Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I'm Nathan Hager and I'm Karen Moscow. Here are the stories we're following today.
Speaker 2: Karen, it's day twenty six of the war with Iran, but hopes are building for a diplomatic solution. President Trump says talks are underway to try to end the fighting.
Speaker 1: We're in negotiations right now.
Speaker 3: They're doing it along with Marco jd.
Speaker 4: We have a number of people doing it, and the other side, I can tell you they'd like to make a deal.
Speaker 2: President Trump spoke from the White House as the US has drafted a deal to bring the conflict to a close. We get the details from Bloomberg's Jumana Borsecci in Dubai.
Speaker 5: A fifteen point proposal has been submitted to the Iranians via Pakistan. This fifteen point proposal is very similar to some of the terms that the US had set out prior to the war, even started reiterating some of the key points. A commitment to pursue nuclear weapons, the smantling of key nuclear sites, limited missile program, and a diaminant of proxy funding. But there is one new element, and that is the US. Of course, are insisting on a full reopening of the Strait of Hormless.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg Johanna Brissetti reports IRUN has yet to comment formally on the proposal, it did keep up drone and missile attacks on Israel and golf are of States overnight. At the same time, Bloomberg News has learned that the Trump Administration's ordered about two thousand soldiers from the eighty second Airborne to deploy to the Middle East. Officials have not said what they'll be used for, but they could play support roles or lead the way for a ground attack.
Speaker 3: Well, Nathan, we are seeing oil decline over the latest developments. Right now nimex screwede oil is down five and a quarter percent. Is it eighty seven dollars forty seven cents a barrel? Brent is a ninety eight dollars eighty nine cents black roxy Eilary Fing was asked by the BBC what the long term consequences of the war might be.
Speaker 6: If there's a cessation of war and yet remains a threat, a threat to trade, a threat to the to the streets of harmouth that I would argue that we could have years years of you know, above one hundred dollars closer to one hundred and fifty dollars oil.
Speaker 5: What happens to the glebe La call me. If that happens, how do we see it?
Speaker 3: We'll have global reception and Mary Fink added he could see high oil prices affecting the expansion of AI and the US.
Speaker 2: And Europe and if the war continues Karen. United Airlines is warning its customers they may have to pay more for tickets. CEO Scott Kirby spoke with Bloomberg's Lisa Brahmowitz in Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: There will be less demand, There'll be fewer people traveling nice prices go up. That's part of our cut capacity five percent. Like you know, when airfares have to go up because of oil prices, there are going to be some people that choose not to fly. And it'd be naive not to realize that if wil price has stayed where they are today, that's eleven billion of expense for US and that would require prices to be up twenty percent to break even.
Speaker 2: United CEO Scott Kirby says at the moment, demand remain means very strong. You can catch the full conversation on the new video experience on the Bloomberg Business app mon Nathan.
Speaker 3: We now turned to the latest on that deadly plane crash at LaGuardia Airport. A system designed to help air traffic controllers monitor vehicles and airplanes on the ground failed to alert personnel before an Air Canada ExpressJet collided with a fire truck, killing the two pilots. Federal investigators say one of only two air traffic controllers on duty cleared a fire truck across a runway just twelve seconds before the flight touched down. Here's National Transportation Safety Board Jennifer Hammondy, the.
Speaker 8: Controller in charge was also doing the duties of the clearance delivery position that the clearance delivery controller provides pilots with their departure.
Speaker 3: Clearance, and as National Transportation Safety Board share Jennifer Hammandy, who says, among the areas being explored or whether the common practice of two controllers on duty overnight is enough.
Speaker 2: Turning to the nation's capital, now, Karen Senate Democrats, I've rejected the latest offer from President Trump and Republicans to fund most of the Department of Homeland Security and end a lengthy shutdown that has snarled airport's security checkpoints and threatened to ripple through an economy already royaled by war. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says Democrats will send a counteroffer to Republicans.
Speaker 8: Republicans can hopefully now come back to the table and get serious about reaching a solution to pay TSA workers asap.
Speaker 2: Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer says the GOP plan does not include any of the policy reforms and immigration and customs enforcement that they've insisted on. Here's House Speaker Mike Johnson, so I can.
Speaker 9: Tell you the House is funded DHS twice.
Speaker 10: We're prepared to do it again, completely fond the entire department that is a responsible to do this thing.
Speaker 7: So we've been very resistant to any.
Speaker 3: Idea to break you apart.
Speaker 2: House Speaker Mike Johnson says the Republican offer would have funded ninety four percent of DHS, but leave out five and a half billion dollars for ice enforcement.
Speaker 3: Well. Nathan, a Democrat, is boysed to represent President Trump and ismral Lago residents in the Florida State House of Representatives. According to Decision Desk HH, Democrat Emily Gregory is predicted to defeat her Republican opponent John Maples and a special election. Gregory got fifty one percent of the vote compared with forty nine for Maples. Republicans hold a wide majority in the Florida State House, so the upset will have little effect on state politics, but it represents a symbolic win for Democrats ahead of the midterms. President Trump cast a mail in ballot in Florida as he continues to publicly bash the voting method as a source of fraud.
Speaker 2: Well Judge Karen is bashing the Trump administration's rationale for banning the federal government's use of artificial intelligence technology from Anthropic. Federal judge says the government's decision does not appear to be quote tailored to the stated national security concern and looks like an attempt to cripple Anthropic. The maker of the Claude chatbot, claims that the Pentagon's ban could cost it billions of dollars in lost revenue.
Speaker 3: News Nathan SpaceX's reportedly aiming to file a perspective for an initial public offering as soon as this week. The Information reports Elon Musk Company could try to raise more than seventy five billion dollars. That capital raising would shatter the previous high watermark set by Saudia Ramcos twenty nine billion dollar listing in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: And Karen Meta Platforms is offering its top executives stock options for the first time since it's twenty twelve IPO as part of an effort to retain and compensate executives. The new options are outlined in company filings. They will be released if Meta hits ambitious stock price milestones over coming years.
Speaker 3: And a programming note, Nathan Markets make cloths on Fridays, but the world does not, and that's why we're bringing you a new live radio and TV show. Bloomberg This Weekend is looking beyond the daily headline, so the bigger themes driving politics, business and culture. Joined David Gurek, Christina Raffini, and Lisa Matteo for smart conversations and in depth interviews that help make sense of the week that's been and what comes next. Get Bloomberg This Week and live Saturdays and Sundays from seven am Eastern on Bloomberg Radio, TV and the Bloomberg Business app. Time Now for look at some of the other stories making news in new York and around the world. And for that we're John by Bloomberg's Monica Rich Monica, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hey, Good morning, Karen. Delta suspending specialty services now for Congress. As a partial government shutdown continues and TSA delays get longer. Lawmakers can typically get through security screenings quicker, and they have escorts to bypass long lines. They also have a dedicated reservation desk that, among other things, allows them to make some last minute changes. But Delta says the priority now is taking care of its staff and customers, which they say is becoming increasingly difficult.
Speaker 10: Hi Dow Salling, swe Marlen mull markway Mullen.
Speaker 3: Martin Wayn.
Speaker 9: Mullen has been sworn in as the new Secretary of Homeland Security and says he's ready to get to work and get TSA workers paid.
Speaker 10: They're working with for free because of political politics. That's all I need to know. I tell him, was your fight in three inner sixty five days? Understand I'll be fighting three inner sixty days, three hundred six five days beside you.
Speaker 9: Energy Executive Allan Armstrong was tapped by Oklahoma Governor Kevin stid to fill Mullen's Senate seat. He was also sworn in yesterday. Denmark's election is still unconclusive right now, which means the prime Minister's future is still in limbo this morning. It was an early election following President Trump's threats to take over Greenland, and results show that Prime Minister Meta Frederickson's left leaning campaign lost ground compared with the country's last election in twenty twenty two. Neither party won a majority in parliament, and Meta has been ordered to pay three hundred and seventy five million dollars in damages now after a jury in New Mexico ruled that Meta misled teenagers in the state about the safety of its social networks. Jurors say the company new apps like Facebook and Instagram have become breeding grounds for sexual predators. There's a similar trial that said to happen later this year in California. Global News twenty four four hours a day and whenever you want it with Bloomberg News Now. I'm Monica Ricks and this is Bloomberg Karen.
Speaker 3: Thanks Monica. Time now for our Bloomberg Sports update, and for that we bring in John Stashower.
Speaker 11: Thanks Karen. Hasn't expected in North Carolina. Has spired basketball coach Ubert Davis after five years on the job. The tar Heels in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, blew a nineteen point lead and lost to VCU. The Heels oh Davis five million. Joe Flacco not done at age forty one. He'll play a nineteen season. He signed with Cincinnati, where he'll be the backup to Joe Burrow. The baseball season begins tonight with one game. It's the Yankees in San Francisco. That's your Bloomberg Sports update.
Speaker 3: Stay with us. More from Bloomberg day Break coming up after.
Speaker 1: This Coast to coast on Bloomberg Radio, nationwide on Sirius XM, and around the world on Bloomberg dot Com and the Bloomberg Business opp This is Bloomberg Daybreak.
Speaker 2: Good morning, I'm Nathan Hager. On day twenty six, the US Israeli War, where Iran the US is pushing diplomacy. Pakistan says Iran has received a fifteen point piece plan from the US At the White House, President Trump says Iran wants to make a deal.
Speaker 4: I don't like to say this.
Speaker 11: We've won this.
Speaker 3: This war has been one the only one that likes to keep it going?
Speaker 2: Is the fake news that was President Trump speaking at the White House this morning. We're joined from Dubai by Bloomberg New Senior Middle East reporter Sam Dagger. Sam, Good morning. What more do we know about this fifteen point plan and whether Iran may be open to it?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning to you and your listeners. Yeah, I mean, obviously there's still a lot of uncertainty over the structure of negotiations, who is going to be participating on the Iranian side, how any deal would be structured at the stage. So obviously a lot of positive talk from the White House from President Trump, but a lot of unknowns on this side. We just heard actually earlier today from the spokesman for Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the Armed Forces. His name is Lieutenant Colonel Ibrahim Zolviegari, and he had some pretty, you know, strong words. He said, addressing President Trump. You know, and I'm quoting here, have your internal conflicts reached the point where you're negotiating with yourselves? And he says again I'm quoting in here. He says, our first and last word has been the same from day one. It will stay that way, someone like us will never come to terms with someone like you. Again, it's Alvigari addressing President Trump. He said, not now, not ever, so accoting to Iran, at least the people who are calling the shots on the ground, the IRGC. There are no negotiations.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, though we have heard, though, haven't we that Pakistan has delivered this peace plan to Iran?
Speaker 11: What more do we know about that?
Speaker 2: And what the parameters of this plan could be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it could be potentially, you know, the people on the civilian side, I mean, people like the Foreign Minister about Sarrazi, who had been leading negotiations before the start of the war. It could be people like you know, the Speaker of Parliament, a very powerful figure right now in the regime, Mohammed Baker Galibav But he's come out also, and I mean a couple of days ago and says, you know that the condition for any talks with the US would be, uh, you know, the Iranian people, as he said, demand complete and remorseful punishment of the aggressors. And I mean there have been reports that Iran is basically saying, yes, it will talk to the US, as long as you know, it receives a legally binding guarantees that would against any future attacks by Israel in the US. It also wants apparently again reportedly billions in reparations for damage caused by the war. It wants sanctions to be lifted. It also wants to formalize control over the Strait of Her Moves, and it's already charging transit fees. I mean, we've reported that here at Bloomberg, and it has circulated a letter among members of the International Maritime Organization saying that any passage through the Strait of Her Moves has to be in coordination with again I'm quoting them here the letter, in coordination with competent authorities.
Speaker 2: We have just thirty seconds left here, Dan, But we're hearing as well that the US is sending even more forces to the Middle East. What kind of impact could that have?
Speaker 4: Correct And again I can tell you the posture here of Gulf states, I mean where I'm sitting in the UAE, and to certain Saudi Arabia, they feel like almost military confrontation with Iran at this stage is almost inevitable. I mean, they have been discussing military options. There was a meeting in Riyad last week where that was on the table. We're hearing very strong language from the UA to Foreign miniSTR a couple of days ago said we will no negotiate with terrorist.
Speaker 3: This is Bloomberg Daybreak, your morning podcast on the stories making news from Wall Street to Washington and beyond.
Speaker 2: Look for us on your podcast feed by six am Eastern each morning, on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere else you listen.
Speaker 3: You can also listen live each morning starting at five am Wall Street Time on Bloomberg eleven three to zero in New York, Bloomberg in ninety nine to one in Washington, Bloomberg ninety two nine in Boston, and nationwide on serious XM Channel one twenty one.
Speaker 2: Plus listen coast to coast on the Bloomberg Business app now with Apple CarPlay and Android auto interfaces.
Speaker 3: And don't forget to subscribe to Bloomberg and News Now. It's the latest news whenever you want it in five minutes or less. Search Bloomberg News Now and your favorite podcast platform to stay informed all day long. I'm Karen Moscow and.
Speaker 2: I'm Nathan Hager. Join us again tomorrow morning for all the news you need to start your day right here on Bloomberg Daybreak