Speaker 1: It's a media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, spent to New Arth today. We're joined by Steve Jannis, cal Brody, Randall, Seth Marge and John John. This is your first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at Mead Theater.
Speaker 2: I am the retail associate at the Meat Eater flagship store in downtown Boseman.
Speaker 1: But what kind of folks do you deal with in there? Are they? Like, what percentage of people come in there who are like Meat Theater fans versus they have no idea what the store is.
Speaker 2: I would say probably seventy percent or met Eater fans. Okay, but once we get into like tourist season here in Bozeman, it's kind of like.
Speaker 1: An even fifty to fifty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then, like we've always had people coming into the store thinking it's a restaurant, believe it or not. We actually had somebody ask for a menu at one point.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, they'll ask if Steve is in there, one question. He's so in the shirts in the back of the store.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: We always have people where's Ranella at that'd be great.
Speaker 4: We just had a little vo booth in the back. They could like look in through some glass and you can see Steve in there talking into one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's what's the status on the bison skull? That thing is still getting fingered on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's seen fingers from around the world.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yes, right. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there's a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing for the stat of the week. This week, we're looking at the most common category for question ten. In a recent episode, Randall and Phil proclaimed that I too frequently end the show on a fishing question. So below why because why? What?
Speaker 5: Why? Were they complaining?
Speaker 1: But well they were they think it's giving an advantage to Brody, not.
Speaker 6: Necessarily an advantage. It's just kind of anti climactic when we know Brody's going to get the answer.
Speaker 1: Well, I looked at the last ten episodes to see if they're right.
Speaker 3: That's not representative.
Speaker 7: And you throw a fishing question.
Speaker 1: If Brody's they think question ten is always a fishing question, so then it's already like we already know what's going to happen. Dang it, Brody's going to get this one right. Conservation was the final question twice, woodsmanship was twice, hunting was three times, and fishing was three times. So hunting and fishing had been the most common category for question ten, with conservation woodsmanship right behind them. You think I need to get a bigger sample size, though, and that's going to prove you right.
Speaker 3: I think that ten, the prior ten episodes tell us nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that's like walking around a diner and asking people who's going to be president.
Speaker 1: That probably works, depends where the diner is. We'll get a bigger sample size to see if you're right. But I think I think Brody is on the side.
Speaker 6: Doesn't matter what's true, Spencer. What matters is how I feel.
Speaker 1: M M all right. Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I f Q Devin med says me and a buddy are avid listeners and have agreed on a bet. We are having a year long competition and whoever loses the most games has to get a tattoo on their ass cheek. Originally the rules were that the winner would pick the tattoo, but we'd really love for you guys to decide. We want it to be something related to the four verticals. What are your ideas? What's the room think? Mm a trivia loser is going to get a butt chee soccer game on suckers, Then then there'd be a few of us walking around the world with that tatto.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd to get rid of the banner because that's not gonna tattoo.
Speaker 1: Well mmmmm hmm, who else has that tattoo? Me and there's some other listener who's who's rode in mine is? I can't hardly see it, but it's back there.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so you went without the banner.
Speaker 1: I went without the banner like two years old. I don't know if if that's new on their butt. Wow, maybe one of them gets the squirrel and one of them gets the sucker. Then they it's like Power Rangers. And then we're like seating a future segment for Medea Radio of Tattoos. I regret.
Speaker 3: Just keep that thing going.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Devin will throw some ideas at you over the next month or so on the show. Here people are going to think on this and and uh, we're gonna make some suggestions. All right, we have some housekeeping. On a previous episode, we had a question about the state knife of Texas, and this caused some angry Texans to write in about our pronunciation. Apparently the man who the knife is named after pronounced it Bowie, like the thing that floats in a lake, not Bowie, like the glam rocker who wondered if there's life on Mars. But the most confusing part in all of this is that David Bowie actually created that stage name because of the knife. He said, the big giant blade is very Americana, and then it signified his music was quote cutting through the lies. Bowie said in a two thousand interview that he's heard it said differently across the globe, and that quote, I don't even know how to pronounce it anymore. But when it comes to the knife, the answer is firmly Bowie. My apologies to our text and listeners.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, if I had been here, jumped on you about that.
Speaker 1: You knew it was Bowe of course I would. Just you know, the most famous Bowie we have is David Bowie. Jim Bowie boo ooe, yeah, David Bowie. Phil, You ever sang some David Bowie at karaoke?
Speaker 6: I was in a David Bowie cover band.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 6: What was it called Queen Bitches?
Speaker 1: And what was your role in the band?
Speaker 6: I played bass. I mean it was kind of it was started as a joke and we only ever played one show, but it was it was for it was a it was an opening act for a porn movie. So it was a blast.
Speaker 1: You tell us more about that later at fourteen. All right, the Shelby Index fort today is a three winner, should get six correct answers. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, just tend to win everybody.
Speaker 8: I feel like Steve just does not come in with his swagger of old anymore.
Speaker 1: What was this swagger of old?
Speaker 8: He'd come in just talking ship to everyone.
Speaker 1: Wasn't here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's My body's still get trying to get used to my brain's decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to be out of here by three o'clock. The wise Steve can't join us all right. Question one. The topic is fishing. This will be multiple choice. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by j D. Miller for sending this great question. JD is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to trivia at the meadeater dot com. Which state is the brook trout not native to Is it Virginia, Iowa, Arkansas, or Connecticut? Which state is the brook trout not native to Virginia? Iowa, Arkansas, Connecticut? Cal? How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: Fair to middle one?
Speaker 1: Okay, Brody the second quickest player to have an answer. Brody, you got this one right. I'm pretty sure I do. Okay, Brody and Cal confident? Which state is the brook trout not native to Virginia? Iowa, Arkansas, Connecticut? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: It's too long of an answer.
Speaker 1: So go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Iowa. Steve says Iowa. Jannis Iowa, Randall Iowa, John Iowa, Caliowa, Marge Iowa, Brody Arkansas. The correct answer is Arkansas, Brody, I changed it. Got that one Those questions to brook trot Our native to the Great Lakes region, New England and the Appalachian Mountains. The closest their native range gets to Arkansas is about four hundred miles east in northern Georgia and eastern Tennessee. Question to the topic is gear. This nine letter word is defined as quote, a knitted covering for the head and neck with an opening for the nose and eyes worn for protection against the wind and cold. This nine letter word is defined as a knitted covering for the head and neck with an opening for the nose and eyes worn for protection against wind and cold.
Speaker 6: Who's got the squeaky pen?
Speaker 1: Someone who's writing? I think Steve.
Speaker 3: He's real good at making a squeaky noise.
Speaker 1: Brodie, you're confident your answer. You got this one right? Steve, you got this one right? Did you know it immediately? Okay?
Speaker 7: Players, man, I wish I got that first one right. I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready.
Speaker 7: I'd have a perfect game right now.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and what's your board? Say Steve, it's upside down?
Speaker 6: What the hell does that say?
Speaker 1: We have Seth and Steve and Giannis and Randall and John. The entire room got it right. The answer is balaklava. The Balaklava is named after a I'm not sure, no sure, someone will write. The Bolla Clava is named after a Russian village where British soldiers wore them during the Crimean War. They are commonly used by people who were hunting, fishing, snowmbiling, skiing, or snowboarding. They are often They are often associated with criminals who want to hide their identity, but.
Speaker 5: Then they're just called ski masks.
Speaker 6: First, nobody.
Speaker 1: In Russia. Question what's the three?
Speaker 6: But what's the Greek uh treaty?
Speaker 7: One? Yeah, question.
Speaker 1: Question three. The topic is hunting. A hunter named van Pelt is the antagonist in this nineteen ninety five Robin Williams movie.
Speaker 6: Oh My God, Jesus this movie Once.
Speaker 1: A hunter named Van Pelt is the antagonist in this nineteen ninety five Robin Williams movie. Brody and Randall are very confident they're the only players with an answer, so confident.
Speaker 3: I am extremely confident.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Last time ago, well thirty years ago. A hunter named Van Pelt is the antagonist in this nineteen ninety five Robin Williams movie Mark from RK, How long ago do you die?
Speaker 3: It's been a while?
Speaker 1: Can google that?
Speaker 6: My guess is.
Speaker 7: Weird shit going on around then?
Speaker 6: Wasn't there?
Speaker 7: He had some.
Speaker 1: He died in twenty fourteen? Why'd you know that immediately?
Speaker 6: Because I have a memory about reading the news when I lived in Missoula, and I only lived in Missoula for a short amount of time, so I knew it was twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: A hunter named Van Pelt is the antagonist in this nineteen ninety five Robin Williams movie Here's a hymn.
Speaker 7: No, Oh, I know I got the wrong answer now.
Speaker 1: Because ah, why do you know you have the wrong answer?
Speaker 7: Because he's the antagonist in the movie.
Speaker 8: I wrote down, Oh missus Dulphi will he didn't play too many bad.
Speaker 7: Guys one I'm thinking of. He's the antagonist.
Speaker 1: A hunter named Van Pelt is the antagonist in this nineteen ninety five Robin Williams movie Do Her other players give up? Who don't have an answer? Can you know this one? Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth answer Jesus, Steve. What's that say Steve? He was the Insomnia, Yeah he was.
Speaker 7: Alpacino was the protagonist.
Speaker 1: He was the Jannis and Randall say Jumanji. John without an answer, Kl says Jumanji. Marge says hook, Brody says night at the Museum. The correct answer is Jumanji. Three players. That one right?
Speaker 4: What's the latest one that had the video game that Rock and his buddies go into Jumanji?
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you about it here. Jumanji was a box office hit, as the tenth highest grossing film of nineteen ninety five. It's about a supernatural board game that releases jungle based hazards on its players. Jumanji sequels were released in twenty seventeen and twenty nineteen, with another coming in twenty twenty six. A little known addition to the franchise came out in two thousand and five called Zathura. The spinoff film is about a space themed board game that releases meteor showers, aliens, and astronauts into your living room. Phil, did you love Jumanji?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, it was heavyer tation at my babysitter's place back in the day.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the Thorough I have not seen the Thorough. No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like sci fi Jumanji. But the the remakes or I guess sequels with the Rock and Kevin Hart and everything, they're not bad. They're solid Jack Jack Black.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody likes that gay everybody.
Speaker 1: Question four the topic is public lands and this next great question is via Derek Morin. New England's tallest mountain, Mount Washington, is located in this state. Players have their confidence back a lot of quick answers. New England's tallest mountain, Mount Washington, is located in this state.
Speaker 5: Should be called Mount buzz Kill. You can drive right to the top of this thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it kills a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Does kill a lot of people.
Speaker 9: Called the buzz Kill that kills Yeah, yeah, people hiking and crocs.
Speaker 5: Til you get frozen.
Speaker 3: Were just yeah driving up.
Speaker 1: It, Randall, I bet you'd loved Jumanji.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm actually my memory is very faint. I could picture Van Pelt, great mustache on that guy in a paid helmet. If I recall, yes, I didn't like the little boy that turned into the creature when he got didn't it was no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's upsetting. He gets very hairy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it becomes a monkey. I didn't like that. I didn't like there's like bugs that come after him. Things.
Speaker 5: Don't like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh no, you know, I think it's serviceable, light fair.
Speaker 7: This this review can wrap up.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we'll write down a few players.
Speaker 9: Your Your line of question is striking me as odd, okay, Like like I would say, let's say something weird happen, Like let's say you see two dogs like you know, right, you might say I might stay to Seth, like I bet you like that, don't you Seth?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 9: So, but for you to say, like, well, I bet you liked Jumanji, don't.
Speaker 1: Show you In nineteen ninety five, handle, I would have been nine years old, nine years old when a like a zoo base mounting wildlife.
Speaker 6: Movie, you do this exact same thing. You just phrase it differently, and you'll know you'll look at you and go, ynest, you'll appreciate this, And then you say something that he doesn't really appreciate it all.
Speaker 7: But I stole that from Brian Callen.
Speaker 1: Again New England's tallest mountain not Washington, because.
Speaker 7: Brian Calm are sitting there and there's like a fret Doug Durrant's house. There's like a farmer comes in and no one knows anything about it. Brian Cown's telling like one of the most grotesque stories. He's like, this dude just coming the door. Brian Cownt goes, you'll appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Another friend of ours starts not every story, but a lot of them, by saying you'll like this story. It's really funny, and then he tells you the story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because then yeah, he gets in your head. Maybe you do wind it like.
Speaker 1: I think assuming a nine year old Randall Williams would have liked that movie. All right, does everyone have an answer for New England's tallest mountain, Mount Washington, is located in this state?
Speaker 7: Hell, I smudged my letters?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your what's your deal with your micro writing today?
Speaker 7: Cheat?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got to say, it's just like on each side, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Steve saying New Hampshire, Giannis says Vermont, Randall New Hampshire, John Vermont cal New Hampshire. Marge crossed out New Hampshire and wrote down Vermont. It says New Hampshire. The grand direct answer is New Hampshire. About half of our room got that one right. Thirty one of New England's thirty four tallest peaks are located in New Hampshire. Mount Washington is six two hundred eighty eight feet in elevate, which is five hundred feet taller than the second place Mount Adams. At the Mount Washington Observatory, in nineteen thirty four, a two hundred and thirty one miles per hour wind speed was recorded, which was the world record until nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 6: You know, Keen, New Hampshire was the primary filming location for what movie Lake Plaid? Jumanji?
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't make. Why did you know that?
Speaker 6: Because I went there with Steve and we had dinner with Duncan, Duncan Dayton, Dayton, Duncan Ken Burns, Guy t and he told us all about it.
Speaker 1: Wow. And he didn't get you.
Speaker 6: He didn't get you much.
Speaker 1: Question five the topic is cooking. Who is the author of Mastering the Art of French Cooking? Steve and Janni and Brody and Randall and Cal go into their whiteboards. Who is the author of Mastering the Art of French Cooking? Let me see what you got?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me see two. I would say you're throwing Steve a bone, but you know he was going to be here, so.
Speaker 1: I did not know Steve. Have you read this book?
Speaker 7: Steve aware of it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you own him?
Speaker 7: I may.
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 7: I honestly don't own it. I mean I've held it.
Speaker 1: But who is the author of Mastering the Art of French Cookie?
Speaker 7: You know it's like, to be honest with you, it's a lot of m hmm. It's not a favorite of mine. We get done.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you if you want to, I'll tell you if you want to start doing that, I'll tell you who to read.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have the time for you to make that declaration.
Speaker 3: We do have to be out of here by three, we do.
Speaker 7: I'll do it quick.
Speaker 1: It just takes two words, I thought, Brod he was confident. He picked up his whiteboard awful fast. But now now he's floundering. Who is the author of Mastering the Art a French Cooking?
Speaker 4: Just to make it fun?
Speaker 5: Brody flounder?
Speaker 7: Oh shush, what does this? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: He wants to get it wrong. He's telling Brody, don't try too hard. Brody, do you have an answer? Is everybody right? Go ahead and reveal your answer. Seth without an answer, Steve and Yanni and Randall say Julia Child. John without an answer. Cal says, what's that say? Uh? Marge says Julia Child. That's what I wrote, says Julia Child's correct answer is Julia Child. About half of our players got that one right. Southern Living magazine called that the most famous American cookbook, while a PBS documentary declared her America's favorite chef. Child won multiple awards for her TV shows and cookbooks, were dying at the age of ninety one. In two thousand and four. Danielle Pruitt said Child was the inspiration for her duck a la Bourbon recipe that you can get on the meat eater dot com. Steve, what do you have to say about that cookbook? Uh?
Speaker 7: I don't want to go negative. I'll go positive.
Speaker 9: I think that for for like a somewhat proficient home cook who wants to make some French dishes, I would recommend the works of Jack Peppin otherwise known as Jacques Pepine.
Speaker 1: Okay, count what e p I n get what's the name of his book?
Speaker 7: He's got Encore with Claudine.
Speaker 9: He's got uh Jack Peppin celebrates. I call him Jack Jackin Jack Peppin Celebrates. He's got a whole shitload of books.
Speaker 7: I can't name them all.
Speaker 1: Fell We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 6: Here we are y Man, two people ahead of me, John in last place with one point coming up next to margin Seth with two. Tied up are Steve Giannis and Cow with three, and in first place neck and neck are randalln Brod. They have four points.
Speaker 7: Question stayed man, I was like leaving.
Speaker 1: His coat on. He was walking out there.
Speaker 8: When your kids are playing like a sports game and they're losing at halftime, to just leave.
Speaker 7: Throw my hand and walk out.
Speaker 1: Question six. The topic is hunting in this next great question is via Tyler Hockaday. Easton Archery defines this as an arrow's quote measurement of its stiffness. Easton Archery defines this as an arrow's measurement of its stiffness. We're gonna need to get Steve a new marker. I can already see the complaints right.
Speaker 7: What I wrote based on Randall.
Speaker 1: Could you grab a new marker.
Speaker 3: I'd be happy to do that.
Speaker 1: You might not bother the It doesn't bother me, but it bothers our listeners.
Speaker 7: The trick is you just pressed extraordinarily hard on your march.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a little hot tip.
Speaker 7: Remember sling blade.
Speaker 9: And there's that when he the dude in the insane asylum, like whenever he goes where he drags his chair behind him.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of going for that.
Speaker 1: Road Tators, not like most Easton r Tie defines this as an arrow's measurement of its stiffness. Is everybody ready, I'm nervous. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Steve and you're not going to give it to him this time. And Cal saying spine, Marge says flex, Brody says spleen fly, We're not going to give it to you. Answer is spine. Simply put, the lower the spine rating, the stiffer the arrow. Also, the more spine and arrow has, the heavier it gets. Spine ratings usually fall somewhere between two hundred and sixty and five hundred, with the most common sizes being in the three to four hundred range. Question seven, the topic is natural history.
Speaker 7: So if you have an ED do they use that same.
Speaker 5: This is your number. It's a little high.
Speaker 1: Question seven, The topic is natural history. The song blank in the Sky with diamonds was the inspiration for the famous skeleton was discovered in an Ethiopian cave in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 5: You just got moved.
Speaker 7: I'm especially go.
Speaker 1: Steve is mad. He thinks this is too easy. But I think a few of them players may not get this one. The song blank in the sky with the diamond was.
Speaker 7: The inspiration spelled the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Was discovered in You don't even need to read the nineteen seventy four You.
Speaker 7: Don't even need to read. Just end the question at at the sixth word.
Speaker 1: Tell that to set Yeah, just told Tell that to John.
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Tell that to our listeners who are under the age of thirty.
Speaker 9: I would have said, what song was the inspiration for the famous skeleton that was discovered in Ethiopia cave?
Speaker 7: Nineties?
Speaker 1: Anymore? Trying to make a fun game forever.
Speaker 3: It wasn't inspired to buy.
Speaker 1: This one. She did not. Oh really, it's.
Speaker 8: Funny because when we were kids. We always thought it stood for something else.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, the song Blank in the Sky with Diamonds tale, the famous skeleton that was discovered in the cave.
Speaker 5: You don't know.
Speaker 7: Oh, we're given to me hints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're giving a lot of answer.
Speaker 7: I holed it, he said, Oh, I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's answers, question, answer and reveal your answer. Seth without an answer, we have Steve and Giannis and Randall saying Lucy. John without an answer. Cal says Lucy. Marge and Brody say Lucy. They got it. The correct answer is Lucy. Lucy was a human ancestor that lived about three point two million years ago. Her skeleton was the first of her species to ever be found. She's been called anthropology Sweetheart and has been shown in museums across the globe. The archaeologist who found her named her after that Beatles song that they'd been singing all week.
Speaker 7: I'll give you a bonus point, right, not last name? A leaky?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: What's it? What's the question? Austral That's right, that's that, that's like. But then there's a there's another thing after that?
Speaker 7: Who found it?
Speaker 5: Say?
Speaker 6: I am not looking this up.
Speaker 5: Blurb this morning on the bog Man that's called cheddar Man. They did a DNA analysis and they found a like, basically a direct relative living in the same town next to the bog Well, yeah, three hundred years later, which is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question eight is fishing. This next great question is va Michael grow. This ten letter word is defined as quote a device which places a lure at the desired depth while the boat is moving. This ten letter word is defined as a device which places a lure at the desired depth. Don't the boat is moving? Hated a question seven? Hates question eight.
Speaker 6: I say it's a lot of fun to have Steve back. I mean that sincerely.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you all why don't like it?
Speaker 1: Okay? This ten letter word is defined as a device which places a lure at the desired depth while the boat is moving. Yeah, what's your problem?
Speaker 5: Well, because there's some other things out there, Okay that also placed your lure at a desired depth.
Speaker 7: I got it right.
Speaker 9: If I didn't get it right, you'd be in hot water right now because I just did some add Okay, got a threat.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's more than one there is. Spencer's already come up with there is.
Speaker 7: Memory you have been punched in this game.
Speaker 1: This would be the first time. This ten letter word is defined as a device which places a lure at the desired debt while the boat.
Speaker 7: I could think of a couple of things. I got a tribute question.
Speaker 1: Okay, who screwed up this one? This is an exact definition from someone who makes this thing. This ten letter word is defined as a device which places a lure and is moving.
Speaker 5: The only one I can think of is not ten letters.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm, okay, see not all fishing questions? Wow, is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? Have set saying down rigger. Steve says it down and he says I can't what I say? Says down rigger, Randall downrigger, John downrigger, cal downrigger. Answer, he says, Cannon, I couldn't remember. The correct answer is downrigger downs or Ken dipsy diver work?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Are those brand names or.
Speaker 6: Just a line counting reel?
Speaker 1: What you got film?
Speaker 6: I'm just asking that one.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: You can set your depth with Downriggers are used by fresh water and saltwater anglers to catch everything from salmon to stripers to Wileye. Down riggers are most useful when fishing in deep water or when you're trying to target fish that are spread out in the water column. A number of baits can be pulled behind a downrigger, such as spoons, swim baits, live baits, and crank baits.
Speaker 9: Now we have two questions, laught for sure, give us yeah, yeah, I'll give it.
Speaker 7: I got it right, But man, i'd be having them.
Speaker 5: This says dipsy diver is two words by the lower Jensen company.
Speaker 6: We got John with three points. He is out of the game as our margin seth with four points.
Speaker 5: Unlike which is a ball?
Speaker 6: So bad water you mean?
Speaker 7: I answers you a.
Speaker 6: Scoreboard up, I'll wait till everyone else's time. Brody has five points, Steve, Giannis and Cal are tied up with six and in first place. All by as lonesome as Randall Williams seven points.
Speaker 1: Steve's gonna punch you at the end of this game.
Speaker 3: Well it wouldn't be the first time.
Speaker 1: Question nine. The topic is conservation. Noah defines this as quote soil that has sand, silt, and clay and equal amounts whoa whoa. Noah defines this as soil that has sand, silt, and clay in equal amounts. Seth very quick to answer, Seth, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's just the only thing that I was gonna come up with. It might work.
Speaker 1: Why don't you glow to Steve's face?
Speaker 5: Someone says, soil into Seth's brand.
Speaker 1: Noah defines this as soil that had sand, silt, and clay in equal amounts. Seth is our only confident player right now.
Speaker 3: Can you are you reading my body language?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you have an answer? Are you confident? Randal?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, but I just thought that was an interesting pronouncement.
Speaker 1: The ship in my guard soil that has sand, silt and clay and equal amounts. Steve, do you have this one right?
Speaker 7: Man? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh maybe God, But it's like, so, Randall, are you confident or not?
Speaker 3: I have a word that popped into my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm feeling good compared to the rest of our contestants here.
Speaker 1: Brody now has come up with an answer. Brody, did you get this one right now?
Speaker 6: I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: I think Steve's marker squeaking worked on you. Wasn't that long ago?
Speaker 7: Psychologically?
Speaker 1: No, I've been on a tear lately. You lose there you go? Okay. Noah defines this as soil that has sand, silt, and clay in equal amounts. I don't know. This might change up the scoreboard. Cal, do you have an answer?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I do, it's not.
Speaker 1: Johanny, do you have an answer?
Speaker 5: Answer?
Speaker 1: You boys? Ready?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Really, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying loam. Steve says, what's I say? Lose?
Speaker 7: Well, I could not spell.
Speaker 1: Yanni says loam, Miranda loam, John without an answer, Cal loamy, Marge without an answer. Brody says sediment. The correct answer is loam or soil.
Speaker 7: Can I get it with this because you can tell I knew the word.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's part of like soil nutrient, that's some other thing in nature. Loam is found from the plains to the forests. It's considered the finest soil for farming, which is why it's so concerning that top soil is disappearing ten times faster than it's being replaced. Native plants are an important part of soil conservation because they provide windbreaks and riparian buffers. Here's a correct answer review so far. One was Arkansas, Two was Balaclava. Three, Jumanji four, New Hampshire five, Julia Child six, Spine seven, Lucy eight Downrigger nine loam Phil. Give us one last scoreboard update before we do question teen.
Speaker 6: Oops, sorry, video people, I just faded to black.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: Here we are. It's down to Randall, Jannis and Cow. Jannis and Cow have seven points apiece and Randall has eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wasn't gonna bring this up, but I actually knew that last one. I had written it down and then I took it away and wrote something different.
Speaker 1: Question ten.
Speaker 7: So if you think about it, if Randall gets this one wrong, it could have been that I want.
Speaker 1: We'll think about it. There's question ten. The topic is conservation. Name two of the seven states that have exactly two national parks. Name two of the seven states that have exactly two national parks exactly exactly. Don't put down. One that has ten, don't put down it has one states that have exactly two national parks.
Speaker 6: He's like, he's like Quinton Jaws coming into the board.
Speaker 1: Randall, Do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I believe so.
Speaker 1: Steve even mentioned in the last question that it's what he has in his garden, which I bet he's correct. There you are using.
Speaker 7: Loan told you I had it right. Shouldn't I be able to go off that comment?
Speaker 1: And then two of the seven states that have exactly two national parks?
Speaker 7: God, I want to win so bad.
Speaker 1: Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 9: Oh shit, No, I don't have this one right. I didn't really think about it too terrible heart either, So I don't think I can win. No matter what I mean, I can't.
Speaker 7: It's right you can't.
Speaker 1: Randall. How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 3: I feel like if I get it wrong, I'm gonna feel very stupid. Okay, but I feel fairly confident.
Speaker 1: Yanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: All right? Good guess going?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Cal?
Speaker 1: Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I feel stupid already?
Speaker 1: What and who are we down to again?
Speaker 6: Randall has eight He is in first place, and then Giannis and Cal are tied up in seven behind. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I kind of feel like Randall was calling everyone who gets this question wrong stupid.
Speaker 1: No, I'll just we're against that kind of language here.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's just it's the particulars of my answer.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 6: For the sports people, Randall Spencer in the room, is there some sort of analogy we could make about like a player coach who was like, you know, just they're just in their prime and they stepped away from the game and came back and the game had changed and left them behind.
Speaker 1: Uh, left them?
Speaker 7: Where's this going?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It'd be like if Michael Jordan wasn't good after he came back from from baseball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Name two of the seven states that have exactly two national parks. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sat saying Montana and Wyoming. Steve says South Dakota, Maine. Jannis says Colorado, Montana, Randall says Montana, Wyoming, John says Montana, Arkansas. Cal says Montana, Washington, Marge says Montana and North Dakota. Brody says Michigan and Maine. These seven states are Nevada, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming. Meaning Randall got that one.
Speaker 6: Right, rand Spencer, I'd have it right, said.
Speaker 1: Randall, is our winner today with what nine correct answers? Which one did you miss? The first question? The first question does dam fishing questions? I know we shouldn't put them at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Again, you sabotaged me at the beginning right off the bat. How unusual given your propensity to put them at the end.
Speaker 1: Randall, you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donation from me to goes. What's it going to be today?
Speaker 3: I'd like to give the five hundred dollars to our friends at back country Owners and Anglers. Mmm, okay, a lot of uh land transfer talk back on the table and uh they're out there on the front lines.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars going to bha via Randall and Meat Eater.
Speaker 7: Ends knuckle sandwich to go to Ramball.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got we Actually we beat the three o'clock buzzer by seventeen minutes. Everyone can get a knuckle sandwich.
Speaker 3: Phil, Phil, keep the cameras rolling.
Speaker 1: Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Spencer, Spencer, Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 7: He's the host using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down.
Speaker 3: He likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 5: It is an avid amateur lock how