Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shaitey. I am just a Ryan. What's up? What's up? Everyone? This is Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, thank Yeah. Everybody should be like nice and full and happy or mad? Right, I'm mad because they got into a fight with their family, right like happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, like I'm never coming back again.
Speaker 1: I love those family moments.
Speaker 2: I wish I had something like that. You know what, I actually have had my brother years ago. He would always be good for a moment like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he likes storm out the house.
Speaker 3: Has he ever stormed out?
Speaker 2: I don't know if he ever stormed out, but he would make things just very tense.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can cut that dientcher with a knife, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it would like carry over for like months, where like he stopped talking to people.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Okay, So, as a matter if I I want to ask the folks right now, send us your crazy current like this. Just this past Thanksgiving, they had me like family drama over Thanksgiving. Yes, give us the tea. We want the story, so like email that to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be fun. Yes, And I've had plenty of those with like Wand's family when we.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, my sister has stormed out a couple of times. But anyway, normally sometimes when back when I was younger and I had a very hot temper, it was me really oh yeah, but I mean I would eat first. Of course you got a hot temper, I used to Yes, anyway, we're moving on, so no, no, no, anyway, what I did, I used to have a very hot I mean I would get angry very quickly and then just like say what I had to say I had and then I didn't have a filter. Yeah. Now I have a filter. I don't get that angry, and I'm a much better person. Okay, yes, Like at what age did these were my twenties or the twenties was like rip rain yeah yeah yeah yeah, I was on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like for me, well I think I've said this, well, I don't know. Sometimes it's still here. But when once I had kids, I really kind of.
Speaker 1: Like calm down. Yes, absolutely, I definitely calm down. Yeah. Yeah. Okay, what's your shady moment? Any shady moment? Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean okay, so I'm talking to you right now on like less than one hour cumulative of sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're working on fumes. Yeah, fumes. I'm on fumes.
Speaker 3: And it is because that.
Speaker 2: Juan Dixon, what did he do? Has no consideration for people sleeping? So okay, he he he's in his basketball season.
Speaker 3: His team is going on a road trip, all right.
Speaker 2: So they're on a two game road trip, which means they're gonna be gone you know, one, two, three.
Speaker 1: Probably like four or five days, all right.
Speaker 2: So you know he's he always waits till the last minute to pack. So he comes into the bedroom midnight. Oh, I got a pack, but I'm tired. I'm just gonna lay down for a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is that is that a second for somethings? That code for robbing? You packed my clothes? No? No, no, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Like he's so particular, like so particular, So I can't help him there. But he but and keep this in mind, he had to leave the house by six am because they were flying out this morning. Right, okay, so twelve you haven't packed and you're laying down in the bed. Not good, right, It's not for a few minutes with you, okay. So he sets he sets an alarm, okay for like forty five minutes. I don't Yeah, I don't even know what the time was, so, you know, I doze off, and what feels like a few minutes later he was the alarm.
Speaker 1: He's not turn it off.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, turn your alarm off, or I'm like, get up right, He's like, all right, just give me a little more, give me a little more time whatever. A few minutes later, he doesn't get up. He doesn't get up. I swear the whole entire night. His alarm went up, like he snoozed his alarm the entire night.
Speaker 1: Oh we'd have been fighting, yes, And I'm like, so, I'm like, can you turn your alarm? Can you get up?
Speaker 2: Turn your alarm? He's he has a nerve to say, Robin, I'm cool, I.
Speaker 1: Said, but I'm not. Yes, you're literally sleeping through.
Speaker 3: This breaking alarm.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, Like I'm fine, Yes, okay, you know, not the only one in the.
Speaker 3: Room, sir, I said, But I'm not.
Speaker 1: What then that's funny, right, Actually that's actually that's actually absurd. But we love why so we won't like trash. It's insane.
Speaker 2: He had the nerve so so so, and I'm the type like I can't just fall back to sleep. I mean, it's like you, if I'm awaken in the middle of the night, it really takes me a long time to fall back to sleep. So it's like I will finally fall back to sleep. And then it said, and I'm like, y'all.
Speaker 1: Get I would have rolled up and punched him. I straight up, what have I smacked the living daylights out of him?
Speaker 2: So then he had the nerve to say was He's like oh, And then of course, like once he does get up and starts packing, he's all talking and has the light on.
Speaker 1: And you know, the light fine, I put it.
Speaker 3: I put a little eye mask on that ship was.
Speaker 2: Annoying, Like I don't really wear sleep masks, especially because my lashes, you know, the extensions.
Speaker 3: That was uncomfortable. So I'm all tossing and turning.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just a mass. It's a mask.
Speaker 2: Then on top of that, right, so his colm blue to story, But my brother in law and the baby were here.
Speaker 1: Are they still here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, they'll cut out in January, okay, But he spent the night because my brother in law was on the coaching staff and they were both going to the you know, the airport together, but his wife was on a trip, not coming back till tonight.
Speaker 1: Where's the baby?
Speaker 2: So then I had to wake up extra early to get the baby ready for daycare.
Speaker 1: This is just a mass okay, So basically you have thirty minutes asleep. Okay, hear the baby Wan Dixon and your brother in law.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a mask, which is and I'm like the whole night, I'm like, oh my gosh, i gotta work tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Go to podcasts. I'm not even gonna know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got so much right, so right now it's disclaimer. Whatever comes out of Robin's mouth, just blame it on the lack of sleep, yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 3: I'm present or extra cranky, yes, blame it on that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So let me give you my reasonably shady moment of the week. Okay, Okay, So you don't have three girls. They're in high school. This week is spirit week, right, so every day they have to dress up as something. Okay, so first day they two days ago, and they participate, yeah, full on Okay, at the whole school, full on participate. Really because it's like all girls, they all get into it. Okay, I'm saying the school is all girls. So they get in, they get into it. Adores the vice president of her class.
Speaker 2: So she's like, okay, making sure they're all until she's like picking the themes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So theme for the first day was be your favorite celebrity. Grace decided she was going to be this woman and she needed like a blond wig. She on a shirt that said the Real Housewives Potomac. Okay, fine, she was meet okay, And I thought that was so cute, right until she started talking Oh no, and she was like right on the street is oh not on the street, and yeah, that's right, That's what I'm talking about. Oh my god. It was so shady and so horrible. I was so angry with her. I was like, okay, I've had it, Like after twenty minutes. I was like, I've had a knife, and leave my house and stop it. Oh my god. And so like I'm sure all day long, and then she she would send me pictures of herself with like her friends of all day and listen, she kept that blonde wig on her head all day. She was so excited. And I was like, if word on the street comes out of your mouth one more time, no, we gonna fight up here. You see what you did? You did it, I did it. You did it.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. Okay, wait, so did she look like you kinda yeah, kind of sort.
Speaker 1: I mean she, out of all three of my kids, looks the most like me, So yes, I mean she did, but she was It was actually nice because she was so excited to do it. But I think she was excited to be shape of course, and she came up with that r oh. She's like, Mammy, I'm gonna be you. I was like, oh, okay, this is so nice. And then that thing got she got into sell mode.
Speaker 2: So do you think she was she saying that at school to her friend. I'm sure I am so.
Speaker 1: She said all of her teachers loved it, like they were. They were excited about it, she said, even an older lady that's like the chairman of the board. The next day she saw Grace and she was like, I really liked your costume. You really look like your mom. And Grace was like very happy. So that I mean, it's nice that she loves me enough to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she was super shady.
Speaker 1: That's funny way, But we have a super exciting special guest to today, y'all get ready to get ready, to get ready, get runner. Who is it? Okay? So, like I said, we have this super special sing guest on this show. Y'all. Okay, let me give him his first his credentials. Okay, So he's a more House grad. He is a pastor extraordinaire. Actually, he's the best pastor preacher on the planet, on the planet, on the planet. Put all your money on it. I will put all my money on it.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: He's actually the senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He's the only guy I've ever married, the only one, Yes, the only one. And he is the father to all three of my kids.
Speaker 3: Do you think he will he will continue to be the only one ever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We shall see, but he is. He is the father to all three of my kids. Y'all know him as passed to Jamal Harrison Bryan. He is in the belt ding. What is going on? Past up?
Speaker 4: Oh good, Robin asked Zella.
Speaker 5: I made a promise to her about some ice Chipsla, What is.
Speaker 1: That with the ice chips? He said, When we get older, he's gonna be the way feeding the ice chips. As I'm laying in the bed like an valid, he's feeding me like I don't know if that's a good Is that a compliment?
Speaker 4: And what is that? That's a big compliment?
Speaker 2: Yes, that means you are He is with you forever ever. One look, let me tell you what one asked me the other day. It's a little graphic. He said, are you going to white my butts?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So let me say this to you, Robert, Let me say to this do you Robin? I wouldn't even.
Speaker 5: Have my feelings hurt to ask Jazelle that question. I already know the answer. But that nurse is coming in five second.
Speaker 1: I said, what are you gonna white? Mind? I mean, this is the two ways, right, Jamal, you gonna wipe mine?
Speaker 4: I want to get that nurse.
Speaker 1: The ice tip you just that's that's your limit. Okay. So we have some first, we have some get to know you rapid fire questions. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Tupac or Biggie Bicky Fantasia or Jennifer Hudson Fantasia, Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan h.
Speaker 4: I gotta go with Michael Christmas.
Speaker 1: Or Thanksgiving, Christmas? Atlanta or Baltimore. What you got?
Speaker 4: You gotta pick who's listening.
Speaker 1: Everyone listening Baltimore and Atlanta or listening.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I'm with Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in Atlanta. Okay? Reasonable or shady?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, reasonable?
Speaker 1: Reasonable?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're a lying Do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't agree with that because I just wanted y'all to know I know this man for a very long time. Half of my shadiness I get from Jamal Bryants in the other half from your dad.
Speaker 5: This was all a lie from her day, right. Her dad is the black siin fel dry humor up. But he's gonna shak you in.
Speaker 3: The shower, Yes, not shake you in the shower.
Speaker 1: Leave my dad out of this. First and foremost, you know you You are a preacher, extraordinary and you like say whatever it is that you feel is in your heart or on your mind, and sometimes that allows for the haters to hate on you because you know you stand on whatever it is that you believe. So over the years, you know, Rober and I feel like, I mean, obviously, we have a whole lot of hate that comes our way. The evolution of hater ration. Okay, because before social media, and I know I can speak from experience with just being around you, you know, you would get hate in the streets of Baltimore by other preachers. You know, you were like the Golden Child. Your church was growing by leaps and bounds and there's wasn't So how do you deal with haters? Then the evolution of hating, and then like the social media hate of it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: John Maxwell said this Robin that if you want to be like to sell ice crank, that anything that you do outside of that is going to be controversial. And we have gotten to a place where we think to be famous, to be successful, it's anonymous with being adored. And the reality is there is nobody in public space who doesn't get there without critique. And so, whether you're dealing with politics or an athlete or an entertainer or a preacher, if you put yourself upfront, doctor King said, if you're upfront and nobody is kicking your behind, you're really not needing well. And so I think it's really the mus tests of finding out who your value is.
Speaker 2: Who Now did you did you always feel that way or did you have to did you have to develop that?
Speaker 4: No, it's perrier water. It is an acquired taste.
Speaker 5: It is shocking, Cornell West uh said, Uh, the most.
Speaker 4: Painful thing you'll ever do is be hated on by people you love. Uh.
Speaker 5: And so to go through the blows is not robbing white supremacists threaten you. It ain't people from the tea.
Speaker 4: Party who have you.
Speaker 5: Is people who you're trying to represent on a global stage.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And you're doing it and you're not twerking. You're doing it, and you're not being vogue or profane. You're raising your children, loving your husband, doing what it is the ideal of our people. And then you've got to fight through what James Baldwin called survivors killed.
Speaker 4: You are made to feel bad because you do well. Uh.
Speaker 5: And it really just shows how toxic many of our people think.
Speaker 1: Damn that was good, right, Okay, sot Alright, but Jamal, do you feel like something so you feel like we get the we as in as in the black community gets the most hate from the black community. It just hurts the most.
Speaker 4: Oh, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The old thing is that hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I heard a quote this way. Haters are people who don't know how to say they love you. Yeah, so a lot of people who hate you really want to you. A lot of people who hate you I want to take your place. And so you've got to see what is their level of brokenness. You opened up just I'll talking about they hated you because your church is growing in NAIs is not and a lot of people we attack who we should be learning from.
Speaker 4: And so instead of beating me up, they hate Jamaal. How did you do this?
Speaker 5: But we're not used to men towards ship, We're not used to legitimate friendships. It's really the straight bullets of social media that when I followed you on Facebook, I'm called a friend. You did not frame me, you followed me, and it has reduced what is the value of what real friendship is?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I like you know. I can say that because because we've talked a lot about how you and I both deal with social media and just hate and it just rolls off our back. I want to say that forty percent of that I got from Jamal just being with him when he was first starting out and pastoring his church, and just all the negativity that would come his way. He just didn't care at all, like it just didn't affect him. And I appreciate it because you know, he would just keep it moving and be greater and greater every Sunday. He was just greater than the next Sunday. So thank you, sir, You gave me a little something something out here in these streets.
Speaker 5: No, let me say to you, Gizelle one in that vein, how proud of you I am. And I don't mean that in any condescending way. My greatest fear when you went on the reality television was how were you going to be able to handle that level of scrutiny and attack.
Speaker 4: And you have done.
Speaker 5: It in a very graceful fashion that in many ways I have been surprised about.
Speaker 4: But Giselle and I.
Speaker 5: Robin met not in church but working in the NAACP. So the people who I looked up to were Doctor King, was Malcolm X, was Adam Clayton Powell who were speaking out and Giselle.
Speaker 4: Look at the contrasts.
Speaker 5: Their haters was burning crosses in their front yard, were shooting at their wife. All I got to deal with is a blogger. It's light emparrassing to the people who I look up to and what they had been doing. You know, I wasn't coming to you Grace Angel and Door Black, and we got to leave at midnight the blog because it was just.
Speaker 4: It's just the reality of the space.
Speaker 5: That this is the safest hour as a civil rights leader to be hated. If the only thing that you got to be afraid of is a keyboard, I.
Speaker 4: Can't and I'll take.
Speaker 1: It, okay, So come on that vein. I think the whole world saw your takedown of Hershelwalker, like the beginning of your sermon in what you talked about Hershel Walker and the fact that we don't need him. That thing went viral. Andy Cohen saw it. He texted me at eightyclock in the morning. I didn't think that Andy listened to a black preacher. You're probably the first black preacher Andy has ever listened to.
Speaker 3: Where was it replayed for him to get a hold of that who God only knows?
Speaker 1: God only knows, Georgia.
Speaker 6: I need you to know the slave Nick ro y'all not used to don't live here no more. We can't think by ourself, function for ourself, and vote bysell Why because we don't need a walk god A.
Speaker 1: That was amazing, Jamal, that's that's you know, typical best preacher and the whole planet. That's what he does. But but now that we have not one in Georgia, are you frustrated with the fact that Hershel Walker and Warnot they got to run again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm frustrated, but I'm excited that people of Georgia have done it before. When Raphael first got elected, we had to go to a runoff because Giselle different from Maryland. You don't win in Georgia because you have the highest amount of votes. You have to have fifty plus one percent. So Raphael had over i think fifty thousand more votes.
Speaker 4: And so I think that people are really mobilized.
Speaker 5: One thing about black people, if they feel like there's a fight, they're coming to watch it.
Speaker 4: So I think that people are mobilized.
Speaker 5: And it were just unearthed yesterday that if one hypothetically gave to Hershel Walker's campaign one hundred dollars, only ten of it went to Hershelwalker. Oh wow, ninety of those dollars went to Trump. What And so they just hit the press today that he wasn't even getting his money. So they've been pumped, pimping him at a level that herschel Walker didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Wow. Speaking speaking of Trump, you know, he just decided he was gonna run again. Don't you want to, like sing the song for Frozen? What's that? Let it go, Let it go, Let it go, Let it go. I mean, I just feel like there is no wind in his sales. I think that it's a rap and he's the only one that doesn't know it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I think he is a gift to the Democratic Party because it slows down everybody else who is a Republican who's thinking about running, because he is such a megalo maniac and his ego makes him delusional about facts. That's how the midterms didn't go in the way that the Republicans thought, because these were all Trump candidates. And so I think him staying in the race is going to lower the money for the Republicans and lower the enthusiasm of that base.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it will keep me entertained.
Speaker 1: I will say that.
Speaker 2: I can I tell you, without Trump on my TV screen every day, I didn't have as much to laugh about.
Speaker 1: This is very true. I am looking forward to that. Yes, yes, And if you didn't see the did Jamal takedown of a Hersha Walker. Just google it, child, get your entire life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now let's let stand on that. On that topic, I think it's the one thing. One advantage about Warnock and Walker running again is that now we can focus all of our attention on bringing attention to that very important race in Georgia.
Speaker 1: So you know, we were here Maryland.
Speaker 2: We're pushing for our Maryland candidates, but we can tell everybody you know repeatedly to vote for Warnock because I mean, I don't know who in the right mind can check off a box for herschel Walker like I don't.
Speaker 1: I just that is the.
Speaker 4: Most asa Georgia. Yes, this guy can't conjugate a bird.
Speaker 1: It's just it's pathetic. I listen.
Speaker 2: I was listening to him the other day and I was like, I cannot believe that this is reality. But now at least we can focus all of our attention on making sure he does not get elected.
Speaker 1: True, true, true. Okay, moving on, So, Jamal and I have three beautiful daughters, Grace, Angel and a Door. I love them so much and I'm actually proud of my kids, like I think that they are amazing.
Speaker 3: They are beautiful amazing, respectful.
Speaker 1: They are kind, they are I just learned this. I learned this morning, Jamal. I don't know if you if you know, there's that Grace takes a class and right now currently that is like I don't know what it's called, but it's like she helps students with special needs. Oh nice. So but the class is about like her tutoring them and her helping them. And I felt like at her age. If I when I was her age, there's no way in hell that I would have the patience to do something like that. I credit Jamal. I think she got her patience from you. You know, Jamal is very compassionate and he's he has a gift for just giving service and service. So thank you you gave that to Grace because she is. I saw her interact with one of the young ladies that go to school has with special needs, and Grace was just like so amazing with her. So I give you all that, mister Bryant. Now I feel like we're able to co parent very well. I'm going to toot my own horn a little bit and say that, you know, when Jamal and I were first getting a divorce, I decided that however, mad I was at him was not as important as him being in my kid's life. Right, absolutely, What would you think is our greatest gift to our kids?
Speaker 5: Jamal were Number one, you are an amazing mother and I am eternally indebted for the incredible way that you have modeled in front of our girls. And I don't want people to think we've just arrived here.
Speaker 4: This was not an easy road to get to where it is that we are.
Speaker 5: We were intentional about doing family counseling with the girls and with Giselle and I because it was here a shama for a minute, but it was, but we were really committed for the sake of the girls.
Speaker 4: On how it is that we were modeled before each other. So we've been divorced for twelve years, a.
Speaker 1: Long time, long time, but he's still here.
Speaker 4: He's twelve years and twelve years.
Speaker 5: I can only think of one major blow up that we've had with the girls present, and I'm just thankful on God one that you have been mindful of my presence and how it is that you have navigated co parenting long distance, which is a whole different all of wax, but it's been greater.
Speaker 4: So every day is Mother's Day. And that's really why I'm nice to you, okay.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that. And this is for people that are going through divorce right now, I said to Jamal, because Jamal travels a lot. You know, I don't know what your calendar and your schedule is now, but at the time, Jamal would be booked a year out for you know, going around the world. He's he's a preacher international. He wants me to say that he's a globe trotting preacher. And I knew because of his schedule that he couldn't have a consistent schedule with the girl, like we couldn't do every other weekend or anything like that. So I said to him, look, anytime it is, it has something. Anytime there is a moment that has something to do with the girls, if it's a vacation, if it's a dinner, if it's or whatever, you are invited, okay. And so I always left the window open for him to jump in whenever he could, and he does. He jumps in all the time.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful, I mean. And unfortunately, so many relationships or the parent they can't get along and they can't.
Speaker 1: Look at the bigger picture.
Speaker 3: Which is the children when they go through a divorce.
Speaker 2: And so I definitely think you all are an example for so many people in this world. Yeah, people hold on the bitterness and anger and it's like, you know, it's just like you just got to let that go and look at the big picture, which is the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love my kids more than I will ever be mad at that man. And now I'm not mad at him, no more so any way. Okay, so a couple of things, Oh, a couple week he said this week. You know, Jamal is good about not bragging on himself, but there's a little brag. I want to do. You feed the community. When the COVID first started, New Birth was very intentional about feeding the community. You have fed how many I'm saying it wrong, you have done how many?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 5: So in the in the pandemic, we started giving out groceries and just a month ago we hit one million families that we give groceries to in the last years. And it is great and it is embarrassing to know that food and security is that diar.
Speaker 4: And we're just talking about one metropolitan Eric.
Speaker 5: For Thanksgiving, we're given out five thousand turkeys. While that sounds good in one way and another way, it's sad that it has.
Speaker 4: To be done. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we said one million groceries two years, families, one million family, one million bags of groceries in two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. I remember when I was when we were married and I was the first Lady of the Primate Temple, the Women's Ministry would that.
Speaker 2: You know what, I know my next question, the Women's Ministry would decided to has his hands over his.
Speaker 1: Space, right space. We decided to feed as many families as we could and literally go to their house knock on the door the food.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I had like a bus. I had security. I was pregnant at the time with one of them kids I have, and I was going knocking on doors. So it's like I was in the hood of Baltimore knocking on doors. You did not know what was going to open the door. So all kinds of things was opening the door as I was.
Speaker 4: We forgot about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, obviously we were blessing them, but it was such a blessing to me to be able to give them what the Church gave them and for me, like they would invite me in. It would be like a weed infested smelling house. And they would invite me in, and I would prag with them a little bit, and I would say Happy Thanksgiving. But we made sure that we gave them food from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Wow. So right, enough food for to last at least a month. Wow. So yes, that's what I did as first lady at a POM. That is fantastic.
Speaker 2: So look, speaking of Jaselle being first lady at Empowerment Temple, tell us Jamal, how was Jazelle as a first lady?
Speaker 1: There's a par.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, So Giselle was not a Mother Teresa first lady in her head, she was a Michelle Obama first lady.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was so.
Speaker 4: Yes, she was coming in waving.
Speaker 1: Uh Obama before Obama. That is such a lot I was not waving to the crowd.
Speaker 5: Was great she was. She was the black princess die. She did a great job.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, well while we're on that that note.
Speaker 5: She did our first women's conference. Yes, she did a whole lot of mentoring. A lot of the young girls came to her for mentoring. A lot of the young ladies who had come to Baltimore to go to either Copping or Morgan really pulled on her.
Speaker 4: She wrote a whole lot of AKA letters. Half of the ak's in Baltimore. Wow, got letters from joselle Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, listen, I was the bomb. Okay even back then. Now now now, I want to say, there's some things that I missed not being married to Jamal Brian.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, which is one of the things.
Speaker 1: I used to complain about. I think I now miss it. Okay, Okay. So you know, like I said, Jamal travels a lot, so he would have to get his his suits and his ties and his shirts together before he would go on his trips. So he would always be like, wake me up out of my sleep. Now you want to be sleep, and when you're sleep, leave me alone, right, But he would wake me up. I turn on all the lights. He would say, Giselle, does his suit go with this tie? But does his shirt go with this tie? When this suit? Okay, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, let me get three other ties. Okay did these three ties go with this five shirts? I mean it was like, so you miss this. Now I'm just saying giving.
Speaker 5: You half in the store what she misses that I was picking her clothes out.
Speaker 4: That's what she missed when I was taking her clothes out, Robbing. She wasn't in no blow somebody when I don't pick it out?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay, the same that.
Speaker 4: We brought this off.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 4: I need you to be a witness, Robbin. You gotta be a with jam.
Speaker 1: Was my first stylist.
Speaker 4: Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, Robbing. When I first met you? Where did I meet you?
Speaker 1: You met me at the N double A C.
Speaker 4: When did I first meet you? Robin?
Speaker 1: Oh rob oh okay yes as sex, yes, true, very true. Yes that sex.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So she does not miss picking out my tis. She misses me dressing her. Yes, but she's not going to give convention to Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is this is a breaking moment. Yes, Jamal Bryant was my first stylist. Really, yes, and my last right and you're only and my only yes, okay.
Speaker 2: See one of my I had one of my questions for Jamal was how does he go about picking his outfits out? Because you know, you look nice and sharp now, but I've seen sometimes you have, like, you know, a pink tie and a pink, silky.
Speaker 1: S about them Detroit player suits you had, Okay, you had some plenty of Detroit player suits.
Speaker 2: Ok do you have a tailor and you're just like, give me one of every color, give me everything in every color, in every print.
Speaker 1: Water shade is coming.
Speaker 4: It's a work in progress.
Speaker 5: So when I was a US in Detroit, uh, that's when I started wearing gatos. So when I met Jizelle, I had different colored Gatos for every suit. Jazelle threw my gators out. Yes, I've tried to purge. I've tried to purge that part in and walk backwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a working yes, But I mean they were like, they were like, it's like a whole green suit with the match of green, gatas orange suits with that match of orange. He had this one white leather.
Speaker 4: He wasn't ready.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not ready. I don't know you were killing them, but they weren't ready. White leather trench coat. I couldn't wait for him to go white, a trip leather. I threw that thing in the trash can. I said, I can't do this.
Speaker 4: You ain't never saying a trench coat in white ripping.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Twenty years later, I was ahead of my time.
Speaker 1: White leather. Oh cause, okay, So where is that bat? I threw it in the trash can Jamal Bryant's it's gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, that thing probably costs fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It is gone. I couldn't take it. But no, I feel like you have come a long way and I love you. Do you do rock the dashiki situation? Sometimes? I see you on the Instagram? So, so do you like dashiki? A suits?
Speaker 4: Get you a man that could do bothse?
Speaker 1: Did you a man that can do both? Is that what he's but to answer your question, he has tailors upon tailors upon Taylors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, I believe that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, See, I'm not a really good cook, so I'm not. I don't I didn't really whine and dine in Jamal by my home cooking? Right? But what was your the favorite part of you?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you that. I gotta tell you this. Do you know what our first fight was in marriage?
Speaker 1: What was that? I have no idea?
Speaker 4: When are you going to the Supermarke?
Speaker 1: You didn't know.
Speaker 4: She was coming back with chips and start getting a home cooked meals so the Girls was born?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, but yeah, in my defense, in my defense, Jamal, you like to go to restaurants to eat. You like to do that.
Speaker 5: Well, when we're sitting in the same house, you got Robin this is two thousand.
Speaker 4: Wasn't no uber, No, there was no brother.
Speaker 1: This is the just.
Speaker 4: Got off a motor two way pages something.
Speaker 1: Okay, this was actually gonna be my last question to you, and we might finish it just for what he just said. But anyway, okay, so what was the best part about being married to Jiselle? Because you're the only person on this planet that has been married to me.
Speaker 4: There's a reason there's a be a whole other show.
Speaker 1: Give it to you.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Jouzelle pushed me to be better and she's the only one outside of my parents who has spoken into my life to really push me to go to another level. I preached at a conference at my home church one day and I thought I.
Speaker 4: Killed that job. I mean, I thought Star Wars the Force was with and Giselle.
Speaker 5: We got in the car and Jaseelle's like, you have really stopped growing?
Speaker 4: Oh do you really think just the best that you can do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was high level offended. Wow, but really seriously for it to really go to another point.
Speaker 5: And then when does herschel Walker video went virabl I saw Jaseelle maybe a week after that, and she said.
Speaker 4: This is your vein why did you leave that you need to stay and what it is that you are.
Speaker 5: Good at and be your best And a lot of people don't really have authentic friends that can push you to be better. And so the thing that I value about Giselle, She's always pushed me to be better, even if she's pushing me over the cliff without a parachute.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to leave it at that. That was such a nice way to end. I want everybody know Jamal Briant is one of my favorite people on Earth. Oh that's nice, Yes, one of my favorite people on Earth.
Speaker 4: Put that one. Don't do that because rapping is sitting there, not one of not one of the Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You're not the I have to that.
Speaker 4: Don't do that. Don't do that because rapping is the truth. You're one of the truth.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have I have Grace Angela, my favorite one of the four.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 1: It's okay, I can say that you you are in the top five. Okay, a favorite people.
Speaker 4: I have three kids.
Speaker 3: I have three kids, three kids.
Speaker 1: I have two parents. I have three kids.
Speaker 2: I have two parents. Yes, so you you beat out one parent.
Speaker 1: Yes, gee geez.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thank you for letting me come on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna send you a reasonably said shady sweatshirt. We would like to youse for you to wear it Sunday morning at church. We want to see us represented as you preach the Gospel of the Lord. Wouldn't that be beautiful? I'm aware from midd Bible study. Okay, thanks, Okay, on that note, we will we will let you go. We know that you are very busy. Love you to death, not Rob I'm gonna speak for myself. Love you to death, Jamal Bryant, Thank you, Jamal.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: It has been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: We appreciate your work in the community and we do miss you.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: Oh that was actually that was my last question. So Jamal, did he took me around the world? Like we went to Egypt, we went to Greece, we went to here, Africa, we went to Why didn't you take me to Wakanda? Like what in our relationship. It didn't allow you to take me to Wakanda.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find the flight. Had I found a flight, I sure would.
Speaker 1: Have been there. Okay, that's gonna be our next trip. He's taking me to get some I gotta get my RANI Okay.
Speaker 4: All right, and goodbye.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jamal. Oh my gosh, that Jamal Bryant is a man. Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say you definitely probably get about thirty percent of your shadiness from him.
Speaker 1: No, forty forty Yes, Okay, he's extremely shady. Yeah, yeah, but people don't know how shady he is.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: He's a I was going to talk about this while we were on. Jamal reads like a book a week, so he's very smart. He's very well read. He loves using his big words. Yeah. But then he also has like a just a comedic side to him, which is which is nice to It's a nice balance. But that makes for a great pastor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because you want to you you don't want to sit there and just be bored and be entertained as wow, this is true.
Speaker 1: I want to get the word and be entertained. So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: So that was But I appreciate him taking time out of his busy day to talk to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I appreciate his perspective on haters, like the haters are not coming and burning. The blogger steaks in our yard. It's just a blogger. If all we got to be worried about is a blogger. Yeah, good, that's Bob Briant. It's funny. But anyway, don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or sure Heydi or bo Fye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 1: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.