Speaker 1: Every day. Click up the Breakfast Club. You know, I'm finish for y'all. Done morning. Everybody is the j n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Longla roses here as well. We got a special guest in the bound. Yes, indeed, Lamont roached you, and you're welcome your last time she was fronting, you know, I hit.
Speaker 3: You, I said, yo, I gave him his props. I told him I was gonna give him his props. I didn't believe in him, but then he came through and.
Speaker 4: I did hit him. I said, yo, you did that.
Speaker 1: She didn't believe it.
Speaker 3: She said you too small, but I did, and look bigger now even you're putting away ever since.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling, brother, I'm feeling good man, feeling good, a good place.
Speaker 2: We all wanted to see that that tank rematch.
Speaker 1: Many who you telling her?
Speaker 2: Why didn't happen? Was this particular reason? Or is just there was more money for him with uh Sure?
Speaker 1: To me, I just thought, he you know, I didn't want to take the fight after he realized like what he was getting itself into.
Speaker 5: Well, the first fight was closer than the judges made it seems so he was like, you know what, it don't need me to get back in that ring.
Speaker 1: That's the fact, especially when he had like, you know, somewhat to comparable money. I mean, like, you know what I'm saying, just a little bit more money to fight somebody that's not damaging to his legacy or nothing like that. But it is what it is. You know, how do you know how many times I talk about this, you know what I mean? Everybody asked me about this, Like I just like, it's it's over. It like it been over for me, but everybody still stuck on it because everybody don't get the answers. But you know, it's like my career never going to be based on just one you know, just that one fight. It's cool, like it's over. I'm on the bigger and better.
Speaker 5: Was it from a boxing perspective?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: What do you think Tank felt in that first fight that made him and his team be like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: For sure he felt that heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the rematch clause. I always start with a rematch clause. If there is a draw, nine times out of tenant has to be retaken. But I guess that's not it at all.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily has to. Like so for instance, me and him and in our contract and his rematch, the rematch clause is on him to activate or that he activated it, and that's the only problem. So you know, like that's that's where we have the issue, Like he initiated the rematch clause, so we are contracted to fight again. Then that's when all the problems happened.
Speaker 5: So so what did you learn about how elite level fights actually get made or don't get made from that situation?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been new. I mean as soon as you get into the sport, like if you a guy us into the business and want to know, like you know what I'm saying, what's going on. You know my team they are very transparent with me and what's going on behind the scenes and all that. So you know, I've been new. It's just like when that high been is that's something that's not supposed to happen. So you know that's you just deal with it accordingly.
Speaker 6: Did your strategy on change or choosing your fights after that fight change at all? Because of like what the conversation was around you? How for a lot of people it shifted, Like a lot of people got to see you and really know like, Okay, we can't play with him.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, that's more so if they willing to take on the fights from that. So that's why a lot of people, I'm actually surprised that pit Bull took this fight. MM are you surprised?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Pit Bull is like he one of them guys are not really caught up into I want to say, wins and losses and trying to protect like protect his record. He want to be the next Mexican boxing superstar, so he going to do what he wanted, like the things that he think he needed to do to become that.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, you're well, you're't nervous for the fire, You're nervous, No, I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 5: They don't stop.
Speaker 1: Constant pressure for sure. But you know, I've been there before. I done fought the Pitbull style ever since I've been a kid. So it ain't nothing that I can't handle, you know. And I got ten ways to when he got one. So it's cool. We're gonna exploit that real, real, real fashionable and and real exciting. Like on December sixth.
Speaker 5: You've talked about wanting to prove you wanted the best in the division. So I just beating the Cruise contributed to that.
Speaker 1: Because this is my third division, in my third consecutive fight. My last fight was I just moved up to thirty five. That's probably why. That's probably why just was saying I was. You know what I'm saying. I was. You probably thought I was too small. I don't know, you know what I'm saying. But now moving up again to one forty, I just want to be known that one of the best, like Pam for pounds so people, Cruise has an intern world championship at one for If I once I get that title, it's just like the playing field is crazy, and then I can fight the guys who they consider the best at won thirty five, won forty whatever, occasionally.
Speaker 2: Be So I was gonna ask, so, what's your goal? I know you think ahead of time, So what do you want to do? Where do you see the next couple of years? Where do you want to be?
Speaker 1: I want to be a multi division world champion. Hopefully after I be people, we go straight into the WBC full World Championship fight. If not, I'm gonna go back to thirty five and challenge of a title holder who's willing to fight me for championship.
Speaker 2: Boxing still fun because it feels like now people pick their fights. It doesn't feel like it's like that, though, But it seems like worse than the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Nah that I mean boxing has been getting back to where it's supposed to be. I think. So it's been a lot of good fights happening, and more it been. It been more good fights happening. Actually, they've been getting made. So I think it's on the way. It's just a little it's just like little bumps, like it's it's like it should be obvious that two people sometimes two people that are the best at one division and they don't fight each other. But that's been happening for a long time. So but it's getting better. I ain't gonna lie, it's getting better.
Speaker 5: What makes you confident you can make Cruise uncomfortable for the first time? They always say he makes people uncomfortable. Are you gonna make him uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: He ain't never felt this thunder man, He never felt this thunder But I'm just gonna attack. I'm just going to attack from all angles, just be very versatile. And then some things that he probably not gonna expect gonna hit him like really where it hurt. Like I think he thinks he gonna be the bully in there, and that's that's not gonna happen. Like I'm gonna be in control, whether I'm going forward, whether I'm going backwards, whatever the case may be. But I know that he gonna be right there in front of me to get hit.
Speaker 5: Do you see this fight being one with like ring IQ or you gotta go in there and bang.
Speaker 1: With ring IQ for sure? That's off top though, that's automatic. Now if I bang with him, it's gonna be strategic. And then I'm like, you know what I'm saying, Like you never know, he a tough cookie, so you know he just if anything, he just gonna get beat up for Twitter Ron damn not a fact.
Speaker 5: So when you're getting ring with somebody like him, how do you how do you control the pace instead of fighting his.
Speaker 1: Fight a movement, you know, punch selection, shouit, a little clinch every once and every once in a while, you know, just make a frustrated make like people get frustrated when you can't hit someone. I think my defense is well enough to you know, make him uncomfortable, you know, I come back with shots, he'd be like, all right, maybe I don't want throw that no more. So just little stuff.
Speaker 4: Was it easy? Is it easier going up in weight versus coming down? Like how far? How hard is that of a task to play with your weight?
Speaker 1: Just being like so yeah, technically all right, so nine times out of ten, your average boxer don't fight at the weight. He walked around that. So it's not like I'm gaining weight. I still gotta lose weight, which is not as much. So it's less stressful, you know, it's I get to retain more muscle mass stuff like that. It's just you know, how how far are you willing to push yourself to go? Because they all big. I ain't gonna lie some of them big people will just happen to be short.
Speaker 3: So that it is in your diet, it's in your exercise, like your workouts, Like yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's definitely in the so like all right, when I was making one thirty, it was definitely like when the fight got announced, I started losing weight immediately, and I was when I thought that my last fight at won thirty five. The weight was so easy to make because I had five less panents to lose, so I was still kind of doing the same thing, but uh, you know, I had more room to play with, and I definitely wasn't on the last day, like all right, do I gotta work out or do I just go to sleep? You know what I'm saying. So so you know, it's just it's comfortability, and I think I'm stronger. I'm definitely think I'm strong enough. I'm damn sure good enough of a boxer to fight at one forty. So that's what's really gonna carry me.
Speaker 6: I was watching a former fighter last night talk about how he went through a eating disorder because of the losing weight gain and weight, losing weight gain of weight. I don't know if that's something you've ever dealt with, but like mentally, like Howard, because you got Thanksgiving and like you got to live a regular life too, Like how do you during that lock and face? Like what's that mental battle? Like of like being hungry?
Speaker 5: Last week?
Speaker 1: Who me? I had a y You want to see my plate play? I Thanksgiving twice. I had things giving twice in this camp.
Speaker 6: So then you're not eating nothing, so you can't even breathe.
Speaker 1: This week, I can eat, but I still work out, work out every day.
Speaker 4: How does that work though, Because I mean.
Speaker 1: It's about it's about what you eat, time you eat, how hard you work, and like you know, if you if you losing more calories than you putting it, and then it all balanced out. And I don't eat that much. I don't eat like a big feast every day. It's strategic, like I eat probably breakfast the fuel me for a sparring day, and then I eat dinner like with little snacks in between or whatever the case may be. But and I'm always and I'm always hydrated, Like I drink a guy in the water every day. I'm still drinking a guy in the water to day and I'm only what three pounds out? Only got three pounds to lose. I could lose that today and way in tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So how's your mental thing that's going on in DC? And then you got the fight coming up? Then you know, holidays, everything is it's been a little up and down in DC.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, it's been it's been a little crazy. A National Guard got hit and it's been a little crazy. Our city is. You know, sometimes you be thinking it's on the right path to you know, chilling out and the next thing you know, boom, uh it's it's just been running wild and young is going crazy down there. So you know, as part of being like a figure, I try to, you know, step in and do community outreach. I try to, you know, push positivity all the time, like throughout the city. It's just you know they're gonna get it sooner or later. Maybe not, but you know, the ball keep rolling so uh. You know, it doesn't necessarily affect me like hit me at like hit home, but when I do go back home, it's just like all right. I mean, I mean calling my security real quick because you know I'm trying to go. Hear him trying to go there. You know, it's it's it's crazy. But other than that, you know, I'm locked in. I'm always locked in.
Speaker 5: I've heard you talk about fighters underestimating your power. I don't feel like anybody can underestimate you have to watch in the tank fight. But do you think Cruz is making that mistake?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he better than that, I'll tell you that, but I don't think so. I think he knows what's at stake, and I think he it's so adamant on like really becoming like, you know, the next Mexican superstar. I think that they train is super hard. I think that they know the fact that, you know, what I did in my last fight and in comparison to what he did when he full tank if it was just like, you know, like a different fight. So I think I think they I think they're not underestimate the power. And if they are, he might go to sleep.
Speaker 5: So the Tank fight expose you, but in a good way.
Speaker 1: For sure exposed me to the world. So uh, you know, now it's more eyes on me now.
Speaker 5: Fighters probably ain't sleeping on you, like not saying they were sleeping on you before, but it's a different approach when they see how you got in the ring with Tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I mean, but some of the fighters knew, like because they're in boxing, so they are they knew. But it's just the spectators. It's just the casual fans. It's the fans that really don't tune in the boxing unless it's like super pay per view or whatever the case may be. This my second time hereline the pay per view on the row.
Speaker 2: So I's gonna deal with the Mexican fan base because the Mexican fan base.
Speaker 4: Will be loud.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be loud cheering for me after I went for Chure. Yeah, it's gonna be a good holiday season for me.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is the specific weakness weakness you see in crewis that fans might be over Uh.
Speaker 1: His weakness is a strong point. He liked to fight.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm yeah we start fasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, he liked to fight. So he make a lot of mistakes and I'm just gonna capitalize him.
Speaker 5: So you're preparing for like that, that that storm early that, Yeah, you ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no time.
Speaker 5: I ain't.
Speaker 1: I've been in camp spawn with dudes that fight just like him, bigger than him, stronger than him. So you know, I ain't do all that for nothing. Damn man, who walk you out? Who walking me out?
Speaker 2: But you said it like you want to walk out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got you got?
Speaker 5: I ain't know.
Speaker 3: You know, it's always a sometimes the boxes had a rapper, you know, walk out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna have somebody walking out, somebody from home, somebody walk me out.
Speaker 6: When you did you said this is your fake, your second paper view fight. When you did the fight with Tank when the fight with Jake Paul got canceled. A lot of what he was saying was like, Tank was so difficult to fight on the business side, like just all of the spectators, like all that stuff. Did you experience that? And if so, what do you do differently this time around on the business side? So it's not as difficult.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent for a fact that we dealt with We dealt with that, yes, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't. That's necessarily deal with that moving forward because most people are professional, most people are punctual. Most people have their team ready to walk and road. So it's, you know, depending on what you're dealing with. On the other side, that was nothing I could control, obviously, just like Jake couldn't control. Would you fight him?
Speaker 2: If the opportunity game? Would you fight him?
Speaker 5: Would you want to.
Speaker 1: Close that chapter? I mean, yeah, I would, but I know it ain't gonna happen. No, wh whit wouldn't He told y'all out of his own mouth, or at least tweeted it that he not. It's I should believe him.
Speaker 5: Damn. What do you think of the Jake Paul Anthony Joshua fight? It's from a boxing perspective.
Speaker 1: I think Jake Paul is crazy and he gonna get it as murder.
Speaker 5: Don't you like a white boy that's not afraid to die?
Speaker 1: It's no, it's crazy. He is crazy. But I get it though. If you're gonna go, if you're gonna go from a superstar in boxing to the fighting can suit and you're gonna fight a real fighter, why don't you I get weight? He going big? He going the biggest of the big. You want Olympic gold medalist at heavyweight, you're going two time world champion and unified world champion at heavyweight. And he is superstar in the UK and everybody a lot of people know him here. So I get it. He sold out to what the O two so without Whimbley that crazy.
Speaker 5: Like he got like seven like seven different fights that had like a million plus people people.
Speaker 1: He goes, I'm telling you crazy, telling you so, I get it. On a business standpoint, physically and mentally emotionally, he's gonna be fucked up.
Speaker 2: Is it worth it?
Speaker 5: Because I think I saw the number was ninety five. He was getting plus bonuses. Jay Both, Yeah, that's what I saw. I don't know if that's true or that I saw it. I saw both of them. Was getting like ninety to ninety five million apiece.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. That might be cap. Yeah, that's so, that might be cap. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 5: AJ makes a lot of money already.
Speaker 1: J makes a lot of money.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. But and Eddie, Eddie heardson when he saw the number, he called a j like, Okay, we gotta do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. Yeah, because he money hungry. Damn I think it's worth it. Hell yeah, jump in. It's only gonna as the Snugger's gonna be quick.
Speaker 5: Yes, But you say, like, he's not getting hit by like a mack truck, bro.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 5: This is different man, he is.
Speaker 1: But they say, they say, you're right. Nah, he's not gonna get that much punishment. It's gonna take one over with that's the that's the best way to go. What if j Paul wins. What if we start flying right now talking about about what are we talking about?
Speaker 5: People who don't watch boxing don't understand that like this is that that's insane. It's not happening.
Speaker 6: Because Jake quire so many fans that aren't boxing fans or just Jake Paul fans, right, him losing like him losing, how much does that mess up anything for him? Because boxers y'all care a lot when y'all lose, he is a bit.
Speaker 1: It was over for him if he loses, but key words, if it won't happen. But and then when it come close to you talking about.
Speaker 6: Jake loses, what does it do to him?
Speaker 1: He's supposed to what I'm saying. That's why I said it's worth it. He's supposed to lose getting paid, getting paid, and he gonna fight. He's gonna fight the former unified heavyweight world champion in the world, former two time world champion and heavyweight former Olympic gold medalist. That is, in itself just like getting in a ring with that guy is you know, probably the upside the accomplishment and.
Speaker 5: He's still active. This ain't like God bless my tax, but it ain't like ain't outside right now.
Speaker 1: For sure, And Jake gonna be outside a minute too.
Speaker 5: What's your motivation for a fight like Cruise? Because I feel like with Tank you felt overlooked in that matchup and that was like the chip on your shoulders. What's that with the Cruise fight.
Speaker 1: I still carry that chip regardless. Vegas did do the right thing and made me finally the favorite. But you know, I'm not too much worried about that. I know I was considered the underdog, and you know, two world title fights, three world title fights, so you know, they just they had me messed up and that was a little extra, little boost, a little kick. But you know, it's still people saying that, oh, I'm not gonna be able to deal with Cruiser's power, I'm not gonna be able to deal with Pitbull just coming forward and all this and all that. Those people got me fucked up to They they they got me messed up too. So it's just like it's like, you know, damn if you do, damn if you don't, I'm always gonna do.
Speaker 5: Where does this fight rank emotionally for you? Like, is this the biggest moment of your career?
Speaker 1: I think it's just probably the biggest moment in my career because it's gonna catapult me into that stage where all right, here's your new American champions Star. Again. If this paper view does well, which I think it will, it's almost on the verge of selling out So if I can do this capitalize look good, they're gonna want to see me in there with chicour you know the other just just names period and guys that are champions, and that's what I want to do. So it's going to be me becoming a spectacle of the sport and what comes with that comes more money, so you know uh, and that's going to be the This is like the legacy run of my career, which I tried to I told y'all last time, like it's it's on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wish you the best next Saturday in Texas. This Saturday in Texas, Lamar Rose Junior fighting Pitbull Cruise and we wish you the best.
Speaker 1: It's on Amazon Prime with's you the best of them. Thank you man, I appreciate it. Yes, sir, I got one last on fight night.
Speaker 5: Fans are gonna walk away saying blank about Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's a bad motherfucker. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He proved me wrong once, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to say sorry. I already already hit him a.
Speaker 4: Morning, get him.
Speaker 1: Respect, respect.
Speaker 2: It's Tomorrow's Junius. The Breakfast Club, Good morning every day.
Speaker 5: A week ago.
Speaker 1: Click yours up the Breakfast Club. You're finish for y'all.
Speaker 4: Done,