Speaker 1: Colzon Media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by Mia Wong Jamestown and Robert Evans.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: This week, we're covering the week of September eighteen to September twenty four.
Speaker 4: Luckily, nothink that remarkable has happened. It's a bit short one.
Speaker 2: Another famously slow newsweek in the United States of America and abroad, only the most stable out of all democratic countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean the democracies were easily the most democratic.
Speaker 4: Shining city on a hill. It's saying, that's right, that's right, elevated. Yeah, So let's talk about this guy who opened fire and ice detention facility to start off with.
Speaker 1: Then, sure, that's the big news story today is that there's been a shooting at an ice facility in Dallas. This is not the first shooting at a North Texas ice facility this year. Two detainees were killed and one injured. Last I saw, they were in an ice van, it looks like and the shooter killed themselves pretty quickly. It seems like, yeah, like fired a few rounds and then killed themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Cash Hotel, who's the director to the FBI, shared pretty quickly after shooting on x dot com the Everything website a photo of a strip eclip of what looks a lot like ein't milimeter Mauser ammunition. One round had the wood anti ice written on it in blue pen in block capital letters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lazy, we can agree on that, like, especially compared to etching them onto a bullet. This has been I think, immediately adopted by God. I mean, it seems like I haven't done a deep survey, but most of the liberals and leftists that I follow on both Twitter and Blue Sky, and on just looking at friends on Facebook, they have pretty immediately gone after this as a false flag or something.
Speaker 2: Liberals and left us casting doubt on the authenticity of this.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing both people be like, well, the shooter must have been a right winger who lazily put anti ice on the bullet, or this is some sort of federal conspiracy. But a lot of conspiracism here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we simply don't know very much about the shooting at this point. It's unclear who the shooter was aiming for if they were just aiming at ice property, right like unknowingly shooting like migrant detainees inside.
Speaker 1: Did they think whoever was an ad van was a cop?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, most of this lines up with the person being the sort of person who ends up being a high profile shooter, right, Like, they're not so much an ideologically motivated person as someone who, like you say, pretty low effort wrote anti ice on their bullets at the last minute of not on the bullet, but on the casing that holds the fucking powder that the bullet goes in. Like, I understand how that works.
Speaker 1: And this just fits. This is something I tried to talk about pretty regularly. Shootings in the United States are heavily driven by mimetic spread.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This has been happening since Columbine. There have been more than one hundred copycat shootings of Columbine. And you do have shooters who are let's say original, right like the christ Church shooter, where they have new ideas for things to do in mass shootings and then in the wake of those, because whenever someone does something really new, it gets a lot of attention, right Like, if there's a mass shooting that gets a lot more media coverage than other ones, there will be people who copy it and who copy specific aspects of that shooting. And what I'm seeing with this guy that kind of just fits into that pattern is you had a really high profile North Texas shooting at a nice facility. Then you had a really high profile shooting where somebody with a hunting rifle shot at targets from the top of a roof, right, And I'm seeing both of those things in this shooting, and I guess it's just like, Yeah, that kind of scans to me, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess another thing that has been fueling this conspiracy zerm So the guy used a Mauser rifle, different type of Mauser rifle to the last one. It looks to me like a con ninety eight. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The previous one was a very old Mauser that had been rebarreled the thirty eight to six, which is a very common American round. This one looks to have been an original car ninety eight K that was still an eight millimeter Mauser, which was the gun the Nazi that was the standard battle rifle of the Wehrmacht during World War Two. Yeah, it's not weird. He would have access to that. He probably didn't have to buy it or passed the background check to get it. Looking at Garrison found his mother's Facebook. They'll talk some more about that, but one of the things that was on there is her talking about how she recently had to clean out like a barn and a farm that her grandfather and dad had owned and get rid of a lot of their stuff. It kind of makes sense to me. One of them, very likely was a veteran, could have brought back a car ninety eight k as hundreds of thousands of gis did, yeah, from the war, and it would have just gotten passed down under the family. Right, not weird, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No way at all. Like you say, there are probably hundreds of thousands of these in the United States.
Speaker 1: It was very common. And again that's more or less probably what happened with the Charlie kirkshooter. Why why they had a mouser right, Yeah, because it was their grandpa's rifle. Probably had it re rebarreled or whatever. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not uncommon at all. Someone in especially somewhere like Texas where you know those rifles, even if you didn't bring them back from World War One, like could have been obtained by private party transfer any time in the last seventy five years. So he'd been placed on probation for twenty sixteen marijuana offense, for which he pled guilty and received deferred adjudication. I guess in Texas it's considered dealing marijuana, but it just seems to be that he was in possession of an amount greater than a quarter ounce but less than five pounds. I'm not that familiar with Texas law in that regard, but that is a thing that we found out about him. I'll just add that, like, I don't know if that effects his ability to obtain a new firearm by doing a forty four to seventy three.
Speaker 1: It's it's unclear, but it wouldn't. It doesn't matter in Texas because again, you can just meet a guy in a parking lot and buy a gun exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not relevant.
Speaker 1: As I did when I lived in Texas almost every month.
Speaker 4: Would be great today of Texas. Yeah, see, it's easy to get a gun in Texas.
Speaker 1: How did he get the gun? It could have He could have gotten it by accident. He could have traded groceries for it like you just don't know, but there's there's no barriers to him owning this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still don't know very much about this guy outside of his like public arrest record. I have like a LinkedIn that hasn't been updated in a few years. Yeah, he voted in the twenty twenty Democratic primary.
Speaker 5: We know that from Texas voting records.
Speaker 2: His mom's Facebook has a few political sentiments, but not expressed very commonly. She's posted a few times about Greg Abbot's pro gun stances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was definitely like anti NRA, anti.
Speaker 2: Abbot, anti NRA, upset about Abbot and a senator Korn and Cruise not taking action for gun control damp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this isn't the sort of gun that would ever be impacted by now proposed gun control legislation, right, Like, this is kind of central to the gun that people generally fail is reasonable to people to own.
Speaker 1: Yes, assuming that it was something that he inherited from a grandfather, a great grandfather. Even like gun control bills that are looking at stopping face to face sales wouldn't stop this because the dims always tend to include an exception for like, yeah, inheriting your dad's hunting rifle or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, on an old Google Plus profile that's cashed deep. His profile picture is like a Soviet communist carerture. But again, that is no indication of a recent political alignment. We still don't have a detailed look at this guy's politics. But people have been quick to call this a false flag when I think this appears more like in the manifestation of this reality brain rottedness that we've talked about vis a vis the years of lead paint, Like brain rot inspires like ill thought or logical actions that maybe appear akin to a half baked false flag. This is like just a result of this weaponized on reality. Fiction inspires reality, and then reality is seen through the lens of fiction. So people project onto the state this like nineteen fifty CIA staging world events. Thing like everything's become so like Eddington pilled.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember there was there was a really big example of this someone I forget exactly what it was, like someone like graffitied like Chuck Schumer's garage or something, and everyone that I knew was convinced it was a false flag, Like yeah, all over Twitter's Olver Blues. Everyone thought it was a false flag, and it's just like all of that has just accelerated alongside this process that you'reson you're describing, where you have the unreality tunnel of all this is a false flag, then you have the other unreality tunnels that are like generating these people, and they're just sort of like, yeah, flowing parallel to each other.
Speaker 5: Nashing into each other. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Like people are so quick just to point the Black's rule image to discount every single thing that might confuse you at first glance, Like if you cannot understand that someone who is suicidal would do a crazy thing like this, inspired by recent events and scribble something onto a bullet trying to shoot at ICE equipment or ICE agents ICE property, inadvertently killing actual ICE detainees, if you have no way to understand that as a premise, and the only way that you can see something like this is happening is like a beat cop walking up to the crime scene realizing he has to alter it to fit an agenda. Like that is a way more disjointed and like broken reality to force yourself to believe than just take the facts as they come and evaluate them slowly without jumping to a very quick assumption that satisfies your emotional reaction to a tragic event like this where multiple people have died. With Trump in power again, I think it's entirely possible that oppositional political violence will take a form that resembles quote unquote left wing attacks increasingly through the next few years. It's not twenty eighteen anymore. Calling this guy a leftist right now doesn't make any sense. We don't have a clear look at his politics or if he really even had serious politics.
Speaker 5: But there are a lot of.
Speaker 2: Like seemingly normal people who are depressed, demoralized, or angry and might not write a stupid twitter brained manifesto and scribbling anti ice gets a point across, whether that's sincere or some kind of ironic ship post. If anti ice sounds weird in comparison to fuck ice or abolish Ice, again, not everyone is part of like the leftist twitter brained terminology circle. It seems like he wasn't really thinking things through intently anyway, as is common with these like quick copycat style attacks and attacks like this are also sometimes just harshly driven by suicide, wanting to do something as a part of the suicidal act, and like who knows what this shooter was aiming for or what they thought they were aiming for. We do not have enough information yet.
Speaker 1: And it's worth noting NBC has interviewed his brother. Kind of sounds like from the text of the NBC article like they broke the news to him, which is.
Speaker 5: Oof, that's fucked up, not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he said the last time he'd seen his brothers two weeks ago, he was not particularly political. He had never mentioned anything about Ice. As far as his brother knew, he had no hatred or particular feelings about Ice either way. He was registered as political independent. His brother said that his parents had a rifle and that he knew that his brother knew how to shoot it, but that he didn't think he knew how to make a shot like that. I don't think he knew anything about the quality of shot. And it doesn't sound like he did anything but shoot into a van and then kill himself. So, he was recently unemployed and was looking to move to his parents' land in Oklahoma, but he was raised in Alan. The whole unemployed didn't sound like he felt like he had a lot of maybe opportunity going forward. His life was not going great, Like I don't know, like I'm not having trouble seeing this all add up now.
Speaker 2: I mean, the people who do some crazy hit like this often have a suicidal impulse running through an action like this, And sometimes his manifests were something akin to like you know, this is like a bad term, but like suicide by cop right, and like similar to what Roberts said about like mimetic and like copycat shootings. You can see some of what's on display here in the lineage of Luigi Mangioni allegedly writing denying to pose on bullets, then the Charlie kirkshooting with stuff for non bullets. Yeah, but this is something that's not like in our Zeitgei. So it doesn't require you to be like an online communist to do something like this, nor is it relegated to a cop trying to manufacture a fake narrative to cover up a murder of immigrants to frame it in this left wing violence spike that the right is currently really running with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, folks, if you are convinced that this is a conspiracy, I really doubt much that we say is going to convince you. Otherwise, it's kind of a I don't want to go on too bleak of a rantier, but like, I almost feel like there's not really a point in trying to stand up for basic reality anymore, because number one, people are increasingly going to dig into the reality tunnel that's most comforting to them, and that's going to be the one where, like they don't have to deal with the complexities the world. That like, some people who on paper have espoused beliefs that are similar to you will also do fucked up shit, right like that, that's just America. That's living in a country with four hundred million guns. That's living in a country where mass shootings go viral and where people act based off the virality of shootings that they watch or see or hear about. Yeah, And honestly, like there's a part of me that feels like caring about the reality of the situation is almost a vanity project, that like, it doesn't win you anything. Yeah, it doesn't get you anywhere, It doesn't help you make the world better. Maybe just embracing a fall like the right has gotten very far in embracing completely fraudulent realities. So why do I even care?
Speaker 2: I Mean, this is something I've talked about with like the flattening of tactics, with the right adopting state sponsored cancel culture and the left getting more conspiratorial in like replies to tweet some blue Sky posts talking about how you know, the bulleting markings have to be a false flag. I'm seeing people share memes like Pepe like psyop memes, but like like leftists and like like oh wow, yeah, liberals sharing sharing these memes that you used to just see under like unhinged right wing accounts to talk about how big world events are all stage or the Feds are faking everything, and it's it's just this complete like swap more accurately a flattening of tactics, and yeah, like it.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: It sucks to be in a position where I'm trying to be like slow and methodical and how I evaluate things and not just jump to posting funny reaction images about how everything is a syop and how everything is a false flag.
Speaker 1: Lameo obvious psyop work done.
Speaker 2: Because that seems so much more emotionally compelling, and instead I'm just tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just tired all the time. Anyway, go on and believe whatever you want. Let's continue the episode. All right, let's talk about Antifa when we come back.
Speaker 4: It comes from a mind control pond.
Speaker 2: Speaking of false flags and Tiffa Antifa.
Speaker 1: I hardly no, that doesn't Garrison, just continue.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything to say about that.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, folks, We're going to be doing what James is going to be doing with our collective lawyer Moira Meltzer Cohen, an episode on what this actually means legally, and we will be doing that with a lawyer who is competent to speak on that more than we are. Yeah, I guess kind of what we want to do briefly in this episode is try and pull people back from a ledge if you're feeling like you're on one right now, because it's bad. The current situation is bad. The administration is absolutely going after people on the left. They absolutely will be increasingly applying terrorism enhancements to charges for anything that can be deemed as politically motivated by the left. But this declaration, as people pointed out, it's not like a thing the president declaring somethingtic terrorist group like. It's not like none of this is anything that like has a legal force bind it, which doesn't mean again that they're not going to continue to go after people. But this is stuff that started under the Biden administration, applying RICO charges and whatnot.
Speaker 2: This is stuff that goes back to the nineties, right to the scare Yeah right, yeah. With with environmental organizations, there is no real domestic terrorism designation. That's why they're trying to go after like funders and trying to find ties to like international groups to have that terrorism like label make more legal sense. But Trump did actually sign an executive order to quote unquote designate Antifa as a domestic terrorist organization.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 2: All relevant Executive Departments and agencies shall utilize all applicable authorities to investigate, disrupt, and dismantle any and all illegal operations, especially those involving terrorist actions conducted by Antifa or any person claiming to act on behalf of Antifa, or for which Antifa or any person claiming to act on behalf of Antifa provide material support, including necessary investigatory and prosecutoral actions, against those who fund such operations.
Speaker 4: I mean, like anything in the United States, if you're going to be prosecuted for a federal crime, the US attorney has to bring a case against you, and there has to be a crime that you have committed. The executive branch does not make law, but legislative branch makes law. They try, and they tried a lot last time as well. I do want to remind everyone that right now we still have courts, and as we're seeing in Los Angeles and in other places, grand juries are not returning indictments. When the a USA brings a shoddy case or tries to proscute some of something that isn't a crime, that right now is the case. I'm not saying it will be forever. I'm saying that that's where we're at, and we can take a step back from the ledge if we know that. I hope for people who are under standably very afraid.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm not saying don't be afraid because these are scary times. I'm just saying, like, don't assume that there's no point to fighting back, or there's no way to do so, that you'll just like wind up in a fucking camp. Because people are going to court right now and winning yea, and those court cases have not been invalidated by the administration. That they're not just taking people into custody anyway like people have repeatedly gotten off for charges of assaulting ICE officers because they were bullshit charges, right, Yeah, So that's all I'm trying to say right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, in terms of what these people are actually worried about, I think if you read the executive order, you can see what they're scared of, right, you know, to do the mildly cringe and or a quote authority is brittal, oppression is the mask of fear. God Plade Stole is stealing my shit.
Speaker 5: You and prickser holding hands meme fading and.
Speaker 1: Or apparently is a big Star Wars guy.
Speaker 6: But if you look at like what's actually in there, right, Like, okay, I mean some of it's like obviously twenty twenty stuff, and then they're talking about like violent assaults on immigration and Customs enforcement and other law enforcement officials in routine dosing, and other threats against public figures and activists. Like they are very worried about the fact that everywhere ICE appears a whole bunch of people, most of who are just like random people in sweatpants. I have seen so many pictures from every single city that there's like loscualized deployments are there's just like people in sweatpants who just like walk out of their houses and start taking pictures of ice agents. They are very much concerned about this, right, This is why they're trying to do this crackdown because the resistance to this stuff is actually working well enough. You know. It's not not that they haven't been able to do ice raids, but it has degraded their capacity to do it significantly. And that's why they're rolling this shit out so that they can, you know, as as an attempt to intimidate people and as at to like get people to stop doing the stuff that they've been doing, which has been like effective enough to really shift the way ICE has been forced to do these things.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah, Like if you go back to the like one of the first incidents of people like imposing an ice rad it was in South Park in San Diego. Right, these people are not like like organized members of Antifa. Like South Park is a pretty bougey place. It's like a vegan small plates restaurant and cocktail place.
Speaker 1: There are people who are pissed that their neighbors are getting abducted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just people who were there and were like, no, fuck you, this seems wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and again, like we talked about this last week, like this is happening in Wheaton, Like people in evangelical college towns are or seeing ice trucks roll up and like just walking over to them and yelling at them and filming them, and that sometimes is enough to make them just run away. And that's what this is. You know, they're of the fact that they live in an entire country of people who don't like that you're dragging their neighbors away at gunpoint, and that's a sign to do more and not you know, sort of given to fear every time there's some executive order bullshit that happens.
Speaker 4: Yep, talking about things where the regime has not been as successful as it wanted to. Right, Let's talk about the case of the Guatemalan children. We spoke about this on ED I think last week potentially the week before, right. These were the kids who were grabbed from their beds of a labored eight weekend and in that time Judge Sparkle Supernanan theyshued an emergency protective order. But we've now seen a class action which would bring a more permanent protective order for these children. Judge Timothy Kelly I'm going to quote him here. He was talking about the government's case and he said it had quote crumbled like a house of cards. This is in part because a whistleblower's account contradicted the government's claim, and his claim was made by Acting Director of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, Angie Salazar. Salazar said under oath that the children have vin screen to ensure they would not be subject to abuse on neglect. The whistlebowers claimed that at least thirty of these children had been deemed ineligible for return because they have indicators of being victimized by child abusers before, so returning them would obviously return them to that situation of abuse or potentially do so. Right. The whistleblowers further stated that this was in an OORR database Office of Refugee Resettlement database and such that the acting Director would have access to that information. Right. The printed a lot of other evidence to Judge Kelly, who granted protection to the children in the case, and to quote all un accompanied Guatemalan children who have received neither a final removal order nor permission from the Attorney General to voluntarily depart the United States. So, if you remember, the government had previously said that they were resettling these children and that the DA had nothing to do with it, that it was an Office of Refugee Resettlement operation, right, and that their families wanted them home and the families didn't want them home.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: They dropped that claim later. So this is a win. Right. They couldn't take these little children away in the night and spirit them off to somewhere where they would be in danger. Let's move on to Executive Order number two for this week's episode. This is the one that you probably heard less about than the Antifa one. But this is the quote unquote gold card executive order. Oh god, yeah, it's a gold card. Trump has been true thing about this, right, He truced about it in June. Also in June, Howard Lutnik announced that they were already seventy thousand people waiting for these gold cards. Applications could be made at Trump card dot gov. That the original stated price was five million. The executive order signed this week slashed the cost to just one million US dollars one million, one million million American dollars. And as our currency continues to crush it, that will only get more affordable for folks elsewhere in the world. So that's great, it's good. This is Trump's promise plan to sell permanent residency. Right when he first announced this, we kind of wondered, how's he going to do this statutorily? Right, how's he going to do it legally? When it turns out his plan is to consider the donation as evidence that the person is quote of exceptional business ability and that makes them eligible for an EB two visa. Oh my god, yeah, so like you could you could have never engaged in business in your life. Right, you could receive a small loan of one million dollars from your parents, sure, and that would allow you to get one of these. Now, people will go through all the usual background checks, right, which, according to the EO, will be expedited. Right. You can't be like a Apple background bug daddy. He's dead now, but you couldn't be him with a million dollars, right and do this?
Speaker 1: For example, I like the idea that Abubaka Albigdadi would like try to move to the US, but would put his real name and his application for.
Speaker 5: Coming.
Speaker 4: You got a check for this, yeah, but everyone's god damaged, unfortunate man. He shares that name with a bad guy, and.
Speaker 1: There's like a fifty percent chance that it would have gotten approved that just like no one would have liked would have had his name on. Yeah. Well look, guys, the Khalif of Isis is like fucking living in Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's going to all those founders meetings, you know, with other CEOs to discuss managing a large organization.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for his ted doc.
Speaker 4: He's put its address as a tunnel in a HGS controlled area of Syria. No, okay, so, to be clear, is dead. It's killed in the first Trump administration, Yes, a corporation donating for an individual would pay two million, right, so it's more expensive if a corpse doing it on your behalf. And the cards will supposedly b gold and have Donald Trump's face on them, which is nice. At the same time, the Trump administration added one hundred thousand dollar bill to the H one B visa application so the visa application fee. The H one B, if you're not familiar, is an immigration scheme for skilled non immigrant labor, and particularly interested in this because this was one of the moments that the Trump coalition began to fracture. In the early days of the Trump administration, Like, we saw the kind of tech right as exemplified by Elon Musk going like, no, H one B is a good they allow us. They allow them to bring people to this country and pay them not very much and take advantage of they're skilled labor. It's what they allowed the tech industry to do.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Sure. And then we saw the more straight up white nationalists right being like, but those people aren't white, we don't want them here. And it seems like it is that cadra of the Trump coalition, that that part of his of his ideological sort of support base, which has won out in this instance. Right, because companies cannot save money paying someone twenty grand less if they have to pay one hundred ges to get them into the country, right, Like, individuals could make that donation, I guess, and get the visa that way, like if they came from wealthy family in another country and it just desperately wanted to work in the US. But generally H one b's are used because employees they can't leave. Right. Your visa is tied to your employer, so the employment can be much less favorable, especially in the tech industry where people are always shopping and changing jobs to try and get a better wage, better benefits, et cetera. They can't do that, and so that will be coming to an end. Finally, I want to talk about immigration judges, and the Trump administration has fired even more of them. According to NPR, when Trump came into office, they're about seven hundred and thirty five of these judges. There are now fewer than five hundred and eighty.
Speaker 5: Why, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's quite a remarkable cut. Right. Not all of them were fired. Some of them took a vantage of the quote unquote fork in the road offer. If we remember like early early Trump two point zero, do stuff in the immigration judges just so people understand, Like people are like what they fire a judge? How can they do that? Immigration judges are not part of the independent judiciary. They are a better way of seeing them would be a civil servants. Nonetheless, they have in many cases, I guess, worked to bring the trappings and the procedures of due process to the immigration world. Right, Like in many cases they have you know, they're not just rubber stamping deportation orders.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: People do have a chance to make their case in front of immigration judges. And even in Trump two point o. People are still getting asylum in the United States. The courts right now are extremely backed up. Right, people are getting here in decks in twenty twenty eight. As we heard earlier this week, some courts I read that one court is now running at twenty five percent of its capacity, Like it's supposed to have twenty one judges and it has five. Yep, so this means that people will be in detention for longer. I mean that's like kind of intentional, right, Like, h well, one could make that case. Very Yeah. The DOJ has reduced requirements for staffing these positions, and the Trump administration has authorized about six hundred jags to military lawyers to take on the role. I don't think they're going to get the rubber stamp on deportations from those people that they expect to get. It depends on it if they sort of hand pick those jags or they just got a bunch of people from the National Guard. But sure, I don't think that that's going to be the just like straight up deportation factory that some people might assume it to be. But nonetheless, right now what we have is five hundred and eighty judges, tens of thousands of people in detention, and detention numbers and detention over crowding growing every single day, so that is not good. Detention facilities are terrible at the best of times, and conditions are pretty awful for I think I've heard right now talking of things that are pretty awful. Here are some products and services.
Speaker 1: We're back and uh, next, I think we're talking about tariffs. Wait a second, do y'all hear that music?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Jazz?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 8: Z right?
Speaker 4: Jazz? Wow. We haven't had the song for a while. That was nice, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 5: That was good, just like old times.
Speaker 1: Bring it back, just like old times.
Speaker 4: Several months ago, Garrison has a stir alarm clock, do you Garrison?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good. I think that would be that would be too much. That would be too much. I would I would need we would need to interview.
Speaker 4: Listen if you're listening and you do stop it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Mia? How our tariffs be?
Speaker 4: Do so?
Speaker 6: We have some tariff news. One is that we have a Supreme Court date for the case over whether a whole bunch of the tariffs are going to be allowed to continue or not. That is going to be on November fifth. We also have something no movement, which I think is pretty interesting. So when last we spoke of tariffs, we mentioned that there were two countries that had gotten political tariffs on them, Brazil for arresting Volsonnaro and prosecuting him and India for buying oil from Russia. And there was a lot of speculation that these would be fairly quickly resolved. They have not been. They are both still into effect. This is having massive consequences on a whole bunch of stuff. And the place that I want to focus on with this is US agriculture, because we have been seeing some extremely alarming things out of the American agricultural sector that has really not broken out of like Midwest agriculture circles very much.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: One of the major consequences of in some sense also the tariffs on Brazilia. One of the major consequences of the US tariffs on China is that, like China did in twenty eighteen, China has simply refused to buy any American soybeans. The US grows for export fifty two million tons of soy every year, and more than half of that is sold to China.
Speaker 1: And again if you're conspiratorial and belief that, like, you know, the soy, the soy is ruining people. You shouldn't support this, well no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, you should.
Speaker 4: You should.
Speaker 6: You should be opposed to this because you should be wanting to export soy to China so that you can you can make the Chinese woken soy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, there do yeah, yeah, yeah, you should.
Speaker 1: Support the export of soy to China. We're getting it out of the US and to our greatest feel political enemy.
Speaker 6: The other people who support the export of soy to try to are American farmers. So god, I guess this is like, this is like the farming thing that I say on this show. I did technically there was technically a farm behind my house growing up. This is something that's very common in mid Western agriculture, is a soybean corn rotation. Doing a soybeing corn rotation is good for the soil, So it's very very common in American agriculture.
Speaker 4: Should you can fix nitrogen and soil with legumes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but in order to do this you have to be able to sell the soybeans. And when this happened, in twenty eighteen. This was kind of kind of behind the scenes, so that there was a whole big trades down off in twenty eighteen. And one of the things that played a big role in ending it was the fact they trying to just didn't buy soybeans from the US for a year and it really really really messed with the American agricultural market. I'm going to read an account from the Progressive Farmer. This is a quote from Mackay. For most soybean farmers in North Dakota, you're looking at about one hundred to one hundred and fifty dollars loss per acre on every acre of soybeans planted. Grackle said on his own farm, he expects losses to top four hundred thousand dollars this year. Grackle said the losses are not just tied to individual farmers. It's the small businesses. Local grocery stores, hardware stores, are local schools or financial institutions. They're all feeling the hurt from this. Yeah, So what's happening right now is that there is a bunch of soybeans that are being that are just sitting there. Yeah, you know, like no one wants to buy them. And I've seen a few things talking about like, Okay, they're you know, there's processing plant opening up. We can turn them into soybean oil and use like in the US and do that. But like, this is becoming a really serious logistical problem because the thing about corn and soybeans is that it's not like you store them in different things, right, because if you're a farmer, you're growing both of them. The sort of storage hubs that they use are the same ones. And the problem is that there are basically stockpiles building up of these soybeans that can't be sold, and this is becoming an increasing problem because there's the corn harvest and you have to put the corn somewhere. It's a good example of the kind of middle miniature logistical nightmares that are cropping up all up and down the supply chains as these tariffs sort of continue to roll in, and as the instability of them get he needs to roll in that you and I aren't seen yet, or we haven't seen much of the effectives other than some small price increases, but down the supply chain there are increasing parts of the population who are just dealing with these just horrific logistical nightmares. This is going to be We're going to see the acceleration of this with a deminimous exemption being eliminated, and in the meantime, China is just basically going to the country that the US lap fifty percent tariffs on. They're going to Brazil and attempting to basically supply their entire soybean demanded largely from Brazil, which is like the other major soybean exporter. So this is also very important politically because the American farming sector is very, very powerful. There have been some bailouts already, but they're not going to be able to sustain the American farming sector, especially if this goes on for more than one year. Only there was only one year in twenty eighteen when they didn't buy and it was at fiasco. If this goes on for an extended period of time, it is going to cause significantly larger problems. Also, the economy was doing a lot better in twenty eighteen than it is right now. I mean, it's still kind of a best, but yeah, so this this is going to turn into an increasing sort of political thorn for Trump among a bunch of people who are supposed to be his base because people are very, very frustrated about this, and it is getting very little press attention. This has been the American farming tariff update question mark.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, why would we want to hear about farming tariff news when instead we can just keep the culture war machine going to have everyone just gobsmacked over that instead, Like that's the whole point of their political machine. It's not that everything is a distraction from something else, right, It's that if you keep everyone engaged with this with like culture war nonsense, left wing terrorism, Charlie Kirk whatever, like all of this stuff, no one's gonna care about farming tariff news.
Speaker 4: Even if you're a big liberal outlet, right, you put it out there and like half your fucking audience is going to be like lol, lamal they voted for Trump, sucks for them, Like yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And the question effectively is are the people who previously had been kept in line by woke bathroom anti dei like trans women in sports stuff going to be able to be kept in line when the soybeans are running in the field.
Speaker 5: And we will we will see, we shall see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of some Charlie Kirk culture war, the Department of Education has partnered with the America First Policy Institute and Turning Point USA for a new civics program. This is called the America two fifty Civics Education Coalition. They'll work with over forty national and state organizations to quote spearhead nationwide initiatives to engage students, educators, and communities and conversations about liberty, citizenship, and America's enduring values unquote. Other organizations a part of this coalition include Prager You, Moms for Liberty, Alliance, Defending Freedom, Heritage Foundation, and the three explicitly Christian lobbying Groups. Now all of these groups are basically Christian lobbying groups, but three with like Christian or religious names in the title of the organizations now partnering directly with the state for this educational coalition. Let's play video from the new website explaining the initiative.
Speaker 8: Education was once a shining light guiding generations built on faith, heritage, patriotism, but over the past sixty to seventy years that brilliance has been dimmed. A great institution has been crumbled from.
Speaker 5: Within, playing Civil Rights era.
Speaker 8: Hatred for America, false revisionist history, and division from fundamental.
Speaker 4: States.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's triggering phrase for me, critical race theory, gender queer drag queens.
Speaker 8: Now on the two hundred and fiftieth Linda mcmation, the Department of Education, the America two fifty Civic Education Coalition, and partners across America are reigniting that light, understanding and returning education to the States where it belongs.
Speaker 4: For this was bent your white kids.
Speaker 8: That inspired the world, and under the leadership of President Trump and Secretary McMahon.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 4: AI generated lighthouse.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, because.
Speaker 5: We are Americans, the futures ares.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So the framing of the video is that this lighthouse has gone out and Linda McMahon emerges, polishes and fixes the lighthouse, which now shines across the nation, igniting our patriotic education.
Speaker 4: To find a lighthouse in America. So they aied one.
Speaker 2: With audio from w W Secretary Man, it's like the most hyper reality American brain say that this is this is like the here's a lead paint thing that we're talking about, like talking about how a Marian education has been like totally destroyed, and they're playing footage of like civil rights era like protests and like leaders.
Speaker 5: You can't parody this, nah no.
Speaker 1: And it's all set to the to the soundtrack and edited in the manner of like a big budget Hollywood ayluster from fifteen years ago. Yeah yeah, yeah, which I guess you know, fucking conservative Christians are always but fifteen years yeah, and their culture shit like so that scans but yeah, like it, this is like it sounds like a fucking uh uh who's the guy who did independence stake? God damn it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know shit about popular culture, but yeah, we should just know that seventy years ago education was segregated in this country. Oh yeah, that's race they want, which is ye yes, I just want to I just want to just sort of drop that nugget.
Speaker 2: And I've listened in person to Charlie Kirk argue that we should repeal the Civil Rights Act, like that's what these people want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just want to join the dots for folks who haven't and history as an heerenty revisionist, that's what we do. We don't just like, go to God. We've done it all now, we've worked it all out. No need for any more historians. That's said that, that's not how history works.
Speaker 2: The chief education officer of Turning Point Education. This is his real name, doctor hutts H Hertzburg, Triple H said that quote that.
Speaker 4: Was also wwe character Is it the same guy?
Speaker 2: No, this is a this is a Christian educator. Oh okay, he says, quote, Turning Point USA is more resolved than ever to advance God centered, virtuous education for students flourishing across our nation. With that in mind, we are honored to partner with the distinguished organizations that comprise the America two fifty Civics Education Coalition to restore, revive, and reclaim robust American Civics education for all students throughout our country.
Speaker 5: Unquote.
Speaker 2: Earlier today is Wednesday, the state of Oklahoma has announced that they will be establishing TPUSA chapters in every high school across the state. Oh great, here's the Superintendent Ryan Waters of Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to do announce today that every Oklahoma high school will have a Turning Point USA chapter. We have seen the outpouring from parents, teachers, and students that want to be engaged in a meaningful work going on a Turning Point. They want their young people to be engaged in a process that understands free speech, open engagement, dialogue about American greatness, a dialogue around American values. We're so excited to partner with Turning Point USA with this initiative. For far too long, we have seen radical leftists with the teachers' union dominate classrooms and push woken doctrination on our kids. They fight parents' rights, they push parents out of the classroom, and they lie to our kids about American history. What we're going to continue to do is make sure that our kids understand American greatness, engage in civic dialogue, and have that open discussion. We will continue to do all that we can sure OCLUMA students have the best education plots.
Speaker 2: Part of this announcement, he's written on Twitter quote radical leftist teachers unions have dominated classrooms for far too long, and we are taking them back. I think, Robert, we talked with this guy last year.
Speaker 5: At the rn C.
Speaker 1: YEP, Yeah, we should.
Speaker 5: We might do something with that interview.
Speaker 1: At some point I wish he'd got he'd been out of a job by now, but life life, huh.
Speaker 2: The last thing I want to discuss today is quote unquote transgender terrorism, something I've seen many friends and posters across the Internet be really really concerned about for you know, a lot of good reasons. Ken Kleppenstein has released a few articles the past few days. First to one from last week, quote the FBI ready's new war on trans people. The FBI is preparing to label transgender people as violent extremists in the wake of Charlie Kirk's murder as how can frame that on the headline and for his tweet alongside the article. Other outlets like them dot us has spread this reporting even further Quote FBI to categorize trans people as nihilistic, violent extremist. Threat Group report says the Federal Bureau of Investigation is reportedly preparing to categorize transgender people as violent extremists. This framing is incorrect, and I will explain why in great detail. Shortly, the Federal Bureau of Investigation is not getting ready to categorize transgender people as like a category, as like a class of people, as violent extremists. There is no evidence that this is currently what they're doing. There's no internal communications arguing this. Even the Heritage Foundation's proposal to create a new category of trans terrorism is not arguing this, as I will quote from here shortly. But let's get into what the first article from Clippenstein actually wrote, based on a source inside the government quote. The senior official explains that they're there is no process per se for dealing with trans people as a quote unquote threat group, but feels that trans individuals will be increasingly targeted under the banner of violent extremism. Under the plant being discussed, the FBI would treat transgender subjects as a subset of the bureau's new threat category, nihilistic violent extremists unquote. We've talked about nihilistic violent extremists on this show before, back in spring, and we all know that the Trump administration has been targeting trans people like this is something that everyone who listens to this show is aware of. This is this is a real thing, But there is not actually any new verifiable information in this report. There's rhetoric from people like Donald Trump Junior and right wing influencers talking about transgender terrorists and this trend of transgender terrorists as they have been for the past two years. Me and Mia did that piece about fake trans terrorists, like almost two years ago. That was two years ago to we We've been tracking this rhetoric for a long time, So stuff like that fills up a lot of the space in articles like this, but new verifiable information is actually quite short. In this article, Ken has a single unnamed official who quote unquote feels like trans people could be labeled nihilistic violent extremists. Now, in Ken's previous reporting about this label, he misunderstood the ENV label. This label exists just essentially for seven to sixty four. The child this exploitation group that operates from the discord and Telegram and branch off groups from that. We've talked about them on the show be here before as well. And the nihilist of violent extremism term predates the Trump administration. This isn't a cash betel thing. This this predates the Trump admin. This was active last year, and it primarily is to categorize and map these child's exploitation rings and some overlapping communities like the school shooter fandom. But in Ken's article here, there's no like leaked documents in this report showing like current memos or communications on this topic. Ken's great for leaks, but there's there's not leaked documents in this report.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: As we all know and we've reported, the right wing hate campaign against trans people is a real thing. It's coming from the Trump administration, from state level government, as well as the entire conservative media apparatus. But I think right now especially, it's really important to read reports like this very carefully. Trans fear mongering massively boosts social media engagement, which then can encourage people to use framing like this that might actually kind of be irresponsible. Now, a few hours before Pilplstein published this first article, the Heritage Foundation and their Oversight Project released a petition to have the FBI designate a new category of violent extremism, which they call trans ideology inspired violent extremism or TIV.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 2: TIV is based on the belief that violence is justified against those who do not share radical views of transgender ideology. It has led to an increasing trend of TIV domestic terrorist events across the country in recent years. TIV has played a role in the majority of mass shootings at schools, that is the Heritage Foundation's claim. The petition includes a list of quote unquote TIV motivated attacks, including multiple attackers who either were not trans or were clearly not motivated by trans ideology, as reporting at the time and government documents have shown, including acts from the past like six or seven years. But Heritage Rights that quote experts estimate no citation that fifty percent of non gang related school shootings since twenty fifteen have quote involved or likely involve trans ideology unquote fifty percent.
Speaker 5: Have involved or likely involved.
Speaker 2: Yet in this list they can only list three school shootings. They can only list three, even their own list, which they say fifty percent likely involve trans ideology.
Speaker 5: There's been more than three school shootings this year.
Speaker 2: This month, there's been more three school shootings not involving trans people this year. This this is a wild, wildly atrocious is sad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just fabricated right, like.
Speaker 1: And again, like reality doesn't matter, Like that's that's the point, Like.
Speaker 2: No, this is the Heritage Foundation, Like come on, yeah, yeah. But importantly, like a violent extremism designation would not mean that all trans people as a class are deemed violent extremists. What it would do is it would create a category to use for investigations into violent acts graph patterns of violence, argue in court documents, and possibly include some preemptive surveillance on people or groups that are deemed as threats as a part of this strut group. But in the petition, Heritage says that no, not all transgender individuals or their allies are domestic terrorists.
Speaker 5: Quote. They are even free to engage it in offensive and hateful speech under the first men, so long as they do not stray into unlawful incitement, defamation, true threat, obscenity, or some other category of non protected speech. The domestic terror destination becomes relevant only when individuals or groups one are motivated by an ideology that encourages, promotes, or condones violence, and two take or incite unlawful violent action or threats based on that ideology. Both criteria must be met.
Speaker 2: Unquote. That's from the Heritage's own petition. It's not There's nothing in Heritage's own petition or Ken's article that says that trans people entirely are going to be deemed terrorists or a domestic like extremist threat group. That's not what either Heritage or what the actual details of articles like Ken's is saying. And to further kind of show this divide. The Heritage petition also addresses the nihilist violent extremism label as a completely separate thing, unrelated trans people that they do not want combined into one single category. I don't know why Ken keeps pushing on this label so much. It's really important to understand how trans people are actually under threat right now, because they are right. The biggest threats to transpaople right now are access to healthcare, specifically for people who are under the age of eighteen, and things like bathroom bands and trying to restrict transmitter people from public life. But the other biggest threat to transpeople right now is like ourselves, and we don't need to do the government's work for them to keep us so demoralized. Spreading misinformation or unverified reports like this that just makes everyone panicked and freak out actually harms us and our community. The trans panic industrial complex is dangerous and people need to be very careful about this because it's an extremely dangerous time and having an accurate assessment over what's going on is going to be crucial to survive the next few months to years.
Speaker 1: No and again, we've seen this on the right and this has played a role in radicalizing a lot of people on the right and getting them to do fucked up shit. Is years of like they're coming for you, They're coming for you. They're going to be coming for you tonight, right like you're already dead. You know, there's money in pushing and there's clout in pushing hopelessness. Yeah, And I don't want to be telling people everything's good, because it's not. That things are very dangerous for trans people right now in a way they have not been at any point previously in very recent history. Things are much worse. Right, nobody's denying that, but you have to look at like the facts of how they're worse, as opposed to not reading an article or analyzing what the article actually says, or analyzing what the Heritage Foundation says and saying they've they're declaring all of us terrorists, right, because that's not going to end.
Speaker 6: Well, No, don't panic, organize. That's the actual solution to this. I also want to briefly note on I've seen a lot of comparisons of this to the Black identity extremism designation, and I want to bring this back to something that Garrison mentioned earlier about the way that the nihilis extremism category was like specifically designed to target like a specific sort of complex network of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pedophile discord servers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is the same methodology that was used for black identity extremism. Black identity extremism wasn't a category they conjured out of nowhere to go after all black people. It was a category that was specifically designed to go after specific activists in the wake of Occupy and the wake of Ferguson. Yeah, and this is completely just not the process that is happening for this, right, Like, we're not dealing with Okay, there is a specific group of transactivists that the government wants to target, so they're creating a label for it, right, We don't have any evidence of that at all. What we have is anonymous sources saying they feel like something might happen.
Speaker 2: That trans people could be targeted, And you're like, yeah, trans people have been targeted, like that, that's what's happening. Yeah, Are they going to be labeled denialist of violand streamists at this point?
Speaker 5: Unlikely?
Speaker 2: Could the FBI consider adopting something like the Heritage proposal for FORTIV, Yeah, possibly, Yeah, that is that is absolutely a possibility. Would that come into reality the same way that people are talking about it online or the way that headlines are framing it. No, it's not about designating all trans people as terrorists as a class.
Speaker 6: It's not about that. And it also wouldn't function like the black identity extreamist thing, because again, that was like they already had people they were going after and they wanted a legal category that they could deploy in order to go after them. That's not what's happening here. They don't have like a list of like trans discord servers that they're about to round up for like doing a protest, Like, that's not what's happening here.
Speaker 2: No, But they could go after people who are make threats online, and that's something that I'm sure Cashtel's fbiyah would love to do. And if they can sort those people into a category like tive to argue in a prosecution or to or to make like a float chart to direct investigations, then that's the realm they're gonna use.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but even that, we are so far away from them even like starting that process that you should be concerned about the actual threats from Like I don't know I mean just like literally there's there's been a series of attacks on trans people, just like in neighborhoods in Seattle by just like gangs of dudes. Right, That's like an actual substantive thing that is happening that is not this, that is not some sort of nebulous like we are relying on opinions of unnamed officials. We can look at and evaluate and figure out what we're going to do about it instead of just giving into the panic industrial complex and panicking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things that are frame bombastically like this go super viral and they spread a lot, and that's what the algorithms are encouraging. I mean, same thing with the algorithmic boosting of you know, false flight conspiracy theories, because those are so much more satis find they spread like wildfire across blue sky and Twitter and like even things like Instagram stories. And just be very careful about anything that goes viral because that claim is trying to influence your brain. It's trying to worm its way into your brain to take the form as a thought that you had yourself. And be super careful because this type of weaponize on reality has been used so successfully the past ten years against the right. This is how the whole like you know, migrant panic wave started lies about immigration.
Speaker 5: This like panicked framing.
Speaker 2: These things spread like wildfire online and now you have large swaths of the country believing in this genuine like like you know, migrant crisis. And this is how social media functions to influence how your brain thinks and how your brain process is fact from fiction and forms like a collective sense of reality. And you are also being targeted by this same process in different ways than the right is, but this process is still targeting you as well. And it's like super important to like read things critically and take time before jumping to conclusions because I don't think we need more quick, emotionally satisfying conspiracy theories in our life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, that's the news this week.
Speaker 5: We sure did report it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the news this week.
Speaker 4: We reported the head out of media go away. We reported the.
Speaker 7: News it could happen. Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. We can now find sources where it could happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening,