Speaker 1: Cape, living foul what she ain't been eating right, And the doctor told her that, well.
Speaker 2: At least I know, because ignorance is bliss. And now that I know, I might still choose to be ignorant to some of them shits you see.
Speaker 3: Dead ass, dead ass. Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Kadeen and I'm Devoued and we're the Ellis's.
Speaker 3: You may know us from posting funny videos.
Speaker 2: With our voys and reading each other publicly as a form of therapy.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'll make you need therapy most days. Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh and one more important thing to mention, we're married.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, we are.
Speaker 1: We created this podcast to open dialogue about some of li's most taboo topics.
Speaker 2: Things most folks don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Through the lens of a millennial married couple. Dead ass is a term that we say every day. So when we say dead ass, we're actually saying facts one hundred, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. We about to take philosof to our whole new level.
Speaker 2: Dead ass starts right now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to We're going to get into why this story is important. But it's about how you were raised, yes, and how your mom who is a devout Seven day Adventists.
Speaker 2: Well well, well, well, well she was raised.
Speaker 3: She practices, she practiced occasionally.
Speaker 2: And was raised as an Adventist.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you're saying your mom's a heathen. She's a heathen.
Speaker 2: That's not what I said, but I want you to give it the right context of why it makes sense for now. Yes, she was raised back home in Jamaica in church every day seven Day Aventists.
Speaker 3: And Seven Day Adventists.
Speaker 4: They don't eat pork, they don't eat shrimp, crustacean crustaceans.
Speaker 3: They don't eat lobster.
Speaker 1: They don't need none of that because it's considered unclean, unclean, unclean food. Right, yes, right, So we was at your parents' house. This was about oldest Chiros and seven, so this was about six years ago. We're at the house because we dropped Kiro off there when k still going back to go to the gym and stuff like that. And when we get back, your father has made dinner. So then we walk in the door and your mom's like when your finally made steak on the grill, and he made steak and this and this and that, so we getting ready to eat this steak, right, and your mother was ranting and raving about how good the steak was, right, how tender it was, favor it was nice, and it is the marky.
Speaker 2: Which is a lot, because yeah, there's a lot, because my father doesn't like they always debate about who cooks better. It's like an unsaid the unspoken, like, you know, my father will be like, you know, your mom make curry chicken different than me, you know, make it a vincy style your mother made. I'm like that, Let her have the curry chicken. They make a really good curry chicken. But it's like a silent debate that goes on about the cooking styles in the house. I eat all the shit though, whatever for now.
Speaker 1: But was rinting and raving about this steak, and your father was sitting over there smirking. You had a little smirk, and the here come Tristan and Sakari and Kay.
Speaker 3: They sit down and.
Speaker 1: Eat, and I see them over there giggling and laughing, and I'm like, what's so funny?
Speaker 3: Were they giggling? Are laughing? Go ahead, Kay, tell her why he was giving giggling laughing.
Speaker 2: So the reason why we started laughing, much to my poor mother's detriment is that my father was like, and we can see because we know my mother never cooks pork in the house. She doesn't eat it. She's not an advocate for it. So she's like, I'm not cooking it in my house. My father, on the other hand, was also raised adventist, but it says that he's a bad ventist because he will eat pork. You'll eat any part of the pig. So my father had made pork chops that day. It wasn't steak, it was pork chop. So unbeknownst to my mom, she smashed that pork chop yo bingle liick and good. You know what I'm saying. She ate the pork chop yo.
Speaker 3: It was her plate was clean clean.
Speaker 2: Wow. At that point, my father like, the damage was done, right, she already ate the pork chop, so it's not even like she was about to eat it. And my dad was like, oh, let her eat it, like you know, she had eaten it because nobody was around when she had dinner. And my father was so tickled by the fact that she did it because there's this been there's been this like long standing pressure that my father has put on her every time she's in front of shrimp crab lofster. He'll make a joke at dinner like Sharon, you want some or I'm going to order the pork chop you want, and she'd be like, eat that.
Speaker 3: I don't eat that.
Speaker 2: So the fact that she ate it and she enjoyed it thoroughly, my father was like that was the highlight of the decade for him.
Speaker 1: But it's but it's also too because your mom will look at us eat pork and and we'll.
Speaker 3: Be like, it tastes good.
Speaker 2: And I'm not a huge pork eater myself, just like because I just never really got into it. I eat bacon, but I'm not a huge like pork eater, but yeah, I partake you. If my father makes a pork chop and it's good, I'm gonna eat it.
Speaker 1: Kadeen will put bacon. Kadeen, we went to a vegan restaurant. She had a vegan burger. Well it wasn't a vegan restaurant, but they have vegan options vegan burger, yeah, and told him to put bacon on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it was like a like a black bean burger that I got.
Speaker 1: Here's a crazy part when she said it, they were like, oh yes, and I'm like, wait a minute. Y'all have people that put bacon on vegan burgers, and they were like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing to eat their own.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So when we finally like let my mom know, like, since you just ate a pork chop, she turned white, turned white, turned white, She turned white. And then my dad like doubled down by laughing. And if you know my dad, you know he's a man of very little words. He don't say much. He barely laughs.
Speaker 3: His shoulders was going, but.
Speaker 2: Was in heaven that day because he felt like, Wow, I finally got her to eat the pork but not really because I didn't coerce her into eating and she but the biggest flex for him was that she enjoyed it. So he was like, I can make you more if you want something tomorrow night. So mad, she was so mad. I think she went to her room and like didn't come out for the rest of the night because she probably felt like, oh my god, like I've just been a stronghold in this my entire life and I actually ate a pork chop.
Speaker 3: That's when the beef grew like it was.
Speaker 1: It was no puny, but there was already beef between them before that, but now that beef was huge.
Speaker 2: My aunt and my aunt too when she came up from Jamaica. My mom was working at Burger King, that was her first job when she came here at like eighteen, and my aunt went to Burger King one day and ordered a belt again another adventist, you know, daughter, and she ordered a BLT burger thinking it stood the beast of for burger, lettuce and tomatoes. She didn't know BLT meant bacon, lettuce and tomato. They just coming up from Jamaica. I don't know anybody.
Speaker 3: There was no burger on it.
Speaker 2: Probably was no BLT. No, it was a burger with bacon, let us tomato on it. So it was almost like ordering a whopper right with bacon on it. So they called it the belt whopper or whatever at that time. And she ate that burger down and my mom was just like, what did you order? And she said the belt burger, the burger let us and tomato. It was nice, it had done. My mom was like, that had bacon on it, and it was like a big thing, like, oh my god, you ate bacon so she had to go on like a cleanse or something after that.
Speaker 3: Bacon is good.
Speaker 2: Bacon is good, y'all. You could throw away the rest of the pages. Give me a bacon, bacon, and I'm gonna tell you why bacon is my friend now or should be my friend. As we unpack some news that I got recently after going to a holistic doctor. All right, karaoke time, I'm trying to think of songs that I had to do with food and whatnot, and as I approach this lifestyle change that I'm going to have to make according to what I found out via blood work, I'm really really dreading the approach of the holiday seasons because typically I'd want the greens, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, made.
Speaker 3: You name it.
Speaker 2: You can't eat it and I can't eat it. There's so many things, y'all that I'm going to have to remove from my diet because it does not agree with my system.
Speaker 3: Come out.
Speaker 1: You just talked through all of karaoke. The karaoke was two seconds. We need you to go back and do the karaoke.
Speaker 3: One more time.
Speaker 2: I don't know the rest of the song.
Speaker 3: Though, No, you need to sing that part now.
Speaker 2: I got greens, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, something sam oh is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'm thinking about all the things, oxtail, you name it.
Speaker 3: She can't eat none of that, yoall, she can't eat none of that.
Speaker 2: I came home mildly depressed yesterday, and I'm gonna tell y'all why stay tuned. So shout out to Josh for looking up the actual lyrics of the song. I got greens means I got beans, greens, potatoes, tomatoes, lamb ram holls, dogs, yo potatoes, tomatoes, turkey, chicken, rabbits, you.
Speaker 3: Name it was missing earlier. You just got it.
Speaker 2: I just double back and got y'all the actual lyrics because I know, I sure Azelle did not remember everything on there and half the ship she listed. Your girl can't have no more. So here's how we got here, y'all. Let me break it down to you real quick after story time. First of all, with storytime hilarious, because there's been moments here now that Mimi's been living with us, even here in Georgia, where we've ordered something like it might be a pizza or something we had recently that might have had bacon in it, and she doesn't even realize it eat it, you know, because when we're in the house, like if something's there, anybody has access to it, they can eat it. And sometimes she doesn't ask and she doesn't know that there might have been bacon in it, or like chili I made one time and had bacon and it had bacon and sausage in it. And she just went to town and crushed the bowl of chili. And I was like, I didn't even know you eat chili. You should have told me, because now we know there's bacon in it. Right, So to honor her and the way she feels about it, I'll make her own little small pot of chili moving forward that does not have the sausage in the bacon, and.
Speaker 3: It don't taste is good. It's still good, but sauce in that bacon.
Speaker 2: It just made me think I might not be able to eat chili anymore. Why not because of what I'm supposed to put in the chili ingredients. It's a couple of things that I can't have.
Speaker 1: Listen, everything is in moderation, all right. We just learned recently that if you drink too much water too fast, you can get water intoxication, and you can die doing too much of anything or too little of anything is not good for your body. So you don't have to completely cut it out. You can eat it in moderation.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand, I understand, but it was just a shock to me. It was a shock to me, so I went to a holistic doctor. Okay, I'll take you back a little bit. My mom was experiencing some kind of discoloration. Oh sorry, just hit the mic.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, I'm not gonna let that slip. Baby. I love when you hit the mic.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're so ag.
Speaker 2: But no, my mom had discolouration that appeared on her skin, kind of from her collarbone up, and she got tested for all these autoimmune diseases. Nothing came up in her blood work with her regular primary doctor. She had gone to a dermatologist. Dermatologist at this point is thinking all of these topical things may potentially work, but no one really had an actual diagnosis or a plan for how to treat said issue. Right. So in talking to our manager Donorra one day, and this is stuff that I had told her prior to but you know, sometimes you got to hear from somebody else for it to make sense, I said to her mom, like, I think that the dermatologist route is like a band aid situation. You're treating something topically where they may be going on something internally that you don't see. So she decided to go and see a holistic doctor who did a separate, more evasive, extensive panel of blood sample work where she was able to tell her things that she was allergic to, that she may have been consuming and that was causing inflammation, which in turn causes toxins to build up in the body, mucus and things like that.
Speaker 3: And it's called natural pathic, right, natural pathic medicine.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So this is pretty much ways of treating the body using herbs, things that are anything but medicine, actual medicine. So the person that she's seeing now will never prescribe her a pill or a drug or a cream. It's all going to be healing the body from the inside out. So in doing this blood work panel, my mom was like astonished to see that majority of the things that she was eating, that she enjoyed, that she grew up eating, or things that she was highly allergic to, and in turn it caused a buildup of candida, which is yeast in her blood, in her gut and pretty much her body was consumed by this. So she had to go through a fourteen week detoxification program where she was put on a very strict diet of things that she was only able to consume because it would aid in the detoxification the detoxification process as well as give her the nutrients that she needed, but it would also to just help her to rid her body of anything that was toxic and it was able to tell her. The tests that she ran was also able to tell her that the yeast in her body had been there for years, for years. So back home in Jamaica, my mom used to always get what we call a wash out or a laxative or a detox from my grandmother at the top of the school year to prepare to go back to school. That was their thing, and back home in Jamaica, Grandma didn't have like your pill or something to do that. She would go and pick fresh herbs from the garden, dry them or the bush as we would call it, and then blend it, not blend it, boil it, let it seep and then you would have to drink this. So we did this as a child too. My grandmother used to be to go to her for a weekend before school started, usually like that weekend before Labor Day. We go to Grandma on a Friday. She would draw the tea and then we would drink it Friday night and then we'd literally be using the bathroom Saturday Sun. They go back home and prepare to go home that Monday. So this was just the way of cleaning the body out at least once a year. So when my mom was thinking about isn't.
Speaker 1: It yeah, he just gave y'all laxatives, but natural laxatives. So shit, y'all asses down.
Speaker 4: For pretty much pretty much go back to school, light lights ready.
Speaker 2: Light brain function, everything on high like all that. So my mom hated the taste of these because they don't taste well, they're bitter. You know, they don't taste good. Think about a kid you're having to drink this cup of the solution that tastes awful. So from that point on, my mom was pretty much scarred from laxatives. So when I spoke to her after her appointment, you know she's awaiting the blood work. I was like, Mom, when's the last time you had like a really good life detox wash out laxative like, and she said that she hadn't had one since the last one her mom gave her back home in Jamaica when she was a kid.
Speaker 3: That's pretty crazy. She never took a laxative here in the States.
Speaker 2: No, she never did, and not for lack of effort, because she had actually tried to take one that we had gotten from like a health food store, a Caribbean health food store out here, and when she went to the counter and asked for one, all of the workers were like, oh my god, if you take this, like, be prepared to not leave your house for days, because this is going to clear everything out, like it's gonna scrape you from the bones type of thing. My mother took that and it did nothing for her. Dang nothing for her. So I was like, Sis, you must be.
Speaker 1: Ultra stomach, ultra backtar like a cast iron skillet.
Speaker 2: You must be ultra backed up. If this was supposed to be the most potent laxative that they had, and it didn't do anything, And she had tried a couple other pills here and there that did not work.
Speaker 1: But you know why wash outs are important too. When you get a build up in your stomach. You're digestive track all the nutrients that come in that you eat. It's hard for your body to get the nutrients because you have like this tar build up in your DIGESTI I remember when I was playing football and a couple of the guys used to go to get colonics before the season. Number One, if you're trying to make weight, it's an easy way to lose a smooth five pounds before you go, because it helps you lose weight. But also when you're taking supplements and you want to get all the nutrients in your body, taking a kalonic beforehand allows you to prepare so your body can heal faster, which, if you think about it, is people get klonics for a healing property. To be a professional athlete, Cleaning your systems to be something that we do, just as people like you shouldn't have to be a professional athlete to go clean out your inside.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of crazy to hear that.
Speaker 1: You know, we as people, when we're not thinking about performing, don't think about our bodies as machines.
Speaker 3: We typically just treat our body like crap.
Speaker 1: We don't sleep, we don't eat right, and we don't give ourselves the right wash outs to clear our body, but.
Speaker 3: We do it to our cars.
Speaker 1: We get oil changes, and even in the oil change, when release the oil, all the sludge that comes out is the same thing in your stomach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or think about the drain right every time? I again, you need some drain or to get rid of the build up in that. If we're doing these two things that are just non human, why not do it to ourselves, you know. So, prior to her actually having the appointment with the doctor, a good friend of mine, her name is Shinikwa Samuels. She has a page on Instagram called high Frequency and she does a lot of all natural holistic methods as well ways and she's very knowledgeable on the body, the organs, the cells, what's needed to live your best life and your most healthy life. So she sent me a wash out that I actually took. Prior to having CODA, we had just moved to Georgia. I'm like, I feel like my body needed a reset. I had a miscarriage a couple months before that. So she said, sister, I'm gonna send you this wash out. Take the wash out. You have to eat a raw diet for about seven to ten days and it should get rid of the mucus and ToxS and build up in your body. So, because my mom had was trying other things in the past and she was unsuccessful, I asked Janika to send me the bit The bit test is called the bitus d and Mom actually used it. Now, this tastes awful, so the fact that my mom tried to use it, it was a big feat for her. So I was like, Mom, just drink it down, take a piece of lemon or orange after, and just try to take the taste away. So that actually got my mom's body moving a little bit. So I'm like, Okay, So Sannikoa has something that definitely works. Because if it's breaking down the sludge in Mom's belly, then I know that this was going to be something that was successful. But also kind of prepping her for this appointment she had with the holistic doctor.
Speaker 1: You went to this lady, and y'all talked about my bowels. Now we're on the podcast you talk about your mom bows. We started with talk about you not eating right? Why haven't we gotten to you not eating right?
Speaker 2: I'm giving them the preface of how I got to.
Speaker 3: Ben forty five minutes. Shut up, it's been forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Shut up. I'm getting to this one.
Speaker 3: It's been forty five minutes. Okay, we know your mom was stopped up. We get it. We want to know what you ain't eating no more, and that's who we want to know. Guys, don't you'll want to hear that. What is Kadeen not eating?
Speaker 2: Now? Do just to make fun of me? Little does he know that he has appointment on Friday at ten am to get the same blood work done to see what's been fucking his stomach up to sun.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm not scared.
Speaker 2: I am getting to the point of all. I have to let them know how we arrived here at this. So with mom's situation being the way it was and her now going to this doctor, she was on a fourteen week detox program. She's lost over twenty pounds and the discoloration on her face is starting to lighten. Now through the process. She'd be like, hey, do you see any difference? Somebody skined you se any difference? Because of course it's something she was self conscious about, right, and being with someone every day sometimes you don't see the progress as much as someone who may not have seen her for that fourteen week period, but the doctor took a photo of her before, so the first day she started the detox versus the last day, and there was a significant difference in the lightning of her face. So she's continuing the program. And it just made me think about all of these diseases that run in the family, like your diabetes, your high blood pressure, your high cholesterol, like so many things that run in my family. Heart disease runs rampant. And I also remember getting the book Eating Right for Your Blood Type and trying to think, like, man, if my mom and I have the same blood type, we both have the sickle cell trait, maybe some of the things that she shouldn't be eating I shouldn't be eating. And as I'm approaching or I'm calling it the road to forty, I really am being more deliberate about being my best self and my most natural, wholesome self. So I've removed the IUD from my body, so I'm no longer on any kind of birth control. Thank you to my husband over here for getting a sectomy so now we can safely and I still.
Speaker 3: Haven't got a vaseectam party yet.
Speaker 2: Guys, that was the Beyonce show.
Speaker 1: I should still have not gotten a sect me gone to. I haven't got a vasecta me cake yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have all the.
Speaker 1: Things that I'm supposed to get I haven't gotten. She'd been to see Beyonce three times. Guys, you want to go and fifth time.
Speaker 2: I'm a plan of a sectomy party because it means that much he told me for me party. I guess you have to have.
Speaker 1: It for you. You mean you guess you have to have it. Didn't you have a push present?
Speaker 3: H yes? Didn't you have a baby shower?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: How you asked some the questions to answer them yourself.
Speaker 1: Because there's questions we want to know, like what you can't eat and you not get into it.
Speaker 2: So now that Deval has done that and I'm off of the hormones, right, that was one adjustment that I had to make. And I've seen a significant improvement in my skin already from and my skin and my energy and my mood from not being on birth control right, and also my sex drive is back up. But I'm like, what more can I do to ensure that? Moving forward into my forties and beyond and trying to live my best life and my healthiest life for my children so that they don't have to take care of me when I'm in my eighties and my nineties. What can I do? So I decided to see the doctor that my mom's saw and get an extensive blood work panel done for myself to check hormones, check allergies, and check all of the things that I should be looking into. And baby, let me tell you I got my results back. Can you pas me this folder right here?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 2: Please the moment you've been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she want to ask me to do stuff. Yeah, I see, she want to ask me to do stuff. Let me help you, all right, give me the folder. Let me see if it's fuller.
Speaker 3: I don't see. No plans for no psychtomy party.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: So I want to be celebrated, Okay.
Speaker 2: I got you. Don't worry about that. I got you. Since it means that much to you, I got you. So yes, I have a more extensive panel. It does. It means a whole lot to me. I love you for it.
Speaker 3: I almost have my offsecting me a year ago October, so.
Speaker 2: We can celebrate the anniversary of this year. We can celebrate the anniversary of it. So that being said, I got my blood work back and I was astounded, astonished for so many adjectives when I got the results back. So she pretty much gives you a bar graph and it's labeled with different foods. You have dairy, you have eggs, meat and poultry, vegetables, herbs and spices, grains, nuts and seeds, legoons what lego beans is the general term for it.
Speaker 3: Legoon like legoons. I never even knew that.
Speaker 1: I'm about what are my lagoon options when I go to a restaurant?
Speaker 3: What are my lagoon options?
Speaker 2: What's how we went to this French restaurant and Devour was ordering dessert and the option on there was for a fruit plate and Develops like, I'll have the fruit platee. And they were like, excuse me.
Speaker 3: Your trip well, you laughing too loud over there? You laughing too loud though it was in French.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? He thought the ship was in French. Is there a fruit plate? They were like, you mean the fruit plate, sir, And he was like, hey, that he's there, fruit platae. So now you can run around saying lagoons culture to talk about beans, greens, potatoes, tomatoes, you name it their lagoons. Okay, then you have fish crustaceans, and it's like a story that we've had for years that we have to share. So whenever we go out now and there is a fruit plate on the menu, I'm like, you can't order the fruit plaatee.
Speaker 3: Make sure you have a fruit plat at my second as.
Speaker 2: Sure as hell will. I have several enligus too, Yes, fish crustaceans and molluks, and there's fruit and then miscellaneous, and then there's a candida, which is a yeas screening. So I'm going to tell you everything that I can't eat that I'm highly alertic to that I have been consuming like a mug all my life. Top of the list dairy cheddar cheese, cow's milk. Way, I need to be dairy free. According to my blood work, I should not be ingesting any sort of dairy, so, you know, milks and stuff like that, which is kind of okay because I don't drink milk really, and if I do drink milk, I drink CASHW milk, which I actually enjoy. So I drink that because I enjoy it, but I do every now and again get a little two percent cow's milk organic to dip my chocolate chip cookie in. And then my heart broke even more when I found out I am allergic to chocolate. The cocoa bean on the scale on that list, okay, it goes like a green to a red. I am literally in the red for chocolate, y'all. When I take my edible at night and I want a little snack, the first thing I reach for is chocolate.
Speaker 1: Always to be chocolate all in the bag. It's I wake up in the morning, It's just chocolate in the bed. I'm like, yo, this is terrible.
Speaker 2: CoDeeN alertic to cocoa bean.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. I'm caramel.
Speaker 2: That was cute.
Speaker 3: That was cute.
Speaker 2: Beef, we can't have ax steel again?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean.
Speaker 2: You mean? So that's steak? I sail burgers. And I won't say I eat red meat super often, but every now and again, I want to go to a steakhouse and get me a nice you know ribbi me.
Speaker 3: You can, and you can, you can, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Just gonna have to be prepared to be inflamed after eating something like that. Like, do I want to have to deal with that?
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: The chicken egg white and yolk severely allergic.
Speaker 3: She been eating.
Speaker 1: Y'all been talking about how she's been losing so much weight, which is crazy to me because you've been losing weight eating these things. Now we have to admit you have been dealing with some inflammation. But I haven't been eggs every day, egg whites every day.
Speaker 2: I told y'all on a previous episode about in me trying to get back after you know, the kids and whatnot. On my nutrition journey, I've been drinking egg whites Like I literally would take a cup of egg whites and put a little bit of that toffee sweetener in it and drink it to get your proteine. And like you said, it's amazing to me because I'm seeing my body transform every day and I do feel out of aches and pains and stuff in my joints, and I'm thinking, man, I'm just approaching forty. So this is when the shit starts, right, this is when the turn up happens. But she said inflammation leads the toxins, which leads the diseases, and that's essentially what's happening. So it may be beneficial to achieve the things I want to achieve, but internally there's things festering there I may not see. So the things that I can have periodically chicken, lamb, turkey maybe three or four times a week. My most compatible ahead, my most compatible go ahead, which read the lowest on the chart. Pork.
Speaker 3: Now you're welcome.
Speaker 1: You want to know why I say you're welcome, pork, y'all? It was this country boy, well a city boy whose families from the country, who introduced you to all the different ways that you can use pork, baby, And that's why you looking good the way you look now eating pork blew my mind.
Speaker 3: So bacon on it.
Speaker 2: So me saying that I probably would never give up bacon if I gave up the rest the pig. Now now I have to go part taking more pigs.
Speaker 3: Go eat the pig, put bacon on it. It's good for your blood time.
Speaker 2: Like you used to do.
Speaker 1: But isn't it crazy though, that while we've fallen into this idea that you only have to eat a certain way to achieve the maximum potential from your body, rather than listening to our body. It kind of goes in synergy to what we're talking about, right, We as a couple tried to listen to everybody else's ideas of what was going to make our relationship work, and it didn't work. Our relationship was inflamed. And it wasn't until we started listening to ourselves, testing ourselves that we figured out, Hey, this works for us. It's literally the same thing with food and your body.
Speaker 2: The analogy.
Speaker 1: Think about it, baby, that's that was deep, right, I was deep. I was, I was, I was. I was in here like porking your stomach, baby, giving you that.
Speaker 2: Good easy digestion, not inflamed.
Speaker 1: No inflammation, no Toxesach baby over here, baby, say I want that pork.
Speaker 3: I'll put that pork in my stomache. Let me put that pork.
Speaker 2: In, man, because it does a body good. Furthermore, it says that my nutrition journey and my route to getting back to what I want to be is not going to be the same for everybody. Things are not compatible with me that can be compatible for you. So for example, my mom and having her issues didn't even show up on her.
Speaker 3: She can have she.
Speaker 1: Wants, and you're a descendant of your mom, you would think that y'all would have similar.
Speaker 2: Things, which, in turn, I asked the doctor about this eating right for your blood type thing. Seen as though my mom and I have the same blood type, maybe our profile should be the exact same, and it's not.
Speaker 3: Y'all have the same blood type and it's different and it's different.
Speaker 2: So that blood reading eating right for your blood type thing is probably loosely based on because everybody's so different. Your genetic makeup may be similar but also different because my dad's side.
Speaker 3: Now, because the book.
Speaker 1: Said, if you're this blood type, you should eat these foods right, But it's not the same because you and your mom have the same.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you were just talking to me. Here you go.
Speaker 1: Burping and getting hiccups in the way while I'm talking to.
Speaker 3: My bad trouble. I just felt it. I stopped. I stopped it, so you can cut it. You know what I'm saying, My bad job.
Speaker 1: Y'all ever heard me burp on the podcast, It ain't it ain't my for k remind me that I was doing.
Speaker 2: Because she got to listen to the ship and edit it. Right. But so mom can eat beef, I can't. But we both share the same dairy allergy, so we both can't have.
Speaker 3: Dairy well, I mean half of your genetic makeup comes from your.
Speaker 2: My dad and da exactly, which makes me think even further it would be interesting if my father did this, so we can see the whole comparison here right. In terms of vegetables, I'm pretty decent in most of them, with the exception of carrot. I'm super allergic to carrot. The funny thing is my mom hated carrots growing up as a kid, so she never gave us carrots, so I never grew up really eating carrots like that. I try to introduce them to our kids that don't want them to not eat them because I didn't eat them, and as parents, you kind of tend to do that. You grow up in the house where y all eat the same thing. But I do have a slight irritation to tomato, and in looking at this again, it's moderate. So I can have tomato, but probably on like a rotating three to four times a week basis, which is okay with me. Spices and herbs, coriander, I'm super alertic too, don't really cook with coriander. But the Corey poda. You want to tell a Jamaican Vincenia and girl, she can't have.
Speaker 3: Corey Jamaican and Indian.
Speaker 2: Bro, Look at here. Curry powder for me is just hitting the high mark. So we can't have currey chicken corey go Speaking of which, I have to see what golat? Where goat falls on this?
Speaker 3: I think it's beef.
Speaker 2: Is golt technically cut beef? Yeah? I feel like I want to eat. I want to exist in the space of ignorance and not even ask, so I can eat my goat every now and again.
Speaker 1: But I just want you to hear her at rationale. That's the same rationale she used for the Vasectam party. I'm operating a place of ignorance and act like I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: So I don't got to throw this man of a sectamy party. I'm not letting it go. I just want you to see the synergies in her mindset.
Speaker 2: Bro. But you want to tell a Jamken Vincen that she can't have curry, that means doll. I love curry eggplant or curry balangi as my father says in his country, curry shrimp, all of that highly highly, well not highly. I'm just hitting the high mark. I'm just hitting the high mark on it.
Speaker 3: Let mean, wait, wait, wait, wait, is it cury?
Speaker 2: Curry? Powder's right here, it's in the red. It's pretty much in the red. But again, am I eating curry now? Because we have been a little curried out lately.
Speaker 1: If you eat curry every two weeks, I don't think that that's a big I agree, you know what I'm saying, Because it's fifty two weeks in a year.
Speaker 3: So if you eat it every two weeks, so it's not every week.
Speaker 1: You eat it twenty five times out of three hundred and sixty five days, right, and in three hundred and sixty five days, some three meals you looking at over one thousand meals. If you eat curry twenty five times, I doubt you know, twenty five times.
Speaker 3: With one thousand meals, that's less than two percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. No part of me was wondering if I do introduce any of these things that I'm allergic to, if my body's in a good place, will it like set off some kind of reaction. So part of me feels like I want to do the detox program with her, and I want to kind of see an experiment because she said you will, Like she said, nothing here, anybody does one hundred percent. So when she puts me on this detox program right to get rid of the build up of east I have in my system because I have it as well. I'm curious to see how things will negatively impact my body moving forward, or how stellar my body could be if I then remove these things from my diet. So onto grains, Throw the whole grains away. Just throw the whole fucking throw the entire thing away. Look at this barley, gluten oaked. I love me a bowl of oatmeal, no.
Speaker 3: Corn, okay, grist me.
Speaker 1: You marrying a Southern black man saved your life between pork and grits, baby bacon at well the age you can have bacon and grits in the more and it was good for you.
Speaker 3: That's why you thick the way you think.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking to me, like that's starch and fat, Like, where's the protein in that?
Speaker 3: You're welcome?
Speaker 2: Where's the protein in that You're welcome? But baby, I'm gonna be eating more grits.
Speaker 3: Clearly that's gonna talk about. Baby. Grits is winning. Remember we had the grits versus porridge battle.
Speaker 2: Yes we won, But but I'm gonna have to have the grits savory because I'm allergic to cane sugar, y'all, because you are. You know that's true. The abundance of sweetness. Insiders, they're like, you neededymore, says I did that, y'all, but sugar cane.
Speaker 3: Like what moderation.
Speaker 2: I'm a rum drinker. I'm gonna drink my rum. I'm going to have my own rum one day. Moderation And that's just what it is, moderation.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Even if you sip say you were to sip a bit of rum every day, right, every day you have three meals a day, You've been drinking water all day, and you sip on a glass of rum with a nice big ice cube, a nice little, nice rum.
Speaker 3: Straight, that's not bad. Even if you do it every day.
Speaker 1: It's three hundred and sixty five days out a year. You have over a thousand meals. Right, that's if you did it every day. You're not gonna sip rum every day. So you say you sip rum every other day, you cut it in half. One hundred and fifty little things a rum over a thousand meal.
Speaker 2: You know what I love so much about you? Whereas I came in thinking like, oh my god, my life is all work because I can't have any of this stuff. You're over here saying, babe, this is the bright side. Yes, that's such a youth thing, and I love you and I appreciate you for that. But man, this blew my mind. It blew my mind. I can't have lentils in the lagomes category. Soybeans, well, soy is bad anyway because it produces estrogen in the body, so you shouldn't really have that. Wheat severely allergic to that. When it comes to nuts and seeds, almonds probably my most favorite one.
Speaker 3: Taking any more nut.
Speaker 2: Damn, damn, Sorry about that, babe.
Speaker 3: Damn got the most protein though.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does, it does well. Your nut is not potent anymore. And then we haven't had the vaseectonmy party yet, so we'll see how that people.
Speaker 1: Matter fora We're gonna do a whole podcast when I have is rejected to be partying.
Speaker 2: You will have it, watch it, trust me, you'll have one. Don't worry about it. I wanted to be grand.
Speaker 3: If the protein is everywhere, no, they will not pause that. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You have a big old penis cake with a little band aid on the nuts.
Speaker 1: First of all, they didn't cut my penis.
Speaker 3: They cut my nuts, all right.
Speaker 1: But I wonder though if the nut potency of the protein levels in the nut dropped because there's no more kids in there.
Speaker 2: But we wouldn't know that because you haven't gone back to get checked.
Speaker 3: We do know that because you're not pregnant.
Speaker 2: We was, we was. We was a little touch and go with that one. It's a good thing that I stayed on birth control for a lot.
Speaker 1: You're not pregnant, and it's been in the amount of stuff that's been going on here over these last couple of months, you would have been pregnant, you know what I'm saying. Plus you way more in a way better shape, you, way more fertile now your hormones, you'd have been pregnant.
Speaker 3: So we know.
Speaker 1: But I am concerned about the amount of protein that is in my nut nets.
Speaker 2: So we may probably go get a tested and see. We'll do a whole Patreon episode on that. We can go back and get your your seedmen tested and we can see so almonds, walnuts, chestnuts, macadamia nuts, hazel nuts, peanuts, you can't none of that ships, None of that these nuts I should have asked her. I'm like, can I just at least hold on to my husband's That's the only one I'm really interested in anyway, Right, So I want to be replacing my oat milk almond milk with cashew milk, now ya, I mean sorry, with cashew milk or coconut milk or pea milk I can use as well. Don't even go there with THEE.
Speaker 3: I'm not going p E milk.
Speaker 2: In the fish crustaceans malas category, I can have all the things you know how hype, I will be things you Gucci, all the things you.
Speaker 3: Can have fish, shrimp, livester crab you Gucci.
Speaker 2: That just goes to show that my taste is innately expensive because look at that all of the things that look at that low. Everything is in the green lo lo lo lo lo. Everything should be carrying lifestyle with no dairy and no eggs and no gluten essentially.
Speaker 3: Which is not a bad lifestyle. WI.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be vegan, no, you know what I'm saying, But you can you can have like almost.
Speaker 2: Vegan almost almost with the ascension, with the exception of the fish category. But yes, with the egg free, gluten free, that's essentially dairy free. It's like vegan, so cheeses I would have to do like vegan cheeses, which.
Speaker 3: Is not a bad health choice. It's really not nice. You get to live a healthier life. I can still live in moderations.
Speaker 2: That's my mindset with it. That's you know, I've let it's soaking overnight because it's literally I'm doing this episode the day after I got my results.
Speaker 3: So let's let's make a plan. Okay, you get to eat beef once a week.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even do that. I don't even need it that much. I don't eat beef once a week that much.
Speaker 1: So then every other week, yeah, that's twenty five times.
Speaker 2: If the beef is there and I want to have it, I might take a bite or two.
Speaker 3: But that's the whole point.
Speaker 1: The point is when people get this not to be like oh doom and gloom, right, is to really think about your life and be like, you know what if I had to make a choice in this moment to eat something that I know was going to cause inflammation in my body or eat something else. For example, if you're out, let me not get a hamburger, let me get a chicken salad or.
Speaker 2: Let me get a turkey burger or burger bean burger with bacon.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's the choice you make the spirit, and that's that's how you get better.
Speaker 2: And I implore everybody too. I mean, even if you're not getting a test this extensive, just understand that what's good for you is not good for somebody else, Which makes me even think even further. Once you get your results and you take you in, what about it. If we were to test all four of our boys, It's crazy. This house would probably look insane with the amount of things that they can and can't have. You know what might because we realized recently Kikaz has a crab allergy just from.
Speaker 3: Introducing we didn't we didn't get confirmation, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We assume that it was because that was the one thing that he had that he had never had that gave him a little bit of a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of action. Yeah, but how much did this test costs?
Speaker 2: So this testing, I think if you're doing blood alone, it's twelve hundred. And that's the only thing that is the downside with going to a.
Speaker 3: Doctor who's investment.
Speaker 2: We say downside, I mean it may not be cost effective, cost effective or feasible for many people to just go and do this test.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking that as an excuse. I'm gonna tell you why, Okay, gonna tell you why.
Speaker 2: They can just finish this real quick so that way we can just okay, and just to round it off, so I let you guys know, I'm severely allergid to cantalope. Guava is up there as well too. I don't have either often. Orange and papaya are kind of high up there as well too, and I can kind of partake in any other fruit after that, brewers yeast, cane, sugar, chocolate, sunflower seeds, and then I have an abundance of candida in my blood, so that's where it goes. And I'm also doing a saliva and stool sample test that I have to start doing this week, so I'm getting in the complete work up. But go on to say that, babe, and I think I know where you're gonna go with.
Speaker 3: We're going to go with this stool sample like that.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't even need to be in my business that much.
Speaker 3: We put that out there. I put that out there do not ask me to help you with that.
Speaker 2: I'm letting them know. The total package the blood work alone, I believe is like twelve or fifteen hundred, and then if you're doing the stool and saliva sample and everything, I feel like the total cost for everything to get your entire work up. And that's also in addition to the allergy test. I did a basic CBC panel. She tested my glucose, sodium, potassium, magnesium. I have low iron, low magnesium, My bag clestero is a little high. So there's a lot of things that are kind of an effect of having the inflammation in my body now that I have to rid my body of. So total with everything was about thirty five hundred. But I think just for the blood price to pay this for the blood, but I think that's a small price to pay to at least know and that second investment for me in the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Now me, I would do it this way.
Speaker 1: Say, say we were in a position where we were when we first got back to Brooklyn, right, and this is something I really want to focus on. Remember, the younger you start this, the younger you will remain. For example, we're all fighting the aging process the only thing you're guaranteed in life is death. Yeah, from the minute you start living, you start dying. Right, you're preparing yourself to live as long as you can. How do you prepare yourself to live as long as you can trying to remain as young as possible by being healthy, right, working out, eating right. If we were twenty six twenty seven year old Devo right just got kicked out of the NFL, had moved back to Brooklyn, this is something that I would say, you know what, for the next year, I'm going to save one hundred dollars a month and put it in my blood sample test fund at the end of the year. For the top of next year, I'm going to take my blood tests twelve hundred dollars, find out what I can they cannot eat, do another test, I mean, do another year of changing the way I diet. But then at the end of the next year, I have another twelve hundred dollars do a separate part of the test. This is not something you all have to do at one time time and I don't want to make people feel like them. I can't afford thirty six hundred dollars, so it can't be healthy. Yes, you can be healthy, especially if you sacrifice, because you know what the sacrifice is. When you're not willing to sacrifice for the things that you want, the sacrifice becomes the thing that you want.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you're not willing to sacrifice for the things you want, the sacrifice becomes the thing you want.
Speaker 2: No, it's that you're absolutely right about that. And think about how many things you put on layaway, how many things you're like, oh, I'm trying to go on this trip. So every month, I'm gonna put towards this for this trip, you know where, You're probably gonna eat and drink your life away, which is fine because we all deserve that we do the same thing to that. But it's like, I have four children and a husband to live for. I do not want to be in my sixties and seventies and dealing with you know, hypertension and diabetes and all that, and then my children now have to then turn in turn take care of me because I was not responsible enough to take care of myself when I could and I was able to. You know better, you should do better. Absolutely absolutely, So we are going to do a Patreon episode where Daval goes in for his blood work and gets his results and we'll chat with the doctor too. I'm just waiting to get permission from her to be able to do all of this and speak openly about her works, which I'm sure she would love to do, because she herself said too. Within our community, specifically the Black community, the Caribbean community, the Black American community, we just don't know about her line of work, and it's harder to sometimes even afford it. But there are ways to make it happen. And she doesn't deal with just this component of health and wellness. She sees people who suffer from all kinds of diseases and ailments, down to cancer patients. I mean, she has an entire wellness facility where she does colonics, hyperbaric chambers, detoxes, all of that.
Speaker 1: That tastes so funny. I think this will get black men to commit to this, right, Okay. I had a black man send me a DM that he found out that he had high blood pressure, so he went he had to take his blood pressure medication, but the blood pressure medication doesn't give him a rectile dysfunction, so he was just like bro like, what can I do? Because he knew that I was in exercise physiology, in kinesiology, so he was like, what can I do to lower my blood pressure so I don't have to take this medication. But this is a message to black men. If you start focusing on your health when you're younger, it can help your libido last longer.
Speaker 3: Because here is the truth.
Speaker 1: Women start to get into their sexual peak late thirties forties.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Imagine, imagine your woman is now hitting her sexual peak and you can't keep up because of all of those years of drinking poorly, not exercising, eating poorly, smoking the wrong things. But imagine now if you can reverse the clock and feel like you're twenty two.
Speaker 2: In your forties, that would be.
Speaker 1: So that you and your significant other can enjoy that love life. That is what I think black men would sign up for and be like, you know what if I could extend my love life to enjoy it, because a lot of black men say, you can't even really enjoy your love life because financially you can't even afford the type of women that you want to share that with. And then finally when you get it you're in your thirties, your forties, and now your libido has dropped, right, you know what I'm saying, I've had I've spoken to a lot of black men about this. You feel that way, This is a way, and I want to do a.
Speaker 3: Whole podcast about that.
Speaker 1: On health even you know, because we're supposed to go to chiropractor, Well, you went to the chiropractor. Took me to the chiropractor, and I learned a lot about the degenerative properties in my spine because of all of the training I've been doing as a professional aspright.
Speaker 2: Or even in your spine at the top, from just holding your head down being on your phone, like we all are guilty of that.
Speaker 1: So just just and even even my flexibility in my hips, my alignment was on. There were certain moves I used to do when I was you know what I'm saying, when we was in college.
Speaker 2: To be in the moves when I'm like, yo, I can't even open my.
Speaker 3: Leg like that.
Speaker 2: You retired the move, Like, you can't retire the move.
Speaker 4: We can't get that shit, Bay, I didn't retire because after we went to the chiropractor, I've been getting these adjustments doing a decompression.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've gotten a lot more flexible. Yes, but I have done a better job things to my wife. And we're going to do a whole podcast on how Kadeen and I have turned into our grandparents, where Kadeen goes places, gets blood work done, gets this checked out, and then she drags me there and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want to do this, but then I learned so much about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll do a podcast about black men being more intentional about their health and wellness so that they can be great partners. Listen, in every aspect just being here healthy, but also being a good sexual partner for your wife.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to get keep especially when it comes to my husband, Like, we're doing this life together till the wheels fall off, and if I know more that can help us, I'm going to do more, and I want to bring you along. And I'm not keeping this information for y'all either, because in this community that we have here Dead Ass Podcast, We're going to tell you guys everything that we've learned to help our life to make it that much better, that much more enjoyable, and how we can ride off into the sunset, baby right, off into the sunset healthily and enjoying the rest of the life that we have. All right, y'all, So this is kind of going to be a two be continued episode because once de Val gets his ress elson, we'll probably do another episode and he'll let you guys know all the things that he cannot consume anymore and how we're working through that tickeet.
Speaker 1: Adjustments together, because what if my thing is opposite from hers, I'm not gonna expect her to make two dinners every night and I'm going so we're gonna figure how to make it work.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what I get my blood, sure, and we'll see.
Speaker 2: How works, and we're going to see how that trickles down to the kids. All right, So stay tuned look forward to that. We're gonna pay some bills and come back with listener letters.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back now.
Speaker 2: We are back, and let's get into these lists first real quickly on go yes, all right? Do you think?
Speaker 3: All right? Number one?
Speaker 1: I love how much you guys love each other and how open you are. Your book is helping me give grace in my relationship now and understanding who he is rather than trying to control how he is with me. That's what's up, man, That's what we want for everybody. Love, peace and happiness. I knew my boyfriend for twenty plus years. We were friends since your high school. We got together in our early twenties, but ended up separating because he was immature and wanted to deal with multiple women at once. We reconnected in twenty nineteen and started having friendly conversation. It began to feel like old times, and in my heart, I felt like he was the one. He is the one, He's my soulmate. We took the leap of faith. But in between the time we separated, I had two children.
Speaker 3: Backstory.
Speaker 1: During the time we reconnected as friends, I was going through a horrible breakup with my children's father. He would leave the house and not return till the next day to shower and do it all over again, and would leave me to take care of the children alone. My boyfriend has stepped in and been an amazing father figure to my children, and now their father is making it difficult for us by doing little petty things to try to provoke my boyfriend and send sheriffs to my home to try to get custody of the children. When he's seen I moved on. How do I go forward handling this situation without jeopardizing my relationship?
Speaker 2: Damn girl, I feel like we know people who in this situation.
Speaker 3: Point.
Speaker 1: She said that she moved on from her best friend because he was being immature and wanted to deal with different women. So then she went and got with a guy who was meeting with different women and had children with that guy. This is what I want to point out. Sometimes when people are honest with you about what they need or require, that moment you run from the honesty. Remember you said ignorance is bliss. You ran from the honesty with someone who told you what he wanted to deal with, to deal with someone who was going to give you a situation of ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't know that he's dealing with other.
Speaker 1: Women, but he is. And you had two children with him. Interesting, And now the guy that you said was immature quote unquote, and you knew he was dealing with other you know he was dealing with other women. You coming back to him because he's a better person. I'm saying this to you not as a woman, but as a person. Sometimes when people give you the truth, don't run from the truth because it's not what you want to hear except the truth, because that's where that person is in that moment, even if they're even if where they are in that moment, you don't want to deal with that's a good person because they're they're giving you the truth, and that's usually what people want. Yes, you say you want the truth. I'm not saying that you deal with him exclusively. But don't go settle with someone who's gonna lie to you because you don't want to deal with someone who's giving you the truth.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I want to say. And that's the thing that's not a woman thing. Men do it too, right, Men do it too.
Speaker 1: You got a woman who says she requires certain things in life, right, and then you're like, oh, she want too much. You want too much. So you go deal with a woman who's not going to tell you all the things she requires, but she's going to get all the things she require from other people.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: And now you feel messed up with just like man I thought. I was no no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: The woman that told you all the stuff she required, you ran from her because the accountability would have been that you if you want to be with her, have to provide her with the stuff that she requires.
Speaker 3: So you went to someone else who you.
Speaker 1: Thought required less, but they just decided not to tell you what they're required.
Speaker 3: It was getting it from other people.
Speaker 2: It goes both ways, right, or didn't tell you and they expect you to miraculously deliver on these things that you didn't even know they wanted to begin with because they didn't tell you.
Speaker 1: So the truth is stick with the people are going to give you the truth, especially if you love them in a way that you know you're not going to find anywhere else.
Speaker 3: That's the first part.
Speaker 1: The second part is dealing with your child's father. I have family members and friends who have significant others who are no longer in committed romantic relationships, but they share children. And a lot of times, the person who was mistreating the other person but doesn't want that person to move on to someone else's always the person who was doing the most shady stuff, and that man or woman they're doing the most shady stuff. I know baby mamas who do shady stuff. I know baby daddies who do shady stuff. One thing I will tell you when it comes to dealing with the shape the person. I know this works for a fact is to not converse or go back and forth with them through conversations on the phone. Everything should be through text message or email as proof because now there's no argument around who said what or who provided what. Hey, let's do everything above board. You're going to communicate with me, communicate with me through text or email.
Speaker 3: Why I got to do all of that?
Speaker 1: This way, I can have a paper trail of what was said, so that if I'm wrong, and this is what happens if you always put it on them, they feel like you're doing it because you want to prove them wrong. No, you just say, I want the paper trail so that if I'm wrong, you can point out to me that, hey, remember you said this, and I can be like, you know what I did say that. Let me follow through with what I said. It's not just about holding them accountable, it's also about holding yourself accountable.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Once you have that paper trail, it's hard to navigate around that, and it's.
Speaker 2: Hard to have back and forth because a lot of time that's all they want that party is that they want the back of like the antagonizers just like poking me find ways to just get them, poke at them. And if you give them nothing, the what they got nothing.
Speaker 1: And she's right, they will do stuff like call the sheriff and do this. But you know what happens when the sheriff comes. M officer, I have the correspondence between the person who filed the claim against me. This was everything that was said. I don't speak to this person. You can contact my attorney. Once you start to contact your attorney, Oh, you have paper trails, you see people start to.
Speaker 2: Kind of ease up. Ease up also, and I'm sorry, are you don't at that point? Just to kind of wrap this up, I think the final point is when it comes to the children. Continue you and your boyfriend to treat the children in a manner in which they need to be treated, and you want to treat them because children don't lie. And when the child has their lawyer, and then you got your lawyer and he or she got their lawyer, and when the child's lawyer can see who's a person who's completely not involved and only is very objective and is only interested in the well being of the child, then the child and that lawyer will then know who gets that child or it makes it easier for the judge to err on one side or the other because they can see the proof is there. The child is in a healthy environment, their love, they're provided for, They're not in the back and forth.
Speaker 3: We watched it recently.
Speaker 2: We literally watched this on the fold with someone recently. So the children always know where they want to be, and they'll advocate for themselves and say I want to be with mom or I want to be with Dad because I enjoy the life that I live there.
Speaker 1: And I will say this as a being mature. Maturity is knowing that speaking poorly about your child's parents co parent in front of that child is only going to cause a wedge between.
Speaker 3: You and that child long term. Absolutely, so you don't even start that.
Speaker 2: Children will figure it out, thank you.
Speaker 3: Children will recognize, so you don't have to do that. Yep, what's up?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Were speaking of children? Children will recognize.
Speaker 2: They sure will, No, they sure will, So good luck to you. I hope everything works out for the benefit of your current relationship and the kids. All right, And I'll ask this a letter question of the day. Hello Deval and Kadeen. I would love to hear your perspective on grown men who follow ig models and porn stars. I know men are visual, etc. But where do you draw the line if a man's feet is mostly of half naked women. I'm concerned that it'll become an issue for me Devl as a man. What's your perspective? Is it something that I should bring up before we get serious or should I wait until we have gotten exclusive before having the conversation to bring it up? Kadeen, I would like to hear your perspective as well. As a famous couple, do you have to deal with this or something similar at some point? I don't care. Me and Devel be sending mead send women to each other, Like I will DH a woman's body and be like, oh my god, look at her, like shed she's body goals, or like, hey, babe, if I'm in the gym, what exercise can I do to get my butt and my hamstrings to look like that?
Speaker 1: And like goes both ways, and it goes both I sent I've sent her some dudes out that was chopped up, and I'm like, babe, do you think this is too muscular?
Speaker 3: Too big?
Speaker 1: And sometimes she'd be like, yeah, too big that I don't think that that's attractive.
Speaker 3: More lean, so we I don't I don't care if she looks.
Speaker 2: At We don't exist in a space like that. I don't think. I think we're both secure enough in ourself and our relationship where that doesn't bother me at all. Like THEV I will laugh and joke about his guy group chats where y'all send women back and forth in we do take it very lightly.
Speaker 1: We do, but I but I also understand too, like you have your group chats with your women, with y'all send pictures of all sorts of things. I'm going to be honest, it really doesn't bother me saying and I'd rather have the insight to know what you're into, so that I could be like, Okay, well she's into that. I fit that demographic of what she's into. I'm comfortable, you know. I like that My wife loves guys with beards, muscles, tattoos, work out like that's her thing, that her her preference is that type of guy. So when I look at myself and I know that while she's chosen someone who's in that demographic, I feel good about myself. It's the same thing Kadeen knows. I love women who work out. You know, I love thicker women. I love women who have curves, Like, that's just what it is. Like she go through my feed right now. If I open up my feed right now.
Speaker 2: It's going to be for his explore page.
Speaker 1: My explore page is going to be football workout videos, basketball train generally trained, basketball training videos, cars, houses, and women. That's and it happens because in my group chats, when they send you stuff and you look at it, your algorithm becomes the stuff that you send people and they send you.
Speaker 2: For example, I just sent him a woman whose body was banged showing a bad outfit. I sent it to him. I was like, babe, how do you think I would look in this? Or do you think my body is like? Oh to party? Where's something like this? And then he opened his feed said this morning, said did you send me this girl? And I'm like I did, and the outfit and it popped upon his feed. So I think it's also being secure in like our relationship who we are. And I know that the women that power up on the speed, baby, I can go total toe with them any day. He married his ig model, he married his porn starts baby, It's okay and I'm securing that because I know that he's getting what he desires anyway.
Speaker 3: So now I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: I also I also want to implore people to understand that you don't have to follow these pages for them to come up on your page. The way the algorithm is now, I get so many suggested reels that I've never followed that if you see your man something pops up on his page, he may not even be following that. It could be that he's in group chats, his friend send it to him, he looks at he sends him stuff, and now it comes up. I don't follow half of these women that come up on my page. Some of the women I do follow, most of them are fitness women or athletes that I'd be like, hey, just like she said, I'd be like, yo, look at her legs. This is what her program is to get her legs Like that, you said you wanted this? Who was the who is the good that I just sent you?
Speaker 2: I don't even know cuban link. Yeah, le I'm just like, girl, I need to do those exercises. He'll be like, yo, try these for your hamstring or me having diastasis recti after having the babies. He's like, Yo, this girl does like really deep core exercises, like maybe you want to try these planking, this, that, And it's been helpful to us. So if it's a thing we're you're debating, I'm bringing it up now, wait until you get serious. If it's something that bothers you, I think we don't enjoy, you know, holding on to these things, I say, speak about it and have the discussion. If you're curious as to why he's following these pages, but personally, from our perspective, it isn't an issue.
Speaker 1: So and just because it's not an issue for us doesn't mean that it's not an issue for you. If you feel less strongly about it, I say, speak to him openly and tell him like, this is how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: So and if you guys are in the beginning phases of things, then you should bring it up before things get serious. Because if it's something that you know that you cannot handle, this the boundary for you and don't take things any further.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be honest. I look at these women. I don't lust for them and be like, damn, I wish I could. I'm like, yo, she's bad like it is what it is, that's what it is, and then I'll be all over k and y'all see how I'm all over her. She could barely get a break, so I doubt that she's that concern.
Speaker 2: So for sure, for sure sounds good. All right, y'all. If you want to be a listener letter, email us at dead ass Advice at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's D E A D A S S A d V I C E at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, moment of truth time. We had some really good facts and status here that we didn't get you. But for me, it's really just a matter of making choices that will impact your life in the long run. It's making the investments early on now while we're able bodied and we can. If there's a way for you to sacrifice in one area to be able to be greater and to be healthier tomorrow, do it, do it. And that looks different for everybody, But I just want to employ you just the way I've trying to been talking myself into it, you know, approaching forty, just how I can live quote unquote my best life moving forward with you, a long one and a healthy one for you and our boys.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you to you.
Speaker 1: My moment of truth is I sayd K's life okay, before me, she wasn't eating port and she wasn't eating grits. The two things that fit best with her body corn and porks. You see what I'm saying, Corn and port. You so so the southern gentleman and me saved your life.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Niss created was one of pork and corn substances.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I want to say, I'm proud of you, baby, for making that transition.
Speaker 3: I just posted the other day, don't think.
Speaker 1: I posted there was a picture of K with the code, a video of K with the cold on her lap and she was holding up a bit with hand, and I said, when you find your coconut and you turn your coconut into a Southern bell.
Speaker 3: That's how you knowsition.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, but no, that's my moment of truth is that I appreciate you working hard to remain as healthy as possible so we can live this life together.
Speaker 2: I love that. And when we come back with Davao's episode, we're going to go through a couple of fat since that, So do your own homework right now, and you can come back, you'll be a little bit more well versed on neuropathy yourself, and or neuropathy rather I said it wrong, like a western neuropathy. Neuropathy and natural solutions to physical ailments. Do y'all's homework, and then we're gonna come back with Davao's episode later on in the season, all right, and be sure to find us on Patreon. We're going to go to the Doctor actually and do a Patreon episode exclusively there, so you can watch that on our Patreon page, so be sure to subscribe for that more LIS content as well as more dead Ass Podcasts content, and you can find us on social media at dead Ass the Podcast. I'm Kadeene I am and i.
Speaker 1: Am Deval, and if you're listening on Apple Podcasts, be sure to rate, review, and.
Speaker 2: Subscribe dead Ass Baby.
Speaker 1: Dead Ass is a production of iHeartMedia podcast Network and is produced by Donorpina and Trible. Follow the podcast on social media at dead Ass the Podcast and never miss a Thing