Speaker 1: This is he said a YADIHO with Eric Winter and Rodlin Fantas.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode. He said, Aya, deal ya, how are you?
Speaker 1: Eric?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm doing great, Mary that I'm still have my sexy voice.
Speaker 3: Hopefully by the next podcast it'll be back to normal.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: We have an awesome guest today we've had before obviously, doctor Darryl Jeoffrey. And doctor Darryl is a dear friend who's helped us, you know, through our own health challenges, things that we've been trying to improve on our kids, you know, going up and down with different things. Just trying to keep everybody in optimal health. Gut health in particular, which leads to in our opinion at least to a lot of other problems in the body. So trying to keep your your gut, i should say healthy and strong is super important in our family and something that we love to share with.
Speaker 3: And he is pretty much one of the best out there in terms of knowledge and research, and his products are amazing, His books are incredible. They help thousands and thousands of people.
Speaker 2: And we can only share our truth. I'm not saying everything's for everybody, but we have gone through our own challenges. You've been very vocal about years and Darryl has helped us a ton, so so we happy to have him. Love having you on the podcast.
Speaker 1: How you been I've been great man. Good to see you guys. How's ever there.
Speaker 2: Everything's been good, everything's been good. We got this one on a on a cleanse that she's doing, which has been interesting, needless to say, because she got sick in the process. She's a little bit dramatic anyways. So then you add you add the cleanse, you add taking out the sugar, the breads, everything that she loves so much, and then it's like she goes haywire. But she's been balancing it pretty well, doctor jas. It probably helped. Actually it knocked out some of the draw The drawing is very possible. Well, you know what it did.
Speaker 3: I came from I was in Budapest and then friends for like I was going for like almost two months a month and something. And of course I wasn't eating great because you're in a foreign country and you know, and and it was the catering and the movie was not the greatest. And then I found the restaurants that I enjoyed, so that I was just eating like crap. And then we went to Paris, and of course with the kids, it was all about eating you stuff that is not great. So I came back and I was I felt so inflamed, you know, as you know, when I don't eat healthy or good, my stomach goes insane. So I said, I feel like doing like a cleanse, that is, I just want to flush my liver and my kidneys and do something very dramatic.
Speaker 1: So I go to this.
Speaker 3: Lady for facials. But she's like a Korean accupuncturist, a natural doctor, and then she does incredible work for the skin, and she has this protocol that she gives you these pouches.
Speaker 2: It's a liquid I have no ideas full.
Speaker 3: It's all herbs. I have no idea what it is. And then these capsules that basic basically help you go to the bathroom. And then all you can eat is vegetables, no white potatoes, but vegetables, and only blueberries, BlackBerry strawberries, just the berry family. And you can only have like breakfast, lunch, lunch, and dinner eleven bites. So and you're taking for eleven days and then days eleven days.
Speaker 2: Well, eleven but that was the thing I talked to about too. It's like how big is the size of the bike. It's more of like small meals three times a day, intermittent fasting, yes, with vegetables and these certain fruits, and then after the eleven days you can introduce meats into the diet, a little piece of protein and no salt. It's just very no salt.
Speaker 3: No sugar, but also ever, no carbs. It's very very yeah, very very clean. And I was telling Eric that has been unbelievable how my stomach has behaved incredibly. I think because of the candida and sebow that it feeds on sugar and no condiments.
Speaker 2: Just eliminating the sugar.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, doctor Dary, eliminating sugar has been like a miracle for me.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's a hard lifestyles.
Speaker 3: It means that, oh my god, you know, not eating sugar ever again. But what I'm taking away more than anything is I stop sugar. And I think my stomach says to thank you, Yeah, your whole.
Speaker 1: Your whole biases. Thank You're including your brain. You know, there's there's so many benefits to doing a complete body reset. I think it's amazing. Getting so many of us. We focus on, you know, uh, what should we put into the body. Let's you know, let's put more of these, But it's also about like what we shouldn't be putting into the body, right, Sugar, artificial sweetener, seed oil. Seed oils, by the way, way more toxic than sugar, Way more toxic that if you guys want but seed oils. Your body hates sugar because it wants the burner off. It's a dirty fuel, so it's going to get rid of it right away. But the seed oils, they can't do that. Seed oils have a half life of seven years, so they get into your cardibascard system, they get into your brain, and they really rust and rot you from the inside out. I'm talking about canola oil, satflower oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil is a big one. Corn oil. Those are probably the most toxic ingreenas you can put into the body.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Daryl, and it would probably lend itself to that as well. But do you ever notice and I'm not sure how often you've been to Europe, but anytime I've ever gone, I don't deal with any issues as much with breads cheeses. I think they cook with olive oil pretty much. With everything. I notice a lot less of a gut issue or bloat or just feeling. Look, you can go find sugar obviously, anywhere, you can have junkin donea not you shouldn't do too much of it anyway. But it's such a better food system than what we have in the States.
Speaker 1: A thousand I said, I was talking with a very good friend of mine, Shane, who lives in Italy, yesterday. We're having this very conversation because when people go over there, they tend to feel better, and then when they come over here they tend to feel worse. Yeah, understand that the wheat, by the way, we were never designed to consume brands. We got to get that first and foremost. We is a weapon of mass destruction for the gut because it contains this protein pulled gluten, and gluten is one of the biggest triggers of leaky gut. Leaky gut the cause of all disease. Right Hypocrity said that we talked about this so many times on the last podcast we talked about him saying that all disease begins in the gut. Well, what's going to disrupt the gut. Wheat and sugar, artificial sweeteners, seed oils are big, big components of that. But we is one of the biggest ones. But when you go over to Europe, it's a different form of wheat, It's a safer form of wee. Here they hybridize it. They basically want to create a lot more wheat. They want to do it on smaller forms and basically create more yield. And in doing that we pay the price. Our gut praise the price. And when that leaky gut starts to happen, now we start to get all these downstream issues. Hypo byward is autoimmune disease, skin issues, we gain weight, reproductive issues early on set metopause, all these things which could be per invented, all because of avoiding these foods and other toxins and pathogens that of course they're contributing to this, but that are harmon with the gut. The gut is literally the central communication system of the body, and that is damage. And everybody's not the mess of the gut. We know that some less, some a lot more. But if our gut is disrupted, our hormones will be disrupted, and so many downstream problems in the body will be disrupted. But that's a very valid point you said there.
Speaker 2: And I have another interesting question with a topic that one of our producers brought up. But she kills me all the time over sushi. She says, it's so terrible for you, it's so bad for you to do. And I think it is bad. No, But now we're talking about overseas, right, international Japan sushi very common. Some of the longest living people documented are from Japan. Right, Japanese people they live in the what is it called the Blue zones.
Speaker 1: One of the four or five Blue zones in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blue zones in the world eat sushi all the time. So what is the truth in your opinion? Or I don't know if it's a bonafide truth, if it's a hard truth, But what is your feeling on sushi? Good question? And rice, by the way, in Japan in the ases a lot of rice, So.
Speaker 1: We have to understand that there's so much more to the Japanese lifestyle than just eating sushi and rice, which gives them for sure that one is ever So we have to kind of keep that in mind. Let's talk about the benefits First, the benefit is that they're eating this deep cold water fish high in omega three fatty acids. So we have to understand, guys, there are fats that heal our body and fats that kill. We just talked about the fats that killed Omega six fatty acids. All right, all those ones we just listed off, those are the ones that are going to age us prematurely. They're gonna rust and rot us from the inside out. They're going to drive up inflammation and destroy our brains. Those ones we must avoid.
Speaker 2: Like the plate, you said, Omega six, omega six, So the three six nine is not true that all three are important.
Speaker 1: Well, Omega three and six is or what we call essential fatty acid, which means your body needs them. Now I just said omega six is. We're well if our body needs them, why are they bad? Well? If I cut my skin right here, what happens? I put a band aid on it. I've come back in two days, I take the band aid off, and what happened to the skin? The skin is healed. Well, it wasn't the band aid. It wasn't the bastration or what I would use, you know, sovereign silver gel that healed us. Light fields, body heals. Inflammation heels. So inflammation has this big crazy buzzword that's been thrown around everywhere. Oh, inflammation is bad. Yeah, I say that we don't tie of old age. We dive inflammation. But I'm talking about chronic inflammation. But the inflammation in the short run is designed to heal your body. You get a cut, inflammation is what brings all those healing factors to clott it and heal it. So that's something that's important. So mega six is in a small amount are going to actually help us. But here's the problem. Guys. We should ideally have a one to one ratio of omega three's to omega six is in our body. It's not like that. It was like that maybe like two three hundred years ago. Our ancient ancestors, they are doing it the right way. They were hunting and gathering. They were doing intermittent fasting, not on purpose, because their lives are based on feast and famine. There were times that they had to kill. They had their meat, but without the kill, they were foraging for berries, right, and I love that rosalind Anything that ends in berries are amazing blueberries. I call them brandberries, raspberries, all of them are phenomenal because they're low in sugar, right, and that's the type of fruit that we want to put it into our body. Going a little off topic on that factor, So back to the one on one. So we should have a ratio one to one. Omega threes the fats that heal, the fat's that lower inflammation. I'm talking about plant based chia seeds, black seeds, hemp seeds, which I love, but they have to be converted to the actual form that our body could actually use, which we find is something like a fish oil, which we all need to be taking. Our kids need it, we need it, our parents need it. Right, fish oil is one of the big five supplements that we are massively deficient in in factor. Ratio shows that there are about ninety six thousand preventable deaths that happen every year from Omega three deficiency. Why because without omega threes that that's that heel inflammation goes up. So a Mega three is lower inflammation. So when it's one to one, we're in a good ratio. But no one's like that, Well, a few people are like that. I test these people. I actually will send the kids to my patients, will prick their finger, will have them put that drop of blood on a little card, put it in an envelope. Five minutes later, after it dries, they send it to my lab. Two weeks later, they get this really in depth report, easy to understand, easy to follow, of exactly what your ratio is of the bad ones to the good ones. I'm telling you, guys, this is the most important ratio in the body, just as important as your cholesterol, et cetera. Right, And what we found is that the average American has twenty five times the amount of the damaging omega six facts that basically are killed in dust prettymaturely from the inside out. Now I've tested thousands of my patients. I've seen twenty five to one. I've seen fifty to one. The worst one I've ever seen was a female when I was back living in New York City. She came to me from Connecticut. She was having I mean, I feel my heart went out to her serious depression. She was on five different forms of medications in drugs score it has seen literally every doctor you can imagine. Then she walked into my office right last week on the totem pole. So I just start doing what I do, Like my whole mantra is test, don't guess. And no one looked at her omega three omega six ratio. They were just basically saying, hey, get on this drug to make you feel better and listen, there's nothing wrong with doing that if you're in a crisis. But she did not have a deficiency of these anti depressants that they were giving her right. In fact, it was actually making her worse. It was making her more toxic, making her spiral deeper. So I basically measured her and got her report back, and she had an eighty eight to one ratio. So let me put this into perspective. For my first book, Get Off Your Acid, I interviewed a doctor's name is doctor Joseph Pibbelin, and he did all the research on people murderers and people in insane asylums. And what he found was that their average Omega six the three ratio seventy to one. And what that means in English is that they had so many of these inflammatory facts. Remember, guys, the brain is sixty percent fat, So where are these fats going. They're going right to the brain. So these basically fats go to the brain and if you have seventy times more of these inflammatory makes you go whast makes you go crazy. You can't even process, you can't function. Your brain is offline, and now you start to do crazy, irrational things. So what we did with her is we put her on we cleaned up her diet. Of course, we started adding in healthy fats and good proteins. We got her off with the sugar and all the crappy carbs. So we had to do that part because the reality is you can't supplement your way out of a crap diet. And then we put her on a high dose fish oil. I'm not kidding guys. Three months. Stay there, cheesy, different person. She walks into my office. I thought it was a different I thought I saw the name. I thought it was a mistake. It didn't look like it did not look like the same person. It was a completely different energy. She looked different, her skin was all healed, and the best part, she was off of five medications and she was finally listing collected with it. She deserves credible.
Speaker 3: How does this translate then people in Japan that still eat the rise and the fish that is raw.
Speaker 2: Obviously there's more, like you said, to their diet.
Speaker 3: But is it good for them that they're eating? Is there fish cleaner than ours even though he's raw? Is there a difference between the rat fish and our fish?
Speaker 1: It's the same ocean. It's all about the quality of the kind of to answer errors questions kind of the more of the quality of the sushe that you're eating. Is there is a difference. What is supposed to happen when they're actually you know, harvesting the fish and creating this is that they're supposed to flash freeze the fish for seven days, and that flash freezing process is going to kill all the parasites. But what does flash freezing do. It costs more money, more money. That increases the costs, and not everybody's going to pay that price. So there are so many restaurants and supermarkets out there that are cutting corners because at the end of the day, you know, they're responsible to report to their shareholders. They have to make money, so they need more margin, so they're buying the ones that are not flash frozen. So Roslind, you're absolutely right. High in parasites. Perfect example. My kids love sushi. I used to love it as well. And then when we were in Newport Beach, California a few years ago, I haven't had sushi since then. I got so sick. I was at a high end restaurant as well. There. I got so sick after eating sushi. I'm talking like a day And thank God, I know what I do. So if you do get sick after having food poisoning, you want to make sure that you have activated charcoal on you. Because activated charcoal, you take that one capsule every other hour for four hours, it'll literally absorb those toxins, even the parasites, and help get them out of your body faster. To get you through that process. Plus, you got to take a probiotic, you got to take minerals, and I also take something like a bioactive silver just to kind of boost my immune system. But yes, they are a loaded with parasites. And even eight months ago, I tested my kid's gut every single year, like I test my gut twice a year with the school sample test every year. I test my children. Now that they're in a good place, I mean, I had some hell challenges with my son Braiden just a few years ago, so I was testing him every six months when we were going through that. But he's doing so great right now. But my point is what you inspect, you respect, and here they are helping kids living our lifestyle, and what do we find. Brandon had a parasite, Aliyah had two parasites.
Speaker 2: You think because of sushi.
Speaker 1: There was no doubt. There was no doubt. And it's not just about the environmental tops and the exposure to the parasite. We also have to recognize that how strong is your gut and when you come across something like that, is your gut allowing something like that to live there? So that just told me I needed to do a little bit more work with them in terms of strengthening their gut. So we looked at this test. I saw the markers that we saw. Brandon needed a couple of different things. Aliah needed a few different things. We strengthened their gut, We eradicated the parasite. We came back about five months later, we retested them. Boom, parasit. We're gone, all right. But here's the thing. If I didn't test, then would I have known? No, because they don't have any symptoms. So here's the biggest thing. We cannot judge how healthy we are or not based on the symptoms or lack thereof. Right, we have to be proactive about this because again, there are things that we're going to be eating every single day that we're exposed to, like sushi. And by the way, we tend to find the parasites more in the fishes, like salmon, mackerel, squid. That's where we kind of find more of the ones. It's called what's the name of it? Any sacus is like the biggest one. It's kind of a good the world.
Speaker 3: But if you cook the fish is fine. If you cook, if just cooked salmon, then you're killing all the all the power.
Speaker 2: Its properly flash frozen. It should be okay in theory. But do you let the kids eat sushi anymore or do you listen? Yeah, like what age for? Because I'm fine, like the kids are dying to have roughish. She's no, no, but I'm like she's seven and he's seven and thirteen. No, we can't say never.
Speaker 3: I mean, when they're adults, if they want to do it, you're not gonna have sushi ever when they're out of the house on eighteen, we have no control. No sushi.
Speaker 2: Give me an age and I.
Speaker 1: Respect Ross's opinion on a thousand percent because I love ros but I respect theiric's opinion. It's my experience with a therapist. But here's the thing. Like my daughter Brayden will eat anything. He's like, he says, Daddy, I'm a sophisticated eater. He's a total New Yorker where we're from. Aliyah, Oh my gosh, she's the piggiest eater in the world. So, like, she loves sushi and if she doesn't have her sushi, she's gonna go crazy. Of course, you know, wrapped around Daddy's figure. Of course, a leader, you can have a sushi. So my job is to make sure I keep their bodies, especially their gut micro biomes, as healthy as possible. So now I know when they're going to be eating those foods, they're gonna be protected and testing them, and God forbid, something shows up, I'm on it. It's all about anticipation, guys. So I anticipated the problem it was there. I eradicated it to the healthiest kids I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're like, listen, we went to this restaurant doing no, no, absolutely not. We went to this restaurant and I I have become this judgmental mom. I feel so bad, but we like, we want to sushi. He's eating his wrong.
Speaker 2: We don't write.
Speaker 3: And there's a table next to us, his family with like three kids and grandparents and they're probably three.
Speaker 2: They're shoving raw fish old and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, Eric, I wanted to die. I was this close to going over and saying.
Speaker 2: Stop it if it's a good place, and you're like you said, you're doing your job to protect their gut.
Speaker 1: My approach, guys to everything I do, and we've had so many conversations, is it's not about giving up the foods that we love. It's about finding the better and best versions of those foods that we love. How can we make it better? So you mentioned rice, like brown rice, we grew up being like the healthiest food in the world. But brown rice actually has eighty times more arsenic than white rice. Now, listen, white rice is a pure star, so there's nothing really healthy about that. But you're taking only one layer, see where the brown rice has all three layers of the seed. So now you're gonna have some leggings. But again the arsenic and all the heavy metals that they're gonna basically take in. So when you're eating sushy white rice better than brown rice. And now we got to talk about the soy sauce because now we're talking about gluen and wheat, because most soy sauce is coming from fermented products that are iron wheat, which is bad. So you can go with like a coconut form of that, which tastes like it, but it's completely free of wheat and blue in. Or you can do something like a tomorrow which is a gluten free form of soy sauce and it tastes almost identical to soy sauce. So when we'll do food sensitivities with our patients and all of a sudden they see that, like soy is there in a candy at, amami or soy sauce, they're freaking out. But don't worry, we actually cover it. You can go with cocon and domatos for a few months, it's much better. But even when you're choosing soy sauce, soy is a massive endoprin disruptor. Literally it's gonna basically lock onto those estrogen receptocites. So ideally I'm trying to get my patients off of soy, but if they're gonna have it. We want to go with a fermented week free gluten free form of that, and that would be like it's work.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Sticking on the topic with kids, and obviously, look at this is not a podcast for people that have to think or question, just just to learn, right, because we just do our best to try to get like you said, better options. There's no judgment. It's just about better options. Then you're not taking away everything that people love. But what about raising a kid vegetarian or vegan or if it's the kid's choice, are you a big believer in a like a rounded diet of meat, proteins, veggies in your opinion? And we know a lot of people that I know, a lot of kids that you know just chose say, look, I'm a vegan at a young age. I don't want to eat animal, which is fine, but like, do you have an opinion about that one way or the other or to each his own.
Speaker 1: I got a strong opinion on this, and hear me out before you judge. Not you guys, You know audience as well. Vegans are some of the sickest people on the planet and I love that. Listen, my wife Chelsea. She grew up eighteen years of her life being vegan. The way she grew up, she's not anymore because she's understanding now the importance of having some animal protein, because it all comes down to inflammation. I tested thousands of vegans, thousands of vegetarians, thousands of meat eaters, and listen, I'm an animal lover. I'm a big time animal lover. And that always for me was a big challenge because I went two years vegetarian because of that, because of my love for animals, I just every time I would eat meat, I just thought about what I was eating and I made myself sick and I just couldn't do it. But in those two years, I became sicker than I ever had been from any diet that I've ever eaten. And the reason being is that we know now that hydrochloric acid in the stomach is one of the most important predictions of health or lack thereof. And as we get older, we don't get stronger, we get a little weaker. We don't get faster, we get a little slower. We don't produce more acid in the stomach, we produce less acid. And what the research shows and my research actually confirms us as well, is that vegans and vegetarians, as much as I love them, as much as I praise them or their conscious decisions for animals, it's truly amazing, they have the lowest levels of hydrochloric acid of any known human and that poses three three major significant problems. Right. I always say, you're not what you eat, You're what you digest absorbed in a simulate. So when we eat our food with low levels of hydrochloric acid, you can't digestive food, even vegetables and all that stuff. Right. So the problem with that is that downstream where we need energy to ourselves, right, because food becomes energy, food is medicine. You could be eating the best organic plant based foods, which I love, and ros did it for you know the amount of weeks that she did it, and it's amazing cleansing. I'm a big fan of that. I would say ninety percent of my diet is plant based, but I'm not saying all of my diet is plant based. And we'll get into a little bit more, but from a clensed perspective, rods plant based foods are the best because they cleanse, they detox, they purify your blood. I'm all about abstaining from meat when you want to actually do deliver gall bladder flesh and do it the right way based off whole food foods. But we need the protein. Proteins are the building blocks of our body. And what happens is is that without the hydrochloric acid, we're not getting nutrients to ourselves. So even when we think we're eating the good organic plant based diet, were malnourished. Problem number one, problem number two when we actually don't have enoughydrochloric acid and we're eating those foods. We developed something called food sensitivities. I remember my first food sensitivity test, and you guys did yours. You were shot that some of the things that showed up for me. Avocado showed up. Avocado ros right, God's butter, the most beautiful food in the world, has all the macros that we need. It wasn't that avocado was bad for me. It was that avocado was bad in the moment for me because my gut was such a mess and it's so imbalanced, I couldn't digest it. And because I couldn't digest it, when that particle, avocado porticle, which was not a tiny little particle that could be brought in for fuel, and that was a big avocado particle because it wasn't broken down when that got into my microbiome, my immune system, and my gut. And guys, remember eighty percent of your immune system lives in your gut. You've got to pay attention to gut. Help. It saw that avocado as non daryl, non self, and it attacked it, and it thought it was a pathogen. And then the third problem is is that without the stomach acid, now you lost your first line of defense. Stomach acid is your first line of defense to toxins in the water, to toxins in the foods that we eat and the air that we breed. So with lower levels of acid, what happens is it becomes a free entry of all these different forms of bacteria, parasites, active viruses right into the gut. So for anyone that's vegetarian, what I wanted to say to you guys is really try to be as diverse as possible. I think one of the challenge is that so many times they eat like the same eight foods over and over and over, so really trying to branch out, get more of the colorful end of the spectrum. And if you want to stay vegetarian, I respect that right. But what you got to do if you can, if your philosophy allows you, you should be taking three to four grams official every single day. Now, if you're not going to do that because of your then you've got to just pump up the GSCs. That would do a core cup of the gis seeds, m seeds, flax seeds. I would start taking some algae as a form of a major threes. Now it's not the same because they have to actually convert to the actual EPA and dha that you get from fish oil. So if I take fish oil, I'm getting right there what my body needs to lower inflammation. It doesn't have to be changed or altered. When I'm eating giacs, flack seeds and m seeds and alergae, it's called ala alkhalin laic acid, and inside your body, your body has to convert that with all these different enzymes to get the epa and dha that you need to ultimately use it as an anti inflammatory. But here's the problem with the ratioch shows is that most vegans, vegetarians at most their conversion rate is one percent. We've seen five percent at the highest, So it really comes down to an inflammation problem. There is a way to be healthy. When I started measuring everybody's blood to see what the ratio was, there was only one one to one ratio that I ever saw and it wasn't me, guys, it was Chelsea the vegetarian, who had it because she's doing it in a healthy way, a very diverse way, the right way. So there are ways to do it. But again, I think having a little bit of animal protein two to four ounces per meal, not just that quantity, but good quality without being spent. Yeah, without being fed, poring in soy, and be giving antibiotics because the reality is that eighty percent of the antibiotics sold in this country is now sold to the pharmaceuticals and the stores. It's actually sold to the livestock industry. So it's not about what we're eating that's so important, though it is. It's about what we're eating what they're eating that comes into our bodies.
Speaker 3: How did you reverse the avocado sensitivity that you had?
Speaker 1: Great question. So the problem wasn't that the avocado was bad for me. I just couldn't digest it. So I was low on digestive enzymes and low on hydrochloric acid. So I started taking the digestive enzyme right after my first bite of every meal. And then what I did before my biggest meal of the day, which for most of us in dinnertime, to help with the prote team metabolism and also the fat metabolism, I took a tablespoon of apple set of vinegar, and I mix that with one third cup of warm water. Now I say warm water because warm water actually increases the gastrind secretions in your stomach, which in terms, is gonna promote more hydrochloric acid. Remember when I say get off your acid, I'm not talking about the hydrochloric acid in the stomach we need that. I'm talking about the acids in your tissues, the toxins, the inflammation. But when it comes to the acid in the stomach, which we get less and less of as we age, we need more of that. So a really simple hack, unless you have acid reflux you want to avoid this one is you're gonna do one cablespoon of apple set of vinegar, mix that with one third cup of warm water, and then what you're gonna do is you're gonna drink that on an empty stomach twenty to thirty minutes before your biggest meal of the day. And what that's gonna do is gonna gently start to increase your digestive enzymes so you can break down your proteins, factoring carbs, and it's gonna generally begin to increase the hydrochloric acid in the stomach so that you can actually start from metabolize your food's better.
Speaker 2: But if you deal with acid reflux, you shouldn't do the apple set of vendegar.
Speaker 1: Now it's gonna become like gasolin on the fire. So what we do with our acid reflux patients first before we go there. And a lot of them are on PPIs, which are proton pump inhibitors, not all of them. Some are taking pepsid, some are just dealing with the awful rope burn and other things that they're dealing with that. But if you add something like apple set of vinegar, even though it has an alkalizing effect, just like lime water or lemon water or grapefruit, it's gonna irritate because if I put apple set of vinegar on a cut, guys, that's gonna burn. Like heck, well, these people with acid reflux, they have so much irritation in their esophagus, their stomach, and even their throat. It's irritated, it's inflamed, the tissue is damaged. You put something that's acidic on that, like the cut, it's gonna burn. Now, some patients with less irritation, they can handle that, and if they can without the pain, then it actually will help them because again, what the apple siete of vinegar is gonna do, it's gonna actually start to generally promote the increase of hydroploric acid, which will actually help the reflex. Contrary to our top.
Speaker 2: Sense, what can you do with that warm water instead? Like what can you add in it instead of asset apple cider vinegar?
Speaker 1: So if you don't want to apple, oh so you can do you can do a little bit lemon water. You can do a little bit of lime water that works really well. You can do bitterers in your in your meal, So something like arugula, dandelion, greens. You know, there's a whole slew of different vegetables that just instead and what those will do is they'll generally start to increase, but someone that has acid reflux, it might not be the time to do that. What I would want to do with those people first is I want to sue the upper gi track. I want to calm down the fire that's been there for so many years for a lot of these people, right. I mean, I've got clients who have been on PPIs for ten years. It's insane. When you look at that box, it says don't take this drug for more than fourteen days. This is just the advice that could be given by the crazy doctor. So we don't take them off with PPIs right at that the worst thing we can do is stop cold turkey. So we keep them on the medications. But at the same time, what I want to do is get to the root cause of why they have the reflex in the first place. So we'll get them on things that come like are actually taking minerals are very soothing. We'll get them on some marshmallow root or there's a great tea out there called throat coote t I either yoga or traditional medicinals. So I mean, I have about fifteen different biohacks that we can do that will soothe and common once we've calmed the fire and we start healing the tissue and the mucus, and we know that the gut microbiome is stronger, then we can actually start to deal with the PPI or increasing the acid levels.
Speaker 3: I have one last question, doctor Jerry. For kids as a breakfast granola or oatmeal, is that like brutal fruten free?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're talking golog and free that I'm okay with that. Ultimately, I want to get these kids off great because they're one of the things I talk about in my book. I say there's no such thing. There's nothing free about guten free. So you can eat a gluten free oatmeal which doesn't have the protein glyad in, which is the protein in glue in that basically destroys our gut and causes inflammation that leads to a ciliac disease. That's a whole nother story. Because autoimmune disease is total BS, it's all reversible. It also counts to your gut not being on a steroid or some kind of a menu suppressing drug for the rest of your life. But again, when you see something like a gluten free oatmeal, it doesn't have glyad and well, yeah, that's great, I can eat that. Well, why are these people eating bouten free still so sick. There's two reasons. Number One, they take out the gluten, and now the food tastes like cardboard, so they have to make the food taste better. So now what do they do, guys? They bring in sugar, artificial speeders, all that unnatural stuff, which is bad. So that's one thing that we see they replace one bad thing with another bad thing. But the other thing is that there's over four hundred other forms of proteins that are nearly identical with blue in but are gluten free. So gluten free oatmeal has a protein called adventine. It's a protein that's very similar structure to glue in that will cause just as much damage, just as much leaky gut, just as much inflammation. It's going to take out your good healthy gut army, like your probiotics, literally destroy them like a sniper in your gut. But here's the problem. You think you're doing something good because you're buying gluten free oatmal Right, other people are more sensitive than other people that might not be sensitive. And this is part of our testing. Like one of the things we test with the school sample test is gliadin the actual protein, and we'll see if that number is read, which means you have more of a sensitivity to that gluten protein, which means for sure, you need to stay away from this at least for the next three to six months while we fix your gut. So again, same thing with parasite, same thing with glad or glue in. If your gut is healthier, you can withstand whatever's coming out better. I'm not saying eat it, but I'm saying that you can handle it better. But someone that's got like are really in playing gut, they're dealing with IBS or IBD, or chrons or ciliac or pretty significant wiki gut or acid reflux or chronic bloating. Those types of people, when they put something like that in their body, all of a sudden, they're lit up for a complete twenty four to forty eight hours. Why because that became gasoline on the fire that was already in their gut. So it's all about healing the gut. It's about strengthening the gut, fixing the leaki gut, and getting rid of any environmental toxes, food sensitivities, environmental pathogenes like bacteria, parasites H. Pylori that are in there, and that's possible.
Speaker 2: So on that note, I want to talk about one of your new products that we've also been using and we absolutely love. But share with everybody, first of all, what colostrum is, because I'm sure not everybody knows what colostrum is. And now you have a you know, a new product, gut Punch that we have been using. The kids use it on a regular basis. It's great for gut strength and everything else. But talk to us about colostrum and the product I want to know more.
Speaker 1: Well, colostrum is the first milk, whether that is a human or a bovine animal. So ours is a form it's called dairy free colostrum. Well, we'll talk about the difference in a second. There's a lot of benefits to colostrum because why does the baby live solely on mother's milk for the at least the first six months of his life ideally two to three years is what the research shows we should be breastfeeding. But it's delivering so many powerful benefits to the human immune system. Or a colostrum is loaded with something called IgG it's an antibody that strengthened your immune system. And remember what do we say eighty percent of the immune system lives in our gut. This is and we measured that with something called secretory IgA. We can see if your gut immune system is decimated if a strong type of reactive so again, colostrum has a huge amount of IgG, which is really a powerful antibody. Plus it has gut healing properties. It has these ammino globulins that will heal and seal the gut law it's probably the biggest benefit of it. It's going to soothe and calm so you're dealing with bloating, you're dealing with acid reflux, indigestion, it's going to calm that tissue. It's going to help the mucus so that your body can actually start to feel better from a symptomatic standpoint. And it also has many downshan effects on the body. So colostrum is a powerhouse, but it has one huge downside. It comes from dairy right many times comes from the a one K C and cow right that is a protein CACI and that's twenty times more casey and than the humans having our breastmolk. We just can't digest it. It has way, it has lactose. Lactose turn up to lactic acid. It's a sugar that many people have issues with, not to mention it drives of inflammation. It's going to cause gut irritation. So the very thing we think we're taking to help our gut is actually going to flame our gut. And it's crazy because I had patients tell me this all the time. Because colostrum has become so in vogue over the past year or two years, everybody's taking it. I was dealing with a client maybe two or three months ago, and she gets on. She was taking it for one or two days and she had to stop because her body just rejected it. She started getting diarrhea, loose tools, she was getting serious irritation of what. Yes, So my approach to helping people is Okay, I know that something is powerful, like coffee. We know there's a lot of benefits to coffee. The one huge downside is acid. So that's why we created a product that neutralizes the acid. So now you get the upside mins the downside. I had the same thought for a year. I'm like colostrum colostrum colostrum. There has to be a better way that we can get the same effects. In fact, the better effects which we are getting research proven without that massive downside of dairy. And by the way, dairy the number one allergy in children. Children should never have cow's milk. We are the only mammals that consume another mammals breast milk after weaning, caliculiving dream cow's milk. Cow's everything for baby cows. Right, it's crazy, So we should not be consuming cow's milk. This is not like my opinion, this is what the research shows. So I found this form of colossrum called dairy free colostrum. It's coming from the serum, not from the mammalian milk, and it has actually more IgG antibodies than regular colossrum does. So it's got a much more powerful immune system boosting the effect. It seals that gut wall with more effectiveness. And most important, this is crazy. We have research, thanks to over forty one different pathogens and toxins in your gut to eliminate them, eradicate them out of the body. I'm talking gli added, which is what we just talked about. So anyone that has gluten issues. You've got to get on this product. It's called gut Punch because it's going to not only soothe and comp but it's going to help your body attached to that glad and protein and kick it out of the body so it doesn't eat away your gut wall and cause harmful to all the other cells in your gut mold. So different forms of microtoxin and apple toxin which we find in peanut butter and corn. I mean, corn has twenty five forms of apple toxin, which is a cancer causing fungus enus, and peanut butter have twenty one. These are foods that we should avoid, but if you're eating them, you got to buy these toxins. It buys the things like each pylori chiga, like toxin E, coal live, I mean, the list goes on and on. So it does so many things from soothing and common to strengthening the gut microbiome. It actually helps your probiotic army. It will feel and seal that gut wall. It acts like spackle to the gut wall, literally like fills with all those cracks that are there, So now your gut is not going to have that inflammatory response. And the most important thing the binding effect. Binding to over forty one different pathogen in toxins that are designed to do one thing to take you out. It binds them, eradicates them so they can't harm your body. And here's the best part. Our kids can have it. We can have it.
Speaker 2: It's pastless, absolutely no dairy, zero dairy.
Speaker 1: And what we did is we combined it with organic collagen peptides. We're the first company you're gonna find anywhere. You've heard of collagen grass finished, right, this is grass fish, but we're the first company to use organic collagen. We source it down from Brazil. So basically, this is the one two punch to basically fix your gut. You're dealing with bloating, constipation, accid reflex. This is going to knock it out because this organ in collagen by itself, as these amino acids called proline glicing glutamine, which again are powerful gut dealers, They're also going to streppen your connective tissues, hair, skin. Now, so when you combine these two together, they have such a synergistic effect on the entire gut but also dashing of the body. And the best part, like you say your kids take it. My kids love it too, because it rutually tastes like water. There's really no taste to it at all.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna are you taking it?
Speaker 2: I'm not taking I take it every morning. We give it to something.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me anything like we give it to Saball. Of course, I tell you they've been taking they've been I gave it to them. I know we've been taking claus them for a long time. But until your product came out, which was dairy free, we switched over to the dairy free.
Speaker 2: Versus are you're taking it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I take it every morning with my first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: You sold it out in your eyes.
Speaker 2: She's been gone for two months. You never told me. I thought this was just for the kids something. I've been taking classroom every day like you.
Speaker 3: Taklass, but I was taking the other I wasn't taking this.
Speaker 2: What I think since she's been out of town is when you launched this product.
Speaker 1: But you're off the hook. Don't worry. We got to dude. I'm on.
Speaker 2: I'm on so many hooks right now. This is no this is like another hook added to the whole system.
Speaker 3: I got tell me longer that's what you don't want to tell me.
Speaker 2: She'll be on now, but you know whatever, she can doing things normal. But listen, I love the product. I want you know, people should check out obviously, tell them about your website and there's we use a lot of his products. But I want people to know where to find you, know your your stuff, your information, and they can, you know, learn as much as they want about it. Even beyond this.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, and guys, just appreciate you having me on. You guys are amazing. I just gonna say, like, you guys walk the walk better. And when I know, I mean, look at you guys. You live it. The way you take care of yourselves. I know that goes down to your kids. I mean this is whole family health and healing, and you guys are the role models. This is what we need to strive to be. I'm not just saying that because you guys have friends, but I love to appreciating you guys for that, for being role mouse, for being more, for stepping up and not being afraid to talk about this stuff and just having me on for such a blessing. So thank you. But you can find me and get off your acid dot com. That's a C I D. That's where we have all of our products. If anybody is interested in gut testing, all you need to do is go to my Instagram which is at doctor Darryl Jeoffrey. That's d R D A R Y L G I O F F R E and just DM me. I check all my dms and get a ton of them, but I check them all. We will get back to you and we'll do something special for your tribe if anybody wants, and we'll come up with a coupon code for them and we'll we'll share that in the podcast. But we can give a twenty percent discount off of our products for anyone that wants to buy these for the first time than yeah, and then anyone that wants to do our gut testing, we can do a ten percent discount for that as well, and we'll give you links for that. And that's just my gift to everybody for just being here and being with you guys today. So love, love, h.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Daryl. I appreciate you being on as always. Just like a plethora of knowledge and information. You know everything and I love it so people. Yeah, I encourage you if you have questions you want to get you feel like you need to get healthier, you feel like you need to learn more DM and like you said, like he said, and also go to his website.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Great having him on as always. I'm telling you like it's like a book when he talks to us at so much encyclopedia for sure, and you know he's a chiropractor. He's a chiropractic doctor.
Speaker 3: And then he had a situation with his dad that got esophagus I believe cancer and he was reallyated from a city and he just became obsessed with the topic. And now he has become an encyclopedia and he is an incredible speaker and it's very successful at what he does. His books have been like life changing to so many people. And and yeah, we love him. He's been so crucial.
Speaker 2: Again, family, get off your acid dot com at doctor Darryl Jeoffrey Alchemined is the is the brand. I definite check him out. Thank you for listening, and remember, if you have any other questions you want to talk to us d m us at he said ADO or email us at Eric and Ros at i art radio dot com. Until next time. Bye you Thanks for listening, don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 3: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at e said ajav Or Senas an email.
Speaker 2: Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: AJAB is part of iHeartRadio's Miculduda podcast network.
Speaker 2: See you next time. Bye,