Speaker 1: While they were within the community, they were having drunk sex parties.
Speaker 2: Oh man, why'd you leave.
Speaker 1: Because the people having the drunk sex parties left?
Speaker 2: Oh man? Well, did did you gonna invite it after the fact, Like, once you finally left, did they invite you?
Speaker 1: Not exactly, They're not really doing that anymore. I did get a lap dance from a witch once with one of those friends, So that was that was sort of a moment where I was like, Hey, this is probably as far as from I ever thought I would be.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a lap dance from a witch? What did that entail? Dylan?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: How are you? Dylan?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am a gecko on the computer. I wonder how many more times I can say that before it gets old. What's going on with you? Dylan?
Speaker 1: Do you want to start broadly or right now?
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's a really good question. Do I want to start broadly or right now? I kind of want to start with you know what, Let's start broadly? Okay, Well, I mean listen, it says here that you left the Jehovah's Witnesses a couple of years ago, and you want to talk about that? Yes, yes, broadly, you know what, let's get into it. Tell me, tell me about the JW.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I know you've had some people on here or had experience with it. I mean, my experience was very explosive with how I left. I mean, I don't want to get too close, too far into how it really started with like everything, I was in it for twenty two years, my whole life.
Speaker 2: Twenty two years. Well you're you're twenty four, all right, So you were in it from the time you were a little You were a little baby knocking door to door, spreading the good word.
Speaker 1: With a tiny, tiny briefcase in a diaper. Yep.
Speaker 2: Kind of adorable.
Speaker 1: But many doors were slammed in that baby's face. So I handled rejection really well.
Speaker 2: Must feel good to slam a door in a baby's face anyway. Anyway, all right, so you start off your little baby Jehovah's witness boy, and you know, tell me about what that was like growing up in that in that community.
Speaker 1: It was, I mean, it had its ups and downs. I mean I can't, I really truly can't say that it was all bad. I mean, I have my family with me, and I love my family, and I loved a lot of the friends that I had made, whether it was just because they were there or I actually pursued a friendship with them, because there's a lot of forced friendship in that culture, of course, But you know, I never ever truly felt one hundred percent on it. I wanted to one hundred percent on it so badly because I could everyone else in my family was such a golden star in it, you know, like my yeah both into it, Like my mom has made missionary trips to Africa, like they they're crazy, like.
Speaker 2: Right, So you're in this community and everybody around you believes, and so you really want to believe truly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I wanted to wake up every day and just be like I have this connection with God, you know, and he's he's really he's really guiding me. But I never felt like that.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: And what I did, whether that was you know, actually putting effort into it or being a complete blob and not giving a shit about like getting farther in it, you know.
Speaker 2: And you said just now, you said something that I thought was kind of interesting where you were like a lot of these friendships are forced, but you alluded a little bit to having if I'm interpreting this correctly. You alluded a little bit to having at least a few friendships that you pursued intentionally. Is that Is that true? Do you feel like you made some genuine friends in this community?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And interestingly enough, a couple of these true friends are now also exited and I I'm still I'm going to an LS Dream concert on Friday with a couple of them, so that will be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it makes sense to the people that you would, you know, sort of hook up with. There are also people who are like, hey, what's fuck's going on with all this stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally. And they left before me, but they could not believe that I left when I did, because everyone viewed me as a golden child as well, even though internally I never.
Speaker 6: Felt that way.
Speaker 2: How did you feel being viewed as a as a golden child? Was that like a pressure on you?
Speaker 1: It's funny you should say that, because I didn't realize they viewed me as a golden child until after I had left, and they told me they weren't inviting me to the like drunk sex parties they were having.
Speaker 2: Who was an inbody?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: With the the people within the community. The people who left the community were having the drunk sex parties.
Speaker 1: While they were within the community, they were having drunk sex parties.
Speaker 2: Oh man, why'd you leave.
Speaker 1: Because the people having the drunk sex parties left?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, all right, So so here's okay. So here's what I'm what I'm hearing here is like there's a little gang there's a little gang of this, a little gang of the factors in here. There's little gang of people who are like, hey, what's going on? And they but they and you secretly are are a de factor. But the factors they look at you as as as a golden boy because you're trying to believe so like outwardly it would it makes sense that you're giving off this golden boy air to you. Is that is that accurate?
Speaker 1: Sort of? Sort of? I mean, I wasn't. I wasn't a defector until the day I decided I wanted to leave. I believed up until a certain moment, there was always a part of me that believed in it and was scared of it. But I also had a rebellious streak inside me that wanted to like get out there and do shit that I wasn't supposed to. But these people didn't give a shit earlier than I did, and I was much better at avoiding those situations, so which is why they never invited me to they're drunk sex parties.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, did did you invite it? After the fact, like, once you finally left, did they invite you?
Speaker 1: Not exactly. They're not really doing that more because there are adults that are trying to be slightly more.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: I did get a lap dance from a witch once with one of those friends, so that was That was sort of a moment where I was like, Hey, this is probably as far as from I ever thought I would be.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a lap dance from a witch? What? What did that entail? U?
Speaker 1: We had gone to a concert and one of my friends met this or had reconnected with this crazy wicked girl and we ended up at a tenthouse suite in Boston and she was giving lap dances to everyone. Well, we were all fucking blasted, and I just was like, had this go away from Jesus moment? I guess it's the complete opposite of come to Jesus. But she, my god, I'm getting a lap dance from a witch. Right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I was trying to get people to open the Good Book.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, it's interesting that you defected, defected, de facted, whatever the word is, because I actually was approached on the street by a sort I don't think there were Mormons, there were Christians, but they were religious people, and when I was talking to them, it was very they were very, very convinced. No part of my brain felt like these people would ever budge on what it is that they were spreading the Good Word of So it feels like whatever's going on in these communities, I mean they're tight, you know, the people who who really truly believe, I mean, they fuck be leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one a cult and a lot of people don't know that it's starting to get out there. But it's super controlling, like scarily. So obviously didn't really realize that until doing external research after I had decided to leave. But like I I could never go back now, obviously, Like it's it's I've taken the red pill, you know, or whatever, it's whichever fucking pill he took. I took one of.
Speaker 2: Those, so tell me, tell me, all right, So this was only two years ago. It's fairly recent So as a twenty two year old young man who has been living in this, uh, it sounds to me a restrictive community for a while. You deflect to fact whatever, whatever the word of the day is, that we've been using. That I've been using a shit ton all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and what do what are some of the first things you do as a as a free man you know that you haven't been able to do for the twenty two first years. What were some of the first ventures into I guess hedonism that you embarked upon.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I think literally the day after I'd decided to leave, I installed Tinder, which makes sense for a young man at that page still have it, So it's not it's not something I've grown out of. But I immediately met a girl and dated her for six months, and I was a virgin until I hadn't even kissed the girl. I was twenty almost almost twenty two, I think it was just about to turn twenty two at the time, and never even kissed the girl. So that was interesting and crazy trying to figure out maybe if I was bisexual or gay or anything. I'm realized I'm straight, So I'm boring as fuck. But you know, that was an period I tried out because I'm super not Christian anymore at all, and I don't have any of those leanings, but not that I have anything against it, as long as people aren't oppressing other people. But what else? I mean, drugs, but not really anything that crazy, just like weed, which I don't like. So I'm like, like, what couldn't that have worked out for me? Of all Thames?
Speaker 2: So I feel like there's got to be I mean, after twenty two years of all that stuff, I feel like there's gotta be a significant like adjustments going on. It's going to be there's got to be a little bit of a period of going like, well, I like getting out of jail, like, well, what the fuck do I do now?
Speaker 1: Oh? It's fucking nuts? Like, Well, the way it happened was I was super before I decided I wanted to leave. I was super depressed. A couple of times. I was borderline suicidal and I had never been suicidal in my life and I didn't ever try anything, but it was just getting to a point where it's completely unsustainable. And so what happened is I was sitting at the meeting they call on Kingdom Halls, but it's really just a church. So sitting at the meeting and I am out of my mind. I can't focus. I felt horrible, and all of a sudden it just popped into my mind. Why don't I look up some stuff or material that people have who have left have written, So during this fucking meeting preaching to me, I'm sitting there. It's actually what we call the circuit over to your visit. So like this grand puba character is here visiting, trying to like build us all up with his grandeur. And I'm looking up this shit and took three paragraphs of that online article or essay to completely dissolve what was left of my face. And I looked up. I'm not fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not that I am not fitting into a place where I should be fitting in. It's that I don't have to fit in at all. And I should not be oppressing and suppressing my character for the sake of even people that I love, because it's just not sustainable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So to that point, for you say, for the people that you love, tell me, how did uh talking about the process of like reconciling this with your family.
Speaker 1: That That was crazy because that happened like the day, A day or two after. I was obviously having a lot of inner turmoil and thoughts about it. My mind was racing, and you know, reading all this material after the fact, after the waking up process had really gone underway. I was at work one day cleaning windows, which is a super fucking common profession for witnesses. If anyone else in the chat used to be in there, it's always a joke that witnesses clean windows because it's easy to get. But I decided, I'm like, I need to call my family right now and tell them because this is on my mind. So like, one by one, I just started calling people while I was doing my job on my Bluetooth headset, and just one by one, each of them just completely dumbfounded and aghast and you know, crying and begging me to change my mind or and you know, somewhat gaslighting me, like we won't be able to talk to you anymore, and I'm like, I just can't. I can't. So my sisters and my mom and pretty much a couple other people, that was the last time I've spoken to them, really I have.
Speaker 2: So in the past year, you haven't spoken to your sister, your mom at all.
Speaker 1: My sisters have and my mom have not spoken to me or reached out at all. My dad my dad a couple of times, but that's gotten worse because with the whole Ukraine and Russia thing going on, they they think that it's the end times. So I think that they're really doubling down on their own indoctrination for the sake of their own mental health. And it was crazy because when I moved out, I lived three minutes from my sister, and I remember one day I went up to her house with her recently married husband, who opened the door, and because I just was like, I just want to go see I want to see what happens if I go to see her.
Speaker 2: You just went to her house like on a whim.
Speaker 1: On a whim, on a whim after work one day since I had left, and I went up to the door. Her husband opened the door and he didn't invite me in. Uh, like I was with them on their first date. Like this is like not somebody I don't know, Like this is my my sister's husband who I was all courting period. He and I was. He was so awkward and I asked for a glass of water because I kind of wanted to test it and see if I could get inside. Yeah, And he brought it out and I was like, Okay, this is how it's going to be. And so I was like, he is, is Maddie not going to come in or come out? He's like no, I don't think so, and I'm like okay. So I turned around and I got back in my car. And that's the last attempt to at like physical contact with with family it is. I mean that was during the height of COVID too.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so, man, how do you how do you feel about all of this? Does it is that? Is that painful for you? I'd have to imagine.
Speaker 1: It ebbs and flows. Like sometimes I feel like I'm a robot because I will think about my family and have almost no feeling at all, and that kind of because I'm not a sociopath or but I don't feel like I have the proper feelings to process it. Like I barely cry about it. I sobbed once at a friend's house. Well, I was high on weed and a little bit drunk, and something just set me off and that felt good, and I wanted I wish I could do that more.
Speaker 2: You have a desire to be more in touch with your emotions about everything.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish I could just sob for hours about the trauma I've faced. But you know, like there's just like a block. Other times I'm angry, just pissed at them that they I don't care that they believe in the religion. I don't care that they have a different belief system than me. I just want them to recognize that I'm the same person and I'm not some hideous gargoyle of sin.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be fucking pissed. If I were you, I'd be like, what the fuck? I'm your brother, I'm your son, who gives a fuck about all the stupid you know, god stuff. It's like, can't you see what's really important here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Totally, Well, especially since my dad lost his dad at he he died at sixty two, just having like he was walking down the street and had a heart attack. And I'm like, if you would, you would he would give anything to see you again, or vice versa. And yet I am your son that you held in your arms, and you could have me right now, you know, And that's just baffling to me, like I can't imagine doing that to my future children, Like and I want to have children, And I'm like, how I can't mentally parse what could carry you away from a child, especially if they're not like a fucking murderer or a or a rapist or I don't know something.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: Even murderer's parents still love them, like you hear about it all the time. Yeah, it's like what that.
Speaker 2: M tell me about? Well, I mean, I mean, so Dylan, like, what's your life like now? Like, uh, all right, But so at the very beginning of this call, we were like, okay, broad and then right now, I feel like we covered the broad before we go, let's cover the now. Where are we? Do we have? Friends? Do we have? I know you, I know you that things have been pretty fucking tough with the family, But uh, it sounds like yeah, cool friends. You know, it sounds like I'm getting I'm getting bits and pieces here of like you know, you have a support system of some kind. You're not just like hanging out in the wind. You know what's going on?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's true. I mean I really value the friends. I think I need to work on valuing the friends I have rather than the amount of friends I want. And it's unfortunate because I don't always want to just connect with other ex witnesses. I want to connect with people who aren't because I'm I don't even want to consider myself an ex witness. I don't want to be Dylan the person who less the religion. I want to be Dylan yep, Just Dylan yep. But I really do have good friends, and I mean I have a job where like people appreciate me, and I just got promoted in certified in my job. I'm a chimney sweep now, so that's really cool and that's been going great, and I can support myself really well, and it's all at the expense of leaving, Like I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and have my own apartment and pay my time and have a good job and can afford to go out and have fun sometimes. And it's like, I really need to look at that more often and be like, you are really fucking fortunate.
Speaker 2: That you Yeah, what are we gonna say? I feel like I cut you off. But as you're going to go on a self a self motivational thing, I want to let you finish that.
Speaker 1: I can try a good attempt to rouse myself from the ashes, but it's I think the biggest problem that I'm facing right now is that I'm single, which means I don't have very much intimacy. And that doesn't include just sex. It's just I'm talking like heart to heart with somebody that is dedicated to you or at least is wanting to get to know you.
Speaker 3: So that's tough.
Speaker 1: Because pretty much the family that I make for myself is going to be the family I have for the foreseeable future. Like I don't think my I don't. I can't assume my family will leave someday and then reconnect with me.
Speaker 2: So not having that, yeah, well, Dylan, I you know, look, before we go, I want to say, you know, all the all the sort of rousing yourself up that you were doing, I think it's well earned. I mean, you claw, I mean, it takes a lot of fucking balls to be born into this life path that's set up for you and set up for you pretty damn hard, and having all I mean, these people who you you know at a young age are like supposed to trust really hard. Your mom, your dad, your sister. I mean, these the closest people, the people that are supposed to be the most worthy of your trust, lay out this path for you, and then for you to just from within deflect from that and decide for yourself what the right thing to do is and then go and then like to have those thoughts, to surmise those thoughts and those feelings, and the desire to deflect is one thing, and then to act on it against what everyone who you're supposed to trust is telling you. I mean that that takes fucking guts, and it takes a lot of guts. And the fact that you were able to do that, and now you've got this job, You've got friends, You've you've got a fucking apartment that you're paying the rent on. You've you know, I'm sure you'll have a girlfriend soon. You know. You've you've built a life from your for yourself, not just from I don't even want to say from scratch, Like like you had worse circumstances than scratch. You had to you were like in the negative. You had to get out of that one life and then build a new one from scratch. I mean, that's damn impressive, you know, so you definitely definitely should be proud of yourself for all of that, Dylan, and uh and Matt I, I I wish you the best. I'm I'm inspired by by you, by anyone who's brave enough to forge their own path, you know, so, so props to you and and and thank you very much for sharing all of that with all of us. You've been on a on a crazy journey and and I know you you mentioned that you want to be able to process your emotions better. I hope, I hope you're able to do that. That sounds like some real therapy type of stuff that I hope you're able to get a hold of. But damn you know you're you're You're an impressive fucking guy, Dylan for real.
Speaker 1: Well, that means a hell of a lot from a anthropomorphic lizard.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate it, of course, man, of course.
Speaker 1: Definitely negative tonight. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So much, of course. Man, thank you again for sharing. Thanks Lyle, Love you, Bud, Take care, Dylan all Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, Hello is this Alisa?
Speaker 5: This is Alisa. Hello. How are you doing all right?
Speaker 2: I'm hanging out, Alisa. Uh, I'm a gecko on the computer. I'm living life as best as I can. I hope what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Well, I just had some positivity to share with you today.
Speaker 2: Oh please hit me.
Speaker 3: So on the.
Speaker 5: Topic of large boobs, I actually had gigantic, huge boobs and I recently got them chopped. And the positive news, yes, I did. And the positive news about this is that it is the most life changing thing, most positive things I could have ever done for myself. And I feel like a new woman, completely a new person. I feel free.
Speaker 2: What inspired you to do? The shopping.
Speaker 5: So happy, Marge? Booths is very difficult. It actually hinders your movement a lot more than I realized until now. And I can't buy like bras anywhere. I have to like special order them for like seventy or eighty bucks because like I had huge boobs, like I had to buy like custom bros. And yeah, I can like run up the stairs quickly.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm just like my life has completely changed. They could they took off ten pounds or like a little over ten pounds.
Speaker 2: Ten pounds total, I think it was total total. So I'm curious, So, uh, you know, how long have you had large boobs? And then what made what was like the final straw where you're like, all right, I'm getting these I'm getting rid of these guys.
Speaker 5: Well, I had funny story is the first time I remember my boobs like getting in the way of my life. I was actually in third grade, and I remember I like forgot to wear my like training bra to third grade, which is like way too early to have a training bra, and I forgot to wear it. And I remember like calling my mom from the office and I was too nervous to say the word bra, so I just called and I was like, Mom, I forgot my underwear, Like I don't have my undergarments because I didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 2: And because you're like on the on the phone like whatever, the principal or office person is all like watching you and shit.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And I went to a Catholic school, so they're like staring at me on the phone and I'm like, yeah, can you bring this and she yeah, she was like, well you'll just last at the end of the day, it'll be fine. I was uncomfortable all day and I got home and my mom was like, why the hell didn't you put on underwear this morning? And I was like no, I didn't wear my bra and it was really uncomfortable. And then ever since then, it's been like exponential each year, like how big they got. And you know, I was having a lot of back pain when I got to into college and just genuinely uncomfortable, like couldn't do things like the pendulum on my chest would just like drag me in several directions anytime I tried to be active or like you know, move my body like a normal human. And I think I finally got up to a thirty eight N and I was like all right, like I literally can't do this anymore, like I've got to get a reduction.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they so they were growing, so they just never stopped growing.
Speaker 5: That's what I think. That's my theory, because they were bigger every single year. Like I always was replacing bras, and like I said, these things are not cheap.
Speaker 2: So you went from an end to what are you now?
Speaker 5: I'm like a handful now. I don't even know what I am. I haven't even measured. I'm like wearing sports bras every day sometimes brawless. I would guess that I'm like a D or C now, which to me is like minischool and very tiny and I'm very happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good PSA for other people who are struggling with similar issues.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I have one hundred percent recommend it. I know a lot of people kind of get caught up and like the male gaze or like self worse things, And I know that can be hard. But if you can get through that, like truly, I feel like so free. I don't think. I was asked the other day by my partner, like what amount of money I would like exchange now knowing how I feel, and like the amount of money that I would exchange for how I feel right now, and like every morning is like like I would pay like all the money I ever earned in my life to feel like this really okay?
Speaker 2: So if somebody off if somebody offered you ten million dollars to go back to the old boobs, to the thirty eight ends, you would you would turn it down.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah, I'd turn it down for sure. So low key debilitating. So it's kind of like a disability almost.
Speaker 2: The yeah, do you should be you should be able to if if you have over a certain cup size, you should be able to hang one of those Uh, uh, disabled things that you're park in those spots.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know about that, but it's definitely bad.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things I could not do, so were there And it sounds like, you know, obviously after the fact, after the surgery took place, you're like, Okay, so glad I did it. You know it was debilitating and I'm in a new place. But I mean, beforehand, before you knew how great it was going to be, did you have any apprehensions going into it. Was there any part of you thinking thinking not to do it? Or was it a very much gung ho, no regrets, go for it decision from the beginning that it that it happened that you decided.
Speaker 5: I would say, like at the very beginning, when it first popped into my head, I was still like working on some like yeah, like self warth issues or like dealing with the melgaze, and like I'm not gonna lie, Like I had really nice boobs. They were awesome. I will say a lot of people with the ends of the boobs I had, they were like damn near symmetrical too. They were awesome. But as I the thought entered my head for the first time, every time After that, I just got closer and closer to being like, well, I don't actually care because I want to be able to like move my body and like not spend eighty dollars on bras. And then yeah, it just escalated until I was like, actually got on the wait list for the surgery center and I told them to like call me if any spots opened up. And one day they called me and they were like, like, I was supposed to be seen in like two months. Yeah, and they were like two days, like, you just got to get a COVID test, you got to be with the anesthesia screener, make it down here. And I was like deal. I called into work, took a week off. I was like, I'm busy, went up there and did it. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: I so, so before we go, tell us some other things that you can now do now after the surgery that you couldn't do before, so that we get a idea of, you know, how debilitating it was to have, you know, end cups.
Speaker 5: Now I can go for walks comfortably and easily. Soon I'm going to be able to run with doctor's orders. I did a summersault the other day. Pretty sick.
Speaker 3: In general, with ends.
Speaker 5: Oh hell no, that shit is not is not comfortable at all.
Speaker 2: I would like hit you in the face, knock you unconscious.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, like I bet you I could hang upside down now. I could not do that ship before I would start choking. Mm hmmm, dead ass. So yeah, I don't know. It's really awesome. I can do a lot of stuff I'm really excited to, like, oh yeah, clothes, I can buy normal sized clothes now, Like I don't know, I can just be in general, like more active and the more I heal, the more stuff I'm going.
Speaker 1: To be able to do.
Speaker 5: So truly, like, if anyone thinking about it, like do your research and like go for it. I think the benefits far outweigh the cost.
Speaker 2: Well, Alicia, that's your name, right, Alisa, Alisa, Well Alisau. Happy for you on your new found lease of life. Hopefully you've inspired other people to you know, gain theirs and all the power to you. Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Thank you so much, love the podcast.
Speaker 2: Have a good one, Thank you, Lisa.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 8: Hello, Alyssa, Hello, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am a gecko on the computer. You know, I have noticed I've been thinking about this. The audio version of this show. They can't really tell that I'm a gecko. Oh I don't know if they can hear it. And it kind of doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: Well with a picture on the podcast right now, So maybe there.
Speaker 2: Is together, you know, right right there is a picture on the thing, you know. I mean, I could rather not in a gecko thing and it would be the same thing, but it kind of wouldn't be the same thing and all. Also because being a gecko affects my words and affects your words and whatnot. I feel like you have a take on this, and I keep interrupting you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have a lot to say, you know, I think the gecko suit gives it like a little bit more but like a little like a lot of a lot more effect than maybe you would have if you didn't wear the gecko suit.
Speaker 2: M it's a little bit of extra. No, I agree with you fully. I think it's a little bit of extra. It's a slight bit of extra anonymousness. I know I'm not innymous and my name is on the podcast and I tell people my name is Lyle and stuff, but it does I do want it to feel like you're just talking to this entity that that barely exists. This gettos like.
Speaker 9: That won't judge you, And sure, yeah, I get what you're going before.
Speaker 2: But enough about me and my silly, silly predicaments. What's going on with you Melyssa.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a bit of a long story.
Speaker 2: So what's the give me the give me the gist. Let's Taran, Let's let's tarantino this. You know, let's start with the let's start in the middle.
Speaker 9: In the middle. Oh, well, the middle, that's probably be the worst part. So basically the middle would be that I found out that I was related to the guy that I was dating.
Speaker 2: That's the all that's you know what, that's a great middle, that's a great hook I'm now interested in. Let's hear the full story.
Speaker 9: So basically, I met this guy on Tinder. I matched with them, and I really liked him, and we've been dating for about like six months now, and a couple of weeks ago we took like a DNA test, like an on an ancestry dot com. And I guess I should mention that we had the same birthday when we first met, but you know, a lot of people have the same birthday, so we didn't really think anything of it, you know, just a coincidence. But anyways, back to the story. Okay, so we took it. We noticed we had a lot of similar relatives. And I don't know if you heard the part where I said we had the same birthday coincidental. A lot of people have the same birthday. I know it like five or six people that the same birthday as me. But when we started figuring out we had the same relatives on the ancestry dot com, Okay, this is kind of concerning. So we brought it up to our parents and sure enough, we are actually twins. And the reason we didn't know is because we are separated a month after we were born, because our parents got separated and one took the other.
Speaker 2: And your parents didn't know this.
Speaker 9: Well, they didn't know, like they didn't keep in contact with each other. I don't know why. It's really kind of messed up. But yeah, I know, it's really really crazy.
Speaker 2: So how long were you dating this guy before you found out he was your twin?
Speaker 9: Six months?
Speaker 2: Six months?
Speaker 8: Six months?
Speaker 2: Did you guys?
Speaker 9: Listen? I don't want to say listen, you can't. We neither of us knew. And that's also another thing, like I feel kind of gross about it? But should I? Because should I? Because I didn't know?
Speaker 2: How how do you feel about it?
Speaker 9: I feel I do. I do feel kind of gross about it, because I mean, who wouldn't. But at the same time, like, I also feel so contradicted, like should I feel bad when I didn't know? And I also don't know if I should keep in contact with him? He's here?
Speaker 2: Actually, oh he's he's with you.
Speaker 9: He is with me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's get him on the phone.
Speaker 9: Okay, you want to talk to him right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, okay, here he is. All right, So you get sex with your sister. How do you how do you feel?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, you know, we didn't know. Uh, it's kind of weird. I don't I don't really like it, but you know, at the same time, I do care about it, And you know, we've been dating for six months and I don't know. I feel like you can see how this is conflicting.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. So what's what's your guys' relationship? Like now, I.
Speaker 8: Mean it's a little it's a little awkward now, but it was going really good up until we found that out. But now it's been a little Yeah, it's been a little awkward recently. So yeah, we've been just been like thinking what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Have your parents gotten back together with each other when when you guys were separated at birth, is it like was it like one parent kept one kid, one parent kept the other kid type of deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my mom kept me and our dad kept her, and they've both gotten remarried since.
Speaker 2: So in these past six months, you never introduced either of each other to your family.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like like I met her parents and she met my parents. They just like they had never like obviously, we didn't recognize each other because we haven't seen each other since like I was a month old, and they kill our parents didn't keep in contact and they just kind of read to each take one. I'm not really sure because we believed our whole lives that are what actually was our our stepparents, was our real parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is sort of a lot of revelations going on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's a big it's a big life life thing, not just a relationship. But so our parents have been lying to us for sometimes twenty years.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, And have your parents, since finding out that you two data for six months gotten back in contact with each other.
Speaker 8: No, no, they y. I don't really know. It's it's been kind of awkward. We haven't really talked with our parents that much since finding out because we've been kind of like upset with them.
Speaker 2: Do they do they know?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they they found out that war dating. Yeah, they thought it was pretty weird as you can imagine.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So so what what what do we think is next here?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, that's kind of why we're calling you get because we're like, we do we keep dating? Do we?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think this one might be above my pay right here? Have you spoken to a real therapist about this?
Speaker 8: We have not. No, this is you know, necess fairly recent.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Perhaps we should pick into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. Well it's I you know, look, it's well, it's nice that you guys are still friends. Yeah, yeah, you know, friendship is important.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you know it's good. You know, now I have a sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I think that's the truth, right, I think you have to look on the bright side of this. You may lose a lover, but you've gained a sister, and that, at the end of the day is what's important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's another point. I think to her, maybe let me let.
Speaker 2: Me, let me let me talk to her.
Speaker 9: Here she is, Hello, Uh.
Speaker 2: What did you say? Your name was, Alyssa? I think I was talking with what's your brother's name? Boyfriend? Or are talking with Archer and I think we've decided that we're going to look on the bright side of this. You know, you have lost a lover. You've lost a lover, but in turn, you've gained a brother, which debatably is more valuable because they'll be with you forever.
Speaker 9: I guess you're right about that. I guess that's that is a positive. I guess out of the situation.
Speaker 2: Totally, totally, totally, Yep, we'll think of very much for calling Elissae.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Keke.
Speaker 2: Those two are going to be fine. Those two are gonna be fine. They have each other to guide them through thick and thin. I think it's people. I'm actually a little jealous, honestly about of how close of a bond they have with one another. You know, I wish I had that kind of, you know, closeness with another human being in my life. Those two are blessed.
Speaker 3: Stevie gags.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: That's going how are you? I actually I hate I'm sorry. You know, I've watched your streams so many times, and I really hate when people ask that because I just feel like you hate people asking you that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's not. I'm not mad at the I'm not okay, I'm not mad at the people. It's not. It's a common thing to do. When you see somebody, you ask them. It's an autopilot thing. I would never be mad at somebody asking how they are. I'm not. I don't think i'm mad at it. I think i'm mad that it exists as a form of social programming. But that fact that it exists as a form of social programming is nobody's fault in particular. It's just a natural occurrence. So I'm not mad at you or anyone else.
Speaker 4: No, I get that.
Speaker 6: It's the same thing that I get whenever I go to the checkout line at the grocery store and they feel like, how are you? You find everything okay? And I'm always like, oh, you know, I just feel like it's a you know, I just yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, uh, Stevie, how's it going?
Speaker 3: How are you good man?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I got screened and I was just trying to get some insight on a little thing where kind of in the middle of a breakup and kind of sprung upon me and I didn't really you know, my credit shit, and you know, I started going on Craigslist looking for potential roommates, and everything just depressed me. So I just I, you know, I started thinking more about the alternative, which is to become a homeless nomad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says here that you're contemplating becoming homeless.
Speaker 6: Yeah, voluntarily. It sounds way more exciting to me than than anything else. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So okay, tell me, tell me what about it feels exciting to you.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I have I have a pretty good job.
Speaker 3: I make really good money.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to get away from that. And I just think that the you know, I don't have the money too.
Speaker 2: I want to have.
Speaker 6: I want to have more financial freedoms and stuff. But I just feel like renting is kind of a scae am and I just would rather not partake in that, and I'd rather travel and become my own, you know, my own person. Really, you know, it could just the rent and everything like having a roommate, having to trust someone that you don't really know, particularly, I don't really know what else to do.
Speaker 2: So so all right, So you have a job, and I assume this is like one of those work from home gigs that you can you're living the laptop lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Is that when I'm hearing no, no, not at all.
Speaker 6: I'm actually a freelance painter. I do interior homes.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, so are you planning on quitting your job or are you going to keep your job but just not have a place to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to keep the job I work with.
Speaker 6: I started at my own business, and yeah, I was just like really thinking more about like taking up new alternatives because you know, painting is really hard on the body, and it's it's just really grueling work.
Speaker 3: That I don't I can't do forever.
Speaker 6: But you know, it's just like I said, that just kind of backs up more about what I'm doing with my time, and uh, I would rather find another avenues, but like renting is just gonna slow it down because.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm trying to get into the logistics of this, because are you so your freelance painter? So do you do you have to don't you have to sort of be in one place, like do you? Are you? Is your clientele all sort of centered around one location?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Pretty much. Yeah, I'm out in I have a certain town that I work around, and you know, I've been in this one neighborhood and picking up business like crazy. So yeah, I'm in one place and I'm currently living in this in my in the same place as my girlfriend as we've broken up and everything and everything is cool there, but like you know, yeah, I do have a place I need to be.
Speaker 3: Every day, right, so long hours?
Speaker 2: Right? So are you planning on shutting down your business to go travel?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Eventually once I get a new thing lined up, like I would, I want to become kind of a digital nomad and travel around and just experience the world and in my own on my own terms, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, I've always wanted to do that. I've always wanted to travel around and as you say, experience the world on your own terms. And it sounds like, so, I guess the what's what's the financial situation? Oh? Here, do we have a nest stag of someting kinds or something that's kind of the problem.
Speaker 6: I've always had a problem with money, Like it's always been my thing. Like uh and that's the reason why this relationship kind of shipped the bed and yeah, yeah, so my girlfriend kind of had enough of it. I didn't know what else to do, and uh, I'm just trying, like and now it's just kind of like more of a thing that I've had to deal with it the you know that's been presented to me with this breakup. You know, I think you learn everything, you learn some out of anything. Is there's always something to be learned from it. And uh, this was the pretty serious relationship of three years, and uh, you know, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, but like with this whole thing finance, as I said that that's fair and uh yeah, I'm just like all right, well, you know, if anything to be taken from it is that I'm going to be more financially stable. And with that, I'm like, you know, I told everyone I tell about being coming homeless. They kind of you know, I'm thirty I'm thirty five right now, and they're like kind of get a little. Nobody really supports my decision, but I'm kind of firm on what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you say you're firm what you want to do, you're this is are are we talking about this right now? From your headspace of look, I'm going to do it, but we're just you know here, I'm gonna I'm going to talk about it. Are you Are you firm in this plan?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: The other part of it is, uh is going onto And I don't think this is a healthier thing to be doing at the moment because I'm still kind of processing the breakup.
Speaker 3: But like I started.
Speaker 6: Going back onto the internet webs of dating, and okay, that's the only thing that decurs me from doing this, because I've started talking to some other girls, and you know, it's just like, hey, you know, how do you Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, hey, can I come over tonight? And you're like, well about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly. I mean, I know it's just silly and it's just kind of probably a distraction more than a really serious thing, and it's probably not cool of me to even interact with anybody at this moment.
Speaker 2: But well, well, well hold on, We'll hold on that. So here's what I mean. Look, here's the thing. If if if having a partner is important to you, Look, man, there's all there's all kinds of people out there. I know this might sound crazy, but I think people get stuck in that hole like, oh, women want a guy like this who has a house or whatever. And look, I'm sure a lot do. But I'm also sure there's probably you know, plenty of women around the country who are also like man, I kind of also want to be homeless, you know, and maybe you guys hook up and you travel around together. You know, Like, there's all sorts of people who want all sorts of things. So I wouldn't go ahead, I would I wouldn't go out on a limb and saying that that you're closed off to romantic engagements due to your situation. In fact, some people might even find that attractive. As weird as that sounds. But but but sort of what were you gonna say?
Speaker 6: No, I was just agreeing with you pretty much.
Speaker 2: But but forgetting about the sort of finding a girl part of this, because I feel like that's that's sort of as you're saying, like a distraction. What yeah, what else is stopping you from from doing it? Have you have you done any like worst case scenario thinking like, is there any case scenario where you're you're gonna do this and then four months later be like, oh, holy fuck, I'm fucking screwed. Or is it like, like, what's what's what's the worst case scenario here?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean like I've I've never had a I've never even had a passport, it would be honest.
Speaker 3: So I mean, i've I've I've been to Canada.
Speaker 6: So it's about the extent of it, Okay. But I just kind I'm kind of a person that I just like to go in deep with things and figure it out from there. So I'm honestly confident with what I want to experience and not really too worried about too much of worst case scenario might get a problem overall. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not well, I don't know. Okay. So you say you have a tendency to dive into things without necessarily thinking them over, and you've been alive for thirty five years, and I assume you've been like that for several of those years, And how has this way of operating served you in life thus far?
Speaker 6: I've invested a lot of time and not much in return, in finances and with time and energy. You know, for instance, the house that I'm in with my ex girlfriend, I was building a studio for music production because she also does music production and stuff like that, and you know, I invested mine because you know, I was considering with her parents who owned the house. Actually they were gonna, like we were talking about renting to own and all that kind of stuff. And so I just kind of counted my chickens before they hatched and started just like tearing the room apart, rewiring, redoing all this stuff, and then before I knew it, like things kind of ended.
Speaker 2: So the relationship was over. And and that that whole let's make a home studio was that a I'll dive into it and figure it out as we go type of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Oh totally. I mean even not just with the.
Speaker 6: Idea of doing it, but just like also like doing stuff that I had no idea how to do it, but just figuring it out as I went along.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, all right, you did that. It failed. But yet here you are, do you have any deal? Are you in debt at all?
Speaker 6: I mean just with a little bit of taxes being in ten ninety nine and stuff like that, but not nothing too insane.
Speaker 2: No, okay, you're not in any crazy debt. Sounds like I don't know why I'm saying it. Sounds like like this is not information I can gather but from your voice. But it sounds like you have all your arms and legs. Sounds like your heart's beating. Sounds like you're fucked up and you failed, but you're not dead. You don't have any kids, do you? No, right, you have any kids who who rely on you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I mean, what's uh No, Pat's great. I mean I mean, what's it? What's it's? What's at stake here for you?
Speaker 6: I mean, just just my dignity from what my family and my friends see, because you know, they're you know, they reach out and be like, what are you going to do?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: And I'm just like.
Speaker 6: Thinking just going to nomad homeless and uh and keeping my job and not getting involved in any drugs and not you know, keeping my head of like with the with the clear with a clear goal and uh, you know, doing what I want to do from this point on, you know, without any attachments. But then there's always the.
Speaker 3: Whole, you know, the loneliness and the you.
Speaker 6: Know, I still have my looks and my youth for somewhat, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like going online.
Speaker 6: I got some girls hitting on me and I'm reaching out to them and texting them back and forth.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 6: More into you know, the balance between trying to figure out if the relationship versus the freedom to doing what I want to do, like has always been kind of a struggle for me.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been in a relationship for about three years, so I don't know if I don't know if if your whole thing is going to want to be let's jump back into another one unless if you find it right person. Yeah, but if if this is the song your heart is singing and all that hippie ship, and.
Speaker 6: I feel like taking a hippie shit like the lay lines. I don't know if you've ever looked into that, but like I felt that Colorado has only offers a lot of work and not enough play, and I think that there's other places that will offer some more like great things for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I mean I'm bringing I'm making this about me right now. But I always think like if I you know, I got to be in this studio to do this podcast, and that's my gig right now. But I've always thought like, if I didn't have any like, any like I need to be at this place at this time type of type of thing, I'd probably do something similar. Man, I'd go to wherever they are. I would look up, you know, going Colorado Craigslist and be like, Hey, does anyone need me to dig a hole in the dirt for for a day for enough money to get me to the next day. I mean, I mean, fuck it. It sounds like you don't have a lot to lose, which in some cases, yes, is extremely lonely, but another case is extremely freedom and freeing.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: I I'm hesitating to tell you to do anything either way, but I I I think if it's if it's what you want to do and you've thought it out to the point where you're like, well I can give this a shot and I won't die right then, then then go for it.
Speaker 6: I think what happened. I think the clear is pretty the path is pretty clear. But you know, I just I really do put all my faith in a gecko on the screen.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, you know, I hope that you know that I'm not responsible for anything happens to you, if you take anything from this.
Speaker 6: Call before we go, I was just one thing I've always wanted to know because I've heard you brought it up a couple of a few times about the makeup that you wear. Yeah, And I was wondering if you thought of any alternatives, like with technology, like you know.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, people have always yeah, people have always told me I should do some CGI thing, But I feel like that would be cheating. I feel like I need to do the paint every or else it's not. But you know, man, all look all kidding aside, I genuinely do wish you uh good luck and whatever it is that you choose to do. And I'm inspired. I'm inspired by you as well because I you know, I met what I said. I I also uh dream all the time of leaving behind all of my obligations to go travel and live the digital life. And if the only thing holding you back, if truly, I mean, if you've truly thought about this in an objective way and the only thing holding you back is, as you say, your dignity and like what other people will think of you, I don't think that's worth a whole lot in terms of.
Speaker 3: I don't think you there, so yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, go with whatever you think is best if you if you can remove that from the equation the your your dignity and what other people think of you.
Speaker 3: Thanks le sure man.
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed this conversation a lot.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it as well. Call us back, call us back in six months. Let us know where you are. Maybe you'll be in China or something that'd be cool. Send us a.
Speaker 3: Thailand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, dude, all right, this is the last thing'm gonna say. I'm gona hang up, But I seriously in those I have moments of my life all the time where I imagine myself dropping everything and moving to a foreign country. And when that happens, I go to Airbnb and I search up. I go to Thailand or Vietnam or some shit, and I see these like apartments you can live in in Thailand for like like three hundred dollars a month or something that are super nice.
Speaker 6: Much while I'm thinking it's beautiful, it's cheap, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Everything that I want. Yeah, and my lay lines.
Speaker 6: I was mentioning that my lay lines go there, and it's just like everything that says go there, versus here just says work, work, work, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ah, go to Thailand. Go to Thailand. See if you can get a job digging a hole or whatever. It is enough to pay the rent for your two hundred dollars a month apartment and heal the sun on your skin and breathe the air and see what you can make out of that. Hell yeah, beautiful. Talk to you soon, Steve.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: See. I don't I don't know. This is why again. I I'm I'm the king of having an advice podcast where I disclaimed that I don't give advice, but uh, man, I really felt that, guy, man, I I mean it. I I think all the time about that kind of shit, like just being a nomad, right, because you only, like, if we want to get into our sort of ethereal headspace. You really do only live one life. And I don't know about you, guys, but I want to try to see as many things as I can see before I die. And I mean that's a luxury. Not a lot of people get to do that. A lot of people, you know, are sort of bound to staying in one place at one time. But I don't know, we have so many opportunities thanks to the Internet. There's couch surfing, there's we work, there's not not we work. What's what's the fucking work away? There's work away. There's Craigslist where you really can just like go to a place, go on the internet, find a gig, find a fucking place to live, and then just walk around. I really would like to believe that unless if you go to jail for a long time, or get somebody pregnant and have a child, or get pregnant yourself and have a child, you can kind of do whatever, and all you gotta do is not die. At the end of the day, if Steve can accomplish his goals and not have a child, not go to jail, and not die, he'll be fine. He mentioned. The only thing that was fucking with him was the what people thought of him. But now that's a fake thing. Dying, having a child, going to jail all very real things. But what your parents think of you and what your friends think of you, I would I would say as not Hello, Hi, Hey is this Millie?
Speaker 7: It is Millie?
Speaker 2: Millie? How is life? What is life like?
Speaker 7: For life? Life is shit for Millie.
Speaker 1: But we're not going to talk about that. Today we're talking about something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, beautiful, what are we talking about?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: I haven't set foot in a Taco Bell in over ten years, and I really want, I really want to eat taco bell again. So as a kid, I used to frequent Taco Bell a lot. But I just I guess this is just one of those days where we went in, we ordered, we ate, and then I came home and everything was going fine. I was like playing on the couch with my brother and my sister and I just projectile vomited all over over my sister. And ever since that happened to me at the age of eleven, I've been definitely afraid of eating taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Because you're afraid that you will once again projectile vomit upon someone. Yes, yes, So why do you crave taco Bell if you believe it will make you projectile vomit?
Speaker 7: Well, I've just been seeing these ads for Taco Bell, Like people talk about the Box, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Seen these ads for Taco Bell.
Speaker 7: They're amazing, and the the Darrito Local Taco and some Crispy Chicken Tender taco recently, and I just like I've missed out on the case so Rito the NATO Prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well okay, well Millie, well Millie, Millie, Millie, I mean, what's stopping you from okay? So your oh okay, First of all, First of all, before we get deeper into this conversation, is this real? Is this serious thing?
Speaker 1: This is real?
Speaker 7: I can't do it, Like I can't even go in like a Taco Bell drive through without wanting to vomit. Like I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you have somebody else bring you the food or order it?
Speaker 7: I can't, Like I can't even smell it, like just It's just I can't do it. And I see people eat it like I can, like online like the milk Bong, like on YouTube, I will I see people who eat Taco Bell and.
Speaker 2: Like, so okay, so all right, so you can watch people eat it both in real life. Can you if somebody is next to you eating it, will that gross you out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know what I'm having trouble understanding your Like this is one of the most contrad victory things I think I've ever heard, uh that you're insanely grossed out by Taco Bell if you smell it you want to throw up. If someone's near you, you're grossed out, But as much as you are grossed out by it, you decire to eat it. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 7: No, I know, but I just I have to eat it. It's like I have to, but I physically can't. And I've tried. I've tried, like just walking into a Taco Bell and I walk right back out. It's like I can't even get a truth.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I'm gonna tell you the truth. I'm gonna tell you the truth because I've eaten. I've eaten a lot of Taco Bell and I don't here's the thing, and I'm gonna be honest with you. Okay, I've eaten a lot of Taco Bell, and I don't regret a single trip I have ever taken to a Taco Bell. When I I am on my deathbed and my life flashes before my eyes and I'm watching a reel of probably a lot of stuff that I won't be proud of. But when the parts of my life in which I'm sitting at a Taco belt drive through passed by that reel, okay, I will I will smile. I will be happy. But Millie, yeah, you can live life without it. In fact, I feel like there's a chance for your life to be better with the absence of Taco Bell, and I think you gotta embrace that, Millie. Okay, but Millie, you can't focus on what you've missed out on. Okay, There's plenty of other good food options out there. There's Dell Taco, There's there's non taco related fast food to whatever, Chick fil a, Jack in the box, yeah, Sonic, there's all sorts of there's there's there's a whole world of cuisine out there, Millie, outside of just Taco Bell. And the more time you spend fixating on what you cannot have, the more you will be obsessed with it, the more it will ruin you. So so I encourage you to widen your field of vision and and embrace the other options that are in front of you, because if you're so narrow, so narrow, focused on the Taco Bell, you won't see the A and W right next to the Taco Bell, which has delicious chicken sandwiches and milkshakes, and you can and you can dip the chicken sandwich in the milkshake, and you can eat that. So I encourage you not to focus on the options unavailable to you, but instead to to uh take take me marrymant and and experienced, wonder at the options that are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's like, did you ever eat at a local paco?
Speaker 2: I have? I have eaten a taco?
Speaker 7: Are they good?
Speaker 3: I want phenomenal people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great. It's mild sauce on there. It's fantastic. It's the best thing I've ever read. But Millie, You'll be fine without it.
Speaker 7: I'll be okay without it. All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Get go, Chris.
Speaker 4: Hello, Gek, how are you?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 4: I'm all right. Honestly, it's like the middle of the semester right now, and it could be better.
Speaker 2: It's the middle of the semester. What do you study?
Speaker 4: Study animal science at in America? And like the pursuit of being a veterinarian.
Speaker 2: You're trying to be a veterinarian. You know. The veterinarian thing is interesting to me because it's a sort of a catch twenty two where in order to become a veterinarian you have to like animals, but also in order to become a veterinarian, you have to watch animals die.
Speaker 4: Every day, Like I mean, yeah, it's like you want to save animals and stuff, Like you can't be a hero and I'm like a believer and leave no trace like with boy Scouts and stuff. Sure, and like part of that is like respecting the life cycle of the universe, and like wherever it's time for animal to go, it's just time for them to go, yep, And like you're there to facilitate that. So like you can live with the fact that the animal is dying, but you can also to make it like comfortable on its way out.
Speaker 2: Right. No, there's definitely a lot of pride to be had in doing that, that job of keeping an animal comfortable as it's as it's passing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a respecting the way the life cycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is interesting. So sorry, So you seem to have a very objective, relaxed take on death in general, right, leave no trace, So to leave no trace includes dying, Like you have to die as a necessary element of leaving no trace, because living living forever is kind of like littering with yourself.
Speaker 4: Mhm. Yeah, like leaving your mark on the world in a way, like because you're just like a you're like a six hundred year old tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're there.
Speaker 2: So how so how is how is this perspective that you have on animals and how death is just factoring into great cycle and you know all that jizz? How has that impacted your thoughts on your own.
Speaker 4: Death, on my own death? The way I see it is like I try to keep a lot of things in terms of like valuable things, like if I lose something, I lose it. But I don't try to hoard things. I feel like hoarding the something that like every religion kind of taboos like that big thing is like the seventh or whatever sense with greed, like hoarding things. This isn't right. So like kind of just like having a detachment of like it's just an item. It is what it is, and like you're gonna die one day and you're not gonna have it you that's something to take away from all of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's sort of stomic philosophy having very little attachments to possessions or really anything outside of yourself or even yourself, because you know your friends, your family, your possessions, your statuses, No, none of that's coming with you where you're going.
Speaker 4: For real, but like you can't always plan on where you're going, and I think that's something to like push for, like having bucket list goals. Like right now, I'm checking off a bucket list talking to this gecko. This is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool talking to you too, Chris. I like your uh, I like your voice. You're very dreaming.
Speaker 4: I'm dreamy. I've had a long day. I've been up to like six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, your tired voices is very dreamy.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you. I don't know. I'm also I'm kind of cold right now. It's like twenty degrees outside in my apartment complex. Isn't very well insulated.
Speaker 2: Well that's your By the way, take note of this because these are your variables. Next time you're about to go on a date, make sure you're very tired and very cold. And uh they'll they'll find that very attractive. Uh So, oh crap, you were saying something that I interrupted you with you just all that stuff. What the fuck were you saying about death? I just your bucket list. Okay, your bucket list, Your bucket list, all right, So talking to me is on your bucket list. Check what else? What else we got on there?
Speaker 4: I don't say my buckets. I want to I want to publish a paper and academia. That's a bucket list.
Speaker 2: Side on, that's a good one. Kind of boring.
Speaker 3: H but I'm a.
Speaker 4: Sophomore in college right now.
Speaker 2: Hm oh, I said it's kind of boring.
Speaker 4: But to each their own, Like, I mean, I don't know. It's just kind of something I look up to, like to have something so well thought out and then documented and then permanently out there, not like in the sense of in the natural environment, but like out there for future generations to read and like pick up on, even if it's something like super MENI school. You know, I don't even think I said that right.
Speaker 2: A minute, No, no, no, I'm just I'm fucking with you. And I said I was boring, but uh no, I see the value in that.
Speaker 4: I come back it up. I'll think it's boring. I think it's cool.
Speaker 2: Ship uh anything else? You are right, So you want to pas you you want to publish a paper in academia. I mean I mean that that could take a while doing that. So that's that's a big one. You probably got room for. You probably got room for like two other things you can do before you die? What what? What? What are you gonna do with those? With those two other things?
Speaker 4: So I like to pick up trash, like whenever I'm walking the class and stuff. I want to pick up somebody's like mobile order, like you know, like that you get from Starbucks, and I want to prank call them.
Speaker 2: You want to you basically want to like drive door dash?
Speaker 4: No no, no no no, Like if somebody's littering, like if they litter their like Starbucks drink and like I'm walking the class and it's on the sidewalk, I pick it up. I dole their phone number and I prank call them.
Speaker 2: It's a very specific item. Do people put their phone number on their Starbucks cups? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: I know? Like whenever you order door dash, like on on the receipt, they'll have the phone number.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So if somebody litters a receipt, you want to prank call them? Yeah? What what would your prank call be? Do you have one in particular setup?
Speaker 4: I have to think of it in the moment. I don't want to have it like filled with rage because like I don't like whenever people litter, but I feel like whenever you're mad at somebody. You're just encouraging the behavior, you know.
Speaker 2: I agree with that you got a good head on your shoulders. I agree with that you're not coming in here with rage because nobody, namely one person that's ever responded well to just getting cussed at or screamed at or whatever. It's not a it's never a convincing way of being.
Speaker 4: For real.
Speaker 2: But you do need to come up with something, because what's gonna happen is you're gonna call this number, like I'll just think of it in the moment, and then they'll go hello, and you'll go uh uh, fuck you, and then you'll hang up and you'll be like, ah, I should have planned something.
Speaker 4: I I think I think I would have. I think, honestly speaking about it, I would pretend that I was the restaurant they ordered from.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I like where this is going.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, like say they ordered like a caramel frapp, Hey that carmel s frapp you gave or we gave you. Yeah, we actually put gorilla grew in it gorilla glue in it instead of like or like, hey, you forgot this, and then like make them go to the store and then ask like a fool. That would be funny.
Speaker 2: I like, okay, that's that's that's a pretty good one. The gorilla Ye see the gorilla blue one. If someone called me saying, hey, we put gorilla glue in your frappucino, I'd be like, I don't know what this is, but saying, oh, hey, you forgot something. That's a good one. Waste a little bit of their time, but not a fully egregious attack.
Speaker 4: Maybe, like I think it's a balanced.
Speaker 2: Right, right, you've got a credit card or it can't be there credit. It's got to be something because then they would check and their credit cards there or I don't know, but you're you know what you got. You got the gist of this down.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like guiding karma. That's like facilitating karma.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're a carmatic enforcement.
Speaker 4: Not to be like self righteous like that, Like I don't know can be righteous. But I got a bucket list, dude, what you're saying?
Speaker 2: It was Chris, Yeah, Chris, it's been. It's been fun ideating on your death with you and thinking of things that you can do.
Speaker 6: Before you die.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I watched One Piece and like a big thing is like with the will of d got to welcome death with a smile. I think I had I can do that. Yeah, but I've almost died before had I had a bomb?
Speaker 2: So I was doing it. Hhmm, how did you almost die before?
Speaker 4: You want it in fifteen seconds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love it in fifteen seconds, all right.
Speaker 4: So I was driving a four wheeler on a like gravelly road and they just built some windmills and theyre was a cliff that they built and I didn't know the cliff was there, and I was in like forty miles an hour and I went off the cliffs hit a rock and I was stuck under the four wheeler for like an hour.
Speaker 2: See, I just call a four wheeler a car. It's like to really use the term four wheeler.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, like a I think like a go cart, but bef oh.
Speaker 2: It's an ATV.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like, maybe this isn't Maybe this isn't what you wanted me to get out of that story. But I really think that they should use a different term than four wheeler because there are a very broad range of vehicles that have four wheels.
Speaker 4: Four wheel has four wheels, oh yeah, yes, or like it feels like a go cart that has five wheels, the steering wheel.
Speaker 2: Okay, but my like my car, My car is a four wheeler.
Speaker 4: No, your cars are five. Your cars are six wheeler, has a spear in the trunk, has a steering wheel.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't have a spare wheel. I don't have a spare wheel in the trunk, but I do have a steering wheel. So I guess you are right. But does the four wheel that you're talking about, does that have a steering wheel.
Speaker 4: No, it has a handlebar.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you soon, Chris, take care.
Speaker 4: Of gek say say stay Gecky.
Speaker 2: On the line. I'm teaching you.
Speaker 1: Tells you life, but he's not really an expert.