Speaker 1: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Bucco Territory, presented to you by the Foul Territory Network.
Speaker 1: Noah Hiles. Joining me as always are my co host.
Speaker 2: Josh Harrison and Platinum Key aka Market's a mail bag Wednesday. Rather than answering some questions, Uh, where are you guys there?
Speaker 1: I was scared. I thought I thought I was deserted.
Speaker 2: Rather than answering some questions on this mail bag Wednesday, we asked you guys for some potential trade ideas. Truth be told, they got a little out of.
Speaker 1: Whack, so we're just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It turns out being a GM is hard.
Speaker 2: And I will just say this, it's very difficult to propose a two way trade unless you really know what that organization is looking for. And I mean it's easy to do like a big, small trade, right Like, if I were to be like, all right, say the Pirates and the Red Sox want to make a trade, I can go on Savant or Baseball Reference or fan Grafts and see what the major league team in Boston needs. But we don't know what they're looking to add depth wise at the low levels of their minor league system. We don't know how they feel about some of the guys they're going to be drafting. Yeah, right, Yeah, so it's it's very difficult to just suggest.
Speaker 1: And you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean most fans like you, you know, minor leaguers in this system who people like me right about right, you know, people in the top thirty, you know, people.
Speaker 1: Who were drafted recently.
Speaker 2: That's it, Like you don't necessarily know some of the guys who will probably be dealt. And so rather than doing that, and we're not trying to talk down on anyone, it's just more just kind of got a little athodic and maybe too convoluted. So rather than doing that, we're each going to bring two potential trade targets to the table. And that actually might just be what we do every mail bag Wednesday from here until the trade deadline. I think maybe we can switch it up here and then, but like I feel like this is what people want to hear. So we're yeah, we're each gonn in two personal targets that we have so six every show, and these are just people to keep an eye on and we'll try to speculate, you know, what they might cost, not specifically with players in mind.
Speaker 1: And then also how we think they could benefit the team.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna we're gonna start off with Mark, Mark giving us his first two, and then we will go from there. So, Mark, without further ado, your first Pirates trade target. Who are you looking at?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm gonna start with an obvious one here, a role as Chapman. Old friend. Pirates traded him to the Rangers in twenty twenty three. He's been dealt a couple times at the deadline in the past, both in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty three, and he went to two World Series winners. So he's thirty eight. The fastball velocity is finally starting to show a little dip. It's only averaging I think like ninety eight point seven right now or something around there. So it's not exactly like the same velo that he had when he was with the Pirates. But the results this year have been pretty good. Barring his last couple outings, he had an ERA below one for most of this year. I think it's up to two point oh two now. But that's we know what you're getting with a rolled as Chatman, and that you can put him in the back of this bullpen and feel a lot more confident. He obviously has had issues in the past with command. Since he's joined the Red Sox, he's looked a lot better at with his command and you've seen the results follow So he's had some a couple dominant seasons and I think that that would be a perfect piece where the Pirates know what they're getting. He's comfortable, he knows the city, he knows the stadium. I think the fan base would love to see him welcome back with open arms. As far as cost goes, he is thirty eight. He has a thirteen point seven million dollar contract this year, with a thirteen million mutual option next year. It seems like most sources expect him to decline that and go to free agency again. So this is probably a rental, but again that's a maybe rental. So yeah, the cost is, I don't know how much you want to give up. It's going to be a really competitive market for him, everyone for him. Yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of teams calling the Red Sox saying we'll offer you this, and then I think the Red Sox would be like, well, we have better offers. So I think the Pirates would really have to pay up compared to what they could probably get other relief options for, especially with that veteran presence. But you can't beat the playoff result. So if you're in a playoff race, I think a role is Chatman makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 2: My only thing against it is the fact that he's a left team and I know that Chapman is a guy that you don't have to just pitch against left handers. But it's like, if I'm gonna pay what I'm gonna pay to get an a roll to Chapman, because one that's the guy who doesn't get traded until the final three days of the den, Like you hang on to him and you drive that stock all the way up until you can get somebody. And he's probably the highest profile or reliever that will be traded this deadline. I don't know if he's the best reliever that will get traded in the deadline, but he's definitely the most known, especially in this town because he played here and everything and played against the Pirates for so long.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's the left handed thing for me.
Speaker 2: It's his salaries is high, and I don't know how much money the Pirates can take on the books, but I mean overall, yeah, like, does an eroldist Chapman make this bullpen better?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? But can you find another guy who can provide similar impact, maybe more in different ways, for a lesser price tag. I think you can. So. I don't hate it.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't love it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I think it's great. But I wouldn't I wouldn't sell the farm. I wouldn't probably go as far as other teams would for roast Chapman deadline, Josh.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't disagree with either take.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Noah, as you said, price tag may be a little too high for what you know you may really want to consider. But Mark, on the other flip side, talk the familiarity. Guys love going back to places that they may have played, and then the other thing of you know, just what this season is kind of transpired.
Speaker 4: With the energy around it.
Speaker 5: You know, if you were to get a Chapman, that would be telling you that obviously there are a lot more serious than some people may take them or you know, believe them to be at this time. But at the same time, the hefty price tag, especially given what they've already.
Speaker 4: Spent at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 5: I just you know, with it being one year, it's kind of gonna be hard to be giving up a lot of what you know they may be asking for. But it would definitely solve some problems in the back end of that bullpen. But also the other thing, another lefty that was kind of my thing, which you know, you know it is it wouldn't be bad to have him in Soto at the back end of the bullpen. But at the same time, like you know, I was thinking the same thing is you know, I think the right handed side of the bullpen really needs some help.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I will say this real quick.
Speaker 2: If you have an all right handed starting rotation and then right handed long relievers, like theoretically you could like you take like a Jones Majinsky piggyback game. If those guys can cover you seven, then you have Soto and Chapman.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good right there.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, I would like I would like a high leverage right hander that I could depend on if possible. Yeah, you know, if you don't have one of those right now? Yeah, So all right, Mark, who's your second guy?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going to go with another name that's been linked to the Pirates, because I want to hear your guys' thoughts on this. Ryan Jeffers a catcher currently for the Twins, right handed bet. He's thirty two years or sorry, twenty nine years old, playing really well. He's got a nine nine ops this year. Just crazy offensive production at the plate. Not exactly known for his defense. He's not really going to be throwing guys out on the base. Pass a lot. His blocks above average, are pretty average, decent at framing. I mean, it's not anything that you're like, this is concerning. He can't stay behind the plate, so he's absolutely serviceable behind the plate. Provides a righty bet who can get on base, provide a little bit of power. I think he makes a ton of sense. Not going to be too expensive. He's got one year, this is his final year of his contract. Seven million dollars, So affordable. Is it seven million dollars remaining? And yeah, double check that, but.
Speaker 1: No, it'll probably just be seven million. They don't show what's remaining, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I think he is affordable both for the Pirates like payroll in as far as what they could pay to get him. He doesn't exactly have the name recognition of some of other catchers that might be on the market. So yeah, I think Ryan Jeffers would make a ton of sense for the Pittsburgh Pirates, improving what we were just saying in our episode on Monday that no one mentioned. If you're the Pirates and you're managing this team, I think catcher is a major, major need to get a starting catcher, and Ryan Jeffers could absolutely be your starting catcher for this team.
Speaker 4: I don't dislike it from a standpoint.
Speaker 5: I think obviously we've talked about the catcher you know situation, you know, surrounding the Pirates. Obviously Joey just got traded, Henry hasn't really hit, and obviously Indies up. But catcher is a position that you're going to be looking to upgrade, especially if you're, you know, trying to make a push. And that's no not to Indy, that's no not to you know, Henry and you know the other guys are there, but you know, you want to be able to somewhat solidify the catcher spot and somebody that's gonna give you a little bit offensive production, because honestly, what they have has not really been anything, and if you've really been serious, I think it's too much to put on Indy, you know, to really take that over. And at the same time, Ryan's been around a little bit, so I don't disagree with especially knowing that you know, probably the catcher, you know, trademarket is probably gonna be one of the toughest ones to probably find, you know, so that that's not a name that I'm opposed to, because you know, he can provide, you know, hopefully a little bit more offense than what they've been getting.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's hard do though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm my only reservation on it would just be like if you're gonna if that's the move you're gonna make, make it now, because the later, the later you wait to bring in a catcher like this guy's got to learn how to catch every pitcher on the team because you're not bringing in Ryan Jeffers to be Andy Rodriguez's backup, or at least you shouldn't be right. So and this isn't necessarily a team where I think it would make sense for him to be dhing while he gets familiar. Like if you're bringing him in, you're bringing him in to play catcher. And I'm fine with there being a little bit of a grace period where it's like, all right, like, let the guys who are familiar with Paul and Bubba or whoever else you know, start them off basically assign him one or two guys, and it's just like, hey, you get to know Mitch Keller and Braxton Ashcraft.
Speaker 1: Those are your two starts for now.
Speaker 2: But the earlier you bring him in, the earlier, the more time he gets to familiar himself with this whole staff. And you know, when you get to September and if you're still in the Pennant hunt, you can play him with Paul schemes, you can play him with the other guys. So that would be my thing, and I think that that applies to any catcher one that you're going out there and getting. If you're getting catcher depth just because you think Henry Davis is unplayable, then I think it's maybe you can wait a little bit longer. But again, you don't see a lot of starting catchers traded mid season, and that's why, because it's just very very very difficult to learn a whole new staff mid season.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, all right, we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back more trade talk.
Speaker 2: Josh is gonna give us his two targets here on Bucko Territory.
Speaker 4: Crats.
Speaker 6: Mint Mobile plans still just fifteen bucks a month, and.
Speaker 4: You're getting a ton from that fifteen dollars.
Speaker 6: That's right, And we've talked about this for a while. It hasn't changed. It's still all there for you. I'm talking about unlimited talk, text and data, fast, reliable coverage on the nation's largest five G network, oh and an award winning care team. Mint Mobile has it all for fifteen bucks a month. You can even bring your current phone and your number. Choose from three, six or twelve month plans. Say goodbye to a monthly bill. Ditch overpriced wireless with mint Mobile. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless bill to fifteen bucks a month. At mintmobile dot com slash Territory, forty five dollars upfront payment required equivalent to fifteen bucks a month. New customers on first three month plan only. Speed slower above forty gigabytes on unlimited plan. Additional taxes, fees, and restrictions apply. See mintmobile for details.
Speaker 1: All right, Jay, Hey, what do you got for us?
Speaker 4: All Right, Jay's on the clock like I'm doing a draft pick.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, but seriously, obviously two picks of mine. First things for I'm gonna start with the area that I think we've all agreed that needs help is relief pitching. And named that I'm gonna throw out there is a name that some people may know, some may not actually play with him in Washington, Kyle Finnegan.
Speaker 4: A little bit of a late bloomer. Found out about Kyle in the.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty season in COVID faced him in some live vps and played behind him watching him, and then saw that he signed a two year deal I believe a two year deal just recently with the Tigers, so price tag got it. I mean, obviously they'd have to work something out with that because I think it was a two year nineteen guaranteed with a.
Speaker 4: Mutual option I believe for twenty eight.
Speaker 5: But if you look at his numbers for this year, I think he's thrown in like thirty something games as like a e RI a somewhere around two. And he's a guy that doesn't really get too much talked about. Obviously, you know, Detroit, you got some star power. You know, you got scoop of there. Kenley Jansen is a name who is obviously on his way up the you know all time saves leader lists. And here's Kyle who I played with. Just know, he's always been like a steady arm even when he.
Speaker 4: Was with Washington. I think his last year, I think he might have been a closer.
Speaker 5: And I think that's kind of you know, when people kind of Okay, this guy's you know, kind of you know, kind of flown.
Speaker 4: Under the radar.
Speaker 5: And obviously he just signed a contract, so maybe a little harder, but you know, relief pictures for the rights, for the right price and for a struggling bullpen. This is a guy that you could have for you know, for a year, possibly two.
Speaker 1: He's interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, are you looking at his stack cast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Basketball split, Yeah, it's a fastball that rides.
Speaker 5: I faced him in Live VP and I remember taking one like I thought that was gonna be at the bottom of his zone and it was at my knees. You know, So like he's got a fastball that rides he plays the split off of it.
Speaker 1: Looks like it's a lot to contact a ton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's fifth percentile k rate and second percent title walk rate. Yeah, so his k rate's fourteen point six and his walk rate's fifteen point nine. So yeah, he's not striking anyone out. But two point oh two you are a tells you a lot.
Speaker 2: And I would say, I mean they're they like guys with good extension, and seems like he gets good extension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: I mean, depending on the price tag, especially if it comes with a little extra control, yeah, I don't mind that addition. I will say he kind of strikes me as a buyer beware. I mean has expected era's four point five to two, expecting bad expected batting averages two thirty eight.
Speaker 1: So it might might seem like he's kind of getting a little lucky right now. But I mean, hey, that's part of baseball too. So uh. The walks concerned me a little bit though, just with that, just because it's like we've got enough yet already here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, they have some Like I think you need someone who is just betting the game a little bit and Kyle Finnigan has been in the game a little bit, so Yeah, I don't know, I don't I don't hate that at all, Josh. I mean, he's a former All Star, he's pitched in playoff baseball. Yeah, I'm all for it if the price is right, Mark anything, Dad.
Speaker 3: No, I think you guys covered that perfectly. I'm I can't wait to hear Josh's next pick here.
Speaker 5: All right, Hey, I got you all to prove my first pick might be on something. All right, second pick is gonna be another area of need similar to marks in a slim market catcher. Now, this one's gonna have a little halftier price tag with Adlie Rutchman from Baltimore, which one of the reasons I said is catching is a position right now that is kind of up in the air. There's an uncertainty about it. And Adlee is a switch hitter who linkedins the lineup, who can also DH. But also it takes pressure off of you know, having to rely on it and you know, Indy or Henry. But as I said, I also understand that it is you know, a little half your price tag. But No made the comments of you know, some execs saying if they were the Pirates next next year, the first thing they'd be doing is trying to lock down a catcher with the uncertainty of what may be happening in the off season. This was something that I just kind of said, maybe this is something that they try to get creative, just to say, maybe we don't want to go in the free agency trying to figure out what we're gonna do with a catcher. So obviously catching is not that many to choose from. It was just a name that kind of intrigued me that I said, obviously a little far fetched, but you know, with the looming CBA, with you know, the uncertainty of it, that's something that I could see happen. I wouldn't say could see happening, but he's a guy that I would put on my list because you know, switch it and catcher that can you know, give you some link that can you know handle staff, that's been an All Star.
Speaker 4: That's something that it's kind of hard to pass up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I believe it was the guy I wanted them to go after this offseason. The only thing that's tough is like what you mentioned, Josh, It's like a guy would yeah, it's it's his last year of art. But it's like, all right, well, if we knew there was gonna be baseball next year, this is a no brainer.
Speaker 1: And I'd be willing to give up.
Speaker 2: A little something for him, probably something within my top ten honestly, Uh, because if he plays well and likes it here, like maybe just keep him, right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like if you if you.
Speaker 2: Give up a good prospect to get him, which is going to be required, and there's no baseball next year, and you just kind of.
Speaker 1: Lose it, that that would suck.
Speaker 2: And also it's it's the mid Like we said already, it's the mid season catcher trade. And I mean if you're trading Adley Rushman for Adley Rushman, Adley Rushman's a guy who you're not only playing at catcher, you're dhing him on his off days probably so and he's a guy that I wouldn't be upset to see that with.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I I I like it.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, yeah, it's take some balls to go get him, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean another former first overall pick I catch it for the Pirates, right, get two of those. Can't really complain there, But Adley is really taking a step forward. If you haven't kept up with him this year, his past two seasons, his OPS was hovering like right round seven hundred. That was below seven hundred in twenty twenty five, and now he's up to seven to eighty seven OPS this year with just fantastic defense behind the plate ninety eighth percentile value fielding run value on stat Cast. And you probably are sitting there like, well, why would the Orioles want to give up this former first overall pick who plays great defense and then near eight hundred ops. It's because they have a guy who's just as talented, if not more so, at who's playing boy right, Yeah, yeah, Samuel Lousio. Yeah, And so there is incentive there for Baltimore to move on from Adley. I think that cost will be pretty high. I don't think they're just going to be giving him away a special with the year he's having. I think this offseason probably was, like Noah was saying, it was the best chance to go out and get him if you were and so, you know, maybe the Pirates looked at this offseason said no, maybe it's still the same assessment. But I think he would just really really help this team at a major position in need.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to take another break. When we come back, I'll give out my trade targets here. I'm Bucko Territory.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issue does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com Gambling problem caller tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: All right, my targets this guy.
Speaker 2: I think if I could pick one player to add to the Pirates right now, it would be Antonio Sensitella, the reliever for the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 3: Long long relief too kind of right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but give me him, give me him in whatever role. I don't care. He's having a great year. I mean, he's he's gonna cost you a little bit. I believe there is a mutual option on his final year or or no, yeah, a club option of fourteen million next, okay, but I mean and.
Speaker 1: Which is which is a pretty penny.
Speaker 3: But like, that's a lot of value for that price, that's.
Speaker 1: A lot of value. I mean, you look at what this guy's doing right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's looking really good in this role of which they're using him. He's seven to oh with a two twenty three earned around average, forty innings forty and a third innings pitch, thirty three strikeouts.
Speaker 3: Uh course, to right pitch of the gas.
Speaker 2: He's pitched a twenty two inning or twenty two games doing that at cores Like you guys mentioned, I mean the fastball Vlo's there, he's missing barrels, He's in the sixty fifth percentile of ground ball rate. He's he's not walking guys, which I like, I mean eight point two for rade.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, and again like this is kind of what everyone wants Carmen Jinski to be and Carmen can still do.
Speaker 1: That, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like having a fireman, like you pair him and Carmen together, it's just like all right, yeah, they're both gonna they're gonna bridge it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also just the thing with the Rockies is like they are D T D. They are down to trade always, like it's it's just like that. Yeah, it's it's like, I know what your intentions are.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're open, you're looking.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, do you not act like you're looking to hold on to anyone on this roster.
Speaker 1: Colorado, because I know how you guys are. Ye.
Speaker 2: Now that you got that moneyball guy running the show and they love making trades, so you could pair him, you could package him with like a Willie Castro.
Speaker 1: Who also has another year.
Speaker 2: I like that, and you know, you get two guys with multiple years of control, and you fix a lot of the problems on this team just by one deal. And the Rockies, man, like I said, like throw every piece of logic out the window when you're doing business with them.
Speaker 1: They can make a trade tomorrow, like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So I mean, Senstela, I think is gonna have a high, high price tag and they might want to hang on to him. But like that's a guy I would I would. I mean I wouldn't give up like a top five for them, but like I would give up, I would give up a decent amount.
Speaker 3: Of especially if it's Castro and Senstela.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like or I mean, and there's it's not just Castro, but like I look at Willie Castro because he also has another year of remaining control. He's a guy that you could play literally anywhere on the fields. And yeah, it's like a better offensive version of switch hitting, better hitting Jared Triolo exactly. So yeah, but you could get if you want to add more offense defense, Like there's everyone on the Rockies is up for grabs, so if you're trading for yeah, you can also add something on.
Speaker 1: So guys, your.
Speaker 3: Thoughts, I absolutely love it. Yeah, it makes so much sense. And yeah, Josh, what were you going to say?
Speaker 5: No, just the what you provided, uh kind of that swing man any role, because obviously we know the bullpen needs up, but also starting pitching needs up, just from a standpoint of you know, Magensky got you know, put in the bullpen, Jared Jones still making his way back like they're still and as you mentioned, he can cover a lot of holes. And if you mentioned if that he was coming over there and Magensky was there too, you got two guys that can put out some fires in a lot of different ways and that you know can can definitely help the team. But pitching in Colorado's not easy, especially you know, one you're talking the conditions of the team, like the stadium, but then you talk in a place that really hasn't won.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm I'm I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 5: And even the package deal, I think one of y'all had mentioned Willie Castro as or myself one of us had mentioned in this off season as a possible target.
Speaker 4: But that sense of Tella.
Speaker 5: Definitely makes it's in a lot of different places, just because he can cover you in a lot of areas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially with a young rotation that is approaching innings limits as we've talked previously with like Ashcraft and Bubby, you might want to lessen them a little bit towards the end of the year. I think sense of Tela is that perfect flex piece that you can say, all right, we need three innings from you today, or we need one inning from you today, or what have you?
Speaker 2: So, all right, my second one is going to be a choose your own journey. I'll ask you to do you want the ambitious big swing or do you want a realistic one that I could see, not based off of anything that I'm hearing, but just like this is a reasonable guy that most baseball fans probably aren't aware of but could make.
Speaker 1: The team better.
Speaker 3: Well, I want the I want the big swing. This is a a podcast. It's going to get the clicks, but I do want to hear both. I just want to hear the big swing first.
Speaker 4: I think I was gonna say, Mark, Mark.
Speaker 1: I tell you, yeah, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: If I'm going to trade for anyone, like trade a real prospect for someone, I'm trading for Jose Soriano, right hander starter for the Angels. Yeah, he's worth two point four v war right now. He's eight and four with a three h three era. He's got two more years of control after this one. That's the type of move they should be making. If they're going to do that, then you basically sit down the rest of the rotation and say, here's the deal. We're really going for this. Paul is going to be in this rotation. The rest of you prove it either some of you haven't been good enough, other parts of you have been injured. I don't want to hear any more of this belly aching about not wanting to go to the bullpen or whatever. We just brought in Jose Soriano. He is going to be the number two behind Paul moving forward. The rest of you can he either follow in the three to five spots or you can move to the bullpen and help us win that way.
Speaker 1: But we're all in. That's how I would go about it. I don't see that happen.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Soriano also walks a lot of batters, which I don't love. Man, there's so much to like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's already I mean, he threw one hundred and sixty nine innings last year. He's already up to ninety two this year. I mean, he's in he's entering his prime. He's like twenty seven years old. The Angels are stupid. They would love to trade him just because they do that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad, not bad.
Speaker 5: I was just like, if you slatting him at two, somebody's being pushed to the pin, which is gonna help you pan. So like yeah, yeah, yeah, I get where you're going. Starting pitching does create another relief picture because somebody.
Speaker 2: Fade like they're going to have to add to this rotation moving forward anyway.
Speaker 1: And that's the type of move if.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make a big move, if you're going to trade a big prospect this season, it needs to be a guy that has more than just not just one more year of control, because we don't know if we're to have baseball next year, so I think it's got to be someone who's gonna be here in twenty twenty eight. And I mean like doomsday scenario, which I know we don't need to open.
Speaker 1: This can of worms, but say they deal Paul.
Speaker 2: Not this year, obviously, but like, let's say they deal Paul before the twenty twenty eight season starts.
Speaker 1: Like the baseball structure doesn't go to plan.
Speaker 2: I mean, you feel better with Seth Hernandez coming up and a guy like Soriano here too. I don't know, I just I love if you're gonna go all in on a player that has multiple years of control, I would rather be an infielder or a starting pitcher. And that's that's where I saw Soriano and became pretty attracted to that idea.
Speaker 1: And then real quick the.
Speaker 2: Other one, I'll throw out the guy, the realistic one, like this is a trade I would love to see them actually make and I think is realistic.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite name in baseball. Lake Baker.
Speaker 2: He's a middle inning reliever for the Mymi Marlins.
Speaker 1: Just as solid as they come.
Speaker 2: He has got a three to oho two earned run average right hander forty forty one and two thirds innings. He's got forty six strikeouts in a zero point nine to eight whip. His expected e r A is three one two, which is in the eighty first percentile. His expected batting average against is one ninety five, which is ninety second percentile. He's got a ninety second percent tile whift rate an eighty four percent tile uh strikeout rate. He walks nine and a half percent, so it's a little high, but nothing too bad. The barrel rates average. He doesn't get a lot of extension. He's a fly ball pitcher, which I think is fine for PNC part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 3: Soccer, yep, yeah, familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went to Wisconsin Whitewater no way, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he is a guy. Yeah, shout out sack, Yeah get white Water.
Speaker 1: Well but.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean last year you look at his body work. He pitched in fifty three games. Last year he went eight and two. He had a three nine to three yearn gred ravage and that was like his first real year in the major leagues. Seventy five strikeouts over seventy one innings, one point two er whip.
Speaker 1: Is this guy a household name? Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: You know, let's say five hundred people watch this episode or listening to this episode.
Speaker 1: Four hundred and nine of them have probably never heard like name, and I think.
Speaker 3: The other yeah yeah, yeah, so uh but.
Speaker 2: I mean he throws five pitches. He's a primary fastball, slider guy. But he's got the curveball that can work. He's got I think he is that curveball or is that a cutter? Let me look, Yeah, curveball that can work, and he's got a sweeper, like, I don't know, there's a lot to him. He's got long hair, he's got a cool name. He's a D three guy, get me.
Speaker 1: And I know the Marlins. I mean, the Marlins are in the race right now, but they're not gonna no right now, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they would, Like Fairbanks is going to be a guy that they if they are competitive, they would probably want to hang on to just because he's really real wid Yeah, but I mean this is this is probably Lake Barker is probably like their seventh or eighth inning guy.
Speaker 1: The Pirates need one of those. Yeah, I mean, what are you going to give up for Lake Baker?
Speaker 3: And you know, Miami has such a depth, like they have so many good relief pictures right now, they have the fourth best era for relief pictures in MLB. So this is a position of strength where they can give up a guy like this because they have so many other options already.
Speaker 1: So yeah, ooh yeah, So he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Hit arbitration until twenty twenty eight, so I like, you're getting a guy.
Speaker 1: With a lot of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what he ends up being, but like it just seems like this is a.
Speaker 1: Very low risk, low high reward type of acquisition. I don't know. I'll give up. I'll give up one of my double A bats.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, would you think like like a low like second half of the top thirty, Like yeah, like.
Speaker 2: You could even frame it like I would maybe even trade like a major league piece like I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, like as Relling Valet or as Marilyn Valdez type.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know, like someone like that. Sure, I wouldn't be opposed to.
Speaker 3: It, right, I mean that level amount of control, and if he's proven he can stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like those metrics that I just read off for him, those are yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if he'll be your closer, but if you could.
Speaker 2: Get you know your mouth, Yeah, just go get someone who.
Speaker 5: Wasn't wasn't putting nobody on to sound like his women's less than a runner.
Speaker 2: So the Lake Boker if it happens you heard it here from, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I will take the most and nause eating hired.
Speaker 3: You'll be watching this. I know his Twitter right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I'll be I'll be calling everyone I know in that front office.
Speaker 3: Been like I deserve you guys got this from me. It's just so you get.
Speaker 1: And I want to be abundantly clear.
Speaker 2: I have not talked to anyone in any baseball organization ever about Lake Boker. I have never had one conversation. I just watched him against the Pirates last year on Opening Day and I said that name rules, and I look into him and I can't get him out of my mind. He's just my favorite player that no one else talks about in baseball.
Speaker 1: Go get Lake Balker.
Speaker 2: Forget Jose Soriano, forget sends a talent or Willie Castro or Jeffers.
Speaker 1: This is the Lake Balker episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, perfect, And yeah we need Lake Baker and Pittsburgh. We also need you to hit that subscribe button if you haven't already.
Speaker 1: We're on a mission of three thousand subs. Lake Balker told me personally he will request.
Speaker 2: A trade to the Pirates if we get up to three thousand subs by the weekend.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if that's gonna incentivize anyone to do anything, but hope.
Speaker 3: Let's hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And whenever Lake Bomper does arrive to Pittsburgh, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna get him a whole bunch of Bucko Territory merch. We're gonna send him the Bucko Territory team store. We're gonna point out Andrew mccutchon on the jumbo tron. We're gonna say, you could have a legacy like this, you could have you know, people wearing number twenty. We'll give him number twenty two if he comes here. Probably not actually, but I'm just rolling now.
Speaker 4: Over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he could have a bucket half of when he going to Lake no PUNTI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go there, Yeah, Josh, any final thoughts.
Speaker 5: Mark, you handled us, Yeah, describe button, get us closer to three thousand. If we get us closer and get us to three thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this was fun. I'm looking forward to some more trade targets next Wednesday, and you know, maybe a comment below and if you see any of our posts, give us a good trade target that you want to hear us talker, leave a comment below on the video as well. So, yeah, thanks for watching, guys.
Speaker 2: Yes absolutely for Platinum Key aka Mark and Josh Harrison. I'm the Ohio signing off saying Lake Balker, please come to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning, and we'll see you next week.