Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three hundred, episode two of Guys. This is still a production by Heart Radio. This is the podcast where we take a deep avenue rears, share consciousness. And it's Wednesday, August sixteenth, twenty twenty three. There's only been one thing on my mind. Well, I mean obviously Meek Milby.
Speaker 2: I mean you might just get it. Yeah, there's that, but also National Airborne Day, National Run Day, National tele Joke Day, National roller Coaster Day, roller coasters. It's you know, it's like that, you know that feeling you get in like your crotch when you drop.
Speaker 1: That you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Like, is there like a scientific term for that, like will your will you get like your tingling down butterflies in your in your in your scroll in your scrot them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, butterflies.
Speaker 2: I just remember always like that's like always such a weird, unsettling sensation. But then when you get passionate, Okay, did I feel like my cross state's gonna shoot out of my butter.
Speaker 1: When I first like went on a ride with my son, he was like, it feels so weird and my ball like break down here, like really loud, I was like uh huh, yeah, no, that's right.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Earth. Welcome to Earth.
Speaker 1: Now you're alive. Yeah, now your eyes are truly open. My name's Jack O'Brien aka Pilot came in and they caught him red handed, floating in the air like so picture of this. They were both tick tax shaped flying near the valley floor. How could they forget that we had one of their technology? All this time we were observing them, we were learning about UAPs.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: But they saw him in the airspace UAP saw him flying on the radar UAPs. So I somehow have their biologics UAPs. That is courtesy And Johnny Davis shout out to you, keeping the up conversation alive, you know, you know, I like to just get a little uyps in there. I'm thrilled to be joined as always, buying my co host.
Speaker 2: Mister Miles Gres Miles Gray a kay, just the Lord of Lancersham just tacking in the indictment news just like everybody else and wondering will this be the one Trump indicted quadruple LP world excited?
Speaker 1: We don't know, Yeah, I'm excited. This one feels different for me for some reason. Definitely different, but yeah, well yeah, it's a little different when there's the promise of a mug shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but will be the most overused photo for the next three years probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be a black light poster and racists dorm rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh hell yeah. Bob Marley the Trump mugshot, you got it. But the thing with mugshot, like those mugshots that go immortal, like they are always of the people looking young and good, and I don't know how the fuck he's gonna pull that off, like young Sinatra.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah Sinatra, ye chay, like you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Not just stressed out nearly octagen are.
Speaker 1: Stressed out guy who's like worried about his hair. Anyways, Miles, Yes, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorites, a very funny comedian, writer actor who you've seen on seth Meyers Cordon crashing his new special Don't You Know Who I Am? Drops on his YouTube page tomorrow, Yes, nine pm Eastern. You can go there to watch it with him. Can just hang out, enjoy, enjoy the hang enjoy the special. The audio version, with twenty minutes of bonus content, is available three hours later. Dropping dropping at midnight on the nineteenth, Please welcome the hilarious, the talented Kenny Defa.
Speaker 3: It's aka Uncle Rico aka Rico de Guayo, a big cold glass of Topo Rico. You know what I'm saying. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's spicy, it's the spicy water.
Speaker 2: Uncle Rico. It's fantastic. Man. I could throw the football clear over the mountains.
Speaker 1: And that is a lie that Trump would tell you.
Speaker 2: Throw this football deer over the mountains, not as he could he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why it's such a tragedy that it didn't become the starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Many people, a lot of people have seen it. Folks. Ask everybody New Mexico. They've seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Man, great to have you on. Yeah, this Rico Special, Kenny. How you doing, man, I'm doing great, buddy.
Speaker 3: I agree, this one does feel different. I'm actually letting myself get excited about the fact that something might actually happen to this man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a and there's like a lot of people fucking roped into this too. So you like, are they I mean, are they really on that Omerica? Shit? Is it going to be? You know? Is it? No comment up in the station or are they going to be loose lipping it to try and save themselves. That's there's so many possibilities.
Speaker 1: He was already having trouble hiring lawyers, and now all his lawyers are getting indicted.
Speaker 2: So yeah, not a good look. Well yeah, no, Lindsay right, no, Lindsay no, Lindsey sadly, but hey, you know you got Rudy Eastman, Jenna Ellis, like that one woman who had like really made a fool of herself in Michigan. Like it that the whole cast of characters, you know, the main characters are definitely there.
Speaker 1: So that one woman, the lawyer woman.
Speaker 2: What was her name, Sidney Powell, the krack yeah crack and lawyer yeah Sidney Powell, yeah, man who like hired people to go fucking like just glean, like just steal data off a voting machine. That's part of this conspiracy. She sent some fucking duficis to go do that shit and then upload it to a website so all the home sleuths could like pour over this data to be like I found that it was stolen through this data set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the whole time it was like this feels like it should be illegal right this right, yeah, right now, Like finally people are like yeah, no, no, no, it's it's illegal. It's illegal any palace, Like yeah, before you guys go off to do some full blown election fucker, I just need you to know that.
Speaker 2: What is the quote we might just get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well that's mainly what we're gonna be talking about today. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment, Kenny, Well, we'll be talking Rico. We might be talking about some small town local newspapers facing Yeah, just absolute nonsense. Two of them with like very similar situations. Like it's like a reporter whose dad owned the paper who were investigating the local police, and the local police just went like full Gestapo on their ass. Ye, Like it's crazy. So we'll talk about that. I want to check in with you guys, see what you think of my boy. Uh fuck, I forget his name, Oliver something. The rich mend North of Richmond song.
Speaker 2: I don't know about this. You know, it's funny. I've when you were writing about it, I've only seen the first verse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second verse is wild man, and.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like okay, and the second was like in the Slaves and you're like, wait.
Speaker 1: What wait, what the fuck? Yeah, the second verse seems like it was written by Gutfeld a little bit.
Speaker 2: Talk about Radiohead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, one's talking like he's like, use your welfare to buy fudge rounds? Right, that's one of the lines. Oh, the people are using welfare checks to buy fudge rounds. Anyways, we'll check in with that. Just I just want to take you, guys Temperature because I think it's a great song. We might even talk about people fucking and robotaxis all of that plenty more. But first, Kenny, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be honest. The most recent thing is I'm getting ready for fantasy football season, so there's been a lot of googling injury updates, and the last thing I googled was to see if Dolvin Cook had signed anywhere. So I kept the Jets running back Breese Holland. In the next day, they say, so, uh, not great, but uh we're still getting ready, you know, just digging out of a hole early.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When when when when does all that shit kick off? Like, when's your when's the draft day? And ship for everybody playing fantasy football.
Speaker 3: Labor Day weekend, but we also submit our keepers on Saturday. And uh so I'm you know, just drafting a backup running back in the fifth round, just starting in a deep hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you know you don't need those points anyway. You can just leave those on the table.
Speaker 3: Man, What are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Get you running back anyway?
Speaker 3: You know exactly, So we're good.
Speaker 1: This is about the time of the year where I am like, I'm not. I don't think I'm gonna play it this year. I think I'm nah, I think I'm gonna sit this year out. And then I always get roped back in, especially when my other sporting interest, the NBA, is like juster, it seems like it's heading in a dark direction for me with the Philadelphia seventy six years right now. Yeah, yeah, it's not looking good. I might I might become like an NFL guy this year, just fully like on our NBA podcast, just bringing up NFL stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, we started talking about the Sixers. You're like, yeah, yeah, but like the Eagles, the Aagles, man, how about them birds?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyways, yeah, there are you all in like high stakes league. I never I played Fantasy NFL like once, and I'm way too like a not as interested in the NFL as I need to be for me to maintain like that kind of maintenance for like a team throughout the year and also just being high all the time. I'm like, oh right, there's gay five fucked that up and I gave up. But are you guys in like those leagues where like shit's on the line, like whether it's money or you know, dumb antics for the loser type shit.
Speaker 3: It's money. It's money in our league.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 3: The buying keeps going up as the years go by because you get old and you you need to get more extreme to feel something, you know what I mean. Yeah, fifty dollars buy in doesn't hit like it used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next thing, you know, Yeah, you're going in to make if submarine trying to look at Titanic records to get that feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. I want to go the pressure of like twenty thousand leagues under the sea, sort of like I'm at the bottom of the ocean type pressure, but like financial.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, right right right for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, So that's where we're at, for sure.
Speaker 2: Jack what about you, you get you and those goofy lea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have like a buy in. It's pretty pretty modest and it hasn't hasn't gone up. But we used to have a rule where the person who came and last wasn't allowed to wear a seatbelt for the for a year when they were in the car with other people from the league.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a fucking.
Speaker 1: Loser seatbelt privileges.
Speaker 3: I expect it like has to wear like a dumb shirt or like Republic but instead because football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the year before the loser had to beer bong like three things of round up. Yea killer and just see recommend it.
Speaker 1: We lost some good man out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't don't suck around have to amputate your left leg and.
Speaker 1: Jesus yeah that ship. Like I don't. I don't care about the NFL really, but fantasy football will affect my mood on like more than one day over the course of the season.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way the league NFL league. I'm like, you guys suck, but I just I've been watching it my whole life and I'm a ghose fan, and I think we might actually finally be decent and fun to watch, so I'm like, dude, the earth is burning, I'm going to enjoy my Sundays. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, screw it. Who cares?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, yeah, It's like, it's just I have, like I play fantasy Premier League like soccer, English soccer, and I do this thing where like, if the season starts getting really good, I completely jettison my interest in fantasy because now all my eggs are in like the real I always I'm like, I'm always switching between are all my eggs in the fantasy basket because the real results of my team are so bad or is my team doing good enough that I'm like, no, no, no, this is fine, this is fine, which ends up me not doing well. Over you, yere. But anyway, thanks everybody that joined this league's or this season's league. Okay, Kenny, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Robots? Robots are overrated, dude. I was just I was walking through Green Point in Brooklyn today and they got a new coffee shop where a robot serves you coffee, and people are actually going in there and giving their money to a robot. And I don't understand why we're letting this happen. We just have to roundly reject this. There is no advantage to this other than the novelty. It's like insane. Yeah, barista is a job that needs to exist in society, you know, like what, why why there's coffee shops everywhere? Why would you ever go to the robot one? Maybe once to see it? Sure, but this is like insane. Literally, human beings have been warning about us about this since the fifties, just before even the technology for this to happen. Philip K. Dick was like, no, man can't do it. And it's just been steady drumbeat of some of the smartest people on the planet being like, we shouldn't be doing this, and we just we can't help ourselves, right, And.
Speaker 1: I just invented this thing. I'm quitting now. It's really bad. I'm gonna go like living a bunker now. Wasn't there that like Google AI person who is like whoops? I thought maybe this is gonna be bad in like fifteen years. It turns out the next three I'm quitting. Good day to you all.
Speaker 3: It's insane, man, And like who benefits it isn't us? No one, No one hearing this is in the tax bracket where this is good for you. This is just slave labor. They're making robots so they can replace human labor and have no overhead, and that's so obvious, and somehow we're just like pretty cool. My door dash guy's a robot. Now that's pretty cool. Hey.
Speaker 2: You know my thing is like I hate tipping. I just can't tip people. It's just a disturb when these people are put their hat in hand, being like, can I get a tip with robots? A guess what, don't need to tip them, So I say, bring it on, you know.
Speaker 1: And you can fuck each other in front of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: No judgment, no judgement, no judgment, even though there's no way that they have cameras present or anything like that. So this looks really stupid, this robot like in robo barista.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fucking like, I like, to your point, can you, like I get that you might pop in and be like let me let me watch it make a cut, like I'll watch someone else buy it and then I'll just leave after the show, versus like I don't know, like the people. The way they're saying it's like advantageous is like the robots are consistent.
Speaker 3: Mmm, it's coffee dog, like, yeah, room for cream, you put everything else in it? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I've never like, yeah, I had like a latta and I'm like, well, they really fucked up. That's the milk on this one.
Speaker 3: And this is also like it's not like barista's are jobs like people that are doing other things, Like you know what I'm saying, it's not why are we taking these jobs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right right, this is like kids in college or fresh out or artists or whatever, and it's like it's just so insane.
Speaker 1: Man, Really, coffee, my day is ruined. They forgot to put the water in my coffee today, like a cup of grounds. Yeah, it's usually pretty pretty consistent. It's unfuck upable, but yeah, it feels like it's a novelty thing that hopefully we'll get over soon. It can't it can't be currently cost efficient right for them to do that, but maybe they're hoping that the novelty will just like bring in massive amounts of people.
Speaker 3: Well what's scary is you see the barista and you're like, oh, a harmless little robot, but then you see that the police already have robot cop dogs and it's just like we have to stop this, we have to stop it right now. Yeah, I am trying to be proactive. I got a sex robot, but I don't have sex with her. I just go down on her so I can create an ally. You know, when they surprise, you know, she'll be like, hey, he's one of the good ones. Leave him alone.
Speaker 2: His name is on the protective scrolls. This man eats and you're like, good to know.
Speaker 1: And his food will be consistent. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Being bald? Bro Yeah, and bald. I was so afraid of it, man, and it is truly the best. And I just see, I got my friends around me dropping like thousands of dollars to go to Turkey and get plugged up, and it's just dog just like end it just fine. No one cares, No one cares, you know. And actually, as more and more people fight being bald, I think being bald is going to become this cool novelty thing where it's like no one's bald anymore because everybody gets hair.
Speaker 2: Plugged from Turkey.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. So now we're like the cool underground guys like.
Speaker 2: Where they're like, oh you want to see my Norwood five receding hairline, fam check this out. I even know the style of my receiving hairline. Whoever the fall those I remember being so obsessed when I was losing my hair. Like when you start, you like look at the charts, You're like, oh, ship, like I'm this, y know. They're like straight up styles of balding, like where they talk like if you're trying to get plugs or whatever you're trying to diagnose how your hair loss looks like this is a it's like a whole scale and ship. But yeah, you got you.
Speaker 1: Guys have good bald heads though, you know, yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A big part of you gotta have. You gotta have the good head, the good you want to you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: You no disrespect. You know, if you got a gnarly head and you're getting plugged up, I get it, you gotta do you.
Speaker 2: But if you got the energy to fight the turkey and then and then look like everybody in the fucking customs line they're leaving when everybody got that bandage head on the way out. There's like there's memes like that where you just see like all these dudes going back to England, but they all got the same like bandage like do rag on because they just had their plugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking like they just fought in the Civil War. But really they're just afraid.
Speaker 1: Of head wound.
Speaker 2: I would put on a cast just to throw people off. I'm like, no, I didn't get man, I was in an accident. Man my head, my arm. Yeah, you know, I'm not with you.
Speaker 1: All up in reality, they just pulled the hair off your arm to put in your for it.
Speaker 2: It's wild though, like so many professional soccer players in Europe, like go to this one dude and his YouTube channel is just like all these like players being like, hey, I got the plugs from doctor blah blah blah. It's like I do respect that.
Speaker 1: Like the people are now becoming more open about getting the plugs. Like I had somebody this weekend and he showed his birthday party. I was like, hey, man, how's it been going. He was like, ah, you know, this week was rough. I just got hair plugs and like really sore, but like he wasn't wearing a hat or anything. Yeah. I was like, oh yeah, shit, oh wow, breathe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of these athletes too, like Lebron it's like, what do you what are you doing, Lebron James. You don't need hair, You're fine, you can be bald. It's okay. We also, no, we know what's going on. We've been watching you under bright lights.
Speaker 2: We saw there, we saw the headband go further and further up. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We know, we know that's my thing. Like if you get it done early and you trick everybody, fine, But it's like like if I just started wearing a dildo in my pants, he wouldn't be like, wow, Kenny's got a penis, Like what's he doing down there? Like you know what I'm saying, I'm not tricking anybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ron. Yeah, it's also funny too, and like part of me is also like upset as like a ball dude. I'm like, wait, money can't even help Lebron. Like it's that's where we're at. That's when I'm like, oh hell, and I'm getting plugs like I haven't seen one good set, Like I remember there's a guy Wayne Rooney got him and like he got him too early, and then everything behind the plugs left, and.
Speaker 1: So we just have that line. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough. It's tough, or you're.
Speaker 3: Joe Buck and you do it so much you almost die.
Speaker 2: Like that's the other option, right versus post Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's insane. Bro. It's just like I don't understand this whole. I get it, aging sucks, whatever, but like fighting it makes it worse. I think, just embrace it. We all get older. It's just yeah, we're trapped in time. That's what life on earth is.
Speaker 2: Everything, everything we encounter in life, we have the it's a fork in the road. You either you either accept it or you resist it. You know, that's always the fork in the road. And if you resist, there's a lot of energy and a lot of my dollars spent, and acceptance at a lot easier, typically the path of least resistance. But sometimes it takes a little you know, a little uh, some work on yourself to get there for sure.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I mean Lebron in particular, we've seen when his head is shaved, looks good, like he has a good bald head. He also like openly talks about like I put a million dollars into my body every year, like that's why I am as a hair flux defining or defying like father Time, but he's not. Yeah, I don't know. It just doesn't It doesn't make sense to me either go plugs or go bald. But I don't. I don't know what is happening.
Speaker 3: Like I understand it if it's going to affect your career, like if for whatever reason, like your hair, like you know, Conan O'Brien could never go bald. Conan's hair is like so anonymous with him. He's got to keep the coaff at all costs. Yeah, that's his logo. You know what I'm saying, Lebron, you're Lebron. You're being hired because you're Lebron. You're not gonna lose acting work because you're bald.
Speaker 2: And no one ever said, yeah, like I want to be like Lebron's hairline. No, it's not important. It's not even a tertiary concern when people are assessing like what Lebron James is as a person. But anyway, I guess.
Speaker 1: That Legacy could do it. He went, he was like full by his hair wig thing, but then he came back bald. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think but he reached a point where he's like, man, I can't keep doing this ship like I'll pass out. We're in this wig playing professional.
Speaker 1: Texts that he's just rocking a wig, just a big blonde wig, like he's such a rebel, like he really Yeah, all right, yeah, Cypress was wearing a wig too.
Speaker 2: Complete man coming after Pete Sampress, coming after big Pete Man. Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and what will we talk about mouth?
Speaker 2: Oh you mean that little thing that's happening. Because Trump and their crew they were saying, we might just get it.
Speaker 1: That's the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're back and we might just get it.
Speaker 1: This is the one of the charges that Trump has been hit with. This is the only one I had heard of.
Speaker 2: You were familiar with this charge.
Speaker 1: Familiar with this charge?
Speaker 2: Thanks the meek mill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, Fannie Willis has laid the hammer down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's he's been Trump is being charged with thirteen felonies, including uh, we might just get him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rico charged that exactly. Uheteering, racketeering basically, if just to broaden it out for people that aren't aware like Rico. Statutes are were first designed for like mobs, like for organized crime and basically to say that as a mob boss, you couldn't be like, well, I didn't shoot nobody, mar Coppo did, or this other street soldier did, blah blah blah. So with the RICO, when they put them under a ricos, he's.
Speaker 1: Allowed to tell his capo to shoot somebody. That's first amendment. He exactly, that's right. He had to get clapped right there on Fifth Avenue. But the whole thing is to say that even you treat the whole thing as a criminal enterprise and an organization, an ongoing criminal enterprise. Therefore, guess what, we don't need you to have your hands on that because you were at the head of this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So anyway, not only that, though, he's in the tank with eighteen other co conspirators, eighteen other fucking people, and then includes Rudy Giuliani, Okay, Mark Meadows, the former chief Yeah, John Eastman who wrote the coup memo, Sidney Powell, the Kraken lawyer, and also Jenna was a few and amongst many others and other people who you know, basically fall fell into this alternate elector scheme, which was basically the whole thing here was Trump trying to find an alternate set of electors to basically overturn the results in Georgia. And here we are. So this is up there in seriousness with the DC charges from Jack Smith and also very tough to dodge if he were to become president because these are state charges. So there's no way to pardon himself or get DOJ involved because these are not federal these aren't federal charges. These are state. So yeah, so he.
Speaker 1: Might have to be be running the country from a prison in Georgia.
Speaker 2: He could potentially, because here's the thing. Fannie willis pretty good at putting together these like non traditional RICO charges like not going after organ and I was, like, you know, one of the last ones she did before she became the Fulton County DA was she was put a racketeering case against public school teachers that were like faking the students scores on tests to basically get their school like raiding up. And she basically was saying, like, they're violating the RICO laws by using the school system, which is a legitimate enterprise, to engage in quote widespread cheating. And eleven of these twelve people were convicted.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: So that's just like from teachers cheating. This isn't like Brad Raffensberger calls on Wax being like and he did a fine twelve that like like literally this exact amount of volts so overturn an election, and all the other testimony you have from people who were, you know, caught up in this.
Speaker 1: Shit, How is he going to run for president? Like, I don't, I just don't. I can't imagine what this is going.
Speaker 2: To look like. He can delay, he'll probably you know, he'll try and appeal or whatever and just kind of keep this thing out of But the one thing is, you know, Fannie Willis has said she's trying to get a trial within the next six months. So that's where it's that that we shall see.
Speaker 3: Well, it's almost like if you learn your entire playbook from a mobbed up lawyer, eventually it will catch up with you. It will like you can mess around, you know, at the state level, you can always buy people off, but you know, once you reach the peak of the mountain, all of a sudden, everybody's like, we can't just keep letting this happen, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you fucked around. Now you got to find out those are the rules. That's a clause I believe in the Constitution. I believe it's the twenty seventh Amendment.
Speaker 2: Rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right to find out. You're right to fuck around and find out. That's right, you have that right to fuck around, but you also will have to find out legally. But yeah. One difference about like with all these other indictments, though, is that we are going to get a mug shot. The sheriff in Fulham County is basically saying like, yeah, I don't have any special instructions, and I treat this shit like anything else you got. You coming in getting charged. We're taking a mug shot, so yeah, get ready and I can you can already see the fucking grift that is gonna happen around that mug shot unless Trump looks like absolute shit in it. Right, Like, if I was taking the mugshot, I would try and do something where like you get like an in between blinks type photo. Yeah, I wonder he's like smiling big because you know he's gonna try and do that shit. So I'd be like, oh, you got someone on your shirt. He'd like where click, and then he looks all down like you know, half melted. That's please, photographer at the jailhouse, go use those tips.
Speaker 3: Well, what's also beautiful is his whole thing is like loyalty, loyalty, but he just he's already alienated his entire team, He's fired everybody. So do you think people are gonna be loyal to him during all of this? And if he's at the top, you know what I mean, like how many people are gonna be offered plea deals to That's what happens in the justice You try to get to the top of the thing by offering people deals. And you think these people feel loyal to him, You're out of your mind. You think Rudy Giuliani wants to do any time in jail? No, no, no, he does not know. He does scream, he knows everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's wild to see that that this like fucking pro relationship turned. It got him all, got them all the way here. Now, Yeah, maybe they'll be Selly's it is. It is tough because this is like the best probably the best case scenario for the criminal justice system is like, Okay, someone actually did something bad that was like putting the entire our entire country's ability to function at risk. Like, so I'm you know, we're rooting for people who are typically doing the worst shit in the world, you know, yeah, like DA's and stuff and fucking Feds. But in this case, you know, the broken clock corollarya I think applies here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I also alienated like a lot of the mainstream Republican base, and I think if he had kept them, there might be a little bit more of a chance here. But like he's really whittled his whole support system down to specifically the MAGO thing, yes, which is really separate, and I think like a lot of those old school like you know, generals or whatever that are technically Republican are going to be like no, no, no, no, no, we're not We're not letting this happen, you know what.
Speaker 2: I yeah, right, because yeah, all these like you know, like the charges in DC are also fucking dire for him, and I think, but we're just also kind of in this mode of like, Okay, we'll see like obstructing an official proceeding, like what is even that? But that can carry twenty years if like he if he ends up you know, being found guilty with that, But like.
Speaker 1: That just it with obstructing official.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't fit quite well. But like in that case though, too, Like these outcomes are serious, right because on one side he's acting in the DC trial, he's acting like well as president, like I was just doing what I needed to do to try and make sure that the election was was turning out the right way. So if he's able to fucking like dodge these charges, that is completely going to upend like what a president can do in the quote pursuit of you know, trying to get to the bottom of election results, because that's ultimately what they're going to be arguing in Trump's defense. And then with this one, I mean shit, it's just like how blatant can you get? And how far will we let this man go? Oh yeah, it's yeah, you're poison They all got they all got pretty pretty substantial charges.
Speaker 1: And the stakes are high, and.
Speaker 3: I'm you know, I'm trying to be optimist. It is hard because ever since he got elected, immediately it was like he's going to be impeached. He's going to be impeached, and then you know, something else would come out. This is the end of Trump. We've been hearing it for so long that I'm just like to protect my heart. I'm not allowing my you know, it's like a kid who like he wants to believe his dad's coming to his game, but in his heart he knows he's probably not coming. That's that's the feeling I'm fighting inside myself. These charges are Dad coming to the game, and I'm like, I want to believe. I want to believe, but I've heard it before.
Speaker 2: Come on, Dad coming to my track meet and then when he it was just to tell me he was leaving my mom. So either way, it is real tough out there. Wait, what's what's dad gonna do this time? Oh boy? But anyway, all that to say this is like I mean, when you look at all of these, like the amount of years, even with the documents, case like, if just a couple of these are we we go all the way and we find him in jail, like it's it will be interesting if he tries to run from prison again. If But a very important thing to point out with the Georgia indictment is that the way pardons work in Georgia is like the governor can't just pardon you, Like there's like a five person panel that like is that is in charge of looking at pardons, and for you to even get to that panel, you have to serve at least five years to even be eligible. So like it's it. This is like it's stickier than most. And again I'm like, I'm with all y'all where I'm like, uh, you know, I believe it when I see it. But the fact that we're getting a mug shot, there's just like there's gonna be TV. There's cameras and show. I don't know that this could be different, But again I'm not. I'm also we'll see I Dad shows up, We'll see that shows up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thinking back to like the very first time we had this feeling where it was like they got him was when he admitted that he fired James Comy because of the Russia investigation. Oh yeah, it feels like so tame compared to like where we're at now. For sure, he's on wax being like you need to find voters, like you need to find votes that don't exist.
Speaker 2: Essentially, Yeah, we were throwing our hats in the air being like, oh my god, but nothing happened.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now here we are, all right, let's talk about the media real quick and you know, we we've talked about how small town newspapers. It's been sort of a steady drum beat of like now this small town newspaper went away. Now this small town newspaper went away. That they're apparently dying off at like a rate of two a week, like low newspapers. It's it's about twenty five percent of local newspapers have gone away since two thousand and five, and by by twenty twenty five, they expect it to be a third and just third gone or a third left, a third gone. So that's the thing. It's actually not as far along as I thought it might be. Like, so there, I think there's still like some hope, and there are a couple stories that are I don't know, the hope being that like we get a new system that isn't capitalism in there somehow, and like we start using taxpayer dollars to fund local media because it's like an absolute necessity, right. But like there's a couple stories just that are that are very similar to one another about small town newspapers who report on or were investigating local police, and the police just like go after them. One that's getting a lot of headline is a Kansas newspaper with a circulation of about four thousand, got raided, like the office of the Marion County Record was rated by local police. They seized computers, servers, cell phones of reporters and editors, which is like basically illegal. You're like not supposed to be allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: No, that's completely protected out of the First Amendment. And even if they suspect that there is documents that are on those computers or whatever that they got illegally, you still cannot take them. Like there's there's a whole process like, oh, there's bad stuff on there. I'm sorry, we're knocking your shit down. We're taking it all.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because the way the story's being reported that like what this is supposedly about is that the publisher reported on a like restaurant owner who had a dui conviction, and like it's like this weird controversy that like immediately kind of is it seems like it's designed to turn your brain off. And then so like a paragraph in you find out this detail. The Record had been actively investigating police Chief Gideon Cody at the time of the raid, after receiving tips that he had left his previous job in Kansas City, Missouri, to avoid repercussions for alleged sexual misconduct charges. Meyer said in an interview published Saturday on the Handbasket, I guess that's his newsletter. Though the paper never ran the information. Details about the investigation, including the identities of those who made the allegations against Cody, were in a computer seized by the police. So yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: That's convenient because like the way they went in it was like, how did you know this restaurant owner had a dui? You're trying to mess up her ability to get a liquor license? Where'd you find out? And it's like her estranged husband gave them the information, so they didn't obtain it illegally, Like yeah, the outlet, the newspaper did not, So again like your beef should be with this husband, if anything. And but then conveniently, like so we got to take all the computers for the other story about the chief.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The warrant for the raid reportedly appears to violate federal law protecting journalists, making it way worse. One of the paper's co owners whose home was raided as this, ninety eight year old Joan Meyer, who fucking died after the cops raided her home because, like people think, probably because of the stress of the situation. But there was also this New York article a couple months back about a small town paper in Oklahoma that like very simp like uncovered a massive corruption in the local sheriff's office were targeted for harassment. The publisher or one of the reporters left a pen with a recording device on it in like an official meeting room ahead of this meeting between like the police and local officials, and the officials like were captured on the recording talking about how first of all they wanted to bring back lynching and second of all, how they should just kill this report. And they were like, yeah, I've got a like I've got an excavator, I've got the holes dug. Like it wasn't like idle talk, Like they were like, we should just kill this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That recording is fucking chilling because they are so casual about like, yeah, I don't know, we got to do that, and the guys like truly like yeah, well the holes are dug, so yeah cool.
Speaker 3: I don't think a lot of people understand how like deeply evil some people are like, I feel like there's like a naivety that kind of stops us from doing anything about stuff like this, because I think, like most people want to believe that most people are good and they're doing the best they can and things are just a little messy. But like that, that's crazy, Like no one they should all be at least stripped of their duties. If you're caught saying that you you can't have any sort of official job at that point, like and honestly, that is conspiracy to commit a crime, so that they should be in jail, Like it's that is, that's preposterous, that is and it's caught on tape, and it's.
Speaker 1: Caught on tape straight up. And so the guy like brought it just just published so the newspaper didn't have an online presence, like that's how old school it was. And so the next day they published the paper with a giant QR code on the front next to the story, and you went, if you went to the QR code, it would just like take you to the file that they had uploaded with the three hour like meeting recording, and you could just listen to the recording. But it's yeah, and just listen to these people talking about murdering people and how it was better when you could take a black man out back and hang him. Right, this is like he said, cops and like the there's like a local like county official who.
Speaker 3: People understand too, like the whole like blue lives matter, pushback or whatever. It's like, hey, man, cops are important. They have. It's like yes, absolutely, However, you have to understand that there are people that seek out being a cop because it gives them the ability to wield power over the people that they don't like. And it's almost always racially motivated, always racially monolines it almost it's always racially motivated because being a cop doesn't pay very much. So hey, what's an advantage. Oh well I can bully black.
Speaker 2: Does in some places.
Speaker 3: That's what I always wanted to do, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's yeah. And I think it also ed to see how, like how that power just corrupts these people's brains to the point where they're just casually talking about like yeah, I know, hitman, like we can get this shit done because in their mind they are truly like they're like we're above the law, like that doesn't matter, Like we're the ones that enforce it. So if y'all keep your mouth shut, then we should be good and we can just disappear people or fucking completely violate these like democratic norms we have for like a free press and just fucking bully your way into a fucking newspaper and just take all the fucking servers and cell phones. Because also, wasn't it found out that there was no fucking affidavit like assigned Affidavid like from that was filed with the court to even go do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was like there, their warrant was like completely the warrant for the raid was like completely bullshit, like they just did it. They just went through and did it. And it's not like these are the worst local police districts. This is just these are the ones that happened to be in a place that still had local media. You know. It's like that that's that's not that common. So this is just like what happens when you have a local newspaper that is still out there, like turning over fucking rocks to see like what what's actually happening, you know, like does LA even have like a local newspaper. I feel like all the La Local LA publications fucking got bought out by like real estate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, I mean it's it's hard because now most of the journalists who are even holding like police departments accountable get harassed to fucking high hell that they like they just have to publish like independently or something like that. Yeah, but now the apparently, you know, there's like the Kansas Bureau of Investigations is like beginning to look into this. I mean, you'd hope do OJ looks into this and just fucking like dissolve this police department completely. I don't know where the fuck they get off, Like, I mean, I do know where they think they get off doing this shit, but this is another fuck around and find out where. Okay, well all y'all are gone, because I.
Speaker 3: Do think, man, I think a lot of this too, is a direct result of Trump. It's like these people saw him, Ye saw the playbook. Just commit crimes, deny, pay people off, and you'll be fine. And I think people that vibe with that mindset see that and they're like, all right, well why not us, because you know they will protect us. They meaning that you know, federalist society all that shit, like the conservative take yeah yeah, and like the white supremacy, conservative takeover of the justice system which started in the eighties, I think seventies or eighties have been slowly doing this to the federalist society and all that. And it's like, I I personally really need something to be done about this stuff because I'm losing faith. I'm losing faith in our systems, and I think the people are, so it's like, please do something, for the love of God, like you said, just like something big, a big action, Like we have to see it as a people, because I think we're all just becoming so jaded and cynical that and that's that's where things get really dangerous, and the population kind of gives up on democracy because it's like, well, it doesn't actually do anything, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just look at what a local police, like local police who aren't afraid of local media will do, and like that is the future if all these local journalistic institutions go away. You know, it's like exactly like that, just the second that they think they have the coast is clear, they just do this shit. They turn into like a police state. All right, Well, let's uh, well, we'll keep talking about that. We will link off the New York articles really interesting and worth reading because it's just straight up like, yeah, it's it's very simple, straightforward. These people are evil. They're like the thing that initially like got their attention is that like these people who were longtime cops with this police department were all just like getting fired by this new sheriff and like that. It was like, this is the cop who like had that drug bust like you know last year that actually seemed you know, people like they the guy just came in and like cleaned house and was like replacing them with like his friends, and so he reported on that, and that's what got got them fucked up. So it's it's a pretty it's pretty crazy story. Well, went off to it in the footnotes. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and a country song has gone viral again. This one's called the Richmond North of Richmond. If you know your geography, that that I think he's talking about Washington. I think he's talking about the clowns at.
Speaker 2: That snackers up there in washing California.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's Richmond, Virginia, Virginia, and it's sung by a redheaded, bearded man like in he's he's singing in the Woods. He took he got the Mes Unseen Q from Tucker Carlson and was like, gotta gotta be Man of the Woods. Yeah, And so he's singing the song and like there's real like feeling and verve in his voice, and like the parts that have gone viral. He's like his sentiment seems to be like more in line with early like labor anthems of like you know, my job sucks and like the man is taking the dollar isn't worth shit anymore. But like the rest of the song, which I just listened to for the first time today, he starts like talking about how like they don't care about miners in down in coal mines. They just want to be on an island with minors. Oh wow, the little children, so I mean, which definitely true, like the politicians and people in power like were on Jeffrey Epstein's island. But then like he gets into a thing about like how blaming obese people for milking welfare and using like welfare checks to pay for their fudge ns like specifically he name checks fudge rounds. It just really it really like goes from being a thing that sounds like it could be, you know, a broad call to arms for like work underpaid workers, to like a Greg Guttfeld like monologue about how like people, poor people are making us pay for their fudge rounds and junk food over here in a way that I wasn't aware of until I actually just like went and listened to the whole song. I was like, Wow, it's really takes a turn for the shitty, like after after the first verse.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, Yeah, it's uh that that one lyric thing, what the fuck lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothing to eat and the obese milking welfare.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what it is, because it feels like a milkshake duck of a song, because yeah, exactly I saw the version I saw was the first verse and he was like, you know, been selling my soul working all day, and I'm like, yeah, okay, okay, and you know he's got that fucking little emotion to his delivery, and then like the song kind of cuts off and yeah, when they're playing it, I guess like a forty five second clip. I thought it's like a short song, but then you get this whole back end where it's like actually revealing what his political perspectives are, and it's very much in line with someone who has no idea how taxes actually work, yeah, or anything, and just like it's more evoking the idea of like we're getting taxed and like and that's that.
Speaker 1: Even the first verse, like he starts talking about how like they're taxing us to hell, and it feels like, oh, is this a like the first verse makes you wonder like is this a deft like tea party style plant, you know, like astroturfing thing, because like why like somebody who is this poor like probably doesn't like taxing their dollar. Probably isn't the first concern. But then like the second verse makes it seem like maybe he's just been mainlining Fox News to the to the degree that like he's just like adopted some of those talking points or something. But it does like his all the all the viral attention does reek of at the very least people in power really wanting this to be like the first step in a movement of like conservatism that that resonates with with the public.
Speaker 3: I mean, this song is a honestly a beautiful metaphor for what it's like to try to find common ground with the conservative where you start the conversation and like the first the first verse, you're like, okay, okay with me, right, and then and then you're like, okay, this is nice that we're doing this. And then it's just like all of a sudden, you're talking about vaccines and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, like modern conservatism is so rooted in conspiracy theory. Now, like that's because they're grasping its straws. It's just like gotten so insane that and I think Fox News used to not dabble in that as much, but so much of the base now is that. So they just feed them what they want. And so now so much of the Republican Party is all about this conspiracy shit. And you know, to be fair at Epstein's Island, yeah okay for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and no Republicans ever went there. So that's another thing.
Speaker 2: Oh flawless victory, flawless reference.
Speaker 3: There, absolutely right, And the welfare queen thing's been debunked so long, it's like I don't even know. That's what's so frustrating right now is it's like it's already been debunked, but then I show you the study that debunked it, and then you just call that some sort of like liberal hoax, and it's just like, where do we go from here? I don't know, this has been studied. It's not real. And I saw John Stewart Clift the other day, which in MLKA said something similar back in the day where it's like, this country is socialism for the rich and it's rugged capitalism for the poor. And that's true, and that's actually what this guy should be feeling and experiencing. And that's what's so crazy to me is the media can sell you something that isn't true and you just buy it, even though if you look at your life, it's clearly not the case, you know what I'm saying. Like, I remember, I remember after Trump got elected talking to these guys and I was like, so, what was the appeal there? And they're like, oh, my taxes already went down, man, like blah blah, and it's like, no, they haven't. You just paid taxes on the old tax code. Because this was like the year he got elected, so it was like twenty sixteen. I was like, but you just paid your taxes for twenty fifteen, so you know, like this doesn't even sign in a lot like and it's and also it was a friend of mine that at the time was like working retail. I was like, dog, like, this is not this Your text bracket is unaffected by even the trunk chain. But they just don't.
Speaker 2: It's it's because they're like dealing with they're like racial grievances, which already are not rooted in something like objectively good or like it's just like they're like, I don't like what's happening to white America or whatever. So when you start from there, you don't have a lot of like real logical strong handles to hold on to them pull yourself up with. So it ends up just being like fuck it, man, I just need some other shit to say out loud. That kind of keeps me stuck in this sort of narrative of like, this is why the fascists need to take over, even though I have no way to demonstrating that it's affected my taxes positively. I spoke to somebody who was talking about how he like hates the Democrats because he's a veteran, and I was like, oh, okay, Like, but you know, like Republicans are standing in the way of a lot of your VA benefits, right, like they consistently are like voting against expanding those benefits. It's like and the guy who was really like I don't he just went, I don't know about that, and I said, you should, you should, you should check it out, like like there's a there's a whole thing about like dudes having to deal with burn pits and all kinds of shi like they don't want to help nobody. And he's like, oh, yeah, we'll see, we'll see, And that was like the closest. But again, it's just to sort of serve this thing of like I don't like this very you know, nonsensical thing like racial like equity. So therefore I'm fine with just you know, regurgitating whatever, you know. Talking points there are that helped me stay like, Okay, well I'm on this side because to your point about the conspiracy theories, like now that I really look at the lyrics that the chorus of saying living in the new world with an old soul, I'm like, okay, so we're talking about.
Speaker 1: New world or order and that they want to and then there's like a bunch of surveillance control. Yeah, they want to know what you think and know what you do. No, they don't. Nobody gets a ship man, nobody truly.
Speaker 2: If anyone does, it's meta and fucking like Google. They're monetizing by knowing what the fuck you want.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. And what's also crazy is with all of that, you know, what started the surveillance state was the Patriot Act, which was George W. Bush. That was a Republican led That's where like a lot of what if you're really a conspiracy theorist, that that should be alarming to you, you know what I mean, Like, and that was not. But everything gets framed is like a left wing thing or whatever, and it's like.
Speaker 2: But that's just because they're looking for Muslims, right, Why So that's why it's not a problem for me until you really look at how it's applied. And they'll fucking they don't give a fuck, they'll use that, they'll use that statute for fucking anything. Yeah. So yeah, the lyrics are dude, the part about fudge rounds Jack. The version you gave was like euphemistic, which says, well, god, if you're five foot three and you're three hundred pounds, taxes, o not to pay for your bag of fudge rounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even a good lyric. They don't even know. It's like you're forcing it, you know, like it's wild.
Speaker 1: Like that's why I say it feels like like some hack took over, like some because like up to the part that's like becoming like getting played everywhere is at least like you could. You're like, okay, I see why this is like it's like connecting with like an older tradition. It's just like a worse kind of diminished AI version of that. But the the second verse like just goes into like this like shitty like Fox News Steve Doocy, Like I don't know, it's just regurgitating bullshit from yeah, Fox News comedy.
Speaker 2: And I think, but that's the brilliance of it, Like I will give this guy the credit here because this is this is actually like it's catchy because he's he's actually a good musician and like a singer. So you kind of get lost in the performance without listening to the words, like the parts that you listen. In the beginning, you're like, right, overtime hours for bullshit pay so I can sit out here and waste my life away.
Speaker 1: You're like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah that part.
Speaker 2: And then they say, slowly turn it up because then you're living in the new world. And then you get to the second verse, we're talking about Epstein's Islands, and then we're talking about welfare fucking cheats and like the obese, and then suicide rates somehow uh yeah.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Marjorie Taylor Green though certified banger, she has come out and said so.
Speaker 1: I mean he's come out. People are like, what's your what are your political uh leanings? And he says, I'm centered because both sides served the same master. But so the song is certainly failing the who's into this and why test?
Speaker 5: It's not not great here. But yeah, and so I actually forgot to look this up to confirm. But with food stamps and ABT, there are restrictions on what you can buy. Oh yeah, that's the other thing. It's like again it's it's it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're worried about what they like for the government won't let you buy fudd rounds with you know, food stamps and snap and ship like that. You like there's usually like rules in place, but like also the fact that that has like that is the thing that he thinks is the problem with the country.
Speaker 2: But even the thing that the one the point people always point to is that like there's always they raise the specter of this like woman of color who is cheating the system and getting all these benefits when statistically white people are the ones that are on the most benefits in this country. Yeah, so like fucking I mean again, that's why it's like, it's so it's so clear why this guy wants to be KOI and AcBe of olibtuse about like where his political ideology might have like stemmed from. It's like it's just so clear in the lyrics, like where you're at and you're just doing this because you're like, well, if I say I'm maga out right, then I get dismissed. If I can kind of play this thing like I'm this like independent thinker, then now you'll have to look at my what I'm saying through that lens and try and give it some more credence or you know, analysis more than like, dude, this guy's just he's just like the most He's just won the mag A Talent show, that's all I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, he's he's been famous for seventy two hours, so let's give him time. Like I'm sure by the time this episode drops, Hill have said some like wild shit, but.
Speaker 3: Right, name is Tim Magaw.
Speaker 1: But this does like sort of give me a sinking feeling because, as we've talked about before, like somebody is going to like give people who are getting fucked by the economy like some alternative, you know, And up to this point it's only been fascism and Trump, but like you know, Trump is not going to last forever, and it seems like the Republican Party doesn't really have a ready alternative to Trump. And I just like would really love it if you know. The the voice that like came through was like this is bullshit, like that you have to work over time and like don't and and just get treated like shit by your employer. Like I wish that voice wasn't racist, like because it almost feels like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost like maybe supporting an increase of minimum wage would maybe help a little bit more. Right then, you know, like that's and that's the part where it's all insane is it's just like I agree with the first part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, on capitalists and capitalism like that, that is, they are largely responsible for the obesity epidemic that you're seeing in the country. Like there there's all sorts of but like he has to like thread it through a critique of like welfare somehow, which just is is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's just it all goes back to just this like like it's it's if it reminds me of just how right, Like we were talking last week about how there are all these articles, but like do people really get like how good fucking Bidenomics is, Like do people actually understand that Joe Biden fucking like saved the economy from a fucking recession. And the thing is people don't care because they they're not No one was hanging on a knife sedge about if we're gonna have a soft landing with the economy because they look at their fucking wages. Yeah, and like this is the thing like where many sociologists and like experts around fucking radicalization are like you have to get to inequality first, you have to address that shit. All the talk is gonna fun. You're gonna miss everybody with that unless you're not tangibly addressing it. Then again, like to your point, Jack, you're gonna have more people who are left behind who are looking for explanations as to why the fuck my life is like this, and you'll feel and we'll begin to see the emergence of even more grifters who are out here being like, it's actually this group of people, it's actually this, it's actually this, it's actually this. And you know, when Joe Biden, you know, and the federal government could be doing, like I think a lot more to address those kinds of things, because we're already gonna see a lot of these like pandemic era benefits for like families, like those tax credits and shit, they're about to go poof, Yeah, that's gonna they're doing too much, Whereas the reality is they actually don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the problem. They don't care what you're doing or you know, what you think, and that's the problem. They just don't.
Speaker 2: What makes this song pretty dangerous in that sense because it's like completely missing all the points, but it's packaged in a way that it gets you fired up.
Speaker 1: To be like it's at the grievance but not the facts totally.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing, man, if you're below a certain tax bracket, your life really isn't changing that much because none of these tax programs tangibly actually help working people. And that's where people get disenfranchised with Democrats. You know a lot of times Democrats talk a big game and then don't actually deliver to the people that they ran on helping. And so I think what happens is when you target a song like this at poor people, they eat it up because like this whole idea of like the it's like most people don't even understand how the economy works. And to be honest with you, if you're getting paid a wage, that's just gonna be. You're getting paid what your wage is, and to even think that has anything to do with the president is insane, you know what I mean, unless it's like a minimum wage thing or whatever, like yeah, it's just uh, wages of stagnated CEOs are making more money than ever And that's capitalism that is not really even right or left. It's just like that's the system is being strip mind bye by the wealthy. That's what's happening, and I don't take it as a how to process that. Yeah, that's very left this idea. I mean, I think it's very clear where I stand, yes, by my bald head and white skin, you know, but like, yeah, man, it's just I don't think, first of all, our kind of our knowledge of civics and our knowledge of just how the government even functions is so bad. I mean, it's just like most people don't understand even understand how it works, and so it just creates this It opens the door for all these conspiracy theories because it's like a much easier explanation of what's going on than sort of the complex concept of like velocity of money and understanding how the Fed prints money and that drives inflation, and you know, like people just don't they like, I don't know, it's just a bunch of pedophiles, which again not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bunch of pedophiles screwing up my paycheck. Yeah well well yeah, it kind of trying to. But that's not that's not the main point though. Man, it's a larger picture than that. It's like again, yeah, it is a it is a I think a hard thing to grasp. I think the only thing that's heartening is like how much younger people are less susceptible to that this like fucking acoustic version of what is wrong with our economy and more like no, like there's fucked up inequality like that we have to address. Now. We'll see how that evolves. But that is like the one thing at least that younger people are a little bit more on top of that shit, at least what they're understanding than you know, previous generations, like where I only fucking figured it out like when I went to college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think millennials started catching on later, like because like I think our generation was a little less interested in like buying homes right out of college. And I know a lot of my friends are having kids later in life. And I think now you're starting to see, oh wow, starting a family is so much harder for us than it was for our parents. You know, like buying a house is insane right now, healthcare is insane. And I think our generation is just now starting to really grasp how different it is. But I think the younger kids just see it. It's just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well because millennials had that thing where like we were still fucking pounding that eighties kool aid of like yeah, man, fucking get a job and shit after college, fucking have everything, have a boat, and you're like, all right, that's all I gotta do. And then like you get out of college around two thousand and seven eight, and then you're just like grasping like just the ashes of like this broken promise and you're like, uh uh. So it took a little bit of time for asting for us to like mourn that possibility that we like grew up thinking was real and then fully stepping into like, shit's fucked and we have to do something about it, because I, like, I completely I was thrown for a loop thinking I was going to get somewhere with the you know, the way the economy was or what the old school steps were at like entering the middle class and shit like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, go.
Speaker 3: To trade school kids, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, Kenny's such a pleasure having you. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm at Kenny DeForest. That's d E F O R E s t Instagram, TikTok, threads. I'm on threads now, you know what I mean. I'm not on Twitter but I am on threads. I just you know, fresh start. Let's see what the new one does. I'm sure sucks. I'm sure Zuck's a better guy. But those are my main ones. Yeah, I mean, I might get back on Twitter again at some point, but I actually deactivated that account, and if I do come back, it'll be kind of like a fresh Start type thing. But okay, Instagram is I feel like, if you really want to follow me and see me, it seems to be the best way to engage with fans directly. I feel like you can really see, like you know, I post all my shows on my stories. It's like easy to see that and see where I'm gonna be. The special comes out, like you said, August seventeenth, nine pm Eastern, so please check that out. That that would mean the world to me. And yeah, that's the big thing. So give me a follow and come see a show man, come see me live. That's that's that's really what I would like from you. And I also have my old specials on YouTube as well, so if you like the new one, go back and check out Bad Dreams and just consume my content. Man, that's all that. That's the name of the game. That's how you can help me out.
Speaker 2: So there it is.
Speaker 1: He's one of the best doing it. So definitely go check it out. You will not thank you. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: You know, there's a new Instagram guy that really makes me laugh. It's called Boston Be a Man. Have you seen this guy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: He like like he ends it with be a Man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gives like the most toxic man advice ever. And then one I saw recently that made me have so hard. As you said, be a father figure to all the kids in your neighborhood, then hook up with their moms.
Speaker 1: Be a man, Be a man, real Boston ship love it. Miles. Where can people find you? What is a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, Uh, you can find me on all the at based websites at Miles of Gray, check jacking out on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad. Boosti's Kenny was on a couple episodes ago. I was out sick though, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about the Steph Docky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turns out they were really sleeping on that kid, but he really he showed them Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: It's crazy it is really like that. That was like my take going in was like okay, but like and then you see it and he's he just really is like tiny, like in high school.
Speaker 2: He's tight.
Speaker 1: He like grew in the NBA.
Speaker 2: It's crazy tiny boy. Uh. And yeah, you can also find me and my new true crime podcast, The Good Thief, so please check that out. And then obviously four twenty Day Fiance. Some tweets I like, actually like one at dag d Egg tweeted, if I had two buttoles, my life would not change at all. I wouldn't use one of them for any silly business I do out of both of them. So just just like the just like the energy behind that tweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian and on threads at Jack Underscore, Oh Underscore Brian.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Some tweets I've been enjoying. Jesse McLaren tweeted, so we're supposed to root for Mark Zuckerberg, a longtime villain, just because he's willing to fight Elon Musk, a new villain. And he said, yes, this is what ten Fast and Furious Movies have been preparing us for. And then Sausage Hobbit tweeted that picture of Trump that's going around where he someone was like perfect posture where it's like showing how his legs are behind his tourse so in a weird way that I think some one person said it looks like he's the front of a centaur. But at Sausa Tava tweeted, he looks like he's about to float towards the scent of a freshly baked pie. And he really does looks like he's about to be lifted off his feet by some good smells. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean we could go we could just talk about Rico, but no, that's that's that's old. That's an established track.
Speaker 1: That beat is so just drilled into my head at this point, someone.
Speaker 2: Just needs to cut together like when all the footage of this trial hopefully goes the right way. Just put everything, just put every just the new music video, just be images from this trial. The track that I want to go out on is from this artist Terry Presume, and it's called Zaza and some runs parenthetical smoke break and it's a dope track. It's got like a sample of the Isley Brothers was that Steps in the Night, like a very we used drum sample, along with some really great just instrumentation on. It's like a combo of like funk, A, R and B, a little bit of wrap. So check this one out again, like I said, turning the volume up slowly but surely. So. This is Terry Presume withza and some runs.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeike is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then Bite.
Speaker 2: Talk to you. Then we might just get him with who