Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NBA playoffs are heating up. Man, they have been so good. I know it's over, but Lakers Nuggets may have been a five game series.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: Nick Sixers amazing. Why don't you sign up for the DraftKings sportsbook app takes ninety seconds, the official sports betting partner of the NBA. If you're in DraftKings. Once you sign up, you got to check this out. New customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets instantly. Great proposition right five bucks, get one hundred and fifty bucks. Download the DraftKings sports Book app. The codes colins coli and it's me co l I N Really quick, really easy. If you've never bet sports before, check it out. Really makes the games fun. The code is colin. New customers get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets by betting five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 4: The Crown is.
Speaker 5: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot co slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the Draymond Green Shows that Knicks continue to run behind Jalen Brunson incredible play. Every series has at least one game play so far, so we'll talk about those. We got an interesting fun guest, how about this. It's actually the first non non basketball guests on The Draymondgreen Show. But he is a basketball guess in an interesting way, and we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep that a secret for now.
Speaker 6: But for those of y'all out there, you know we are on live on the Bleacher Report app, so make sure you throw your questions in the chat. We will get to those later before we finish out the show. And like I said in the meantime in between this time, we'll have a guest here. Don't forget the scripech a you subscribe to a YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Draymondgreen Show.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 6: The Knicks beat the Pacers one thirty to one twenty one, and remember I said, the Patiers kind of need to be the first to one twenty and that only doesn't work if you give up one hundred and thirty points. We also discussed how I didn't think the Pacers wasn't eighty was a sixteen game team. I think they're more of an eighty two game team because they don't play defense. And you give up one thirty and Jalen Brunson misses an entire quarter, you give up one thirty and og On Noby has twenty eight points in twenty eight minutes and goes out the game with a hamstring injury. You're you're kind of playing no defense, and that's who the Pacers has been all year. I think they're having it. They've had an incredible season, but the buck stops at some point when you don't play defense and you think you're just gonna outscore people, that has never worked in the NBA and never will work in the NBA.
Speaker 3: So that's that.
Speaker 6: Some more interesting news out of the Knicks camp, Jalen Brunson has now passed Carmelo Anthony in playoff points. And I know it's been this debate about is Jaylen Brunton, uh like one of the greatest Knicks ever already and all of these things. And I have a hard time saying Jaylen Brunston is higher up to Melow because I came in the league underneath Mellow. You know, Melo is one of the superstars in the league when I came in, and you know, just watching Mellow my entire life, you know, I feel like one of those old heads that be hating on the younger guys, like when our generation when this guy did that, and can never see past that. But I still got to roll with Mellow for now. But Jaylen Brusson is making his mark, and I think right now is a great time for us to bring on our guests, because if we're gonna talk Nicks, I want to talk Nick Nix with these crazy ass Knicks.
Speaker 3: Fans that they just banter and banter and Bencher.
Speaker 6: So let's welcome our guest to the show, the host of the All In podcast, one of the most successful Angel investors.
Speaker 3: Of our time.
Speaker 6: Jason cal Kane is my friend, jabs up, my brother.
Speaker 4: It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: And I have been watching and taking notes on the Draymond Green Show. I know you have a lot of feelings about the Knicks, and you know I have a lot of feelings about the Knicks.
Speaker 4: H And I've been rooting for that my whole life.
Speaker 1: Since the Patrick Ewing when I got to see Jordan and Ewing and Alonso Morning and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And you've been.
Speaker 1: Dogging me in the group chat and that poker for over a decade about my Knicks.
Speaker 4: And here we are.
Speaker 1: You're in Cabo, getting that fishing in in May, getting that early sun, and my Knicks, my Knicks in six in the first round, versus the MVP, with our future MVP, and here we are.
Speaker 7: Looks like the brooms are out for Pacers.
Speaker 1: I called it a gentleman sweet five and I'm ready for Celtics. I'm ready for Celtics. And you know what, the Celtics who not want to play in the Knicks, I.
Speaker 6: Can tell you that you you y'all actually think that your number one. He talks about me being out of the playoffs. So again when I talk delusional Knicks fans, he talks about me being out of playoffs, being in fishing in Cabo in early May, as if they won a championship. Y'all are in the second round, like it's the second round of the play.
Speaker 1: You have no idea drama on if you If you have a man who's dying in the desert, right and you give them a dixie cup of water, that's like swimming in an ocean. For us, man, this is you just pop champagne bottles. I'm at the buffet. We have been starving for decades. We got a little bit of carmelo. Uh, you know, but since then, you know, we've had a lot of pain. You know, we had dead Tony, we had Eddie Curry. I mean, we've had pain and suffering. Man, let us enjoy it is what I'm trying to tell you, draanma let us dream.
Speaker 7: But I have questions for you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I just want to say your podcast is so great out of the gate, and you went from doing you know what's really easy, uh, you know, being part of a panel or popping in other people's podcasts to the second most difficult, which is doing solo podcasts. And you know, doing a solo podcast is so hard and you do it so tight, especially after you're getting off the court, you know, when you do it after a game, I mean unprecedented, And so I just want to give you a lot, a lot of kudos for that because it's it's impressive to me for somebody who's done two thousand episodes of podcast.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: The question I have, you know for you is, you know, brunts and we as Nick fans, have been watching him get better and better and better, and he had those moments you know on the MAVs when Luca was out and I asked Mark Cuban, we're friendly, and I said, how good is this kid we traded for here?
Speaker 4: And he said he's very good. I said, how much upside?
Speaker 1: He says, he's got upside, But this is more upside than the entire NBA expected. So putting aside, you know the fact that you're very rarely not in the postseason and the Knicks are never in the postseason, I wanted to ask you, as a player, what are we seeing from Brunton because there's people, you know, Chuck and Shaq who are kind of dog in the next you're a.
Speaker 4: Dog in him.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about that player because I've been watching all season as he gets better and better and more.
Speaker 7: Unstoppable and more unstompable.
Speaker 1: And the floater, the three, the picks, I mean, the mid range. This kid can do it all. So how good is he? Putting aside the Carmelo comparison, just how good is he?
Speaker 4: And is their upside?
Speaker 3: Left? My two questions for you, y'all see this crazy bro mance going on.
Speaker 6: This man just gave us a complete rundown the Jalen brust On a Draymond Green show. But I'm here for because I actually like and respect Jaylen Bruston. Jaylen Bruston is a winner, has been a runner, so he got my respect. But here's the thing, j cal If Jaylen bron said was who he is today, and.
Speaker 3: Everybody believed that he would be who he is today.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't be a nick because you don't let no, you don't let star players get away, let alone walk for nothing. And he walked from the Dallas Mavericks for absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: The fact that they are actually in the position that they're in.
Speaker 6: When you lost a guy like that for absolutely nothing one year prior, it is absolutely incredible in itself. But no one expected Jalen to be this No, he also wouldn't have signed. When Jalen signed his deal, which I think is right around four years, one hundred million or.
Speaker 7: Something like that, Yeah, about twenty five million a year.
Speaker 6: Everybody was like, Oh my god, he's he's he's overpaid. I can't believe they paid him that money. Do they think he's going to be a number one option worldwide? West is paying him because he's had a relationship with him since he was a kid.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, Leon Rose. They're taking care of their ca guys.
Speaker 6: And although it appeared that way that that that's what was happening.
Speaker 3: I mean, the NBA even launched an entire.
Speaker 6: Tempering allegation thing over because Uncle West was so close to Jalen and the family all these years, and all of those things were launched from the NBA standpoint, meaning nobody thought that this was who this kid would be and that it was only happening.
Speaker 3: They were only signing him to the Knicks.
Speaker 6: Because they were taking care of family and Jalen has made everybody look like idiots. He's made He's put the New York Knicks on his back. He's got people talking about him and within the ranks of the greatest Knicks of all times.
Speaker 3: And although the Knicks hasn't won a.
Speaker 6: Time the great Knicks that have played like there's been great Knicks that have played for the team. And when you look at what he's done over and over and over again. He missed the entire second quarter last night and has twenty plus points in the second half to carry those guys to a win. I mean, it's been incredible. To Mark's point, he has some upside for sure, but no one believes that he had this much up because no one, well the Dallas Mavericks would have never let him walk.
Speaker 1: No, they would have got some picks, they would have done a sign in trade. This was the best signing that we've seen, like a straight up signing since when, Like when do players ever just get signed in the free market?
Speaker 7: Doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 6: It doesn't happen unless you're Kawhi Leonard Paul George who's just trying to get back home, right like they were trying to get back to Los Angeles. But you don't really get signings like that. And like I said, it's not even so much just signing because we've seen big guys like Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors, right, like we've seen Shaquille O'Neill. Like you've seen over the years star players sign other places. But the thing about Jalen is the thing about this signing is again the value of the.
Speaker 4: Contract is incredible.
Speaker 3: So they got this guy.
Speaker 6: Now here's the thing for Jalen when like he had to make all NBA and do these things so that he can get the full max extension because if not, if he doesn't and I'm not even sure that that's how the route works, but Jalen with years of service, I don't think he'll be able to sign a max extension. And don't fully quote me on that because I could be a little off with the rule, but I don't think he'll be able to sign a full max extension unless the Knicks have cap space.
Speaker 3: And if they have cap space, they can use that.
Speaker 6: But because the extensions work on the last number of your contracts, so you get a seven and a half percent raise, I think he's able to get on the last number of his contract, that doesn't put him near to full max. That's the situation the Knicks are in, and that's what makes this signing even better than the player is looking.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now I got another question for you, and I think that that's a really important way to set the table for my next question, because Dallas didn't know what they were giving up, and obviously nobody in the league knew he had this much potential, and the Knicks obviously knew he had potential, but they were putting him alongside Randall and our number three pick at the time, mid Jay.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry RJ.
Speaker 7: Barrett.
Speaker 4: I never liked the kid. Jesus come on and drove the basket.
Speaker 7: He would miss layups. You can't miss layups.
Speaker 3: So Knicks fans hated RJ.
Speaker 1: Bart We just felt he was a blocker and not committed. He didn't feel like he had the conditioning, the heart, He didn't dry. He didn't fit the dog mode that Tibbs and the Knicks fans want. We want dogs on our team. We want Mason, we want Oakley, we want Starks, we want grit. We want people who play both sides defense and if there's a scruff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We basically want Oakley Draymond level of players who are going to fight to the end. This is why when I met you, I said, you know, like in another lifetime you would have been a nick.
Speaker 7: Because the Garden would love you.
Speaker 4: Draymond. You know that.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how many years you got left in the tank, But anyway to get you on my.
Speaker 3: Knicks, you think y'all got better, we'll getting RJ out.
Speaker 1: I absolutely believe RJ was a blocker for our success one hundred percent, because you got to remember who did we get when we got rid of RJ? We got Ogg and Og is the Tibbs Tibbs player. He'll play, He'll play forty forty two, forty eight, whatever number of minutes you give him. He'll play defense, he'll set screens, and he can score the three.
Speaker 4: This is what TIBs wants.
Speaker 1: So this is my next question, how much credit you give to this front office because you worked with the best front office I don't know, in twenty years and you put together the two best, most beautiful teams since you know the the what was it, the seventy.
Speaker 7: Three win Bowls, the seventy two win Bowls.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: There's only one team with seventy.
Speaker 7: Three seventy three that year and then seventy two was theirs.
Speaker 1: So let's pause for a second here. They got Og the year before we got Heart. We got your guy al Dante. He was underrated clearly. And then this kid Hartenstein, who is like I mean, a passing big man with the soft touch on the floater. How good is our front office? Because we have nobody. I think our highest rated draft pick is maybe the sixteenth or seventeenth, you know something about going low in the draft and then as becoming.
Speaker 4: An All Star and a champion. How good is our front office?
Speaker 7: Because we've now established that we got brunts and for a steel.
Speaker 1: Now go down the line the four players I just talked about, Hartenstein, hart Og, and your guy al Dante.
Speaker 7: How good is our front office right now?
Speaker 6: I think y'all front office has done great for all those for all those things that has happened with y'all team that you just named, I think the front office has done a great job and putting together a team that is just good enough to excite Knicks fans in the garden and just good enough to win a couple of playoff series and not quite good enough to win a championship. I think y'all front office has done incredible job of that. I'll also tell you another underrated move at the front office bringing in TIBs, because Tims actually fits your like to your point of what you just described with the New York Knieds, Tims actually fits what New York culture is. It's go go, go, hustle, bustle. You hit the streets of New York, you're walking to this meeting, you're running to that meeting, you're crossing over in front of this taxi, like it's go, go, go, go go. Josh Hart's playing forty eight minutes, Jalen Brons is playing forty six minutes, Dante's playing forty five minutes. Like that.
Speaker 3: He actually fits the New York model like barn.
Speaker 6: Now here's the thing, though, when you start talking about all of those limpic excuse me, all of those minutes Oh gianna Noobi hamstring, you know, like it don't always show up right then, but it shows up and the most simpleant times and let and yet kind of the worst times, like o Giannobe is probably now out.
Speaker 3: For this series, like that's a big game changer.
Speaker 6: And Sam, right, he's probably like, he's probably won't be back until midway through the next series, and when he gets back from now, he probably still won't be right. Like, that's gonna take a while to get over because you also got to get over that mentally. And so to your question, I think the front office has done an incredible job, from the coaching staff they've they've put together, to the roster that they've put together. But I'm gonna tell you this, Coach Izzo used to tell me this term all the time, and he used to say, Draymond, we have this term in basketball and coaching.
Speaker 3: We have this term in coaching that we like to use.
Speaker 6: And he and you know, when you look around, a lot of guys really fit into the motive. I'm like, all right, coach, what's the term? Just good enough to lose with? And that's what I think the Knicks are. I think the Knicks are team to watch. I think they're hard nose. I think they got guys that compete, but I don't think they quite.
Speaker 3: Have enough to get over the finish line.
Speaker 6: And guess what, it's looking like, there's gonna be a new champion in the NBA this year, a young champion that we've never seen in the NBA before as a champion leading a team to a championship that looked like it's pretty much gonna happen, because I think Denver's toast, and so the only chance that doesn't happen is if Denver wins again. They don't stand a chance. However, I'm sorry to tell you, j Cal, I don't quite think it's the next year.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, we don't necessarily think like this is the year.
Speaker 4: The year we've lost.
Speaker 1: We've been down, We've been down basically three starters, four starters this year, and we still put up a fifty burger. Fifty burgers are on the grill without without the Blockness Monster, Mitch Robinson, without Randall, who's a bulldog and had his best season and he seemed to got his head straight this year and accepted a roll and you know, got downhill and just made quicker moves because I don't know, if you saw the Atlanta Series a couple of years ago, Man the big stage of the Garden, he.
Speaker 3: Was it was really bad.
Speaker 4: He was bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, this year was his best best performance I'm kind of bummed about him.
Speaker 7: Uh and so you know, we we're realistic.
Speaker 1: It ain't pretty, but it's gritty, and nobody wants to face us because you were out there saying, oh, we're not getting past the seventy six ers, Joe l embiid, We got no answer.
Speaker 3: The guy could not.
Speaker 8: Move seventy playing on a half of a knee. He can't move like, come on, but listen, they were going to beat us.
Speaker 6: Were going to tell you what this is going to lead the nixt too. I'll tell you what this is going to lead the next two. Okay, you just mentioned the Atlanta Hawks. Okay, and when they beat y'all, and when they beat y'all in the YEP, that team then thought that they had a squad that was ready to compete, and they haven't reached near the.
Speaker 3: Conference finals since then.
Speaker 6: They've barely reached the playoffs since then, because like in the Eastern Conference, the Eastern Conference week as fuck.
Speaker 3: In the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 6: You can sometimes get the right matchups, even all the way up to the conference finals. So I'm gonna tell you this, there's a zero percon chance in the NBA, I mean, excuse me, in the Western Conference that you're going to get to the conference finals without facing like a dog gass team, and in the Eastern Conference you can get to the conference finals Atlanta Hawks with like playing very mid teams.
Speaker 3: And so that's kind of what y'all are doing right now.
Speaker 6: And I think what this is setting up for y'all up for is what happened to the Atlanta Hawks three years ago when they made the conference finals and they never got back. Another team to give you some perspective on this, but one second, another team that did this to give you some perspective on this was the Portland Truil Blazers years ago when they had Alfaarukaminu, Alan Krabb, all those guys. They had all those guys, and they went to the conference finals and we swept them pretty much without Steph Curry coming because Steph Curry came back Game four of the sweep, came off the bench, had five points or six points the whole game and then went crazy and overtime. That's and that Portland Trail Blazer team they never did anything again.
Speaker 3: They however, you know what they did.
Speaker 6: They ran off and paid all of those guys because they thought they had a team that had a chance and it was a fluke. And so that's what the Knicks are setting y'all up for right now. And it'll be probably another fifteen years of misery that we all sit around and laugh at Knicks fans with their delusion about it.
Speaker 3: You know what happens.
Speaker 4: You know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Now. Everybody wants to play on the big stage. You said it yourself, you'd love the Garden. It is the mecca. And now we have a high functioning team and our owner he's busy.
Speaker 7: He's busy with his fear.
Speaker 1: He's happy. Dolan's happy. He's got music, he got tech, he's in Vegas. He got the Eagles, he got you two. He's not court side. And you know who we got court side. We got Oaks, Starks to bush, I mean, got to bush, the recipees. But we got everybody, the gts, the barber on the south. This we got the Knicks dialed in. We have more picks than we could ever use. We have more picks, first round picks, second round picks.
Speaker 4: We are stocked.
Speaker 1: And you know what, this is the time that a great player could be Spider could be somebody else, says you know what if I was part of that squad, I'd be the missing piece, and you know about getting the missing piece because you've helped maybe sort of kind of you know, no tampering, but you've kind of sort of talked to people about, you know, where maybe their future lies.
Speaker 7: So you think, you think not going down there, going up?
Speaker 3: You think if y'all get Donovan Mitchell, that gets you all over the hump?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that what you and Nick.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about getting better every season, which is what we've done since Tims has gotten here in the front of.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem, Jay Cal.
Speaker 6: You only get so many seasons to be getting better and not win until they break it up. So who is the guy that you you think or hear and before we get out of here, who's the guy that you think or you here that is available around the league that Knicks fans will want to see come in and not only ce come in, but can see past the Knicks fans blinder because y'all ain't never won ship in a in forty something years, can see past those blinders and say, this guy can actually get us over the top, not come in and get us to the conference finals. Because we're just happy because we're Knicks fans and we never win.
Speaker 3: Who is the guy?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: I hear people say Spider, I hear them say Michael Bridges. I hear a lot of names come up.
Speaker 4: You tell me.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're in the league, and you know we had KD go to the New Jersey Nets instead of coming to the Knicks.
Speaker 7: I mean, the worst career move in history.
Speaker 1: Not only did he leave the dynasty where he was cherished and loved out here, he went to the worst franchise like in the league and it was a complete disaster.
Speaker 7: So I mean, are we not a place that player?
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 4: You know the back general?
Speaker 1: Do players look at the Knicks differently in twenty twenty four than they did when KD and other people just said, you know what, it's.
Speaker 7: Whack, the owners whacked. Don't go there.
Speaker 6: Be honest, If I'm honest, I think it may be a little more intriguing than it was then because people there was a time in the NBA where guys weren't really looking to go to a Knicks, weren't really looking to go to the Lakers till Lebron went to the Lakers. The Lakers weren't getting any free agents for five six year period, right, like where they weren't getting any They signed Roy Hibbert in free agency.
Speaker 3: Timoth to be moth guys moscov and.
Speaker 4: Free agency gave him all.
Speaker 3: Right, I love lou All Dang.
Speaker 6: They signed lou All Dang at the tail end of his career and gave him money. Like So, there was a time where the Lakers couldn't get free agents at all. The Knicks couldn't get free agents at all. And I think guys were really over playing in the big market, like like those like it didn't really matter if you went to the big market at that time. Uh you know that was around Timpol. George was a free agent, Kawhi Leonard was a free agent. Like. You had guys that could go to these these two huge market teams and they chose not to. And so I don't however, I think that has changed now. And Harris, why I think it has changed. I think that has changed because of social media. I think that has changed because of all the other things around basketball, all the business around basketball.
Speaker 3: That is not basketball.
Speaker 6: I think that has changed because guys are now looking at these particular organizations in these cities and saying that organization that city can help me with X. So if I go there, then I'm allowed to I'm able to do this. For instance, Lebron James came to La he Maverick Rich. They built empires in la in six seven years, right. And so I think guys are now starting to look at those two teams, in particular Warriors, and you know, from a silicon body standpoint, like, I think guys are starting to look at these teams now and say, what does that city, what does that organization have to offer me from a standpoint that is much bigger than basketball. And so I don't think you guys will struggle in free agency like you have before, because I think you can sell those if you got good free agency pitch, you can sell those things like if I'm if I'm, if I'm you know, if you're the New York Knicks. You can take someone like yourself in a meeting and say yo, like like you know, like there's just so many other things now that you can do. Uh, And obviously you have to be very selective and what you can do if you take someone like yourself into a pitch, because the Knicks aren't just allowed to say, hey, we bring you in. You can invest with Jakow. But these are the type of people that are our fans, that would love to.
Speaker 1: Mention in the stands, and they'll be around after the games. You might be able to network, and people are really savvy now coming into it. So in my dream scenario, we get better. We use these picks wisely. Final two questions I have for you. If we have Mitch and Randall? Do you think we would make it to the finals? And how far will we go? You don't think we're going to be Boston. I think it's going to be a dog. I think it's going seven games. We'll see if Gezaarah or not. And then so that's first, if we have Mitch healthy and we have Randall healthy or either one, how far we go? And then number two, you already told us the worst case scenario, so you can get your knicks for clicks. I understand it's a business. Everybody rate and subscribe posts in the comments.
Speaker 7: Turn on the alert bells right here. Okay, we got that out of the got that out of the way.
Speaker 4: Pfessionalism.
Speaker 7: Best case scenario.
Speaker 1: But when I'm on next year and we're in the in the finals finals, not just the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 4: Who will we have picked up?
Speaker 7: What is the best case scenario for the next.
Speaker 3: If y'all go to the finals this year?
Speaker 6: M we can. We can do it entire like you. I won't even come on the episode. You take, and you take and do whatever you want to do with it that episode. It could be all Nicks. It could be it could be like crushing, like whatever you want to do, you and you run with it. If the Knicks are in the finals, there's yer road chance the Knicks are going to the finals. If y'all had Julius and if y'all had Mitchell Robinson, I don't think either one of those.
Speaker 3: Guys put you over the top.
Speaker 6: They like, if you got Julius Randalls, if you got Mitchell Robinson, neither one of those guys make you better than the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I also think if you got Julius Randall, and early on I actually thought opposite, and Jaln's changed my mind. Early on, I thought if y'all had Julius Randall, it gave y'all a much better chance because you had that second score. And it's that However, the way Jalen is playing, I think Julius would actually be in the way.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: See I said that, and people on like Knicks Fan TV and everything, they were like giving me tomatoes in the chats, and I said, I feel like the offense flows much better.
Speaker 7: And I think the ascension.
Speaker 1: Of Brunson has to do with getting Rgie Rgie out.
Speaker 4: And Randall out of the way and they flow better.
Speaker 1: So that means you maybe think we trade him this summer and maybe find another piece.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if it's necessarily that you have to trade him.
Speaker 6: However, the pieces, all of the pieces have to fit right. Like you got Josh Hart getting downhill, you got Jylen Brunston getting downhill, and then you know even Dante's getting downhill. And so if you have Julius on the court, A I'm gonna sag off a little more because I'm gonna trust that. Yeah, Julius is going to shoot the three, but I'm much better being in help position and then closing out late and getting a good contestant. He can make some threes, right, but like that's not his strong the strongest suit of his game.
Speaker 1: Too much iso from him, you know, he every time he gets in the playoffs, he defals this ISO game instead of the when he catches the ball.
Speaker 7: Making a quick decision like you do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think like the basketball, there's like his fitness is amazing, his skill is obviously unbelievable, but on a basketball like Q Basis, he he kind of gets into this ISO and it's not what the league's about right now, it's just so easy the counter, right.
Speaker 6: No, the ball stops. The ball stops for sure. And so if you look at it, and here's how I also look at it, Jay call again And it's not necessarily that it's like, oh, he needs to be traded. But if you look at how well the knicks are flowing, right, you got Jalen, you got Dante, you got josh Hart, you got og and you got hert and sound right, well, you got to pull one of those guys out of the lineup to put Julie's in there. Yeah, And so which one do you pull out? And quite frankly, all of those guys are just named has been extremely vital into the success that y'all are having right now. So which one of those guys do you pull out? All of a sudden heart's not playing forty eight minutes right, Like, I actually think him playing forty eight minutes is helping y'all now, like in a major way. Now, I don't think it's overall good for him in the long term, but right now, now, in this moment, it's helped you all. And so when you now with og going down, that's where you will like really make a difference, right because you have depth. But as far as the way that the team has, this team has been flowing for y'all, I don't think it flow to say if Julius is out there just because of the dynamic that he has, not necessarily like the pieces can't go into place, and could.
Speaker 7: You ask him to lead the second unit or would.
Speaker 4: That just not work?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a sacrifice.
Speaker 6: Most coaches won't do that, right, Like Steve will do that, and you know, but most coaches in the NBA will not act an all star to take a role coming off the bench because it just it's like it never really works. Like we've won championships and all that you've seen it work. There's proof and the pudding of it working. But like you're going to ask Julius round hey man, I want you to come off the bench so ogi I know we can start. Julius first thought he never been an All Star. I'm an All Star. Well what are you talking about? You know?
Speaker 3: And so I don't think that.
Speaker 6: It's just apples to apples, like, oh, he'd be in it and we'd be better, like because you're the.
Speaker 4: Same number of minutes.
Speaker 1: Players don't want that because it damages their it damages their brand in their next contract, right, exactly, exactly, So it's money at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Jacob, my brother.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you coming on letting people hear this delusion of Knicks fan this guy.
Speaker 7: And I appreciate you being in denial and good luck.
Speaker 1: I hope you got a good box of lures and I got the right bait lined up for you to get those big Marlin.
Speaker 7: I'm rooting for you out there about it's got to be tough for you to be watching the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Does it make you crazy to watch it?
Speaker 3: You do not be there, And we'll end on this note. I was just telling it makes you crazy. I was just.
Speaker 6: Telling a friend yesterday I said, it's very interesting watching these playoffs because all year, I said, all year I watched the NBA, and you could kind of see a change of guard happening, like you could one hundred percent happening, I said, And for me, I think a couple of things.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny. I think it's cool to watch.
Speaker 6: And I was telling him, I feel like the reason that I feel like that, that's how I feel about it, Like it's funny and it's fun to watch, and like it's super dope seeing his young guy because I've been a part of the change of guard before, Like, yes, I've been in the league and been a part of the change of guard, and watching it from that standpoint of the change of guard and not watching it from this vantage point, it's super dope to kind of see both sides of it and actually understand it. However, and winning four championships, I'm cool with the change of guard, like I'm However, I think there's a lot of guys in the league and if you start talking about to change of guard, they.
Speaker 3: Ain't really feeling that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And so I said all of that to say, I'm enjoying watching these playoff So I think it's been fun to watch. I think, you know, just really sitting back spending time with my family. Uh, you know, taking it all in with with no dog in the fight has been great.
Speaker 3: But we back next year. Jake call I can't do this shoe.
Speaker 4: It's just it's wonderful to watch.
Speaker 1: It's been wonderful to be friends with you and to watch your career and now this second act here, you know, with the new media.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're just so good at what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You bring joy and fun to it, you know, and uh, that's just like such a great combination somebody who's having the joy and has the skill and then you put another access on there that you don't care, you're gonna do you that is what makes you so special.
Speaker 4: Don't lose it. You bring it to the pod.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: I've watched so many games.
Speaker 1: It's just so beautiful to watch those Warriors teams, both iterations. When you had Boget, when you you know, when you had d Lee and then now, I mean, it's just been extraordinary to watch and to be your friend, and uh, just love you, Besty, And I.
Speaker 6: Love you too, Bestie. I appreciate you. I'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: Ya can't wait to see you.
Speaker 6: And if these bombs make it to and not bombs literally like I like the guys, but just the Knicks overall.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Knicks is if the Knicks make it to the finals.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'll drop in for when we're up, you know, three two games versus Boston. I'll invite myself on the show when we're three two versus Boston. We'll have a little conversation about your ability to predict with the Knicks, which this is something you can improve on as a broadcast. I think you got to watch a little more of the regular season to get a flavor for how the Knicks are playing. We're dogs. It ain't pretty, but it's gritty.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll have you back when when they get those gentlemen brooms out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that's what. What do you think Pacers is going to be a six game series? Do you think it's six now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Chances is going six? Five?
Speaker 4: Max five?
Speaker 3: Max? All right?
Speaker 4: Love you brother, all right.
Speaker 3: Love you too, brother. Thank you?
Speaker 6: Oh man, that was fun, great friend of mine. So how about this so ja cow and we're going to talk about these thunder and Mavericks. J Cale back at Oracle way back in the days when I was a benchwarmer, Nicks Uh Bogit and David Lee, who was a once a Nick. They play in this poker game that I play in and it's with j Cal and a bunch of other our friends. And this was before A signed my first big deal. But b got in the poker game. I hadn't even learned how to play poker yet. And it's this guy sitting next to our bench like going ape shit, like trolling Bogan, trolling David Lee, like going crazy.
Speaker 3: And I'm sitting here like, Yo, this guy is nuts.
Speaker 6: And this was before, like you you know, the NBA would kind of really monitored to that. And so he's just going crazy on David Lee, crazy on Boga. He's crushing them. And then come full circle, they're like, Yo, that's our boy, j Cal, huge Knicks fan. So I'm happy you all got to see the delusion of the Knicks Thunder and the Mavericks one seventeen to ninety five on Tuesday. Kyrie twenty points, seven for fourteen from the field, three assists. Luca Luca has been struggling nineteen points, nine assists, six rebounds, six and nineteen shooting and only one in eight for three and who a lot of people believe were the MVP snub Shay Gilges Alexander twenty nine, nine and nine eight for nineteen eleven for thirteen from the line, Man, I know, I told you all I think the Dallas Mavericks are winning this series, and they just got mopped. And I've spoken to you all about how hard it is to win game two when you win game one the way that Thunder did they won game one, and the worst possible way you can win it for yourself. Moving forward in game two, they now going to have a very upset Luca, very upset Kyrie, a very upset Dallas Mavericks team, and they got to hold that off. I still think the Mavericks are ultimately would take this series, but I saw something that the Mavericks were doing that I think they really need to. I think they really need to. I think they really.
Speaker 3: Need to adjust on the offensive end.
Speaker 6: And that is a lot of times Kyrie Irving was standing in the corner, Dallas was bringing a guard into the ball screen to set the first screen on lou Dort, essentially to try to get to switch and off of Luca.
Speaker 3: And then they were bringing in the big.
Speaker 6: And what was happening was the big was all the way up at the level water screen. But even more importantly, the guard who was supposed to switch the initial wasn't switching. He was almost just jumping into a corral and corral and Luca and then letting and then letting h lou Dort get through. And now Loudort's back into the body of Luca. He's closer to the se and you just got that big up at the level. Well, then proceeded to happen from that point was one of two things. They weren't honoring number one. They weren't honoring that first guard to say you had Derek Jones sending, you had Josh Green sedding. They weren't honoring those guys at all. They did not care about those guys setting the screen. That was number one. So then what proceeded to happen was Luca had no other choice but to hit Gafford on the role. Luca had no other choice but to hit Derek Lively on the roll. And when he's hitting those guys on the roll, excuse me, on the roll there Gaffer was just going to the hole trying to finish, but he's catching the ball so far out that it wasn't the type of finishes that Derek Gaffer was getting.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Daniel Gaffer.
Speaker 6: When Daniel Gaffer was making thirty three shots in a row and we were hearing about this throughout the season free fill goal attempts in a row.
Speaker 3: He was getting dunks, he was getting lovet he was getting rebound on putbacks.
Speaker 6: Now, so what being up at the level of that screen did was it made the pocket higher, meaning Gafferd's catching the ball so much further out to where by the time he gets to the rim. Okayse's having three guys at the rim contested, and although they don't have much size, it's a lot of bodies to get through, and they're in such great position, that legal guarden position. If they just jump up, it didn't really matter how much size they had because.
Speaker 3: He was jumping from so far out.
Speaker 6: And so I think number one, if they're going to continue to hit Gafford in the pocket that high up, Gofford at some point is going to have.
Speaker 3: To look weak side and spray.
Speaker 6: Now and looking weak side and spray, you're spraying to Josh Green. This is also where the Mavericks will miss Maxi Klabers. Nobody wants to talk about Maxie Klaber being out. That's a big loss for Dallas. They're spraying out to Josh Green, They're spraying out to Derek j was their spraying Jones Junior.
Speaker 3: They're spraying out the PJ Washington. And those guys didn't shoot the ball well at all last game.
Speaker 6: So okase he lived with those guys catching and shooting and it did not work. It did not work at all. Derek Lively, I actually thought was the opposite. He wasn't aggressive enough and was only looking for the skip out. But with his skip out again, who were you skipping it out? Who were skipping it out too? And so I think that was really big. And I think if Dallas is going to continue to set that screen first screen with the guard to try to get the switch, the screen has to be set with Kyrie Irving. And the reason it has to be set with Kyrie Irving is because when Kyrie Irvins slip out in college, when Kyrie Irvin slip out in space and they're in coverage, Kyrie Irving can now make a play.
Speaker 3: So guess what, they can't stay in coverage.
Speaker 6: They can't corral because if you hit Kyrie with a man down, Remember the biggest up the floor already on the opposite side, waiting on Luca to come off. So and Kyrie Irving, man is there. Now you got Kyrie Irvin coming downhill. Forget the other two shooters. You can bring all three guys in. Kyrie Irving's finishing over three guys. Two guys floater mid range pull up. Kyrie Irving is finishing that stuff. And so I think they're gonna have to bring Kyrie into more action, more ball screens with Luka and Kyrie setting in for each other. Let's see how they handle that. Now we got the switch. Now you sprint the big into it. Now they're trying to react. Now you got lou Dort got to pull in for help. Lou Dort's been all over these guys, right, So once lou Dort then switches off and he's on Luka or Kyrie, he's not helping off those guys. Now you got that guy coming off to make the play with the big rolling fast because he's came up sprinting.
Speaker 3: Now you can get.
Speaker 6: Into the actions that you want to get into. Now you can have Luca making the reads that he can make. Now Luca won't be one for eight from three because he'll be more in the rhythm and those shots will get easier. It'll soften the defense up. And so I still think Dallas is winning this game. I mean, excuse me, winning this series. Okay, see looked really good. You gotta get those guys a lot of credit. But I still think I got Dallas taking it. And who's going to have to play better and he's kind a down year, Tim Hardaway Junior. Tim Hardaway Junior going to have to play better. You're going to have to make some shots if this team is going to win. Like I said, especially without Maxi Klaiber, Tim Hardaway Junior must have a game or two in order for them to win this series because they need to shooting, They really need, really need to shoot in and so Tim, I think Dallas has a real chance.
Speaker 3: Of competing to get to the finals. I really do.
Speaker 6: And Tim is going to have to play better, and I think Jay Kidd does. They're gonna have to do some things to loosen up Luca Moore and not have him operating at the at the free throw and I also think they're gonna have to speed their pace up a bit.
Speaker 3: You speed your pace up. Now the defense isn't getting set every time.
Speaker 6: And if lou Dort wants to pick up Luca the way he was, start setting that screen up higher. Start setting that screen up at half court. You set the screen at half court. Now you got Luca coming downhill. Let the big and the whole floor opens up. Now you got Lou Door chasing the play. Well, guess what lucas six six eight, what two and forty pounds, big body. Once you get behind, he's gonna put you in jail. You're not getting back in front of him. And by the way, if you fight to get back in front of him, welcome to the world of Jaylen Bruston step back because you fighting to recover as opposed to riding the hip and so and if you ride Luca hipp he's got.
Speaker 3: So much size.
Speaker 6: He just put you on the hip and like see over, you get the shot he wants. And so I think they're gonna need to play with a little more pace as well. Set some higher up screens, free Luca up and then also get the ball in Kyrie Irvans hands a little more twenty points on seven for fourteen shooting, and Luca only took what eighteen shots?
Speaker 3: Nineteen shots?
Speaker 6: Kyrie Irvan needs to attempt more than fourteen shots. So, as you all know, I got the Mavericks beating the Thunder and I still think it's happening. I'm not getting hell bent over a twenty two point loss. It's one oh, and that's all that means. Before we get out of here, Well take our questions. Joker, third MVP and fourth seasons Shade runner up. Do I feel it was the correct decision? Here's why. I mean, Joker's great. However, I think the way Shae closed the season. He had a great season all year, but the way he closed the season, the way it came down the stretch of who was going to get the number one seed, like the number one seed and all that stuff mattered when Joker got the number one seed, but now it don't matter when Shake get the number one seed. I thought the way the season closed out, I'm not necessarily going to say Shay should have won. I think it should have been a lot closer.
Speaker 3: Though. I think the race should have been a lot closer.
Speaker 6: But a lot of these voters have their mind made up far before they should.
Speaker 3: You know, God see it in January like this is my MVP.
Speaker 6: Mine's made up too early and it's hard to move them off that And I think you know, Shae was hit with a case of that and it's unfortunate, but he got you know, sha Shaale continue to get better as he has in this league and I think his time is coming.
Speaker 3: But congrats the Joker, well deserved.
Speaker 6: You know, the work that he continues to put in, what he continues to do to opposing defenses every night is unmatched and unlike pretty much anything we've ever seen in the league at the way he's going to bout it from the position that he's doing it. So shout out the Joker. Congrats on another one Jackson. Before we get out of here, can we get a couple questions please?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir from keV g Z. Has Jalen Brunson become the best point guard in the NBA with his performances in the playoffs so far?
Speaker 3: Fuck? No, Steph Curry in the NBA?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 3: Are you crazy? What? Come on?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Next? That's ridiculous. Steph Curry still in the NBA is still great? Come on? Stop it?
Speaker 9: What from at Savta. Should the Timberwolves be the favorites to win it all?
Speaker 3: Right now? Luca Doncis is also a point guard.
Speaker 9: As is Shay Gods Alexander.
Speaker 3: Jesus kidding me, God Lee, what is wrong with these people?
Speaker 9: So go ahead and stay out of gear from at Sava. Should the Timberwolves be the favorites to win it all?
Speaker 5: At this point?
Speaker 3: Should they be the favorites?
Speaker 6: What has Boston done wrong to take them off being the favorite? It's like, I don't I don't know that Boston has done anything wrong to lose their spots as the favorite.
Speaker 3: The timber was our plan great.
Speaker 6: But Boston is pretty much doing what everybody expected them to do, So I don't know what.
Speaker 3: They did to not be the favorite anymore.
Speaker 6: In saying that, I think, h yeah, I believe in I believe the Timberwills should win, But I just don't know what all these people in the world are like, Oh, Boston is not the favorite. I was never of the assumption that Boston was a favorite because I thought we were the favorite.
Speaker 3: But that's the story for another day.
Speaker 9: Okay, let's do on the topic of the MVP and on the topic of the Celtics from at being x pac Is. Has Jason Tatum become underrated? People are discrediting him because of all the talent around him.
Speaker 3: Has JT become I don't think he's become underrated. I just think.
Speaker 6: When you're in superstar territory, which Jason Tatum is a superstar, when you're in superstar territory, there's this imaginary clock that people start on you. And once they start the clock, you essentially have a certain amount of time to step your second foot through the window, like your first foot in, like you're halfway in and halfway out the window, and then they need you to step your second foot in the window.
Speaker 3: And how do you do that?
Speaker 6: Well, Jason's clock started with going to what five or six conference finals in the first six seven years of his career, and.
Speaker 3: So his clock started.
Speaker 6: And because his clock started on that front, obviously he's already a great player, but his clock started on that front.
Speaker 3: And they have not won.
Speaker 6: And so now because they haven't won, what Jason is up against is not winning because everybody viewed, oh, this guy, they went to the conference finals, he's young, they are going to win it, and he hasn't, And so people are now holding that against him, and so no, I don't think he's underrated. I think everyone thinks very much still that Jadson Tatum is who Jason Tatum is. However, that imaginary clock that gets to running on people when they have success early in the league, ala Devin Booker from a scoring standpoint, his clock started running on is he going to become a superstar now?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: That clock starts running and if you don't step in it, it closes. The Memphis Grizzlies clock started running because they start barking they were playing against us, We're gonna beat them. I'm running up the chimney. The clock started running. They haven't stepped into that window. Guess what everybody's on to no longer talking about John morn there on that Anthony Vers in the Minnesota Timber was when your clock starts, you got to step through that window or people are on to the next one. And that's what I think Jason Tatum is up against. So I don't think he's underrated. I think that imaginary colt is getting him right now. And unfortunately there's not much you can do about the imaginary clock. So in order for Jason to get back, what people believed and to get back to being viewed as that gotta win the championship. And it's unfortunate and it's unfair because it doesn't happen to everybody. But you know, life ain't fair, as they say, although I think life is very fair and I think everybody end up getting what they deserve. Ad that's what they say, so we shall see. But that is a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. Thank you all for tuning in. Thank you JCL for coming to show the supporters of the Draymond Green Show how fucking delusional Knicks fans are, how satisfied they are with a first round win and being up to on the second round, and they'll get to the conference finals and act like they won four championships.
Speaker 3: And that is just who the Knicks have been. But good luck to them. Till next time, Peace,