't sit down and write anymore, just because I don't even I don't even think I got pens was at home, to be honest with you. But I just usually write and bullet points in my iPhone notes and then I'll go on stage and I'll.
Speaker 2: Work work through it. That's fire. What was it like doing the shots to the Coyote Boys. They did a video with Mario Lopez that you were in, which just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, it was crazy to me. Like, I mean, obviously shout out at the homies and Coyotes are the homies. That's why we did it. Yeah, just seeing Mario Opez was like what the fuck because he's like it was like his ageless yeah, first of all, and then it was just kind of like it's such a random ass person, like to me, like super Ran because like it's like Mario rap video. Yeah, like because I know he's from here cally, so you get more love, more people know him. But over there back home, I just remember like the people used to watch the Baby sent me upstairs. They saved by the bell Slater, you know. So then like seeing him, I was like, what the hell like And it's crazy because like he is a celebrities famous, but it's just like you're the guy from like the TV guy you feeling like like.
Speaker 2: But he's cool for the gas station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's everywhere. It's funny now because like every time I go into a hotel room, he's there, and like, my girl, I'm like, oh, that's my homeboy, you know, I know he likes all my ship now. But he's the coolest bro. Shout out to Mario Lopez.
Speaker 2: Real motherfucker whatever he'd be eating and drinking. Everybody should practice because he's not aged.
Speaker 1: Bro, that motherfucker. It just like for real, yeah, bro, literally he's Mexican for real, for real. But yeah, that was It was insane, man. But I just realized that I don't think I could ever be an actor. Bro. I had like a fucking a three second scene and it took us like maybe like forty minutes an hour to film because they got to get like every angle. I was so goddamn like tired of that shit.
Speaker 2: I were like, yeah enough. I was like, man, how many times we gotta do this shit?
Speaker 1: Like do it one more time and then do it one more time? And I was just like, what the fuck am I doing it? Right? I never really done it before. I remember one time I got hired to be in a movie and they stay emailed me the script six months prior to the first table reading. I printed it out the first day of the table read. I never looked at that moment, not once, not one time. Then I went to the table reading. I thought we were gonna read it, but obviously everybody had.
Speaker 2: Everybody already memorized their ship.
Speaker 1: Everybody shit was highlighted.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the fuck, You're like, hold on where we Atah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then at the table reading, they were like, yeah, you're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna work for you. So I got fired. So from there I was like fuck acting. And then I actually did it for the music video and then I was like, yeah, I don't think I like this ship at all. I feel like it's like having a job. All over again. And that's why I do comedy, so I don't have a job.
Speaker 2: Tell me, Uh, obviously, it could be cocaine, it could be shrooms, it could be edible. What's the highest you've ever been in your life? Highest where you were just like fucking ship bro, whether you were tripping balls or you thought you were gonna die.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've told this story on a few podcasts already. I could do that one, or I could do a different one.
Speaker 2: Give me a new one, a new one.
Speaker 1: Man. I remember one time I used to do my own podcasts and uh before you know, before going on the road or whatever, and I was doing a podcast and I was interviewing some young kids who had like a Mexican musician band locals or whatever. And the whole time, I'm just doing coke, like I got an eight ball on me. And every time the camera's you know, obviously we got the producer, so when they're talking, I know the camera is gonna pan that way, so I'm just doing fat bumps. And throughout the whole interview, the whole interview, I damn near finished, like the whole ball throughout the enemy. It was like forty minutes by the way they were.
Speaker 2: They looking at you like you were crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these kids were like I mean at the time, I was probably like twenty five, I'm twenty eight now they're probably like eighteen. So they're just looking at me because it's funny because they brought they brought me a gift. They brought me like a tequila bottle, and they brought me two cigars or two cigars, and I like, they're smoking cigars, like you can tell they're just like fighting for their life smoking this fucking cigar, and I'm just like, coke the fuck out on my mind. So yeah, it was just like an awkward ass internet shit on YouTube. It is, bro, Yeah, I sure got to be on YouTube somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And then like at one point they're telling me like oh yeah man, but as far as music or motivation, I think or something that's more, I was like, all right, that's enough, thank you guys for coming to the podcast. I just cut him off, had them. I cut him off halfway through the dam podcast. I was like, all right, bro, thank you, thank you, thank you. I kicked them the funk out because I wanted to keep drinking. I didn't want to talk anymore. I kept drinking and I kept geeking after they left. And then I used to live in the apartment that was first floor apartment, and it had a sliding door in the back, but right behind it was a train track, so the train would just That's why I ran with Cheapers Hill because was just the fucking train was just zoomed by, and it was just like every night, every night. So so my homeboy, my roommate, he's knocked out on the couch in the living room and I'm in my room. I'm just like trying to come down from like this fucking like I'm like sweating and shit, like I'm trying to write jokes but like I can't, but I'm just not like I'm just not like still, you know. So at this point, I'm just like, ah, something's wrong, Like something is wrong with me, something's wrong with me, Like I don't know, man, Like I don't know. I started like my fingers are like gang banging and ship like I'm looking like my homie Lefty gun planes sh Bro. I tell said, oh, bro, fucking me, So I'm looking all so but I never, like I never I've done like I had done coke a long time already from that point, but I had never like I think I had never done it in that short period of time that much. And that ship was strong as fuck. It was like something butter shout out to the blood almost killed my ass. But that's so we end up doing. I ended up doing all this ship. Then I start getting like a brain freeze. So I'm like, oh, ship, Like I'm cold, but I'm hot. But I also got like a brain freeze. So I started looking ship up and it's like, oh, you're like like a heart attack, like overdosing. Like so it's like the worst ship ever.
Speaker 2: So you were like borderline overdosing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro. So then I'm tweaking the fuck out. So I go to the back into the sliding door ship and I pop open the door. We got the wooden stick, you know, take that ship out, open the sign door we go. I go to the back and the wind hits me. So I'm just like I start coming down. I start coming down. I start coming down. Bro, I don't know where the bitch ass trained. Bro, my heart just started it went crazy again. So it gets to a point where I'm just kind of like like this is ship, Like zombie mode and the neighbor from next door, he was in his balcony upstairs and he's like, hey, like you all right here, and I'm just looking at him like this like I'm on thriller and he ends up sucking. Uh, He's just looking at me, right, But he don't like we hate each other because we bullshit like throwing the treasures at each other or whatever. But so he was just kind of like damn, he about to go, you know. So I go back in the house. I close the door. Then I locked myself in the bathroom. I just turned the water on. Bro. I didn't get in the water. I just wanted to like hear it, like hear something, you know, like something peaceful. And I just like I was like I just put my hand on the wall, like like I was like this is bro, like on the wall. I think about it. I was like, damn, bro the wrong with me? But from there, I ended up going into my bedroom. I take off my shirt and I was like like it just it wouldn't stop, you know, like shit was just tweaking. And my dumb mass thought that if I had a bong rip, bring me down. So I hit a bong rip that shit just made me more paranoid. So now I'm paranoid. My heart's beating, like bro I made up on the downers. Yeah, I was like, should I call try to go to the hospital. I should I wake up my roommate because my roommate, by the way, the whole time, he's passed out, and I'm mad as hill because I want to wake him up, like bitch, help me out. But at the same time, I'm like, what the fun I'm gonna do any of them? Yeah? What you gonna do? So so I never wake them up, And then I'm just like, should I just called nine one one? Should I call n W one? But I was like, hell not, because then my mom is gonna find out they're gonna call her. She does go to the hospital, she don't find out I've been doing all these drugs. Like I was like, fuck, I'd rather die, and I was I'd rather I rather overdose it. I rather have them to find my body before my mom. I have to face my mom about this ship.
Speaker 2: Does your mom watched podcast that you're on?
Speaker 1: Now? She knows? Now? She knows now I can't cleaned about a lot of shit. But so then from there, I was like, fuck that. So I fixed my bed. I put a whole bunch of pillows like I was. I kind of cleaned my room up a little bit because I was like, you know, they're gonna find me here. I got pistols and cups and ship. I got a ship around. Like, shit was horrible.
Speaker 2: You were pissing the cups next to the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because sometimes my roommate wul take forever in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, sick ass fool.
Speaker 1: I was depressed, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ever actually spilled a couple of piss?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, that shit sucked.
Speaker 2: I remember I had to piss in a bottle while driving once and that was rough because I'm driving and then like I think my first squirt went out and like hit the steer wheel on my hand.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, bro, fuck that, bro, I fucking shipped myself trying to piss in a bottle in the car. Yeah, loose ass booty. But pause on that, pause on that. Whoa blood thinners? I'm blood thinners.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yo, you got to get your health together.
Speaker 1: No, I'm doing it now. I'm on the way.
Speaker 2: Now are you working out?
Speaker 1: I mean nah, just go for walks. Yeah, that's what I started doing now, go for like an hour walk every day. Hell yeah, I started doing.
Speaker 2: What about food?
Speaker 1: Are you like? Yeah, I definitely eat a lot less. I'm on the right medication, less on the drugs drinking.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: So it's going, it's going really well. I'm doing a lot better than I was before you got you got a lot to lose, bro, Hell yeah, now, but you know what I ended up like Chris Farley, Yeah, I know. So I had done my bed, I was ready to die, and I put on your Mom's House podcast Times of Girl, and I was like my comfort show and I put it on and I was just like, well fuck it, like I'm gonna lay right here and we'll see what happens. And I just closed my eyes, bro, And I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I think I was so in shock that I'm knocked out because I was so coked up, Like people like, how did you go to sleep? Though? And I still don't know how to explain to myself. I don't know because I would never I'm one of those guys where if I do it, I'm not going to sleep that night. So I don't know how I did it. But I knocked the funk out. I think it might have been the bunk hit. It just overpowered to coke and eventually I passed out and I woke up the next day. The sun was beaming in my fucking face and my arm hurt. I just remember my arm like hurting like a ship, a little like like somebody just punched me. All of them shit. But it was just like I think all the stress I was doing heart, all the stress that was on it and ship. Bro, I fucking took a shot. I went to work. That was it.
Speaker 2: Have you met Tom Sigor yet?
Speaker 1: I've never met him, Bro, I was you got to tell him?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, I thought I was in an overdose and I put your podcast on.
Speaker 1: I don't know, can be like, oh yeah, he probably like it though.
Speaker 2: Is he he's done stand ups in full Spanish? Is he Mexican or what?
Speaker 1: Is he's half Peruvian?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, because I know he's done like Spanish versions of his specials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's well, he's working on I think he's got a Netflix deal for one right now. I think he's recorded it yet, but he's already done shows in Spanish. But I think, uh so he's half Peruvian, so his mom spoke Spanish, but he also went to school abroad in Spain, so he learned his Spanish is kind of like spainiard it's proper. Yeah, it's real proper Spanish. But I mean it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Sing I'm gonna do a lingo yeah, day eighteen.
Speaker 1: Eighteen for Spanish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, in l A, you definitely need like, it's definitely a w Well.
Speaker 2: You know, my wife's Mexican, so I needed just to she speaks English. But but you know, like I fucking I go to Tijuana for my dentists and ship and Denna's yeah, the Dennis and they gave great food.
Speaker 1: Dog okay, Chinese in Hong Kong out there.
Speaker 2: Never, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What that is. You know that you said never before he said, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I have to brothel Hong Kong. Yeah, is that like a never heard of Hong Kong in China?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, in Tijuana. No, Hong Kong is a brothel. It's very famous.
Speaker 2: I had never been anyway, you got me there. I'm glad you're alive. To what's your next l A show?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I got a in l A.
Speaker 2: You just pop up.
Speaker 1: I got Pasadena in August twenty ice house. Yeah, Pasadena ice House, we got them August ninety team or most of beach August twenty ninth, and then we're doing ox Ned July nineteenth. So I'll be all over like the ie and down.
Speaker 2: Tons of lettuce out there in Oxnard, they have tons of lettuce.
Speaker 1: Lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where all the farms are.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I remember driving there a couple of times and it was.
Speaker 2: Just nothing, just lettuce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Shouts at eight oh five, shout out to eight o five. Yeah, I love them out there. They go hard out there, for sure, they do. They're good, good folks in eight o five. All right, Well look, but I appreciate you pulling up many thanks for having me go. Follow this guy, which is Kemp Floor's three hundred yep on Instagram. Uh, and make sure you go. You got the YouTube channel popping?
Speaker 1: Not yet, bro, not yet. No, I gotta get get it going. I know, I know I'm sleep on the You need the YouTube shorts, Yeah, shorts, a few of them, and it is Kemp Flooris's three zero. But no, I'm not active.
Speaker 2: You're not active on there. You got to get the guy and off from free rent again. Yeah, for really, you need to come back or tell your girl, and I need you to get on that premiere cut or cap cut or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be on the road with me. We could be flooding these hotel rooms together. I mean, you add some fucking videos on your phone.
Speaker 1: You gotta edit something.
Speaker 2: Man, there it is my guy. I appreciate you pulling up.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yes, sir, let me appreciate it.