Speaker 1: It's nine O two one o MG with Jenny Garth and friends. Okay, Amy, Now I understand why this episode was called ricochet because of the bullet. Uh huh, it's making sense now. It's hard to figure out why they're titled things. But this one was a good one.
Speaker 2: It was a good episode, and I have a lot of thoughts. But I do feel like they just are always making David have struggles. It's like, can we cut this guy a break?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: We not.
Speaker 1: I think at the end he gets a break, he gets to marry Donna. It's kind of what I've heard happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were there, It's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know he's gotta They know that he can do the drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually he and he can, and he can kind of do that sort of unhinge like I'm losing it, you know, pretty well.
Speaker 1: To see him unhinged, because it's so not him as a person.
Speaker 2: Brian, Yeah, he's very calm, Brian, I know it's so true.
Speaker 1: Ever been unhinged that I know?
Speaker 2: He's so like even tempered.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, should we just get into.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, like, let's just go through it. However you want to go through it, do.
Speaker 1: It all Right? Season eight, episode twenty nine, Ricochet aired May sixth, nineteen ninety eight. Lay it on Me, I will okay?
Speaker 2: A do or die situation begs the question is Valerie bad to the bone? Kelly becomes suspicious when Brandon doesn't make it home. Her jealousy leads him to propose yet again. A girl visits Noah, but he swears she's just a friend. Steve finally puts business before fun. David learns the hard way you never play with a gun. First of all?
Speaker 1: Directed by Anston Williams, Let's see Laurie McCarthy. Okay, yeah, these are so good.
Speaker 2: Patsy has a good director, he is, he's very chill. Yeah, he's really good. Where to begin? The Noah thing is so weird?
Speaker 1: What okay? Can we start with that? Because I've got issues me too.
Speaker 2: And it's like she's so like scary a little bit. And it's like, why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Why they why? Why is she? Why are they close? Talking so close?
Speaker 2: Popping thank you? I'm like, okay, why is she staring at his lips? First of all? Why are you going on a ferris wheel with this random girl? I mean, I understand why, but then like what it's so weird and then he's like shocked she kissed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he kissed her back, yo.
Speaker 2: I know, And I'm like, dude, what oh, but I didn't like her evil eye. Like remember when they're in the boat and they're kind of like canodling. First of all, uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I don't think Donna would do can noodle, like make out with this with her boyfriend in front of this girl's nobody.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's just weird. Nobody does that.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe she was a little tipsy, but just like was.
Speaker 2: It was aggressive? Like I understand a little bit, but like.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just that it happened that was aggressive. It was the kisses.
Speaker 2: It was the kisses they were it was like making out.
Speaker 1: Oh there's so much tongue involved.
Speaker 2: I can't I know. I was like, whoa, this is like a lot even for me and I'm not in the room. Wait.
Speaker 1: I was watching this and Lola and my daughter was sitting across from me, and she was like, why are you making that face? It was that part of it.
Speaker 2: I made a bit of a cringey face too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm glad they like each other and everything, and kissing's great, but.
Speaker 2: But in front of this random got weird in a tiny, tiny boat, it's just weird. And then she was so like gave the stink eye, and it was like it was it was trying to be like single white female or fatal attract. It was like trying for something that I'm just like, why.
Speaker 1: I need them to try harder than because I would love that storyline.
Speaker 2: Like I totally agree, like.
Speaker 1: That's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It feels like they're just like, no, isn't she just gone? Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know she got shot, she got the rick of schete.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, what am I thinking? She's gonna have to be, you know, healed. We'll wrap this up in two episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she is going to recuperate at Donna's house. Donna's apartment, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've forgotten that.
Speaker 1: And I insist you get off this boat with my boyfriend and come to my apartment where we have a bed for you.
Speaker 2: I know we're not repeating exact storylines, but we are repeating like themes kind of remember you had the girl from the you know that girl went crazy? Like it's just like we're repeating something. Kara, Yeah, good memory, Jenny, that's shocking you remember, look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it. Oh I don't remember the wedding, but.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of it. That poorly executed.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe it will redeem itself. But it's gotten off to a rocky start. People.
Speaker 2: Was that the Santa Monica pier they went to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, couldn't you hear them like clunk clunk clunking on those big.
Speaker 2: One or to assume he bought out the peer, Yeah, he made a special reservation and he's like This weird part was when he's like stop it at the top.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what is going to happen? Why Why did he wanted to stop at the top.
Speaker 2: For her to because was she afraid of heights?
Speaker 1: She got made fun of because she got scared on the ferris wheel when they Yeah, so you wanted to like re traumatize her.
Speaker 2: It's kind of dumb. I'm not gonna lie, it's sort of dumb. And then that we I mean, who I mean maybe it was Potzi that he's like get real close, get real close.
Speaker 1: You No way. It was uncomfortably close, Like if someone was talking to me that closely, I would absolutely back.
Speaker 2: Away, even if it was like you and Brandon.
Speaker 1: It was weird and the and the and then gazing at his lips like what why she's gonna kiss him right there in front of Donna.
Speaker 2: He full, I don't know, that's a weird storyline. I guess we had to have some sort of drama to get us to the bullet. Also, I guess I didn't realize you could shoot a bullet and it can ricochet like that. I think I maybe knew that. Maybe I knew that, but I'm not sure one hundred percent knew that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you never know if it's just like hits just the right way.
Speaker 2: David was being so crazy, dude.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if they would write why would they write this for his character? After what happened to.
Speaker 2: Scott correct and he and they like bring it up. Yeah, and then and I think it's a crime to steal a gun like that, he steals Noah's gun and then he's just out there.
Speaker 1: It's just come on, then, God, there's nobody outside the peach pit after dark, I mean, because that was a random alley in Van Eyes.
Speaker 2: And he's just like pop pow, like being so unhinged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just didn't buy that he would do that after what he's been through with.
Speaker 2: It was more realistic when he was nervous with the guy at the ATM. That was like okay, you know when he went back to the ATM and he's like, give me some space. I know.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that because that guy was so close.
Speaker 2: I know. Jerry Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld has a whole bit about ATM distance and it's pretty hilarious.
Speaker 1: He was not having proper ATM distance at all.
Speaker 2: How often do you go to the ATM he needs to pass.
Speaker 1: Ever, because you could get robbed at gunpoint.
Speaker 2: Hello, I don't think so. I go through the drive through ATM and it's real convenient.
Speaker 1: Did anyone ever tell you that anyone ever telled David that he probably shouldn't go to the ATM at night?
Speaker 2: I was like literally scared of the ATM, Like literally, I don't know if that's if you go too close to the TV your eyes will cross or whatever that was, but it's like everyone put the fear in you about the ATM. I don't think it's that risky, but they're like, never go to the ATM. Never at night?
Speaker 1: Who do people still use ATMs?
Speaker 2: I do? I have to get cash sometimes. Yeah, my mom, do you remember like cashing a check at like the grocery store. You're like, oh, can I write this for over?
Speaker 1: And they're like okay, and they give you cash back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can use your right tam. I think at like the grocery store and get like, you can't get like one thousand dollars if you can get like forty dollars. Do you have cash? I try to have some cash.
Speaker 1: I don't usually have cash, honestly, but I try to keep like because of traveling a lot, I try to keep or like tipping, or yeah, because I'm begging people to help me with my suitcases constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it. We should bring back cash, you know what. I don't use coins.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to bring back cash? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Cash was kind of easy, and you're like, sort of, I think I spend too much on my credit cards. No one cares, but let's talk about it. I think the credit card is so like, you know what, I do not use nickels and dimes.
Speaker 1: You don't nickel and dime people.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have I found a nickel. I'm in La right now and I found a nickel, like on the kitchen counter. I don't know what to do with it. I think it's illegal. You're not allowed to throw money away. It's illegal. But I don't know what to do with that nickel just sits there. It has nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to have a jar and then you put all your spare change in there, and then you take the jar to the grocery store or to the bank and they count it all out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to do that back in the day. That was like how I would like when you had enough buy something. I'm like, oh, I've got some bag of coins. But anyway, Yeah, this random nickels just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry, I think I've thrown away a penny before.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things no one cares about, let me read it the mean comment about me. Let me make sure that was joyful. This was my favorite comment, guys. I do read the comments. Lindsey is what we need. It was so nice to not have to listen to Amy agree. I just wanted to read you, guys that I get it.
Speaker 1: Get it. If they don't, I mean, I don't agree with them that I.
Speaker 2: Go on random tangents. But Lindsay was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Of course she is.
Speaker 2: She's so nice. I saw her, I bumped into her. Did I tell you this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she told me. She told me. She goes, I'm just saw amy.
Speaker 2: She is so nice, like literally the sweetest thing and gorgeous, like I don't even know how to explain. She is like, stop you in your tracks. Beautiful.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's honestly the first woman that I ever looked at back in the nineties and said, I think you might be the most beautiful person I've ever seen in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, she's like a she stuns you. And her son is darling very talented too.
Speaker 1: It's like crazy, Oh yeah, I'm excited for what's gonna happen for him totally.
Speaker 2: I know he can sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been in this band since he was a little kid. He was always he's always had in like instead of soccer or whatever, he goes to band practice.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. She could not have been nicer. So I get it, guys, I get it. Lindsay is what we need. I get it. Anyway, she'll come back.
Speaker 1: She'll come back for sure, for sure, for sure. Okay, let's talk about val and the bone marrow transplant. Oh my god, First all, where did this.
Speaker 2: Come from, the hip of violations?
Speaker 1: Well, the lady didn't do that, the hip of thing.
Speaker 2: I just don't think you're not allowed to go up to somebody and be like, are you the one potentially donating to me? But where's the rules?
Speaker 1: There are no rules written out when your dad's dying and you think the boner there's rules.
Speaker 2: Have you not watched Gray's anatomy? I don't think they bring you to the same hospital, Like that would be too much pressure. They don't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, they put the pressure on her.
Speaker 2: And then how did he know her address? Doesn't he go to her door and say like, I want you to know about my father, like he goes to the bad How does he know where she is? He doesn't hold him?
Speaker 1: I own a club? Did she say the title of it?
Speaker 2: I don't really, this was so unrealistic. I'm sorry it was bananas.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. I just felt like, wait, did I me what's happening? And then the whole feeling between her and David is so bizarre the way he comes at her. At the end, he flips out. I don't understand why is he going at val Because she's decided, which is her decision, her right, She's decided not to give this bad guy her bone marrow. What's what's it to you, David?
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do with this storyline because again, potentially it's like maybe this is sort of interesting, yet is it like executed? Well, it just seems messy, and like, I think we're supposed to try to feel for.
Speaker 1: Her at some point. I had a tinge of a feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I'm like, oh, she's trying to do the right thing, and this is so messy and she shouldn't know this anyway. She should decide to give the bone marrow. You don't know who you're giving it to. Like, literally, has no one watched Gray's Anatomy. Maybe after I think you can find out at some point if all parties agree. But like, this is not this is not on the your the sister.
Speaker 1: She she goes to the sister's house.
Speaker 2: I mean that's where I find out where.
Speaker 1: The sister lives. And second of all, the sister calls her a murderer.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a little extrame. It was really heavy and dramatic, and like we already had heavy and dramatic with David we have. It's just like a lot. Poor Potzy. He must have been like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're funny.
Speaker 2: Poor Potzi. He's like, gosh, wow, this is hard.
Speaker 1: It was to not call him Potzy.
Speaker 2: I do. In fact, I'm sure I do, because if I saw these guys, I'd be like Ralph.
Speaker 1: Mouth a hundred oh the way.
Speaker 2: I think I could do Henry Winkler, not call him the fawns, but no Potzy. I would be like Potzy. Remember he ran for mayor of like, oh hi.
Speaker 1: Oh hi are palm Springs? Yeah it was oh hi.
Speaker 2: I don't think he won, but what a bummer. Why wouldn't he win? I don't know.
Speaker 1: They'll get Sonny Bono for Palm Springs, but they won't.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was a what's it called when you're like the incumbent. Maybe he just couldn't unseat the incumbent. But anyway, there's a lot for Potzy, a lot to do, a lot for him to do. It's all over the place, but there is some good stuff in it? Well, the proposal, whyenne do you want to talk about that? Say it for the end?
Speaker 1: Wait? Can I just ask you a question about guns? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've never touched one.
Speaker 1: Okay, well what in the show they say he signs up the paper and then they say you gotta wait eleven days to get your gun. Is that the way it is now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know how many days it is, but there's definitely like a waiting especially in California.
Speaker 1: Can you ask them?
Speaker 2: It's state by state?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really?
Speaker 2: State by state? Yeah, state is different, and that's like all the that's all the you know, politics of it, gun laws and all the things. Yeah, but that's why he steals Noah's gun. How does he even know how to use a gun?
Speaker 1: Well, because you know, it's not that hard. You just pull the trigger. I've had to shoot guns for rolls, definitely, but.
Speaker 2: Those are are those fake or real? They're fake?
Speaker 1: But you have to make it look real, so you gotta right.
Speaker 2: Do you get a little blowback? How does here that you fly back?
Speaker 1: No, that's like you're firing a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I don't love this storyline. I'm not gonna lie it's like, no.
Speaker 1: It seems like so.
Speaker 2: Contrived, far fetched and contrived, and like, okay, we'll give him the gun and then it's going to hit the girl and he's going to the hospital and they're calling the cops or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was a little juicy when he when he shot the girl in the arm. I was a little that was like blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, what's happening, what's happened. It took me a second to catch up. He was just so. I didn't like how like nuts he was. I didn't like that, well, he's he was drunk. Oh, I forgot that part.
Speaker 1: And he was really processing the fear that he I.
Speaker 2: Get that part. That was rough what happened to him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're grasping at straws. Is that the saying it?
Speaker 1: Probably is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm so excited for season nine and ten because my algorithm is now popping me clips from nine to ten when Dylan returns. Yeah, it's weird that and Brady Bunch my algorithm is filmed, and I'm excited for that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay, let's talk about Brandon and Kelly, because this is not.
Speaker 2: The Dreams No.
Speaker 1: It starts off with Kelly just like ragging on righteous Brandon. The way he responds to her is so quick today.
Speaker 2: Correct, but she's so annoying.
Speaker 1: She you either forgive the guy or say bye bye, don't stop and make like make everybody uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And he's way too. But look, he's been sort of a jerk about it the whole time. He's been so like, how dare you even bring this up?
Speaker 1: You got a problem with that? Can't you get past it?
Speaker 2: I'm not pleased with either of you.
Speaker 1: I just like I feel like it's I don't know, is it gonna work out for them?
Speaker 2: Don't. What I don't like is like, this is our super couple, right, this is like what we've got. This is our super couple. Don't make me dislike them, make me like them, make me like them, this is what I wish. Make me like them so much that when Brandon leaves, I'm just distraught. Oh God, Instead I'm sort of like time to go. Yeah, Like it's like I don't want that, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Think Brandon really wants to get married, and like he has to work through in the episode, and we really don't see him actually work through anything. But then he read proposes or.
Speaker 2: Did we end up? Did we end up with like a good proposal? I can't even remember.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even that good. He just said again, I want to spend my life with you, and will you marry me? And then she says yes, and then they kiss and then that's the end of the episode. So now they're like.
Speaker 2: Give me a proposal nine O two one oh, like give me, give me a something amazing.
Speaker 1: It goes back to her saying I can't trust you. I'm going to just say, yeah, pull my hair out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I can get it. It's not what we deserve. No, you know, it's like give me something great, like keep these two together. And then the job comes and he has to pick and it's like no, go like give me that. Don't give me this like nonsense or mayor or getting married. We're not What about when.
Speaker 1: Val says you're trading the rest of your life for an argument you couldn't win.
Speaker 2: She's so Caustic's I was like true, true statement totally. But also she just can never be sweet. It's not her, it's not in her.
Speaker 1: She wants to give her bone marrow to someone.
Speaker 2: Well, and she was. She was she came to your rescue and that in the peapad. But she's not sweet.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think she has to be sweet. But she does have really she does.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. They make her eighty percent terrible, twenty percent kind of interesting and cool.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Amy, that's the eighty twenty that's like the key to healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: Tell me more. I don't know about this what they say.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I don't know if I agree, but they say nothing's going to be one hundred percent perfect all the time, obviously when you're thinking about like a love relationship. But if you can get eighty percent good and have twenty percent not so great or not that's good, then you're still ahead of the game.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I think about Kelly and Brandon. They're just fighting over the same thing over and over and over again. Yeah, which look is true.
Speaker 1: Her being insecure doesn't work for me at all.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't be insecure. Yeah no, oh yeah, I remember she's all creeping around. Isn't this where she goes like?
Speaker 1: Did you.
Speaker 2: Did Brandon come here last night? I remember? She's kind of like being crazy, like almost the old check in the phone, but she.
Speaker 1: Was looking in his pockets and he caught.
Speaker 2: Her well, and then she goes to David's or something right to find out David. Yeah, Yeah, to find out did Brandon really pop by?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I really did feel old for her, just because I am part her kind of right in that moment in their bedroom when she was looking through his pockets and she confessed to him like, I'm so I don't I can't trust you, And I could feel her pain because I've been in that position before where you you're sure jealous and you have this feeling that you're not enough based on some trauma that's happened in your life or some emotional bullshit that you're carrying from something else. And I really did feel for her, and I thought I thought that scene was kind of moving for me personally, just having her like face that head on that feeling. But I don't know that she is. It would be really hard for her to not come back to that feeling again, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think you said it when you're like, hey, if you keep feeling this like you gotta you can't be with.
Speaker 1: Him mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or look, I think Kelly actually would forgive and move on. Yeah, I don't think she would be so like always worried about this.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm not that kind of girl either.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like it's not making her life fun or enjoyable. It's so like debilitating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Part of me felt for her in that.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: So when they interview people for the assistant role in the in the one paper office, that was like weird. Why were they all hot ladies?
Speaker 2: It was weird and it was making Steve gross and it was weird and I couldn't even follow it. And then he's like, I'm not going to date the person. And then the trick is the girl doesn't take the job because she suddenly wants to date Steve, who she barely even spoke to.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that what they felt instantly in love with one glance?
Speaker 2: And Janet's right there it was that was not But.
Speaker 1: I did like how Janet then goes and does her own thing and hires the hottie.
Speaker 2: Well, and she's told him no, She's told Steve no, So I'm not like it's not a Janet thing. But it's just like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for her in the hall.
Speaker 2: I guess it's so when you watch it now, it's even more kind of like, this is a crazy storyline. But back then maybe it sort of tracks for Steve, but it's just like, who's having a supermodel come in to be It's just was weird. I was like, I've used the phone, yeah, and they made them so dingy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm like, this is not cute, this is not cool.
Speaker 1: A reo typing. What about in the beginning of the show, when Steve they're talking about I don't even know what the f they're talking about, Like some story Brandon's chasing about a guy that cheated on his wife and then they put the picture of the mistress or whatever.
Speaker 2: In God, it was so sort of like a politician. It was sort of like one of those stories.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I didn't even care first of all.
Speaker 2: So random, but it was so of the time, right, I mean, it's still today, but like it's a tale as well as time. The politician had the affair and then his campaign is ruined and the girl worked for the camp. I mean, it's all that jazz, but I'm just like, there's too much happening. I can't follow any of this.
Speaker 1: Too much words with all of that that never led to anything, right.
Speaker 2: And then the assistant thing is so random and then this girl and okay, so this is gonna be Steve's love interest, and it's just like, like I said, poor Potzy, he was just like, how do to men?
Speaker 1: You should rename this episode poor Potsy.
Speaker 2: Poor Pozzy because he's just like trying to direct all this mess.
Speaker 1: Did you hear when Steve said about the lady in the paper, he goes, oh, he cheated on his wife with that?
Speaker 2: Oh god, so gross, dude. There was some gross like because that was the same sort of feeling I had about how they were like talking about these people coming in for the assistant job. It was just yucky.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, it made me feel gross. That's a good word for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some of that is like.
Speaker 1: I liked seeing the gang all in the corner of peach Pit booth.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was actually cute. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're all kind of paired off. And when Brandon says, oh, I gotta go, I got a thing to do, and he looks at his watch. Remember when people used to look at their watches instead.
Speaker 2: Of I don't even have a watch. Do you wear a watch.
Speaker 1: I have one that I should start wearing. It's just my it just was.
Speaker 2: Like too heavy for me. Numbers, I don't wear a watch, it's too heavy. I had like a nice watch and I just gave it to my sister in law because I'm like, this is I'm never gonna wear.
Speaker 1: This why though, I mean, I am really sick of the phone. Like I just feel like throwing it off a mountainside. You got to look at your phone to tell what time it is. You got to look at your phone to tell what the weather is. You got to look at your phone to tell where to go. You gotta look at your phone to pay for something. Like I'm on a rant right now, you guys, and I'm feeling angry about the phone.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do want to like not have the phone. I can't text on the phone anymore, by the way, I can't see it and that I can't do this. I want to have my.
Speaker 1: Keyboards that like your fingers don't press the right buttons anymore. Yeah, it just happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like every word is miss I really truly cannot text on the phone anymore.
Speaker 1: Sure, what do you want to do then? Ami?
Speaker 2: What do I do about it? Only emails a text on my iPad with a keyboard. It's so fast, but you know, you know, I have that issue where it's enter, enter, enter, enter, and so some people that still have the beep. I don't let my phone beep, do you? I can't.
Speaker 1: That gave me like anxiety anciety. Oh my god, if I hear someone else's phone, I get anxiety I have.
Speaker 2: I wish I could find it. I have literally the best text sound. I think it's called droplet, and it is great. It does not give you, like, you know what, a feeling.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go up, it goes down.
Speaker 2: The beep beep, beep, beep beep. I say to people, how do you live like that? How do you live like that?
Speaker 1: Now? I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it. So let's stop talking about what else?
Speaker 2: Do we forget about this? I see I think you this episode more than me.
Speaker 1: I thought it was okay, yeah, and I'm I'm honestly at the end, I feel confused and unsure. Yeah, just specifically by Brandon the hand holding through the park over the Santa Monica Pier, I feel.
Speaker 2: Slightly left down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I feel a little left down and also like befuddled.
Speaker 1: Wait. Remember there's one more thing I have to ask you. Remember when the model that's being interviewed said, I'm trying to get out of the nine hundred business.
Speaker 2: That was like a nine seven six type of deal, right, remember that. I think it's like phone sex. Remember when you there was like nine seven six and you could like talk to Santa. But then there was also like nine seven six sexy or whatever. It was like porny. I don't know did they still have it? And those things were so expensive, remember they like tricked you and you dial like nine seven six and talk to Santa. It's like a recording or something. And then I don't think I think those went away. And then you'd get a phone bell for like one hundred dollars and your dad would be like yelling at you, like what is this? Do you remember when you had to call popcorn for the time or whatever. I think it was popcorn.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You don't know about this. If you didn't know what time it was, you would dial popcorn POPC I think it was called popcorn, and then it would be like the time is five forty two and ten seconds?
Speaker 1: I never knew the popcorn part. That would take me forever.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think so. And then remember when you had to get the newspaper. Didn't know when the movie was That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you had to look in the listing.
Speaker 2: I really want to see that dinosaur movie so bad that Anne Hathaway dinosaur movie. People are telling me it's amazing and it's not playing at my theater in my town.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous. Is it awesome? Everyone's saying it's so good.
Speaker 1: He did not realize that I wasn't going to like a family movie.
Speaker 2: I thought, scary families.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. It terrify.
Speaker 1: If you are scared of dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I'm I love them.
Speaker 1: It's gory. They eat people's heads off.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I heard there's like a little bit of a trick ending. Don't tell me, don't tell me. I'm gonna find a movie theater.
Speaker 1: I've screamed out loud like six times in the theater.
Speaker 2: Did you have popcorn and an icy? That's what I'm all about.
Speaker 1: Op.
Speaker 2: What can you not eat popcorn because of the butter or something?
Speaker 1: Nope, I can't eat popcorn. It's yeah, I'm on a weird cleanse.
Speaker 2: It's okay, that's okay, that's okay. I know you wouldn't need an icy.
Speaker 1: That's like, I mean, I love icys.
Speaker 2: Just a blue drink does not seem like what you would eat. They're called in seven they can be called slurpies in seven eleven, but I prefer the icy in the movie theater, Oh my god, I can't wait to see that movie. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like it. And the Hathaway is really good in it, and Ewan McGregor is great in it.
Speaker 2: It's I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's something you'll remember when you leave.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: And I remember what happened. We covered just about everything under the second.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna give this? I just feel like it's a seven. I just feel like it's a seven.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna agree with you, honestly, because anything less would. I mean, people really worked hard to make this episode. Of these actors.
Speaker 2: Patsy tried so hard, Tootz.
Speaker 1: He tried really hard. But yeah, seven, it's a seven.
Speaker 2: That's me for the proposal episode again, to be a seven that's not good. Do it right, people, Let's get Dylan back.
Speaker 1: Next week we have episode thirty. That that's three zero Season eight, Episode thirty, the Fundamental Things. Why we have two more episodes, you guys, until we are out of season eight. It's getting exciting. I'm very excited over here. I just want season eight to end so that we can just start a new Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we'll be revived.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I have hope forgetting it.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. Everybody. Have a great week, babe ba