Speaker 1: Oh for crying out loud.
Speaker 2: Just stop.
Speaker 1: It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and.
Speaker 3: Started a special, a special Michelangelo hosted One More Thing podcast. But before we get to that, we have lost one of the great voice actors in cartoon history.
Speaker 2: Morning John Redcorn.
Speaker 3: Oh, Peggy, just dropping off a new healing or for Nancy to help with their migraines.
Speaker 2: Kinko Biloba. Oh yeah, uh huh sure, I've heard of that kidnap his jeep.
Speaker 3: So, the actor who played John Redcorn in King of the Hill has died. He was shot to death by his neighbor, which is a horrible story. I've gotten some sort of disagreement in his neighbor shot him, but I just thought it was a good excuse to play anything from King of the one more John Redcorn clip.
Speaker 2: Thank God you're here, John Redcorn.
Speaker 1: Nancy won't come out of the bug of Bago.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Nancy has a headache and requires treatment. I will need about an hour and a bottle of USTe spumanti.
Speaker 1: I'll get it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: King of the Hill, So my son is on a King of the hillkick and anytime I log any time with it, like I'm walking through the living room and watch part of an episode with him. That show is so freaking funny.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it really is.
Speaker 3: But the idea that Dale and his wife have one child who is an Indian looking kid and looks just like John Redcorn who comes and helps his wife with their migraines is too much.
Speaker 2: All hours of the day and night. Oh that is.
Speaker 3: Rough anyway, Rest in peace, the voice of John Redcorn back to you, Michael.
Speaker 1: All right, So I went to a high school graduation on this past week.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: So it was one hundred degree weather. I'm sitting on metal bleachers, which is hard to do when you're your fifties.
Speaker 2: Was it outside?
Speaker 1: It was outside the undred two degree weather in direct sunlight.
Speaker 2: Oh boy?
Speaker 1: The great people watching is like a state fair crowd because you see everybody's families, and you know, everyone's family is goofy and so a lot of extended family there. So the stadium is just packed. But you were talking about earlier in the show.
Speaker 3: About was everybody wearing a hat and trying to stay live hat and not.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of skimpy dresses and some people shouldn't be wearing this stuff because there's a hundred degrees and they're just you know, letting it all hang out.
Speaker 2: Judging Mcjudgerson. Well, body sham. I get a graduation anyway.
Speaker 1: But they had a school band that has to play all the music. Like you had mentioned, you get ready, this was the worst high school band I've ever know. It was so bad that people in the crowd were either cringing or laughing. One person yelled, just play the radio.
Speaker 2: Which what was the band playing? Pumping?
Speaker 1: Yes, but they couldn't play it at all. It was literally like our show open on Monday mornings. That band. Yeah, it literally sounded the same.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's because I've played that as Joe has. It's not a difficult song.
Speaker 1: But I guess it's people that were there because they have high school football games. They said, we have the worst band in the like in the city. It has been like this all year long. I guess they have not gotten any better at all.
Speaker 2: It's horrible. That's on the teacher. Yeah, it's on the band, teacher. And you got to practice at home. Kids.
Speaker 4: Come on, I tell you that every day and nobody does. So to hell with you. I'm going to my office to drink.
Speaker 3: I remember when we did it in a high school band, because you play for like a half an hour. To give everybody a rest, we'd like break into groups, so like you didn't have to play for this segment. Well, these guys played and then they they would take a rest in you'd play because you couldn't just play NonStop with if you used your lips for your instrument, like we trumpet players, did you get too tired. But they just just couldn't play.
Speaker 1: Or they could not play were they just people would be off key or it didn't matter. It just sounded terrible.
Speaker 2: That's awful. That'd be amusing. I hate to hear that.
Speaker 3: The poor kids out there drying sitting in the heat. Maybe the heat it's hard to stay in tune when it's that hot.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess they're really just bad, you know. I had several people say, yeah, I've been at all the football games. Our football team is great, our band is awful. So I've just never seen, you know, a band not get any better from the start of school to graduate.
Speaker 3: I remember when our band was worse, the marching band, because we would play outside, not in the heat, but the freezing cold, and sometimes a football game. It might be fifteen blow zero with the windshill, and you had to carry your mouthpiece like in your pocket or keep it in your hand to have it warm enough. And then it's time to play, you'd quick put it on your horn. But and like the wind blowing and it's so cold, and you could tell the sound wasn't going more than like six inches out of your horn before it stops, so nobody could probably hear you anyway.
Speaker 4: Well right, yeah, the wind would be blowing in the wrong direction away from those stands and they could barely hear that you were playing. Oh yeah, man, that was tough duty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my nephew was graduating and he graduated with honors and is you know, everybody's really excited. We had our whole family there. But we got these special horns that I guess are extra loud. I didn't realize how loud they were. And we had cowbells and so they call his name and it was like a train had just you know, was coming at you and it scared the rest of the crowd that was next.
Speaker 2: It was so loud like air horns. Oh yeah, So did lots of people do this or were you the only ones?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Quite a few people.
Speaker 2: That's a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well, like when I graduated high school, maybe none of the parents liked their kids, but we all just everybody just sat there quietly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in fact, there was no they told you no applause until.
Speaker 2: All the graduates. It's across the stage. There's much more decorum.
Speaker 1: And oh no, people are popping things now, loud poppers.
Speaker 2: So how big a crowd you can gather to celebrate you?
Speaker 5: Yes, your name is Popularity contest right up to the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, exactly, might as well take that hole. Who's popular, who's not? Clear to the last moment of high school life. Oh, you've got a big family with who's willing to spend the money on the horns? And I don't great, Well miss you all, you bastards. My family had cow bell.
Speaker 2: How'd you do? Yeah exactly, Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 4: I really don't like the noise. You've got a big family and they all came great. You know what I know? Jenny her pa is like two point one and she's a bit of a slut, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who's clipping. I like what you said, Katie.
Speaker 3: Popularity contest, right up to the final moment of being a high schooler. Yes, let's just finish it off with yet one more who's ranked where in the populace.
Speaker 4: Actually, let's have a final look at status before we all go on to our future.
Speaker 3: Lives and which at which time, By the way, all that status will change dramatically for the rest now right.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, when the kids got their names yelled, you know, when they were announced to walk down the stage, they were either really embarrassed or you know, laughing, having a good time. But some of them, you know, they the crowd would share form and they were just horrified. You could just tell they did.
Speaker 3: That's become a thing, and it may have been the thing for the last thirty years, because I graduated a long time ago. But we were a couple of things over the weekend. We came across where there were big parties going on, and I was explaining to my son about how some people are just throw a party people and some people aren't. I mean, I said, you come from a long line if we don't really have parties for this sort of thing, like maybe with the immediately fam Meeta family, but like there was this room that gets rented out near where I live they'd rented out a room and there must have been fifty people there from some seventh grade girl who's becoming an eighth grader or whatever, and they threw a giant party because some people just like any reason for celebration. It's like a gender reveal. My wife and I, you know, we looked at the paper ourselves and we went to eat, and you know how we're having a boy. But some people decide to have a party and invite fifty people, which is fine, not against it. It's just you're either that kind of person or you're not that you have a giant bringing everybody in for everything you do. Because like I said to my son, you know, all the other seventh grade girls are moving on to eighth grade two they're probably not having parties, but this girl is for whatever is.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny, you should bring that up. I was daydreaming over the weekend. I attended a social function, which was fine, it was good, but I can only you know, hang for a certain amount of time as an introvert, and I was thinking I should ask chat GPT to help me design an organization for introverts and how we would have meetings, how to finesse that I'm thinking it would have to do with quite small groups for one thing. I mean you might have like the initial quick meetup, but then you'd go into small groups that you can deal with because loud clamoring, yelling, everybody shouting small talk at each other stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm sorry, I murdered that guy. Just execute me? What should just make this stop?
Speaker 4: There's there's got to be a way to get because even introverts need human contact. That's just that most human contact is administered. It's run by.
Speaker 3: Extroverts, right, and they think the more the merrier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna work on this project. This could be my zillion dollar idea because I would become kind of the guru of it, and I would like the my name would be attached to it. And yeah, it'd be like the abundance thing or what else has been a hot trend lately, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So like if you get if you get pregnicaated b red girl summer, I would be this summer's bread girl. Wow, you become pregnicatd well, you have a big gender reveal party with lots of people, Like, I'm not disparaging and it's just you're either that kind of person or you're not.
Speaker 2: No, I will not, I will not.
Speaker 5: I I don't know because I actually I just went to one recently, and then like three weeks later it was the bridal shower or not bridle shower, baby shower. So it was like one thing after the next. No, I'm good, we'll we'll do it privately.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: People I've known we're into that thing. There's always some reason. So you can have one like practically once a month.
Speaker 2: If you like it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.