Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to the minisode.
Speaker 2: It's our five hundredth minisode.
Speaker 1: Oh is that even possible?
Speaker 2: It's quite an accomplishment, it is.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of us. I'm breaking the cute little five hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of Corey for this design. So cute, incredible, all of it.
Speaker 3: But we're doing a very fun thing for like, especially for this episode. Our producers thought it would be fun to take all of the different subcategories of minisodes that we've asked you all to send in over the years, and the ones that they know we like the best.
Speaker 2: They've tried to get two for ones, two subjects in one email for us.
Speaker 1: So like a random hero pet meets treasure in the wall kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: A grandma meets al Capone.
Speaker 1: That's the only example, the grandma and al Capone, Grandma and al Capone. But then you have to have another one meets a deathbed confession.
Speaker 2: Glitchen, the matrix, Glitchen the matrix.
Speaker 1: Those are my favorite. So yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: But here's an even more fun part is that these are complete surprises to us. Usually we pick our own emails to read to each other. Yeah, but this time they've been chosen for us by us.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm going to read three from Karen that Karen chose specifically for me and vice versa. So I've never seen these, so they better not be embarrassing. That would be really Eryl.
Speaker 2: There are all three emails about your butt.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I did it, but I did it. I'm proud of you. Okay, so yeah, let's do it. Let's get and do it. Who goes first?
Speaker 2: What do you think you want to go first? Sure, they're pure surprises, so we can't even wait.
Speaker 1: Hold on because I have a good one for your last one. So if I go, then you go, then I go, then you go, then I go, then you go. So yeah, me counting, I've got I can't count five because you're so good at this. That's right that you've done it.
Speaker 3: Also, just for everyone at home, Georgia thought this up the first.
Speaker 2: Week we did this podcast.
Speaker 3: What mini soots were an immediate It was a great idea.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that we did it. It's it's brought so much joy I think into our lives. Oh yeah, this is you know, it's my favorite. What better than to read other people's grandma's adventures? Totally or whatever. We've read so many great stories over the years, the latch Key children, Jude, That's just everything that we learn about ourselves and our listeners has been so much fun. Okay, So the first one that you picked for me is a grandma vengeance story with cats. So it's the Sassy Grandma's and cats. Those two topics as one one. Sassy Grandma's chocolate, cat's vanilla, and you get here. We love I want that, okay, Hi all, but especially cats for reasons that will soon be clear. Before I begin my sincerest apologies to anyone I know irl who listens to this podcast, because I've definitely already told you this story. Anyways, onwards. My grandmother garepa on the beach in Tampa, Florida, and every kid in her neighborhood had their own little row boat. It was the thirties, so child safety was not a thing. How fun would that be?
Speaker 2: How old did you have to be to get your own rowboat?
Speaker 1: Eight? Probably?
Speaker 2: What if it's fine?
Speaker 1: Y'd so easy. One day, when she was about eight or nine, Oh, she looked outside and saw another kid out in his rowboat, holding a cat by the tail and swinging it over the water. Filled with a righteous rage, my grandmother jumped into her boat, rowed out to the boy with the cat, stood up, and started beating him over the head as hard as she could with one of her oars. I thought I was gonna say, with one of her cats, thinking of the cat. This apparently went on for quite a while, but eventually my grandmother decided that the boy had been suitedly punished, and she grabbed the cat and rowed back to the shore. A new home was found with the cat, and the story of the boy and the oar passed into family legend. That is amazing. Now, my grandmother was known to exaggerate things, so my mom and her siblings always took the story with several grains of salts. But years and years later, my grandparents decided to retire back down to the Tampa area. My mom, being a youngest and the only kids still at home, got dragged along on various errands. One of these errands was to the local bank. When they walked into the bank manager's office, he took one look at my grandmother's maiden name and started edging around to the other side of a desk. It was the same boy and he was a fairly still very scared of my grandmother. Fifty years later. Fuck yeah, my mom obviously lost her entire mind, but my grandmother just laughed and reassured him that as long as he didn't have any cats and she didn't have any ores, he was probably safe. My grandparents opened a new bank account without further incident, and they proceeded to have a very happy retirement, and as far as I know, the bank manager didn't torture any more animals. Thanks for all you do and for getting me through many long hours in the lab because I work on my PhD. Stay sexy and believe your grandmother when she tells you that she wants to meet up a kid on behalf of a cat, Cassie. The generations of cats that owe their life to this grandmother, Yeah, is such a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Actually, the cat she saved birth over five thousand kittens.
Speaker 1: That's right, five hundred five hundred kittens. Oh it was not a good one. Yeah, okay, I can't remember what it picks for you.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that I picked that one for you but didn't eat because I was just like trying to get it right. And it's like children in little rowboats the cutest. There's got to be pictures of that. I mean, like, I need to go into that world. Want a tiny rowboat that's just for me, Yeah, for me in that ocean.
Speaker 1: Put snacks in it the ocean.
Speaker 3: Okay, ooh, here's my first one. The subject line is hidden things in walls. Yes, surprise, it's Grandma Grandma's and walls. Oh okay, yeah, okay, I'm over this one now.
Speaker 2: It starts a hoioi pals.
Speaker 3: My grandparents live in an adorable nineteen fifties Cape cod split level house. Those two styles put together give you a lot of odd little nooks and crannies and places you wouldn't expect, which makes for a great hide and seek house for the grandkids. Eventually we found all the really good hiding places in our hide and seek games turned into hide and scare the shit out of each other. My dad has always really been interested in old timey shit, and I was a poor middle child who just wanted some attention for crying out loud, So we would often go into my grandparents' attic and spend rainy Saturday afternoons looking through old family photos, trinkets, and trasures. This attic was more like a hall closet that led to unfinished crawl space in the eaves of them.
Speaker 1: I love for the imagination of a kid is like, this is a hidden room.
Speaker 3: It was a beautiful Now that was just don't step on the pink part exactly.
Speaker 1: It's golation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One afternoon, when the two of us were up there, I pulled out a box and uncovered a small door that neither of us knew. I mean.
Speaker 2: Just a door, a small door.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had just gone to see National Treasure. So my eleven year old self instantly yelled, oh my god, the Declaration of Independence might be in there, and then in parentheses it says, what a fucking nerd.
Speaker 2: But friends, I am.
Speaker 3: Here to tell you it was way more practical than that. What we found was the plumbing access space behind the bathroom. You could get into the bathroom from the crawl space simply by pushing out the built in wall hamper. Oh. I had found the holy grail of hiding places that my sister and cousins knew nothing.
Speaker 2: But I could not wait to use it. Holy shit, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: My twisted little mind started thinking of the perfect way to scare the ever loving shit out of them, and play the best prank ever. I had to make sure my plan would work, so I picked the best guinea pig I could think of.
Speaker 2: Grandma.
Speaker 3: Now I wasn't a complete lunatic, so I made sure she wasn't in the shower where she could slip and fall, thank you. But while she was cleaning the bathroom, I snuck into the crawl space through the attic and started lightly tapping on the walls of the shower, then pushing on the hamper, and topped it off by making quiet groaning sounds.
Speaker 1: Kids think they're so sad, I'll let you know. Grandma was like.
Speaker 2: You think one of them's on the wall.
Speaker 3: Then just as I'm ready to jump out and scare her, she yanks the hamper out of the wall and scares me first. Yes, I couldn't understand how she knew it was one of her grandkids when I so clearly sounded like a ghost. Apparently this was a prank she would play on my Grandpa when they first moved in the house. Grandma, relationship goals, Grandma, you have to find someone that you can scare constantly. Oh no, this was their empty Nestor's house. So the thought of my grandma, in her late fifties hiding in the crawl space to scare her husband of thirty some years tickles me me too. Just when I think she couldn't get any cooler, she says, did you know this goes all the way back to the guest room closet.
Speaker 2: We could really get them good.
Speaker 3: My oldest sister and cousin were hanging out in the guest room being cool teenagers and not letting me in because sisters. So my grandma decided to go to that end of the crawl space and start tapping on the walls. They began screaming and ran to the only room with a lock on the door.
Speaker 1: The veg Yeah motherfuckers, Yeah, big sisters, where.
Speaker 2: I was still hidden in the wall making spooky noises.
Speaker 3: Needless to say that two of them had the scare of their lives and still have no idea that their ghostly encounter was just me and Grandma creeping in the walls. That's how hilarious. People were, like, what's your ghost story? And it's just their sibling that they don't know.
Speaker 4: I was looking at a copy of Stephen king Rice's pet seminary and all of a sudden, no, your shitty like little sister, it's your middle sister getting revel right. Grandma still loves a good prank and is always down for a game of anything with one of her twenty two grandchildren or eleven great grandchildren. Her and my grandpa just celebrated their sixty first wedding anniversary. When I asked how they have stayed together this long, my grandpa says, she has the most amazing laugh I've ever heard. And I decided a long time ago, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, I know. I was like, Oh, Karen's gonna cry.
Speaker 3: She has the most amazing laugh I've ever heard, And I decided a long time ago I wanted to hear that laugh every day.
Speaker 5: For the rest of my life, so long as she lets me. Oh keep making your laugh, you son of a bit. You made me cry on the first That is so perfect.
Speaker 1: I know, my god, I'll take that over. I don't think I could be in a relationship that scares each other like I can't jump out to me jumping out and scaring someone's abuse. Really, yeah, that's not They can't do it to me, and I won't do it to them like that snows. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like we'll be like I'm right behind you, just to be like, I'm not trying to scare you.
Speaker 3: It's the opposite of what you would enjoy. Like my cousin Stevie and well it's with his daughter's Kim. His wife would never have it, right. Uh, that's all they do is try to find a place. If that's agreed upon, it's great, it's hilarious. And I know Vince too, we want no part of it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: They're so bad.
Speaker 3: They do things where it's like you're we're like we just went to Dollywood, like we're all walking and they always have their eyes out of like I could.
Speaker 1: Run ahead and just get in there, or even if you go, what's that like, then they get scared, like don't don't do that to me. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: No, I know it's not where you're.
Speaker 1: Enjoying that and tickling, like unless we specifically said that those things are okay and enjoyable, like don't fucking.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think that's a good rule for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't don't tickle people unless you have an express, written, direct written permission. Okay, stay sexy and check your cross space for grandma's before going to the bathroom. See she her, and it says, ps, grandma's name is Zilla. So good, Priscilla, so good grandmothering her ass off?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: That was awesome. See thank you, well, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Let's see what your next one for me is. Okay, this is a combo of or so we thought, and cats. So I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course you guessed that I did that to you.
Speaker 1: Oh you did. Of course you didn't do that. Okay. The time my husband found our lost cat, dot do dot, or so we thought, Georgia, Karen, love your gorgeous faces. A couple of years ago, a stray cat snuck into one of the vans at my husband's work and gave birth to a litter of kittens. Oh my god, my dream. We had to keep them.
Speaker 2: It's they picked us right.
Speaker 1: Several weeks later, each kitten went home with a different coworker, and their mama became the shop kitty. That is how we came to own our second cat, Hazel, a brown tabby who was afraid of almost nothing. She holds her own against our eighty five pound dog. She runs a laps around the house with our two wild boys, like children. That's funny, and she's a great addition to the family. However, Hazel has always been an indoor cat, despite her best efforts otherwise. At around a year old, Hazel went through a phase where she would run full speed toward any door that was opened, just for a taste of the outdoors. Oh my fucking god. Well, one Sunday evening, before going to bed, I realized I hadn't seen Hazel in a while. This is me all the time. Have you seen mo? I haven't seen mo in a while. I searched the house, so tabby right, yeah, yeah, I searched the house in the yard and couldn't find her anywhere. It was clear she had snuck out at some point, with Adis realizing it. I was so worried about her. The next morning, as we drove around looking for her, my husband called to tell me he had found her in a neighbor's yard, but she was hiding from their dogs and was too scared to come out. I grabbed some cat treats and headed that way to help coax her out of her hiding spot. And at work, she crept out from under the shed, and when she did, my husband grabbed her, except then she went absolutely wild, biting, scratching, twisting around and doing everything she could to get away. It was nothing like her, and she was such a sweetheart, so it was very unexpected, but she was obviously terrified. The neighbor who lived there grabbed a cage and my husband somehow managed to put the writing cat inside. His hand was bleeding everywhere. There was a deep puncture wound in his pinky finger and scratches up his arms. He headed to urgent care to get bandage and injected with an antibiotic. Then finally we brought Hazel home, or so we thought, Oh my god, we seen the meme of like I found my cat three months ago. It came home today and it's just too large, black and white, exactly like that. Looked identical. When we opened the cage, she immediately went into our laundry room, hid behind our dryer and would not come out. As I stood looking at her cowering in the corner, I turned to my husband and said, I don't think that's Hazel. My husband wasn't sure either, so we started the process of getting the cat back into the cage and managed to do it without further injury. We took her to a nearby vet and had her scam for a microchip. She didn't have. Hazel has a microchip. This was not our cat. My husband drove back to the neighbor's house where he had found this cat and talked to the neighbor's wife. He explained the situation and the wife responded, yeah, that's our cat. The neighbor's only explanation for why he assisted in the cat napping of his own pet was that they had several cats. He said he thought it looked like one of theirs, but my husband seemed so sure that he didn't want to disagree. Wow, that's therapy. Got to go to therapy. Yeah, that's right. Needless to say, my husband was not happy about the injuries he sustained retrieving the wrong cat. Meanwhile, I continued the search for Hazel. I did everything I can think of, posted online, put up flyers, talked with neighbors, and got permission to search their yards, and put out a trap that managed to catch two more incorrect cats. Then, a couple days later, I walked into her kitchen and Hazel was sitting at our back door waiting to be let in. After three nights of doing god knows what. I guess she was ready to come home.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. It sounds like it was too much totally.
Speaker 1: She was covered in cobwebs. I fucking love that. Hungry and thirsty, but none the worse for wear. My husband's hand healed, but he still doesn't have complete feeling in his pinky finger and does not find the story nearly as entertaining as most people do. Oh Thankfully, Hazel has mostly outgrown her taste for freedom. She still makes the occasional break for an open door, but has mostly accepted that she is strictly an indoor cat. I have attached a photo of her to share. Thanks for reading my story. Stay sexy and don't aid an a bet in catnapping your own pet. Josie she her, Oh my goodness, he looks just like mo, Just like, look at that's a that's a smart, bad cat.
Speaker 2: So cute. She's like, what, I was just under the deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Why are you guys.
Speaker 3: Freaking out all the time? Stop grabbing all the cats that look slightly similar to me?
Speaker 1: God, I love that story so much.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: So we thought good love cats?
Speaker 2: Oh what the subject line of this.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 3: This is a combo hero dog celebrity sighting. Oh yeah, okay, I remember now incredible. Should I hold this subject line? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I wish I hit it from you.
Speaker 2: Too, perfect though.
Speaker 3: Okay, this starts MAM's Hi, I'm obsessed with true crime, but his fate would have it. I grew up in a quiet southern Californian neighborhood no one's ever heard of, which seems like the perfect spot to dig up some murder history or should I take a sinkhole? But alas here I am.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, this one is so well written. I just I thought it was a different one. Okay, so well written. Okay, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm super thankful my parents plopped us down in the most boring and safest of surroundings, but it leaves me very limited on content to send in to super casually say hey, and for that, I'm resentful.
Speaker 2: And then it happened.
Speaker 3: I have been summoned in a recent minnesot You guys asked for the weirdest celebrity run ins, and I am here to answer the call. Imagine it's nineteen eighty eight. I'm a teeny tiny baby. Fuck you, I'm graduating from high school.
Speaker 2: What were you in sixth grade? You're eight third grade.
Speaker 3: I'm a teeny tiny baby ten months maybe in one of those adorable eighties baby onesies with the feet. They've literally been around since State of fifteen hundreds. The nineties are upon us. Simple times, Growing pains is in full teen swing. Everyone's swooning over Kirk Cameron, including my half sister, who's fifteen or sixteen at the time, so it's a baby and then half sister. My parents have gotten our dog, Sarah from some dog breeder trainer who I guess also had some sort of celebrity connections. He calls my dad and says, hey, Steve, Kirk Cameron is looking for someone to watch his dog while he goes off and shoots a movie. Would you be interested? Why he chose my parents rather than someone entirely more qualified is beyond me, and why my parents agreed to do it he's even more strange. But wouldn't you know, Kirk Cameron himself delivered his sweetheart, fluffball Tibetan mastiff Rex to our house shortly.
Speaker 1: After, Like we fucked that guy, But back then, like, oh, she was the heart throb of heart throb.
Speaker 3: This is Timothy shallow May coming and dropping a basset hound off at your heart. I mean, it's just like, what are we talking about? Yeah, he was the biggest. And also Kirk Cameron is from a Hollywood family. His sister is also Like it was like they were famous. They were famous about being famous.
Speaker 2: Am It was just such a.
Speaker 3: Different It was Okay, my parents have a video of baby me sitting in his lap on my sister's bed, who, to her simultaneous relief and disappointment, had been.
Speaker 2: At her mom's that day. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine I should have told her and had her come home? Don't you saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really sucks. I mean I bet she would have stepmom. That's a stepmom's fault.
Speaker 2: It seems, yeah, start some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also, like I used to I think I admitted this to you before, I also had this pict where we had when we admit things to each other, we had to say welcome to Shamtown, and then we can do all segment called welcome to Shreamtown.
Speaker 2: Here's mine.
Speaker 3: I used to get ready just in case Scott bo was going to be like we were going to the beach. We were going to the beach in northern California.
Speaker 1: This isn't like when you were already in Hollywood and maybe he'd be at a.
Speaker 3: Party, couldn't be further away. We'd be like, well, we're going out to stint and be fucking Bo's there and I'd just be like trying so hard to curl my hair.
Speaker 1: Was he ever there?
Speaker 2: He was never once there.
Speaker 1: Guess who I have for her five hundred to minisode Karen.
Speaker 2: The Great Maga, Republican Scott.
Speaker 1: And Pert Cameron two for Maga.
Speaker 3: Listen we love the heart wants what it wants when you're twelve. Okay, So the video is of Kurt with the holding the baby, sitting on her bed and saying, Hey, Shannon, sorry I missed you. I get to hang out with your sister. She told me all about you. Hope we meet one day.
Speaker 2: End quote. She was mortified. I was charming.
Speaker 3: The VHS tape proves such as I wouldn't stop touching his face and grabbing.
Speaker 2: At those curls.
Speaker 3: From what I gathered later from my mom, we weren't told when he'd be back for Rex, but we assumed it was going to be for a few months. We didn't hear from this motherfucker for years.
Speaker 1: He fucking rocks his dog off, just like New Home Bye.
Speaker 3: I said what I said, Gal's all caps, four period, years period later, four years, We're just left to assume Rex is our dog. Now when all of a sudden we get a phone call that someone will come and pick up this sweet monster bear of a dog the next week.
Speaker 2: I was heartbroken.
Speaker 1: Unless you specifically say something a year tops, then it's their dog. No, maybe a year and a half.
Speaker 3: I would love for all of the film nerds to come and tell me what movie has shot that last four that you would, as a lead or second lead be shooting this movie for four year.
Speaker 1: You're going to abandon your dog and then get it back Star Wars made like also, you left it with children who now have grown.
Speaker 3: You held that baby that you then weaned onto the company of this dog.
Speaker 1: This is all.
Speaker 2: I was heartbroken.
Speaker 3: I rode that good boy like a horse every goddamn day of my dog.
Speaker 1: All the dogs like, thank fucking God.
Speaker 2: The dog's like see you.
Speaker 3: Our dog had died a few months earlier. Rex was my best friend, and now this asshole had the audacity to not even show up and take his dog himself, the dog he hadn't seen in years, but sent someone to take him away from me. And then in parentheses it says, I'm thirty two now, and obviously I haven't moved on full circle. It's twenty and five. I'm seventeen and sitting in church with some friends from youth group. Whose dumb fucking curly gray haired head.
Speaker 1: So angry?
Speaker 3: And who's dumb fucking curly, graying haired head do I suddenly realize I'm sitting directly behind the same guy who's become more famous in this group of friends for breaking my tiny toddler heart than he ever than he was or ever will be for growing. I look down the aisle, and every single one of my pals is staring at me, wide eyed and unexpectant, as if timid, shy high school choir nerd me is going to stand up in the Lord's House, surrounded by Grandma's in the spirit himself mid holy communion and splash that thimble sized plastic cup of wine in his face and scream fuck you, Kirk Cameron, which is honestly the biggest regret in my life. I love you both, stay sexy, and for fuck's sakes, don't give Kirk Cameron back his dog Amber.
Speaker 1: I want. I feel like my mom sometimes being a cunt, would have been like, fuck you, my daughter is attached to him. Now we haven't heard from you in four years. Yes, it's our dog now.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's pure reasonable because totally four years, Like, how do you not get an end date? And then how does that discrepancy? How does anyone believe that they had a four year window?
Speaker 1: I hope Kurt Cameron gave him a big, fat, fucking growing pains check for that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, really, because that's dog sitting for four years.
Speaker 3: Seriously, as a person that pays a dog sitter, that's expensive.
Speaker 1: All right. So the last one is Sassy Grandma's and cats. Thank you, Thank you, Karen. It's like you know me, Ladies Day one listener here. My grandma lived in Queens, New York, and when I was a little girl, I would spend parts of the summer with her, and sometimes long weekends. She would drag me all over the city and we'd see all the Broadway shows. In total. She's taken me to see twenty four musical lucky. I haven't even seen one. Is that true? I think so. Oh I saw cats when I was a little kid.
Speaker 3: Oh right, little that would have turned you off of it. They've gotten so much better.
Speaker 1: I came out in the audience. It was terrifying. I okay. For my fourteenth birthday, she took me to see cats. Hey. We sat in the mezzanine section, right at the edge where I could lean over and see the stage. No one told my grandma's what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah what?
Speaker 1: No one told my grandma that the actors would climb out into the audience and interact with them. That's fucking weird. Like a whole generation of children were traumatized. Yeah. So she was very surprised, as was I when one of the cats crawled into my lap and licked my face, all while purring and having me fully believe he was in fact a cat. That one came up to me too. Yeah, my grandma wouldn't have it and reached out and slapped this poor actor. It edged through the theater and yelled, get the hell off my granddaughter, and continuing to stay in character, this actor hissed at her, jumped off my lap and crawled back down to the stage for exactly four seconds, you could hear a pin drops a fucking professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit, someone slapped him.
Speaker 1: Across the faces. She then turned around, fluffed up her hair, and sat back in her seat to finish the show, holding my hand the whole time. She has taken me to see countless shows, but this is the only one where she physically assaulted one of the actors. It's a story that we've retold over and over again for many many years.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I take my own grandchildren to the theater with the promise that I will keep my hands on my lap and not try to hurt Anyboddy, my grandmother was a redheaded ball of fire. No one could touch her. In fact, there's one story where she was mugged and was able to fight him off with a stapler that she, for some reason kept in her purse. That's amazing because it's heavy. Hell yeah, her name was Fay and she was my bestest friend. Forever, stay sexy and don't ever let a full grown man dressed as a cat sit in your lap. Then runs Stacy in New Jersey. Stacy, I feel you, Let's have a group therapy session, because like I remember that too.
Speaker 3: Also how seventies eighties is it for them to be like, yeah, you guys, go find children in the audience to.
Speaker 1: Do ry and like, don't put a sign anywhere warning the littlest children who are scared of a lot of fucking things and don't really like fully comprehend. They're kind of like like they're on psychedelics basically all the time.
Speaker 2: Children of just like whoa, this is crazy, Like.
Speaker 1: Get a little warning.
Speaker 2: Don't lick them, don't like them.
Speaker 1: Lick them, don't lick don't like children.
Speaker 2: Don't make us say it, don't make Stacy say it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, this one is Sisters and winning contest Leur Money Machine. Okay, yay, kind of okay, kind so good Karen, Georgia, Stephen and furry friends.
Speaker 2: I am so glad.
Speaker 3: I listened to my friend Sarah and started to listen to this podcast and became a murder. You know, I've passed my love of you onto my friend Morgan, and it's great to have others to talk about you, ladies.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, keep it.
Speaker 3: I no longer listen to the radio, and I need to invest in a pair of wireless headphones so I can listen to you while I cook dinner. Do the dishes so that I don't have to constantly keep hitting pause when one of my three young boys walks into the kitchen. Yeah yeah, I'm glad you worked that out on paper, en he do it. One of the great joys of life for me is doing the dishes while I listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think I would do the dishes otherwise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that is what gets me to do you know, Yeah, hey, are you a hoarder? We recommend podcasts.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 3: So, even though I'm the oldest of four siblings, I was always picked on growing up because I was very gullible and easy target. During the fall of sophomore year in high school around two thousand and one, there was a contest going on that Tasty Cake was promoting if you found green icing in their crimpets, you want to meet and greet with one of the Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Eagles players at the.
Speaker 1: So specific some girls just link. I don't care.
Speaker 2: To preface this.
Speaker 3: I was not a huge football fan and I never enter contests because I never win. Well, you can't win if you don't play. So people don't know Tasty Cakes are East Coast.
Speaker 1: Hostess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, snack cakes, but they're a brand that if you're from California, you didn't grow up with them. Usually, so I usually don't have dessert after dinner, but one school night I had a taste for a tasty cake crippet. I go to open the freezer to grab one. It tasted way better when they were frozen. But my sister, who was sitting at the kitchen table, tells me there's one in the pantry. She said she went and opened it the day before and changed her mind. That's where you know the lie is. That's a fucking lie. So she just put it in a baggie and put it back in the closet. I didn't really care that it wasn't frozen, so I grabbed that one. You can tell I was the youngest of what was essentially, at the end of the day, five kids, because I had three teenager cousins next door and my.
Speaker 1: Older starter trust anything immediately.
Speaker 3: No, I'm already looking for how are they trying to summones nowhere? There's no world where my sister would have just nicely and kindly offered me.
Speaker 1: Something oh I did, and also a child not wanting to eat a tasty cake.
Speaker 3: Oh, I opened it and I changed my mind. You never have in your life. Why would you know? Okay, I was standing at the island in the middle of the kitchen enjoying my crimpet. A couple bites in, I noticed the icing inside is green. I start to freak out. My sister couldn't believe that I won. I immediately stopped eating the crumpet. I quickly start looking for a box to find the phone number or contest rules. But of course, when we put them in the freezer, my mom takes them out of the box.
Speaker 1: Classic.
Speaker 3: So I log on to the computer and find a customer service phone number and leave.
Speaker 2: Them a message.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, I'm planning on who I'm taking to this meet and greet and which one of my friends would enjoy the experience the most. The next day at school, I told my friend Tom, who was a huge Eagles fan, that I take him with me. Everyone is so excited that I want a contest like this. Think Charlie from.
Speaker 2: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory finding the Golden Ticket. We get it, you want a contest.
Speaker 3: I get home from school and my mom tells me the tasty Cake called and left me a message don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 3: I immediately call them back and explain to them, I save the crimpet, but I don't have the box, and that's the only way that I can prove that I won. The lady tells me that I didn't win. All the winning boxes have already been claimed, and she apologized for the confusion. I just didn't understand there was green icing inside my crppet.
Speaker 2: I hung up the phone.
Speaker 3: All I hear is laughter coming from my mom and sister in the kitchen. Through tears of laughter, they explained.
Speaker 1: To me them, even the mom.
Speaker 2: The mom, which is just like an of course you prank.
Speaker 1: To child, hahaha, hilarious, can't be.
Speaker 2: Satisfying, okay.
Speaker 3: Through tears of laughter, they explained to me that my sister used a straw, sucked out the white icing and blue fucking green icing.
Speaker 1: That she sucked it out, put it into a dish mixed in green food colorings.
Speaker 2: And her slide back in got a cold. Oh gross, and then it for inheseason. It says q vomiting.
Speaker 1: I feel like the joke's on them, because that's fucking disgusting.
Speaker 2: They're gross.
Speaker 1: They went too. They went too far.
Speaker 2: They really did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: She then wrapped it back up, put it in the pantry, hoping I would eat them, but no see.
Speaker 1: And also you should have put it back in the original packaging, put a little glue on there, just to seem.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, grab a curling iron, I straightener z daren listen. I'm not saying I'm not a devious motherfucker, but it's so good it worked anyway. I'm not sure if I was more disturbed as to what she did or that I actually ate it. Either way, I didn't win. Into this day, I will never believe I want anything, especially a lottery ticket for fifty five thousand dollars. And then in parentheses it says different story for a different day.
Speaker 1: Send us your lottery stories, send us your tricking children stories, or being tricked as a child by an.
Speaker 3: Adult, or catching an adult trying to trick you and then outsmarting them.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: My favorite word of email could be fun. Wait here's the sign off.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyways, thanks for reading this, and remember stay sexy and don't eat food that's not in its original packaging.
Speaker 2: Very true, and that is from jen A.
Speaker 3: We can only assume it's Jennifer Anniston writing into the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jennifer, it means the world.
Speaker 1: Does this make you hungry for a tasty cake? Yes? Well guess what did you?
Speaker 3: Suck out the frosting and open? I'm sorry, can't eat this. Jen told me I can't.
Speaker 1: Cut one in half. And I'll eat one and trust me and we'll see who wong here? You want to fork?
Speaker 2: Yes, my snack cake.
Speaker 1: This is our five hundredth anniversary cake. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much. Oh cheers, tears.
Speaker 3: My aunt Jeane used to bring these back from New Jersey when she visit her family.
Speaker 1: I've never had one that's fucking good. Crumpits, Oh yeah, I want raspberry? Do you have inside of it?
Speaker 2: The cake is so cakey good.
Speaker 1: It's not super sweet. That's good.
Speaker 2: It seems like a real little cake.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, happy East Coast kids were so lucky.
Speaker 3: Let's not talk about mouthful well happy, well, happy tasty cake, all right?
Speaker 1: Happy five hundredth.
Speaker 2: Hey, great job these past five hundred mini.
Speaker 1: So that's right, five hundred more and I'll get you a hostess. Also, I think that what was her name? Jen? Jennifer jen a if we could get the what was the sports team, the Eagles? We get the Eagles, Like, give her that prize or tasty Cake to like fulfill it, to get back at her siblings and her mood, Like how fucking great would that be? Gener all of us.
Speaker 3: It's called prank reversal. Yep, this is a new segment on the show Tasty Cake. We would love to talk to anybody whoever's manning the one eight hundred hotline. Got to be a murdering now, please, somebody in this in corporate, let's make it happen. We've got to turn it right for Jennifer Aniston. She's had a hard time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll meet her. If the football player or whatever team it is, whatever sport it is, doesn't want to meet her, will do it. I'll meet her.
Speaker 3: We're just like making here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna get some of the most famous people on the planet.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for listening to five hundred episodes of these been if it's your first one.
Speaker 3: And truly we want to thank every single person who's written in, even if we never used your email, even if you've written in twenty times and we've never picked yours. Yeah, the idea that we get to feature your guys stories and your guys' families and your experiences, and then Nick Terry turns around and does animations of them.
Speaker 2: It's just such a joy.
Speaker 1: It is the fact that we've been able to do five hundred and can do five hundred more is such a testament to the people listening yes, and us getting to read them their stories back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for playing this game with us. It's been very fun. It has stay sexy and don't get murdered.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, Elvis, Do you want to cookie?
Speaker 2: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Our managing producer is Molly Smith.
Speaker 2: Our consulting producer is Kate Shellenbach.
Speaker 1: Our creative lead is Alison Agousti.
Speaker 3: Our associate producer is Tessa Hughes, and our editor is Aristotle Acevedo.
Speaker 1: This episode was mixed by Leona s. Gualacci.
Speaker 3: Email your hometowns to My Favorite Murder at gmail dot com and follow the show on Instagram at my Favorite Murder.
Speaker 1: Listen to My Favorite Murder on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Or watch new episodes every week on Netflix Search for my favorite murder, add us to your list, and the double thumbs up button.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, MH.