Speaker 1: Second date, update date. We've been doing these long enough to know that people fib on their dating profiles. Yeah, and sooner or later they're probably gonna get caught. Yeah, it doesn't matter if that happens on your first date or four months into the relationship when you say, Hey, so those noises upstairs aren't actually rodents. It's my other secret family. So I just got to go back up there for dessert in like five minutes, and then I'll come back down. We can go out holding just like I promised.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to be living with their parents Jeffrey, not a whole other family eventually.
Speaker 1: And today our listener Ray says he's worried his lie may come back to Biden and he wants to nip it in the bud today. We're gonna figure out what's going on in a second. But first, Ray, welcome to the Showy.
Speaker 2: How you doing, oh Man, Probably better than you, Ray, I mean, if you're coming on, you admit that you lied about something.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I just kind of have like all this guilt, and I know this isn't really like the normal process.
Speaker 1: Are you talking in hush tones? Because your secret family is in the other room and they're going to hear this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, just a little nervous. I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a safe space. You can be honest with us and we'll try not to judge you. But before we get into the whole thing, what is this girl's name that you went out with? Why do you think she's not calling you back?
Speaker 4: Well, well, she calling me back.
Speaker 3: Oh she is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she wants to definitely continue in.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's her name?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, I heard her name is Zoe?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So you're you're excited about that piece, right that she wants to see you again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, excited about that.
Speaker 1: We don't do a lot of second date updates where the other person wants to go out on another date but they're calling us anyway. This is like a big, big, crazy lie, like I'm a completely different identity, or just like, oh I have a six toe I didn't talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you'll have to be the judge of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe maybe we're asking too many questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted you to be on record. He just asked us to judge him. Okay, So whatever happened next, you asked me.
Speaker 1: Let's maybe start at the beginning with how you and Zoe we met and what you did for your date.
Speaker 4: So we met online? Yeah, I mean we started talking and we went out to this like this real fancy Italian restaurant.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you want to do impress or was that your idea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was kind of the goal. But I think I made a mistake. You know, I just on my online profile, you know, I had this little section that says that I won the lottery. Oh god, and I actually did. I won the lottery a couple of years back.
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 4: Around two million dollars oralations?
Speaker 1: Man, I was expecting like a technicality, like I won the lottery, the genetic lottery.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be like five bucks scratch ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but two million dollars that's some serious cast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was great while it lasted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, already blown through two million dollars.
Speaker 5: Buy a house.
Speaker 4: Well I wish, I wish I bought a house.
Speaker 3: So you're one of those lottery ruined my life, Candada.
Speaker 1: You blew the money on something else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bought this really cool hovercraftcraft. It's a boat that can like drive on like land and water.
Speaker 5: Like one of those swamp boats things.
Speaker 1: I would I would show up to work in a hovercraft and feel pretty good about myself. Practical. I mean no, I didn't say it was practical. I would just feel cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you don't have a house to store the hovercraft at.
Speaker 3: So what else did you get?
Speaker 4: So I would? I hit another boat? And then I got sued.
Speaker 1: Oh you crashed your okay, okay, and I'm guessing you didn't have insurance on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my gosh, it.
Speaker 3: Was kind of a vehicle thing. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Why would you put this on your dating profile if you don't have any money left?
Speaker 3: But there's funny prompts like true in a lie and stuff.
Speaker 5: I think this would be good for that.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it's sending out the message that I am rich?
Speaker 5: Well, maybe I'm not financially responsible.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny to say you.
Speaker 5: Crash something out.
Speaker 1: It's a good question from Brooke there. Why did you put it on your profile?
Speaker 4: It's not a lie? I mean I did win it, and I guess maybe if I want it once before, I might be prone to winning it again.
Speaker 1: You're a lucky guy and girls should should know that about you. So how does all of this relate to your date or whatever happened between you and Zoe?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's the thing is because you went to this bougie place and that she might, you know, have this expectation.
Speaker 5: You know, did you guys talk about it on your date?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we talked about it, but you know, I didn't say that I'm basically broke now, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's a cool story, like, how did you win in?
Speaker 5: What was your reaction?
Speaker 1: What's the first thing you buy?
Speaker 5: It's a good conversation.
Speaker 2: I think it's a huge red flag that he spent all the money, that there's nothing left.
Speaker 3: I mean, just that you're not very fiscally responsible.
Speaker 1: It's the cool start of a story, but with a very very sad ending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could have done a lot more with that.
Speaker 1: And so now clearly you're worried that she's going to find this out about you, that you blew your two million dollars.
Speaker 3: I hope he's worried that he has to tell her the truth.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Well, yeah, I'm really not worried about any of that. I'm just worried about her expectations and more expensive dates that I really can't afford.
Speaker 3: Okay, so did you actually call it? Because you know, we give a free gift card at the end of is that what's going.
Speaker 4: On the gift card wouldn't hurt right now, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here though? Because she already wants to go out with you? So what's our question for her?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm hoping that when you ask her about the date, she likes me for me and not really my money, and that's the case that we can continue. And that's what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 3: A questions get the vibe you're trying to read the room.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna call Zoe and try to get her to vastly lower her expectations on you and still want to go out with you when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, man, hold on second date update if you're just joining us. We got a lottery winner on the phone with us right now who took home two million bucks a few years ago. Unfortunately, he blew pretty much all of it, quote a bunch of dumb crap, including a hovercraft that he ended up crashing into a boat. Yeah, yeah, with their insurance. So but look, he seems like a really good hearted dude who met a nice woman recently named Zoe. She already wants to see him again, but he's a little bit worried that the expectations of dating a millionaire because she doesn't know that he blew all the money yet. Yeah, that could break them before they even get started on this relationship.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing. It does kind of feel like a lie.
Speaker 2: Even though you did win the lottery, Like the way you're portraying isn't fully honest.
Speaker 1: But Brooke, he shouldn't be on his profile like, hey, by the way, I'm broke after winning the lottery. I mean honest, you wanted to be funny but not romantic, Like, no girl's gonna swipe on that.
Speaker 3: I know, But don't you feel like, I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh god, see if you have a net worth of under five million dollars. She refuses to remember.
Speaker 4: Who you are.
Speaker 1: I don't think I remember either. No, it's h I got this, it's Ray.
Speaker 5: Look at his notes.
Speaker 2: I wrote it down right, job, Ray, I heard lottery winner and everything else went blank. Ray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have to see. Most people, that's all they could think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just for the record, I never lied.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm just saying you kind of misrepresented the fight. She thought he only won ten dollars.
Speaker 4: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We stop doubling down on Ray here and call Zoe. And remember, we're trying to figure out if she really likes Ray for Ray or if she was just mesmerized by the lottery winner.
Speaker 2: If she thought she won the dating lottery a lottery winner.
Speaker 1: All right, So here we are. I'm in the dillary number right now. Hello, Hi, We're looking for Zoee. Hey, Zoe. I'm calling from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Zoe on the air with us.
Speaker 1: You might see my face up on a billboard in a city near you. We have been on billboard.
Speaker 5: Upside down on a billboard one time.
Speaker 2: It was an accident, but do you know what, I thought, I got more intention than we were right side.
Speaker 1: Everyone remembers that one, but Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. And we're good friends with a guy that you know named Ray.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hi, Yeah, hello, Hi, I.
Speaker 3: Know Ray, cute Ray that you went on a date with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, And we heard a little bit about the date. Ray said he had a blast with you at dinner the other night and wants to see you again.
Speaker 6: Well that's great, but he's not showing it because I've been trying to hang out with him again and he's not responding.
Speaker 3: I see, Yeah, I know he actually had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he knows that you've been wanting to see him. Ray is just kind of like a reserved type of guy though, and he needs like a third party to come and help engage. Like what you really think about him?
Speaker 6: So you guys are like his assistants, like for.
Speaker 2: Him here than our own and this is free, but yeah, we're paid.
Speaker 1: We're doing this out of the kindness of our hearts.
Speaker 3: He just seems like a nice guy who's interested in you.
Speaker 1: And so what do you think about Ray?
Speaker 6: I mean, I had a good time. I've been wanting to get together with him again.
Speaker 3: Okay, Can I ask what did you like about him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He just like was nice and normal and he had some really interesting things about himself, you know other people don't have and so he was unique in that way. Well, it was cool. He told me that he won the lottery at some point, and you know, I played thrash off like every week and I was just like, Oh, that's so cool that someone actually won like you exist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't find that part very interesting about him. I was more focused on his personality, Like if him and I were like best friends, that wouldn't be the first thing that I would mention about Ray.
Speaker 5: Really, I feel cold came up when'm drunk.
Speaker 4: If I.
Speaker 5: Make money.
Speaker 1: That just speaks to the type of person. That's the thing is, Zoe. Ray has had some bad experiences before with women who maybe were in it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean at this age in our lives, we've all had bad experiences with people.
Speaker 4: And sure, so.
Speaker 1: Let's say that Ray was the same exact guy that you went out with to dinner the other night, but he did not have the lottery attached. Would you still like him?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's like part of who he is, and that's like part of his story.
Speaker 1: Like I true, that's a small part though if you cut that part out, would you still love Ray?
Speaker 4: For Ray?
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't love anyone yet. Let's just be clear. I enjoyed getting to know him, and I wanted to go on another date with him.
Speaker 2: So, but if you took I think what Jeffrey's asking is, if the lottery wasn't involved at all, would you still want to go out another day with him?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: Are you telling me that he didn't win a lottery?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, that's totally true.
Speaker 5: He won the lottery a while ago.
Speaker 3: Some of the expectations that come with winning aren't what.
Speaker 1: I know, it's complicated. It's kind of hard for us to tell you. It'd be easier to just let Ray explain it himself because he's on the other line listening right now.
Speaker 6: What in the world is going on?
Speaker 4: This is like super weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second day calls do get kind of weird sometimes, but Ray really is there and he wants to speak with you.
Speaker 4: Ray, Zoe, how you doing super confused?
Speaker 6: How are you doing right?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for all this, you know, I just wanted to really just try to, you know, understand how genuine you are in liking me. Yeah, okay, you know, so it's true I did win the lottery, but I also you know, I don't have any any of the money left over. Employ it not a.
Speaker 5: Lot you we're just going to drop that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have any of it at all.
Speaker 3: There's the truth.
Speaker 1: Okay. We put it all out there for you, Zoe.
Speaker 3: Okay, which is admirable that.
Speaker 1: He lost all his money, I guess fun money anyway.
Speaker 3: And he's coming clean. So he's coming clean.
Speaker 6: No, that's nice, Like I appreciate that he's coming clean, but like, why did you lie to me? Yeah, it's like if I put a profile picture up of me weighing fifty extra pounds than I do now, Like at one point I was that skinny, you mean less.
Speaker 1: Should he have sent you a picture of his wallet before you guys met up, just to prove it.
Speaker 3: I think she's saying he's sending himself wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's more of like a fun story that I have. You know, I never once said that I still had the money.
Speaker 6: Well, you took me out to a beautiful restaurant and acted like you had a bunch of money. And I'm not I'm not trying to say that I'm after your money, but like when you sweep a woman off of her feet, you're giving her an expectation.
Speaker 4: Well, you can't be after my money because I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think she said she wasn't after your money, Like I'm being honest, I'm more concerned about your character.
Speaker 1: Why why are you serious because he's a former millionaire and not a current millionaire.
Speaker 2: Because he's representing himself as a millionaire and he's not.
Speaker 1: She's got a nice first date.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 5: Well, Chipotle, how.
Speaker 3: Much of the conversation was about the lottery?
Speaker 6: It wasn't like the first thing that we talked about, but you know, you talk about things that are on the profile. So it was like, how did you win? What game did you play?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: What were your numbers?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: I play. I want to know.
Speaker 5: It's a fun game to play.
Speaker 1: Even when you don't win.
Speaker 5: Guys like, if you want to know what it's about?
Speaker 4: Though, Well, hey, you know, I'm just letting you know I'm not. I'm not done playing the lottery. I mean there's a chance that I still really could win again. And that's your selling point again, bro, you know, I mean a couple of hundred bucks a week or something much.
Speaker 3: You told us you were broke.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm broke after I buy the tickets, but not before.
Speaker 1: You're putting all of your financial future into the lotto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I said, before I got lucky. Once, it'll happen again.
Speaker 5: That's what they say.
Speaker 1: Lightning always strikes in the same place two times every time.
Speaker 2: Always, And I'm sure that's what any financial advisor would would tell you.
Speaker 1: And this is just like your first date. It's going to strike a second time as soon as we offer to send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 4: And they promised the gift cards too, so we don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I'm being honest like Ray, I would want you to become an adult before we ever want on a second date again.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Ray, I'm sorry. Man, looks like she doesn't want to go out with you after all.
Speaker 4: That's what I called the kind of figure should be a gold digger.
Speaker 6: You're an idiot, got it?
Speaker 3: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I feel really bad for and for all of the listeners who have reached out for help lately, because this is the fourth listener in a row Brooks called a liar.
Speaker 3: Here's a liar. I never said that he told the truth. He just misrepresented himself.
Speaker 1: That is different to represent himself.
Speaker 3: He pretended like he was rich.
Speaker 1: No he didn't, Yes, he did.
Speaker 3: He took her out to a nice restaurant.
Speaker 5: He bragged that he won the lottery.
Speaker 1: I mean he didn't brag. He told the truth that he won the lottery. Once. The app is meant to tell funny, like a captivating story to catch somebody's interest, to get the party started. That's how it works. But the thing is, he just wanted a genuine call to gauge like how this woman really felt about him as a person, and she didn't really care about him as a person. She just cared. No, she didn't. Yes, I gut if we had called her and said that he took his two million dollars and invested it wisely, so he's not worth two million, he's worth ten million. That would be a different type of live.
Speaker 2: She was okay with it till he said he gambles every day. I don't know why you're like sticking up for him so much, because somebody needs.
Speaker 1: To stand up for our listeners, whether or not they're in the right. Nobody's perfect, and we understand that at least three fourths of us do. So come on this show if you need help with your dating life, or hey, listen, I won the lottery.
Speaker 2: Once I got two bucks off a scratcher, so now I could claim that as well, right, Jeffrey, under your under yours.
Speaker 1: And you are kind of but we promise will help you. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning