Speaker 1: I'm saying, we have an extraordinary new technology that can create greater abundance, and we should stop using it feels totally upside down.
Speaker 2: So you released a really fun diving in video this week in which you actually looked back in time at the Victorian boot making industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fascinating period. You might ask, why the heck do we care about making boots in the eight and fifties, And that's because it had an amazing technological transformation that meant the average worker could produce four times as much as they could before. Hey, I don't know if that reminds you of anything that you might be feeling a little bit of anxiety about right now.
Speaker 2: We had some great questions that came out of this from our audience, and we're going to dig into those today.
Speaker 3: I'm Megan Connors.
Speaker 1: I'm Justin Wolfers. This is the professor is in. Think about this as office hours. Meghan is out there reading your comments so she can bring your comments to me. The Professor's in. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've what we found, or what you found, is that the number of jobs, total number of jobs really didn't budge that much, even though nearly every other aspect of boot.
Speaker 3: Making in England at this time did change.
Speaker 1: And when we pick up there, which is, I didn't find it. Hillary Verpond a brilliant young economic history and has done this great deep dive into boot making in the eighteen fifties. If you had told me eight days ago I cared at all about boot making England or the eighteen fifties, I would have said no. But she showed this is I think is where you're going. The total amount of employment didn't change even as this incredible labor saving technology came along. That's the good news, Megan. Do you want to tell people the other side of the coin.
Speaker 2: The I mean the tapes of jobs totally changed, So you know, certain elements of boot making did kind of go extinct and new jobs appeared in their place.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, all right. I know you've got questions about all yeah.
Speaker 2: So on that note, you know, we had a couple of different people ask what happened to pay? And I know you might not have the specifics in this circumstance, but what do we know about technological revolutions in general and their impact on wages?
Speaker 1: Right? This particular study didn't have any pay data, so I can't say anything about Victorian England in the eighteen fifties. And I know I'm going to surprise you, but I'm not actually an expert on Victorian England in the eighteen fifties, even though I dress in linen. Okay, So what typically happens, it's not always the case that wages rise immediately. The period after in the Industrial Revolution was when Charles Dickens started writing, and Dickensie and Tail is full of young children laboring away in factories in rags, barely able to make ends meet. So it took the immediate transition is not necessarily good news. What happens though, over time is if the pie is bigger, and I don't want to say there's magic, which means the pie is always genuinely distributed in good ways. But if the pie is big enough and humans are an important part of producing that pie, some of it comes back to roost. So the story on wages is there's two stories. One is what's happening on average on average, eventually bigger pie bigger servings to workers in the short run, that may not be true. And then on average was doing a lot of work if you were a cord swainer of that word, I don't even know what it means, but I love I think I might be a cord swaener in my next life. That's one of the old artisan or bootmaking jobs. The demand for cordswainn has felt dramatically and so it's very likely that cord swainers saw their pay go down. If you want to to give a modern day interpretation of this, the world of translation is changing right now due to AI. It's very likely the current translators are seeing lower wages now. The thing we learned from Victorian bootmaking is cord swain has went away, but the price of boots fell, so therefore the number of boots we make went up, and that created more demand for folks to work in factories, you know, foreman's and foremen and machinists and riveters and so on, which would be the equivalent of today. What we're seeing is the rise of the prompt engineer. And I want to be clear, prompt engineers almost too glib for what's happening in a current moment. The reason I use that is that's a job title. You and I both know. One of the points that's really important to understand is there's going to be occupations we've never heard of, and if we follow it all the path of the boot makers, I'm not sure we will. Those other occupations are going to grow. Part of the reason they're going to grow is they're highly productive. That means is going to be high wages. Those high wages are also going to draw new and younger workers into it.
Speaker 3: Well, it was Gary.
Speaker 2: I mean, have any other evidence from like countries that have industrialized more recently. I'm thinking, like China, do we know what's happened? What happened with wages? My sense is that we saw the benefits of increased wages more quickly than maybe Victorian England did.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that's right. So you know, so China famously has moved from largely a rural agricultural economy to an urban manufacturing economy. It is still the case there is immense poverty in the rural areas. But what's happened is there's been opportunities in the cities that have pulled workers out, which is why the average Chinese person's living standards have risen dramatically. And a very human reaction is won't these technological changes just make the rich rich and leave everyone else behind. In order to tell that story, given how much bigger the pie gets, that story is implicitly suggesting that the returns to the share of the pie that capital gets must be extraordinary or must shift the more almost implausibly. Right, So, the average income in China, I don't have a number in front of me. I'm going to guess that over a period of decades it rose literally tenfold.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: And you know, if the average wage of the work arose sixfold or eightfold, could have risen tenfold, that's all plausible. Saying that it all went to capital is just literally implausible. I don't want to be mistaken for saying trickle down economics, but this here is where we push the technological frontier. We learned to produce more, and you can't produce more without people engaged in the production process. That was true of bootleather, it was true of manufacturing, and it is still true of AI, at least at the current moment. Someone needs to ask, you know, AI puts us in a world where the price of questions has fallen to zero. But sorry, the price of answers has fallen to zero. But someone's got to figure out the interesting questions. That's the human.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to dig into the demand side a little bit more, right, So, cheaper boots meant more boots and kind of we had a funny comment of someone asking, like how many AI images can I actually consume? And so I'm just curious kind of that idea of like demand saturation, Like is that a thing? Like how might that play under this story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Megan, let's get personal about this. How many pairs of leather boots do you wind me?
Speaker 2: I tend to do one at a time, and I replace it every one to two years.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're really good at throwing out your old boots.
Speaker 2: Well, they usually fall apart, and that's what I know. I have to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'll tell you about me, which is several years ago. I just signed my textbook contract and I wanted to treat myself, and I bought a beautiful pair of brown leather boots to go up just below the knee. You can decide whether that's masculine or not. I don't care. Then we're in Spain and I bought a pair that sort of looked part Spain, part Texas, and it's partly because I loved the Bob Dylan song boots of Spanish leather, And every time I put on those boots and I had a chance to wear them recently. What was the big country music star who came to Michigan recently.
Speaker 3: Zach Bryan. Last year, I wore.
Speaker 1: Those boots to a Zach Bryan concert. I wanted to wear them with cut off shorts, but Betsy wouldn't let me. So we got that pair of boots. And then, because I'm an Australian, I've got to have a pair of Blundstones. And then the first pair of Blundstones I brought over from Australia thirty years ago. Honestly, I still have them. I then bought another pair of Bludstones. Someone else gave me another pair of pluts. I got a lot of boots, and I live in a cold weather area. I need a lot of pairs of bits. That is so there are lots of ways you could look at that. You could say that's the lunacy of the current moment. How many pairs of boots do you need? Or what a joy it was to have a special outfit for my Zach Bryant concert and honestly did give me a smile, and lots of people add a good laugh at me and with me, and those smiles of what economics is all about. So I don't feel like I'm done with leather boots yet. So next big revolution, I'm more for it. Let's come back to AI. AI is doing cognitive work. I understand people might object to the word cognitive, but cognitive adjacent. How many AI images can you consume? Well, I will tell you I remember ancient history. I think it was four years ago. Whenever I would want to write a column for the New York Times and we want to have art with a column, and they would actually have to call someone from the art department, and there is something visually pleasing about space on the page and so on. We're now writing on substack, and substack has a vast image library. We do have access to AI. Anyone can now produce somewhat something semi professional. The point that I think a comment is making that's really important is the value of the last image I created isn't that high? But the first doesn't I created? Were they were images that went into my textbook, for instance, or images I put into a substack and so yeah, the last one's not that valuable, but all the ones in between were quite valuable. You know, if there's too much AI images in your life, cry uncle, demand be artisanally drawn. But also remember that there are still people all around the world doing without, and when we create more, we help those who do without.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think one thing that I've been thinking about is kind of where we're seeing AI show up first.
Speaker 3: And I think in the US.
Speaker 2: It's in a lot of media to the point where it's for some people it's not actually like adding to their lives.
Speaker 3: In some ways, it can be.
Speaker 2: Detracting, right AI slot, Whereas I've heard that like China has been focused a little bit more on robotics side of AI and things that are actually like helping people with domestic chores, like things that are a little maybe have seemed to have a little more value, And so I don't know, I think I think a lot of our conversation has been really focused on what where we're seeing AI now, which is maybe arguably not the best use case for it, and it's making it hard to think about kind of the wider applications.
Speaker 1: Let me try something brave. I want to connect this to Victorian England and boot making. So people complain that when the cost of producing an image gets low, people produce low quality images, and we call that aislop or low quality text. Well, it's also the case you've been to a shoe store. There is such a thing as boot slop. Right back in the day, in the eighteen fifties, boots were artisanal though are handmade. They were workers boots, They were made to last. They were a major investment. Not quite as important as a car, but closer to that than how we think about it today. All technologies create slot. I have seen some horrendous pairs of boots in the world. You're broader question of like, where's the best use case for this? This is a moment of immense transition. The only way to figure out the future is to try a bunch of things. And if people don't like AI generated images, and the verdict seems to be that they don't, we're going to try using fewer of them. You know, you try some things, they work out, You try others they don't. I think there's a much deeper question here, and this is where a lot of the discussions in Silicon Valley go. There's one occupation where it's come to absolutely dominate the workflow, which is it turns out that AI can do the work of a highly trained coder. A bunch of coders right now are going to scream at me in the comments and say, no, they can't do what I do. But I will literally tell you Bill Gates told me that it can code as well or better than him, and that's been his life's work. How is that for a little just name dropping in there? The deeper question is how much are we all like coders. There's lots of reasons to think coding is special, Like it's literally codified, it's a very simple language. At its heart, coding is things like if then statements, it's loops and so on, And so the ability for a computer to learn a constrained set of tasks that to some people involve constrained imagination, we shouldn't be surprised, and then the rest of us should be fine, because, of course AI could never do economics. Of course, it could never paint a landscape. Of course it could never sing an opera. But let's come back to singing an opera. At a fairly deep level, it's got a lot in common with coding. It's a fairly constrained language, a set of notes on the page. We can look to a long history to figure out what works well and what works poorly. On and on it goes. You might think that's a useful analogy. You might not. The point is neither of us knows. And so what we are going to see is, you know, the question is, look, codeers, their lives are changed forever, same as cord sweiners to you right now, megan to me, to our viewers, they like chord swiners and coders or are they more like jobs that continue? Because that wildly human aspect is so important. And when I stayed it that way, lots of people have a particular view, But I really think it's an open question.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: That leads us well into the next question. So the video also stressed the importance of peace, and I think you said Hillary Vpon stressed that the moderate piece of change in Victorian boot making really helped shield incumbent workers. They were able to retire in their roles. It was just new people didn't enter. So what do you take away from that, like, should policy makers be trying to slow the peace of AI? That seems difficult to do in a global economy, I mean, should they be trying to direct AI to certain goals?
Speaker 3: Like, what do you take away from that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me throw out a few of Hillary's facts first because I think they're really interesting. So what you saw is, over you know, a period of several decades, literally two thirds of the jobs in what you call old occupations, the called swayiners and the like, disappeared. The number of people working in bootmaking didn't change. Two thirds of the occupy, the folks who are in the old occupations, their jobs disappeared, a new set of jobs turned up. They ended up taking two thirds of the new jobs. So it really is the total level employments the same, but the tasks being done all literally are just fundamentally different, wildly different. And what was interesting about this case is a majority of the folks who had the old artisanal bootmaking roles ended up as old artisanal bootmakers. What happened was they slowly retired and died and their sons didn't enter the same trade. And I mean sons literally, because that's how this worked. There's an interesting side story, by the way, which is the women who worked as bootmakers, they did leave bootmaking altogether. They were the ones whose professional ambitions had to give way to the economic reality. The bootmaker couldn't employ mum and dad, and so then what you had was the sons of the bootmakers either went into new boot making occupations or went into something different altogether. And so there was a lot of numbers to say what you said, which is the old bootmakers retired in their jobs, but no one else was hired as a kordswaanner after that. So where does that bring us in the current moment. So the headline is Dario Amode, the CEO of Anthropic, says that within five years, was it, half of all white collar work will be done by AI. So first thing is he's a technologist, not an economist. Economists have studied history. When you look at history, things never happened quite that fast. And so what he should have said is he believes the code will be capable of doing half of the work within five years. And if he says it that way, by the way, I actually think that's true, or it's in the neighborhood of true. But organizations are run by people. Organizations run on people. Organizations adapt and adopt slowly. There's no way it happens at quickly, but to the extent that happens quickly, it means that every member of our audience is wearing a white collar right now should be terrified that their job's gone. In five years. That would be an economic disruption larger than the global financial crisis, larger than COVID, larger and eything would be an economic upheaval that would cause political and social change of really an extraordinary measure. So then a very common conversation here I'm just reporting, in fact, a very common conversation among there's a group of economists and technologists and policy wonks who they meet each other at the same conference every three weeks and talk to each other. A very common conversation is how do we slow this down? And actually some of the folks from the AI labs are part of that conversation and they're saying that out loud. There's a range of policy solutions. Is what's called a token tax, which is basically tax people for the use of AI. You can require the businesses hold on to their current workers even as they adopt AI. You can imagine all sorts of regulatory responses that are designed to slow things down. You know if we had a strong union movement so on. So, first of all, want to just acknowledge something, which is this echoes the Ludites who were worried machines would take their job.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is when economists talk about Luddites, they almost always mean it in a majorative way, someone who thinks that the future is coming to take their job and the future will make their lives worse, but actually have a little empathy. The Ludites were right, technology was coming for their jobs. Change was coming, and if change came quickly, change would be painful. That's true. And the economists intuition that if we adopt the best technologies all the time, the pie will be as big as it can possibly be, and therefore we have the capacity to feed more people. That's also true. Of course, having the capacity to feed more people doesn't mean we actually do it. That's also also true.
Speaker 3: Are other video on recent cuts to snap.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, we are currently the richest America has ever been, but our safety net is not showing that and people are not enjoying the spoils. And so that's where we get all these other conversations about universal basics can come and so on. But I want to stick to this. What you're hearing a lot of is a sense that if we could slow things down, the transition costs would be a lot lower. Let me point something out why this sits quite uncomfortably on the economics. Saying we have an extraordinary new technology that can create greater abundance and we should stop using it feels totally upside down. It requires a language of talking about greater abundance versus transition costs, and transition costs is just a language economists have never been very good at. If you think about the debate about international trade, our view as economists was always will we get the pie to be bigger? And what we didn't recognize is towns like Flint, Michigan will disappear, and that transition cost is very real. And in our economic models we assume that the guy who's an auto worker becomes a home healthcare aid tomorrow, and the reality is he doesn't see our past work on pink color jobs, masculinity transitions, and so on. So I think my profession hasn't got yet a refined enough language to have this conversation coherently. And the problem is if we don't have it coherently. It's happening incoherently instead. So I do think Hillary of a Pond, who warned me having coffee with It, that the pace of change is central to the economic and social disruption. I think she's one hundred percent right. What's a lot harder is what to do with that observation.
Speaker 2: Okay, So another element of change that you discussed was geography. The new technology dramatically changed the geography of where people were working. The factories tended to be based in kind of two major parts of England and human geography. We call that agglomeration. Uh, look at you right bringing it in. But with so much of today's work being digital remote, I'm curious if you think geography is going to be part.
Speaker 3: Of the AI story. Yeah, what what's your take on that?
Speaker 1: I thought the geography story was fascinating. So basically every town had bootmakers. The old school bootmakers went away, we moved to factories, and factories agglomerated, excellent use of the term in a small number of cities. I am not sure that geographies such a central issue for AI. The reason I wanted to tell that part of the story was to make the case that yes, total employment and bootmaking didn't change, But beneath the surface there was dramatic change. There was dramatic change by occupation. Out with the cord swiner and with a riveter or the machinist. There was dramatic change by geography. And so what I just want to say is there's going to be dramatic change by things. What the things are, I think remains somewhat unknown. Where sure there will be by occupation. My guess is there will be by education. There's a story that there will be dramatic changes by gender. Women are doing much more likely to be sitting at a computer during the day. Men are much more likely to be split in rocks. AI doesn't split rocks. The point I want to make is there'll be dramatic changes in our lives. And geography was what it was in Victorian England. I don't know what it is for now. You then asked me the question speculate fair enough.
Speaker 3: If you might meet I can speculate place. Tell me, well, I you know it's so.
Speaker 2: I was a geography teacher, so I think a lot about a lot of things in terms of a geographic lens. My first instinct I think was the same as yours, if anything. You know, I think a lot of our technology is allowing geographic dispersion.
Speaker 3: In a way that we didn't used to. We saw that with COVID.
Speaker 2: One thing that's been very interesting to me. So I have friends that have lived in I lived in the Bay for a bit.
Speaker 3: I have friends that are in Silicon Valley, lived in the Bay.
Speaker 2: And you know, during at the start of COVID, everyone left, Almost everyone that I know within at least a couple of years left, But with the AI boom, a lot of them have been forced to return. You know, a lot of these companies, and you know that's people working on AI as opposed to using AI. But it's it's been interesting to me to see that the companies themselves are kind of bringing people back together in person, and there's become this kind of re recognition of actually being in the same place in space is maybe somewhat useful in this time of great technological change. So I think it's actually a very open question, and that's obviously that's anecdotal, but I have heard that, you know, there has been a measurable return to San Francisco, to Silicon Valley of in person work.
Speaker 1: So let me pick up on that. So there you're I think, I think you're mostly talking about the creation of AI.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, but I'm curious if that could end up right then happening in other places where people are implementing AI.
Speaker 1: So the creation of AI is obviously very geographically concentrated. A very simple way of thinking about that is the value of the math geniuses at the cutting edge. You can figure this out, And I want folks to remember, this whole thing started with six nerds at Google figuring out some hard math, and they then accidentally changed the whole wark. The value of the folks who are working on the foundational models is unbelievably high. They're in trillion dollar companies with nearly thousands of workers, which means each individual some of the geniuses on the inside are really worth I always find it funny when people say it's incredible some of these folks are getting paid ten million a year, and I'm like, what does a baseball player get? Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, real quick on this note, I mean maybe that's but where that job creation is going to come from?
Speaker 1: Right from baseball players?
Speaker 2: No, No, the AI company people working on AI themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, So their value is so high if there were any of what you're calling agglomeration externalities. Look, what is an agglomeration externality. It's when you go to a barbecue and you happen to meet someone who knows something that you don't know, and you enjoy chatting with them, and you walk away smarter. So, Megan, you and I live in ann Arbor, you happen to run into a lot of people who are very smart master's students or doctoral students across a range of issues. So that's why you and I are very very book smart. We don't run into a lot of coders. That's why you and I are not particularly code smart. But if someone's value of what they're doing is so great, if they happen to run into another AI nerd at a party and they happen to learn one more thing, but that one more thing is so intensely valuable, then that means the agglomeration externalities, the force to put all those nerds in the same city becomes really great. So I think for the creation of AI, there's very clearly a geographic story, and the Bay Area is going to continue to be the home to a huge amount of it. The use of AIS a somewhat different story. But I want to pause there because what's hard conceptual is to draw a circle around what is the creation of AI. So I'm not the math genius who came up with the transformer technology. But I wrote some cod that my textbook publisher Lady adapted and used. That means every economics one in one student around the country has access to an AI tutor that helps them learn economics the way that the Stevenson and Wolfers textbook tells them to is that creation of AI, adaptation or use. Now, I was able to do that from an arbor, but the truth is, if I'd been in the Bay Area, I would have run across some other guy trying to do something similar. You know, there's all these end tech startups over there, and so maybe I should have moved to the Bay Area. Okay, that's creation of AI, use of AI. One of the extraordinary things about this technological revolution is how light it is. You can pick it up and put it in your pocket way zero grams. So if you thought about the industrial revolution mechanization automation, what you needed was a factory. You needed a lot of capital, you need the ability to ship goods. You needed a lot of organizational infrastructure. If though you're in India right now, and I get it approached by folks like this all early, all the time, they say, I want to make thumbnails for your YouTube channel. Justin chances are they using AI and you can be in a small, poor Indian village and have access to cutting edge global technology and then email people, so you're buying and selling all around the world. So that would be a case that says the benefits of this technology might be very glorible in a way that past technologies have not been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I have so many more questions, but I think I'm going to ask my last one. I know you said before that you don't know what to tell young people in terms of like what to study or what field to go in. But what maybe more general advice do you have for them as we enter, you know, the future of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so for folks who are already working, I can tell you what my advice is. Become the most asavy person in your workplace. It's something I've done, and I didn't say become an AI genius. I said, become the most aicavy person in your workplace, which means I have to become the most asavvy person at the University of Michigan Department of Economics. If that's the case. You know the old story, you know, a bear comes at two hikers and one of them puts on his running shoes and his mate says, why are you doing that? You can't outrun a bear, And he says, I don't have to outrun a bear. The joke being the bear is going to eat his mate. There's something kind of a bit mean about the advice saying be the most asavvy person at your workplace, but that's basically putting on your sneakers you will keep your job. I also think it's a good practice anyway to be at the top of your craft and the top of your game. And I think anyone who doesn't at least adopt that mindset is very much at risk of being automated out of the workplace. Now. I subsequently heard a much better articulation of this, and I was later told it was Jensen Wong's. It was attributed to Jensen wom AI will not take your job. Someone using AI will take your job, And that's really the advice and the idea. So then if that's the case, you want to be someone using AI. Okay, that's for people who have work. I think you were asking more about young people. One answer is if nobody knows what the skills of the future are, a diversified portfolio is less risky. So in some sense would be a vote for an American liberal arts education, whereas in Australia my degree is a Bachelor of Economics. I began in first year taking economics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, computer science, and the next year I took microeconomics, macroeconomics, you know, econometrics, and computer science. I became very very narrow and if economics were to be aied away, I don't have a job. Economics is going to stick around. So always the answer to every question is study economics. I think the broader thing is what are the set of skills that we're going to need in the future. I gave you a hint at something earlier, and I want to repeat it, and I hope folks at home can help me with this. The following is either profoundly deep or utterly superficial, and I can't figure out what it is AI can answer most of our questions accurately, which means the price of answers got really low. But what's not getting priced away is questions. And so to the extent that you'd organized your professional life around answers, you just invested in a set of skills whose price is going down, and that's a very bad idea. So you might think of some parts of lawyering as being answers driven, and we're seeing that profession change very, very rapidly right now. You might think of some parts of medicine as being answers driven. Now you might think there are some parts of both of those occupations that are not, and those would be the skills. So I think there's going to be some sort of softer skills. I've been really amazed at how quickly and how smart young people are. Megan, I don't know if you remember, but I'm going to share this with our audience. You and I were on campus and we talked to a brilliant young eighteen or nineteen year old computer science major. She was a freshman, and she asked me some question about AI, and then I asked her, like, well, how do you feel going into coding? You know, given that computers can do it better than you, and she just said, it's a completely different skill set. I am a personnel manager, except I'm not managing people on managing agents. And I in that moment, I thought, are all young people as smart. If so, they get the moment and they're going to be okay, And if not, then they need to do a lot of very hard thinking because the future of work will be really transformationally different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just want to give my extra plug for the don't be too quick to specialize route. I know, like there's some education research that shows that the US high school system, the fact that we weren't apprentice base, that we focused on giving as many students as possible, as broad of a skill set as possible, might have really helped pull the US pool ahead of places like Germany and England in the twentieth century. And I think that's going to be the same here. We don't know what jobs will and will not exist, so as and I have a feeling that people might have multiple careers in their lifetime, so as you know, adaptable, they can be, as open they can be to learning new skills. And then on top of that, like double down on the basics.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: You know, as someone in education, I get very worried about kind of the erosion of basic skills, and I think now is not the time to move away from them.
Speaker 3: They need to be doubled down in.
Speaker 2: The early years and then I love an interdisciplinary education, I always have, but I think now is the time for it for sure.
Speaker 1: I want to reinforce what you said about basic skills, which is IO as a replacement for lots of things, just like the calculator replaced. Doing written to can your hit, but it's a compliment for a lot of things can help you be better. It's a kite that can help you fly, but you have to be able to do something before I can make you better at something. Look, one of the stories of past technological revolutions is we do discover that the old ways of doing things are on the trip that they're extraordinary new ways. I hit, and you want to be able to adapt to those new ways. And those new ways usually take some set of skills and mike and even stronger, and that's the winning formula here.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you as always to our audience for your great questions and comments. We hope you enjoyed this extra long episode of the professors in. If you want your question answered in the future segment, just leave a comment wherever you're watching or listening to this and as always, make sure to like and subscribe to both Justin and plotupus Economics on YouTube, substack, and anywhere you can find us on social media.
Speaker 1: Well, next time, stay curious. M